The best games like Supreme Commander are:
- arrow_rightAssassin's Creed Revelations
- arrow_rightMagicka 2
- arrow_rightWarhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition
- arrow_rightSid Meier's Civilization IV
- arrow_rightSid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
- arrow_rightBlack Desert Online
100 Best Games Like Supreme Commander:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (40)
- PlayStation 4 (43)
- iOS (34)
- Android (18)
- macOS (89)
- Linux (55)
- Nintendo Switch (20)
- Nintendo 3DS (5)
- Nintendo DS (7)
- Xbox 360 (38)
- Xbox (6)
- PlayStation 3 (49)
- PlayStation 2 (12)
- PlayStation (4)
- PS Vita (10)
- PSP (6)
- Wii U (4)
- Wii (14)
- GameCube (6)
- Nintendo 64 (3)
- Game Boy Advance (6)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (4)
- Classic Macintosh (4)
- Commodore / Amiga (3)
- Atari ST (1)
- Genesis (1)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
Magicka is a fun franchise. Based on Scandinavian mythology, we follow a story of four mages that have formed an order to protect Midgard from a warlock. Yet this warlock is just a pawn in the greater game of a demon Assatur, who wants to destroy wants to destroy the homeland of the mages. The game gives few nods towards some other known franchises as Warhammer, Warcraft or even Star Wars.
Gaming process is very complicated. Having no character class as it is, every mage can create his unique combinations from eight different types of magic - water, life, shield, cold, lightning, arcane, earth and fire. Some of them are not compatible such as fire and cold because of their opposing nature, but the game deeply explores the way to create a unique gameplay-style based on your preference. Around the world, you can find magickas - scrolls that contain new spells and magic. Supporting up to four players at the same time it is a very fun game despite having loads of technical issues, like bugs and other problems.
2. Assassin's Creed Revelations
When a man has won all his battles and defeated his enemies; what is left for him to achieve? Ezio Auditore must leave his life behind in search of answers, In search of the truth.
In Assassin’s Creed® Revelations, master assassin Ezio Auditore walks in the footsteps of the legendary mentor Altair, on a journey of discovery and revelation. It is a perilous path – one that will take Ezio to Constantinople, the heart of the Ottoman Empire, where a growing army of Templars threatens to destabilize the region.
In addition to Ezio’s award-winning story, a refined and expanded online multiplayer experience returns with more modes, more maps and more characters, allowing you to test your assassin skills against others from around the world.
Key Features:BECOME DEADLIER THAN EVER
Wield the lethal skills of a wiser, more efficient and deadlier Ezio. Swiftly eliminate your adversaries by deploying a new arsenal of weapons and abilities, such as enhanced free-running and hook blade combat. Experience new levels of gameplay customization with bomb crafting, and use heightened Eagle Vision to overcome your enemies and the environment.
TEST YOUR SKILLS AGAINST THE BEST
A critically acclaimed multiplayer experience gets even better, with all-new team modes and infinite replay value.
EXPERIENCE REVOLUTIONARY GAMEPLAY
Explore the farthest reaches of the Animus as you uncover the mysteries of Desmond’s past while gaining insight into what the future might hold.
3. Magicka 2
Magicka 2 is an action-adventure game developed by Arrowhead Game Studios. The game serves as a direct continuation of the first Magicka.
Once upon a time, four mages saved Midgard from complete destruction. However, the war between magic schools broke out after that. Most of the wizards passed away. Humanity entered a Golden Age without the mages destroying the human's way of life. During this period a prophecy of a child that would make Midgard a better place emerges. The prophecy also told that the evil forces will oppose the child. Mages set out on a quest to save the child.
The game could be played alone or in a cooperative mode with up to four players. Unlike most role-playing games, Magicka 2 does not feature any class system. Every character is armed with a staff and a melee weapon.
Magicka 2 features a high degree of satire and a lot of references to other games. For example, one of the weapons the player can use is the Excalibur or the M60 machine gun crafted by a local blacksmith from a string and a shotgun. The main feature of the game is the dynamic spellcasting system that allows combining 8 elementals in order for the player to choose their own playstyle.
4. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition
The game takes place in the universe of Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, on a planet called Tartarus.
You play as Gabriel Angelos, the commander of the Space Marines, who comes to the planet to fight the Armada of orcs because they have become a real problem of the star system. Later he learns that the Chaos forces are the leaders of the Orcs. The Sorcerer, Sindri Myr betrays his master, Baal. Then Gabriel was betrayed by his friend, who gave the sorcerer Sindri Myr a mystical artefact - Maledictum, but despite this, Sindri Myr leaves Isador to fight alone, and he dies. Sindri uses the stone to turn into the Daemon Prince with the stone's power.
The player is given the opportunity to collect resources and spend them on the construction of the base, the development of technology and the creation of military units. However, in this game, much attention is paid to the tactical component.
Fights, as a rule, are not large crowds of troops, but small groups of 4-8 people and the number of military equipment is calculated units. There are also personal limitations. For example, the number of Orc races and chaos builders is limited to 4-5 units.
Categories in common with Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition: Strategy
5. Sid Meier's Civilization IV
As with the rest of Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the player controls a real historical civilization and leads it from the stone age to the space era. The goal is to develop its culture, science, and economy and to conquer the neighboring countries if you feel like it. There are eighteen playable civilizations in the game with some of them having multiple leaders to choose from. Each PC-controlled leader is based on an actual historical figure and has his or her unique personality traits, such as being diplomatic or aggressive.
Civilization IV was the first to introduce different religions rather than an abstract "religion" as a concept. There are seven available religions that can be founded during the game and spread across the map, increasing their founder's influence and boosting his citizens' happiness. The fourth part also introduced the idea of Great People, such as scientists, artists, and prophets, who are also based on actual persons. Corruption mechanic was removed and replaced with expensive building maintenance. Barbarians, who used to be just random enemy units, now can build cities that, however, will not contact with the player via diplomacy and should only be eliminated.
Categories in common with Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Strategy
6. Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
Sid Meier’s Civilization Beyond Earth is a 4X strategy game, the follower of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. You need to develop a new civilization from a colony that arrives on another planet. You can choose a nation from 8 available expeditions, a settlers’ class and some other parameters that give you start bonuses and define the path your colony will follow. The goal of the game is to dominate the world.
Like in the previous games of the series, Beyond Earth features resource mining and management, technology development, trading and diplomacy. However, ways to the victory differ from classic Civilization ones. Here they depend on the resource type you focus on. As a result, you can rather co-exist with the planet, become the technological leader, make this new planet more Earth-like by changing its landscape or establish contact with aliens.
Additionally to general civilization development Beyond earth often gives you tasks to progress through the game. A huge part of the game is dedicated to exploration and interaction with aliens who protect their homeland from invaders.
Categories in common with Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth: Strategy
Flatout is the racing game with a heavy focus on destruction and associated with the drivers tearing out the front windshield. It is the first part of the tetralogy, followed by the three sequels and one remaster.
The game consists of two modes: survival and racing. The goal of the racing part is pretty much the same as in any game of its genre: to reach the finish through the variety of lap tracks. The one to finish the route first wins. There are always eight players on the map with the protagonist and seven other racers — the game does not divide players into teams, every racer plays for himself. While the survival mode brings a new experience to the genre cause the winning player is determined not only by the amount of the damage it dealt to the others but also by surviving as long as possible.
The FlatOut is usually noticed for the realistic physics and the destruction mechanics, allowing the player to ruin their cars in many ways with the different types of collisions being caused by the different kinds of accidents accordingly. Apart from vehicle impacts the racing game also features realistic driver-tossing-out mechanics based on Ragdoll physics technology, which was previously used in animated cartoons and FlatOut is the first known title to utilize the engine in the video games.
8. Black Desert Online
Players will enjoy jaw-dropping graphics, intuitive skill-based combat, and an immersive story encased in our expansive world that’s just waiting to be explored. Accompanied by a Black Spirit, a companion whose destiny is intertwined with their own, players will discover the secret of the Black Stones and the history of their corrupting effects.
- Robust Character Creation Tools - Make the character YOU want to play.
- Seamless Movement Throughout the World – No loading times necessary as you explore.
- Combo-Oriented, Non-Targeted Combat - Take part in fast-paced, action-packed combat with skills that can be chained through combos.
- Unique Weather and Climate - The weather and climate will have various effects on different zones that players can adapt to.
- Day / Night Cycle – Along with unique weather and climate changes, the game revolves around a day/night cycle that alters NPC behavior and triggers various events based on the time of day.
- Instanced Player Housing – From tents to palaces and everything in between, players can furnish and customize their own homes and can hire NPCs to keep your place clean or purchase things from the marketplace.
