The best games like The Fall Part 2: Unbound are:
- arrow_rightSerious Sam HD: The First Encounter
- arrow_rightCortex Command
- arrow_rightThe Room
- arrow_rightThe Silent Age
100 Best Games Like The Fall Part 2: Unbound:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (22)
- PlayStation 4 (31)
- iOS (34)
- Android (18)
- macOS (74)
- Linux (47)
- Nintendo Switch (19)
- Nintendo 3DS (1)
- Nintendo DS (1)
- Xbox 360 (13)
- Xbox (4)
- PlayStation 3 (15)
- PlayStation 2 (6)
- PlayStation (4)
- PS Vita (9)
- PSP (7)
- Wii U (4)
- Wii (2)
- GameCube (2)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- Game Boy Color (1)
- SNES (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (1)
- Atari ST (1)
- Genesis (1)
- SEGA Saturn (2)
- SEGA CD (1)
- Dreamcast (1)
- 3DO (1)
INSIDE is a platform adventure game that transfers the atmosphere of a dystopic world. Players assume the role of a lonely boy, who walks through the monochromatic 2.5D environment and solves various puzzles. By the time main antagonists of the character pursue him throughout the whole world. The main storyline follows the unnamed boy through the in-game world locations including a forest, a farm, and a fictional laboratory, where experiments on bodies are held. The gameplay is divided into levels tied to each location. While completing them, the boy, controlled by players, has to swim, run, climb the obstacles and use his supernatural ability to control bodies with his special helmet. In the course of the travel, the protagonist also comes across a siren-like creature, who gives him gear for breathing underwater. The death occurs in several ways ranging from drowning to being shot with a tranquilizer dart. In addition to the basic ending, the storyline features an alternate one, which unlocks after collecting all the hidden glowing orbs.
Transistor is a cyberpunk game that uses isometric point-of-view as its primary mechanic. Following the story of Red, she discovers a body of an unknown man with a sword in his chest called Transistor. Sword has possessed the mind and voice of its previous owner and now able to speak with Red, navigating her in a city called Cloudbank, as the Process attacked the city and still searches for Red to kill her and return the sword back to them for unknown reasons.
Despite having real-time battles, Red can freeze the time with her ability called Turn that draws her action bar. Until it is fully restored, no abilities can be used if only you don't have the upgrades. As an addition, Red can retrieve Functions from her fallen enemies - new powers for her weapon with a passive, persistent effect or other. Beautiful design and interesting lore give this game a unique atmosphere being doubled by the soundtrack, done by Darren Korb.
• An all-new world from the team that created Bastion
• Configure the powerful Transistor with thousands of possible Function combinations
• Action-packed real-time combat fused with a robust strategic planning mode
• Vibrant hand-painted artwork in full 1080p resolution
• Original soundtrack changes dynamically as the action unfolds
• Hours of reactive voiceover create a deep and atmospheric story
• 'Recursion' option introduces procedural battles after finishing the story
• Fully customizable controls custom-tailored for PC
SOMA is a sci-fi survival horror that makes you rethink the description of death. You play as Simon Jarrett who was injured in a crash accident and agreed for an experimental operation on his brain. He wakes up at an abandoned underwater facility full of mutants. Trying to figure out what’s going on, Simon finds Catherine Chun, a scientist, who tells him about the technology of copying the human personality.
The gameplay is based on exploration and puzzle solving. There's no combat, and you are meant to avoid enemies and act stealthily. To progress through the story, you need to search for clues, read multiple notes and solve puzzles.
Though there are monsters in SOMA, it frightens with its atmosphere in the first place. A dark, abandoned station with dead people, uncertainty and the lack of any understanding of what is waiting for you is scarier than screamers and blood rivers. Moral choices you have to make don’t affect the story much: instead, they change your attitude to the events, so it’s you who develops through the game.
4. Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter is an HD remaster of 2001 FPS Serious Sam: The First Encounter developed by Croteam.
The story takes place in a near future where humanity has unraveled an ancient artifact in Egypt which allowed for major technological advancements such as deep space travel. While exploring the space, Sam awakens an alien named Mental that destroys any intelligent life in the universe every 100.000 years. In an effort to save humanity, scientists send Sam back in time in order to kill Mental and prevent any destruction from happening in the first place.
The game features large-scale linear levels that are free for the player to explore as there are secrets hidden throughout them. Most of the levels follow a similar pattern of multiple arenas where players fight several waves of enemies connected by a pathway between them. The scoring system is also present. Player's score depends on the difficulty they play on and on the type of enemy they kill.
Players can get additional information on the enemies, weapons or the surroundings via NETRICSA, an implant inside Sam's skull.
Serious Sam HD: TFE also features multiplayer and co-op with up to 16 people.
5. Cortex Command
Cortex Command is a 2D pixel art tactical game. The story is set in the future where humans united with machines so they can send their brains everywhere in the universe. Since then humans explore other planets, interact with aliens and mine gold. You play as one of these brains that are settled on an unnamed planet and needs to survive there.
As a brain you must complete multiple missions that include self-defense, exploring dangerous parts of the planet, searching for elements of the mechs and so on. There are several factions in the game; each of them has different units you can use to fulfill your plans. The environment is fully destructible and provides you with gold and other resources to protect your brain and attack the opponent’s base.
The game features a turn-based strategic campaign along with a four-player multiplayer mode. Cortex Command can also be easily modified with several in-game editors.
6. The Room
Fall into a world of bizarre contraptions and alchemical machinery with The Room, a BAFTA award-winning 3D puzzler from Fireproof Games. Follow a trail of cryptic letters and solve many unique devices in ever more extraordinary places, on a time-spanning journey where machinery meets myth.
The Room PC is a fully-enhanced HD release of Apple's 2012 iPad Game Of The Year, including the 'EPILOGUE' DLC that adds 20% more content and play time to the original release. This PC version of the game has been many months in the making and has involved recreating almost every asset in the game from the ground up.
Fireproof Games are a small independent team working in Guildford in the UK. We self-published our first game The Room in September 2012 and were stunned with both the critical success and our new-found fan-base, not to mention multiple international awards. The Room has changed our lives and we hope you enjoy playing it as much as we enjoyed making it.
7. The Silent Age
The game is a typical representative of the point-and-click puzzle genre, developed and released in two episodes by the independent Danish studio House on Fire. The game uses the Unity graphics engine and was ported directly to several platforms. Including mobile devices running Android and iOS. The game also was released on Kindle Fire. The first episode was released in 2012, two years later, gamers were able to try out the second and last episode of the game.
The game takes place in 1972 and in 2012. The player takes control of the main character named Joe. After serving in the US Army, the protagonist changes several workplaces and eventually turns out to be a cleaner in the fictional multimillion corporation Archon. The employer turns out to be unclean, and Joe soon finds traces of blood that lead to test labs. To prevent the tragedy, which he involuntarily became a witness to, Joe is forced to use the time machine and correct mistakes of the past.
The main gameplay is tied to the solution of the puzzles of different complexity, scattered in ten story chapters. The part of them uses the plot “device” - the ability of the hero to travel in time. In the PC version, all game dialogs are voiced, the ability to use UltraHD textures is added, and for the version on Steam more than 20 achievements are available and the ability to save the game in the cloud.
Knock-Knock is a survival horror game developed by Russian studio Ice-Pick Lodge on Unity.
The main difference from most horror games is that the fear factor itself is achieved by using the environment. Sounds, creepy texts, suspense - all of that affects the players.
The game's plot is full of unclear moments and allows for multiple interpretations. There is a house in a middle of the forest. It has been used as a lab and a home for three generations of its residents. The Last Resident, just like his ancestors, studies the world around him. One day, the Resident notices that his environment weirdly changes - sounds appear here and there, items get missing. The Resident wants to figure out what's going on.
