The best games like Zima uhodi! are:
- arrow_rightDead Cells
- arrow_rightEverlasting Summer
- arrow_rightCortex Command
- arrow_rightComix Zone
- arrow_rightTales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
- arrow_rightOceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
- arrow_rightMr. Shifty
100 Best Games Like Zima uhodi!:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (9)
- PlayStation 4 (13)
- iOS (12)
- Android (11)
- macOS (30)
- Linux (19)
- Nintendo Switch (9)
- Nintendo 3DS (3)
- Nintendo DS (1)
- Xbox 360 (4)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (6)
- PlayStation 2 (2)
- PlayStation (4)
- PS Vita (3)
- PSP (2)
- Wii U (3)
- Wii (3)
- GameCube (2)
- Game Boy Advance (3)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (2)
- NES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Apple II (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (4)
- Atari 7800 (1)
- Atari 8-bit (1)
- Atari ST (2)
- Genesis (3)
- SEGA CD (2)
Celeste is a platformer about climbing a mountain, from the creators of TowerFall.
Explore a sprawling mountain with over 500 levels bursting with secrets, across 8 unique areas. Unlock a hardcore Remix for each area, with completely new levels that will push your climbing skills to the limit.
Madeline can air-dash and climb any surface to gain ground. Controls are simple and accessible, but super tight and expressive with layers of depth to master. Deaths are sudden and respawns are fast. You'll die a lot, but you'll learn something every time.
Meet peculiar characters and climb through a personal story of breaking through your self-doubt to find yourself, set in the present-day Pacific Northwest. Uncover the mystery of the mountain's power and outrun your reflection on your journey to reach the top.
2. Dead Cells
Dead Cells is a roguelike adventure title developed by Motion Twin.
Not much story is present in the game, as only bits of any information are given out to the players. The game takes place at a remote island, where the players take place of the Prisoner. The Prisoner does not speak, yet he can express confusion and frustration using his body language. The Prisoner is basically immortal, as, in case of death, his head disconnects itself from the Prisoner's body, and gets back to the game's starting area.
The game's heavily inspired by The Binding of Isaac, as stated by the developers.
Dead Cells features the procedurally generated environments that are typical for roguelike games, yet it puts a strong emphasis on exploration that is typically found in metroidvanias.
The players set out to explore the island where a prison was built. As the players come down into the dungeons of the island, they find various loot, fight dangerous creatures, collect armor, abilities, and power-ups. Upon death, the players lose all the loot they had on them. It is possible to find a shopkeep somewhere in the dungeons to purchase new equipment or have some rest.
The game uses death as a learning experience, as it randomizes the placement of enemies, so the players can't take multiple attempts to complete a level. The developers want the player to examine the enemy behavior and learn how to combat the enemies themselves.
3. Everlasting Summer
Everlasting Summer is a visual novel about a man named Semyon who is teleported from modern Russia into summer camp somewhere in Soviet Union. He is a 25-year old person who is living in an apartment and keeps in-touch with the world through his computer with which he also makes money for a living, but one day he goes somewhere via bus and accidentally falls to sleep. When he wakes up he finds himself in a Pioneer Soviet camp at summer. Now he is back to his 17-year old self. He starts to develop relations with people in the camp. The main mission is to discover what the heck happened and how to escape from this semi-reality but not less important objective is to find your true love. The game is similar to Japanese visual novel games as it uses sprites as characters and text similar to those games from Japan of the same genre. At several points player must to choose from different options in order to progress the story which will affect the ending of the game which also are several and different, ones of those are happy while others are bad, depending on what the player selected during the game.
Everlasting Summer is known of its adult-only content which was removed in the Steam version but later on (in 2015) there was an online release of the game with all the missing content from Steam version.
Categories in common with Everlasting Summer: Indie
4. Cortex Command
Cortex Command is a 2D pixel art tactical game. The story is set in the future where humans united with machines so they can send their brains everywhere in the universe. Since then humans explore other planets, interact with aliens and mine gold. You play as one of these brains that are settled on an unnamed planet and needs to survive there.
As a brain you must complete multiple missions that include self-defense, exploring dangerous parts of the planet, searching for elements of the mechs and so on. There are several factions in the game; each of them has different units you can use to fulfill your plans. The environment is fully destructible and provides you with gold and other resources to protect your brain and attack the opponent’s base.
The game features a turn-based strategic campaign along with a four-player multiplayer mode. Cortex Command can also be easily modified with several in-game editors.
5. Comix Zone
Comix Zone is a 1995 beat 'em up video game developed and published by Sega for the Sega Genesis. An unusual feature of the game is that it is set within the panels of a comic book with dialogue rendered within talk bubbles and sprites and backgrounds possessing the bright colours and dynamic drawing style favoured by superhero comics. This style had been used in video games previously, for example Ocean Software's Batman: The Caped Crusader in 1988, but Comix Zone stretched the idea to such an extent that Sega applied for and were granted a patent for a "Videogame system for creating a simulated comic book game".
The concept for the game originated from a Commodore Amiga demo video animated by Peter Morawiec titled "Joe Pencil Trapped In The Comix Zone". The video was made in 1992, displaying the animation of how the gameplay and the comic book elements would blend in.
Categories in common with Comix Zone: Action
6. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
Celebrate the 10th anniversary of Tales of Vesperia and the return of this fan-favorite with the Definitive Edition!
A power struggle begins in a civilization dependent on an ancient technology, the blastia, and the Empire that controls it. The fates of two friends traveling separate paths intertwine in an epic adventure that threatens the existence of all.
Dive into the Definitive version of this game with updated full HD graphics, brand-new music tracks, exciting mini-games, bosses, and a collection of unreleased costume DLC!
Two more playable characters join the fray!
• Patty Fleur, a cheerful and tough young pirate girl in search of treasure, adventure… and her forgotten memories.
• Flynn Scifo, Yuri’s best friend and an Imperial Knight, now joins the rest on their journey!
Categories in common with Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition: Role Playing
7. Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
You wake up and find a letter from your father. He is gone… The only lead is his old notebook and a mysterious necklace. What happened?
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas combines captivating storytelling, breathtaking 3D visuals and exciting gameplay into one epic action-adventure experience. In the game you explore the islands of Uncharted Seas, a world filled with many dangers, puzzles and secrets. You must fight monsters, learn to use magic and discover ancient treasures, which will help you on your quest. Use all of your wits and skill to unravel the mysteries of the ancient kingdom of Arcadia and the sea monster, Oceanhorn.
- 15+ hours of story driven gameplay
- Master magic and swordfight
- Find ancient items to help you on your quest
- Steam Achievements and Leaderboards
- Steam Cloud
- Steam Trading Cards
- Full controller support
- Enchanting original soundtrack
8. Mr. Shifty
Shift through bullets, and master lightning-fast takedowns in an all new kind of action game from tinyBuild and Team Shifty! Mr. Shifty follows a teleportation-fueled heist to break into the world's most secure facility.
- Shift through walls, through bullets, cover huge distances and be everywhere at once
- One shot kills. Survive on skills.
- Use distraction, trickery, explore what's possible when stealth and action become one!
