The best games like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim are:
- arrow_rightMetro: Last Light Redux
- arrow_rightPillars of Eternity
- arrow_rightThe Banner Saga
- arrow_rightARK: Survival Of The Fittest
- arrow_rightWarhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution
- arrow_rightBound by Flame
- arrow_rightShelter 2
17 Best Games Like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
Filter by Platform Linuxarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (85)
- PlayStation 4 (100)
- iOS (33)
- Android (21)
- macOS (72)
- Linux (37)
- Nintendo Switch (20)
- Nintendo 3DS (1)
- Nintendo DS (13)
- Xbox 360 (89)
- Xbox (7)
- PlayStation 3 (100)
- PlayStation 2 (14)
- PlayStation (5)
- PS Vita (7)
- PSP (7)
- Wii U (6)
- Wii (17)
- GameCube (4)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- SNES (4)
- NES (2)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Apple II (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (5)
- Atari ST (4)
- Genesis (4)
- SEGA Saturn (3)
- Dreamcast (1)
1. Metro: Last Light Redux
It is the sequel to the game Metro 2033. Both games are based on the world of Dmitry Glukhovsky's novel Metro 2033 - in post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of subway lines groups of very different people survive. And not only people. There are mutated people there, and mutated animals. They are distinguished by unusual abilities, but even more - behaviour strategies. In the struggle for the remnants of resources, all these beings spend their gloomy days.
All characters use unusual and unexpected means for life and war. Something is created from the remnants of a past, normal life, something has already appeared in a new, changed world.
Locations are struck by an unusual synthesis of the ruins of a known world and traces of a catastrophe.
From the previous game Metro: Last Light differs, according to general opinion, by careful work on the remarks and shortcomings of the previous game. The set of weapons is significantly expanded, the technologies of Metro 2033 have become more developed.
The game has two fundamentally different endings and five additions.
2. Pillars of Eternity
In the land of Dyrwood, which suffers from a supernatural and inexplicable misfortune: children in Dyrwood are become "Hollowborn", what means, without a soul. The main character gets into a storm, discovering the talent of the "Watcher", which allows him to communicate directly with other people's souls and see other people's lives. During the game, he must reveal his purpose and find a way to solve the problem of "Hollowborn" children.
You will need to travel around the world of Eora, performing tasks for different groups, the relationship with each of which determines a specific reputation system. Reputation is calculated separately for each group and depends on the actions of the player. Fights with opponents occur in real time with the ability to stop the time. Up to five characters-companions can accompany the hero, they not only help in combat but also reveal some important details of the plot.
This game uses a unique role-playing system. A prominent place in it is given to the skills and abilities of the character, not related to the battles. The feature of this system is that the combat and non-combat skills of the character develop independently.
Categories in common with Pillars of Eternity: Role Playing
3. The Banner Saga
The game takes place in a Viking world inhabited by three races (humans, Varls, and Dredges) created by different gods. Once between people and Varls was hostility, but with the emergence of dredges, they were forced to unite forces, for not being killed by them. At the beginning of the game in the world reigns eternal winter; the gods left all races, and the sun stopped, it would seem, forever.
The story begins with Ubin, who arrived in the port city Strand for an annual tribute. Upon arrival in the town, he learns that some bandits want to capture the authority. He's moving to the Town Tall to help the Governor deal with them. Soon, a squad of Prince Vognir and Prince Ludin arrive in the Strand. In the next morning, Ubin joins the team of Vognir, and they are all going in Grofheim
The player controls a squad of soldiers under the leadership of the hero. In a single-player game, the hero has a story task, which usually requires getting to some point of the game world. On the way to the target, you can occur all sorts of events, and some of them will need the player to make decisions that affect future events.
4. ARK: Survival Of The Fittest
Welcome to ARK: Survival of the Fittest, the first ever M.O.S.A. - a Multiplayer Online Survival Arena - that Studio Wildcard designed for the burgeoning wild west of eSports. A spin-off from the most popular open-world Early Access game on Steam ARK: Survival Evolved, ARK: Survival of the Fittest (SotF) pits up to 72 combatants in an action-packed struggle for survival where players are ultimately pushed into an epic final showdown where only one “Tribe” will make it out alive.
