The best games like Space Pirates and Zombies are:
- arrow_rightNo Man's Sky
- arrow_rightShadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition
- arrow_rightZombie Driver HD
- arrow_rightGalaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
- arrow_rightThe Red Solstice
- arrow_rightHomeworld Remastered Collection
100 Best Games Like Space Pirates and Zombies:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (30)
- PlayStation 4 (37)
- iOS (45)
- Android (26)
- macOS (100)
- Linux (71)
- Nintendo Switch (24)
- Nintendo 3DS (1)
- Nintendo DS (2)
- Xbox 360 (14)
- PlayStation 3 (19)
- PlayStation 2 (4)
- PlayStation (4)
- PS Vita (9)
- PSP (3)
- Wii U (7)
- Wii (5)
- GameCube (2)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- Game Boy (1)
- NES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (1)
- Apple II (1)
- Atari 7800 (1)
- Atari 5200 (1)
- Atari 2600 (1)
- Atari 8-bit (1)
- Atari ST (1)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
- Web (1)
Transistor is a cyberpunk game that uses isometric point-of-view as its primary mechanic. Following the story of Red, she discovers a body of an unknown man with a sword in his chest called Transistor. Sword has possessed the mind and voice of its previous owner and now able to speak with Red, navigating her in a city called Cloudbank, as the Process attacked the city and still searches for Red to kill her and return the sword back to them for unknown reasons.
Despite having real-time battles, Red can freeze the time with her ability called Turn that draws her action bar. Until it is fully restored, no abilities can be used if only you don't have the upgrades. As an addition, Red can retrieve Functions from her fallen enemies - new powers for her weapon with a passive, persistent effect or other. Beautiful design and interesting lore give this game a unique atmosphere being doubled by the soundtrack, done by Darren Korb.
• An all-new world from the team that created Bastion
• Configure the powerful Transistor with thousands of possible Function combinations
• Action-packed real-time combat fused with a robust strategic planning mode
• Vibrant hand-painted artwork in full 1080p resolution
• Original soundtrack changes dynamically as the action unfolds
• Hours of reactive voiceover create a deep and atmospheric story
• 'Recursion' option introduces procedural battles after finishing the story
• Fully customizable controls custom-tailored for PC
2. No Man's Sky
No Man's Sky is a space action-adventure survival game developed by Hello Games.
The overall visual style of the game is inspired by various science fiction books. Demoscene also served as a source of inspiration for the developers.
The main feature that the game revolves around is the procedural generation. Each planet you visit is generated from scratch. The information about the planets and their inhabitants is dynamically updated so every player can discover a new species or planet and give it a name.
No Man's Sky gameplay implies the exploration of space and planets some of which are inhabited with extra-terrestrial life, gathering resources, space battles, maintaining and upgrading the player's ship and completing bounty hunting missions. The main objective is to reach the center of the galaxy.
On release, it was stated that the game is in fact multiplayer, but the size of its world is so big that the probability of meeting another player is extremely small. It turned out that it is impossible to meet any other player due to the extremely limited multiplayer aspect. As of 2018, Hello Games released the fourth major update which included the full multiplayer experience.
3. Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition
Year 2012. A mutation occurred on Earth. Next to people appear magicians, elves, goblins, gnomes, orcs, dragons. The world has not collapsed, different races have learned to harmoniously interact with each other. Civilization is developing.
Heroes of the game can belong to different races, and within the race - to be different representatives of it. The choice of the hero is done at the beginning of the game.
The world has come to magic, but crime has not disappeared from it. Heroes are caught in a criminal history. They can get out if they find the father of one of the heroes - in fact, this is the purpose of the game.
Heroes are pursued by police and criminals. In this situation, you can select three game intensity modes.
Heroes pumped skills and abilities. You can even pump etiquette. Pumped etiquette allows you to go through some missions without resistance.
Inside the universe, you can move to a level deeper. Diving into the virtual reality of a programmable matrix and solving problems at the program level. At this level, too, there are enemies - malicious programs. The damage incurred in the virtual world will affect the health of the characters.
4. Zombie Driver HD
Zombie Driver HD is a single-player action game, combining elements of shooter and racing. The events set in a zombie apocalypse environment.
There are three game modes. The first one is a classical story mode.
You play as a taxi driver, who is doing his work when the virus appears. You need to get to the military checkpoint, where you have to complete different missions: picking up survivors around the city, transporting something or even killing. You have to fight with the bosses – substantial mutated zombies. In the second mode, Blood Race, the player enters the brutal race. You can chase the cars and take them down. There are three distinct game types: classic race; eliminator, where the player needs to take down cars as many as he can; the endurance, in which you need to race with a ticking bomb in your vehicle. The last one is Slaughter. You try to survive on different arenas as long as you can.
As for the vehicles, there are 13 types of driving. It includes a fire truck, bulldozer, and tank.
Every vehicle feels different, so you can taste it and choose the most convenient one. Upgrading the vehicle on the fly is possible. The game offers the variety of weapons. You can burn zombies with flamethrowers or attack with the launcher. You fight with crowds of zombies at a time, especially in the Slaughter mode. The types of enemies can be unusual: there are zombies dogs, for instance. Medical drops, scattered around the city, can help to manage your health.
5. Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
Galaxy On Fire 2 is the second part in its series and the sequel to the original Galaxy On Fire. It is a game about futuristic spaceflight.
The protagonist is Keith T. Maxwell, a space pilot who was also the main character in the original game. When his ship malfunctions, he accidentally travels thirty-five years to the future. There, a space trader Gunant Breh rescues Maxwell, hires him and gives him a new ship. Keith has to gather ore, fight against pirate attacks and investigate lost space stations.
The player navigates the protagonist's ship through space. He or she can mine ore to gain money, explore multiple star systems, fight pirates, and complete other missions. The "jump gates" connect the star systems, allowing the player to travel between them instantly. However, within the systems themselves, the player has to pilot his or her ship manually.
While in spaceports, the player controls Maxwell himself. There, the protagonist can sell his ore and loot, buy upgrades for the ship, such as better engines or weapons, repair the ship, or even buy an entirely new vessel. There's also a bar, in which the NPCs can provide the main character with optional quests that earn him money.
Full HD version
The original Galaxy On Fire 2 was developed for mobile devices. The Full HD version features enhanced graphics and can run on a PC. This version has a slightly reduced content and does not include the DLCs and some of the original game's star systems.
EVERSPACE™ is an action-focused single-player space shooter, combining roguelike elements with top-notch visuals and a captivating story. It takes you on a challenging journey through an ever-changing, beautifully crafted universe full of surprises. Your skills, experience, and talent for improvisation will be tested continuously as you piece together the puzzle of your existence through encounters with interesting characters, each having their own unique part of the story to tell.
In each exciting run, you will face entirely new situations, ensuring countless hours of thrilling gameplay and generating myriad opportunities for individual, meaningful moments to experience. No matter how skilled you are, death is inevitable but is also only the beginning of a much larger journey.
- Dash into intense dogfights and experience furious space combat using a wide range of weaponry and devices.
- Collect and mine valuable resources to either repair your ship’s systems or to craft new equipment and modifications for a much-needed advantage. Your choice.
- Find blueprints for crafting, and hunt for exotic weaponry and equipment. You never know what will drop next.
- Travel through vast, procedurally-generated levels with untold numbers of hidden dangers and treasures. A game of risk and reward awaits.
- With the tools provided, it is up to you to make the best of your situation. Utilize every advantage and be creative to turn the odds in your favor. Every mistake could be your last.
- Single-player roguelike space shooter with persistent progression
- Captivating fully voice-acted story featuring interesting and thoughtfully designed characters
- Three unique player ships, each with different capabilities and starting gear to choose from
- Vibrant art style with top-notch visuals and incredible attention to detail
- Shooter-style 6DOF controls optimized for mouse + keyboard
- In-depth crafting and damage system
- Dynamic, functional cockpit displays for all player ships
7. The Red Solstice
The Red Solstice is an isometric tactical co-op survival game developed by Ironward.
In the distant future, a storm broke out on colonized Mars leaving the colonies without contact with the capital. You play as one of the marine corps sent to investigate what is going on.
The game features both singleplayer and multiplayer modes. Singleplayer serves both as a tutorial and a part of a story that continues in multiplayer.
A heavy emphasis is put on the game's class system that features 8 classes from Assault to Recon. The game offers some degree of replayability as every map's feature is randomized and an average play session lasts no longer than one hour. There is some element of RPG mechanics to the game as players are able to gain experience points. There are 25 Ranks and 10 Speciality Ranks. While ranks are an indication of a player's progress in the game, Speciality Ranks are used in order to level up a specific class. With each new Specialty Rank, there is an Attribute bonus for the player.
Different parts of the marine equipment can be replaced in order to change one's stats and customize the playstyle.
8. Homeworld Remastered Collection
Homeworld Remastered Collection is a remastered collection of real-time space strategies Homeworld and Homeworld 2 including all their expansion packs developed by Gearbox Software.
