The best games like Terraria are:
- arrow_rightDead Cells
- arrow_rightJust Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod
- arrow_right10 Miles To Safety
- arrow_rightBeat Hazard
- arrow_rightStar Conflict
- arrow_rightFINAL FANTASY V
100 Best Games Like Terraria:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (20)
- PlayStation 4 (26)
- iOS (42)
- Android (23)
- macOS (100)
- Linux (66)
- Nintendo Switch (29)
- Nintendo 3DS (3)
- Nintendo DS (4)
- Xbox 360 (14)
- Xbox (2)
- PlayStation 3 (19)
- PlayStation 2 (1)
- PlayStation (9)
- PS Vita (7)
- PSP (8)
- Wii U (6)
- Wii (13)
- GameCube (3)
- Game Boy Advance (4)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (2)
- SNES (7)
- NES (6)
- Classic Macintosh (5)
- Apple II (3)
- Commodore / Amiga (17)
- Atari 8-bit (1)
- Atari ST (11)
- Genesis (9)
- SEGA Saturn (3)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA Master System (2)
- Dreamcast (3)
- 3DO (1)
- Jaguar (1)
- Game Gear (2)
Starbound is a 2D adventure game with a heavy focus on the sandbox aspect and procedurally generated levels. Unlike many similar games of this genre, Starbound has a story you need to follow. Playing as a space officer whose planet was destroyed by aliens, you explore the universe and prepare for the revenge.
In general, Starbound is a typical 2D sandbox with such activities as spelunking, crafting and exploring that are united with story missions. Quests help to find the information about the in-game universe and races and lead through different tasks. Some levels are based on platforming only, while the others make you change the environment and solve puzzles. Some of them are based on the character’s ability to turn into a ball and use both hands to hold tools.
And still, the key feature of Starbound is procedurally generated levels and their design. The game features a huge amount of planets to explore, with multiple caves, buildings, labyrinths, and forests.
2. Dead Cells
Dead Cells is a roguelike adventure title developed by Motion Twin.
Not much story is present in the game, as only bits of any information are given out to the players. The game takes place at a remote island, where the players take place of the Prisoner. The Prisoner does not speak, yet he can express confusion and frustration using his body language. The Prisoner is basically immortal, as, in case of death, his head disconnects itself from the Prisoner's body, and gets back to the game's starting area.
The game's heavily inspired by The Binding of Isaac, as stated by the developers.
Dead Cells features the procedurally generated environments that are typical for roguelike games, yet it puts a strong emphasis on exploration that is typically found in metroidvanias.
The players set out to explore the island where a prison was built. As the players come down into the dungeons of the island, they find various loot, fight dangerous creatures, collect armor, abilities, and power-ups. Upon death, the players lose all the loot they had on them. It is possible to find a shopkeep somewhere in the dungeons to purchase new equipment or have some rest.
The game uses death as a learning experience, as it randomizes the placement of enemies, so the players can't take multiple attempts to complete a level. The developers want the player to examine the enemy behavior and learn how to combat the enemies themselves.
3. Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod
In the original Just Cause 2 there was no multiplayer. This did not suit the two fans of the game Jaxm and Trix, who were engaged in mods for it. By joining forces, they developed their version of multiplayer. Later they were joined by other modders. The project was so successful that after the release it was recognized by game developers officially as the add-on and was officially added to all sold copies of Just Cause 2 on Steam as a free add-on. Mod also supports the achievements and the possibility of simultaneously playing several hundred players on one map at once. Pirated copies of the game are not supported.
As in the original game, the action takes place on the tropical island of Panau. In multiplayer, players arrange the chaos using the elaborated game physics and grappling hook. The capabilities of the players and variety of the game modes differ from server to server: for example, on some you can unite in groupings, buy real estate and make raids on enemy gangs. Also available races, Derby, Tron game and other game modes.
4. 10 Miles To Safety
The Apocalypse has arrived and your goal is simple: Make it 10 miles to safety through a limitless procedurally-generated world overrun with The Infected and packed with the tools & weapons to fight them.
LOOT DURING THE DAYThe world is full of the tools you'll need to survive: Loot every house, shop and vehicle you find to scavenge weapons, materials, ammo, blueprints & recipes.
TRY TO SURVIVE THE NIGHTMore dangerous creatures hunt in the darkness: Stay in the light and construct barricades, traps & crafted gadgets to make it through the night.
SET YOUR OWN PACEAdvance towards rescue and the infected grow endlessly more lethal. But range far and wide - or even retreat - to upgrade your weapons and gear & stock up on resources before moving ever onwards.
OVER 20 UNIQUE WEAPONSTake the fight to the infected using Shotguns, Assault rifles, Grenade Launchers, Flamethrowers, Katanas & more - many upgradeable with attachments hidden throughout the world.
1-4 PLAYER CO-OPYou are not alone: Up to 3 friends can drop in at any time to aid you on your journey - though be warned that the world will become more lethal with every additional survivor in your group.
EVENTS AND MISSIONSOn your journey you'll come across survivors to save and infected to kill in special events and missions. Completing these risky trials rewards you with bonus gear, blueprints or even AI companions who'll fight by your side.
CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTERChoose from one of five starting characters - each with distinct advantages leading to wildly different ways of playing the game - and unlock more by completing challenges and achievements.
A person from our time experiences visions of the past - and thinks he is sick. Medications do not help, he turns to the shaman. The shaman understands what is going on and talks about the battle that happened 30,000 years ago. The battle between the great hero and the two Sisters of Chaos. One of the Sisters controlled the Light of the Sun, and the other - the Darkness of the Moon. The sisters lost the battle, and the hero imprisoned them. The shaman sees that a person with visions is an incarnation of the hero, and visions can mean that the Sisters managed to escape from prison. Now the hero has to fight the Sisters again.
The path to the Sisters lies through several areas. Each area is protected by a Protector. Protectors were independent, but now they are bribed by Chaos and serve Chaos.
There are numerous and different beings born from the energies of Light, Darkness or others. These creatures are trying to block the path of the hero. The gameplay arises as the use of the energies of Light and Darkness. The energies of Light are deadly to the creatures of Darkness and vice versa. The game ends when the Sisters are again defeated and will see the beauty of the world and stop wanting to destroy it.
6. Beat Hazard
Beat Hazard is a game in which everything is synchronized to your favorite music. Gameplay-wise, it’s a regular 2D shoot ’em up in space, not unlike Asteroids or Project Starfighter. The player controls a small starship that fires at everything on the screen, from asteroids to enemy spacecraft, in order to survive. When hit by an obstacle or by enemy fire, the ship explodes. The goal is to survive as long as possible and score more points to unlock bonuses and receive ranks.
What makes gameplay in Beat Hazard innovative is that every level is based on a song from the player’s music collection. The song defines the speed and rhythm of the game. A similar approach was previously used in Audiosurf, but never before in a shoot ’em up. Enemy attacks, your ship’s fire, and power-ups are synchronized to the song and can be predicted if you remember the tune well. The difficulty is also dependent on music. A power ballad or an ambient piece will do for a slow, meditative play, while a trance or heavy metal composition will turn the game into madness. The game’s visuals are very bright and feature many rapid flashes, which makes Beat Hazard not recommended for people with epilepsy.
7. Star Conflict
This is a free space MMO action game from the Russian studio Targem Games. The player controls spaceships that perform different roles in combat. Each player can develop abilities, and learn special skills, develop new strategies. Under the control of the player, there is a whole fleet of different ships from formidable frigates to small reconnaissance ships. Players can also unite in alliances and fight for control over the galaxy's sectors. The gameplay of similar in many ways to another famous game in the genre E.V.E, Star Conflict is more action and less economic than its competitor, and an understandable control scheme allows the players to perform crazy maneuvers.
Players can participate in session based PvP battles or explore the Open Space, where they complete various quests and missions, fight AI controlled enemies and gather resources. With the 'Journey' update developers redesigned the progression system. Players can now earn experience points and unlock new content by taking part in a story-driven campaign.
According to the plot of the game, three thousand years passed after the first shuttles with the settlers left the Earth. Now the universe is divided between militarised star empires and scattered groups of mercenaries. In sector 1337, fragments of the mysterious civilization of aliens are found. For ancient artifacts, hunting begins and from all corners of the galaxy fly amateurs of adventure, hunted to profit.
8. FINAL FANTASY V
Twenty years after the original FINAL FANTASY V released in Japan, the classic RPG has found its way to PC!
Embark on an epic adventure as four heroes are driven together by fate: Bartz and his chocobo companion, Princess Lenna of Castle Tycoon, the mysterious Galuf, and the pirate captain Faris.
The crystals that bring peace and prosperity to the world – earth, water, fire, and wind – have lost their power and are on the verge of destruction.Key Features:Customize characters with an unprecedented degree of freedom with the job and ability system – 26 unique job classes!
Veteran character designer Kazuko Shibuya has returned to recreate the characters and graphics for an enhanced experience!
Updated controls and active-time battle system are optimized for fluid combat for PC.