- Toy with enemies, laugh as they use doors to enter rooms
- Underestimate enemies, and cry as they use group tactics to outsmart Shifty
A group of industry veterans behind 21 games, from GameBoy Advance to Xbox 360, have joined together to raise the bar for independent games: Team Shifty's action-packed debut is a must play!
By yourself or with friends, your mission is to survive an epic oceanic adventure across
a perilous sea! Gather debris to survive, expand your raft and be wary of the dangers of
Trapped on a small raft with nothing but a hook made of old plastic, players awake on a vast,
blue ocean totally alone and with no land in sight! With a dry throat and an empty stomach,
survival will not be easy!
Raft throws you and your friends into an epic adventure out on the big open sea, with the
objective to stay alive, gather resources and build yourself a floating home worthy of
Resources are tough to come at sea: Players will have to make sure to catch whatever debris
floats by using their trusty hook and when possible, scavenge the reefs beneath the waves.
However, thirst and hunger is not the only danger in the ocean… watch out for the man-
eating shark determined to end your voyage!
● Multiplayer! Survive by yourself or with friends in online co-op!
● Hook! Use your hook to catch debris floating by.
● Craft! Build survival equipment, weapons, crop plots and more to help you stay alive!
● Build! Expand your raft from a simple wreckage to a buoyant mansion.
● Dive! Drop anchor and explore the depths for more resources.
● Fight! Defend your raft from the dangers of the ocean.
Categories in common with Raft: Adventure
Four races of wizards, adepts of four magical schools, collide in a brutal fight for world domination. Etherlords, an iconic strategy created by Nival, became a bestseller in the world and earned highest grades from critics.
Etherlords is an exciting mix of turn-based strategy and fantasy trading card game. Innovative game mechanics that first appeared in this game formed the basics of most modern games of this genre.Key Features
- 4 races of magical creatures, each with their own unique lands, architecture, spells and strategy;
- 2 battle campaigns for each two allied races;
- More than 300 spells, including sorcery, battle magic, summoning and rituals;
- More than 10 game levels, all connected by one storyline;
- 64 heroes of all races; their parameters, special abilities and selected skills progress with each level gained.
- Individual battle style for each hero with the help of their unique sets of spells;
- A combination of magical battle system based on table games and strategic use of resources;
- Full 3D turn-based battles with unlimited variety of tactical decisions;
Categories in common with Etherlords: Strategy
11. One Way Heroics
In One Way Heroics, you take on the role of an intrepid adventurer who must travel across the land and face the Demon Lord before a mysterious shadow engulfs everything.
Darkness always approaches from the left, and with each movement or action you take, the void creeps ever closer. Forced to run right, you'll encounter any number of monsters, allies, thieves and shops on your desperate journey to stop the end of everything.
The good news is that you don't just have access to one world. You have access to all of them.
- A nearly infinite number of worlds to save and explore!
- Multiple classes to unlock, each with different skills and advantages.
- Dimensional Vault: Don't waste extra valuables! Lock away your inventory and save it for your next run!
- Time control: when the going gets tough, the tough freeze time and work out a new strategy.
- Steam goodies: trading cards, emoticons and wallpapers that proudly broadcast your OWH finesse!
Every world is different and unique. Lust forests or corrupted hellscapes, adorable animals or cunning thieves, each departure is a roll of the die. You might find likeminded heroes willing to journey with you, or you might meet no one and be forced to venture into the unknown alone.
Like a dimension you previously visited? Simply input the name at the Dimensional selection screen before you begin your journey. Want to try your luck with a random reality? Type any word that pops into your head, and watch as One Way Heroics builds you a world based on the name you chose.
Infinite permutations. Infinite worlds. Infinite adventure.
*This game supports Cloud Saves for most system data including clear data and unlockables, however mid-game saves do not carry over.
12. Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex is the sixth game in the Crash Bandicoot series, however it is the first game to not be developed by Naughty Dog. Instead the game was developed by Traveller's Tales and published by Universal Interactive Studios.
The story begins when we see Dr. Neo Cortex's space station and Uka Uka awakes the Destructive masks who each have a power over Earth, Fire, Water, and Air. If they unleash their power then Cortex will be able to power his secret weapon which could be capable of crushing mountains, demolishing entire cities, and even destroy Crash. Crash with the help of his sister Coco Bandicoot and Aku Aku need to find a way to stop Cortex and the destructive masks before Cortex's weapon is powered. The Wrath of Cortex is the first game to feature Crunch Bandicoot, one of Cortex's creations who turns good by the end of the game.
Tengami is an atmospheric adventure game set inside a Japanese pop-up book. Fold and slide the beautifully crafted paper world to solve puzzles and discover secrets.
Discover the wonders of a folding world
Go on a serene journey through Japan of ancient fairy tales brought to life through striking visuals, unique gameplay and haunting music. Experience dark forests, abandoned shrines and tranquil mountain waterfalls as you seek to uncover the secret behind the lone dying cherry tree.
First of its kind pop-up book gameplay
Not a book, but a game inside a pop-up book. Tengami plays like nothing else before it. Reach directly into the world to flip, fold and slide parts of the world to delve deeper into your mysterious journey.
Stunning original soundtrack
A beautiful and original soundtrack by renowned composer David Wise accompanies your adventure. Use of headphones is recommended for the most immersive experience.
Authentic and intricate
Tengami’s world is built as an authentically folding three dimensional pop-up book with an all new technology created just for this game. Everything seen in the game could be recreated in real-life with just paper, scissors and glue.
14. God Mode
Do you like running? How about gunning? What if special abilities are thrown into the mix? Upgradable weapons? Let's say there’re dozens of on-screen enemies to unleash this firepower on, and as your reward for dispatching them you get experience and gold to collect that can be used for character customization and new equipment--all the while playing alongside friends in 4-player cooperative play! If you like the sound of all this, then you'll love God Mode.
Retro shooter action and RPG elements are combined in this new downloadable third-person shooter. God Mode combines non-linear gameplay, fast and frantic shooting, hordes of on-screen enemies, a fully functional online coop mode, and features visuals and gameplay that rival that of a full-priced boxed title. Matches rarely--if ever--play out the same, as dozens of in-game modifiers can significantly alter the gameplay on the fly. Characters are fully customizable, both in appearance and equipment, which continually evolve. Gold and experience are constantly accrued and used to unlock new and satisfying weaponry and unique powerful abilities, both of which can be further upgraded.Key Features:
- Cooperative multiplayer for up to 4 players (with special PvP locations)
- Collect gold and experience to unlock upgradable weapons and abilities
- Extensive character customization
- Dozens of Tests of Faith (in-game modifiers) dynamically alter gameplay in each level
15. Alien Breed 3: Descent
Initially, a series of games with the same name and plot was developed for the Amigo gaming computer, and in this series several games with sequels were released. The new incarnation of the series was created on the Unreal Engine 3 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
The general plot of the series - a brief overview
Alien Breed: Impact
Theodor J. Conrad is a mechanic on the Leopold spacecraft. In space, the ship is faced with a huge unknown ship, inhabited by hostile creatures. These creatures sneak aboard the Leopold and begin to destroy the crew.
Konrad fights to save his life and the ship.
He is helped by the female android MIA, she gives advice, helps to find the right items.
The action takes place both on the "Leopold" and on a hostile ship.