For eternity, the people living on Kharak were certain, that this planet is not their homeworld. There was a Question of Origin, which could not be answered by any scientific research. A spaceship crashes on the planet's surface. A Guidestone and a hyperengine were discovered. The people of Kharak unite to build a spaceship and set off to find their true origin.
Homeworld is a real-time strategy, which takes place in space. Like in most strategy games, the gameplay focuses on gathering resources, building armies, and using them to annihilate the enemies or complete tasks. There are both singleplayer and multiplayer modes available to the players.
The singleplayer campaign consists of a number of levels. On each level, the players have a primary objective with several side-quests which can change as the mission progresses.
The main ship of the fleet serves as a mothership, which can build other ships. The mothership cannot move. There are immovable objects on every level, which can be mined using special ships that will take the ores to the mothership. These resources are later used to build new ships, such as miners or attack vessels.
Remastered Edition featured
The gameplay was left untouched by Gearbox Software. Only the graphics and the UI got heavily refined.
Wakfu is a turn-based MMORPG developed by Ankama games. This is an indirect sequel to 2004 game Dofus.
The game takes places in the same universe as Dofus but in 1000 years after the events of the previous game. The player must defeat an ogre named “Ogrest” which presumably made the world flood.
The game follows a player-created avatar, which can choose one of eighteen classes available in the game. Each one has several unique abilities not available to other classes. Unlike other MMO RPGs, the player gets all of the classes’ abilities from the start and can only strengthen them as they progress. After completing early sections of the game, the player can also join one of many in-game nations. The nations control parts of the world and are ruled by the real-player governor. The governor can appoint up to seven other players to run his administration. Each nation has its laws that can be changed by the governor. Players that break the law become outlaws and can be killed by other players without any penalty.
Like in other MMORPG, character progression depends on the experience they get. To get new levels, players can complete the quest, fight mobs and explore the dungeons. The combat in Wakfu is turn-based and incorporates some elements of tactical role-playing games.
10. The Swindle
All the buildings you’ll be robbing are randomly-generated, so you’ll never get the same level twice.
Meanwhile, from the safety of your rickety airship up in Outer Space, you can modify your thief with new skills, tools, and all manner of advanced technological horrors, allowing you to take on bigger buildings with better security, for gargantuan rewards!
Have you got what it takes to pull off The Swindle?
> London, 1849_
> In 100 days, Scotland Yard will activate their breakthrough Artificial Intelligence technology,
> codenamed "The Devil's Basilisk"_
> Its surveillance capabilities will be total. If the project is completed,
> your career as a master burglar will be untenable_
> Steal it, before that can happen_
Inspired by John Carpenter's "The Thing".
A helicopter crash left a group of explorers stranded near an Arctic base. As they try to find a way back, all they are doing is sinking deeper into a nightmare scenario. When they sleep, they attract a terrifying force that sucks the life out of their bodies, but the longer they battle exhaustion and stay awake, the less likely they are to survive...
As the survivors try to sleep just enough to stave off fatigue without dying, they slowly go mad and eventually reach the point where they can no longer trust their senses. In time, they can't even tell the difference between reality and a hallucination.
Guide the survivors through a randomly generated Arctic base, overcome the severe climate and fight the unfathomable!
Gameplay involving an extreme climate
Randomly generated levels
15 characters with unique skills and abilities
Tons of quests, game events and plot twists
Altered perception of reality: you cannot trust what you see
12. Grow Up
While out exploring the galaxy with MOM, BUD’s parental spaceship, she goes to pieces. Like, literally – MOM’s all over the place. The positioning of that moon was terribly inconsiderate. Now her ship parts are scattered far and wide across an entire alien planet so rich in flora and fauna it would make even the most jaded galactic gardener’s head spin. It’s up to BUD to collect all her parts and get them back to the moon.
- Join this adorable wobbly robot on his fantastical acroBUDic adventure to the moon.
- Collect MOM’s ship parts with the help of your new friend POD. She likes planets. A lot.
- Explore an entire alien planet filled with excitement and wonder. And a Flungus.
- Walking’s overrated. Tuck BUD into Ball mode to boost, bounce and roll around the planet.
- Take to the air and soar between floating islands like a big metal bird with the Power Glider.
- Exercise those green fingers and overcome obstacles by spawning any plant you’ve found with the Floradex 3000.
- Ride giant Starplants into the sky (yes, we know what they look like…)
13. Strike Suit Zero
Strike Suit Zero is a space flight combat game. The game was funded via Kickstarter and advertised itself as an attempt to revive space flight combat genre.
Plot and setting
The game takes place in the distant future. The main protagonist is a pilot for United Nations of Earth and must help his home planet in a war against united forces of space colonies.
The game consists of several missions. In each one of them, you participate in a massive space battle. The missions’ design intends to simulate full-fledged warfare that does not revolve just around the player. The player has to perform a specific task in every mission such as protecting an important ally or destroying the certain enemy object.
The player can choose between four types of spaceships: interceptor, fighter, bomber and the Strike Suit. Using the last one, the player can switch their spacecraft between fighter-mode and strike mode. In the strike-mode, the Strike Suit transforms into a more agile human-like mech.
Throughout the game, the player unlocks different types of weaponry, including machine-guns, missiles, lasers, plasma cannons, and rockets.
The game supports joysticks
14. Infested Planet
Command a team of 5 elite soldiers against an alien horde of 100,000. Surrounded on all sides, you must outmaneuver and outsmart the enemy.
The enemy is closing in around you. Your soldiers are being flanked and the perimeter is slowly collapsing under a vicious alien assault. Robotic turrets will not last much longer. Just a little more and the bugs will swarm into your unprotected base. What are your orders?
You order your soldiers to fall back to a defensive chokepoint and rebuild your defenses. Sacrifice the forward squads to gain some extra time. Gather your team while equipping them with flamethrowers and laser guns. Start building a siege cannon for fire support. Then, while the aliens are busy, flank their main hives to destroy and capture them.
You have just pulled off a tactical victory - but there's no time to rest.
The aliens are constantly mutating. One moment your shotguns are ripping through the horde, the next the aliens grow hard, bullet-proof armour. You must adapt as well. Equip your team with stealth suits, miniguns, grenade launchers - your commands will decide the battle's outcome.Features
- Real time tactical combat
- A lengthy campaign where you develop new weapons
- Procedural maps and random mutation system keep the game fresh
- 21 Human weapons and buildings for you to wield
- 33 Alien mutations to keep you on your toes
- Fight thousands of enemies at once
15. Super Sanctum TD
Super Sanctum TD is a retro-styled Tower Defense game that focuses on strategy, customization and replayability. Build advanced mazes and construct powerful towers to prevent alien hordes from reaching the Core! When the aliens swarm your maze and everything seems lost, use active abilities like Air Strike and Freeze to tilt the battlefield to your advantage!
Strategy and skill are leading principles of Super Sanctum TD. Carefully choose your loadout of towers and active abilities before each level to make sure you can handle everything that will be thrown at you. Each battle is rewarded depending on your performance, and you can use these rewards to gain access to Perks that let you tweak and specialize your strategies even more!
- Carefully plan your maze to master the game on all difficulties.
- Towers like Gatling, Flamer and the Automatic Crowd Pummeler, all with their own individual strengths.
- Intercept enemies from reaching the Cores with active abilities like Smart Bomb and Gravity Shift!
- Vast perk system that lets you specialize specific towers, abilities, and more!
- Prove yourself as the ultimate Core defender by defeating the game on all difficulties and game modes.
- Square up against the best for a spot on the leaderboard by putting your deadliest strategies to the test in Survival Mode!
Super Sanctum TD has recently recieved a major overhaul with a revamped UI, new perk system and rebalanced gameplay!
16. Sky Force Reloaded
The shoot ‘em up you were looking for!
Sky Force Reloaded is the spirit of the classic arcade shoot ‘em ups, captured with modern visuals and design. New entry in the series will keep you entertained with all the things you’ve came to love in scrolling shooters. Meaty explosions, incinerating lasers, collosal bosses and diverse aircrafts to pilot.
Sky Force Reloaded is not your average scrolling shooter. It will draw you in with its beautiful environments and intense effects. It will keep you with its superb gameplay mechanics, progression system and in-game collectibles. It will leave you wishing for more, once it’s over. Fortunately, there’s a lot to do before that happens.
- Master 15 beautiful and immersive stages with challenging missions to complete.
- Battle enormous and intimidating bosses, laugh when they explode and cry when you explode.
- Unlock new difficulty modes, all the way from Normal to Nightmare.
- Put yourself in danger to rescue missing operatives from the battlefield.
- Assemble and test 9 different aircrafts. Pick your favorite, with its unique features and play style.
- Hunt down 30 elusive bonus cards to add even more depth to the gameplay. Some of them will grant permanent benefits, while others will boost your abilities only temporarily.
- Install hundreds of upgrades to your weapons, shields and other equipment. Turn your plane into a flying tank.
- Complete in-game objectives to unlock 8 assisting technicians. Choose one of them to help you with their special skill.
