The best games like Stardew Valley are:
- arrow_rightThe Swapper
- arrow_rightCave Story+
- arrow_rightNot A Hero
- arrow_rightBroken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse
- arrow_rightParty Hard 2
- arrow_rightCities in Motion
- arrow_rightRise to Ruins
25 Best Games Like Stardew Valley:
Filter by Platform Linuxarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (13)
- PlayStation 4 (19)
- iOS (19)
- Android (13)
- macOS (60)
- Linux (37)
- Nintendo Switch (11)
- Nintendo 3DS (8)
- Nintendo DS (3)
- Xbox 360 (6)
- PlayStation 3 (6)
- PlayStation (1)
- PS Vita (7)
- Wii U (9)
- Wii (9)
- GameCube (1)
- Game Boy Advance (3)
- Game Boy Color (1)
- Game Boy (2)
- SNES (10)
- NES (8)
- Classic Macintosh (3)
- Apple II (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (15)
- Atari ST (10)
- Genesis (8)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (3)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Game Gear (1)
1. The Swapper
The Swapper is a classical platform game with several elements of Metroidvania focused on solving puzzles. The game follows a female astronaut stranded on the abandoned space research station in a science-fictional universe. Completing the game players will be able to learn more about the fate of researches and to restore the sequence of events held aboard the station. Players assume the role of the protagonist, as she tries to clarify the mystery of a unique item, which allows her to clone herself and to transfer the mind to the clone. Therefore, the cloning ability is a basic game mechanic that helps the player to solve puzzles and complete levels. The gameplay features traditional side-scrolling platformers’ elements: players control the 2D action from the third-person perspective. In the course of the completion, players are going to face obstacles of varying degrees of complexity ranging from simple barriers (however inaccessible for clones) to higher platforms or even gravity shutdowns.
2. Cave Story+
Cave Story is a game in the Metroidvania platform-adventure genre, first released on PC in 2004. The game is set in deep dark caves on a floating island. The island is inhabited by a race of intelligent rabbit-like creatures called Mimigas.
Controlling the main character with a gamepad or a keyboard, the player explores an amazing and mysterious world, simultaneously solving platformer-puzzles and defeating enemies. In the world of the game, several types of weapons are available, and a victory in a duel with a foe will bring experience points. In the rest - Cave Story is a classic 2D platformer with polished controls and an interesting setting.
The unnamed main character wakes up in a dark cave without remembering who he is and where he came from. After reaching the settlement, he learns that the world of Mimigas is in danger and decides to help. In the + version of the game released on Steam in 2011, an alternative scenario that does not coincide with the original English localization of the game is featured, as well as an additional “Wind Fortress” level.
3. Not A Hero
Not A Hero is an indie cover-based 2D shooter game developed by Roll7.
A purple rabbit named BunnyLord uses time travel to become a mayor and save the world from the alien invasion. In order to prove to the people that he has to be elected, he hires freelance anti-heroes to get rid of the crime in the city.
Not A Hero features a unique pixelated style. At the beginning of each level, the player chooses one out of nine characters. Each character has their own traits and a set of unique gameplay changes. The players have a primary weapon that they can upgrade either temporarily or until the level is completed. Special weapons are also available, such as automatic turrets or exploding cats.
There is no jumping in the game, yet the player can slide. Sliding can be used to get into cover against the in-game objects or tackle enemies which makes them easier to kill. The characters can withstand several hits and the health is restored pretty fast.
The game features different objectives for each level, but every one of them is issued by BunnyLord.
4. Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse is a point-and-click adventure game developed by Revolution Software. It was funded through Kickstarter.
On an art exhibition in a modern-day Paris, a criminal disguised as a pizza boy shoots the art galleries owner and steals the painting that was captured by fascists in Catalonia in 1937. George and Nico accidentally meet each other and begin the investigation of this event.
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse is a 2-dimensional game that is, unexpectedly, features a third-person camera. Like in the previous titles of the series, the game still relies on its point and click user interface. In order to bring something new into the gameplay, Revolution Software added crafting into the game. Crafting allows creating new items that are essential to progress further into the game's levels.
Like in the previous game, Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse relies on its hotspot system. There are special spots scattered across the levels. When the players stand right on them, several actions will become available for them.