Alien Breed 2: Assault
The game begins where the history of the previous game ended. The hero of this game is the same Theodor J. Conrad, but his ship Leopold is already critically damaged and impossible to save.
MIA is still trying to help Conrad, but becomes a victim of Klein - a man who managed to load his intellect into a computer that controls the alien ship. When trying to influence this computer, MIA fell under the influence of Klein's intellect and now cannot help Theodor.
Klein tells Theodor that the ship was not really created by aliens, but by the inhabitants of Earth and is a huge scientific station, where earthlings explored alien beings.
Alien Breed 3: Descent
Theodor's situation becomes even more complex. Now the only one with whom Theodor can communicate is Klein's intellect, loaded into a computer. However, this is quite a developed "creature" that fully controls the ship, or rather, the scientific station, along with all the aliens on it. And this intelligence is able not only to control the aliens, but also to modify them.
As it turned out, Klein is able to send against Theodor his last ally MIA - MIA did not die, but turned into a fully manipulated Klein artificial intelligence, opposed to Theodor. However, Theodor manages to win over her and she even tells him how to defeat Klein. This is not easy, because Klein directs against Theodor all the systems of a huge ship.
The gameplay has common features in all three games of the series.
All games are shooters, the action of which takes place in the futuristic interiors of space ships.
Each level contains several tasks, such as finding keys or restoring ship systems to work.
Before leaving the level, the player must complete all tasks.
Opponents are aliens.
Interestingly, you can save the game only in special places. The same places serve as shops where upgrades and other useful things can be purchased.
Information about opponents is revealed as the hero finds relevant sources of information in the game space.
17. ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Deep in the mountainous ranges of the Drakalor Chain, Chaos has broken through into Ancardia and it's up to you to decide the fate of the entire realm. You control a single character with a wildy varying set of skills, talents, spells and other abilities. Customized equipment makes each race/class combination a very different experience. Explore a mostly randomized underworld, fight monsters, loot treasures and uncover the many secrets lurking in the world of Ancardia.
Join a generation of gamers in playing a remastered version of this classic rogue-like!
With an overhaul of the graphics, music, new playable races and classes, over 400 monsters, tens of thousands of items, crafting, magic, religion, corruption, randomized dungeons and so much more, this reimagined version is one of the most in-depth roguelikes on the planet.
So, come join us as we return to Ancardia and choose your fate.ABOUT ADOM ON STEAM
ADOM on Steam will take ADOM gameplay to the next level by introducing the following features (among others) in the next couple of months:
- 70+ achievements,
- game customization features (e.g. turning corruption off, increasing treasure rates adjusting monster lethality),
- ghost creation and exchange between players - be haunted by dead player characters and try to win their treasures,
- story mode - save and reload your games,
- exploration mode - use a wand of wishes to discover completely new sides of the game,
- challenge mode - try to score highest under complex conditions in weekly challenge games,
- shared and global highscores (TBD),
- point-based character generation (TBD),
- star sign selection (TBD),
- cloud based save files and so much more (TBD).
Is ADOM a complete game? Yes, a very complete game. A multitude of endings, varied approaches to game play, thousands of starting combinations and an extensive storyline filled with endless details makes for an extremely satisfying experience that justly positions ADOM as one of the big five foundational roguelike games.
Is ADOM a finished game? No. As long as there is interest in the game we will continue to evolve and enhance it. In this respect ADOM differs from many other games on Steam in the best tradition of roguelike classics: We will continue to add both UI enhancements and new content to the core game in order to make it the most complete RPG ever. Buy once, play forever!
18. Lili: Child of Geos - Complete Edition
Lili is a quirky adventure RPG hybrid with stunning visuals, silky-smooth graphics, a cinematic story-line, and a fresh new way to deal with enemies.
On the mysterious island of Geos, Lili will meet a number of hilarious locals, explore beautiful environments, solve some puzzles, and even challenge an oppressive regime or two along her way.
If you've enjoyed Zelda, Broken Age, or Psychonauts come on an adventure with Lili! And if you have never played any of those games, come with us on a journey which will make your sides ache with laughter, where you will get to know and love Lili, and maybe even shed a tear or two.Feature Highlights
- Open and flexible gameplay - Lili: Child of Geos sports a huge number of quests and adventures for the player to experience. The player is free to mix and match how they progress through the game by either fighting spirits or completing quests, or anything in between.
- Lili as it was meant to be - Lili started its life as a game for iPhones and iPads. We've since taken that game as a starting point and run with it.
-Vastly improved and updated visuals across the whole game
-Completely redone UI
-More than doubled the number of interactive NPCs in the world
-4x the number of quests
-Full Controller support
-A long list of bug fixes and tweaks
Check out the Comparison Guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=260470840
- Collectible Hats - Hidden throughout the game are a multitude of fun and exciting hats to collect and wear. Can you find them all?
- 45 unique NPCs - Every area of Geos has unique NPCs to interact with and talk to! And believe us, they all have A LOT of problems for Lili to help solve.
- Visually Stunning World - Lili takes place on the beautiful and whimsical island of Geos. It takes full advantage of the ample power available in the modern gaming PC. We lovingly call it the tour de force for UnrealEngine 3.
- Steam Achievements - 47 achievements to acquire!
- Steam Leaderboards - Every single Spirit in the game has its own leaderboard. Can you beat your friends' scores?
- Choices Abound - Most of us have over 40 hours of playing Lili on Steam. That is 40 hours of just doing play throughs to test the game. And after those 40 hours, we still love playing. Our daily play through is one of the best parts of our day!About BitMonster
BitMonster is comprised of five senior developers, previously with Epic Games, who headed out to explore the world of indie game development.
We have spent the last 5ish months completely redoing our first game, morphing it into a phenomenal PC gaming experience. We can't wait for you all to experience Lili: Child of Geos!
19. Conflict Desert Storm
Take charge of the most feared special operations forces in the world: the elite British SAS or the US Delta Force squads. You're the best trained, best equipped and best organised. The area that has been assigned to you is yours for the taking. Seek, locate and destroy enemy targets and personnel. Create havoc and confusion throughout the enemy's lines of communication and supply. What lies before you is the opportunity of a soldier's lifetime. Take your equipment, take your training and use it well. Squad-based combat over 15 challenging missions.Key Features:
- Control a squad of four expert SAS or Delta Force operatives - Team Leader, Sniper, Heavy Weapons Specialist and Combat Engineer.
- Call in air strikes, take control of vehicles and engage in the most fearsome combat you will ever face.
- Watch your squad's expertise improve as each mission is completed.
- Unprecedented AI governs enemy and squad behaviour.
- Multiple paths through 15 challenging missions in urban, desert and indoor environments.
- Real-World physics and ballistic models accurately simulate the rigours of combat.
- Superb sound effects, explosions and actual Special Forces weaponry.
An adventure with 100 different endings
You are a wannabe hero who is supposed to do hero-ish things but sometimes blows that off and does crazy stuff instead.
One hundred different endings
Choose your path, every decision leads to a new ending.
Will you find the real one? Is there such a thing?
Only one way to know...
Lots of "Aha!" moments
The world doesn't change with each new game, you do.
Well, actually it DOES change, but that's a secret for you to find out.
