The best games like SteamWorld Dig are:
- arrow_rightPapers, Please
- arrow_rightDivinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
- arrow_rightDivinity: Original Sin 2
- arrow_rightCrypt of the NecroDancer
- arrow_rightHyper Light Drifter
- arrow_rightDungeon Defenders
- arrow_rightDungeon of the Endless
- arrow_rightTowerFall Ascension
100 Best Games Like SteamWorld Dig:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (47)
- PlayStation 4 (54)
- iOS (50)
- Android (32)
- macOS (100)
- Linux (88)
- Nintendo Switch (44)
- Nintendo 3DS (7)
- Nintendo DS (3)
- Xbox 360 (13)
- Xbox (3)
- PlayStation 3 (24)
- PlayStation 2 (4)
- PlayStation (9)
- PS Vita (16)
- PSP (4)
- Wii U (11)
- Wii (8)
- GameCube (3)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (4)
- SNES (5)
- NES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (1)
- Apple II (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (6)
- Atari ST (5)
- Atari Lynx (1)
- Genesis (3)
- SEGA Saturn (4)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- SEGA Master System (2)
- Dreamcast (1)
- Game Gear (3)
1. Papers, Please
The creator of the game often travelled through Asia and made the observation that the work of an immigration officer checking documents for entry is simultaneously very monotonous and very responsible. The game reproduces this work - but scammers and unusual situations occur in it much more often than in reality. The task of the player-officer is not to make a mistake, not to let an unwanted guest into the country. He has power, directories, translucent devices, etc., but experienced masters of deception and fraud act against him. The task of the player is complicated by the fact that his country is like all the paranoid dictatorships at the same time. This country fears a lot, seeks to control everything and periodically generates various rules. The game has a lot of humour, a lot of exciting puzzles and unexpected twists, including shooting. The visual and musical design of the game reflects the bizarre world of stupid rules, constant fear and mutual distrust.
2. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
In the fantasy world of the game, there is a confrontation between the Order of the Sourcerers, the adepts of the magic of the "Source" and the Order of Source Hunters. Hunters believe that the Source's magic is dangerous and consider it their duty to destroy it.
At the beginning of the game, two characters are created, which the player will control. You can choose the gender, appearance, features and skills of the characters.
The game world is totally interactive. Almost all items can be transferred. For example, to make a barricade of them at the entrance. You can create strong combinations of objects. For example, tie a knife to a broomstick and get a spear.
In the game world, much is connected. If the enemy is wet, it will be harder to defeat him with a fiery spell. The player's actions also do not remain without consequences, especially immoral, such as looting and murder.
Between the characters is a dialogue. If it concerns a joint action, but the characters can not agree, the game itself will decide for them. It is interesting that the relationship in this pair can also develop in a romantic direction.
3. Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Divine is dead. The Void approaches. And the powers latent within you are soon to awaken. The battle for Divinity has begun. Choose wisely and trust sparingly; darkness lurks within every heart.
Who will you be? A flesh-eating elf; an imperial lizard; an undead risen from the grave? Choose your race and origin story - or create your own! Discover how the world reacts differently to who - and what - you are.It’s time for a new Divinity!
Gather your party and develop relationships with your companions. Blast your opponents in deep tactical turn-based combat. Use the environment as a weapon, use height to your advantage, and manipulate the elements.Ascend as the god that Rivellon so desperately needs.
Explore the vast and layered world of Rivellon alone or with up to 4 players in drop-in/drop-out co-operative play. Go anywhere, kill anyone, and explore endless ways to interact with the world. Continue to play in the brand-new PvP and Game Master modes.
Choose your race and origin. or create your own as a Human, Lizard, Elf, Dwarf, or Undead. The world reacts to who you are, and what you’ve done. Every choice will have a consequence.
Unlimited freedom to explore and experiment. Go anywhere, talk to anyone, and interact with everything! Every NPC can be killed, and every animal spoken to! Even ghosts hold a few secrets or two…
The next generation of turn-based combat. Revamped action point system, AI 2.0., new elemental combos, over 200 skills, height advantage… and much, much more.
Up to 4 player online and split-screen multiplayer. Choose one of the 6 pre-made characters or create your own. Play with your friends online or in local split-screen with full controller support.
Game Master Mode: Take your imagination to the next level and craft your own stories with the Game Master mode. Download fan-made campaigns and mods from Steam Workshop.
4. Crypt of the NecroDancer
Crypt of the NecroDancer is an indie roguelike game developed by Brace Yourself Games.
You control Cadence, who looks for her missing father. During the search, she falls into a crypt, where the NecroDancer steals Cadence's heart. Cadence can't do anything without following the music's beat and has to find both her heart and her father.
Crypt of the NecroDancer can be played with a dance pad, a gamepad or a keyboard. Having the Protagonists able to do anything only as the music beats makes the Crypt of the NecroDancer a rhythm roguelike game. Movement, attacking and using your items has to be planned in advance, as the player can't do anything between the beats. If the player misses the beat, no actual harm to the character is done, yet the scoring multiplier resets. The players set out to explore a procedurally generated underground dungeon.
The players can find new weapons, items, and equipment during the exploration of the dungeon. Your inventory is managed by the game. As in most roguelike games, your inventory is lost on death, yet any diamonds the players find still persists. On death, the players return to a game lobby, where they can buy permanent upgrades.
5. Hyper Light Drifter
Hyper Light Drifter is a Kickstarter-funded 2D game with a high focus on resource-management and nostalgic vibes. It is the only game of its sort — no Hyper Light Drifter series exists. The title has been initially released for PCs, after half a year it has been ported to the consoles and in 2018 the Switch version сame to life. The developers position their title as a tribute to The Legend of Zelda and Diablo series. Among the sources of inspiration are also Studio Ghibli cartoons.
Hyper Light Drifter follows a story of Drifter, who controls a sword composed of technological achievements not yet known to the world game resembles. The point of the protagonist's adventures is to find a cure to the strange disease no one knows how to heal.
The central Drifter's weapon is an Energy Sword. The resource-management part comes in handy when the player is up to charge their sword and long-ranged weapons: must they not find an energy supply within the world, but should they hit the enemies to gain power from them.
6. Dungeon Defenders
Dungeon Defenders is a multiplayer Tower Defence/Action RPG hybrid game developed by Trendy Entertainment.
Once upon a time, a battle with the forces of evil came to Etheria. Titans known as the Old Ones were defeated with their power being locked away inside Eternia Crystals. Bored apprentices decide to play with the Crystals and unleash the evil forces once again.
The game currently has 12 different classes to choose from. Each class has a unique playstyle. For example, the Adept is a good tower character while the Countess is a tank.
The players have to fight off the hordes of enemies. In order to do it, the players have to build up defenses which are different for each class. Players can also upgrade their equipment and get new weapons and armor. It is also possible to summon a personal pet which grants a buff to characters abilities and can repair the defenses.
