Trying to find games like Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP? Try these 100 great games that are similar to Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP that have been tried, tested and recommended.
The best games like Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP are:
- arrow_rightHalf-Life 2: Lost Coast
- arrow_rightTo the Moon
- arrow_rightRogue Legacy
- arrow_rightSteamWorld Dig
- arrow_rightThe Expendabros
100 Best Games Like Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (27)
- PlayStation 4 (34)
- iOS (24)
- Android (9)
- macOS (78)
- Linux (49)
- Nintendo Switch (27)
- Nintendo 3DS (2)
- Nintendo DS (3)
- Xbox 360 (12)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (17)
- PlayStation 2 (2)
- PlayStation (2)
- PS Vita (6)
- PSP (2)
- Wii U (5)
- Wii (4)
- GameCube (1)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- SNES (2)
- Classic Macintosh (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (3)
- Atari 2600 (1)
- Atari Flashback (1)
- Atari 8-bit (1)
- Genesis (2)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (2)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- Dreamcast (1)
- 3DO (2)
- Web (3)
INSIDE is a platform adventure game that transfers the atmosphere of a dystopic world. Players assume the role of a lonely boy, who walks through the monochromatic 2.5D environment and solves various puzzles. By the time main antagonists of the character pursue him throughout the whole world. The main storyline follows the unnamed boy through the in-game world locations including a forest, a farm, and a fictional laboratory, where experiments on bodies are held. The gameplay is divided into levels tied to each location. While completing them, the boy, controlled by players, has to swim, run, climb the obstacles and use his supernatural ability to control bodies with his special helmet. In the course of the travel, the protagonist also comes across a siren-like creature, who gives him gear for breathing underwater. The death occurs in several ways ranging from drowning to being shot with a tranquilizer dart. In addition to the basic ending, the storyline features an alternate one, which unlocks after collecting all the hidden glowing orbs.
Thief is a stealth-action game, the 4th installment in the Thief series and the first game since 2004 Thief: Deadly Shadows. The game was made as an attempt to reboot the franchise.
Just as previous entries, the game takes place in the dark fantasy world with notable steampunk and Victorian era influence. You play as Garrett, the master thief who awakens after one-year slumber caused by accident in one of his missions. He finds out that his hometown is plagued by a mysterious disease “The Gloom.”
The gameplay can be described as first-person stealth-action with the heavy emphasis on the variability of completing missions. Sneaking behind the enemies is usually a more effective way of performing tasks than openly fighting with them. Garrett possesses several different tools and weapons like lockpicks, prybar, etc. One of Garrett’s few weapons is bow which has 8 types of arrows and the full range of application from killing and poisoning enemies to putting out torches and distracting guards.
3. Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Essentially a tech demo, “Half-Life 2: Lost Coast” sole purpose was to show off the new high-dynamic-range-rendering of the Source engine, it was a welcome addition to the franchise. It’s a free addition to the game that can be downloaded through Steam by the owners of Half-Life 2. Gordon Freeman founds himself near a group of decaying piers, fully armed and ready to explore the monastery above him, fighting through the Combine forces.
High-dynamic-range-rendering introduced realistic lighting effects to the game, emulating even camera’s overexposure to the bright light, which was eventually moved to the main game. Lost Coast story is conveyed without cutscenes, every part of the level is tailored specifically to demonstrate the changes, made by developers. Even though it was originally created for the Half-Life 2, it was removed from the main game, alongside some minor story details. It’s not a full standalone game and wasn’t intended as one.
Categories in common with Half-Life 2: Lost Coast: Action
4. To the Moon
Eva Rosalyn and Neil Watts give people a chance to live their lives "one more time" - they are operators of the machine capable of penetrating into the human consciousness and rewriting memory, fulfilling unrealised dreams in minds.
However, they do this only for those who are close to death, because such manipulation irreversibly cripples the body.
Their dying client now is old Johnny. First, doctors learn from his memory his past to find out why before his death he wants to fulfil such a strange desire - to go to the Moon.
Then there is a strong story about meetings and partings, about promises and losses. It ends well, but only in the patient's memories.
The gameplay consists of the study of small locations, the solution of simple puzzles and long, saturated dialogues. All this becomes fascinating thanks to the elaborated plot.
Insurgency is a first-person shooter, which provides players with both PvP and co-op multiplayer experience. Unlike other shooters, Insurgency features a hardcore gameplay lacking the on-screen crosshair, health and armor indications, and mini-maps. For the more, each weapon instantly kills other players with one shot in the head and with the maximum of 4 shots in the body, which is quite realistic. As far as the action is set in the timeframes of the Iraq War, the two opposing sides are U.S. troops and Iraqi rebels. The gameplay is divided into 9 PvP modes (Push, Firefight, Skirmish, Ambush, Occupy, Infiltrate, Flashpoint, and Elimination) and 5 co-op modes (Checkpoint, Hunt, Survival, Outpost, and Conquer). PvP matches are held according to 9 various scenarios (depending on the chosen game mode) with the maximum of 32 player count (16 for both sides). To start a match, players have to select a character class and proper equipment. In the co-op game mode, players are offered to compete with AI during the completion of a specific game objective.
6. Rogue Legacy
The game begins in the castle, in which the heroes are "settled", there are also important things for the game, money and useful qualities. Much can be bought outside the castle.
You meet not only enemies but also other characters with whom interaction is possible. The smith can sell weapons and armour, and the gipsy can sell different magic things. A meeting with an architect can help with the exploration and reconstruction of the castle. The study of the castle promises useful finds. Among other spaces of the game are a forest, a dungeon and a tower.
At the disposal of the player, there is a book in which all the messages encountered during the game are collected. Messages inform us about what is there and what is happening.
The map is always generated anew and randomly, and the hero always dies at the end of the game, but all of his money is saved, and they can improve the character of the new game. The gameplay consists of searching and developing strengths and things, battling with opponents and finally - killing the main boss.
7. SteamWorld Dig
SteamWorld Dig is an independent platforming action game developed by Image & Form. It is the second installment in the series.
You play as a steam-powered robot named Rusty. He moves to a town of Tubleton after inheriting his uncle's mine. He starts to mine and explore the underground world unraveling the remains of human civilization on his way.
The main objective is to investigate the mines. At the beginning of the game the player is only equipped with a pickaxe, but more and more mining equipment is unlocked as the game progresses. The equipment is also upgradable as the game goes on. The mines are procedurally generated on every playthrough and useful items appear in different places. Collected ores and resources can be sold in a shop outside the mine. There are several underground worlds to explore which feature various enemies.
If the player gets lost in the mine they can either use the ladders that are sold in the store or use the self-destruct button. All collected loot is lost on death but can be picked up again.
8. The Expendabros
The Expendabros is a crossover game based on Broforce gameplay and featuring characters from The Expendables 3 movie. In the basis of both games lays the roast of the 90s movie cliches about unstoppable warriors, such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and the others. The Expendabros features parody characters from The Expendables 3, including Broney Ross, Bronnar Jensen, and the others.
The gameplay in The Expendabros provides a crazy mix of a platformer, a shooter and a quest with strong beat ‘em up elements. The action doesn’t stop as everything around you explodes, burns and crashes while you kill bad guys. Each of the seven playable characters has their unique weapons and special attacks.
The story itself consists of 10 missions with the goal to capture an arms dealer named Conrad Stonebanks. The game is set in Eastern Europe forests, so you're to fight among lumber mills and harsh landscapes.
9. Mother Russia Bleeds
Mother Russia Bleeds is an independent beat 'em up title developed by Le Cartel Studio.
