The best games like VVVVVV are:
- arrow_rightHotline Miami
- arrow_rightHotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
- arrow_rightThis is the Police
- arrow_rightThomas Was Alone
- arrow_rightPlague Inc: Evolved
- arrow_rightNot A Hero
100 Best Games Like VVVVVV:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (11)
- PlayStation 4 (21)
- iOS (22)
- Android (14)
- macOS (60)
- Linux (38)
- Nintendo Switch (11)
- Nintendo 3DS (7)
- Xbox 360 (7)
- PlayStation 3 (7)
- PlayStation 2 (3)
- PlayStation (1)
- PS Vita (8)
- PSP (1)
- Wii U (10)
- Wii (6)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- Game Boy (3)
- SNES (5)
- NES (11)
- Apple II (3)
- Commodore / Amiga (18)
- Atari 5200 (1)
- Atari 2600 (2)
- Atari 8-bit (2)
- Atari ST (4)
- Atari XEGS (1)
- Genesis (5)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Dreamcast (1)
1. Hotline Miami
Several chapters of top-down shooter action, Hotline Miami is a violent game, where the player takes control of the unnamed man, that receives orders to clear out stages from bandits and mobsters, using every weapon he can get. Over the course of the game, the player will be able to collect the masks that provide buffs and abilities. Fluid and tight combat includes various melee and ranged weapons, that can be used as intended or just thrown at the enemy. Once Jacket, dubbed so for his distinct letterman jacket by fans, arrives at the mission, players will have to clear out every floor from the enemies, using rooms and doors for cover or ambushes. As the story moves on, Jackets mental health will visibly deteriorate, and he will be shown to suffer from hallucinations, which is in tone with acid 80’s theme.
2. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong number is a sequel to Hotline Miami.
- There is a Cold war between the Soviet Union and the USA, which gradually turns into a hot war. In Hawaii, there are military operations. In the centre of the event, the squad "Ghost Wolves", which includes Dan Smith named "Beard", Jacket (the main character of the first part), and two soldiers. The United States, for this moment, are losing. The squad was ordered to capture the most dangerous Soviet zone.
As for the gameplay, a lot of details are borrowed from the first part, but unlike it, in the Wrong Number, there were levels of difficulty (classic and hard). The difficulty level unlocks after beating the game on classic difficulty. The difference is that all the levels are turned over, and contain more dangerous opponents.
The game has 13 playable characters. Each of them has their vision of the story, like Jacket and Biker in the original game. Masks from the first part appeared in the game again, and new masks that are giving new abilities were also added.
3. This is the Police
Jack Boyd - 60-year-old police chief of a small town Freeburg. He is informed that he will retire in 180 days. These 180 days are all that he has left to provide himself with a pension for the rest of his life. He needs to raise $ 500,000 for this. His family affairs are also not ideal. The wife went to another man, taking the children. On the other hand, the new prosecutor of his town, a young woman, demonstrates sympathy.
Mayor of Freeburg is exactly the one who wants to fire the hero, it was he who determined the terms of his dismissal.
In the city there are two mafia groups. And between them a war begins. The hero will have to understand his place in this game as well. For example, ignoring the call of the police, the hero can get money from the mafia.
The hero's day begins with sending policemen to the tasks. Policemen can be more or less professional, more or less rested, they have different experiences, and sometimes suffer from alcoholism or have other shortcomings. At the beginning of the game the situation is simple, then complicate. The game depends strategically on the ability to make the best use of police forces. If you can manage the situation in the city under control, there is a chance to survive to retirement and retire with the capital in your pocket.
4. Thomas Was Alone
The player controls one or, more often, several rectangles or squares of different colours and sizes. Each shape has a name, and individual character traits, including Thomas, mentioned in the title. The relationships between the characters are conveyed to the player by the voice-over.
"Thomas Was Alone" action takes place in a specific virtual space, in which some "Event" has caused the procedures of artificial intelligence with individuality and the ability to act without a specific control. Each entity is shown as a coloured rectangle. Rectangles can move to the left, right, and also know how to jump. Each of the characters has their unique abilities, in particular, large jumps or the ability to swim in the water (other rectangles die, being in it). When a player can control multiple characters, he can switch between them, controlling one aspect at a time.
The player's goal is to direct the shapes to the exit points tied explicitly to each shape so that they all occupy that exit at the same time. Most often it requires particular interaction between forms for better manoeuvrability.
5. Plague Inc: Evolved
Plague Inc: Evolved is a biological simulation/strategy game developed by Ndemic Creations.
In Plague Inc: Evolved the player controls a disease, that infects patient zero in a selected country. The player's goal is to infect and kill all the people perfecting the disease and adapting to different conditions.
Initially, more and more people get infected within a country, the disease goes through the borders, carried by animals, birds, insects, transits through blood or on public transport. Random and controlled infections are present in the game. Laboratory accidents could be categorized as random infections while spore activations, zombie dislocation, and trojan planes are controlled by the player.
For infecting and killing humans, the player gets DNA points which are spent buying upgrades for the disease. Disease mutation could also occur. Combo system is present in the game. For example, a combination of vomiting and coughing can mutate into gushing forth vomiting which drastically improves contagiousness.
Player created diseases have three aspects: infectiousness, severity, and lethality. The time for infecting the population is limited as humans may be able to produce a cure.
You play an Uplink Agent who makes a living by performing jobs for major corporations. Your tasks involve hacking into rival computer systems, stealing research data, sabotaging other companies, laundering money, erasing evidence, or framing innocent people.
You use the money you earn to upgrade your computer systems, and to buy new software and tools. As your experience level increases you find more dangerous and profitable missions become available. You can speculate on a fully working stock market (and even influence its outcome). You can modify peoples academic or criminal records. You can divert money from bank transfers into your own accounts. You can even take part in the construction of the most deadly computer virus ever designed.
Halfway is a turn-based strategy RPG taking place a few hundred years into the future. Humanity has begun to colonise new worlds and until now, they were alone…
In Halfway you take control of a small team of survivors faced with a violent invasion onboard the colonial vessel Goliath. As their leader you will guide them through the dark and cramped corridors of the ship to slowly take back control.
If you have any hope of surviving, you’ll have to fight, face your fears and outsmart the enemy!
- Tactical turn-based battles are at the core of Halfway. Use cover, position, equipment and skills to your advantage in your battles.
- Unique characters: Your team is formed of unique characters you pick up along the way. Each one of them brings their own story, skills and experiences to the journey.
- Find yourself in the middle of an engrossing story-line. Step by step you’ll uncover the mysterious events that took place and what it means for you and all of humanity.
- Immerse yourself in 10-14 hours of gameplay in a beautiful pixel art environment with a lovely atmospheric soundtrack by Gavin Harrison
- Modding: Map Editor and full Steam Workshop support for your own custom campaigns and missions
8. Not A Hero
Not A Hero is an indie cover-based 2D shooter game developed by Roll7.
A purple rabbit named BunnyLord uses time travel to become a mayor and save the world from the alien invasion. In order to prove to the people that he has to be elected, he hires freelance anti-heroes to get rid of the crime in the city.
Not A Hero features a unique pixelated style. At the beginning of each level, the player chooses one out of nine characters. Each character has their own traits and a set of unique gameplay changes. The players have a primary weapon that they can upgrade either temporarily or until the level is completed. Special weapons are also available, such as automatic turrets or exploding cats.
There is no jumping in the game, yet the player can slide. Sliding can be used to get into cover against the in-game objects or tackle enemies which makes them easier to kill. The characters can withstand several hits and the health is restored pretty fast.
The game features different objectives for each level, but every one of them is issued by BunnyLord.
Prismata—the gripping debut from Lunarch Studios—radically redefines the strategy genre by combining elements of real-time strategy, card games, and tabletop strategy games to create something entirely new and unique.
