The best games like UltraGoodness are:
- arrow_rightGuacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
- arrow_rightSonic Mania
- arrow_rightSteamWorld Dig
- arrow_rightThe Expendabros
- arrow_rightSatellite Reign
- arrow_rightSuper Time Force Ultra
100 Best Games Like UltraGoodness:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (24)
- PlayStation 4 (27)
- iOS (34)
- Android (16)
- macOS (97)
- Linux (72)
- Nintendo Switch (30)
- Nintendo 3DS (7)
- Xbox 360 (8)
- PlayStation 3 (9)
- PlayStation 2 (2)
- PlayStation (2)
- PS Vita (9)
- PSP (2)
- Wii U (7)
- Wii (2)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- SNES (4)
- Classic Macintosh (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (4)
- Atari ST (1)
- Genesis (3)
- SEGA Saturn (2)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
Celeste is a platformer about climbing a mountain, from the creators of TowerFall.
Explore a sprawling mountain with over 500 levels bursting with secrets, across 8 unique areas. Unlock a hardcore Remix for each area, with completely new levels that will push your climbing skills to the limit.
Madeline can air-dash and climb any surface to gain ground. Controls are simple and accessible, but super tight and expressive with layers of depth to master. Deaths are sudden and respawns are fast. You'll die a lot, but you'll learn something every time.
Meet peculiar characters and climb through a personal story of breaking through your self-doubt to find yourself, set in the present-day Pacific Northwest. Uncover the mystery of the mountain's power and outrun your reflection on your journey to reach the top.
2. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Guacamelee! is strongly inspired by colorful Mexican aesthetics and folklore. Your protagonist, Juan Aguacate, used to be a regular farmer until one day he found a magic mask of a Luchador, that is, a Mexican wrestler. His mission is to save El Presidente's daughter who was captured by evil Carlos Calaca. The villain wants her as a sacrifice to open the gates to the World of the Dead. In a cooperative mode, Juan is aided by female luchador Tostada.
Despite being a traditional Metroidvania platformer, Guacamelee! is also, surprisingly, an open-world game. You can go in any direction in this 2D world. For example, if you climb down, this counts as going south on the map. Action in Guacamelee! is inspired by fighting games like Mortal Kombat, and the controls are very responsive. The monsters are varied and very Mexican: they include traditional Dia de Los Muertos skeletons, feral armadillos, and evil cacti.
The Super Turbo Championship Edition adds several new features, such as Intenso mode that makes your characters way stronger for a short amount of time. Health bars above your opponents' heads are introduced. This edition also features new enemies, levels, and even a new boss in this edition.
3. Sonic Mania
Experience the ultimate celebration of past and future in Sonic Mania, an all-new 2D Sonic adventure running at a crisp 60FPS with stunning HD retro-style graphics. Multiple playable characters give you the ability to go explosively fast as Sonic, soar as Tails, or power through tough obstacles with Knuckles’ brute strength. You can re-live the Sonic of the past with an exciting new twist on classic zones while fighting against new bosses and Dr. Eggman’s evil robot army. Go head to-head with players in Competition Mode or play in Co-Op Mode with a friend. Sonic Mania was developed by Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, and PagodaWest Games in collaboration with Sonic Team. Welcome to Sonic Mania!
4. SteamWorld Dig
SteamWorld Dig is an independent platforming action game developed by Image & Form. It is the second installment in the series.
You play as a steam-powered robot named Rusty. He moves to a town of Tubleton after inheriting his uncle's mine. He starts to mine and explore the underground world unraveling the remains of human civilization on his way.
The main objective is to investigate the mines. At the beginning of the game the player is only equipped with a pickaxe, but more and more mining equipment is unlocked as the game progresses. The equipment is also upgradable as the game goes on. The mines are procedurally generated on every playthrough and useful items appear in different places. Collected ores and resources can be sold in a shop outside the mine. There are several underground worlds to explore which feature various enemies.
If the player gets lost in the mine they can either use the ladders that are sold in the store or use the self-destruct button. All collected loot is lost on death but can be picked up again.
5. The Expendabros
The Expendabros is a crossover game based on Broforce gameplay and featuring characters from The Expendables 3 movie. In the basis of both games lays the roast of the 90s movie cliches about unstoppable warriors, such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and the others. The Expendabros features parody characters from The Expendables 3, including Broney Ross, Bronnar Jensen, and the others.
The gameplay in The Expendabros provides a crazy mix of a platformer, a shooter and a quest with strong beat ‘em up elements. The action doesn’t stop as everything around you explodes, burns and crashes while you kill bad guys. Each of the seven playable characters has their unique weapons and special attacks.
The story itself consists of 10 missions with the goal to capture an arms dealer named Conrad Stonebanks. The game is set in Eastern Europe forests, so you're to fight among lumber mills and harsh landscapes.
6. Satellite Reign
Satellite Reign is a real-time strategy, where you customize your team of four members and fight the tyranny of a mega-corporation called Dracogenics. The game is set in the open-world cyberpunk future, so the visuals combine dark locations with neon-highlighted spots. The gameplay depends on your soldiers’ class. You can use agents with different abilities to form a group that suits your playstyle. There are multiple ways to complete missions, whether you prefer to be stealthy or rush through enemies’ facilities.
The story takes place in a fictional City, where Dracogenics gets the full control over politics and military forces. To release the city, you become the head of a rival corporation and set attacks against Dracogenics. The goal is to overcome the evil syndicate using well-designed tactics.
Except for missions, the game pays attention to the technology development and resource management you need to provide to defeat Dracogenics. Meanwhile, the interaction between your corporation and civilians is minimal, so you don’t need to affect their attitude to you to win.
7. Super Time Force Ultra
Mankind has learned to travel in time and uses this knowledge to improve its present. Namely, in every possible way corrects the past in order to be in a better present.
Of course, fixing the past is not an easy task. This is the responsibility of the military organization - the Super Time Force. Brave Commander Repeatski boldly sends time-traveling fighters to various points in time, including prehistoric times and the Middle Ages. Sometimes to improve the present he has to send fighters to the future - and Commander Repeatski does not stop before that.
The matter is not limited to transferring fighters back and forth in time. Manipulate the time can not only Commander Repeatski, but also ordinary soldiers - they, too, can "rewind" the time forward or backward - for example, during the fight, "cancel" the wrong decision, be five minutes earlier and do everything as needed.
And one more useful thing is the slow motion mode, if at normal speed it is difficult to pass.
The player has 30 lives. Levels are sufficiently filled with well-armed opponents, and so many lives - it's not so much. The characters you can play the game are sixteen. Everyone has his own weapon. And everyone can achieve six levels of skill.
Geneshift is a top-down shooter bursting with brutal gunplay and insane vehicle action. Unlock mutant skills and blast your way through the online co-op campaign. Then use miniguns, car bombs, invisibility, and more to outplay your friends in tactical online combat.
- 4 Player Co-op Campaign
Play the story solo or with friends online and save the world from a mysterious outbreak.
- 5v5 Multiplayer Combat
Battle in game modes such as Capture the Flag, Checkpoint Racing and Zombie Survival.
- Insane Vehicle Action
Ride with allies to do drive-by shootings, detonate car bombs and capture key objectives.
- Over 30 Tactical Skills
Create complex skill builds as you gain experience and permanently level up your mutant.
- Over 20 Brutal Weapons
Fire pistols, shotguns, snipers, explosives... or save cash for the deadly superweapons.
- Secret Base Building
Place hidden chemicals to gain secret benefits like spying on enemies and teleportation.
- Deception & Deduction
Play mind games. Discover and destroy enemy chemicals by observing their movements.