The game is set in an alternate version of USSR in the eighties. The government cannot do anything with widespread crime, so it simply ignores that. Four street fighters from a gypsy community unwillingly become the test subjects for a new drug called Necro. After escaping from the laboratory, the main character returns back to their community only to find it in ruins and the whole population becoming drug addicts. The protagonist becomes eager to get revenge on those, who did that. Further into the game, the main character starts taking Necro themselves, which causes horrible hallucinations.
Mother Russia Bleeds is a beat 'em up game which is largely inspired by titles such as Streets of Rage and Double Dragon.
The players advance through a level, that is divided into multiple sections. In progress further, the players have to kill every enemy they encounter in a section. At the end of each level, a boss fight is held.
Apart from hand-to-hand combat, the players can use the world's items, such as pipes, knives, bottles, and pistols. One of the defining features of the game is the health regeneration system, as the players can pump Necro out of their enemies corpses and eject them to themselves. A choice is given - regenerate health or become a berserk that has much more strength and speed.
The game can either be completed solo or in a four-player co-op.
10. Gauntlet Slayer Edition
Gauntlet is a top-down hack-and-slash game a part of the long-running Gauntlet series.
Like the original 1985 arcade game, in Gauntlet player takes a role of one of four characters and fights their way through several dungeons. The game revolves around slaying hordes of enemies, killing bosses, acquiring points and unlocking new abilities. There are four players to choose from Barbarian, Valkyrie, Elf, and Wizard. Each of them has the unique set of weapons and abilities. The Barbarian is the strongest melee fighter in the game; Valkyrie has a shield and spear that allow her to pierce enemies from a distance, Elf can shoot arrows and throw bomb and Wizard can combine three elements to create different spells.
The game heavily relies on multiplayer. Up to four players can play cooperatively. Playing with other people requires coordination since some of the players’ abilities can hurt other players. Besides, all the loot and extra items in dungeons, such as food that recovers the characters’ HP, accrue to the first player that collects it.
The game was initially released only for PC. In 2015, it received an updated PlayStation 4 port with Slayer Edition subtitle. The update brought a new “Endless” game mode, new weapons and abilities, and some gameplay tweaks such as increased difficulty and replacement of the in-game shop with loadout system. The PC version also received the update.
11. Among the Sleep
Among the Sleep is a first person horror adventure, in which you play a two year old child. After waking up in the middle of the night to mysterious sounds, you start exploring the dark looking for comfort.
The game explores horror through atmosphere and exploration, not with scores and combat systems. In Among the Sleep you’re vulnerable, scared, and trying to make sense of the world.
Controller support: Works 100% with Xbox 360 controllers, might have some issues with Xbox One controllers. We are sorry about the inconvience.
The game will not get VR support.What people are saying
"[...] it more than succeeds in creating a wonderfully eerie atmosphere full of childlike anxiety, and along the way tackles a serious subject in a darkly poignant manner."
"Its depiction of a first-person horror told through the eyes and stumbling little legs of a two-year old is as intriguing as anything I've seen all year, and reminiscent of a time when games actively sought out new ways to play and new stories to tell."
Blasphemous is an action-platformer that combines the fast-paced, skilled combat of a hack-n-slash game with a deep and evocative narrative core, delivered through exploration of a huge universe comprised of non-linear levels.
Immerse yourself in a dark fantasy nightmare that has been constructed PIXEL BY PIXEL by our committed artists.
- Explore a huge land, a universe that feels as open as it is oppressive, delivered through a non-sequential level design that puts you in control of where to go next.
- We are putting great focus on achieving a very satisfying combat mechanics with very responsive control, smooth animations and lots of blood and gore.
- Handmade pixel art, with large sprites and super smooth animations, created pixel by pixel, frame by frame.
- Evocative narrative: Blasphemous’ levels are not just platforms; they tell a story to those who are interested, but don't get in the way if you just want the action.
- Find your personal combat style by equipping rosary beads, or carrying around relics that boost your abilities.
Set in the savage land of Orthodoxia, a place where religion is of the utmost importance in the eyes of the populace, superstition runs amok, and churches outnumber people two to one. You will find yourself in this hellish territory in the wake of the Age of Corruption.
13. Squishy the Suicidal Pig
The game is a puzzle platformer. Piglet Squishy in a complicated way goes to the Devil himself - Squishy hopes that as a result he will be able to get into the paradise for animals and reunite with his dead parents.
In the game, you can go through the campaigns (story mode), you can improve yourself, passing the game at speed (speedrun mode) and, finally, the game has a number of additional modes.
The game requires a variety of activities - collecting apples, blasting TNT boxes, searching for secret artifacts, solving puzzles, fighting with bosses. There are levels where it is required to solve tasks so unobvious that it seems that the game can not be passed.
Locations are four, and in each location there are ten levels. More precisely, eleven - after the tenth location of each level you will meet with the boss.
Bull. In addition to the Bull, boxes with explosives are still falling here. On the other hand, the boxes fall on the Bull too, which can be the key to victory.
Coyote. Coyote - not the only trouble at its level. Exploding boxes are present here, but in the company of traps and other troubles. The strategy here is about the same - apply all these troubles against the boss.
Snowman. It acts on the player by the wind and snowballs. A player can throw fireballs at Snowman.
Devil. The devil is not easy to win. The battle stretches for five episodes. First you need to catch the Devil, dodging meteorite rain - it happens in space. Then we fight with him. In the third, fourth and fifth episodes we fight the Devil in his house - in hell.
14. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III
In Van Helsing III, the civil war is over in Borgovia, but the future looks grim. The city of weird science is in ruins, squabbling factions and criminals fight for power and a strange cult prophesizes the coming of “The end of times.” And they might be just right: A wave of uncanny events shakes the land, and it’s all connected to a mysterious creature, a former ally turned into a fearful arch-villain. Which means that Van Helsing will do what he does best: He wields weapons, prepares his deadly tricks, and hunts down the most dangerous monster who has ever lived… and this time it’s personal. He’s prepared to do anything to achieve his goal, even to face the darkest secret about the birth of the modern Borgovia.
- Story - Prepare to meet your darkest fears in the conclusion of this gothic-noir adventure trilogy. This is the finale, the darkest chapter of the adventures of Van Helsing.
- Classes - Choose from six playable classes: defeat your foes as the melee-specialist Protector, be the most accurate shooter as the Bounty Hunter, master the weird science as the Phlogistoneer, engineer your tactics as the Constructor, control the magical forces as the Elementalist or become a dark, stealthy killer as the Umbralist.
- Leveling - Become more powerful as you advance through the game: the level-up customization is more detailed and diverse than ever.
- Exploration - Explore new areas in this war-torn land of darkness - both in the physical world and the Ink.
- Camaraderie - Engage in witty banter with your loyal follower, Katarina - and finally, find out her secrets: the story of her past.
- Combat - Fight hordes of bloodthirsty enemies, now more feral and terrifying than ever. Take all the weapons and tools you need: choose from plenty of new powerful items for this adventure.
- Multiplayer – You and your friends can test your skills against each other via the PVP mode (8 players) or join forces and complete the story in the co-operative campaign (4 players).
15. The Hat Man: Shadow Ward
The Hat Man: Shadow Ward is an indie horror game by Game Mechanics. The developers state that the game is based on the true story.
Your daughter is diagnosed with dementia and is put in the Canton State Insane Asylum. Sometime later, you receive a letter from the asylum staff that she has gone missing from the Asylum. You set out to find her. Upon the protagonist's arrival, everything goes to hell. Electricity and communication with the outside world get cut off, and supernatural events occur. You have to get out of there.
