The best games like Terraria are:
- arrow_rightDead Cells
- arrow_rightThe Mummy Demastered
- arrow_rightMaldita Castilla EX - Cursed Castile
- arrow_rightCast of the Seven Godsends
16 Best Games Like Terraria:
Filter by Platform PlayStation 4arrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (20)
- PlayStation 4 (26)
- iOS (42)
- Android (23)
- macOS (100)
- Linux (66)
- Nintendo Switch (29)
- Nintendo 3DS (3)
- Nintendo DS (4)
- Xbox 360 (14)
- Xbox (2)
- PlayStation 3 (19)
- PlayStation 2 (1)
- PlayStation (9)
- PS Vita (7)
- PSP (8)
- Wii U (6)
- Wii (13)
- GameCube (3)
- Game Boy Advance (4)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (2)
- SNES (7)
- NES (6)
- Classic Macintosh (5)
- Apple II (3)
- Commodore / Amiga (17)
- Atari 8-bit (1)
- Atari ST (11)
- Genesis (9)
- SEGA Saturn (3)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA Master System (2)
- Dreamcast (3)
- 3DO (1)
- Jaguar (1)
- Game Gear (2)
1. Dead Cells
Dead Cells is a roguelike adventure title developed by Motion Twin.
Not much story is present in the game, as only bits of any information are given out to the players. The game takes place at a remote island, where the players take place of the Prisoner. The Prisoner does not speak, yet he can express confusion and frustration using his body language. The Prisoner is basically immortal, as, in case of death, his head disconnects itself from the Prisoner's body, and gets back to the game's starting area.
The game's heavily inspired by The Binding of Isaac, as stated by the developers.
Dead Cells features the procedurally generated environments that are typical for roguelike games, yet it puts a strong emphasis on exploration that is typically found in metroidvanias.
The players set out to explore the island where a prison was built. As the players come down into the dungeons of the island, they find various loot, fight dangerous creatures, collect armor, abilities, and power-ups. Upon death, the players lose all the loot they had on them. It is possible to find a shopkeep somewhere in the dungeons to purchase new equipment or have some rest.
The game uses death as a learning experience, as it randomizes the placement of enemies, so the players can't take multiple attempts to complete a level. The developers want the player to examine the enemy behavior and learn how to combat the enemies themselves.
Chariot is a couch co-op platformer that can be played alone or with a friend. Players take the role of the brave Princess or her faithful Fiancé as they maneuver the departed king's coffin-on-wheels through 25 levels set in 5 vibrant underground environments, with his majesty's ghost giving them a piece of his mind every step of the way. Filled to the brim with emergent physics-based gameplay, Chariot offers hours of exciting exploration, fast-paced ride sequences and mountains upon mountains of loot! Notice: We highly recommend playing Chariot with a controller.
• Includes BRUTAL content such as ‘The Brute’ playable character, ‘The Dark Forest’ outdoor environment, and much more.
• A 3D ACTION ROGUE-LIKE. Combines fast third-person combat with permadeath dungeon-delving for a game that’s diabolically hardcore. Anticipate enemy attack patterns, time your actions for maximum effect, and use smart combinations of light, heavy, and power attacks to defeat your enemies.
• EXPLORE AN EVER-SHIFTING DUNGEON. Every playthrough offers new locations to discover, new threats to face, new traps to avoid, new items to craft, and new treasures to uncover.
• DEFEAT HORDES OF DEADLY ENEMIES. Face ever-deadlier threats as you go deeper into the dungeon. Gemeaters, Changelings, Hoardmen, Fire Djinns, and many more exist only to kill you.
• TEAM-UP IN 2 - 4 PLAYER CO-OP. Drop into multiplayer games and fight side-by-side, revive fallen comrades, and share valuable treasures as you face the dangers together.