- Competitive Servers
Earn ranks in competitive servers that balance teams with a unique ELO rating system.
- Leaderboards & Difficulties
Replay the campaign in 4 difficulty levels and set high scores on various leaderboards.
- User Generated Maps
Create maps in the editor and unlock sexy cosmetics whenever your maps are played.
Xeodrifter is a Metroid-like action game developed by Renegade Kid.
The Xeodrifter flies his ship in deep space. Unexpectedly, his ship gets hit by an asteroid and he has to crash-land on a nearby planet to repair the ship. He travels from planet to planet to acquire new parts required for the repair of the ship and going off the star system Xeodrifter got trapped in.
Xeodrifter is a typical Metroidvania game. It is a two-dimensional platforming game that features immense interconnected maps which feature distinctive rooms and sections. The players cannot travel the whole map at first, as some sections of it require a specific ability or equipment to be opened. Sometimes, such items are protected by a unique and powerful enemy that has to be defeated by the players.
In the case of Xeodrifter, the players travel from planet to planet to find the necessary replacement parts. Several planets will be closed off for the players at the beginning of the game as they will need specific items to unlock the ability to land on them.
Xeodrifter features a completely flat two-dimensional graphics with a heavy use of shadows and parallax effects. The game uses the same color palette as the original Metroid games. Several Retrowave elements were added to the game in the form of music.
10. Revenge of the Titans
Revenge of the Titans is a sequel to Titan Attacks!
In the previous game, aliens who arrived from Titan on huge spacecraft to destroy us, were successfully stopped. But they flew again - to avenge the defeat. This time they prepared a full-scale landing on the surface of the planet. We have nothing left but to play the invisible commander of all the forces of mankind, to throw out the enemies and destroy them not only on our land, but also on their own planet Titan.
Like its predecessor, the game is built around the same principle - the defense of the "tower", the command center. The goal of each level is to protect the command center from destruction. The Titans are trying to destroy the tower. And they do it for several dozen missions, the action of which unfolds on many planets.
For defense, you can take a variety of actions. You can fight with various weapons, you can build buildings for various purposes, use the technologies that are to be opened. For all this, resources are needed, they must be extracted and their consumption calculated. Enemies are diverse, in addition to ordinary "aliens" there are super-powerful bosses - to win they have to invent special strategies.
CS2D is a fast-paced top-down multiplayer shooter! FREE for Windows, Linux & MacOS!
Two teams fight each other in action packed matches. With a variety of missions like bomb planting, hostage rescue, V.I.P. assassination, capture the flag, construction, zombies, deathmatch and team deathmatch. You have access to a huge arsenal of weapons - also including crazy stuff like portal guns, lasers, RPGs and much more. Play online, in LAN or against bots. Use the built-in map editor to create your own maps within seconds or write Lua scripts to modify and extend the game!
CS2D is 100% FREE! Zero costs. No payments. No pay to win. No way to spend money.
That's right! You don't have to pay anything to play this game! We just want you to have some fun!
- Fast paced online action (or offline against Lua scripted bot AI)
- Pistols, shotguns, rifles, sniper rifles, (S)MGs, grenades and many other weapons
- Many game modes: Classic (Bombs, Hostages, VIP), Deathmatch, Zombies, Construction...
- Easy to use map editor with entity/trigger system
- Console & buy scripts
- Modify & extend with Lua scripts (yes, we also have mods with funny hats!)
- Dynamic light effects and a "GTA 2"-like top-down 3D mode
- Win, Linux & MacOS clients and headless dedicated server
- Many active players around the world, loads of custom maps and scripts!
- ... also... did we mention that all this is FREE OF CHARGE?!
- Many different firearms and a tactical shield
- Fancy special armors (including a medic armor and a stealth armor)
- Medikits & bandages (instant health recovery on pickup)
- Money items (gain money by collecting them)
- Close combat: machete, wrench, claw, chainsaw
- Special "grenades": flare, molotov cocktail, gas grenade, airstrike, snowball
- Launchers: RPG launcher, rocket launcher, grenade launcher
- Mines: anti-personnel mine, laser mines
- And more: flamethrower, laser, portal gun, ... - over 70 different items in total!
- Classic mode with DE, CS and AS maps (bombs, hostages, VIPs)
- Deathmatch: just go crazy and kill everyone!
- Team Deathmatch with capture the flag and domination maps
- Construction mode: Build your own turrets, walls, teleporters, dispensers and more!
- Zombies! Try to survive or be a zombie and infest all survivors!
- CS2D has been around for over a decade and it has been improved with many updates
- A complete and working game! No early access! no wrong promises! WYSIWYG!
- The awesome CS2D community already created tons of custom maps and mods
Gather, collect and manage resources.
Craft useful items & structures.
Build and grow a base out of nothing. Buy land to expand and explore.
Level up and learn new skills, abilities, and blueprints.
Solve puzzles, find secrets and raid dungeons!
Achieve anything you want! The choice is yours, you set your own goals to work towards!
Start small and improve your base, skills, equipment, network of friends (and enemies!) and build your future as you see fit! You can play Forager in a very varied array of playstyles...BECOME... A GATHERERBECOME... A FARMERBECOME... A MERCHANTBECOME... AN ADVENTURERBECOME... A BUILDER
13. Renowned Explorers: International Society
Renowned Explorers: International Society is a strategy adventure game set in a fictitious 19th century world. It introduces a unique attitude-based gameplay that challenges both your tactical and storytelling skills.Key Features
- Endless New Adventures - Explore the far corners of fictitious 19th century world in procedurally generated expeditions to Egypt, the Caribbean and much more.
- Compose your Crew - Choose 3 experts out of 20. Fighters are Aggressive but Speakers can solve tactical conflicts with Speech actions.
- Personality = Gameplay - Each conflict can be solved in different ways, depending on your crew's personality and strategy. 'Mood' is one of the most important gameplay elements.
Fight them with Melee, Ranged and Area of Effect attacks,
win them over using Cheers, Charms and Compliments,
or scare them away by Insults, Taunts and Humiliation
- Optimize your Economy - Collect Insight, Research, Gold and Status on your expeditions. Use them to build economy and support for your next expedition.
- Vivid Stories - Find more than a hundred treasures in hundreds of visual events that adapt to the characters and have multiple outcomes.
- Build a reputation - Become a Diplomat, Aggressor or Manipulator. Go for Science, Wealth or Status. Fame is your goal, but the way there is entirely up to you.
- Permadeath? - In Adventure mode you cannot load after failure. Discovery mode lets you reload. Choose difficulties from Easy through Impossible to customize the challenge.
14. Velocity Ultra
Velocity®Ultra is an award-winning top down shooter that puts you in control of the galaxy’s only Quarp Jet, an advanced spacecraft with the ability to teleport at will. Tasked with rescuing survivors from a collapsed black hole, you’ll need to use both firepower and quick-wits to catapult the Quarp Jet through 50 levels of sci-fi action.
Featuring explosive visual effects, an anime-inspired art style and an exhilarating electronic soundtrack, Velocity Ultra combines the speed, ferocity and challenge of classical arcade shooters while introducing a whole new layer of complexity to the genre with unique puzzle mechanics.Key Features
- Fly the most advanced spacecraft in the galaxy through 50 challenging levels.
- Solve devious puzzles and outsmart enemies using a range of space-shifting controls.
- Full Steamworks integration including over 30 achievements and a full collection of Steam Trading Cards.
- Online leaderboards and a pitch-perfect ranking system for every level.
- Fully configurable keyboard controls and full gamepad support.
- Bonus missions and a range of hidden mini-games to discover as you play.