A big bunch of unlockable stuff
New playable characters, hints, costumes, visual effects and more!
Bazillions of secrets and pop-culture references
They are, you know, secrets. So we won't spoil them here ;)
Even a simple-looking-yet-amazing game like this takes a lot of time and big piles of money to make, but you can get it for only a few bucks.
How's that for magic?
Time travel, battle royale fights, mimics, permadeath, shotguns, mining, resource gathering, base building, global leaderboards, farming...
Ok, we may have had exaggerated on that one...
OR HAVE WE???
Yup, there's that too.
Available in many flavours.
A beautiful OST
Don't believe us? Listen to it here.
Categories in common with Reventure: Indie
21. Castlevania: The Adventure (1989)
Castlevania: The Adventure is a platform game released for the Game Boy in 1989. It is the first Castlevania title for the system. Castlevania: The Adventure was re-released in color as part of the Konami GB Collection compilations in Japan and Europe. A remake titled Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth was released as a WiiWare game for the Wii.
Categories in common with Castlevania: The Adventure (1989):
22. House of 1,000 Doors: Family Secrets Collector's Edition
A young bride who lost her husband in a gruesome accident refuses to leave a train.
A sculptor who disturbed his wife's grave is suffering in a wintry hell.
And a young girl who posed for a cursed portrait haunts the charred remains of her father's studio.
When the dead cannot find release, the House of 1000 Doors appears at locations around the world to serve as a portal for gifted individuals to help them. What secrets do these souls share with Kate Reed, a struggling writer hoping to recapture her past success? These lost souls cannot move on. To save them, you must guide Kate between these mind-bending worlds as you explore the House of 1000 Doors.
Tormented souls imprisoned in a netherworld cry out to the living for help in this Collector's Edition of HOUSE OF 1000 DOORS FAMILY SECRETS that includes additional plot lines, and integrated strategy guide and more!
Explore stunning locations and discover the dark secrets of the Lancaster family as you delve into the supernatural on your quest for the truth in this compelling mystery.
When the dead cannot find release, they beckon to an unlikely medium to pass between the spirit world and our own to free them from their twisted past lives and the endless horror that they cannot escape.
What secret do all these souls share? Pass between all the mind-bending worlds when you enter the House of 1000 Doors to find out.
"One of 2014's best games"
- Gary Bailey, GertLush Gaming
"I came away with a profound sense of my own mortality and that’s precisely the sort of thing that [Qora] might inspire me to explore."
- Adam Smith, RockPaperShotgun
"[Qora] has the same quirk and charm of old-school RPGs and adventure games"
- Chloi Rad, Indie Statik
Beautifully realised, and implementing stunning pixel-art graphics and a wonderful low-fi soundtrack, visionary filmmaker Holden Boyle's first video game Qora is a passionate homage to the past adventure game greats.
Settling in a new village tucked away amongst a valley, you will explore unknown mysterious landscapes, harnessing a strange mystical power hidden there.
An absorbing story-driven experience, Qora is an unforgettable journey that will continue to burn bright in your mind even after it is over.
- Featuring many varied and gorgeous pixel-painted landscapes, Qora's world is full of intrigue and beautiful mystery
- A powerful low-fi soundtrack accompanies your journey, punctuating the setting appropriately
- Genuinely amusing and charming characters/dialogue will ensure that you speak to every last NPC
- A mysterious power enables you learn more about your surroundings and explore the secrets hidden among the valleys
- Multiple endings give you a reason to explore the game all over again
24. Jenny LeClue - Detectivu
Jenny LeClue is a handcrafted adventure with memorable characters, a unique aesthetic, and an epic tangled mystery. It’s also a coming-of-age story about the blurred lines between right and wrong.
This is a game about your choices and how they affect Jenny and the author’s story. It’s a rich metanarrative with delightful surprises and interactions. Jenny LeClue also explores mature themes, complex characters, and an epic tangled mystery.
You play as Jenny, a brilliant young detective, living in the idyllic college town of Arthurton. Jenny is a sharp-eyed, relentless pursuer of the truth. But nothing exciting happens in Arthurton, and Jenny longs for real adventure.
Jenny gets more than she bargains for when her mother is accused of murder, and begins an unexpected journey to find the truth.
She soon discovers every cloud has a dark lining, and nothing in Arthurton is what it seems. Unseen forces will stop at nothing to keep Jenny from the truth. And she will have to use all her skills of deduction to find the real killer.FeaturesBeautiful handmade Art StyleSleek and gorgeous hand drawn style with vintage midcentury aesthetics.A Living WorldThe goal is for everything to be interactive, to reward players who poke and prod at every last item and object with insight, secrets, and humor.Choosiness On A Massive ScalePlayers will make choices in their individual game, and some of those choices will be tallied to permanently influence subsequent chapters, essentially "writing" the story collaboratively. The choice players make about the cliffhanger ending of episode one determines the beginning of episode two.Female ProtagonistJenny is a brilliant young detective, sharp eyed, intuitive and a ruthless pursuer of the truth.Dialogue With A TwistJenny is able to move the camera around during dialogue scenes and observe the subject for visible clues that might reveal their guilt or innocence that would otherwise go undetected.Story Within A storyJenny LeClue weaves a rich metanarrative. The "author" of Jenny's adventures, Arthur K Finklestein, acts as narrator and guide, but his presence also allows you to change the way Jenny's story is written. Players choices will also affect Finklestein’s own story.Not Just For KidsComplex relationships will be explored with themes of family, loss, and identity influenced by horror, sci-fi, and mystery genres.A Diverse Cast Of Characters & LocationsExplore Arthurton’s expansive world including the abandoned mines, the forgotten graveyard, the misty mountains, the old observatory, the police station, the shops and eateries on Main Street, and Gumboldt University's Library. You will meet many intriguing and suspicious characters, in a town whose population is representative of the US Census demographics.
25. Karateka (1985)
Karateka is a 1984 martial arts action game by Jordan Mechner, and was his first published game, created while attending Yale University. It was originally programmed for the Apple II, then widely ported. The game was published in North America by Brøderbund, and in Europe by Ariolasoft. Along with Swashbuckler (1982), Karate Champ (1984), and Yie-Ar Kung Fu (1985), Karateka was one of the earliest fighting games.
The player controls an unnamed protagonist who is attempting to rescue his love interest, the Princess Mariko, from Akuma's castle fortress. The game exhibits a combination of a side-scrolling platform and fighting game elements similar to a beat 'em up. The player uses punches and kicks to defeat Akuma and his guards and make his way deeper into the fortress.
A 2013 remake, spearheaded by Mechner, was released in 2013 as a downloadable title for the Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and iOS.
Categories in common with Karateka (1985): Action
26. From the Depths
SummaryIn From the Depths you can build and take first-person command of battleships, planes, submarines, space ships, hot air balloons and more! The game is currently in alpha and contains a wide range of single player content including:
- A creative mode allowing you to push your designs to the limit and ensure the total annihilation of your opponents.
- A campaign waged over hundreds of islands against eight unique factions.
- A Story Mode where you can (eventually!) play 15 missions as each of the eight factions - a fantastic mixture of strategy, design and wild battles! Defend your fleet against waves of enemy forces in a series of extremely tough challenges that unlock new components.