This new version also includes “The Sealed Temple” from the 2006 release, as well as the Tetsuya Nomura-designed optional boss Enuo, and an extraordinary soundtrack
Includes STEAM trading cards and achievements.
Categories in common with FINAL FANTASY V: Role Playing
9. Final DOOM
Final DOOM is a first-person shooter, a stand-alone expansion for the 1994 game DOOM II: Hell on Earth.
The gameplay of Final DOOM is identical to previous games in the series. It consists of 32 levels (in PC version).
In each one, your goal is to find an exit from the level. It usually intends finding keys from multi-colored doors and fighting hordes on the demon. The player has access to different weapons such as a chainsaw, pistol, shotgun, and rocket launcher. There are many types of enemies in the game that vary in size, attacks, speed, amount of health from zombies and imps to huge cyberdemons and skeletons with rocket launchers on their shoulders. Aside from weapons, the player can use different weapons scattered throughout the map. Some of them replenish your health, ammo, and armor, and the other gives you temporary bonuses like increased damage, short-time invincibility acid resistance or invisibility. The levels are filled with secret rooms. Finding them is entirely optional but can significantly help by giving you new weapons early or providing with items and ammunition.
Final DOOM differences
Final DOOM is essentially a collection of new maps divided into two packs: TNT: Evilution and The Plutonia Experiment. Different level designers outside ID Software created each pack. The game is noticeable for its hard difficulty that surpasses the level of two previous games.
Categories in common with Final DOOM: Action
Chariot is a couch co-op platformer that can be played alone or with a friend. Players take the role of the brave Princess or her faithful Fiancé as they maneuver the departed king's coffin-on-wheels through 25 levels set in 5 vibrant underground environments, with his majesty's ghost giving them a piece of his mind every step of the way. Filled to the brim with emergent physics-based gameplay, Chariot offers hours of exciting exploration, fast-paced ride sequences and mountains upon mountains of loot! Notice: We highly recommend playing Chariot with a controller.
Crashed and alone on a world mankind tried to leave behind, Darkout challenges players to survive on Illuna, in harsh, procedurally generated biomes, utilizing the game’s sandbox features to build shelters, craft weapons, and research new technologies.
You are not alone. Light-sensitive creatures prowling the landscapes become most active at night and in a world shrouded by clouds the security of day will never come, instead, twilight periods allow players minor security to explore, rebuild, and gather resources.
Darkout’s deep history manifests itself through logs left behind by others, some recent, while others hearken back to long-extinct natives of Illuna, offering glimpses into what events led up to the pandemonium that now persists.
How will you survive?Current Features
- Explore expansive randomly generated worlds
- Sandbox Play
- Fight Shadow enemies sensitive to Light.
- Strategic Research & Crafting System
- Mining, gathering & looting.
- Tons of resources, materials and devices you can use to...
- Create various kinds of weapons, armor, tech, furniture, etc.
- A story for those who like to do more than just explore, craft and build.
12. Castle of Illusion
Mickey Mouse returns to star in Castle of Illusion, a fantastical reimagining of the Sega Genesis classic. With all-new HD graphics and gameplay, Castle of Illusion brings Mickey and his world to life in this magical Disney adventure! When the evil witch Mizrabel kidnaps Minnie, it’s up to Mickey to brave the dangers of the Castle of Illusion to rescue Minnie. Gather your courage and traverse enchanted forests, take on hordes of rebellious toys and navigate mazes of living books. Play as Mickey and save Minnie from Mizrabel’s evil clutches!
- Play as Mickey Mouse in this reimagining of the classic Sega Genesis.
- Experience a world of wonder, brought to life with all-new graphics and magical adventures.
- Journey across five magical worlds filled with Mizrabel’s powerful minions.
- Complete hidden challenges to customize Mickey with classic costumes!
13. Double Dragon: Neon
Legendary martial artists, Billy and Jimmy Lee return in this creative re-imagining of the classic beat ‘em up, Double Dragon Neon. Fight your way through countless henchmen including Linda and Abobo on your way to rescue the love of your life, Marian! Trained in the special form of martial arts called Sōsetsuken, hunt down and defeat the evil Skullmageddon!
Classic beat ‘em up feel with new powers, new attacks, and a sinister new foe!
- Mix tape system lets you mix and match unique abilities and powerful new attacks.
- String together attacks for brutal combos to keep your foes down and out.
- Brawl through a variety of levels including dangerous city streets, twisted science labs, an evil stronghold, outer space and more!
- Use a variety of weapons including bats, knives, whips, and more to incapacitate unsuspecting enemies.
- Original soundtrack by award winning composer and sound designer Jake Kaufman.
- Developed by WayForward, the award winning team responsible for DuckTales: Remastered, BloodRayne: Betrayal, and A Boy and His Blob
- Steam adaptation and online co-op developed by Abstraction Games.
• Includes BRUTAL content such as ‘The Brute’ playable character, ‘The Dark Forest’ outdoor environment, and much more.
• A 3D ACTION ROGUE-LIKE. Combines fast third-person combat with permadeath dungeon-delving for a game that’s diabolically hardcore. Anticipate enemy attack patterns, time your actions for maximum effect, and use smart combinations of light, heavy, and power attacks to defeat your enemies.
• EXPLORE AN EVER-SHIFTING DUNGEON. Every playthrough offers new locations to discover, new threats to face, new traps to avoid, new items to craft, and new treasures to uncover.
• DEFEAT HORDES OF DEADLY ENEMIES. Face ever-deadlier threats as you go deeper into the dungeon. Gemeaters, Changelings, Hoardmen, Fire Djinns, and many more exist only to kill you.
• TEAM-UP IN 2 - 4 PLAYER CO-OP. Drop into multiplayer games and fight side-by-side, revive fallen comrades, and share valuable treasures as you face the dangers together.
1 player, 2-4 Network Players, 4GB HDD min size, DUALSHOCK4, Remote Play, Online (Optional)
15. NEO Scavenger
NEO Scavenger is a game where you must survive in the wasteland long enough to figure out who you are. Each turn, you must decide where to go, how to scavenge for supplies, and how to deal with anything and anyone you encounter. And with each passing minute, the pit in your stomach grows, your dehydration worsens, your muscles tire, and your body temperature drops in the cold autumn air. Choose your starting abilities carefully, because they and your wit are the only tools you have in the apocalypse!Features
- Unique Setting - Near-future, post-apocalyptic Michigan with local cryptids and folklore. And something else beneath the surface...
- Turn-Based Play - Take your time with each turn, and play at your own pace. Save and quit when you want, and resume later.
- Permadeath - If you die, that's it. NEO Scavenger is balanced around a single difficulty level: permadeath. Your save will be deleted if you die. So choose every action carefully!
- No Grinding - There is no XP in NEO Scavenger. No levelling-up. Instead, progress comes from learning how to play the game better, and using your strengths to your advantage.
- Semi-Random - Much of the map is randomized each game, including the location of ruins, creatures, weather, and certain quest branches.
- Sandbox or Story - Search for clues to your identity, what happened, and who's hunting you. Or simply test your mettle against man and nature alike. Play how you want!
- Abilities and Flaws - Choose abilities and flaws each time you play. Different combos unlock different abilities and quest branches.
- Crafting - Extensive crafting system which allows for substitutions of similar items. Make a rifle scope from half a pair of binoculars, or a noise trap from a pill bottle and pebbles.
- Desperate Combat - Detailed combat with moves like "Tackle," "Lure," "Kick While Down," "Demand Surrender," and "Threaten."
- Realistic Wounds - Creatures have complex wound simulation, with multiple wound locations, infection, bleeding, and pain management.
- Realistic Metabolism - Hypothermia, fatigue, thirst, hunger, disease, intoxication, shelter...everything is tracked.
- Realistic Inventory - Complex inventory system with slots for holding, wearing, containers, and more. Fit items in grid spaces, and manage encumbrance.
- Hex-Based World Map - Navigate ruins, hills, forests, and plains in a hex-based map. Line-of-sight, elevation, and daylight matters.
- Tracking - Creatures leave their tracks and spoor on the map, which can be followed by others. Players can also hide their tracks.
- Hiding - Players can use hiding to avoid being seen while traveling the map, as well as during story encounters.
- Hunting - Trap small game for food and fur, or track and kill larger prey on the map for butchering.
- Hacking - Use hacking skills to unlock scavenged laptops, cellphones, smartphones, and tablets. Mine them for paydata, or snoop through personal files.
- Foraging - Search for edible plants and water, and use special skills to identify what's safe to eat.
- Haunting Soundtrack - Music composed by Josh Culler, specifically for NEO Scavenger, plays periodically, lending an atmosphere of loneliness and desperation. (Also accessible as mp3s outside game.)
- Creature AI - Wandering creatures go about their own business, hunting, scavenging, and hoarding. Morale affects their choices, and some will gang-up and cause trouble.
- Dynamic Weather - Temperature, rainfall, and night/day are based on real-world data for autumn in the area. If you live long enough, you may see snow fall.
- Detroit - Take refuge from the wasteland in one of mankind's last bastions of safety. Buy supplies, get medical care, and seek clues in a cyberpunk-styled city.