- Spot the wrecks of your fallen friends and get rewards for picking them up.
- Enter the Weekend Tournaments to challenge your friends on one of 5 specially crafted infinite stages.
- Appreciate highly polished gameplay and well balanced difficulty curve, whether you consider yourself a casual gamer or a die-hard shmup fanatic.
- Enjoy professional voiceover and incredible electronic soundtrack.
- Set the fun level to eleven by inviting your friends to play with you in local cooperative mode! Find the planes that best suit you both and challenge the hardest bosses, too fearsome to be faced alone.
Welcome to your new favorite shoot ‘em up. Welcome to Sky Force Reloaded!
17. Darkstar One
Darkstar One offers a fantastic amount of freedom of choice. The story-based missions gradually lead you deeper into the galaxy to new races, new technologies and ever stronger opponents. Explore a vast array of solar systems in search of hidden artifacts of ancient races, essential objects for upgrading your ship--the Darkstar One.
In addition to artifacts, acquire credits to purchase better equipment, such as weapons and shields. Earn credits in a myriad of ways: by taking on assignments, bounty hunting, piracy, smuggling, trading, escorting, transporting, rewards and more.
- A vast, simulated universe with many unique races, space ships and battle tactics.
- Elaborate story, related by more than fifty minutes of video sequences.
- Configure and upgrade your ship, Darkstar One, any way you choose--build a fast attack ship with many light weapons or a near-invincible cruiser with heavy weaponry.
- Over two hundred different weapons, shields and equipment items.
- Rockets, torpedoes and mines feature special tactical uses: mines can fire at opponents or distract approaching missiles.
- The "Spell Weapon": a special weapon with a powerful effect similar to certain spells in role-playing games. This weapon becomes increasingly versatile throughout the game and greatly increases tactical options.
- Acquire weapons from other races - Mount distinctive weapons from other races on "Darkstar One," each featuring unique functions that require different battle tactics.
- Embark on special missions - explore canyons or even underground on unknown worlds.
- Freedom of choice - earn credits in many ways: fighting, piracy, assignments, smuggling, trading, escorting, transporting, rewards, and more.
- Play as the "good" or the "bad" guy and take advantage of political disputes.
18. Duke of Alpha Centauri
Duke of Alpha Centuri is a space shooter with amazing graphics. The main goal of our game is to have a lot of fun while blowing up hordes of different types of enemies.
Engage in boss fights, upgrade your ship and ship systems until you are able to show off in an endless mode. The game is designed to fit any player, from the beginners all the way to the skilled ones.
And also It has different difficulty settings to make it more challenging.
The game is featuring different and unique levels. Each level and enemy is carefully designed and programmed to give you as much fun as possible. Every level looks amazing, with beautiful space graphics.
Every time you level up, you unlock one system upgrade point. For every 10 levels you are able to unlock more ship upgrades.
- Mechanical weapons power supply
- Energy weapons power supply
- Weapons damage
- Auto-aim plasma turret
- Auto-aim missile
- Auto-aim laser turret
- Holoemiter improvement
- Shield energy converter
- Phase shift
- Fast shield recharge
- Fast hull repair
- Fast weapons power recharge
The Player has two different types of weapons: mechanical (bullets and missiles) and energy weapons (plasma bullets and lasers). They are powered from different power sources so keep in mind to upgrade them both. Missiles and lasers are activated when the player targets enemies with an auto guided system. You can change your target at any time.
Besides weapons, the player has 2 more ship abilities: holoemiters and system overload. Holoemiters are used to boost your damage and projecting 3 or 5 holodrones, so that you can damage enemies more quickly. System overload is a technology that combines nanorobots and high temperature plasma reactions to recharge shields, weapons power supply or to repair your ship's hull.
Your ship has a defense shield installed. If it fails, be careful that you don't get critical hull breach, because your reactor core will explode and destroy your ship.
Duke of Alpha Centuri has 13 different enemies, each one with 3 different styles which gives them a complete diversity.
Enemies are equipped with different types of weapons (plasma weapons, photon weapons, lasers, missiles) and some of them have cloaking technology, so be careful when they appear.
Bosses are quite unique and use all kinds of foul tricks to destroy the player. You will encounter some asteroids.
Be careful when flying near them because your shields can't block them, so they will hit you directly.
19. Dungeon Rushers
Dungeon Rushers is a 2D tactical RPG combining dungeon crawler’s gameplay and turn based fights. Manage your team, loot dusty dungeons, crush armies of monsters and craft mighty equipment. Be part of an epic adventure with a colorful cast of characters in an off-beat universe. Build your own dungeon and challenge other players!The Game:
Over the course of an epic quest, explore many dungeons and loot their guarded treasures. Build your own team by choosing the best hero combination to overcome traps and monsters lurking in the shadows.
Upgrade the skills of your heroes to make them even more fearsome and place them strategically to achieve victory.
Craft your equipment on your own with components gathered during your journey thanks to an advanced system consisting of six different craftsmen.
Complete dungeons and their bonus challenges to unlock the Heroic difficulty, where only the best can make their way to the treasure!
Build your own dungeon in which you can spread traps and monsters to prevent other adventurers from looting your chest! Hire your « dream team » by exploring a world where dungeons and manors have been abandoned by men in favor of the worst creatures, then attack other players' dungeons to plunder their treasure!Heroes: Features:
- Campaign mode full of humor with various sound and graphic environments
- Interactive exploration system
- Revised turn based fights with a hint of nostalgia
- Advanced team management (equipment, skills upgrade, in-fight position, ...)
- Wide range of skills to use (scout, heals, dodge, trap deactivation, monsters stalking)
- Crafting system featuring many recipes to unlock
- High replay value with a Heroic difficulty for each dungeon
- Online arena system with matchmaking and ranking
- Battles among friends, to die against people you love
- Epic custom-made soundtrack
20. Space Pirates And Zombies 2
In SPAZ 2 you must survive in an evolving post apocalyptic Galaxy. The zombie threat is defeated, infrastructure has collapsed, fuel is scarce, and scavenging means survival.
Initially the Galaxy contains hundreds of fleets, each trying to survive. AI captains do everything the player can. The player is not special and is not the center of the Galaxy.
As resource scarcity becomes critical, ships come into conflict just to survive. Factions may form for protection or split due to starvation. Old friends must become fodder.
Stronger factions establish and defend territories, set up resource hubs, and establish star bases. Weaker factions may resort to banditry. Each captain is unique, persistent, and shapes the Galaxy.
When factions meet, combat is usually the result. While the strategic side of SPAZ 2 is about exploration, territorial control, and faction building, the action side of SPAZ 2 is about ship construction, tactics, and salvage.
Combat creates damaged ships and dead crew, but it also provides new salvaged parts. All the parts in SPAZ 2 are modular and randomly generated. If you see something you like, break it off an enemy, grab it with your tractor beam, and connect it to your ship. Ship construction can be done live during battles, though sometimes beating an enemy to death with their broken wing is also fun.
Back on the star map, battles will attract other captains looking for salvage. Take your new parts and run. Upgrade, repair, and prepare to fight another day, for darker threats are about to emerge.
- Two hundred persistent Captains that are able to do everything the player can, including forming dynamic factions, building structures, controlling territory, and going to War.
- A true living galaxy that is not player centric. It will develop differently each game through the interactions of the agents.
- Build your own faction from nothing.
- Randomly generated modular parts. Build the mothership that suits your play style, on the fly, in seconds. Every part has its own unique stats that contribute to the mothership. Every part has its own hull integrity and damage states. Every part is a real, working, ship component.
- Strategic ship building. The mass, location and shape of parts all matter. If a part blocks a turret, it will not fire. If a ship is too long, it will turn slowly. Too many engines will mean too little power for weapons. Every design choice counts.
- A fully physics based 3d environment where everything is destructible, takes damage from impacts, can be grabbed and even thrown at enemies with the tractor beam.
- Natural movement and controls. Movement is on a 2d plane and screen relative, much like an FPS. The combat feels like huge pirate ships battling on an ocean. Focus on tactical positioning and manage system power to unleash hell at the right moment.
- Epic ship to ship battles. Tear the enemy apart piece by piece over minutes, instead of seconds.
21. Castle Story
An epic adventure awaits you in Castle Story, a strategy game where you command friendly creatures called Bricktrons. Have them explore, carve, dig and gather resources from vast, spectacular floating islands, reshaping the voxel-based world to your desire!
Design and build any structure you can imagine! From mighty and legendary castles to sprawling Bricktron villages. Beware, your Bricktrons will have to take arms and defend themselves against mysterious creatures, the Corruptrons. Build catapults and hurl explosive barrels at the invaders, or lure them into strategically placed traps! The physics system will also challenge the sturdiness of your architecture! A tower whose foundation is destroyed will crumble to the ground realistically.
Castle Story is also a multiplayer experience! Challenge your friends to a round of Conquest or join forces with them to repel the enemies in the Co-Op Invasion gamemode. Of course, you can also group up in sandbox and build together!