The main objective of the game is to help the Resident survive in his house until dawn. This can be achieved by walking around the house and turning the light on in its rooms. Only if the player turns on the light in the room, it becomes possible to interact with the items placed inside that room. Such items are the clock, that can be used to speed up time, or hiding spots.
Lighting is an indicator for the appearance of your enemies as it turns off when someone is close to the player. The gameplay is affected by the Resident's bad memory and eyesight.
The time in the game is relative. It can pause, pass as usual, or go back. This depends on the player's actions.
9. Stories Untold
“Stories Untold” is a narrative-driven experimental adventure game, that bends the genre into something completely unique. Combining a mix of classic text-adventure, point-and-click and more, 4 short stories are packaged together into a single mysterious anthology that has been described as “a fantastic, fascinating example of interactive visual storytelling” (Telegraph 5/5) and earning widespread critical acclaim since release.
The game pulls together 80s retro nostalgia, innovative and experimental genre-defying gameplay, and tense, phycological horror to create “one of the most fascinating and unique tales you can play this year” (GameSpew 9/10).
The first Episode “The House Abandon” is now available for free via a demo, to give you a glimpse of what is in store in the full game.
“Stories Untold” was developed by No Code, a Glasgow based ex-AAA development team headed up by Jon McKellan (Alien: Isolation) and Omar Khan.
- Four unique stories, with their own settings, gameplay and mechanics.
- Play mind-bending text adventures, process radio transmissions and conduct experiments on bizarre artifacts
- Gorgeous retro-aesthetic brings back vivid memories, or a glimpse into what was.
- Sublime synth-wave horror soundtrack, inspired by 80s horror soundtracks.
- Achievements to unlock, and narrative secrets to discover
- Genre-hopping: from psychological horror, to tense mystery and terrifying sci-fi; Stories Untold is truly “4 stories, 1 nightmare”.
10. The Fall
The Fall is a 2D side-scrolling adventure game developed by Over the Moon Games.
The game follows Arid, an artificial intelligence installed in combat space suit worn by an unconscious astronaut. They crash land in unknown environments, and Arid’s goal is to save her pilot and restore his health. Being AI, Arid follows strict rules such as not to endanger pilot or not to deceive. The boundaries of AI will is one of the main themes in the game’s story.
The game revolves around exploring environments, solving puzzles and sporadic fighting with different enemies. The gameplay incorporates elements of Metroidvania and point-and-click adventures. Some areas in the game require special items to access that can be found in other parts of the game world. One of the most notable gameplay mechanics in The Fall is that flashlight serves as a pointer. You have to highlight the items to interact with them.
During combat, your flashlight turns into a laser sight. The player can use covers or blend into the background using camouflage. The enemies usually do not need many hits to kill the player. So most of the time landing accurate headshots is the best tactics to defeat enemies. The player can also perform stealth attacks that recover the main hero’s health.
11. ibb & obb
ibb & obb is a two player cooperative game set in a puzzle filled world where gravity goes both up and down. You can only succeed by working closely together.
Find a friend for some true local co-op couch fun or match up online.
Fall up and jump down through 15 levels filled with double gravity puzzles and discover 8 hidden worlds that will test your new non-Newtonian skills to the maximum.
All levels have their own unique music, composed by Kettel, known for his warm melodic electronica.Key Features
- Local and online co-op
- Warm electronic soundtrack by Kettel
- Steam achievements, leaderboards, multiplayer, cloud saving and trading cards
- Secret levels that will test your skills to the max
12. The Room Three
Continuing the critically acclaimed ‘The Room’ game series, Fireproof Games are proud to bring the third instalment to PC.
The Room Three continues the tactile puzzle-solving gameplay of its predecessors while considerably expanding the world for the player to explore. Once again, Fireproof Games have re-built, re-textured and re-lit every asset and environment to bring the mysterious world of The Room to life.
In The Room Three you find yourself lured to a remote island, where you must draw upon all your puzzle-solving ability to navigate a series of trials devised by a mysterious figure known only as “The Craftsman”.
Fireproof Games are a small independent team working in Guildford in the UK. We self-published our first game The Room on iPad in September 2012 and were stunned with both the critical success and our new-found fan-base, not to mention multiple international awards. The Room games have since changed our lives and we hope you enjoy playing them as much as we enjoyed making them.
13. Get Even
Black - an ice-cold mercenary and hired gun - awakes in a mysterious old asylum with no memory of his past.
Under the guidance of his anonymous captor, ‘Red’, Black embarks on a form of treatment, facilitated by a unique technology - a headset that allows the user to relive their memories and experience them again in the present.
And so Black tries to remember.
With the help of the ‘Pandora’ headset, he travels into the depths of his own mind to explore the truth behind the only thing he can remember: the rescue attempt of a teenage girl with a bomb strapped to her chest.
14. Black The Fall
• Unravel the puzzles buried within the oppressive atmosphere of a dystopian dictatorship
• Harness the power of a stolen designator tool to manipulate both man and machine
• Befriend a lonely lost robot and earn its loyal companionship
• Take your shot at overthrowing a Communist State inspired by real world events
Pinstripe is an emotionally charged adventure through Hell created entirely by a one-man team over the course of five years. Play as Teddy, an estranged ex-minister forced to venture through the frozen afterlife in search of his three-year-old daughter Bo, and her perverse kidnapper. Discover the dark secrets of Teddy's past, and confront his sleazy, demonic nemesis, Mr. Pinstripe.
Thomas Brush, creator of award winning indie games Coma and Skinny, reveals a gorgeous art style, breathtaking score, and chilling story with influences from The Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, and Alice in Wonderland.
Explore six hauntingly beautiful levels of Hell.
Listen to an immersive and unique soundtrack written by the game's creator.
Use your slingshot to fight your way through bizarre beasts and interesting puzzles.
Hang out with your family pet George and sniff out clues.
Discover the mystery behind Teddy and Bo's death.
Features a hilarious cast of professional voice actors and celebrity cameo performances!
16. Death Road to Canada
Death Road to Canada is a Randomly Generated Road Trip Simulator. You control and manage a car full of jerks as they explore cities, recruit weird people, argue with each other, and face gigantic swarms of slow zombies.
Death Road is built for replay value. Everything is randomized: locations, events, survivor appearances and personalities. There's a different story every time you play, set in a world that doesn't take itself too seriously.
- Up to 500 zombies can hunt you down at a time. Fight them, try to squirm past, or run.
- Use the character creator to put yourself, friends, and family in the game. Have them show up at random to get eaten!
- Find special and rare events, weapons, and characters with strange abilities.
- Make tough choices in Interactive Fiction events. Get different options and results based on the traits of your party members.
- Teach a dog how to drive a car.
- Throw chairs. Get your characters strong enough to throw large sofas.
- Most family friendly zombie apocalypse game on the market! Any gore explosion is in a cute style. We censor the word d*ngus once.
- Tell people to "Cool it."
- 2 player local same screen co-op where you control up to 4 characters!
17. Rampage Knights
Rampage Knights is a cooperative beat 'em up game mixed up with randomized dungeon crawling and exploration which you can play alone or with a friend online.
You play as a hero trapped by a spell in a magical forest. All paths lead you to a nearby ruined castle, infested with goblins, skeletons and other foul creatures. Gear up with awesome and ridiculous weapons and spells and descend into the deep labyrinth below the ruin to face its sinister master!
Try to get as far as possible in a dungeon with randomized items, spells, traps and encounters. Your hero is upgraded along the way (both visually and gameplay-wise) as you find better weapons, items, magic powers and fight harder and harder monsters.
The main features:
- Frenetic action inspired by Golden Axe and Binding of Isaac
- Singleplayer campaign or co-op for two players (online and local)
- Randomly generated environments with rogue-like elements
- Hero visually evolving with new abilities
- Dozens of spells and weapons with game changing properties
- Long term progress with new classes and features to unlock
- Full controller support
- Mighty foot included!
So what do you say? Are you ready to start the rampage?