The game's controls are usual for the first-person experience. WASD is used for moving, Q and E for leaning, with spacebar to jump and I bound for your inventory. There are no usable weapons present in the game. The only things the players often use are a flashlight, medkits, and some matches. One time in the game the players can use a fire ax to break a door, yet this event is completely scripted.
The premise of the gameplay is simple: avoid the mysterious Hat Man and the Shadow People that are encountered on your way out of the asylum. The game puts a heavy emphasis on using light sources to see your enemies. It is impossible to attack the enemies, as the players don't have any weapons at their disposal, so the only thing the players can do is to run away from the creepy creatures.
Dwarfs!? is a two-dimensional RTS developed by Power Of Two.
The players control a mining colony of dwarves, who dig for treasures. The players have to mine the resources and to protect the colony from environmental hazards, such as water and lava and different enemies.
The main objective of the game is to mine resources and find special caves. All of this earns the players gold, which can be spent for spawning new dwarves, upgrading the existing ones or build the town up.
At the beginning of the game, the players choose which difficulty setting to play on and set a time limit. The game ends if the time limit expires or the town gets destroyed.
The game features two kinds of dwarves: warriors, and diggers.
Warriors participate in combat, and their numbers are limited. It is possible to spawn more warriors by upgrading a Town Hall or an Outpost. The warriors can also be trained on the Outpost. While not in combat, they will roam around your town and patrol it.
Diggers, on the other hand, spawn automatically at Town Halls and Outposts. While walking back and forth in the town, they generate resources. If a digger gets scared by a nearby combat situation, they can dig themselves. Sometimes this works against the diggers as they dig into the support walls the hold the water off.
17. Regions Of Ruin
Ever wonder what would happen if Kingdom met a broad, skill based open world RPG? Welcom to Regions of Ruin.
Regions of Ruin is a 2D side-scrolling RPG with town-building where you are introduced to an open world that progressively challenges your hero and settlement the further you delve into the vast continent.
You will discover a foreboding land ravaged by hundreds of years of hardship. Where, kingdoms have risen and fallen, settlements have been laid to waste and overrun by warring groups, and great mysteries lay hidden and waiting to be unearthed - assuming you can defeat their jealous guardians.
Main Features include:
• Styled combat system with stats and levelling
• Skill tree to focus your fighting style
• Extensive loot and rare items to discover
• Forge your own equipment or smelt it for resources
• Open world exploration with a hand crafted environment, no randomized maps or levels, everything you see has been made with care
• Customised town building and expansion
• Rescue and recruit dwarves for your township (save them from extinction!)
• Send workers to harvest resources from explored regions
• Hire Mercenaries to help in battle
• Multitude of Quests and a main storyline
You may end up being your own worst enemy if you’re careless!
Every decision you make is critical as the world does not wait for you.
- Struggle against your own bodily urges, such as thirst, hunger, exhaustion, and more!
- Beware of injuries, including bone fractures and blood loss!
- Scavenge or perform research to obtain medical supplies!
- Manage your oxygen and thermal levels while exploring!
- Fight the horrors of Mars with melee and ranged weapons!
- Customize your ranged weapons using modular parts!
- Struggle against the persistence of time! Race against the spread of the infection!
- Enemies will evolve over time from cocoons to monstrosities!
- Defend your generator against invasions!
- Collect and scavenge junk and creature parts to break down into components!
- Produce armor, guns, grenades and upgrades using 3D printers!
- Craft performance enhancers, survival gear, and more with the Bio Combiner!
- Harvest plants and ores using the biosphere and mine. Refine them to create materials!
- Research items to create more powerful versions! Create your own lightsaber or power armor!
- Explore randomly generated sub-levels and hand-crafted locations!
- Experience non-linear storytelling through logs and story sequences!
- Wander freely through Mars colony! Explore districts as you wish!
- Restore the colony’s habitat by repairing temperature and oxygen generators!
- Find clues to the infection! Escape the nightmare!
There is free demo version of Subterrain! If you would like to see how the game plays, please try it!
By 2050, humanity has finally colonized Mars thanks to the efforts of one man, Jeff Murray. To avoid Mars’ high radiation levels and inhospitable temperature changes, he built a city underground. This city was named Mars MPO. Free of the constraints that often plagued businesses and researchers on Earth, scientists and entrepreneurs flocked to MPO.
Recently, Dr. Albert West has migrated to MPO at the personal invitation of Mr. Murray. West has been working on a cure for Alzheimer's disease in a race to save his wife, Jennifer, from dementia. His efforts are cut short; a lab accident leads to an accusation of murder and a prompt prison sentence.
We join Dr. West a little over a year into his prison sentence. It’s been a week since the guards mysteriously vanished. Dr. West is about to find out why.
19. Half-Life: A Place in the West
What is A Place in the West?Half-Life: A Place in the West is a fan-made comic book set within Valve's acclaimed Half-Life universe, in which Earth has fallen under the grip of the totalitarian Combine empire following a scientific experiment gone very wrong.
As a group of military commandos sweep across the American wasteland kidnapping children, a troubled father, an intrepid young scientist, and an ancient alien warrior are drawn to the strange city from which the attackers sprung: New Franklin. Once inside, they discover a powerful secret, but the city holds many dangers, and deceptive temptations. Faced with warring clans, diabolical experiments, a treacherous conspiracy, and the growing shadow of the Combine, they must unlock New Franklin’s mysteries before it’s too late - and the lives of everyone in the city hang in the balance.
A Place in the West delivers a compelling story, and a complex and intriguing cast of all-new characters, drawing on the rich mythology of the Half-Life universe in an entirely new medium for the series.
The comic will run for a total of thirteen chapters, the first of which, Following Portents, is available for free to download and comes to a total of 38 pages. The remaining chapters will be released sequentially as paid-DLC, and will vary between 25-30 pages in length.
Do I need to be Familiar with Half-Life?Nope! The first chapter features a three-page prologue designed to bring new readers up to speed with the world of Half-Life. A Place in the West is also set in the interim between Half-Life and Half-Life 2, which means that you needn't be familiar with Valve's later games anyway. That isn't to say, however, that you won't find exciting things to enjoy if you are familiar with the series.
What Other Features Are There?The comic is displayed and presented in an app designed by ourselves for the best possible reading experience. Through a fully-animated menu screen, derived in style from the menus of Half-Life 2, you can quickly and easily navigate between the comic pages and chapters, adjusting zoom & language options, the credits, and the extras section. The extras section will be continuously updated over the course of the comic's production, and will include a series of three-to-five-page comic 'shorts' that further develop the world of New Franklin and its occupants, as well as "Behind the Scenes" commentary videos for each central chapter!
Categories in common with Half-Life: A Place in the West: Indie
20. Edge of Space
Along the way you’ll gather resources to craft armor, weapons, facilities, and vehicles to help you explore the world and conquer its aggressive inhabitants. Your base of operations will evolve from a few basic facilities exposed to the elements into a hardened fortress full of advanced technologies that let you accomplish amazing improvements to your equipment and alter the environment itself.
Be careful, though; almost everything down there wants to kill you, including fierce laser space sharks, artillery-toting polar bears, wickedly quick jetpack penguins, and even crazier horrors. Out on the Edge of Space, you must adapt or you die. Good luck, ArkCo Operative!
- Open World Exploration– Dynamically-generated 2D sandbox set in the deepest recesses of space, explore randomly generated caverns, wormhole anomalies and dive deeper into the planet to discover valuable resources and other rare phenomenon.
- Crazy Creatures – Hordes of enemies and epic bosses ranging from Artillabears, squid pandas, jetpack space penguins, and laser space sharks; not to mention epic bosses like DJ Penguin and Omegatron
- Cooperative Exploration – Engrossing gameplay, built from the ground up, to support multiplayer focusing on cooperative exploration and combat with team-based tactics.
