The best games like Space of Darkness are:
- arrow_rightAmnesia: The Dark Descent
- arrow_rightGone Home
- arrow_rightSystem Shock 2
- arrow_rightSins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
- arrow_rightDr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist
- arrow_rightGuns of Icarus Alliance
100 Best Games Like Space of Darkness:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (13)
- PlayStation 4 (15)
- iOS (12)
- Android (3)
- macOS (48)
- Linux (37)
- Nintendo Switch (9)
- Nintendo DS (1)
- Xbox 360 (5)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (8)
- PlayStation 2 (4)
- PlayStation (3)
- PS Vita (5)
- PSP (4)
- Wii U (3)
- Wii (3)
- NES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (2)
- Genesis (1)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
- 3DO (1)
1. Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Carefully constructed horror game relies on positioning, camera work, and shocking content. But Amnesia: The Dark Descent adds psychological elements to it. Players control the young man named Daniel, who wakes up in a seemingly empty castle, alone and with a massive memory loss. Through environmental storytelling, notes, audio logs and even visions, players are invited to uncover the deep-rooted secrets of the castle.
Throughout the game players will be introduced to the mechanics of Sanity, representing the mental state of Daniel which can be affected by lack of light, visions and even unpleasant encounters with the monsters. When decreased, Sanity will distort the vision of the player to a different and seemingly random effect, in order to depict actual effects of severe anxiety. Most of the game challenges are completed through the item search and physics puzzles, forcing players to be resourceful and courageous.
The game supports modding, and allows user-created content alongside the free DLC Justine, telling a story of a female prisoner. Given how short the DLC story is - several possible endings are available.
2. Gone Home
Portland. It's June 7, 1995. After a year of living abroad, the game's main character, 21-year-old girl Katie Greenbriar, finally returns home, waiting for a warm welcome from her family. But somehow, she finds that there is no one in the house! Where is everyone? What happened here? This will be seen in Gone Home - a unique adventure game.
This game is an interactive investigation. You will need to analyse the details of the most ordinary-looking house, learn the history of the people living here. The primary task is to reveal the mystery of what happened, using everything that is possible, as the house has a lot of interactive elements, which allows you to interact with the environment entirely.
Surprisingly, simple movements create an atmosphere of almost inhabited home, as well as expertly crafted light and sound. Each piece of paper breathes history, and it is stunningly believable in both form and content.
3. System Shock 2
The game is set in the distant future of 2114, 42 years after the events of the original System Shock. We are onboard the spaceship Von Braun that returns from humanity's first interstellar expedition to Tau Ceti system. The plot follows the main character who awakens from the cryosleep, with no idea what's going on. The rest of the crew was affected by some disaster that either killed them or turned into brainwashed slaves of an alien entity called The Many. The only other survivor is presumed to be mysterious Dr. Janice Polito, who instructs the player via radio. To survive and find out what happened, the protagonist sets out to explore the dimly lit corridors of Von Braun, encountering his former friends mutated into abominations. The player can use guns, but ammunition is scarce, which forces the player to use it prudently and move ahead with caution.
The game was created by Ken Levine, the Irrational Games founder and famous designer behind such titles as BioShock and Thief: The Dark Project. System Shock series was a major inspiration for Bioshock series, which is considered its spiritual successor, as well as, to some extent, Portal series.
4. Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is a first standalone and the third overall DLC to the original Sins of a Solar Empire title. It is also a strategy set in space with the science-fiction lore.
The point of the game is to conquer as many planets as possible using the given resources. The protagonist can be chosen out of three races: industrials, aliens and psychics each with unique special abilities.
The gameplay process occurs exclusively in online mode, but single battles and succeeds against enemy AI is possible too. However, the campaign as a whole cannot be played offline.
As in usual RTS, the gameplay is centered around resource management — the title's economy consists of prices on Metal, Credits, and Crystal — each with the individual gain conditions. So it would be impossible for instance to sell all of your metal to the friendly guild — after the wholesale, stock prices decrease and economy shifts towards them like real-life one.
While exploring the world, the player may stumble across habitable planets and anomalies which prevent the player from getting to the goal. Anomalies include asteroids, hostile environment, and ice fields.
The expansion adds two new units into the gams: Loyalist and Rebel — delegates of any races can choose between them. A graphical engine was updated as well.
5. Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist
Dr. Langeskov is a single-player first-person exploration game. It’s a short story, and a linear experience, that attempts to show, what it might be like, to not be a center of a story driven game. Players are led to believe, that they are to embark on a great heist in a mansion with tigers and emeralds involved, but there’s a catch. They WILL play the actual game, but at the moment there’s another player going through the heist, and narrator, voiced by the comedian Simon Amstell, asks the actual player has to wait for their turn. Or help the narrator with some minor tasks, because the entire staff seems to be on strike.
Massively story driven, Dr. Langescov allows really minor interactions, but it’s to be expected from the small complimentary game by the designer of Stanley Parable. Players will be shown the backstage and preparations, that are made in order for people to experience the heist and all inner workings of seemingly interactive experience.
Categories in common with Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist: Indie
6. Guns of Icarus Alliance
Guns of Icarus Alliance is an extended player versus environment edition of Guns of Icarus Online, a player versus player multiplayer FPS. It contains Set in a steampunk world, the game is focused on airship combat where you take the role of a member of a four-player team. Every player is responsible for their part of the ship and needs to perform different functions. The game features all content from the original game, including PvP mode.