- Design and build your fleet, fortresses and structures however you want. The alpha currently has over 400 unique components blocks, not including 29 different components for making missiles, torpedoes, depth charges and bombs.
- The sky's the limit, you can equip your vehicle with - cannons, lasers, mines, bombs, missiles, torpedoes, propellers, rudders, jet engines, wings, hydrofoils, hot air balloons, anchors, fire control computers, blueprint spawners, repair bots, air pumps, automated control blocks and many, many more!
- Realistic physics - every block destroyed or added affects the vehicle's functionality, physics and control. Drag, inertia tensors, buoyancy and sealed compartments are all updated based on the design of your vehicle and the damage sustained.
- Be part of a fantastic community (http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum), with new releases made on average once a week. Community organised challenges and blueprint sharing make it an extremely friendly place to hang out!
Customisable ComponentsThe customisable components in From the Depths allow a unique level of engineering customisation:
- Design custom missiles, bombs, depth charges and torpedoes by combining various warheads types, fuse types, IR seekers, laser beam riders, laser designators, thrusters, navigation algorithms, fuel pods, sonar seekers, buoyancy compartments and propellers, to deliver a truly bespoke weapon.
- Design custom cannons by combining four different barrel types and lengths with autoloaders, warhead types, ammo boxes and auxiliary components to create everything from AA cannons to howitzers.
- Design custom AI by combing an AI mainframe with 'AI cards' slotted into motherboard blocks. Add radar detection, laser detection and tracking and local weapon controllers to give partial or full control to AI. Create anything from a fully AI controlled aircraft carrier to a battery powered drone.
- Design custom engines using crank shafts, cylinders, carburetors, super chargers, exhausts and fuel injectors. Electric engines, generators and chargers are also available for backup power supplies and drones.
- Similar systems exist for the creation of anti-vehicle and anti-missile lasers, as well as drills that can cut even the largest of battleships in half.
27. TransOcean: The Shipping Company
TransOcean – The Shipping Company is your ticket to the world of gigantic ships and transnational transport empires. Build a mighty fleet of modern merchant ships and conquer the seven seas. Track your routes and real time, take the controls as ships enter and leave the harbor, and see to it that freight gets loaded efficiently. Keep in mind that time is money! Excessive lay days are taboo.
55 of the largest and best known, as well as the most exotic harbors in the world await your visit; one of these is your home harbor, which you will choose yourself. Every harbor has its advantages and disadvantages, so you should carefully consider which one you choose. A highly polished bonus system will lend an element of suspense to every decision. And with 20 classes of ship available, you will have to bear a lot of factors in mind: is your new ship designed for the Panama Canal, or will you have to take a longer route? Would you rather take the shortest route through the Suez Canal, or head for the ports of Africa to land other lucrative assignments? Are you likely to encounter a storm on your chosen route, or is there currently a threat of piracy somewhere along the way? Is there even adequate space at your destination port for your newest freighter?
Painstakingly crafted harbors based on real-world models as well as realistic ships and routes make TransOcean – The Shipping Company a unique gaming experience. An elaborate trade system with dynamic prices allows you to constantly keep an eye on the most lucrative routes, as this is the only way you can secure the best jobs. Try to keep a balance between expenses and profit, and keep your nerve when you have to choose between different possibilities: would it pay to smuggle goods, or would you risk your good reputation? Then consider that the more successful you are and the better your reputation is, the better the offers you will receive. In online mode, you can compete with other players for the more lucrative routes and the best prices; the law of supply and demand applies in this case. Numerous paths can lead you to your goal – find the right strategy to continually expand your empire and become the most successful transport company of all time!Features
- Complex assignment management that always poses new challenges
- 55 detailed harbors, 20 of which have iconic landmarks
- 20 realistic ship classes with ships that have to be maintained
- 22 trade goods
- Exciting chance occurrences and global events influence what happens
- Self-guided or automated mooring and casting off
- Online mode: other players influence routes and commodity prices
FrostRunner is a first-person platformer “speedrunning” game, where the player is tasked with rapidly completing platforming challenges before the timer runs out. The game is set in a desolate, frozen environment seemingly abandoned by all life. Scattered throughout the icy landscape are mysterious energy crystals emanating a strange power. The player navigates 36 levels of arctic terrain using their platforming skills and a tool that allows them to tether between crystals. The constantly ticking timer encourages players to complete levels as quickly as possible and compete with others to earn their place at the top of the leaderboards.
• Fast-Paced Movement Mechanics
• 36 Levels
• Unlockable Challenge Levels
29. Arc the Lad
Arc the Lad is a tactical role-playing video game developed by G-Craft for the PlayStation and is the first game in the Arc the Lad series. It was released in 1995 in Japan, and released in North America on April 18, 2002, as part of Arc the Lad Collection. The Japanese release was published by Sony Computer Entertainment, while the North American release was published by Working Designs. It was the best-selling Japanese PlayStation game of 1995 with over a million copies sold. Arc the Lad was followed by two direct sequels and many games that make up the series.
The story begins as the young girl Kukuru goes to put out the Flame Cion. At the same time, the hero Arc begins his quest to search for his estranged father, who left him and his mother 10 years ago. The two meet after Kukuru has put out the flame and is attacked by monsters.
Categories in common with Arc the Lad: Role Playing
30. Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Collection
Get this bundled with the other two Epic classics for 25% off, until December 7, 2PM UTC.
JAZZ IS BACK!
The nefarious turtle, Devan Shell, has built a time machine as part of a diabolical plan to rewrite Carrotus' past. Now, only our hero along with his spaced-out little brother, Spaz, can stop him from turning history on its ear!
Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Collection includes:
Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - The Secret Files
Jazz, the PC platform hero, has finally made comeback with all new adventures. This time he's brought with him not only his space cadet brother Spaz, but also their sister, Lori - and she has supernatural athletic powers! This story, completely fresh and new for our gamers, takes our favourite rabbits to a haunted house, a city and an extended Easter level! On their way they encounter numerous enemies and sneaky adversaries, but trust them to bring the game to a wild conclusion when they find a mysterious code which is the key to the Valhalla.
Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - The Christmas Chronicles
They are back! Super-cool rabbit jazz, his crazy little brother, Spaz, and their athletic sister Lori will gang up for Christmas to have a wild and wacky time on your PC. In these Christmas levels of the PC hit Jazz Jackrabbit 2, our favourite rabbits have brand new adventures in cold, snowy landscapes, where there are many evil enemies. Incredibly fast-paced game play. Choice of at least three characters, each with its own specific gaming features. Fly, swim and warp your way through over 40 levels of non-stop action. Jazz Creation Station, a super-friendly level editor, enabling players to create their own levels. Deliriously fun Party Mode: Jazz up your social life with four-mode multiplayer gaming; two to four players on one screen; up to eight players on two screens via modem; up to 32 players on eight screens via LAN or the Internet!
Categories in common with Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Collection:
31. Millennium 2 - Take Me Higher
Millennium 2 is the direct sequel to Millennium - A New Hope, the new epic saga of Aldorlea Games, specialists in RPG and Adventure. Will Marine gather the people she needs so that they can challenge the Lords of Mystrock to a legendary showdown?
With magic and marvels a world and journey await you.