- Advanced Crafting System - Using the power of science, craft advanced technology for weapons, gear and base constructions from basic resources
- Loads of Armor – Ranging from stat boosting battle armor to quirky vanity costumes, craft armor to survive the changing environmental conditions and specialize in different aspects of mining, exploration, and combat.
- Weapons – Create a wide-variety of dynamically generated weapons ranging from guided rocket launchers to Experimental Gauss Rifles and discover new advanced weaponry to expand your arsenal.
- Research System – A new research system allows players more freedom to discover new areas of technology in exploration, combat, base building, and much more.
- Command Center Management – Establish your central base of operation by creating the ultimate Command Center customized with defensive turrets, hangers and repair drones. Make improvements to protect yourself from the constant environmental changes like radiation storms and other anomalies.
- PIOS (Power Input Output Systems) – A simple drag and drop tool, letting you design electrical systems as basic as powering a light or as complex as creating your own logic gates.
- Pets – Create and collect pets that assist you on your epic exploration of space by granting defensive, offensive, or exploration perks.
- Anomalies - Random world events both dangerous and helpful
- Vehicles - Craft items from hover boards to massive mechs to safely explore the dangerous world
- Terraforming - Conquer space by turning the land into a livable habitat
- Continual Support – Regular post-launch updates will bring fresh new content
21. The Dweller
"The Dweller" is a puzzle game where YOU ARE THE MONSTER.
A team of archaeologists are exploring an ancient underground city. Unfortunately for them, they've awoken a monster... You play as that monster. It's your goal to get rid of all those pesky intruders invading the ruins that you call your home.
You are an ancient and powerful entity, however, your movement is restricted to the cave rock, so use your wits and the various boulders in the caverns to navigate the ruins, and reach and eliminate everyone in each level. Discover new mechanics as you play through the game, such as teleportation.
As you beat levels, you unlock notes that reveal the story of the game. Discover the fate of the archaeologists, learn of a mysterious clandestine organization, and maybe even find out your origins.
-Scare, Crush, and Devour the archaeologists!
-Non-linear level map
-Deviously difficult puzzles
-Over 50 levels
-More than 25 story notes.
22. The Mummy Demastered
A powerful ancient evil has arisen, and the war to save humanity has begun! The Mummy Demastered throws you into a 16-bit-inspired battle against the undead in a 2D, nonlinear, action-packed adventure. As an elite agent in the monster-hunting Prodigium organization, you must use a variety of weapons, upgrades, and mysterious artifacts to defend mankind against the supernatural hordes of Princess Ahmanet. Your Prodigium unit is already on the scene, but HQ lost contact with them hours ago. Only by exploring tombs, forests, abandoned tunnels, and the cursed streets of London will you discover the fate of your allies. But beware - Ahmanet commands legions of undead, insects, plague-ridden vermin, and worse! If you're not careful, you'll be the next soul in her army.
- Stunning retro-inspired graphics and atmospheric chiptune soundtrack
- Shoot-'em-up action meets exploration-based adventuring
- Fight for survival against swams of horrifying enemies and bosses
- Obliterate monsters with an arsenal of weapons including grenades, a flamethrower and more
- Uncover and collect 50 hidden relics
23. Life Goes On: Done to Death
Life Goes On: Done to Death is a comically-morbid platformer where you guide heroic knights to their demise and use the dead bodies to solve puzzles. Wanting to live forever, a mighty king sends his army of knights to find the Cup of Life. On this quest, you will summon knight after knight to be brutally sacrificed. Impale knights on spikes to create a safe path. Catch a knight on a sawblade to land the body on a button. Freeze knights into blocks of ice to reach higher ground.
You’ll also electrocute knights to open doors, blast knights out of cannons, and even zombify a knight to be your violent, dim-witted friend. As you journey through treacherous and trap-ridden worlds, you’ll show no mercy to solve each challenging puzzle.
In this game, death is not a setback. It is your only means to progress.Key Features
You must die to solve puzzles.
We hope you’re okay with killing knights, since this is a pretty twisted way to solve puzzles! Dying is your only way to progress. As you sacrifice knights, you'll figure out how to use the dead bodies with the mechanisms in the game to solve each challenging puzzle.
Morbid, yet comical gameplay.
You’ll kill so many knights, you might even feel remorse! But flinging a bumbling knight into a saw blade or turning one into your violent, puzzle-solving friend is comical. Trust us.
Vibrant, trap-ridden worlds.
Journey through 65+ levels within four vibrant, colourful worlds full of lava, ice, spike pits, portals, zombies, cannons, and much more. And there are extra-difficult challenge levels for hardcore puzzle-addicts.
Unlockable hats and weapons. (Silly ones, of course!)
Can you find the Cup of Life wearing a horse head? On top of solving puzzles, you'll be able to unlock amusing hats and weapons. Your knights will spawn wearing silly hats, like beanies and berets, and wielding even sillier weapons, like dead fish and spatulas.
Who is Jeff? Well, he's furry, cute, and lurking in every level. Will you be his friend?
There are awards for solving levels with the least number of knights and completing them in record time!
Life Goes On: Done to Death also includes a kick-ass boss fight, a map-integrated storyline, an armoury to check out all your hat and weapons, and other features that will make you laugh at death.
Zenge is relaxing a puzzle game. The main character, Eon, finds himself between the worlds and time.
You'll experience an immersive journey told through beautiful art, intriguing puzzles and original soundtrack. This game is absolutely distraction free. Don't expect to see here any tutorials, level up's, point to score or gems to collect.
Get in the mood, find some free time and embrace yourself in this unique puzzle experience.
Game music is available on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hamster-on-coke/sets/zenge-soundtrack
25. Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones
In Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones, the player journeys from a doomed Arkham into the depths of the Abyss. Create your own character based on 1920's archetypes and carve a path through a broken and mysterious world.
Your desperate battle against forces beyond comprehension will haunt you until the end. Physical combat will be challenging, spellcasting will have dire consequences, and your sanity will be strained to the breaking point by unknown abominations. Sometimes the best solution will be to flee what lurks beyond the threshold.
A hand drawn 2D world reflecting Lovecraft's themes of cosmic horror and dread.
Enemies, environments and storylines inspired by Lovecraft’s iconic original works. Take part in quests inspired by your favorite stories and see them play out according to your own decisions and role-playing style.
Choose from 8 main character Archetypes, each with its own origin backstory and specialties.
A host of weird companions will accompany you on your ill-starred journey: the lonely, antediluvian 'Outsider', a fallen soldier of the Great War reanimated by Herbert West, a psychic (and narcissistic) cat from Ulthar. Recruit these and other outlandish beings to your crew.
Your character's Sanity and mental state will influence dialogue options. Mental illness comes with advantages as well as hindrances. Sometimes it pays to be mad in a world gone mad!
Stygian's Belief System determines how your characters cope with the warped reality of the new Arkham, as well as the rate at which they regenerate lost Sanity. Belief Systems also offer unique dialogue options, expanding the breadth of role-playing possibilities.
A new kind of spell system which sometimes takes more than it gives. Being a master of the occult is not as simple as flinging colored missiles from your fingertips. The black magic of Stygian is potent but may cost you your mind, your health, and possibly even much more.
Strategic, turn-based combat from a 2D perspective, similar to the classic Heroes of Might and Magic games.
The struggle in Stygian is not to save the world, for that battle is lost already. Pursue your own goals in these end times: salvation, vendetta, or perhaps something darker.
