The best games like Starbound are:
- arrow_rightThe Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
- arrow_rightTrine Enchanted Edition
- arrow_rightWarhammer: Vermintide 2
- arrow_rightDevil May Cry 4
100 Best Games Like Starbound:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (33)
- PlayStation 4 (39)
- iOS (45)
- Android (23)
- macOS (100)
- Linux (58)
- Nintendo Switch (33)
- Nintendo 3DS (4)
- Nintendo DS (5)
- Xbox 360 (18)
- Xbox (3)
- PlayStation 3 (21)
- PlayStation 2 (6)
- PlayStation (11)
- PS Vita (11)
- PSP (6)
- Wii U (11)
- Wii (13)
- GameCube (2)
- Game Boy Advance (3)
- SNES (6)
- Classic Macintosh (5)
- Apple II (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (10)
- Atari 8-bit (1)
- Atari ST (4)
- Genesis (2)
- SEGA Saturn (7)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA 32X (2)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Dreamcast (5)
- 3DO (1)
- Game Gear (1)
Terraria is a 2D action adventure sandbox game, where players create a character and gather resources in order to gradually craft stronger weapons and armor. Players create randomly generated maps that contain different locations within it, and by gathering specific resources and triggering special events, players will fight one of the many in-game bosses. Created characters can be played on different maps.
The game introduces hundreds of unique items that can be found across the entirety of the map, some of which may not even be encountered.
Terraria have many different Biomes and areas with distinct visuals, containing resources and enemies unique to this biome. After gathering materials, players can craft furniture, and build settlements and houses, since after completing events or finding specific items NPCs will start to arrive, and will require player’s protection. Terraria can be played on three difficulties and has a large modding community.
2. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is a remake of The Binding of Isaac.
The plot is based on a biblical story. Little Isaac and his mother live happily in a small house on the hill. And suddenly the mother heard a voice, which told her that her son is defiled by sins and must be saved. The voice asks the woman to remove all evil from Isaac to save him. There are 12 endings in the game.
By controlling Isaac or other of the six characters to choose from, the player must go through several levels of the basement, consisting of many rooms that are procedurally generated in the game, and the places are inhabited by hostile creatures with who you have to fight. Inside the rooms, the gameplay is designed as a shooter. The character can shoot to defeat his enemies with tears that he cries while avoiding collisions with them. Also, if the character loses all his health, he does not continue the game from the saved point, he dies. After that, the game starts from the beginning.
The game will include all the content of the original game, as well as some innovations: a new Chapter, new characters and enemies, as well as new items and rooms.
3. Trine Enchanted Edition
The king died and did not leave an heir, the kingdom fell into civil strife, the land in response to lawlessness and disorder brought to the surface hordes of monsters, increasing chaos.
The magician, knight and thief were united by fate for the struggle for peace and the restoration of the kingdom. Alone and together they fight with enemies, solve puzzles and overcome obstacles on fifteen different levels. Decisions can be more than one, and they can be composed of the skills of all three players.
Exquisite, delicate drawing of the world and characters. Very elegant, subtle, very realistic sounds - yes, realistic sounds of the magic world. That's precisely the way it should be. But when the hero breaks the wall with a ram or stumbles upon a mountain of treasures - the battering ram sounds like a battering ram, and the mountain is imposing. Very cleverly put light makes the world deep, voluminous and alive. Passing the game, you do not want to rush, you want to consider, to discover all its details, to admire them for your pleasure.
The game supports 3D mode, you need a suitable TV and stereoscopic glasses.
Stellaris, an evolution of the grand strategy genre with space exploration at its core.
Featuring deep strategic gameplay, a rich and enormously diverse selection of alien races and emergent storytelling, Stellaris has engaging challenging gameplay that rewards interstellar exploration as you traverse, discover, interact and learn more about the multitude of species you will encounter during your travels.
Etch your name across the cosmos by forging a galactic empire; colonizing remote planets and integrating alien civilizations. Will you expand through war alone or walk the path of diplomacy to achieve your goals?Main Features
- Deep & Varied Exploration.
- Enormous procedural galaxies, containing thousands of planets.
- Explore Anomalies with your heroic Scientist leaders.
- Infinitely varied races through customization and procedural generation.
- Advanced Diplomacy system worthy of a Grand Strategy Game.
- Ship Designer based on a vast array of technologies.
- Stunning space visuals.
5. Warhammer: Vermintide 2
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is a first-person action game with heavy emphasis on cooperative multiplayer, a sequel to 2015 game Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide.
The game takes place in Warhammer Fantasy setting during the early days of the cataclysmic event known as The End Times. It continues the story of the original game. The five protagonists – heroes of Ubersreik, must face the evil forces of Skaven clan Fester and chaos warband Rotbloods.
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 consists of 13 missions divided into three acts. In each mission can choose one of five heroes and have to go from start to finish of the level, slaying hordes of enemies and to complete different tasks.
Each character has unique abilities, weapons, and progression system and serves a special role in the party. Every character has a melee weapon, ranged weapon, an active ability, several passive abilities and three careers to choose. The careers affect some of the character’s stats, available equipment and set of abilities. From the start of the game, each character has one career, while the other two get unlocked with leveling-up. After completing each mission, each character gains a random piece of equipment such as new weapons or trinkets. The equipment you get becomes better and better during the game.
6. Devil May Cry 4
Devil May Cry 4 is a hack-and-slash adventure by Capcom, and a part of DmC game list being the fourth numeric title in the series out of 6 titles (5 numeric and 1 spin-off) overall. The series and the game, in particular, is considered one of the most canon hack-and-slash adventures, setting the mark for many other titles.
The fourth game utilizes the universal gameplay principles for such games: the whole gaming process is divided into levels and getting through one grant the player with the grade from "D" to "SSS." The grade ultimately depends on time spent within the mission, avoiding damage and style. The style is a game forming principle of DmC — unbreakable combos, interleaving punches, kicks and shooting: all of the above defines the style. There are two playable characters in DmC — Dante and Nero. Their playstyle differs with unique powers and abilities
While being eccentric on a gameplay style, the game also follows a praised plot: the whole story pivots around Dante and Nero's conflict and includes a tremendous amount of family quarrels, giant swords, and demonic interventions.
Strider is a platforming hack and slash game developed by Double Helix Games. The game is a reboot of 1989 title, yet the developers didn't intend the game to be viewed as one.
The title retells the original game's story. In the dystopian future, the best assassin of an organization called Strider is sent to eliminate the dictatorship of Grandmaster Melo who took over Earth and is now based in Kazakh City.
Strider features fast combat with the element of acrobatics. Similar to the original NES game, it is an intense side-scrolling action title. The players are free to explore Kazakh City in order to obtain new abilities and equipment. There are also several pickups scattered across the level. The pickups were intended to be found and collected rather than being temporary bonuses.
The game features three modes: Story Mode, Beacon Run, where the players have to reach multiple checkpoints as fast as possible, and Survival where players are put up against waves of enemies. The game features a ranking system and public leaderboards.
What once used to be a mod for the Arma 3 became a standalone title with the same name. DayZ is an open world survival game, which is based on gathering food and water for survival and weapons and clothing for self-defense. Players are dropped inside the 225 km2 of the fictional former Soviet Republic of Chernarus. Starting with nothing, but simple clothes, flair, and a rug, players will have to scavenge for items, transport, and weapons, while running away from either zeds, bandits or hostile players.
DayZ can be played as a single player game, but most of the current player base is using multiplayer servers in order to form groups, clans and survive together. In order to make the survival aspect more realistic, aside from thirst and hunger, several diseases have been added to the game, with specific cures for each effect. The game supports text and voice chat for communication, with a system that allows not only for a player-run radio station but secure two-way radio, without nearby players to hear it.
9. Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China is the part of the Chronicles series. It is the first installment out of three in total with the other games being dedicated to India and Russia.
The game is the two-dimensional platformer with the agile camera which can be tilted. Such titles are also called 2,5D platformers. The protagonist encounters waves of enemies, and the player chooses between the various weaponry to deal with them. There are also parkour elements: one climbs ledges, jumps onto wooden beams and uses ropes to travel around the levels.
