The best games like Stronghold HD are:
- arrow_rightCossacks II: Napoleonic Wars
- arrow_rightCossacks II: Battle for Europe
- arrow_rightThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- arrow_rightAssassin’s Creed IV Black Flag
- arrow_rightThe Witness
- arrow_rightAge of Empires II HD
- arrow_rightThe Vanishing of Ethan Carter
100 Best Games Like Stronghold HD:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (24)
- PlayStation 4 (33)
- iOS (22)
- Android (19)
- macOS (63)
- Linux (37)
- Nintendo Switch (12)
- Nintendo 3DS (2)
- Nintendo DS (2)
- Xbox 360 (17)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (19)
- PlayStation 2 (1)
- PlayStation (4)
- PS Vita (4)
- PSP (2)
- Wii U (3)
- Wii (2)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (2)
- Classic Macintosh (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (5)
- Atari ST (1)
- Genesis (2)
- Game Gear (1)
1. Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars
In Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars , lead your 19th century army to glory in this much-anticipated sequel to the internationally acclaimed Cossacks: European Wars. Whether fighting as Napoleon's highly disciplined "Grand Arme", the tenacious Russians and their Cossack horseback warriors, the Austrians, Britons, Prussians, or Egyptians, the challenges will be daunting as you master weapons and tactics during a time that redefined modern warfare.
Massive Historical Battles - Fight through battles of the 19th century, with massive armies colliding in varied types of terrain and weather.
Varied Game Play - Enjoy the strategic campaign for the dominance of Europe, follow in the footsteps of emperors and generals in history-inspired battles, or duke it out in open-ended skirmishes.
There's More To Winning Than Combat - Learn to weaken your enemies economically before the first musket volley is fired. Forge treaties, devise treacheries, or simply buy your opponents' loyalties.
Realistic Troop Morale System - Only well-led, well-provisioned troops live long enough to grow in experience and become valuable battlefield assets.
Online Play - Compete against or in cooperation with other armchair emperors via LAN or Internet connection.
Categories in common with Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars: Strategy
2. Cossacks II: Battle for Europe
Let the battle begin! The Cossacks II: Battle for Europe add-on continues the renowned Cossacks II:Napoleonic Wars game. It depicts the rather short historic period of the Napoleonic wars. The Napoleon wars changed Europe forever, leading to the formation of empires and putting an end to almost one thousand years of constant strife between small states. The game provides mass-scale battles between thousands-strong armies of the nations involved in conflicts during this period. The theatres of operation introduce France, Britain, Austria, Russia, Prussia, Egypt, and three nations not represented in the original game – Spain, the Grand Duchy of Warsaw (Poland), and the Confederation of the Rhine.
The Cossacks II: Battle for Europe reconstructs in detail the soldiers' uniforms weapons and architecture of each nation. Each nation's army has its unique units and possibilities. The game includes over 180 units 190 buildings and 1200 flora and fauna elements. When developing the combat system the peculiarities of early 19th century warring were taken into account as was the value of formations provisions and troop morale. Tactical tricks utilized by military commanders of the time are fully reflected in the game. An "honest" system of bullet and cannonball ballistics based on physics is an innovative addition to the Cossacks engine. Other engine features include 3-dimensional landscaping which creates realistic-looking scenery and towns and impacts combat tactics. For example the firing range of a subdivision of soldiers or a cannon positioned at the top of a hill is greater than the firing range of a unitstationed on flat terrain.Key features:
- Control the French, Russians, Austrians, Britons, Prussians, or Egyptians -- master new weapons and tactics during a time that redefined the meaning of modern warfare.
- Fight through historically inspired battles of the 19th century, with massive armies colliding in different types of terrain and weather.
- Battles on real historical scale with tens of thausands of units on one map.
- Realistic Troop Morale System - Well-fed troops live longer and grow in experience to become valuable battlefield assets, while fierce and overwhelming opponents, or marching long distances will cause morale to drop
- Enhanced diplomacy tools help you create treaties that give you the advantages
Categories in common with Cossacks II: Battle for Europe: Strategy
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The third game in a series, it holds nothing back from the player. Open world adventures of the renowned monster slayer Geralt of Rivia are now even on a larger scale. Following the source material more accurately, this time Geralt is trying to find the child of the prophecy, Ciri while making a quick coin from various contracts on the side. Great attention to the world building above all creates an immersive story, where your decisions will shape the world around you.
CD Project Red are infamous for the amount of work they put into their games, and it shows, because aside from classic third-person action RPG base game they provided 2 massive DLCs with unique questlines and 16 smaller DLCs, containing extra quests and items.
Players praise the game for its atmosphere and a wide open world that finds the balance between fantasy elements and realistic and believable mechanics, and the game deserved numerous awards for every aspect of the game, from music to direction.
Categories in common with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: Role Playing
4. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag
Assasin's Creed IV: Black Flag is a pirate game. Being the fourth “numbered” instalment in the series, the story follows a new protagonist, Edward Kenway, who tries to build his Pirate Republic. Help legendary pirates like "Blackbeard", Charles Vane and other well-known pirates establish their empire while fighting the mystery of the Observatory - something very valuable for the Templars. Also, you will have to continue your infiltration in Abstergo and discover some new details about itself.
Although being in the Assasin's Creed series, the game provides you with some new mechanics. Giving the player full control of the ship, you will have to cross the open-world sea and fight for your piracy. Ships will be sinking, destroyed and massacred. If you prefer exploring, a whole new underwater world is ready for you with its beauty and danger lurking in the streams of Carribeans. Experience the pirate life at its best. (?) (needs a better ending)
Categories in common with Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag: Action
5. The Witness
The Witness is a 3D puzzle game where you explore a mysterious island full of natural and artificial structures. The game is focused on non-verbal communication that should make the player more attentive to the environment surrounding him. To complete the game, you need to solve puzzles in each of the eleven island's regions and get to the mountain in the center of it. While the regions differ a little, puzzles they feature are quite similar and, as a rule, have something to do with symmetry to be solved. Puzzles are activated at the grids you can find around locations.
There are two modes in the game. In the walking mode you can explore the island, and in the path-drawing mode you don’t move and focus on solving puzzles.
While the game’s plot is quite unclear and The Witness doesn’t give many details on the hero’s background, its key feature is the visual aspect combined with music, inspiring quotes you can hear and the meditative tone of the game in general. The game features several visual illusions based on depth perception.
6. Age of Empires II HD
Age of Empires II HD is a strategy game, the remastered version of the original game with improved graphics and some new features including the Workshop compatibility. It's followed by three expansions: The Forgotten, The African Kingdoms and The Rise of the Rajas that add new civilizations, campaigns, and modes to the game.
In Age of Empires II HD, you develop the selected civilization from the Dark Ages to the modern time. You have multiple units to complete different tasks such as mining resources, explore the world and fight enemies. You can also reveal new technologies and upgrade your units. There are different ways to win: you can either fight the enemy civilization or choose a peaceful way and develop your science and culture instead of war. To develop efficiently, you need to manage resources carefully.
Categories in common with Age of Empires II HD: Strategy
7. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is a horror adventure game, heavily focused on the narrative. You are Paul Prospero, a detective with paranormal abilities. You get a letter from a boy named Ethan Carter, who cries out for help. You have nothing to do but go to his town and find out what happens to Ethan’s family.
The game is focused on puzzle solving and exploration, and set in an open world environment. The superpowers you obtain make your investigation easier: you can sense where hidden objects are and restore the circumstances of the crimes you reveal.
