The best games like To the Moon are:
- arrow_rightA Hat in Time
- arrow_rightThe Messenger (2001)
- arrow_rightMages of Mystralia
- arrow_rightDon't Knock Twice
- arrow_rightThe Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr
- arrow_rightWarhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy
14 Best Games Like To the Moon:
Filter by Platform PlayStation 4arrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (17)
- PlayStation 4 (25)
- iOS (31)
- Android (23)
- macOS (76)
- Linux (55)
- Nintendo Switch (16)
- Nintendo 3DS (2)
- Nintendo DS (5)
- Xbox 360 (16)
- Xbox (2)
- PlayStation 3 (15)
- PlayStation 2 (6)
- PlayStation (4)
- PS Vita (3)
- PSP (2)
- Wii U (1)
- Wii (4)
- Game Boy Advance (3)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (2)
- SNES (2)
- NES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (3)
- Atari ST (2)
- Genesis (3)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (1)
- Dreamcast (1)
- 3DO (1)
- Web (3)
1. A Hat in Time
A Hat in Time is a cute-as-heck 3D platformer featuring a little girl who stitches hats for wicked powers.A little girl and her spaceshipIn A Hat in Time you play as a tiny space-travelling girl with a big tophat. Her adventure is halted when all her fuel, the Time Pieces, is lost and scattered across a nearby planet. Hat Kid must now jump, fight and stitch new hats to make her way into every nook and cranny of this new world in order to restore her fuel and resume her journey. On her way, she'll bump into the menacing Mafia of Cooks, the goofy birds of Dead Bird Studio, the spooky shadows of Subcon Forest, and more!Murder on a train! Parades! Trespassing in a movie studio?Every mission in A Hat in Time is unique! At one moment you'll be solving the Murder on the Owl Express by finding clues and interrogating the locals, the next moment you'll be the band marshal in The Big Parade, or sneaking through the bird-run Dead Bird Studio!Small child, giant worldsJump freely around in 5 massive worlds with new adventures to discover around every corner! Just like any child, Hat Kid loves to climb and explore, no mountain is too big for her sense of adventure. She can do multiple jump moves, as well as climb walls, and swing over gaps!Cute hats, magical yarn and snappy badgesBy finding and collecting rare magical yarn, Hat Kid can stitch new cute hats with a variety of abilities, including a witch hat that allows her to cook explosive concoctions, and a wooden ghost mask that allows her to peek into other dimensions. Hats can become even more powerful, by attaching badges that are found, sold and traded by the locals!Community-funded, community-focusedA Hat in Time was successfully funded on Kickstarter, reaching nearly 10 times its goal! In order to celebrate our community, A Hat in Time is releasing with full modding and Steam Workshop support, an in-game screenshot mode, and more!
Thumper is rhythm violence: classic rhythm-action, blistering speed, and brutal physicality. You are a space beetle. Brave the hellish void and confront a maniacal giant head from the future.
Scream down the endless track and crash through punishing obstacles with simple, airtight controls. Hurtle forward, master new moves, reach overwhelming velocities, and survive epic boss battles. Every crushing impact is interwoven with a pounding original soundtrack. To reach synesthetic bliss, you must go through rhythm hell.
Play in traditional HD or fully immersive VR (SteamVR or Oculus).
- Nine levels of Rhythm Hell
- Adrenalizing Boss Battles, including the terrifying Crakhed
- Simple Controls: one stick and one button
- Psychedelic Visuals
- Original Soundtrack by Brian Gibson of noise-rock band Lightning Bolt
3. The Messenger (2001)
Leveraging players expectations as a core game design ingredient, The Messenger is first presented as an 8-bit action platformer with a simple story, that unravels into an epic time traveling tale, eventually revealing itself as a 16-bit Metroidvania game packed with replay value and deadpan humor.
- An epic ninja adventure with challenging gameplay and tight controls
- Legit 8-bit and 16-bit art and music reminiscent of your favorite NES and SNES games
- Memorable cast of (often silly) villains, bosses and associates
- Catchy soundtrack by renowned chiptune composer Rainbowdragoneyes, made in Famitracker
- Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels and story arcs to discover
- Challenging and visceral gameplay where mastery is a thing to behold
Shadowgate is one of the most well-known and beloved point-and-click adventure titles in gaming history. As one of the original titles in the popular MacVenture series that went on to be celebrated on the NES, GBC, and Nintendo 64, Shadowgate quickly endeared players with its fantastic atmospheric soundtrack, perilous locations to progress through, countless puzzles to solve, and more ways to gruesomely die than gamers previously thought possible. Thrust into the role of "The Seed of Prophecy," players travel deep into the living castle, in hopes of defeating the evil that dwells within – the dreaded Warlock Lord.