15. Rampage Knights
Rampage Knights is a cooperative beat 'em up game mixed up with randomized dungeon crawling and exploration which you can play alone or with a friend online.
You play as a hero trapped by a spell in a magical forest. All paths lead you to a nearby ruined castle, infested with goblins, skeletons and other foul creatures. Gear up with awesome and ridiculous weapons and spells and descend into the deep labyrinth below the ruin to face its sinister master!
Try to get as far as possible in a dungeon with randomized items, spells, traps and encounters. Your hero is upgraded along the way (both visually and gameplay-wise) as you find better weapons, items, magic powers and fight harder and harder monsters.
The main features:
- Frenetic action inspired by Golden Axe and Binding of Isaac
- Singleplayer campaign or co-op for two players (online and local)
- Randomly generated environments with rogue-like elements
- Hero visually evolving with new abilities
- Dozens of spells and weapons with game changing properties
- Long term progress with new classes and features to unlock
- Full controller support
- Mighty foot included!
So what do you say? Are you ready to start the rampage?
16. Edge of Space
Along the way you’ll gather resources to craft armor, weapons, facilities, and vehicles to help you explore the world and conquer its aggressive inhabitants. Your base of operations will evolve from a few basic facilities exposed to the elements into a hardened fortress full of advanced technologies that let you accomplish amazing improvements to your equipment and alter the environment itself.
Be careful, though; almost everything down there wants to kill you, including fierce laser space sharks, artillery-toting polar bears, wickedly quick jetpack penguins, and even crazier horrors. Out on the Edge of Space, you must adapt or you die. Good luck, ArkCo Operative!
- Open World Exploration– Dynamically-generated 2D sandbox set in the deepest recesses of space, explore randomly generated caverns, wormhole anomalies and dive deeper into the planet to discover valuable resources and other rare phenomenon.
- Crazy Creatures – Hordes of enemies and epic bosses ranging from Artillabears, squid pandas, jetpack space penguins, and laser space sharks; not to mention epic bosses like DJ Penguin and Omegatron
- Cooperative Exploration – Engrossing gameplay, built from the ground up, to support multiplayer focusing on cooperative exploration and combat with team-based tactics.
- Advanced Crafting System - Using the power of science, craft advanced technology for weapons, gear and base constructions from basic resources
- Loads of Armor – Ranging from stat boosting battle armor to quirky vanity costumes, craft armor to survive the changing environmental conditions and specialize in different aspects of mining, exploration, and combat.
- Weapons – Create a wide-variety of dynamically generated weapons ranging from guided rocket launchers to Experimental Gauss Rifles and discover new advanced weaponry to expand your arsenal.
- Research System – A new research system allows players more freedom to discover new areas of technology in exploration, combat, base building, and much more.
- Command Center Management – Establish your central base of operation by creating the ultimate Command Center customized with defensive turrets, hangers and repair drones. Make improvements to protect yourself from the constant environmental changes like radiation storms and other anomalies.
- PIOS (Power Input Output Systems) – A simple drag and drop tool, letting you design electrical systems as basic as powering a light or as complex as creating your own logic gates.
- Pets – Create and collect pets that assist you on your epic exploration of space by granting defensive, offensive, or exploration perks.
- Anomalies - Random world events both dangerous and helpful
- Vehicles - Craft items from hover boards to massive mechs to safely explore the dangerous world
- Terraforming - Conquer space by turning the land into a livable habitat
- Continual Support – Regular post-launch updates will bring fresh new content
17. Larva Mortus
At the end of 19th Century, dark forces shade the world once again. A brave agent, experienced in exorcism and combat, comes to face the oncoming evil, and fight loathsome supernatural monsters and horrific spawns of black magic. In the role of the agent, it's your quest to combat evil forces and to face a dark warlock of the ancient times and stop his plan to capture powerful artifacts of black magic.
Larva Mortus is a fast-paced action horror game that has you hunting monsters of the supernatural in a dark and ominous atmosphere full of undead, terrifying and demonic nightmares. A horrific atmosphere goes hand in hand with furious action packed splatter fest. Everything accompanied by creepy, first class soundtrack!
- 30 frightening supernatural monsters to destroy. Vampires, werewolves, the undead, and more!
- A dark and horrifying atmosphere with mysterious storyline quests!
- A solid arsenal varying from classic six shooters and shotguns to the fancy Dynamo Gun
- Randomly generated missions for high replay value
- Main character development through a set of RPG-like features
- Many environments from spooky manors and catacombs to dark forests and lonely deserts
- An awesome dark orchestral music score
- The gore can be turned off if you like
- Unlock 25 morbid Steam Achievements to gain bonuses and upgrade your character
"UBERMOSH is an arcade game about cutting bullets with a sword, in a gun-filled cyberpunk mosh pit."
Like a pinball table or a coin-op arcade machine, UBERMOSH was made to give you a shot of adrenaline in a couple of minutes. Each time you play a new level is generated for you to beat your score in 90 seconds.
19. WE ARE DOOMED
WE ARE DOOMED is a twin-stick shooter where you zap polygon baddies with an absurdly overpowered laserbeam. Dive head-first into the action with reckless ambition, charge the SUPERBEAM, and zap everything out of existence in an instant. Chase high scores or just enjoy the beautiful explosion of geometry, color and light.
- Pure arcade action. No cutscenes, storylines, or lengthy tutorials.
- An overpowered laserbeam weapon, and the more ridiculous SUPERBEAM.
- Waves mode: 30 waves that range from chill to hyper-intense.
- Endless mode: An endless barrage of baddies. How many zones can you survive?
- Quick to start, and quick to restart for "just one more" game.
- A vibrant world of neon colors, bold shapes, and glitching geometry.
- A beautiful, chill, and occasionally glitchy soundscape.
"All about that Doomed chill" - Giant Bomb, Quick Look
"We Are Doomed is one of my fave shooters of the past few years" - Rob Fearon, Take This Machine
FROM THE MAKERS OF HALFWAY...
THE YEAR IS 1936...It is a time of global unrest as German military influence is spreading throughout Europe and the Middle East. Rumors of frantic excavations and strange artifacts, not to mention ghastly occult rituals, have begun to surface across secret communication channels...THEY TOOK OUR FRIEND...Morten has vanished. The Nazis took him because he interfered with their occult research. We have to rescue him before it's too late. And afterwards, who knows what other adventures await?
THRILLING VISUALS - Classic 16-bit pixel art enhanced with unprecedented depth, lighting and shadows using Pixel/Voxel Hybrid Technology.
DYNAMIC ADVENTURES - No two adventures are the same; each campaign generates a new procedural map and a different set of unique story encounters.
TOUGH CHOICES - Every location you visit presents a new hand-crafted story event to explore. Search the well? Save the villagers? It's up to you!
DECISIVE CONFLICTS - Use cover and positioning in exciting turn-based squad combat. Learn to maximize your items and abilities, as well as your team members' strengths, in ruthless and clever ways!
HIDDEN TREASURES - Discover rare artifacts to unlock new content and adventures! Recruit from 16 unique companions, each with their own starting equipment and skill trees!
With soundtrack by the critically-acclaimed composer, Gavin Harrison of Halfway fame!
21. Hunger Dungeon
"Hunger Dungeon" is a 1-6 player round-based Multiplayer Online Battle Arena game.
Enter a cutthroat arena with more than 12 heroes including the Dwarf Forgemaster, Octo Pirate, Princess Ranger, and the Demonic Knight!
- Compete in absolute chaos in Free-for-All or group up and take on other players in classic Team Deathmatch.
- Mix and match Spell Scrolls and equipment between rounds to optimize your build (like a MOBA).