Character death scenes are back again. It is possible to die if the players react too slow on something or make a wrong decision. The players do not start off the last checkpoint after death. Instead, the players spawn right before their death scene.
CS2D is a fast-paced top-down multiplayer shooter! FREE for Windows, Linux & MacOS!
Two teams fight each other in action packed matches. With a variety of missions like bomb planting, hostage rescue, V.I.P. assassination, capture the flag, construction, zombies, deathmatch and team deathmatch. You have access to a huge arsenal of weapons - also including crazy stuff like portal guns, lasers, RPGs and much more. Play online, in LAN or against bots. Use the built-in map editor to create your own maps within seconds or write Lua scripts to modify and extend the game!
CS2D is 100% FREE! Zero costs. No payments. No pay to win. No way to spend money.
That's right! You don't have to pay anything to play this game! We just want you to have some fun!
- Fast paced online action (or offline against Lua scripted bot AI)
- Pistols, shotguns, rifles, sniper rifles, (S)MGs, grenades and many other weapons
- Many game modes: Classic (Bombs, Hostages, VIP), Deathmatch, Zombies, Construction...
- Easy to use map editor with entity/trigger system
- Console & buy scripts
- Modify & extend with Lua scripts (yes, we also have mods with funny hats!)
- Dynamic light effects and a "GTA 2"-like top-down 3D mode
- Win, Linux & MacOS clients and headless dedicated server
- Many active players around the world, loads of custom maps and scripts!
- ... also... did we mention that all this is FREE OF CHARGE?!
- Many different firearms and a tactical shield
- Fancy special armors (including a medic armor and a stealth armor)
- Medikits & bandages (instant health recovery on pickup)
- Money items (gain money by collecting them)
- Close combat: machete, wrench, claw, chainsaw
- Special "grenades": flare, molotov cocktail, gas grenade, airstrike, snowball
- Launchers: RPG launcher, rocket launcher, grenade launcher
- Mines: anti-personnel mine, laser mines
- And more: flamethrower, laser, portal gun, ... - over 70 different items in total!
- Classic mode with DE, CS and AS maps (bombs, hostages, VIPs)
- Deathmatch: just go crazy and kill everyone!
- Team Deathmatch with capture the flag and domination maps
- Construction mode: Build your own turrets, walls, teleporters, dispensers and more!
- Zombies! Try to survive or be a zombie and infest all survivors!
- CS2D has been around for over a decade and it has been improved with many updates
- A complete and working game! No early access! no wrong promises! WYSIWYG!
- The awesome CS2D community already created tons of custom maps and mods
6. Party Hard 2
You don't get your Christmas bonus and the only logical thing to do is go on a rampage at an Office Holiday Party. Welcome to Party Hard 2, the Stealth Strategy game you've been waiting for! With a brand new engine and art-style, Party Hard 2 expands Hitman-style gameplay of the original game with brand new features.
Some of the upcoming new gameplay features:
- Take out multiple targets at the same time with a powerful Multi-Kill ability
- Scan the room for useful objects and targets with Party Vision
- You can now pickup up to 3 extra items in your inventory. Why not light up the dance floor with a gas canister?
The game is currently in Alpha 1 stage, follow the game's development right here, click that FOLLOW button under the trailer!
7. Cities in Motion
Cities in Motion.
Overseeing the changing needs of people from 1920 to 2020, it’s up to you to manage everything from buses, trams and subway trains to maximize profits while pleasing commuters.
- Explore four different cities: Vienna, Helsinki, Berlin, and Amsterdam
- Engage in a campaign with 12 scenarios, as well as a sandbox mode where all campaign cities are playable
- Experience realistic 3D graphics with more than 100 unique, highly detailed buildings
- Use the advanced map editor to create your own cities
- Play through 100 years of transportation history throughout four eras spanning from 1920 to 2020
- Choose between more than 30 different vehicles based on real-life models of buses, trams, water buses, helicopters, and subways, complete with an underground view
- Experience a real-time city and traffic simulator as each location's bustling population commutes between their homes, jobs, and leisure sites
8. Rise to Ruins
Rise to Ruins is at heart a godlike village simulator, but it also throws in plenty of familiar game play mechanics from classic 90s era real-time strategy games like Warcraft, along with some tower defense and survival elements in an attempt to create a new kind of village simulator. The goal is to try to bridge the gap between the depth and complexity of traditional village simulators, the fun of godlikes and the simplicity of real-time strategy.