Competing against other humans or ruthlessly efficient AI, you'll plan devastating attacks through a series of quick-fire turns. Will you outwit your opponents by striking at the perfect moment? Or will you fall victim to a devious trap?Game Modes
- Campaign: an enthralling 40-mission story-based single player adventure
- Casual Match: play friendly games against other humans or one of 30 different AI personalities
- Combat Training: over 50 hand-crafted puzzles and scenarios dripping with fascinating strategy insights
- Ranked Play: get paired against opponents of similar skill and compete for a spot on the leaderboards
- Custom Games: play bots or friends with fully editable unit pools, time controls, handicaps, AI difficulty, and more
- Expert Challenge: ultra-difficult mission variants for players seeking extreme challenges
- Event Mode: heart-pounding blitz brawl tourneys and crazy mode-of-the-week events with prizes
The StoryHundreds of years in the future, humans have engineered a prosperous new civilization on the distant planet Beacon, where the sun never sets. Meanwhile, the planet's frigid dark side has been colonized by an enigmatic faction of intelligent machines that threaten humanity with conflict.
In these new cybernetic times, human soldiers are obsolete. Instead, warfare is conducted swiftly with massive armies of robots. The Swarmwielders—human commanders of these mechanical forces—are the defenders of society, training relentlessly for the day when the machines strike again. However, when their own robots start to mysteriously malfunction, the humans find themselves endangered by something much closer than the machines lurking beyond the fringe.
- State-of-the-art enemy AI created by Professor David Churchill, winner of the 2013 StarCraft AI competition
- A custom replay browser where you can watch, share, and analyze game replays
- New Prismata units added regularly, each with a unique role and purpose in combat
- 100+ Steam Achievements to unlock
- Real-time spectator mode: watch live matches featuring top players
- Absolutely zero pay-to-win—no card packs to open; all units are free for all players
- Over 500 customizable emotes and 250 awesome unit skins to collect
- No randomness! Your fate is determined by your skill alone
- Over 100 trillion unique gameplay scenarios, each with a different optimal strategy to discover
GameplayIn Prismata, you’ll collect resources, create workers and technologies, assemble an all-conquering army, and trade blows with your opponent until one of you is obliterated. Prismata blends elegant turn-based mechanics with the tactical decision-making elements that are at the heart of real-time strategy games.
Featuring simple and intuitive economic and combat systems, Prismata is incredibly easy to learn. However, no two Prismata matches are ever the same. Every game, players get a new pool of extra buildable units that must be used to their fullest potential. There are always new builds to plan and discover, and new threats to respond to. Each battle is fresh and unique.
Containing no pre-built decks, random advantages, or luck-of-the-draw moments, Prismata’s cat-and-mouse duels celebrate quick-fire tactics, deep thinking, and decisive strategy. Will you execute a perfectly-timed attack, or will you build up a monstrous economy and overpower your opponent with a massive army?Testimonials from supporters and Kickstarter backers:"Almost nothing comes close to achieving this level of polish, depth, and replayability."
- Kevin "qxc" Riley, retired StarCraft pro-gamer and game designer
"Full skill, full focus, no RNG. It is beautiful!"
- Adrian "Lifecoach" Koy, Hearthstone and Gwent professional
"It's so good. I wake up and I'm like 'Yes, I get to play this game again.' I love it."
- Frederick "Freddybabes" Bird, Gwent Challenger, Open, and Slam champion
"I'm over-the-top addicted. Best game I've ever played."
- Mike "Timex" McDonald, poker professional
"A game I have been looking for all my life."
"One of the most intricate, well-thought-out, and best games I have ever played... the first and only game of its unique genre."
"More worthwhile than any other game."
"Truly unique in its ability to refine RTS and card game themes down to the core strategic decisions without the RNG or APM."
"Finally, a card game that removes the ‘luck’ aspect."
"When I start Prismata, it feels like my inner child is opening a bottomless toy box that's always holding something new and exciting."
"I honestly feel like a genius after I play a good game."
"Prismata is very approachable, yet there's always more to learn."
"I'm a filthy casual and I love playing a quick competitive game."
"10/10 strategy game! Phenomenal concept, unlimited replay value."
"Why did I even bother with those other games."
"I feel fortunate to live in the age of Prismata—the best game I've ever played."
"No mortal has 400 real APM. That's why we play Prismata, and leave StarCraft to the demigods."
"If you ever thought you'd be great at StarCraft if only you had the APM, now you can prove it."
"After 3 years and 11,000 games, I'm still innovating new strategies, and I don't expect that to ever stop."
"Prismata is the best thing that ever happened to me."
"It's as good as they say."
10. Breath of Death VII
The game is a parody of classic RPGs which were popular among the players back in the day. Breath of Death VIII is a 2D adventure in the best traditions of role-playing games of the late 80's, early 90's from the American studio Zeboyd Games. The studio consists of only two people: Robert Boyd and William Stiernberg. The title is a reference to the number parts of Final Fantasy, in fact, the previous 6 of the Breath of Death parts do not exist.
The player follows the adventures of Dem the Skeleton Knight, Lita the Vampire Techie and Erik the Zombie Prince. Each can be customized using upgrades from the branching skill-tree.
The developers wanted to abandon the most annoying element in the classic RPGs - turn-based combat and endless random encounters. Therefore, the game uses a hybrid combo system that takes into account several important parameters: the character is chosen and how many moves have already been made. Also, the number of random enemy-encounters in one location is limited to a certain number.
11. Offspring Fling!
The side project turned game
A puzzle game from independent developer Kyle Pulver created on the FlashPunk engine. The game was released on Microsoft Window, Mac OS and Linux in the spring of 2012. The project began as a side-project for a developer from Arizona, which in the development process has become a full-fledged game. 100 puzzles are available for completion within the story campaign, and an additional 20 bonus levels that open after meeting all the conditions To do so the game requires the player a clear platforming skill from the player. The project is played with a sense of nostalgia: the gameplay and control are very similar to those used in the classic platformers from the 90's.
The Russian way
The protagonist is an unfortunate forest creature who accidentally lost all of his children and is now trying to get them all back. The game motivates players to replay it - after completing the level, the game creates a ghost version of the player. Critics noted the amount of work that Kyle Pulver did, noting that 15-20 years before the release of the game, would require a huge studio, and the game itself would appear on several covers of gaming media. But times have changed, and in 2012 the developer laid out the game on the Internet without much fuzz. The game, however, does not involve liberty in completion - for each puzzle, there is only one correct option.
OverviewIn the "Taiwu" Universe, besides playing as a "successor of Taiwu", you will live your life in many different ways: being kind, evil, or somewhere between. You can visit the sects and gangs around the world and learn the various martial art styles; you can choose to make sworn brothers or blood feud; you can establish a village of your own and run various businesses; or you can settle down with your love and enter parenthood. Eventually, you will face the greatest enemy of the "Taiwu" family and determine the fate of the entire world.The Unknown World (Jianghu)Each "Taiwu" world you create will be unique with the randomly generated maps, NPCs, and enemies. Every time you start the game, it will be a brand new adventure.You can learn thousands of martial art techniques from 15 different sects and gangs; you can also learn hundreds of traditional Chinese skills from the countless NPCs.The Combination of Diverse Game MechanicsBesides classic RPG, The Scroll of Taiwu has combined the elements of many different genres, such as the randomness from Roguelike games;
You can also find elements of business simulation games: constructing, resource gathering, expanding, managing, crafting, maintaining, etc.
Catch the most combative "Grand General" and have a battle of insects with the abbot of the Shaolin Temple!"Lifelike" NPCsThere are thousands of NPCs who have their own relationships and experiences; you can form any kind of relationships with them and even decide whether they live or die.
