Trying to find games like Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones? Try these 100 great games that are similar to Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones that have been tried, tested and recommended.
The best games like Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones are:
- arrow_rightHotline Miami
- arrow_rightGuacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
- arrow_rightThe Long Dark
- arrow_rightMy Friend Pedro
- arrow_rightDungeon of the Endless
- arrow_rightStories Untold
- arrow_rightThe Escapists 2
- arrow_rightCastlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
100 Best Games Like Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (34)
- PlayStation 4 (36)
- iOS (35)
- Android (20)
- macOS (100)
- Linux (79)
- Nintendo Switch (30)
- Nintendo 3DS (6)
- Nintendo DS (2)
- Xbox 360 (6)
- PlayStation 3 (8)
- PlayStation 2 (1)
- PlayStation (3)
- PS Vita (11)
- PSP (2)
- Wii U (11)
- Wii (3)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- Game Boy (2)
- SNES (2)
- NES (8)
- Classic Macintosh (4)
- Apple II (3)
- Commodore / Amiga (12)
- Atari 2600 (1)
- Atari 8-bit (1)
- Atari ST (3)
- Atari Lynx (2)
- Genesis (3)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (3)
- Dreamcast (1)
1. Hotline Miami
Several chapters of top-down shooter action, Hotline Miami is a violent game, where the player takes control of the unnamed man, that receives orders to clear out stages from bandits and mobsters, using every weapon he can get. Over the course of the game, the player will be able to collect the masks that provide buffs and abilities. Fluid and tight combat includes various melee and ranged weapons, that can be used as intended or just thrown at the enemy. Once Jacket, dubbed so for his distinct letterman jacket by fans, arrives at the mission, players will have to clear out every floor from the enemies, using rooms and doors for cover or ambushes. As the story moves on, Jackets mental health will visibly deteriorate, and he will be shown to suffer from hallucinations, which is in tone with acid 80’s theme.
2. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Guacamelee! is strongly inspired by colorful Mexican aesthetics and folklore. Your protagonist, Juan Aguacate, used to be a regular farmer until one day he found a magic mask of a Luchador, that is, a Mexican wrestler. His mission is to save El Presidente's daughter who was captured by evil Carlos Calaca. The villain wants her as a sacrifice to open the gates to the World of the Dead. In a cooperative mode, Juan is aided by female luchador Tostada.
Despite being a traditional Metroidvania platformer, Guacamelee! is also, surprisingly, an open-world game. You can go in any direction in this 2D world. For example, if you climb down, this counts as going south on the map. Action in Guacamelee! is inspired by fighting games like Mortal Kombat, and the controls are very responsive. The monsters are varied and very Mexican: they include traditional Dia de Los Muertos skeletons, feral armadillos, and evil cacti.
The Super Turbo Championship Edition adds several new features, such as Intenso mode that makes your characters way stronger for a short amount of time. Health bars above your opponents' heads are introduced. This edition also features new enemies, levels, and even a new boss in this edition.
3. The Long Dark
The Long Dark is a game about surviving in the unforgiving conditions of frozen North Canadian taiga. The Arctic wilderness may be breathtakingly beautiful, thanks to the game’s artful visual style, but it is also deadly. Low temperatures, hungry animals like wolves and bears, and starvation can easily kill your character. To stay alive, he will need to learn how to light a campfire, find shelter, care about his wounds, hunt for food and protect himself in an unfriendly environment. Many necessary items in the game, including some of the weapons, need to be crafted out of the junk that you can find in the woods and in abandoned buildings.
In the story mode, called Wintermute, you control a pilot, Will Mackenzie, who was hired by his ex-wife Astrid to deliver a mysterious cargo. Eventually, his plane crashed in the woods. Will is injured, and Astrid is missing, presumably lost somewhere in the wilderness. Your goal is to survive and to rescue your companion. Wintermute follows a linear plot and only allows you to explore a limited area. However, it is recommended to start with, since it serves as a sort of tutorial to the open-world sandbox mode. This is the most popular mode, in which you are not confined to the plot and can discover new areas.
4. My Friend Pedro
My Friend Pedro is a violent ballet about friendship, imagination, and one man’s struggle to obliterate anyone in his path at the behest of a sentient banana. The strategic use of split aiming, slow motion, and the ol’ stylish window breach create one sensational action sequence after another in an explosive battle through the violent underworld.
5. Dungeon of the Endless
Dungeon of the Endless is a tower defense game and the third in the series which includes Endless Space and Endless Legend. The game plot is about a prison spaceship which escape pod had crashed in the alien planet. The player controls survivors from that ship, who have to escape the multi-layered structure in the strange planet by taking an energy crystal through several floors filled with angry creatures. There are randomly generated levels in the game in which the player has not only to explore but also to collect resources in order to enable power to various rooms and turrets to divert attention of enemies in order to move the crystal from the starting point of the level into the elevator to the next floor.
In each level of the game the player has to choose two characters who are different in their stats such as health, attack, defense power and movement speed. The player has the option to either control one of two selected characters separately or in tandem.
6. Stories Untold
“Stories Untold” is a narrative-driven experimental adventure game, that bends the genre into something completely unique. Combining a mix of classic text-adventure, point-and-click and more, 4 short stories are packaged together into a single mysterious anthology that has been described as “a fantastic, fascinating example of interactive visual storytelling” (Telegraph 5/5) and earning widespread critical acclaim since release.
The game pulls together 80s retro nostalgia, innovative and experimental genre-defying gameplay, and tense, phycological horror to create “one of the most fascinating and unique tales you can play this year” (GameSpew 9/10).
The first Episode “The House Abandon” is now available for free via a demo, to give you a glimpse of what is in store in the full game.
“Stories Untold” was developed by No Code, a Glasgow based ex-AAA development team headed up by Jon McKellan (Alien: Isolation) and Omar Khan.
- Four unique stories, with their own settings, gameplay and mechanics.
- Play mind-bending text adventures, process radio transmissions and conduct experiments on bizarre artifacts
- Gorgeous retro-aesthetic brings back vivid memories, or a glimpse into what was.
- Sublime synth-wave horror soundtrack, inspired by 80s horror soundtracks.
- Achievements to unlock, and narrative secrets to discover
- Genre-hopping: from psychological horror, to tense mystery and terrifying sci-fi; Stories Untold is truly “4 stories, 1 nightmare”.
7. The Escapists 2
The Ultimate Prison Sandbox!
Risk it all to breakout from the toughest prisons in the world. Explore the biggest prisons yet, with multiple floors, roofs, vents and underground tunnels.
You’ll have to live by the prison rules, attending roll call, doing prison jobs and following strict routines; all the while secretly engineering your bid for freedom!
Your prison escape antics will take you from the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even to the final frontier!Escape Team Assemble!
Unite with up to 3 friends to create the ultimate escape crew and engineer the wildest escapes yet! Jump online or gather round on a couch to prepare for your sneaky adventures. By working together you’ll be able to create even more elaborate and daring plans.
Feeling competitive? Dive into the versus mode and show that you’ve got the skills to break out of any prison faster than your friends can. If all else fails, settle your rivalry in the court yard with a prison punch up!Create YOUR Con!
It’s time to make your prisoner truly yours. Choose from a massive array of customisations to make your character unique to you. It’s important to look stylish whilst you mastermind your escape.Craft your Escape!
Being in prison forces you to be creative and work with the limited tools at your disposal. You’ll have to combine everyday objects like soap and socks to craft new weapons and tools to help you achieve your goal. Steal forks from the cafeteria to chip a tunnel in your room, and craft a poster from magazines and duct tape to hide the evidence. You’ll soon learn that duct tape solves (almost) everything!Prepare for a fight!
The Escapists 2 introduces a brand new combat system to make every prison brawl more exciting and interactive. You’ll have to block and tie together chains of attacks whilst strafing around your locked on targets to gain the upper hand in combat. Make sure your visit the gym first to build up those muscles!New ways to escape!