Build a village, and die trying!A major part of the game is village management, and trying to discover new and creative ways to use the tools at your disposal to keep yourself alive as long as possible. In this game, you will lose frequently, but with every failure you learn a little bit more about how to survive and apply that knowledge to your next attempt.
Several Game ModesCurrently, the game offers three game modes. Survival, Sandbox and Peaceful.
Survival is the game the way it was meant to be played, as a brutal survival style village sim, you will probably die often trying to figure out the best way to survive, but that's half the fun right?!
Peaceful is very similar to Survival, but it's balanced much like a traditional village simulator with some godlike and RTS elements sprinkled on top. The monster spawn rates are much lower, and the main focus is keeping your village happy and fed. It's a very easy mode, designed for casual players, or players just wanting to experiment.
Sandbox, like the name implies, is a mode where you can play around with the game mechanics. Change the time of day, weather, spawn monsters or villagers, or even edit the map while you're playing on it. This is the ultimate "Screw around" mode for players wanting to play with the game mechanics.
Godlike ElementsNot only can you manage your village, but you also have many godlike abilities at your disposal. You can alter the terrain, blast enemies from afar, pick up objects or creatures, heal your villagers, speed up resource growth and all sorts of other fun godly stuff.
Tons of map set themes!Every set of maps will follow a certain theme (Forest, Desert, Underground, etc). Most of the current screenshots only feature a few of these map sets. But many more are planned.
The Soundtrack!A full original soundtrack, made by Bibiki Garcia that blends orchestral instruments in a way fans of old 1990s era PC gaming will love and remember!
SixtyGig Games is a DRM free independent game developer! Rise to Ruins will not now or ever in the future have any sort of DRM! Piracy protection only hurts you guys, the loyal paying players. So you rest assured knowing that once you buy yourself a copy of Rise to Ruins you'll never again have to concern yourself with nagging questions about if you can continue playing the game down the road due to something like always-online logins, lost registration codes or because you bought a new computer and you're only licensed to put the game on one. All I ask from you is to be reasonable and responsible, you can buy the game and play it as much as you like, wherever you like. Just tell your friends to support my DRM-Free philosophy and buy their own copy! Free Content Patches, no paid-DLC
I don't believe in paying for Downloaded Content. If you buy Rise to Ruins you will have access to the entire game and all the content I'll ever create for this it, forever! I believe DLC is greedy, and you deserve to have the full gaming experience from day 1, right out of the (figurative) box!
Your feedback is extremely important. You can reply here or head on over to the Official Website and help shape the direction of development! :)
9. Hunger Dungeon
"Hunger Dungeon" is a 1-6 player round-based Multiplayer Online Battle Arena game.
Enter a cutthroat arena with more than 12 heroes including the Dwarf Forgemaster, Octo Pirate, Princess Ranger, and the Demonic Knight!
- Compete in absolute chaos in Free-for-All or group up and take on other players in classic Team Deathmatch.
- Mix and match Spell Scrolls and equipment between rounds to optimize your build (like a MOBA).
- Utilize positive and negative status effects to your advantage!
- Or...for those wishing for a greater challenge. Recruit up to 3 other players to take on Dragon Mode, facing off against one of three powerful element dragons for exclusive rewards!
*4 randomly-chosen characters are available for free players each week. Premium players can access the original 12 characters permanently.