Survivors can form one- to six-person Tribes with the options to choose Unofficial and Official (Ranked) servers, and a variety of game-lengths and sizes in which to play. Players will start in the base forest environment introduced in the original ARK: Survival Evolved, with new environments and creatures introduced as the game evolves. Dedicated eSport ranking, matchmaking, reward, and tournament features make ARK: SotF readily accessible to all players.
Balanced for intense competition, contestants begin in a neutral staging area where they can communicate pre-game, strategize, or talk trash. After a count-down, they dramatically descend from the sky onto the ARK in a circular formation via beams of light. There is a cache of valuable items in the center – do survivors dash for the goods and fight it out, do they run into the forest and hide, search for Dinosaurs to rapidly build their army, or do they freeze up from the sheer terror of death? A continually shrinking “ring of death” forces contestants ever closer together over time. The hunt is on!
Action-Packed Core Survival Gameplay
30+ Creatures to Tame and Ride at Early Access Start, Many more planned at full launch
Multiple game modes (1v1, 2v2, 4v4, and 6v6)
One-to-Six Player Tribes
Variable game configurations ranging from 30-minute “instant action” to three-hour long “epic wars”
Top-ranked players are listed dynamically on SurviveTheArk.com and are provided monthly prize packages!
Game-Changing Tameable Super Creatures (Dragon, Giant Ape, Brood Mother)
Random “Evolution Events”
Arsenal of Weapons, Traps, Armor, Structures and other Items from Primitive to Modern Tech Tiers
Robust Ranking, Tournament & Spectator Features
Exclusive SotF Cosmetic Items that can also be used in ARK: Survival Evolved
Custom-Painted “War Banners” enable Tribes to show off their team spirit on Flags across their army of Dinosaurs, and are also broadcast on the gigantic billboards during game events. Just don’t draw anything offensive!
A custom soundtrack written by award-winning composer Gareth Coker of Ori and the Blind Forest!
5. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution
Another game in the Warhammer universe which seeks to replicate the success of the legendary Dawn War released back in the 2000s. Dawn of War II Retribution is a standalone expansion pack that features new faction: the Imperial Guard.
The game is set in the fictional universe of Warhammer known for its factions and gore visuals. In this expansion, there are new campaigns for all game races. The action takes place in the Sub-sector Aurelia 10 years after the last installment in the series.
The developers tried to re-invent the genre of RTS, adding elements of the popular MOBA genre. The player gains control over a squad of units led by a hero and completes missions at different locations in the game’s universe. Hero levels up gather items of different rarity, learns new skills and abilities to overtop enemies and bosses.
Base building is still present in the game, albeit in a truncated form: in multiplayer, players must develop their outpost. The addition also adds a new hero to the roster and new enemy types to beat.
Categories in common with Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution: Strategy
6. Bound by Flame
In this RPG where all your choices lead to consequences, you will have to choose between unleashing the powers of the beast within and rejecting the demonic influence that wants to claim your humanity.
Freely develop your abilities and combat style through three skill trees: swing the heavy weapons of the Fighter, wield the sneaky dual daggers of the Ranger, or use the devastating flame spells of the Pyromancer.
Recruit companions who will live, love, hate and fight alongside you against the dreadful creatures of Vertiel, in real-time epic battles based on tactics and reaction.
The bigger the danger, the greater the temptation to draw on the demon’s power at the cost of your soul… which way will YOU choose?
Northern Canada, 1970. A strange blizzard ravages Atamipek Lake. Step into the shoes of a detective to explore the eerie village, investigate surreal events, and battle the elements to survive. Kona is a chilly, narrative-driven interactive tale you won't soon forget.
"Parabole has created a stunning game of duality, effortlessly blending survivalism with detective work and well-researched history with dying folklore."
- Stephen Turner, Destructoid
"It’s tremendous at creating its distinct atmosphere and then drawing you deeper in. It’s witty, spooky, and achieves an ideal sense of urgency. Weird, clamant and intriguing, this is well worth a look."