As the prisons get tougher you’re going to have to get more creative with your escape plans. There’s a ton of options to tackle almost any prison escape.Features
- 10 Prisons
- Up to 4 player co-operative and versus multiplayer
- Drop-in/ Drop-out Online/Splitscreen multiplayer
- Over 300 customisations
- Multi-storey Prisons
8. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Trevor Belmont, a knight of the Brotherhood of Light sets out to avenge
the death of his mother, at the hands of his own father, who has now
returned from years of exile to take up residence in a mysterious
castle. What was once Gabriel Belmont now stands a powerful vampire
called Dracula. Dracula has declared war upon the Brotherhood and thus
the scene is set for a cataclysmic showdown between Father and Son!
• Discover the history of your bloodline - Play as multiple characters
throughout history, as you battle your ancestor Dracula, each time
learning more about your history and why the Belmont clan must atone for
the sins of their forebear. Dare you tempt fate?
• Choose your
character – Multiple characters to enjoy, each with unique abilities and
skills across different eras. Take control of the legendary Trevor and
Simon Belmont and more, as you battle Dracula and his evil minions.
Share new abilities through your lineage - Pass onto your descendants
your newfound abilities in each era and discover the true destiny of the
Belmont's. Featuring a huge array of combo’s and a deep strategic combat
system, this Castlevania is an exciting action game with tons of depth.
Battle massive bosses – Experience titan fights in full 3D, climb,
traverse and overcome huge bosses. Use your secondary weapons and
magical abilities to take down these awesome foes.
unrivaled Nintendo 3DS Visuals – Experience super high resolution and
detailed 3D polygon graphics with side scrolling areas and full 3D
• Utilize Focus & Magic – Use magic to turn the
tide of battle! Kill enemies to gain experience and buy new combos and
abilities using your travel book. Play well and you will be rewarded.
Vessel is a game about an engineer who operates machines in a heavily industrialized steampunk world. The player assumes the role of Arkwright, a genius scientist who invented a new type of automaton called Fluro. The Fluros are amorphous creatures that can be made of any type of liquid and perform tasks for people. One day, the Fluros mutated and went out of control, ruining most of the world’s machines. Arkwright has to find the cause of the malfunction and restore control over the Fluros.
The gameplay consists of solving physics-based puzzles and manipulating the ridiculously complex machinery in a 2.5D environment. Arkwright jumps the platforms and pushes buttons to activate machines in a certain way. He can also use devices called Seeds to create new Fluros out of the liquids found on the levels, including lava. The Fluros, in turn, can be manipulated to perform helpful actions, such as to pull switches that are inaccessible for Arkwright. The liquid is the central element of the game, and a special graphics engine was made to animate it. The music by the famous DJ Jon Hopkins works as a hint for the player, becoming more complex when he or she does the right actions.
A surreal puzzle adventure game with unique mechanics / capabilities.
You are to guide a child through a mysterious world on a mission to restore its long-dead sun.
...Of course, things are never that simple.
The world knows you exist.
The consequences are real.
Saving the world may be impossible.
You only have one shot.FEATURESGameplay mechanics that go beyond the game window.
A haunting original soundtrack and artwork designed to match.
A unique relationship between a game and its player.
A lingering feeling that you're not getting the full story unless you know where to look.CONTENT WARNINGAlthough OneShot is not a horror game in the traditional sense, parts the game may induce some paranoia. Please proceed with caution.CLOSING THE GAME WINDOWDo not worry, it is safe to do so. It only saves your progress.
Wryn is a girl with a big arsenal and big dreams -- she wants to be the ultimate videogame hero! Help her take down the Greatest Heroes of All Time in an action-packed bid to claim the title for herself and show the world what a true hero looks like!
Bleed is an action-platformer focused on stylish, acrobatic dodging and fluid, challenging gameplay. There's no filler -- just you and your skills against seven levels of enemies, obstacles, breakneck set-pieces and inventive bosses!Key Features:
- -Unique control scheme enabling crazy fast action
- 7 levels packed with multiple set-pieces and bosses
- 4 difficulty levels that remix enemy placement and boss patterns
- 2-player local co-op for all modes (requires at least one gamepad)
- 3 unlockable characters with their own gameplay twists
- Survive the entire game on one life in Arcade Mode
- Select and battle up to three bosses at once in Challenge Mode
12. Mega Man 11
Mega Man 11 is the eleventh game in the main series of Mega Man franchise. It is designed n the vein of classic 16-bit 2D platformers.
Long ago, Dr. Wily, a would-be mad scientist, created a device called the Double Gear System that could increase the powers of robots by pushing them to the limit. The device was banned for being too dangerous for robots. This time, however, Dr. Wily decided to complete his creation and test it on the eight robots he stole from his former colleague, the wise Dr. Light. Using Double Gear, Dr. Wily creates Robot Masters of the stolen robots to help him to conquer the whole world. Mega Man, a good robot and the protagonist of the series, cannot defeat the stronger and faster Robot Masters. To help him win, Dr. Light temporarily installs him a variation of the Double Gear System.
The player controls Mega Man in a 2D environment, as he runs through the levels and defeats evil robots. There are eight unique Robot Masters that serve as the game's bosses.
The Double Gear System not only sets up the game's plot but also works as a game mechanic. Using it, Mega Man can access two additional skills. The first is “Speed Gear” that allows him to slow the time down as if he moves and reacts incredibly fast. The other is “Power Gear” that allows Mega Man to make attacks that deal more damage. In accordance with the game's plot, however, the use of the Double Gear System is not safe and can overheat Mega Man.
13. Zombie Night Terror
Prepare yourself for the most thrilling night of your life! Something strange has happened and people everywhere are turning into blood thirsty walking corpses. But guess who’s the brains behind this hungry undead army? YOU! So spread this pandemic to wipe humanity off this planet. Because the only way to survive the zombie apocalypse, is to BE the apocalypse!
But the brainless undead are quite dumb… even dumber than you might expect given their lack of grey matter. Because when left to their own devises, they will just endlessly walk forward and fall into permanently deadly booby traps placed by not-so-helpless humans. So to accomplish your mission of world extermination, you will need to help guide them to their next yummy meal. Luckily you can utilize numerous special mutations to make your troops evolve and fulfil their appetite for flesh. But beware! Humans will not facilitate your dark will….they will fight to survive.
Spread terror through 40 levels and enrol more zombies into your undead army. Along the way you’ll have to solve brain tingling puzzles, and fight increasingly powerful foes that are hell-bent on staying alive. The closer you get to total world extinction, the harder survivors will fight to put you in the ground….for good.
Blood, tears, non-sexual moans, inappropriate laughter, and tons of puzzles that will literally blow your brains out... This is Zombie Night Terror!
- Command a Zombie Horde: You are the brain, they are the muscles. Your zombie horde will obey your commands without any strike risk or complaints … On the downside; you can’t have any heated conversations about late night movies or cool books anymore tough!
- Unique Mutation System: Having an army of deadly zombies is awesome. Having an army of mutated zombies is way better! Take advantage of our mutation system to overcome the enemy’s defences, by creating powerful new zombie types. Each has their unique power and abilities that can help you overcome different situations.
- Combo System: Because you thought mutations were your only way to facilitate your meat feast, we spiced it up allowing you to combine those and see what your enemies are made of (literally). Let’s show those pesky humans how to have fun!
- You are not alone: Having zombies is kind of like having a pet; it’s fun but you need to take care of them… That’s what humans are for, as they are the perfect way to keep your zombies well fed and busy. But beware! Humans are well armed and they do not appreciate the toothy company of the undead.
- Contaminate: Don’t have enough company? Do you need a bigger horde? Well, just convert Humans to your cause then! You don’t necessary need to bring flowers and be charming, as a single bite right into the neck (or anywhere that pleases you) should be enough to do the trick!