The maps in Castle Story are meticulously hand-crafted by the developers and we’re giving you access to the same tool we use! Create your own worlds with our awesome World Editor, share them with the community and try out other player-made maps!
Solo development and the first game of the studio “Game Life” - “Joust” is an arcade simulator of knightly tournaments. Competition among players for the maximum passage of levels. PVP and PVE tournaments for the title of "Best Fighter."
• Choose your character type
• Character development
• Receiving Various Weapons
• Various bosses
• Restriction on revival
• Unlimited levels
Each level gives you a chance to get a new weapon or revival point.
Game development plans:
1. Alfa - PVE arena battles, boss fights.
2. Beta - Open world (partially), PVE and the start of testing the PVP game mode.
3. Release - Fully open world, PVE and PVP game modes.
23. The Long Journey Home
There are a million worlds in the galaxy. Only one of them is Home.
It was supposed to be a short test run - a quick flight to Alpha Centauri and back. But when mankind’s first experimental jump drive goes wrong, a misfit crew finds itself trapped on the wrong side of the universe - alone, injured, falling apart. The only way back… is through.
Explore an endlessly shifting universe. Form alliances with strange aliens, from the noble Wolphax Knights to cruel-minded Ilitza slaver empire. Harness your crew’s skills in everything from research to archeology to diplomacy. Learn the laws of an often hostile universe, and make tough decisions that may change it forever. Do whatever it takes to get back to Earth.
The Long Journey Home combines the endless freedom of space with a new open questing system that always leaves you in command. Deliver the stranded Glukkt to his homeworld as he asks, or to your new slaver friends? Attempt to make allies with everyone, or pin your hopes on the tougher races, and hope they never turn on you? Jump by jump, make hard decisions and live with the consequences, in a universe that is never the same twice.
One mission. Endless adventures.
Where will your Journey take you?Features
Explore a living, procedurally generated universe inspired by both classic and modern Science Fiction. Meet different aliens. Find different stories. Take different risks. Learn the secrets of the universe and with them, new possibilities.
Raid alien tombs full of traps and treasure. Compete in the galaxy’s greatest combat tournament. Find and research strange artifacts, and use your crew’s skills to find out whether that old skull is just a piece of bone, or the Holy Grail of an aggressive new species.
A crew worth leading
Choose four out of ten experts, all with personality as well as specialties. Far from just stats, you’ll come to know them as they share their feelings, their fears, their excitement and their concerns on the trip and your decisions. Learn how best to use their skills to help the others… and who might be willing to sacrifice themselves to get the others back Home.
24. VEGA Conflict
Stake your claim, command your fleets, and wage epic war in space. Band together with other players in a bloody rebellion to take back the galaxy from the evil VEGA Federation.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR WAR: Different targets call for different strategy, outfit your fleet for victory.
REAL-TIME PvP: Real war doesn’t wait its turn - attack enemies at will in real-time.
BATTLE ANYWHERE: Conflict never ends. Continue your progress on phone, tablet, or in browser.
25. Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity
The enchanting world of Touhou comes alive in this beautiful fan-made action RPG!
Infamous vampire Remilia Scarlet is bored with her posh, centuries-long life. So bored, in fact, that when the local newspaper runs a story about a gigantic monster, she decides she wants a piece of the action! Unfortunately, she returns home from her first foray to find her mansion heavily damaged, with no clues as to who the culprit might be. But this only serves to fan the flames of the vampiric maiden’s interest in what’s going on beyond the walls of her estate.
Now, it’s up to Remilia and her dutiful maid Sakuya Izayoi to discover the truth behind these rumors of monsters and menaces – an odyssey that will take them all over the world of Gensokyo as they match wits with a cast of colorful characters, overpower enemies with signature skills and spell cards, rough up a few fairies, and unravel a plot odder than they could have imagined.
11MB minimum save size
Licensed to and published by XSEED Games / Marvelous USA, Inc.
26. Overlord: Fellowship of Evil
Assisting gamers once again are the mighty, maniacal and occasionally moronic minions, ready to unleash their charmingly chaotic brand of destruction and led by Gnarl, their wise old master, voiced, as before, by actor Marc Silk.
Embark on a brand new Overlord adventure in single-player or with up to three friends in local and online single-screen co-op. Filled with fun combat and twisted fantasy tales, Overlord: Fellowship of Evil invites players to dive into an Action RPG where it’s good to be bad, but it’s GREAT to be evil.
Overlord is the only series that actively encourages players to have fun being the embodiment of evil, destroying all that is good in a subversive, comedic manner. Fellowship of Evil captures this essence and adds in four-way, chaotic co-op play where gamers can even turn on each other. Evil always finds a way...sometimes it just needs a bit of a nudge.Key Features
- Series signature dark, mischievous humour Award-winning scriptwriter Rhianna Pratchett returns with a twisted and hilarious tale of evil, chaos, Minions and the burning desire to destroy all things good!
- Develop your minions! They’re back! Our cruel critters return. Call upon your minions in battle and build them into dedicated devils to do your destructive bidding. “For the Master!”
- Invade. Smite. Loot! Work your way through the Netherworld and unleash hell on the world above! Trample the weak under your evil size 10s with fun and satisfying combat, combining unique abilities and melee attacks to dominate all who stand before you! Share loot or steal the spoils- how far are you willing to go in the Trials of Evil?
- Four times the players, four times the fun! Evil has a new face. Well, four faces, actually. But who wears the evilist? Er, eviler? You decide! Pick from any of four distinct Netherghul characters, each with unique abilities. Play as a team, or screw each other over – evil never plays by the rules!
27. Galaxy of Pen & Paper
*** NO IN-APP PURCHASES! ***
*** Pay once and play the complete game forever! ***
THE ULTIMATE ROLE-PLAYING SIMULATION GOES TO SPACE!
Galaxy of Pen & Paper is a turn-based meta RPG about a group of players rolling dice in the year 1999! Create your own game master and RPG party, as they roleplay, explore distant planets in their imagination, fight weird aliens and save the galaxy in the era of dial-up internet and floppy disks!
TURN-BASED COMBAT SYSTEM
Assemble the party of your choice, picking your players, races and classes! Unlock new content with the blood, sweat, and luck of your party’s ingenuity and dice rolls!
Will your party include a Slayer Simian Savage or a Thinker Green Medtech? Customize everything from your battle encounters to your Game Master’s table!
EXPLORE THE GALAXY OF QUESTS AND LOOT
Gather your adventurers and travel trough a galaxy of pen and paper, and discover the newest threat as they leave Earth. All the fun of a pen and paper RPG with none of the lost dice!
COMPLETELY NEW GAME
Prepare to be amazed with so much new things! Spaceship battles, stories with multiple decisions, sci-fi classes and races, side-way battles, planet navigation and exploration, and of course, traveling through space and time!
Asura is an indie, top-down, Hack 'n' Slash game set in a fantasy world inspired by the richness of Indian mythology. It features heavy rogue-like elements and a unique procedural skill tree which changes on every play-through.
Reincarnated as a demon, use your new-found powers and hatred to invade the 'Pancha Dvora'- the five fortresses of the Daeva empire. Embark on a journey to exact your vengeance against Hasirama - The God-King, Maharaja, and Slayer of Innocents.
Asura is inspired by rogue-like genre and is brutally difficult but FAIR…
Note: Asura is best experienced with a controller!
Procedural Skill tree:
Craft your Demon using a Skill tree which changes every time you die.
Absorb or Scavenge:
Asura can either Absorb enemies for experience points or Scavenge their corpse for loot.
Unique Combat system:
Engage the enemies with a variety of Melee, Range, and Magic weapons. Melee attacks will deal reduced damage to range enemies, Magic enemies will resist spells, and the Stamina system will always require you to strategies and adapt during battle.
Every item in Asura is unique by itself. Slash your enemies with Claw weapon or batter them with a Mighty Hammer. Shoot your enemies with your bow or ignite them with your Magic weapon. There are tons of loot to be discovered in Asura which synergies with your skills.
When you get burnt, a random equipment will get destroyed from your inventory. When the enemies or traps poison you, you can't heal. When your health is low, it does not regenerate automatically. When you die, you don't get to save your progress.
Perma-Death: Inspired by Rogue-like genre, on death you lose all progress.
Procedurally Generated Skill Tree
Mold your character using the unique, procedurally-generated "Shastra" tree (with over 80 skills!) for near-infinite replayability.
Randomly Generated Levels
Rampage through the "Pancha Dvora" - 5 randomly generated fortresses, each with its particular aesthetics, enemies, and challenges
Unlock New Demon Characters
Unlock 3 different Demon variants with unique alignments to each of the core Shastras. Maximize the return on your choices to surpass your previous personal best.
Unique Weapons & Armour
Find epic loot with each play through and adapt your play to make the most of what you’ve scavenged from the corpses of your enemies.
Enemies Inspired by Indian myths
Battle hordes of enemies, each with their unique characteristics and abilities, inspired from Indian Mythos!
Indian Inspired Lore
Immerse yourself in a fantasy setting based on Indian mythology and discover a whole new take on the battle between good and evil
When you die, you start all over again from the very beginning with a new skill tree.