- Trading Cards - Collect NEO Scavenger trading cards, badges, emoticons, and profile backgrounds!
Explore, craft, and survive in this Multiplayer RPG Platformer with permanent death! Featuring many Rogue-like elements, Magicite randomly generates each underground dungeon for you and your friends to delve deep into. Chop trees, mine ores, and hunt beasts in order to collect the resources and materials you need to survive the harsh and unforgiving environment. With a ton of character traits, stats, companions, and classes, players will have a different experience each play through! Be prepared to die... A LOT.
Magicite's main influences were Monster Hunter and Spelunky. I loved the resource collection and crafting in Monster Hunter, and of course fighting giant monsters with my friends. Spelunky's brutal yet rewarding platforming was also something that I wanted to capture with Magicite.
- Randomly Generated Dungeons - Experience a new dungeon each time you play. Expect tons of trees to chop, ores to mine, plants to harvest, and bugs to catch! Oh and giant monsters.
- Permanent Death - The game logs all of your stats in a play through, leading the way for achievements and upgrades.
- Crafting System - Combine any two items to create a new one! For example, Wood + Wood = Plank. There are tons of combinations to discover!
- Combat System - If you plan on just running in and swinging you sword, you're gonna get wrecked. Take time to craft useful items and examine enemy positioning before executing a well timed attack.
- Unlockable Races, Hats, & Companions - The more you play, more greater chance you'll unlock awesome new hats with a variety of special effects. Races and Companions can also be unlocked to provide different starting items and stats!
- Multiplayer - Want to put your friendships to the test? This is the game to do it! Permanent death only occurs when the ENTIRE party has fallen. So if your buddy gets knocked out feel free to run over and help him back up. Or not...
17. Dungeon Souls
Dungeon Souls is an action-adventure roguelike dungeon crawler.
Each level is completely procedurally generated so every playthrough is guaranteed to have unique environments and encounters. Search for and activate all the marks placed in each level to unlock the dungeon portal and escape from the Redeemer. Scavenge various items and upgrades to counter the dungeon's dark forces and challenging bosses. You must survive. Hurry.
Dungeon Souls was inspired by Nuclear Throne, Risk of Rain, Overture, BitVenture and Shoot First.
- Harness the powerful abilities of 10 unique characters
- Explore a plethora of different environments including dark dungeons, sewers and cathedrals
- Immerse yourself with deep character progression and permanent skill upgrades
- Experiment with 50+ unique passive items - Speed boosts, damage buffs, lifesteal bonuses...
- Battle hordes of dynamic enemies and challenging bosses hell-bent on destroying you
18. Odallus: The Dark Call
The old gods have forgotten this land. No one could save our people when darkness started spreading and collecting human souls for its army.
Odallus is a classic exploration/action game, inspired by Ghosts’n Goblins, Demon’s Crest and Castlevania. Player takes place of Haggis, a warrior tired of fight who must wield his sword once more to rescue his son from Darkness.
Original Sound Track: http://serenati.bandcamp.com/releases
- Eight levels open to exploration
- Huge bosses
- Sharp controls
- Rad 8-bit graphics
- Thrilling atmosphere
- 8+ hours of gameplay
- 50+ types of enemies
- Veteran Mode
19. The Mummy Demastered
A powerful ancient evil has arisen, and the war to save humanity has begun! The Mummy Demastered throws you into a 16-bit-inspired battle against the undead in a 2D, nonlinear, action-packed adventure. As an elite agent in the monster-hunting Prodigium organization, you must use a variety of weapons, upgrades, and mysterious artifacts to defend mankind against the supernatural hordes of Princess Ahmanet. Your Prodigium unit is already on the scene, but HQ lost contact with them hours ago. Only by exploring tombs, forests, abandoned tunnels, and the cursed streets of London will you discover the fate of your allies. But beware - Ahmanet commands legions of undead, insects, plague-ridden vermin, and worse! If you're not careful, you'll be the next soul in her army.
- Stunning retro-inspired graphics and atmospheric chiptune soundtrack
- Shoot-'em-up action meets exploration-based adventuring
- Fight for survival against swams of horrifying enemies and bosses
- Obliterate monsters with an arsenal of weapons including grenades, a flamethrower and more
- Uncover and collect 50 hidden relics
20. Neon Space 2
Neon Space 2 is a highly anticipated sequel to Neon Space. The game kept all the elements from his predecessor, but at the same time the visuals received a mayor improvement. Goal of the game remains the same, you still have to guide your ship through numerous checkpoints to finish the level, while dodging obstacles, timing your abilities, solving puzzles to advance through the game, while trying to beat your previous high-score to obtain the gold medal. You have 2 abilities on your disposal, both cool down based.
**Slow ability- allows for the player to slow down everything except for the player itself.
**Blink ability- allows you to jump a short distance. If you manage to time it right, you can even jump through some of the obstacles in the game.
Enjoy the uplifting music, breath taking visuals, solve puzzles, don't be afraid to fail, the game might be a bit tricky towards the end, but everyone can master it, and become the NEON KING.
21. EverQuest II Free-To-Play. Your Way.
EverQuest® II is the epitome of massively multiplayer gaming - the ultimate blend of deep features, heritage, and community.
Explore an enormous online world where friends come together for adventure and community. Immerse yourself in the game's exciting locales, mysterious lands, intense battles, exciting quests and amazing achievements. Featuring breathtaking graphics and a vast, beautiful and dangerous game world to explore, EverQuest II sets the standard for MMORPG online gaming. Now, you can experience EverQuest II Free to Play. Your Way!™*
Your character, your story, your adventure!
- 90 Levels of unparalleled gameplay
- Strong heritage and lore with game content spanning 7 years and 6 expansions
- A thriving, friendly community with thousands of guilds
- Over 5,000 creatures to battle and more than 8,000 quests to complete Hundreds of gorgeous, expansive and dangerous environments to explore
- Independently leveled tradeskill system with deep quest lines
- Full support of different play styles from Solo, Groups, Raids and PVP
- Our Dungeon Finder system helps you join groups
- Unique and robust housing system, with dozens of styles, thousands of items and a House Rating System
- Exciting seasonal and holiday events to spice up the year
- An expansive in-game marketplace containing potions, weapons, armor, classes, races, mounts and more!
Tidalis is a block-based puzzle game with casual appeal, hardcore depth, and an addictive new "streams" mechanic. The game is brimming over with riffs and variants on that core mechanic with 20 game modes, dozens of special blocks and items, and 115 levels in the adventure mode alone. The basic rules of the game are this: blocks fall down into the board and have a color and an arrow direction. If a stack of blocks exceeds the height of the board, you lose. In order to clear blocks, you must right-click and drag paths through the arrows to set up chain reactions of like-colored blocks.
If this sounds simple, that's because it is -- you'll be lining up lengthy chains within minutes. But you'll be surprised how much brainpower it takes to set up combos of multiple chains, and the many brainteaser-style puzzles include some real stumpers. Tidalis has co-op and competitive multiplayer modes (both online and offline); action-oriented modes and timer-less brainteasers; a lengthy, casual-friendly adventure mode; twenty unique game modes providing innumerable twists to the basic gameplay; dozens of special blocks and items; and over fifty minutes of beautiful music to go with the painterly art.
In short, several games' worth of content are built on top of this core mechanic, which you'll quickly find to be as iconic as it is novel.Key Features:
- Puzzle game with casual appeal, hardcore depth, and an addictive new mechanic.
- Two-player co-op and competitive play (both local and networked).
- A wide selection of both action-oriented or brainteaser-like levels.
- Casual-friendly adventure mode, hardcore-focused custom games and vs modes.
- 20+ game styles, and dozens of items and special blocks.
- Rich, painterly art style and beautiful music.
- Players can create and share whole new themes, levels, and adventures.
- Options for colorblind players, players averse to lots of light and motion, and older computers.
23. Maldita Castilla EX - Cursed Castile
The tears of a young witch have been turned by a demon into a key that opens up a gateway for the evil in this world. The King Alfonso VI of León has gathered his loyal knights to get to Tolomera del Rey and finish the nightmare using the power of the Witch’s tears.
Banish the zombies and demons that entered the Kingdom of Castile with Don Ramiro, the loyal King’s Knight, and his friends. For that, you will use a different range of weapons to defeat your enemies through the cursed lands of Tolomera, in a pure classic arcade action style.
This new instalment features:
- 8 Stages
- 19 Bosses
- 48+ types of enemies
- 4 different endings
- 15 unlockable achievements
- New music tracks
- Remixed and remastered audio
- Illustrated Bestiary – with unlockable information about the myths behind each creature included in the game
- 8 screen view modes
- Navigation menu
- Specific content adaptation for the end platform to improve the gamer experience
24. X4: Foundations
Freedom to personally fly all ships:
X4 will allow you to fly all ships personally. From small scouts over a wide range of ship classes up to the biggest carrier, everything can be piloted from the cockpit or an external view. Additionally some drones and utility vehicles in X4 can be remotely controlled by the player.