- Destructible Environments: In times of a zombie apocalypse, humans love to take their time playing hide and seek. However when the hunger for tasty flesh is this painful, you don’t have time for such childishness. So use the power or your horde to destroy their playground and spread terror among them… PEEKABOOM!
14. Blackwell Deception
Street psychics. Their blinking neon signs are everywhere, promising love and wealth and happiness. They make a fortune preying on the gullible and milking them dry. So when these victims begin dying and leaving confused spirits behind, it can only take a genuine psychic (and her wayward spirit guide) to clean up the mess.
From seedy downtown nightclubs to penthouse apartments to a luxury yacht on the Hudson River, Rosa and Joey will unearth the truth about the underground world of street psychics. Including some secrets that Joey would rather be left buried.
15. Splatter - Zombie Apocalypse
Splatter is a top-down-shooter with a film-noir-singleplayer-campaign. Fight against all kinds of monsters hordes with a huge arsenal of weapons, all with top of the line physics-based splatter effects and destructible level environments.
Meet interesting characters, accomplish dozens of side quests, engage boss fights and upgrade your weapons.
The zombies fear light, so use your flashlight strategically to create breathing space in battles and to expose hidden weaknesses of your enemies. Explore the surroundings to find new weapons, resources and secret areas. Spend the money you collect to upgrade your guns and unlock new weapon features and discover the best tactics against the variety of monsters.
The story mode spans 16 levels with fully voiced NPCs and dialogs and animated cutscenes.
Try to beat the Highscores in the Survival Mode or gather up to 4 friends in front of your computer to co-op against the horde.Key Features
- Topdown shooter with challenging fights against all kinds of zombies and monsters
- Film-noire-singleplayer-campaign with fully voiced dialogs, cutscenes, bosses, vehicles and side missions
- Lights and Shadows add a tactical layer to the battles
- A destructible environment to shatter, with occasional resources hidden inside
- Upgradeable weapons gain new qualities and features with each level
- Arcade game modes with online leaderboards pit you against your friends' scores
- Local multiplayer for upto 4 players with controllers, mice, keyboards... whatever you got there, you can use it
- And lots of action, of course
16. The Shivah
Russell Stone is a Jewish Rabbi at a poor synagogue in New York City. He is a devout man with a problem. Membership is way down and he lacks the funds to keep his synagogue open. Things are looking very bleak, and he has grown progressively more cynical and bitter with the passage of time.
Just as he is on the verge of packing it all in, he receives some interesting news. A former member of his congregation has died and left the Rabbi a significant amount of money. A blessing? Or the start of something far more sinister? Can Rabbi Stone just accept the money and move on? His conscience says no. Step into his shoes as he travels all over Manhattan in his attempt to uncover the truth.
Features rabbinical conversation methods, a unique method of fighting, an original score, and three different endings!
17. Offspring Fling!
The side project turned game
A puzzle game from independent developer Kyle Pulver created on the FlashPunk engine. The game was released on Microsoft Window, Mac OS and Linux in the spring of 2012. The project began as a side-project for a developer from Arizona, which in the development process has become a full-fledged game. 100 puzzles are available for completion within the story campaign, and an additional 20 bonus levels that open after meeting all the conditions To do so the game requires the player a clear platforming skill from the player. The project is played with a sense of nostalgia: the gameplay and control are very similar to those used in the classic platformers from the 90's.
The Russian way
The protagonist is an unfortunate forest creature who accidentally lost all of his children and is now trying to get them all back. The game motivates players to replay it - after completing the level, the game creates a ghost version of the player. Critics noted the amount of work that Kyle Pulver did, noting that 15-20 years before the release of the game, would require a huge studio, and the game itself would appear on several covers of gaming media. But times have changed, and in 2012 the developer laid out the game on the Internet without much fuzz. The game, however, does not involve liberty in completion - for each puzzle, there is only one correct option.
18. Flesh Eaters
Flesh Eaters is a real-time strategy zombie survival game developed by 16 Bit Nights. There is no plot present in the game. Just plain old survival.
Flesh Eaters features a retro pixel-art style. The game revolves around controlling a team of survivors that defends their shelter, goes out for scavenging resources and staying together.
It is necessary to build up your defenses as zombies profoundly affect the team's morale. If the morale falls too low, the team's members might attempt suicide, or refuse the orders you give them. It is possible to level up your survivors. Upon leveling them up, their health, morale, and weapon handling skills get increased.
Each survivor has their own skills. It is possible to hire a medic to treat the team's wound, a soldier to defend a specific area assigned to them, or an engineer to build up the base defenses. The medics and engineers can only equip melee weapons, while only the soldiers can only equip armor sets and firearms.
The players have to get out their hideout to get new supplies such as food, water, and ammo. It is possible to find new weapons and armor during such scavenger raids. The weapons you find can be further upgraded by an engineer. Upon upgrading, the weapons might acquire a rare damage stat, that will one-kill any zombie you find in the game, yet the chance of that happening is very low.
Halfway is a turn-based strategy RPG taking place a few hundred years into the future. Humanity has begun to colonise new worlds and until now, they were alone…
In Halfway you take control of a small team of survivors faced with a violent invasion onboard the colonial vessel Goliath. As their leader you will guide them through the dark and cramped corridors of the ship to slowly take back control.
If you have any hope of surviving, you’ll have to fight, face your fears and outsmart the enemy!
- Tactical turn-based battles are at the core of Halfway. Use cover, position, equipment and skills to your advantage in your battles.
- Unique characters: Your team is formed of unique characters you pick up along the way. Each one of them brings their own story, skills and experiences to the journey.
- Find yourself in the middle of an engrossing story-line. Step by step you’ll uncover the mysterious events that took place and what it means for you and all of humanity.
- Immerse yourself in 10-14 hours of gameplay in a beautiful pixel art environment with a lovely atmospheric soundtrack by Gavin Harrison
- Modding: Map Editor and full Steam Workshop support for your own custom campaigns and missions
20. Steam Marines
Steam Marines is a squad based Roguelike set on a steampunk spaceship. It features tactical play focused on positioning and careful use of resources. Built to keep you on your toes as you progress through the decks of your besieged ship while clearing enemies and trying to reach each level's elevator.
Build your marines up into long range or up close death machines, but don't expect any mercy. Death is permanent and fallen marines are gone forever. Finding survivors not guaranteed.
Turn and Squad Based Gameplay
Command up to four marines, each with their own gear, talents, and Action Points. Positioning is critical - even a lone enemy can be lethal! Sight and snipe or funnel enemies into a choke point and blow them up!
- Five marine classes - long range death, shotgun knockback, grenade launchers, all to help the squad
- Four ranks for promotion and talent tree access
- Five perks to further differentiate each marine
- Exoskeleton suits stripped from the hulks of dead enemies - flamethrowers and face punching
- Deck bosses that will challenge you but do not negate the tactics you have learned (no "immunities"!)
The steampunk spaceship is composed of multiple decks you must progress through. Different environments and creatures await, and you'll never know for sure what lies beyond the next corner.
- Five human ship decks with a sixth Alien Deck
- Procedural decks with destructible walls, high/low ground, and tactical variations
- Randomized weapons, armor, and enemy units
Score, Difficulty, and New Game Plus
Get rated on your overall performance. Manage to fight your way past 30 levels of mayhem? New Game Plus offers fresh challenges. Four levels of difficulty with one being for the truly masochistic!
Your survival is dependent on protecting two vessels - they are devices in sync, a dance and song between two entities tethered together in symbiosis. Feel edge of your seat terror where the world around you becomes quiet and numb as all that matters is the game -- that is Duet.Gameplay
With air tight controls and gameplay tuned to perfection, Duet provides the perfect balance between challenge and pure gaming satisfaction. Turn left and right to twist your vessels and avoid everything in your path. Remember: even that which begins simple can end complex.Nine Story Chapters
Experience nine chapters of deceptive narrative and nerve-twisting gameplay. Replay any stage to perfect your movements and unlock over 50 achievements. This is a game that will test you.Eight Epilogue Chapters
Explore a whole new narrative with all-new game mechanics in the Epilogue. Including over 40 stages, narrative and remix tracks, You will need a new state of mind to complete this experience.Challenges, Encore, and more!