(May contain spoilers)
- A procedurally generated skill tree which changes on every play through (82 skills)
- 4 Enemy Races - Daeva, Naga, Vanara, and Hathira.
- 12 Bosses.
- 9 Champions.
- 50 Unique enemies.
- 41 Armors.
- 82 Weapons.
- 5 Randomly generated fortress.
- 3 Unlockable Demon variants to enhance your customization options.
- Features a fantastical lore inspired by Indian Mythology.
Ogre Head Studio
Ogre Head Studio is two man indie game company by Zainuddeen Fahadh and Neeraj Kumar based in Hyderabad, India. We make games all about Hack, Slash & everything Epic!
For any issues or feedback with the game, join our discord HERE!
or contact us at support(at)ogrehead(dot)com
29. Soul Axiom
IN A NUTSHELLFrom the studio that brought you Master Reboot comes a first-person story-driven adventure puzzle game, set in the beautiful, haunting cyber-world of Elysia. Collect unique hand powers, discover multiple endings and choose your own destiny as you unravel the mystery of your digital afterlife.THE GAMEExplore Soul Axiom’s rich environments and immersive story to unravel the mystery of your life, and your digital afterlife. You will be taken on an intriguing voyage of discovery, through beautiful, haunting locations, facing challenges that will lead you into danger on your mission to unlock your identity, your story, your mystery. But beware: some mysteries are better left unsolved.SYNOPSISTake your first steps to paradise by uploading your soul to Elysia, named by critics as “the single most important development in the history of the human race” (Era Magazine, 2027). As the latest state of the art Digital Soul Provider, Elysia is a sprawling server where your memories and dreams become reality. Our patented SoulSync system allows you to choose the memories you want to enjoy for eternity; whether you are a living user or you simply wish to leave a lasting testament of your life that the whole family can relive at their leisure.
In Elysia, death has no dominion. In Elysia, life has no boundaries. Cast off your mortal shackles and discover the secret to immortality in your digital afterlife.
Discover Elysia. Then, now and forever.THE FIRST 5 MINUTES OF THE GAMEWhen you begin the game you are free falling through a storm. Lightning sporadically illuminates the sky, showing brief, vivid flashes of memories. Your memories. You struggle to take a breath as you plummet, out of control, into the eye of the storm, towards your certain death.
Squinting, eyelashes battling the rain, you catch a glimpse of a large object that you are hurtling towards. You brace yourself for impact, for death, confused and terrified and –
You are on the deck of a ship, rain pummelling the wooden boards around you. You look up to see four shadowy figures on the bridge, gazing into the distance, with an old man at the helm.FEATURES• Psychological Adventure with Exploration & Puzzle elements: Interact with a variety of cryptic logic and action puzzles, find clues and explore memories to unlock the secrets of your identity.
• 20 to 30 Hours of Gameplay: The game is packed full of content with 6 chapters, 40 unique locations, over 100 puzzles and 63 Steam Achievements, expect over 20 hours of captivating gameplay.
• Collectible Hand Powers: Harness the abilities of Elysia. Discover new powers that will assist exploration and puzzle solving by phasing, building, destroying or corrupting the digital world around you.
• Multiple Story Endings: A tense, but thought-provoking narrative with multiple outcomes, and leaves you yearning to explore all avenues of the lore.
• Unique visual style: There is a beautifully simplistic emphasis on striking shapes, strong colors, and beautiful effects and lighting to elicit a variety of emotions within The Elysia.
• Dynamic adaptive environments: Use your abilities to manipulate your surrounding environments. Collect your powers and re-visit memories to unlock previously hidden areas.
• Haunting Soundtrack with 50 original compositions: Provides the perfect musical backdrop which subtly enhances the game through well-crafted association with the memories you explore.
30. Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic
„Listen! The end is nigh!! Hear my words and prepare! An ancient cult has set foot in our lands! They call themselves -The Sons of Dawn- and pray to some dark elder god. They have started recruiting people for their cause all over the country. I fear that they want to try to awaken something which should be left sleeping. Something dangerous and sinister! Something that might destroy us all. Spend your last of days wisely...“
Enter the world of PIXEL HEROES and prepare yourself for a thrilling RPG/Roguelike experience like you have never seen before!
Explore a randomized world full of hilarious events, deadly dungeons and the weirdest NPCs you will ever meet in a game!
Choose three heroes for your party and take them on a journey that will be completely different each time you start a new game. Bath in a pool of procedurally generated loot and defeat the evil forces that threaten the township of Pixton!
- 30 unique hero classes to unlock, each with individual skills and attributes.
- More procedurally generated axes, spears, maces, swords, shields, bows, crossbows, spells and prayers than a lama has hair on its body.
- 13 mystic and beautifully cruel dungeons to explore. With epic bossfights waiting!
- 3 campaigns to unlock, each with its own final dungeon and boss.
- Permadeath! You know you want it.
- A detailed graveyard where you can mourn your dead heroes, compare their statistics and see which of their choices led to their tragic death.
- Completely crazy NPCs, each one of them with a significant storyline that you can follow to unlock cool stuff!
- Tons of random events that you will encounter on your way, expecting you to make important choices. Will you yell at the cat like a crazy idiot?
- Many achievements and unlockables, try to get them all and become the most badass Pixel Heroes player in the world!
Heart&Slash is a 3D brawler that is set in a world where machines are all that remains from the Human civilization.
You play as Heart, an innocent robot fighting to escape the grip of the evil and all seeing machine QuAsSy (Quality Assurance Systems).
But make no mistake Heart&Slash is a hard game. Every death is permanent and means a new randomly generated level for you to start over with a different set of weapons and items you can use, new enemies to fight and secrets to explore.
Heart&Slash is an indie game developed by a small but passionate team. We have a tiny budget but big hearts, and we are giving it all to make this game (our first) the best we can.
Features (on final release):
-3 worlds to explore and fight in. Each world includes its unique enemies an bosses.
-Dozens of different weapons and equipment pieces (more than 100 in total) to customize Heart and your play style.
-Perma-death, but a persistent progression system that gives you more options as you play the game.
We hope you enjoy Heart&Slash as much as we enjoy making it!
32. JASEM: Just Another Shooter with Electronic Music
Do you need any reason to shoot your enemies in game? Because JASEM doesn't give you one - just you, your weapons, crazy beats and enemies. And you need to shoot every one of them, and it's up to you to make it the most hilarious and explosive way.
So, JASEM: Just Another Shooter With Electronic music - is:
- Whirlwind gameplay;
- Gunfight non-stop;
- Fighting enemies, no dancing around their slow bullets;
- Juicy low-poly effects;
- Crazy physics - you can do improvized stealth or create shortcuts;
- Epic Bosses;
- No story, narrative and even texts at all (except of seizure warning, because, you know, if you know the way of warning about it with no text, pls let me know).
Taking into account the last item, here is the perfect place for game credits:
- Game design, programming, bugs creation and a lot of stuff you don't want to know about - Stas Shostak;
- Music: Ira Lobanok;
- 3D-models: Aleksandr Palmov;
- Testing, creative help, insulting of devs and other invaluable help - Max Efimov, Sergey Mozharovskiy and other awesome guys.
33. Pixel Privateers
Pixel Privateers is a Squad Based Tactical RPG “Loot ‘Em Up” that will send your team of mercenaries through a mysterious wormhole on a quest to gather technology for your employer. In a twist of fate, your journey becomes a one-way ticket – with an entire galaxy of worlds to explore, factions to encounter, and epic gear to collect. Will you make it back home, make your mark in this new universe, or become another victim of the many dangers of the cosmos? Ultimately, how your story plays out is up to you!
Focusing on a user-customizable experience and robust multiplayer within the framework of a deep and engaging space exploration RPG, Pixel Privateers seeks to provide a truly accessible experience that will appeal to gamers of all types and skill levels.GAMEPLAY DETAILS
Huge Universe to ExploreNavigate your ship through the universe and land on any planet you choose! Take care, however, for many perils await – from warring factions to bloodthirsty aliens and more!
True Tactical, Squad-Based CombatControl your squad individually in tactical mode - where you issue orders and have them carried out - or control your squad as one - directing them all at once!
Accessible Gameplay An array of difficulty settings will allow you to enjoy the game in a more casual manner – or challenge yourself in Hardcore Mode where death is quite permanent!
Storyline and Factions Learn the history of various factions and their place in the universe, and become part of the intrigue yourself. Where do your loyalties lie? What part will you play? See how the story unfolds!
Deep Skill and Tech Trees Advance your knowledge and conquer: Gain awesome new skills, abilities, and technologies as you research alien artifacts. Train and advance individual crew members by enhancing their stats and collecting better gear!
Interactive Ship Tired of all that adventuring? Spend some time building up and exploring your Ship! Maybe even hang out in your own on board bar - complete with a band to entertain you!
Epic Loot! Plenty of awesome gear to make you a powerhouse is out there for the taking! Break down items you don’t need into Matter that can be spent in a variety of ways to enhance your crew.