- John Walker, Rock, Paper, ShotgunSettingOctober 1970. W. Hamilton, a rich industrialist who owns a hunting manor in Northern Canada, reports several cases of vandalism perpetrated against his property. Unable to find out who dared to commit these acts, Hamilton calls Carl Faubert, a renowned private detective to handle the affair.
In Kona, Carl becomes trapped up in the deep north, engulfed in an unexpected snowstorm, and is unable to find his client —or any other living inhabitant for that matter. The player incarnated detective Faubert, who must shed light on the mysterious events befalling the area.Key Features
- Step into a surreal interactive tale of mystery and investigate the perplexing quietness in the entire town
- Explore a vast, frigid Northern environment and battle the elements to survive
- Enjoy the atmospheric soundtrack featuring music by Quebec folk band CuréLabel
- Experience the tale through the omniscient, third-person storyteller
- Go back in time with a vintage look and feel reminiscent of 1970s rural communities
8. Shelter 2
Shelter 2 is a survival game, set in the tundra. It is a sequel of Shelter.
You play as a mother lynx. In the beginning, the lynx is pregnant, and she is preparing to den. After the birth of her kittens, she protects and feeds them. When they are strong enough to follow the lynx, they begin exploring the area and hunting. In the end, after becoming a grown-up, they leave their mother.
After the birth of your cubs, you can name each one. There is a family tree, so the player aims to keep it going.
You have to protect the kittens. However, you should be prepared, that the death can chase them anytime. Sometimes the lynx has to fight enemies (wolves, eagles) and suffer from the natural disasters. As for the hunting, while progressing, the prey is becoming more prominent. In the beginning, it can be different critters, but then the mother lynx and her grown-ups kill dears. However, hunting is a bit limited in scope, because it includes only running fast and chomping. To do all these actions, you only need to beat one button. Overall, the mechanism is quite simple.
The lynx can bite, roar, sniff the air, break into a sprint, but each action needs only one button to press. Moreover, you can explore the different environments of the Shelter. There is a map, where you can see the terrain as you travel.
9. Dustforce DX
Dustforce DX is the updated version of Dustforce, a platformer game where you need to clean up the world of dust. DX update added new maps and music. The tutorial was also redesigned to be friendlier to newcomers. In fact, DX version extends the game’s audience from a very hardcore to the medium one, giving more time to master the gameplay.
As a part of a four-member team (with AI teammates or in co-op with real players) you go through levels cleaning them and fighting monsters you meet. There are four playable characters in Dustforce, however, they differ only in the appearance with slight stats’ changing.
The goal of the game is to reach the other side of every level and kill enemies there. You can perform different moves, featuring jumping, climbing walls, several attacks and so on. The game places a heavy focus on timing so overcoming numerous obstacles become very challenging.
10. Pirates, Vikings, and Knights II
Pirates, Vikings, and Knights II boasts a unique three-team symmetry and a myriad of colorful characters to promote exciting, strategic, and fun gameplay. It features several game modes, each requiring its own special brand of cunning to master. Do battle on a tropical island for control of bountiful treasure. Appease your gods by spilling the blood of your enemies deep within a Mayan temple. Conquer your foes by taking control of precious badlands territory. But most importantly, have FUN!Features & Accolades
- Three teams with 9 unique player classes
- Fun, skill-based combat
- Swords, axes, guns, and explosives
- Unique voice acting for every character
- A variety of gorgeous levels
- Whimsical and challenging achievements
- Command-able attack parrots
- 100% FREE!
- Skirmisher: A light-footed scallywag who can blow enemies away with his gunpowder-packed keg.
- Captain: Brandishes a peg-leg, hook, and an attack parrot, which will seek out enemies and peck them to death!
- Sharpshooter: A Spanish sweet-talker who snipes his enemies from a safe distance, or cuts them to pieces with his butter knife.
- Berserker: A shirtless and battle-crazed warrior capable of mowing enemies down with his dual-wielded weapons and giant axe.
- Huscarl: Throwing axes, a two-handed battle axe, and sword/shield combo allow this warrior to take on the toughest enemies.