Still can’t get enough Duet?
Discover even more mind-bending challenges with the Encore Chapters.
Compete on the leaderboards in the Endless Mode, Epliogue Endless Mode and Encore Endless Mode.
Hone your reflexes with the Speed Run Mode.Hypnotic Audio
An outstanding handcrafted soundtrack by Melbourne composer and Gotye multi-instrumentalist Tim Shiel. Eighteen unique and mesmerizingly beautiful compositions ensure an immersive experience for you at every step of your journey, complemented by full in-game vocal narration by Jojo Petrina.About Kumobius
Selected for the Indie Showcase at PAX Aus and a finalist in both Game Design and Audio for the Freeplay Festival. This is another award-winning title from the team behind Time Surfer & Bean’s Quest. We call Duet a “Hex-like” in honour of Terry Cavanagh’s contribution to the medium of games and exploration of genres.About Tim Shiel
Tim Shiel is a composer/producer based in Melbourne. Tim is known to some as Faux Pas, the moniker under which he released a steady stream of constantly shifting electronic music for many years. He is also known for his work as a broadcaster at Melbourne independent radio station 3RRR FM, and for his recent role as multi-instrumentalist in Gotye's live band.
22. The Darkside Detective
Where cultists crawl, where demons dwell, where the occult… occults? *ahem* That's where you’ll find Detective Francis McQueen, the lead investigator of the criminally underfunded Darkside Division. When evil darkens the doorsteps of Twin Lakes City – hell, even when it just loiters around shop fronts or hangs out in shady alleyways – he’s there, ready to investigate the cases that nobody else will.
He is The Darkside Detective.
The Darkside Detective is a micro-adventure game with a distinct sense of humour. It’s being developed for PC & Mac, and consists of a series of humorous bite-size investigations into the occult and extraordinary. It features:
- 6 cases, each more spooky than the last
- Music from Ben Prunty, the audiomancer behind gems such as FTL and Gravity Ghost
- At least three jokes
- Cutting edge, high definition pixels
- One free curse-removal, up to and including mid-level witch hexes
You may end up being your own worst enemy if you’re careless!
Every decision you make is critical as the world does not wait for you.
- Struggle against your own bodily urges, such as thirst, hunger, exhaustion, and more!
- Beware of injuries, including bone fractures and blood loss!
- Scavenge or perform research to obtain medical supplies!
- Manage your oxygen and thermal levels while exploring!
- Fight the horrors of Mars with melee and ranged weapons!
- Customize your ranged weapons using modular parts!
- Struggle against the persistence of time! Race against the spread of the infection!
- Enemies will evolve over time from cocoons to monstrosities!
- Defend your generator against invasions!
- Collect and scavenge junk and creature parts to break down into components!
- Produce armor, guns, grenades and upgrades using 3D printers!
- Craft performance enhancers, survival gear, and more with the Bio Combiner!
- Harvest plants and ores using the biosphere and mine. Refine them to create materials!
- Research items to create more powerful versions! Create your own lightsaber or power armor!
- Explore randomly generated sub-levels and hand-crafted locations!
- Experience non-linear storytelling through logs and story sequences!
- Wander freely through Mars colony! Explore districts as you wish!
- Restore the colony’s habitat by repairing temperature and oxygen generators!
- Find clues to the infection! Escape the nightmare!
There is free demo version of Subterrain! If you would like to see how the game plays, please try it!
By 2050, humanity has finally colonized Mars thanks to the efforts of one man, Jeff Murray. To avoid Mars’ high radiation levels and inhospitable temperature changes, he built a city underground. This city was named Mars MPO. Free of the constraints that often plagued businesses and researchers on Earth, scientists and entrepreneurs flocked to MPO.
Recently, Dr. Albert West has migrated to MPO at the personal invitation of Mr. Murray. West has been working on a cure for Alzheimer's disease in a race to save his wife, Jennifer, from dementia. His efforts are cut short; a lab accident leads to an accusation of murder and a prompt prison sentence.
We join Dr. West a little over a year into his prison sentence. It’s been a week since the guards mysteriously vanished. Dr. West is about to find out why.
24. Destiny Warriors RPG
Destiny Warriors is an epic 12 hour JRPG.
Thirteen years ago, your village's leader set off to confront the spirit beasts that threatened to invade and destroy your home.
Among these spirit beasts was a fire dragon that burned everything to ashes, a sea serpent with great healing abilities and a lightning bird that could attack faster than light itself. While the village leader was a powerful warrior, trained in both hand-to-hand combat and magic, he could not overpower them.
Ultimately, he had no choice but to sacrifice his own life by casting a powerful sealing spell on the beasts. This trapped the beasts in the souls of three human children. Unfortunately no one in the village, including the children themselves, knew which children's souls contained the trapped spirit beasts.
Thirteen years later, as you enter the village's elite warrior academy, the spirit beasts have become restless and threaten to break free from their hosts. As student after student goes missing, it's up to you and three friends to abandon your training and set out into the unknown world. Use magic, might, and cunning in order to find the missing students and defeat the spirit beasts in this amazing JRPG.
25. Super Mustache
- Vintage/Retro style graphics and music.
- Customizable controls.
- Save your progress.
- 15 hand crafted levels, 3 worlds filled with action.
- Nostalgic, funny and challenging.
Super Mustache was developed by Redro Games and is being published by Back To Basics Gaming.
The easiest mode is 'HARD'!
BUTCHER is a fast-paced 2D shooter and a blood-soaked love letter to the cult classics of the genre. As a cyborg programmed to eradicate the last remains of humanity, your sole purpose is to well... annihilate anything that moves.
So grab your weapon of choice (from chainsaw, through shotgun, to grenade launcher) and kill your way through underground hideouts, post-apocalyptic cities, jungles and more. And if you're feeling creative, there are plenty other ways of ending your enemies' misery - hooks, lava pits, saws... no death will ever be the same.
If kicking corpses into a lava pit and adorning walls with blood is your idea of a good time, BUTCHER is THE game for you.
(header photo by Bartłomiej T. Listwon)Key features:
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included)
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level)
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies
- Put your reflex and patience to the ultimate test
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher)
- Adorn more than 20 levels with the insides of your enemies
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around)
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors... and more!
- Absolutely no mercy for anyone!
27. Exile's End
Exile's End is an homage to early 90's action-adventure PC games like Flashback and Another World, but with a Japanese flair. The core of the game is from Australian game maker Magnetic Realms with art, cutscenes, and music provided by legends of the 8 and 16-bit eras from Japan. It draws its thematic influence from the science-fiction films and anime of the 80's and its gameplay from classic Amiga and Commodore 64 action-adventures.
- Music From Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden NES, Tecmo Bowl, Captain Tsubasa)
- Art by staff from Secret of Mana,First Kiss Story, Mother 3, and more!
- NES-style cutscenes by OPUS (Half-Minute Hero)
Categories in common with Exile's End: Action
28. Over 9000 Zombies!
Over 9000 Zombies! is top-down arcade action blown out of all reasonable proportions. An endless horde of zombies is coming your way, how long can you survive?
So you might have already sussed out that there’s a lot of undead after you. To stay alive you’re going to need this arsenal of over 20 weapons. Some you might recognize but others are very experimental. Whether you want to shoot, burn, blow up or microwave the zombies there’ll be a weapon for you.
Keeping the barrel of a gun between you and the zombies is a good start but you’ll want to stay out of the open when things get especially crazy. Scavenge scrap metal to build barricades for protection and deploy automated turrets for extra crowd control.
You don’t have to go it alone. Bring both trusted friends and talented strangers into your fold and team up against the hordes with 2 player online co-op and 4 player local co-op.