1 player, 2-4 Network Players, 4GB HDD min size, DUALSHOCK4, Remote Play, Online (Optional)
4. The Mummy Demastered
A powerful ancient evil has arisen, and the war to save humanity has begun! The Mummy Demastered throws you into a 16-bit-inspired battle against the undead in a 2D, nonlinear, action-packed adventure. As an elite agent in the monster-hunting Prodigium organization, you must use a variety of weapons, upgrades, and mysterious artifacts to defend mankind against the supernatural hordes of Princess Ahmanet. Your Prodigium unit is already on the scene, but HQ lost contact with them hours ago. Only by exploring tombs, forests, abandoned tunnels, and the cursed streets of London will you discover the fate of your allies. But beware - Ahmanet commands legions of undead, insects, plague-ridden vermin, and worse! If you're not careful, you'll be the next soul in her army.
- Stunning retro-inspired graphics and atmospheric chiptune soundtrack
- Shoot-'em-up action meets exploration-based adventuring
- Fight for survival against swams of horrifying enemies and bosses
- Obliterate monsters with an arsenal of weapons including grenades, a flamethrower and more
- Uncover and collect 50 hidden relics
5. Maldita Castilla EX - Cursed Castile
The tears of a young witch have been turned by a demon into a key that opens up a gateway for the evil in this world. The King Alfonso VI of León has gathered his loyal knights to get to Tolomera del Rey and finish the nightmare using the power of the Witch’s tears.
Banish the zombies and demons that entered the Kingdom of Castile with Don Ramiro, the loyal King’s Knight, and his friends. For that, you will use a different range of weapons to defeat your enemies through the cursed lands of Tolomera, in a pure classic arcade action style.
This new instalment features:
- 8 Stages
- 19 Bosses
- 48+ types of enemies
- 4 different endings
- 15 unlockable achievements
- New music tracks
- Remixed and remastered audio
- Illustrated Bestiary – with unlockable information about the myths behind each creature included in the game
- 8 screen view modes
- Navigation menu
- Specific content adaptation for the end platform to improve the gamer experience
In a vast universe of connected worlds, the choice is yours.
Explorer? Builder? Hunter? Trader? Fighter? Discover your place in the massive open-universe sandbox of Boundless. Watch the sunrise on one world before hunting down rare creatures on another. Explore dark caverns alone or build an empire with friends. Mine, trade or battle for resources. Can you unearth the elusive Oort technologies?
Will you build a shop, sell your treasures, craft amazing contraptions? Do you yearn to join the hunt for Titans, claim your land or seek new worlds? Open a Portal and expand your reach across the universe as you shape your citizen, define your role, and become Boundless.
Join the Great Transmigration and explore the Known Worlds of Boundless. Each world is full of unique inhabitants and resources, ripe for discovery. With your trusty Totem in hand and the ability to build Warp Conduits, you can pinpoint locations on other worlds and travel seamlessly between them. No waiting. No loading.
Discover and use materials to build your base. Craft Beacons and claim land as your own, protecting all your beloved items within it bounds from other Players and from sacrifice to the land. Use special tools to tweak and transform blocks into ever more interesting and unique structures. Your imagination is Boundless.
Master the art of crafting! Create weapons, tools, building materials, and a whole host of other technologies waiting to be discovered in the Known Worlds. Use advanced Crafting Machines to build ever more sophisticated items and further your potential. Forge your legacy.
Hunt down creatures of all shapes and sizes scattered throughout the Known Worlds. Each world has it’s own unique breed of creatures to discover, each requiring different strategies to best. Get ready to take on the challenge.
Everything bought and sold in Boundless is generated by you the players. Buy and sell items through player owned shops, compete with others to become the most successful trader in the universe.
Boundless is a sandbox MMORPG that encourages player collaboration. Find friends or players from all over the world. Explore, defeat dangerous creatures, gather rare resources and build a colony together.
- Learn the basics! Carefully crafted tutorials help you to understand the core elements of the game.