26. Heroes of Hammerwatch
Heroes of Hammerwatch is a rogue-lite action-adventure game set in the same universe as Hammerwatch. Encounter endless hordes of enemies, traps, puzzles, secrets and lots of loot, as you battle your way through procedurally generated levels to reach the top of the Forsaken Spire.
A rogue-lite with a lot of persistent progression. You will start each run in Outlook, a town which you can upgrade to grant your heroes with various enhancements that will further help you in your quest. The heroes themselves will also remain persistent, you can even bring your own heroes to your friends game!Features:
- Procedurally generated content: Random generated levels offers a high replay value and will bring you a new challenge with each run.
- Persistant progression: Your heroes will retain the experience gained from a run, and will become more powerful as they level up.
- Town upgrades: Construct/Upgrade 10 different buildings that will help your heroes in various ways.
- Classes: Choose from 7 different classes, all with unique stats, abilities and playstyles.
- Items: Find or buy over 100 unique items of various rarity.
- Co-op: Play with up to 3 friends in co-op.
- New Game+: Heroes of Hammerwatch will be a real challenge, and even if you beat it, the challenge never ends!
27. The Last Door: Season 2 - Collector's Edition
In Season 2 of the award-winning hit The Last Door, delve further into the madness of the Veil as Dr. John Wakefield, psychiatrist to Season 1’s protagonist Jeremiah Devitt. Setting out in search of his client who has mysteriously vanished, Wakefield is soon drawn into the haunting web of forbidden knowledge, madness, and a much deeper conspiracy hiding it all than he ever could have imagined. As his search takes him beyond England, will he find his missing client? Or will he merely find that he, too, is about to become lost in the search for the Last Door?
The Last Door Season 2: Collector’s Edition brings four new episodes and exclusive extras with more mysteries, more locations, more characters and more chilling otherworldly horrors than the first Season. Journey back to Victorian England, through mental asylums, abandoned manors, opium dens and beyond in this fascinating conclusion!
- Sequel to the award-winning point-and-click Victorian era horror adventure, The Last Door
- Search for and uncover forbidden knowledge that may be driving you mad
- Guide Dr. Wakefield through new locations, characters, scenes, and puzzles in a new compelling mystery
- Four episodes and exclusive extras and bonus content in one limited-edition set
- A brand new haunting, original musical score by Carlos Viola
- Inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft and Edgar Allan Poe
- Available now on Steam Early Access at a discounted price
28. RAID: World War II
The RAID: World War II Closed BETA is happening right now! Pre-order the RAID: World War II Special Edition to unlock.
Please note: Closed BETA is unavailable in Germany due to censorship laws.
RAID: World War II is an action-packed four player cooperative shooter set in Europe during World War II, where you and your friends aims to thwart the Nazi onslaught. Four prisoners of war – Sterling, Rivet, Kurgan and Wolfgang have been freed by “Mrs. White,” a secret British Intelligence Operative, who needs someone to take down Hitler and his Third Reich once and for all. Their objective is to fight the war - without rules or mercy. Their reward is all the Nazi gold they can carry.
JOHN CLEESE - Comedy legend John Cleese plays Control - a British Intelligence Agent working for Mrs. White. His job is to make sure that you have plenty of Nazis to fight and lots of gold to steal.
RAID: World War II is all about teamwork and strategy during intense firefights filled with adrenaline. In RAID: World War II, you are fighting the enemy from within. You are up against tough odds, but with enough fire power, determination and recklessness anything is possible. Fight the good fight, but fight dirty.Key Features
- CLASSES - Players can choose from four different classes: Recon, Assault, Insurgent, or Demolitions. Each class has their own highly developed Skill Tree, allowing for various play styles.
- WAR CRIES - Each class has its own War Cry - a powerful ability that can be unleashed to buff yourself or the entire team. For example, if a player activates the War Cry BERSERK, players won’t consume ammo for a limited time - so they’re free to blast away.
- CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION - Our four heroes are drawn from the main combatants in the European theatre of World War II - Great Britain, USA, Germany and the Soviet Union. Each character has their own look with fully customizable uniforms making you stand out on the battlefield.
- WEAPON MODIFICATIONS - World War II saw the dawn of a whole lot of new weapons. RAID: World War II allows players to play around with these weapons, upgrade and customize their look and feel with authentic weapon modifications. Players can choose between barrels, stocks, fore grips, optic sights and much more allowing for a vast range of different play styles.
- OPERATIONS - RAID: World War II offers players the chance to play through extended adventures by undertaking special missions called Operations. Operations is a chained series of highly-modified Raids, featuring new storylines, including content and challenging objectives. The risks are greater, but so are the rewards!
- CHALLENGE CARDS - RAID: World War II introducers a new feature where players can earn and spend special Challenge Cards. These let players customize the “rules” of a Raid in a buff-debuff way. For example, a Challenge Card might make it so that enemy ammo drops will increase, but at the expense of enemies doing greater damage. Every Challenge Card is different and it’s up to you to find your favorite.
- LOCATIONS - RAID: World War II takes place in historic locations across war-torn Europe. From the mighty Flakturm dominating the heart of Berlin, to the idyllic Bridge over the river Elbe, players will be bringing destruction to Nazis in every corner of Hitler’s Reich.
- A special version of the in-game car Apple Red Kübelwagen.
- RAID: World War II Base game.
- A RAID: World War II comic book available in-game and as a PDF.
- A decorative bomb for the camp.
- Original soundtrack and the melee weapon “marching mace”.
- A special melee weapon “The Admiral’s Dagger”.
- Four exclusive special edition jackets.
- RAID: World War II Digital Art Book.
- Four exclusive RAID: World War II wallpapers.
- PAYDAY 2: Ultimate Edition. (if you have PAYDAY 2, it will be updated to PAYDAY 2 Ultimate Edition).
Join the Steam group and get additional content
By joining the group, you will receive additional content for free!
- 100 Gold bars
- 1 in-game Jacket for one of the four characters
- PAYDAY 2 in-game melee weapon: “Knuckle Dagger”
- Steam Character Avatars
Oknytt is a point-and-click adventure game where the player takes the role of a small, seemingly insignificant creature, leading it through a dark world riddled with obstacles to help it find a place to belong. The game takes place in a Norse medieval world and contains a number of beings and areas inspired by Swedish folklore.
Oknytt's gameplay is comprised of classic point-and-click puzzle solving combined with the usage of four runes located at the bottom of the screen. These runes can be activated at any time to trigger various changes and events in the area around the protagonist. Each rune has a specific element tied to it which have different areas of use depending on what can currently be seen in the environment.
Figuring out what the runes can be used for and how to utilise their affect on the environment together with the items at your disposal is key to you being able to progress through the game world.
- Manipulate the environment around you using elemental forces
- A unique art style inspired by the famous Swedish painter John Bauer
- Experience and collect lore about creatures and monsters from Scandinavian folklore
- Fully voiced by the talented Brian Hall
- 6-7 hours of puzzle solving
Barony is a 3D, first-person roguelike with cooperative multiplayer that brings back the cryptic and intricate designs of classic roguelikes such as Nethack and melds them with RPGs like Ultima Underworld, System Shock, and Daggerfall. Challenge is the calling card of this hard-boiled dungeon-crawler.Features
- Gameplay inspired by RPG classics like Ultima Underworld, System Shock, & Daggerfall
- Roguelike mechanics such as perma-death, random dungeons, cryptic messages, and more
- Meticulously narrated action that mimics the insane events one could expect to find in games like Nethack
- A complex yet intuitive drag & drop interface to manage items and character stats
- Cooperative multiplayer for up to 4 players over internet or LAN (includes Steam and direct-IP connections)
- Hundreds of unique collectible items and loot, including several rare and mystical artifacts
- Chock-full of secret areas, special levels, developer easter eggs, and more
- Bundled level editor, exposed assets, and simple file formats for easy hacking, modding & tinkering
Barony tells the story of an undead lich named Baron Herx, who terrorized the town of Hamlet in a previous life and is now holding out in a vast subterranean complex known as the Devil's Bastion. As a single hero or a group of adventurers, it is your mission to descend the depths of his abode, confront him in his hellish lair, and destroy him forever. Whether you will simply meet your doom in the dungeons as many have before you or rise to victory against the Baron and his hellspawn is ultimately up to you.