Substantial attention is paid to the stealth mechanics. The protagonist can crawl behind the obstacles and take enemies down from a distance. The Chronicles are in the way reminiscent to the original Prince of Persia series.
The game is composed of twelve episodes and takes place in China provinces like Na'an and Macau.
The game is the straight sequel of Assassin's Creed: Embers — the short film about Shao Jun — the disciple of Ezio Auditore who is the protagonist of the three previous Assassin's Creed chapters. The setting is the XVI century China during the Ming Dynasty rule. After the training under the guidance of Ezio ended, Shao returned to China to fight the local Templar clan called Eight Tigers.
ELEX is a handcrafted action role-playing experience from the award-winning creators of the Gothic series, set in a brand new post-apocalyptic Science Fantasy universe that puts players into a huge seamless game world full of original characters, mutated creatures, deep moral choices and powerful action.
In ELEX, you join the war over a powerful resource that gives people great magic-like powers, but turns them into indifferent cold creatures. You decide if emotions and humaneness or cold synthetic logic will rule the world of Magalan.
- Completely seamless Open World experience without borders and loading zones for the ultimate exploration experience
- Vertical Exploration: Use the jetpack to reach any place in the game world
- Simulated game world where everything reacts to the players actions and provides for an authentic atmosphere
- Highly interconnected quest system that support true player choices
- Tactical and challenging combat system for close and ranged combat
- Universe set in a post apocalyptic science fantasy universe that combines the most interesting aspects of all genres
11. The Red Solstice
The Red Solstice is an isometric tactical co-op survival game developed by Ironward.
In the distant future, a storm broke out on colonized Mars leaving the colonies without contact with the capital. You play as one of the marine corps sent to investigate what is going on.
The game features both singleplayer and multiplayer modes. Singleplayer serves both as a tutorial and a part of a story that continues in multiplayer.
A heavy emphasis is put on the game's class system that features 8 classes from Assault to Recon. The game offers some degree of replayability as every map's feature is randomized and an average play session lasts no longer than one hour. There is some element of RPG mechanics to the game as players are able to gain experience points. There are 25 Ranks and 10 Speciality Ranks. While ranks are an indication of a player's progress in the game, Speciality Ranks are used in order to level up a specific class. With each new Specialty Rank, there is an Attribute bonus for the player.
Different parts of the marine equipment can be replaced in order to change one's stats and customize the playstyle.
12. Ether One
A walking simulator or first-person adventure game from the independent British studio White Paper Games, for which the project became a debut. According to the developers, the game explores the fragility of the human mind.
The player takes control of the nameless hero who works as Restorer as an employee of the futuristic memorial recovery company Ether Institute of Telepathic Medicine., Whose task is to investigate the thoughts of a woman named Jean Thompson with a diagnosis of dementia. The restorer can project himself into one's mind. The game has puzzles, the essence of which is to reconstruct the memories of a woman. The narrative assumes several variants of the development of events so that each new passage can surprise those already familiar with the game.
The game was released on the PlayStation 4 and PC. On computers twice: in addition to the original release, in 2015 Redux version of the game was released.
13. Gauntlet Slayer Edition
Gauntlet is a top-down hack-and-slash game a part of the long-running Gauntlet series.
Like the original 1985 arcade game, in Gauntlet player takes a role of one of four characters and fights their way through several dungeons. The game revolves around slaying hordes of enemies, killing bosses, acquiring points and unlocking new abilities. There are four players to choose from Barbarian, Valkyrie, Elf, and Wizard. Each of them has the unique set of weapons and abilities. The Barbarian is the strongest melee fighter in the game; Valkyrie has a shield and spear that allow her to pierce enemies from a distance, Elf can shoot arrows and throw bomb and Wizard can combine three elements to create different spells.
The game heavily relies on multiplayer. Up to four players can play cooperatively. Playing with other people requires coordination since some of the players’ abilities can hurt other players. Besides, all the loot and extra items in dungeons, such as food that recovers the characters’ HP, accrue to the first player that collects it.
The game was initially released only for PC. In 2015, it received an updated PlayStation 4 port with Slayer Edition subtitle. The update brought a new “Endless” game mode, new weapons and abilities, and some gameplay tweaks such as increased difficulty and replacement of the in-game shop with loadout system. The PC version also received the update.
14. Agents of Mayhem
Agents of MAYHEM is the latest open-world, third-person action game from the creators of the Saints Row franchise!
In Agents of MAYHEM, you run a no-holds barred operation against a shadowy super-villain organization known only as LEGION and their mysterious leader, the Morningstar.
Following the global attacks on Devil’s Night, cities of the world are held by the LEGION’s Ministries, bands of powerful villains named for the Seven Deadly Sins.
Seoul is the personal domain of LEGION’s mad scientists, the Ministry of Pride – Doctor Babylon and his rogue’s gallery of supporting villains.
You play as a variety of Super Agents – each with their own distinct look, personality, weapons, and skills. Explore the city of Seoul to rout out LEGION operatives and their vile plans to take over the world.
MAYHEM’s Agents have a license to do what the hell they want, so long as they do whatever it takes to grow the agency and ultimately defeat LEGION.
Categories in common with Agents of Mayhem: Action
15. Among the Sleep
Among the Sleep is a first person horror adventure, in which you play a two year old child. After waking up in the middle of the night to mysterious sounds, you start exploring the dark looking for comfort.
The game explores horror through atmosphere and exploration, not with scores and combat systems. In Among the Sleep you’re vulnerable, scared, and trying to make sense of the world.
Controller support: Works 100% with Xbox 360 controllers, might have some issues with Xbox One controllers. We are sorry about the inconvience.
The game will not get VR support.What people are saying
"[...] it more than succeeds in creating a wonderfully eerie atmosphere full of childlike anxiety, and along the way tackles a serious subject in a darkly poignant manner."
"Its depiction of a first-person horror told through the eyes and stumbling little legs of a two-year old is as intriguing as anything I've seen all year, and reminiscent of a time when games actively sought out new ways to play and new stories to tell."
Blasphemous is an action-platformer that combines the fast-paced, skilled combat of a hack-n-slash game with a deep and evocative narrative core, delivered through exploration of a huge universe comprised of non-linear levels.
Immerse yourself in a dark fantasy nightmare that has been constructed PIXEL BY PIXEL by our committed artists.
- Explore a huge land, a universe that feels as open as it is oppressive, delivered through a non-sequential level design that puts you in control of where to go next.
- We are putting great focus on achieving a very satisfying combat mechanics with very responsive control, smooth animations and lots of blood and gore.
- Handmade pixel art, with large sprites and super smooth animations, created pixel by pixel, frame by frame.
- Evocative narrative: Blasphemous’ levels are not just platforms; they tell a story to those who are interested, but don't get in the way if you just want the action.
- Find your personal combat style by equipping rosary beads, or carrying around relics that boost your abilities.
Set in the savage land of Orthodoxia, a place where religion is of the utmost importance in the eyes of the populace, superstition runs amok, and churches outnumber people two to one. You will find yourself in this hellish territory in the wake of the Age of Corruption.
17. Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is an enhanced version of the real-time strategy classic, Halo Wars, updated to run natively on PC.
Set early in the iconic war between the Covenant and UNSC - made famous by the Halo FPS games - Halo Wars: Definitive Edition provides a unique angle on the war while bringing new heroes to the battlefield. Control large Halo armies and direct them in action-packed warfare.
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition includes improved graphics, new achievements and all the DLC from the landmark game. Experience the epic campaign or compete in online multiplayer battles with armies of powerful Halo forces at your command.
Network play for this product is exclusive to Steam. Cross-play with Windows Store versions of the same game is not supported.
Categories in common with Halo Wars: Definitive Edition: Strategy
18. Genital Jousting
Genital Jousting is an online and local multiplayer party game about flaccid penises and wiggly anuses for up to eight players at once. Players control a detached penis complete with testicles and an anus. Multiple game modes provide a stimulating orgy of objectives: penetrate and be penetrated as fast as possible or compete in absurd, silly and sexually suggestive games and challenges.
