The best games like To the Moon are:
- arrow_rightA Hat in Time
- arrow_rightEndless Space - Emperor Edition
- arrow_rightSuperbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- arrow_rightThe Red Strings Club
- arrow_rightFinding Paradise
100 Best Games Like To the Moon:
Filter by Platform PCarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (17)
- PlayStation 4 (25)
- iOS (31)
- Android (23)
- macOS (76)
- Linux (55)
- Nintendo Switch (16)
- Nintendo 3DS (2)
- Nintendo DS (5)
- Xbox 360 (16)
- Xbox (2)
- PlayStation 3 (15)
- PlayStation 2 (6)
- PlayStation (4)
- PS Vita (3)
- PSP (2)
- Wii U (1)
- Wii (4)
- Game Boy Advance (3)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (2)
- SNES (2)
- NES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (3)
- Atari ST (2)
- Genesis (3)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (1)
- Dreamcast (1)
- 3DO (1)
- Web (3)
Starbound is a 2D adventure game with a heavy focus on the sandbox aspect and procedurally generated levels. Unlike many similar games of this genre, Starbound has a story you need to follow. Playing as a space officer whose planet was destroyed by aliens, you explore the universe and prepare for the revenge.
In general, Starbound is a typical 2D sandbox with such activities as spelunking, crafting and exploring that are united with story missions. Quests help to find the information about the in-game universe and races and lead through different tasks. Some levels are based on platforming only, while the others make you change the environment and solve puzzles. Some of them are based on the character’s ability to turn into a ball and use both hands to hold tools.
And still, the key feature of Starbound is procedurally generated levels and their design. The game features a huge amount of planets to explore, with multiple caves, buildings, labyrinths, and forests.
2. A Hat in Time
A Hat in Time is a cute-as-heck 3D platformer featuring a little girl who stitches hats for wicked powers.A little girl and her spaceshipIn A Hat in Time you play as a tiny space-travelling girl with a big tophat. Her adventure is halted when all her fuel, the Time Pieces, is lost and scattered across a nearby planet. Hat Kid must now jump, fight and stitch new hats to make her way into every nook and cranny of this new world in order to restore her fuel and resume her journey. On her way, she'll bump into the menacing Mafia of Cooks, the goofy birds of Dead Bird Studio, the spooky shadows of Subcon Forest, and more!Murder on a train! Parades! Trespassing in a movie studio?Every mission in A Hat in Time is unique! At one moment you'll be solving the Murder on the Owl Express by finding clues and interrogating the locals, the next moment you'll be the band marshal in The Big Parade, or sneaking through the bird-run Dead Bird Studio!Small child, giant worldsJump freely around in 5 massive worlds with new adventures to discover around every corner! Just like any child, Hat Kid loves to climb and explore, no mountain is too big for her sense of adventure. She can do multiple jump moves, as well as climb walls, and swing over gaps!Cute hats, magical yarn and snappy badgesBy finding and collecting rare magical yarn, Hat Kid can stitch new cute hats with a variety of abilities, including a witch hat that allows her to cook explosive concoctions, and a wooden ghost mask that allows her to peek into other dimensions. Hats can become even more powerful, by attaching badges that are found, sold and traded by the locals!Community-funded, community-focusedA Hat in Time was successfully funded on Kickstarter, reaching nearly 10 times its goal! In order to celebrate our community, A Hat in Time is releasing with full modding and Steam Workshop support, an in-game screenshot mode, and more!
Catherine is a platformer/visual novel developed by Atlus for PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2011.
The plot follows the adventures of Vincent Brooks, who is choosing between the two girlfriends — Katerine and Catherine with the opposite personalities. While making relationship choices throughout the daytime, Vinet is forced to participate in realistic nightmares at night. The setting of a title is two narratives folded one into another: on the outer layer, the game has TV-Show "The Midnight Versus" which tells the story of an inner layer — the adventures of "Catherine" world.
The gaming process consists of two stages, according to the protagonist's activities. While the ventures during the day resemble the usual visual novel mechanics: walking, listening to dialogues and watching cinematics pieces, the action gameplay reveals itself in the night. There Vincent has to climb a set of stairs by removing and climbing blocks to avoid traps. If he fails — the protagonist dies in real life.
The game journalists generally liked the game but were disappointed by the sexists and misogynistic stories found within it. The title obtained commercial success, and thus there is a remaster coming out for PS4 and Vita. The remaster was half-ready in late 2017.
4. Endless Space - Emperor Edition
The 4x-strategy game from the Endless series. Choose one of the eight humanoid an non-humanoid factions that inhabit the world of Endless Space and conquer your way onto the top of a galactic food chain. Each faction has elaborated story and features that shape unique gameplay. Will it be by power or by economic and diplomatic means, the game offers uncountable hours of top-grade turn-based strategy gameplay.
The game is focused on economic management of player’s intergalactic empire and ways to control and develop colonized star-systems. Factions fight over the control of the mysterious resource called Dust. The substance is often found in ancient temples and random planets. Battles in the game are simplified graphically and gameplay-wise. The game emphasizes on a thorough exploration of the Endless universe.
Emperor Edition of the game includes a new hero and new civilization to play as well as skins, digital soundtrack and other cosmetic goodies.
Categories in common with Endless Space - Emperor Edition: Strategy
5. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP is a pixel art point-and-click quest, split into "sessions." During them, you play as a female Scythian warrior who searches for an ancient book and explores the Caucasus. Accidentally she releases the evil and needs to fix the consequences of her actions. Between these sessions, a smoking character suggests you think over the events and your experience.
Sword & Sworcery features various puzzles you need to solve during the exploration of the world. As a rule, they are somehow connected with music or sounds, so it's better not to play the game in noisy places. Even rare fights with monsters in the game are similar to dances: you need to feel the rhythm of the battle, and attack, defend and dodge predicting the actions of your enemy. The game is soaked with different philosophical ideas, that together with the gameplay, visuals and sound design create something closer to artwork in its core than a classic video game.
Thumper is rhythm violence: classic rhythm-action, blistering speed, and brutal physicality. You are a space beetle. Brave the hellish void and confront a maniacal giant head from the future.
Scream down the endless track and crash through punishing obstacles with simple, airtight controls. Hurtle forward, master new moves, reach overwhelming velocities, and survive epic boss battles. Every crushing impact is interwoven with a pounding original soundtrack. To reach synesthetic bliss, you must go through rhythm hell.
Play in traditional HD or fully immersive VR (SteamVR or Oculus).
- Nine levels of Rhythm Hell
- Adrenalizing Boss Battles, including the terrifying Crakhed
- Simple Controls: one stick and one button
- Psychedelic Visuals
- Original Soundtrack by Brian Gibson of noise-rock band Lightning Bolt
7. The Red Strings Club
The Red Strings Club is a cyberpunk narrative experience about fate and happiness featuring the extensive use of pottery, bartending and impersonating people on the phone to take down a corporate conspiracy.
The professed altruistic corporation Supercontinent Ltd is on the verge of releasing Social Psyche Welfare: a system that will eliminate depression, anger and fear from society. However, the bartender of a clandestine club and a freelance hacker don't regard this evolution as an improvement but as brainwashing. Alongside unwitting company employees and a rogue empathy android, the duo will pull all the strings they can to bring down this scheme.Cyberpunk Thriller NarrativeUncover a mysterious corporate program that promises a blissful existence while debating what does happiness means and what lengths are permissible to obtain it.Psychological BartendingRead your customer's’ mood and mix the perfect cocktail to manipulate the client's emotions in order to gather the information you want and progress your agenda of stopping Supercontinent's plans.Genetic Implant PotteryDesign genetic implants at a high-tech lathe to change the attitude and direction of the corporation’s most influential executives.Vocal Corporate EspionageAssume the voice of important figures in the Social Psyche Welfare project and play their own motivations against each other over the phone to uncloak their plans.