A big focus in the development of X4 has been to achieve a seamless and immersive experience when moving between ships. You can leave a ship, climb down a ladder, walk over the dock of a large space station into another ship you may have parked there and replace the pilot that was working for you just by clicking on his chair.
Modular stations and ship upgrades:
Building space stations and factories has always been a foundation of the X games. After gaining enough money through fighting or trading, most players want to establish their own economy and start influencing the universe on a larger scale. In X4, it is now possible to be completely free and creative. Stations can be constructed from a variety of modules, be it production modules, living sections, docks or many other types of parts. The powerful new map system allows you to drag and connect modules using a connection system to design your own unique creations.
Ships also offer a variety of upgrades. Engines, weapons and other equipment can be added in a graphical editor and actually seen on the ship.
Most dynamic X universe ever:
X4 will be the first X game to allow our races and factions to freely build and expand their empires; the same flexibility the player enjoys in creatively designing space stations from modular building blocks is also available to them. Races expand their empire based on supply and demand, which leads to an extremely dynamic universe where every action the player makes can influence the course of the entire universe.
Managing your empire with a powerful map:
Once you have more ships and many NPCs working for you as pilots, crew or station managers, the map will be your preferred method of managing it all. Ships can be ordered with simple clicks and through drag-and-drop operations to set their future path and commands.
Graphically plan your trade routes, coordinate attacks with your entire fleet, manage the hierarchy or send ships on remote exploration missions.
Most detailed X economy ever:
One of the key selling points of X games has always been the realistic, simulated economy. Wares produced by hundreds of stations and transported by thousands of ships are actually traded by NPCs and prices develop based on this simulated economy. This is the foundation of our living and breathing universe. Now with X4, we have taken another, massive step. For the first time in any X game, all parts of the NPC economy are manufactured from resources. Ships, weapons, upgrades, ammo and even stations. You name it. Everything comes out of the simulated economy.
Research and Teleportation:
The seamless change from ship to ship and from NPCs controlling your empire for you continues on a higher level. Once you own a larger fleet, you will be very interested in researching a technology from your HQ: Teleportation. Once you've unlocked teleportation, you can jump from ship to ship a lot quicker and experience all the critical situations your NPCs encounter first hand.
Every order you have given to a ship before turns into a mission objective when you pilot the ship yourself. The moment you leave again, your pilot takes the helm and continues with their previous orders.
Get into the game:
In X4, you can start your journey from a number of different gamestarts and as a number of different characters, each with their own role, set of relationships and different ships and technologies to start with. No matter how you start, you are always free to develop in any other direction. Focus on exploration, make money with illegal trading and theft, command large battle fleets or become the greatest entrepreneur ever. It's all up to you to decide.
In a vast universe of connected worlds, the choice is yours.
Explorer? Builder? Hunter? Trader? Fighter? Discover your place in the massive open-universe sandbox of Boundless. Watch the sunrise on one world before hunting down rare creatures on another. Explore dark caverns alone or build an empire with friends. Mine, trade or battle for resources. Can you unearth the elusive Oort technologies?
Will you build a shop, sell your treasures, craft amazing contraptions? Do you yearn to join the hunt for Titans, claim your land or seek new worlds? Open a Portal and expand your reach across the universe as you shape your citizen, define your role, and become Boundless.
Join the Great Transmigration and explore the Known Worlds of Boundless. Each world is full of unique inhabitants and resources, ripe for discovery. With your trusty Totem in hand and the ability to build Warp Conduits, you can pinpoint locations on other worlds and travel seamlessly between them. No waiting. No loading.
Discover and use materials to build your base. Craft Beacons and claim land as your own, protecting all your beloved items within it bounds from other Players and from sacrifice to the land. Use special tools to tweak and transform blocks into ever more interesting and unique structures. Your imagination is Boundless.
Master the art of crafting! Create weapons, tools, building materials, and a whole host of other technologies waiting to be discovered in the Known Worlds. Use advanced Crafting Machines to build ever more sophisticated items and further your potential. Forge your legacy.
Hunt down creatures of all shapes and sizes scattered throughout the Known Worlds. Each world has it’s own unique breed of creatures to discover, each requiring different strategies to best. Get ready to take on the challenge.
Everything bought and sold in Boundless is generated by you the players. Buy and sell items through player owned shops, compete with others to become the most successful trader in the universe.
Boundless is a sandbox MMORPG that encourages player collaboration. Find friends or players from all over the world. Explore, defeat dangerous creatures, gather rare resources and build a colony together.
- Learn the basics! Carefully crafted tutorials help you to understand the core elements of the game.
- Complete Objectives, Feats and events to earn Coin and Experience Points to level up your character
- Spend your hard earned skill points in the Skill Tree and tailor your character to how you want to play the game
- Craft thousands of items including, building blocks, tools, weapons, food and many more
- Colonise planets by yourself or join a settlement with others and grow your beacon into the capital of the world with the Prestige system
- Build and maintain a Portal between two worlds for you and others to use
- Trade items with others or set up a shop to sell and buy items while you’re off adventuring
- Each world automatically regenerates areas that are not protected by a Beacon and returns it to its original layout, creating new and much needed resources for you to collect
- Seamlessly travel to new worlds and discover different creatures, resources, block colours and user generated creations in an ever-changing universe
No Subscription Required
Purchase the game and enjoy your Boundless journey with NO MONTHLY FEE!
26. Plazma Being
Take control of Zeb in this puzzle/platformer. He is a small energy based life form from space, known as a Plazma Being. While journeying through space to his home, Zeb was surprised to find that he was being kidnapped by aliens. They took him back to their planet and unceremoniously threw him into captivity. During this time a series of earthquakes shook the planet and wreaked havoc upon the alien civilization, but gave Zeb a chance to escape.
Follow Zeb as he travels across the planet's surface in search of a space ship which will give him the means to get back to his beloved cold vacuum of space, as he confronts strange creatures and robots and as he uses his unique energy powers to overcome obstacles.
The game features 10 puzzle/platforming filled levels spread out between 3 different environments.
27. Shrouded in Sanity
A survival-horror game inspired by Resident Evil 1, Dark Souls, and Eternal Darkness.
Set in the alternative historical setting of 1897 Angelic Empire of Britannia, your contract will order you to eliminate the source of the unnatural fog enveloping the Berelai Manor.
Discover the secrets of the estate, as you look for answers among the violent inhabitants.
A strange and repelling madness took hold of the servants roaming the halls, and they will attack on sight, for their madness is one rooted in a deeper understanding of cosmic insignificance.
To repel the maddening horrors, your Iaito cane, and Waltham A9 hand canon will aid you. To mend your injuries your Vitae concoctions will offer healing.
Beware, whatever unearthly events have transpired, your sanity will be tested as the truth unfolds in this hungry all-consuming Fog.
Action-adventure at its finest! Explore a 3D world inspired by real Sierra Tarahumara landscapes while solving puzzles, collecting magic herbs, fighting soul-eating foes, and running with the world-renowned Tarahumara prowess. The Tarahumara have been called super athletes, super humans, and even The Greatest Race the world has ever seen because of their running skills. Harness this amazing ability and engage in fast-paced gameplay!
Mulaka is being designed hand in hand with renowned anthropologists and Tarahumara leaders to capture the true essence of the culture in the game. We have unearthed old books, crumbling texts and forgotten diaries and gotten the most playable elements, as well as the coolest myths and stories and recorded authentic Tarahumara dialogue. Everything has been done so you can experience the power and adventurous history of this culture.
The gods have witnessed foulness spreading throughout their creation, corrupting men and beast alike. They now delve deep within themselves debating whether or not it's time to wipe this world clean and start over. It’s your duty to rally the demi-gods and gain their trust to save humanity! The Sukurúame is the shaman or warlock capable of interacting with the gods above, below and everywhere in between. He is also the most capable of facing mythical creatures like the gigantic Ganoko, the soul-eating Rusíwari or the fire-spitting Sipabuara.
Sukurúames are skillful at melee combat and can create special magic potions to enhance their powers and gain new abilities. Obtain new powerful transformations from the mighty demi-gods throughout your quest and become a true Sukurúame!
Mulaka features a gorgeous low-poly art style that shines with vibrant colors and breathtaking vistas that you won't believe! The low polygonal visual direction allows us to portray the vast varied landscapes of the region without sacrificing any fidelity to their real world counterparts. Not only will you look at a pretty game, but you'll feel in the Tarahumara lands. Enjoy the barren dunes of the Samalayuca desert, the unique architecture of Paquimé, the calm and romantic mood at the Lake of Arareko, the majestic nature of Basaseachi, and more!
By playing Mulaka, you're helping us contribute to the well-being of this community. We will donate up to 10% of the game earnings to NGOs that focus efforts on the Sierra Tarahumara.
29. Starpoint Gemini Warlords
Control your ship directly to show off your battle prowess. Aim and fire manually or command your gunners to do the job for you while you execute unique skills. Choose your companions to follow you into battle and if you need an extra hand, have your fleets join you in glorious combat. Battles in Warlords can vary from duels and small skirmishes to clashes of massive fleets in planetary orbits.