As a rule, the game shows you the path (literally and figuratively), but any derogations add details to the atmosphere of the game. So you can freely explore locations, read numerous notes and learn more about the inhabitants of the town you came to. On the other hand, you can follow the main line directly, and it won't be spoiled by the lack of details. In the end, the game becomes something between an interactive drama and a detective quest.
Risen is a fantasy-themed RPG, split into several chapters. You, the unnamed protagonist, get in a storm and wake up on a mysterious island of Faranga. Immediately you get involved in the war between two factions: bandits and mages. No matter what side you choose, you dive into a web of intrigue, connected with ancient monsters and relicts.
The game features an elaborate development system, which allows you to upgrade different abilities, such as shooting, melee combat, and magic. You also can choose from a variety of weapons and non-combat skills, for example, pickpocketing and lock picking. Combat system includes several moves you and your enemies can perform; their variety increases as you progress through the game. There are multiple quests to get experience and open unavailable regions of the island. You can fulfill the same tasks in different ways, so the game provides true role-playing.
Risen is followed by Risen 2: Dark Waters and Risen 3: Titan Lords. These games don't directly continue the plot of the first title but feature some characters from it.
Factorio is an isometric space real-time strategy developed by Wube Software.
An astronaut is stranded on the surface of a distant unknown planet, that is full with low life forms and fossil fuels. His main objective now is to survive and build a rocket to leave the planet. Luckily, the main character has a scientific background, hence why he can build any machinery from steam engines to exoskeletons, power grids, and oil plants. The planet's inhabitants start to think that they got infected by the astronaut and try to eliminate the threat as soon as possible.
The player controls only one character that can move around the map freely by walking at first and using vehicles later into the game. The unknown planet that the players explore is rich with oil, minerals, water, and other fauna.
The player controlled character can mine the resources by himself and the tools that can be crafted or by building specific mining equipment. The latter will be much more effective. The same thing goes for resource processing and other stages of item development as from the game's beginning, the players can't keep up with all the things they have to do simultaneously.
The game features a Tower Defence aspect, as the planet's inhabitants set out to kill the player and eliminate the cause of damage to their planet. The players have to build a sophisticated defense network of turrets and mines to protect themselves.
10. Age of Wonders III
Age of Wonders 3 is a turn-based strategy game developed by Triumph Studios. It is the fourth title in the Age of Wonders game series.
Age of Wonders 3 is a fantasy game. It tells the story of a conflict between the Commonwealth Empire and the alliance of dark and forest elves. While the Commonwealth desires to take over the world and push all the old customs and traditions aside, elves fight to prevent such a thing from ever happening. Elves gather all the oppressed races and nations together to take the fight back to humans.
Age of Wonders 3 gameplay is based around a 4X principle, which focuses on exploration, expansion, exploitation, and extermination. The players slowly build up their empire from the ground up. Multiple ways of achieving that are available, such as diplomacy, colonization, or plain old simple war.
At the beginning of the game, the players choose and customize the character they will play as. This character becomes a leader of a specific nation in the game. Six races are available. The races have their own perks, which must be carefully chosen to suit the player's play style.
The leader and empire perk trees are present in the game. As the players build up their empire, new units and buildings become available. There are 6 leader classes available for the players. Leaders can gain experience and level themselves up. The game also features a karma system, which influences the way the players are seen by their people.
11. Sniper Elite 3
This prequel to Sniper Elite V2 is set three years before the events of the previous game, in Northern Africa during the World War II. The player assumes the role of US special forces operative Karl Fairburne. His task is to eliminate the Nazi German general Franz Vahlen before he completes his project of a doomsday weapon. The locations and background events are inspired by the real historical places and battles.
The gameplay is strongly oriented towards stealth action. Your protagonist is a talented marksman who can use a variety of sniper rifles. Finding a perfect spot to snipe from is as important as changing it, since you cannot hold one position for too long without being detected. Fairburne’s condition and the environment influence his accuracy; for example, he cannot shoot straight after running or against the wind. A unique targeting system allows you to see where your bullet will hit the enemy’s body or a vehicle and the amount of damage it can deal. Fairburne can also use other types of guns, as well as explosives. Kills earn the player the points that push your character towards higher ranks. Besides the story mode, there’s a co-op mode and five multiplayer modes, including the classic deathmatch and “capture the flag”.
12. Cortex Command
Cortex Command is a 2D pixel art tactical game. The story is set in the future where humans united with machines so they can send their brains everywhere in the universe. Since then humans explore other planets, interact with aliens and mine gold. You play as one of these brains that are settled on an unnamed planet and needs to survive there.
As a brain you must complete multiple missions that include self-defense, exploring dangerous parts of the planet, searching for elements of the mechs and so on. There are several factions in the game; each of them has different units you can use to fulfill your plans. The environment is fully destructible and provides you with gold and other resources to protect your brain and attack the opponent’s base.
The game features a turn-based strategic campaign along with a four-player multiplayer mode. Cortex Command can also be easily modified with several in-game editors.
13. Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
Age of Empires 3 Complete Collection is a real-time strategy, a sequel to Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings. It includes the original game and two expansions: The Warchiefs and The Asian Dynasties, that add new playable civilizations.
Like in previous titles in the series, in Age of Empires 3 you choose and develop a civilization through ages. To progress you gather and manage resources, explore the world, upgrade the technology and units. The series’ new feature is the Home City, a separate powerhouse that provides additional options for your development, including unique upgrades you can use during the match. The goal of the game is to overcome AI or online opponents.
Age of Empires 3 features a political system. With each new age you choose politicians you want to support. They give you a certain bonus, for example, extra supplies or military units.
Besides a free mode, the game has a campaign divided into three acts. Instead of step-by-step development you take control of a civilization at the set time period and complete tasks.
14. Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Spyro Reignited Trilogy is a collection that includes three remastered games from the Spyro franchise that were released in the late 1990s: Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon
The plot of the game is identical to that of the three original games. They all follow Spyro, a small cutesy purple dragon, on his quest to save his dragon kin from various villains.
The games are set in the Dragon Kingdom, a fantasy world inhabited by sentient dragons. There are five dragon realms that used to co-exist peacefully. In the first game, the villain is Gnasty Gnorc (a gnome/orc half-blood), who magically turned all dragons into crystals. Spyro has to save them and defeat Gnorc. In the sequels, Spyro has to deal with other villains, such as Ripto the warlock, who tries to conquer the world, or Sorceress, who steals the dragons' eggs.
The player controls Spyro in a 3D environment from the third person view. Spyro can breathe fire to defeat his enemies. The dragon cannot actually fly, but he can glide long distances. A dragonfly companion named Sparx follows Spyro, helping him to pick up treasures and keep track of his health. To restore his health, Spyro can eat butterflies. The third game, Year of the Dragon, introduces other playable characters that can be unlocked by completing levels.
15. Divine Divinity
The first game in the Divinity franchise introduces the player to the medieval high fantasy world of Rivellon aka Land of Divinity. There’s an extensive backstory of the setting in the game. Rivellon is a troubled place torn by wars and rebellions and threatened by the awakening forces of Chaos. The protagonist starts his journey in the city of Aleroth. His or her first mission is to save the city’s chief healer who was cursed into madness by an evil wizard. After that, the protagonist is free to explore the world and accept a variety of side quests from NPCs.