8. Finding Paradise
Dr. Rosalene and Dr. Watts have peculiar jobs: They give people another chance to live, all the way from the very beginning... but only in their patients' heads.
Due to the severity of the operation, the new life becomes the last thing the patients remember before drawing their last breath. Thus, the operation is only done to people on their deathbeds, to fulfill what they wish they had done with their lives, but didn’t.
Finding Paradise is the 2nd full episode of To the Moon's series. It follows the life of the doctors' new patient, Colin, as they attempt to unravel a life that is split down the middle, and fulfill a wish that appears to be self-contradictory by nature.
*Like To the Moon, this is a standalone full game that does not require having played any previous games in the series.
9. Grey Goo
Grey Goo is a real-time strategy game developed by Petroglyph Games in collaboration with Weta Workshop.
On a distant habitable planet called Ecosystem Nine, three factions confront each other. Humans, Betas, and the Grey Goo nanobots. The humans arrive on the planet to investigate an unusual signal, as they thought to be to only intelligent beings in the planet system. Betas established a colony after escaping from their own planet. And the Goo used to be an old human-made surveillance system, which reprogrammed itself and tries to return to its creators while consuming everything on its way.
The players are free to choose any faction to play as both in singleplayer campaign and multiplayer PvP mode. Each faction has its own set of units, buildings and drastically differs in gameplay from every other one. For example, Betas rely on speed and mobility to outmaneuver their enemies, while humans can use teleportation devices to deploy their forces to the battlefield quickly and reconstruct their own base in a matter of seconds.
The game's developers put a heavy emphasis on the preference of macro decisions instead of micromanagement. This being said, the player's strategy serves as a deciding factor in winning the game, not the speed with which they buy their units and build structures.
Categories in common with Grey Goo: Strategy
10. Steam Marines
Steam Marines is a squad based Roguelike set on a steampunk spaceship. It features tactical play focused on positioning and careful use of resources. Built to keep you on your toes as you progress through the decks of your besieged ship while clearing enemies and trying to reach each level's elevator.
Build your marines up into long range or up close death machines, but don't expect any mercy. Death is permanent and fallen marines are gone forever. Finding survivors not guaranteed.
Turn and Squad Based Gameplay
Command up to four marines, each with their own gear, talents, and Action Points. Positioning is critical - even a lone enemy can be lethal! Sight and snipe or funnel enemies into a choke point and blow them up!
- Five marine classes - long range death, shotgun knockback, grenade launchers, all to help the squad
- Four ranks for promotion and talent tree access
- Five perks to further differentiate each marine
- Exoskeleton suits stripped from the hulks of dead enemies - flamethrowers and face punching
- Deck bosses that will challenge you but do not negate the tactics you have learned (no "immunities"!)
The steampunk spaceship is composed of multiple decks you must progress through. Different environments and creatures await, and you'll never know for sure what lies beyond the next corner.
- Five human ship decks with a sixth Alien Deck
- Procedural decks with destructible walls, high/low ground, and tactical variations
- Randomized weapons, armor, and enemy units
Score, Difficulty, and New Game Plus
Get rated on your overall performance. Manage to fight your way past 30 levels of mayhem? New Game Plus offers fresh challenges. Four levels of difficulty with one being for the truly masochistic!
11. Kingdom Rush
Kingdom Rush is a tower defense game, the first installment in Kingdom Rush series. The game was initially released as a flash game by Armor Games but later received ports for iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux.
The gameplay of Kingdom Rush shares many similarities with other tower-defense games. On each level, you have to defeat your town from waves of enemies crawling across the map.
To do so, you place towers which automatically attack enemies that get in their range of attack. There four types of towers in Kingdom Rush: Ranged Towers, Melee Towers, Mage Towers, and Artillery Towers. Ranged Towers shoot arrows at any enemy that gets in their sight. Melee Towers spawn troops that march towards enemies and engage in close combat. Mage Towers fire magic bolt that is especially effective against armored enemies. Artillery Towers are the slowest and the most expensive ones, but they deal much damage and can hit several enemies with one shot. Aside from placing towers, a player can use special abilities such as meteor strikes that directly damage any emeries on the map.
There are 12 levels in the primary campaign and several extra levels that can be unlocked after beating the game. Additionally, there is an Endless mode with one map that lets player stand against infinite waves of enemies for as long as they can.
12. Heat Signature
Fly around a procedurally generated galaxy in a tiny defenceless ship, cut your thrusters to cruise past heat sensors, dock with an enemy ship's airlock, and sneak inside. Once you're in, you creep through their corridors, ambushing guards, hiding bodies, stealing new weapons, blowing them up from the inside, or hijacking their turrets and even the whole ship.
- Zoom smoothly from a view of the whole galaxy down to your character sneaking up on guards inside the spaceship you're boarding.
- All seamless: the ship you're on continues to fly around the galaxy as you sneak about inside, even as it gets into ship battles.
- Full modular destruction of every spaceship: shoot a fuel barrel to blow up the room and be flung into space by the vacuum. Rip ships in half, destroy secure rooms to form new entrances to dock at.
- Procedurally generated, from the shape of the galaxy, the trade routes between empires, the shape of every ship, and even the layout of the corridors inside.
- Be a bounty hunter, an assassin, a saboteur, or a hijacker. Earn money from your missions to buy better kit. That kind of thing.
- Lovely spacey music.
13. Lumino City
Lumino City is a puzzle-adventure video game developed by State of Play Games and a sequel to 2011 title Lume.
Art style and plot
The game follows Lumi, a simple girl that lives with her grandad. One day the grandad gets kidnaped, and now she must go to the nearby Lumino City to find him.
The game is notable for its paper cut-out art style. While the main character is CGI, all of the environments are crafted by developers using cardboard, paper, wood, and other crafts materials.
Lumino City is a point-and-click adventure game with heavy emphasis on puzzle solving. The game uses a mouse to control Lumi and interact with objects. Her backpack serves the role of in-game inventory and fits many items required to solve in-game puzzles.
The game consists of several levels, each of them usually takes two-to-three screens. Some of them revolve around interacting with Lumino City’s townsfolks that asks Lumi for help in exchange for opening her way to the next level. Most of the game takes place in the city, so houses and streets are natural environments in the game. Aside from solving puzzles, some of which incorporate minigames in the vein of Machinarium or Samorost, some swinging and climbing sections require clicking certain objects at the right time.
14. The Messenger (2001)
Leveraging players expectations as a core game design ingredient, The Messenger is first presented as an 8-bit action platformer with a simple story, that unravels into an epic time traveling tale, eventually revealing itself as a 16-bit Metroidvania game packed with replay value and deadpan humor.
- An epic ninja adventure with challenging gameplay and tight controls
- Legit 8-bit and 16-bit art and music reminiscent of your favorite NES and SNES games
- Memorable cast of (often silly) villains, bosses and associates
- Catchy soundtrack by renowned chiptune composer Rainbowdragoneyes, made in Famitracker
- Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels and story arcs to discover
- Challenging and visceral gameplay where mastery is a thing to behold
15. One Way Heroics
In One Way Heroics, you take on the role of an intrepid adventurer who must travel across the land and face the Demon Lord before a mysterious shadow engulfs everything.
Darkness always approaches from the left, and with each movement or action you take, the void creeps ever closer. Forced to run right, you'll encounter any number of monsters, allies, thieves and shops on your desperate journey to stop the end of everything.
The good news is that you don't just have access to one world. You have access to all of them.
- A nearly infinite number of worlds to save and explore!
- Multiple classes to unlock, each with different skills and advantages.
