The best games like Valfaris are:
- arrow_rightDusty Revenge:Co-Op Edition
- arrow_rightDead Cells
- arrow_rightTo the Moon
- arrow_rightRogue Legacy
- arrow_rightDust: An Elysian Tail
- arrow_rightOrcs Must Die! 2
- arrow_rightDishonored: Death of the Outsider
- arrow_rightThree Heroes
100 Best Games Like Valfaris:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (69)
- PlayStation 4 (82)
- iOS (56)
- Android (35)
- macOS (100)
- Linux (86)
- Nintendo Switch (65)
- Nintendo 3DS (7)
- Nintendo DS (3)
- Xbox 360 (31)
- Xbox (6)
- PlayStation 3 (36)
- PlayStation 2 (10)
- PlayStation (6)
- PS Vita (19)
- PSP (6)
- Wii U (17)
- Wii (16)
- GameCube (5)
- Game Boy Advance (10)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (4)
- SNES (13)
- NES (8)
- Classic Macintosh (12)
- Apple II (3)
- Commodore / Amiga (19)
- Atari 8-bit (2)
- Atari ST (9)
- Genesis (18)
- SEGA CD (4)
- SEGA 32X (2)
- SEGA Master System (3)
- 3DO (2)
- Jaguar (2)
- Game Gear (5)
- Neo Geo (1)
- Web (2)
1. Dusty Revenge:Co-Op Edition
Revenge will consume you, but redemption will push you to your breaking point.
Play as Dusty, a multi- weapon wielding warrior ready to face loads of outlawed criminals, dangerous creatures and the ruthless evil villain that rules them all. Meet friends along the way with new weapons and talents, journey through lavishly drawn environments and work together to fulfil your unquenchable thirst for vengeance. Players can call upon two support characters, Rondel the artillery support who tramples enemies with his massive rocket launchers, and McCoy the sharpshooter who takes down loads of enemies stealthily with his deadly accurate rifle.Features
- Stylistic 2D action combat blended with unique support character abilities and frantic platforming.
- Unique ally system. Take on large enemy clusters with your heavy arms specialist ally or take precision kills using your sharpshooter support as you brawl your way through countless minions.
- Featuring new local co-op mode with a new playable character, 'Kitsune'.
- Unlock new 'Boss Rush' mode and test your fighting prowess.
- Stunning visuals. Dusty Revenge Co-op Edition will immerse you with 10 beautiful hand drawn environments and 8 different boss fights.
- New Content. Dusty Revenge Co-op Edition polishes up with a new playable character, a new level, new enemies and new bosses.
What others say about Dusty Revenge:
“All in all, it feels like a condensed 2D Devil May Cry 3, which is a great thing, and shows that PDDesignStudio really has a knack for designing technical action.”
“All along the way, the art is stunning, breaking the boundaries of an indie studio and venturing into major release territory.”
Jay is Games
“The real juicy parts of the game take a little time to kick in (why isn’t the bear with the massive gun there from the beginning?!), but once they do you’ll realize this is much more than a simple sidescrolling punchfest.”
Mash Those Buttons
“It’s got a huge move set, simple attacks to learn, beautiful stages, great enemy and level design, and a fun, unique soundtrack. It does a lot of work to keep the game interesting and varied for its players, something very few brawlers manage to pull off effectively.”
2. Dead Cells
Dead Cells is a roguelike adventure title developed by Motion Twin.
Not much story is present in the game, as only bits of any information are given out to the players. The game takes place at a remote island, where the players take place of the Prisoner. The Prisoner does not speak, yet he can express confusion and frustration using his body language. The Prisoner is basically immortal, as, in case of death, his head disconnects itself from the Prisoner's body, and gets back to the game's starting area.
The game's heavily inspired by The Binding of Isaac, as stated by the developers.
Dead Cells features the procedurally generated environments that are typical for roguelike games, yet it puts a strong emphasis on exploration that is typically found in metroidvanias.
The players set out to explore the island where a prison was built. As the players come down into the dungeons of the island, they find various loot, fight dangerous creatures, collect armor, abilities, and power-ups. Upon death, the players lose all the loot they had on them. It is possible to find a shopkeep somewhere in the dungeons to purchase new equipment or have some rest.
The game uses death as a learning experience, as it randomizes the placement of enemies, so the players can't take multiple attempts to complete a level. The developers want the player to examine the enemy behavior and learn how to combat the enemies themselves.
3. To the Moon
Eva Rosalyn and Neil Watts give people a chance to live their lives "one more time" - they are operators of the machine capable of penetrating into the human consciousness and rewriting memory, fulfilling unrealised dreams in minds.
However, they do this only for those who are close to death, because such manipulation irreversibly cripples the body.
Their dying client now is old Johnny. First, doctors learn from his memory his past to find out why before his death he wants to fulfil such a strange desire - to go to the Moon.
Then there is a strong story about meetings and partings, about promises and losses. It ends well, but only in the patient's memories.
The gameplay consists of the study of small locations, the solution of simple puzzles and long, saturated dialogues. All this becomes fascinating thanks to the elaborated plot.
4. Rogue Legacy
The game begins in the castle, in which the heroes are "settled", there are also important things for the game, money and useful qualities. Much can be bought outside the castle.
You meet not only enemies but also other characters with whom interaction is possible. The smith can sell weapons and armour, and the gipsy can sell different magic things. A meeting with an architect can help with the exploration and reconstruction of the castle. The study of the castle promises useful finds. Among other spaces of the game are a forest, a dungeon and a tower.
At the disposal of the player, there is a book in which all the messages encountered during the game are collected. Messages inform us about what is there and what is happening.
The map is always generated anew and randomly, and the hero always dies at the end of the game, but all of his money is saved, and they can improve the character of the new game. The gameplay consists of searching and developing strengths and things, battling with opponents and finally - killing the main boss.
5. Dust: An Elysian Tail
Dust: an Elysian Tale is an action role-playing game with metroidvania elements set in an imaginary world called Falana. Dust, the main character, with his sentient sword called Blade of Ahrah and guardian Fidget explores the “2D” side-scrolled environments. According to the storyline, Dust wakes up in the forest meadow and finds himself unconscious. Then, after meeting the sentient sword and its keeper, Dust decides to find the keys to his past. Players are offered to assume the role of Dust on his way through the world. Dust can upgrade his characteristics (health, magic, strength, and defense) by spending gained experience points. The gameplay also features metroidvania mechanics, so players have to progress within the game and upgrade Dust’s skills in order to achieve special goals hidden throughout Falana. During Dust’s travel through levels players are able to contact with other characters to trade or to get side quests.
6. Orcs Must Die! 2
The game takes place a few days after the events of the first part of Orcs must die!. The Sorceress is trying to escape from the crowd. And suddenly, mysteriously, a massive split opens up next to her. She crosses the threshold and finds herself in the Dwarven Mines, right in front of a War Mage who now works at the mines. She enlists his help in the fight against the orcs. But the two discovered that more and more cracks are opening up in different places. They decide to enter the rift and return to the Dead World.
You play as the War Mage, the headstrong hero who charges into danger or play as the more strategic Sorceress who keeps The Mob at bay with mind-control and magic.
You have to defend new fortresses and mines of gnomes, as well as destroy tens of thousands of orcs and other monsters — at your disposal a variety of weapons, spells, guards, traps and amulets. You are given the opportunity to go through a new campaign with friends in a joint game - or fight for survival in endless mode!
7. Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider is an expansion of Dishonored 2 and a spin-off of the main Dishonored series.