There are three classes in the game: Pilot, Gunner or Engineer. Only the good interaction and balance between these roles will let your team be successful during battles. You can build and customize your own ship and complete different missions against AI opponents. Raising your rating within the faction, you will gain all perks a leadership can give. Additionally, the game features the fight over certain territories you can conquer. As a result, every match affects the entire war map, taking into account your and your opponents’ wins and fails.
EvolvationEvolvation is a class based and fast paced multiplayer arena space flying shooter with multiple game modes which can be played solo as well as team-based gameplay.DevelopersThis indie game is created by a two man team stationed in the Netherlands, Amsterdam!Reclaim the galaxy and evolve or die fightingEvolvation is a project that HyperReuts started over a year ago with the ambition to create a fast paced multiplayer spaceshooter with a lot of action. By making use of Unreal Engine 4 we want to provide our users with an AAA quality game that can still be played on low-end devices.Amazingly fun to play, instant multiplayer action!Most spacegames do not support multiplayer. We do support multiplayer! Multiplayer is awesome! If multiplayer is supported in a game, we miss actual player to player interaction. It feels like a major world where you play a single player game with the occasional greeting of an other player.Do you dare to enter the arena?Evolvation in an arena based multiplayer game like Unreal Tournament, Call of Duty (multiplayer), Quake, etc.. This means that a continuous player to player interaction is inevitable. Other players are the central game elements! In some games it is just traveling from one location to another location (We have read that some journeys wherein nothing happens take more than 20 minutes!). Since it is an arena based multiplayer game, the players are restricted with level bounds. All maps are designed for optimal interaction, it is nearly impossible to not have an interaction within 30 seconds!A new breed of class based multiplayer actionEvolvation is a class based multiplayer game! With classes such as: Highspeed, Fighter, Stealth, Support and Tank. Each class has its own special abilities which provides a dynamic and balanced gameplay."Finally a game that I can play, no pay to win!"Some games give players advantages if they invest more real-life money. We think it ruins the gameplay for a lot of people. It is simply not fair! So no, we are not going to do this. We think it is not fair for other players when some players invest more money than others. We may gain more revenue with these options. But our main goal is to develop a fun multiplayer game. We refuse to ruin the gameplay for our own winnings. Our motto: We win if you think the game is fun to play!"Great dynamics! Perfect for casual and intense gaming."It is common in other games that you can not play with your friends that invest a lot more time than you because they have significantly better stats. In Evolvation, you can! We understand that you might have a job and cannot play for 40 hours per week. Of course, with our extensive upgrading system you can get advantages over other players. But we aim to let these gaps in advantages to be “just right” so that people who can not or do not want to play for 40 hours a week, it will still be fun to play the game.Key Features
- Fast paced multiplayer game
- AAA visuals
- Class based multiplayer game with classes such as: Highspeed, Fighter, Stealth, Support and Tank. Each class has its own special abilities which provides a dynamic and balanced gameplay.
- Multiple camera modes including 1st and 3rd person modes
- Several input types such as console controllers
- In-depth upgrade and leveling system
- Movement system with six degrees of freedom
- Customizable spaceships
Pinstripe is an emotionally charged adventure through Hell created entirely by a one-man team over the course of five years. Play as Teddy, an estranged ex-minister forced to venture through the frozen afterlife in search of his three-year-old daughter Bo, and her perverse kidnapper. Discover the dark secrets of Teddy's past, and confront his sleazy, demonic nemesis, Mr. Pinstripe.
Thomas Brush, creator of award winning indie games Coma and Skinny, reveals a gorgeous art style, breathtaking score, and chilling story with influences from The Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, and Alice in Wonderland.
Explore six hauntingly beautiful levels of Hell.
Listen to an immersive and unique soundtrack written by the game's creator.
Use your slingshot to fight your way through bizarre beasts and interesting puzzles.
Hang out with your family pet George and sniff out clues.
Discover the mystery behind Teddy and Bo's death.
Features a hilarious cast of professional voice actors and celebrity cameo performances!
9. Beholder 2
Every citizen of our great State dreams of working at the Prime Ministry!
You are lucky, intern – your dream has come true!
While you are at the bottom of the career ladder, that is more than many of your fellow citizens will ever achieve!
Have you already decided what you're going to become?
Will you become a diligent and responsible officer decorated by the Wise Leader himself? Or will you become a hardline careerist capable of destroying anyone who stands between you and the Prime Minister's seat? Or maybe you are just a whistle-blower? If so, who sent you? And why?
Whatever the case, you are now part of the Ministry!
From this moment on, no one beyond these walls has ascendance over you! You are free to shape your own future!
So, what are you going to become?
10. Knytt Underground
Knytt Underground is a 2D platformer with a heavy focus on non-linearity, exploring the world, and replayability. It is the part of the Knytt series and the restart of the IP.
The player explores a vast map by running and climbing surfaces. There are second to none enemies and hostile NPCs. Rooms bound the world in the title. There are a total of 1800 rooms in total. The protagonist can take quests from NPCs and explore the game's world according to his likings.
The depicted actions take place on the planet abandoned by humans 500 years ago. The player follows the adventures of Mi Sprocket in the world inhabited by sprites, fairies, and other fantasy creatures. She does not talk, so everyone confuses her request for making a wish to the local shrine for saving the world. She sets off on the adventure with two fairies of her kind: Cilia and Dora. Fairies have different personalities so it matters which one is sent to talk with NPCs as it may affect the outcome of the negotiations.
The foremost fairies' quest is to find Six Bells of Fate — only after ringing the all would there be a world's order and the destruction of the universe would be canceled.