Every game mode is playable in both multiplayer and singleplayer, yet some events are online-only.
7. Dungeon of the Endless
Dungeon of the Endless is a tower defense game and the third in the series which includes Endless Space and Endless Legend. The game plot is about a prison spaceship which escape pod had crashed in the alien planet. The player controls survivors from that ship, who have to escape the multi-layered structure in the strange planet by taking an energy crystal through several floors filled with angry creatures. There are randomly generated levels in the game in which the player has not only to explore but also to collect resources in order to enable power to various rooms and turrets to divert attention of enemies in order to move the crystal from the starting point of the level into the elevator to the next floor.
In each level of the game the player has to choose two characters who are different in their stats such as health, attack, defense power and movement speed. The player has the option to either control one of two selected characters separately or in tandem.
8. TowerFall Ascension
TowerFall is an indie action-game with focus on local multiplayer. It was initially developed as an exclusive for OUYA microconsole and was later ported on other systems as TowerFall Ascension. The gameplay represents an arcade-style fighting arena where four people combat each other to score points in a series of rounds. There are for several characters to choose from in the game. Every one of them has two main ways of killing opponents: bow and stomping. Every player starts with only 3 arrows which, after being shot, can be picked from the spot where they fell. The player can also jump on each other in retro-platformer style. The arenas exit is connected with exits on the opposite side of the map, so if the player falls down the pit, he immediately appears from the top of the arena. There also several powerups that can be found in treasure chest scattered across the map.
The Ascension version of the game also features single-player mode in which player has to kill waves of enemies on the arena. It has no story whatsoever and is more like a series of challenges with different monsters, powerups and unique peculiarities on locations.
Armello is a digital role-playing tabletop game developed by an indie Australian studios League of Geeks. It is the debut project of the game.
The game is set in a “dark fairytale” kingdom of Armello, where the anthropomorphic animals from many clans live. The king has gone crazy and is slowly dying because of the dark force named the Rot. The representatives of several factions come to the kingdom's capital to become the new king. Four characters are present at the beginning of the game: Tane the wolf, Amber the rabbit, Mercurio the rat, and Sanah, the bear.
Armello is a digital remake of a traditional fantasy tabletop role-playing game in which there are rolling dice and cards, that allows the players to execute certain actions. The gaming area is divided into hexagonal plates, that contain procedurally generated features like caves, buildings, other characters or pieces of equipment. As the game progresses, the players can buy in-game currency to purchase special abilities using the skill tree, that is unique to every character.
The game uses a turn-based system, where the players can equip new items or acquire new skills while the other players make their turn. The cards and dice are used only when the players directly interact with the in-game world. The players use cards for casting spells, hiring teammates, treating wounds or using the special items that grant temporary abilities.
10. Chroma Squad
Chroma Squad is a tactical role-playing video game. The game is influenced by tokusatsu TV shows, particularly the Super Sentai and Power Rangers.
The genre of tokusatsu TV shows is briefly defined as “a fantastic movie with special effects about superheroes”. It originated in the 50s and exists primarily in the form of serials, rather than individual films.
The tokusatsu genre is characterized by a story about one or more heroes endowed with superpowers - technological or magical.
A hero or heroes use their forces, ordinary and unusual, to battle with various evil forces — aliens, terrorists, monsters from the depths of the ocean, demons, and so on.
Battles with enemies are abundantly present on the screen, filled with numerous special effects.
The game has a team of stunt actors who have ceased to like their work and they decide to create their own company that will shoot TV shows in the genre of tokusatsu.
When the company is founded, the player must find the actors and conclude contracts with them. For each actor a separate contract is drawn up with special conditions, in accordance with their roles in the team.
The action in the game develops from episode to episode, each episode of the game corresponds to one episode of the series, which the company produces. And in the episodes of the series, the heroes fight with the villains, sometimes other characters adjoin the villains.
The series is shown on TV. He collects a certain audience, gaining (or not gaining) rating. Receipts in the company depend on these indicators. Money is needed for the company to maintain and develop activities.
The episodes are grouped into seasons, and if the company for one reason or another fails to finish the season, the game ends.
Hammerwatch is a fast-paced hack and slash adventure game. It can be played alone or with friends, up to three people.
Ancient and mysterious Castle Hammerwatch, where a group of characters fight their way from floor to floor, to the very top of the castle. Thousands of monsters prevent the heroes from passing this path. Numerous puzzles require the heroes to find a solution. Secrets are waiting to be discovered. The ancient dragon awaits the heroes at the top. Heroes must not only kill the dragon, but also come back together.
The game includes a level editor which lets you build your own adventures or play levels created by other players.
12. Sacred Citadel
A warrior, an archer, a sorceress and a witch are fighting with crowds of monsters, mining armor, weapons, money, potions and so on. Eatable things will also come in handy - from their absorption health is restored, which is very necessary in battles. Useful things meet abundantly, their qualities are diverse, and they have a stable demand - you can sell or change them for something else in the city. The city is present at each of the levels of the game. In the city you can even play on the sweepstakes - to bet on yourself. For example, that you will never be killed, do not suffer damage more than the specified amount, or perform the task strictly up to a certain time. Heroes of the game are skilled in battles - they can even hold several different weapons in the same hand, summing their effects in one stroke. As you progress, the characters gain experience. With experience comes skill. If the experience is not enough, you can always recruit more, having passed any level repeatedly.
13. The Swindle
All the buildings you’ll be robbing are randomly-generated, so you’ll never get the same level twice.
Meanwhile, from the safety of your rickety airship up in Outer Space, you can modify your thief with new skills, tools, and all manner of advanced technological horrors, allowing you to take on bigger buildings with better security, for gargantuan rewards!
Have you got what it takes to pull off The Swindle?
> London, 1849_
> In 100 days, Scotland Yard will activate their breakthrough Artificial Intelligence technology,
> codenamed "The Devil's Basilisk"_
> Its surveillance capabilities will be total. If the project is completed,
> your career as a master burglar will be untenable_
> Steal it, before that can happen_
14. Tooth and Tail
Lead the revolution with an army of flamethrowing Boars, mustard gas-lobbing Skunks, and paratrooper-puking Owls. Tooth and Tail is a Real-Time-Strategy game featuring Single Player, Online Competitive Play, Split Screen, Replays, and more.
Build a base, lead your army, eat your enemies!The War for MeatThe Longcoats, the Commonfolk, the KSR, and the Civilized are in the midst of a Civil War over who gets to eat, and who has to be the meat. A darkly humorous tale of riots and revolution is told through an extensive Single Player campaign.Endless ReplayabilityWith procedurally generated maps and customizable factions, no two conflicts will be the same, forcing players to strategize rather than memorize.Pick-up-and-PlayWith matches lasting from 5-12 minutes, controls designed specifically for the gamepad, and split-screen couch play, Tooth and Tail is a popcorn RTS for veterans and newcomers alike.