The game is set in the alternate universe that goes through its steampunk phase. It takes place in the fictional Empire inspired by the XIX-century England. The plot picks up where Dishonored 2 left it. The game follows the adventures of the previous games' villains: Billie Lurk, the captain of a sailing ship, and Daud, the assassin and the leader of The Whalers gang. They search for Outsider, an extradimensional creature from the world known as the Void who can give people supernatural abilities, and are going to kill him. Their story is intertwined with the larger events in the Empire, such as the reinstallment of the Empress, the faction rivalry and the Void influence on the world. The plot is non-linear and features multiple endings.
The player controls Billie Lurk from the first person view. Like its predecessors, Death of the Outsider emphasizes stealth and surprise attacks. Billie wields a dagger and eventually receives superhuman powers, such as teleportation and disguise. The expansion allows the unusually free use of these abilities. The player doesn't have to unlock them, they become available early at the game, and the energy they require regenerates automatically over time. Besides the main plot, the player can also accept side quests.
Categories in common with Dishonored: Death of the Outsider: Action
8. Three Heroes
The homeland is being besieged by enemies on all sides, now it is up to three heroes to take up their sword, spear, and bow to cleanse the land of the evil invaders. Featuring exciting combat, polished graphics, and hilarious humor; Three Heroes is the action adventure game that has something for everyone.
At some point, everyone dreams of being a hero, well now they can be three. Choose your hero and smash, hack, and shoot your way through the Slavic homeland to cleanse it from the evils that plague your land.
Inspired by stories out of Slavic myth; Three Heroes features an engaging story, epic combat, and RPG character building.
-Three playable characters, each with their own weapons and unique abilities
-Switch between characters at any time during gameplay to use the right hero for the job.
-Make your heroes more heroic with new and upgradable weapons, armor, and abilities
-Battle against enemies out of Slavic myth
-A colorful cast of hilarious characters
-Beautifully rendered graphics
There’s not much time, enemies press in on all side, grab your weapon and become a Hero.
9. Orcs Must Die!
Orcs Must Die! is a tower-defense game where you, as the War Mage, need to protect the world from the hordes of evil creatures such as Orcs and Ogres. To complete your mission, you need to keep enemies out from magical Rifts that must not be destroyed. Every level features from four to twelve waves; each Orc that reaches your Rift damages it a little. Once the Rift Score is 0, you need to start the level over.
The title uses a third-person perspective that makes it look like a classic action game. To protect the Rift, you can not only use different traps and spells but also fight Orcs yourself. If you're killed, you'll respawn near your Rift for a certain score.
Each trap or spell costs the in-game currency you earn by defeating enemies. At the beginning of the level, you choose up to ten items for the battle. As a rule, all traps only work once and then need some time to recharge. Every item is upgradable; on higher levels, you can also get some boosts that will affect that level only.
The game is followed by Orcs Must Die! 2 that features a co-op mode, and Orcs Must Die! Unchained, a free-to-play follow-up.
10. SteamWorld Dig 2
In SteamWorld Dig 2, you step into the boots of Dorothy, a steambot once robbed of her dear friend – now driven by the hunger for answers.
Buckle up, grab your gear, and get ready to dig into the highly anticipated sequel to the original SteamWorld Dig!
SteamWorld Dig 2 takes you on a platform mining adventure forged in Metroidvania flames. When an old trading town is struck by mysterious earthquakes, it’s up to a lone steambot and her unlikely companion to uncover what trembling terrors lie beneath.
- Dig your way underground and explore vivid worlds riddled with treasure, secrets and traps.
- Combat dangerous enemies at every turn of the underworld’s twisted paths, including shadowy creatures and the haunted remains of an ancient electrical threat.
- Upgrade your gear to forge deeper into the earth and take on bigger challenges.
- Swing across large chasms with your Hookshot and fly through caves with the Jet Engine!
- And finally, learn the truth about your long lost friend…
11. Guacamelee! 2
Brawling has never been more beautiful! The long-awaited sequel to the smash hit action-platformer is here: Guacamelee! 2 brings luchador Juan Aguacate out of retirement for a stunning new Metroidvania-style adventure, where he must face his greatest challenge yet - one that threatens to tear apart the very fabric of the Mexiverse!
Explore a huge, hand-crafted world inspired by Mexican culture and folklore, filled with sassy new villains and weirdos (and a few old friends!). Learn a deep repertoire of bone-crunching wrestling moves to fend off the skeletal hordes and overcome skillful platforming challenges... and who said anything about a Chicken Illuminati? Certainly not us!
12. Volgarr the Viking
Volgarr the Viking is a 2D action-platformer inspired by classic platformers such as Ghosts ‘n Goblins and Rastan.
The game follows a Viking named Volgarr summoned by Odin to defeat an evil dragon. The gameplay shares many similarities with old-school side-scrollers.
The game consists of six main worlds and one secret level. Each of the world except the final one, divided into two part: an open area referred to as ‘level’ and a ‘temple’ with a boss on the end of it. On every stage, you have to go from the beginning to finish slaying monsters on your way and picking up treasures and power-ups. Volgarr has two weapons: throwing the spear and a sword. Throwing spear can be charged, and if it hits the wall, it serves as a platform that allows player achieve secret places. Additionally, Volgarr can pick up Mjolnir’s Blessing, a power-up that kills all non-boss enemies on the screen upon taking a hit. The hero has several different moves to fight the enemies and getting through platforming sequences such as jumping slash, crouching slash and down thrust.
The player can collect treasures scattered throughout the levels. Most of them only affect the player’s points. However, picking up particular Life Fires gives the player access to particular Valkyrie levels – alternate versions on game world with different layouts and more challenging enemies. The amount of Life Fires player collected affects the number of lives they have to beat Valkyrie level. Completing all of them in a single playthrough unlock a secret level Yggdrasill where Volgarr has to defeat the last boss in the game - Nidhogg.
13. Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is a side-scrolling platformer developed by DrinkBox Studios. The game serves as a prequel to another game by the studio, Tales From Space: About a Blob.
The game tells the story of the blob who is named Blob. Blob escapes from his own homeworld and ends up on Earth, where he begins consuming everything he finds while exploring the planet.
The players control Blob. At the beginning of the level, Blob is tiny, but when he eats something, he gets a bit bigger. This allows the players to grom Blob to enormous sizes by eating the loosely-placed items in the in-game world. The main objective of the player is to pass a specific obstacle located at every level of the game to complete it.
The players can use Blob's multiple mutant abilities. For example, he can transform into a rocket for a limited amount of time, stick to walls or even use telekinesis to manipulate the in-game items.
The game heavily relies on its advanced physics simulation system. The levels are highly interactive, so the question of how to approach a specific level is completely up to the player.
The 1950s heavily inspire the game's art style. Architecture, music, and even this era-specific humor can be found in the game. The game features a distinct animation style which can also be found in the old Batman or Spider-man TV shows.
14. The Culling Of The Cows
Addictive gameplay of tower defense genre is a simple selling point that carried a lot of games over the line of an impulsive purchase. Some people would buy the game for the design or the setting. Some will get the game to play with friends. But in the case of The Culling of the Cows, it’s the atmosphere and style of the game. Story-wise, players are taking the role of Sammy, unstable and schizophrenic farmer that thinks that only he is capable of stopping the epidemic that spreads over the farm and the city, with the prophetic obsession and validation from God.
The game is a short but challenging 2D tower defense game, where players will have to use several guns, and God spells in order to not let the infected cows and other monsters into his barn. The game consists of 40 levels accessed through the world map, that shows what kind of threats are waiting on the level and what kind of assists will be available to the player. For the players that want to get something else from the game after beating it, they can access the Cheat Console.