You will have children with your spouse.Coach your successor and teach him/her all your skills.Find your love from a past life.Detailed CraftingWith resource gathering, crafting, maintaining and Chinese alchemy, you can totally make any kind of weapons, armors, and elixirs with your own hands.Pick up an envenomed weapon, put up an envenomed cloth, and eat the envenomed antidote. Realistic BattlesThe original battle system will show you the design of "counter striking", "even a stick can be a sword", and "long weapons bring power; short weapons bring danger".Each time you attack, the damage will be applied to a different part of your opponent's body.With your martial art techniques, run your internal force and practice your skills and strategies.
13. Dead In Bermuda
DEAD IN BERMUDA is a survival management game with RPG and adventure elements, in which you lead a team of 8 survivors from a plane crash on a strange island. Assign your survivors to tasks, gain experience and develop your survival skills, research and craft new items for the camp, explore the island for resources and solve the mysteries behind an ancient atlantean prophecy.Key Features
- Manage the well-being of your team: they can die from Hunger, Fatigue, Sickness, Injury and Depression as well as lack of water.
- Relationships between characters evolve! They can argue, become friends and even lovers.
- Research & Craft to upgrade your camp.
- Deep RPG system running behind the scenes: the efficiency of every action is tied to character skill, opinions and the state of the character.
- Exploration: 100 map areas to discover, each with its own rewards… or traps!
- Randomized elements: the map, the items, the dialogs, the skills and traits of your characters changes every new game.
- Special encounters in the jungle with choose-you-own-adventure like elements.
- Easy to play, but hard to survive!
14. Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force
Long ago, a war raged between two powerful deities. Each was sealed away, and now fighters seek their hidden weapons. By chance, Fang is unwillingly embroiled in the battle, and now must choose which deity to awaken in this RPG!
1. In the three stories to play, friends become foes, foes become friends, and, based on your choices, multiple endings can be unlocked!
2. Customize weapons by fusing them with fairies and change dungeons stats through World-Shaping. Even transform with the “Fairize” skill and become stronger in battle!
3. With up to six party members on the battlefield at a time, you can play as all your favorite Fencers!
4. Play in Easy, Normal, or Hard mode and switch the difficulty to suit your play style!
Additional hardware required for Remote Play.
11GB minimum save size
1080p HD Video Output
Software subject to license (us.playstation.com/softwarelicense). Online activity subject to Terms of Services and User Agreement (www.playstationnetwork.com/terms-of-service). One-time license fee for play on account’s designated primary PS4™ system and other PS4™ systems when signed in with that account.
Fairy Fencer F is a trademark of IDEA FACTORY. Licensed to and published by Idea Factory International, Inc.
15. Blood of the Werewolf
Become Selena, loving mother, devoted wife and -- powerful werewolf. Take revenge on the monsters that have slain your husband and stolen your child, in this love letter to classic platformers. Seamlessly transform from human to werewolf in light of the moon, as you shoot, slash and smash your way to fight Frankenstein.
Intense Platforming Action, With All Your Favorite Iconic Monsters
"A Love Letter To The Action-Platform Genre. If you want an action-platform game with great gameplay, challenge and a story that is simple but enjoyable, Blood of the Werewolf is the game for you." "Selena responds with perfection to the button presses."
"This game propelled me back to those halcyon days when I started gaming, and games were extremely difficult yet ultimately all the more rewarding."
"Overall, Blood of the Werewolf is a great platformer. It provides a wonderful sense of atmosphere, the story is well written and well told, and the gameplay mechanics feel fantastic. You may destroy a keyboard or controller out of rage, but you’ll want to buy another to see this great game to the end. Fans of platformers, especially old-school platformers, should give this game a serious look."
"An excellent action-platformer that wonderfully combines challenging but fair gameplay with a colorful and vibrant art style. "
"Scientifically Proven has managed to create a piece worthy of its platforming predecessors, where gore blends with horror creating an atmosphere that will captivate you." Dying too often gets frustrating at times, but not that much as to make you want to ditch the game. The beautiful visuals along with the multitude of monsters will keep you company while journeying in an adventure like never before."
"Blood of the Werewolf is a beautiful platform game - A classic mold with a ...unique garment that will not make you regret your investment and still promises to steal many hours of your day." (translation)
"Beautiful, rhythmic, and well done"
Blood of the Werewolf takes players on a ruthless journey of revenge through 3 level filled game modes of white knuckle platforming action while taking on hordes of creatures and iconic monster-movie bosses; Creature, Hyde, Dracula, Mummy, Frankenstein. Selena has access to upgradeable weapons in human form and unlockable wolf powers when transformed. Additional modes like speed run and score rush will test your reflexes and memory, with online leaderboards to keep track of yourself, and friends.
Keep your wits about you, Blood of the Werewolf will test your limits and offer a challenge you haven't seen since the golden age of games.Features
- Experience a rich, in-depth Story Mode featuring 30+ creatures, 15 button-grinding levels to master and five heart-pounding boss arenas
- Score Rush mode offers the pro a whole new leaderboard driven experience as you compete for the highest score.
- Endless Challenge is a nightmare of procedurally generated levels and monsters that increase in difficulty. How far can you make it?
- Shift instantaneously between human and werewolf form when in view of a full moon
- Hardcore, classic platforming gameplay with a modern twist; pressure sensitive, full air controls for precision moves
- Unlock a bevy of achievements, pushing you to the limit of your abilities
- Upgrade weapons and wolf powers, for the edge you need against the monster onslaught
- Uncover hundreds of collectibles and hidden items to discover throughout the game
16. Devolver Bootleg
Devolver Bootleg contains eight original rip-offs of Devolver Digital games including:
Enter The Gun Dungeon
Imagine a dungeon crawler but instead of swords it’s guns. But also everything is made out of guns and bullets and stuff. Like, everything.
Brutal, fast-paced, stealth action and a whole lot of blood. From your garbage person apartment in historically interesting and relevant Milwaukee, pick up the phone, and answer the call--of murder. Follow instructions and follow the stairs deeper and deeper into the mysterious basement. Where does it go? Who are you?
Ape Out Jr.
Escape out of ape prison in this classic arcade-style platformer where you play as an orange gorilla who will kill everyone so he can to see his dad again. Grab unsuspecting guards to use as weapons and shields in this completely original idea set to an interpretive chiptune jazz drummer soundtrack. Please, Ape Out was my father’s name.
It’s the never-ending story of a young boy falling down a well, wearing a giant boot as if it was overalls, which also is a gun. Collect gems, squash and shoot the fauna, fall deeper into the infinite well, and wear some other equally large and ballistically designed shoes.
Super Absolver Mini: Turbo Fighting Championship
(2 Players Only)
A competitive fighting game where you play as your choice of one of four masked combat disciples. You choose two special moves. You fight two rounds. The winner is absolved of the obligation to ever have to fight again, but probably will anyway because the one true resolve of the flesh is a fist colliding with it.
It’s a cat inside of a suit of armor. It’s a cat...In full plate armor. What else do you want?
PikuBiku Ball Stars
(2 Players Only)
Everybody’s favorite red thing with legs is back and ready to sink some baskets with a friend. Nothing but net baby. Slam freakin’ dunk.
Hello, I am Rami Ismail, ½ of Dutch independent game development studio, Vlambeer. We made a version of Luftrausers that had a typo, and JW left the thumbdrive containing the source at a coffee shop somewhere while I was doing a talk in Berlin, then Nairobi, then in Los Angeles the following day. If you find the thumbdrive, can you please return it and please PLEASE do not share the contents with anyone or add it to a compilation of pirated, under-the-table ripoffs of games that Devolver has published.
17. Escape Goat 2
"The game’s flow from challenge to discovery is a masterwork for the genre ..." - Ars Technica
Escape Goat 2 is a puzzle platformer game where you use machinery, the environment, and a friendly mouse to progress through a dungeon.