- Utilize positive and negative status effects to your advantage!
- Or...for those wishing for a greater challenge. Recruit up to 3 other players to take on Dragon Mode, facing off against one of three powerful element dragons for exclusive rewards!
*4 randomly-chosen characters are available for free players each week. Premium players can access the original 12 characters permanently.
- Collecting Gold increases damage dealt
- Collides with opponents head-on
- Leaves a trail of poisonous Dirty Water
- Fires a Death Cannon
- Conceals in the terrain
- Sets traps to immobilize enemies
- Temporarily reduces cooldown of Spell Scrolls
- Increased Mana regeneration
- 2D top-down battle style - with a pixel-art aesthetic
- Free-to-play - four free players available each week, in-game currency to earn permanent Hero unlocks
- Up to 6 player online matches - Free-for-All and Team Deathmatch
- A roster of distinctive characters - each with unique skills and effects
- 30+ Spell Scrolls - fireballs, lightning bolts, and ice bombs devastate your opponents
- 40+ items to equip - turn the tide with unique magical equipment with various effects
- 40+ stages to explore - battle in lush forests, painful volcanoes, or frozen tundras
NeuroVoider* is a twin-stick shooter RPG set in a cyber futuristic world about brains shooting around evil robots with nuclear rocket launchers. Battle through the horde of vigilant robots, boost your character with the smoking remains of your victims, and defeat the master NeuroVoider to end this eternal war. Play it coop with up to 4 friends, or go alone in an adventure of hack'n'slash rampage, with a pinch of rogue-lite, and some permadeath.
* may contain explosions.
- Action packed top-down shooting. May include explosions.
- Local multiplayer up to 4 players. Total coop rampage.
- Procedurally generated content and hazards. Hope you don't mind a few game overs.
- 8736 unique enemies to blow up. Yes, we counted.
- Tons of loot to customize your character with. Explode your foes with that "double twin-plasma shotgun of father doom" they've just dropped.
- Gigantic bosses to challenge your bullet dodging skills. Chances are that they don't fit on your 4K monitor.
- Powerful dark synth music by Dan Terminus. May your ears survive the beat.
24. The Adventure Pals
The Adventure Pals is an action-packed platformer about friendship, exploration, and riding your giraffe. Mr. B is kidnapping old people and turning them into hot dogs! It's up to you and your best buddies to save the day. You'll leap, slash, and blast your way through increasingly madcap levels filled with traps, weird and wild enemies, treasure, and more. Along the way, you'll help a whale regain confidence, take a side in the battle between toast and dinosaur, travel to a legendary sunken city and decide the fate of a Pirate election. Explore the world on the back of your giraffe. Your travels take you across a huge land filled with zombie pirate cats, post-apocalyptic dinosaurs and hotdogs that poop explosive mines. Explore the mystical forests of Treevale, hike the haunted craters of the moon and dive into the depths of the ocean to find the lost city of Crablantis.
Inspired by classic platformers and cartoons alike, The Adventure Pals combines hilarious characters with rip-roaring platforming and combat. Level up to learn special abilities, throw bombs and whack things with your sword. Find cupcakes to unlock costumes and fill your scrap book up with secret stickers. The game is a mixture of lovingly handcrafted platformer levels, combat focused arenas and RPG-like locations with townsfolk who provide quests, items and other goodies for you to buy to aid you on your journey. Just like your favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwich, The Adventure pals is both nutty and sweet,with perhaps just a little crunch. It is lighthearted, goofy fun no matter what your age.
Game FeaturesExplore five distinct worlds, all with their own unique characters and quests.
Level up by defeating baddies to improve your health, stabbin', or rock-smashin'.
Gameplay that's easy to pick up, but ramps up the challenge as you go.
A fun and funny story with a bizarre but lovable cast and hilarious cartoon cutscenes.
Battle such dazzling, creative bosses as vegetables, breakfast, a tree, and more!
Play by yourself, or with a bestie in co-op mode.
Three words: Giraffe. Helicopter. Tongue.
This is you! One minute it’s your birthday, the next your Papa is being stolen from you right before your eyes! Thrust into the role of adventurer, when all you’d rather be doing is opening presents, you quickly realise that you are a natural at this baddie-bashing, grapple-swinging, toaster-popping, quest-completing, experience-leveling, treasure-seeking malarky. But will you be able to rescue your Papa and stop Mr B’s diabolical plans in time?
Sparkles The Giraffe
Friend. Philosopher. MENSA member. Giraffe. Sparkles has many talents beyond being a mere mount. Use her not-at-all-creepy helicopter-like tongue to slow and direct your fall, or her long neck to yank yourself to distant enemies for devastating combo finishers, or up to those hard-to-reach platforms to y’know... jump higher
When you need somebody sturdy you can lean on for support, call Mr. Rock, because, well... he's a literal rock. Maybe he's a bit of a smart-aleck, but don't take him for granite... you’ll discover he has some pretty awesome abilities to unlock as you adventure through the game
25. Escape Goat
Escape Goat is a puzzle platformer where you take control of a goat, who has been imprisoned for witchcraft, and overcome traps and obstacles to escape the Prison of Agnus. Fear not, for with your supreme agility, sturdy horns, and the help of a magic mouse friend, you can turn the tables on foes and use the environment to your advantage.
- Ten unique zones to conquer. Can you reach and rescue the friendly sheep in each?
- Tackle over 50 rooms of puzzles. Find hidden machinery and destructible elements to transform them and reach the exit!
- Built-in, fully featured level editor. Create, modify and share entire game worlds.
Escape Goat reigned for 20 months at the #1 spot on the IndieGamerChick leaderboard (November 2011-July 2013)!
The sheep are slumbering... can you awaken them all?
Experience the story of a small group of German soldiers sent to a small town to investigate strange activities. The task was supposed to be fast and easy. Instead, they would face the Unimaginable
Find out how they had to fail their country to save the world
Inspired by Contra, Metal Slug, Castle Crashers and all of those good old coop games
+Level up. Unlock new characters. Earn points. Purchase Weapons. Show off what you have
+Enter the Arena. Test your skill against challenging Fights
+Customize spawns for your own Arena
+Be a lone Hero or team up with friends and start having fun blasting
Overture is a rogue-like 2D action game developed by Black Shell Games.
The game shares many similarities with other rogue-like games. In Overture, you take a role of one of 24 characters and explore the randomly-generated dungeons for loot slaying hordes of monsters and fearsome bosses.
There are four types of characters in the game: warriors, rogues, mages, and shamans. At first, you only have one character per type. Like most other games in the genre, Overture uses a permadeath system which means that there is no way to respawn and after you die battling in a dungeon you start next run from the beginning. After game over you gain some amount of money depending on how well you made this time. You can spend it to unlock new characters or upgrade the ones that you already have.
You control your character using mouse and keyboard. The control scheme reminds of twin-stick shooters. You walk with WASD, aim with mouse and attack with mouse buttons. You can also use magic spells and special abilities. The most notable gameplay mechanic in Overture is running away from enemies. To do so, you have to stop attacking and start going in the direction of the mouse pointer. Mastering this mechanic is essential for surviving in the dungeons. Throughout the dungeons, you can find various useful weapons and items that can boost your stats.
28. Corpse Party
Kisaragi Academy student Mayu Suzumoto is transferring to a new high school, leaving behind a sizable group of friends and countless lovely memories. To help her cope with this move, her friend Ayumi has devised a seemingly innocent plan: the whole group will come together to perform a charm she found on the internet called “Sachiko Ever After,” which is supposed to bind all of its participants together as friends to the end.
This does not go as expected.