If this is something that makes you uncomfortable or sounds unappealing, please do not purchase or play Genital Jousting, or even continue reading.
Online and Local Multiplayer for Eight: Genital Jousting is more fun with friends and can satisfy up to eight players at once! Find a few willing partners, cuddle up on the couch, and share controllers or go online to joust with anonymous players from all over the world.
Traditional and Party Modes: Dabble in the throbbingly fast-paced Traditional Mode or jostle your way through some stiff competition in Party Mode including challenges like Double Delight, Obstacle Intercourse, and Weiner Round Up.
Customize Your Member: Genitals come in all shapes and sizes so pick your favorite color and decorate it with the most appealing outfit to customize a penis you can really get behind!
19. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
The game is a mixture of 2D shooter and puzzle genres developed by Shadow Planet Production and released by Microsoft Studios for its Xbox360 console. As part of the HumbleBundle pack, a soundtrack for the game is available, which was released separately. The game began to be developed in 2007. It took four years to build the first demo version for the Penny Arcade Expo. The action of the game is developed on a distant planet and includes the exploration of the game world, like the games of the Metroidvania series. The game was played by the famous artist Michel Gagné.
The game offers the player to solve two-dimensional puzzles, which are mixed with the active segments of the gameplay. The player can upgrade the ship, which he controls: it happens with the help of extraterrestrial technology. The main task is to save the home planet from destruction. The game is available on Steam. There are game modes that support up to 4 players, but you can not play in a basic coop. To do so on console one will need an online subscription to play over the net. The story of the game is rather short - the player will need approximately 4 hours to complete it.
20. Farming Simulator 17
THE MOST COMPLETE FARMING SIMULATOR EXPERIENCE
Take on the role of a modern farmer in Farming Simulator 17! Immerse yourself in a huge open world loaded with new content: new environment, vehicles, animals, crops and gameplay mechanics!
Explore farming possibilities over hundreds of acres of land, including a detailed new North American environment. Drive over 250 authentic farming vehicles and equipment from over 75 manufacturers, including new brands such as Challenger, Fendt, Valtra or Massey Ferguson.
Harvest many types of crops, including for the first time sunflowers and soy beans. Take care of your livestock - cows, sheep, chickens and now pigs - take part in forestry, and sell your products to expand your farm! Transport your goods with trucks and trailers, or load and drive trains to reach your destination.
Farming Simulator 17 offers rich online activities: play in co-operative multiplayer up to 16 players, and download mods created by the passionate community for unlimited content and an ever-evolving Farming Simulator 17 experience.
Categories in common with Farming Simulator 17: Simulation
21. The Blackwell Legacy
When Rosa Blackwell's only relative dies after twenty years in a coma, she thinks the worst is over. This all changes when Joey Mallone, a sardonic ghost from the 1930s, blows into her life and tells her that she is a medium. Whether they like it or not, it is up to them to cure the supernatural ills of New York in this critically-acclaimed series of point-and-click adventure games.
When three NYU students kill themselves one after the other, nobody thinks that a sinister force is at work. Nobody but fledgling medium Rosa Blackwell and her new spirit guide Joey Mallone. It's trial by fire as they set these troubled spirits to rest.
22. POSTAL Redux
The classic dark and surreal twin-stick isometric shooter returns with a vengeance!
POSTAL Redux is a high definition remake of The Postal Dude's infamous first foray into the world. Prepare to experience his psychological journey with faithfully recreated high resolution visuals, remastered music, sounds, and dialog, and revamped and modernized gameplay. Crazed gunmen out for your blood await you around every corner. The only choice is clear: Get them before they get you. Fight back with a devastating arsenal as you make your way through a violence-stricken town.
It's time to relive the madness of GOING POSTAL!
- Online Co-op: Go POSTAL together with up to four players! Join up with your friends to wreak carnage together.
- Online Deathmatch: Engage in free-for-all frenzies with up to eight players!
- Brand new Rampage mode: Take aim for the high score in this frantic mode that awards points for sustained kill streaks, creative methods of destruction, and blistering fast action!
- Battle through 17 levels in the classic Campaign: Beginning from your humble Home, traverse through The Mine and Trailer Park, witness the mean streets of The Ghetto and the bright lights of The City, all the way to the final standoff at the Air Force Base, including a stop at the all-new Carnival.
- Includes the original add-ons: Blast through Special Delivery's EZ Mart, Shanty Town, Earthquake, and the luxurious La Palamino Resort, and then head to Japan in Super POSTAL's Tokyo and Osaka! Play through everything together in the massive combined 23-level Excess Postage campaign!
- A wide range of foes: Defend yourself against gun crazy Vigilantes, trigger-happy Police Officers, trained and efficient SWAT and Military squads, the quintessential Marching Band, and angry Ostriches!
- 10 weapons of destruction: Lay waste with the mighty Shotgun and Spray Cannon, roast attackers with Molotovs and the Flamethrower, fill the streets with fire with the Napalm Launcher, clear out entire groups with Grenades and the Rocket Launcher (Heatseekers included!), lay traps for unsuspecting pursuers with varied types of Mines, and introducing the commanding Revolver!
23. Raw Data
Neo-Shinjuku - 2271. The massive and seemingly benevolent Eden Corporation owns the world. The elite hacker resistance movement SyndiK8 has unearthed the sinister reality behind Eden Corp’s newest line of robotic products. As one of SyndiK8’s elite operatives, your mission is straightforward: infiltrate Eden Tower, steal as much Raw Data as possible, and get out alive--bringing Eden Corp down in your wake.
However, as the secrets behind Chairman Shiro’s new “Promotion” program becomes clear, the reality gets much more complicated. Does it really grant immortality? What is Eden truly collecting? It seems that Eden’s corporate veneer may be just a thin facade for something much, much worse.
Built from the ground up for virtual reality, Raw Data’s action combat gameplay, intuitive controls, challenging enemies, and sci-fi atmosphere will completely immerse you within the surreal environments of Eden Corp. Go solo—or team up with a friend—and become the adrenaline-charged heroes of your own futuristic technothriller. You will put your wits, boldness, and endurance to the test.
Active VR gameplay turns you into a controller, with instant reflex access to an arsenal of advanced weapons and cutting-edge nanotech powers. Shared spaces with avatars and motion tracking encourage players to physically communicate through body language and environment interaction.
- Active VR Combat: Utilize your body to dual wield pistols, slash and slice katanas, pump shotguns, deflect projectiles, do gun tricks, or even use your fists in close-quarters combat. Holster up and pull weapons off your body with physical loadout and check your stats on the in-game forearm display.
- Hostile Takeover PvP: Whatever side you’re on, this fight is personal. Featuring four hero classes with optimized abilities, balanced gameplay, intuitive “joystick” locomotion, as well as stealth and armor powerups, Raw Data: Hostile Takeover lets you battle it out in up to 5v5 matches across multiple king-of-the-hill maps. Duel Mode (coming soon!) also provides a unique 1v1 showdown experience for those who are bent on revenge.
- Choose Your Hero: What’s your fighting style? Choose from multiple badass heroes--Bishop, the Gun Cleric; Saija, the Cyber Ninja; Boss, the Street Merc; or Elder, the Rogue Hunter --with a variety of advanced weaponry, special abilities, combat techniques, and ultimates. Defy gravity, slow down time, charge up shots, crush enemies, boomerang your blades, unleash deadly bullet barrages, fling enemies into the air, and much more.
- Deadly Weapons and Defenses: Access a futuristic arsenal of firepower, from dual handguns and pump-action shotguns to iron knuckles and laser swords, as well as deployable turrets and holographic shields for extra insurance.
- Adaptable Enemies: Battle against swaths of murderous machines, including stealth ninjas, laser gunners, rocket heavies, jumping crawlers, exploder bots, flying drones, charger mechs, ion beams, towering megabots, and more.