- Complete Objectives, Feats and events to earn Coin and Experience Points to level up your character
- Spend your hard earned skill points in the Skill Tree and tailor your character to how you want to play the game
- Craft thousands of items including, building blocks, tools, weapons, food and many more
- Colonise planets by yourself or join a settlement with others and grow your beacon into the capital of the world with the Prestige system
- Build and maintain a Portal between two worlds for you and others to use
- Trade items with others or set up a shop to sell and buy items while you’re off adventuring
- Each world automatically regenerates areas that are not protected by a Beacon and returns it to its original layout, creating new and much needed resources for you to collect
- Seamlessly travel to new worlds and discover different creatures, resources, block colours and user generated creations in an ever-changing universe
No Subscription Required
Purchase the game and enjoy your Boundless journey with NO MONTHLY FEE!
Action-adventure at its finest! Explore a 3D world inspired by real Sierra Tarahumara landscapes while solving puzzles, collecting magic herbs, fighting soul-eating foes, and running with the world-renowned Tarahumara prowess. The Tarahumara have been called super athletes, super humans, and even The Greatest Race the world has ever seen because of their running skills. Harness this amazing ability and engage in fast-paced gameplay!
Mulaka is being designed hand in hand with renowned anthropologists and Tarahumara leaders to capture the true essence of the culture in the game. We have unearthed old books, crumbling texts and forgotten diaries and gotten the most playable elements, as well as the coolest myths and stories and recorded authentic Tarahumara dialogue. Everything has been done so you can experience the power and adventurous history of this culture.
The gods have witnessed foulness spreading throughout their creation, corrupting men and beast alike. They now delve deep within themselves debating whether or not it's time to wipe this world clean and start over. It’s your duty to rally the demi-gods and gain their trust to save humanity! The Sukurúame is the shaman or warlock capable of interacting with the gods above, below and everywhere in between. He is also the most capable of facing mythical creatures like the gigantic Ganoko, the soul-eating Rusíwari or the fire-spitting Sipabuara.
Sukurúames are skillful at melee combat and can create special magic potions to enhance their powers and gain new abilities. Obtain new powerful transformations from the mighty demi-gods throughout your quest and become a true Sukurúame!
Mulaka features a gorgeous low-poly art style that shines with vibrant colors and breathtaking vistas that you won't believe! The low polygonal visual direction allows us to portray the vast varied landscapes of the region without sacrificing any fidelity to their real world counterparts. Not only will you look at a pretty game, but you'll feel in the Tarahumara lands. Enjoy the barren dunes of the Samalayuca desert, the unique architecture of Paquimé, the calm and romantic mood at the Lake of Arareko, the majestic nature of Basaseachi, and more!
By playing Mulaka, you're helping us contribute to the well-being of this community. We will donate up to 10% of the game earnings to NGOs that focus efforts on the Sierra Tarahumara.
8. Cast of the Seven Godsends
Four levels of difficulty, six worlds to conquer, twelve mid and end-of-level bosses, seven god-like armour sets, five basic weapons and thirty-five magic combat spells!
The evil emperor Zaraaima has kidnapped the infant heir to the land of Dareca. King Kandar must call upon the aid of the seven gods of Dareca as he traverses the six worlds of his kingdom in a bid to save his son. He must face the emperor's hordes as he battles through dark woods, slimy swamps, sinister mills, infernal volcanos, snowy mountains, golden cities and demonic castles. Each world is guarded by level bosses each sworn to bring about the king's swift demise. To help him in his quest King Kandar can invoke god-given armour, wield different weapons and cast fanatical spells. Can the King save his son and his kingdom or will Dareca fall into the evil emperor's grasp?