18. Edge of Space
Along the way you’ll gather resources to craft armor, weapons, facilities, and vehicles to help you explore the world and conquer its aggressive inhabitants. Your base of operations will evolve from a few basic facilities exposed to the elements into a hardened fortress full of advanced technologies that let you accomplish amazing improvements to your equipment and alter the environment itself.
Be careful, though; almost everything down there wants to kill you, including fierce laser space sharks, artillery-toting polar bears, wickedly quick jetpack penguins, and even crazier horrors. Out on the Edge of Space, you must adapt or you die. Good luck, ArkCo Operative!
- Open World Exploration– Dynamically-generated 2D sandbox set in the deepest recesses of space, explore randomly generated caverns, wormhole anomalies and dive deeper into the planet to discover valuable resources and other rare phenomenon.
- Crazy Creatures – Hordes of enemies and epic bosses ranging from Artillabears, squid pandas, jetpack space penguins, and laser space sharks; not to mention epic bosses like DJ Penguin and Omegatron
- Cooperative Exploration – Engrossing gameplay, built from the ground up, to support multiplayer focusing on cooperative exploration and combat with team-based tactics.
- Advanced Crafting System - Using the power of science, craft advanced technology for weapons, gear and base constructions from basic resources
- Loads of Armor – Ranging from stat boosting battle armor to quirky vanity costumes, craft armor to survive the changing environmental conditions and specialize in different aspects of mining, exploration, and combat.
- Weapons – Create a wide-variety of dynamically generated weapons ranging from guided rocket launchers to Experimental Gauss Rifles and discover new advanced weaponry to expand your arsenal.
- Research System – A new research system allows players more freedom to discover new areas of technology in exploration, combat, base building, and much more.
- Command Center Management – Establish your central base of operation by creating the ultimate Command Center customized with defensive turrets, hangers and repair drones. Make improvements to protect yourself from the constant environmental changes like radiation storms and other anomalies.
- PIOS (Power Input Output Systems) – A simple drag and drop tool, letting you design electrical systems as basic as powering a light or as complex as creating your own logic gates.
- Pets – Create and collect pets that assist you on your epic exploration of space by granting defensive, offensive, or exploration perks.
- Anomalies - Random world events both dangerous and helpful
- Vehicles - Craft items from hover boards to massive mechs to safely explore the dangerous world
- Terraforming - Conquer space by turning the land into a livable habitat
- Continual Support – Regular post-launch updates will bring fresh new content
19. YS: THE OATH IN FELGHANA
When redheaded thrill-seeker Adol Christin and his eternal blue-haired companion Dogi make an unannounced visit to Dogi's homeland of Felghana after an eight-year absence, it quickly becomes apparent that things have changed dramatically. Hordes of violent monsters roam the outskirts of town, a long-dormant volcano has suddenly sprung back to life and the new lord of the land has begun mercilessly and inexplicably extorting money from its long-suffering citizens. While Dogi seeks out his former combat master for answers, Adol tends to the townsfolk -- and finds himself embroiled in a world of political conspiracies, ancient legacies and unthinkable taboos.
A complete 3D reimagining of the 16-bit console classic "Ys III: Wanderers From Ys," Ys: The Oath in Felghana is a fast-paced action role-playing game with tight controls, Metroidvania-style exploration elements, intense combat with epic screen-filling boss battles, and a thrashing, percussive arranged soundtrack that's been heralded by many as one of the best of all time. Based on the original 2005 PC release, this classic is finally officially available in English with added Steamworks features such as achievements and cloud saving.
Come see why Falcom fans the world over regard this game as "Ys, Perfected"!Key Features:
- Six difficulty levels ranging from "Very Easy" for casual players to "Inferno" for true old-school gaming masters.
- Unlockable "Time Attack" and "Boss Rush" modes for anyone looking to show off his/her boss-taming abilities.
- Over 30 unique Steam Achievements as well as Steam Cloud support.
- Adjustable high-resolution PC graphics with original blood effects intact.
- Gamepad support in addition to standard keyboard and mouse controls.
Conarium is a chilling Lovecraftian game that follows the gripping story of four scientists and their endeavour to challenge what we normally consider to be the "absolute" limits of nature. Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's novella At the Mountains of Madness, but largely set after the original story.
You, as Frank Gilman, open your eyes inside a room filled with strange, pulsating noises. Patterns of lights executing a Danse Macabre on the walls is presented by a queer device on the table. Having recalled nothing other than that you’re in Upuaut, an Antarctic base located near the South Pole, you find the place deserted and have a distinct feeling of something being terribly wrong. Somehow knowing that your memories cannot guide you enforces a strange feeling of vulnerability, a familiar yet alien sensation of being a part of a peculiar whole... Soon you will discover that having used the device during the expedition, you have died but then returned subtly changed, speaking of strange memories and of strange places. You have lost something important or gained something sinister...
Explore the Antarctic base, as well as dreams and visions. Study clues and unlock secrets, whilst avoiding macabre beings at all cost.
- A deep and suspense-filled Lovecraftian story with lots of secrets and Easter eggs.
- Ominous but wonderful graphics created with Unreal Engine 4.
- Multiple endings.
- A haunting and atmospheric soundtrack.
Powered by Unreal Engine 4, Conarium aims to bring cutting-edge visuals for a more immersive storytelling and gaming experience.
21. Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2
** Please note: a remastered and improved edition of this game is now available in Zombie Army Trilogy.**
Experience a terrifyingly intense co-op campaign for up to four players in this gut-wrenching sequel to Steam best-seller, Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army.
With World War 2 Europe overrun by legions of the undead, you must find mankind’s salvation deep in the twisted bowels of Berlin by securing the sacred artefacts that unleashed this damnation. Every step must be paid in blood as players work together against impossible odds and descend further into the demon-infested city and the terrifying Führerbunker itself.
Tackle the campaign online in co-op for up to four players, or embark on the twisted missions alone if you’ve got the bottle.
Featuring new enemies, new environments, blood curdling surprises and the return of the infamous X-ray kill cam, Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 will satisfy even the most bloodthirsty of zombie hunters.Key Features
New campaign. New terrors
- Survive an all new stand-alone campaign for up to four players.
- Endure increasingly hellish new locations and oppressive environments.
- Confront blood-chilling new enemies including the Fire Demon, and Summoner.
Nerve-shredding third-person combat
- Experience the trademark sniping, blood-pumping sieges and co-op team play that made the original Nazi Zombie Army a Steam best-seller.
- Revel in the return of the infamous X-ray kill cam as your bullets purify the putrid insides of the undead in slow motion.
- Defy the odds and survive against overwhelming hordes with traps, explosives and powerful new machine-gun turrets.
More thrills. More blood spilled
- Recoil at grotesque new enemies, effects and tense new cinematics.
- Savour the all-new Carpenter-esque soundtrack inspired by slasher-horror cinema.
- This is a stand alone game. It does not require Sniper Elite V2 or Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army to play!
- Steam keys will not activate in Germany
22. Bear With Me
Bear With Me is an episodic noir adventure game. Amber is trying to find her missing brother while being aided by her trusty teddy, Ted E. Bear.
Being haunted by nightmares, Amber wakes up in the middle of the night only to find out that her brother Flint is missing. She seeks help from her trusted teddy, Ted E. Bear, a retired grumpy old detective.
The dynamic duo sets out to hunt for clues and interrogate all the witnesses and suspects unaware of the dangers that recently started happening to residents of Paper City.
The plot thickens as a mysterious "red man" has been seen starting fires around Paper City and looking for little miss Amber.
- Story driven "horror" noir adventure game.
- Uniquely drawn 2D Art-Style and 2D animation.
- Dialogues and interrogations full of puns. Sarcastic, dark and funny from start to finish.
- Variety of clues and puzzles to uncover the mystery.
- Interactive and occasionally playable detective sidekick, Ted E. Bear.