Following an intense earthquake, the group awakens to find themselves separated and trapped in an alternate reality version of Heavenly Host Elementary, a tragedy-stricken institution that once stood on the site of their own school but was torn down long ago. Here, the vengeful spirits of elementary-aged children threaten their lives and their sanity, and the only hope of escape – much less survival – is to uncover the chilling details surrounding the murders of those trapped before them.
Corpse Party is the original Windows edition of the cult classic horror game that gained a considerable fanbase when released on Sony’s PlayStation®Portable system in 2011. Beginning life as an independent RPG Maker adventure title in 1996, the gameplay was greatly refined and the story greatly expanded for this 2008 remake, featuring more characters, more detailed interactions, darker story elements, over 5,000 lines of voice-acting and dozens of shocking, gruesome endings. Players take control of nine main characters and several side characters who’ve been split up into groups of two or three and trapped in a run-down, otherworldly elementary school full of vengeful spirits, deadly mysteries and – of course – corpses. As they walk around examining objects and bodies in an atmospheric 2D environment, a horror tale spanning over 50 years begins to unfold, and player choices determine both how the story ends and who lives to see it through.KEY FEATURESHighly Detailed Retro-Style Graphics Used to Enhance Atmosphere
Modeled after the very first RPG Maker Corpse Party, the game’s 16-bit-style 2D visuals help create an intentional disconnect that sparks the imagination, leading the player to envision far worse things than even the most powerful next-gen system could display.
Adventure-Style Gameplay Where Your Decisions Make All the Difference
Playing like a cross between a point-and-click adventure game and a classic JRPG sans battles, Corpse Party gives players the freedom to thoroughly explore every last corner of Heavenly Host Elementary School, significantly altering the course of the story and its final conclusion based on where the characters go and what they do.
Chapter-Based Storytelling with PC-Exclusive Content
The tale is told through five main chapters with multiple endings each and numerous scenes that differ from the game’s PSP™ system and Nintendo 3DS™ system counterparts. In addition, there are four bonus chapters, one of which is a PC-exclusive retelling of the “Tooth” story from Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, recreated with added content in classic Corpse Party adventure style.
Original Japanese Voice Cast and Character Art plus Text Skip Feature
Over 5,000 lines of spoken Japanese dialogue from the original indie voice cast complement the action, giving new spins on familiar characters for series veterans. In addition, the original PC-exclusive character art is fully intact, and dedicated players seeking every ending are given a speedy fast-forward function to make replays a breeze.
The Game That Started It All
When first released in 2008, this title sparked a Corpse Party boom in Japan: remakes, sequels, spin-offs, fan games, manga, anime, a live-action drama series and more, as well as countless Corpse Party-inspired horror games created by other indie developers in the same style. Come see how it all began, and experience the horror the way it was meant to be seen...
29. SAS: Zombie Assault 4
A virus outbreak on a distant trans-federation planet unleashes horrors from humanity's past. A powerful, rapidly growing zombie horde threatens the very existence of humankind, and the only ones capable of fighting back are the highly skilled, highly weaponized special forces of the S A S. Choose from 3 unique character classes, maximize the fully customizable skill tree, and select from hundreds of weapons and armor pieces to build the ultimate zombie killing hero. Play dynamic, challenging levels in single player or 4 player cooperative multiplayer and give our ravaged civilization its last best hope for survival.
Zombies swarm the screen, exploding into bits under your hail of bullets. Each of the 17 unique zombie types have special attacks and behavior, and they can evolve - manifesting terrifying new powers as you progress through the game. And just when you think you've beat them all, savage boss zombies hunt you down, puking out acid worms or storming after you in rage mode. Learn their strengths and weaknesses as you lead the action across 7 story-driven maps with varying victory conditions.
UNBEATABLE 4 PLAYER CO-OP
Quickmatch with up to 3 other players of similar level and use the custom skills and weapons chosen by all players to form an effective fire team. Coordinate auto-turret placements, high level room-clearing powers like Assault Team, Aerial Bombardment, and Zombie Antidote, and move physics objects to create temporary cover while you paint the room red.
HEAPS OF EPIC LOOT
Over 160 incredible guns and armor pieces are locked up tight inside increasingly rare strongboxes that you can find in secret rooms or on the mangled remains of your enemies. Your loadout includes a pistol and two rifle class weapons - choose from fast firing submachine guns, devastating shotguns, high damage assault rifles, brutal machine guns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers, lightning guns, and more. Armor up for protection against physical, thermal, and chemical attacks, then round out your arsenal with auto-turrets, grenades, and special high damage ammo to rip through the undead before they rip through you.
AMAZING RPG-STYLE UPGRADES
The Assault, Medic, and Heavy Gunner classes each have unique upgrade trees, giving each character 19 skills to customize. Hundreds of guns and armor pieces have a range of grades and a powerful RED version when you reach high levels. In addition you can add powerful augmentations to your guns and gear which enhance core properties like damage and rate of fire, but can also improve reload time, resist damage, and heal.
30. Fidel: Dungeon Rescue
Fidel is a roguelike where you can REWIND. <br/><br/>A puzzle-crawler where you trace a path through monsters, treasure and magic.<br/><br/>No grinding, no filler, loads fast, quick to play, and there are many secrets to uncover!<br/><br/>(Don't forget to bark)<br/><br/><strong>Anniversary Update</strong> - Including Daily Challenges, OST (free!), gameplay improvements and even a hidden videogame!<br/><br/>
31. Castle of no Escape 2
Prepare yourself for the dangers of the cursed castle! Countless heroes have tried and failed to destroy the ancient spell that holds its walls. Meanwhile, hundreds of monsters are roaming inside, guarding the sword shards — the last known thing to be capable of defeating the demonic castle owner, thus shattering its magical structure.
Although, you are not alone — some help could be obtained from the merchants, who, for reasons not truly understood, offer their services right inside the lair of evil. Though, it seems to be only a matter of time for them to disappear...
Explore 6 x 6 x 6 = 216 rooms of randomly generated hazards and enemies while collecting the necessary artefacts. Plan your next step carefully, because save points aren't a thing in a rogue-lite game! There is, however, another option, explained below.FEATURES
Battle System: Every character is different, try them all! Perform the Agile attack when you're in a pinch. Use armor and shields to your advantage and boost armor stats using the emblems.
PAL/NTSC modes: If the game feels too unforgiving, you can tone down the difficulty, lowering the framerate to 50 (PAL). Note, though, that music and sounds become more evil at the 83% of their original pitch.
Password System: Just like in an old NES game, in this game you need to input 13 characters to get back to your game session. Still, the powers of evil prevent you from saving anything much more than the artefacts you've found...
Unfold the mystery: Defeat minibosses to unlock more playable characters.CREDITS
Game by D. E. X. and Kolenka Team
Trailer by Dr. Zlo
Portuguese-Brazil translation by Gianvelox
We're open to translators! Get the game to YOUR language!
32. Pink Hour
Playing as the pink-clad office lady appearing in Kero Blaster - the 2D scrolling action game - you must make your way through a cave to escape the enemy's clutches.
Find the missing documents and defeat your opponents by jumping over them.
Clear the game by returning safely back to the office with the reclaimed documents in hand.
Hard mode includes a new special ending that you won't want to miss!
33. Shooty Skies
Dodge the bullets, shoot the enemies, defeat the bosses!
Take to the skies for an endless-arcade shooter that is fast, furious and formidable!
- Collect over 200 daring pilots over 20 different terrains.
- Change the intensity from Scouty to Screamy, if you dare!
- Earn a multitude of achievements
- Challenging daily missions
- Guns! Missiles! Badgers!
Get flying now!