Knytt utilizes breaking the fourth wall with exploiting favorite game clichés — disguising in-game characters as the real people and making fun of the main quest which seems to have no meaning.
EARTHFALL: The end of the world is here! Emerging from the devastation of a global meteor strike, aliens swarm the landscape and ravage the planet. Everyday people must stand together and fight back with a wide variety of weapons, supplies, and defenses as they battle through the towns and wilderness of the Pacific Northwest.
Coming to Steam Early Access in early 2017 and later to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Earthfall is a co-operative shooter for up to four players. Using team-based tactics to fortify holdouts and complete objectives, players must work together to survive EARTHFALL!Features:
- Co-operative Survival For up to Four Players - Team up with friends to survive the alien infestation. Robust multiplayer support and A.I. teammates stand ready to ensure a full team at any time regardless of available players
- Build Your Defenses - Strategically deploy barricades to block the enemy hordes and install turrets anywhere to create perfect alien killing zones
- Print Your Weapons - Use advanced 3D printers to print more than twenty different weapons to use against the vicious alien enemies
- Multiple Campaigns - Each campaign tells a story across several missions, allowing players to dive in and experience diverse settings and mission types across the Pacific Northwest (one campaign availabile in initial Early Access release)
- Close Encounters of the Brutal Kind - Deadly aliens come in all shapes and sizes, from massive drones armies attacking in waves to towering behemoths spitting plasma, every experience is different, each time you play
- Battle Unpredictable Enemies - Earthfall features a dynamic spawn system providing a constant set of new challenges lurking behind every corner
- An Unfolding Story - Every campaign reveals new content and secrets behind the world of Earthfall and the cataclysmic alien invasion
12. Insecticide Part 1
Enter the fast shooting world of INSECTICIDE as hot shot rookie Detective Chrys Liszt and help solve a crime of epic proportions. Lead your team on a bug hunt, collecting clues and solving puzzles. Use old-fashioned street smarts, unique insect abilities and an arsenal of ingenious bug weapons to confront your suspects. Explore a futuristic world of mutant insects and uncover the truth in a city infested with corruption.
It won’t be easy solving this mystery, but some buggy’s got to do it!
- Action Detective Shooter
- Real-time 3D third-person view combines action-based platforming with weapons-based combat.
- Use specialized bug weaponry and unique insect abilities.
Adventure Detective Puzzles and Crime Solving
- Put your detective skills to the test and lead a crime investigation in a futuristic world of mutant insects and film noir locations.
- Collect clues to solving a gripping mystery brimming with twists, turns, and double-crossings. Interrogate suspects, interview witnesses, and play good cop/bad cop to get the info you need.
An immersive story worthy of the best detective flicks
- A cast of nearly 30 unique characters woven into an addictive plotline where each clue reveals a deeper part of the mystery.
BLACKHOLE is an award-winning hardcore platformer with over 15 hours of story-driven sci-fi comedy and gravity-twisting puzzles. Complete Edition now available!
When the crew of the spaceship Endera is sucked into a black hole, it seems like the end. Fortunately, the ship crashes on Entity – an unidentified object resembling a planet. After the crash, the first member to wake up is the guy who makes coffee for the crew - you! There’s no one around and your only ally is Auriel, the ship’s computer’s sarcastic A.I. Together, you’ll need to come up with a plan to fix the spaceship, save the others and become heroes of planet Earth by closing the black hole once and for all. It won’t be an easy task, because the mysterious caves, lost cities, towering mountains and deep forests are full of tricky, gravity-defying puzzles and deadly traps.
- More than 90 levels in 6 dimensions to explore
- Hundreds of secrets to discover and puzzles to solve
- A fully-voiced sci-fi comedy with a cool soundtrack
- Pixel-perfect controls for both keyboard and gamepad
14. Sword With Sauce: Alpha
Select your weapon, your gadgets and then your play style as you enter ready to take down all the enemies patrolling the level.
To help you along your way is a large selection of gadgets and weaponry to assassinate your targets in any way you like. You can either go in guns blazing, with a mad desire to re-colour the walls red or take a more delicate approach as you sneak your way around the level avoiding detection.
Your main weapon can either be a sword which can deflect bullets, chop down your foes or be thrown for maximum bloodshed. A shield which can be thrown at multiple enemies at once or to reflect their bullets right back at them. A bow for silent long range kills without worrying about ammo. And finally a machine gun because sometimes the best solution is the loudest one. You also have a selection of bad ass gadgetry, starting with ninja stars and gas grenades leading into the more ridiculous pocket sized black holes and self destructive crabs.
6 weapons (not including the cutlery)
4 enemy types
3 game modes
15. Battlestar Galactica Deadlock
Four years of war and a steep price in human lives have not been enough to unlock a deadly stalemate. The Colonials have countered all of the Cylon’s offensives so far, but no decisive victory was achieved.
The deadlock is suddenly broken by a surprise attack from the Cylons and the brutal annihilation of the Colonial Fleet High Command on Picon. The fate of mankind is now resting on the shoulders of Rear-Admiral Lucinda Cain.
The secret, cunning plan she has conceived could turn the tide of the war forever…The Game
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Deadlock™ takes you into the heart of the First Cylon War, to fight epic 3D battles that will test your tactical prowess.