- Cross-Platform Online Co-op: Bring along a trusted partner to cover your back no matter what platform they’re playing on. Team up in a shared co-op VR space that encourages social communication via body language, facial expression, and blended animation.
24. Age of Conan: Unchained
Age of Conan: Unchained is an award-winning and critically acclaimed massively multiplayer online game set in the sexy, savage and brutal world of Conan the Barbarian.
Tread in the footsteps of the greatest fantasy hero of all time, and explore the vast reaches of Hyboria. Choose between twelve different classes, from Barbarian to Demonologist, and fight your way to riches and glory as you battle creatures straight out of hell or even engage in colossal guild vs. guild warfare!
Robert E. Howard’s brutal, savage of world of Hyboria comes to life in a way you’ve never seen before! Experience a massive and diverse online multiplayer world where your best friends are the steel at your hip and the wits about you.
Choose from Twelve distinct classes and weave the tale of your character’s life as you begin on a Stygian slave ship off the coast of the Barachan Isles. Without any memory of your identity, it’s up to you to be the master of your own destiny.
Age of Conan: Unchained’s combat system features active roles in combat. You control every chop, thrust, and swing of your weapon. Unleash devastating combos and show no mercy!
Recruit allies and rule your very own guild, work together to acquire renown, and construct vast guild cities as a monument to your glory. Then, engage in epic guild-vs-guild siege warfare in the Border Kingdoms and claim battlekeeps in the name of your people!
Age of Conan: Unchained is completely free-to-play! Simply create an account, grab some friends, and join the fray!
25. Niche - a genetics survival game
Niche - a genetics survival game is a fresh blend of turn-based strategy and simulation combined with roguelike elements. Shape your own species of cat/fox/bear/dog-like animals based on real genetics. Keep your animals alive against all odds, such as hungry predators, climate change and spreading sickness. If your species goes exstinct the game is lost and your evolution needs to start anew.Key Features:
- Real genetics for breeding system
- Over 100 genes to shape your species
- Procedurally generated worlds and animals
- 4 biomes featuring different predators, prey and flora to explore
- Game mechanics inspired on population genetics
- Don’t Starve
- The Creatures series
- Warrior Cats
26. Euro Fishing
Now With Basic Cast Control and Float Fishing
Euro Fishing immerses you deep into the adrenaline-packed action, fun and beauty of Europe’s most famous lakes. Master your rod, line and tactics, and refine your technique to become a top angler. This is the closest you can get to real fishing from the comfort of your own sofa. Welcome to the Great Indoors!
Whether you’re a fishing beginner or angling pro, Euro Fishing accurately and authentically replicates the feeling of actual fishing using our unique physics-based casting and reeling system, ‘Total Cast Control’.
Start by learning the basics of casting with in-game tutorials, or dive straight into one of the five unique European locations included, such as Digger Lakes and the famous St John’s Lake at Linear Fisheries, each posing their own unique challenge to land the big catch.
Using advanced AI and customisable environment effects, fish respond to water temperature, time of day, weather conditions and baits as they do in real life. Spot fish ‘shows’ before casting into the right area from a pre-set peg or the lake bank, and customise your angling equipment for the best chance of landing a catch.
In Euro Fishing, you can fish by yourself, or compete against friends and opponents in single player or hosted multiplayer tournaments, tracking and comparing catches in real time.
Euro Fishing – Cast, Catch, Compete!
Basic Cast Control
An entry level (power bar style) casting system for new users to experience the game before trying to master "Total Cast Control"
Total Cast Control
A full physics based casting system. For the first time in a fishing game, experience the feeling of casting with real fishing rods from your own PC.
Intelligent Fish AI
The battle of wits between fish and angler come to life with intelligent AI
Competition and Tournaments
Challenge your friends in a multiplayer tournament and compare catches in real time, or compete against AI in our hosted tournaments
Five unique European venues await every fisherman, including real venues such as Digger Lakes and the famous St John’s Lake at Linear Fisheries, all recreated in magnificent detail
Dynamic Weather and Time of Day
Set weather conditions to reflect real world settings or create your own preferences to affect how fish behave
Select the right angling equipment for the best chance of landing the big catch; choose from a wide range of rods, reels, rigs and bait in thousands of possible combinations
Read the water and its features, predict what the fish are going to be doing and cast from the bank or a peg for the best chance of a catch
Full Steam Controller Support
Immerse yourself in Euro Fishing with the new Steam Controller, now with full integration
Cutting Edge Technology
Using the latest Unreal Engine 4 graphics technology, Euro Fishing looks and feels as close to the real thing
Created by Experts
Working with carp angling experts, including Korda and Simon Scott, Euro Fishing replicates the experience of real fishing
27. Forward to the Sky
Story Once upon a time, there was a great tower in the sky. People were mining crystal with delight during the prosperous days. Until that disaster happened…… Time past, the history had been forgotten. And now, it emerged from the clouds again – the sky tower.Game Reveal the story of the sky tower!
Forward to the Sky is a third person action adventure game in the sky tower ruin. You are going to collect all the crystal pieces to connect the story and everything will be revealed once Princess reaches the top level.Feature Puzzle platforming, a game features a mixture of puzzles, action and adventure. Relaxing mood, bright art, adventurous but peaceful music, simple control and combat. A game everyone are able to finish and provides additional fun of difficulty to hardcore players.
There are 6 unique levels to be explored. Battle the elements, run through the traps and play with interactive mechanisms to solve the puzzles. Find your path to discover the story in the sky!
28. The Last Door: Season 2 - Collector's Edition
In Season 2 of the award-winning hit The Last Door, delve further into the madness of the Veil as Dr. John Wakefield, psychiatrist to Season 1’s protagonist Jeremiah Devitt. Setting out in search of his client who has mysteriously vanished, Wakefield is soon drawn into the haunting web of forbidden knowledge, madness, and a much deeper conspiracy hiding it all than he ever could have imagined. As his search takes him beyond England, will he find his missing client? Or will he merely find that he, too, is about to become lost in the search for the Last Door?
The Last Door Season 2: Collector’s Edition brings four new episodes and exclusive extras with more mysteries, more locations, more characters and more chilling otherworldly horrors than the first Season. Journey back to Victorian England, through mental asylums, abandoned manors, opium dens and beyond in this fascinating conclusion!
- Sequel to the award-winning point-and-click Victorian era horror adventure, The Last Door
- Search for and uncover forbidden knowledge that may be driving you mad
- Guide Dr. Wakefield through new locations, characters, scenes, and puzzles in a new compelling mystery
- Four episodes and exclusive extras and bonus content in one limited-edition set
- A brand new haunting, original musical score by Carlos Viola
- Inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft and Edgar Allan Poe
- Available now on Steam Early Access at a discounted price
29. The Pirate: Caribbean Hunt
Hail to the Captain!
Sail into the heart of the Caribbean in the Age of Piracy - the time of black flags and white skulls, blue waves and golden opportunities.
Hoist the Jolly Roger and grab the steering wheel to sail through battles and raids, ransoms and treasures, to become the Crimson King of the Antilles!
- 20 classes of ships
- unlimited fleet size
- multiple ships control during the fights
- ship to fort fights with heavy mortars
- 5 types of ammo - cannon balls, chain bals, grapeshots bombs, doubles
- special weapons: explosive barrels, burning oil, battering rams, pre-boarding attacks
- 30 ship upgrades
- character development, experience gaining and level ups
- 20 captain skills - unlocking new game features and possibilities
- realistic sailing model, distances and time passage
- hundreds of islands and dozens of ports
- day/night cycle
- building construction and upgrades
- multiple player held bases
- unlimited number of sea battles of few types (merchants, smugglers, convoys, militatry, treasure galeon, pirate fight, escort)
- story-driven campaign set in a living world full of people
- reputation in 5 nations
- compete with other players in multiplayer PvP and PvE modes
30. Sea Dogs: To Each His Own
1654 AC. The Caribbean. A place of opportunities and mysteries. Take a role of Charles de Maure - a young French noble who arrived to the New World to assist his brother. What seemed to be a simple family matter, turned into a lifelong adventure. This is a story of the noble idler who became the most powerful man of the Caribbean. Riches, titles, power, romance - the ultimate booty awaits, it is up to you how to get it all. Become a pirate and terrorize the archipelago, take prizes in the sea and plunder cities. Or try to keep hands mostly clean - trade both goods and information, work for the state and help the folk. Get a ship, arm yourself, gather a crew of your dream and find love. The New World is way too vast, too dangerous to explore it alone and there are always consequences for the choices you make!