Overview: None have overcome the Stronghold of Toragos... will you be the first goat to do so? Escape Goat 2 is the follow-up to the critically-acclaimed 2011 indie game, featuring more than double the content: larger rooms, HD graphics, dynamic lighting, and a host of devilish new traps.
Pick your path through the massive Stronghold, divided into ten unique zones. Worry not, brave Goat, for you have a friend on this mission: Your immortal mouse familiar can crawl to otherwise unreachable areas, to hit switches and distract enemies. Use your wits, reason, reflexes and courage to overcome each room, and save your friends from an eternal slumber...
- Over 100 rooms of puzzles, traps, and sheeply lore
- With destructible and movable walls, the rooms take on many forms as you manipulate hidden machinery to reach the exit
- Fully hand-drawn, hi-def art and animation, brought to life with a custom lighting engine
- Epic 90's Redbook Audio soundtrack, featuring guest track by Disasterpeace (composer, FEZ)
Listen to the soundtrack!
18. Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive
The Government has covered up the greatest secret of the 20th century.
Tex doesn't like secrets.
It's April 2043 and you- as Tex Murphy, the last of the old-style gumshoes- find yourself racing against time in the most dangerous game of your life. What is the truth behind the rumored UFO crash at Roswell, New Mexico? Why did the military suddenly shut down and seal off the Roswell complex? And why the frequent references to the lost Mayan civilization?The Pandora Directive features:
Unrestricted movement. The unique "Virtual World" engine allows you to slip under desks, rifle through drawers, and see the flies tanning in the light fixtures. Without the restrictions of rendered paths, you can explore Tex's three-dimensional world with full freedom of movement.
The most replayability of any interactive movie to date. Follow one of three narrative paths leading to seven different endings. Are you a hard-nosed but honest P.I. struggling to overcome the forces of greed and corruption? Or a cynical opportunist who may have to "sell out" principles top score the big payoff? Perhaps you'll fall somewhere in between. Your choices could reveal more about yourself than you'd really like to know.
Two levels of play. The first level offers a complete on-line hint system to help you through the tougher puzzles. The second level- for expert gamers- has no hints available but rewards players with higher bonus points, extra puzzles and locations.
Hollywood! Enjoy the difference Hollywood cinematography, acting, editing, stuntwork, music, and direction make as the world of Tex Murphy becomes amazingly real. Cinematography and direction by Hollywood editor/director Adrian Carr (Quigley Down Under, Man From Snowy River, Power Rangers). Cast stars Barry Corbin (Northern Exposure, War Games), Tanya Roberts (View To A Kill, Beastmaster), and Kevin McCarthy (Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, Just Cause). Original song by blues musician Richie Havens.
- The most interactive: Virtual World engine allows full freedom of movement. No rendered paths!
- Play it again! Story line follows three different routes leading to seven totally different endings!
- Mind bending: Intriguing mysteries and brainteasers that stretch the imagination.
- The most playability: Two levels of play- complete on-line help or master level with no help.
Will Tex and Chelsee finally get together... or is there a new woman in Tex's life? A secret has been buried for 3,000 years. What really happened on July 6, 1947, just outside Roswell, New Mexico? "It was no weather balloon..." This case may be too hot for even Tex to handle. Intriguing puzzles challenge your wits.
Categories in common with Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive: Adventure
19. Three Dead Zed
Three Dead Zed is an action/puzzle-platformer in which you take control of an experimental zombie that can transform into three unique and distinct forms. With quick reflexes, a little problem solving, and some rescued kittens, players make a violent exit that won't be forgotten by their captors. This is a zombie game that brings out your inner child, then chews on its brain.
- Lighthearted visuals and storyline infectiously brings a smile to your face
- Gamepad and keyboard support with custom keyboard rebinding
- Challenge Stages will test your skills after completing the main game
- Charming hand drawn characters, animations, and effects
- Achievements and trading cards
- Digital art book showing a sample of our creative process
- Cats In tinfoil hats
Note: Linux version does not contain Steam achievements at this time.
20. Mystery Mine
HistoryMbonga used to be just a simple worker in a small village far from civilisation. Once he meets an ancient Spirit who needs his help. The Spirit promises to protect Mbonga's village from the great evil, so Mbonga decides to come with him to the Underworld.GameplayOur goals are:
- to find the way to the Underworld,
- to help the Spirit and to save our village.
On his way the player will be fighting with mosters, overcoming dangerous obstacles, solving puzzles and learning the history of the world
21. Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic
„Listen! The end is nigh!! Hear my words and prepare! An ancient cult has set foot in our lands! They call themselves -The Sons of Dawn- and pray to some dark elder god. They have started recruiting people for their cause all over the country. I fear that they want to try to awaken something which should be left sleeping. Something dangerous and sinister! Something that might destroy us all. Spend your last of days wisely...“
Enter the world of PIXEL HEROES and prepare yourself for a thrilling RPG/Roguelike experience like you have never seen before!
Explore a randomized world full of hilarious events, deadly dungeons and the weirdest NPCs you will ever meet in a game!
Choose three heroes for your party and take them on a journey that will be completely different each time you start a new game. Bath in a pool of procedurally generated loot and defeat the evil forces that threaten the township of Pixton!
- 30 unique hero classes to unlock, each with individual skills and attributes.
- More procedurally generated axes, spears, maces, swords, shields, bows, crossbows, spells and prayers than a lama has hair on its body.
- 13 mystic and beautifully cruel dungeons to explore. With epic bossfights waiting!
- 3 campaigns to unlock, each with its own final dungeon and boss.
- Permadeath! You know you want it.
- A detailed graveyard where you can mourn your dead heroes, compare their statistics and see which of their choices led to their tragic death.
- Completely crazy NPCs, each one of them with a significant storyline that you can follow to unlock cool stuff!
- Tons of random events that you will encounter on your way, expecting you to make important choices. Will you yell at the cat like a crazy idiot?
- Many achievements and unlockables, try to get them all and become the most badass Pixel Heroes player in the world!
22. Mystik Belle
Being a student of mystical arts is hard work, doubly so if you are Belle MacFae - a freshman student at Hagmore School of Magic. The teachers and the staff are mean, her friends are few, and her grades suck. Worst of all – Belle has a tendency to be at exactly the wrong place at exactly the wrongest time. Like tonight, for example, when she stayed up late to practice her fire magic, but instead got framed for upsetting an ancient ritual. And what better way is there to punish an unlucky first-year student, than to charge her with an impossible task on the worst night of the year? Re-create the Walpurgisnacht Brew, or be expelled, and with all manner of spooks taking over the school, expulsion is starting to sound better by the minute.
Inspired by games like Slightly Magic, Puff in Dragonland, and the Dizzy series, Mystik Belle is a hybrid of a classic point-and-click adventure and a modern metroidvania.
While playing it you can expect to do some of the following:
- Get hopelessly lost in the massive school building and its surrounding areas.
- Find items and solve inventory puzzles. Or just clog up your pockets with useless junk.
- Interact with other inhabitants of Hagmore. Learn clues, help them out, ruin their day with angry flies.
- Fight through hallways infested by over 60 unique monster types.
- Defeat 8 bosses.
- Learn new magical and not-so-magical abilities.
- Ogle at retina-burningly colorful pixel art.
- Punch Cthulhu in the face.
- PLEASE be advised: Mystik Belle is NOT just a metroidvania - it's a true adventure game. You will not get far without having to solve inventory puzzles or talking to people.
- By default, the game contains some language not suitable for younger kids. A much more kid-friendly E-10 version of the dialogue is included, and can be selected from the options menu.