Take control of the Colonial Fleet from the bridge of the mobile shipyard, Daidalos, and free the Twelve Colonies from the Cylon threat. Build your fleets, protect the Quorum alliance and prepare to dig deeper into the conspiracies of this heroic conflict.Command the Colonial Fleet
Design and build fleets of powerful capital ships. Recruit officers to protect the Twelve Colonies. From the Manticore corvette to the mighty Jupiter class Battlestar, you won’t be short on firepower.Legendary Names
Continue the legacy of Battlestar Galactica™ with new characters and familiar faces, in an original story set during the First Cylon War. Launch Viper squadrons and Raptor scouts and jump the Galactica in to dominate the battlefield. An authentic Battlestar Galactica™ experience awaits.WEGO 3D Tactical Battles
Intense tactical space battles in full 3D. Give commands to your fleet of capital ships and watch the explosive results play out in pause-able real-time across beautiful environments.War Room Politics
From the bridge of the Daidalos shipyard you will command all the Colonial Fleet. Build up your forces and jump them across the quaternary solar system of Cyrannus. Keep the Colonies safe and the Quorum of Twelve unified, lest the alliance break and introduce a new age of Cylon dominance.The Cylon Threat
Prepare to face relentless opposition. Defend against squadrons of Cylon Raiders and missile salvos from Basestars. Trust in your marines to fight off Centurion boarding parties, while your firewalls slow down the hacking attacks of the Wardriver electronic fighters. Unlock blueprints for new ships, munitions and squadrons to help defeat your tireless foe.Join Forces
Experience Battlestar multiplayer like never before! Outwit your opponent in fierce 1-v-1 fleet battles.Review Your Battles
Review your battles from a cinematic point of view with the AutoCam replay, and then export them to YouTube with our in-game tool!
Categories in common with Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Strategy
16. A.V.A. Alliance of Valiant Arms
Face-off against other players in classic modes like Annihilation (Team Deathmatch) and Demolition, or test your skills in unique objective-based modes like Escort, Escape and Infection.
Hone your skills against bots in AI Demolition mode, or join up with other players to take on a variety of co-op scenarios and uncover the story behind AVA’s near-future global conflict.
Build an arsenal of authentic military weaponry and collect hundreds of rare skinned variants. Modify your weapons to augment their stats, then equip your character with armor, perks, and cosmetic items.
Join a clan and compete in ranked championship seasons for epic rewards. The very best clans even have a chance to compete on the world stage at two annual international tournaments!
With hundreds of weapons, dozens of maps, and tons of unique gameplay types, there is no shortage of content to engage with in AVA. New weapons, maps, and modes are added to the game on a monthly basis to keep you coming back for more!
Categories in common with A.V.A. Alliance of Valiant Arms: Action
Inspired by the first-person shooters of the past that we loved, we're taking all the most memorable elements and putting them in a toolkit to be used and combined however you want. At its heart, Gunscape is an FPS construction kit. It's a game that lets you go wild with your creativity in a pumping action sandbox! Gunscape does this by providing easy-to-use tools based on a block-placement interface everybody's already familiar with to create single-player campaigns, co-op maps and multiplayer arenas and the functionality to share your creations with your friends. Don't like building stuff and just want to blast your way through hordes of monsters or duel with other players? Maps can also be shared, played and voted on by the whole world, so you'll always have new levels at your fingertips!Standard Edition
Get access to all main game themes with the Standard Edition of Gunscape! It includes blocks, props, enemies, avatars and weapons from the Bathyscape, Bierenstein, Final Fortress, Electro, Relay, Too Rockin’, Siegecraft, Orifice and Tremor.Gold Edition
Get access to all current and future game content with the Gold Edition of Gunscape! Initially it includes blocks, props, enemies, avatars and weapons from the Standard Edition plus the Seasonal, Alienware and Gold theme packs. Also receive the Gunscape Original Sound Track DLC! The first extra DLC will be the Seismic pack, coming in Q2 2016 and this will be available free of charge to Gold Edition purchasers.World Building
The game is organised into themes taken from the entire genre of FPS games, from the early classics to the modern triple-A stealth and war shooters. Each theme set contains unique world building blocks, player models, enemies (and bosses!), music tracks, skyboxes, special level elements (like traps and teleporters) and--of course--GUNS (plus bombs, bats, swords, flamethrowers, chainsaws, rocket launchers and much, much more. 38 weapons planned so far!). Assets from different sets are meant to be combined freely when building your worlds and the selection of content contained in each one has been carefully selected and planned out to avoid redundancy and to represent the truly iconic parts of the game it was inspired by.
It's important to us that anybody should be able to create their own levels. In the days of Doom and Build engine games level editors were simple enough that it didn't take long to learn how to create a whole new adventure for the player. The truly skilled could create impressive feats of architecture, but the rest of us could still create enjoyable challenges thanks to tightly-designed game engines that focused on making the core gameplay pure fun. In a game like that it doesn't matter how many times you test and tweak the layout to make your map the best it can be, or how abstract the level becomes as a result. This is the driving philosophy behind Gunscape. It's also the reason we've chosen to start by polishing the multiplayer experience in the pre-alpha demo, as we feel this is one of the best ways to develop and tweak the core gameplay.World Sharing
Of course, there's no point in creating great play experiences if nobody else gets to play them! Gunscape has a server to share your creations and the game has a built in map browser with filtering and voting system, so that anybody can have full access to every public player-created level, regardless of which theme packs were used to make them. The available demo (more on this later) has game levels we have put together and we'll continue to add more as we complete new content to help show how much potential there is for you to create some truly amazing things with Gunscape!Game Features
- Solo, split-screen and online co-operative multiplayer level creation! Build maps at your own pace or invite friends to help out! Jump in and out of action mode while editing to test your level on the fly or just to blast one another.
- Single-player campaign mode: play or create a sequence or branching tree of levels with or without a story. Build a whole self-contained adventure or a gauntlet of fearsome challenges.