The world of Salt hangs on the brink of collapse. The citizens, once free spirits, now stand oppressed and isolated. But not all is lost, for out of this aether of fear arises a heroine, a ray of hope. Her name is Dandara.
Welcome to a unique 2D metroidvania platformer full of mystical creatures and boundless exploration. Defy gravity as you jump across floors, walls, and ceilings alike. Discover the mysteries and secrets hidden throughout the world of Salt and its diverse array of characters. Empower Dandara for combat and survival against enemies bent on oppression.
Awaken, Dandara, to bring freedom and balance to this directionless world.
• INNOVATIVE CONTROLS - Built natively for both touchscreen and gamepad input, movement and combat interact smoothly and seamlessly.
• BOUNDLESS EXPLORATION - Traverse across the esoteric world of Salt through fast and fluid jumps off any surface, unhindered by gravity, in lovingly crafted environments.
• CHALLENGING PROGRESSION - Use a combination of speed & skill, wits & reflexes, to solve puzzles, earn powerups, and access areas previously unreachable.
• BEAUTIFUL AND IMMERSIVE WORLD - A visual and auditory wonderland comes to life through gorgeous handcrafted pixel art and original soundtrack compositions.
16. Rain World
You are a slugcat. The world around you is full of danger, and you must face it – alone. Separated from your family in a devastating flood, you must hunt for food and shelter between terrifying torrential downpours that threaten to drown all life. Climb through the ruins of an ancient civilization, evade the jaws of vicious predators, and discover new lands teeming with strange creatures and buried mysteries. Find your family before death finds you!
Inspired by the simplicity and aesthetics of 16-bit classics, this survival platformer requires fast-paced sneaking, both upon your own prey and past the jaws of hungry predators. Each ravenous foe in your path will be cunning, vicious and always on the hunt – eager to sink their teeth into you, or even each other. As a small, soft slugcat you must to rely on stealth and wit rather than force: learn the ecosystem and turn their strengths to your advantage. Maybe then you can survive… Rain World!
- Sneak, climb, and pounce your way through a dynamic, ever-changing ecosystem of predators and prey
- Explore a vast world of over 1600 rooms, spanning 12 diverse regions filled with ancient secrets and undiscovered dangers
- Nimble movements and procedurally generated animation gives slugcat a natural fluidity of movement and unique sense of weight
- Intense, primal predator encounters will challenge your reflexes
- Limited resources and the constant, impending threat of rain will test your nerve
17. Song of the Deep
Song of the Deep is a metroidvania-style action-adventure game following a girl’s quest into the unknown to find her missing father. Combining discovery, skill, and suspense with an unforgettable narrative, this underwater journey will challenge players to explore, experiment, and skillfully navigate a vast ocean landscape.
Song of the Deep delivers unique gameplay in a tale of love, heartbreak, and triumph. Explore a fantastic non-linear interactive underwater world filled with more than 200 treasures to collect. Equip your submarine with 30 upgrades and 15-plus abilities to access new areas of the sea, and combine those abilities in surprising ways -- like catching a torpedo with your claw arm mechanism. Outwit, outmaneuver and battle creatures along the way, from lantern jellies to giant bosses like The Watcher.
Merryn waits all night for her father to return from his fishing voyage. He never does. After a vivid dream showing her father trapped under the sea, Merryn is determined to save him. This unlikely heroine builds a small submarine from spare parts and sets off to rescue him. Along the way, she’ll make friends, discover lost civilizations and ruins, and upgrade her submarine to explore even deeper. The terrain and monsters of the deep are daunting, but Merryn’s courage, intelligence, and love for her father will help her overcome adversity.
18. Ys I & II Chronicles+
Long, long ago, there was an ancient kingdom called Ys which prospered under the auspices of two heavenly Goddesses. Over time, the kingdom came to be known as Esteria, and its divine history was largely forgotten by all but the descendants of those who once preached the Goddesses’ will. The only reminder of this lost lore was a cursed spire at the foot of a giant crater, which locals came to regard as “The Devil’s Tower.”
Eventually, the men and women who called Esteria their home began mining a uniquely radiant silver from the nearby mountains, and development boomed. Towns were built, and the land became rich with life.
Then, all at once, monsters began to appear. Only a few at first – but soon enough, the land was swarming with them, and the Esterians had no choice but to hide in fear, remaining ever vigilant just to stay alive.
Our story begins with a young man who’d heard rumors of these misfortunes, and strove to verify them with his own eyes; a brave swordsman with an adventurous spirit bolstered by his own youthful naiveté.
His name was Adol Christin.
With no regard for his own safety, Adol set sail toward Esteria through a heretofore impassable barrier of neverending storms. There, he was destined to become ensconced within a 700 year-old mystery that would ultimately take him to a long-lost land nestled amongst the clouds...
Ys I & II Chronicles+ is the most modernized and up-to-date remake of Falcom’s classic franchise-spawning action RPGs from 1987 and 1988. Come see how the story began, and witness the birth of a legend!Key Features
- Classic buttonless “bump” combat receives a full analog-enabled upgrade for gamepad users, and is augmented in Ys II by a robust magic system.
- Soundtrack selectable from among the original 80s FM-synth, an early 2000s MIDI-style remix or a modern studio performance by Falcom’s in-house rock band.
- Character art selectable from 90s-style portraits or more modern anime designs.
- Four selectable difficulty levels and optional boss rush mode grant players a true old-school challenge (if desired).
- Transform into a demon to speak with any and every standard enemy in the game, creating unparalleled depth that still impresses even to this day. (Ys II only)
- Unique Steam Achievements plus Steam Cloud support and leaderboards.
- Adjustable high-resolution PC graphics with a smooth, consistent framerate.
- Greater viewing area than in previously-available Ys I & II Chronicles editions.
- Decorative screen frames available from the earlier Japan-only Ys I & II Complete PC release, in addition to the more modernized full-screen viewport of previous Ys I & II Chronicles editions.
19. A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda
You are Ares, the first Zytron immune robot. A symbol of how far human technology has come, you are the most advanced robot in existence; built to run faster, jump higher, and fire quicker. In addition to these core attributes, your design includes a system for converting spare parts and resources into valuable items, armor, and weaponry. You will need to use everything at your disposal in order to reach and rescue the survivors aboard the Zytron infected space station.
- Play through various locations in the A.R.E.S. universe, each a beautiful, unique, 3D environment with challenging obstacles.
- You are the ultimate weapon with the ultimate sidekick – Collect the secret items and get power up to become a perfect weapon.
- Come face to face with colossal opponents, learn their patterns to defeat them in battle.
- Destroy enemies, collect their parts, and then recycle them to make incredible items, including health packs, ammo, and weapon upgrades.
20. bit Dungeon II
bit Dungeon II is fast action-adventure game with a giant overworld to explore.
You are a spirit in an undead world of demons. Your "loved one's " grave has been desecrated. Fight through these corrupted lands, and bring peace to her soul.
The dungeons are randomly placed in the overworld, changing your experience each play through.
- Permadeath You get one soul, and only once chance to retrieve it when you die.
- Steam Play Support.
- Each weapon type has a unique power attack including ranged, and magic weapons.
- Level up based on which weapon you use.
- Randomly generated items.
- Giant difficult dungeon bosses.
- Enemies with disgusting faces.
- Original Chip Bit music by Stress_tn.
- Controller Support.
- Once you beat the game it starts over, play forever, become stronger then... a god.
21. Flashback (2013)
20 years after the original game’s launch, Conrad is enlisted back to active service for the triumphant return of one of the most acclaimed franchises in gaming history.