The main character is fully customizable. At the start, the player is allowed to choose between six characters, who are male and female versions of the same three classes (Warrior, Mage, and Survivor). Each class has its own set of skills and attributes. However, over the course of the game, the character can learn virtually any skill regardless of his or her class. The game is played from an isometric view using point-and-click controls, thus being quite similar to the Diablo series. Unlike Diablo, it has a stronger leaning towards the classic RPG genre. Divine Divinity includes complex dialogue options, skill trees, and a reputation system.
The game’s soundtrack was composed by ex-Aria keyboardist Kirill Pokrovsky.
16. Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
The first game in the Commandos series.
The action takes place during WW2. The player commands a detachment of saboteurs.
The game offers twenty missions. In each mission you need to perform several tasks - destroy the bridge, headquarters, military equipment, enemy commander, save someone from captivity. Different weapons are used for different tasks. Sometimes it is necessary to use pre-captured enemy equipment, including tanks and a submarine. Locations are diverse: Norway, Germany, France, Libya, Tunisia and others.
The group acts in the deep rear of the enemy. This means that the number of enemies is always much greater than the number of our soldiers and we have to act secretly. To let the enemy find us means to fail the mission and doom the squad to perish.
The group includes fighters who can do a lot of things: climb walls, control land and sea transport, shoot sniper weapons, fight with harpoon, use mines and syringes with poison.
Categories in common with Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines: Action
17. Stronghold Crusader HD
The game is an addition to the game-strategy Stronghold.
The main thing about the series of games Stronghold
The game Stronghold - a simulator of three activities:
the construction of a medieval castle,
military actions - assault of the castle or its defense,
creation and management of the village.
The atmosphere and situation of the first game
Briefly, this is the stylization of the Middle Ages. Game events begin in 1066, but there are often no time limits, so theoretically, missions can last dozens and even hundreds of game years.
The path of war and the path of peace
The game allows you to build - a settlement or a castle, carry out individual economic missions or just build freely, and destroy - invade the country, take the castle under siege or, on the contrary, crush the attackers. You can create your own maps and play in multiplay mode.
You are the ruler of the castle, you are responsible for both the economy and the war. Do not forget about the popularity - it's a separate indicator in the game.
You can build six types of buildings:
the castle and everything inside it - walls, towers, gates, barracks, ditches, etc.,
sawmills, quarries, mines and other structures for extraction of resources - wood, stone, iron and oil.
Farms that bring meat, milk, wheat, apples, hops, skins of cows,
city buildings - houses, churches, wells,
Weapon workshops, where they produce weapons and armor,
Barns and shops for cheese, bread, ale
Buildings are built instantly, it is only necessary to make such a decision. Just as quickly your soldiers are trained. But all this requires money obtained from the collection of taxes and trade.
To succeed in the economy it is not enough just to make calculations. We have to cope with unpredictable disasters like the invasion of rabbits or fire.
The war is fought by soldiers of close combat and distant combat: archers, crossbowmen, pikemen, swordsmen, spearmen, knights and even monks with clubs.
Troops can shoot from towers, move around walls, destroy walls, use siege machines, including towers, while besieged have boiling resin tanks, pits with stakes and moats with water. You can dig trenches and even organize an epidemic in the enemy camp. For complex actions, except soldiers, you need to involve sappers and engineers.
Addition Stronghold Crusader HD
Expands the set of game situations with the stories of the Crusades:
The first crusade of 1094-1099,
Saladin's campaigns of 1187,
the expedition of Richard the Lionheart, Friedrich Barbarossa and the French Philip II in order to liberate Jerusalem
The way of the crusader is a campaign of 50 cards not tied to historical events, but in the same setting.
One of the unique innovations are the assassins - the warriors of special abilities, able to invisibly enter the castle and open the gate from the inside, interrupting the guard.
18. The Guild II
This is a historical real-time strategy in which the player will create their dynasty of merchants in medieval Europe. This is the second game in the series.
German developers tried to mix the economic strategy with a life simulation. The game begins in 1400, in the same era as the previous game. The game uses the historical regions of Swabia, at the River Neckar and in the valley near the Odenwald in modern Germany. The player creates a character, which becomes the founder of the dynasty. Also, the player chooses a profession that determines the further gameplay. There are four such professions: Patron, Craftsman, Scholar, and Rogue. In addition to singleplayer in the game, there is also a multiplayer that is not available in the Steam version.
The game has four modes: Extinction, Dynasty, Mission and Time Limit. All of them can be fine-tuned with difficulty settings and other variables. Also in the game has a simulation of the economy, based on the models of supply and demand.
19. Risen 3 - Titan Lords
Risen 3: Titan Lords is the final part of the Risen trilogy, a medieval-themed action RPG set in a fantasy world. The game isn’t directly connected to the events of Risen and Risen 2: Dark Waters but features several characters and locations from them.
You take on the role of the unnamed protagonist whose soul was stolen by a demon. You can return it with a magician’s help but you need to join one of three in-game factions, like in other Risen games. This leads to multiple quests you complete to gain the respect of your mentors. The story is non-linear; almost all locations are available from the very beginning.
Titan Lords uses the upgraded version of Dark Waters’ combat system that features sword and gunfights and using magic. All skills are upgradeable. The game includes both land and sea missions. A new gameplay feature is karma that affects your relationship with NPCs. The protagonist can become conditionally good or evil depending on his choices. However, his karma won’t define the game’s ending.
20. Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty
Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty is a real-time tactical strategy game with stealth elements. The game serves as a standalone expansion to the original release of Commandos, set during the WWII. The player leads a squad of different operatives in the field of battle, tasked with different discreet missions.
The expansion pack adds a new character to the playable roster and expands the capabilities of other soldiers at player’s command. As in the base game, each mission features an objective, such as retrieving documents or destroying a strategic object, and each time it requires a different strategy on how to approach the enemies and achieve the goal of the mission. Every playable character has unique skills, with some having infiltration and concealment abilities, others capable of distracting the enemy and wreaking havoc upon them, and so on.
The graphical composition of the game fits its time of release, with voxel surroundings and an isometric view of the mission’s map bringing joy to the eyes of veteran players and new coming fans of retro games alike.
Categories in common with Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty: Action
21. Supreme Commander 2
Supreme Commander 2 is a real-time strategy, a sequel to Supreme Commander. The story is set in the near future in the world of giant mechs and the rise of technology. The plot tells about the confrontation of three forces: the United Earth Federation, the Illuminate and the Cybrans. They united in the first game but the newly elected President's assassination makes them break up.
The game is split into three missions dedicated to these forces. You have an opportunity to play as each side of the conflict that allows you to see it at different angles. At the end three separated campaigns come together and have the single ending.
The gameplay is typical for the RTS genre: you need to build facilities, mine resources and create an army of different military forces, including robots, tanks and super weapons. Your units are upgradeable with special points you can get developing technologies and defeating enemies. The goal of the game is to overcome your opponents. However, in a single-player campaign you can win by the numerical superiority of your army.
22. Stronghold Crusader 2
Stronghold Crusader II is the fifth game in Stronghold series of medieval strategies. It is the direct sequel to the 2002 spin-off of the series, Stronghold: Crusader.
Stronghold Crusader II is set in the Middle East in the era of Crusades. The game's two campaign modes follow the two sides in the Crusades: the Crusaders and the Muslims. The game features historical figures like Saladin and Richard of England, as well as the characters from earlier games in the series, such as Rat and Wolf.