15. Gear Up
Gear Up is an MMO-oriented vehicular combat game. The player creates a battle robot and challenges other players' robots to a fight in an arena. The game features arcade action and simple WASD controls as well as many customization options.
The game includes three multiplayer modes. The first two offer traditional deathmatches and team deathmatches for teams of up to eight players, typical for most online shooters. There's also a Conquest mode, which is an updated version of Capture the flag. In this mode, the teams compete over control of a radio antenna. There's also a single player mode in which the player can compete against the AI-controlled bots. This mode, however, is only meant as a practice, as the bots are very weak and predictable.
Customizing your robot is the main focus of Gear Up. Before entering a battle, the player decides what weapons and movement gear the robot will use. The player can equip his or her robot with legs or wheels, melee or ranged weapons, as well as skills like invisibility or wall climbing. The game offers a roster of 116 parts, however, because of the game's free-to-play model, some of them can only be unlocked by purchasing.
The improvements are not perfectly balanced, and there are the obviously superior combinations that most players prefer. For example, robots with melee weapons, such as a chainsaw, usually have little chances against their enemies equipped with firearms.
16. The Adventures of Shuggy
The Adventures of Shuggy is a 2D platformer game with a heavy emphasis on puzzle solving.
Plot and setting
The player controls Shuggy, a vampire that inherits a mansion in Scottland from his grandmother. However, Shuggy finds out that the mansion is filled with hostile creatures so now he must vanish them from every room in the mansion. The levels are divided into five areas of the mansion: The Dungeon, The Boiler Room, The Gallery, The Graveyard and The Clocktower.
The game consists of more than 100 levels. The goal of each level is to collect every gem in the room to get a key that unlocks the next one.
Player's movements consist of walking and jumping. However, most levels incorporate unique mechanics that alter the playstyle and give Shuggy special abilities. Some rooms change the gravity; some give the player the ability to fly, swing on ropes. Some rooms incorporate blocks-based puzzles, teleportation spots, allow Shuggy to change his size and many more. Most levels are comparatively small and consist of one screen.
The game also offers a multiplayer mode. It can both be played online or locally. There are 36 level available for multiplayer and two modes: cooperative, where players have to work together to complete the level, and competitive, where players complete levels to earn squares on tic-tac-toe playfield.
17. Bloodbath Kavkaz
DESCRIPTIONBloodbath Kavkaz is an action-packed Top-Down Action based around russian culture, telling the story of Caucasian ex-killer named Shamil Rakhmanov. After a car crash Shamil gets in the hands of a mysterious stranger, who offers him a deal he can't refuse. Shamil must find and kill the leader of Moscow criminal syndicate, who is called Jafar, before the sunrise, or else he will die. Being desperate, Shamil starts his blood-filled way into the depths of Moscow night, where he will meet all the horrors of russian modern culture and solve the great conspiracy.
Violent shootouts, slo-mo, thrilling non-linear story and stale shawarma – all of that await you in Bloodbath Kavkaz. Drink yazhka, break doors down, kill the unfaithful, nothing stops you in that game.FEATURES
- Maymays - The game has countless of references to the modern media-culture.
- Awesome soundtrack – a mix of 80's techno and azerbaijani lezghinka will not leave you disappointed.
- Dynamic gunplay – camera is always moving in combat. Various visual effects also help to feel the dynamic of the game.
- Slow-motion will allow you to look at every detail in the heat of combat.
- Hardcore gameplay – Bloodbath Kavkaz is a real challenge for an unprepared player.
- Thrilling and non-linear plot – extraordinary story about ex-killer who is forced to return to his job to save his life, as well as lives of many Moscow citizens.
- Spectacular design – retro-styled graphics inspired by the nostalgia for 2000's games.
- Interactivity – you would find a lot of usable objects and side-NPCs whom you can interact with.
- Various combat styles – you can kill lots of enemies with a single shot in an explosive barrel, or you can destroy a pipe with hot water to stun enemies near it, or you can break a switchboard which will turn the lights off, so the enemy will be completely disoriented, or you can just run and break through doors with what's left of your enemies. Possibilities are endless.
- Level editor – you can create any game location by yourself.
18. Bionic Dues
Bionic Dues is a futuristic game where you have to prepare your defenses before the rise of the machines.
The game is set somewhere in the future, just a few weeks before a robots' rebellion. Rogue machines are about to wipe out a city of 12 million people. The defenders have only 50 days left to prepare before the final battle begins. The protagonist is a pilot who drives Exos, the game's equivalent of mechas.
The player controls a group of four Exos. Their movements and attacks are turn-based. During the 50-days period, the player has to gather details and HPs to upgrade his or her Exos, explore the map, prepare defenses, and set traps. On the final day, the player's preparations will be tested by the enemy invasion. Preparation is everything in this game. Stealth and tactical use of the environment are also important since Exos often cannot withstand against a horde of enemies in an open battle.
Like many roguelike games, Bionic Dues is unforgiving. It uses trial and error gameplay model so that the player usually has to fail many times before he or she can succeed. However, there are six difficulty levels that make it more tolerable for less experienced players.
Bionic Dues' visuals are minimalistic, cold and "robotic", complete with "mechanical" voices and high-tech unit design. It presents the player with a top-down view of the map that looks almost like a circuit board.
19. Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians is a rhythm-adventure centered around following the beat while traveling through levels. Its developer is Threaks, indie studios specializing on a single-title IPs. The game's universe includes one more title: Beatbuddy: On Tour, featuring the same world, but different beats and levels.
The plot follows no cliffhangers or dramatic turns of events. The story is about trying to save the Music from Maestro Prince, wanting to destroy all beats in the universe. Throughout the game, the player encounters NPC and bosses, all of them needs to be destroyed along with elegant beats.
The gameplay includes typical platforming and adventure section — most of the time the players float around the six worlds, with each of them divided into five parts and collects beat parts. One of the exciting features is the unique musical theme to each main character: given the soundtrack composed out of different tunes, it is a remarkable highlight.
20. Extreme Exorcism
Extreme Exorcism is a paranormal platformer where every move you make comes back to haunt you.
Take on the role of Mae Barrons; an Extreme Exorcist with extreme measures. Her supernatural skills are called upon when everything and everyone else has failed to rid a haunted house of its ghostly presence.
Conventional methods won’t cut it with these ghosts. Instead, Mae comes armed with a deadly arsenal of ghost-busting weapons, from rocket launchers to razor sharp boomerangs.
But these aren’t your average poltergeists. At the end of each round, a ghost appears and mimics your every move from the round before. The longer you survive the more extreme the game becomes.
Engage in non-stop ghost annihilation in 10 eerie areas of the haunted house – each room presenting its own hellish hazard. Brave the winds on the balcony and the fire in the kitchen, surviving for as long as you can.
With a devilish local multiplayer – you can play co-op or deathmatch modes with up to 3 of your friends, and with 50 unique challenges even the most daring Extreme Exorcist will be put to the test.