It’s not a reboot. It’s Flashback re-imagined. The original Core-Team revamped their own creation, leveraging the best of today’s technology while remaining true to the classic side-scroller that set the standards of the genre in the 90’s.Key Features
One of the best adventure-action games ever created re-imagined by its creators. It’s the same team. It’s the same passion. Only this time, they have had much more firepower at their disposal to recreate the legendary classic!
Gorgeous graphics, amazing animations. It’s the Flashback you’ve always dreamed of. True to the original spirit but made a million times better by using modern engines such as Unreal and Havok. The makeover is completely stunning.
It’s all about Gameplay. The team modernized gameplay mechanics, making the game more reactive, offering new features, like gadgets and an experience progression system. But the developers kept the original formula in mind: a fine balance between rolling and shooting, exploring remote space stations and obliterating hostile alien planets.
Bringing back new memories. The story was revamped to speak to 21st century gamers. Most of the cast of the original game is still here – Conrad, the Morphs – but you can expect new characters and a few twists you’re definitely not going to forget… this time.
If you like roguelikes or Mega Man, 20XX is for you!
20XX is a roguelike action platformer that you can play with a friend. Jump and shoot your way through ever-changing levels, collect awesome new powers, and battle mighty bosses in the name of saving the human race maybe!
20XX also features full co-op. Play with a friend on the couch or over the interwebs!
20XX supports 1-2 players locally or online via Steam. (Online play is 90% stable at this time.)
Crisp, precise controls - do exactly what you want your character to!
Over 100 mighty powerups to collect!
Tons of different play modes and optional difficulty modifiers!
Seeded Daily and Weekly Challenges!
All gameplay features available in both single player and co-op! (online or local)
Random levels: each time you play 20XX, the stages you play through will be brand new!
Permanent death: each 20XX playthrough is a self-contained life! Death sends you back to HQ, where you can buy powerful upgrades for future runs. (There's also a Reverent Mode where you get three lives to make it through the game instead of one.)
Persistent Upgrades: as you play 20XX, you'll earn Soul Chips, which unlock powerful Permanent Upgrades and expand the pool of items that can you can find as you play!
Play a classic Shoot 'Em Up... in reverse! Navigate deadly enemy waves and un-fire attacks in Retro/Grade, a mind-bending rhythm game by 24 Caret Games. Pick up a gamepad or a guitar controller and help Rick Rocket restore the continuity of space-time, before a temporal anomaly rips the universe a new time-hole!Key Features
- Play with a gamepad, keyboard, or a guitar controller, and control the flow of time with the Retro/Rocket to undo your mistakes.
- 10 dazzling worlds with unique enemies, epic boss fights, and amazing effects.
- A campaign with 6 difficulties, 130 different challenges, over 50 minutes of original music, and dozens of unlockable ships and rewards.
You are Roy Becket, a young pilot with dreams of becoming as skilled as his adoptive father. When a galactic war with an ancient mechanical alien race reaches its boiling point, Roy is forced to spring into action and take control of an otherworldly bipedal war machine in hopes of saving what's left of humanity.
Joining Roy is a young girl who claims to have escaped the clutches of the nefarious aliens. Forever altered through horrible experimentation, she now possesses the very abilities humanity will need to push back the doomsday clock.
Together, they must battle an unrelenting army alone and reunite their shattered family.
The End of All Things is in sight. At the edge of eradication stands Astebreed.Arcade Shooter EvolvedAstebreed takes the classic arcade shooter and breathes new life into it. Using lovingly crafted 3D models, cutting edge particle effects, and tried-and-true Japanese mecha designs, Astebreed delivers an unparalleled atmosphere of beautiful destruction.A Full ArsenalRoy has a considerable arsenal to combat his foes, as well. Armed with the mysterious Lucis device, Roy's mech can shoot from a distance, paint targets for precision homing attacks, and even get close for a killing blow with a powerful blade attack. No enemy shall escape your wrath, no matter where they hide.Dynamically Changing PerspectiveYour enemies are not always ahead of you. Your enemies swarm, fly and intercept, and Astebreed's dynamic perspective always keeps the action in view. Seamlessly switching between vertical, horizontal, and 3D shooter, Astebreed will keep you guessing what your next threat will be, without ever interrupting the action.
25. Tesla vs Lovecraft
Tesla vs Lovecraft is an intense top-down twin stick arena shooter from the creators of Crimsonland and Neon Chrome. Play as the enigmatic inventor Nikola Tesla harnessing the static energy to power up Tesla-Mech and give the lovecraftian nightmares a lesson in horror!
You are Nikola Tesla, world-famous inventor and genius extraordinaire. At the eve of your greatest invention, your laboratory is burned down by the horror author H.P. Lovecraft, who claims that your actions have put the world in peril. With the help of his occult book, and a vast army of monsters, he has stolen your most precious inventions!
Tesla-Mech, an immensely powerful machine of war at your disposal. Mow down your opponents with twin-mounted Tesla-Miniguns, and trample over monsters like they were ants.
Quantum Teleportation, packed neatly into one handy portable backpack. (Includes a warning label about Theseus-paradox, whatever that is)
If nightmares had nightmares, this is what they’d look like. Monsters so horrible they’ll make you eat up your own sanity!
Save the world with a plethora of inventions and gadgets, including (but not limited to) X-Ray Blade and Death Ray Gun.
26. The Mummy Demastered
A powerful ancient evil has arisen, and the war to save humanity has begun! The Mummy Demastered throws you into a 16-bit-inspired battle against the undead in a 2D, nonlinear, action-packed adventure. As an elite agent in the monster-hunting Prodigium organization, you must use a variety of weapons, upgrades, and mysterious artifacts to defend mankind against the supernatural hordes of Princess Ahmanet. Your Prodigium unit is already on the scene, but HQ lost contact with them hours ago. Only by exploring tombs, forests, abandoned tunnels, and the cursed streets of London will you discover the fate of your allies. But beware - Ahmanet commands legions of undead, insects, plague-ridden vermin, and worse! If you're not careful, you'll be the next soul in her army.
- Stunning retro-inspired graphics and atmospheric chiptune soundtrack
- Shoot-'em-up action meets exploration-based adventuring
- Fight for survival against swams of horrifying enemies and bosses
- Obliterate monsters with an arsenal of weapons including grenades, a flamethrower and more
- Uncover and collect 50 hidden relics
Your avatar is a brave warrior who has fallen in battle. But instead of well-deserved peace in Asgard, his soul is trapped in the harsh world of Niffelheim. Survive in this hostile world, ransack the neighbor lands, explore dangerous dungeons and find your way to Valhalla
Survive in the Underworld
Warriors remain warriors even after death. Set out on the path to the last challenge and prove yourself to the Gods. In life you were never frightened by the cold, darkness and death, and you won't fear now. make sure you have enough provision, defend yourself and unravel the mysteries of these lands.
Do not be forgotten
Crush anyone who dares to attack your lands. Each fallen enemy brings you closer to Asgard! Bones, teeth, fur - use all that you scavenge to craft weapons and armor. Build a fortress that will protect you from enemies and help you to destroy the attackers. The Death Priests will issue ultimatums. Will you bend to their will, or reject their orders and accept the battle against their dead minions?
Find a way out
Collect all the pieces of the portal to Asgard. But be careful - they are fiercely guarded by mighty giants, deadly spiders and hordes of undead.
Brew potions from mushrooms and slain beasts to become stronger. Cook the best dishes to feed all your friends. Prepare poison that will kill the most powerful troll.
Explore ancient caves
Reach the very heart of the world to find powerful artefacts that will help you win the final battle. Discover what lies hidden in the darkness.