Post Launch ContentWe plan to bring free content expansions to Pixel Privateers post-launch. Encompassing not only our ideas, but also suggestions from the Community, we are looking forward to actively supporting Privateers for a long while to come.
34. StarDrive 2
- Turn-based 4x strategy, featuring real-time tactical space combat and turn-based ground combat.
- Build a space empire turn by turn in an immersive, living galaxy filled with 9 alien races, pirate factions, galactic lore and mystery.
- Hire unique heroes to govern your worlds or to command your mighty fleets in battle.
- Populate the universe and colonize planets, moons, asteroid belts, gas giants, and more!
- Research hundreds of technologies, including technologies that are unique to your race. Find even more technologies through in-game events and galactic exploration.
- Build your own ships in the custom ship design mode and take them into real-time battles featuring stunning visuals and sound effects.
- Enter a Battle Arena mode for quick-fix battles against cunning AI opponents. In this mode, you will earn rewards as you fight through the challenges, allowing you to unlock new weapons, ship hulls, and ship modules to upgrade your ships and to purchase new ships to add to your fleet.
- Created with the Unity engine for simultaneous release on PC, Mac and Linux.
35. Swords and Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon
Side-scrolling RTS is back! Swords & Soldiers 2 Shawaramageddon lets you command the Vikings, Demons, and Persian armies. You can take on the campaign or face off against other players in online multiplayer and challenge your friends in custom battles!
Gather gold and mana, send out armies, and support your forces with a wide arsenal of magical spells - all from a side-scrolling perspective. That doesn’t mean Swords & Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon is easy to master: only the most cunning of Chiefs can lead their side to victory! Think you're ready to face the hordes of evil? Prove it in online matchmaking!
- Fresh gameplay - Offering a unique and action-packed take on the strategy genre, this game packs a punch!
- Online Multiplayer - Command your armies, adapt to your opponents, and execute your perfected counter-strategies! Take on the world in online 1v1 multiplayer and climb the leaderboards!
- Extensive single-player campaign - Follow the adventures of Redbeard the Viking fighting as he travels from the Persian deserts to the depths of hell!
- All across the world - Face off while commanding the Viking legion, an army of carpet-riding Persians, or brutish Demons! Each faction features unique tech trees with units, spells, and resource-mechanics!
- Build it your way! - Use the Custom Army feature to conscript an army consisting of your favorite units and spells, and pit them against your friends in a custom game!
- Up for a challenge? - Think you got what it takes? Every campaign mission features a time challenge and bonus objective that will force you to try out new strategies and think on your feet.
- Enlist mighty champions - A wise man once said "When the going gets tough, buy hero units!" Not only do these super units pack a mighty punch on the battlefield, each one of them also offers their own special ability!
- Play while matchmaking - Nobody likes waiting, so we made sure you never have to! You can enter matchmaking while battling it out against the AI in Skirmish or going for a high score in the minigames, and will return to where you left off when your multiplayer match has ended.
Don't own Scoop yet? We'll unlock him for you! He's a great hero to get started with, so jump into the battlefields of tomorrow when you need a change of pace!
Helgø is the brother of Helga, the Viking hero unit. He has traveled the nine realms all by himself and gathered many powerful relics during his travels... but the stracciatella ice cream still eludes him!
Helgø Scoop will be available in Awesomenauts after Swords & Soldiers II Shawarmageddon has launched on Steam!
36. Nova Drift
- SURVIVE - EVOLVE - DOMINATE -
Nova Drift is a "Roguelite" space shooter which melds a classic arcade experience with modern action-RPG elements. Your ship rapidly evolves as you defeat enemies, allowing you to shape its abilities and weaponry to your desires in a matter of minutes. Unlike many action-RPGs which can absorb hundreds of hours of time, Nova Drift allows you to take a ship build from inception to execution in a single game session.Features
- Create a unique build every run. Games are quick, allowing for rapid experimentation, iteration, and advancement.
- Cunning and creativity are rewarded as you chain upgrade modules for powerful synergies.
- Access over 100 weapons and mods as you progress and expand your arsenal.
- Build to play how you want. Snipe, command a drone army, discharge your shields, charge up, burn enemies with your thrusters, or smash right through them... there's a way to make it work.
- Unlock modular challenge modes, providing greater risk and rewards. The stakes are high, as death is permanent!
- Every game is randomly generated, keeping the fight intense and unpredictable. Fight through the campaign or play endlessly...
Nova Drift is a living game. Frequent updates will continue to expand the depth and content of the game world.
Ship EvolutionsMods & Gear can be unlocked, upgraded and combined to make unexpected and powerful combinations:Example Build #1: Seeking Cluster GrenadeGrenade + Body: Assault + High Explosive + Splinter Shot + Heat Seeking + Charged Shot
This build focuses on creating as many grenade splinters as possible using the Grenade weapon and sends them tearing toward targets using the Heat Seeking mod. The overlapping blasts from the initial explosion add up to a huge amount of damage at the epicenter, while the seeking clusters handle crowd control.
Example Build #2: Celestial Shield-BomberHullbreaker + Amp Shield + Volatile Shields + Flash Shielding + Emergency Systems + Celestial Lance
This build takes advantage of the Hullbreaker's speed and resilience to crash damage to slam directly into enemies. The fragile Amp Shield is used not for defense, but to augment Hullbreaker's strongest aspects, gaining increased speed and force. The shield will break on impact, but we can capitalize on that using the Volatile Shields mod, which detonates the shield when it goes down, blasting all nearby enemies. Flash Shielding gets it running again quickly while Emergency Systems grant a moment of damage immunity, making charge attacks safer. Finally, Celestial Lance is used to deal burning damage to everything around the ship at high velocities!
Nova Drift is developed by Jeffrey Nielson of Chimeric, a 1-man development team, featuring music and audio by Miles Tilmann of Pixeljam.
37. Distant Worlds: Universe
The Universe is Yours!
Distant Worlds: Universe is the newest chapter of this critically acclaimed sci-fi series, adding incredible new features and an exciting new storyline. Universe is also the ultimate collector’s edition, the first time all previous Distant Worlds releases have been included in one package, along with an updated manual and greatly expanded modding support.
Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of turn-based strategy, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.
Vast galaxies are made to order: up to 1400 star systems, with up to 50,000 planets, moons and asteroids. Galaxies are so deep, fun and immersive that you won’t want to finish the game. Build, expand and improve your empire while playing through one of the storylines, with victory conditions or in an open-ended sandbox mode.
Each galaxy is packed with life and activity. Encounter other empires, independent alien colonies, traders, pirates and space monsters. Explore star systems, asteroid fields, gas clouds, supernovae, galactic storms and black holes. Discover evidence of civilizations long since past, uncovering secrets about the galaxy's troubled history...
Best of all, you can play the game your way: enjoy a quick, intense game in a crowded sector of space or take your time in an epic game spread across a vast galaxy! Distant Worlds: Universe contains all of the following:
- Truly Epic-Scale Galaxies: play in galaxies with up to 1400 star systems and 50,000 planets, moons and asteroids. Vast nebula clouds spiral out from the galactic core, shaping the distribution of star clusters in the galaxy
- Private Enterprise: the private citizens of your empire automatically take care of mundane tasks like mining resources, transporting cargo, migration between colonies, tourism and much more. This frees you from micro-management and instead allows you to focus on a macro-scale
- Diplomacy: interact with other empires, discussing treaties, making trade offers or just giving them a piece of your mind. Talk to pirate factions, tapping into their underground information, or paying them to do your dirty work for you...
- Choose your Playstyle: Start with a single planet and sub-light ships, or as an established space-faring civilization with warp drives. Play as a Standard empire or as a Pirate faction, with many adjustable victory conditions and gameplay choices depending on your actions.
- Intelligent Automation: automate the various tasks in your empire, so that you can focus on the areas that you enjoy most. Or have your advisors make suggestions in different areas like colonization, defence or diplomacy – helping you learn the best tactics and strategies
- Explore: explore the vast galaxy, discovering valuable resources, potential colonies for your empire and making contact with other empires. Uncover secrets that lift the veil on the galaxy’s mysterious past...
- Colonize: send out colony ships to found new worlds for your empire. Develop your new colonies by keeping them well-supplied with a steady stream of valuable resources
- Defend: patrol the outlying areas of your empire to protect from raiding pirates or dangerous space monsters. Construct defensive bases at your colonies. Build up your fleets to defend against enemy empires. Recruit troops to invade enemy colonies and conquer the galaxy!