- Co-op mode: invite one or more friends to tackle a dedicated co-op map with you or take a single-player map and crank up the difficulty.
- Multiplayer arenas: build a map with multiple spawn points and powerups and invite your friends or host a public game for some brutal online action using one of many multiplayer modes, including classics such as free-for-all and team deathmatch, capture the flag variants, king of the hill and domination/point capture modes and different tag/infection variants. We plan on including a lot of these, and to continue adding more, including flexible objectives like race to the finish which could be used to build multiplayer rocket jump courses or other types of challenge maps such as a competitive adventure through trap-filled dungeons, or hunter which awards points for killing monsters so you can create your own MP dinosaur safari.
- Cross-platform multiplayer: optional where it counts, but great to have for cross-platform co-op!
- Global and persistent map sharing: anyone can play the levels you share regardless of platform
- 8 multiplayer match modes
It's 1972 and a military coup has rocked Anchuria, a small country in Latin America. As a result, you, Angela Burnes, US citizen, are trapped in the metropolitan capital of San Bavón. Your paradise has turned into a warzone. To make ends meet, you take up a job as a housekeeper. Every week, an hour before sunset, you clean the swanky bachelor pad of the wealthy Gabriel Ortega. You are given a number of tasks to do, but the temptation to go through his stuff is irresistible. And what is he up to? As you get to know your mysterious absent employer better, you are sucked into a rebellious plot against the notorious dictator who rules the country with an iron fist.
“Sunset uses the routine of labour to exquisite effect as a framework to tell a story about class and political revolution.” – Simon Parkin, Eurogamer
“Sunset acts as a thoughtful, pensive walk through social themes and struggles not often explored in this medium.” – Game Spot, Josiah Renaudin
“Sunset is a wonderfully atmospheric slow burner and a valuable addition to a medium where the predominant approach to conflict is to just give you a big old gun and invite you to get stuck in.” – Philippa Warr, Rock Paper Shotgun
“The story is excellent and will draw you in, making you feel as if you truly are Angela Burnes.” – Jessica Mock, Hardcore Gamer
“Rather than focus on the explicit violence of a military coup, Sunset centers on the emotional brutality of war.” – Reid McCarter, Playboy
Sunset is a narrative-driven first-person exploration game that centers on the discovery of clues to a story that takes place as you play.
Sunset is in part inspired by action games set in a war-like context, like many first-person shooters. What life would be like for the NPCs in such games? How does it feel when war is the backdrop for your day-to-day life?
Sunset is divided into 44 play sessions that each take a fictional hour: until the sun sets. Each time you get a list of tasks that you are requested to do. But there is more to do in the apartment than just work. There are other activities, such as going through the owner's possessions in search of information, and interacting with his 1970s-era technological gadgets.
Angela Burnes, is not an empty vessel. She has a personality of her own and you discover her thoughts while playing. As a US citizen at the end of the sixties, she is inspired by the Black Power and civil rights movements. In an effort to learn more about egality, she travels to the then socialist republic of Anchuria. During her visit, a US-backed military coup happens and she is disallowed from leaving the country. Her university degree is not recognized by the new regime and she is forced to work as a housekeeper to sustain herself.
Angela's younger brother, David, who had followed her to Anchuria ends up joining an underground resistance movement. And Angela must worry about what happens to him when the war begins in earnest.
Gabriel Ortega is a lover of the arts. Through his work as a curator he met Maria Luisa of the wealthy Veleta family. Thanks to the money from their families, Gabriel became a much celebrated benefactor of the arts. When the coup happened, theaters and museums were closed. The new government offered affluent citizens safety and positions of power. Gabriel's wife, and most of her family and their friends, were happy to accept but Gabriel refused. Rising tensions between the couple ultimately lead to a separation.
The story of Sunset begins when Gabriel Ortega moves into a new penthouse apartment in the capital city of San Bavón. It is in this apartment that Angela Burnes finds employment.
- first-person exploration with familiar controls (WASD + mouselook), or customize for your comfort
- atmospheric: cool 1972 style, reflections, sunset glow, stillness, tension of war, time passing
- influence the relationship between the two protagonists, emotional narrative arc happens as you play
- suspenseful story-driven gameplay: interact to explore the fiction
- responsive environment (light switches, record players, electronic gadgets, etc.)
- no fail state – this isn’t a game you can win or lose, only influence
- anywhere from 90 minutes to 22 hours of gameplay, depending on your approach
- soundtrack by the award-winning Austin Wintory (Journey, The Banner Saga, Monaco)
- retro early 1970s style
- Auriea Harvey and Michaël Samyn have dedicated their lives to the exploration of videogames as an artistic expressive medium. They are the creators of The Endless Forest, The Path, The Graveyard, Fatale, Bientôt l'été, Vanitas and IGF Nuovo winner Luxuria Superbia. With Sunset they have applied their decade of experience to a more accessible title, with the purpose of sharing the beauty of videogames with a wider audience.
- Austin Wintory composed the music for Sunset. A Grammy and BAFTA award winner, he is one of the foremost composers of videogame soundtracks. His work includes music for flOw, Journey, Monaco and Gorogoa.
- Tina Marie Murray has acted the voice of Angela.
- Laura Raines Smith has animated the main character (and the occasional helicopter) as she has done on all of Tale of Tales' games so far.
- Kris Force is a sound designer whose work you can hear in The Graveyard, The Path, Fatale and Bientôt l'été.
- Theresa Schlag has modeled the architecture in Bientôt l'été and will do so again in Sunset, together with Niklas Roth.