- Mounted Combat – Utilize your trusted mounts on the battlefield and take advantage of their mobility and effectiveness in combat. Keep in mind, however, that mounts will need to be cared for, housed and protected as they can die in combat.
- Boss Hunts - Group up with friends or other players to hunt down field bosses and world bosses to get that rare loot.
- Siege Warfare - Massive free-for-all guild battles! Join a guild and participate in daily node wars or weekly conquest wars against many other competing guilds. Win the node or castle and claim it for a week to collect taxes to increase your guild funds.
- Ocean Contents - Craft your boat and make sail to the vast oceans to fish, hunt ocean monsters and bosses, underwater exploring and gathering, quest missions, trade, and so much more.
- Taming & Breeding - Catch and tame horses and elephants in the wild to make it your mount. You can also breed horses for better offspring with improved mount stats and skills.
- Crafting - Enjoy all aspects of crafting in Black Desert from tools, weapons, armor, jewelry, boats, costumes, outfits, and more. Just about everything can be crafted in the world of Black Desert Online.
- Profession - Take part and grow your character into a profession that can help your income. With professions like gathering, processing, cooking, alchemy, training, fishing, hunting, trading, farming, and sailing, you can choose to play Black Desert Online the way you want to.
9. Planetary Annihilation
Set in the distant future, this science fiction strategy was inspired by Total Annihilation (1997) and is designed by one of the original game's engine creators, Jon Mavor. Planetary Annihilation gameplay is largely similar to classic RTS series like Starcraft or Command & Conquer, yet not without its own unique features. This game is focused on interplanetary wars on a larger scale and allows its players to conquer the whole worlds or even destroy them using nukes and Death Star-like devices. The maps are randomly generated, and each map constitutes a whole planet in 3D projection (albeit scaled down). Each player starts with a Commander unit that is used to create necessary buildings. Commanders represent the player and, like in chess, loss of your Commander means losing the game.
The definitive feature of the game is that battles are not contained to certain planets, but are fought across the whole planetary systems using missiles and "planet thrusters"; and there are many such systems in the galaxy. The scale of the setting can make it difficult to keep track of one's operations across different systems at the later stages of the game.
Categories in common with Planetary Annihilation: Strategy
10. Friday the 13th: The Game
Friday the 13th: The Game is a third-person horror, survival game where players take on the role of a teen counselor, or for the first time ever, Jason Voorhees. You and six other unlucky souls will do everything possible to escape and survive while the most well-known killer in the world tracks you down and brutally slaughters you. Friday the 13th: The Game will strive to give every single player the tools to survive, escape or even try to take down the man who cannot be killed. Each and every gameplay session will give you an entirely new chance to prove if you have what it takes not only to survive, but to best the most prolific killer in cinema history, a slasher with more kills than any of his rivals!
Meanwhile, Jason will be given an array of abilities to track, hunt and kill his prey. Stalk from the shadows, scare your targets and kill them when the time is right in as brutal a fashion as you can imagine. Take control of the legendary killer that is Jason Voorhees and terrify those unfortunate enough to cross your path!
Play as Jason Voorhees!
For the first time ever, you will have the opportunity to play as Jason Voorhees, the most famous killer in horror. Stalk your prey, ambush them whenever you see fit and strike fear in the hearts of so many hapless victims as you become the legend himself! Friday the 13th: The Game will include a variety of kills, new and familiar, that will help you set the tone for the Jason Voorhees that you want to be. You’ll even get to unlock various Jason incarnations from the movies!
Jason will be equipped with a terrifying array of abilities, giving you the control of a hunter at the height of his game. These are his woods, and he knows them all too well. Jason will not only feed off the fear of his victims, but will become stronger as the night progresses. The darker the night, the more terrifying Jason becomes!
Fans of the movies will be able to play as various versions of Jason, including:
Friday the 13th, Part II
Friday the 13th, Part III
Friday the 13th, Part VI: Jason Lives
Friday the 13th, Part VII: New Blood
Friday the 13th, Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
How Will You Survive?
The entire focus of Friday the 13th: The Game is multiplayer. Survival is entirely up to you, the player, as you either stealthily hide from Jason or work together as a team to escape or bring the fight to Jason. Playing as a counselor is all about risk and reward, giving players multiple means of triumph over Jason! Want to hide in the woods as you wait for the police? Perhaps you want to band together and try to take on Jason as a group? Maybe you and a friend decide to fix the boat on the lake and escape while leaving everyone else to their fate? There are endless opportunities to survive the night, but every choice has a consequence.
Friday the 13th: The Game will continually set the pace of change, giving you unfamiliar surroundings while Jason Voorhees looks for his latest victim. No single strategy will ever be reliable, forcing players to adapt and change each time they begin their long night in Camp Blood! Be wary, you never know when or where Jason is going to strike!
Play as the Counselors!
We all remember the various tropes from Friday the 13th, and the game will be no exception! Each counselor type will have strengths and weaknesses, affording players the chance to excel in certain situations. Find the counselor that best suits your play style, or come up with various strategies to win against Jason! Players will have the chance to continually update and improve their characters through unlocks, customization and improvement! The more you play, the more you adapt and become a better all-around counselor!
Camp Crystal Lake in All Its Glory!
Mirroring Camp Crystal Lake from the Friday the 13th series, players will try to survive not only in the iconic Camp Crystal Lake, but surrounding area. Iconic locations from the movies, like Higgins Haven will also serve as stalking grounds for Jason and his prey.
Players will be given a large, open area in which to explore as they attempt to hide from certain death! Each gameplay session will fundamentally change the scenario, never affording players the opportunity to learn patterns or figure out where helpful items may be lying. With each movie giving a different feeling to the campgrounds, Friday the 13th: The Game gives you new and challenging situations every time you enter the woods!
Your Crystal Lake Database
Friday the 13th: The Game will feature a progressive unlock system unified to your account. The longer you play, the more you'll unlock from counselor customization to new Jason Voorhees costumes seen in the movies! Besides giving you personalized camp counselors, you'll be able to unlock secrets within Camp Crystal Lake, exploring the mystery surrounding Jason Voorhees and the grounds he patrols!
Be Kind. Rewind.
Every aspect of Friday the 13th: The Game
is drawn straight from movies you know and love. We’ve carefully crafted this world to remind you of
everything you remember about Friday the 13th, right down to the visual fidelity of the 80’s. This is exactly how you remember it.
11. Call of Juarez
Call of Juarez is an epic adventure western themed FPS game. The player alternately assumes the roles of two distinct, antagonistic characters: a sneaking fugitive Billy and his hunter the reverend Ray. Apart from the highly interesting, emotional and psychological aspect of the link between the two characters, the player will experience a variety of gameplay with many differences whilst playing a particular character.
The game features fast paced revolver duels using historically accurate firearms, horseback riding, mounted combat and stealth actions in memorable locations set after Western movies. Emergent gameplay based on accurate simulation of not only rigid bodies and rag-dolls but also liquids, gases, fire and smoke makes the gameplay innovative and non-linear.
- Very serious approach to the Wild West theme and detailed reconstruction of the character and visuals of that times
- The use of physics and innovative simulation of fire, liquids, dust, smokes and gases to construct emergent gameplay
- State of the art graphics making use of the top technology graphics cards features on todays cards.
- Playing 2 distinct characters with different abilities and different gameplay
- Horseback riding and saddle shooting, gunfighter duels
- Using the whip to fight, move objects and move the player's character
- Legendary weapons form the Gold Fever era and full akimbo mode for the hands on approach.
- Exhilarating storyline with full of twists and turns in this exciting Western Genre.
12. Sacred Gold
A shadow of evil has fallen on the kingdom of Ancaria. It is a time for champions - a time to journey into the perilous world of SACRED. Battle blood-thirsty orcs & lumbering ogres... Destroy undead wizards & rotting mummies... Slay hellish demons & legendary dragons. With blazing magic & sharpened steel, prepare to embark on an epic quest of fantasy adventure & heroism.
SACRED GOLD is the complete SACRED collection in one box, containing the full version of SACRED, winner of the 'Best Roleplaying Game 2004' award from PC GAMER, Sacred Plus and Sacred Underworld.
SACRED - The new name in Action-RPGs. SACRED delivers a huge, elaborate world comprising 16 regions beset with heroic quests, battle-hardened warriors and horrific enemies. Ancaria consists of highly detailed landscapes, complete with villages and towns, and also features a day/night cycle with varying weather systems. Regions vary from forests and mountains to deserts, catacombs and ice-covered landmasses. More than three quarters of the world is open to the players from the very start - no unlocks needed.
SACRED Plus - Incorporates all of the feedback from the player community since the first release of SACRED. This includes an optimized interface, and many completely new features: two new regions, two additional main quests, new item sets and weapons, and many new creature types which make adventuring in Ancaria even more dangerous.