Construct ships and assemble your mighty war fleets to pitch them against the other war-mongering factions of Gemini, but be mindful of the situation you're sending them into. A seemingly weaker fleet can be accompanied by warmasters, well-trained specialists that can sway the battle in their favor, but fear not, you can have your fleet follow you so you can lead them to victory!
Upgrade your headquarters with additional modules to produce more advanced weapons and enhancements, develop new ships leading up to the station-size Proxima, unlock new structures and activate various bonuses that influence all of your territory. You are the leader of your people and a powerful leader deserves a stronghold.
Spread your influence and increase your resources by expanding your territory, but don't stretch your defenses too thin or your enemies might take advantage. Territory can be fortified and improved by building various resource and defense structures. Expand the T-Gate network to make your fleets travel across your ever-growing empire faster. A timely arrival can make all the difference.
Begin your adventure on a small, agile gunship and work your way up to a massive carrier class capable of deploying numerous fighter wings. Upgrade your chosen vessel of destruction with a plethora of weapons and enhancements. And to finish it all off, throw a coat of paint on it to get that perfect vessel you always wanted.KEY FEATURES:
- Massive game world, populated by over 60 diverse factions, ready to face your war fleets.
- Campaign mode – Play through the story of the “exiles”, who settled on the barren planet of Phaeneros on the outskirts of Gemini, after escaping the alien invasion of the Sol system.
- Five free roam scenarios with distinct start setup.
- Choose among nearly 90 different ships, from gunships and corvettes to bulky carriers.
- Build your own personal headquarters to boost your economic and military power.
- Procedurally generated freelance jobs offer a great way to earn Credits that you can use to pump upgrades into your ship.
- Procedurally generated encounters can creep up on you when you least expect them.
- Choose one of three unique character classes or whip up a hybrid class of your own.
- Conduct research on a multitude of different tech that affects everything from your own ship to the global scheme of things.
- Construct ships, assemble war fleets and send them in all directions to conquer for the glory of the Solari Concord.
- Build and upgrade infrastructure across the star system to improve resource gathering and strengthen your dominion.
- Engage in diplomatic relations and sign trade deals to get that boost you need.
- Mod support that greatly surpasses that of its predecessor, Starpoint Gemini 2.
For more information, check out the official Starpoint Gemini Wiki on Gamepedia.
30. VEGA Conflict
Stake your claim, command your fleets, and wage epic war in space. Band together with other players in a bloody rebellion to take back the galaxy from the evil VEGA Federation.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR WAR: Different targets call for different strategy, outfit your fleet for victory.
REAL-TIME PvP: Real war doesn’t wait its turn - attack enemies at will in real-time.
BATTLE ANYWHERE: Conflict never ends. Continue your progress on phone, tablet, or in browser.
31. Hive Jump
In the 24th century, humanity is at war with a hostile alien race. Outnumbered a million to one, mankind’s only hope of survival is the J.U.M.P. Corps. Its mission is to fight the alien menace hive by hive and planet by planet.
You and your friends assume the role of JUMPERS, and blast your way through procedurally generated alien hives in chaotic run and gun platforming action. Up to 4 Players band together in Local or Online Co-op to kill aliens, avoid traps, collect treasures and discover lost relics. Defeat fierce alien bosses to complete your mission and save the galaxy.Key Features
- Action Platforming: Engage swarms of aliens in frenetic combat. Avoid traps, withstand ambushes, discover treasures, rescue survivors, and more.
- Co-op Multiplayer: Among the best local multiplayer games on PC play with up to 4 buddies!
- Procedural Levels: Jump into procedurally generated alien hives. Level modifiers like dark levels keep you on your toes and offer new challenges to overcome.
- Unique Permadeath: Keep the transponder backpack in one piece! It is your mobile respawn point and if it is destroyed your team has no more lives.
- Challenging AI: Intelligent and fierce enemies will hunt you throughout the hive.
- Sci-Fi Arsenal: Pulverize aliens with pulse rifles, flamethrowers, and a variety of unlockable and upgradable weapons that persist between missions.
- Hand-Designed Challenges: Plunder challenge rooms and uncover lost relics to boost the power of your jumpers for that mission.
- Dynamic Lighting: Experience pixel-perfect dynamic lighting using Sprite Lamp.
- Daily/Weekly Challenges: Compete with friends and strangers to see who is the greatest jumper in the galaxy with Daily and Weekly Challenge missions with Leaderboards coming soon.
- Strategic Campaigns: The results of your jumps directly impact the ongoing galactic war against the aliens. Manage your planetary campaign between jumps in a turn-based strategy mode. Invite your friends and random Jumpers into your Campaign Missions for jolly cooperation!
- Gamepad Support: Play Hive Jump using your favorite console controller.
Balrum is an old-school, hybrid turn-based, open world indie RPG with deep tactical combat. Explore a huge living fantasy world with dozens of side quests next to an epic main quest. In addition to traditional RPG features Balrum has deep crafting which allows the player to craft their own custom items. Balrum also features farming your own crops, building your home, and survival mechanics complemented by the game's main features. In Balrum you will have a faithful animal companion as your pet. Your pet is fully controllable and adds greatly to the complexity of the combat.
The player takes control of a young man whose peaceful life is suddenly interrupted by events which will change his life forever.Features:
- Real-Time world with Turn-Based Combat
- A huge Open World with dozens of Dungeons to explore
- Spend your learning points to create a pure class or a hybrid class
- Dozens of Side Quests and an Epic Main Quest
- Three separate paths leading to the end
- Tame various animals to be your loyal Companion
- Deep Crafting System which allows you to create custom items
- Day/Night Cycle with Weather Effects
- Survival Mechanics
NOTE: Thank you to all our backers on Kickstarter for making this game possible.
33. Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Disclaimer: If you own Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, you will NOT need to purchase Shovel Knight: King of Cards separately. This title is included with all versions of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Make way for Shovel Knight: King of Cards, the grandest adventure in the Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove saga! Step into the gilded boots of King Knight as you leap, Shoulder Bash, and twirl your way to a kingdom of your own in this regal prequel. Gather cards, take on challengers, and build a deck in the all-new card game, Joustus! Travel through strange worlds, gather new subjects, best the Joustus Judges, and become King of Cards! World-class platforming, exquisite visuals, a story with heart, action-packed stages, masterful music, glorious new bosses, and more await you in Shovel Knight: King of Cards.
- See how the royal saga begins! Encounter some familiar faces, meet some new ones, and learn how King Knight came to sit upon the throne at Pridemoor Keep in the most ridiculous Shovel Knight adventure yet!
- Smash enemies and obstacles head-on with your Shoulder Bash! King Knight’s showy play style is all about crashing, bouncing, and throwing his heft around.
- Take part in Joustus, a brand new collectible card game created specifically for King of Cards! Build a deck, search for over 120 unique cards, defeat challengers, and become the Champion of each House of Joustus.
- Collect tons of treasure, heirlooms, armors, abilities, and followers as you sail the skies in your quest for the Joustus Crown.
- Test your skills with new Feats and Challenge Stages featuring boss rematches, custom-created platforming challenges, and more.
- Enjoy Yacht Club Games’ finest visual presentation ever! The beautiful, 8-bit inspired style bridges the gap between yesterday and today.
- Another masterful soundtrack by Jake “Virt” Kaufman!
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers and an old embrace for experts.
- Take on a new challenge and multiply your wealth with New Game+!
34. I am Weapon: Revival
Have you ever faced your worst nightmare?
What if you cannot wake up from it? What if you have no choice but to move on and see what’s behind it? Then you’d better arm yourself with a couple of big guns, stock up on ammo and show them all what a real nightmare is!
You along with the main character will delve into a strange and frightening world of horror, explore its distant corners, find out how you ended up here and, most importantly, how to get out of this hell. What can save you from this madness? Only your lost memories which you’ll have to put together piece by piece. Whatever’s living in this world is luring you inside. Those creatures who are meant to bring you joy and happiness will only cause death and suffering! The bloody bastards will do whatever it takes to make you stay... And they are not alone in this: it seems the world itself wants to crush and swallow you, with its traps and pitfalls everywhere... Will you dare to sneak inside? Then welcome... But mind you, whatever path you take, there’ll be no mercy!
- Mysterious world full of dark secrets
- Hordes of fiendish enemies
- Wide range of opponents
- Intriguing story
- Big guns... Loads of ‘em!
- Abilities, turrets, drones, swords and axes
- Side quests to suit all tastes
- Exciting battles
- Full gamepad support
35. Trouble In The Manor
Trouble In The Manor is an online multiplayer game which takes place in a spooky far away manor. You are designated one of three roles upon each round: innocent, bloodhound, or murderer.
If you're INNOCENT, your job is to seek out murderers by any means necessary, finding any items on the manor grounds to aid other innocents and calling a hit on murderers once you have enough evidence or killing them yourself.
BLOODHOUNDS are the same as innocents with the exception that they have an advantage with DNA devices that allow them to compare DNA against bodies they've found or any DNA that is left in an area by a murderer.