- Jospeh Silverman, Lucie Viatge and Señorita Y, who wishes to remain anonymous, have modeled many of the artworks and objects in the game.
- Jurie Horneman and Alex Mouton have helped us with programming.
- Leigh Alexander & Ste Curran, Agency gave project direction advice.
- The text was written in collaboration with the anonymous writer dear Señor X.
Sunset was created with Unity for PC, Mac and Linux.
Production was supported by the Flanders Audiovisual Fund and a whole bunch of Kickstarter backers.
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/taleoftales
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/taleoftales
Look at the trailer: http://sunset-game.com
Visit the game's website: http://Tale-of-Tales.com/Sunset
Visit the developers' website: http://Tale-of-Tales.com
Come to Anchuria: http://sunset.voyage
Read the dev log: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=39393
Read about the making of Sunset: http://tale-of-tales.com/Sunset/blog/
The whole city has been plunged into darkness. After an accident in the power station, a living electric spark must restore electricity to the city and give citizens back their safe and carefree lives.
"TurnOn" tells the spellbinding tale of a brave alien creature and its striking journey through blackout world. Featuring a charming art style and visual storytelling, cute character personality, and a soothing and magical soundtrack, "TurnOn" makes the world the way it was before, but a little better and kinder.FEATURES
- Setting! Be surprised how the world depends on electricity and what can happen if it suddenly disappears. Solve puzzles and figure out how to turn on the lights in every home, as well as fight unexpected enemies!
- Visual storytelling! Tired of all those dialogs in your video games? Never mind, in "TurnOn" everything is purely visual, and the entire story is told through what you see (and sometimes what you don't).
- Platformer without platforms! The main character moves through the electrical wires. The mix of exploration and music levels makes the gameplay very immersive.
Overload is a new six-degree-of-freedom shooter from the creators of Descent, currently under development. We released our 1st Early Access build on March 13, 2017, with our 4th major update (version 0.2) released on June 22, 2017. The current Early Access release contains the following, as of version 0.5:
- 8 unique Challenge Mode levels
- Infinite and Countdown variants that change the focus to Survival or Efficiency
- Optional training level for refining your piloting skills
- Three story mode single-player levels (from the main 15-level campaign)
- One sample single-player level (not part of the main campaign)
- 13 explosive weapons (7 primary weapons and 6 missiles)
- 12 terrifying robot enemies
- Steam Achievements and Online Leaderboards
- Upgrades system and Advanced player stats
- Automap and Holo-guide
- Preliminary Save/Load
See below for the Full Game features, expected to release in early 2018.EARLY ACCESS ROADMAPOur focus with Early Access is to make Challenge Mode the best it can be through iteration, polish, and player feedback. We will also be revealing about a third of the single-player campaign with a focus on refinement of the elements present there as well as interface and level complexity/flow.
We plan to do a significant update to the game every 3-4 weeks of similar size, with some smaller updates to address bugs and player feedback. Much of the story content will be held back for the full game release, but by the end of Early Access, Overload will feature:
- 10+ Challenge Mode levels
- Multiple rule variants in Challenge Mode
- XP-based unlocks and permanent upgrades for Challenge Mode
- 5 Single-player fully playable campaign levels
- 13-14 upgradeable weapons with fully functional upgrade screen in single-player
- 15+ robots of varying ferocity
The remaining content listed in the FULL GAME will be added at launch.FULL GAMEWhen we exit Early Access and launch the full game, Overload will contain:
- Single-player story campaign with 15+ FULL-SIZE atmospheric levels
- 12+ Challenge Mode levels with tons of replayability
- Upgradeable player ship and 16 weapons with multiple upgrade options
- 20+ terrifying robot types and 3 massive bosses
- Story by the writer of FREESPACE 2, plus pulse-pounding soundtrack
- Epic soundtrack by Dan Wentz (DESCENT 2), Allister Brimble (DESCENT 1 REDBOOK), and Jerry Berlongieri (DESCENT 3)
Categories in common with Overload: Action
21. CastleMiner Z
CastleMiner Z is an online coop survival horror game in a block based environment. Travel with your friends in a huge, ever-changing world and craft modern weapons to defend yourself from dragons and the zombie horde!
Game PlayCastleMiner Z is an infinite world filled with deep places to explore, and horrifying monsters to slay. Build structures out of blocks, craft weapons and tools from raw materials, and explore the vast and frightening world around you.
Play by yourself or online with friends in any of these exciting game modes:
- Endurance Mode: There are tales of a place beyond the mountains where Hell itself has torn through. How far can you get before you succumb to the zombies, dragons, skeletons, or other enemies that thirst for your blood? Run, fight, and sneak your way across dry deserts, snowy mountains, and icy expanses on your quest to vanquish the ultimate guardians of the abyss. In Endurance Mode, the world is randomized each game and the death of your party is permanent.
- Survival Mode: If you enjoy Endurance, but would rather build permanent structures and defenses, Survival Mode is where you’ll spend your time.
- Creative Mode: With simplified crafting and the ability to adjust or eliminate the enemy threat, Creative Mode is a great place to build vast structures in peace.
- Dragon Survival Mode: For those who like their trophies big and their hair singed and smoking, Dragon Survival Mode brings you up close and personal with wave after wave of the biggest, meanest, scaliest brutes in the game.
Worlds can be saved in any game mode (except endurance) so try building a castle with enemies turned off, then grabbing some friends and loading it up with enemies turned on!