This level of slaughter needs some decent beats. Using cutting edge research techniques we have been able to isolate the optimum audio for efficient undead butchery. Scratch that trigger-finger itch to the sound of intense electro-rock from Clearside.
The zombies will never stop. They’re only going to get faster and nastier. Keep your eyes peeled for flaming zombies, highly poisonous zombies, zombie animals, giant eyeballs and even the risen remains of political figures. You’re going to die out there so make sure you leave with a bang.
Create your own unique levels to test your mettle and the power of the zombie hordes. Upload them to the Steam Workshop and show the world your creations.
29. Pixel Dungeon
SlideDB Editor's Choice Best Singleplayer game of 2013
Pixel Dungeon is an exciting and extremely popular roguelike (more than 2 million mobile installs!). Explore the depths of Pixel Dungeon, collect useful items and fight fierce monsters to find the Amulet of Yendor (surprise!) - the ultimate artefact of this game world!
Are you prepared for this very easy to play yet difficult to master dungeon crawler?
- Charming pixel-art graphics and a simple interface that gets out of your way.
- 25 randomly generated levels with different settings like sewers, abandoned prison, caves, etc... so you will feel that every new game is unique!
- A deceitful dungeon full of dangers! Try to avoid the hidden traps or falling on deadly chasms. Or find as many chests as you can, full of treasures to use or sell!
- A different array of monsters that will try to get a piece of you on every corner, plus some bigger bosses that will try to get an even bigger piece ;)
- Lots of different items to find, buy, sell... including armor, weapons, potions, wands, scrolls...
- Various character classes to suit your style of play, from the strong Warrior or the knowledgeable Mage to the sneaky Rogue and the powerful Huntress. You can specialize your character even further, if you survive long enough ;)
- Enchantments that you'll have to use on your weapons and armor if you want to survive the dungeon's harsh conditions
- You'll use your alchemy knowledge to brew rare potions, improve the dungeon's economy by spending all your coins on the shops and deal with obnoxious NPCs and their demanding quests
- Lots of other surprises, you'll need to check the game to find out!
Pixel Dungeon is also open source ( https://github.com/watabou/pixel-dungeon ), and available for mobile devices! You can play a previous version now ( http://watabou.itch.io/pixel-dungeon ) and get the last one for mobile at Google Play ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.watabou.pixeldungeon ).
Everything about Pixel Dungeon:
- Temple of the Roguelike forum: http://forums.roguetemple.com/index.php?topic=2826
- Official facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pixeldungeon
- Developer Blog: http://pixeldungeon.tumblr.com/
- Pixel Dungeon Wiki (including things like items and monsters descriptions, tactics and mechanics etc), run by a community: http://pixeldungeon.wikia.com/
Seraph is a skill based, acrobatic combat platformer... without aiming! Featuring an angel, known as Seraph, who's fighting to restore her lost power and ultimately escape a prison infested with demons. However, dark magic has trapped the angel inside her human Vessel: if the Vessel dies, so will Seraph.Key Features
- Gun-fu acrobatic combat - Seraph chooses her own targets with a wide range of deadly firearms, allowing the player to focus on acrobatic evasion instead. Dodge enemy attacks with lightning fast reactions and look awesome while doing it!
- Dynamic difficulty scaling - The on-screen difficulty rating ensures that the game is always challenging. The better you do, the harder the enemies (but the greater the rewards!).
- Designed to be replayed - Levels are procedurally generated and filled with random pick-ups, enemies and bosses. Craft new weapons, Miracles and protective items through the Transmutation feature and unlock powerful passive Oaths for your next demonic encounter. Daily and weeky challenge leaderboards allow you to test your mettle against other players.
- Not a rogue-like! - Seraph can be slain in her battles, but doing so will mean resurrecting with less maximum health. Discover hidden checkpoint orbs to save your start point through the campaign if you die completely.
- Twitch features - Seraph can be played in Twitch mode, allowing viewers to vote between levels to give the Streamer a positive or negative modifier, which then actually alters the game!
Categories in common with Seraph: Action
31. Quest of Dungeons
Quest of Dungeons is a turn based dungeon crawler game featuring a good old 16-bit retro artistic look.
That thing people usually skip
An unspecific evil Dark Lord has stolen all the light, so your mission is to enter his lair and defeat him. That's it, now go get him.
By playing as either a Warrior, a Wizard, a Assassin or a Shaman you have to traverse dungeons, defeat enemies and loot everything you can in order to survive. You can learn new skills in Tomes you find along the way and buy/sell items at shops.
The entire game is procedural so you won't find items/enemies in the same place each time you play.
- Procedural dungeons
- Procedural weapons
- Boss encounters
- 4 Difficulty levels
- Permadeath - Once you die, game over man, game over!
- Shop - buy and sell items/weapons
- Leaderboards - compare your Adventure points with the community
32. Escape Goat 2
"The game’s flow from challenge to discovery is a masterwork for the genre ..." - Ars Technica
Escape Goat 2 is a puzzle platformer game where you use machinery, the environment, and a friendly mouse to progress through a dungeon.
Overview: None have overcome the Stronghold of Toragos... will you be the first goat to do so? Escape Goat 2 is the follow-up to the critically-acclaimed 2011 indie game, featuring more than double the content: larger rooms, HD graphics, dynamic lighting, and a host of devilish new traps.
Pick your path through the massive Stronghold, divided into ten unique zones. Worry not, brave Goat, for you have a friend on this mission: Your immortal mouse familiar can crawl to otherwise unreachable areas, to hit switches and distract enemies. Use your wits, reason, reflexes and courage to overcome each room, and save your friends from an eternal slumber...
- Over 100 rooms of puzzles, traps, and sheeply lore
- With destructible and movable walls, the rooms take on many forms as you manipulate hidden machinery to reach the exit
- Fully hand-drawn, hi-def art and animation, brought to life with a custom lighting engine
- Epic 90's Redbook Audio soundtrack, featuring guest track by Disasterpeace (composer, FEZ)
Listen to the soundtrack!
33. Infectonator: Survivors
Imagine if Left 4 Dead gets a retro make-over and mixed with a little bit of roguelike and survival simulation mechanics, the result would be "Infectonator : Survivors".
"Infectonator : Survivors" is a Randomized Permadeath Survival Simulator that combines RTS, Tower Defense, Roguelike, and Management-Simulation gameplay. Your goal is to lead a group of survivors in a struggle to stay alive and find rescue in a zombie apocalyptic world. You must scavenge resources, build defenses, and find a way to survive in a game where death is permanent and levels are randomly generated.
• Awesome pixel art graphics.
• Randomly generated cities every time you play.
• Permanent Death. Each survivor matters, every decision counts.
• Addictive TD gameplay combined with action packed real time strategy elements.
• Deep and engaging management simulation gameplay.
Songbringer: Procedural Action RPG
Songbringer is a scifi action RPG with swords, secrets, dungeons, bosses and stuff.
You play the role of protagonist and accidental hero, Roq Epimetheos. With a propensity for partying and making music, he cruises the galaxy with his skybot Jib aboard the ship Songbringer, searching for verdant planets absent the presence of galactic police.
When Roq finds the nanosword hidden in a cave on Ekzera, he unwittingly awakens an ancient evil. The sword is pretty fraggin' sweet though. It... hums.
Jib, the Skybot
Jib began life as a human boy on the skycity planet Yuerder. Growing up, he took an interest in programming artificial intelligence, eventually making a career for himself. On his deathbed, he illegally transferred his consciousness into a skybot, destroying the consciousness link thereby preventing overwrite.
Jib scans the bodies of your fallen foes, sometimes uncovering valuable loot. He can also gain the ability to stun foes. Jib is automatically controlled by AI, or player two can play Jib in local co-op mode.
Lacking the ability to grow one as a human, Jib is obsessed with mustaches.
You choose a 6-letter world seed when beginning a quest. This seed is used to procedurally generate the planet, overworld, secrets and dungeons.