- Naval warfare, both challenging and rewarding
- Self-reliant and replayable story mode (over 70 hours of gameplay)
- Remastered in-game art and improved visuals (textures, models etc.)
- Challenging AI, crafting, trading, fighting, gambling
- Freeplay mode, endless as an ocean
- Hundreds of items and weapons
Categories in common with Sea Dogs: To Each His Own: Role Playing
31. Shrouded in Sanity
A survival-horror game inspired by Resident Evil 1, Dark Souls, and Eternal Darkness.
Set in the alternative historical setting of 1897 Angelic Empire of Britannia, your contract will order you to eliminate the source of the unnatural fog enveloping the Berelai Manor.
Discover the secrets of the estate, as you look for answers among the violent inhabitants.
A strange and repelling madness took hold of the servants roaming the halls, and they will attack on sight, for their madness is one rooted in a deeper understanding of cosmic insignificance.
To repel the maddening horrors, your Iaito cane, and Waltham A9 hand canon will aid you. To mend your injuries your Vitae concoctions will offer healing.
Beware, whatever unearthly events have transpired, your sanity will be tested as the truth unfolds in this hungry all-consuming Fog.
Cinders is a mature take on a classic fairytale with a heavy emphasis on player choices and role playing.
Cinders is a witty young woman living with an overbearing stepmother and her two daughters, as if she was reenacting a certain well-known fairytale. But unlike its protagonist, Cinders is not afraid of taking fate into her own hands. Even if it means breaking the rules…
The game takes a look at four women and what made them who they are. It’s a story about balancing freedom and dreams with circumstance and harsh reality. About growing up and finding out the true meaning of independence. Distancing itself from the judgmental simplicity of the original, Cinders tries to explore the more complex nature of oppression, responsibility and innocence.
With 120 decision points, over 300 options to choose from, and multiple endings, Cinders gives you total control over the main character’s personality and how her story unfolds.LinksOfficial website
33. Not Tonight
Person of European Heritage #112: Welcome to Relocation Block B, your new home. Your designated role is 'Bouncer'. Work hard, stay out of trouble, and we might let you stay in the UK.
In an alternative Britain where Brexit talks have collapsed, an extreme far-right government has taken power. Citizens of European heritage have been rounded up and exiled. Forced out of your previous life, you find yourself in the midst of a booming gig economy, fighting to scrape by and return to the city you call home.
Not Tonight is a post-Brexit management game, fusing a time-pressure RPG with a politically charged story where every decision matters. Will you join the resistance and fight the regime -- or keep your head down and hope that one day this will all be a distant memory?
Man the doors of pubs, clubs, festivals and parties, finding work via the BouncR app
Check IDs, manage guestlists, and stop revellers from becoming unruly
Upgrade your apartment, bouncer and equipment to better prepare yourself for the future
Decide what lengths you'll go to in order to survive in a Britain on the verge of collapse
34. Eco - Global Survival Game
Enter the world of Eco, where you must team-up to build civilization and prevent a disaster, using resources from a fully simulated ecosystem, where your every action affects the lives of countless species.
Will you and your fellow builders collaborate successfully, creating laws to guide player actions, finding a balance that takes from the ecosystem without damaging it? Or will the world be destroyed by short-sighted choices that pollute the environment in exchange for immediate resource gains? Or, do players act too slowly, and the world is consumed by a disaster that could have been avoided if you developed the right technology? In Eco, you must find a balance as a group if the world is to survive.A world-survival game Eco is a survival game in a global sense, where it is not just the individual or group who is threatened, but the world itself. The world of Eco will be home to a population of thousands of simulated plants and animals of dozens of species, each living out their lives on a server running 24 hours a day, growing, feeding and reproducing, with their existence highly dependent on other species.
Enter humans into this equation, and things get complicated. It is the role of players to thrive in this environment by using resources from the world to eat, build, discover, learn and invent. However, every resource they take affects the environment it is taken from, and without careful planning and understanding of the ecosystem, lands can become deforested and polluted, habitats destroyed, and species left extinct.
In the extreme, the food supply of the ecosystem can be destroyed, along with all human life on it, resulting in server-wide perma-death. Eco is a game where the player’s actions have meaningful consequences.
- Everything you do affects the ecosystem, and players can destroy their food supply and world (server-wide permadeath)
- Create a player-run government to make decisions as a group, proposing and voting on laws
- Use data gathered from the world to propose and vote on laws as a group. Debate with scientific argumentation.
- Create a player-run economy that allows you to sell not only good but services in the form of server-enforced contracts (simulating a player driven quest system).
- PvP takes the form of a player-run criminal justice system. Breaking the player-made laws can result in arrest and punishment.
- Your food level determines your skill-increase rate, making food very important and tying players directly to the ecosystem from which it comes.
- A game with goals higher than entertainment. We plan to build it for schools as an augmented classroom world students share.
Play as Ivan, a one-handed blacksmith cursed with incredible bad luck.
Ivan is caught between a Tzar giving him impossible tasks, a mysterious witch who wants to manipulate him, and his grandma who wants him to find a wife.
Start your journey in an action RPG where the story and characters react to the way you roleplay your character.
Building a reputation through roleplaying results in different interactions with villagers and NPCs, unlocking secrets, trading options, or bestowing game-changing curses or blessings upon the player character.
Pagan beliefs and superstitions are key to unlocking hidden secrets, getting house spirits on your side, or avoiding the powerful curses of unclean creatures.
Fateful Crossroads between levels allow the player to influence the difficulty, challenge and level generation of the game
Discover and combine lots of talismans and artifacts that change the player's abilities and the gameplay
Craft and upgrade an arsenal of weapons and tools to aid you in your journeys.
Unique Soundtrack featuring underground folklore band Subcarpați.
36. Home is Where One Starts...
“I remember when I was a little girl, waiting at the end of my driveway. I had already missed the school bus, but I stood there anyway… envying the birds.”
Home is Where One Starts... is a short, first-person exploration game in the same vein as Dear Esther or Gone Home. It’s an experience where every object has been carefully placed to tell a poignant story—a story about childhood, hope, and the miracle of memory. You play as a little girl from a broken home somewhere in the American South. Exploring the lonely countryside reveals clues and vignettes which help the player answer the question of where home is—and how one can get there.Key features:
- A quiet, non-linear story told by the future self of a reflective narrator
- Inspired by the rural countryside and stories like John Steinbeck’s East of Eden and Terrence Malick’s The Tree of Life
- A 15-30 minute experience that can be completed in one sitting
- An experience that focuses on atmosphere rather than action or puzzles
- A rich, detailed environment that rewards players who explore with story insights and secret endings
- Oculus Rift DK2 support (currently in beta)
37. Rising World
Please note that this game is currently in Alpha state
Rising World is an open-world sandbox game with randomly generated, fully destructible environments.
Starting with the most basic of tools, collect resources to survive in the wildness. Evolve your world to create one of the biggest cities of all time or a gigantic castle, or simply let your imagination run riot! If being creative is all too much, just connect with your friends and get them to help.
Anything is possible!Features
- Randomly generated worlds
- Completely modifiable environment
- Both single and multi-player modes
- 200 different building materials
- Place customised images in your world
- Complex and deep network of underground caves
- Environmental physics - trees and items
- Interact with just about everything, right down to playing the piano!
- Powerful Modding/Plugin API
Your purchase entitles you to receive all future updates free of charge!