34. Invisigun Heroes
Invisigun Heroes is a multiplayer, single-screen stealth battle arena with a twist: everyone’s invisible! Predictable grid-based movement ensures that you know where you are, but other players don’t. Vigilance is key as environmental tells such as footprints and other disturbances will point out careless cadets. Using special abilities and firing your Invisigun will also momentarily give you away. Along with items and powerups, these mechanics reward stealth, trickery, reflex, forethought, deception, bluffing, and awareness. A variety of lovingly-made environments, maps, game modes, and abilities combine for high replayability and a deep path to mastery.
Multi-playerCompete with up to 4 friends or bots on a single screen Single-playerTest your skills in a single player challenge mode with 3 skill levels Online PlayMix and match local and online players Controller SupportControl your hero using gamepads or the keyboard Pixel ArtEnjoy hand-crafted pixel art made with care Unique HeroesBattle your friends using a variety of heroes, each with unique special abilities Many EnvironmentsExplore 60 maps spread across 5 planets, each with unique interactivity, hazards, and weather effects Unique Game ModesChoose from a variety of game modes playable on every map for deep replayability Match ModifiersCustomize the game mode conditions with match modifiers Instant ReplaysView hilariously revealing instant replays that expose tactics Export GIFsSave instant replays as animated GIFs Full SoundtrackGroove to the custom pulsing, ambient soundtrack composed by Paper Sound
SurvivalLast hero standing wins a point each round HunterEvery kill earns a point during the rounds Zone ControlMaintain control of the zone to score points DeadlineMost kills within a time limit wins CarrierSurvive while controlling the token Land GrabClaim the most territory to win Beast TamerTame the wild beasts and collect rewards to win
35. Blazing Beaks
Birds with guns are blazing the way out through the piles of mutants, monsters and creepy creatures to stop the invasion. Gathering items and artefacts is essential to survive in this fast-paced colorful roguelite. Lots of mysteries to unravel, secrets to find and levels to explore.Game modes
Story mode (1-2 local players) - it's an explosive adventure where you are fighting the invaders and searching for the origin of evil. Endless pile of enemies you can shoot, blast, zap and disintegrate every way you want. Cute and charming world with challenging levels full of surprises.
Tournament mode (2-4 local players) - it’s battle experience where you compete with your friends to find out who's the real hero.
- Deathmatch - Everyone by themselves. Last beak standing wins.
- One gun mode - Each player starts with the same randomly chosen weapon which cannot be changed in that round.
- Drop Hearts mode - A player drops some hearts when he is hurt and either he or any other player can collect them.
- Skull keeper mode - Grab and keep the golden skull without losing it for a certain amount of time and all your opponents will lose 1 HP.
- Hunting mode - Each player starts with a spear in their possession. Once you throw it, you need to grab it before you can throw it again.
36. Serious Sam's Bogus Detour
Serious Sam’s Bogus Detour is an all-new action-adventure in the legendary Serious Sam saga from Hammerwatch developer Crackshell. Battle through beautiful Mediterranean locales, dangerous biological weapons labs and even high-tech moon bases as a one-man wrecking crew or in four-player online cooperative for maximum chaos! Dominate the chaotic Survival and Versus modes or make your own mods, modes, and even total conversions with the include game editor. Serious Sam’s Bogus Detour is the biggest little Serious Sam game ever made!
Campaign Mode: Solo or 2 – 4 Players Online with Experience and Level Up Perk System
Versus Mode: Deathmatch and More for Up to 12 Players
Survival Mode: Solo or Up to 12 Players
Full Mod Support: Game Editor and Dozens of Mods Ready or In Development
37. Undead Horde
Become a necromancer and raise the dead - Undead Horde is a necromantic action game with elements from RPG, strategy and hack'n'slash. You'll battle against the evil humans who've driven the necromancers and their undead minions into exile. You'll re-animate all kinds of creatures and build an army of up to 100 undead. You'll army follows you or attacks by itself depending on your commands.
Explore and conquer a fantasy world filled with creatures from humans to giant scorpions
Re-animate your slain enemies and make them part of your undead army
Endless number of new weapons, trinkets and magical items
Level up and create the necromancer of your nightmares
Sell and trade your loot with various merchants
Manage shops with upgrades
You will channel the dark energies to re-animate the dead. The more powerful you become, the more undead you can re-animate and control. Most enemies you meet and vanquish are potential additions to your army!
Necromancers can choose from three disciplines each time they become more powerful: Executioner, Re-Animator or Arcanist. You can stick to a discipline or make a hybrid.
Executioner discipline focuses on dealing damage and survivability.
Re-Animator focuses on building the largest army.
Arcanist focuses on casting spells and having a large manapool.
The world is filled with items you can use to grow your power. You can choose which items to equip and which items to sell. Items will give devastating powers and enhance your necromancer in various ways.
Undead Horde is being developed by 10tons Ltd. Current estimated release date is late 2018. Music: “In Light Of Darkness” by Jay Man
38. Fossil Echo
Fossil Echo is a short and challenging story driven platformer with hand drawn 2D graphics. Set in a fantastical world, it tells a wordless tale of adventure and mystery.Features
- Varied and detailed environments
- Hand animated 2D characters
- Over 15 minutes of fully animated cutscenes
- A wordless, mysterious story
- Breathtaking orchestral score
- Very dynamic and demanding platforming gameplay
- Tense stealth mechanics
- Easy Mode lets you enjoy the story without worrying too much about the challenge.
- Well hidden secrets and unlockables
- No HUD or on-screen indications
- Speedrun-Friendly (in-game timers...)
Influenced by the Oddworld series, Ico, and Shadow of the Collosus, as well as Studio Ghibli films, Fossil Echo tells the story of a young boy and his journey to climb a giant tower in the middle of the sea. How and why he got there are questions that will be answered via playable flashbacks during his ascent. The game offers over 15 minutes of fully animated cutscenes and the story is told without any dialogue or written text.Gameplay
Fossil Echo mixes old-school, "die & retry" platforming gameplay with some stealth elements. As in Abe's Oddysee and Another World, you have little margin for error; precise movement and timing is required to get through and avoid confrontation, as the character is young, weak, and unable to fight or kill, most of the time...Art
Fossil Echo features a detailed art style, with pre-rendered/hand painted backgrounds and hand animated 2D characters. Adopting the style of animated film, it presents an array diverse environments, from lush forest to snow covered tower. With no HUD or any indications displayed on screen, the game aims at immersing you from start to finish.Sound
The world of Fossil Echo is brought to life by over two hours of unique, original music by John Robert Matz (Gunpoint, Rodina) and sound design by Gordon McGladdery (Rogue Legacy, Fantastic Contraption). Music and sound work in concert to set the mood and highlight the story and actions during gameplay and cutscenes.
Fossil Echo is developed by Phil Crifo (Story, Art & Design), Thierry Boura (Programming), John Robert Matz (Music), and A Shell In The Pit (Sound Design).
39. Bloo Kid 2
Bloo Kid 2 is a classic 2D retro-style platformer experience with lovely designed pixel-graphics and a full chiptune soundtrack. Run, jump and swim your way through five huge worlds with twelve levels each. Master brutal bossfights and discover lots of secrets in the world of Bloo Kid 2.
After rescuing his girlfriend from the hands of the evil wizard, Bloo Kid and Pink Girl enjoy life with their newborn "Pink Kid". But then, a whole new adventure starts just out of the bloo...
Originally released as a mobile game, Bloo Kid 2 now makes it's way to the world of Desktop Gaming. The STEAM version includes 15 challenging bonus levels that can be unlocked ingame when you have collected enough stars.