- Espionage: covertly seek out information about other empires, or even disrupt their progress with acts of sabotage
- Research: develop new technologies for use in building your own unique ships and star bases
- Characters: including Leaders, Admirals, Generals, Ambassadors, Governors, Agents and Scientists, all with defined skills and traits and the opportunity to advance and improve
- Design and Build: A very flexible system allows you to design and build the ships and star bases in your empire. Construct mighty military ships ranging from escorts to carriers and dreadnoughts at your space ports, or build mining stations, research installations or secret monitoring facilities at remote locations throughout the galaxy
- Built-in Game Editor: fine-tune your own galaxy, adding or removing star systems, planets, asteroid fields, ships, star bases, space monsters or anything else. Modify the attributes of any empire in your game
- Extensive Help: exhaustive, built-in, context-sensitive help is always only a single key-press away. Press F1 at any time for a detailed explanation of the current game screen, your currently selected item, etc
- Tutorials: in-game tutorials familiarize you with all of the game elements and tools
- The entire Distant Worlds series in one package! Universe includes the Original Distant Worlds, Return of the Shakturi, Legends, Shadows and the new Universe expansion!
- Comprehensive Modding and Customization Support: Allows adding/removing/changing most items: resources (including new colony-manufactured resources), ship components, planetary facilities and wonders, fighter designs, alien races and race families, diplomatic dialog, empire policy, custom characters, ship and base design templates, governments, plagues, research tech trees and more
- Can customize most of the images used in the game: ships and bases, fighters, alien races, planetary facilities and wonders, characters, troops, components, resources, ancient ruins, planets, stars, asteroids, animated in-game effects and more
- Use a previously saved and editor-customized game as a map for a new game (instead of generating a new galaxy)
- Powerful new event system accessible from a considerably-upgraded Game Editor. Set up your own storyline in a custom map with triggered events and custom victory conditions
- Add story triggers on specific in-game objects or events, executing one or more actions on other in-game objects (either immediately or delayed)
- Can replace most of the user interface icons and sound effects
- Add your own custom help files to the in-game Galactopedia
- Switch between different customization sets with a couple of mouse clicks from the main game menu
- Comprehensive 99-page Modding Guide that outlines how to make Mods and explains all of the settings in detail
- Can customize most of the images used in the game: ships and bases, fighters, alien races, planetary facilities and wonders, characters, troops, components, resources, ancient ruins, planets, stars, asteroids, animated in-game effects and more
- A new official storyline built using the new modding capabilities, covering the first war between the Freedom Alliance and the Shaktur Axis, in which you have access to the tech required to build your own planet destroyers, establish the Ancient Guardians and research and deploy the Xaraktor virus.
38. Cross of the Dutchman
Cross of the Dutchman is an action adventure game based on the true story of the folk legend 'Pier Gerlofs Donia'.
The story takes place in medieval Western Europe, in the province of Frisia, near the turn of the 16th century. Though Pier and his family lived in peace, the world around them was changing for the worse. Saxon legions were invading nearby villages, making the lives of the native people next to impossible. On one fateful day, Pier got involved with the Saxon oppressors, escalating the situation for the worse. The events portrayed in this great adventure caused Pier to gather a band of farmers and form a front against the oppressors. The acts that followed made Pier into the legend he is known for, the Cross of the Dutchman.
39. Sigma Theory
STORYFrom the creators of the award-winning sci-fi game Out There...
In the near future, a paradigm-shifting scientific discovery looms over the world, promising radical new technologies. The world’s superpowers realize they could have the power to destroy the global financial system, wipe out entire countries or even gain access to immortality.
However, this discovery — called “The Sigma Theory” — can only be harnessed by a handful of scientists. You are placed at the head of your country’s Sigma division. Your objective is to ensure that it is your nation that reaps the benefits of Sigma Theory before anyone else.
To achieve this you will have powerful resources at your disposal: a cadre of the world’s most elite covert agents, advanced tactical drones and, of course, your own skills in diplomacy and subterfuge.
It’s a cold war out there, one in which mankind must face up to its future.
FEATURESA bold new take on the espionage game genre, set during a future global cold war
Recruit your team from 50 unique spies and field agents
Turn-based strategical and tactical-level gameplay
Order your spies to conduct operations all over the world
Experience tense and thrilling exfiltration missions where you guide your agents on a covert operation to extract high-value targets from foreign cities
Infiltrate the enemy’s Sigma programs, abducting, coercing, and seducing scientists to your side
Deploy your drone fleet to turn operations in your favor
Deceive or cooperate with your rivals during diplomatic summits
Use your diplomatic skill to balance the demands of multiple relationships: with your agents, with your superiors, with powerful private lobbies, and with your counterparts around the world
Discover 30 world-changing technologies
Hoard Sigma Theory discoveries for yourself to gain an edge in the cold war — or share them for the benefit of all mankind — or sell them to powerful private lobbies bent on preserving the old world order
Experience a dynamic emergent narrative where every decision matters and the complex web of character relationships means that no two games of Sigma Theory will ever be the same
Multiple distinct endings that respond to the player’s ethical and practical decisions throughout the game
40. Hollow Knight: Silksong
Hollow Knight: Silksong is the epic sequel to Hollow Knight, the epic action-adventure of bugs and heroes. As the lethal hunter Hornet, journey to all-new lands, discover new powers, battle vast hordes of bugs and beasts and uncover ancient secrets tied to your nature and your past.
41. Beyond Space Remastered Edition
A BREATHTAKING SPACE ADVENTURE
Beyond Space is a cutting-edge 3D space shooter game that immerses players in the darkest plots in a similar vein to the best Space Operas.
Scores of planetary systems, nebulas and asteroid fields to explore. Fully detailed 3D Graphics, mesmerizing, beautifully painted spacescapes, spectacular special effects, and rendered glows, lights, sun flares and reflections.
All of which intensified with an ambient yet dynamic soundtrack and great sound effects.
You are Max Walker, a spacefaring adventurer and pilot-for-hire, who gets drawn into a galaxy-spanning conflict.
AN EPIC SPACE ODYSSEY WORTHY OF THE GREATEST HOLLYWOOD BLOCKBUSTERS
Our journey begins when Max Walker starts a contract with the Alliance of Planets and immediately gets drawn into a galaxy-spanning conflict.
His mission will take him beyond the reaches of space, while fighting many different opponents and meeting pirate overlords, scheming politicians, deceitful allies and ambitious leaders – all entangled in a space epic that will change the face of the galaxy.
Dive into this original story with its rich and captivating storyline localized in English with English actor-voiced dialogues and cutscenes.
TAKE CONTROL OF POWERFUL SPACEFIGHTERS
Aboard your ship, show off your pilot skills with barrel rolls and boost jumps, while keeping a close eye on your "Incoming" warning system and shaking off tailing enemies and guided missiles...
Unlock a great variety of ships in the Hangar and select your weapons, shields and afterburners among the dozens of items to create thousands of possible combinations… to face any situation.
Enemies in Beyond Space are smart and characterized by their AI. Different units perform their own battlefield tactics. Fleet Squadrons will gather to strike, whereas pirates will act in a more disorganized manner… making them more unpredictable.
Advanced AI with an adjustable difficulty level to keep all players on their toes.
This game takes place in the same universe as our upcoming tittle Secluded; you take control of a lone astronaut that lands on the surface of a planet, miles away from the other members. And it’s your job to meet up with the other astronauts.
This game is based on constantly moving, as your suit leaks oxygen at random times. You must also avoid hazards that accrue on the planets, such as falling debris and asteroid strikes. This game is Free to play and experimental in some ways. We want the player survive in their own way and not have the game hold their hand through the experience, the games objectives are randomized so the locations change each time you play, and once you die that's it.
. Gravity Effects
. Randomized Endings
. Asteroid Strikes & Hazards
. First Person Experience and Future VR Plugins
43. Kill to Collect
“GIT GUD AND DIE TRYING”
Kill to Collect is a cyberpunk rogue-like for up to four player co-op that is designed for short bursts of intense gameplay sessions, rewarding players for their skilled survival. Featuring procedurally generated levels, Kill to Collect brings a constant challenge. No two experiences are the same and every interaction could be the difference between life and death.
Set in Geoshelter Alpha, a dangerous and dystopian world that is the last known city on Earth, hired bounty “Hunters” patrol the lawless slums below to defeat enemies and reinstill order. Whether hired for money or glory, the “Hunters” all follow the same code: Kill to Collect.Key features
Diverse Gameplay and Characters
You will play as one of four “Hunters,” each with their own abilities and fighting styles. With a diverse cast of characters, each single player run offers a different gameplay experience. Mix and match Hunters in co-op to create complementary team builds and unique synergies.
The playable characters include:
- Kate Katana - The leader of the group and an all-around badass, sword-wielding, warrior woman.
- Ivan Ironfist - The pretty boy raver who packs a punch with his bionic arms and has no need for physical weapons.
- Riot Ray - The tanky former Corp officer who believes the best offense is a good defense.
- Shocking Shelly - The rocket-fueled mechanic who fights with her homemade biomata suit, turrets and electrocution.
Strategic Co-Op Multiplayer
Encouraging collaboration and precision, Kill to Collect offers a unique co-op multiplayer experience so you can team up with friends to face the perils ahead.
80’s Cyberpunk Makes Its Comeback
Inspired by 80’s cyberpunk anime and manga classics, Kill to Collect delivers an action-packed, atmospheric experience with a synthwave soundtrack to power your runs.
3 Game Modes
- Clean up the streets in the Story Campaign.