21. Rampage Knights
Rampage Knights is a cooperative beat 'em up game mixed up with randomized dungeon crawling and exploration which you can play alone or with a friend online.
You play as a hero trapped by a spell in a magical forest. All paths lead you to a nearby ruined castle, infested with goblins, skeletons and other foul creatures. Gear up with awesome and ridiculous weapons and spells and descend into the deep labyrinth below the ruin to face its sinister master!
Try to get as far as possible in a dungeon with randomized items, spells, traps and encounters. Your hero is upgraded along the way (both visually and gameplay-wise) as you find better weapons, items, magic powers and fight harder and harder monsters.
The main features:
- Frenetic action inspired by Golden Axe and Binding of Isaac
- Singleplayer campaign or co-op for two players (online and local)
- Randomly generated environments with rogue-like elements
- Hero visually evolving with new abilities
- Dozens of spells and weapons with game changing properties
- Long term progress with new classes and features to unlock
- Full controller support
- Mighty foot included!
So what do you say? Are you ready to start the rampage?
Halfway is a turn-based strategy RPG taking place a few hundred years into the future. Humanity has begun to colonise new worlds and until now, they were alone…
In Halfway you take control of a small team of survivors faced with a violent invasion onboard the colonial vessel Goliath. As their leader you will guide them through the dark and cramped corridors of the ship to slowly take back control.
If you have any hope of surviving, you’ll have to fight, face your fears and outsmart the enemy!
- Tactical turn-based battles are at the core of Halfway. Use cover, position, equipment and skills to your advantage in your battles.
- Unique characters: Your team is formed of unique characters you pick up along the way. Each one of them brings their own story, skills and experiences to the journey.
- Find yourself in the middle of an engrossing story-line. Step by step you’ll uncover the mysterious events that took place and what it means for you and all of humanity.
- Immerse yourself in 10-14 hours of gameplay in a beautiful pixel art environment with a lovely atmospheric soundtrack by Gavin Harrison
- Modding: Map Editor and full Steam Workshop support for your own custom campaigns and missions
Platformines is a unique 2D platformer packed with exploration, RPG and shooter elements, set in a vast 16-bit underground world. In their quest to rebuild their spaceship, players will embark on a journey to discover the mysteries of a gigantic complex of mines. Deadly enemies, traps and treasures are just a few to mention from what players will encounter while trying to escape from the hostile world. Customise your character, master all difficulty levels and literally jump to the top of the leaderboards to prove your skills!Limitless Gameplay:
- An infinite number of randomly generated worlds to explore each one with its own configuration of traps and enemies!
- Unstoppable old-school action with 3 different difficulty levels to master!
- Discover hidden chests or just…loot your enemies in order to get tons of items and upgrades!
- Build your character choosing from countless customization options
- Additional in-game fancy items, like hats & wigs, for even further customisation
- Retro gaming experience with 16-bit graphics & reinvented classical music
- Simple classic mechanics for immediate fun; jump and slash!
- Prove your skills and climb to the top of the leaderboards!
24. A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda
You are Ares, the first Zytron immune robot. A symbol of how far human technology has come, you are the most advanced robot in existence; built to run faster, jump higher, and fire quicker. In addition to these core attributes, your design includes a system for converting spare parts and resources into valuable items, armor, and weaponry. You will need to use everything at your disposal in order to reach and rescue the survivors aboard the Zytron infected space station.
- Play through various locations in the A.R.E.S. universe, each a beautiful, unique, 3D environment with challenging obstacles.
- You are the ultimate weapon with the ultimate sidekick – Collect the secret items and get power up to become a perfect weapon.
- Come face to face with colossal opponents, learn their patterns to defeat them in battle.
- Destroy enemies, collect their parts, and then recycle them to make incredible items, including health packs, ammo, and weapon upgrades.
25. SINNER: Sacrifice for Redemption
Rise from the depths a crumbling kingdom and to the challenge of defeating increasingly difficult demonic bosses. Choose aspects of yourself to weaken before defeating the avatars of Sin in the action-RPG Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption. Inspired by classic boss-battlers and modern skill-based action RPGs, with a dash of gothic anime styling and horror storytelling, Sinner promises a thrilling and bone-chilling experience.
A lone warrior stands on a strange shore, his mind clouded and his past forgotten, but an unstoppable force drives him on. He is Adam, guilty of a great sin and drawn to this place by powers as secret as they are terrifying. As his home, the Kingdom of Cavanis, languishes in blasphemy, Adam must face a series of trials in a desperate quest for redemption.Game FeaturesChallenge yourself against eight distinct, brutal bosses
Sacrifice strength and stats in Sinner’s “level-down” gameplay
Equip a plethora of unlockable weapons and items to adapt to your weaknesses
Master Sinner’s hard-but-fair combat
Bring peace to a tortured soul in a dark and harrowing tale with multiple endings
Take on new challenges in a variety of game modes for replayability
26. Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten DX
Defender's Quest is a Tower-Defense/RPG Hybrid that focuses on tactical depth, customization, and story. That means no random encounters, no spikey-haired emo kids, no forced time sinks, and no tedious, repetitive battles.
The battle system builds off of tower defense, with individual characters taking the place of towers. Each character levels-up, learns skills, and equips gear individually, allowing the player to customize their battle experience and strategy. The overall game structure is similar to 'tactical' RPG's, but with a real-time battle system. Game speed is adjustable, and commands can even be issued while the game is paused.
It also features an engaging, character-driven story written by an actual English major! The story strives to be fast-paced, snappy, and always relevant to gameplay with minimal exposition. Finally, it's got options and accessibility settings out the wazoo, so that you can have the best possible experience!
Remote Play requires PS Vita system and sufficiently robust Wi-Fi connection.
350MB minimum save size
Defender's Quest, Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten, and the Defender's Quest logo are registered trademarks of Level Up Labs, LLC
27. Final Exam
Jump into the frenzied action and the whacky humor of a pure 2.5D side-scroller!
While they were going to their old high school for what was supposed to be the party of their life, four long-time friends end up in a ghost town full of monstrous creatures.
Alone or in cooperative mode (4 players online and 2 in local play), survive hordes of monsters ready to skin you alive and achieve unique and varied objectives throughout huge and non-linear levels. Choose your character, knock out high-scores and thoroughly explore each stage to gain experience and reach higher levels. Find new weapons, improve your skills, unlock new special moves and devastating powers… and achieve increasingly impressive combos to outdo your friends' high-scores.
28. Jets'n'Guns Gold
Jets'n'Guns is a heavy piece of ground shaking rock blasting action with graphics and special effects that will blow you eyes out! Enjoy yourself in almost-insane action adventure of saving the universe from the deadly threat of more than 270 unique monsters in the campaign of 43 levels. Stand as one-against-many armed with tons of different weapons of a devastating armament fitted into one of the awesome spaceships.