- OSx version of the game doesn't support the Steam features like the overlay, achievements and trading cards. I will look for a way to get this sorted out as soon as I can. You can still get the game's internal achievements which will transfer to your Steam achievements once this is fixed.
- I am temporarily unable to update the Mac version of the game due to changes to OSX and introduction of mandatory developer fees. I will resume Mac updates once I have the money to pay Apple their ransom.
- Linux version of the game appears to only reliably support the Xbox 360 controller. This is a known issue of all GameMaker Studio games. More information regarding it can be found here.
Begin your journey through a surreal world where nature, time and space intertwine.
Mysterious things happen in a ruined room. Doors inside that room lead to different worlds and beautiful landscapes.
Match blocks and overcome challenges in this addictive puzzle with rich visual effects that unfolds a narrative through breathtaking places including lush jungles and stormy seas.
11 original songs accompany you on this adventure, replete with violin, piano, harmonica, accordion and more.Key features
- Addictive tile-sliding gameplay
- 9 challenging obstacles such as stones, borders, drones, and portals
- 11 levels with different nature, physical environment, and weather conditions
- Unique art style and rich visual effects
- Award-winning original soundtrack involving live instruments
- A storyline full of natural disasters and total destruction
- Block-moving puzzles, that open the doors to new worlds
24. Gunmetal Arcadia Zero
Unrest brews in the city of Arcadia, and a monstrous enemy approaches. As the young elf Vireo, you will heed the call of adventure: choose a weapon, choose a side, and rise to be the hero your city needs. Gunmetal Arcadia Zero features classic platformer action and world-class CRT simulation technology that evokes the aesthetics of past generations.
From developer J. Kyle Pittman (Super Win the Game) and Minor Key Games (Slayer Shock) comes Gunmetal Arcadia Zero, an all-new action-adventure platformer drenched in glowing retro goodness.
- Use blades, bombs, and a bevy of subweapons
- Visit NPCs, buy and sell gear, and learn the lore of Arcadia
- Fight your way through six stages jam-packed with baddies and bosses
- Exquisite game feel — that's a thing!
- NEW!! Speedrun mode tracks splits and records best times
- World-class CRT simulation
- Fully customizable
- NEW!! Now with editable preset slots
- Fully customizable
- Authentic 8-bit soundtrack
- Over 40 minutes of original music
25. Angels of Death
This game is made by RPG Maker, so the engine's exclusive feature is available as shown below.
If you want to take a screenshot using Steam Overlay feature, please change the key to the key other than F12.
- F12: Reset the game
- Alt+Enter: Full screen / Window mode
"Please – kill me."
"If you help me get outta here, then I'll kill you."
Their strange promise formed a peculiar bond between the two of them.
What kind of hell have they found themselves in?
For what purpose are they imprisoned? What does fate have in store for them?
Facing imminent death, the two begin their escape from the sealed building!
From the creator of the famous horror game "Kirisame ga furu mori" (Forest of Drizzling Rain), comes "Angels of Death" which was released in the Den-fami Nico Game Magazine and is now available worldwide!
"Angels of Death" is a psycho horror adventure game, which consists of four episodes.
WARNING: Some material may be inappropriate for children.
The Japanese version was published as freeware, and the Steam version is to support the developers.
- Consisting of 4 episodes, each containing an entertaining and dark story - A storytelling style that is designed full of 2D game technology
- A psycho horror with a crazy serial killer
- A variety of missions, including "shooting" and "escape" themes.
- 4 games – each an episode in the story – released in one package
"Angels of Death" follows the psycho horror story of Ray and Zack as they attempt to escape the world they are in.
Where are they? What is going on? Without knowing the answer to so many questions, they have no choice to trust each other and push forwards for their own personal goals.
When Ray woke, she was in a concrete room with no memory.
After leaving the room, she explored the building, searching for an exit. But she eventually crossed paths with Zack, a large man with a scythe.
Fearing for her life, Ray managed to escape from Zack and rode an elevator up…
Ray and Zack step into floor B3 – a contemporary floor with dazzling white walls.
A bizarre woman’s howling cackle rang out from a speaker in the ceiling.
"Oh godless wretches. You shall writhe in agony until forgiven."
The insane prison guard makes an attempt to expose the weakness in Ray and Zack’s promise by putting them through a series of sadistic tortures.
Will they remain faithful to their promise as they fight for their lives?
Dragging an unconscious Zack, Ray finds herself on floor B2, which has the interior of a cathedral.
The sound of a pipe organ echoed around the floor, along with a curious, sweet fragrance which permeated the air. Strange writing emerged on the walls, demanding that Ray repent for her sins.
Despite all this, she kept pushing forwards, determined to keep her promise with Zack…
Soon after, Ray met a priest in the depths of the cathedral…
Ray and Zack arrive on B1 only to find themselves inside a house. Upon entering the bloodstained living room, Ray lost her mind.
"Please, Zack, hurry and kill me! Before you know too much!"
Confused by Ray’s outburst, Zack left the now fainted Ray to lie down. After hearing repeated knocking on the door, Zack left to explore the house.
While avoiding countless traps set in the strange house, Zack learnt more about Ray’s past.
But was he prepared for what awaited him at the end?
Could they keep their promise and escape from the building alive?
Official Site: https://gamemaga.denfaminicogamer.jp/satsuriku/en/
Traditional Chinese: 咲月漢化組
English: Ryan Stofer
26. The Mind of Marlo
"It's called Spontaneous Silly Head Syndrome and it affects fewer than 1 in 7 billion...."
Meet Marlo Davenport.
Marlo was born with a curious case of Spontaneous Silly Head Syndrome, a rare disorder which makes the individual suffer temporary transformations. How does Marlo cope with such a condition, and is there a cure?
Join Marlo in this one of a kind narrative driven, mockumentary style adventure game. Learn about Marlo's life through compelling monologues, solve fun puzzles to help him overcome his odd condition and figure out just what the heck is happening to him! Not everything is as it seems as you'll discover unravelling Marlo's strange story. What happened to Marlo's father? Who is this Linda he keeps talking about? Why does he keep changing into a slug?
Presented as a low res documentary with fully voice acted talking heads, The Mind of Marlo is best described as an absurd combination of TV show The Office and classic point and click adventure games of yore.
- A compelling narrative told in an interactive documentary style.
- Over 20 minutes of recorded dialogue
- Intuitive point and click puzzle gameplay
- Fairly nice music
- Square Nudity
- At least 3 good jokes
Categories in common with The Mind of Marlo: Adventure
27. Trench Run
Make friends, then blow them to bits!
Trench Run is a mayhem-filled, laugh a minute casual multiplayer action game brought to you by the makers of King Arthur’s Gold and Soldat.
Blow your enemies to bits in muddy trenches, then sip wine with them at the bar in the first multiplayer shooter with no death.
Listen to a relaxing feel-good gypsy jazz soundtrack as you watch your screaming enemies ride rockets and explode crashing into walls. Howl with laughter. Repeat.
Turn into a shrub. Have a dance off. Buy a pet crocodile.
See you at the bar!
- Unique team-based "Run" mode for 2-10 players
- Free-for-all Skirmish mode for 1-4 players (perfect for a fun evening with friends)
- 5 classes with special skills to choose from (Assault, Sniper, Demolitions, Commando and Medic)
- Semi-random destructible maps
- Down on the ground? Grab a medikit and continue fighting!
- Play basketball and meet new friends between rounds
- Spend coins on drinks and cigarettes from the VIP bar
- Buy customized costumes and pet animals
- Online and Local couch-based multiplayer available
- Designed to be easy to pick up and play, but deep enough to play seriously
28. Future Proof
A meteorite is about to hit the town of Greensvale and you don't have much time to find a way out!
You play as a teen-age boy named Sean who has the untapped ability to go back in time when he dies. Trapped in a time loop by the fiery death of a meteorite impact you must find a way to either escape or save the town from destruction.