- Collecting Gold increases damage dealt
- Collides with opponents head-on
- Leaves a trail of poisonous Dirty Water
- Fires a Death Cannon
- Conceals in the terrain
- Sets traps to immobilize enemies
- Temporarily reduces cooldown of Spell Scrolls
- Increased Mana regeneration
- 2D top-down battle style - with a pixel-art aesthetic
- Free-to-play - four free players available each week, in-game currency to earn permanent Hero unlocks
- Up to 6 player online matches - Free-for-All and Team Deathmatch
- A roster of distinctive characters - each with unique skills and effects
- 30+ Spell Scrolls - fireballs, lightning bolts, and ice bombs devastate your opponents
- 40+ items to equip - turn the tide with unique magical equipment with various effects
- 40+ stages to explore - battle in lush forests, painful volcanoes, or frozen tundras
10. Invisigun Heroes
Invisigun Heroes is a multiplayer, single-screen stealth battle arena with a twist: everyone’s invisible! Predictable grid-based movement ensures that you know where you are, but other players don’t. Vigilance is key as environmental tells such as footprints and other disturbances will point out careless cadets. Using special abilities and firing your Invisigun will also momentarily give you away. Along with items and powerups, these mechanics reward stealth, trickery, reflex, forethought, deception, bluffing, and awareness. A variety of lovingly-made environments, maps, game modes, and abilities combine for high replayability and a deep path to mastery.
Multi-playerCompete with up to 4 friends or bots on a single screen Single-playerTest your skills in a single player challenge mode with 3 skill levels Online PlayMix and match local and online players Controller SupportControl your hero using gamepads or the keyboard Pixel ArtEnjoy hand-crafted pixel art made with care Unique HeroesBattle your friends using a variety of heroes, each with unique special abilities Many EnvironmentsExplore 60 maps spread across 5 planets, each with unique interactivity, hazards, and weather effects Unique Game ModesChoose from a variety of game modes playable on every map for deep replayability Match ModifiersCustomize the game mode conditions with match modifiers Instant ReplaysView hilariously revealing instant replays that expose tactics Export GIFsSave instant replays as animated GIFs Full SoundtrackGroove to the custom pulsing, ambient soundtrack composed by Paper Sound
SurvivalLast hero standing wins a point each round HunterEvery kill earns a point during the rounds Zone ControlMaintain control of the zone to score points DeadlineMost kills within a time limit wins CarrierSurvive while controlling the token Land GrabClaim the most territory to win Beast TamerTame the wild beasts and collect rewards to win
11. Terrian Saga: KR-17
Within the galaxy on the Carina arm live twin solar systems riddled with conflict: the Terrius system and his brother, the Cyrinus system. These two empires travel so closely together they share multiple planets within their gravitational complex. However, the Cyrians have become embroiled in an interplanetary conflict with the Glortac People’s Resistance. Terrius has begun building military installations in order to better help combat the threat of the GPR. One of these bases, built on the planet Valiant, has been sabotaged. A terrorist has released thousands of killer robots on the Valiant base, destroying all personnel. The Terrius military has determined that this terrorist may have contacts with the GPR. Due to the risk of one of their most powerful military installations and armory falling into the hands of the GPR, Terrius has sent a strike force of 100 advanced KR drones to destroy these evil robots and restore order to the base- all before Valiant makes it’s swing into the Cyrinus system.Features
- Adventure across 65 boards spread over 9 themed zones
- Test your mettle against 8 deadly bosses
- Fire and guide J1M to take out hard to reach enemies, blast open new passages and explore
- Receive important updates and explore the relationship between KR-17 and J1M with in-level dialogue
- Collect Gears, find hidden jetpacks, and race the clock to climb the Steam leaderboards
- Experience varied level design: play through non-linear levels that encourage exploration, along with high intensity action platforming sequences
- Earn Steam Achievements that unlock alterations to your character
12. On Rusty Trails
You, a robot named Elvis, are living in a racist world that’s ever suspicious of appearances - just like its hostile inhabitants.
Equipped with your Shifty Suit, you’re able to change your looks in seconds and take advantage of the environment’s reaction. If you don’t adapt, platforms refuse to work, save points don’t save, and jump pads become deadly traps.
Discover rusty suburbs, perishing cities, massive factories and mysterious machines. Experience the escalating conflict between two peoples, while running up walls, jumping across chasms and flying through streams of lava. Expect to be dazzled by an ever-changing environment with fresh mechanics. Play a lovingly crafted platformer adventure from the creators of Tiny & Big!Features
- Look different, at the touch of a button. Influence how the world responds to your appearance.
- Run up the walls and along the ceiling. Get ready for an adrenaline rush from dastardly puzzles.
- Gladden your eyes with finest comic panels, beautifully illustrated backgrounds, and 6 diverse worlds waiting to be explored.