- Simple hint system to avoid pixel hunting.
- Original Soundtrack.
23. Fairy Bloom Freesia
Once upon a time, in a forest called Lita, there lived a fairy whose role it was to protect the trees of the forest from the monsters and humans who would try to steal the spirit stones that provide the forest’s life energy. Her name was Freesia and her kung fu was very, very strong…
Take control of Freesia as she protects Lita Forest by beating the living daylights out of enemies invading the forest!
Use Mana that builds up during battles to learn new skills. As Freesia progresses through the stages, she will pick up many powerful new techniques and abilities. Chain together combos and send enemies flying into other enemies to take out whole groups at a time & cause massive damage!
Beat monsters, human and boss battles and survive long enough to progress to the next day. The more days you survive, the more varied and stronger the enemies will become, and the story of how the humans came to live in harmony with the forest unveils.
Unleash the fairy fists of fury!Key Features:
- Beautiful 3D graphics and stunning effects!
- A huge repertoires of techniques, special moves and magic to obtain and use!
- Hugely satisfying freestyle combinations, enemy juggling and attack chaining!
- Fun cast of characters and story!
- Fully-featured achievements system with 101 awards to achieve!
24. Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location
Welcome to Circus Baby's Pizza World, where family fun and interactivity go beyond anything you've seen at those *other* pizza places! With cutting-edge animatronic entertainers that will knock your kids' socks off, as well as customized pizza catering, no party is complete without Circus Baby and the gang!
Now hiring: Late night technician. Must enjoy cramped spaces and be comfortable around active machinery. Not responsible for death or dismemberment.
25. Rad Rodgers
The StoryRad is a rambunctious but spirited young boy who maybe plays too many video games. After dozing off at the tail end of a long night of gaming, Rad awakens to find his dusty old console has turned itself back on. Suddenly a vortex emerges and he's sucked into his TV, where he finds himself the star in his very own video game adventure.
Dusty is Rad's good-hearted but foul-mouthed, now-sentient game console. His clock speed isn't what it used to be, but what he lacks for in megahertz he makes up for with experience and attitude!
Rad & Dusty's adventure takes them through many dangerous stages of action-packed, humor-filled, hardcore platforming fun. This decaying jungle world has been infected by a fierce corruption, and it's up to the unlikely buddy-duo Rad and Dusty to save the jungle's inhabitants and restore the Elder Tree as guardian of the land.
FeaturesWeapons: Dusty arms Rad with a variety of radical bad-ass weaponry. The Bolt Blaster has unlimited ammo, is easy to use, and more than enough firepower to get the job done. The Phoenix Cannon shoots out a fiery bird whose wingspan lights enemies ablaze as it flies by.
Sounds & Music: Composer Andrew Hulshult combined his years of musical experience (both performing and writing) with his passion for retro-style gaming to create an amazing and authentic soundtrack for the game complete with MIDI-inspired music... And synthesizers!
The Pixelverse: While Rad and Dusty are a great team, only Dusty can enter the electrified Pixelverse -- a dangerous spacetime-breaking region that exists behind the game world. Dusty enters the Pixelverse when necessary to repair glitches in the running game world, allowing both Rad & Dusty to continue their journey.
Classic Easter Eggs: The game features hard-to-find collectibles in sometimes even harder-to-find classic secret rooms. Use your precision platforming skills to collect 'em all.…. And these brand new additions!This new and improved version of Rad Rodgers also include these brand new additions:
Leaderboards: Gain Scores at the end of each level, and battle with friends to reach the top of the leaderboards.
Hats: Unlock more than 20 different hats throughout the game, and customize Rad Rodgers.
New Pogo Vertigo Bonus Levels: Grab a Pogo Stick, and see how far you can get in the new Pogo Vertigo vertical levels.
New Unlockables: Unlock behind the scenes artwork throughout the game.
New Pixelverse Puzzles: Pixelverses have been redesigned, and now include brand new types of Puzzles.
5 New Levels! Fight through 3 new Pogostick Levels, and 2 massive new levels. The Rainforest Rampage, and Raging Ruins.
Minibosses! Introducing 2 minibosses throughout the game.
4 New Enemies! The new Spiky Jellyfish, Powerful Laserheads, and 2 new Minibosses brings new and exciting challenges to the Rad Rodgers enemy roster.
Brand new weapon! The legendary "Excalibat" from Rise of the Triad, makes a return to Rad Rodgers. Become invincible and smack your way through hordes of enemies with the mighty Excalibat.
26. Don't Knock Twice
To save her estranged daughter, a guilt-ridden mother must uncover the frightening truth behind the urban tale of a vengeful, demonic witch. Explore a grand manor house environment and interact with almost every object you see. To find and save your daughter, you will explore all depths of the manor, searching for hidden clues and wield items to fight or escape the terror that surrounds you. Developed alongside the 2017 horror film, Don’t Knock Twice, starring Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica).
“One knock to wake her from her bed, twice to raise her from the dead.”
Play with our without a VR device.VR FEATURESDon’t Knock Twice is designed to be played with our without a VR device.
Only one purchase is necessary, you will be given the option to play in VR or Non VR when starting the game. You are free to switch between modes and carry on where you left off.
A free VR demo available now on Steam for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift with Touch controls.VR LOCOMOTION- Walking Locomotion
- TeleportationGAMEPLAY AREA- Seated
- Room-ScaleSUPPORTED CONTROLSNon VR – Keyboard / Mouse, Standard Controller
Vive VR – Vive Hand Controllers
Oculus VR – Oculus Touch Controllers, Standard ControllerADDITIONAL VR FEATURES- Distance Grabbing or "Stretchy Hands" is an available option in Oculus VR Mode.
- One-Click 90 degree flip buttons are available in Oculus VR Mode.
DARQ tells the story of Lloyd, a boy who becomes aware of the fact that he is dreaming. To Lloyd's misfortune, the dream quickly turns into a nightmare and all attempts to wake up end in failure. While exploring the darkest corners of his subconscious, Lloyd learns how to survive the nightmare by bending the laws of physics and manipulating the fluid fabric of the dream world.
Apart from gravity-defying puzzles, Lloyd will have to use stealth when nearby enemies. He has no chance of winning in an open confrontation, since the creatures he will encounter are much more powerful and faster than him. Instead, he has to rely on careful planning to avoid getting detected.
28. Dead Realm
Ghosts prey on the living inside the haunted grounds of a long dead electricity tycoon. Dead Realm is a creepy multiplayer action game with immersive and horrifyingly beautiful environments. You’ll either play as Human and work with your friends to run, hide, and survive or you can play as a Ghost and reap the living.
Dead Realm is a first person action horror game where players are split into two sides, the living and the undead. Originally an Early Access game, Dead Realm was developed with community feedback to make a fun, fast paced action game which emphasizes stealth and survival over strength. Often times, staying hidden is your best chance to survive and win.
The world of Dead Realm exists on another plane where ghosts of all shapes and sizes seek to reap those who dare to enter their domain. Players can select from multiple modes and pay across 9 varying maps, making sure players can never be scared the same way twice.
- 5 Terrifying Game Modes; each with a different theme and set of rules. Some favor stealth, others favor teamwork, all will make you afraid of things that go bump in the night.
- Ever wanted to fight back against the undead? You can now with our mode, “The Hunted,” which combines the atmospheric experience of Dead Realm with FPS mechanics.
- 9 immersive, horrifying maps, ranging from sprawling outdoor mazes to tight quartered buildings. Each map brings new depth and adds new variations to our different mode.
- A selection of frightening Ghosts (and alternate skins for each) so players can pick a ghoul to best suit their mood and playstyle.
- 10 Special Characters, based on some of the biggest Gaming Video and Streaming personalities in the world, each one made in collaboration with the influencer.
- 10 Humans to choose from, each with unique unlockables, emotes, and style.
- Multiple Enhanced Abilities for ghosts and humans designed to fit strategic, patient, or aggressive playstyles.