38. Kingdom Wars
Kingdom Wars is a free to play 3D MMORTS with real-time siege combat, without the pay to win element so common in the genre. Having evolved from Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars this strategy game offers lively online world, where players gather resources, construct majestic towns, and impregnable strongholds, direct citizens, complete quests in the service of mighty nobles and fiendish rogues, and eventually manage a global empire. All within an online realm that grows, works, lives, and breathes even when you log off. All this in glorious 3d world with stunning level of detail and epic scale - with vibrant towns and thousand strong armies. And of-course let’s not forget the glorious siege battles all in real-time! Developed by Reverie World Studios, Kingdom Wars is the result of several years of hard work by a new Toronto based studio, with members all over the world.FeaturesInnovative MMORTS Approach
- Wage war with neighboring regions or complete countless hours of quests as you unveil the dark secrets of Terria while managing a persistent kingdom and economy with thousands of other players. Socialize, trade, forge alliances and - best of all - battle against other players across the world, defeat their armies, and burn their towns!
- With Kingdom Wars free to play release our goal was to create a game of skill, not bigger wallets. We have followed player suggestions and tried to avoid the common pay2win traps. In Kingdom Wars majority of micro-transaction only effect cosmetic changes or unlock bonus content, that does not effect game progress and player interaction. All the other options are limited to one time use, to prevent anyone gaining unfair advantage.
- Two additional singleplayer modes - including open-ended Campaign mode, and content-packed single-player Skirmish mode with both Lay Siege and Castle Defense maps - guaranteed to satisfy players of various tastes and gameplay styles.
- User-friendly Siege-oriented gameplay adds a whole new dimension to the battlefield as you ram the enemy gate, scale the walls, and place automated defensive systems, such as: stone tippers, boiling oil, and wall-mounted catapults.
- Kingdom Wars features three distinct civilizations: Elves, Orcs and Men, presenting a unique approach to these iconic races with three distinct styles of gameplay. Each race is complete with its own lore, language, world region and terrain, dozens of distinct units and buildings, hundreds of unique technologies, and each even has a different approach to economy and building style.
- Travel the MMORTS world using a beautifully-designed 3D World Map featuring scale replicas of all the NPC strongholds, quest areas, and the player's homeland.
- Each player’s Stronghold features hundreds of buildings that look and behave like a City-Simulation game, but without any micro-management, giving the player more time to spend on the battlefield. In addition each race offers a different approach to building strongholds.
- Combines the complexity of nearly a dozen gathering possibilities, different for each race, with automated simplicity, allowing players the options to micromanage their economy, or leave it to run itself in times of war.
- The gaming world comes alive as you build and battle during winter or summer months, as you push your armies through heavy rain or snow storms. Your economy significantly changes from summer to winter, when different strategic options are available during different times of day and severe weather makes certain units useless.
SummaryEinar is a single-player 3rd person hack and slash based on Norse mythology. The player takes on the role of Einar, who is on a quest to kill the inhabitants of a Norse fishing village who are infected by a mysterious material. Use different weapons such as the bow, hammer and axe to clear the village of the monsters.Features
- Intense combat featuring three different weapon and enemy types.
- Beautiful environments and lighting inspired by real-life landscapes.
- Complex AI which groups and attacks the player from unexpected angles.
- AAA-quality graphics and gameplay.
DreamPunks is game development studio from Breda, The Netherlands.
Einar was developed by a group of 40 students of the NHTV University of Applied Sciences in Breda, the Netherlands. During the course of one academic year, a group of developing artists, programmers and designers worked on the game with a single vision: making a short but beautiful and engaging game of AAA-quality.
40. Warstone TD
A fearsome Chieftain is gathering an army, intent on the subjugation of the realm. The Villagers cry out for a hero! Someone to rise up and rescue them from their plight. This burden falls to you. Build a city, train an army, and equip your subjects. Seek out the assistance of helpful allies, such as dwarves, amazons, and sorceresses. With allies to help, and an army of your own, you can defeat the invading army and make the realm safe again!Features
- 7 basic units, with a further 15 available as upgrades!
- Intriguing story with beautifully drawn artwork.
- 3 Vastly different Classes for you to choose from: Warlord, Sorcerer, and Treasurer. Over 70 different skills in all!
- Diverse array of spells: Firewall, Lightning, Meteor Shower, Titan's Fist, Summon Elemental, Poisonous Cloud, Transmutation, and more! Only 4 spells can be brought into battle though, so choose wisely!
- Multiple different game modes: Classic, Challenge, Survival, Maze, Hero Defense, Attack/Defend (Also used in PvP,) and Co-op missions throughout the campaign.
- Upgrade Defenders in the workshop! Multiple upgrades with several tiers for each defender. More upgrades become available as you build and improve your town.
GameplayUnlike regular Tower Defense games, Warstone TD has a unique method of summoning defenders (towers). You start with a fairly empty map and a few stones where you can place defenders. As the level progresses, more stones appear and some even drop from enemies, allowing you to place them in any valid position on the map. Powerful Warstones also appear occasionally which give significant bonuses to defenders standing on them. You can summon any of the 5 basic defenders on the stones: Peasant, Archer, Rifleman, Sorceress, and Elemental. Each basic defender has its own upgrade path, damage type, gold cost, and special abilities!
Warstone TD also has 2 extra base units only available for use in attack/defense missions, the Eagle and the Wolf. Each have branching upgrade paths, like the basic defenders. With such a variety of defenders and game classes there is a huge amount of tactics in PvP battles, increasing replayability even further!
There are 30 story missions and each mission has 3 modes: Campaign, Challenge, and Survival. The player can choose the difficulty of each mission from 4 settings: Easy, Normal, Hard, and Nightmare. Each mode has a unique achievement which gives a star when completed, the color of the star corresponds to the difficulty of the mission: gold for Nightmare, silver for Hard, and bronze for Normal. Levels have a lot of possible solutions but, with so many combinations, you're going to need to perfect your strategy to master them. And just in case you forget how awesome you are, there's an online leaderboard, which tracks your score, both in Campaign mode and PvP. Compete with your friends, or enemies!
Class systemAfter you progress through the first 4 missions in the campaign, you are able to choose a class to augment your abilites in battle. The classes are non-linear, you can pick and choose skills from any class, but you have to focus on a class if you want to get the most powerful skills.
- The Mighty Warlord greatly increases the effectiveness of your army! He improves the power and abilities of your defenders, can unleash the power of stone to help in battle; allowing placement of stones to slow nearby enemies, or give you a surge of mana and gold. He also has skills which allow your defenders to level up in battle, becoming more powerful with each successive rank.
- The Cunning Treasurer's weapon is gold! He is a master of item storage, able to fit an improbably large number of items into his backpack, and find many more scrolls and even potions during battles. Everything he does is for gold! He is able to increase bounty for enemies killed, make his own defenders cheaper, and eventually can even get a powerful spell that allows you to transmute an enemy into pure gold! With all of these abilities, the Treasurer can field a much bigger army than any other class.
- The Powerful Sorcerer is able to complete levels using only spells! He can bring up to eight spells into battle, increasing flexibilty greatly. His skills revolve around buffing spell effectiveness, regenerating mana, unlocking more powerful spells, and he can even transform units into mana. Among the spells the sorcerer can unlock are: Summon Elemental, Reduction; which shrinks and debuffs monsters, Meteor Shower, and Teleportation; which allows you to teleport defenders to any available stone on the map.
41. Anarchy Online
Anarchy Online – the first ever science fiction MMO – is finally on Steam! Compete and cooperate with thousands of player simultaneously on a vast, alien world. Join humanity nearly 30,000 years in the future in a world of perpetual conflict and scientific marvel.
Choose from 14 character classes across four races and deck them out with an array of weapons, armor, clothes, and accessories. Play as an elusive agent, a war-beaten soldier, or an enterprising trader. Customize your skills, abilities, and capabilities through nanotechnology and surgical implants.
Join other players and delve into the secrets of Rubi-Ka, or accept contracts for cash and gear by tackling unique missions filled with challenges and surprises. You can even claim territory for your organizations and battle other players over the precious resources!