SACRED Underworld - Ancaria is facing a threat far greater than ever before. The now familiar world continues to evolve, with existing SACRED players able to import their old characters into the Underworld.
Choose from eight heroic characters: Gladiator, Seraphim, Battlemage, Wood Elf, Vampiress, Daemon, and Dwarf.
Hundreds of unique weapons, armors and set items - collect artifacts and forge all-powerful weapons!
Learn Combat Arts, develop new skills, and customize devastating combo-attacks.
A huge world open to explore from the outset.
An epic RPG and enthralling storyline with over 30 main quests & 200 sub-quests and dynamic quests.
13. Grey Goo
Grey Goo is a real-time strategy game developed by Petroglyph Games in collaboration with Weta Workshop.
On a distant habitable planet called Ecosystem Nine, three factions confront each other. Humans, Betas, and the Grey Goo nanobots. The humans arrive on the planet to investigate an unusual signal, as they thought to be to only intelligent beings in the planet system. Betas established a colony after escaping from their own planet. And the Goo used to be an old human-made surveillance system, which reprogrammed itself and tries to return to its creators while consuming everything on its way.
The players are free to choose any faction to play as both in singleplayer campaign and multiplayer PvP mode. Each faction has its own set of units, buildings and drastically differs in gameplay from every other one. For example, Betas rely on speed and mobility to outmaneuver their enemies, while humans can use teleportation devices to deploy their forces to the battlefield quickly and reconstruct their own base in a matter of seconds.
The game's developers put a heavy emphasis on the preference of macro decisions instead of micromanagement. This being said, the player's strategy serves as a deciding factor in winning the game, not the speed with which they buy their units and build structures.
Categories in common with Grey Goo: Strategy
14. Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 2 is a third-person shooter, the second installment in Capcom’s Lost Planet series.
The game takes place on E.D.N. III, a planet full of hostile alien insectoids named Akrid. The story begins ten years after the events of the original game. The climate of E.D.N. III starts getting warmer. Military organization NEVEC begins a dangerous operation to exploit a unique Akrid Cat-G. The game consists of six episodes. In each of the player controls different characters, mainly from NEVEC’s spec-ops.
The game is divided into six episodes. Each of them consists of several chapters that in their turn consist of several missions. There are no checkpoints during the missions, so each of them requires a player to complete it in one sitting without dying. The player explores levels both by foot and via special mechanized armor suits known as Vital Suits. The Vital Suits have their own set of heavy weapons such as rocket launchers and chainsaw. On foot, the player can use a grappling hook to reach remote places or hang on other Vital Suits.
The game has the strong emphasis on multiplayer. It offers both cooperative and competitive modes. Versus multiplayer shares many similarities to previous games, adding new game modes and customization options.
15. Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars is a real-time strategy game developed by EA Los Angeles. It is the third game in the Tiberium sub-series and continues the plot of Tiberian Sun.
The year is 2047, 17 years after the events of the Firestorm Expansion pack. The Brotherhood of Nod unexpectedly turns off the Global Defence Initiative's missile shield and destroys the Philadelphia orbital station. Most of the GDI's leaders are dead in one move, with the Brotherhood planning to take on the east coast of the United States. The game follows the events of the Third Tiberian War.
In Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars the players spectate the action on the battlefield and give orders to their units. The main objective is to destroy the enemies base.
Like in the previous games, the core building for the formation of your army is the mobile command center, which is placed on the default starting position on every map of the game, yet it is possible to move it freely around the level. Each building type works as a technological tree where new units can be built only if a specific set of buildings were put up by the player. Every unit can be countered by another, thanks to a rock, paper, scissors game designing philosophy. Three factions are present in the game, with every one of them differing in their units, buildings, style, and gameplay.
1v1 and 2v2 multiplayer modes are also available with the addition of an ELO ranking system.
16. STAR WARS Empire at War - Gold Pack
A collection of strategic games in the world of Star Wars.
During the Galactic Civil War, you can lead the rebels, dominate the Empire, or become a criminal at the head of a powerful criminal group.
Being in more than eighty terrestrial and extraterrestrial locations, you can control everything from one unit to the Death Star. Each decision affects the next fight, each battle affects the entire Galaxy.
Among the locations and heroes there are names familiar from the films - Tatooine, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Han Solo and Chewbacca, R2-D2 and C-3PO and others.
In addition to playing for the Light and Dark sides of the Force, you can play "against all and only for yourself" - in the role of Tiber Zann you can lead a group of criminals to the top of the criminal world of the Galaxy. This option is provided by the addition to the game - "Forces of Corruption". In the arsenal of criminals are well-known methods: piracy, kidnapping, extortion and bribery. And with the help of such an all-powerful key as corruption, you can achieve complete control over the Galaxy.
Categories in common with STAR WARS Empire at War - Gold Pack: Strategy
17. Might & Magic: Heroes VI
Might & Magic: Heroes VI is a turn-based strategy game developed by Black Hole Entertainment. It is the direct continuation of the Might & Magic game series.
The game takes place 400 years before the events of Heroes of Might and Magic V.
Michael, a powerful archangel was revived. He sets out to capture Ashan covering it up as preparation to a demon invasion. The Archangel kills off his old enemies as he goes on, yet the human dynasty of Griffons is highly underestimated. A war breaks out, and humans win.
15 years after the war, the fifth children that will be the protagonists of Might & Magic: Heroes VI are born. The Duke is killed, and the children set out on a quest to find out who possessed the mind of the killer.
The game's formula does not deteriorate much from the previous installments of the series. It still is a hero-oriented turn-based game. The players can join a faction, each of which has several heroes, different units that can be upgraded.
The players can buy property in the game. Every property will become a part of the player's own kingdom. Not only it is used for overviewing your possessions, but the kingdom is also known as the part of the map that the player has under their control. It is essential to keep an eye out on the wellbeing of your citizens, as each property produces items for your army and resources for progressing further into the game.
18. Supreme Commander 2
Supreme Commander 2 is a real-time strategy, a sequel to Supreme Commander. The story is set in the near future in the world of giant mechs and the rise of technology. The plot tells about the confrontation of three forces: the United Earth Federation, the Illuminate and the Cybrans. They united in the first game but the newly elected President's assassination makes them break up.
The game is split into three missions dedicated to these forces. You have an opportunity to play as each side of the conflict that allows you to see it at different angles. At the end three separated campaigns come together and have the single ending.
The gameplay is typical for the RTS genre: you need to build facilities, mine resources and create an army of different military forces, including robots, tanks and super weapons. Your units are upgradeable with special points you can get developing technologies and defeating enemies. The goal of the game is to overcome your opponents. However, in a single-player campaign you can win by the numerical superiority of your army.
19. Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is an enhanced version of the real-time strategy classic, Halo Wars, updated to run natively on PC.
Set early in the iconic war between the Covenant and UNSC - made famous by the Halo FPS games - Halo Wars: Definitive Edition provides a unique angle on the war while bringing new heroes to the battlefield. Control large Halo armies and direct them in action-packed warfare.
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition includes improved graphics, new achievements and all the DLC from the landmark game. Experience the epic campaign or compete in online multiplayer battles with armies of powerful Halo forces at your command.
Network play for this product is exclusive to Steam. Cross-play with Windows Store versions of the same game is not supported.
Categories in common with Halo Wars: Definitive Edition: Strategy
20. Stronghold Crusader 2
Stronghold Crusader II is the fifth game in Stronghold series of medieval strategies. It is the direct sequel to the 2002 spin-off of the series, Stronghold: Crusader.
Stronghold Crusader II is set in the Middle East in the era of Crusades. The game's two campaign modes follow the two sides in the Crusades: the Crusaders and the Muslims. The game features historical figures like Saladin and Richard of England, as well as the characters from earlier games in the series, such as Rat and Wolf.
The game is similar to all Stronghold games. The player assumes the role of a medieval lord who controls his castle. The player has to build the walls and towers, hire the knights and archers, and establish a productive medieval economy to support the war effort. Most missions involve a siege of a castle, with the player as the attacker, the defender, or both.
Everything in Stronghold, from the food to the war, requires the player to establish a chain of production, such as a mill and a bakery to make bread. The player has to produce armor and weapons before hiring most types of units. There's also a reputation meter that tracks what the people think of their lord. The player can increase his or her reputation by offering the people more food, lowering taxes, or building pubs and churches.
Stronghold Crusader II has several multiplayer modes. It was the first game in the series to introduce a cooperative mode that allows two players to control the same castle.
21. Total War: ATTILA
Against a darkening background of famine, disease and war, a new power is rising in the great steppes of the East. With a million horsemen at his back, the ultimate warrior king approaches, and his sights are set on Rome…
The next instalment in the multi award-winning PC series that combines turn-based strategy with real-time tactics, Total War: ATTILA casts players back to 395 AD. A time of apocalyptic turmoil at the very dawn of the Dark Ages.