- 43 levels full of thrilling action, shooting and demolition
- more than 270 unique enemies including 16 boss monsters
- 70 different weapons
- upgrade your ship with 20 special devices
- superior graphic and particle effects enhancing the destruction
- more than one hour of breathtaking original soundtrack
- new scenario in every level (deep space, jungle, undersea, lava planet...)
- fly in 12 different vessels, even in a horrible boss ship
- combination of weapons give hundreds of possibilities how to equip your ship
- sounds and sound-effects just like from a Hollywood movie
29. Dungeon Souls
Dungeon Souls is an action-adventure roguelike dungeon crawler.
Each level is completely procedurally generated so every playthrough is guaranteed to have unique environments and encounters. Search for and activate all the marks placed in each level to unlock the dungeon portal and escape from the Redeemer. Scavenge various items and upgrades to counter the dungeon's dark forces and challenging bosses. You must survive. Hurry.
Dungeon Souls was inspired by Nuclear Throne, Risk of Rain, Overture, BitVenture and Shoot First.
- Harness the powerful abilities of 10 unique characters
- Explore a plethora of different environments including dark dungeons, sewers and cathedrals
- Immerse yourself with deep character progression and permanent skill upgrades
- Experiment with 50+ unique passive items - Speed boosts, damage buffs, lifesteal bonuses...
- Battle hordes of dynamic enemies and challenging bosses hell-bent on destroying you
30. The Mummy Demastered
A powerful ancient evil has arisen, and the war to save humanity has begun! The Mummy Demastered throws you into a 16-bit-inspired battle against the undead in a 2D, nonlinear, action-packed adventure. As an elite agent in the monster-hunting Prodigium organization, you must use a variety of weapons, upgrades, and mysterious artifacts to defend mankind against the supernatural hordes of Princess Ahmanet. Your Prodigium unit is already on the scene, but HQ lost contact with them hours ago. Only by exploring tombs, forests, abandoned tunnels, and the cursed streets of London will you discover the fate of your allies. But beware - Ahmanet commands legions of undead, insects, plague-ridden vermin, and worse! If you're not careful, you'll be the next soul in her army.
- Stunning retro-inspired graphics and atmospheric chiptune soundtrack
- Shoot-'em-up action meets exploration-based adventuring
- Fight for survival against swams of horrifying enemies and bosses
- Obliterate monsters with an arsenal of weapons including grenades, a flamethrower and more
- Uncover and collect 50 hidden relics
BLACKHOLE is an award-winning hardcore platformer with over 15 hours of story-driven sci-fi comedy and gravity-twisting puzzles. Complete Edition now available!
When the crew of the spaceship Endera is sucked into a black hole, it seems like the end. Fortunately, the ship crashes on Entity – an unidentified object resembling a planet. After the crash, the first member to wake up is the guy who makes coffee for the crew - you! There’s no one around and your only ally is Auriel, the ship’s computer’s sarcastic A.I. Together, you’ll need to come up with a plan to fix the spaceship, save the others and become heroes of planet Earth by closing the black hole once and for all. It won’t be an easy task, because the mysterious caves, lost cities, towering mountains and deep forests are full of tricky, gravity-defying puzzles and deadly traps.
- More than 90 levels in 6 dimensions to explore
- Hundreds of secrets to discover and puzzles to solve
- A fully-voiced sci-fi comedy with a cool soundtrack
- Pixel-perfect controls for both keyboard and gamepad
The easiest mode is 'HARD'!
BUTCHER is a fast-paced 2D shooter and a blood-soaked love letter to the cult classics of the genre. As a cyborg programmed to eradicate the last remains of humanity, your sole purpose is to well... annihilate anything that moves.
So grab your weapon of choice (from chainsaw, through shotgun, to grenade launcher) and kill your way through underground hideouts, post-apocalyptic cities, jungles and more. And if you're feeling creative, there are plenty other ways of ending your enemies' misery - hooks, lava pits, saws... no death will ever be the same.
If kicking corpses into a lava pit and adorning walls with blood is your idea of a good time, BUTCHER is THE game for you.
(header photo by Bartłomiej T. Listwon)Key features:
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included)
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level)
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies
- Put your reflex and patience to the ultimate test
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher)
- Adorn more than 20 levels with the insides of your enemies
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around)
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors... and more!
- Absolutely no mercy for anyone!
33. Over 9000 Zombies!
Over 9000 Zombies! is top-down arcade action blown out of all reasonable proportions. An endless horde of zombies is coming your way, how long can you survive?
So you might have already sussed out that there’s a lot of undead after you. To stay alive you’re going to need this arsenal of over 20 weapons. Some you might recognize but others are very experimental. Whether you want to shoot, burn, blow up or microwave the zombies there’ll be a weapon for you.
Keeping the barrel of a gun between you and the zombies is a good start but you’ll want to stay out of the open when things get especially crazy. Scavenge scrap metal to build barricades for protection and deploy automated turrets for extra crowd control.
You don’t have to go it alone. Bring both trusted friends and talented strangers into your fold and team up against the hordes with 2 player online co-op and 4 player local co-op.
This level of slaughter needs some decent beats. Using cutting edge research techniques we have been able to isolate the optimum audio for efficient undead butchery. Scratch that trigger-finger itch to the sound of intense electro-rock from Clearside.
The zombies will never stop. They’re only going to get faster and nastier. Keep your eyes peeled for flaming zombies, highly poisonous zombies, zombie animals, giant eyeballs and even the risen remains of political figures. You’re going to die out there so make sure you leave with a bang.
Create your own unique levels to test your mettle and the power of the zombie hordes. Upload them to the Steam Workshop and show the world your creations.
34. Charlie's Adventure
Take on the role of Charlie and enter a strange and mysterious world filled with nightmarish hordes of zombies, dangers and many surprises.
In this easy to play and hard to master platform you will slay zombies, avoid as well as use deadly traps, and unleash your true potential through a variety of skills and abilities.
Charlie's Adventure will take you on a journey through 12 unique levels as you face off against legions of zombies. Help Charlie cleanse his world of these vile creatures!
- work your way through 12 levels of zombie infestation
- dozens of scary but not so smart zombies
- deadly traps that can kill you and your enemies
- use the environment against the enemy
- easy to play, hard to master type of a game
- 3 difficulty levels
- full controller support
- keybinding support for : keyboard, mouse or any joystick
- Ultra HD resolution supported (4K)
35. Azure Striker Gunvolt
Azure Striker Gunvolt is a 2D action game featuring the talents of star creator Keiji Inafune as the Executive Producer and Action Supervisor.
With the “septimal” power to create and manipulate lightning, Gunvolt faces off against the massive conglomerate known as the Sumeragi Group. Intense battles
unfold against Sumeragi's ultra-powerful adepts (those who possess septimal powers) as Gunvolt fights to keep his nation free.Speedrun ModeThis new mode gives speedrunners around the world the chance to compete for the best time,
with pre-determined settings put in place by the Gunvolt team to maximize efficiency for this challenging new mode.