“I never cared about this ship...I just…wanted to find myself. I had to. Something deep in my brain – deep in my very soul – clawed at me, struggling to make sense of everything. But the sad truth is that it never could. I never could. I still can’t remember who I am.”
Hello, prospective crew member! Welcome to Shakhter-One, the first space mining ship to gather resources from the atmosphere of the planet Jupiter! Shakhter-One provides mass quantities of supplies to a resource-starved Earth. Thanks to Shakhter-One, we no longer have to depend on coal or oil! Still not sold on making Shakhter-One your new home?
“I don’t even know if this has happened before. Me, here, telling this same, exact story. …Surely not. I would remember that… Right?”
Shakhter-One offers a fresh start among the stars! On Shakhter-One, everybody is important! Everybody is employed! All children have an equal start! We’re confident you’ll see that Shakhter-One is the perfect place to begin your family’s future!
“The only thing that I can truly be sure of is the constant, pervading feeling I have deep inside. I’m empty. I’m hollow.”
In “Hollow,” you are one of the pilots that transports precious resource cargo from the mining ship Shakhter-One down to Earth. One day you wake up in an emergency capsule drifting near the facility. You don’t remember who you are, or how you got out there… All you can remember is an autopilot docking code for capsule dock NR 6.
When you dock with Shakhter-One, it is clear that something has gone horribly wrong. The crew is missing and the entire facility is dealing with catastrophic power issues. As you start to uncover the ship’s terrifying secrets, Shakhter-One threatens to take your identity, your sanity, and – ultimately – your life.
The worst evil is the one that knows us better than we know ourselves.
The worst nightmare is the one borne in our past, emotions, fears, and pain.
- Explore a derelict mining facility in orbit around Jupiter
- Fight through the nightmare and solve the mystery of the Shakhter-One
- Face your fears head-on or use the environment as your ally
- Solve puzzles and use your brain to proceed
- Master face-paced, frenetic gun combat to survive
- Reveal the backstory of the protagonist and set him free from his demons… or succumb to them.
“Humanity found a way into the depths of the space. First brave hearts set off to grasp the unknown. It found them first.
Dreams of pathfinders crashed against the cold flesh of the space. Now and on only one thing matters: what are you capable of to survive?”
“Dispatcher” is a first-person horror with RPG elements.
The game takes place in the near future on a spaceship “Dispatcher” which crew got into an accident and trapped with alien monsters. The few survivors have been infected and are not as friendly as you think.
But was it an accident?
- - Scary mixture of survival horror and atmosphere of classic space science fiction of 60-80’s;
- - Stealth-based gameplay with RPG elements;
- - System of characters’ upgrade that unlock according to the amount of gained experience;
- - 6 character classes, each of which has its own strengths and weaknesses;
- - 4 unique kinds of unpredictable monsters;
- - Partial random generation of levels;
- - Hardcore mode for the most daring players;
- - Beautiful graphic that can fully immerse you into the atmosphere of fear and terror;
- - Also chicks in skinny clothes, blood, screams and other possibility.
31. Shrouded in Sanity
A survival-horror game inspired by Resident Evil 1, Dark Souls, and Eternal Darkness.
Set in the alternative historical setting of 1897 Angelic Empire of Britannia, your contract will order you to eliminate the source of the unnatural fog enveloping the Berelai Manor.
Discover the secrets of the estate, as you look for answers among the violent inhabitants.
A strange and repelling madness took hold of the servants roaming the halls, and they will attack on sight, for their madness is one rooted in a deeper understanding of cosmic insignificance.
To repel the maddening horrors, your Iaito cane, and Waltham A9 hand canon will aid you. To mend your injuries your Vitae concoctions will offer healing.
Beware, whatever unearthly events have transpired, your sanity will be tested as the truth unfolds in this hungry all-consuming Fog.
The whole city has been plunged into darkness. After an accident in the power station, a living electric spark must restore electricity to the city and give citizens back their safe and carefree lives.
"TurnOn" tells the spellbinding tale of a brave alien creature and its striking journey through blackout world. Featuring a charming art style and visual storytelling, cute character personality, and a soothing and magical soundtrack, "TurnOn" makes the world the way it was before, but a little better and kinder.FEATURES
- Setting! Be surprised how the world depends on electricity and what can happen if it suddenly disappears. Solve puzzles and figure out how to turn on the lights in every home, as well as fight unexpected enemies!
- Visual storytelling! Tired of all those dialogs in your video games? Never mind, in "TurnOn" everything is purely visual, and the entire story is told through what you see (and sometimes what you don't).
- Platformer without platforms! The main character moves through the electrical wires. The mix of exploration and music levels makes the gameplay very immersive.
33. Fall of Light
"In the beginning, there was only an excruciating, screaming void, wherein twisted souls writhed about, imprisoned in nothingness. Then the darkness was pierced by Luce, and with her came warmth and order. The time of men had begun, and would last many eras. But the 14th era is one of Darkness…"
As Nyx, an old, retired warrior, evade the Shadows and find your way through the crooked corridors of gloomy dungeons, navigate the treacherous pathways of the darkened overworld and fight emissaries of darkness in long-forgotten temples. Many puzzles and deadly traps stand between you and your goal – to bring your daughter Aether to the last place on the face of Earth that still sees light.
Inspired by games such as Dark Souls and ICO, Fall of Light rewards those who explore the world on their own and draw their own conclusions. Meet odd characters, search through every nook and cranny to unlock hidden secrets and learn more about the history and lore of the somber world around you. Pick your favorite combination of close-range weapons, crossbows and shields, determine your fighting stance and get ready to face hordes of crafty enemies. And above all, keep your daughter from harm, as she is the light piercing the darkness and the key to unlocking forbidden passages.
- 6 different battle stances, including two-handed and dual-wielding
- 7 weapon classes covering both short-range and long-range weaponry
- Guide and protect your companion – Aether, the Indigo child
- Fight Shadows, soldiers of darkness and underworld bosses
- Explore the overworld, scour dungeons and temples to gain and use special powers
- Uncover many secrets and solve various environmental puzzles
34. Gemini: Heroes Reborn
Gemini: Heroes Reborn is a first person action-adventure that allows users to enter into the role of Cassandra, age 20. She is a young woman on a journey of discovery in which she will unlock incredible powers - unique in the Heroes Universe - and solve a mystery in her past. She will be reunited with her long missing family, but not in the way she ever expected.
35. TRI: Of Friendship and Madness
With every twist of a corridor, every raised gantry over your head, every new floor of towers and dungeons in the Odd Gods’ world, TRI challenges you to think outside the box. Empowered by the TRI artifact, you place anchor points on the walls around you and conjure triangular platforms which can be climbed on, walked over and otherwise employed to negotiate the levels ahead. They’ll help you solve puzzles, reach otherwise impossible ascents, reflect light beams and even walk up walls… once you discover how to do it, that is!
A real test of spatial awareness, TRI is a mix of first-person and puzzle gameplay that will push your mind to the absolute limit!
- The Power Of TRI – Create your own path through each level by conjuring triangles out of thin air, then use them to solve puzzles scattered throughout the world of the Odd Gods.
- Go Anywhere, Everywhere – Careful planning and thought can see you go almost anywhere using the triangles; think about where you place them and hunt for the mystical fox statues that allow you to move on!
- New Abilities – There’s always something new to learn, always a new power to be earned. Want to walk on walls? Redirect light rays? Use teleportation? It’s all waiting to be discovered!
- Replay Value – Finding your way through each of TRI’s 16 stages is taxing enough, but you can also hunt for hidden idols, beat the best time or meet fewest triangle targets, against other players on the in-game leaderboards of the Challenge Mode.
The hidden idols also unlock bonus content like making-of pictures and developer commentaries!
- First-Person Puzzling – TRI is a thinking gamer’s FPS; there’s no violence or killing, only the joy of exploration, puzzle solving and triangle conjuring. It’s a true test of skill and spatial awareness!