The game is similar to all Stronghold games. The player assumes the role of a medieval lord who controls his castle. The player has to build the walls and towers, hire the knights and archers, and establish a productive medieval economy to support the war effort. Most missions involve a siege of a castle, with the player as the attacker, the defender, or both.
Everything in Stronghold, from the food to the war, requires the player to establish a chain of production, such as a mill and a bakery to make bread. The player has to produce armor and weapons before hiring most types of units. There's also a reputation meter that tracks what the people think of their lord. The player can increase his or her reputation by offering the people more food, lowering taxes, or building pubs and churches.
Stronghold Crusader II has several multiplayer modes. It was the first game in the series to introduce a cooperative mode that allows two players to control the same castle.
23. Cossacks: Back to War
To stand alone in war is extremely unpleasant. Extremely pleasant, on the other hand, is the stand-alone version Cossacks: Back to War. Containing all of the gameplay features of Cossacks: European Wars and Cossacks: The Art of War, this is a complete care package for all current and future Cossacks fans. This add-on contains 100 captivating missions taking place between the 16th and 18th centuries. In addition, two new nations, Switzerland and Hungary, are included. These countries waged war in the late Middle Ages and essentially influenced the development of European military strategies. This addition causes the second add-on of Cossacks to pass the threshold of allowed gaming fun.
Thrilling real-time strategy game with historical background.
Fascinating 3D landscapes.
Play takes place in Europe between the 16th and 18th centuries.
Stand-alone game, other Cossacks games not required to play.
A total of 20 different European nations to command.
100 new single missions.
2 new nations: Switzerland and Hungary with a total of 8 new units.
Spectacular real-time battles with up to 8,000 units.
4 different difficulty levels.
1 new camel riding unit for Algeria and Turkey: Bedouin.
This version with low system requirements is adapted for comfortable play on any hardware from low-end computers, laptops and netbooks, to high-end PCs (with Windows Vista/7).
Ad-Hoc multiplayer play (offline mode).
Infinite AI skirmishes on randomly generated maps.
Categories in common with Cossacks: Back to War: Strategy
24. Cossacks 3
Return of the legendary Cossacks! The sequel of the award winning strategy series.
Leaning on the history of the 17th and 18th century, the real time strategy game awakens colossal mass battles with up to 32,000 soldiers simultaneously on the battlefield.
This remake of the classic game, that originally launched in 2000, contains all of the elements that distinguish the successful Cossacks games and combines them with contemporary 3D-graphics. Cossacks 3 provides the player with infinite tactical options, including not only the construction of buildings, the production of raw materials, but also the broad selection of various units and the influence of the landscape.
20 nations, 120 different unit types, 100 research opportunities, and over 220 different historical buildings are available to the player. Besides the battles ashore, players can build an armada and attack their enemies at sea. Cossacks 3 offers five historic single player-campaigns and up to eight players can fight each other in multiplayer-mode on one map. The player can forge alliances with or against others as well as challenge the computer. Randomly generated maps provide endless variations and can be adapted to the gamer’s needs.
Grandiose battles of up to 32,000 soldiers on the battlefield
20 playable nations
100 research opportunities
220 different historic buildings
Battles ashore and at sea
Five singleplayer historical campaigns
Infinite variations of battles on randomly generated mapsAs a free DLC all the players will receive 8 additional playable nations with the unique music main themes.
Information about Digital Deluxe Edition (no longer available for purchase):
Digital Deluxe - is a game edition, that contained both base game and 4 previously announced DLC, which are getting consequent releases during 1 year after Cossacks 3 release, along with few great bonuses.
We have already released 4 promised DLCs: Days of Brilliance, Rise to Glory, Path to Grandeur and The Golden Age. They include:
Early access to new nations:
[Days of Brilliance] Denmark
[Days of Brilliance] Netherlands
[Rise to Glory] Bavaria
[Rise to Glory] Saxony
[Path to Grandeur] Hungary
[Path to Grandeur] Portugal
[The Golden Age] Switzerland
[The Golden Age] Piedmont
[Days of Brilliance] Pro Fide, Lege et Rege
[Rise to Glory] Huge gambles and great achievements.
[Rise to Glory] The Lion of the North.
[Path to Grandeur] St.Jacob with us, Spain!
[Path to Grandeur] In the Service of the Grand Vizier!
[The Golden Age] Oranien bovem!
[Days of Brilliance] Konotop
[Days of Brilliance] Clash at Nordlingen
[Days of Brilliance] Stuart Restoration
[Days of Brilliance] Peasants' War
[Days of Brilliance] Landing in Brittany
[Rise to Glory] Second Northern War
[Rise to Glory] Great Northern War
[Rise to Glory] Franco-Dutch War
[The Golden age] War for Brazil
[The Golden age] War in the Caribbean
[The Golden age] The Portuguese War of Independence
[The Golden age] Siege of DunkirkHistorical battle:
[The Golden age] Battle of Nieuwpoort (1600)
[The Golden age] Battle of Pyliavtsi (1648)
[The Golden age] Battle of Prostki (1656)
[The Golden age] Battle of Saint Gotthard (1664)
[The Golden age] Battle of Villaviciosa (1710)
[The Golden age] Battle of Sheriffmuir (1715)
[The Golden age] Oran (1732)
[The Golden age] Battle of Soor (1745)Environments:
[Rise to Glory] Winter maps
[Path to Grandeur] Desert maps
Digital Deluxe Edition owners would also receive soundtrack in lossless quality (wav format).
Digital Deluxe Edition is no longer available for purchases. Its owners have already got 4 DLC for free, as we`ve promised.
Categories in common with Cossacks 3: Strategy
25. Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
- Unprecedented Multi-decade Campaign – Kane returns as the centerpiece of an epic new single-player campaign. Experience a new story that spans 20 years – from the rebirth of the Brotherhood of Nod after the Second Tiberium War through the dramatic events of the Third Tiberium War and beyond. Facilitate the rise of the Brotherhood leading up to and beyond the events of Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars.
- Global Conquest – Fight the Third Tiberium War your way. Take command in an all new global conquest mode. Position your forces on a strategic level and then wage conflict in the fast, fluid, furious, tactical gameplay that Command & Conquer pioneered. Map out your strategies on the planetary level and wage all-out war on the ground.
- Live Action Videos are back! – Witness the rise of the Brotherhood first hand through intense live action video sequences starring Joe Kucan, the actor who originated the role of Kane in the Command & Conquer series in addition to a new celebrity cast of characters.
- Introduction of new Epic-Units – Devastate the battlefield with the immense firepower of all-new Epic-units. Customize your Epic-Units mid-battle via garrisoning and upgrades. Position these units in the strategic, global conquest mode then lay siege to your enemy at the tactical, battle level.
- Take Command of a Whole New Army – With the introduction of new units, structures, and abilities to each of the three factions, the Tiberium Wars will never be the same. Conquer your enemies with new units on both land and air.
- Specialized Sub-factions – Play to your strengths with six unique sub-factions, each equipped with their own exclusive units, powers, and upgrades. Utilize the sub-faction of your choice to fully take advantage and compliment your play style.
Categories in common with Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath: Strategy
26. Toy Soldiers
The Xbox LIVE® Arcade smash hit Toy Soldiers comes to PC!
Toy Soldiers is an action-packed strategy-based game in which players command antique WWI toy soldiers vying for control of the trench-filled battlefields of Europe. Deploy an exciting arsenal such as tanks, cavalry, biplanes, and flamethrowers in vintage WWI toy dioramas. Developed by Signal Studios, Toy Soldiers allows you to take control of individual units or control the entire battlefield from a strategic view. Integrating multiple game genres and world-class visuals, Toy Soldiers is a unique and action-packed entertainment experience!