31. Caves of Qud
Caves of Qud is a science fantasy roguelike epic steeped in retrofuturism, deep simulation, and swathes of sentient plants. Come inhabit an exotic world and chisel through layers of thousand-year-old civilizations. Decide: is it a dying earth, or is it on the verge of rebirth?Who are you?Play the role of a mutant indigenous to the salt-spangled dunes and jungles of Qud, or play a pure-strain descendant from one of the few remaining eco-domes—the toxic arboreta of Ekuemekiyye, the Holy City; the ice-sheathed arcology of Ibul; or the crustal mortars of Yawningmoon.
You arrive at the oasis-hamlet of Joppa, along the far rim of Moghra'yi, the Great Salt Desert. All around you, moisture farmers tend to groves of viridian watervine. There are huts wrought from rock salt and brinestalk. On the horizon, Qud's jungles strangle chrome steeples and rusted archways to the earth. Further and beyond, the fabled Spindle rises above the fray and pierces the cloud-ribboned sky.
You clutch your rifle, or your vibroblade, or your tattered scroll, or your poisonous stinger, or your hypnotized goat. You approach a watervine farmer—he lifts the brim of his straw hat and says, "Live and drink, friend."What can you do?Anything and everything. Caves of Qud is a deeply simulated, biologically diverse, richly cultured world.
- Assemble your character from over 70 mutations and defects and 24 castes and kits—outfit yourself with wings, two heads, quills, four arms, flaming hands, or the power to clone yourself—it's all the character diversity you could want.
- Explore procedurally-generated regions with some familiar locations—each world is nearly 1 million maps large.
- Dig through everything—don't like the wall blocking your way? Dig through it with a pickaxe, or eat through it with your corrosive gas mutation, or melt it to lava. Yes, every wall has a melting point.
- Hack the limbs off monsters—every monster and NPC is as fully simulated as the player. That means they have levels, skills, equipment, faction allegiances, and body parts. So if you have a mutation that lets you, say, psionically dominate a spider, you can traipse through the world as a spider, laying webs and eating things.
- Pursue allegiances with over 60 factions—apes, crabs, robots, and highly entropic beings—just to name a few.
- Follow the plot to Barathrum the Old, a sentient cave bear who leads a sect of tinkers intent on restoring technological splendor to Qud.
- Learn the lore—there's a story in every nook, from legendary items with storied pasts to in-game history books written by plant historians.
- Die—Caves of Qud is brutally difficult and deaths are permanent. Don't worry, though—you can always roll a new character.
32. Rocketbirds 2 Evolution
The “most interesting chicken in the world” is back in his first sequel Rocketbirds 2: Evolution, where Hardboiled Chicken gets entangled in a mysterious and sinister penguin plot in “Part 1: The Cockup”. Meanwhile, the pint sized budgie commandos are forming a strike force of great magnitude in “Part 2: The Rescue”, where players need to rescue and recruit hostages from deep behind enemy lines. Both parts can be played in or out of order, but converge to complete the full Evolution story.
Players will engage in nuanced, side-scrolling, shooter action as they face an assortment of evil penguins, space owls and other fowl creatures while strapping on jetpacks and wielding new, powerful weapons of ‘de-clucktion.’
Key features of Rocketbirds 2: Evolution include:
• Cinematic platforming, action-adventure game with light puzzle elements and Jetpacks in Part 1: The Cockup
• Over 100 upgradeable weapons, costumes and stackable characters to unlock in procedurally generated missions in Part 2: The Rescue
• Part 2 also features 1 - 4 player online / offline / drop-in / drop-out cooperative features and a PvP mini game
• Original soundtrack by New World Revolution
33. Jump King
"Tactical Leaping Adventure - Jump King: There is a Smoking Hot Babe at the Top!" is a challenging climbing-platformer about the struggle upwards in search of the legendary Smoking Hot Babe! Jump along the vertical path to the top in this test of your courage and fortitude!Gameplay:The game is built on a single iconic mechanic: charge the height of each jump by holding down the button and release to leap away! But beware - once you are in the air there is no way to turn back! Though you cannot die, your progress is fragile - a single missed jump could lead to your fall and much progress lost...
Leap through an intriguing world, meeting curious characters along the way. The hand-drawn backgrounds and distinct animations paint a rare picture, reminiscent of the old classics! The blend of retro sfx, beautiful arrangements and high definition ambiences give a peculiar atmosphere - thanks to composers/sound designers Nils Eklöf and Elias Thörnlund.
This game is a trial that demands skill and willpower, mastering the jump and reaching the top will test the limits of your ability! Do you think you have what it takes to defeat this game!?Features:
- The only way forward is up, and your only enemy is yourself!
- Simple but iconic jump-mechanic, charge each jump just right!
- Once you leap away there is no retreat.
- Tactical platformer; the obvious path is sometimes not the best...
- Mysterious world with characters that you will learn to love and hate.
- The higher you jump, the harder you fall!
- All your progress (and each setback) is saved automatically!
- That jump which you so easily cleared a moment ago has somehow turned into the hardest jump in the game - what are you going to do? Cry about it? You only have yourself to blame! He he he...
- Classic graphics - painstakingly hand drawn backgrounds.
- Tough but addictive gameplay
- Tough but addictive gameplay makes you come back for more even after you fall on your face for the 100th time!
- Challenge your friends to see who can first master this test of resolve!
- Hours of nail-biting suspense await you!
- Full controller support and freely rebindable keys.
34. Mystery Mine
HistoryMbonga used to be just a simple worker in a small village far from civilisation. Once he meets an ancient Spirit who needs his help. The Spirit promises to protect Mbonga's village from the great evil, so Mbonga decides to come with him to the Underworld.GameplayOur goals are:
- to find the way to the Underworld,
- to help the Spirit and to save our village.
On his way the player will be fighting with mosters, overcoming dangerous obstacles, solving puzzles and learning the history of the world
35. The Witch's House MV
The Witch’s House, originally released in 2012, falls within the tradition of Japanese horror RPGs with heavy emphasis on puzzle-solving and jump scares. Among other entries in the genre such as Ib and Ao Oni, The Witch’s House surprised fans with pixel-art that conceals truly frightening horror.
The Witch’s House is deliberately designed with traps at *almost* every turn--sudden death is unpredictable and it keeps players on their toes. Anything can happen at any time.
With completely remastered visuals, The Witch’s House MV will feel fresh to even the most familiar old-school fans. Fans will also be greeted by a new difficulty mode that includes new events upon completion of the base game.
- A horror atmosphere wherein players solve puzzles based on clues found in the house.
- Completely reimagined graphics that make for a beautifully terrifying experience.
- Brand new unlockable difficulty mode with new events and dialogue.
- Violence and gore that are not recommended for the squeamish. Player discretion advised.
- Sudden deaths that lurk around every corner and await every misstep.
- Items must be used deliberately as players solve the puzzles for themselves.
- Fixed save points (just keep an eye out for the talking black cat).
- Game pads are supporting and recommended.
- Head phones *strongly* recommended.