Bloo Kid 2 features:
- five worlds with twelve levels each
- handcrafted, colorful pixel-graphics
- a full chiptune soundtrack
- epic boss battles
- tons of secrets
40. Starward Rogue
- Roguelite catacombs that evolve and expand with each of your successes.
- Hundreds of items, enemies and rooms, and dozens of epic boss fights.
- Fully playable with keyboard+mouse or gamepad.
- 5 difficulty levels range from "Relatively Easy" to "Nigh Impossible."
- Play as a "head in a mech" harvested from the neck of everyone's favorite Hydral.
- Find secrets of The Megalith, a giant structure lodged in a star, as you lose many heads.
- Figure out what happened to Rodney, an AI redshirt of uncertain motives.
- Over-the-top mod support. Detailed wiki: create enemies, items, weapons, and rooms.
- Secrets! Among them "incredibilities" that massively change the way the game plays.
- Varied mech suits: dipole magnetism, time control, and more.
- Upgrade during each "run" via EXP/Perks, shops, and items found while exploring.
41. Still Not Dead
Still Not Dead is DOOM + NUCLEAR THRONE
Shoot everything that moves with super slick and satisfying gunplay in order to unlock the exits before death arrives to chase you out of the stage. Collect money to buy more than 30+ randomly spawning items and weapons. Pick a blessing or curse before moving onto the next procedurally generated stage, which drastically changes how each run plays out. Each stages becomes more bloody and brutal as you progress so make good use of your time before death comes for you. The game combines satisfying gunplay with open environments and tactical semi-random gameplay with a lot of choice as you manage your weapons, items, money, health, stamina, stage time, monsters, blessings, curses..etc
- 30+ unique weapons and items
- 40+ blessings and curses that change how you approach each run
- Fully destructible environments, dynamic fire and weather system
- Massive hordes of monsters in an open sandbox world
- 'Pick up n play' gameplay, gets you right into the game
- Hand drawn pixel-art and original soundtrack
A DEV THAT CARES:
- Check the discussion boards, I read them and respond
- I have over 10 years experience making games such as: Use Boxmen, SkullFace, Tony Eagle..etc (which you can play online, some of which have won awards)
- I respond to every review and video I can find
- I frequently update the game during early access
42. Hyperspace Invaders II: Pixel Edition
Hyperspace Invaders II: Pixel Edition is a hardcore, uncompromising vertical scrolling bullet hell/invader hell shooter (shmup) that doubles as a techno-based lightsynth, triggering bursts of funky invaders at the pulse of a relentless beat.
HIII:PE also features an extra track/level by French flashcore artist HFK, pushing the engine to a gameplay tempo of 360BPM.
- Hardcore, uncompromising vertical scrolling bullet hell/invader hell action.
- Tempo-synced Gameplay (invader movement, bulletpatterns and more get triggered at the pulse of a beat)
- Adaptive Difficulty (harder as you play better)
- Generative Gameplay (never the same level twice)
- Dominate the Steam Leaderboards and unlock all the Achievements!
- Full Controller Support (+ Vibration)
- An OST of 10 tracks by renowned artists in the world of electronic music, such as: Carl Finlow / Ronny Ragtroll / Karl Lihagen / Atomhead / Subjex / Zuvuya / Mergel / NoProblemCore / Psykovsky & Arcek / HFK and WK(ES).
43. Pistol Whip
Inspired by God-mode action movies like John Wick and Equilibrium, Pistol Whip throws you gun-first into an explosive batch of hand-crafted action sequences each set to their own breakneck soundtrack. But unlike traditional music games, Pistol Whip has no line in the sand; you have complete freedom to shoot, melee, and dodge targets to the rhythm YOU see fit.
- Pair the pulse-pounding pace of an FPS with the flow-state energy of a music game in a cinematic symphony of violence.
- Form your rhythm and find your playstyle, from tactical to musical, then challenge your skill with friends and world leaderboards.
- Infiltrate a fever dream of hand-crafted sequences, from bank heists to android uprisings, each uniquely designed to music.
- Take it over-the-top with a variety of gameplay mods, such as Dual Wield, to enable the ultimate gun kata experience.
- Constant momentum and comfort-first design allows non-stop speed without the fear of motion sickness.
- Featuring EDM artists from Kannibalen Records, including Apashe, HVDES, and Black Tiger Sex Machine; with more to come...
44. To Hell with Hell
Apocalypse has arrived. And you are going to hell. Not because Natasia has been a bad girl, which she has been for sure. But because Asmodius, ruler of hell himself is calling. And he needs your help, as he got locked away by his enemies. There’s only one credo now: To hell with hell and the gruesome creatures it spit out! To Hell with Hell throws you, the last loyal child of Asmodius into a fight you can hardly win. In a classic Bullet Hell rogue-like crawler with unicorns and bananas you’ll survive deadly traps and fight dozens and dozens of mad demonic enemies.
It’s Showtime: Are you going to despair, because you are just a mortal weakling, a common human being? Well, that ain’t a Problem! Take a mask and become whomever you want to be. You can transform into a Knight, a Demon or even a Clown - the choice shall be yours. In “To Hell with Hell” masks define your skills and you can combine them as you want.
Chose. Your. Weapon: To shovel or to mortar, that's the question here. End the lives of your enemies your way. Take your Sword or your Pumpgun - it is up to you. How will you defeat the demonic mobs? Slice them, blast them - make it their worst day in hell!
Hell is not the end of the road: Wait until hell has frozen over? That’s indeed a possibility here, cause there are more places than the heated home of the demons. And once you’ve reached the frosty caves, your journey will be far from over!
45. Starr Mazer: DSP
Starr Mazer: DSP is a side-scrolling shoot’em up in the same vein as classics like Gradius and Lords of Thunder with a roguelike twist on the traditional lives/continues system. Players take control of a squadron of DSP pilots with different ships, weapon loadouts and voices. Your mission is to battle through nine frantic arcade levels, countless waves of enemies, 3 powerful bosses, and take down the G’ell Super Ship in a single run.
The citizens of Thersa-CPIX are at war and we’re not sending one hero to the fight, we’re sending EVERYONE!
- Levels - Battle through nine Levels, across three intense arcade-style bullet-filled acts! Take the fight from the surface of war torn Thersa-CPIX to the Space Gate and up to the heart of the G’ell Super Ship; the Adamastor!
- Recruit - Recruit a diverse team of humans, aliens, and a dog! Hand pick your DSP team before every mission using their weapons, stats and battle order to your advantage!
- SK:ORE - The fight never ends with SK:ORE! There are no game overs in this battle! Use your SK:ORE from fallen enemies and Carbomite pickups to purchase a new squadron of pilots!
- Unlock Pilots - Discover legendary pilots! Give your squadron an edge in battle with unique legendary pilots like Slimo, Bunny Killmaster, Don Thacker and many more!
- Power Up - Power up your weapons for maximum destruction! Collect Carbomite from fallen foes to power up your primary fire or to fuel your super weapon!
Starr Mazer: DSP was born as a passion project during the development of its bigger brother, the point-and-click SHMUP hybrid, Starr Mazer. Originally, Imagos Softworks teamed up with veteran development studio Pixeljam to craft a demo environment to test weapons, enemy attack patterns and space combat. When both teams couldn’t stop playing the single demo level they designed, they knew they were onto something very, very special.
Shortly after, Don Thacker and Miles Tilmann started working tirelessly to crack the code and turn the little demo into a unique fully featured experience. After playing Rogue Legacy, Don was inspired to craft an elegant roguelike game loop to add a refreshing update to the shooter genre. Thus the DSP MkI Corp was founded and a perilous battle that pitted thousands of pilots against the G’ell invasion was born!