How far will you go to survive? Will you sweep oppression from the world and carve out a barbarian or Eastern kingdom of your own? Or will you brace against the coming storm as the last remnants of the Roman Empire, in the ultimate survival-strategy challenge?
The Scourge of God is coming. Your world will burn.
Apocalyptic destruction mechanics
Wield the ferocious power of fire in battle to set buildings ablaze and terrify defenders, or wipe entire cities and regions from the face of the campaign map with the new raze mechanic.
Legendary start position
Playing as the Western Roman Empire you will begin with vast territories under your control, but weakened by political in-fighting and threatened on all sides by enemies, your dominance will quickly become a struggle to survive.
Overhauled game mechanics
Improved core gameplay and UI through the latest optimised and modified Total War game mechanics, including politics, family tree, civic management and technological progression.
Incredible period detail
With new period-specific technologies, arms and armaments, religion, cultures and social upheaval, Total War: ATTILA delivers an authentic experience of this ominous chapter of our history.
Outstanding visual fidelity
Improvements and optimisations to both campaign and battle visuals create a chilling vision of a looming apocalypse and the ruin of the civilized world. With breath-taking scale, atmosphere and improved graphical performance, witness the end of days and the rise of a legend.
Categories in common with Total War: ATTILA: Strategy
22. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance is a standalone expansion pack for Supreme Commander which includes a new campaign, a faction, 110 new units, new modes and multiplayer maps. It is an RTS game.
Two years pass after the Black Sun weapon was fired. The president of the United Earth Federation was murdered. The Seraphim occupy Earth. The old enemies unite to fight back the alien race.
The gameplay does not differ much from the original Supreme Commander. The main feature of the game is still the number of the vehicles featured. Players can fight on land, air, and water. The game also features various stationary buildings and experimental units that can withstand a massive amount of damage.
There are two types of resources in the game: Mass and Energy. Both of them are essential for the development of the player's army and economy. It does not matter how much materials you have for your future expansion. The speed you gather them at is what's important. One of the core mechanics of the game is the mining of Mass from the destroyed units and buildings while Energy can be obtained from trees and unfinished buildings.
Categories in common with Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance: Strategy
23. Guardians of Middle-earth
If DotA was set in John R. R. Tolkien's fantasy universe, it would have been Guardians of Middle-Earth. This multiplayer-oriented game unites players in teams of up to five to battle against each other on an arena, or to fight an AI-controlled team of the same size.
The game offers more than 30 playable characters, mostly from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, including Bilbo, Sauron, Legolas, Gandalf, and Gollum. Their design is based on Peter Jackson's movie series. There are also several characters that don't appear directly in movies or books, such as Arathorn, father of Aragorn. All characters are divided into "good" and "evil" factions to preserve a semblance of continuity behind the battles, so that Kili wouldn't have to fight Thorin, for example. Treacherous Saruman can join either side.
The goal of each team is to destroy the enemy base that is protected not only by the opposing players but also by defense towers. Gameplay in Guardians of Middle-Earth has a distinct "RTS" feel to it. Both teams’ bases regularly spawn “minions” who join players in the fight, making the game more about clashes of armies than duels between individual champions. The RPG element is minimal, and there are no in-game items or upgrades.
24. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok is back and no dinosaur is safe! When it was first released in 1997, Turok introduced gamers to a world teeming with cunning enemies, traps, puzzles and deadly weapons all within a vast 3D environment ready to explore. Now the classic game has been restored and enhanced with a new visual engine and exciting new features to sink your teeth into!
New features include:
- Support for high resolutions, and widescreen
- Improved gameplay and level design
- OpenGL for video backend to provide portability and support for vertical sync
- Dynamic lighting, bloom, FXAA, enhanced water effects, lights shafts and more
- Ability to freely rebind all keyboard, mouse, and gamepad inputs
- Steam Achievements
The Lost Land...
A world where time has no meaning - and evil knows no bounds. Torn from a world long gone, the time traveling warrior Turok has found himself thrust into a savage land torn by conflict. An evil overlord known as 'The Campaigner' seeks to shred the fabric of time and rule the universe using an ancient artifact known as 'The Chronoscepter'. The Chronoscepter was shattered thousands of years ago in an effort to keep it from falling into evil hands. The Campaigner has constructed a massive focusing array which he plans to use to magnify and pervert the power of the Chronoscepter in order to shatter the barriers between the ages and rule the universe. Turok has vowed to find the eight pieces of the Chronoscepter spread throughout the Lost Land and put an end to The Campaigner's evil plot...
To learn more you must enter the world of Turok
- Completely 3-D Virtual World
Run, jump, climb in any direction in a fully 3D world, with the ability to independently look and aim your weapons up, down, or sideways.
- Intelligent Enemies Programmed for Ferocity
Variable aggression profiles make each enemy behave uniquely.
- 14 Monstrous High-tech Weapons
From the Grenade Launcher, Plasma Pulse Rifle and Alien Weapon, to the Quad Rocket Launcher and, the mother of all guns, the Atomic Fusion Cannon!
- Advanced Interactive Backgrounds with Particle Technology
Cobwebs sway. Bubbles form rings on the water's surface. Bullets ricochet. Trees explode into flames and crash to the ground. Waterfalls boil with foam.
- Bionically Engineered Dinosaurs
Razor-toothed Raptors. Artillery-packing Triceratops. Alien Infantry and a Laser-Guided T-Rex. Following your every move with head-tracking technology.
25. Wargame: European Escalation
Wargame: European Escalation is a real-time strategy game developed by Eugen Systems.
The game takes place during the end of the Cold War and explores the face off of NATO and the countries of the Warsaw Pact. More than 300 units of eight countries are present in the game.
The singleplayer mode features four campaigns (One for the FRG and the U.S. and two for the USSR). Each campaign is a hypothetical war scenario between the NATO and Eastern forces in Central Europe.
There is no unit building present in the game. Every arriving reinforcement is paid for using deployment points, which are accumulated for control over key areas. Reinforcements are not unlimited, as the amount of purchasable units is limited. Units earn experience on the battlefield and if they survive until the end of the mission, they can be used on the next level of the campaign.
Units have a set of stats: experience, health, psyche, ammo count, and accuracy. The units psyche depends on the state of the battle with the enemy forces. If a unit suffers a panic attack, it's efficiency goes way down. Vehicles can be upgraded. Some of the units are only present in the game's multiplayer mode. Initially, the player has access to a little number of the game's units. New units are purchasable for the command stars that are awarded both in single and multiplayer modes. The players can get 840 stars overall.
Categories in common with Wargame: European Escalation: Strategy
26. Wargame: Red Dragon
Wargame: Red Dragon is the second part in Wargame series and a sequel to Wargame: AirLand Battle. Its campaigns are based on alternate history concepts.
The game is set in the Cold War era. Wargame: Red Dragon follows a series of fictional yet plausible conflicts between the various countries in the Asia-Pacific region. In the campaign mode, its timeline covers the 1970s, 1980s, and up until 1996. The player controls various factions, both from Eastern and Western bloc. The story campaign includes a civil war in Korea, a Chinese invasion of the Russian Far East, a conflict over British-occupied Hong Kong, a Kuril islands border conflict, and a Soviet invasion of Korea.
The player controls his or her units from a top-down view in the real time. At each level, the player and his or her opponent, whether AI or the other human player, start at the different sides of a map and fight to control it. Being a wargame by definition, Wargame: Red Dragon doesn't have much of economic element. The player deploys the already existing units rather than creates them. To receive reinforcements during the battle, the player has to capture and hold specific parts of the map that serve as deployment zones.
Besides the campaign mode, the game offers its players to choose from more than twenty nations, and additional nations are available through DLC. Wargame: Red Dragon also has a competitive multiplayer mode.
Categories in common with Wargame: Red Dragon: Strategy
27. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Eastern Europe, 2008. War has broken out on the borders of Russia and the fate of the world hangs in the balance. That's when the call goes out for the Ghostsan elite handful of specially trained Green Berets, armed with the latest technology and trained to use the deadliest weapons. Their mission: Spearhead the way for a NATO peacekeeping force, and keep the lid on the conflict before it mushrooms... literally.
All the realism, sweat, and fear from the Game of The Year: Award-winning tension and deadly realism on tomorrow's battlefields.
Multiplayer: Online or LAN multiplayer with up to 36 players.
Weapons: Standard and special-issue weapons like the M16A2, the M4 carbine, and the fearsome and deadly OICW.
Gameplay: The total combat experience that teaches a deadly, realistic lesson in how to fight on tomorrow's battlefields.
Includes: 23 single-player missions, 11 multiplayer maps, and six multiplayer modes.
28. Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
Behold disciples of Nod, for the end is soon upon us. Electronic Arts’ award-winning and best-selling Tiberium saga is coming to a powerful conclusion with Command & Conquer 4, which will introduce a multitude of innovations to the classic fast and fluid Command & Conquer gameplay, while retaining the core compulsions that fans have come to love over the series’ history.
It is the year 2062 and humanity is at the brink of extinction. Tiberium, the mysterious, alien crystalline structure that has infested Earth for decades and served as the primary reason for years of relentless conflict between the Global Defense Initiative (GDI) and the Brotherhood of Nod, is close to rendering the planet uninhabitable. Mankind is on the verge of extinction when Kane, Nod’s prophetic leader, emerges from seclusion to deliver GDI the message that he has developed a system that could control Tiberium and harness its power. But he cannot build this "Tiberium Control Network" without GDI’s cooperation. Thus, the two opposing factions – GDI and Nod – inevitably find themselves in desperation for the same cause: to stop Tiberium from extinguishing mankind.
After 15 years, the network is nearly complete, Tiberium is under strict control and our revitalized, newly terraformed planet is on the cusp of a new age of prosperity and progress. It is then that the world’s citizens begin to seriously ponder why Kane chose to help, and what will he want in return. These questions and more lead to the dramatic final act of the Tiberium saga.
With a multitude of innovative new features to the fast and fluid C&C gameplay, Command & Conquer 4 offers players an entirely new way to play C&C. An all-in-one mobile base, persistent player progression across all game modes that is constantly updated in a real-time online profile, a 3-class system for each of the two factions, co-operative play, and a 5v5 objective-based multiplayer mode that promotes teamwork and social interaction, make Command & Conquer 4 unlike any other C&C experience.
The Epic Conclusion of the Saga - Kane returns in the thrilling conclusion to one of gaming’s longest running storylines, told through gritty live-action cinematics. Choose to take on the campaign solo or team up with a friend and play cooperatively!
Choose Your Class - Choose from three unique classes from both GDI and Nod, each with its own specialized units and powers, for more strategic and combative options that match your play style of choice! Offense, Defense, or Support classes—which will you pick?
Always on the Move - For the first time ever in the C&C series: a massive, mobile, all-in-one base, The Crawler, lets you pack up and move your base with your army for a new layer of strategic depth. Build units as you move across the field, and deploy whenever and wherever you choose!
Persistent Player Progression - The more enemy units you destroy, the more experience points you earn to progress your player profile! Level up to unlock new units, powers, and upgrades to make your army more powerful!
Team Up and Take the Battle Online - Join your fellow commanders online and tackle your opponents in the biggest C&C multiplayer to date, featuring 5 vs 5 objective-based battles! Choose your favorite class and take online strategy action to the next level as you conquer objectives while pummeling your enemies. The all-new party system lets you move with your party of friends from one online battle to the next.
Online Disclaimer PERSISTENT INTERNET CONNECTION, EA ACCOUNT, REGISTRATION WITH ENCLOSED SERIAL CODE AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. SOFTWARE REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO ONE EA ACCOUNT PER SERIAL CODE AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER FOR AN EA ACCOUNT. EULA, EA ONLINE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND FEATURE UPDATES CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM. EA MAY PROVIDE CERTAIN INCREMENTAL CONTENT AND/OR UPDATES FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, IF AND WHEN AVAILABLE. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON WWW.EA.COM.
Categories in common with Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight: Strategy
29. Oil Rush
This game is a genre of naval strategy with elements of tower defense from the Russian studio Unigine Corp. The game uses the graphics engine Unigine, which is known by most gamers thanks to the benchmark Unigine Heaven. The game takes place in the post-apocalyptic world, in which the remaining factions battle for the remaining oil reserves. In the game, developers tried to abandon the micromanagement of all units, but it does not lose the depth of control, and the game is not that simple to master. In addition to managing units, the player will manage the settlements, controlling their economy and development.
The player follows the story of the protagonist Kevin, a technical worker who begins his journey from protecting the oil fields from The Raiders. The game boasts dynamic gameplay, massive battles, and beautiful graphics. 16 story missions are available for passage. Players can also play against each other on multiplayer maps, and there are a total of 15. There is also a cross-platform multiplayer.
30. Armored Warfare
In Armored Warfare, you become a mercenary commander expanding your private fleet of military vehicles, taking on deadly missions and dealing with opponents with a vast array of war machines at your disposal.
Play Armored Warfare for free now and charge into battle with 100+ vehicles spread over multiple classes! Raid over a dozen PvP maps for competitive play and take part in a wide range of cooperative missions, teaming up with your friends around the world. From scorching African deserts, through the mountains of China, to Russian tundra. Experience everything modern tank warfare has to offer!
Exclusively in Armored Warfare:
Global Operations - Feel the adrenaline rush as you participate in modern engagements in this revolutionary hybrid PvE/PvP mode. Capture special zones, order airstrikes, call in supplies, resist the enemy AI support, take cover, and, in the unlikely event of becoming overwhelmed, respawn during battle! All this and more on large scale maps littered with modern armored vehicles!
Cooperative PvE Missions - Team up with your friends or complete strangers seeking to rush into battle against overwhelming odds. Overcome a wide array of challenges in the form of superior enemy numbers, controlled by advanced AI! Opponents will become more menacing as you increase the difficulty level, but the improved rewards make the challenge worthwhile!
Roll up your sleeves and experience modern warfare hands-on – choose a modern military masterpiece with iconic names such as the Abrams, Armata, Centauro, Challenger, Leopard, and many more! Use cutting edge technology to slice enemies open and enjoy the exhilarating feeling of total battlefield control!
Master the steel monsters. Dominate battlefields. 21st century modern warfare is yours for the taking.
31. Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
From the bayonet to the artillery battery, from hand-to-hand combat to combat along the whole front - all this can be experienced in the game on the real events of the World War II. The Eastern Front is the site of the most brutal battles.
The circumstances of the battles and the characteristics of weapons are reproduced with great accuracy, including exact dates of battles and pictures of the terrain from cities to natural landscapes. Equally realistic are the characteristics of the flight of bullets and shells, fired from various weapons. The creators of the game paid attention to the authenticity of sounds, the game involved Authentic Immersive Sound FX and 3d Positional Sound System.
Weapons and more
At your disposal are infantry formations and tank divisions, many equipment and battalions of soldiers. In total, the game has sixteen completely reliable models of vehicles - their interior is also modeled. Thirty models of infantry weapons. You can fight by combining infantry and motorized weapons.
Modes and more
Modes of multiplayer and online-game allow simultaneous participation of more than fifty players. To coordinate activities in this mode, there is a technology called Voice Over IP.
Existing updates to the game include new types of weapons, equipment, new maps: Krivoi Rog, Smolensk Stalemate, Leningrad, Berezina, Black Day July.
Categories in common with Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45: Action
The all father has vanished, creating an opening in the pantheon. To fill the void, Demigods from across from the mortal world must wage war against one another in a bid to ascend to true godhood.
Set in a magical world where gods walk among mortals, Demigod blends action, strategy and role-playing elements into a thrilling new experience. Select the Demigod that will lead your minions into battle and unleash the dogs of war against your rivals. Your Demigod will do whatever it takes in order to ascend to true godhood.
Once in the Arena, each Demigod will be joined by support troops that fight to the death as you struggle to seize key control points and slowly turn the tide of war in your favor. And your Demigod will level up during the course of each battle, becoming even more powerful as you unlock new abilities and powers. It's a brutal conflict of Demigod versus Demigod, where the very ground beneath their feet will tremble and quake.
Demigod is a real-time, tactical strategy game that includes extensive role-playing elements. Choose from several Demigods, each poised for battle with their own unique capabilities and awe-inspiring powers. Vanquish other would-be gods as you gain levels, increase in power, unlock the power of mystic artifacts and slowly battle your way closer to joining the Pantheon.
Key features: Revolutionary strategy/action game that combines tactical prowess with role-playing depth.
- Your Demigod is the focus of your power in the arena. Each of the 8 included Demigods has unique powers and abilities.
- Like a role-playing game, players can purchase equipment for their Demigod, add new powers to their Demigod as it gains experience, acquire artifacts that remain persistent between games. Each Demigod plays differently enough that it provides a diverse gaming experience.
- Like a strategy game, players have strategic objectives in each arena that, when captured, provide resources that give access to better units and some Demigods have the ability to summon their own minions that they can individually control. There are gold mines that can be captured to give more resources, artifact shops that, if captured, make their resources available to your team.
- The on-line pantheon allows players to "skirmish" against other players of similar skill or take part in the on-line Pantheon tournament where players choose the path of light or darkness and earn favor points to help their faction win the tournament. Players can also play on the LAN or play custom games with friends on the Internet.