- Gestir: A well-seasoned master of the spear and javelins who has no problem skewering his enemies either up close or from a distance.
- Heavy Knights: Wearing a full suit of armor, this battle tank can cut his foes in half with his great sword.
- Archer: There is no match for a skilled archer with a quiver full of arrows. He sometimes reigns fire down upon his enemies.
- Man-at-Arms: A Frenchman with a sense of humor. He brandishes a halberd, mace & buckler, and his fart special will leave enemies dazed and confused.
11. MIND: Path to Thalamus Enhanced Edition
Change the entire environment!Wrapped in a mind-bending tale, the gameplay of “MIND” focuses on changing the very weather in order to solve puzzles: the player will cycle between day and night, modify the levels of fog and rain and even travel in time between seasons, changing the environment to advance the gameplay-driven story —indeed, the mechanics are directly related to who the protagonist is, what has happened to him and everything he is doing: a man trapped in his own mind, he must use all the tools at his disposition to escape to reality. Accompanied by the snarky yet heartfelt narration of this comatose patient, the player will guide him through fantastical forests, dark caverns and deceptive worlds of water and ice that directly relate to his emotional state at each point in his journey.Enhanced Edition Features
- Play the game in Virtual Reality for a full immersive experience. VR support only for motion controllers (HTC VIVE and Oculus Rift + Oculus Touch).
- Powerfull new Unreal Engine 4 engine gaining even 70% more performance in almost every level.
- Steam controller, keyboard, gamepad and VR controllers 100% supported and configurable.
- 4 secret levels, redesigned interactive ending, narration and also an alternative ending.
- More than 40 different, creative puzzles seamlessly integrated into the environment.
- 6 ways to affect the environment in order to solve the puzzles.
- More than 25 distinct landscapes into with which you will be able to interact.
- Turn day to night, make it so everything is covered by a blinding fog, summon incredible storms, travel to the past and make use of even more as of yet unknown mechanics.
- More than an hour of voice acting that, while integrated into the gameplay itself, will tell you a whole story that is not about saving the world but about living through the pain of a father broken by his mistakes.
- Face down imposing enemies by using your creativity and everything you have learnt along the way.
- 22 achievements full of Easter eggs and references.
- OST and Artbook included.
Developed by Carlos Coronado Carlos Coronado, Dani Navarro y Luka Nieto. Aditional code by Jose Ladislao. Voice by Greg Nugent.
12. Planet Centauri
Embark on your greatest adventure to Planet Centauri! Discover new biomes, explore hidden dungeons, capture and tame monsters, build and protect a NPC community, craft your own weapons and create your own magic spells! Save and protect the native Chlorinian species from the evil Night Walkers! Develop and raise the Planet Centauri to the heavens as the cradle of a new civilization!Catch them all! Capture and tame monsters!
Your new companions will support you and will evolve to become stronger! Each captured creature keeps its unique features, evolving as it gains experience fighting by your side.
Suffixes, characteristics and runes
- Use runes to enchant your equipment with various stats and effects!
- Weapons and armor share 7 levels of rarity! Higher rarity always coming with stronger, and more unique effects and characteristics!
- Monsters also happen to have rarity levels, rarer monsters being much more powerful and dangerous than their common counterparts, with unique abilities and reinforced stats.
From controlling the arc and pattern of your fireballs to simply enhancing your jumping abilities, craft a plethora of magical effects to fit your desires.Agriculture and Cooking
Eat well to get stronger has never been a more truthful quote than in Planet Centauri. Eating various types of food will cause your character to grow stronger and develop his abilities.
Build a village and assign roles and jobs to its inhabitants
Save the native Chlorinians, build and fortify their villages. Befriend them and grant them jobs as hunters, tailors, guards, wizards, researchers and much more!
Thanks to the LUA script, you can easily program custom AIs and behaviors for your robots and villagers! Imagination is your only limit! Mining, hunting, defense, exploration, whatever you want!Create without limits with our unique network system!