- It creaks, it cracks, it crunches! - A dark and melodic soundtrack with an eclectic selection of music. Haunting robotic sounds for your rainy days and the industrial revolution.
- Compete with your friends on lightning-fast levels with high score leaderboards.
Embark on an adventure with what little you have and discover what the world of Crea has to offer. Through each action, improve your talents and master many skills. Through each victory, grow in strength and shape yourself. Through each inquiry, unlock new items to craft and build. Through each expedition, explore new realms and uncover Crea’s lore.
- Level up by defeating enemies
- Learn over 80 skills through the talent system
- Loot and craft powerful gear with unique attributes
- Discover the world’s expansive mythos and history
- Defeat challenging original monsters each with their own attacks
- Survive by timing shield blocks and dodge rolling
- Vanquish by your weapon of choice: Sword, Spear, Bow, or Magic
- Challenge massive bosses and prepare to die
- Research materials to discover their crafting capabilities
- Find old recipe scrolls scattered throughout the world
- Upgrade equipment to carry over their stats
- Use chaos crafting (minigame) to create even more powerful items
- Explore massive procedurally generated worlds
- Quickly teleport through the use of Way Crystals, Way Shards and Rifts
- Delve into dungeons that not only look different but play different every time
- Travel to completely new Realms beyond the bounds of the main world
- Built from the ground up with modding in mind
- All gameplay logic and content exposed in Python
- Easily create new content or entirely new gameplay systems
- Learn from extensive modding tutorials and API documentation
- Join in on the Development Streams
- Track progress and what’s planned on the Roadmap
- Get the latest development news on Twitter
A robot, a poncho and a journey of discovery! Make your way through this wonderful world of pixelated parallax platforming to solve the ultimate puzzle: who is Poncho?
The world is ruined; humanity has disappeared and all that remains are robots, trying to find a new purpose in existence. But for Poncho, the adventure is just beginning! Explore an open world full of colourful characters, leaping between parallax layers to overcome obstacles and solve puzzles. Can you make it to the Red Tower, meet your Maker and ultimately save humanity?
- A 2D world with 3D thinking! Use brains as well as platforming skill, moving back and forth through Poncho's world as well as left and right to progress.
- Discover new challenges around every corner: platforms that move when you do, areas that switch from 3D to 2D and back again, shifting walls, seemingly impossible ascents and much more!
- A philosophical and intriguing storyline filled with mystery and a dark twist...
- An open world adventure, with a multitude of solutions to every area, hidden secrets and multiple endings!
- Randomly generated NPC characters and critters that react to Poncho's presence make the world feel alive!
- Seek out and find new abilities to unlock even more secrets hidden in the world!
- Gorgeous pixel graphics mix with clever gameplay and a beautiful soundtrack to create a retro-style experience that's truly unique!
15. Fairyland: Incursion
King Frederick III and his army invade the Sacred Realm to gain control of the Fairy Spring, which, as legend has it, grants the eternal life. So inhabitants of the Sacred Realm summon three Keepers to protect their homeland.
It is a tabletop RPG. Fairy of Fairy Land are protected against armies of human.
16. 88 Heroes
It's 8:08am on 8th August 1988, and the evil Dr. H8 has brought the world to the brink of total annihilation! His demands are simple: pay $88 octillion within 88 minutes, or Dr. H8's 88 thermo-nuclear warheads will wipe out the Earth! But who will save us in our time of need? The bravest? The boldest? No... the 88 Heroes!
Prepare to infiltrate Dr. H8’s lair with the help of the strangest, dumbest and most pointless superheroes ever! With 88 levels between you and Dr. H8, only 88 seconds to complete each level and the 88-minute Doomsday clock already ticking, lead 88 unique characters – each with their own special abilities – on a platform-hopping, enemy-smashing, danger-dodging mission to save Earth from complete destruction!
Can the 88 Heroes save the day? Let’s hope so! They called the best, but the best were busy…
- 88 different heroes! Discover their unique powers and use them to conquer each stage - if they die though, they're lost forever (well, sort of)!
- 88 different levels! Explore Dr. H8's lair across four worlds, avoiding all manner of deadly obstacles and evil hero-crushing enemies.
- 88 seconds per level! The clock's already ticking; can you make it to Dr. H8's penthouse in his orbiting space station before the 88-minute Doomsday timer runs out?!