Command your Toy Soldiers in epic, action-packed battles. Position your defenses and take direct control of your artillery to bomb the enemy positions, pilot your bi-plane against the enemy trench, or maneuver your tanks across No-Man’s Land and lead your Toy Soldiers to victory!
All DLC from the Xbox LIVE® Arcade hit is included!The Kaiser's Battle DLC
Enjoy all new French inspired content with THE KAISER'S BATTLE! Take on the new experimental boss, The K-Wagen!Invasion DLC
The British are bringing brand new secret weapons of tiny toy mayhem in Invasion!, the second add-on to Toy Soldiers from Signal Studios! Put on your Kaiser’s helmet and command the German Army against a mad menagerie of new antagonistic toys, including flying saucers, chivalrous knights, and the “Rolls Royce of the Sky,” the WWII Mustang. Defend Germany in a new Mini-campaign topped by the most calculating, head-strong boss of all (batteries not included)! Raise your saber, soldier, and lead the charge against… is that a spaceman? The Invasion has begun!Content ActivationTo activate Toy Soldiers after your purchase, launch Toy Soldiers and select 'Redeem Code' from the main menu. Then follow the instructions to redeem your content.
Alternatively, you can redeem Product Codes for the downloadable content at https://live.xbox.com/RedeemToken.
27. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition celebrates the 20th anniversary of one of the most popular strategy games ever with stunning 4K Ultra HD graphics, a new and fully remastered soundtrack, and brand-new content, “The Last Khans” with 3 new campaigns and 4 new civilizations.<br/>
Explore all the original campaigns like never before as well as the best-selling expansions, spanning over 200 hours of gameplay and 1,000 years of human history. Head online to challenge other players with 35 different civilizations in your quest for world domination throughout the ages.<br/>
Choose your path to greatness with this definitive remaster to one of the most beloved strategy games of all time.
Categories in common with Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition: Strategy
28. Transport Fever
Transport Fever is a railroad-focused tycoon game. Players start in 1850 and build up a thriving transport company. As an emerging transport tycoon, the player constructs stations, airports, harbors and makes money by connecting areas requiring transport services.
Construct complex road-rail-water-air networks in the endless game and experience more than 150 year of transportation history. Fulfill the people’s needs and watch cities evolve dynamically. Supply industries with freight, develop complete cargo chains and enable economic growth. Build up a transport empire!
Master challenges and get entertained in the campaign game mode. Two campaigns consisting of a multitude of missions with increasing difficulty can be tackled. Missions of the American and the European campaign tell the historical context of the 19th and 20th century and offer a wide range of realworld transportation challenges.Game Features
- Two game modes: Endless game and campaign mode
- Over 120 detailed trains, aircrafts, ships, buses, trams and trucks
- Intuitive yet powerful railroad and street construction
- Upgradable train and bus stations, airports and harbors
- European and American campaign with a multitude of historical missions
- Randomly generated, modifiable terrains with realistic dimensions
- Fully realized European and American game environments
- Dynamically simulated urban development and passenger movement
- Sophisticated economy model and freight simulation
- Content from more than 150 years of transportation history
- Realistic vehicle simulation, coloring and aging
- Physically based graphics, lighting and simulation
- More than 25 challenging achievements
- Steam Workshop and extensive modding support
29. Might & Magic Heroes VII
Might & Magic® Heroes® VII makes a triumphant return bringing you the essence of turn based strategy gaming. Set in a fantasy universe with RPG progression with a strong story narrative, you will embark on a journey that you will never forget!
- Explore and conquer the enchanted world of Ashan
- Develop and manage your economy
- Lead armies of legendary creatures to battle
- Build up Heroes of Might & Magic with hundreds of abilities and powerful artifacts
30. Vikings - Wolves of Midgard
Fear the wolves. They are cold, they are hungry - and they will stop at nothing to survive…
Ragnarok. Legend has it that when the coldest winter descends, the Jotan will return to take their vengeance against the Gods of Asgard. The world is on the road to perdition and the fate of Midgard hangs in the balance. But when the Fire and Frost Giants begin to merge their armies, they encounter the clan of the Ulfung – the Wolves of Midgard. Bloody, but unbowed following the destruction of their village, this notorious band of ostracized Viking warriors are determined to seize their destiny and save the world. As clan chief, you must save Midgard from complete annihilation, and spearhead the charge to vanquish the fiendish creatures of the Fimbulwinter.
Fantasy Meets Norse MythologyTravel the realms of earthly Midgard, freezing Niflheim and boiling Balheim, either as a fierce Viking warrior or merciless shieldmaiden.
The Deadly FimbulwinterWithstand the deathly colds and protect yourself from exposure to nature’s wrath in order to survive.
Tribute To The GodsCollect blood from fallen enemies and sacrifice it at the altar to gain gifts from the Gods to enhance your powers.
Berserker RageLet your anger take hold by activating Rage Mode to overwhelm your enemies in bloodthirsty combat.
The Art Of CombatPerfect your skills with each weapon to unlock their true potential, including swords, bows and spell-powered canes.
The Power Of The GodsMake the abilities of the Gods your own by equipping power-infused amulets, like the Talismans of Thor or Loki. Put your new skills to the test by competing in the Trials of the Gods to earn further rewards.
TeamworkTeam up with a friend and journey to the Shores of Midgard together in an epic two player online co-op mode. Choose between four difficulty levels to suit your skills and talents. Do you dare attempt the unrelenting hardcore mode?
31. Majesty 2 Collection
Includes all Majesty 2 content:
- Majesty 2
- Kingmaker expansion
- Battles of Ardania expansion
- Monster Kingdom expansion
- Real-time strategy with indirect control – your heroes have a will of their own
- Build the ultimate fantasy kingdom and experience an engaging world, but beware: monsters are waiting to lay siege to your domain
- Defend your realm with noble warriors, spell-wielding wizards, or wild barbarians
- Multiplayer for up to 4 players over LAN
Categories in common with Majesty 2 Collection: Strategy
32. Men of War: Assault Squad
Men of War: Assault Squad is a real-time strategy game developed by Digitalmindsoft. It is a stand-alone expansion pack to Men of War.
There is no fictional plot present in the game. Instead, the players take part in real battles of World War II.
The game features multiple singleplayer campaigns for the U.S. Army, Vermacht, Great Britain, the USSR, and Japan. Nonetheless, the game does not focus on these campaigns much, as they are only used to introduce the players to the core mechanics of the game before allowing them to compete in the game's multiplayer mode.
Each campaign consists of 5 missions, 3 of which focus on the assault on the positions of the enemy, with the next one revolving around holding your own ground and counter-attacking the enemy forces. In the last mission of any campaign, the players have to control a small squad that is sent out behind the enemy lines to sabotage the enemies' defense.
During the game, the players take control of specific combat squads and armor, that can be called in by using the reinforcement points. These points are awarded to the player upon capturing and holding the control points. The capture of new positions allows for purchasing new vehicles and troop upgrades. The main objective of any singleplayer mission is to capture all the points on the map.
Men of War: Assault Squad comes bundled with a map editor.