36. Sword of Asumi
Welcome to Edo, an alternate realm where history took a different route. The Samurai of Japan were never outlawed and the emperor lost power preventing Japan from opening its borders to the other nations of the world.
Edo is now a very different place from modern Japan, where tradition still holds sway other the people and it's leaders. As time has passed the Samurai have been given ever increasing levels of power by the Council of Nobles and their leader the Lord Regent.
This has given rise to the creation of a special core Samurai unit known as the Justicars, though members are appointed by the council, they remain an autonomous unit, able to investigate and judge any threat or criminal they find. It is their duty to safeguard the continuity and protect the people. But Edo is not a land of peace and plenty, strife exists in all corners of the once great empire. Rival factions constantly battle for land and power whilst rebellion grows from within.
Enter Asumi - A female samurai of the black clan, trained from birth to kill on command. Now newly appointed as a Justicar of Edo. Our protagonist finds herself in a place she never thought she would be, outside of the shadows, within an academy, trying to root out a rebel before civil war can engulf Edo and its people.
- Game Features
- Strong, Deadly, Female Protagonist
- PC, Mac & Linux Versions
- 1280 x 720 Standard resolution + Full-screen Mode
- Huge amount of in game choices that effect the story
- Multiple Good and Bad Endings
- Seven major NPCs + Multiple minor NPCs
- Four Romantic Love Interests (2 male & 2 female)
- Over 45,000 word original storyline
- Original Musical Score
- Main Theme Ft. Vocals by Mika KobayashiAdditional Extras
- Music Room - To play tracks from the game
- Codex - Lore on the world of Edo
- Unlockable CG Scene Gallery as you play
- 48 Save Slots with mini Screenshots + quick & auto saving
- Easy Rollback and GUI removal
- Separate Sound & Music volume controls
- Also includes Steam Trading Cards***
37. Lake Ridden
Lake Ridden is an atmospheric, story-driven mystery game. Your sister gets caught in the middle of a fierce conflict, and it’s up to you to find clues and solve puzzles to save her. Luckily, you are not alone.
You are Marie, a 13-year-old girl and the year is 1988. The warm summer is giving way to the first signs of autumn. Reluctantly, you join your younger sister and her friends for one last camping weekend in the wilderness of Maine. It was going just great, but the second night by the sizzling campfire, an argument with your sister ended with her running off into the forest. While searching for her, you stumble upon an old forgotten estate. To survive, and ultimately save both yourself and your sister, you must find clues, solve tricky puzzles and communicate with former residents. Uncover an old conflict driven by poisonous envy, spiraling madness, and unforgotten hate.Key Game Features
- A Beautiful, Haunted SettingUncover an old estate filled with mysteries, explore a stunning forest and experience a thrilling time-bending adventure.
- Challenging Puzzles and InvestigationSolve tricky puzzles and look for clues as you investigate your sister's disappearance.
- Experience a Rich StoryImmerse yourself in a narrative where you'll get to know Marie and other characters as you dive deeper into the mystery.
- Adventure, Mystery, and ExplorationLake Ridden is a story-driven puzzle mystery, focusing on narration and atmosphere. It's a not a horror game, but certainly has a creepy feel to it at times, which we hope you'll enjoy!
Ramto isn’t the smartest guy in the Universe. He enjoys finding troubles - and solving them, but when woke up on a spaceship it was too much even for him. Alone on the ship he had no idea how to pilot, among heaps of weird devices created by a schizophrenic engineer.
Tardy is a quest about fiddling with computers, terminals gadgets and other hi-tech scrap of all sorts. Deal with crazy machines, solve the mystery of the crew disappearance and help Ramto to come back home!
- Do you like conspiracy theories? Start making them up then! The crew is gone, the ship seems to hate you, the Galaxy is engulfed by war and is teeming with traitors.
- Haven’t cried for a while? You’re going to see children dying, characters murdered, and the ending will make you weep (well, not all of you, but still).
- Feel carsick wearing VR-glasses? You won’t need them to immerse into the game. All the buttons, switches and terminals are as good as real.
- Enjoy playing quests but tired of find-the-item and run-around-the-location things? If you don’t want to combine banana peel to a hammer in your inventory, Tardy is the game you’ve been looking for!
- Pixel art still doesn’t make you cry blood? Wonderful! Moreover, ours is pleasing to the eye. Just like our music is pleasing to the ear.
- Tardy costs a bit more than the average sandwich. We can’t believe you haven’t bought it yet!
A calming cruise, an unexpected horror. Welcomed aboard a luxurious cruise liner, you are spending your time enjoying this rare opportunity.
But at the height of the evening, things are not as they appear as a murder brings it all to a grinding halt. With no idea which direction to turn, blame is thrown around the ship in panic as the guests start to suspect one another.
As night falls and a cry echoes out through the ship, the true nightmare begins.
Search for the answers and save yourself and others from a terror you can't begin to explain.
NightCry is a 3D point-and-click adventure game. Click to move your character and search the ship. Interact with objects by selecting them. Make sure you check it all carefully, for the clues you need may not be easy to find.
But searching isn't all you will be doing. As you search, you will be haunted, and the Scissor Walker will be coming for you.
In Exploration Mode, explore the cruise liner for the answers you seek. Learn about the strange and often gruesome happenings that currently plague the ship, solve the puzzles and seek the route that will lead you to safety.
But be warned, searching through the ship's secrets will lead you to trouble and frantic escapes are the only way to survive.
Run, hide and stay quiet for it is coming, and maybe you will survive long enough to learn the true horrors of this oncoming evil force.
Please be advised that the current system requirements are still temporary.
40. Planet RIX-13
Planet RIX-13 is а 2D adventure, in which you play as a space explorer engaged in searching for planets potentially suitable for life. While scanning the next target, you lost control of your ship and had to make an emergency landing. Besides, it quickly became clear that you are not the first person on this planet. You need to find out what was the cause of the accident, and also to find a way to leave this planet and come back home.
41. Drifting Lands
Imagine a Diablo-like game with the mouse clicking part replaced by an horizontal shoot'em'up core gameplay.
That's what is Drifting Lands in essence: first and foremost an action-RPG (Hack'n'Slash or however you may call this). Then and only then a different kind of shoot'em'up, accessible to a wider audience than usual.Drifting Lands main characteristics are:
- randomy generated missions for replayability
- 100 levels of difficulty to climb with your skill or your ability to optimize your gear and powers
- 70 active and passive powers with various effects: dash, area of effect attacks, time control, etc.
- a complex item generation system with a lot of stat modifiers to optimize, unique items with "game changer" powers
- 3 classes of ships for different profiles of players
- Not your usual bland heroic fantasy universe
You’re a super player of bullet hells and don’t mind dying on the first few impacts ?You’ll find a perfect class for you with high-damages / low-resistances interceptors. You’ll benefit from a smart customization of your gear, but your performances on the field will be mainly based on your skill.You enjoy the progressive design of a powerfull build through skills and inventory optimization ?Your class will offer more resistant ships, able to put up with a lot more impacts. But if you want to shine, you’ll have to be smart in the selection of your special powers and how you create synergies with your equipment!
Want to report bugs, ask the team what is planned for this or that, suggest ideas or improvements, know what we're up to for the next update...come have a chat in the community section!
42. Prime Mover
A god falls. A rift opens. A hero rises.