You are not alone, however - with the help of several other stragglers in the town you will have to solve problems and find a way to help everyone, or yourself – you choose!
Be wary though, as nothing is as it seems in Greensvale and secrets are waiting to be discovered around every corner!
Get ready your red string and corkboard as you try to piece everything together.Features:
- A single-player 2D puzzle adventure game with both challenging and rewarding logic-based puzzles.
- The level of challenge you want to take on is up to you.
- Complete freedom to explore the town of Greensvale.
- Get what you want out if it - play-time is around 2 hours for main ending and may take 15+ hours if you want to try find all the endings.
- Replay value - 14 different endings. If you want to find just one or all of them is up to you.
- Collect items and clothing from around the town to help you solve puzzles and avoid dangers.
- Thought system to help you keep track of different clues you may find.
- Visually fresh and unique inspired by 90's cartoons and classic games like Earthbound.
KRUNCH is a quick-reflex game about escaping, survival and the fear of being closed-in where you play as one of six Krons (mechanical orb-like entities) trapped in a seemingly abandoned fortress. Escape more than 100 claustrophobic levels spread across 4 zones, survive 3 challenging boss chases, conquer one frantic race to freedom! KRUNCH demands concentration, delivers fast gameplay and will test fans of games such as Mega Man, Super Meat Boy and VVVVVV.
IN A NUTSHELL: Frantic gameplay, deviously challenging levels, spot-on difficulty curve, exhilarating boss chases, now with SELF-DESTRUCT!
- SUPERB SOUNDTRACK – Electronic, chiptune, metal masterpiece delivered by Disasterpeace, the incomparable composer behind Fez’s critically-acclaimed soundtrack and DirkRugged, Bruce Dickinson’s biggest fan.
- NATIVE CONTROLLER SUPPORT – Experience KRUNCH as it was always meant to be experienced: through the finely-crafted precision of your Xbox 360 Controller.
- SELF-DESTRUCT – Couldn't pull-off that impossible maneuver on the first try? Don't have the patience to wait for the walls to pulverize you? This is for you.
- CLOUD SAVE – Romp through KRUNCH no matter where you are, synchronize your saved games on all your Steam-enabled systems.
- LEADERBOARDS – Race to the top of the global leaderboards or challenge your friends for supremacy. Who will collect the most Krebs? Who will conquer KRUNCH the quickest?
- ACHIEVEMENTS – Conquer over 50 challenging achievements ranging from Quests of Speed to Tests of Patience to almost-impossible Feats of Skill.
30. Deep Ones
The main protagonist of this story suffers a crash on his submarine. The great red octopus is the reason of this, his will of destroying every traveler that he encounters may seem unbeatable, but Diver isn't exactly as simple as he looks. He is encouraged to walk along the bottom of the ocean, plunge into the depths of the darkest corners, to rip and tear through the thick plants of sea weed and fight with the most unknown creatures of the world that is beneath, just to get his submarine back in his command. On his path, he will witness many beautiful landscapes of the scenery and will acquire many trustworthy allies, all of which will also enrich his stories that will be worthy of telling about... That is, of course, if you'll be able to help him survive and triumph over the evil.
Compeling and philosophical stotyline
Unsual visual presentation of the game, inspired by the ZX Spectrum
Classic arcade gameplay
Diffirent genre entries, for example, "shoot 'em up" genre will make it's way into the game, at a certain point.
Peculiar soundtrack of calm, but rythmical synth sounds
31. Save Koch
You are local city Mafia Godfather, Jeffrey Koch, and your Empire is in total chaos because of some unidentified sleeper "mole." It’s time to act, but you need to be smart. Make use of your trusty goons, crooks and associates, each with unique skills and abilities, but trust no one. Uncover a conspiracy, find out who the challenger is, and get that mole!
In Save Koch you play a Mafia Godfather, who is basically trapped inside their own panic room. Danger-danger! Someone in the city wants to replace you, and there is a sleeper “mole” inside the Family, who is acting as we speak. Time is running out, you have just six days to solve the mystery, reveal who is standing behind this conspiracy, resolve the problem and send the challenger to feed the fish.
Each new game session of Save Koch is played in a completely different way. At the start, the game shuffles the NPC deck, which drives all game events, so your methods will be completely unique to that particular game session. It’s as if you were playing your favorite desktop game with a bunch of friends — you’ve just beat the game, but the fun is only just beginning!
Make strategic decisions, join unexpected alliances, hire detectives, bribe or even torture witnesses, if you have to; do everything to find the criminal mastermind challenging you. And also flush out that mole. And make sure you don’t become a victim. Each decision has its consequences: for the residents of the city of New Kandinski, for your thugs, the Family, and, even, for you. Life is at stake.
Oh, and yes—you are, quite literally, a pig. You have a snout and some stubble.
Key game features:
- Unique graphic style and atmosphere of the dark city of New Kandinski.
- Dive deep into the noir history of this city of sins.
- Carry out a full investigation, but remember, you only have six days and time is running out.
- There’s plenty of replay variety, the end of the game session is just the beginning. Save Koch is played in a completely different way in each new game session. All your actions affect the course of the game.
- All your decisions have consequences. All your crimes cannot be erased.
- Choose associates according to your strategy and your preferences, all characters have their own unique skills and abilities, each has its own approach to resolving the problem. But remember, the outcome of the whole game depends on making the right choice.
- All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - George Orwell, Animal Farm
Playable Gal 01- Finish the game with GAL.00 will Unlock GAL.01 "Shield GAL" as playable character!
- While unable to access other GAL power GAL.01 still can upgrade with Powerup Item! with her own set of powerup.
- Fight GAL.00 as Enemy!
To start as GAL.01, create a new profile and choose her from Character Select menu.
Note Story content will cut off from GAL.01 Mode.
About the GameMETAGAL is an 2D platformer action game.
You will take the shoes of "Meta" ,a cyborg girl, in her quest to rescue her Creator "Dr Ray" from the hands of "General Creeper", the evil leader of a rogue army!!
Also Metagal's sisters, were kidnapped by Creeper: he turned them in battle cyborgs, in order to use their powers to rule the world!! Meta must face her sisters, free them, and copy their abilities. She must fight for 8 stages of intense action, and prepare herself for the final confrontation against Creeper himself!
- Classic jump and shoot style platformer.
- 8 levels with unique environment,detailed design and different gimmick.
- 30 Enemies types not including Boss
- Defeat Gal No.# Boss and use their weapon.
- Collect secret items to power up your character.
- Soft death penalty with "Gear" system allows player to resolve their mistakes with less frustration.
- Controller and Keyboard customize support.
Note This game support only "XInput controllers" Like Xbox 360 Controller for Example
33. After The End: The Harvest
Humanity has all but disappeared from its original planet and home, with only its remnants remaining loosely scattered across the universe. Those who were not worthy did not graduate the cycle. By chance encounter with an intelligent being, you begin your journey to unravel the great mystery of the universe itself.
After The End: The Harvest is an expansive open-universe RPG with the classic look and feel of a classic action adventure game. Be prepared to spend dozens of hours in this game collecting items, capturing and training creatures, hunting for achievements, and exploring derelict planets.
- A unique & non-linear story-driven experience
- Combines open-world game elements and classic RPG aesthetics
- Action RPG Combat with Rune/Socketing system
- 100+ weapons,armors and spells
- Plenty of unique planets to discover, towns to explore and secrets to unearth
- Over 100 unique monsters to catch, train, and battle
- A plethora of side quests to explore
- Two Modes with varying difficulty levels (Story Mode, Adventure Mode)
- Two endings to discover
- New Game+
- Real-time spaceship combat
34. Viking's drakkars
Once upon a time in the North lived bold people - the Vikings.