28. Candle: The Power of the Flame
Candle is an adventure with challenging puzzles. Play as Teku, a young novice on a dangerous journey to rescue his tribe's shaman from the evil tribe of the Wakcha. But the way is littered with sinister traps and difficult obstacles. To master these challenges, you need to have keen eyes and a good sense for your environment, or your next step may be your last.
But Teku has a special gift: his left hand is a candle. Let it be a bright beacon to drive off your enemies or to shed light on dark places.
Gorgeous hand-painted watercolor visuals give Candle that special flair, as all backgrounds and characters have been carefully drawn and then scanned, picture after picture. The game consistently feels like a living painting.
29. Aegis Defenders
HUMANITY HAS BEEN BROUGHT BACK INTO THE DARK AGES, BUT REMNANTS OF A ONCE HIGHLY ADVANCED CIVILIZATION STILL EXIST.
In a world where control over ancient technologies means power, a ruthless Empire has arisen. You play as a team of Ruinhunters searching for the one thing that can save their village - a legendary weapon known as Aegis.
Explore, build, & defend in this 2D platformer that blends Metroidvania style combat with Tower Defense strategy.
- Discover the world of Elam, a beautiful yet dangerous place lost to time. Brimming with dangerous beasts, forgotten ruins, and powerful relics, Elam is brought to life with uniquely handpainted pixel art style.
- Level up your items and weapons in the shop to take in bigger and badder enemies.
- Adjust your strategy on the fly with the "Fusion Build" system. Try fusing different combinations of items together to change your defensive setup.
- Fight off enemies from all sides - but you won't have to do it alone. With Dynamic Character Swapping you'll need to switch between multiple characters on the battlefield, position your characters carefully, and utilize their passive abilities effectively to survive.
- Various Tower Defense Scenarios - Defending one point can be hard enough but that's just the beginning. As the game progresses, you'll need to defend moving targets, targets that have dynamic abilities like activating doors/weapons, and even targets that don't want to be protected...
- Play through the game in either single-player or split-screen coop.
- Build blocks, turrets, and traps to defend an area from hordes of enemies in our Tower-Defense inspired combat.
- Learn the secrets of the ancients and the origin of an empire in our extensive story mode.
30. The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor
"Save the World from Magical Party Crashers"
Packing in a full-fledged story mode with a colorful cast of musically-empowered heroes and villains, The Metronomicon sees you take control a party of eight new masters of the “rhythmic combat arts” to wage musical warfare against a multitude of dance-mongering fiends. Control up to four concurrent heroes as they cast powerful spells, buff their teammates, and beat down their enemies with a variety of magical loot and groovin’ dance moves. The effectiveness of your team is all in the rhythm, so put on your dancing pants, light up dad’s disco ball, and prepare your body for The Metronomicon. Oh, and did I mention couch co-op? Because nothing's better than an armored dance partner.
"Power Up Your Dancing, Moves, and Gear"
Would you like a side of RPG to your rhythm game? Too bad, because you're getting TWO MAIN COURSES. Hunt for epic loot, unlock new stylin' dance spells, and recruit new heroes to join your party. Tank, heal, buff, and dish out the damage in real-time musical combat to conquer your foes.
"Check Out My Mixtape"
The Metronomicon features a fantastic, ear-blistering soundtrack featuring some of the hottest electronic, synthwave, chiptune and indie artists, including an exclusive track from Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, an unreleased track from Shiny Toy Guns, along with tracks from YACHT, Perturbator, J-Punch, Dj CUTMAN, and many, many more. We're also always adding new music, so the party never ends!
"Play Until Your Ears Turn Pointy"
Game modes you ask? We got: Story, Arena, Freeplay and Daily Challenges. But wait, there's more... But, you've gotta discover those yourself. "The Metronomicon features a fantastic, fully-licensed soundtrack featuring some of the hottest electronic, synthwave, chiptune and indie artists, including an exclusive track from Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, an unreleased track from Shiny Toy Guns, along with tracks from YACHT, Perturbator, J-Punch, Dj CUTMAN, and many, many more. As much a soundscape as it is a soundtrack, the music behind The Metronomicon is set to be every bit as varied and exciting as the gameplay itself.
The whole city has been plunged into darkness. After an accident in the power station, a living electric spark must restore electricity to the city and give citizens back their safe and carefree lives.
"TurnOn" tells the spellbinding tale of a brave alien creature and its striking journey through blackout world. Featuring a charming art style and visual storytelling, cute character personality, and a soothing and magical soundtrack, "TurnOn" makes the world the way it was before, but a little better and kinder.FEATURES
- Setting! Be surprised how the world depends on electricity and what can happen if it suddenly disappears. Solve puzzles and figure out how to turn on the lights in every home, as well as fight unexpected enemies!
- Visual storytelling! Tired of all those dialogs in your video games? Never mind, in "TurnOn" everything is purely visual, and the entire story is told through what you see (and sometimes what you don't).
- Platformer without platforms! The main character moves through the electrical wires. The mix of exploration and music levels makes the gameplay very immersive.
32. Wings of Vi
Wings of Vi is a challenging 2D platformer in which you play as the angel Vi, tasked with defeating the Demon Lord Jeh’oul after he is freed from captivity. Throughout her journey she must traverse dangerous worlds and fight countless hellspawn in order to discover where Jeh’Oul lurks and save the world from his demonic clutch.
The game takes inspiration from "Megaman", "Cave Story", and "Castlevania", along with a host of masochistic retro platformers, while cutting out the arbitrary difficulty of hidden traps and pixel-perfect jumps in favor of skill based gameplay. The game aims to capture the attention of the same core group of players as its spiritual precursor, "I Wanna be the Boshy", including the hardcore-platformer lovers and the speedrunning community, all while appealing to a broader audience through a variety of difficulty levels and modifiers.Key Features
Wings of Vi is an action platformer that brings to best out of old-school platformers while removing most of the arbitrary difficulty brought with them. That being said, you will die. A lot. But don’t let that turn you off! There’s three different difficulties and some hidden modifiers catered to multiple audiences, so you’re sure to find a challenge setting suitable for you.
Battle your way through treacherous terrain and devilish enemies before facing up against epic bosses. Fight against a clumsy satyress, giant dreadnought, possessed angel, and more in tough-as-nails clashes.
Crisp Pixel Graphics
Explore a world crafted in stunning SNES-inspired pixel art, where each level is complete with its own unique tileset, background, bosses, enemies, and more.
Battle your friends or random folks on the internet for a spot at the top of online leaderboards. The boards track your completion time and deaths, separated into sections based on both difficulty and game modifiers. There’s even a section for boss rush!
Achievements, Secrets, and Customization!
Tackle your foes in unorthodox ways or complete special challenges to earn achievements with unique rewards. Explore hidden depths and complete treacherous platforming to discover secrets, unlocking cosmetics and new attacks to customize Vi!
33. Fluffy Horde
Fluffy Horde is a 2D side-scrolling hybrid between real-time strategy and tower defense. The game revolves around a magical hyper-breeding bunny horde created by a misunderstood Shaman wanderer. After having a dwelling denied in all three kingdoms, the Shaman is willing to take over all of them by force. Can you stop the Fluffy Horde?
- A unique strategy experience. Age of Empires and Warcraft got nothing on us. Starcraft 2 is slightly better...
- Mesmerizing Pixel art that will cure your eyes of myopia.
- Over 100 cities to free and 300 badges to conquer.
- Multiplayer mode so you can outsmart your friends and strangers over the internet. Or be outsmarted by them, maybe you are not that bright.
- 4 bosses to fight and hours of addicting gameplay.
- Arrogant elves that “are much better than humans”, according to them. Underground people are cool, though.
- Awesome voice-over that will make you pee on your pants. Wear double underwear for a better experience.