- Players earn favor points through victory with different awards given for different achievements during the game. These favor points can be used to purchase special items that exist from game to game.
- In each game, your Demigod will start at level 1. As you kill enemy grunts and Demigods and capture flags, you gain experience which will cause your Demigod to gain experience levels. When a new experience level is gained, the player can add new skills and abilities to their Demigod to make him or her more powerful.
- Demigod makes use of the same awesome technology as Supreme Commander. However, it has been greatly enhanced with Gas Powered Games' new "mesh" technology that allows the game to have incredible visuals even on older video cards. The arenas in Demigod are not your typical "maps". Instead, they have each been crafted as a full blown 3D model unto itself in which players battle on the surface of them.
[/list[b]Seize key, strategic positions on the map and turn the tide against your enemy. Push deep into their base and destroy them once and for all.
- Key resources in an arena are controlled by capturing the flag associated to that resource. When a player controls that resource, the entire team benefits. Controlling flags also generates war points which are added to your team's war score. When enough war points are collected, new upgrades in the team's Citadel become available for purchase.
33. Sid Meier's Railroads!
Sid Meier's Railroads! is an economic strategy developed by Firaxis and Sid Meier. Despite the creation of Railroad Tycoon by Meier, he was inspired by Miniatur Wunderland to reimagine his original creation.
Railroads! is a 3D economic real-time strategy. In contrast to Sid's previous games, the game field of Railroads! is a bit smaller which encourages more interactions between the players. The game has little space for creating flat and long parts of the roads, hence why hills, mountains, rivers, and straits are much more important.
The game focuses more on the economic aspect of railroad building. Players create and sustain a whole industry using the railroad system. The game features an auction system. From time to time, new technologies are up on the auction and the player who made the largest bid is granted exclusive rights on using this tech for ten years. After ten years pass, the technology is made available for every player. It is also possible to put one of the factories the player own up on the auction for sale.
The creation of railroads themselves is much easier and automated than in Railroad Tycoon. Railroad building can also be used to prevent your opponents from creating new useful paths.
The game features 15 historical scenarios where the players can act as several notorious railroad magnates of the past.
A multiplayer mode is also present in the game. Four players can play a game using LAN or Internet.
34. Tiny Troopers
Your troopers will face enemy infantry, snipers, technicals and even tanks. The casualty rate is going to be high but there’s an endless supply of fresh recruits to step up and fill the ranks. Those lucky troopers who survive from mission to mission will be promoted, and each new stripe they gain makes them tougher.
To increase your troopers’ chances of survival, use Command Points to give them better equipment, reinforce their team with a specialist like machine gunner, medic or delta force and call in support drops during missions. War might be hell but this is the funniest way to fight in one!Features
- The safe way to fight in a war: you won't end up in a body bag.
- Lead your troopers in 30 deadly missions with varied objectives.
- Face enemies from infantry to snipers and tanks.
- Reinforce your squad with specialists like machinegunner, medic and delta force.
- Keep your troopers alive: they get better after each new rank they gain.
35. Men of War: Assault Squad
Men of War: Assault Squad is a real-time strategy game developed by Digitalmindsoft. It is a stand-alone expansion pack to Men of War.
There is no fictional plot present in the game. Instead, the players take part in real battles of World War II.
The game features multiple singleplayer campaigns for the U.S. Army, Vermacht, Great Britain, the USSR, and Japan. Nonetheless, the game does not focus on these campaigns much, as they are only used to introduce the players to the core mechanics of the game before allowing them to compete in the game's multiplayer mode.
Each campaign consists of 5 missions, 3 of which focus on the assault on the positions of the enemy, with the next one revolving around holding your own ground and counter-attacking the enemy forces. In the last mission of any campaign, the players have to control a small squad that is sent out behind the enemy lines to sabotage the enemies' defense.
During the game, the players take control of specific combat squads and armor, that can be called in by using the reinforcement points. These points are awarded to the player upon capturing and holding the control points. The capture of new positions allows for purchasing new vehicles and troop upgrades. The main objective of any singleplayer mission is to capture all the points on the map.
Men of War: Assault Squad comes bundled with a map editor.
Categories in common with Men of War: Assault Squad: Strategy
36. SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny
In times of war and chaos you will assume the role of a young man, who is supposed to liberate the entire world of Eo from the new, nameless evil. Along with a group of diverse heroes and a dragon as trustful companions, you will fight to gain information about this mysterious new enemy and thereby discover your own true destiny.
With daring and courage you will be able to succeed in this brand new, epic, strategic RTS/PRG-Mix that combines the storylines of the previous Spellforce-games and continues further.Key Features
- Click'n'Fight and Quick-Action-Buttons: perfected control system for Instant-Actions, best overview, and strategic sophistication
- Domination: all new multiplayer mode; you have to keep control of strategic nodes, which are spread over the map, in order to obtain resources to further strengthen your armies
- Single-Player campaign ensuring a maximum of fun, riveting story progression and countless quests - all refined by the authentic and consistent world of Eo
- Choose your individual path among a plethora of different skills and magic abilites, offering numerous combinations of character development
- For the first time in the history of SpellForce, you can even ride on a dragon
- Completely new race with buildings, also playable in multiplayer
- Stand-Alone expansion: SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars & SpellForce 2 - Dragon Storm are not required to play the game
37. Dragon Nest Europe
Dive into blazingly fast combat action with visually stunning skills in a world caught in the wake of ancient dragons and waiting for the ancient Prophet to discover her powers. Immerse in an epic story with classic MMORPG and role-playing elements paired with a unique, console-like third-person perspective.
No monotone “click and wait” or “turn-based” combat! Experience blazingly fast console quality action and thrilling combos for intense, non-stop action in a magical world.
Class and Specialization System:
Nine main classes with their own unique fighting style. Develop your character by individually specializing in more and more detailed combat skill trees.
Intuitive and Engaging Game Play:
Clear goals paired with intuitive, convenient controls encouraging a wide range of players to become fully engaged in the action and dive into the game.
Player vs. Player (PvP):
A unique and balanced PvP system, harmonizing each challenger's gear with the enemy's one. Only the most skilled players will endure the fierce combats across many different modes and maps.
Dungeon-heavy Game Play:
Venture through dozens of dungeons and challenging Nests with hundreds of quests.
Play for free:
No payments necessary, Dragon Nest is completely free to play.
38. Battlestations: Midway
Battlestations: Midway is an immense action game that drops players into massive air, sea, and undersea battles from Pearl Harbor to Midway. Players command massive fleet attacks and take direct, real-time, control of every plane, battleship, and submarine in the battle.
Battlestations: Midway's blends intense 3rd-person action with epic, large-scale naval combat and brings to life the great Pacific battles of the World War II. From the chaos of Pearl Harbor, through the Philippines, Java and the Coral Sea all the way to the epic Battle of Midway.
Innovative gameplay lets players take direct control of over 60 different warships, planes and submarines from a 3rd-person perspective. Players can instantly switch to and control nearly every vehicle in the battle.
The game features 11 large-scale campaigns with 12 bonus challenge missions.FEATURES:
- Revolutionary gameplay: Experience epic WWII combat from multiple perspectives as you jump between dozens of units, playing as a pilot, a gunner, a submarine captain or even carrier fleet commander.
- Massive air, sea, and undersea battlefields: Every battle takes place simultaneously in the air, on and under the sea.
- Movement of your fleet and the individual efforts of any one vehicle is critical to success.
- Sixty warships: Features the Wildcat and Zero Fighter planes, the Dauntless Divebombers, the B17 and B24 bombers, the USS Lexington and USS Yorktown carriers, and Japan's infamous super battleship, The Yamato.
- Realism: Cutting-edge graphics bring the Pacific oceans and island chains alive with lush real-world environments, dynamic weather effects and incredibly detailed vehicles and weaponry.
Featuring 11 massive campaigns with 12 bonus challenge missions and an immersive storyline.
39. Earth 2160
After the destruction of the EARTH in 2150, the leaders of the Eurasian Dynasty escaped on board an evacuation fleet. Now they are fighting for the survival of the human species. Their base is one large building comprising of smaller variable parts. The Lunar Corporation is already on the Red Planet and has to fight to find a new base and home after the destruction of the Earth. LC buildings are built one on top of the other, similar to a skyscraper, but with one big difference - they have the ability to defy all the laws of gravity to move quickly to a new location.
The UCS (United Civilized States) machines evolved from the UCS battle machines. During the long flight to Mars, the computer decided to kill all human survivors and then initiated a plan to conquer the solar system with its own mechanical army. The Aliens - alien renegades were imprisoned a long ago, deep in the unknown history of Mars.
In 2160 the landing of the UCS ships awoke them from their long sleep...