Prime Mover is a game about designing circuit boards from 4Bit Games.In this open-ended puzzle game, you build circuit boards to solve a wide variety of logic and computer science inspired problems. Compare the speed and efficiency of your unique solutions with your friends and the world. Work your way from transistor to processor, uncover the story of the Byte of Burden!Design Circuit boards - Design and build Circuit boards that solve a wide variety of logic and computer science inspired problems.Open-ended puzzles - There are infinitely many ways to solve every puzzle, but some solutions are better than others! Compare your solutions with your friends on the online leaderboards and monitor trends with the global histograms.A toolbox of chips - Utilize a wide variety of components in your quest for optimization! Create circuits boards within circuit boards, within circuit boards!Vibrant soundtrack - Score by the amazing Jonathan Geer, composer of the Owlboy soundtrack.Uncover forgotten secrets - Memory fragments are scattered across the blueprint. Retrace the path of the Prime Mover to uncover the story of the Byte of Burden!
43. Armed with Wings: Rearmed
You are the sword; cut down your foes with steel and thunder. You are the wings; explore the skies and uncover unreachable mysteries. Embark on a journey through a vicious world ruled by darkness and imperial tyranny – the lands of Blackmist.
Armed with Wings: Rearmed is a 2D Action / Platformer rebirth of the original 2008 Flash Game where you command both samurai warrior and eagle.
Darkness continues to plague the world of Blackmist. The Rebel Army is crushed, the war for freedom is lost and the Tyrant King Vandheer continues to rule with his cold, iron fist. However, the cries of the perished have not been ignored by the divine ones who seek to save the world from darkness. So by their hands the strongest of the fallen is resurrected, wielding celestial power and a sacred title, Armed with Wings.The SwordYour blade summons the power of lightning and thunder. Strike your foes and reduce them to mist.The EagleYour Eagle companion will aid you in solving puzzles on your journey. Discover what lies ahead, distract guards, move objects and collect unreachable items.The WorldThe dark world of Blackmist is a dilapidated ruin full of monsters, mercenaries and mysteries. Journey through 40 hand crafted levels brimming with thoughtful puzzles and challenging adversaries.The KingKing Vandheer resides in his palace waiting for your arrival. Execute the divine order and destroy Vandheer.
- Electrifying combat across 40 handcrafted levels.
- Play as both warrior and eagle.
- Multiple modes including survival and multiplayer.
- Striking art style and fluid animation.
- Xbox gamepad support
- Unlockable characters, weapons and more!
Try the Free Survival Demo: Rearmed Trials
44. Elea - Episode 1
Elea: MemoriesElea is a surreal sci-fi adventure game in which you play as space scientist Elea. In 2073, Earth was struck by a horrid childhood disease and Elea’s husband Ethan joined an expedition to colonize Solace, a habitable exoplanet, to save humanity from extinction. The interstellar ship he was on, Pilgrimage, went radio silent shortly after it reached planet Solace. Thirteen years later, Elea joins a recovery mission to investigate the faith of the expedition. What follows is a wondrous journey through space.
- Unravel a rich, touching story inspired by books of classic sci-fi writers
- Submerge yourself in amazing graphics powered by Unreal Engine 4
- Discover gorgeous space environments, spectacular vistas and detailed interiors
- Expect the unexpected on this curious journey through outer space
StoryElea is a game that takes the player on the deeply personal journey of a woman, whose life is marked by loss, grief and self-accusation in the aftermath of a global pandemic that turned her youngest boy into a raging psychopath. Luckily, an Earth-like exoplanet within an achievable distance from the Solar system had been recently discovered. Pooling volunteers from around the globe, a first-of-a-kind interstellar spacecraft was built and sent to colonize the yet unexplored planet. The gargantuan ship was named Pilgrimage, embodying the hopes of all of the humanity. To everyone’s dismay, shortly after a successful arrival, the Pilgrimage went on total radio silence. What caused it remains a mystery.
13 years later, research starship Recovery has arrived on site to investigate the fate of the expedition. The player takes the role of the space scientist River Elea Catherine Jones. She is driven above all by a personal goal – to find her husband Ethan, who occupied a prominent position on the Pilgrimage’s scientific crew. By putting the character up against events and phenomena which are beyond human grasp, the game aims to defy the conventional notions of personal accountability, choice and meaning of life. It is a story about our fragility as a species, about finding solace through surrender.
45. Hollow Knight: Silksong
Hollow Knight: Silksong is the epic sequel to Hollow Knight, the epic action-adventure of bugs and heroes. As the lethal hunter Hornet, journey to all-new lands, discover new powers, battle vast hordes of bugs and beasts and uncover ancient secrets tied to your nature and your past.
Hald and his sister are "Keepers", chosen by the gods, their existence maintains order and balance in the world. But peace is not something everyone desires... Claos, a man filled with dark purpose, decides to plunge the girl in a deep slumbers, in order to break the balance and made evil. His younger brother, Hald, decides to find Claos and break the spell, regardless of the means used. For this it will have to cover a vast world full of mystery and danger...
Inexistence is an independent game developed by Jonathan Brassaud, currently in development for PC.
Discover a vast world full of mysteries and action in this Metroidvania-style game inspired by the classics of the 16-bit era.
- Many varied places, in a pixel art style worthy of the great hits of the SNES era
- RPG Elements enabling customize the stats and equipment of heroes, and get new abilities as you go
- Varied bestiary, with imposing bosses
- Many annex quests and hidden places
- Multiple difficulty levels.
- Many Steam achievements, trading cards, and badges, for lovers of challenges and collection.
Based in Feudal Japan, Disgraced allows you to assume the role of a soldier who was reluctantly conscripted into the newly proclaimed Shogun's army. Serving a corrupt and tyrannical government, you're expected to follow orders and commit terrible atrocities. Torn between duty and justice, you must choose your own path, and forge your own destiny.
Disgraced is a role playing game that follows a fictional storyline based on real events. Your character will participate in a resistance movement determined to bring freedom and justice to Japan.
Build Your Resistance
- Disgraced puts you in control of your own rebellion! Using whatever resources and funds that are available to you, build, manage, and upgrade your very own rebel faction!
Assemble Your Team
- Disgraced features battles that require planning, and strategy in order to claim victory. Choose from a wide selection of companions to accompany you on your quest for freedom and hone your skills as a team!
- Disgraced is a game about striking back against an unjust, and corrupt government. You'll need to meticulously plan out your raids in order to be successful, and use whatever you're lucky enough to get your hands on. You can follow the path of a ninja, a ronin, or anything in between. You play how you want to play.
- Fictional Story Based on Real Events
- Character Creation, & Development
- Open Class Leveling System
- Dynamic Story & Decision System
- Open World Exploration
- Many Unique Locations To Discover
- Diverse & Unique Characters
- Advanced Companion System
- Faction System
- Faction Supply & Upgrade System
- Base Upgrade & Management System
- Arena Mini Game
- Hundreds of Choices for Equipment
- Historically Accurate Weapons & Armor
- Equipment Durability & Degradation System
- Face Constant & Evolving Challenges
- Randomized Loot System
- Dozens of Different Enemies
- Advanced Combat System
- Dozens of Side Quests
- Multi-Layered Skill System
- Hundreds of Skills
- Limitless Replayability
Visual & Audio Features:
- Consuming Atmosphere
- Authentic Soundtrack
- Day/Night Cycle
- Randomized Weather Patterns
- Fog of War
- Detailed Environments
- Over 150 Maps, Areas, & Lands to Explore
- High Quality/Hand Drawn Graphics
- Full Mouse & Keyboard Support
- Support for All Windows Computers
➣ It's an oldschool/boomercore game not by just looks and engine, but by gameplay.
➣ Gory, fast paced shooting, a solid arsenal of weapons and magic items.
➣ Sprawling levels that offer a degree of freedom and don't hold the player's hand. Exploring, hunting secrets, backtracking, patience and having to figure out what to do next is key. Monsters and pickups are hand-placed and vary according to the difficulty you play on.
➣ Original story packed with lots of lore and doubled by a permeating atmosphere.
➣ Original soundtrack ranging from tense to serene ambient, spiced up with bursts of metal. Also, did I mention the legendary Alexander Brandon? If you enjoyed the Unreal and Deus Ex soundtracks, you're in for a treat!