- Bunnies. We got 2.0309.894.859.483.495.8Y9.348.530.834 of them and counting...
- Music made by God. We’ve got God on our team, that’s right! Who have you got?
34. TY the Tasmanian Tiger
STONE THE CROWS! Are you ready to explore the wilds of the Australian Outback in this remastered version of the classic game, TY the Tasmanian Tiger?
Join TY on a RIPPER of an adventure to free his family from the DREAMING and stop the nefarious evil genius BOSS CASS from removing mammals from the top of the food chain.
To help you on your quest, you've got a BEAUT arsenal of boomerangs, sharp teeth, and the help of a few friends!
So don’t be a galah - let's head down under, and have a CORKER of a time! BEAUTY, BOTTLER, BONZA!
- Explore 17 levels of the Australian Outback in their old-school 3D platforming glory
- 13 different boomerangs including the Frostyrang, Flamerang and powerful Doomerang
- Improved graphics; including updated shadows, reflections, HD resolutions and 60fps
- Steamworks integration for achievements and leaderboards
G'day mate! Things can be a bit confusing at times, so let me remind you what's going on...
You are TY, the last of the Tasmanian Tigers. Raised by a family of Bilbies, you can only vaguely recall your real parents. You've always thought that all the other Tassie Tigers died a long time ago.
But then the Bunyip Elder found you, and told you that your family is alive, but trapped in the Dreaming. Now hold your horses... don't get upset... you see they're not stuck there forever, if you're up for a bit of an adventure!
You see, deep in the Outback, there's this kind of glowy portal thing that is a doorway to the Dreaming. And around that portal there are some carvings in the rock, where five ancient mystical Talismans used to lay. Now, all you have to do is find the five Talismans, put them in the carvings, and the portal to Dreaming will open!
Now, before you go off like a frog in a sock, there's just this one SMALL problem. You see there's this evil cassowary - Boss Cass - who's also after the Talismans. Yes. THAT Boss Cass. The one that trapped your family in the Dreaming in the first place, and told the school board to remove all the meat pies from the tuck shops. And if you didn't think that made him enough of a megalomaniac, he's ALSO trapped a whole bunch of your Bilby mates in cages all across the outback... something about overdue library books... Anyways, if you want to open the portal, you'll have to beat him and his henchmen to the Talismans!
Don't worry though, you won't be alone! You'll have a bunch of friends to help you along the way, including me - your old mate, Maurie. Now let's get down to brass tacks, find those Talismans, and rescue your family!
35. Tormentor X Punisher
Welcome to Planet F*ck You!
It's a real planet, look it up.
Everything in Tormentor❌Punisher can be killed in one hit, including bosses and yourself. Bosses change the shape of the arena, conjuring rooms and traps to make it more hellish and brutal. Demons adjust to your play style and punish you accordingly. Explore and discover new ways of killing enemies to gain cool upgrades. Reload your machine gun by firing your shotgun. Yeah, you read that right.
Kill, destroy, f*ck up demons, rack up combos, get upgrades by performing unique kills, and try to survive the constant onslaught. Oh, and look good to your friends by smashing their scores on the leaderboards.
Got It? Good. Let's F*cking Do This!
• Fast-paced gameplay that will make the bones in your hands shatter!!!
• Random order boss spawns featuring fun champions such as BIGBONES, GUTSHANK and PRIESTESS!
• Leaderboards to prove you're better than the rest of the world, or at least your friends!
• Undo demons with your besties in local co-op!
• An eardrum rupturing original soundtrack!
• Intense sound design with gurgling demons and all that shit!
• Crunchy comic book-inspired visuals!
• An annoying Twerp demon celebrating your demise!
36. Onikira - Demon Killer
Developed by Irish-based indie, Digital Furnace Games, Onikira: Demon Killer is an awesome side-scrolling, 2D beat’em-up set in fantasy feudal Japan. As Yamazaki Jiro, a lone samurai, players battle to prevent the forces of the Japanese underworld, Yomi, from consuming the land of the living.
Onikira: Demon Killer blends together complex deep fighting mechanics usually found in traditional 3D beat-em’ups, like Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta and merges them with classic 2D platform-game mechanics. Onikira’s expressive fighting system enables players to engage in whichever way suits them best. Some players will prefer to go toe-to toe with heavy weapons and mash buttons while others will opt for a ranged game style, avoiding heavy melee encounters. Try launching an enemy into the air, wall jumping to position yourself above them then Katana Slaming them into the ground. Switch weapons to the Naginata and use the Naginata Lift and air dash moves to stay in the air and off crumbling platforms, while pulling enemies up to you to be dispatched in mid-air. Whip out your grappling hook to grapple between platforms, across chasms or fiery pits, all the while fending off enemies.
Onikira: Demon Killer boasts seven challenging areas and players can express themselves with over forty uber-cool moves, using four devastating weapons. Each level is littered with foul demons that players must dispatch back to the underworld and players must also face two mini-bosses and two epic mega bosses. Every level is crammed full of environmental aids to help the player in combat encounters. Slice the support pillars off a building and watch it crush your enemies as it collapses, or use your moves to fling enemies into spikes, pits, or the path of moving deadly objects. Be careful though, as dropping a building on your own head is known to cause sadness!
Unique high-level combat – Onikira mixes 2D platform game elements into the combat system to make something special. Moving platforms, wall jumping, wall running and grappling all serve to make for dynamic and emergent combat encounters.
Seven Areas – the narrative unfolds over highly polished and gorgeous hand-painted levels featuring rain drenched villages, destroyed opulent cities, mountaintop locations and an erupting volcano.
Master unique weapons – Each weapon - sword, tetsubo, naginata or arm blades - has multiple unlockable moves which can result in massive combo chains when moves are strung together. Combo chains turn directly into score multipliers.
Responsive and Expressive Combat System – players are rewarded for strategic and skill-based fighting. Play flows naturally from move to move, allowing the player to create new combos that haven’t been designed explicitly by the developers.
Soul Shop – souls are the currency of Onikira. Use them to revive your health and trade them. At certain points inside each level, the player will find rifts into Yomi where benevolent spirits will trade moves for collected souls.
Challenge Arenas – players complete combat related challenges and improve their score and skill to gain achievements. The arenas are fully integrated into Steam’s online leaderboards.
Specific enemy types – with their own unique vulnerabilities, every enemy emphasises a particular fighting style, like a floating, possessed Mempo mask that encourages the use of air game or a monstrously twisted high-ranking samurai, where hit and run tactics are the best way to stay alive.
37. A Robot Named Fight!
A Robot Named Fight is a Metroidvania roguelike focused on exploration and item collection. Take on the role of a lone robot tasked with stopping a the entity known as Megabeast. Explore procedurally-generated labyrinths, uncover randomized power-ups and artifacts, find secrets, and blast meaty creatures in this deliciously gory Metroidvania.
Millennia of peace have passed since the mechanical gods ascended and left the lower order robots to cultivate the world. Unfortunately for those left behind, something forgotten and terrible stirs amidst the stars: the Megabeast, a pulsating moon-sized orb of flesh, eyes, mouths and reproductive organs – unleashing its children onto the world like an unstoppable plague.
- Explore a procedurally-generated labyrinth with more than 4 billion unique runs.
- Prove your worth with true permadeath.
- Take on over 50 menacing enemies solo or with a friend via local co-op.
- Adapt to a different item set every run with more than 60 unique items
- Complete achievements to unlock new content.
- Play using your favorite controller.
- Enjoy an unreasonable amount of meat!