If you're a MURDERER, your job is to kill every innocent and bloodhound in the round as they can. They have a selection of items they can buy in the store with currency found within the manor. These items range from weapons to traps to disguising devices.
A MURDERER also has the choice of transforming into a VAMPIRE by awakening the vampire that sleeps in the basement coffin. Vampires can turn other innocents into vampires and help the murderers quest for blood.
Work together, trust no one.
36. Cast of the Seven Godsends
Four levels of difficulty, six worlds to conquer, twelve mid and end-of-level bosses, seven god-like armour sets, five basic weapons and thirty-five magic combat spells!
The evil emperor Zaraaima has kidnapped the infant heir to the land of Dareca. King Kandar must call upon the aid of the seven gods of Dareca as he traverses the six worlds of his kingdom in a bid to save his son. He must face the emperor's hordes as he battles through dark woods, slimy swamps, sinister mills, infernal volcanos, snowy mountains, golden cities and demonic castles. Each world is guarded by level bosses each sworn to bring about the king's swift demise. To help him in his quest King Kandar can invoke god-given armour, wield different weapons and cast fanatical spells. Can the King save his son and his kingdom or will Dareca fall into the evil emperor's grasp?
- Easy controls - only two buttons to play (shoot and jump)
- Six very different and long worlds to conquer
- Checkpoint save positions throughout worlds
- Five basic weapons to master
- Seven god-like armour sets
- 15 different bonus items to boost your hero
- Thirty-five magic combat spells to utilise
- Over 50 different enemies
- Twelve mid and end-of-level bosses
- Four difficulty levels
- Different endings
- Hand-drawn pixel graphics with a 16-bit look-and-feel
- Special art gallery with achievements to unlock
- Easter eggs to discover
37. Eagle Island
Explore the avian world of Eagle Island with Quill and one of his loyal owls, Koji. Discover lush forests, treacherous caverns and uncover the ruins of long lost civilizations. Finally, confront the gargantuan deity, Armaura, in a desperate attempt to rescue Ichiro from her clutches.
With its falconry-based gameplay within uniquely generated worlds, Eagle Island is set to a beautifully modernized pixel art aesthetic and provides a breath of fresh air to the platforming genre.
Taking inspiration from the roguelike and metroidvania genres, players of Eagle Island can enjoy either short runs or a longer story based experience.
Fully procedurally generated levels
80 different perk abilities to mix up the gameplay each run
Magical feathers transform your bird into elemental forms
9 beautiful environments to explore
Quill's arsenal of solo moves consists simply of running, jumping and the occasional ledge grab - the game keeps to its classic 16-bit inspiration. Launch attacks with Koji in 8 directions using the D-pad-like aiming controls. Hit enemies in quick succession to earn greater rewards from combos. Miss an attack and you'll be forced to wait longer for Koji to return. If Koji is attacked or captured, Quill will be briefly defenceless and must take evasive action whilst vulnerable!
Eagle Island was supported by 1,291 backers on Kickstarter.
38. Contra Rogue Corps
This will be a brand new release of CONTRA, a well-known and long-running IP series since the 1980s.
There are 5 main protagonists in this game, who are all members of the mercenary called Rogue Corps.
They were all once a hero during the humanity-alien war, but were falsely accused of president assassination when the war ended.
After escaping from the military prison, they were living at underground society as a mercenary, while also fighting to find evidence of their innocence and regain honor.
Categories in common with Contra Rogue Corps: Action
RunGunJumpGun is a tough as nails 2D Action Platformer that puts a teeth-rattling, gravity-defying weapon in your hands. With a cast of crazed characters, simple but beautifully difficult gameplay, and a pulsing musical score, RunGunJumpGun is a loud, trippy mess of twitchy platforming goodness.
The two-button setup is treacherously simple. One button shoots your massive gun downwards, propelling you through the air. The other shoots forward, destroying anything that’s in your path. But there is no stopping in this beautifully surreal world littered with deadly traps and soul-crushing obstacles around every corner. Players will have to constantly alternate between the two firing modes to maneuver through meticulously crafted levels where death is a promise not a possibility. There is only running, gunning, jumping, and gunning, in a mad dash to survive long enough to die again.
The game takes place in the Extax System, a solar system where the Sun has begun to swell and devour planets. With most of the planets already devoured, the remaining worlds have descended into madness and superstition. Each denizen has their own theory on why the sun seems so enraged, but they all hang on one central element: Atomiks, the primary resource in the entire system.
You play as a scavenger, a rogue from outside the Extax System who seems to have only one goal: get Atomiks. What do the Atomiks mean to the scavenger? Does he want to scoop up precious resources for himself, or use them as a way to appease the sun and end the suffering of the system? Or Maybe they’re just shiny pick-ups in a video game to him.
- Beautifully Difficult: Every second counts, and the game will test your reflexes to the fullest
- Nonstop Action: Merciful respawns let you die fast and keep you constantly in the action
- Two button gameplay: One button lets you fly, the other blasts obstacles into heaps of rubble.
- Three Unique Game Worlds: Each world presents its own distinct challenges which require players to change their playstyles
- Over 120 levels of Mayhem: Each level is meticulously crafted to hone and test the player’s speed and tenacity.
- Marathon Mode: For players looking to compete for the global high score.
- Surreal visuals: Trippy and hyper-colourful fantasy-sci-fi art style
- Hyperkinetic soundtrack: Pulsing musical score blending hip hop, electronic and movie-score vibes.
- Warped space-opera narrative: The game features a cast of crazed, beautifully illustrated characters.
- Masochistic Collectables: The quest to collect “Atomiks” littered throughout levels lends an extra level of insanity to already merciless level design. A gift to self-hating completionists.
- Accessible single-hand gameplay: Appropriate for players with disabilities.
- Made by free range developers fed a pure mixture of VVVVVV, Hotline Miami, and Super Meat Boy.
- 10 custom-built levels with amazing visuals and effects!
- Discover and support both up-and-coming musicians and your favorite established artists!
- Learn about the artists and where you can follow them, as well as download their other music
- Progress through three difficulty modes by mastering the music and upgrading your ship
- Complete objectives and Steam achievements, collect Trading Cards, and top the leaderboards!
- Omni - Urban Metaphor
- Dubsective - Synergy
- Spock - Break It Up
- Minecraft Universe - Eclipse
- Celldweller - Tough Guy (Tim Ismag Remix)
- Varien - Metalworks
- Minesweepa - Leviathan
- Totally Sick - Distorted
- Summer School - Choose Your Weapon
- NGHTMRE - MTRD
- James Egbert - Menu Music
Hellion is a first person multiplayer space survival game.
It is a fusion of survival and space simulation genres that pits players against the deadly environment and one another. Survive in the harsh conditions of space and scavenge for air, fuel and other items necessary for survival. But keep in mind, you are not the only one out there. There are others, but will they help, or will they throw you to the void without a second thought? Remember, no matter how brutal space may seem, it cannot hold a candle to man.
Hellion is a solar system several thousand lightyears from Earth. Despite its distance, it is the target of the first interstellar colonization mission during the 23rd century. Almost a million colonists, suspended in cryogenic hibernation, leave Sol on a journey that would take many decades.
However, when they wake up, almost a century later, they find themselves trapped inside a nightmare. Instead of living in a manmade paradise, they are forced to fight for survival surrounded by deserted stations, incomplete orbital habitats and derelict warships.
With the closest rescue operation decades away, orbital economy in disarray and no authorities in sight, many turn to scavenging, stealing and outright violence. Few others try to live more civilized and begin uncovering the truth behind the largest disaster in human history.
Hellion is an ambitious project. It is an immersive world set in a solar system many lightyears from the comforts of Earth and is entirely based on the laws of Newtonian physics.
Hellion will make its debut as an Early Access game. EA version represents the basics of the vision behind this dark world. As our community grows and the player base expands, the game will evolve beyond these confines and become a true space survival that we can all enjoy. Open and honest communication between developers and community is the cornerstone of this idea. We are always open for discussion with our players as we believe that each and every one of us can add something to this project. Join us in the dystopian future that is Hellion and let’s build this world together!
Below is a comprehensive list of features planned for Hellion’s early access. Most of these are already in the game, some of them will undergo modification and improvement while others will be implemented during the course of Early Access (features marked as completed are the ones that will be present from the start and possibly modified and improved upon, based on community feedback)…
Space based on real physics
Explore a persistent solar system where all in-game objects from planets and moons to ships and stations abide by Newtonian Physics and full Orbital Mechanics. A seamless world you can immerse yourself in without interruptions. No instances or loading screens.
- Realistic scale solar system (completed)
- Newtonian Physics (completed)
- Orbital mechanics (completed)
- Seamless transitions (completed)
- Persistent universe (completed)
Experience sound that changes according to your environment, from the deathly silence of hard vacuum to the deafening roar of the ship’s engine room.
Find a way to survive in the most hostile environment known to man and learn how to protect yourself from vacuum, decompression, extreme temperatures and radiation.