➣ Thousands of hours of work put into an original concept, digitally hand-drawn graphics (textures, sprites, frame by frame animations etc.), scripting, sound effects and level design, all by a one man dev team aiming to create a unique game with a unique atmosphere.
➣ Six to eight hours of good 'ol singleplayer action with five difficulties including Brutalizing, which changes the gameplay to allow interesting second playthroughs (different fights & pick-ups, companions etc.).
➣ It's very light on storage (under 300mb) and well optimized. It's also portable so no DRM and no online ties either - you buy it, it's yours!
My aim is to research classic game design and refresh the valuable bits we've lost in an experience that ultimately rewards the player through learning and investment rather than through mechanically administered gratification.
Hedon is an oldschool game, and that's pretty much enough of a description. You will be dropped in a hostile world that has its own workings, characters and intrigues, and you will be expected to fend for yourself. The build up is slow and steady, the story is consistent, the combat is fast paced and ruthless. You will sometimes find yourself lost in a non linear level design with various aesthetics (forest, caves, forge, barracks, snowy mountain etc.) where exploration and learning by yourself is the key to improve.
You may find that Hedon takes a certain amount of inspiration from games such as Unreal, Blood, Thief, Arx Fatalis, Serious Sam etc. but nonetheless aims to be original at all times.
You play as Zan (any similarity with the creator's username is a pure coincidence), a half Orc - half Demon warrior who wakes up in a caved in tunnel with no memory of how she ended up there. The first episode will focus on our hero's descent into a strange underground world which is threatened by the sudden attack of a massive Cultist force.
There are certain races and factions populating the world of Hedon.
The Iron Division
A faction of amazon-like Orcs and Goblins, the Iron Division are the keepers Hedon's greatest secret - the crystal technology. Various magical crystals sprawl across the underground, providing energy, heat, oxygen and often forming entire biomes around them. Combining this power with crafting and the ancient art of magic, the Iron Division has founded a whole new civilization within their mountain stronghold known as Valc.
Fallen to sin, the raving husks of what were once human now worship various figures of the Underworld. Little can be done to cull their addiction to pain and suffering. Little but a spray of frag fire or an explosive bolt that is...
Chaotic Demons dwell in the deepest parts of Hedon, lashing out at the weaker minds of the inhabitants of the Overworld. Along the ages, they have subdued entire towns to become their cultist slaves and feed their endless hunger through pain and suffering. Demons only care about feeding, and they will stop at nothing to do so.
Ancient dwellers of the underground, Minotaurs and Dwarves have built their own civilizations, ever clenched in warfare with the Demons spawning from below. However, their great cities and heritage were lost hundreds of years after their inevitable defeat in front of Hell's armies, and now they have been scattered and forced to live in small clans and towns.
iamfailtacular - story collaboration/world building, brainstorming
Akhzul - Hedon's OST dedicated composer. A one guitar man band.
Alexander Brandon - The man himself. If you enjoyed the soundtracks of Deus Ex or Unreal, then you're in for a few pleasant surprises. I bought few licenses for some of his personal tracks (and other songs that didn't make it in Deus Ex/Unreal) and fit them into Hedon!
Breathelast - A band of underground sharks who pitched in with instrumental tracks of their songs. Also one of my favorite bands ever.
Methadone Skies - Another solid band from the underground, guilty of creating dreamlike musical atmosphere.
Shivaxi & Xenofish - 5 Michelin Star chef and his cool friend who made an awesome remix for Alexander Brandon's Underworld.
Coding/Scripting/Resource Management: SLADE3
Level Design: GZDoom Builder
Graphic Design (Textures, Sprites, Animations etc.): Adobe Photoshop Elements 8, Clip Studio Paint
3D Modelling: Blender
Sound Editing/Recording/Mixing: Audacity
49. PLAY WITH ME
See how a game created by the very Jigsaw would look like! Use the available objects, outwit tricky illusions and optical puzzles and above all, answer the question – will you dare to Play with Me?
An investigative journalist, Robert Hawk, together with his wife Sara disappears in mysterious circumstances. The police find only the wreck of their car. According to the suspicions of the investigation officers, a man called „Illusion”, a serial killer about who Hawk has been writing investigative articles for a long time, may have something to do with their disappearance. Apparently, he was very close to discover his identity with the help of his friend, a private detective Patrick Clark. Now, as a result of the accident, Hawk finds himself in the “Illusion” and he has to get through a maze of puzzles to survive.
See the dark world created by a sick mind and see who is behind that. However, you will not be alone during this journey – you will be able to win the gratitude of the imprisoned and even get their help with a bit of manipulation and favours. How will you use them? Are you ready to sacrifice your friend to get away from the trap? Test your human nature during many moral choices and secondary quests which will lead you to tens of endings!
Get to a higher level of immersion and use real objects to outsmart the harasser. Blow into the microphone to blow out the candles, make a hand gesture to light the match, shake the box (what may be inside?), open the jar (watch out because the eyeballs may fall out!) or attack someone with a hammer! I hope you have a mirror within your reach… And that is only the beginning of the surprises!
Enter the world of a dangerous psychopath and slowly go mad thanks to such a realistic system of determining the mental state of your character used for the first time in a computer game! At the end, chill out with some additional activities – write your own diary in a virtual telephone, read text messages or play mobile games – all of these to avoid going crazy.
And remember that thanks to some random elements each encounter with the game will be different! When you feel you need a challenge, test your skills in additional modes, including the exceptional survival mode.
50. Residue: Final Cut
Residue is a story-driven 2D platform adventure in which you control three characters with different abilities, exploring an abandoned excavation site in the remains of the Aral Sea in present-day Uzbekistan. Once the fourth largest lake in the world, the Aral Sea is now an arid wasteland, a victim of decades of Soviet cotton irrigation. To some, it is the prime example for humanity to stay out of nature's business. To others, it's a world waiting to be saved.
- Real-world setting: The vanished Aral Sea in Central Asia, peppered with artifacts of an all too real history.
- A world imagined: Eerily detailed, vibrant HD art, closely based on photos from the Aral Sea and filled with secrets.
- Something to say: Experience a non-violent, thought-provoking, fully voiced story concerning the cost of saving worlds, without giving up control.
- Exploration: Explore an interconnected game world using three characters with very different abilities.
- Variety, variety, variety: From climbing to exploring to diving to navigating pitch-black corridors, integrating new gameplay elements at every turn.
- Captivating Soundtrack: With many vocal tracks and an ethnic vibe, composed and produced by Joel Bille
From every disaster, new heroes emerge. This is the story of a suicide mission, an impossible attempt at restoring the Aral Sea. In the late 90's, a disgraced Russian oil tycoon found an underground secret that could save the dry basin. The sea would not be changed. But for the team assembled to work the miracle, life would never be the same again. Ten years later, the survivors' paths begin to converge. Something is pulling them back to the Aral Sea.
See every side of the story
Residue has a story itching to be told. We have done it in the way that only video games can – by putting you in the middle of the action at all times. Resisting the temptation of a clear-cut protagonist, Residue carefully juggles you to let you see every side of the story, alternating between three characters with very different abilities - each one able to reach places the others can't - and very different ambitions. At times they help each other, at times they are in opposition. Sometimes both. Nobody said things weren't complicated.
Did we mention Residue is crazy about the little details? While the main story may take you between two to three hours to complete, you can search for hours for all the little hints and references to real world events, as well as dozens of hidden collectibles and all-round secret content.
Always in control
As seen in our previous, much smaller game They Breathe, The Working Parts are devoted to telling stories in new ways while keeping interactivity at the forefront. That's why Residue isn't a point-and-click, but rather a visceral platform adventure where you're always in control, whether you're monkeying around the ship graveyard or diving through underground tunnels, navigating old Jumagul through dark corridors with a flickering flashlight, or ascending the side of the gigantic stranded drillship with Nikolai's makeshift grappling hook. Around every corner, Residue will show you something new.