38. FOX n FORESTS
FOX n FORESTS is a 2D action platformer with RPG elements inspired by the glorious days of 16-bit! Switch between various seasons on the fly, shoot and slash with your magic melee crossbow and snatch valuable loot to unveil the mystery of the 5th seasons. A thrilling pixel art fable with rewarding super secrets, screen filling bosses and thriving exploration. This is 16-bit how you remember it!5 SEASONS!Switch between various seasons to explore new areas, outfox enemies and uncover amazing secrets.MAGIC MELEE CROSSBOW!Wield a weapon like no other to shoot, slash, slide and switch seasons.FOXTASTIC FABLE!Help Rick the Fox uncover the mystery of the 5th season and bring back justice to the forests and its inhabitants.RETROTAINMENT!16-bit how you remember it with gorgeous pixel art and a catchy chiptunes soundtrack.ACTION PLATFORMER!A thrilling adventure with engaging RPG elements, clever puzzles and pixel perfect platforming.
39. A Walk in the Dark
In this action platformer you play as a cat, Bast, running through a dark fantasy world. You’ll be running, jumping and sliding with smooth and precise controls designed to make you feel like a cat. But it wont be easy. In the dark you never know what lies in the shadows. In this dark journey you will face strange creatures and dangerous traps.
- A story driven platformer set in a dark fantasy world.
- Fluid controls and animations: play as a cat, move like one.
- Challenging levels set in a dark, strange and dangerous world.
- Gravity inversion mechanics that will test your skills and ability to adapt to new gameplay.
- Beautiful original soundtrack by Cody Cook
40. Black Future '88
Black Future ’88 is a Synth-Punk roguelike 2D action Shooter. Vertically climb an always evolving procedural tower to reach the top and kill its insane owner…before your heart explodes. Shoot, slash, dash and upgrade yourself to survive the endless waves of deadly traps, homicidal AI, crazed junkies and colossal Wardens standing in your way in a stylish alternative version of 1988.
The world is reeling from a nuclear cataclysm, created by Duncan, the tower architect. The First of his bombs fell in the summer of 1988, and by December they had blacked-out the sun with endless rain. We decided to stop keeping time after this, and it’s been 1988 ever since. Everything that lived through the initial attack will die in the extreme floods that followed. These are the times after, where there are no more months, or even weeks…everything is measured in minutes left to live.
Take on the mantle of one of the last remaining misfit survivors, and fight your way to the top of the tower to kill the architect and stop the endless nuclear rain. Ascend to die, and die to survive.Game Features
- Death Ascendant: Climb an always evolving procedural tower and fight for survival through a constant onslaught of death by fire, lasers, and slashes.
- Unique Synth-Punk World: Play through a unique take on a retro cyberpunk dystopia, and fight to survive through 5 distinct zones each with their own challenges.
- Pick Your Poison: Play as one of 5 playable characters, each with their own unique buffs- and weaknesses.
- Ruin Friendships: Test your wits and reflexes with a friend in couch co-op, and experience a completely unique take on the co-op roguelike.
- Kill the Wardens: Fight for survival by challenging the numerous unique bosses that guard each one of the game’s zones.
- Fog Machines and Laser Beams: Bring a gun and laser sword to a fire fight by arming yourself with a selection of the 50 unique weapons available in the game, each with their own unique effects.
- Evolve to Survive: The only way to survive when everything, including your own heart, is trying to kill you is to carefully boost or curse yourself by strategically choosing- and combining from 30 distinct buffs and curses.
- Dailies: Every day, a new challenge is generated with unique attributes that will test your mettle and allow you to see how your skills compare against other players in a global Leaderboard. Fight for not just survival, but supremacy!
- Ear Candy: Death never sounded so good thanks to an all killer original analog-synth soundtrack performed by Tremor Low.
41. Ben and Ed - Blood Party
Ben and Ed - Blood Party is a silly and gory 3d Platformer. Play alone or together online and survive deadly obstacle courses. Customize your zombie, create your own levels and upload them via Steam-Workshop.
Play as a zombie
Use the advantages of your rotten body! Lose limbs, throw your head, be transformed into a meat block, dance and more...
Play with up to 4 people. Compete for the first place and find out who can drag his rotting body to the goal fastest, or cooperate to complete the deadly obstacle courses together.
Build your own levels with the integrated level editor. Create a course, place traps and make life hell for those who try to complete it.
Customize your zombie. Make him or her beautiful. We have sandals!
Upload your levels to Steam Workshop and let the world die in it, or download countless levels made by other players.
RunGunJumpGun is a tough as nails 2D Action Platformer that puts a teeth-rattling, gravity-defying weapon in your hands. With a cast of crazed characters, simple but beautifully difficult gameplay, and a pulsing musical score, RunGunJumpGun is a loud, trippy mess of twitchy platforming goodness.
The two-button setup is treacherously simple. One button shoots your massive gun downwards, propelling you through the air. The other shoots forward, destroying anything that’s in your path. But there is no stopping in this beautifully surreal world littered with deadly traps and soul-crushing obstacles around every corner. Players will have to constantly alternate between the two firing modes to maneuver through meticulously crafted levels where death is a promise not a possibility. There is only running, gunning, jumping, and gunning, in a mad dash to survive long enough to die again.
The game takes place in the Extax System, a solar system where the Sun has begun to swell and devour planets. With most of the planets already devoured, the remaining worlds have descended into madness and superstition. Each denizen has their own theory on why the sun seems so enraged, but they all hang on one central element: Atomiks, the primary resource in the entire system.
You play as a scavenger, a rogue from outside the Extax System who seems to have only one goal: get Atomiks. What do the Atomiks mean to the scavenger? Does he want to scoop up precious resources for himself, or use them as a way to appease the sun and end the suffering of the system? Or Maybe they’re just shiny pick-ups in a video game to him.
- Beautifully Difficult: Every second counts, and the game will test your reflexes to the fullest
- Nonstop Action: Merciful respawns let you die fast and keep you constantly in the action
- Two button gameplay: One button lets you fly, the other blasts obstacles into heaps of rubble.
- Three Unique Game Worlds: Each world presents its own distinct challenges which require players to change their playstyles
- Over 120 levels of Mayhem: Each level is meticulously crafted to hone and test the player’s speed and tenacity.
- Marathon Mode: For players looking to compete for the global high score.
- Surreal visuals: Trippy and hyper-colourful fantasy-sci-fi art style
- Hyperkinetic soundtrack: Pulsing musical score blending hip hop, electronic and movie-score vibes.
- Warped space-opera narrative: The game features a cast of crazed, beautifully illustrated characters.
- Masochistic Collectables: The quest to collect “Atomiks” littered throughout levels lends an extra level of insanity to already merciless level design. A gift to self-hating completionists.
- Accessible single-hand gameplay: Appropriate for players with disabilities.
- Made by free range developers fed a pure mixture of VVVVVV, Hotline Miami, and Super Meat Boy.
43. Starward Rogue
- Roguelite catacombs that evolve and expand with each of your successes.
- Hundreds of items, enemies and rooms, and dozens of epic boss fights.
- Fully playable with keyboard+mouse or gamepad.
- 5 difficulty levels range from "Relatively Easy" to "Nigh Impossible."
- Play as a "head in a mech" harvested from the neck of everyone's favorite Hydral.
- Find secrets of The Megalith, a giant structure lodged in a star, as you lose many heads.
- Figure out what happened to Rodney, an AI redshirt of uncertain motives.
- Over-the-top mod support. Detailed wiki: create enemies, items, weapons, and rooms.
- Secrets! Among them "incredibilities" that massively change the way the game plays.
- Varied mech suits: dipole magnetism, time control, and more.
- Upgrade during each "run" via EXP/Perks, shops, and items found while exploring.