Entering the same world seed will always generate the same world, no matter which platform you are playing on. Thus lore and competition can be shared with others.
Play a new seed and surprise yourself with a new world. Or enter a seed you are familiar with for a speed run.
Open / Non-linear
The generated overworld is open and non-linear. Head in any compass direction you like or play dungeons out of order. You aren't even required to pick up the sword.
Of the nine dungeons Roq and Jib can uncover in each world:
- Some are thematic, containing puzzles and items integral to completing the world.
- Some are secret, hidden side quests in which abilities can be gained.
- Some are tough as nails with overwhelmingly difficult foes, mobs and bosses.
Secrets of the Cacti
Everywhere one looks, there is much that is not seen. Concealed treasures abound. By eating cacti, Roq gains psychedelic powers and is able to perceive the secrets that lurk in plain sight.
Some items Roq discovers can be combined to create distinct artifacts. Find a blink orb and a fire cube? Take these to the droidsmith aboard Songbringer to craft a fire orb enabling Roq to teleport forward a few steps while turning into a fireball.
Songbringer features no experience points (no XP). Progress is made by crushing mobs, vanquishing bosses and claiming lost technological devices.
On completing a quest, several factors are quantified to produce an overall score:
- Time to complete
- Percentage of map uncovered
- Percentage of items obtained
- Game mode: regular vs permadeath
Your score can be saved to a global leaderboard sorted by world seed. This leaderboard cycles through seeds by popularity and freshness. You can manually override to view a particular seed.
35. Super Galaxy Squadron EX Turbo
2438. Eleven years after the First Ceti War. The United Interstellar Federation and a secluded alien race from Tau Ceti are locked in a tense stalemate. Seventeen of the best pilots in the Federation have been recruited to single handedly win the inevitable second war.
Super Galaxy Squadron EX Turbo is an expansion/remaster/one-step-from-a-sequel to 2015's Super Galaxy Squadron, and takes the original game's frantic action and modern accessibility to vastly greater heights. New and returning features include:
- Seventeen ships with unique stats and weapons to suit a variety of playstyles
- Six stages of classic shmup action (and savage bosses) in Arcade Mode
- An infinite onslaught to satisfy your scoring itch in Endless Mode
- The supreme timed challenge of Boss Rush Mode
- A range of difficulty options, from calm and newbie-friendly to basically impossible
- Fully voiced cutscenes for the two people looking for a good story
- New mechanics like Overdrive & Focus that help you kill more things and get more points
- A (nearly) complete graphical overhaul
- Still a whole lot of explosions (like you were ever worried)
Feeling nostalgic, or just want to see what's changed? Super Galaxy Squadron EX Turbo includes the original Super Galaxy Squadron, so load up your smaller, slightly less pretty ship for a trip down (two year old) memory lane. Or don't. It's up to you.
36. Shadow Blade: Reload
Shadow Blade is an action-platformer set in a visually striking world where the ancient teachings of ninjas and samurai clash upon a modern landscape. Sprint through stages littered with traps, slaying enemies along your path without hesitation as Kuro, the blade of shadow!Story
Darkness and chaos are once again creeping into the world of man. The covenant made in a time almost forgotten has failed, the three clans now in a violent struggle for dominance. The medallion is almost made whole again and it falls upon Kuro?s shoulders to restore balance. All his training has led up to this one moment, where the fate of the world will rest in his blood-stained hands.Key Features
- Epic NINJA Platforming: Test your skills in fast-paced platforming, mastering the skills of the ninja to breeze through challenging levels.
- Vicious NINJA Combat: Kill your enemies with extreme prejudice through the mastery of the katana, shurikens and kusarigama!
- Shadow Ninja: Attack the guards before they see you and alert all other mobs.
- Story Campaign: Fully voiced motion comics tell the story of Kuro?s plight to restore balance!
- More than 50 Challenging Levels: Environmental hazards, rifle-toting warriors and many more challenges await a hardened warrior.
- Level Secrets: Raw speed doesn?t guarantee the highest rank. A true ninja is ever vigilant, aware of any possibly hidden areas.
- Ninja = Hardcore: Cleared the normal campaign? Prepare for the ?Hardcore? variation and if you dare, the ultimate ?Master Class? version awaiting only the foolhardy.
- Challenge Modes and Leaderboards: Feel the need to gloat? Challenge yourself in these specially crafted stages only for the masters. Compare your stats with friends and other players as you fight for the top of the leaderboards!
Level Editor and Workshop Integration: Create and upload your own levels to Steam Workshop for your friends and other players to check out. Become the ultimate Dojo Builder!
Stylish 3D World: Feast your eyes on a world where ninja and samurai clash in a modern landscape.
Achievements: Unlock a full list of achievements as you embark on your mission to restore balance.
Cloud Saving: All progress saved through the Steam Cloud for pick-up-and-play on any steam powered device.
The Deluxe Edition includes:
1 - Shadow Blade: Reload game
2 - Art Book
3 - Comic Book
4 - Original SoundtrackFollow the development on Twitter
37. Lamplight City
For police detective turned private investigator Miles Fordham, Lamplight City's shadowy corners are just part of the territory. But with his former partner constantly speaking to him from beyond the grave, his grip on sanity is slowly loosening. Can Miles find justice for his clients and track down his partner's killer before his entire world comes apart?
Lamplight City is a detective adventure set in an alternate steampunk-ish "Victorian" past.Features
- Be the detective you want to be. But prepare to face the consequences.
Investigate crime scenes, interrogate suspects, get information by any means necessary. Follow the law or make your own rules, but how you choose to act will affect people's attitudes towards you.
- Five cases to solve, with multiple suspects, false leads, and different outcomes.
Never find yourself stuck in a dead-end situation. If the case becomes unsolvable, simply move on to the next one. The story will adapt based on your choices.
- Single click interface with no inventory.
Gather clues and documents in your casebook for review. Item manipulation is handled via a context-sensitive cursor.
- A fictional city with four boroughs to explore, each with their own unique flavor.
Players will visit each of these boroughs throughout the game, exploring themes such as class divide and the public's fear of emerging steam tech.
- Inspired by the works of Edgar Allan Poe and Charles Dickens.
- Meet over 50 professionally voiced characters.
- Original score by Mark Benis
- I fostered a lifelong love for the adventure genre, culminating in a Purple Tentacle tattoo (Day of the Tentacle, duh) on my upper left arm. So I’ll be playing Lamplight City, too. Trust.
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- Overall, this game has a lot going for it, and I encourage you to check it out even if you’re not an adventure game buff.
- Hey Poor Player
- Featuring a crisp pixel art style and steampunk influences, Lamplight City is certainly a game that catches the eye.
38. Onikira - Demon Killer
Developed by Irish-based indie, Digital Furnace Games, Onikira: Demon Killer is an awesome side-scrolling, 2D beat’em-up set in fantasy feudal Japan. As Yamazaki Jiro, a lone samurai, players battle to prevent the forces of the Japanese underworld, Yomi, from consuming the land of the living.
Onikira: Demon Killer blends together complex deep fighting mechanics usually found in traditional 3D beat-em’ups, like Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta and merges them with classic 2D platform-game mechanics. Onikira’s expressive fighting system enables players to engage in whichever way suits them best. Some players will prefer to go toe-to toe with heavy weapons and mash buttons while others will opt for a ranged game style, avoiding heavy melee encounters. Try launching an enemy into the air, wall jumping to position yourself above them then Katana Slaming them into the ground. Switch weapons to the Naginata and use the Naginata Lift and air dash moves to stay in the air and off crumbling platforms, while pulling enemies up to you to be dispatched in mid-air. Whip out your grappling hook to grapple between platforms, across chasms or fiery pits, all the while fending off enemies.