Millennium 2 is the second episode of Aldorlea's flagship series (the makers behind The Book of Legends, Moonchild, Dreamscape, 3 Stars of Destiny, Asguaard, Undefeated etc.).
Featuring an immersive story, this game is a fantastic chapter to a series greenlighted by the Steam community that spans over 5 episodes and features more than 20 characters in total. Key Features
- 30+ achievements to unlock - can you get them all?
- 4 levels of difficulty - choose your difficulty and enjoy replaying the game at its most challenging
- Choose visible or invisible monsters - cater to the encounter style you prefer
- Optional guiding arrows - enjoy the game without the worry of having to look up a walkthrough or guide
- Dozens of secret rooms - for those who like to explore and discover every secret
- 40 quests - easy request from a villager or very tricky riddle to solve, help people as you progress in your adventure
- Battle superb monsters including 8 Animal Kings - they are the most dangerous and feared creatures out there, so beware
- Get help from Jeanne - your magically-gifted fairy friend that you can summon when you really need that little something extra
- Gorgeous retro graphics and musics - Millennium features high production values in its genre, all for your enjoyment Best-Selling Games by Aldorlea
http://store.steampowered.com/app/370670 Aldorlea Useful Links
- Official Website (contains 100+ games including all 15+ Aldorlea Games released to date)
- Aldorlea Community (join it to receive help and info about the games)
- Aldorlea Facebook Page (become a member to get up-to-date news about us)
- Millennium Help Forum (tons of info to be found there for the aspiring adventurer)
- Official Website (contains 100+ games including all 15+ Aldorlea Games released to date)
SOLARIGHT is VR game that takes solving puzzles to the next level.
Solve the puzzle in a calm and peaceful environment, that sets the mood and offers much-needed focus to tricky puzzles.
Game mechanics is simple. You have to connect the solar power source to the 'Light Tree', but you must rotate the cube, move the tiles in a 15 slide jigsaw fashion and solve the puzzle in 3 dimensions.
As you progress through the levels, you'll come across different types of sliding tiles making the puzzles trickier to solve.
You will play this puzzle starting from simple 3x3 virtual cubes and move ahead with 4x4 and 5x5 and play complete 30 challenging levels.
So what are you waiting for? Join this zen-like puzzle solving experience in the world of virtual reality with SOLARIGHT!
P.S. Solaright = Solar + Light
33. Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends
Step into the shoes of Mary Gilbert - world renowned botanist and guardian of Fern Flower - to once again explore the mythical realm of Slavic fables. Travel to forgotten flying islands among the clouds to stop an evil sorcerer and gain the favor of a thunder god. Save your kidnapped brother and prevent a catastrophic flood caused by the conflict between humans and ancient Clouders.
When a seemingly uneventful visit to your brother turns into a hotbed of conflict between humans and Clouders it will be up to you - Mary Gilbert - famous botanist and guardian of Fern Flower - to once more enter the magical world of eastern European deities, ancient beliefs and mythical lands.
Accompanied by Aitvar, a house spirit, set off to the other end of the rainbow, where a flying city floats among the clouds and where your brother is being held captive by an evil sorcerer. Save him and together renew the ancient covenant between humans and Clouders. Will cleverness and resourcefulness be enough to overcome sinister Zmeys on the sorcerer's service and prove your worth to Perun, the god of thunder? Will you be able to save the earth before it gets flooded by the ocean?
- Defeat the evil sorcerer who threatens the entire Earth!
- Solve 40 puzzles hiding the history of ancient Clouders!
- Save your brother with the help of magical creatures!
- Visit the trophy room and collect cards with deities!
- Immerse yourself in enchanting flying islands in 30 locations!
34. DROD 4: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder
"Deadly Rooms of Death" (DROD) is a turn-based strategy and tactics puzzle game series. It is a 2D top-down puzzle adventure that focuses on pure gameplay mechanics, best described succinctly as "chess in a Zelda-like environment." The DROD series began over a decade ago and has enthralled thousands of players.
Swordplay and puzzles combine in this thinking man's dungeon crawl. It's simple to learn, with just a handful of commands to master. This game's rogue-like exterior belies clever puzzle design and unique play mechanics that provide amazing depth. Each room is a hand-crafted puzzle that you solve by clearing out all the monsters with your Really Big Sword without letting any reach and kill you. Monster types each have their own AI, with deterministic movement patterns. Puzzle elements and terrain types help and hinder you in solving each puzzle. You start by learning basic mechanics and fighting techniques, and then the difficulty steadily ramps up as each room you face presents a fresh challenge with a logical solution. This game features a novel play style, with story- and puzzle-driven voiced dialogue delivered inline with hardcore puzzle solving that involves a mix of strategy, tactics, lateral thinking and linchpins. As developers, our goal is to present you with a novel experience where game mechanics are paramount. DROD will give you that "just one more room" feeling.
This game is the entry-point title in the ongoing DROD franchise. "Gunthro" is designed as an beginner-level offering to the DROD world, with both new players and veterans in mind. The level layout is has multiple hub areas to explore as you progress. The game starts easy, has a smooth learning curve and an integrated online hints system. You should be pleased by the puzzle designs that went into this game, making for a delightful blend of fun and challenge. A level editor and enthusiastic player community make this a game you can relish for years.
Main game features
- Over 300 puzzle rooms across 25 levels, each organized around different combinations of puzzle elements.
- All-new enhanced version of the "Gunthro and the Epic Blunder" campaign!
- Over 25,000 usermade rooms available for download!
- Dozens of secret areas and optional extra challenge levels that lie in store for the more curious and adventuresome, uncovered in a variety of ways.
- Varied elements and monster types like rock golems, giant serpents, wraithwings, and evil eyes, each with a distinctive AI behavior and requiring different strategies and tactics to conquer.
- Hours of contextual music composed by synthpop artist Jon Sonnenberg of Travelogue.
- New and upgraded in-game artwork, including three all-new terrain styles, with real-time lighting and a range of environmental effects.
- Full-featured level/campaign editor, with custom scripting engine and modding capabilities
- Active and friendly player community
- Hi-score competition and hints system via our CaravelNet service
In this game, Beethro Budkin recounts an epic tale of adventure to his precocious nephews about his grandfather, Gunthro Budkin, and his exploits in the dangerous nation of Rasarus. Gunthro is a third-generation smitemaster and a rather ugly man. Smitemasters are hard-bitten, muscled veteran dungeon exterminators that slay hideous beasties in dark places for a living. You know Gunthro will get the job done, and you'll happily pay him to clear your basement of giant man-eating dungeon roaches.
When the Rasarun king is slain by an officer of Tueno, Gunthro is recruited by Rasarus to defend his country and reclaim its honor. However, as Gunthro searches deeper, he will find that things are not quite as they seem.
Experience the unique turn-based puzzle dungeon adventure of DROD!
- DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder
- DROD OST: Deadly Music of Death, Volumes 1 and 2
35. The Quest for Achievements II
The Quest for achievements 2 is the new installment on the popular pixel RPG achievement hunting Game where finding an achievement in game rewards you with a real life achievement. taking all aspects of the 1st and making it better, faster, more content, more combat, harder, and a hell of allot more bloody.
Its finally happened. The END of all steam achievements. they have been brought out into the real world, but by who?.