- Endless replay value! Heroes change order every time you play to keep things interesting, and you can try to save the day with your favourite eight heroes or even just one. Good luck!
17. Unhappy Ever After
‘Unhappy Ever After’ is a dark, yet funny, RPG that takes traditional fairy tales and turns them on their heads. Along your journey you will meet familiar characters that you’ve know all your life and see them in new situations and within frameworks that you will make you both laugh and despair.
Beyond its parody to the fantasy, ‘Unhappy Ever After’ also aims to parody the real, drawing on situations that are all too pervasive in our world, such as drug abuse, terrorism, and dirty politics. Death too is a prevalent theme and no character, no matter how well known, how famous, or how integral to the plot, is safe from its cold hand!
Despite its beautiful graphics, wondrous music, and humorous interludes, ‘Unhappy Ever After’ is a game, in places, designed to shock and appal, and where your decisions, no matter how noble can lead to devastating ends.
* Explore a free-roam world where you decide who to help and who to leave to their own fate.
* Meet characters from ancient stories and rhymes such as Hansel and Gretel,or Little Red Riding Hood.
* A unique magic system where strengthening one ability weakens another.
* An addictive drug system, complete with dealers and quests.
* An adult-themed RPG with political coups, terrorism, drugs, murder, and revenge.
* Beautiful lands to explore.
* A coming of age story with meaningful character progression.
* Team up with interesting and powerful companions each with their own story, conversations, and personalities!
* A day and night system where characters go to bed and monsters come out at night.
* 14 hour story-line with many extra side quests, plus another 2 hour free bonus DLC 'The Maze of Cefgellin'
* Play on after the story's end, doing quests, and building up your character and base camp.
* Controller support, Mouse and Keyboard - full keybinding.
18. Molemen Must Die!
Your president has been insulted by the Mole King and it’s up to you to defend his honor and claim revenge! Escort an unfeasibly huge bomb to the center of the earth in endless falling platform action. Brace yourself for ridiculous deaths at high speed as you equip a bounty of spectacularly overpowered weapons and bizarre power-ups that constantly shake up your tactics. Take on the Molemen and their allies, evading and attacking as they try to destroy you, your bomb and your one objective - REVENGE!
- Tactical falling action! Fall in style and fight your way deep into the earth in this endlessly descending platformer!
- Hours of arcade gameplay! With constantly changing power ups, environments, weapons and enemy types, no two rounds will ever be the same!
- Death has its perks! A random game-changing power is gifted to you with every death; pray for that perfect killer combo that will lead you to explosive glory!
- A gun for every situation! From expanding lasers to the bizarre decommissioned shell launcher, equip a plethora of unique weapons to find the perfect tool for every job!
- Explore the underground! Blast your way from the City of the Molemen to the Jungles of the Geckos, with no passport required or recognized!
- Compete with the world! Show your friends you're the greatest crazed killer in the world by climbing the leaderboards, and pull off the best death-wish mission ever!
- Full controller support! Nobody can challenge your freedom to stay on the couch forever, with full controller support; perfect for Steam Big Picture!
- Razer Chroma support! Get more enjoyment out of your $200 light-up keyboard as you watch it react to how you play!
19. Rack N Ruin
Rack N Ruin is a fusion of a top-down action adventure game and a classic arcade shooter. Take control of Rack, a maniacal demon wizard with a gleeful appetite for destruction, and embark on a grand adventure across a world filled with magic and wonder. Then transform the once enchanting world into a hellish nightmare. As the world falls deeper into darkness, Rack's power will grow, and the champions of good will rise to face him.
Engage the legions of good in fast hectic combat that gives Rack N Ruin a special action oriented twist unique to the genre. Explore a vast open world filled with treachery and secrets at every turn. Then dive into delicately crafted dungeons, each with distinctive themes and foes to conquer. The entire world of Rack N Ruin is lovingly hand-crafted, and uniquely laid out. Every bit of the game is hand-painted in detailed high definition.