- 4 playable parties with different basic technologies and abilities
- Each party consists of more than 13 basic buildings and more than 13 basic units
- 4 single player campaigns, each with 7 missions
- Skirmish mode with 10 maps
- 4 Multiplayer modes with 10 maps
- Realistic, formable and multi-textured terrain
- 12 virtual agents with special abilities
- Multiplayer matches for up to 8 players per match
- EarthC (programming language) SDK for Mod teams
- Rich musical score consists of 29 dynamically varyied tracks
- Includes Superstorm, Platinum and Titanium Map Pack
Categories in common with Earth 2160: Strategy
40. One Troll Army
Crush hundreds of minions as the powerful giant troll!
Tiny Goblins call on you to protect their fort, in exchange for armor, money and new moves to smash and loot minions!
Goblins build towers, barracks and catapults over each wave to help you fight back bigger minions and bosses!Play Against The Twitch Chat! Enable Twitch integration to allow your viewers to directly control units
- Fight as a boss troll with 12 upgradeable skills. Kick, Knock, Wheel, Quake, Taunt, Jump, Ram and Loot your way through the horde!
- Defeat various enemies: from small rats to huge ballista-wielding rhino and buffalo bosses. 21 types of enemies and 15 bosses.
- Manage the crowd of goblins. Make them builders, looters, miners, loggers and more to harvest resources, restore the fort, get the loot and build new structures.
- Manage the fort. Build and upgrade 7 buildings with 3 levels of upgrades from small huts to great castles.
- Build and upgrade defense towers. Each fort has 4 towers with 4 types of weapons (stone-thrower, archer, catapult, bomber). Also upgrade weapon types at the barracks.
- Hire and upgrade orc mercenaries for support- but don’t let them die on the battlefield!
- More than 50 goals and achievements.
Foxhole is a massively multiplayer game where you will work with hundreds of players to shape the outcome of a persistent online war. Players ARE the content in this sandbox war game. Every individual soldier is a player that contributes to the war effort through logistics, base building, reconnaissance, combat, and more.
Discuss on r/foxholegame or chat with the community on our discord server.
Player Directed Warfare - Every soldier is controlled by a player. Players ARE the content
- Sandbox warfare, where players determine the narrative of a long term war
- Players drive every element of war, from weapon manufacturing and base building to strategy and combat.
- Emergent strategies and tactics make every part the war feel unique
- Your presence stays active in the world even after you've gone offline
Persistent Living World - Join hundreds of players in a shared, war torn universe
- Conquer and relinquish territories in a back and forth, high stakes conflict.
- Execute long term strategies that take days of planning, changing the tide of the war with minimal casualties
- Join an alternate timeline universe where the great wars never ended and the world has been in conflict for over a hundred years.
- Play as a persistent character throughout the war, gaining notoriety and influence among your faction
Realistic Tactics & Combat - Tense and cerebral battles that keep you on the edge of your seat
- Capture and setup supply lines to keep your front line well equipped
- Ammunition, resources, and information are limited, requiring players to work together to survive
- Dynamic battle conditions: Use the time of day and terrain features to gain an advantage
- Top-down, tactical combat where skills and strategy matter more than stats or XP points
42. RIOT - Civil Unrest
As the world’s economical crisis deepens and inequality tears the very fabric of society the discontentment of the masses manifests itself in violent public disturbances and civil disorder.
RIOT – Civil Unrest is the highly anticipated real-time strategy game that places the player right in the heart of some of the world’s most fractious riots -Indignados (Spain), Arab Spring (Egypt), Keratea (Greece) and NoTAV (Italy). Already heavily backed on Steam Greenlight, RIOT – Civil Unrest is coming to Steam this summer.
RIOT – Civil Unrest’s creator, Leonard Menchiari, experienced rioting first-hand at the NoTAV protests in Italy. He created the game to tell the stories and express the feelings experienced during these clashes. What triggers the crowd to behave with such anger and aggression? Often outnumbered, what does a police officer feel like during the conflict? RIOT – Civil Unrest presents the player with the opportunity to experience both sides of the fight - a fight in which there really are no winners. Who is right and who is wrong? Experience RIOT – Civil Unrest and draw your own conclusions.
Play as the Police
- Employ numerous crowd-control tactics, both passive and aggressive.
- Command Assault, Tactical, Ballistic, Arrest and Plain Clothes squads.
- Call in police trucks, water cannon, snatch squads and others.
- Choose whether to use smoke grenades, rubber and plastic bullets, tasers or even live ammunition.
Play as the Rioters
- Instruct Leaders, Agitators, Rioters (armed and passive) and Journalists.
- Incite rage and cause the masses to act aggressively or try to calm the situation with tactical crowd reformation and retreats.
- Attack authority with Molotov cocktails, fireworks, paper-bombs, rocks, street furniture and the power of the media.
- Twenty levels split over four campaigns Keratea (Greece), NoTAV (Italy), Indignados (Spain) and Arab Spring (Egypt).
- See the story unfold from both sides - play all twenty levels as the Rioters or the Police.
- Single player mode - play against the computer AI.
- Skirmish mode - play against a friend on the same computer.
- Multiplayer mode: play against a friend online.
Create your own Riots with the level editor
- Alter the look of the confrontation by importing your own background graphics.
- Position elements, vehicles and obstacles where you want them.
- Set the time of day and the weather.
- Choose and position rioters and police starting points as well as their orders and level of aggression.
43. STAR WARS Battlefront (Classic, 2004)
LIVE THE BATTLES
STAR WARS™ Battlefront is an action/shooter game that gives fans and gamers the opportunity to re-live and participate in all of the classic Star Wars battles like never before. Players can select one of a number of different soldier types, jump into any vehicle, man any turret on the battlefront and conquer the galaxy planet-by-planet online with their friends or offline in a variety of single player modes. Single player modes include "Instant Action", "Galactic Conquest" and the story-based "Historical Campaigns" mode that lets gamers experience all of the epic Star Wars battles from Episodes I-VI, fighting from the perspective of each of the four factions within the game.
Fight as a soldier on the front lines where every weapon and vehicle you see is yours. Take the Empire head on or crush the Rebellion - by yourself or with an army behind you.
* Pick your side - Rebels, Imperials, clone troopers or battle droids.
* Choose your weapons wisely - each soldier has different weapons and capabilities.
* Battle on unique planets from the entire Star Wars saga.
* Pilot over 30 vehicles including AT-ATs, X-Wings and Snowspeeders.
* Fight up to 32 players in massive online battles!
Categories in common with STAR WARS Battlefront (Classic, 2004): Action
44. Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War
Gladius Prime was known to Imperial scholars as a planet of archeological interest. During its colonization ancient relics were found, revealing hints of a shrouded past. But it was more than relics. Something awakened, an unspeakable horror from an ancient past, and the citizens of Gladius found themselves trapped in a terrible war for survival.
Gladius Prime was once a planet of peace. Now there is only war.
Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planet’s resources.
In the first 4X turn-based strategy game set in Warhammer 40,000 you will lead one of four factions: Astra Militarum, Space Marines, Orks and Necrons, each with their own unique gameplay, technological tree, units and heroes.
Face a challenging AI or cooperate or compete with friends and strangers across the globe.
Play as one of four iconic Warhammer factions (Astra Militarum, Space Marines, Orks or Necrons), each with their own unique playstyle and technology tree. Explore a randomly generated world filled with special features and threatening wildlife that can crush your troop's morale. Secure control of powerful ancient artefacts to grant you an edge against rival factions.
Construct cities, buildings and fortifications to expand your empire and produce an army to vanquish your foes. Harvest resources and research new technologies to fuel and upgrade your machinery of war.
Progress through a different storyline with each faction as their destiny on Gladius Prime, a world tainted by the warp, unfolds. In the end, when all the dust has settled, only one faction can emerge victorious.
Command a wide array of devastating weaponry, issue city edicts and deploy tactical operations. Recruit hero units that possess distinct special abilities and can be equipped with items, ranging from advanced grenades to mighty relics of the past. As they become more and more powerful with each rank, they turn into true champions of your cause.
Categories in common with Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Strategy
45. Men of War: Red Tide
Men of War: Red Tide is a sequel to the critically acclaimed RTS Men of War. Red Tide introduces a new story driven campaign based on the writings of Soviet scribe Alexander Zorich, it also includes dozens of new or upgraded units and weapons.
Men of War: Red Tide is a stunning mixture of RTS and a third-person action that introduces a new fighting force known for its brutal efficiency during the height of World War II. Played out across more than 20 missions, Men of War: Red Tide allows to take command of the feared "Black Coats," the nickname given to Soviet Marines, an elite combat group specializing in engagements near the shoreline.