You are needed 1 last time to put an end to this once and forall. battle and survive your way through an massive open world filled with enemies, caves, weapons, and secrets with huge areas spanning from dense forest swamps and rich city areas. kill to level up, buy weapons to survive the harsh journey in order to face the person who has caused this. You will not believe who is on the other side. are you ready to save your Steam for 1 last time? are you ready for The quest for achievements 2?.
Some features include:
- A shop where you can now buy weapons and ammo
- More weapon types including ninja stars and bow and arrows.
- Improved combat
- More Interactive worlds
- More abilities
- More graphical settings like particle systems and effects to make the game pop
Its the ultimate achievement hunting game.
Trailer music: Copyright Free Music [RockMetal] This Aint The End Of Me - White Comic [Youtube: Monetizable Music]
36. Abandon Ship
Be the Captain. Survive on the Edge in a World with Consequences.
In Abandon Ship you take command of a ship and her crew, exploring a diverse, procedurally generated world, taking on quests and dealing with random events. Frequently, you will end up engaging other ships in combat, the player having to employ their best tactics in order to out-manoeuvre and out-gun the enemy.
The game focuses on “Age of Sail” ships in a Fantasy setting, framed in an Art Style inspired by classic Naval Oil Paintings.Ship Destruction is not the End.
Life in the world of Abandon Ship can be brutal. Death is permanent. But the game doesn’t end if your vessel is destroyed. You are the Captain, and as long as the Captain is alive, there is always hope. By escaping to a Lifeboat, or even being stranded, alone in the water, there is still a chance to survive and fight your way back to the top.Snatch Victory from the Jaws of Defeat.
Combat is tactical and savage. Each battle is hard-fought, always on the edge of defeat. Your only chance of overcoming the odds is to employ every advantage you can and utilise all the tools at your disposal.Reap What You Sow.
Explore a fantasy world that reacts to your actions. Quests may drastically change the environment. Make decisions that create friends or enemies that may later come back to help or hinder you.
37. Fated: The Silent Oath
Set in the mythical age of Vikings, FATED: The Silent Oath tells a tale of courage and sacrifice where an everyday father and husband must do the impossible to save his family from the destruction of the world at the hands of giants of old.
FATED is a first-person movie-length narrative-adventure game in virtual reality. This immersive game with stunning visuals showcases the best that VR has to offer, proposing a strong story-driven, narrative experience that focuses on emotion over gameplay.
• First-person virtual reality action-adventure game
• Highly polished visuals
• Fully immersive and emotional journey
• Enchanting and captivating musical atmosphere
• Strong story-driven, narrative experience
Categories in common with Fated: The Silent Oath: Adventure
38. Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work
Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work is the fourth entry in the Leisure Suit Larry series of graphical adventure games published by Sierra On-Line. It is the first title in the series to have 256-color graphics and a fully icon-based interface. The title of the game is misleading, as there is no Leisure Suit Larry 4. It was re-released in 2017 on Steam with Windows support.
Categories in common with Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work: Adventure
39. Love, Money, Rock'n'Roll
StoryNikolai, the son of two soviet engineers and a normal Japanese student, has no idea his world will soon be turned over. The familiar and dear will clash with the grim ghosts of the past in his soul. Now Nikolai will have to decide whom can he really trust and find out why those with power and money have taken an interest in him, the lives of average people insignificant to them.Heroines
Himitsu is Nikolai’s childhood friend. She is kind, caring, she always worries for him, sometimes even too annoyingly so. But is simple friendship really enough for her? Perhaps, the years of devotion earned her something more?
Catherine is Nikolai’s ex-girlfriend who left Japan about a year before the beginning of the game’s events. Their parting wasn’t the prettiest, and Nikolai still carries quite uncomfortable memories about it. Perhaps he would have forgotten them with time, but Catherine suddenly returns and, moreover, transfers into his class. Why did she return? Does she still love him? Does he still love her?
Ellie is the granddaughter of the board chairman of the school Nikolai goes to. She is a self-willed, proud girl and thinks highly of herself, but cannot be said to lack ardour. Is everything really as simple as it looks at the first glance, or is there more than meets the eye behind the image of a spoiled young lady?
Kagome is the representative of Nikolai’s class. He has never paid attention to her before, but a certain sequence of events makes them come to know each other. Kagome isn’t loved in the school, and she isn’t really burning with desire to become friends with anyone either. Is there a reason for her behaviour? What hides behind the facade of a simple unsociable girl? What secrets does she hide?Main features
- Four heroines, each with her own story and several possible endings
- Over 100 backgrounds and over 100 event CGs
- 3,5+ hours of music
- Unity3D as the game engine
- Over 300 000 words in the script
- Fully animated background and character sprites
- Multiplatform (including web- and mobile versions)
"Zee is lost in Samsara, a puzzling journey of beauty and confusion. Using mystical blocks and powerful portals you must help Zee awaken from Samsara.”
* Samsara is a mind-bending 2D puzzle game set over multiple dimensions, where the player manipulates different shape blocks to create a safe pathway for Zee.
* High quality addictive puzzle game with over 70 physics based puzzles.
* Levels are split across two dimensions. Each dimension reacts differently to the physics of the blocks allowing for complex and engaging levels.
41. Giana Sisters: Dream Runners
Race to the finish in Giana Sisters: Dream Runners, a fast-paced, head-to-head platformer for up to four players.
Run and jump, dash and smash, daze and teleport, morph and cannon… oh you get the idea: mess with your opponents!
The game pits up to four players (or AI opponents) against each other in local and online competition, speed-running for the finish in an effort to push each other off the screen with the help of boosters and power-ups.
Switch the level layout on the fly as you rush through dreamgates. Collect gems to fill your speed booster and use your power-ups to knock out the other players and claim victory!
- Competitive pick-up-and-play platforming game
- Supports a party of up to four simultaneous local & online players
- Be faster than your opponents, push them off the screen and win!
- Use your arsenal of boosters and power-ups to blast your opponents off track
- Nine levels to race, four characters to unlock
- Dual soundtrack: Chris Hülsbeck along with Swedish heavy metal legend Machinae Supremacy
42. Monster Rancher 2
Monster Rancher 2 (released 1999) is a PlayStation video game and the second North American and Japanese (where it is known as Monster Farm 2 (モンスターファーム２)) installment in the Monster Rancher series. In Europe (and other PAL locations) Monster Rancher 2 is the first release in the series and is thus named Monster Rancher.
Categories in common with Monster Rancher 2: Role Playing
43. Powermonger (1990)
Powermonger (or Power Monger) is a real-time strategy game developed by Bullfrog in 1990, derived from the Populous engine but presented using a 3-dimensional game map.
Categories in common with Powermonger (1990):
44. Blasters of the Universe
Blasters of the Universe is the first of its kind, bringing the bullet hell genre into first person VR. Build a bad-ass gun from thousands of combinations then get ready to duck and dodge your way through a shit-ton of bullets in this nostalgic – and nerve-wracking – VR Bullet Hell shooter for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
You'll need to physically duck, dodge, twist, and turn your way through hundreds of bullets. We scale the action dynamically to make use of the space you have available, so the more you move around the better!