Now, nearly 30 years after the original version haunted Mac and NES gamers, the original development team behind that timeless classic is back with a full re-imagining of the original Shadowgate. Much more than a port, the team at Zojoi has painstakingly redesigned the game from the ground up, adding in tons of new mind-bending puzzles, lots of new rooms with stunning hand-painted 2D graphical detail, and more objects to interact with and help you along your quest.
Decide how YOU want to play this new, re-imagined Shadowgate! Want the modern adventure experience? Use the wheel-based icon command system. Want the retro experience? Employ the Classic command system and turn on the retro graphics, soundtrack, text box, and room transitions. Want a more cinematic experience? Switch to Immersive mode by auto-hiding the UI and using customizable hotkeys to explore the castle. Or mix and match the options to satisfy your play style. In Shadowgate, there are plenty of new features and fun throwbacks to the original version to satisfy veteran adventurers and newcomers alike!
- Customized UI: Play the way you want! Use modern wheel-based icon commands, classic on-screen commands, or jump into Immersive mode to auto-hide the UI elements. Create key binds, lock commands and keys, and more.
- The Dread Pumpkin Quest: A new mini-quest, find and free the Dread Pumpkin!
- First Person Adventuring: Utilize your inventory, mapping system, and intuitive UI to complete your quest.
- Dangerous Dungeons: Tons of beautifully illustrated rooms featuring both new and familiar locations, offering a new gameplay experiences.
- Mind-bending Puzzles: Lots of new and updated puzzles that seamlessly expand on the original game.
- Difficulty Levels: Four different difficulty levels (from the novice to expert) that actually change the gameplay experience and puzzle structure. For the ultimate challenge, try Ironman mode that disables saves and requires players to finish the game in one try.
- Retro Mode: Play the game like it’s 1989! Toggle on pixelated graphics, listen to Hiroyuki Masuno’s original NES chip tunes, move between rooms with NES transitions, and enjoy the text in retro format.
- Storytelling: Shadowgate features dramatic cut-scenes and all the same great storytelling you expect from the original creators.
- Cinematic Score: A digitally-orchestrated, dynamic soundtrack that changes with gameplay by composer Rich Douglas.
- Soundscapes: A complete atmospheric and puzzle-based sound design featuring hundreds of sound effects.
5. Mages of Mystralia
In the kingdom of Mystralia, it takes more brains than brawn to succeed. You will face down giant, powerful creatures and navigate treacherous terrain. You will encounter puzzles that confound even the wisest of the old sages. And you must overcome obstacles put in place by people who do not want you to succeed.
Your path will not be easy. In Mages of Mystralia, you play as Zia, a young girl who discovers that she has been born with an innate sense of magic. Unfortunately, magic has been banned, so she strikes off to train on her own to gain some control over her powers. On her journey, she meets other exiled mages and, discovers runes with magical properties and realizes that she can combine these runes in millions of different ways to come up with completely new spells.
The story was written by bestselling author Ed Greenwood, creator of the Forgotten Realms fantasy world for Dungeons and Dragons, which served as the basis for games like Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights, as well as about 170 fantasy books.
- Design spells to fight enemies, solve environmental puzzles and battle epic bosses
- Powerful yet simple spell crafting system
- Classic action-adventure with over a dozen of distinct regions to explore
- Original orchestral score conducted by Shota Nakama and performed by the Video Game Orchestra at SoundtRec Boston of Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts fame
6. Don't Knock Twice
To save her estranged daughter, a guilt-ridden mother must uncover the frightening truth behind the urban tale of a vengeful, demonic witch. Explore a grand manor house environment and interact with almost every object you see. To find and save your daughter, you will explore all depths of the manor, searching for hidden clues and wield items to fight or escape the terror that surrounds you. Developed alongside the 2017 horror film, Don’t Knock Twice, starring Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica).
“One knock to wake her from her bed, twice to raise her from the dead.”
Play with our without a VR device.VR FEATURESDon’t Knock Twice is designed to be played with our without a VR device.
Only one purchase is necessary, you will be given the option to play in VR or Non VR when starting the game. You are free to switch between modes and carry on where you left off.