A unique game mechanic alone isn’t enough to be memorable. So to bring the world to life in stunning pixel art, the team enlisted Starr Mazer art director Maximo V. Lorenzo, lead artist PixelPiledriver, background artist Christopher Pariano and programmer Justo Delgado Baudí. Arcade High also joins with an intense synthwave soundtrack to round out the experience and take what was once a single demo test level into a fully realized shoot’em up experience!
Hi there! It’s Dan, Playism’s senior content manager. Starr Mazer as a whole is a project I’m very close to and I wanted to say a few words about it.
A major cornerstone of my video game experiences growing up was sitting in front of the TV playing hours of Life Force, R-Type and Gradius. What enraptured me about these games were the stories they told in their boxart, levels, the kinds of enemies that appeared, the bosses and the way they implied humanity’s imminent extinction. These were stories that not only came alive in my imagination, but that were also clearly communicated in pixel art that was not always so clear. Despite low-fi graphics, the experience was profoundly hi-fidelity.
It was a trend that I didn’t feel followed the genre as a whole. Cave took SHMUP story-telling to new heights with Mushihimesama and Death Smiles; Treasure did so with Radiant Silver Gun and Ikaruga. However, I felt the stories in those games came across quite differently as my attention was drawn toward moments and bullets rather than stages and bosses. Impressive as they were, my focus was simply on other things—like not dying horribly.
As I came to know Don’s work in film, such as his shorts and feature length film, Motivational Growth, I understood where Starr Mazer: DSP’s strengths in story came from. And talking with him about classic and modern games I finally understood how Imagos Softworks and Pixeljam were seamlessly blending modern roguelike designs with old school, horizontal, SHMUP story-telling.
Starr Mazer: DSP will be my first personal experience with Early Access and I’m thrilled to see where this adventure goes. I can’t wait to undertake it with you.
46. Bullet Heaven 2
Dodge hundreds of thousands of beautiful bullets!
Bullet Heaven 2 is a shoot-em-up spinoff of the Epic Battle Fantasy series.
It's a game all about shooting everything that moves, while dodging hundreds of bullets per second!
Bullet Heaven 2 features:
- Mesmerizing bullet patterns and tons of cute monsters to shoot in the face.
- 70 unique levels, including epic boss battles and endless survival levels.
- 18 awesome musical tracks from Phyrnna! (Soundtrack available as Free DLC!)
- Up to 4 players can play in local co-op.
- Support for mouse, keyboard, or controller controls.
- 8 playable characters, each with several different weapons and costumes.
- 3 difficulties: Normal (25% bullets), Hard (50% bullets), and Heavenly (100% bullets).
- Unlockable cheats and handicaps, which can be used to customize the difficulty further.
- Tons of achievements, unlockables, and ranks to collect.
- Lots of juvenile dialogue from the characters and plenty of video game references.
47. The Legend of Dark Witch
The Legend of Dark Witch is a 2D platform action game.
Zizou can learn new attacks by defeating bosses.
She will need every one of those attacks if she is going to save the world.
-A magical world beautifully depicted through in-game graphics.
-Diverse levels that provide a fair challenge.
-Additional bonuses that reward those who replay the game.
-3 difficulty modes.
You need to solve puzzles. Destroy all shapes. If you cant pass level just click on hint button. Click on screen to open menu and choose levels. Hold mouse button and try to destroy shapes after that will be next level. There are 70 levels that will more difficult than previous one
Game Features :
Use hint to clear the Levels
More than 70+ levels
49. In Celebration of Violence
In Celebration of Violence is a fantasy action roguelike of exploration and murder. The methodical combat requires that you plan your attacks, dodges, blocks, and parries while considering your opponents and the environment. Death is permanent but you can improve your stats and purchase items to aid future lives.
Large, procedurally generated and interconnected lands range from plains, to swamps, to cities, to dungeons. These lands offer multiple paths to reach the variety of final bosses. Dungeons are a dangerous but rewarding risk. In dungeons you will have to move slowly and be on the lookout for traps and secrets while searching for the exit.
Elements interact with each other and the environment. Fire reacts to the temperature, weather, and any flammable objects, especially people. Electricity will arc towards entities and is especially dangerous around water. The chances of rain or snow adjust organically to the area’s climate and can become both a hindrance and an advantage.
The shrines of multiple gods litter the land. Players can choose to pray to shrines they come across to receive a variety of favors, bonuses, and items. One must choose carefully though; every god has a different price and some become displeased when their rival is the subject of worship. Some gods may also become angered by actions the player takes while adventuring, such as destroying foliage or killing civilians.
Scores of weapons, items, spells, and mementos are scattered throughout the world to find. One may acquire a powerful enchanted ballista early into one life, only for the next to yield nothing more than a couple of wooden clubs.
Mementos represent objects remembered from past lives and change the rules of gameplay. You may discover a memento that summons spiders from enemy corpses, improves your stats while on fire, or reverses the effects of death.
There are multiple paths to victory. One could be nimble and stealthy, charge in waving a hammer, raise an army of undead, harness a variety of spells, manipulate enemies into traps or flames, amass resources to acquire the most powerful items, or simply play it safe with a sword and a shield. The various characters simply offer different starting points, every decision is your own.
No life is predetermined for success. The cheery graphics disguise a brutal and unyielding experience. Unforeseen obstacles will need to be dealt with in real time and even a regular enemy will be deadly if you’re not careful. To reach the end, players will need to demonstrate that they are able to consistently overcome these obstacles. Failure can halt or even reverse progress.
As you accumulate experience, discover schematics, and defeat bosses you can become permanently better prepared to tackle future challenges. The choices and advantages a player has at the beginning of a playthrough will dramatically increase as they play. New characters, items, and bonuses are unlocked in ways that are only hinted at during gameplay.
50. Earth Overclocked
Earth Overclocked is a twin-stick shooter with rogue-like elements, set in a distorted version of our world where trees are evil, snowmen have lasers, and monsters run amok. After a scientist's time machine explodes while traveling to the past, he finds himself trapped in this hostile, parallel dimension. Now he must reassemble the time machine and escape before this warped reality collapses in on itself. Fortunately, a variety of bizarre and powerful weapons are scattered throughout the land to aid him in his quest. Arm the Scientist with shotguns, boomerangs, cannons, magical swords, and even cheese to help him survive!
With only 20 minutes to explore, blast monsters, and rebuild his time machine; surviving Earth Overclocked isn't going to be easy.
In true rogue-like fashion death is permanent, but procedurally generated environments combined with permanently unlockable weapons, game modes, and abilities makes each playthrough feel like fresh experience. Features
- Blast monsters by yourself, or team up with up to 3 friends in Local Multiplayer!
- Short, intense burst of gameplay ideal for lunch breaks.
- Challenging, rewarding gameplay with that will have you saying "just one more run".
- Non-linear exploration. Achieve the objectives in any order. (Or follow the game's suggested route.)
- Randomly generated forests, dungeons, and enemies. No two runs are the same!
- Permanent death. Failing results in a reset, but unlockable weapons, abilities, and game modes persist across runs.
- 6 different environments and dungeon themes.
- 4 main classes unlocked from the start, each with different starting weapons and passive abilities.
- 2 bonus unlockable classes.
- 40+ enemy types with unique behaviors and attacks.
- 20+ difficult boss encounters. Fight a different group of bosses every playthrough!
- 30+ gameplay-altering weapon types.
- 35+ pieces of unlockable content which change or add to the experience.
- Stats of both enemies and weapons are procedurally generated.
- An unlockable difficulty mode with even more challenges and rewards.