Sitting atop his throne, the dark lord Ruin rules over much of the known universe. His demon lords march outward into the cosmos subjugating planets for Ruin's ever growing demonic empire. One such creature is Rack, a small, sharp tongued, and diminutive demon lord. Rack's talent for destruction and conquest is unmatched amongst Ruin's legions. However, Rack has one issue that infuriates his dark master. He doesn't subjugate, or enslave any world he is sent to conquer. He just blows the planet up, and moves on. Planets turned into asteroid belts make poor slaves, so Ruin is giving Rack one last chance to conquer a world without jump starting the apocalypse, or be cast into the eternal abyss. Will Rack obey his master? Absolutely not!
Burn through hordes of foes with 4 core elemental weapons.
Unleash death with an array of 24 spells, items, and contraptions.
Interactive items that allow the player to create unique item interactions and combos based on the elemental weapon type.
Weave through complex bullet patterns while smiting titanic bosses and over 30 unique enemies.
Explore an enchanted benevolent world, and then transform it into a nightmarish image of its former self.
Ransack castles, pillage dungeons, escape prisons, navigate gloomy caves, and awaken ancient evils.
Meet a charming cast of townsfolk, and collect their souls.
Upgrade your weapons by selling the souls of innocents to an ancient wizard.
Unravel devious puzzles, and scour the land for over 100 secrets.
Play on Windows, Mac, and Linux completely DRM free like the Gods and Demons meant PC gaming to be.
Customize your destruction with fully remappable controls for Keyboards, Mice, and Gamepads.
And, of course, destroy the world.
20. Dragon's Dungeon: Awakening
Dragon's Dungeon is a hardcore adventure for roguelikes connoisseurs and RPG fans.
Fight with the bloodthirsty monsters, explore the dark corners of the labyrinths in search of new equipment and priceless treasures, improve your skills using a non-standard system of character development and gain victory over the dungeon lord. Quests, various equipment, lots of types of enemies and random generation of levels will make your every attempt unique.In the dragon’s dungeon you will find:
- More than 150 types of bloodthirsty monsters, many of which have dangerous abilities
- More than 600 unique items
- 8 playable characters with their own development system and skills
- Crafting system which allows you to create useful potions or get powerful equipment
- 6 locations which make more than 20 hours of gameplay
- Random generation of dungeons which will make your every adventure unique
- Twitch support
21. Void Monsters: Spring City Tales
Hoping to escape your destiny as a monster trainer you left the home of your famous parents to find your own way in the world.
Within two years of leaving home your parents had been murdered and now you've been called back to inherit their failing farm.
With the farm heavily in debt to the bank, and with a burning desire to find and kill your parents' murderer the only option is to take up the mantle of monster trainer and the destiny you tried so hard to escape.
- A huge open world to explore.
- Nearly 100 unique monsters to collect, train, and evolve.
- Choose from 10 playable characters.
- A dynamic economy influenced by your choices.
- Break into, and steal from, any house, shop, or warehouse.
- A massive crafting system with hundreds of craftable items.
- Hundreds of quests including an immense main storyline.
- Multiple ways to proceed and complete the game.
- 40 hours of scripted gameplay and the chance to play on indefinitely!
- A battle arena to challenge other monster trainers.
- Breed goats on your farm for milk, to craft battle cheeses and magical yogurts.
- An advanced weapon and armour socketing system.
Spring City Tales is set in The Prosperous Freehold: an area consisting of three distinct biomes. Spring City and the Marshland, the deserts of Blackroot, and the frozen wastes of Leskova. From the game's outset you can set off along your own path, exploring the world as you see fit.Collectable Monsters
In a shadow-world parallel to The Freehold, live the Void-Monsters. These creatures can be dangerous but are kept in check by both the Rune Temples and monster trainers. As a monster trainer you can collect runes to summon these monsters from beyond the void, train them up, and get them to fight for you! There are nearly a hundred known monsters with more being discovered every day!Dynamic Economy
In The Freehold there are two financial powers. The Bank and The Purchasing Guild. The Bank loans money to many of the families that live their while The Purchasing Guild buys locally crafted items to export. Helping Kat, paying off loans, and supporting causes will improve the local economy, which in turn increases the payout for selling items to the Purchasing Guild. However it will also increase interest rates, making both your loans, and other Kats harder to pay off. Theft, violence, and general skuldugery will weaken the local economy, having the opposite effect!Thievery
Once the Kat have gone to bed, out come the thieves! By crafting thief tools you can choose to break into any house, warehouse, or shop and steal from them. Sometimes this may be for a quest or perhaps you are just looking for some extra gold. So long as you stay quiet you can make a lot of extra gold, but should you make too much noise the guards will come and you could end up spending your valuable time in prison!Crafting
There are thirteen unique crafting skills each with their own levelling system. Craft yogurts, cheeses, armours, bows, axes, weapon components, tonics, potions, thief tools, fairy eggs, magical gems, glass items, oils, and more! Grow crops and forage monsters for ingredients. Become an expert in a single field and make thousands of gold!Questing
As the child of famous monster trainers your return has excited many people. Each morning you will get a visit from the postman bringing quests of all sorts: everything from the mundane worries of local Kat, monster hunts, thievery requests, begging letters, and quests so fantastical they will take you into strange and magical realms. There is also the matter of finding you parents' killer and avenging their death! Of course, all quests are non compulsory!