A free VR demo available now on Steam for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift with Touch controls.VR LOCOMOTION- Walking Locomotion
- TeleportationGAMEPLAY AREA- Seated
- Room-ScaleSUPPORTED CONTROLSNon VR – Keyboard / Mouse, Standard Controller
Vive VR – Vive Hand Controllers
Oculus VR – Oculus Touch Controllers, Standard ControllerADDITIONAL VR FEATURES- Distance Grabbing or "Stretchy Hands" is an available option in Oculus VR Mode.
- One-Click 90 degree flip buttons are available in Oculus VR Mode.
7. The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr
Dragons return to Tamriel in The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, part of the Season of the Dragon year-long adventure! Explore the savannahs and canyons of Elsweyr, defend the home of the Khajiit from an ancient evil, and command the undead with the Necromancer class.
8. Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy
IMPORTANT: You don’t have to own Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr to play this game.
IMPORTANT: for Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr players: Existing characters, their items and their progress are carried over to the expansion, adjusted to the new 2.0 rules and mechanics. Owners of both Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr and Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy won't require separate clients to run the game and the expansion.WARHAMMER 40,000: INQUISITOR - PROPHECYDeep within the darkest reaches of the remote Caligari Sector, beyond barriers formed by churning Warp-surges, lies a vast area tainted by the Chaos Gods and threatened by the rise of the foul Xenos. On the barren Death Worlds the hideous Tyranids are slowly coming back from their hibernation, long decades after the defeat of their colossal Hive Fleet, while the Imperium of Mankind faces a new wave of unexplained attacks by Aeldari warriors fleeing their dying Craftworld. And if that wasn’t enough to alarm the Holy Inquisition, a mysterious presence with potentially devastating powers has returned from the Warp on the long-lost “Martyr”, destined to fulfil a prophecy that could change the fate of the entire Sector.A STAND-ALONE EXPANSIONWarhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy is a stand-alone expansion for the grim action-RPG Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr, set in the violent 41st millennium, when the galaxy is at constant war. Purge the unclean with the most powerful agents of the Imperium!
Now you can also carry out the Emperor’s will as a Tech-Adept Inquisitor, a former acolyte of the Adeptus Mechanicus who decided to join the Holy Ordos to become one of the mightiest agents of the Imperium; combining the sacred technological mysteries with the relentless dogma of the Inquisition, he has become an unstoppable force. Or continue the unfolding saga of the Alpha Pariah with one of the original three classes introduced in Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr in a Caligari Sector slowly succumbing to madness and war.KEY FEATURESNew class
Play as a Tech-Adept Inquisitor and summon and enhance units in battles to help you defeat enemies and complete investigations. This new summoner class comes with new unique abilities and mechanics and offers a unique skill-tree and various new melee and ranged builds.
New and Revamped Gameplay Elements
Inquisitor – Prophecy offers several features of Inquisitor – Martyr. These include 2-4 player co-op missions, destructible environments, all previous enemy races and units, and the unique gore of the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Moreover, Inquisitor – Prophecy is based on the 2.0 update for Inquisitor - Martyr, bringing the base game’s new level cap, redesigned loot system and levelling, the new end-game, the co-op campaign mode, new items and a much faster, ARPG-focused gameplay to the stand-alone expansion too.
The story that began in Inquisitor – Martyr continues in three new and stand-alone chapters, with one chapter solely focusing on the Tech-Adept Inquisitor investigating a great mystery which slowly ties into the unfolding plot.
Discover sacred monasteries, perilous research sanctums, unforgiving deserts and ruthless worlds churning with molten lava.
New Enemy Races
Inquisitor – Prophecy introduces the Eldar, including Howling Banshees, Fire Prisms, Warp Spiders and Swooping Hawks; and the Tyranids, including Carnifexes, Zoanthropes, Hormagaunts, Raveners – and many others.
9. N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure
N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure is a wonderful journey in a world of incredible beauty where a kid is the key to all locks and the night is not as frightening as we all could think.
Immerse yourself in a story-driven first-person game featuring puzzles with intuitive controls. The environment is heavily connected to the characters and their past. The world of N.E.R.O. is magical and varied, making exploring an ongoing challenge.
N.E.R.O. invites players to explore and experience feelings that are uncommon in video games, a game where the visual novel genre meets the puzzle game.
Join this magic adventure in an unknown world, playing the role of a kid followed by a mysterious black clothed companion. Discover through his eyes the history behind this tragic journey.
- N.E.R.O. features simple gameplay with accessible controls in a rich and atmospheric environment filled with puzzles.
- N.E.R.O. features unique dreamlike visuals with high-resolution textures and complex shaders
- N.E.R.O. is a mystery: nothing is as it seems. Only by solving all the puzzles and through exploring will you be able to discern the whole story.