Categories in common with Men of War: Assault Squad: Strategy
Ancestors Legacy is a historically accurate real-time strategy game influenced by historical events in the Middle Ages. The game combines resource management and base building with large-scale, squad-based battles across vast battlefields, all rendered in great detail thanks to the Unreal Engine 4 tech. Experience medieval bloodshed like never before, thanks to the cinematic action camera that puts you right in the middle of the battle at the press of a button.Features
- 4 playable nations in an extensive single player campaign inspired by historical events
- Advanced tactical options combining the use of terrain, experience and morale
- Cinematic battle camera view puts you right in the center of the action
- Outstanding visual fidelity powered by Unreal Engine 4
- Intense multiplayer battles
- Streamlined resource management and village construction
- Precise controls with native gamepad support
Categories in common with Ancestors: Strategy
34. Tropico Reloaded
TROPICO RELOADED is the ultimate game compilation for hobby-dictators and those dreaming of their own Caribbean island. Tropico combines real-time strategy and simulation elements with a healthy dose of political intrigue and Caribbean flair to create a unique and critically acclaimed game experience.
You are the sole ruler of a remote banana republic. Fight against poverty, corruption and rebels, make your own people happy or enforce your rule through military strength. However, do not forget to set aside a few dollars for your own retirement on a swiss bank account!
TROPICO — PARADISE ISLAND
The official expansion for the original game not only brings natural disasters like tropical storms but also new tourist attractions to your island. Face the challenges of tons of new scenarios, prove yourself a worthy leader to your own people and make Tropico a paradise for wealthy visitors from overseas.
TROPICO 2 — PIRATE COVE
As a feared Pirate King, you have to keep both your buccaneers and prisoners under control and send your ships on the prowl for treasury. Apart from an entirely new setting, the official sequel to the original Tropico offers gameplay improvements, new features and scenarios.
- Includes the original Tropico, the expansion Paradise Island and Tropico 2: Pirate Cove
- Over 100 scenarios
- Random map generator for an infinite number of challenges
35. Stronghold 3 Gold
Stronghold 3: Gold is the long-awaited third installment in the award winning castle-building series. Set 10 years after the original, the Wolf it seems, has cheated death and during his painful recovery he’s become even more bitter and twisted. Now he seeks revenge. Raiding villages and towns during the dead of night, the Wolf has created a tide of panic and you and your allies are the only force that stand against him. In this stunning new update to the world’s favorite Castle Sim - will you triumph by day or die by night?Key features:
- Build and manage mighty castles with an improved building system allowing unprecedented levels of realism and intricacy
- Realistic physics and cutting-edge graphics make siege warfare more brutal than ever.
- Watch your village spring to life in an amazing depiction of medieval village life
- Story-driven gameplay engages players across two campaigns: combat or economic
- Dramatic night time sieges add a new dimension to the Stronghold franchise
- Besiege other players’ castles or defend your own in a range of action-packed online multiplayer modes
- Attack or defend accurately re-created castles from the pages of history. Will you succeed where others failed?
36. SpellForce 3
SpellForce 3 - The perfect blend between RTS and RPG!
SpellForce 3 goes back to the roots of the SpellForce saga. The story takes place before the acclaimed SpellForce: The Order of Dawn and the players becomes a part of a rich high fantasy world named Eo.Features:
- RTS/RPG Mix: Unique gameplay combining RTS and Top Down RPG genres
- Create & Customize: Create your own hero and develop his skillset as you prefer!
- Build to Fight: Build your own army and fight epic mass battles with it.
- Epic Storyline: Unravel a deep and epic story in the SpellForce universe that doesnt require having played any of the former SpellForce games. Fans will still find a lot of interesting connections.
- Rich universe & lore: Explore the world Eo and discover intrigues, secrets and a lot of loot for your hero.
- Apply some tactics: Use advance tactics with your RTS army to defeat your enemies
- Play on your own: Long Single Player Campaign of 30+ hours
- Multiplayer: Strong multiplayer component with various modes - Play cooperatively or compete against each other
37. Battle Islands
"It’s 1942, and deep in the South Pacific your platoon of crack troops lands on a tropical island, but can you defeat enemy forces and hold your ground to fight another day?
You’ll need to act quickly in this action-packed, WW2-themed battle strategy game – Control air, sea, and land forces, build your garrison, battle against friends and create powerful allegiances!
- Control troops, jeeps, tanks, boats and warplanes over air, sea, and land as you vie for superiority deep in the South Pacific
- Build and improve your military might, and use it to raid and pillage enemy islands and capture their resources
- Make sure you've a strong garrison - your enemies are itching to invade!
- Exciting Real-time strategy and combat gameplay
- Battle against friends in the fight for supremacy
IT'S TIME FOR BATTLE, SOLDIER!"
38. Blitzkrieg Anthology
Eisenhower, Rommel, Zhukov; Assume your rightful place among the great generals commanding the Allies, Germans or Soviets as they advance through the decisive battles of WWII. Blitzkrieg is the latest development in WWII real-time strategy gaming combining flexibility, historic accuracy and endless playability into one of the most challenging and enjoyable games yet!Blitzkrieg's unique and completely flexible campaign structure puts you in control of deciding how your forces will fare in each of the major engagements that comprise three central Campaigns. Hardcore vets have the option of engaging the enemy immediately in a desperate struggle for battlefield dominance, or more cautious players can choose from pre-defined or unlimited randomly generated side missions as they gain experience, promotions and weapons upgrades as well as wear down the enemy before the central conflict.Historical accuracy is pushed to the edge as each unit is endowed with the actual capabilities and characteristics that existed at the time. Details such as the thickness of a tank's armor down to the range of infantry rifles add a level of previously unprecedented realism. Each campaign has been meticulously researched to provide an accurate depiction of the battles that took place, while still maintaining the flexibility (and fun!) necessary to let you play the way you want.Two robust editors are Blitzkrieg's keys to unlocking endless game play possibilities. The Mission Editor allows you to generate and add your own missions, chapters and campaigns according to the options you want most, from level of difficulty to type of action. The Resource Editor gives you total license to redesign the game, add or modify units, characteristics, colors, textures, sounds and more - unlimited freedom to play the game on your terms.Key Features
- Flexible campaign structure that frees you from standard difficulty and level settings
- Historically accurate campaigns where you lead the Allies, Germans or Soviets through actual WWII battles in real time
- Mission and Resource editors let you create new campaigns, chapters and missions as well as completely modify the game environment and units
- Realistically rendered 3D terrain including over 350 various buildings and objects
- Command over 200 types of military vehicles and equipment and more than 40 different infantry units that interact naturally, based on their actual physical properties and characteristics.
- Build bridges, dig trenches and pits, lay mines, resupply and repair units and call in air support when needed
- Battles feature different seasons, climate zones, and weather conditions that affect game play
Categories in common with Blitzkrieg Anthology: Strategy
CRIME IS YOUR GREATEST TOOL.
In a town where anything goes, you can’t rise to the top without taking a few others down. From dodgy deals to shifty tricks, do what you gotta do to go from small-time slumlord to filthy rich tycoon.
In Constructor, you take on the role of a budding property tycoon who must do battle with your competitors to create a thriving and profitable city...in ANY way you see fit!
Design and share city maps with online multiplayer battles against up to 3 of your mates.