The player has direct control of new game units including the Black Coats, tanks, self-propelled guns, armored trains, landing craft, artillery and new enemy emplaced weapons to capture and use. New air support options include fighters, bombers, hydroplanes; cruisers, destroyers and gun boats which provide naval fire support.
Fighting during the Black Sea Campaigns of WWII, history buffs and WWII aficionados will recognize theaters of battle such as Odessa, Sevastopol, Theodosia, Eltingen, Nikolaev and Constanta.
- 23 missions - Soviet, German, Romanian and Italian forces
- Six intense historical battles and landing operations during 1941-1945
- Over 100 different military units: tanks, artillery, armored cars, planes (fighters, bombers, transporters), war ships and boats (cruisers, torpedo boats, gunboats)
Categories in common with Men of War: Red Tide: Strategy
46. King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame
Welcome to the lost age of chivalry, where magic and myth is alive, and you are destined to be one of the living legends: Arthur, the son of Uther Pendragon, the Once and Future King of the prophecies.
Fulfill your destiny and claim your rightful place on the throne of Britannia. Recruit fabled knights to your Round Table: send them to adventures or battles, let them gather knowledge and artifacts, see how they become the most powerful heroes of the realm. Build the majestic Camelot, but beware: there will be enemies, both mortal and otherworldly that will try to destroy you. Send your heroes and their followers to battle with legendary warriors and monsters and see how the folk of the faeries and the saints set against wizards and evil knights.
- Real-time fantasy battles: spectacular fight scenarios on grandiose battlefields, featuring thousands of soldiers and powerful heroes such as Sir Lancelot, Sir Galahad or Merlin. Battles rely on the strengths and weaknesses of the different arms with several tactical possibilities, the abilities of the units and the heroes, monsters and most of all, spells.
- Turn-based Campaign Map: Britannia is represented as a fully three dimensional topographic map where heroes move freely, conquer provinces or find adventures. In the turn-based campaign the changing seasons have effect on the gameplay and the graphics of the Campaign Map.
- Create your own legend! The saga of King Arthur is an epic tale about the conquest of Britannia through a story-based campaign. The Campaign is divided into chapters, like a chronicle, each with a unique tone and theme. The chapters all have objectives, long- and short-term goals that also fit together to draw a grandiose picture of an unfolding storyline. There are many possible events and outcomes that all influence the legend itself and determine the ending of the storyline.
- Morality Chart: Every decision in the game will influence the position of King Arthur on the Morality Chart. King Arthur might become a Christian ruler or the Follower of the Old Faith; a rightful or a ruthless monarch. These choices unlock special contents, allies, heroes, units and developments.
- RPG elements: Heroes lead the armies and learn skills, spells and abilities from an ability tree for experience points. Heroes can also use magic items or become liege lords, entrusted with the leadership of a province, which is the best way to have them indebted. Arranging their marriages with the nice damsels of Arthur’s court also raises their loyalty.
- Adventures: adventuring is the essence of King Arthur’s world. Quests pop up on the Campaign Map regularly. In technical terms it is a short story where the chosen knight has to make important decisions. Some adventures end in battles on special battlemaps.
47. The Pirate: Caribbean Hunt
Hail to the Captain!
Sail into the heart of the Caribbean in the Age of Piracy - the time of black flags and white skulls, blue waves and golden opportunities.
Hoist the Jolly Roger and grab the steering wheel to sail through battles and raids, ransoms and treasures, to become the Crimson King of the Antilles!
- 20 classes of ships
- unlimited fleet size
- multiple ships control during the fights
- ship to fort fights with heavy mortars
- 5 types of ammo - cannon balls, chain bals, grapeshots bombs, doubles
- special weapons: explosive barrels, burning oil, battering rams, pre-boarding attacks
- 30 ship upgrades
- character development, experience gaining and level ups
- 20 captain skills - unlocking new game features and possibilities
- realistic sailing model, distances and time passage
- hundreds of islands and dozens of ports
- day/night cycle
- building construction and upgrades
- multiple player held bases
- unlimited number of sea battles of few types (merchants, smugglers, convoys, militatry, treasure galeon, pirate fight, escort)
- story-driven campaign set in a living world full of people
- reputation in 5 nations
- compete with other players in multiplayer PvP and PvE modes
48. BrainBread 2
CyberCon, the notorious global corporation, aspired to deliver to the world something that would change the fate of humanity. What the world wasn't ready for however... Was CyberCon's true intentions. Their schemes had been controversial to most before, but their newest idea seemed almost too perfect.
A much sinister secret was about to be exposed. CyberCon's project involved the development of neuro-hub chips. They succeeded and became a phenomenon, later becoming a mandatory law to have them implanted at birth using state of the art surgery and cutting edge technology.
CyberCon were granted this permission from the government. The controversy was covered up and very little was known how it was done.
The technology was seen by many around the world as a major breakthrough that could cure blindness, deafness, disease, and a huge boost in performance for modern day life.
It was further aiding as a gateway to easier communication and enhanced capabilities. This was the next milestone in human history.
However, good things must always come to an end.
And CyberCon's true colors are yet to be revealed.Features
- 5 Unique gamemodes.
- Over 20 unique weapons, including akimbo weapons!
- Extreme amounts of gore & gibbing, this is your lovely grindhouse-gore movie!
- Over 100 unique skill combinations.
- A global profile system/leveling system.
- Play as a zombie, evolve as a zombie using your special zombie skill tree to your advantage!
- Modding friendly, customize your own soundsets for any of the npcs, make your own player survivor models, make custom maps, share your creations via Workshop!
- Character customization.
- No pay to win!
- Simple UI and HUD.
- AI Soldiers, Tanks and Bandits/Mercenaries.
- A powerful quest, objective & inventory system.
- Playable on PC, Mac OSX, and Linux with multiplayer cross-compatibility.
- Dedicated Server Support for PC and Linux.
Focuses on story based gameplay, progress by doing specific quests or side-quests to increase your chance of survival!
Focuses on small & simple objectives, this is a casual/chill gamemode based on the original BrainBread, if you want a pure BrainBread experience you can enable a server command to force it to vanilla BrainBread mode. In this mode you can also play as a zombie and as a human you can get infected. The zombie's objective is to prevent the humans from progressing, when you get a certain amount of kills you will be able to respawn as a human again, or if you die too many times. All of this can be regulated by the server owner.
This is a wave based gamemode, similar to 'Survival'. You have limited respawns and when you die you'll respawn after X amount of seconds. Everyone respawns at the same time, certain maps may allow certain amount of retries for a wave, if you fail too many times you have to do everything over again. This mode is very action-packed, you better be flexible.
A Humans VS Zombies gamemode, first team to reach the fraglimit wins! In this mode you respawn individually, however if everyone on your team is dead your team will be 'Exterminated', which means the round is over. The opposite team gains a certain amount of points by exterminating the other team, this is an effective way to gain points but it is hard to achieve if there's many players. In this mode you'll also trigger a team perk if your team gets a certain amount of kills, your team will be blessed with some helpful skill for a certain amount of seconds.
A PvP gamemode, solely for humans. Featuring classic old-school powerups, increased speed and flexibility! As well as an announcer which will try to salute you or make fun of you if you fail too much!
49. Greed: Black Border
Hack ‘n slash your way through this science-fiction-themed action/RPG.
In the futuristic universe of GREED, the discovery of new interstellar travel possibilities has led to a new age of colonialization. The five largest colonial powers are entangled in a full-scale war over a new element called Ikarium, the recently discovered rare source of nearly unlimited energy. As a former member of an elite military unit, you will fight a battle for your survival not knowing that your actions will lead the fate of all mankind into dramatic consequences…
- Three entirely different character classes to choose from
- A huge variety of different levels in three unique settings, each playable on 3 difficulties, inhabited by fierce and deadly creatures & screen-filling end bosses
- Upgradeable skills in three categories per character class – the simultaneous use of these categories causes thrilling skill combinations
- Upgradeable character attributes with direct game play effect
- Hundreds of items to collect that upgrade weapons and amour
- Online and local cooperative multiplayer mode for up to three players
Click here to download the Greed: Black Border Official Soundtrack for free! (97MB .rar)
50. Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare
Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare is a unique combination of tactical first-person shooter and strategy game, where the player assumes the role of a commander and raise money, build an army, engage the enemies in field combat, attack hostile territories and defend currently held ones and eventually dominate the world.
The gameplay operates on two levels: the overworld map and the first-person shooter portion. In the overworld, the player can visit locations, trade, upgrade equipment, attack enemy armies, lay siege to towns, accept missions, and more. In the FPS portion, the player enters the battlefield in the first-person view, fight as a foot soldier and issue orders to the army.
- FPS meets Strategy Game
- Free-Form Sandbox Game Experience
- Epic Large Scale Combat
- Commanding an army
- Realistic Combat Simulation