Like in a traditional bullet hell game, the key to success is finding the 'sweet spot' to be in while the onslaught of bullets flies toward you. The only thing that can take damage in Blasters is your head. When you see a circle of bullets, often the best thing to do is to keep your head right in the middle and let the bullets breeze right by you.
You can also block bullets with your shield as a last resort, but it's impossible to block everything. Avoidance is the best strategy, so start moving around your play-space and dodge those bullets!
You will encounter a variety of enemies within Blasters that you need to dispatch. From fast moving ground enemies, to agile flying enemies, and deadly lumbering tanks. Each enemy will pose a different threat level to you, so you'll need to quickly identify what enemies are the most important to destroy first.
Blasters of the Universe features a 4 level Campaign for you to battle through, each ending with an epic boss battle. In each level, you'll battle new enemies, unlock new weapon parts and shields, and work your way towards glory. Each level also features an Endless Mode where you can fight for a high score on the leaderboards.
As you progress through the levels, you'll unlock new weapon parts to take into battle. You can build a custom weapon that suits your play style and the challenges you face. Want a super-fast firing hit-scan weapon that deals poison damage to enemies? No problem. What about a scatter-shot cannon that deals explosive damage and arcs shots towards nearby enemies? Can do. With tens of thousands of unique combinations to choose from, you have the ability to create a weapon that perfectly suits your style.
The Frame is the core of every gun. Each Frame in Blasters has a unique special ability that you can unleash to deal devastation to the enemies attacking you and help turn the tides during an intense battle.
These specials range from a bad-ass giant laser that melts anything it hits to a time-bubble that slows everything down and gives you the upper hand for dodging incoming bullets. Each special is unique and has different strengths that you can use to your advantage.
Constantly updating Challenge modes with unique gameplay ensure there is something new and exciting to play every day. Compete for the top score in Time Attack, Endless, and Speed-run challenges that push you to play in unique and difficult ways.
Categories in common with Blasters of the Universe: Action
In this golf-like game your task is to guide a little square shaped fairy, Midnight.
Use your mouse to launch Midnight, but watch out this world is full of danger.
Avoid the spikes, circular saws and other dangerous objects and complete all the 56 levels.
46. Spooky Heroes
Play as a knight who tries to unveil the mystery behind the spooky events occurring lately : Undead rising at night, hordes of goblins, orcs, tritons, elves, yetis and heretics suddenly becoming hostile, monstrous creatures blocking the path of travelers... Enroll new heroes on the way, each with their own powers and way to play. Earn money by slaying monsters, completing quests or finding treasure chests and spent it in villages to buy items which will help you on your journey. Be careful at night as foul horrors will rise and block your path. Ride boats and dragons, explore underwater caves and travel in more unique locations in this 2D casual platform game.
- 9 unique heroes with 3 basic powers, 1 ultimate power and 1 passive each.
- 19 unique stages and 5 villages to explore
- Dynamic day and night cycle
- Dynamic monsters spawn & traps
- Earn money by solving quests, killing enemies and boss or finding chests
- 22 enemies with their own powers and passives (18 of them being playable too)
- 13 boss with their unique powers and strategies
- 22 quests to solve split in 5 main categories : Hunt, Timed Collect, Slay & Collect, Race, Ambush
- 21 unique items to help you on your journey
- 3 unique vehicles to ride + 1 baby dragon !
- 2 players in local coop
- Keyboard keys customization (but controller is HIGHLY advised)
- Controller support (and HIGHLY advised)
- Survival mode with 2 sub modes :
- Cooperation where 2 players must survive as many waves as possible
- Competition mode where the second player can control any monsters on screen and must defeat the first player as soon as possible
- Cooperation where 2 players must survive as many waves as possible
- Each village offers 5 buildings :
- The smith to buy armors
- The item shop to buy item unique to each village
- The restaurant to buy food to heal yourself on your journey
- The bank to store your hard earned money
- The inn to sleep till night or morning
- The smith to buy armors
47. Night Forest
A long time ago was born the friendship between a cup of compote and a worm. They were the best friends and lived in The Grand Forest. But one night aliens arrived in The Forest and stolen our worm, and took him into one of their portals. It’s time to restore the balance in The Forest !
The game gonna put you face to face with lots of dangers on the way to save your friend. Saws, lasers, turtles and lots of other things gonna make you enraged and break down your monitor screen. You name yourself a 'true gamer' ? Then take a chance to play 'Night Forest' !
48. Legend of Himari
Legend of Himari is now on Windows!
Himari was ambushed! Help her hold out as long as possible, attack enemies, use magic to slay them, maintain Himari’s health level, so she could fight on, and also do not miss!
Chain up your combos to the maximum, so that your hits will become more powerful!Game features:♥ simple and exciting gameplay;
♥ online scoreboard;
♥ unlockable characters;
♥ terrifying bosses;
♥ gameplay that requires attention.Main game about Himari:http://store.steampowered.com/app/375520/Taimumari/
Highlands is a unique turn-based strategic experience where players choices and decision-making will determine whether they return to exile or march victoriously to crush their enemies.
Exiled from their homeland and faced against overwhelming odds of defeat, players in Highlands are tasked to build an army and retake what is rightfully theirs from a group of mysterious overlords and their mechanical army. These noble leaders will manage key aspects of their army and population including food, weapons, recruits and other resources to get stronger and advance in the game.
As they march on, they will unlock new territories and production areas where individual characters will be able to use their skills to strengthen their position. Choose wisely on which sectors to conquer and relinquish to the enemy in order to push new frontlines and find your way back to power.
• Breathtaking setting composed of hand-drawn environments instead of hex grids
• Turn-based strategy game with battles and resource management focused on decision-making
• Asymmetric gameplay
• Units are individual heroes with special traits, abilities and stories
• 4 Distinct character classes:
• Combatants: protect and attack sectors
• Mechanics: fortify (defend) sectors and craft items
• Leaders: organize the population to gather resources and recruit new heroes
• Academics: heal troops and help on various tasks
• Item crafting system
• Easy to learn, hard to master!
50. A Winter's Daydream
Nineteen-year-old Yuu can’t stand his younger sister, Otoko, and the feeling is mutual. It’s been almost a year since Yuu saw her last, having escaped his dreary home town to study in the bustling city, but with the advent of New Year’s he finds himself obliged to return to his family to celebrate.
Unfortunately, Yuu’s absence has not softened his younger sister, and Otoko is just as sullen and surly as ever before.
Finding the atmosphere at home unbearable, Yuu decides to escape once more — not to the city this time, but to his grandmother’s snowy, secluded village.
The reunion between grandson and grandmother starts normally at first… until one moonlit night, when the pair witness a star streaking through the sky.
The following morning, Yuu enters the kitchen, still half-asleep, to discover...
“Who are you? What are you doing in my grandmother’s house?”
...that his grandmother has transformed into a cute young girl!
What is the reason behind his grandmother’s drastic change? Will Yuu be able to restore her to her original self? And why is she so adorable?!
- Story by ebi-hime, author of Sweetest Monster, Blackberry Honey, and The Way We All Go
- Around 50,000 words of text (approx 3-4 hours of reading)
- Detailed background and character art
- A custom OST
- 1080p display
- A kinetic story with no choices or branches
- A very cute grandmother!!!