Build houses and factories, cope with the incessant demands of your tenants as well as keeping a whole bunch of UNDESIRABLE characters under control! This ‘colourful’ group of degenerates can also be used against the competition with humorous and catastrophic effect! If all else fails, call in the Mob…
40. Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology
Blitzkrieg II comes with tremendous focus on new strategic opportunities, global war and gritty realism of WWII battles. On the side of Soviet Armed Forces, US Army or German Wehrmacht you plan entire operations and lead your men into fierce action, choose reinforcements and use a wide range of new weapons in three full-blown campaigns that span the globe. New graphics engine and significant step over the original game get you in control of the most dramatic and bloody conflict of the past century.Real Strategy
Decide what missions to fight, accumulate and call in any type of reinforcements, capture train stations or airfields to receive more troops by railroad or get air supremacy during the entire operation. Accomplish tactical objectives and missions to support your war efforts at strategic level and ensure your combat efficiency in the decisive battles.
Promote and assign commanders to combat units to expand your tactical advantage with over 50 unique skills and real-life abilities. Order engineers to plant TNT charge and blast passing enemy units, use linked grenades for extra damage, suppress infantry with flak fire and master other combat techniques introduced in Blitzkrieg II.Real War
Philippines, Iwo Jima, Tobruk, Moscow, Stalingrad, Ardennes - fight on every major front of WWII from the heart of Europe and blistering sands of Africa to the deadly jungle isles of the Pacific. Your mission goals will vary from counter attacks and air warfare to covert operations and seashore landing onslaught.
Get access to hundreds of authentic weapons from “Satan” flame tank to Tiger II and T-35 monsters, from “Zero” fighters to V-2 ballistic missiles and 305-mm railroad guns. Make use of special forces, sappers, assault engineers and even guard dogs!
- Fight on every major front of WWII in 68 missions through 3 campaigns that span the globe!
- Plan your actions strategically, choose what missions to fight, what reinforcements to get
- Get in control of over 250 authentic WWII units and 60 types of infantry
- Open new tactics and abilities as units grow in experience
- Use structures and terrain for cover, destroy everything in your path, fight day and night under any climatic conditions on the ground, sea, and in the air!
- Experience intense WWII battles in stunning full 3D interactive environment, thanks to the advanced Enigma Engine with true Line Of Sight and Line of Fire systems
- Step, if you dare, into the fury of multiplayer action with match-making and auto-rating support at the special dedicated server
- Create war the way you want it with versatile Map and Mod editor
Categories in common with Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology: Strategy
41. Total War Battles: KINGDOM
Conquer new territories to expand your realm and defeat rival lords and other players in epic real-time battles.FEATURES
- Build and expand your Kingdom, with farms, quarries, blacksmiths and more.
- Alter the land by creating rivers, lakes and mountains.
- Command your army in large-scale battles.
- Battle other players in real-time.
- Cross-Platform - Play on Phones, Tablet and PC, whenever you want, wherever you want. Actions in your Kingdom will carry over onto any device you play on.
- From the creators of the award-winning Total War™ games.
Total War Battles: KINGDOM is free to download and play.
Additional Gold can be purchased using real money. More information on in-app purchases is available here
Mashinky is a brand new transport strategy game from Czech developer Jan Zeleny. Zooming through gorgeous landscapes, utilising a traditional isometric construction mode and mastering a unique board game-like gameplay, you'll find yourself immersed in the task of building your own transport empire.
The goal is to create your own transport empire on a procedurally generated map.
The game is a unique blend of realistic graphics combined with an isometric construction mode and boardgame-like rules.
Players start the game in control of a transport company. They must lay tracks on difficult terrain, research and buy new vehicles, manage routes and compete against economic rules to make as much profit as possible by transporting passengers and various cargos. This makes for a challenging simulation game requiring the player to consider all elements of business to be successful.
Players can switch to an isometric construction mode inspired by the very best strategy classics. This is a grid based map where every change of traffic layout is a rewarding puzzle. You can build simple tracks connecting just two stations, or design sophisticated networks using junctions and signals to maximize efficiency and performance.
As the game progresses, you’ll need to extend and customize your transport empire. You can upgrade industry buildings, stations and depots in various ways, and improve your trains using new engines and special wagons. Each upgrade offers a unique bonus; greater capacity, new processing rules and even new cargo types. Players can develop their own strategy to suit best the network they're building.
With the innovative viewing modes, you can ride one of your trains or watch the operation of the network you have built. You can exit construction mode at any time to dive back into the beautiful landscapes and detailing of the 3D world. You can see your track network from a different perspective, or even jump into one of your train and enjoy the ride.
You’ll progress from the Age of Steam through the modern world and into the future. You’ll encounter new industries and vehicles in each era. Villages will grow to become cities, new infrastructure and upgrades will become available. It is up to you how you use these new features to build your transport empire. From humble beginnings, you’ll build a vast transport network using everything from steam power to maglev technology, moving cargo from coal and wood to electronics and superconductors
43. American Conquest
American Conquest – Players set sail from Europe to discover new world and conquer its innumerable riches. The game begins in 1492, when Columbus lands in the Caribbean beginning three centuries of war as 12 different tribes and nations battle for survival and conquest. In eight historical campaigns spanning 42 missions you will play the role of great legends such as Pizarro and Washington commanding epic real-time battles containing up to 16000 soldiers on 3D landscapes. Harness new technologies, unique weaponry, improved fighting units, and the delicate world of diplomacy. Play with fire! Conquer America!Key features:
- Epic real-time strategy with historical background
- Captivating real-time battles with up to 16,000 units
- Covers the era between 1492 and 1813
- 42 versatile missions in 8 thrilling campaigns e.g. Pizarro's Expedition, the War of Tecumseh, the Seven Years War, the American War of Independence
- 6 historical battles in multiplayer mode
- 9 separate single player missions
- 12 different nations and tribes: Spain, England, France, Aztecs, Incas, Mayas, Sioux, Delaware, Huron, Iroquois League, Pueblos, USA
- Over 100 different units and 106 buildings
- Tactical formations for infantry, cavalry and artillery using officers, drummers and standard bearers
- Realistic artillery effects, including gunner squadrons transporting and loading canon, as well as detonating canon balls
- Fighting morale is influenced by victories, defeats, food supplies, equipment and mercenary pay
- Apart from wide range attacks, all shooting units can fight with swords and knives (Cold Steel Attack)
- All buildings can be attacked, occupied and defended by troops
- Fortresses, forts and log cabins provide defensive advantages; units can also be accommodated and trained there
- Map scaling provides an extensive overview of the fighting action through a unique zoom perspective
- Huge maps (30x20 screens, 1024x768 pixels) and fascinating landscapes in four different climatic zones
- Detailed animation of all movements, including loading weapons
- Intricate diplomacy system allows players to build alliances with neutral tribes to trade for warriors and raw materials
- Natural environment can be used strategically: caves as hiding places or ambush starting points, hills extend the shooting range
- Multiplayer mode for up to 7 players via LAN or the Internet: Deathmatch, historical battles, automatic championship system and global rating system, War For America
- Detailed random maps in various sizes and with multiple settings for unlimited gaming fun
Categories in common with American Conquest: Strategy
44. Knights of Honor
As King, it is your duty to lead your people in their struggle to raise your kingdom from its humble beginnings to a position of power and prestige. War, diplomacy and a burgeoning economy are the means by which you increase your power and expand your influence. A unique Knight-management system will offer you brand new possibilities to enhance your personal strategy.
- Loyal knights blessed with special skills stand true at your side. Use them wisely in the military, the administration of your lands and in diplomacy, and then use their hard-won experience to further develop their talents as you see fit.
- Astute development of your estates and castles both satisfies your people and secures you decided strategic advantages. A suitable infrastructure can soon promote a flourishing economy. Exotic resources and relicts are spread over the game world and will reward your complete kingdom with special amenities.