They built strong boats, the Drakkars, and sailed on them very far from their native coasts, opening up new lands.
In breaks between campaigns Vikings arranged races on their drkkarahs on rough rivers, collecting chests with awards and bypassing logs-obstacles.
Feel yourself a Viking, play alone, developing attention, or with a friend on one computer.
1st player AD
2nd player arrows
35. Motte Island
A brother has to save his sister in what appears to be a plot by dark forces.
Motte Island is a horror-themed game with a top-down persepective making it a rarity in the genre. The storyline is well-thought out and exciting. Players will encounter different challenges depending on the path they choose.
Features that is available in the final release:
* More alternate attack
* More weapons
* Bigger maps with more challenges; the content in the demo might not match that of the full release.
* More enemies
* More tracks in the soundtracks/ambient sounds
* More varieties of puzzles
* Longer gameplay
36. [the Sequence]
[the Sequence] is a logic construction puzzler.
Let your mind be your guide: Lay down seven different kinds of modules as your roadblocks to get you (portrayed as a binary data point) to a sweet destination.
Apply an out-of-the-box thinking to get you to the next level! Every module is customizable in various ways; be free to create mind-blowing sequences that no one else could build.
[the Sequence] features
- Variety of different levels to beat
- Several kinds of modules
- Sandbox mode
- Stylish minimalistic graphics
- Futuristic sound
- Smooth ambient music
- Provides a great challenging experience for players
37. Star Trek: Starfleet Academy
There is a place in the galaxy where legends are born...Kirk, Chekov, Sulu. Before they were legends, they were cadets at the most celebrated training facility in the Universe -- Starfleet Academy!
Now it's your turn. Star Trek: Starfleet Academy includes over 25 missions designed to test your ingenuity, leadership and courage -- and determine if you have what it takes to graduate first in your class. Going where no simulator has gone before, you'll take on 30 of the universe's finest starships, from the cloaking Klingon Bird-of-Prey to the Romulan heavy cruiser. To succeed, you must pass all the simulated missions, from simple combat situations, to a recreation of Kirk's near-disastrous confrontation with Khan Noonien Singh, to the infamous Kobayashi Maru scenario. All the while, Captain Kirk (William Shatner), Commander Chekov (Walter Koenig) and Captain Sulu (featuring a special appearance by George Takei), will be there to provide instruction and inspiration!
Evilmorph – this is a platform game the main feature of which is a transformation into your enemies after killing them.
After slaying the foes you obtain their abilities which gives you one kind of power instead of another.
Will you be able to overcome all the obstacles of the grim labyrinth?
Will you face against the numerous enemies?
Will you have enough strength to defeat the invincible bosses?
To come to the end and find out something worrisome.
*** European Games Showcase 2018 ***
*** Indie Prize Finalist 2018 ***
*** Global Top Round Winner 2017 ***
*** Respawn Indie Showcase 2017 ***
Spitkiss is a colorful platformer that lets you enter into the lovely world of the Spitkissers, tiny creatures that communicate through body fluids and emojis.
You will have to lovespit your way through organs by jumping, trickling, bouncing and bullet timing. Surgical precision and reflexes will be required to see the outcome of Ymer's feelings !
The game’s scenario includes themes of polyamory and genderfluid/non-binary identities on two layers. One story takes place in the metanarrative of the Spitkissers, the other in the hand-drawn tale of Ymer, whose body is represented as the playground of this game.<3 Main Features <3
- 80 levels with replayability challenges
- A trippy love story told through comics and emojis.
- Organic progression and pee challenges.
- Intuitive and simple swipe-to-jump controls.
<3 Quotes <3
"This is a game that doesn’t just elevate the mobile platform with its balance between mechanics and narrative, but the videogame medium as well."
- Paste Magazine
"What’s really cool about Spitkiss is its one-thumb controls that allow you to fling your character’s spit around each level."
"The cute look, the ingenious gameplay and the ridiculously low price make Spitkiss a must-have!"
"I did play the game and I loved it!"
- Nifflas, Uurnog Uurnlimited
40. 8-Bit Adventures: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition
8-Bit Adventures: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition is a retro-styled JRPG with polish and personality, that focuses less on references (although there are plenty!) and more on telling a story...
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before.
A Warrior, a Thief, and a Mage go on a journey
to save the world by collecting three elemental treasures.
What’s that? You’ve heard it all before?
Tell me then…what happens next?
Join 3 unlikely heroes on a quest to save their world from a threat unlike any other!
- Classic Story with a Unique Twist!
- Vibrant, 8-Bit Inspired Graphics.
- Genuine NES-like Music with Retro Charm.
- Explore a vast world, packed with monsters, treasure, and more!
- Fly an Airship, Pilot a Snowcraft, or Travel by Whirlwind!
- Colour-based Element System adds an extra layer of Strategy to Battles.
- Discover Engaging Characters, and People with Personality.
- Enjoy an old school adventure!
Created by: Joshua Hallaran
Music by: Carfonu
Character Art by: Jerram Fahey
Promotional Artwork by: MingLuke
41. The Adventures of Fatman
To the Fat Mobile, let's go !!
You are the crime fighter for the city of Shadowlawn. Just when you're complaining about how dull things have been, a supervillain named Toxicman is created from a botched act of corporate sabotage. It is up to you, then, to tear yourself away from food long enough to save the city from certain destruction...
There is fun, laughs and even some heroic moments to be had in The Adventures of Fatman: Toxic Revenge! Now available at budget price for Steam collectors, the first commercial AGS game returns to your screens. This special edition includes extra easter eggs & an improved ending. Additional special features, trading cards & soundtrack are also included!
Yesterday's technology, today !!
+ Comedy adventure game suitable for all (some mild comic violence)
+ Parody point & click with a retro kick
+ Full English voice acting
+ Interesting locations to visit & fun characters to meet
+ Hand-drawn art & animations, original soundtrack
+ Designer commentary in-game
+ Easy mode (normal, hints & retries) or hard mode (no saves, no hints + sudden death)
The Adventures of Fatman: Toxic Revenge was originally released in 2003, the first videogame made with Adventure Game Studio to be sold commercially. This version is the 2007 re-release or "special edition" (mostly fixes and refinement of the original version).
We recommend players with modern operating systems to use Windowed mode (which can be set to large/HD sizes). If you have further trouble starting the game, please see this Troubleshooting Post on the Steam discussion board. We apologize for any inconvenience.
42. Grimm's Hollow
When Lavender woke up this morning, she wasn’t expecting to be surrounded by a crowd of over-excited, skull-masked strangers with cake and balloons. After all, it wasn’t her birthday; and this wasn’t her home.
She devises a plan to find her brother and escape from the outlandish townspeople of the Hollow - but is she prepared for the grave consequences?
Grimm’s Hollow is a video game inspired by a longing for a short and sweet RPG experience with memorable characters, some humour, and a minimal need for grinding. (Consequently, the developer decided to try and make that game.)
- A lot of comfort food.
- A lot of cute ghosts.
- A lot of mean ghosts.
- 3 haunted caves to explore!
- Multiple endings.
C-Wars is pixel action horror game with strategy, rogue-like flavor, and a 16-bit graphics which is retro enough to bring you back to 90's.
Start your story with different heroes from different factions. Unveil dark stories behind the infectious outbreak that turns people into mutated monsters.
Each playthrough has a main storyline and randomly generated missions. You'll need to fight off enemies, loot gears, supplies and manage soldiers to get a better chance of survival.
Combat will be tough and unforgiving. But you'll have many chances to better yourself. Getting beaten in battle won't instantly kill you. Instead, it increases the crisis value. The more time you spend on failure and wander around the closer you are to face the end.