- Dimensional Vault: Don't waste extra valuables! Lock away your inventory and save it for your next run!
- Time control: when the going gets tough, the tough freeze time and work out a new strategy.
- Steam goodies: trading cards, emoticons and wallpapers that proudly broadcast your OWH finesse!
Every world is different and unique. Lust forests or corrupted hellscapes, adorable animals or cunning thieves, each departure is a roll of the die. You might find likeminded heroes willing to journey with you, or you might meet no one and be forced to venture into the unknown alone.
Like a dimension you previously visited? Simply input the name at the Dimensional selection screen before you begin your journey. Want to try your luck with a random reality? Type any word that pops into your head, and watch as One Way Heroics builds you a world based on the name you chose.
Infinite permutations. Infinite worlds. Infinite adventure.
*This game supports Cloud Saves for most system data including clear data and unlockables, however mid-game saves do not carry over.
When a brilliant particle physicist dies unexpectedly, the race is on to secure his terrible new technology before it falls into the wrong hands. The lives of four playable characters become entangled as they fight against the clock to find the dead scientist’s secret vault.
The suspicions they harbor, the memories they guard, the connections they share - all will converge as these four ordinary people work together to prevent a potentially cataclysmic disaster.Key Features:
- Voiceover work featuring fan-favorite Logan Cunningham (Bastion)
- Four simultaneously playable characters
- A twisting, riveting storyline influenced by player decisions
- Long and short term memory system - ask anybody about anything in the game!
- Over ten hours of gameplay!
DARK is a unique stealth-action game with RPG elements in which you take on the role of the ultimate hunter: a vampire. Ambush your enemies from the shadows, roam the darkness and use powerful vampire skills to dispatch your opponents.
The intricate story of DARK will take you into the midst of a world of blood and darkness, where the hunter can easily become prey. Strike down other vampires, improve your character and develop formidable skills such as instantly disappearing from view to take your enemies by surprise.Key Features:
- Stealth and action meet role-playing: earn experience, pick your dialogue choices and develop your skills to become the ultimate hunter
- Use impressive vampire skills and powerful melee attacks to eliminate your foes from the cover of darkness – go invisible, stalk your prey unnoticed and devastate them with up-close attacks
- A variety of enemies await your fangs – from mortal human police and security guards to fellow creatures of the night
- Make your way through lavishly appointed environments, from the city museum to the hidden fortress of a vampire lord hidden within a towering skyscraper
- Impressive 3D cel-shaded graphics
Shadowgate is one of the most well-known and beloved point-and-click adventure titles in gaming history. As one of the original titles in the popular MacVenture series that went on to be celebrated on the NES, GBC, and Nintendo 64, Shadowgate quickly endeared players with its fantastic atmospheric soundtrack, perilous locations to progress through, countless puzzles to solve, and more ways to gruesomely die than gamers previously thought possible. Thrust into the role of "The Seed of Prophecy," players travel deep into the living castle, in hopes of defeating the evil that dwells within – the dreaded Warlock Lord.
Now, nearly 30 years after the original version haunted Mac and NES gamers, the original development team behind that timeless classic is back with a full re-imagining of the original Shadowgate. Much more than a port, the team at Zojoi has painstakingly redesigned the game from the ground up, adding in tons of new mind-bending puzzles, lots of new rooms with stunning hand-painted 2D graphical detail, and more objects to interact with and help you along your quest.
Decide how YOU want to play this new, re-imagined Shadowgate! Want the modern adventure experience? Use the wheel-based icon command system. Want the retro experience? Employ the Classic command system and turn on the retro graphics, soundtrack, text box, and room transitions. Want a more cinematic experience? Switch to Immersive mode by auto-hiding the UI and using customizable hotkeys to explore the castle. Or mix and match the options to satisfy your play style. In Shadowgate, there are plenty of new features and fun throwbacks to the original version to satisfy veteran adventurers and newcomers alike!
- Customized UI: Play the way you want! Use modern wheel-based icon commands, classic on-screen commands, or jump into Immersive mode to auto-hide the UI elements. Create key binds, lock commands and keys, and more.
- The Dread Pumpkin Quest: A new mini-quest, find and free the Dread Pumpkin!
- First Person Adventuring: Utilize your inventory, mapping system, and intuitive UI to complete your quest.
- Dangerous Dungeons: Tons of beautifully illustrated rooms featuring both new and familiar locations, offering a new gameplay experiences.
- Mind-bending Puzzles: Lots of new and updated puzzles that seamlessly expand on the original game.
- Difficulty Levels: Four different difficulty levels (from the novice to expert) that actually change the gameplay experience and puzzle structure. For the ultimate challenge, try Ironman mode that disables saves and requires players to finish the game in one try.
- Retro Mode: Play the game like it’s 1989! Toggle on pixelated graphics, listen to Hiroyuki Masuno’s original NES chip tunes, move between rooms with NES transitions, and enjoy the text in retro format.
- Storytelling: Shadowgate features dramatic cut-scenes and all the same great storytelling you expect from the original creators.
- Cinematic Score: A digitally-orchestrated, dynamic soundtrack that changes with gameplay by composer Rich Douglas.
- Soundscapes: A complete atmospheric and puzzle-based sound design featuring hundreds of sound effects.
The hero Ivry wakes up from a nightmare and finds himself in a weird room. To escape from fear and darkness, he has to search and explore on his own until he discovers the truth and finds his sister Iva.
Gentle and sensitive;dislikes insects, dirty hands and blood; has a great talent for music; popular young musician.
Sparky and outgoing, sometimes mischievous; often said to be a tomboy. Turned calm, quiet and more ladylike after going through the family's misfortune, but is still as straightforward and resolute as before. Good at drawing.
Storyboard performance: In the game, standing pictures and dialog boxes don’t have fixed positions. The performance takes on the storyboard widely used in comics, in which a large amount of pictures form a rich visual performance.
Clue Integration: To avoid boredness brought by long monologues, apart from making regular uses of items to solve puzzles, players also need to search through the map to find clues and then integrate them into new clues, so as to push forward the plot.
Original BGM: The only BGM in this game was composed by independent musician TetraCalyx, which consists of five voice parts, namely P, R, I, C and E. They will be unlocked one by one in the new game+ by solving puzzles.
An updated decoder is recommended for a better experience, since there're 11 video performances to cover the whole story.
Stealth （Thank you very much for this player =3=）
20. Space Pilgrim Episode II: Epsilon Indi
One year after the events of Episode I, Captain Pilgrim is once again carrying a shipload of passengers between star systems. This time her guests include a mysterious priestess, a wayward youth and a robotics genius.
Little does she know that this latest journey will set her off on another hazardous adventure, involving a shadowy government organisation known as the Jackals ...
- In this second episode, continue the adventures of Captain Pilgrim and her cynical co-pilot Sabina White as they are pulled into a fresh web of danger and intrigue, encountering new friends and foes
- Experience a larger and more expansive story which reveals many new elements of the Space Pilgrim universe
- Across the four episodes in this saga you will travel to space stations, colonies, cities and islands across an immersive and intricate futuristic universe, interact with dozens of unique characters and enjoy 10+ hours of gameplay (Please note: this purchase is for episode two only)
- Mouse, keyboard and controller support
21. Mages of Mystralia
In the kingdom of Mystralia, it takes more brains than brawn to succeed. You will face down giant, powerful creatures and navigate treacherous terrain. You will encounter puzzles that confound even the wisest of the old sages. And you must overcome obstacles put in place by people who do not want you to succeed.
Your path will not be easy. In Mages of Mystralia, you play as Zia, a young girl who discovers that she has been born with an innate sense of magic. Unfortunately, magic has been banned, so she strikes off to train on her own to gain some control over her powers. On her journey, she meets other exiled mages and, discovers runes with magical properties and realizes that she can combine these runes in millions of different ways to come up with completely new spells.