Future updates which will new add features and settings are already planned,
so stayed tuned for information about that in the near future.Lightning-Based ActionUse your trusty sidearm to tag enemies, then let loose a burst of electricity for massive damage. You can even tag multiple enemies and zap them all simultaneously.
Your lightning abilities are not just for defeating enemies, though. Use them to perform various maneuvers such as hovering across hazardous terrain.Do Battle With a Variety of BossesSumeragi's most powerful members, with a wide range of personalities, await you at the end of your missions.
Battles get heated as bosses unleash their most powerful skills and techniques.Those for Whom the Muse Sings Shall Turn the Tides of BattleEven Gunvolt falls in battle sometimes. When this happens, there is a chance that Lumen,
aka The Muse, will revive you and grant you a massive power boost. Furthermore,
if you manage to amass at least 1000 Kudos during a stage,
the BGM will change and Lumen will sing one of her songs for you for as long as you maintain those Kudos.
Your Kudos will reset upon taking damage, so keep that no-damage run going for as long as you can!Japanese Voice ModeIn this long-awaited mode, players will be able to play the original Japanese version of the game,
which includes ample mid-stage dialogue, all fully voiced in Japanese with English text.
The entire script has been re-translated to coincide with the dialogue of the Japanese version of the game.
To play the game in Japanese Voice Mode, select it from the Language Settings before starting the game.
36. Guns n Zombies
An artificial nano-virus has wiped out humanity almost completely turning all humans into a mob of deadly mutilated zombies. Only a few people managed to survive and you are one of them!
The main features of the game:
- HORDES of ZOMBIES!
- A fresh look at a zombie apocalypse story
- Robotized zombies infected by a nano-virus
- Lots of enemies who are different from each other not only in their appearance but also in behavior
- Random gameplay generation: each battle is different
- Several protagonists each with their own specialization
- Tons of devastating weapons and special abilities that can help you out in any sort of trouble
- Massive turrets in addition to your arsenal
- A thrilling plot and a long journey from an ordinary town to a place that’s hard to imagine
- The survival mode where you can challenge yourself to stay alive in the Pandemonium and compete with other Steam players.
- And of course a true post-apocalyptic atmosphere!
This is the world after a zombie apocalypse in which the main characters have to go through many perils. It is a story about ordinary people who, when faced with danger, decided not to run away from it, but to fight back. As the story goes along, you will learn what caused the disaster and help other survivors to overcome its aftermath. You will discover how this event has affected the world. But can you reverse the outcome of the catastrophe and give the new world a chance to arise on the ruins of the old one?
37. Quest of Dungeons
Quest of Dungeons is a turn based dungeon crawler game featuring a good old 16-bit retro artistic look.
That thing people usually skip
An unspecific evil Dark Lord has stolen all the light, so your mission is to enter his lair and defeat him. That's it, now go get him.
By playing as either a Warrior, a Wizard, a Assassin or a Shaman you have to traverse dungeons, defeat enemies and loot everything you can in order to survive. You can learn new skills in Tomes you find along the way and buy/sell items at shops.
The entire game is procedural so you won't find items/enemies in the same place each time you play.
- Procedural dungeons
- Procedural weapons
- Boss encounters
- 4 Difficulty levels
- Permadeath - Once you die, game over man, game over!
- Shop - buy and sell items/weapons
- Leaderboards - compare your Adventure points with the community
38. Bard's Gold
Bard's Gold is a challenging platformer that let's you explore eerie worlds in a quest for a Goblin that stole your gold. Help the Bard to overcome the dungeon’s many dangerous perils and use your new-found treasures to improve your character and to buy new weapons and gear!
This game takes inspiration from early 90's platforming classics such as Rainbow Island, Rick Dangerous, Alex Kidd and Erik, which at the time were popular on the Amiga and consoles. Bard's Gold is slower paced than most current day platformers, but is extemely challenging. Players need to avoid enemies, traps and projectiles in order to progress. Being hit by any of them means instant death. Difficult puzzles and towering bosses will have to be overcome to reach the filthy goblin that stole the family treasure.Key Features
- Old school platforming experience - No tutorials or explanations how things should be done. Everything including the basic game mechanics must be figured out by yourself as you go.
- Rogue-lite - Different layouts for each level is randomly chosen every playthrough. While getting the chance to memorize levels and get better at them, the "random level" system will keep your interest. With the gems you collect you will be able to upgrade your character on the Game Over screen. These upgrades are permanent and will help you on future playthroughs.
- Extremely challenging, yet rewarding gameplay
- Beautifully designed retro-inspired graphics
- Gain powerful new abilities by finding skill books
- Death will make you stronger
- Solve intricate puzzles and defeat towering bosses
- Full controller support
- Steam achievements, leaderboards and trading cards
It has been my Family Treasure for generations...
I had to get it back at all costs! Giving chase to the burglar, I went through a portal that sent me to this strange world...
I must escape and return the Bard's Gold to where it belongs!
39. Dark Void Zero
Rise On! After 20 years, the legendary lost project "Dark Void" is back! To commemorate the game's humble origins, Capcom has commissioned the recreation of the original 8-bit classic, now re-titled "Dark Void Zero". In this critically acclaimed 8-bit de-make, you play as Rusty, warrior test-pilot and Nikola Tesla's trusted friend. With the help of your state-of-the-art rocket pack, blast through three deliciously retro levels of baddies in your quest to close Portal X and save the human race!
Dark Void Zero on PC is packed with all new online features! Get rewarded for your skills with Achievements via Steam. Connect with Friends. Compete to be the best on the block or the best in the world in the Score and Speed Runs in the all-new Online Leaderboards!
Experience two all-new alternate endings! Only the best of the best will survive to see them!
And don't forget! Like its parent game, Dark Void Zero features an award-worthy soundtrack created and performed by famed Battlestar Galactica composer Bear McCreary.
Dark Void Zero on PC: The fate of the human race rests in your hands! Rise On!
- Strap on Tesla's first prototype ROCKET PACK and take control of 5 experimental weapons!
- Three levels of intense sci-fi, sidescrolling action!
- ONLINE LEADERBOARDS: Top scores! Speed runs! Can you be the best?
- ACHIEVEMENTS: Hone your skills and score bragging rights with Steam achievements! 30 achievements will rate your skill, speed, and stamina.
- FRIENDS: Add your Steam friends and compete for top honors!
- PC ALTERNATE ENDINGS: What's this? Two brand-new never-before-seen endings? Only the best of the best will survive to see them!
- RETRO: 8-bit graphics and "De-Mastered" Dark Void Zero score by Bear McCreary!
- GAMEPAD Support: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows supported. (Generic gamepads with analog sticks may also work, though are not officially supported.)