22. Karma. Incarnation 1
This original adventure game explores a love story between two beautiful souls through ingenious humour and a bizarre, hand-drawn, frame-by-frame animation style. Our hero’s beloved has been abducted by evil spirits, and the only way to reunite them is to reincarnate himself as a dragon to defeat Evil. But something has gone wrong, and his soul is reborn as a worm named Pip. Now Pip must overcome the challenges of a surreal world, solve mind bending puzzles, and save his love. Choosing between good and evil, Pip learns the laws of Karma, and his choices define the outcome of the game.
- Play as Pip and explore a rich, bizarre world.
- Use Astral sight, a power that allows you to peek into the world of spirits at any point of the game.
- Learn Karma laws through choice and action. Each evil deed spoils Pip’s karma and changes his appearance. Good deeds purify karma. Key characters respond differently to Pip’s karma, opening additional storyline.
- Hand-drawn animations of the varied interactions of Pip with his strange environment. The environment and other characters of the quests are drawn individually for each situation.
- Live magical award winning music and sound by ZMEIRADUGA.
23. Star Control: The Ur-Quan Masters
The classic action adventure game Star Control: The Ur-Quan Masters is here. Take command of the Vindicator, a prototype ship with endless upgrade potential. Discover new stars, explore new worlds, meet colorful alien races, wage wars and experience one of the most influential games in PC gaming history in its original form.About: Star Control 1Mankind is about to be wiped off the face of the galactic map. A savage clutch of alien races called the Ur-Quan Hierarchy has become the “evil empire” of the 27th century- ruthlessly invading interstellar neighbors. Humanity is next on their list. Your job is to make sure that they don’t succeed. The entire Alliance of Free Stars battlefleet awaits your orders.About: Star Control 2Arguably the greatest space adventure on PC, with tons of humor and memorable characters. You start in a nearly empty space-ship, but as the game progresses, you can upgrade it with many modules that affect the vessel's attributes. You can discover new stars, meet new alien races, wage wars, and boldly go where no man has gone before you. A truly exceptional exploration game that that has influenced the entire industry. While playing this gem, it's really fun to observe how many of its gameplay features were copied by modern AAA titles.
- The pack includes Star Control 1 and Star Control 2.
- 17th Best Game of all time, according to IGN.COM, and winner of many prestigious gaming awards
- A vast universe to explore, full of bizarre alien races, powerful ancient technologies and mysterious places
- Pulse-pounding action, side-splitting humor, and hair-raising plot twists
24. Battlevoid: Harbinger
In Battlevoid: Harbinger you will have to make decisions regarding your fleet and equipment, face surprising elements, use Battlestations to your advantage and battle fiercely for survival as you defend humanity. Strategy, tactics, and resource management are the core of Battlevoid: Harbinger. Plan your ship's offenses and defenses. Fortify your ships against enemy weapons, and wield them wisely. Lure your enemies into traps, or distract your foes with distress beacons toward your Battlestation. Battlevoid: Harbinger has been praised by the press and gamers, creating a solid community for the game.Key Features
- Intense and gripping sci-fi space adventure simulation
- Explore new procedurally generated galaxies each playthrough
- Galaxies full of mysterious places, Battlestations and dangerous encounters
- Carry out missions, discover new technology, and help humanity survive
- Unique turret upgrade system, never seen in a game before
- Superb pixel graphics and effects
25. Dark Deception
Dark Deception is a story driven first-person horror action maze game, created from a collaborative indie effort between DD's original creator and the creator of TJOC: Story Mode.
Dark Deception mixes the fast-paced style of classic arcade games with fun horror game design. Trapped in a dark world full of nightmarish mazes and ridiculous monsters, the only way out is to face the darkness and find a way to survive.
This is the first chapter in the Dark Deception story. Investigate and survive the first maze. Be careful though. You are not alone. There are monsters in there and they are looking for you. You will face your fears. The question is - what are you afraid of?
- Fast-paced Arcade Horror: No hiding in lockers here. Run for your life and run fast. Enemies can be stunned and avoided, but not killed.
- Power System: Earn XP and unlock powers as you progress that will allow you to even the odds and survive longer against horrendous creatures.
- High Quality: AAA-quality graphics and creative designs give players a variety of unique and terrifying worlds and enemies to survive.
- Hazardous Environments: Enemies are not the only danger. The mazes themselves are full of traps, hazards, and other dangers to watch out for.
- Unique Enemies: Every nightmare presents a unique creature that has its own distinct AI. Players will have to change up their tactics in order to survive.
- Dark Humor: While scary, Dark Deception is not a bloody or gory game and features it's own stylized brand of dark humor. Dark Deception was designed to be enjoyed by everyone.
26. Tactical Monsters Rumble Arena
Do you have what it takes to be #1 in the world? Enter the fun world of TACTICAL MULTIPLAYER ARENA!
Experience the rush of 3-5 minute strategy battles in the world of Tactical Monsters comprised of monsters from all corners of the world. Whether you are competitive in real life or virtual reality, this is the ultimate competition game for you!
Form the most monstrous team and conquer the real-time multiplayer gameplay. Outsmart and destroy your opponents by strategically positioning your monsters before battle and tactically controlling their actions in battle.
This is a turn-based, hex grid tactics gameplay with monsters from all time and space. From Franky the Frankenstein, to fantasy monsters like Medusa and Griffin, to culturally established creatures like WuKong and the Mummy, to monsters you’ve never seen before such as Frosty the bigfoot and Nobu the ghost samurai. Each monster have their own unique background and jobs. Each monsters have unique skills such as magic skills, physical skills, or even world-ending skills like the nuclear warhead from Dr. Walter’s Meca Machine.