The story was written by bestselling author Ed Greenwood, creator of the Forgotten Realms fantasy world for Dungeons and Dragons, which served as the basis for games like Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights, as well as about 170 fantasy books.
- Design spells to fight enemies, solve environmental puzzles and battle epic bosses
- Powerful yet simple spell crafting system
- Classic action-adventure with over a dozen of distinct regions to explore
- Original orchestral score conducted by Shota Nakama and performed by the Video Game Orchestra at SoundtRec Boston of Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts fame
22. Don't Knock Twice
To save her estranged daughter, a guilt-ridden mother must uncover the frightening truth behind the urban tale of a vengeful, demonic witch. Explore a grand manor house environment and interact with almost every object you see. To find and save your daughter, you will explore all depths of the manor, searching for hidden clues and wield items to fight or escape the terror that surrounds you. Developed alongside the 2017 horror film, Don’t Knock Twice, starring Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica).
“One knock to wake her from her bed, twice to raise her from the dead.”
Play with our without a VR device.VR FEATURESDon’t Knock Twice is designed to be played with our without a VR device.
Only one purchase is necessary, you will be given the option to play in VR or Non VR when starting the game. You are free to switch between modes and carry on where you left off.
A free VR demo available now on Steam for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift with Touch controls.VR LOCOMOTION- Walking Locomotion
- TeleportationGAMEPLAY AREA- Seated
- Room-ScaleSUPPORTED CONTROLSNon VR – Keyboard / Mouse, Standard Controller
Vive VR – Vive Hand Controllers
Oculus VR – Oculus Touch Controllers, Standard ControllerADDITIONAL VR FEATURES- Distance Grabbing or "Stretchy Hands" is an available option in Oculus VR Mode.
- One-Click 90 degree flip buttons are available in Oculus VR Mode.
23. The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr
Dragons return to Tamriel in The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, part of the Season of the Dragon year-long adventure! Explore the savannahs and canyons of Elsweyr, defend the home of the Khajiit from an ancient evil, and command the undead with the Necromancer class.
24. Ara Fell
"Long, long ago, the elven sorcerers cast a spell to save the floating world of Ara Fell from destruction. Instead, they doomed it to fall from the sky. By chance, the fate of the world has been placed in the hands of a young woman. Join her as she and her friends endeavor against all odds to save their homeland, all while the clock ticks ever nearer the final hour..."
Ara Fell combines the best parts of Japanese-style roleplaying games with the best parts of western RPGs, as well as including elements of visual novels and adventure games to create a truly unique experience. Atmosphere, emotion and surprise lie at the forefront of Ara Fell's story, driven by deep and accessible characters, each with his or her own past, their own desires and their own motivations for joining Lita's quest. Relive the golden age of the RPG with a game that both pays homage to the past greats, as well as blazing its own trail.
- EXPLORATION - Ara Fell is a world meant to be explored! Jump, crawl, swim and even fly through the air to solve puzzles and discover new locations filled with hidden treasure, secrets and adventure! Every corner of Ara Fell is designed with exploration in mind.
- OPEN WORLD - Most of the world can be explored from the moment you leave Aloria Village, the heroine's home town... provided, of course, you're strong enough. A clever explorer may be able unlock secrets and discover powerful equipment early in the game if he or she commits to taking advantage of the open nature of the game world.
- TACTICAL COMBAT - Ara Fell may be a story-heavy game, but the world is still fraught with danger. Choose specialized equipment and statistics, customizing each character to best suit your play style, and to best thwart each boss battle's unique mechanics.
- CHARACTER DRIVEN - When you join Ara Fell's unwitting heroine on her quest to save her homeland, you'll discover a world filled with vibrant characters who laugh, cry, crack jokes, lose their tempers, and even their will to go on as the size and scope of the curse that plagues Ara Fell becomes apparent. Friends and villains alike are not who they seem as the stakes grow ever higher...
FIRE is a puzzleventure with intuitive puzzle design. Without losing many words it tells a savagely hilarious story. Journey into the Stone Age and face the most challenging task of this era: The search for fire!
This story's hero is the lovably chaotic Neanderthal Ungh who dozes off during his very first night watch. The next morning, the catastrophe ensues: the fire's gone out and Ungh is banished from his village. Now you have to help Ungh finding a new flame, searching every corner of the Stone Age world. No matter if he has to search the insides of a dinosaur, smoldering volcanoes or even through time itself, there is no place Ungh wouldn't look for new fire.
One click or swipe and your environment comes to life. A small dash of logic and you'll be able to solve any puzzle and there will be no limit to your exploratory spirit while interacting with the game's world: fire coconuts from a mammoth's trunk, turn into an animal or save the fair maiden from the Octo-Boss' grasp.
- No text or dialogue at all
- Coherent and intuitive controls
- Explore a lovable, vividly animated Stone Age world
- 10 beautifully hand-drawn sceneries
- Atmospheric soundtrack by the composer of "The Night of the Rabbit" included with every purchase
„It’s [...] an intriguing evolution of the genre”
„After the presentation I would have loved to start right away.“
26. FortressCraft Evolved!
"In a world where early access and indie usually means abandoned, unfinished garbage, this game's post launch development is outpacing many AAA titles and companies."
"This really isn't the same game that I originally purchased anymore. With all the changes that have been made over that duration the game is so much more fun
now that there are machines to alleviate almost every large build annoyance that used to exist. The FALCORs, thieves, excavators, drills etc.. all did so much for
automation it's almost hard to believe I ever did that stuff manually before."A Whole New Survival Experience...
FortressCraft has undergone a radical visual alteration, completely reworking the surface, along with a brand-new rendering system. On top of that, there is an enormous amount of work to make the game more understandable and accessible for new players. The combination of these two things should work towards making it feel like a fresh, new experience. Prepare for a new exploration and survival experience!
FortressCraft Evolved’s Survival Mode is a unique-blend of Voxel Landscapes, Tower Defense, Crafting, Logistics, Exploration, Combat and Assembly lines. Players begin by crash-landing on a strange alien world, left with only a small handful of starting machines. Using hand-held scanners they must locate ore resources, place down Ore Extractors and Conveyors to automate the raw material back to the Smelter; take the fresh ingots through multi-machine assembly lines, followed by researching new technologies that help them explore thousands of meters below the planet's surface.
An advanced HoloBase allows players to keep an eye on their factory which they must defend against waves of alien attacks with multiple tiers of missile and energy turrets. To survive they must continue to develop new and unique power systems, from solar energy to Jet Turbines, culminating in crafting an Orbital Energy Transmitter thousands of cubic meters in size, to beam power off-planet, and start the next phase of the game.
And all this with an enormous draw-distance, scalable gameplay engine that is equally at home on high-end or low-end computers, and full multiplayer support! This does not even factor in all that you can do in the Creative Mode whose only limits are your time and imagination. With an array of Super Build Tools and a high-resolution Custom Detail Block Workshop players can build anything and on a massive scale unseen in other games.
27. The Mirror Lied
"A birdie flew across the roof yesterday.
She said she’ll fly over again today."
From a decade ago, by the creator of To the Moon and Finding Paradise: A 30-minute experimental adventure game about a faceless girl stuck inside a house with no door to the outside.
- A short play fitting for a single sitting.
- A lousy original soundtrack consisting of one single tune.
- An abstract experience that you hereby agree not to sue the developer for.
28. Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube
Created by Liquid Flower, QBEH-1: The Atlas Cube is a prequel to their much beloved Qbeh, a small student project that found its way online and into the hands of gamers and journalists alike who wanted more after feasting on the appetizer. Now, QBEH-1: The Atlas Cube builds on the core concept and aesthetics introduced in the original and brings even more polish, passion and gameplay into the new game.