Onikira: Demon Killer boasts seven challenging areas and players can express themselves with over forty uber-cool moves, using four devastating weapons. Each level is littered with foul demons that players must dispatch back to the underworld and players must also face two mini-bosses and two epic mega bosses. Every level is crammed full of environmental aids to help the player in combat encounters. Slice the support pillars off a building and watch it crush your enemies as it collapses, or use your moves to fling enemies into spikes, pits, or the path of moving deadly objects. Be careful though, as dropping a building on your own head is known to cause sadness!
Unique high-level combat – Onikira mixes 2D platform game elements into the combat system to make something special. Moving platforms, wall jumping, wall running and grappling all serve to make for dynamic and emergent combat encounters.
Seven Areas – the narrative unfolds over highly polished and gorgeous hand-painted levels featuring rain drenched villages, destroyed opulent cities, mountaintop locations and an erupting volcano.
Master unique weapons – Each weapon - sword, tetsubo, naginata or arm blades - has multiple unlockable moves which can result in massive combo chains when moves are strung together. Combo chains turn directly into score multipliers.
Responsive and Expressive Combat System – players are rewarded for strategic and skill-based fighting. Play flows naturally from move to move, allowing the player to create new combos that haven’t been designed explicitly by the developers.
Soul Shop – souls are the currency of Onikira. Use them to revive your health and trade them. At certain points inside each level, the player will find rifts into Yomi where benevolent spirits will trade moves for collected souls.
Challenge Arenas – players complete combat related challenges and improve their score and skill to gain achievements. The arenas are fully integrated into Steam’s online leaderboards.
Specific enemy types – with their own unique vulnerabilities, every enemy emphasises a particular fighting style, like a floating, possessed Mempo mask that encourages the use of air game or a monstrously twisted high-ranking samurai, where hit and run tactics are the best way to stay alive.
39. Survivor Squad: Gauntlets
Survivor Squad: Gauntlets is a Strategy-Action game where you command a Squad of Survivors in a world where Line of Sight is extremely important, you cannot shoot what you cannot see. Develop your formations, move as a unit and cover every corner. Leave no man behind!
Use your weapons and gadgets to slaughter hundreds of infected in a series of levels with unique events. Gather your group, build your base, craft your gear, level your squad and get to the extraction!
Complete 20 Puzzle-like Editor Challenges that will test your brain and problem solving skills while teaching you the power of the editor
Survivor Squad: Gauntlets also features a very powerful Editor that has been used to build all the Developer Content you see in the game. It lets you place all kinds of Objects and interact with them through hundreds of possible Event Actions and manipulate them with Variables and Event Triggers. Anything from Lasers to Sentry Guns to Buttons and even Custom Interfaces!
The editor is essentially a visual programming language so if you can imagine it, you can build it!
Along with the Editor comes several tools for sharing and playing Community built Gauntlets. Build a death trap and challenge your friends to beat your score!
40. Reflection of Mine
Reflection of Mine is a dark puzzle video game about the dissociative identity disorder. The entire game takes place in the broken mind of Lilly Witchgan and the goal is to discover who is real – Lilly herself or one of her many personalities. The plot will tell us about her many minds and how are they fighting each other.
During the game, the player controls two characters at the same time and one of them repeats the actions after another. If the player turns left – both of the girls will go left, if the player turns right – both of them go right, if one dies – the other is buried with her. The difficulty is in finding the exit of the map, which is separated into two different parts. Maybe one of the girls will see only flowers in front of her, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t a trap before her second personality. You will find a variety of traps that bring diversity into the game mechanics.
Here, madness is represented as it really is – Lilly is a foreigner in her own body and her memory is broken into pieces by the other personalities. She can’t remember many hours of her life, even days, months and years. Her live is a broken puzzle and we are here to help this girl.
- More than 10 hours of gameplay.
- Story driven psychological game.
- 55 unique puzzles with big variety mechanics.
- 10 stages of arcade mode.
- Original soundtrack.
- More than 10 unique personalities.
- Perfect way to challenge your mind.
- Use gamepad, keyboard, mouse or touch to play.
The game was developed by one person – Slava Gris who combined his art skills with his knowledge of psychology and programming to bring to life Reflection of Mine. The soundtrack is provided by Expecte Amour whose music inspired Slava to create this dark world of madness.
Playable Gal 01- Finish the game with GAL.00 will Unlock GAL.01 "Shield GAL" as playable character!
- While unable to access other GAL power GAL.01 still can upgrade with Powerup Item! with her own set of powerup.
- Fight GAL.00 as Enemy!
To start as GAL.01, create a new profile and choose her from Character Select menu.
Note Story content will cut off from GAL.01 Mode.
About the GameMETAGAL is an 2D platformer action game.
You will take the shoes of "Meta" ,a cyborg girl, in her quest to rescue her Creator "Dr Ray" from the hands of "General Creeper", the evil leader of a rogue army!!
Also Metagal's sisters, were kidnapped by Creeper: he turned them in battle cyborgs, in order to use their powers to rule the world!! Meta must face her sisters, free them, and copy their abilities. She must fight for 8 stages of intense action, and prepare herself for the final confrontation against Creeper himself!
- Classic jump and shoot style platformer.
- 8 levels with unique environment,detailed design and different gimmick.
- 30 Enemies types not including Boss
- Defeat Gal No.# Boss and use their weapon.
- Collect secret items to power up your character.
- Soft death penalty with "Gear" system allows player to resolve their mistakes with less frustration.
- Controller and Keyboard customize support.
Note This game support only "XInput controllers" Like Xbox 360 Controller for Example
kuso is a sequel to LOVE, and is a reductive platforming game with a retro aesthetic and a focus on a challenging difficulty. You find yourself in a minimalist world and with only the ability to run and jump, as well as the option to leave a checkpoint on any solid ground. Make your way through acid, long jumps, disappearing platforms, bouncers, and swinging axes.
No challenge is impossible in kuso. Proper timing and careful jumps will carry you to safety in any situation.
The free debut demo version of kuso includes:
• 3 new levels from kuso
• 6 remade levels from LOVE
• New music from the game’s original composer, James Bennett
• xinput Controller Support
• Steam Achievements
• Steam Leaderboards for kuso Speedruns
• Steam Leaderboards for LOVE Speedruns
• Controller remapping in Steam’s Overlay
43. Polygon Attack
The game based on saving the Earth from complete termination by aliens. You are the only one who decided to go against the army of enemy spaceships. Get ready to maintain continuos fire against enemy. Use your agility to destroy a hole bunch of foes. Break through unlimited waves of enemies, fight unpredictable bosses, summon your allies for help.
- variety of weapons with unique characteristics and effects
- weapon and equipment upgrade system
- unique awards and bonuses for destroying enemies
- each enemy needs his own approach
- convenient control for gamepad or mouse
- unique graphics inspired by the "Vectrex" game console and carefully recreated on modern hardware
44. Templar Battleforce
Templar Battleforce is an addictive mix of strategic combat and army building with the precision gameplay of RPGs. Step into a Leviathan mech and lead the Templar Knights in battle against fierce Xenos. Create your own unique Battleforce by recruiting an array of Templar specialists -- and invent distinct strategies for your fireteams. Deploy your forces in tactical scenarios that challenge both novice and veteran alike. Put your best strategies to the test and see if you can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat in this futuristic turn-based wargame.
Armored in the Leviathan battle mechs, your mighty Templars will face hordes of terrifying Xenos, rogue human factions, and the ancient Narvidian threat. Slash and blast your way across a deep and deadly sci-fi universe -- waging war with cunning Scouts, righteous Soldiers, flamethrowing Hydras, specialized Engineers, deadly Sentry Turrets, and the indomitable Berserks.
Lead your squad as they blast, hack, and burn their way through the galaxy!