Hello. I'm Fummy, creator of The Witch's House MV.
I'm happy to announce that we're finally ready to release the game.
The Witch's House MV is an RPG Maker MV remake of the original game, which was released back in 2012.
We remade all the graphics, including map tiles and character sprites, and worked hard to enhance the atmosphere and 2D beauty in The Witch's House. It took us five times as many hours to create this version, but we feel like we've finally managed to satisfy ourselves.
Aside from graphical improvements, we also added two new difficulty settings that was not present in the free version.
The first difficulty setting is a more accessible one that allows you to instantly retry. The other difficulty setting is a more difficult one which is only unlocked by those who manage to reach the game's true ending.
- "The normal difficulty isn't enough to satisfy me..."
- "I'm not averse to instantly dying upon reaching new areas."
If either of these describe you, then we recommend you give this new difficulty a try. You also may be able to uncover some new story bits concerning "her"...
The world of The Witch's House has been reborn anew, and we sincerely hope you'll all enjoy it.
My name is Dan Stern and I’m the Scholar of the First Deal at DANGEN Entertainment (sounds fancy, but it means I work with the devs to get their games released so you can play them).
Japan has a longer tradition in 16-bit horror games because of the variety of games that was released on the Super Famicom. But that wasn’t something I experienced because of growing up in the West. It wasn’t until I discovered The Witch’s House some years ago that I learned 16-bit games can scare me just as well as high-res AAA games made in 3D. I learned that even in pixel-art, horror is possible; it just depends on the creator’s mastery of atmosphere and timing. Fummy-san absolutely has that mastery and as silly as it sounds, I’ve never had so much fun dying a lot in a video game.
I was ecstatic to find out that not only is there a remaster of my favorite indie horror classic, but that DANGEN could help to get that game in front of fans that I know will love it. Playing The Witch’s House MV feels like a totally new experience and I’m sure you’ll have fun with the new content after you finish your first playthrough.
Why save the world when you can conquer it? In EvilQuest, take on the role of Galvis — a dark knight obsessed with ultimate power. Set out on a quest of revenge,destruction and conquest in this exciting retro Action RPG title. Along the way you’ll unlock ancient mysteries, discover legendary weapons, relics and magic…and of course kill thousands of those foolish enough to stand in your way!
EvilQuest features a wide variety of environments, enemies, and boss creatures – all created in retro style with 100% original artwork, animation, and music. In addition to fighting monsters, Galvis will also terrorize the residents of several towns and must avoid imperial agents seeking to re-capture him.
The goal of the game is for Galvis to take revenge on his captors as well as unlock the secret power of four legendary seals. Players will find a variety of weapons, items, and magic spells to increase their power as they play through the quest. The game also allows the player to customize areas of proficiency during level-ups by assigning points to particular attributes.Key Features
- dark and genre-defying dialogue and story
- Fast-paced action-RPG gameplay
- retro-style original graphics
- original musical score
- game world full of mysteries and twists to explore
- multiple levels of melee attack through weapon charging system
- 15 unique dungeon levels and overworld areas
- 14 different spells with a variety of purposes and effects
- 10 challenging boss fights
- Dozens of pieces of equipment and items to discover
37. Remnants of Naezith
Feel the acceleration in this fast-paced grappling hook platformer, Remnants of Naezith.
It focuses on having freedom of movement, solid character control and not having any speed limitations. The fun of swinging with grappling hooks and the amazing feel of acceleration makes a great combination in this game.
You play as Kayra, a human who shares his body with the soul of the ancient thunder dragon, Naezith! With the powers granted to him by the dragon, Kayra will destroy the Remnants of Naezith, enchanted fragments of the dragon's body, to prevent anyone from exploiting their power for evil.
- LEVEL SELECTION
Proceed through four chapters with 20 branching levels in each.
- SECRET LEVELS
Find the hidden remnants to unlock secret levels.
Watch top player replays and improve your skills to ascend.
- GLOBAL RANKINGS
Get a badge depending on your overall performance and compete worldwide.
Race against other people's best times or your own.
- SPEEDRUN MODE
Try going through the entire game or a specific chapter as fast as possible.
- CUSTOM LEVELS
Explore the countless levels made by the community and design your own.
In this puzzle, you only have to draw one continuous line.
When you draw on a tile, it will change color from orange to blue or from blue to orange. You solve each puzzle, by making all tiles akin.
There are 96 puzzles on "Normal"-mode and 96 puzzles in "Time"-mode. Each puzzles can have many different solutions. Start with basic puzzles and unlock harder ones.
There are also special tiles. The "Teleport"-tile, teleports the line to another point in the puzzle. The "Double Use"-tile can be used twice, which is requires to solve some of the puzzles
This is game is Steamworks integrated with achivements, badges, trading cards and more.
A quick note from the developer:Himno was created long time ago as a private project which I played to de-stress myself. Little by little I was getting in love and that's why I decided to share it. If you enjoy simple games about platforming and parkour, this will chatch you! The controls are super intuitive and easy to learn, and there is an endless amount of procedurally generated maps for you to explore and overcome in many different ways like the old 8-bit platformers.An endless experience about jumping and watching the world created featuring:
- Non-violent, no death
- Your actions in the world trigger emotional soundtracks and vibrant visuals
- Wall-jumps, slides, dashes, moving platforms, lifts
- Play at your own pace without pressure
- Watch bright things dance around you
- Great for playing for a little while every now and then to discover some new maps
- Enjoyable by a wide variety of player skill
Firewood is a 2D adventure game with psychological horror elements.
The game tells the story of an old man who has lost his wife years ago and is still having troubles with his past.
After his wife's funeral, he decides to move to a cabin far away from town in order to escape from the haunting memories of the past and his country's opressive regime.
Yet one day, events take an unexpected turn and he finds himself in a dark journey.
Will he be able to find the redemption he seeks?
-Side scrolling 2D adventure game with hand drawn graphics.
-Grim and atmospheric music.
-A twisting story.
Firewood is our first project and it took us five months to complete.
We created everything from scratch. Graphics, music and all. Thanks!
Sparklite is a roguelite brawler-adventure. Using an arsenal of gadgets, guns, and gear, you will battle foes in top-down action combat, solve puzzles and explore dangerous corners of the world. Having crash-landed your first job will be to search for missing gyrocopter parts before you take on the task of saving the Sparklite.
Everything in the world is tied together by Sparklite... it's the life force of the planet and the inhabitants have learned how to channel it for their own gain. It can be harnessed sustainably, which gives it low power that lasts forever, or it can be consumed immediately for a huge surge of power but then it is destroyed.
The "Baron" has devised a plot to mine the world’s Sparklite core. He mines Sparklite and burns it to fuel his powerful war machines. The resulting pollution is corrupting the world. Animals have turned into violent monsters and the environment is slowly rotting away. Thankfully the world has a natural defense - its Sparklite core. Periodically, the core causes a disruption which rearranges the layout of the world, setting back the Baron’s efforts. If the Baron can obtain the core, he’ll gain the power to create a new world where he has ultimate power.
Our hero, Ada, must travel to each zone of the world to shut down the Sparklite digsites, lowering the Baron’s defenses so that she can stop him before it’s too late...
42. RYAN BLACK
Ryan Black vs Genetic Engineered OrganismsYou, Ryan Black, a seasoned operator of secret service were summoned to get what looked like an ordinary mission. Investigate, gather information, return. But everything went wrong from the very beginning – strange savage creatures, genetic experiments, ravage, destruction and a faint smell of foul conspiracy. Fight, run, jump and climb making your way through ruined African village and military base to a secret genetic factory. Use all the possible means to survive and discover what happened, and then decide where your loyalties lie.