Now includes a LEVEL EDITOR with STEAM WORKSHOP support! Build your own levels then share and play those made by the community.MAIN GAME FEATURES:
- Solve elaborate puzzles using a variety of Cube types such as Building Blocks, Energy Cubes and Gravity Manipulators
- Explore atmospheric Worlds, each with 6 challenging levels and unique themes
- Discover alternate paths, intriguing platforming elements and secrets to unlock an unfolding mystery
- Experience an immersive & mesmerizing Soundtrack that pulls you into the adventure
- Uncover the game’s narrative through interpretive imagery
- Oculus Rift Support (supports DK1 & DK2)
- Create levels using similar (world) styles found in the game
- Mix and match styles from multiple themes in one level
- Add doors, switch activated doors, moving platforms, fans and more
- Add special cubes (basic, energy, gravity and force)
- Add geometry blocks such as walls and floors with different styles
- Move, resize and rotate objects (only geometry blocks are resizable)
- Change lighting and add light cubes as light sources
- Change skybox
- Select your background music from tracks available in the game
- Test levels right in the editor
- Share levels through Steam Workshop
- Play levels made by others
29. Hero of the Kingdom III
Travel through the four valleys to save the kingdom from the ancient evil.
Your uncle Brent raised you as a skilled hunter. Fate, however, gave you a different path than a peaceful village life. An ancient evil awakened, shattering the whole kingdom. Dark monsters climbed out of holes and people died under the falling mountains. You are left alone to face the great evil. You must set out on a long journey through the four valleys and save the kingdom on the brink of destruction. Your courage and your skills will forge a new hero of the kingdom.
- Explore the beautiful country of the four valleys.
- Help people and fulfill many interesting quests.
- Fight monsters and advance in many skills.
- Find hundreds of useful hidden items.
- Obtain many achievements.
30. Silence of the Sleep
Silence of the Sleep is psychological horror adventure game for PC.
You play as a man called Jacob Reeves. A man who has lost his reason to live.
He throws himself into a blackness to end his misery, but instead of it being the end he wakes up without a memory of his life before.
You will travel through the abstract world of Silence of the Sleep to find the very reason for your
Now that is a good question!
Here are some info about Silence of the Sleep that I believe are worth knowing:
- Side scrolling 2D with unique, digitally drawn graphics
- Unique music from one end to another
- Minimalistic interface - I won’t hold your hand through the game
- Challenging puzzles
- No shooting - Enemy encounters are pretty rare and you can’t kill the enemies, avoid and hide from them to survive
- Original gameplay and twisting story - Silence of the Sleep has well crafted balance between horror and adventure, this allows me to build different atmospheres which brings variety to gameplay
- One man game - Graphics, animation, coding, music... You name it!
31. Gloria Victis
Gloria Victis is a MMORPG with an emphasis on realism, set in a low-fantasy medieval open world. Enjoy skill-based non-target combat, open PVP with territory control, deep, expanded crafting system, player-driven economy and a mature, extensive storyline – all that served with beautiful, realistic graphics and immersive atmosphere.
Choose one of two nations: proud Midlanders inhabiting vast green lands or vengeful Ismirs from the frosty North and join the conflict!
Non-Target Combat – Engage in action-based, non-target combat where your skills and tactics matter! Prove your skills and earn fame as an undefeatable duelist, eagle-eyed archer or respected commander inspiring your allies in battle!
Open PVP – Fight to the death in tournaments, towns and castles sieges and epic wars where entire armies collide!
Territory Control – Conquer the lands, siege non-instantiated towns and castles and develop fortifications to earn an advantage in the everlasting conflict of the realms!
Innovative Partial Loot System – Defeated your enemy? Take your reward, selecting which specific items you would like to loot – but hurry, the clock is ticking!
Fame and Disgrace – Be a part of a living feudal society, establish your reputation and move up the feudal hierarchy, leading your allies to victory under your guild’s banner – or run and hide as an outlaw!
Complex Crafting System – Look for the best resources and materials, use crafting workstations and co-operate with others to increase your efficiency and achieve mastery in one of 8 different realistic crafts. The economy is in your hands – swords don’t drop from wolves but are forged by the blacksmiths!
Class-less Progression – Become who you want to be, shaping your character without artificial classes and fully customizing your equipment using hundreds of available items!
Open Living World – Seamless, breathtaking, challenging, dynamically reacting to your actions – the diversified and overwhelming world of Gloria Victis awaits you!
Low-fantasy Setting – Explore the lands based upon medieval Europe and Middle-East, discover ancient secrets, seek for forgotten treasures and face creatures designed after medieval tales!
Please remember that the game is currently in alpha stage and you may experience some issues or some of the features may not be implemented yet. Read the "Early Access" section above for details!
We are continuously improving and expanding all the described features according to the Community voice, while the others are under development or on our to-do list.
Features which will come with the future updates:
Mounts – Tired of walking? Get on a horse, take your lance and charge the enemy – or prove your incomparable skills in mounted archery!
Full-scale Sieges – Rams, ballistae, trebuchets and catapults – medieval warfare in all its beauty and glory!
Sailing and Naval Combat – Build a cog to deliver goods to distant realms, lead your fleet in naval warfare or make your mark as a world-known corsair!
Housing – Build your own house, develop and decorate it – home sweet home!
Freedom and Immersion – Want to rest for a while? Enjoy numerous side-activities, such as fishing, gambling and the beer drinking contest!
Mature storyline – Choose one of three playable nations based upon the old powers from medieval Europe and the Middle-East – Midlanders, Ismirs and Azebs – and enjoy an epic adventure to discover their rich culture, history and an own beliefs system!
We are currently hosting servers for following regions:
- West Europe
- East Europe/Russia
- North America
- South America
- South East Asia
32. Half-Life: Alyx
Half-Life: Alyx is Valve’s VR return to the Half-Life series. It’s the story of an impossible fight against a vicious alien race known as the Combine, set between the events of Half-Life and Half-Life 2.
Playing as Alyx Vance, you are humanity’s only chance for survival. The Combine’s control of the planet since the Black Mesa incident has only strengthened as they corral the remaining population in cities. Among them are some of Earth’s greatest scientists: you and your father, Dr. Eli Vance.
As founders of a fledgling resistance, you’ve continued your clandestine scientific activity—performing critical research, and building invaluable tools for the few humans brave enough to defy the Combine.
Every day, you learn more about your enemy, and every day you work toward finding a weakness.
ABOUT GAMEPLAY IN VR:
Valve’s return to the Half-Life universe that started it all was built from the ground up for virtual reality. VR was built to enable the gameplay that sits at the heart of Half-Life.
Immerse yourself in deep environmental interactions, puzzle solving, world exploration, and visceral combat.
Lean to aim around a broken wall and under a Barnacle to make an impossible shot. Rummage through shelves to find a healing syringe and some shotgun shells. Manipulate tools to hack alien interfaces. Toss a bottle through a window to distract an enemy. Rip a Headcrab off your face and throw it at a Combine soldier.
Extra content for Index owners
Customers who have purchased Valve Index hardware by the end of 2019 will have access to unique bonuses starting early next year:
Explore environments from Half-Life: Alyx in your SteamVR Home space
Alternate gun skins to embellish Alyx's arsenal
Special Half-Life: Alyx-themed content for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Dota 2
A set of Source 2 tools for building new environments will ship with the game, enabling any player to build and contribute new environments for the community to enjoy. Hammer, Valve’s level authoring tool, has been updated with all of the game’s virtual reality gameplay tools and components.