44. Tesla Breaks the World!
You take on the role of Nikola Tesla: world's greatest inventor. No big burden right? When a snooping Thomas Edison accidentally damages your most recent invention, Tesla accidentally opens a quantum space tear. Oh dear. Now, you must set out across country, city and laboratory to confront your nemesis and fix this broken world! Blending classic 2D platforming with puzzle solving, unlockable inventions, 1800's era-Undead and randomly generating level design... and Tesla is in for a bit of challenge...
- Inventions + Science. Find new ways to beat puzzles as you progress. Magnifying transmitters, electric-powered hover platform thingies, remote controls, Tesla Coils and even... the deadly and legendary Peace-Ray!
- Pigeons. Yes, there are unlockable Pigeons to aid you on your adventure. Yes, you can name them.
- Efficiency. The less efficiently you are able to solve puzzles, the more likely zombies will spawn around you. Use your inventions wisely or expect things to get even more complicated...
- Randomization! RNG Or 'random number generation'. Get some re-playability from this platformer with levels randomly generating sectors, puzzles and environments as you play.
- Easy-Breezy or Nail-Biting Hard! Take advantage of unlocking levels & mid-level checkpoints or kick it up a challenge with Hard Mode, featuring: increased enemy spawn rates, no checkpoints and perma-death. Do you have it in you? Do you?
- Foot-Tapping Music. Some light-hearted and cheery European style tunes will help put your genius mind at ease. There you go!
- Homage. Giving the nod to science and art with tribute to the legendary minds of Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison (okay business mind), Eyvind Earle and more...
45. Please Love My Computer Game
You finally left home on August 9th, 2017. You hated that place, you hated how it made you feel... And yet you closed yourself off in that unfortunate abode. Leaving was the only rational choice, but maybe it wasn't the best one. Even once you leave, scars don't simply disappear. They say time heals all wounds, but the extent of how much that can heal may be limited. Especially when it keeps being picked and torn at, when you're expected to do something, something you hate. But it lingers over you, tortures you.
I hope you love this game, I mean that sincerely. Would you please love this computer game? In the game you explore a black and white house; you can just wander, and indeed may wander for some time without really knowing what to do. But I promise you that there is depth and hidden layers here. Sometimes we want to be loved, but not want to be seen. But how can one expect to truly be loved if one also won't share oneself? Loving anything else but the true person is like loving an apparition, it's just an image of a being rather than the being themselves.
It's a sort of cryptic house exploration game about discovery, road blocks, atmosphere, love, and creation. There are things to interact with, non-linear progression, and various tough obstacles. The game may close at times, but that's not the end. It's all pretty ambiguous and not really made to be played with a single person trying to figure out what to do, more with a group or a community. I give this heed as there's a very high chance you make get stuck in a rut without much of a clue how to get further. This is natural, the game is quite cryptic and there's layers of discovery of how to make progress.
To understand the depths of love is to understand the depths of being. This game includes puzzles and atmospheric elements. In many ways it's a game that can be solved, but doesn't want to be. You could consider that a puzzle game, but it's not really about the puzzles. They're more like a defense mechanism, a shell to break through. It only takes one person to change one's life, but for better insight we often need a viewpoint outside the ourselves that two people create. I doubt any one person will be able to beat this game alone, it might take some conjuncture and cooperation. But that maybe shouldn't be surprising... How can one truly understand love if one doesn't let others in? Different people and experiences help us understand different things, and it's in that fragile act of sharing that we can open ourselves to new discoveries.
The game is cryptic and creepy, but can you still love it? Can you explore the depths and still see its good qualities? Can you even find the depths? I guess in a word this game is about discovery. If you like to discover things, then you may like this game. There's a lot to discover, and a lot of it isn't obvious. But despite not being easy or simple, I hope you will still come to love this computer game. Through all of it's roughness and unfriendly design, you can love the tender core.
For if you can love it, then maybe....
46. My Ex-Boyfriend the Space Tyrant
What would this gay space hero be like? The answer is he's a charmer - gaymism.com
Smarter than it needs to be ... a light-hearted adventure - gaygamer.netIntroductionMy Ex-Boyfriend the Space Tyrant is a traditional point-and-click adventure but stands out for its gay cast and eye-catching visuals.
On the surface, the storyline is standard science fiction fare: you play as retired space captain Tycho Minogue, dragged back into active service in order to foil the nefarious plans of a powerful interplanetary tyrant who is taking his fleet from world to world, subjugating the free people of the galaxy. But there are twists! A tale of love, loss and adventure spread over three planets and several lightyears, My Ex-Boyfriend the Space Tyrant is the gayest game ever made.Some Key Features
- Full length gay themed point-and-click adventure game
- A superb blend of comedy, drama, romance and mystery
- Artwork by award winning artist Joe Phillips
- Over 70 scenes and 40 characters
- Source included
- Accessibility options for vision and hearing impaired players
I'd like to compliment you on the game, My Ex-boyfriend the Space Tyrant. I enjoyed the artwork, the tongue-in-cheekiness, and the sense of a campy space-adventure. It's nice to have a gay-centric game, especially since most games are heavily influenced to appeal to the straight guy-gamer. - Jason
It's a whole lot of fun, as a gay guy this is the game I've wanted to play all my life! - Brian
Categories in common with My Ex-Boyfriend the Space Tyrant: Adventure
47. Planet 2117
In far 2078 the era of colonization of other planets has begun. Little module drone R94, managed by pilot from intelligence ship, unsuccessfully landed on planet named 2117. And from that moment the hard path has begun. R94 need to find all modules to find a console and leave the planet. Every module is responsible for its function and without each you can't go on.
- evolving gameplay
- hardcore in the best traditions of the genre
- smooth animation and graphics
- well-conceived level design
- two endings
48. Black Home
Black Home, published by Aldorlea Games, is one of Warfare Studios' most refined games, featuring an enthralling dark tale and a creepy, well detailed atmosphere. It's also one of their most popular games along with Vagrant Hearts, Ashes of Immortality and Valiant.
Note: to toggle between screen modes, press ALT + ENTER.
The apparition of your loved one stands before you. The rain comes down so hard it stings, and the lightning flashes to illuminate the darkened windows of the decrepit monastary you stand before.
Inside this maze of ruins, is your loved one, lost, trapped, and alone. No one will come to your aid. No one will offer you any support, or weapons, or tools, save those you must find yourself.
Can you solve the mystery of the Monastery? Can you uncover the secrets contained within? Brave the unknown terrors inside, find hidden rooms and secret chambers, and unlock the mysterious past before the sun comes up, and you may get out alive! Best-selling Games by Aldorlea Available on Steam
- Girlfriend Rescue
- Vagrant Hearts
You were awaken from the cryogenic sleep and went to check out the other crews on the ship, but ended up in the staff room and the door suddenly locked.
When you try to re-create your key card to get out of the room, you found the log file and discovered the terribly truth. Your subordinate officers died. Since you get out of that room, things are getting worse and you'll have to use all of your skill to survive.About HEPH
- Third person survival horror game.
- Gathering resources; managing its capacity with the storage facilities.
- Craft useful items and gears with the crafting system.
- Customizing your weapons and armors to fight back the hostile and unfriendly situation.
- Use your own strategy to survive the game until the ship reaching its destination.
- Unlock an in-game achievements.
50. KYURINAGA'S REVENGE
Kyurinaga's Revenge is a 2D-based game with lots of platforming, action and puzzles. Battle alongside our two heroes: The samurai Kaoru Tamanegi and the street fighter Broccoli Joe all across the Feudal Japan in their new adventure!
You can switch between characters at any point but bear in mind that, even if you are a lone wolf, you'll still need to combine both heroes in order to overcome all the enemies and puzzles that Kyurinaga is going to throw at you. Or you can also partner up with a friend and bring the Shogunate down in our co-op mode.