- Command your Templars in turn-based tactical warfare across 55+ unique scenarios
- Face diverse challenges in every deployment: corridor-to-corridor, open desert warfare, territory control (capturing tactical points), defensive last stands, scorched-earth retreats, infiltration deep behind enemy lines, and complex puzzles
- Lead your squad in battle against immense and mighty bosses
- Immerse yourself in a branching sci-fi storyline and explore a vast sci-fi lore
- Deploy specialist Templars and discover unique fireteam combinations with stealth, grenades, defensive overwatch, scorching flamethrowers, hindering attacks, and sentry turrets
- Face 25+ diverse enemy units: the Xeno, the Narvidians, and rogue human factions
- Build your unique battleforce with exacting precision, recruit and design every squad member
- Customize the appearance, armor design, talents, and equipment of your veteran Templars
- Endless combinations of squads, soldiery, and tactics will keep you coming back for more!
- Replay the campaign with your victorious squad in a New Game+ mode
The Templar Knights are a revered and storied martial order who were the elite forces for the Star Traders during their most challenging conflict: the Galactic War against the Guild.
Their unchallenged prowess derives from two key factors:
- Leviathan Battle Suits - They pilot 10 foot tall battle mechs known as Leviathan Battle Suits. Once designed for high-pressure environments and exploring gas giants and deep space, these mechs have been adapted for war.
- Templar Lineage - Templars descend from a Zendu bloodline -- a unique heritage that gives them the ability (with proper training and ritual) to pass all of memories from their lives (and any memories passed down by their ancestors) to a newly born child. This memory gift is known as a Templar’s Lineage – and it is what gives Templars their immense advantage in combat, tactics, engineering, and the ability to drive the hulking Leviathan Battle Suits. The player takes on the role of a Templar Captain who hails from a storied Lineage reaching back 87 Templars -- and who pages back through the memories to help cope with the dire situation at hand.
The Templar Knights are a martial order sworn to protect the Star Traders – the last known free humans. Under the guidance of the Templars and the prophet Shalun, the Star Traders departed the ruins of the Galactic Core, leaving behind desolation wrought by the great Galactic War. Guided by the prophet, the Star Traders sought a new home among the stars. Across the multi-generational journey of the Great Exodus, many ships have been lost, fallen behind, or splintered from the main fleet -- scattering the Star Traders to the galactic winds.
With the Great Exodus coming to an end, the Star Traders founded new colonies on the few remaining habitable worlds. The Templar Knights are called upon once again to defend the Star Traders and their new colonies from an ancient threat.
Templar Battleforce is the fourth Trese Brothers title set in the Star Traders universe. The game follows Templar Assault, the Trese Brothers’ original squad-based warfare game in which players lead squads of Templar Knights against the Xeno threat. Templar Battleforce inherits not only the rich story of its predecessor, but the game’s high tension and corridor-to-corridor combat style. Games created by the Trese Brothers are known for challenging difficulty progressions, so you’ll have the option to play on easy and normal difficulties -- or crank it up into multiple gears of insanely challenging combat!
Trese Brothers Games is one of the premier indie game development studios for desktop and mobile RPG and strategy games. Andrew and Cory Trese founded Trese Brothers Games in 2010 from a shared passion for challenging, highly replayable games. With more than six games on major game platforms and markets, Trese Brothers Games has more than 2.5 million customers . . . and counting.
Come join the family! We’re an indie studio built on the mixed skills of three brothers: Cory is the oldest and our engineering ninja, Andrew is the middle brother who both codes and draws, and Martin is the youngest and the artistic talent behind Templar Battleforce. You can find our team interacting with gamers every day on our forum about everything from features to new content.
We make games we love -- and we hope you’ll love them, too!
45. Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory
A cube of sugar escapes from factories to avoid the fate of becoming a cookie!
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory is a 2D platformer game that presents the story of a sugar cube. The background tiles of the game have two sides, namely, the front and the back. These tiles can be flipped for access to critical hints to solve different levels. They may or may not help you, so pay attention!
The game is the full version of IGF China 2010's winner, Sugar Cube. It includes 5 factory themes containing 90 levels and 2 endings. Also included is the full soundtrack of the game.
Note: Soundtrack will be located at -> Steam -> Steamapps -> Common -> Sugar Cube Bittersweet Factory -> Soundtrack
46. Robbie Swifthand and the Orb of Mysteries
Robbie Swifthand and the Orb of Mysteries is a 2D platformer with an old school
feeling, captivating atmosphere and challenges designed to make you THINK before you
Plan ahead your every move and outsmart the traps that are lurking
in the temple or get dissected in hilarious ways!Premise
Robbie wakes up in an unfamiliar room with a small spirit telling him that he has to save humanity.
Who cares ?
If there is a reward he'll do it.
Experience RAGE and satisfaction in this hardcore platformer!
Buy an extra keyboard/gamepad or two .. you'll need it...CONTROLS:
A - MOVE LEFT
S - CROUCH
D - MOVE RIGHT
SPACE - JUMP
R CNTRL - THROW ORB / CONFIRM
ARROWS - LOOK UP / DOWN / LEFT / RIGHT
ESC - EXIT TO LEVEL SELECTION
Use of GamePad is strongly suggested. Default controls are optimised for Xbox 360/One controllers howerer they are fully customizable!
47. Soviet Souls
Game DescriptionSoviet Souls is a modern 2D platformer with pixel-style graphics. In each level, the player chooses which of the available characters to pass it. Knowledge of the mechanic and caution will help you cope with the most difficult troubles.DifficultySoviet Souls is a platformer with medium difficulty. At each level, you will meet a dozen deaths. But the success of passing levels directly depends on the skill of your game. The threshold of entry is very low, but the difficulty will increase with each passing level, which will give a certain challenge to the player.Game Features
- 3 game characters with different combat techniques
- 32 detailed levels
- interesting achievements
- 5 interesting and unique locations
- 3 dangerous bosses with interesting mechanics
- character skills upgrade
- two endings: normal and good
- cutscenes and history reveal the causes and consequences of what is happening
- gamepad support
Mekazoo is a 2D platformer set in a vibrant 3D world with fast-flowing gameplay and a cast of kinetically-diverse mechanized animals. Control a pair of synthetic creatures by switching between each unique set of movements and abilities at any moment. Fast reflexes and determination will be needed to overcome and discover the many obstacles and secrets of Mekazoo.
Experience an inspired adventure that pays homage to 90's video game goodness. Use classic platforming abilities combined seamlessly at the press of a button. Feel the rhythm of a thematically diverse soundtrack that drives the fast paced action. And discover truly unique local co-op gameplay that makes completing the many challenges of Mekazoo an unforgettable experience.
49. Archibald's Adventures
Archie and crazy professor Klumpfus are stuck in the professor's mansion after the latest experiment of the goofy scientist went all wrong! All kinds of weird lifeforms escaped from their containment. A paranoid central computer issued a lock down on the mansion and trapped both heroes inside!
Help Archie to overcome all the pitfalls of the mad scientist's mansion in this action puzzle game! Test your skills and wit in nearly 200 levels!
- Go through 191 levels in this mind breaking action puzzle platform game!
- Climb walls and ceilings in a magnetic rolling pod!
- Solve brain busting riddles with remotely controlled flying bubblegum!
- Move around as a professor in his jet propelled armchair!
- Use your wit and fast reactions to avoid nasty dangers of the mansion!
- Encounter lots of weird and funny monsters running loose in the levels!
- The game can be controlled with a mouse, keyboard or gamepad.
- Now with Steam cards and achievements.
Play as a special ops combat unit sent to investigate why the stars around Solar System are going dark in MegaSphere — a story-based post-cyberpunk action platformer adventure game of supermassive scale set in early 22nd century: smart guns, robots, self-reconstructing environments, and vast AIs.
New world each time you play
Those AI's are called 'intelligence' for a reason
A homing flamethrower, a wall-destroying graviton, a bouncing RPG?
THE SCI-FI LOOK YOU'VE LOVED
Pixel art + pixel-perfect modern lighting engine
PERMADEATH WITH CHECKPOINTS
One life per user, unless you're a cat
Believable, alive world. So good it hurts
GAMEPAD OR MOUSE+KEYBOARD
Designed to work with your favorite control scheme