Explore a breathtaking and diverse world, filled with locations such as jungles, deserts, and sprawling cities with towering skyscrapers. Beam up to alien space ships, visit other dimensions, and travel anywhere you want with personal vehicles, planes, and even mechs!
Construct entire cities for your organizations, engage in global trade, or just kick back and relax with your friends in your very own apartment! Anarchy Online is a living, breathing online world, filled with things to do alone or with friends!
42. Shark Attack Deathmatch 2
Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 captures the thrill of underwater multi-player mayhem like no other game. The combat is savage, gritty and brutal. Players hunt each other down in various game modes with the constant threat of terrifying sharks joining in on the bloodshed.Tear divers apart as you take on the the role as the ocean's top apex predator, The Great White.
- Brutal Multiplayer Combat
Multi-player combat in Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 is intense. Up to 8 Online Players battle it out against each other with the added threat of terrifying sharks joining in on the mayhem.
- Predator Mode- Play as the Great White Shark
Players get a chance to take on the role of the oceans top apex predator , the Great White. Tear divers limb from limb from in this visceral experience as the hunter becomes the hunted.
- Online CO-OP Survival Challenge
Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 features the most intense CO-OP underwater action you will ever experience.
It's just you and a friend against a terrifying onslaught of sharks! Will you survive?
- Single Player Survival Challenge
Survival is a single player experience where players take on a constant onslaught of some of the most terrifying beasts in the ocean. Every encounter you survive could have you climbing the global leaderboard for prestige and world domination.
- Breathtaking Seascapes and Levels
The game already features 6 amazing maps, each with it's own unique style and location. Whether it be hunting down the Ragged Tooth Sharks in The Boneyard, surviving brutal attacks in the flooded New York City map called Tsunami, fighting among the carnage of Wrecks and Reefs, exploring Atlantis, or battling between the Russian Attack Subs in The Red Tide. New maps will be released constantly during the early access process.
- Character Customization
Players have complete control of all their gear. Personalize Wetsuits, flippers, goggles, tanks, snorkels and more. Create your own signature look that other players recognise and will soon grow to fear.
- Terrifying Sharks and Creatures
Jump straight into the action and take on a variety of terrifying sharks. Great Whites, Ragged-Tooth's, Bull Sharks, Black Tip Reef Sharks, Shortfin Mako Sharks and Tiger Sharks, when provoked will hunt you down and become your worst nightmare.
You are a lone adventurer in a strange, non-Euclidean world. Gather as much treasure as you can before the nasty monsters get you. Explore about 50 different lands, each with its own unique treasures, enemies, and terrain obstacles. Your quest is to find the legendary treasure, the Orbs of Yendor. Collect one of them to win! Or just ignore your quest and collect smaller treasures.
The twist is the unique, unusual geometry of the world: it is one of just few games which takes place on the hyperbolic plane. Witness a grid composed of hexagons and heptagons, straight lines which seem to be parallel, but then they diverge and never cross, triangles whose angles add up to less than 180 degrees, how extremely unlikely is it to reach the same place twice due to practically infinite size of the world (centillions of locations in just 700 steps from the starting point), and how the world seems to be rotated when you do return. All this matters for the gameplay. The game is inspired by the roguelike genre (although in a very minimalist way), works of M. C. Escher, and by puzzle games such as Deadly Rooms of Death.
HyperRogue can be played for free from its website. The Steam version adds online achievements, online leaderboards, trading cards, and convenience. Also, as the game is constantly updated, the Steam version includes the newest features, such as new lands with new mechanics, or new game modes -- see Gallery for the current differences.
Razenroth is an action game with a dark atmosphere, enriched with the elements of roguelike and RPG. All the levels, weather conditions, distribution and quantity of key elements are generated randomly. Thanks to this fact, a single game is different each time. A player must fight dozens of different creatures and several extremely dangerous bosses. He has a range of different objects at his disposal, as magic spells, skills, potions, book of spells and other.
The main character of the game – Charles Carter – is a young journalist who tries to solve mysterious disappearance of his grandfather, Joseph Carter. One and only way to do that, is to enter the world of nightmares, inhabited by horrifying creatures.Main features of the game:
- Over 200 objects to find - magic potions, spells, books, elements of clothing, talismans, rings, amulets and other. Some of them are extremely powerful, thus, more difficult to obtain.
- Levels are generated randomly. Each of those is characterised by different construction, random weather conditions and unique colouring. As the game progresses, the main scenery is also changing (e.g. dark forest, rainy marshland, graveyard, caves, etc.)
- Several dozen creatures to fight with. There are regular creatures and these which can be encountered rather rarely. The more rare the creature, the better chance to obtain valuable objects after it is beaten.
- Unique bosses - each level has random bosses to kill.
- Special random events - sometimes a player may find an object or meet a creature which will begin some new task. When it is fulfilled, a player gets valuable objects.
- Several dozen interactive elements. Among those there are different shrines, chests, and some rare graves, altars, etc.
- The main character's house with a possibility of developing it - inside, a player can buy keys and magic potions, heal himself and do other things.
- Unlockable characters. By playing more you'll get a chance to unlock additional playable characters with different statistics and skills.
- Character leveling system. By killing monsters you get experience points which allow your character to level up. You can improve some of the basic stats like hp, mana, critical damage, etc. Additionally there are also over a dozen of powerful skills to improve, that let you customize your character as you want.
Embark on an adventure with what little you have and discover what the world of Crea has to offer. Through each action, improve your talents and master many skills. Through each victory, grow in strength and shape yourself. Through each inquiry, unlock new items to craft and build. Through each expedition, explore new realms and uncover Crea’s lore.
- Level up by defeating enemies
- Learn over 80 skills through the talent system
- Loot and craft powerful gear with unique attributes
- Discover the world’s expansive mythos and history
- Defeat challenging original monsters each with their own attacks
- Survive by timing shield blocks and dodge rolling
- Vanquish by your weapon of choice: Sword, Spear, Bow, or Magic
- Challenge massive bosses and prepare to die
- Research materials to discover their crafting capabilities
- Find old recipe scrolls scattered throughout the world
- Upgrade equipment to carry over their stats
- Use chaos crafting (minigame) to create even more powerful items
- Explore massive procedurally generated worlds
- Quickly teleport through the use of Way Crystals, Way Shards and Rifts
- Delve into dungeons that not only look different but play different every time
- Travel to completely new Realms beyond the bounds of the main world
- Built from the ground up with modding in mind
- All gameplay logic and content exposed in Python
- Easily create new content or entirely new gameplay systems
- Learn from extensive modding tutorials and API documentation
- Join in on the Development Streams
- Track progress and what’s planned on the Roadmap
- Get the latest development news on Twitter
FRONTIERS blends the feel of first-person RPG classics like Daggerfall with the relaxing tempo and simplicity of a point-and-click adventure. Discover ancient mysteries, live off the land and fight deadly creatures, all in a beautiful, massive open world.Is FRONTIERS for you?
I can still remember the first time I played Daggerfall. Yes, it was uglier than a monkey's armpit and controlled worse than a bumper car on a frozen lake. But it also created the feeling of a world that lived on even after I'd stopped playing, and that feeling still sticks with me all these years later. A world where you could spend hours searching every pixelated nook and cranny. A world of potential. A world of exploration...
...and then a Dragonling would chomp my face because I hadn't spent ten hours grinding in the easy regions. Arg! So frustrating!
Other games have touched on that elusive feeling, especially Elder Scrolls and early Fallout games, but as fun as they are and as much as I love hardcore RPG mechanics, I've always dreamt of a game that emphasized exploration above all else.
If you feel the same way then yes - FRONTIERS is for you!Key Features:
- Massive open world - go anywhere, any time
- Unique relaxing pace and tone
- An exploration-focused main quest that spans an entire continent
- Simple gameplay - no stats or skill trees to memorize (It barely qualifies as an RPG, really)
- Live off the land - hunt, trap, fish and cook dozens of varieties of plantlife (including hallucinogens!) and a dozen varieties of animal
- Minecraft-style item crafting system
- Dozens of skills to discover and learn, including magic, survival and stealth skills
- Hundreds of shops, taverns, homes, caves, castles and other structures to explore
- A haunting soundtrack for every region
- Full mod support
- NEW: Oculus Rift support
NOTE: I recommend reading reviews & forum posts before purchasing, especially concerning Linux support.