• Action-packed 2D Platformer in a deadly world full of unnatural predators. Sharpen your battle instincts and prove that Ryan Black can survive in any circumstances.
• Dark and murky surroundings with some bizarre elements create a deep and dreadful mood of hostile and doomed world.
• Journey through 7 different locations, from african village to hidden laboratory complex.
• 16 various enemies, from mutated hyenas and mercenaries to dread Stonehands and poisonous Seeker Plants + 5 bosses
• 12 different weapons Ryan can find here and there.
• Highly developed damage and targeting system, with ability to score critical hits.
• Different tactical approach needed to pass some encounters.
43. PLAY WITH ME
See how a game created by the very Jigsaw would look like! Use the available objects, outwit tricky illusions and optical puzzles and above all, answer the question – will you dare to Play with Me?
An investigative journalist, Robert Hawk, together with his wife Sara disappears in mysterious circumstances. The police find only the wreck of their car. According to the suspicions of the investigation officers, a man called „Illusion”, a serial killer about who Hawk has been writing investigative articles for a long time, may have something to do with their disappearance. Apparently, he was very close to discover his identity with the help of his friend, a private detective Patrick Clark. Now, as a result of the accident, Hawk finds himself in the “Illusion” and he has to get through a maze of puzzles to survive.
See the dark world created by a sick mind and see who is behind that. However, you will not be alone during this journey – you will be able to win the gratitude of the imprisoned and even get their help with a bit of manipulation and favours. How will you use them? Are you ready to sacrifice your friend to get away from the trap? Test your human nature during many moral choices and secondary quests which will lead you to tens of endings!
Get to a higher level of immersion and use real objects to outsmart the harasser. Blow into the microphone to blow out the candles, make a hand gesture to light the match, shake the box (what may be inside?), open the jar (watch out because the eyeballs may fall out!) or attack someone with a hammer! I hope you have a mirror within your reach… And that is only the beginning of the surprises!
Enter the world of a dangerous psychopath and slowly go mad thanks to such a realistic system of determining the mental state of your character used for the first time in a computer game! At the end, chill out with some additional activities – write your own diary in a virtual telephone, read text messages or play mobile games – all of these to avoid going crazy.
And remember that thanks to some random elements each encounter with the game will be different! When you feel you need a challenge, test your skills in additional modes, including the exceptional survival mode.
44. Miner Meltdown
Miner Meltdown is a 2D team-based online competitive multiplayer game. Scour the map for minerals, upgrade your gear, and attempt to blow up the opposing team all the while avoiding monsters, traps, and environmental pitfalls along the way. Maps are randomly generated and 100% destructible, so every match is a fully unique, fast-paced, and chaotic affair.
- 4 vs 4 online multiplayer
- Randomly generated and 100% destructible terrain
- Over 20 unique weapons and gadgets to choose from
- Fast-paced gameplay using ropes and jetpacks to move around the map with ease.
- Bots, so you can play online or solo
- "Deathmatch", "Crazy King" & "Diamond Dash" game-types
- Tons of thrust-dancing
Two teams of 4 spawn on opposite sides of the randomly generated mine. Players must explore the map in search for gold, which can be used to purchase better weapons and equipment. Teams that collect more gold will generally have an edge in battle.
Teams collect points by killing enemy players, or neutral monsters. The team with the most points at the end of the round is victorious.
Gameplay is fast-paced, so hold onto your butts.
Capsule is A narrative driven escape the room game for the HTC Vive. Set in an alternate universe 1982 following a nuclear attack, Capsule requires the player to navigate lateral thinking puzzles in order to escape a fallout shelter and be rescued. The story is told indirectly through audio tapes that can be found throughout the environment. You can try to find them all, or if you rather, simply ignore them. The solutions to puzzles are randomized with each new game, so what works for one player, wouldn't work for another and each subsequent playthrough would have to be done from scratch.
46. ENYO Arcade
ENYO Arcade resembles a modern twin-stick action platformer. The game is notable for its unique gameplay, depth in atmosphere and merciless fast action. Fight or avoid various enemy types and find your way to the exit. Extra mileage of the game can be found in aiming to get from one point to another in the fastest and most efficient way possible.
- Unique platform agility and speed
- 40 locations spread over 4 stages
- 3 difficulty achievements
- 16+ unique enemy types
- High quality sub-pixel art at 60 frames per second with attention to details
- Tight and responsive controls - always stay in direct control of the action
- No 'holding hands and leading the way'
- Movement focused on 'game feel' including: wall jumping, ball jumping, rocket jumping AND regular jumping!!
- Atmospheric audio visual experience
- Steam achievements and leader boards
- Keyboard controls can be remapped!
Nullysun is an unusual platformer where you have to go through a lot of obstacles as a small black ball. The variety of objects, all kinds of transport from the drum set to the firecracker, secret levels, changing the gameplay, complex level mode can drag you down to the full passage of the game.
Portals that open additional levels, secret codes, strange characters - all this hides in the back streets of the levels.
★ Original soundtrack
★ Secret Levels
★ Atmosphere you want to dive into
★ Hard Mod
But where else can you fly in the freezer between the circular saws, wake the drums of the kvilderov or knock down the sounds of the orchestra of the molders?
48. Robbie Swifthand and the Orb of Mysteries
Robbie Swifthand and the Orb of Mysteries is a 2D platformer with an old school
feeling, captivating atmosphere and challenges designed to make you THINK before you
Plan ahead your every move and outsmart the traps that are lurking
in the temple or get dissected in hilarious ways!Premise
Robbie wakes up in an unfamiliar room with a small spirit telling him that he has to save humanity.
Who cares ?
If there is a reward he'll do it.
Experience RAGE and satisfaction in this hardcore platformer!
Buy an extra keyboard/gamepad or two .. you'll need it...CONTROLS:
A - MOVE LEFT
S - CROUCH
D - MOVE RIGHT
SPACE - JUMP
R CNTRL - THROW ORB / CONFIRM
ARROWS - LOOK UP / DOWN / LEFT / RIGHT
ESC - EXIT TO LEVEL SELECTION
Use of GamePad is strongly suggested. Default controls are optimised for Xbox 360/One controllers howerer they are fully customizable!
49. The Madness of Little Emma
Emma was living alone with her younger brother until one day he has disappeared in eerie circumstances. Help Emma find her brother and learn what has happened.
The Madness of Little Emma is a randomly generated action platformer with heavy Rogue-like elements. In her journey Emma will discover tons of varied items and encounter multitudes of unique enemies.
- Over 100 hours of challenging gameplay
- Over 250 items
- 5 playable characters - each with completely different playstyle
- Almost a hundred unique enemy types
- 25 bosses
- Five episodes and multiple hidden areas
- Persistent Steam leaderboard
- A curious story
- 6 cutscenes (intro + 5 endings)
- XB360 Controller support
- Top-quality pixel art
- Cinematic music
- Lots of Achievements and unlockables
- Tons of Secrets
50. Irony Of Nightmare
Description You found yourself in a big empty house. There is Christmass lights around here but no friends or family.
Why you all alone? And... do you really alone?
In the Irony of Nightmare things aren't always as they seem. Those who decide to solve all puzzles of the game, not only will unravel true secret of house, but also will open completely different ending of the story.Feature list
- Plunge into atmosphere of Christmas horror. If you are looking what to play in holidays — Irony of Nightmare is a perfect choice.
- Feel the loneliness. There is only you and uninvited guest in the house. And soon he will catch you.
- Explore dark and unsettling rooms in search for answers. Hidden messages and puzzles will help you uncover secrets of this strange place
Categories in common with Irony Of Nightmare: Indie