40. Lovecraft's Untold Stories
A HORROR ADVENTURE
You have to find a way to foil the Old Ones’ plans—but the path is yours to choose, and brute force may not be the best solution. Will you search for clues and information to stop the cultists before they summon the Outer Gods, or will you just kill everything in your way, until there’s no one left to invoke the cosmic horrors to our world?
LIVE H.P. LOVECRAFT’S STORIES
Levels are randomly generated: It will be a different experience every time you play. Lovecraft’s Untold Stories is based on H.P. Lovecraft’s stories: You will experience first-hand the cosmic horror created by the genius of Providence. Look for items and clues to unlock secrets and new stories!
5 DIFFERENT CHARACTERS
You can play as 5 different characters, each with a different playstyle. A private detective, a witch, a thief, a professor, and even a ghoul—each with different stats, weapons, and combat moves, creating five entirely different gameplay experiences.
MADNESS AND DEATH
The truth of the dark horrors that inhabit the universe is unbearable for any human mind. As you learn more of the Mythos, you become more powerful—but also brings you closer to the brink of madness. You will need to find a balance to keep your sanity—but in the end, you can’t win against the Old Ones. Madness or death await you. But maybe you can delay the inevitable…
Fight more than 50 different monsters from the Cthulhu Mythos in this intense action RPG
Explore Lovecraft’s stories in 12 different randomly generated levels and face the Great Old Ones in 5 special levels
Choose your own path: Will you look for clues and information to uncover the truth, or just fight your way out?
Pick your hero: Choose between 5 different characters, detective, the thief, the professor, the witch, and the ghoul, each with their own stats and skills.
Improve your skills to become more powerful, but be careful: Madness awaits those who learn too much!
Collect and improve more than 30 weapons and hundreds of items and artifacts
Look for clues and special items to unlock secrets and new stories
NOTE: The Early Access version currently includes the following:
2 characters (1 of them unlockable)
1 big boss
41. Hive Jump
In the 24th century, humanity is at war with a hostile alien race. Outnumbered a million to one, mankind’s only hope of survival is the J.U.M.P. Corps. Its mission is to fight the alien menace hive by hive and planet by planet.
You and your friends assume the role of JUMPERS, and blast your way through procedurally generated alien hives in chaotic run and gun platforming action. Up to 4 Players band together in Local or Online Co-op to kill aliens, avoid traps, collect treasures and discover lost relics. Defeat fierce alien bosses to complete your mission and save the galaxy.Key Features
- Action Platforming: Engage swarms of aliens in frenetic combat. Avoid traps, withstand ambushes, discover treasures, rescue survivors, and more.
- Co-op Multiplayer: Among the best local multiplayer games on PC play with up to 4 buddies!
- Procedural Levels: Jump into procedurally generated alien hives. Level modifiers like dark levels keep you on your toes and offer new challenges to overcome.
- Unique Permadeath: Keep the transponder backpack in one piece! It is your mobile respawn point and if it is destroyed your team has no more lives.
- Challenging AI: Intelligent and fierce enemies will hunt you throughout the hive.
- Sci-Fi Arsenal: Pulverize aliens with pulse rifles, flamethrowers, and a variety of unlockable and upgradable weapons that persist between missions.
- Hand-Designed Challenges: Plunder challenge rooms and uncover lost relics to boost the power of your jumpers for that mission.
- Dynamic Lighting: Experience pixel-perfect dynamic lighting using Sprite Lamp.
- Daily/Weekly Challenges: Compete with friends and strangers to see who is the greatest jumper in the galaxy with Daily and Weekly Challenge missions with Leaderboards coming soon.
- Strategic Campaigns: The results of your jumps directly impact the ongoing galactic war against the aliens. Manage your planetary campaign between jumps in a turn-based strategy mode. Invite your friends and random Jumpers into your Campaign Missions for jolly cooperation!
- Gamepad Support: Play Hive Jump using your favorite console controller.
42. Dig or Die
Explore, fight, craft and build your defenses! Enjoy a unique and innovative game:
• Strategy: survive massive attacks each night by building strong walls and placing turrets wisely.
• Physics: build wisely or your structures will collapse! And you will need them to defend your base, or build bridges and high towers to access remote locations
• Water cycle: rain, infiltration, underground rivers and lakes... be careful during the heavy rains, or you could be surprised by a sudden water level rise!
You are a representative of the CRAFT & Co company. You are selling automated fabrication tools across the galaxy when your spacecraft crashes into a hostile planet. Use the tools you sell and the local resources to build up all of what you'll need to survive and eventually be able to escape the planet.
Gameplay:• Fun from the start: no awfully slow digging, so you can concentrate on the exploration, fights and strategy.
• Game's final objective: you must build a rocket ship to escape the planet.
• Strategy survival: the game is a survival game in a strategic meaning. No hunger needs, the whole point of the game is to survive to the massive attacks each night. And to do that, you will have to explore the world to gather resources and craft your defenses.Fights:• No swords, magic or flying clown monsters here! It's a consistent science-fiction world, with fast and fun laser guns fights!
• Intelligent monsters: they will find the best path to attack your defenses. And be careful: even if they can't move through walls, they can still destroy them!
• Difficulty progression: only the species of monsters you have already killed before attack during the night (they must have taken ill!). So you can progress at your own pace and choose when you are ready to move forward and fight stronger monsters.
• AI. companion: your crashed ship contains an AI that survived and will give you useful advices (or not!). Build him a drone so he can follow you and even help you fight the monsters!World Simulation:• Huge world with global real-time simulation of the environment, physics, water cycle and ligthing.
• Electricity: build solar panels or functional hydroelectric generators to power your base’s most advanced items!
• Plants simulation: plants naturally grow and spread if their life-conditions are met. Create some farms with artificial sun lamps and irrigation.
• Procedurally generated world: Major areas locations are specific to benefit from a logical game progression, but detailed layout of surface, caverns, ores, etc. are unique at each playthrough.Crafting and Building:• Crafting: You dig minerals, harvest plants and kill some monsters and bosses in order to craft better items and defenses. But the digging is really fast, your inventory space is infinite and all crafting recipes are displayed, so you don’t waste all your time on grinding or wikis and can concentrate on setting up better defenses.
• Base construction: You build a fortress, not a holiday house. So you won't find hundreds of flowerpots or tapestries, but rather turrets, strong walls and useful machines. Remember the Starship Troopers or Aliens movies atmosphere!
43. Silence of the Sleep
Silence of the Sleep is psychological horror adventure game for PC.
You play as a man called Jacob Reeves. A man who has lost his reason to live.
He throws himself into a blackness to end his misery, but instead of it being the end he wakes up without a memory of his life before.
You will travel through the abstract world of Silence of the Sleep to find the very reason for your
Now that is a good question!