47. Bohemian Killing
Steampunk Paris, set against the background of the late 19th century, torn between tradition and modernity. Class differences and pervasive racism finally lead to a tragedy. A year later you find yourself on trial, accused of a brutal murder. How far will you go to exonerate yourself? Will you lie, seek evidence to prop your testimony or, perhaps, pretend to be insane? Your imagination is the limit. OVERVIEWBohemian Killing is a narrative-driven courtroom drama, offering players almost unlimited possibilities of solving the lawsuit, thanks to the complete integration of gameplay and narrated story. It is also the first law-themed game made by a real-life lawyer!STORYLINEWelcome to Paris of the late 19th century. The aftermath of the Great Revolution offered a new start for each and every citizen, regardless of social class. Alfred Ethon, a young inventor of Gypsy origin, benefits from the change, becoming a symbol of success thanks to his hard work and innovative projects, well ahead of their time.
Soon, a young woman is brutally murdered - a maid working for an impoverished Lord, a relic of the old French regime. Is Alfred Ethon to be blamed for the murder? The evidence points towards him... But you can change that.
As you stand before the court, all you can count on is your own intellect and creativity. But how does that look in practice?GAMEPLAYGameplay in Bohemian Killing is a combination of a courtroom drama, and a walking simulator. It can be classified as a first person experience, or a first person interactive story adventure game.
The story is set within two time frames. In the present, you find yourself locked up in the courtroom. You're getting acquainted with the evidence, witness testimony and questions posed by the Judge. Each question triggers a flashback - and begins your testimony. During the flashback you find yourself in a Parisian district, with each of your decisions, interactions and action affecting Alfred Ethons' testimony and the final verdict.
To help you in your testimony, you'll have access to all the evidence gathered on the case - expert opinions, reports and witness testimonies. Each of them can be (but doesn't have to be!) refuted in a number of different ways.
In the Evidence menu you can familiarize yourself with testimonies of witnesses, forensic expertises, physical evidences, etc. They are grouped into appropriate categories, making them easy to find.
A neighbor testified that at approximately 10 p.m. he passed you in the entrance of the tenement house, noticing that your clothes were covered in blood? Try testifying that your neighbor lies and prove that he has a reason to do so. Or maybe you'll get into a bar fight just a few minutes before, so that you can testify that the blood the neighbor saw was yours, and not the victim's? Or maybe you will cut yourself while shaving, covering your clothes with blood that the neighbor sees later? But what if the court finds your time of shaving conspicuous and torments you with even more questions? How will you get out of this?
With a wide range of possibilities that can lead to several standard endings and one additional hidden one, the game doesn't consider any path "a bad one", ensuring that each playthrough will be different.
To adjust the game to the preferences of each player, two modes are available:
- In the Standard mode, the outcome depends entirely on your creativity and ability to solve logical problems. You will suffer the consequences of your own actions.
- In the Story mode, your attorney will advise you as you progress along, commenting on your decisions and choices, preventing you from acting in a way that might prove to be harmful in the eyes of the court.
Stephane Cornicard studied in France, at the prestigious Colby College in the US, and at Goldsmith College in the UK. He played in numerous blockbusters such as “Spectre,” the most recent Bond film, or Steven Spielberg’s “Saving Private Ryan”.
His career as a voice actor is no less impressive and includes Syphon Filter, Primal, Metal Gear Solid, and the Dragon Age and Total War series. He currently teaches drama at the Actor’s Centre in London.
48. Trench Run
Make friends, then blow them to bits!
Trench Run is a mayhem-filled, laugh a minute casual multiplayer action game brought to you by the makers of King Arthur’s Gold and Soldat.
Blow your enemies to bits in muddy trenches, then sip wine with them at the bar in the first multiplayer shooter with no death.
Listen to a relaxing feel-good gypsy jazz soundtrack as you watch your screaming enemies ride rockets and explode crashing into walls. Howl with laughter. Repeat.
Turn into a shrub. Have a dance off. Buy a pet crocodile.
See you at the bar!
- Unique team-based "Run" mode for 2-10 players
- Free-for-all Skirmish mode for 1-4 players (perfect for a fun evening with friends)
- 5 classes with special skills to choose from (Assault, Sniper, Demolitions, Commando and Medic)
- Semi-random destructible maps
- Down on the ground? Grab a medikit and continue fighting!
- Play basketball and meet new friends between rounds
- Spend coins on drinks and cigarettes from the VIP bar
- Buy customized costumes and pet animals
- Online and Local couch-based multiplayer available
- Designed to be easy to pick up and play, but deep enough to play seriously
49. Remnants of Naezith
Feel the acceleration in this fast-paced grappling hook platformer, Remnants of Naezith.
It focuses on having freedom of movement, solid character control and not having any speed limitations. The fun of swinging with grappling hooks and the amazing feel of acceleration makes a great combination in this game.
You play as Kayra, a human who shares his body with the soul of the ancient thunder dragon, Naezith! With the powers granted to him by the dragon, Kayra will destroy the Remnants of Naezith, enchanted fragments of the dragon's body, to prevent anyone from exploiting their power for evil.
- LEVEL SELECTION
Proceed through four chapters with 20 branching levels in each.
- SECRET LEVELS
Find the hidden remnants to unlock secret levels.
Watch top player replays and improve your skills to ascend.
- GLOBAL RANKINGS
Get a badge depending on your overall performance and compete worldwide.
Race against other people's best times or your own.
- SPEEDRUN MODE
Try going through the entire game or a specific chapter as fast as possible.
- CUSTOM LEVELS
Explore the countless levels made by the community and design your own.
Based in Feudal Japan, Disgraced allows you to assume the role of a soldier who was reluctantly conscripted into the newly proclaimed Shogun's army. Serving a corrupt and tyrannical government, you're expected to follow orders and commit terrible atrocities. Torn between duty and justice, you must choose your own path, and forge your own destiny.
Disgraced is a role playing game that follows a fictional storyline based on real events. Your character will participate in a resistance movement determined to bring freedom and justice to Japan.
Build Your Resistance
- Disgraced puts you in control of your own rebellion! Using whatever resources and funds that are available to you, build, manage, and upgrade your very own rebel faction!
Assemble Your Team
- Disgraced features battles that require planning, and strategy in order to claim victory. Choose from a wide selection of companions to accompany you on your quest for freedom and hone your skills as a team!
- Disgraced is a game about striking back against an unjust, and corrupt government. You'll need to meticulously plan out your raids in order to be successful, and use whatever you're lucky enough to get your hands on. You can follow the path of a ninja, a ronin, or anything in between. You play how you want to play.
- Fictional Story Based on Real Events
- Character Creation, & Development
- Open Class Leveling System
- Dynamic Story & Decision System
- Open World Exploration
- Many Unique Locations To Discover
- Diverse & Unique Characters
- Advanced Companion System
- Faction System
- Faction Supply & Upgrade System
- Base Upgrade & Management System
- Arena Mini Game
- Hundreds of Choices for Equipment
- Historically Accurate Weapons & Armor
- Equipment Durability & Degradation System
- Face Constant & Evolving Challenges
- Randomized Loot System
- Dozens of Different Enemies
- Advanced Combat System
- Dozens of Side Quests
- Multi-Layered Skill System
- Hundreds of Skills
- Limitless Replayability
Visual & Audio Features:
- Consuming Atmosphere
- Authentic Soundtrack
- Day/Night Cycle
- Randomized Weather Patterns
- Fog of War
- Detailed Environments
- Over 150 Maps, Areas, & Lands to Explore
- High Quality/Hand Drawn Graphics
- Full Mouse & Keyboard Support
- Support for All Windows Computers