- N.E.R.O.'s wonderful soundtrack is captivating and comes along with the design. A deep narrating voice will underline the experience, following the two characters in their journey.
- N.E.R.O.'s story is complex and cryptic. We wish players to discuss the meaning of the story on social networks, sharing thoughts and screenshots.
10. Future Unfolding
Future Unfolding is an action adventure that is all about exploration. Your goal is to unfold the mysteries and solve the puzzles hidden in the beautiful landscapes around you. There are no tutorials, and no one is telling you what to do.
During your journey you encounter different types of wild animals. Some of them are friendly and helpful. Other animals are dangerous — deadly, even. You need to avoid them, or find ways to turn them into friendly creatures.
You can leave the beaten path at any time and hunt down secrets in the forgotten woods. Or go explore in hidden caves. It’s okay to get lost — a detailed auto-map helps you to orient yourself. Over time you map out more and more of the vast environments. There is always a way out. But where to go after?
11. Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle
Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle is a unique puzzle game inspired by sliding puzzle and platformer games. In a twisted mansion made of rooms that slide like puzzle pieces, player should find a way to the exit by moving rooms and using what's inside them. As the player explores the mansion, various gadgets are introduced and make the puzzles more tricky and challenging.
Set in a fairy tale-like world full of magical objects and spooky stories, player takes a role of an innocent little girl, Anne, who was accidentally trapped in the mansion. As the story unfolds itself, player goes through the dark legend of the twisted mansion.
The game has 144 levels which are divided into 4 themes (mansions). Each mansion has basement levels where Anne can use her special abilities like using a cellphone to teleport, placing a bomb, and moving all rooms at once.
Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle is a long awaited, official and fully realized sequel to Rooms: The Main Building, critically acclaimed and an award winning IGF finalist game released globally on Nintendo DS, Wii, and Steam. Rooms: The Main Building has sold over 400k units since its release in 2010.
- Unique puzzle mechanic proven in its predecessor
- 144 puzzle levels=96 main storyline levels + 48 special ability levels
- 4 beautifully crafted mansion themes and music
- Complete storyline with two endings
- Full controller support
- Multi-language support
From Frédérick Raynal, the creator of Alone in the Dark® and pioneer of survival-horror, 2Dark is a grim journey of stealth and courage into the heart of corruption. Use your cunning to infiltrate Gloomywood’s bastions of cruelty. Investigate to uncover the secrets of the deranged psychopaths within, seek retribution for their crimes, and bring the children to safety.
Plagued by a string of child abductions, darkness hangs over the once-picturesque city of Gloomywood like a curse, smothering hope and paralyzing its citizens with fear. Having seen his own wife slain and his children taken, former detective Mr. Smith vows to find justice and bring an end to the misery. But, if only it were so simple. From dubious streets and suspicious dwellers, to the pack of smokes in your pocket and the betrayal of your own footsteps, danger infests every corner and crevice. Doubt everything in this trap of a city where death is the only certainty.A NEW STEALTH-HORROR ADVENTURE
- A nerve-wracking experience of ruthless consequences with only your wits to guide you.
- Perfect your plan to infiltrate intricately handcrafted levels and escape with the children.
- Stick to the shadows and step carefully. Light and sound can be your allies, and your undoing.
- Supplies are limited. From flashlight batteries to bullets, make every item count.
- Investigate every nook and cranny to expose the sinister secrets behind the abductions, uncover new areas, and find every child.
- Kids will be kids. Stop for too long and they'll fidget and cry, putting both of you in harm's way.
- Break for a smoke to save your progress, but be wary of noisy coughing fits, and remember, smoking really does kill.
The world is now a totalitarian dictatorship ran by a mining corporation that grew too much. It controls the production of the only remaining fuel source and has enslaved the vast majority of the population using unknown mind control techniques. A few have escaped to the wilderness, some others got caught by the military police.
Randall will have to make his way through hordes of strong and powerful enemies if he wants to survive. His ability to manipulate other’s minds opens a new world of possibilities. Explore the vast world in this Metroidvania like adventure and unlock your full potential in order to defeat your strongest enemies.
- Randall has sharp skills that allows you to overcome every challenge in your way, even those that look impossible.
- Randall can control the mind of his enemies and use their abilities and weapons for his own convenience.
- Challenge your skills and mind fighting the enemies and bosses. Not everyone can be defeated by Randall’s fists alone.
- Discover Randall’s true identity and his role in this dystopian adventure.