22. Stories of Bethem: Full Moon
Stories of Bethem: Full Moon is a classic action-RPG adventure full of puzzles and exploration. The game tells the story of Khoma, a young man of Bethem whose father has been cursed by the Blue Witch when he was investigating Indigo Forest.
Khoma sets out for a quest that will lead him to the Red Witch, the only person able to break the spell. He will be involved on a long travel to get the Oneiric Objects of Bethem while he becomes a wizard: a real challenge to his strength and skills in a huge world to discover.Features
- Discover a vast kingdom full of secrets to discover. Exploration is the key!
- Test your skills with dungeons full of puzzles to solve.
- Have fun with about 20 hours of game.
- Be surprised by the wildest characters and stories you could imagine. Guaranteed fun!
- Use and get new magic spells to open your way.
- Collect all the monster auras at the museum.
- Wear the new costumes to get new powers!
- Fight against fearsome monsters.
- Complete the side-quests and get the Steam achievements to squeeze the game.
Be enchanted by a classic style action-packed adventure full of secrets, puzzles, unrequited love, exploration and loads of madness.
23. External Visions
An artistic metroidvania with a classic NES era gameplay, taking the player through the life of an average man escaping his depression in a partly imaginary world he created around him.
The game takes place in an old, still running business housing. Main character meets various different people on his path to find more happiness in his life.
In each environment different types of enemies await to attack you, each with its own
strengths and patterns. Improve your tactics while fighting in either of the 3 difficulties.
Apart from it's attacking power, each power is equipped with a special ability that you
have to combine in order to make your way through the levels and uncover all the
secrets. Collect orbs to upgrade your powers for maximum efficiency in your fights.
At the end of each section of the building a powerful boss awaits to fight you.
Overcome your past and the fears that haunt you to regain your true self.
Buy items from the shops or obtain them from quests around the building.
Use them to unlock new areas and defeat all the enemies that block your way.
Categories in common with External Visions: Indie
24. Heroes of Loot 2
After their job, of keeping the dungeons in balance, was done, our heroes needed a new job. Roaming the lands they found a call for heroes, a castle in need, possible even a damsel in distress?
Pick two heroes to take into the adventure, controlling both heroes and using their special skills to navigate the dangerous castle hallways, rooms and floors. Switching between the two characters to solve quests, puzzles, and of course clear the dungeons of all evil.
Quests - The dungeon is full of problems, let's call them quests. These problems range from simple "find a key" to "use magic powers to light all magic candles and open the magical gate". Different types of quests require different solutions. Use the skills of the characters in your party to complete these quests.
Weapons - Your characters are your main weapons. The Elf shoots his arrows through multiple monsters, the Wizard has unlimited magic, the Warrior has a powerful melee attack with his hammer, and the Valkyrie besides having a quick spinning-melee attack can also detect secrets and important loot. The characters can level up to increase their firepower, or find rare loot which enhances your character for short periods of time. This includes magic spells!
Secrets - Find secret rooms, level-skipping teleports, secret items, and more!
Perma-items - You will be able to unlock magic spells by collecting 4 shards of various magic books. Once all shards are collected the magic is unlocked. It's also possible to increase the strength of this magic by collecting the magic shards multiple times. All unlocked spells will stay unlocked even after you die, making you more powerful on your future attempts to reach the final boss.