- Clear eight floors as fast as possible to get to the top of the leaderboards in Challenge Mode. Choose between playing the Repeatable Challenges or the One-Try Challenge (both refreshed daily).
- Hunt any bounty in any order, without the story beats in Free Hunt Mode.
44. Yargis - Space Melee
Yargis is a fast paced, top down spaceship shooter. Customize your ship to join a battle online or offline. Yargis is focused on team based, close combat action. The game has a variety of battle and co-op game modes and a powerful editor make Yargis a great game!
CONTROLS: Hold down W for Thrust, use the Mouse to steer, and Space for brake. Customize controls in settings > controls for asteroids style non-fixed. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646975914
Compete head on with other players online, over a LAN, or play against the computer offline. Game modes include:
- King of the Hill
- Capture the Flag
- Prison Break
- Base Conquer (Co-Op)
- Maze Race and CTF (Capture the Flag) Maze
- Melee Battle
Play Yargis’s single player story over 29 levels. Each level offers new challenges for you and your ship.
Yargis is a pilot for the Earth's military in the year 3013. Despite having explored far beyond Pluto and Alpha Centauri, no contact with alien life has been made. Until now; an unknown species only known as the Mukka are attacking Earth and its inhabitants. It’s up to Yargis to defend Earth and help uncover their fiendish plot, while trying not to get blown to smithereens.
- Blow up enemies.
- Navigate through asteroid fields
- Fly through nebulae, stars and space stations
Compete with your friends on the same computer for lag free space action. Use your keyboard, mouse, or Xbox 360 game controllers.
You can earn money and experience points in game by playing both single player and multiplayer. Level up your character to buy cool new ships and use the money you earn to get new weapons and items. Granular upgrades can be used to improve the parts on your ship.
Yargis’ game physics are based in real world physics: your ship has momentum and is affected by gravity. Explosions push your ship and even firing a weapon may affect your ship as well.
Easily create levels with drag and drop items and Lua scripts for more powerful features. Your friends can instantly download the levels you create by joining your local or dedicated online server.
Download your very own copy of Yargis now and join the battle or create your own dedicated server.
Our team created all of our content including music, graphics, game engine, and story in St. Louis, Missouri. We built our game engine from the ground up for the best and most unique experience.
We run 24/7 game servers and we host regular tournaments! Buy a multi-pack of Yargis to play with your friends!
Join us in space with Yargis!
Planetoid is a physics based building game in which you construct facilities and protect humanoids on the planetoid. Build a facilities which can defeat the enemies on your way.
Protect the egg! Save the survivors!
Forward! Good game!
46. Star Ruler 2
Star Ruler 2 is a massive scale 4X/RTS set in space. Explore dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of systems in a galaxy of your choosing, expand across its planets, exploit the resources you find, and ultimately exterminate any who stand in your way. The fate of your empire depends on your ability to master the economy, field a military, influence galactic politics, and learn what you can about the universe.Galactic EconomyColonize planets, each with one of dozens of resources, working in unison to create bustling centers of production. The resources you choose matter, and will guide your empire and its conflicts throughout the entire game.Custom ShipsDesign ships that fit your needs, strategies, and tactics using our new 'blueprint painting' approach to ship design. Quickly and intuitively lay out the armor, weapons, engines, and internals of your vessels.Politics with PowerDiplomacy and influence gathering are reinvented as a core mechanic of the game, giving meaningful alternative options to players and serving as a platform of interaction both between players and AIs as well as humans in multiplayer. Harness your influence to annex territory, spy on enemies, aid allies, and more! You truly have the opportunity to affect the political landscape.Massive ScaleRunning on our internally developed Starflare Engine, Star Ruler 2 is able to make full use of multi-core cpus, and runs on both 32 bit and 64 bit machines. The size of a galaxy is only limited by your hardware and ambitions!Intricate ResearchExpand your knowledge through a grid of numerous technologies, big and small. Improve nearly every aspect of your empire.Complete ModdabilityYou can modify the gameplay, graphics, interface, and virtually every other facet of the game through scripts and data files, giving unprecedented freedom to the modding community to implement any feature they want. Use the in-game mod editor to add or change most content, and upload your mod to the Steam Workshop!Full MultiplayerStar Ruler 2 features complete multiplayer support with up to 28 players and AIs in the same game.
Games above 8 players or in galaxies of several hundred systems may exceed the capacity of a typical home connection. Consider playing very large games on LAN.Cross-Platform SupportStar Ruler 2 supports both Windows and Linux, with all game features supported fully on and between both operating systems.
47. Tales from the Void
Tales from the Void is an atmospheric real time tactics game inspired by early 20th century sci fi adventure stories. Prepare yourself for a novel gameplay experience, with squad-based tactical combat, resource management and an epic story.
Travel back to a time of adventure, heroism and mystery as Edwin Albert Taylor Bragg, the British captain of the HMS E18 - on a secret mission to obliterate the Germans and win the war for the allies. When a secret weapon misfires, you and your crew are warped into space. Struggling for survival, you venture out into the asteroid field to scavenge resources and fight off hostile aliens. Food is scarce, air supply is low and time is running out. Can you escape the void and find a way home?
-Customize and control your marines to explore asteroids and fight the alien enemy.
-Third person-RTS hybrid with low-G physics movement and combat
-Play real-time or pause to plan your movements and make coordinated attacks.
-Complete missions and gather supplies before your run out of air.
-Play a extensive single-player campaign with an ongoing narrative.
-Rogue-inspired structure with semi-random mission selection and permadeath. -try, fail, unlock equipment, retry and improve, until you find a way home.
-Steam Achievements and trading cards.
In June 1916, in the midst of WWI, the English submarine HMS E18 mysteriously disappeared in the Baltic Sea to be found again as wreckage in 2009. What really happened to the crew of HMS E18? Embark on an exciting journey, inspired by a true story.
"R.C. Halahan, commander of HMS E18 had his future told by a local woman prior to this last patrol. She told him he was in grave danger, this affected the superstitious Halahan" -Francis Goodhart, commander of HMS E8 (Wikipedia)
48. The Battle of Sol
By the year 2500 Earth had become toxic and unsafe for human life. Pollution and overpopulation had ravaged the planet, forcing humanity to the stars. Colonies and settlements soon sprung up across the solar system, but man had not left its thirst for war behind. Then, they learned the Sun was dying, and everything changed. Only when faced with a threat greater than each other did the nations of man finally come together. The United Colonies of SOL (UCS) was born, its first and only mission: to locate a new home for mankind, safely beyond the doomed borders of our solar system.
Suit up and take on the role of the Lieutenant Williams and enigmatic Brother Aelius as you battle a mysterious enemy within humanity's solar system and beyond!GAME FEATURES
- Beautiful visuals powered by Unreal Engine 3.
- Dogfight intelligent AI enemy fighters capable of performing advanced maneuvers to keep you on your toes!
- Pilot multiple ships -each with their own distinct handling and armament.
- 21 campaign missions spread throughout our solar system and beyond!
- Earn medals based on mission performance!
- Full Tobii EyeX Integration! Infinitescreen support, target enemies, and more using your eyes!
- Fully voice acted by top name VO talent including Dave Fennoy (Lee from Season 1 of the Walking Dead), Rachel Butera (actress best known for her on-point impressions and appearances on The Howard Stern Show), Artie Widgery, Alex Brandon (Skyrim, Deus Ex), Troupe Gammage, Laura Post (The Evil Within, Hearthstone) and much more!
- Now with Steam Workshop support! Create and share custom missions using the same tools we use!
49. Furious Angels
- Fight against waves of increasing difficulty, randomized on each day.
- Airborne upgrades, transform into a flying tank!
- Compete on the daily leaderboards to become the most furious.
- Rank up on each new day and unlock specific achievements.
- Simple controls, you can play with one hand. Hard to master.
- Modular destruction of the bigger ships gives you the tactical edge.
- Ram the enemy!
You can also use a more familiar twin-stick control scheme with your Gamepad OR Mouse + WASD.Leaderboards?Absolutely, but there's a catch: everything will reset the next day with a rank upgrade and new waves, a fresh start.What about the upgrades?As you shred the enemy to pieces your ship will transform and upgrade automatically. There are four upgrade stages, each with its own unique weapon. Upgrades can level up and be obtained multiple times but each time they will be harder to get. How furious will you become?
Play as a special ops combat unit sent to investigate why the stars around Solar System are going dark in MegaSphere — a story-based post-cyberpunk action platformer adventure game of supermassive scale set in early 22nd century: smart guns, robots, self-reconstructing environments, and vast AIs.
New world each time you play
Those AI's are called 'intelligence' for a reason
A homing flamethrower, a wall-destroying graviton, a bouncing RPG?
THE SCI-FI LOOK YOU'VE LOVED
Pixel art + pixel-perfect modern lighting engine
PERMADEATH WITH CHECKPOINTS
One life per user, unless you're a cat
Believable, alive world. So good it hurts
GAMEPAD OR MOUSE+KEYBOARD
Designed to work with your favorite control scheme