- Lead your hand picked troops into battle and conquer enemy realms. Storm massive fortresses or lay siege to them and starve your enemies out or even poison the water. Defend your own realms against invading forces and use your tactical skills wisely.
- Use your feel for diplomacy when concluding trade agreements or entering into military alliances. Choose husbands for your daughters wisely, consolidating your power through marriage. Be ever on the watch for assassins and spies - and do not get caught yourself.
Categories in common with Knights of Honor: Strategy
45. Anno Online
Anno Online upholds the traditional in-depth economics that are the hallmarks of the award-winning Anno franchise.
The key element of the game is the player’s main island, where the foundations of your commercial empire will be set. By satisfying the needs of your population, constructing new buildings and managing the production, you will unlock new buildings and face new challenges as your population’s demands and consumption habits evolve. Soon, one island won’t be enough to satisfy all their needs and you’ll have to discover and claim additional islands and connect them via ship trading routes to your main island. For the first time in the Anno series, players have the opportunity to be part of a giant empire and get organized in powerful guilds to work towards joint goals and server-wide quests. A key element is the trade of goods with other players creating a social environment of continuous player-to-player interaction for the first time within this traditional franchise.
46. The Settlers Online
Inspire and lead your settlers, gather resources, construct houses, and expand your kingdom in The Settlers Online.
The Settlers Online combines popular gameplay elements with brand new additions and improvements. Seize territory and explore in a gaming experience built for everyone to enjoy, from ‘The Settlers’ newbies to old-school gamers. Build your city brick by brick, and lead it to glorious prosperity! It takes a great leader to build a great city, and you'll have to optimize your production chains and lay out the perfect infrastructure. Don’t worry though, as guides and guilds will help you along the way, and also provide higher level challenges of increasing importance, as you establish your reign in the realm!
47. 8-Bit Armies
A Blast From the Past!
8-Bit Armies is a retro Real-Time Strategy game for the PC. With a colorful, blocky voxel art style, 8-Bit Armies is Petroglyph's most fast-paced, friendly, and accessible RTS game to date. Collect resources, build up and defend your base, amass your army of military units, and ultimately crush your opponents! 8-Bit Armies features offline single-player missions, two-player cooperative missions, AI skirmish mode, and Player-vs-Player Multiplayer modes running on dedicated game servers.
Initial release includes:
- 25 offline campaign missions
- 12 co-op missions to play with your friends
- 10 multiplayer/skirmish maps that support up to 8 players online
- AI with multiple difficulty options to play with cooperatively or fight against
- Classic Base-Building mechanics let you construct the ultimate HQ from which to launch attacks against your foes
- Destructible environments on maps ranging from small to very large
- Easy to understand modern military units and structures lets RTS beginners jump right in
- From the same team that brought you RTS classics such as Star Wars: Empire at War, Universe at War, and Grey Goo
8-Bit Armies is for anyone that enjoys RTS games, or felt overwhelmed by more serious games. With hours of solo and co-op gameplay included, there's something here for everyone!More reviews from game journalists...
"Its biggest offering to the RTS genre is its brilliant retro design and vivid, colourful graphics coupled with easy-to-learn gameplay. For those intimidated by the complexity of RTS games, 8-Bit Armies is a great place to start."
"Simple and balanced game play make 8-bit Armies an indie game gem! I wasn’t kidding when I said that I can’t stop playing this game, it is that good!"
- Just Press Start
"I love the the game, and it is definitely worth buying." and... "It's a fun, fun game and I'm absolutely, absolutely loving it!"
- Worth A Buy (YouTube)
48. Wild Terra Online
Wild Terra Online is a massively multiplayer life simulator in a fully player-driven medieval world.
Here everyone will find an occupation that appeals to one’s soul: world exploration, hunting, crafting, home decorating, fights and castle sieges.
Start as a survivor - become a medieval king!
- Huge open world based on a realistic medieval Europe.
- Explore a world that is completely created and driven by players. There are no pre-built castles, NPCs, or quests in the game. Only players themselves are able to build roads, cut down forests, found new towns … shape the server as they want!
- Open world with the possibility to build wherever you want. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a campfire for one night or eventually an entire castle!
- Deep crafting system with different professions to indulge in: agriculture, animal husbandry, cooking, smithing, and more. There are lots of resources to gather and recipes to learn.
- Success in PvP depends on tactics and a player’s skill. Having a high level and upgraded equipment does not always guarantee a win. Wise usage of advantages such terrain and choice of one’s equipment are also keys to winning fights.
- Servers for those interested in hardcore survival with full loot drop on death, destructible buildings, and PvP. There are also quiet servers for those who prefer a calm atmosphere and a non-PvP experience.
49. Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
Sail the rough seas with your tall ship and loyal crew of vicious cutthroats and fierce corsairs. Build up your fleet and capture and rule colonies to become the mightiest pirate of them all!
Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales is a naval game devoted to pirate adventures on the Caribbean seas of the 17th century, aiming to be the ultimate pirate simulation. Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales models all the details of a sword swinging pirate's life and misses no part of his everyday adventures. Taking the role of reckless fortune-hunter Blaze or redheaded daredevil Beatrice – you will navigate your sailor in the original seas of the Caribbean, trade multiple goods, plunder merchant convoys, accomplish quests, build up your fleet, capture and rule colonies and much more. In addition, the game can be played in third person perspective, allowing you to walk through your colonies or fight with your own sword, side by side with your crew, and challenge every other captain on the sea!
- Develop your captain's skills, muster your crew, battle fierce enemies, and gain treasure and fame!
- Fight epic naval battles with a squadron of up to 4 vessels and 16 different sailing ships with upgradeable features
- Exciting weather conditions with devastating storms in full day and night cycles
- Hone your fighting skills with both swords and guns, trade with merchants, and solve challenging quests to make your fortune
- Conquer and manage colonies, construct town buildings and improve your defenses
- Join multiplayer battles with up to 16 opponents in four multiplayer modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Defend the Convoy and Capture the Fort
50. The Entente Gold
On June 28, 1914 in the center of Saraevo Gavrilo Princip shot Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife. Those shots began one of the bloodiest wars in the history of mankind the First World War. For four long years the earth trembled from gun explosions, the air was whistling with bullets and the sky was covered with smoke and ashes. It was the first war with such amount of troops to take part in it and with military operations going on earth, in the skies and seas, even under the water. Weapons of mass destruction were used for the first time.
The Entente WWI Battlefields gives a chance to see it with your own eyes and try to change the history. Choosing one of five available countries of this real time strategy game (France, Germany, Russia, Austro-Hungary, England) players get under command troops with various units starting from infantry and cavalry and ending with battleships. All units were made true from historical point of view by using archive documents and photos. Every nation has its own features, which allow you to use strengths and weaknesses of troops from different states.
Economic and military advisors are present in the game to facilitate control over economic and military development. Advisors assist in upgrades, obtaining resources and producing units. There are more than 1000 structures on the map and 80000 units, 3D sound and full encyclopedia of armament that give a chance to feel like high military commander entrusted with the fate of the nations.
• One of the first games based on actual events of the WW I
• Massive battles (up to 10,000 units can take part in a battle from each side!)
• Non-linear mission structure and authentic historical battles
• Various types weaponry, armor, vehicles, buildings from that period, which are unique for each nation
• Entente Gold includes two new campaigns with 7 missions each, map and missions editor.
Categories in common with The Entente Gold: Strategy