Here are some info about Silence of the Sleep that I believe are worth knowing:
- Side scrolling 2D with unique, digitally drawn graphics
- Unique music from one end to another
- Minimalistic interface - I won’t hold your hand through the game
- Challenging puzzles
- No shooting - Enemy encounters are pretty rare and you can’t kill the enemies, avoid and hide from them to survive
- Original gameplay and twisting story - Silence of the Sleep has well crafted balance between horror and adventure, this allows me to build different atmospheres which brings variety to gameplay
- One man game - Graphics, animation, coding, music... You name it!
44. Spaceship Looter
What happens to the ship when the crew dies? It just dangles around the Universe together with other space debris and becomes home for aliens.
Almost always such ships are full of valuable cargo any mercenary can take. The terms are as simple as that: you bring the ship to the new owner and all the cargo is yours.
The point is not to join the dead members of the crew...
Spaceship Looter is an action roguelike game, where mercenaries of all stripes rob drifting schooner, lost transtport ships and abandoned military cruisers - all what is filled with tons of valuable loot and hidden in the deep space.
Each ship is randomly generated and filled with heavily armed enemies prowling in search of prey. Buy new guns, upgrade abilities of the heroes, buy antiques, fight, and be sure - the booty will be yours!
- High difficulty
- 7 spaceships
- Interaction with the mechanisms
- Randomly generated levels
- Interesting quests
- Juicy decoration
- Full support of controllersPreviewsHardcore Gamer:
"Loot ships, get better toys, loot more ships, repeat. Nicely explode-y with a whole lot of bullets going on"Help translating the gameIf you know Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Romanian and Spanish then you can help!
Spaceship Looter Translation Sheet
45. Dungeon Creepster
A throwback style game to the days of gauntlet, Dungeon Creepster is a classic style top down action game. Travel deep into the depths of an evil dungeon and test your might against countless enemies. Collect multiple types of mana crystals to fire off special magical abilities. Place earth traps, hurl fireballs, unleash the power of the sun, and drown your victims with the oceans might. Fast paced action awaits.
46. Eagle Island
Explore the avian world of Eagle Island with Quill and one of his loyal owls, Koji. Discover lush forests, treacherous caverns and uncover the ruins of long lost civilizations. Finally, confront the gargantuan deity, Armaura, in a desperate attempt to rescue Ichiro from her clutches.
With its falconry-based gameplay within uniquely generated worlds, Eagle Island is set to a beautifully modernized pixel art aesthetic and provides a breath of fresh air to the platforming genre.
Taking inspiration from the roguelike and metroidvania genres, players of Eagle Island can enjoy either short runs or a longer story based experience.
Fully procedurally generated levels
80 different perk abilities to mix up the gameplay each run
Magical feathers transform your bird into elemental forms
9 beautiful environments to explore
Quill's arsenal of solo moves consists simply of running, jumping and the occasional ledge grab - the game keeps to its classic 16-bit inspiration. Launch attacks with Koji in 8 directions using the D-pad-like aiming controls. Hit enemies in quick succession to earn greater rewards from combos. Miss an attack and you'll be forced to wait longer for Koji to return. If Koji is attacked or captured, Quill will be briefly defenceless and must take evasive action whilst vulnerable!
Eagle Island was supported by 1,291 backers on Kickstarter.
47. Magnetic: Cage Closed
You are a prisoner trapped in a strange facility, filled with deadly traps and whispered secrets. At first the facility and its inhabitants all seem like a mystery to you, but soon you begin to understand: Your only chance to survive is to master the Magnet Gun and stay out of harms way. If you make yourself useful they will let you live a little longer, and sooner or later you will get your chance. As the Warden keeps on telling you: “There is always a way out…”
Unique Tool - The magnet gun is a unique tool that can transform the environment, launch you through the air or assist with complicated box puzzles
Diversity - The challenges in Magnetic come in many forms, and blend logical puzzles with skill based movement in a unique combination
No playthrough is the same - Each choice has an impact on what comes next. New secrets and paths are just waiting for players to find themMagnetic: Cage Closed Collector's EditionThe Magnetic: Cage Closed Collector's Edition comes with a comprehensive Digital Artbook, Full Digital Soundtrack, and Two New Devious Challenge Maps.
Embark on an adventure with what little you have and discover what the world of Crea has to offer. Through each action, improve your talents and master many skills. Through each victory, grow in strength and shape yourself. Through each inquiry, unlock new items to craft and build. Through each expedition, explore new realms and uncover Crea’s lore.
- Level up by defeating enemies
- Learn over 80 skills through the talent system
- Loot and craft powerful gear with unique attributes
- Discover the world’s expansive mythos and history
- Defeat challenging original monsters each with their own attacks
- Survive by timing shield blocks and dodge rolling
- Vanquish by your weapon of choice: Sword, Spear, Bow, or Magic
- Challenge massive bosses and prepare to die
- Research materials to discover their crafting capabilities
- Find old recipe scrolls scattered throughout the world
- Upgrade equipment to carry over their stats
- Use chaos crafting (minigame) to create even more powerful items
- Explore massive procedurally generated worlds
- Quickly teleport through the use of Way Crystals, Way Shards and Rifts
- Delve into dungeons that not only look different but play different every time
- Travel to completely new Realms beyond the bounds of the main world
- Built from the ground up with modding in mind
- All gameplay logic and content exposed in Python
- Easily create new content or entirely new gameplay systems
- Learn from extensive modding tutorials and API documentation
- Join in on the Development Streams
- Track progress and what’s planned on the Roadmap
- Get the latest development news on Twitter
49. Pixel Gladiator
Brutal gladiatorial battles is a top-rated show, extremely popular all over the Universe. You’ve been sent to the abandoned planet as one of the participants of the show. Your goal is to survive as long as possible, fighting back deadly creatures in the focus of billions of viewers.
Kill your enemies to earn the money for weapons and upgrades. You are funded by your audience, so you have to keep yourself admired by slaughtering the monsters.
Take the challenge and come out victorious from a blood bath with ferocious beasts! Become a champion of the show, full of blood, pain and insensate cruelty. Morituri te salutant!
-Unique weapons and player upgrades
-Turrets and traps to maintain security offscreen
-Treacherous and deadly bosses
-Fight on cameras to gain more money
50. Starward Rogue
- Roguelite catacombs that evolve and expand with each of your successes.
- Hundreds of items, enemies and rooms, and dozens of epic boss fights.
- Fully playable with keyboard+mouse or gamepad.
- 5 difficulty levels range from "Relatively Easy" to "Nigh Impossible."
- Play as a "head in a mech" harvested from the neck of everyone's favorite Hydral.
- Find secrets of The Megalith, a giant structure lodged in a star, as you lose many heads.
- Figure out what happened to Rodney, an AI redshirt of uncertain motives.
- Over-the-top mod support. Detailed wiki: create enemies, items, weapons, and rooms.
- Secrets! Among them "incredibilities" that massively change the way the game plays.
- Varied mech suits: dipole magnetism, time control, and more.
- Upgrade during each "run" via EXP/Perks, shops, and items found while exploring.