33. Blackwater Bayou VR
It has been only a few weeks since they came. The aliens have taken a majority of the population centers out and are working on remote areas now. As far as you know everyone is already dead. All communications were blocked as soon as they arrived so there is no way to know if anyone else has survived this long. You were brought up in this part of the bayou and fortunately a previous battle against the aliens was already fought here leaving behind a plethora of weaponry.
Eventually they will get you. They seem almost endless in supply. Their spacecraft seem to be the source of their hive spawning. Taking them out might slow them down at least...
Blackwater Bayou is a VR game based in a swampy area of Southern Louisiana. Multiple weapon types and dual wielding is available to speed up progress and carnage.
34. SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appétit! - Full Course
Many speak of it, but rarely have human mouths ever tasted it: the pinnacle of culinary perfection…the Super Dish. Few shinobi have ever been able to prepare a dish so exquisite, but legendary shinobi and sushi chef Hanzo thinks that perhaps his students and their rivals are up to the task. He holds a contest to see which of the girls can hone her Ninja Arts best for cooking as opposed to combat. The competition is fierce; the one who presents the old shinobi master with the Super Dish will obtain a Secret Ninja Art Scroll that will make real her most fervent desire. Whosoever can prove her knife to be as suitable for cooking as for combat will emerge the victor, while all her friends and rivals wind up as mere dessert...
A rhythm spin-off of the ninja ‘busty brawler’ series, SENRAN KAGURA, Bon Appetit! features cooking battles rather than shinobi showdowns, with emphasis on outrageous humor, delicious food, and gratuitous images of the series’ lovely ladies. This culinary warfare is carried out through an array of rhythm battles, where tapping the correct buttons in time with the beat will rack up combos and determine the size and quality of the resulting dish. The soundtrack consists of a variety of catchy tunes encompassing all genres from jazz to classical, with special Japanese vocal tracks sung by the leader of each faction. This Full Course edition includes all DLC and 22 buxom ninja between the two original PlayStation(r)Vita releases, rewarding players who can overcome the challenge of creating the ultimate Super Dish with a special feast for the eyes as well.
- KEY FEATURES
- Rhythm spin-off of the popular SENRAN KAGURA series
The infamous, voluptuous ninja series ventures into a new genre as all of the bouncy babes from SENRAN KAGURA Burst and SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS return, taking a break from physical combat to make culinary war instead in this tasty yet truly tasteless adventure.
- The Dressing Room returns with even more stylish options
Like other SENRAN KAGURA titles, the Dressing Room makes another appearance with multiple ways to customize characters’ outfits—but be careful! Peep too much and you risk the wrath of a full-fledged shinobi…
- Three different modes of play plus online leaderboards
Story Mode progresses through the main game, Free Mode allows for customized cooking showdowns, and Arcade Mode includes comprehensive online leaderboards to see how you stack up against your already pretty stacked competition.
- Includes original Hanzo x Crimson Squad, additional Gessen x Hebijo pack, and all additional DLC
Includes both games which were released separately on PlayStation(r)Vita, as well as all DLC in between, now in 1080p resolution and running at 60fps.
Categories in common with SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appétit! - Full Course: Casual
35. Tree of Life
- Make your own village, anytime, anywhere.
Thinking of building your own village to show your workmanship? Oh no, you feel like that all buildings on the street are kind of grand castles? If so, it’s time to play Tree of Life. You can make your own village anytime, anywhere. You can also be anyone. You can be a lord who rules a huge grand territory or makes a knight guild to protect the ToL world. What about a village for wanderers? Whatever you want!
- The one beautiful world.
Yes, our world is not perfect. It is full of dangers. So, it could be a good way to explore the ToL world in your room. What about the desert? Come and feel the sunshine, chase a mirage, find unique cactus and shooting stars… If you prefer the North Pole than the desert, why don’t you explore the snowy field on the North? Please keep in mind that you should bring your warm leather clothes. (… be careful with bears!) Can you feel it? Just explore the world!
- Player-based Economy
Are you tired of endless battles? But you still want to support your guild as one of guild members? If so, be a master, then move the entire economy of ToL. Build and maintain your own farm, then generate food to support your guild. Or just be a grand merchant, then transport goods across the whole world, or be a master who makes good weapons in legendary level. Whichever is fine. That makes the economy.
- 21 Class combinations
World best warrior in the realm, legendary master, 5-star chef… You don’t really know which one fits you? Well, have you ever thought why you can’t be a mighty warrior and 5-star chef at the same time? Like... a chef who catches a big brown bear with his bare hands. As you want, you can be both of them N.O.W, since there are 21 job classes in the world! YAY~~~ You can make your own character as you like.
- Be a friend or be a foe. That is the question.
The real world is full of difficult choices. Yes… but what if the Tol world is, too? You can be a good friend with other players, or just be a night watchman to protect the new world order, or offer a reward for criminals to bring the justice. Depends on your choice. However just be careful. Anyone could offer a reward for you!
- Fight against your enemy!
Grand castles always win a lot of praise. Even monsters will envy you, thus please keep calm and don’t panic, even though they begin the war to take your territory. This would be a superb chance to be the best knight in the ToL world! Be a hero by defeating your enemies who try to take your grand castle.
So, get ready for Tree of Life? Just play your own game, make your own world. In Tree of Life world, you can be anything whatever you want to be, and you can do anything whatever you want to. Yes, it’s time to play REAL RPG. Don’t miss the chance to live your second life. PLAY NOW!
36. The Final Take
Relive dark footage recorded from the perspective of multiple characters in this unique first person horror. Each character has had an alternate experience in different locations, but they all have something in common which connects them. Take control of a young female and relive these moments through found footage to uncover the sinister link between the strangers.
The game’s distinctive VHS effect and colour scheme delivers a realistic 1980s feel as the player progresses through different characters and moments in time, with hidden clues and messages that can only be discovered by re-playing the levels. Each location has a different twist and new enemies to encounter; some are aggressive, while others lurk in the shadows waiting for an opportunity to strike.
Use light to reveal what is hidden beneath the cover of darkness, and use the camera as a guide to expose what the human eye cannot perceive.
. Multiple Character Stories (Switched up Gameplay)
. Xbox Controller Support
. Different AI Behavior (Each Level plays different)
. Gather Collectibles to dive deeper into the story
. Hidden Objects only "Visible" by a few held items
. Play The Story in any order you choose
. Re-Wire Locked doors, and lock pick to gain access to rooms.
37. Life Beetle
Ask yourself a question.. What will you do if you wake up in asylum ward next day? I think you will try to find a reason why you are here. Hmm.. Go ahead and try.. But if you can't do it just ask me. I always there in places like that. Always live over the wall, the next ward.. And I have a Secret.. Please, don't tell anyone.. I put it in the box for new ward tenants under their beds. No matter how you turn that box, the Secret will try to get out. And yes! You still want to know how to escape? I will help you.. But please, in that case don't believe the doctors.. They don't want me to help, they are afraid of our friendship.
- Original gameplay (indirect interaction with one of characters, you can control the beetle by turning the space).
- Oldschool graphic stylistic.
- Lack of fourth wall (you are the main character, not the guy on the screen or running beetle)
- Gravitational puzzles and, of course, your new friend that lives over the wall.. Or it's a trick, and there's nobody there?
38. The Mind of Marlo
"It's called Spontaneous Silly Head Syndrome and it affects fewer than 1 in 7 billion...."
Meet Marlo Davenport.
Marlo was born with a curious case of Spontaneous Silly Head Syndrome, a rare disorder which makes the individual suffer temporary transformations. How does Marlo cope with such a condition, and is there a cure?
Join Marlo in this one of a kind narrative driven, mockumentary style adventure game. Learn about Marlo's life through compelling monologues, solve fun puzzles to help him overcome his odd condition and figure out just what the heck is happening to him! Not everything is as it seems as you'll discover unravelling Marlo's strange story. What happened to Marlo's father? Who is this Linda he keeps talking about? Why does he keep changing into a slug?