- Easy controls - only two buttons to play (shoot and jump)
- Six very different and long worlds to conquer
- Checkpoint save positions throughout worlds
- Five basic weapons to master
- Seven god-like armour sets
- 15 different bonus items to boost your hero
- Thirty-five magic combat spells to utilise
- Over 50 different enemies
- Twelve mid and end-of-level bosses
- Four difficulty levels
- Different endings
- Hand-drawn pixel graphics with a 16-bit look-and-feel
- Special art gallery with achievements to unlock
- Easter eggs to discover
9. Contra Rogue Corps
This will be a brand new release of CONTRA, a well-known and long-running IP series since the 1980s.
There are 5 main protagonists in this game, who are all members of the mercenary called Rogue Corps.
They were all once a hero during the humanity-alien war, but were falsely accused of president assassination when the war ended.
After escaping from the military prison, they were living at underground society as a mercenary, while also fighting to find evidence of their innocence and regain honor.
Categories in common with Contra Rogue Corps: Action
10. Super Pixel Racers
- Rally Cross: Classic race against up to 7 other drivers
- Rally: Reach checkpoints on a procedurally generated outdoor track
- Land Rush: Be in front of the pack when the time ends
- Takedown: Destroy the other cars
- Hunt: Chase the target down
- Drift Show: Score points by drifting
- Thirteen Unique Racetracks: From desert dunes to the city streets. A host of unique pixel environments set the stage for some truly super pixel racing.
- Hone your drifting, score some Nitro: The more you drift, the quicker your nitro gauge fills up. Use it for an instant hit of speed; equally useful for dodging obstacles or slamming into opponents.
- Vehicle Damage & Explosion Mechanics: In-race collisions result in visible damage to your pixel racer. Once a car takes too many hits, it goes up in flames!
Time to DEPLOY! Take your friends and get ready for the epic battles in Deployment, the new multiplayer online top-down shooter game from the creators of the We Are The Dwarves.
An uncertain future. Cyberspace. War has broken out over valuable data belonging to megacorporations.
CHOOSE A CLASS AND GET READY FOR BATTLE:Trooper: A powerful unit with high-speed weaponry. He trusts nothing but his combat-tested rifles.
Pyro: A fast unit with light armor. He absorbs damage and transforms it into firepower.
Sniper: An accurate unit with high-tech bullets. He can become invisible and perform stealth kills.
Laser: high-tech class. He uses his abilities to steal the enemy's health.
RPG Gunner: An armored class. He fires powerful projectiles and is very useful in team play.
Unlock achievements to upgrade your classes. Climb the leaderboard with your friends and become the best player in the world!
Capture as many Systems as you can to seize the advantage on every part of the randomly-generated levels.FEATURES
- A fast-paced, competitive, multiplayer top-down shooter
- Five classes with varied weapons and ultimate abilities
- An original room-control mechanic. Capture Systems to seize the advantage in a room
- Varied upgrade tree. Develop your classes to suit your playstyle
- Several modes for playing solo or with friends. Assemble a team and climb the leaderboard!
- Randomly generated battlefields. Every battle is unique!
Award-winning same-screen party racing for up to 16 players! Race brutal-cute aliens on exotic planets, using weapon powerups and physics-based vehicles to annihilate your competition in frantic round-based combat. Connect spare gamepads, laptops and smart devices as extra controllers.Features
- Addictive racing mayhem for all ages featuring brutal-cute aliens, exotic locations and absurd weapon powerups
- Squeeze 16 local players onto the same screen using gamepads, laptops and smart devices as extra controllers
- Battle friends and family on the couch, compete against others online, or play career mode solo against punishing bots
- Highly customizable party game modes with dozens of gameplay modifiers and presets for endless variety
- Simple controls for newcomers, with advanced strategies for veteran players
- Round-based combat ensures quick respawns and allows drop-in drop-out play
13. The King's Bird
Flight · Flow · Freedom
Escape into a world kept secret by a tyrant, and discover the truth about your freedom. The King’s Bird is an artistic, momentum-based game that seamlessly combines precision-platforming with physics-based gliding.