- Vacuum and decompression (completed)
- Temperature (work in progress)
- Radiation (work in progress)
Find and repurpose abandoned station modules and ships for personal use, or strip them for parts to fix and upgrade your existing equipment.
- Parts (completed)
- Resources (completed)
- Station modules (completed)
- Ships (work in progress)
Grab a suit and your mining gear and EVA over to the nearby asteroid or fly your ship into the upper layers of a gas giant in order to harvest raw resources that can be refined into fuel, air and crafting components.
- Asteroid EVA mining (completed)
- Refining (completed)
- Asteroid Ship mining (work in progress)
- Gas giant harvesting (work in progress)
Stop relying on salvage and set up your own crafting facility. Create custom parts, weapons and other equipment to help you better survive in the hostile world of Hellion.
- Parts (work in progress)
- Weapons (work in progress)
- Equipment (work in progress)
Take command of your ship and explore the deserted system of Hellion using realistic navigation and scanning mechanics. Learn how to exploit orbital mechanics and balance using RCS, main thrusters and warp.
- Piloting and Navigation (completed)
- Scanning (completed)
- Different propulsion systems (completed)
Exchange the safety of your ship for a thrilling EVA experience as you explore the ruins of mankind’s first interstellar colony in search of intel, resources and equipment. Experience the unique feel of zero gravity movement without restrictions and master the use of inertia for maximum benefits.
Modular ships, stations and gear
Fully modular and customizable ships, stations and equipment. Build a base from salvaged modules and customize it to your liking. Refit a salvaged vessel with additional modules and equipment according to your playstyle.
- Base building (completed)
- Ship modification (work in progress)
- Equipment (work in progress)
Detailed space combat with subsystem targeting, complex damage propagation and last second repairs.
- Ship to ship combat (work in progress)
- Subsystem targeting and destruction (work in progress)
- Damage propagation (work in progress)
- Damage control mechanics (work in progress)
- Electronic warfare (work in progress)
Learn to maintain and resupply your ship, station and equipment or watch as everything you’ve worked hard to build falls apart around you.
- Complex resource management (completed)
- Stations (completed)
- Ships (completed)
- Equipment (work in progress)
Engage in a thrilling close quarters combat with other survivors and use environment to your advantage. Team up with other players for protection or build a crew of cutthroats and lead a boarding party to raid others.
- Close quarters combat (completed)
- Boarding (completed)
- Hacking and security (work in progress)
- Realistic wound mechanics (work in progress)
- Suite damage and degradation (work in progress)
Play as a lone wolf, team up with others or stab them in the back for personal gain. The choice is yours.Multi-crew ships (completed)
Bring your friends along for the ride, divide roles and form a competent crew.Realistic communications
Proximity chat, short and long range radio transmissions and FTL communication mechanics. Hail other ships, broadcast distress calls and eavesdrop on unsecure channels.
- Voice chat (work in progress)
- Radio mechanics (work in progress)
- FTL communications (work in progress)
42. Starr Mazer: DSP
Starr Mazer: DSP is a side-scrolling shoot’em up in the same vein as classics like Gradius and Lords of Thunder with a roguelike twist on the traditional lives/continues system. Players take control of a squadron of DSP pilots with different ships, weapon loadouts and voices. Your mission is to battle through nine frantic arcade levels, countless waves of enemies, 3 powerful bosses, and take down the G’ell Super Ship in a single run.
The citizens of Thersa-CPIX are at war and we’re not sending one hero to the fight, we’re sending EVERYONE!
- Levels - Battle through nine Levels, across three intense arcade-style bullet-filled acts! Take the fight from the surface of war torn Thersa-CPIX to the Space Gate and up to the heart of the G’ell Super Ship; the Adamastor!
- Recruit - Recruit a diverse team of humans, aliens, and a dog! Hand pick your DSP team before every mission using their weapons, stats and battle order to your advantage!
- SK:ORE - The fight never ends with SK:ORE! There are no game overs in this battle! Use your SK:ORE from fallen enemies and Carbomite pickups to purchase a new squadron of pilots!
- Unlock Pilots - Discover legendary pilots! Give your squadron an edge in battle with unique legendary pilots like Slimo, Bunny Killmaster, Don Thacker and many more!
- Power Up - Power up your weapons for maximum destruction! Collect Carbomite from fallen foes to power up your primary fire or to fuel your super weapon!
Starr Mazer: DSP was born as a passion project during the development of its bigger brother, the point-and-click SHMUP hybrid, Starr Mazer. Originally, Imagos Softworks teamed up with veteran development studio Pixeljam to craft a demo environment to test weapons, enemy attack patterns and space combat. When both teams couldn’t stop playing the single demo level they designed, they knew they were onto something very, very special.
Shortly after, Don Thacker and Miles Tilmann started working tirelessly to crack the code and turn the little demo into a unique fully featured experience. After playing Rogue Legacy, Don was inspired to craft an elegant roguelike game loop to add a refreshing update to the shooter genre. Thus the DSP MkI Corp was founded and a perilous battle that pitted thousands of pilots against the G’ell invasion was born!
A unique game mechanic alone isn’t enough to be memorable. So to bring the world to life in stunning pixel art, the team enlisted Starr Mazer art director Maximo V. Lorenzo, lead artist PixelPiledriver, background artist Christopher Pariano and programmer Justo Delgado Baudí. Arcade High also joins with an intense synthwave soundtrack to round out the experience and take what was once a single demo test level into a fully realized shoot’em up experience!
Hi there! It’s Dan, Playism’s senior content manager. Starr Mazer as a whole is a project I’m very close to and I wanted to say a few words about it.
A major cornerstone of my video game experiences growing up was sitting in front of the TV playing hours of Life Force, R-Type and Gradius. What enraptured me about these games were the stories they told in their boxart, levels, the kinds of enemies that appeared, the bosses and the way they implied humanity’s imminent extinction. These were stories that not only came alive in my imagination, but that were also clearly communicated in pixel art that was not always so clear. Despite low-fi graphics, the experience was profoundly hi-fidelity.
It was a trend that I didn’t feel followed the genre as a whole. Cave took SHMUP story-telling to new heights with Mushihimesama and Death Smiles; Treasure did so with Radiant Silver Gun and Ikaruga. However, I felt the stories in those games came across quite differently as my attention was drawn toward moments and bullets rather than stages and bosses. Impressive as they were, my focus was simply on other things—like not dying horribly.
As I came to know Don’s work in film, such as his shorts and feature length film, Motivational Growth, I understood where Starr Mazer: DSP’s strengths in story came from. And talking with him about classic and modern games I finally understood how Imagos Softworks and Pixeljam were seamlessly blending modern roguelike designs with old school, horizontal, SHMUP story-telling.
Starr Mazer: DSP will be my first personal experience with Early Access and I’m thrilled to see where this adventure goes. I can’t wait to undertake it with you.
43. The Trail: Frontier Challenge
Are you ready to discover the undiscovered? Are you ready to climb the tallest mountains, wear the finest clothes, and earn a fortune beyond compare?
Then welcome to the New World! Welcome to The Trail: Frontier Challenge!
Join pioneers from across land and sea in an epic journey across an undiscovered country! Walk down the single track path of destiny at a calm and measured pace! Get out there and make your mark upon the world, adventurer!
And you are not alone in your travels! Every person you meet on The Trail is another player who will trade with you at campfires located along the way.
- Race, collect and compete in a variety of fun challenges
- Choose from five professions (Lumberjack, Hunter, Cook, Tailor, and Explorer)
- Earn skill points and level up in your chosen profession to become a Master!
- Learn to craft increasingly valuable items and amass a fortune
- Customise your style with a variety of outfits and clothing items
- Fill your backpack on The Trail, but be careful! Those who take too much can end up collapsing and losing precious items!
- Settle down in the town of Eden Falls
- Join other players and form your very own community
- Make your house a home with a wide variety of furnishings
- Get your very own pet dog to accompany you wherever you go
- Upgrade your house to be the envy of all your neighbours
- Trade and share with other players to expand your town for the benefit of all
- Grow together, work together, and one day, perhaps you might even become mayor!
44. Just Fishing
Game with stunning graphics, realistic physics and system behavior of the fish, a wide selection of fishing gear, change the time of day, weather conditions affecting the nibble fish, and many others. Tournaments and competitions, teams and ratings, everything you need for this PVP.
Join the ranks of fans of the game on Steam and fight within a single game universe where you are waiting for players from other platforms: Win and Mac OS X.
- Dozens of beautiful locations.
- Hundreds of different species of fish.
- Complete interesting quests.
- Visit the many stunning lakes and rivers.
- Compete in tournaments and matches.
- Create or join a team.
- And fight with other players for the best places and prizes
45. Super Pixel Racers
- Rally Cross: Classic race against up to 7 other drivers
- Rally: Reach checkpoints on a procedurally generated outdoor track
- Land Rush: Be in front of the pack when the time ends
- Takedown: Destroy the other cars
- Hunt: Chase the target down
- Drift Show: Score points by drifting
- Thirteen Unique Racetracks: From desert dunes to the city streets. A host of unique pixel environments set the stage for some truly super pixel racing.