Presented as a low res documentary with fully voice acted talking heads, The Mind of Marlo is best described as an absurd combination of TV show The Office and classic point and click adventure games of yore.
- A compelling narrative told in an interactive documentary style.
- Over 20 minutes of recorded dialogue
- Intuitive point and click puzzle gameplay
- Fairly nice music
- Square Nudity
- At least 3 good jokes
Categories in common with The Mind of Marlo: Adventure
40. Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy
IMPORTANT: You don’t have to own Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr to play this game.
IMPORTANT: for Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr players: Existing characters, their items and their progress are carried over to the expansion, adjusted to the new 2.0 rules and mechanics. Owners of both Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr and Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy won't require separate clients to run the game and the expansion.WARHAMMER 40,000: INQUISITOR - PROPHECYDeep within the darkest reaches of the remote Caligari Sector, beyond barriers formed by churning Warp-surges, lies a vast area tainted by the Chaos Gods and threatened by the rise of the foul Xenos. On the barren Death Worlds the hideous Tyranids are slowly coming back from their hibernation, long decades after the defeat of their colossal Hive Fleet, while the Imperium of Mankind faces a new wave of unexplained attacks by Aeldari warriors fleeing their dying Craftworld. And if that wasn’t enough to alarm the Holy Inquisition, a mysterious presence with potentially devastating powers has returned from the Warp on the long-lost “Martyr”, destined to fulfil a prophecy that could change the fate of the entire Sector.A STAND-ALONE EXPANSIONWarhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy is a stand-alone expansion for the grim action-RPG Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr, set in the violent 41st millennium, when the galaxy is at constant war. Purge the unclean with the most powerful agents of the Imperium!
Now you can also carry out the Emperor’s will as a Tech-Adept Inquisitor, a former acolyte of the Adeptus Mechanicus who decided to join the Holy Ordos to become one of the mightiest agents of the Imperium; combining the sacred technological mysteries with the relentless dogma of the Inquisition, he has become an unstoppable force. Or continue the unfolding saga of the Alpha Pariah with one of the original three classes introduced in Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr in a Caligari Sector slowly succumbing to madness and war.KEY FEATURESNew class
Play as a Tech-Adept Inquisitor and summon and enhance units in battles to help you defeat enemies and complete investigations. This new summoner class comes with new unique abilities and mechanics and offers a unique skill-tree and various new melee and ranged builds.
New and Revamped Gameplay Elements
Inquisitor – Prophecy offers several features of Inquisitor – Martyr. These include 2-4 player co-op missions, destructible environments, all previous enemy races and units, and the unique gore of the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Moreover, Inquisitor – Prophecy is based on the 2.0 update for Inquisitor - Martyr, bringing the base game’s new level cap, redesigned loot system and levelling, the new end-game, the co-op campaign mode, new items and a much faster, ARPG-focused gameplay to the stand-alone expansion too.
The story that began in Inquisitor – Martyr continues in three new and stand-alone chapters, with one chapter solely focusing on the Tech-Adept Inquisitor investigating a great mystery which slowly ties into the unfolding plot.
Discover sacred monasteries, perilous research sanctums, unforgiving deserts and ruthless worlds churning with molten lava.
New Enemy Races
Inquisitor – Prophecy introduces the Eldar, including Howling Banshees, Fire Prisms, Warp Spiders and Swooping Hawks; and the Tyranids, including Carnifexes, Zoanthropes, Hormagaunts, Raveners – and many others.
41. N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure
N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure is a wonderful journey in a world of incredible beauty where a kid is the key to all locks and the night is not as frightening as we all could think.
Immerse yourself in a story-driven first-person game featuring puzzles with intuitive controls. The environment is heavily connected to the characters and their past. The world of N.E.R.O. is magical and varied, making exploring an ongoing challenge.
N.E.R.O. invites players to explore and experience feelings that are uncommon in video games, a game where the visual novel genre meets the puzzle game.
Join this magic adventure in an unknown world, playing the role of a kid followed by a mysterious black clothed companion. Discover through his eyes the history behind this tragic journey.
- N.E.R.O. features simple gameplay with accessible controls in a rich and atmospheric environment filled with puzzles.
- N.E.R.O. features unique dreamlike visuals with high-resolution textures and complex shaders
- N.E.R.O. is a mystery: nothing is as it seems. Only by solving all the puzzles and through exploring will you be able to discern the whole story.
- N.E.R.O.'s wonderful soundtrack is captivating and comes along with the design. A deep narrating voice will underline the experience, following the two characters in their journey.
- N.E.R.O.'s story is complex and cryptic. We wish players to discuss the meaning of the story on social networks, sharing thoughts and screenshots.
Heroic Adventures in Medieval Germany
Deep in the twilight of the Black Forest, you and your companions crouch before the robber-knight's tower. Hans, the alchemist, places his mysterious potion by the door. Ebhard the friar implores Saint Dunstan to bless your weapons and armor. And you and Gretchen grip naked long swords, praying your plate mail won't squeak.
With a thundery crash, the door explodes into fragments! You charge inside, swords and maces swinging. One guard falls beneath the power of your blade... then two more! You storm upstairs to the second floor, but there to greet you is Erhard the Red Wolf, the infamous robber-knight, surrounded by his henchmen. Hans tosses a choking potion into their faces and you quickly charge into the fray. The room echoes with the clash of steel on steel... it's a battle to the death in the Black Forest!
Prepare yourself to enter Darklands... the first realistic fantasy role-playing adventure for computers!
Leading a band of four adventurers across the sinister landscape of 15th Century Germany, you'll face the Middle Ages as people believed it to be! A land seething with mythical beasts, religious power-mongers and blood-thirsty sinister robber-knights!
Watch savage battles unfold before your eyes! Travel hundreds of miles by land and sea... from the Frisian Coast to Bohemia... from the Alps to Prussia... visiting over ninety cities along the way!
Your quest for fame and fortune can take you through raucous city streets and dank mine shafts, or from a robber-knight's tower to the terrifying Sabbaths of witches!
So prepare yourself for the astonishing wonders of a realistic fantasy adventure... in the mysterious Darklands!
- Improve each character's attributes and skills as the game progresses. No artificial character classes or levels!
- Learn alchemical formulas to make your own potions!
- Brilliant watercolor-style graphics bring to life and myths and mysteries of the Middle Ages!
- Easy-to-use and innovative menu presents you with unprecedented role-playing options.
- Character fight in real-time animation! Freeze the actions and give new orders to characters any time you wish!
- Bonus content included! Soundtrack in both MP3 and original MIDI formats included! Cluebook, Map and original reference card.
Pulstar is a fast paced arcade game that brings back the basic of its genre. No nonsense, just kill as long as you can to gain the highest score as possible! This concept gives Pulstar the challenge and high replay value real fans of this genre need!
Pulstar also has a local co-op multiplayer, which means you can team up with your buddy to dominate the world rankings!
- easy to play, hard to master concept
- build up audio and visual experience as you kill more
- activate Pulsetime to slow down the time around you
- local co-op multiplayer
- battle against the world with online leaderboards (single and multiplayer)
- dual analogue control support
- including Steam achievements and Steam gamecards
- available for Windows, Mac and Linux
44. Future Unfolding
Future Unfolding is an action adventure that is all about exploration. Your goal is to unfold the mysteries and solve the puzzles hidden in the beautiful landscapes around you. There are no tutorials, and no one is telling you what to do.
During your journey you encounter different types of wild animals. Some of them are friendly and helpful. Other animals are dangerous — deadly, even. You need to avoid them, or find ways to turn them into friendly creatures.