Planet Centauri's network system allows you to design various electronic systems, from humble automated house lighting to frantic death lasers! This is achieved through a large number of electric and electronic components, including : - generators, power wires, resistors, capacitors - noise, serrated, square and sinusoidal signal generators - up to 16 bit information signal, with a large variety of mathematical and binary operators!
You can find more detailed information on our network systems following this link :
- Mac port
- Themed dungeons
- Mystery Biomes
- Biomes : oceans
- Fluid dynamics
- Technological weapons and armors
- Quests & Events
- Vehicles & Mechs
- Modding compatibility
- Grapple hook / ninja rope
- God Saucer (minigames area)
- Tower of 100 challenges
- Achievements / Game encyclopedia
- Fire (buildings can catch on fire etc)
- Gas dynamics
- Space exploration & combat
13. Queen's Quest 4: Sacred Truce
The realm of the Five Kingdoms faces a formidable challenge. A mysterious power is trying to destroy the relationship between humans and elves and start a conflict. What will happen to this legendary world when the covenant of magic between humans, elves, dwarves, goblins and hobbits ends?
After many years of peace between the Five Kingdoms, dark clouds are gathering over the realm of humans and elves. After an attempt to assassinate the Elf King, life's delicate balance, which was only maintained through the magic of the Sacred Truce, has come to end. Friends and neighbors are beginning to turn against each other. Suddenly the tiny village of Saddletown becomes the centre of attention for the entire kingdom – according to the elves it's where the would-be assassin is hiding. It seems that the people of the town must answer for his crimes.
The mayor of Saddletown invites the emissary of the Peacekeepers Guild for a meeting. The ongoing peace between humans and elves and the fate of Five Kingdoms are in his hands.
- Play 32 minigames to discover the history of the Five Kingdoms!
- Visit 43 unique places in the world of the elves!
- Travel through a land of magnificent adventure!
- Find cleverly hidden objects!
- Face the magical runes and unlock all 24 achievements.
14. Bloodlines of Prima
Those brave enough to conquer the untamed primordial lands will be richly rewarded should they unearth what legend claims is hidden there. Tread carefully. If you die, you lose everything.
Bloodlines of Prima is a FPS Rogue-lite Multiplayer game, set in a land overwhelmed by mysterious elemental forces. You are in search of the Prima Materia, the key to creating the legendary Philospher’s Stone.
- Mix and match hundreds of different abilities to achieve your goals.
- Collect essences of your slain enemies to reinforce the base camp, unlocking new buildings and services, summon bosses or buy powerful equipment for your character.
- Help your server to progress and conquer challenges before other servers do.
- Unlock bank access to save your most precious treasures from being pillaged from your dead body.
- Explore a huge, diverse environment dominated by strong elemental enemies.
- Upgrade your equipment, craft consumables to increase your power, or transmute your accessories to augment your abilities.
The more you explore and conquer, the more powerful your Bloodline becomes.
There is no memory and lost in the sea of stars, something is reaching for you.
Now it's time to wake up and explore this majestic and forgotten world, emerging out of the gloom and unfolding its branches towards your enlighten curiosity.
Open yourself to its exhilarating landscapes, forgotten thoughts of another time, surreal happenings and a mystery veiling a truth about this world.
Remember your being and remember your abilities. Wander freely through these lands and beyond to find yourself. And finally discover the truth, the past and the future of places, you never believed would exist...
ESSENCE is a surreal and atmospheric first-person exploration game.
This game is as much about exploring the different worlds and collecting lost and cryptic fragments of beautiful landscapes as discovering secret places filled with mysterious messages. Also, it is about learning new abilities that help you proceed further on otherwise hidden paths. The further you will go the more possibilities you will have to interact with the world and its surroundings.
The game has a narration, that will combine messages from different characters with a dense and diverse environmental storytelling. By uncovering all these places and messages you will experience an anomalous story that slowly leads you to one interwoven conclusion.
ESSENCE is a mesmerizing journey full of wonder in which you can lose yourself, diving deep in an atmosphere, filled with feelings about an ancient civilization, arcane technology and lost philosophy, a journey that will change the way you see exploration ...
See you soon,