- Hone your drifting, score some Nitro: The more you drift, the quicker your nitro gauge fills up. Use it for an instant hit of speed; equally useful for dodging obstacles or slamming into opponents.
- Vehicle Damage & Explosion Mechanics: In-race collisions result in visible damage to your pixel racer. Once a car takes too many hits, it goes up in flames!
46. Chicken Invaders 3
Chickens. For centuries we have oppressed them, grilling, roasting, stewing, and stuffing them in buns. We should have known the time would come for us to pay. And it did.
Intergalactic chickens invaded Earth, seeking revenge for the oppression of their earthly brethren. They came out of nowhere, and everywhere. It was only you who managed to repel the invasion, and saved humanity from an eternity of servitude.
Then, things got serious. The intergalactic chickens assaulted the solar system and tried make sure that every planet was inhabited exclusively by chickens. Yet again, it was you who took the world's fate in your ketchup-stained hands and saved the day.
But it isn't over yet. Once more, it's time to don your non-stick egg-repulsing helmet and fight for our ancestral right to omelettes. Only you can make a difference. Will you succeed? Will the future of chicken burgers be secure? Or will you end up as part of the menu in a galactic chicken restaurant?
Basingstoke is a tense and brutal roguelike that mixes stealth and arcade action. Explore the smouldering ruins of apocalyptic Basingstoke, UK, a world of extreme peril where reanimated undead and ferocious alien monsters roam!
Scavenge and Craft
Loot and craft as you explore. Lob a tasty sausage roll as a diversion, or poison a kebab for bait. Sneak up and knock a monster out with a whack from a cricket bat, or slice them up with a chainsaw. Tranquillize them with a dart fired from a homemade blowpipe, or set them alight with a DIY flamethrower. There's over a hundred useable items to loot or craft!
No Second Chances
Use stealth to sneak, weapons to attack, or if all else fails, run! But be very careful - one bite and you'll be ripped apart to become a tasty snack for monsters! Violence is your last resort. Sneaking, skullduggery, and ambush are your tactics.
What is Basingstoke?
Basingstoke is a town in England, renowned for its charming mix of hand crafted and procedurally generated features. Explore, above and below ground, and enjoy its many attractions. Rob a parking ticket machine, vandalise a keep left sign, go shopping at the OMNImart24/7... or if things get a bit much, hide in a wheelie bin.
As you progress you'll unlock new characters. Start as a Tourist and capture those special moments with your selfie stick or splurge at the shops with your OmniBank GoldCard. Play as the Thief and use your Locksmith gadget to crack security panels and break safes. Each character has specialist equipment, unique crafting recipes... and hats!
Welcome to Basingstoke!
We're currently adding Steam Achievements and Trading Cards!
Time to DEPLOY! Take your friends and get ready for the epic battles in Deployment, the new multiplayer online top-down shooter game from the creators of the We Are The Dwarves.
An uncertain future. Cyberspace. War has broken out over valuable data belonging to megacorporations.
CHOOSE A CLASS AND GET READY FOR BATTLE:Trooper: A powerful unit with high-speed weaponry. He trusts nothing but his combat-tested rifles.
Pyro: A fast unit with light armor. He absorbs damage and transforms it into firepower.
Sniper: An accurate unit with high-tech bullets. He can become invisible and perform stealth kills.
Laser: high-tech class. He uses his abilities to steal the enemy's health.
RPG Gunner: An armored class. He fires powerful projectiles and is very useful in team play.
Unlock achievements to upgrade your classes. Climb the leaderboard with your friends and become the best player in the world!
Capture as many Systems as you can to seize the advantage on every part of the randomly-generated levels.FEATURES
- A fast-paced, competitive, multiplayer top-down shooter
- Five classes with varied weapons and ultimate abilities
- An original room-control mechanic. Capture Systems to seize the advantage in a room
- Varied upgrade tree. Develop your classes to suit your playstyle
- Several modes for playing solo or with friends. Assemble a team and climb the leaderboard!
- Randomly generated battlefields. Every battle is unique!
49. Insanity's Blade
Take a father’s journey to hell in order to save the souls of his wife and child.
The ultimate old school trip to hell!!
The Chronicles of Thurstan is the first in a series of games based around the journey of a sword possessed by a father's powerful grief and hatred. This first game is the tale of the swords creation.
Rewarding game play features!
- A blend of action, platforming and RPG elements with a classic retro arcade style
- Battle through over 16 stages filled with unique enemies, environments and side quests
- Scale buildings and caves with Thurstan’s wall climbing and jumping ablilites
- Collect powerful weapons in your inventory and upgrade abilities at the store
- Play local co-op with your friends! The second player takes control of multiple supporting characters throughout the story!
- STORY mode filled with cutscenes, intros and outros between levels to tell the story of Insanity's Blade
- Play the streamlined ARCADE mode for non-stop carnage!
- Multiple difficulty levels to satisfy both the casual and hardcore cravings!
- Powerful OPTIONS menu including classic 4:3 or modern 16:9 screen resolution, custom control binding and 16bit or 8bit soundtracks!
- After beating the STORY mode revisit your save file for unlimited stage replay and completing missed sidequests!
Killer 8-bit and 16-bit soundtracks
A fully original soundtrack with 8-bit and 16-bit versions of each track!
What The Web Says
- TEAM2G.org "If you had any love for the old 2D combat-centric platformers, you definitely want to give this game a try.".
Full Review: http://team2g.org/insanitys-blade-two-dimensional-rage/
- IndieGames.com "one of my favorite action games from last year."
Full Review: http://indiegames.com/2015/05/new_arcade_mode_streamlines_in.html
- RPG.net "it understands retro style and mechanics so well while never letting itself be held back by them, I cannot not love it."
Full Review: http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/16/16417.phtml
- JoelCouture.com "a game that, for all of its intense storyline, concentrates on making sure the player is having a good time."
Full Review: http://www.joelcouture.com/?p=4095
- PixelPopuli.com "Pretty damn fun slice of retro inspired arcade action."
Full Review: http://pixelpopuli.com/insanitys-blade-review/
- TechRaptor.net "throwback to the classics of old, with gameplay good enough to keep a player engaged the entire way through."
Full Review: http://techraptor.net/content/insanitys-blade-review-when-berserk-meets-gargoyles-quest
- Cliqist.com "fun and easy to learn. After four hours, I'm 70% of the way through, and I definitely lost track of time."
Full Review: http://cliqist.com/2015/02/04/16bit-death-dismemberment-insanitys-blade/
- 336GameReviews.com "a hidden gem and worthy of any fan of the Action genre"
Full Review: http://www.336gamereviews.com/insanitys-blade-review/
Some Awesome YouTube Let's Players!
- Positron's Singleplayer full play-through series - Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y8kKij0ypo&list=PLwQX4pVd9LWnLSVxlxJ-2-FpMo2rtoGkY&index=1
- NoiselessMound's Co-Op play-through series - Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIA1ZaF_HJQ
- SpicyWaffle's Co-Op quick look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KOp9qsoKXI
- SlasherJPC's Singleplayer quick look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SeaA-5_uug
Adapted from the Insanity’s Blade graphic novel written by Chris Obritsch and as featured on the now-defunct WTFmag.ca
Note: This software is not compatible with video streaming or screen capture software. Decreased performance will be experienced.
50. Oscura: Lost Light
Oscura, the apprentice lighthouse keeper, has accidentally destroyed the Aurora Stone, sending shards across the Driftlands and plunging them into darkness and danger. It’s now up to Oscura to find the shards of the stone and restore light to the Driftlands before the creatures of the dark can destroy it. Fortunately, the accident has fused Oscura’s hand with glowing fire, enabling him to wield powers altering anything the light touches. Each level challenges your puzzle-solving skills and reactions in this modern adventure built upon the time-honoured mechanics of classic platformers.FeaturesMaster the Light: Along your dark journey you’ll find four different powers, each designed to help you through the Driftlands. Destruction, Construction, Gravity and Time are yours to command. Master each unique light power in your dark journey through the Driftlands.
Discover the origin of our accidental hero: Oscura wasn’t always the Driftland’s trusty lighthouse keeper. And he didn’t always have his flaming hand. Taking place before the previous Oscura games, Lost Light reveals where our hero’s journey began and the fate of the original light house keeper.
Old school platformer meets new school design: Taking inspiration from classic platformers such as Super Mario Bros, Oscura Lost Light combines these elements with a modern design aesthetic.
Use your wits: The Driftlands aren’t for the feint hearted and Oscura’s not a fighter. You’ll need to out-think and outwit creatures such as the Lost Ones, Shagrims, Bewinged, Grymfus, Cursed Skulls and more. Just as challenging are the puzzles you must solve if you wish to survive.
Confront Evil: Just when you think you’ve succeeded by collecting the shards of the Aurora Stone, you’ll need to face the ultimate challenge and restore the Lost Light … but beware … Mavro the Lord of Shadows awaits. Only by defeating Mavro can you save the Driftlands.