You can leave the beaten path at any time and hunt down secrets in the forgotten woods. Or go explore in hidden caves. It’s okay to get lost — a detailed auto-map helps you to orient yourself. Over time you map out more and more of the vast environments. There is always a way out. But where to go after?
45. The Madness of Little Emma
Emma was living alone with her younger brother until one day he has disappeared in eerie circumstances. Help Emma find her brother and learn what has happened.
The Madness of Little Emma is a randomly generated action platformer with heavy Rogue-like elements. In her journey Emma will discover tons of varied items and encounter multitudes of unique enemies.
- Over 100 hours of challenging gameplay
- Over 250 items
- 5 playable characters - each with completely different playstyle
- Almost a hundred unique enemy types
- 25 bosses
- Five episodes and multiple hidden areas
- Persistent Steam leaderboard
- A curious story
- 6 cutscenes (intro + 5 endings)
- XB360 Controller support
- Top-quality pixel art
- Cinematic music
- Lots of Achievements and unlockables
- Tons of Secrets
46. Dragon's Wake
Dragon's Wake is a powerful tale of discovery, growth and courage, all told without words. As a fledgling dragon, you will be born into an unknown world - and directly experience the wonders and threats that you discover. As you grow and gain strength and power in this 2D Adventure Platform game, the decisions and choices you make will change the lives of the people left in your wake.
47. Robbie Swifthand and the Orb of Mysteries
Robbie Swifthand and the Orb of Mysteries is a 2D platformer with an old school
feeling, captivating atmosphere and challenges designed to make you THINK before you
Plan ahead your every move and outsmart the traps that are lurking
in the temple or get dissected in hilarious ways!Premise
Robbie wakes up in an unfamiliar room with a small spirit telling him that he has to save humanity.
Who cares ?
If there is a reward he'll do it.
Experience RAGE and satisfaction in this hardcore platformer!
Buy an extra keyboard/gamepad or two .. you'll need it...CONTROLS:
A - MOVE LEFT
S - CROUCH
D - MOVE RIGHT
SPACE - JUMP
R CNTRL - THROW ORB / CONFIRM
ARROWS - LOOK UP / DOWN / LEFT / RIGHT
ESC - EXIT TO LEVEL SELECTION
Use of GamePad is strongly suggested. Default controls are optimised for Xbox 360/One controllers howerer they are fully customizable!
48. Unhappy Ever After
‘Unhappy Ever After’ is a dark, yet funny, RPG that takes traditional fairy tales and turns them on their heads. Along your journey you will meet familiar characters that you’ve know all your life and see them in new situations and within frameworks that you will make you both laugh and despair.
Beyond its parody to the fantasy, ‘Unhappy Ever After’ also aims to parody the real, drawing on situations that are all too pervasive in our world, such as drug abuse, terrorism, and dirty politics. Death too is a prevalent theme and no character, no matter how well known, how famous, or how integral to the plot, is safe from its cold hand!
Despite its beautiful graphics, wondrous music, and humorous interludes, ‘Unhappy Ever After’ is a game, in places, designed to shock and appal, and where your decisions, no matter how noble can lead to devastating ends.
* Explore a free-roam world where you decide who to help and who to leave to their own fate.
* Meet characters from ancient stories and rhymes such as Hansel and Gretel,or Little Red Riding Hood.
* A unique magic system where strengthening one ability weakens another.
* An addictive drug system, complete with dealers and quests.
* An adult-themed RPG with political coups, terrorism, drugs, murder, and revenge.
* Beautiful lands to explore.
* A coming of age story with meaningful character progression.
* Team up with interesting and powerful companions each with their own story, conversations, and personalities!
* A day and night system where characters go to bed and monsters come out at night.
* 14 hour story-line with many extra side quests, plus another 2 hour free bonus DLC 'The Maze of Cefgellin'
* Play on after the story's end, doing quests, and building up your character and base camp.
* Controller support, Mouse and Keyboard - full keybinding.
49. Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar takes you to the plains and forests of ancient Gaul where Julius Caesar wages a decade long war to subjugate the barbarian hordes.
Hegemony Rome will immerse you in the history like no other real time strategy game ever before, forcing you to pay close attention to the changing seasons and rapidly changing military situation. Unfolding across an epic satellite-accurate map stretching from the Mediterranean coast to the British Isles, the game utilizes the Hegemony series' trademark zoom to seamlessly take you from a grand strategic view of your empire right down to the battlefield at any time.
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar brings the past to life as you manage your armies and manipulate your enemies in a beautifully drawn simulation of 1st century BC warfare. Bring all of Gaul under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. Or, unite the Gallic tribes in the expanded sandbox mode and end the threat of Roman rule forever.
- Direct from the hand of Caesar – Four campaigns follow the conquests of Julius Caesar as he wrote them in Commentarii de Bello Gallico. Bridge the Rhine, invade Britannia and conquer the Gauls in over 100 objectives or choose from over 20 factions in the epic sandbox mode.
- All new map – Explore over one million square kilometers that are seamlessly zoomable, from the Mediterranean coast to the shores of Britannia.
- Improved graphics engine – Hegemony Rome supports 10x the terrain detail over previous installments and features a diverse and immersive landscape to explore.
- Build an empire – The construction system allows players to build forts, walls, and bridges at thousands of sites across the map to cement Roman control over the barbarian kingdoms.
- Promote your legions – Players can train officers to augment their unit’s skills as well as appoint governors and construct buildings to expand and improve their cities.
- Starve your enemies – Supply camps and logistics system makes sieges and supply lines more intuitive and more important than ever.
50. CINERIS SOMNIA
CINERIS SOMNIA is a 3D adventure through a beautifully strange and mesmerizing world.STORY
A young girl awakens on the seashore.
All that remain are her sister’s yellow bucket and the sand castle they had just made together.
Her mother is nowhere to be seen.
Blinded by the dazzling sunlight, the young girl takes her first step on a strange, mysterious journey...CHARACTERSThe Girl
An innocent and curious girl.
Wearing her favorite blue sundress, she came to the seashore for a picnic together with her mother and little sister.
But upon awakening from her nap, she realizes that she is now all alone.
A young confined to a sanatorium, her body rife with illness.
She is very quiet and has an air of maturity far beyond most children of her age.
She waits longingly for promises made long ago with someone very special to be fulfilled.
Marie is a cheerful, pure, and active girl.
She whimsically runs around the dark depths of the forest, wearing her pajamas and a cape.
But there is an important reason she came to this forest.
Daughter of a prestigious family owning vast lands and an extravagant mansion.
She is plagued by intense self-loathing due to her belief that she is ugly and plain.
Raised by cold and unloving parents, she spends her days in loneliness and despair, following the orders of her mother and father.
The Tall Man
A mysterious tall man with black clothes, blue hair, and golden eyes.SYSTEM●Autosave
While you can save your game anytime, an autosave feature is also included.
However, it is recommended that you to save your game often.
Once you acquire the map, you can check it anytime.
You'll need to work out your location on your own, but you will receive many hints as well, such as what to check and where to go.
This can be used to check your current destination or purpose at any given time.
However, you are not required to follow this guide at all times.
You may even make some new and interesting discoveries by stopping at different places along the way.
SOUNDTRACKThe original soundtrack is available as DLC. However, the radio music "Luna" was used specially in the game with permission from Maou Damashii, and is not included in the soundtrack.DEVELOPER'S COMMENTSWe started developing this game based on a few simple ideas: "Let's make a 3D game," and "Can we portray the stories and world we've imagined as a video game?"
And finally, the game is here.
We hope you have a wonderful experience traversing this strange world and unraveling the story, as well as taking a deeper look into concepts such as purity, ugliness, joy, and anxiety - some of the complex and constantly moving parts that make up the human psyche.