44. Evil Genome 光明重影
Evil Genome was made by Crystal Depths Studio. It is a 3D horizontal wasteland adventure game (Metroidvania). It supports single-player and combined elements with wasteland world exploration, platformer, strategic combat and role development. You can use both ground and aerial skills, escape from barrage, fight with your enemies and collect game elements to develop your character. The story takes place in the 23rd century. You're under the orders of TLS organisation. Your mission is to investigate and eliminate those colonies which decalred their independence. During the adventure, you have to face to forces of different areas. Please enjoy this story!
If you have any urgent problems,please kindly contact me via email.([email protected])
45. Badass Hero
Badass Hero is a roguelite platformer shooter set in a comic book universe. The game features fast-paced hit and run gameplay, procedural generation of levels and random items that make every playthrough different! All in extremely polished, modern and high-resolution 2D art.
In Badass Hero you shoot enemies with various guns while avoiding projectiles, traps and obstacles. Collect ink from defeated enemies to upgrade your hero. Play dynamically and aggressively and take risks like a badass to get greater rewards! Stay focused at all times or you'll die sooner than you think. Become proficient with your character's skills and master each enemy to succeed!
- Comic book setting
- Action platforming with 360 shooting
- Procedurally generated levels
- Customizable character
- Permadeath with character progression
- Completely unique worlds, each with its own bosses and minibosses
- Tons of gameplay-changing items and guns
46. Inside My Radio
Can you beat the beat? Journey as a green LED mysteriously trapped inside a dying boombox and play the ultimate musical experience. In this rhythmic platform adventure where your every action needs to be right on the beat, bring electro, dub and disco music back to life!
- Rhythmic awareness is vital when you jump, dash or slam. You have to hit that beat! Never under any circumstances should you play on mute!
- Feel creative, play with the music and unleash your inner musician! Inside My Radio lets you compose the track: YOU are in control, either with your actions, movements or jam zone, where you can freely choose and mix the tracks the way you want.
- The game is a mix-tape where every level is a different track: every level brings different variations to electro, disco or dub!
- Enjoyed the experience but want more? Try to finish the levels before the clock expires, in Time Attack mode. It’s rhythm or die time: the more you hit the beat, the higher your score multiplier goes, the better your score. Don’t miss a beat or you will lose your multiplier AND get a time penalty!
47. Creepy Road
When everything goes insane and the world falls apart, a man must take up arms to protect his loved ones. Embark with Flint Trucker on a crazy journey to reunite him with sweet Angelina, and try not to succumb to the madness that awaits you!HUGE BOSSES
Don't let their size scare you! Observe their fighting style, find a weak spot and show no mercy when you finally get your chance to attack. Go get ‘em, Flint!CRAZY WEAPONS
Ranging from standard revolvers and shotguns to deadly contraptions with crazy and unexpected effects. You can even saddle a rocket to disintegrate flying enemies. The choice is up to you!BEAUTIFULLY HAND-DRAWN GRAPHICS
For Creepy Road, we have created a truly mad world with over 30 original kinds of funny and furious enemies, from animals and birds to psychos. Most of them have their own original attacks too. Just try to defeat them all! All the locations contain original hand-drawn graphics, and each one has unique details, objects, and a memorable atmosphere. All the characters and locations were painstakingly designed with a great love of details!Main character
Flint Trucker is a good guy with a rich inner life. Maybe he’s read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, perhaps he likes to listen to Tchaikovsky, and it’s possible he even goes to Dali's artwork for inspiration... He’s mysterious... but one thing’s for certain, he loves to destroy all who dare to stand in his way!Music
Each location in Creepy Road is accompanied by an original musical theme, helping players immerse themselves in the atmosphere of what is happening and setting the rhythm of gameplay. The game contains more than 15 original musical tracks.
Hald and his sister are "Keepers", chosen by the gods, their existence maintains order and balance in the world. But peace is not something everyone desires... Claos, a man filled with dark purpose, decides to plunge the girl in a deep slumbers, in order to break the balance and made evil. His younger brother, Hald, decides to find Claos and break the spell, regardless of the means used. For this it will have to cover a vast world full of mystery and danger...
Inexistence is an independent game developed by Jonathan Brassaud, currently in development for PC.
Discover a vast world full of mysteries and action in this Metroidvania-style game inspired by the classics of the 16-bit era.
- Many varied places, in a pixel art style worthy of the great hits of the SNES era
- RPG Elements enabling customize the stats and equipment of heroes, and get new abilities as you go
- Varied bestiary, with imposing bosses
- Many annex quests and hidden places
- Multiple difficulty levels.
- Many Steam achievements, trading cards, and badges, for lovers of challenges and collection.
49. Omega Strike
As Doctor Omega and his mutant armies march toward world domination, only a few brave freedom fighters stand in his way. Omega Strike is a metroidvania game with a huge, open-ended world and multiple playable characters.
Defeat deadly enemies and learn new abilities for your heroes. Explore the world, find it's hidden treasures and upgrade your weapons in order to defeat Doctor Omega and his evil henchmen.
- Explore a vast interconnected world with seven unique areas
- Three playable heroes who each have their own special abilities
- Swap your heroes at any time to take advantage of their skills
- Search for hidden treasures and purchase weapon upgrades
- 12 bosses and over 45 different types of enemies
50. Tower Hunter:Erza's Trial
With features of roguelike and metroidvania,players of Tower Hunter: Erza’s Trial fight their way up in the world of a giant tower with random modules. Different terrains are found in the towers, and there is exploration to do and challenges to overcome. Due to a contract between our heroine Erza and a demon, Erza is beamed back to the original start every time she dies. As time loops, Erza, becomes a strong fighter who can make her way to her target.
- 2.5d toon render side-scroller game that exhibits fluent motion display.
- smooth control: a dodge may cancel punish, and strength and direction can be fine-tuned for jumps.
- Soul-like actions: supplies are limited; footsie and dodge are key factors and every move and weapon has its own magic.
- Each weapon has its ownfeatures a combo with which: you can combine light and heavy blows and switch from attack andto dodge.
- The classic order system from Castlevania is incorporated: special weapon skills and magic are triggered by simple commands.
- Take advantage of the special rune core system: in every adventure, the player can choose to foster a certain passive skill.
- licence system: acquire licences based on your clearance speed and the achievement of different conditions. These licences can be used for other purposes beyond display.
- Explore hidden elements: hidden passages that can be destroyed and sealed doors that must be opened using a corresponding colour key and that are full of dangers.
Gameplay:In the world of Tower Hunter, countless warriors have already gone before you to challenge the unsolved secrets of the tower, but they failed.A mischievous god is lord of the tower. Cards appear after bosses are defeated.
The empire grants different levels of licences to the warriors exploring the tower, according to the rarity of the cards they have collected. These licences bring with them status and power. Nobles have gone to the tower to compete for status and glory, but none have been as fortunate as our heroine Erza.
In her childhood, Erza became bonded with a demon, who grants her another chance at life each time she dies. Due to this special ability, Erza can explore frontiers that no one has ever seen.
One common feature of roguelike games is that there is no checkpoint where progress can be saved, and players must lose everything if their character dies. This basic design is followed here, but players can still accumulate a certain proportion of resources during the course of each adventure, and these can be used to acquire more skills and send characters to new stages, where they develop and become stronger. The more familiar the player becomes with gameplay, the more practised the response and battle skills are and the stronger and better equipped the heroine is, the further the player can go in the tower.
This game is the prologue to Tower Hunter, which tells the story of how Erza the Sword Maiden became Empire’s youngest Major. What is in store for her? Stay tuned!