New yet easily accessible take on the precision-platforming genre
- Dynamic background music and sounds that change based on your movements
- Text-less narrative told through visuals in motion
- Five unique worlds to explore, full of vibrance and colorful silhouettes, with inspirations from ancient Mayan, Southeast Asian, and Roman cultures
14. Grave Danger
WANTED: Dead AND Alive! Dante, Malice, and Elliot have all been cast as outlaws, and it's up to you to help them clear their names. In a world that wants you both Dead AND Alive, there's no rest for the living and or unliving. Switch between these three unique characters, mastering their movements and attacks, and guiding them further into the story.
Play Single player or Co-op to solve puzzles! Enlist your friends to control all three characters locally, utilizing them to their maximum potential. If you can't play with a friend or want the completely single player experience, that's fine too; switch between co-op or single player at any time.
Teamwork is essential in Grave Danger. Each character must pull their weight and traverse the world to safety. Dante the cowboy is capable of climbing vertical walls. Malice the reaper can float horizontally across chasms and through narrow and dangerous areas. Elliot the wizard has magical elevation and can jump again once mid-air.Key Features
- Mind-challenging puzzles!
- Beautifully crafted worlds.
- Local Co-op, have a friend join in at any time!
- Switch between three unique and quirky characters.
- Challenge yourself with time-trial and perfect level runs.
- Full Controller & Big Picture support.
DOGOS has updated classic shmup games by introducing current technology elements,
such as 3D graphics and dynamic camera vision.
By imitating open world games, the player can move around freely through the scenarios,
in any direction. This is a real innovation for games of this kind.
Loads of shots and explosions, and an incredible, catchy soundtrack,
DOGOS is revitalizing the genreand invites you to live a real action-packed experience that will challenge your skills and your senses.
In DOGOS you play the role of Desmond Phoenix, a skilled pilot and leader of the Human Resistance
against the Zeetnuks, an evil alien race that have invaded the Earth.
Desmond commands sophisticated ships designed with alien technology and equipped with various types of powerful weapons.
PREPARE FOR A BATTLE THAT WILL PUT YOUR NERVES ON EDGE!
Now Enhanced with Tobii Eye Tracking
3D OPEN WORLDS
You can navigate 14 levels that emulate 3D open worlds.
DYNAMIC CAMERA MODE
You can change the camera mode while you play, taking these kinds of games to a whole new level.
4 difficulty levels designed for every player: from beginners to those with the most experience.
16. R-Type Dimensions EX
The coin-op classics, R-Type & R-Type II, are together on Steam! Fight through all 14 Bydo-infested stages in retro 2D graphics or shiny 3D graphics - and swap back and forth with the touch of a button 'on-the-fly'. The new 3D graphics are accompanied by fully re-imagined arrangements of the timeless R-Type music tracks! The classic game-play remains untouched while the new Infinite game mode allows continuous progression from game start to final boss... the Bydo will not evade you this time! Both game modes can be played as single player or local multiplayer. Pull yourself together, save the earth and strike down the Evil Bydo Empire!!
Two Complete Games!: All 8 original R-Type levels + all 6 original R-Type II levels. Classic gameplay is unchanged and just as challenging as the original coin-op versions.
Hi-Res 3D Graphics + Fully Revamped Music!: Choose between 2D graphics with classic, retro music or shiny 3D graphics with snazzy, reworked music and sound effects. Switch between graphic and audio modes with the press of a button during play!
New Infinite Mode!: With infinite ships you’re sure to finally conquer the Bydos! Stage select allows you to practice and play the levels you want.
Classic Mode!: Play the classic R-Type & R-Type II just like the original version!
Co-Op Mode!: Go it alone or blast the Bydos with a buddy. Play friendly without collision, or flip it on for competitive play!
Breeze through the bullets with your slow-motion button, or increase your speed with the fast-forward button. In Infinite mode, you can also power-up your ship to its maximum with one button!
Categories in common with R-Type Dimensions EX: Action