This game has a variety of single player mode levels that allows you to train and upgrade your monsters. Once you are ready, you will then enter into real time PVP battles with players from around the world to fight for the #1 spot. Fight for your country and your clan by tactically being the best and smartest in the game. Unleash your monsters and let them rumble in the world’s biggest brawl!
Play with your friends in 1 on 1 virtual battles, form a clan to trade cards. Exchange tactical knowledge with players worldwide in the world chat and clan chat. Build your own clan defenses to fend off the enemy raiders and be the #1 clan in the world!
Tactical Monsters is strategy game that is completely free to download and play. However, some optional game items can also be purchased for real money. You can disable in-app purchases in your device’s settings. An internet connection is also required.
- Easy gameplay with no annoying hand-holding tutorials.
- Battle through Adventure Mode to recruit unique monsters.
- Upgrade the monsters to unlock ridiculous monstrous and destructive skills
- Endure through the Guerrilla Warfare Mode (Survival Mode) to defeat the never-ending BOSSES.
- Sharpen your tactics by visiting Training Grounds.
- Duel players in real time live PVP to take their thrones and claim the world treasure chest.
- Set your optimal defense formations and layouts. Be #1 defensively in the Defense Arena.
- Ally with your clan mates and be the #1 clan in your country by building maps and layouts together that are almost impossible for other clans to raid. Set obstacles, towers, traps to defend your kingdom.
- Form a clan to share cards and build your own battle community.
- Play and chat with players worldwide .
- Talk & strategize with your clan-mates in clan chat and world chat.
- Discover free items, rewards and monsters from daily check-ins and store bonuses.
- You might like this game if you like to like turn-based games, strategy games, hero growth and heroes collection games, RPG games, TRPG games, games similar to western chess, Chinese chess, war chess. This game is also similar to other turn-based hex grid or hexagonal games.
27. Unforgiving - A Northern Hymn
You may think you know your limits – what evils you might be willing to commit to save yourself.
Are you ready to find out what you are capable of? Are you brave enough to face the darkness in your soul?
Not only are the old stories true, but the things that crawl in the shadows are more wretched than you could have ever imagined.
The whispers of the northern woods pick at your sanity. Your fingers tremble as you light your final match, body shivering from dread. Do you sense them hunting for you? Can you feel them hunger for your last breath?
You can feel his eyes on you, sitting at the water's edge, watching as he plays his infernal violin…
When you cross the line and enter that unforgiving place, what will you do to save yourself?
Can you even be saved?
All the stories being told to scare children are actually true. The Swedish folklore is real and it's coming for you!
Unforgiving - A Northern Hymn is a first person horror game is heavily inspired by Swedish folklore and the Nordic mythology to create the nightmares that's been haunting Swedish children for many generations.
- Traditional Swedish environments filled with some of the most famous creatures from Swedish folklore.
- Intelligent AI choosing it’s own paths instead of patrolling on the same routes over and over.
- 4K support.
- Joy for explorers with open world areas and plenty to discover and inspect.
This game contains gore, violence, nudity and strong language! Hope you enjoy!
Gems & Sockets just added!Read more in the official roadmap!StoryWhat happens in a world where the last evil lies dead, the last quest is completed, and the last chest has been opened?
In this world, the long-dead Heroes of Old are forever remembered and honoured through a great magical device. This device, known only as the Chronicon, is capable of opening a portal into the memories – the very souls – of the Heroes of Old. Each year, a handful men and women are given the great honour to re-live the old tales.
And this year, you have been chosen…
Note: Trailer footage and screenshots are of high level characters with decent equipment. Expect a slower pace at first.Game Features
- The first 3 full acts to play through, with 2 additional acts coming soon
- 4 unique classes: The Templar, Berserker, Warden, and Warlock
- Procedurally generated dungeons and areas – each playthrough is different
- Local co-op up to 4 players (same machine, requires 1 Xbox 360 controller per additional player)
- Over 600 items with randomized enchants & qualities, and powerful set items!
- Over 900 skills and abilities to learn and improve
- Infinite character progression
- Basic crafting - Enchant and gem your equipment to its maximum potential!
- Full Xbox 360 controller support (optional)
- 2 Additional acts
- Hardcore mode
- More items
- More quests
- More everything!
29. Funk of Titans
PERSEUS IS THE CHOSEN ONE… AND KNOWS FUNK FU!
Funk is the music of Gods. Zeus, the father of all of them, created and shared it with the rest of the Universe. The humans have been dancing to and singing funky songs since the birth of time and give thanks to Zeus for receiving this blessing.
Now, however, Pagan Titans have created other rhythms in the form of Pop, Rock and Rap and they are using them to influence the humans, turning them into empty headed, dancing minions.
In these difficult times, Zeus has summoned his son and Funky Champion, Perseus, to confront and defeat the Titans. Guide Perseus through more than 40 levels of ancient Greek mythology spread over the three worlds of Pop, Rock and Rap. Collect different helmets and weapons, compete in bonus stages and ride Pegasus to glory. Only one style of music can survive and the Funk is the music of the gods.
- Over 40 levels
- Groovy platforming
- Funk-Fu, ancient Greece, gods and demigods
- Fight to restore the funk by defeating Pop, Rock and Rap
- Ride your pimped-out Pegaus
30. Zero G Arena
Zero G Arena is an online multiplayer, 3rd person arena shooter, with zero gravity. Players have magnetic shoes that can be turned on or off to switch between running on magnetic surfaces and floating. Players also have a grapple beam, which can be used for swinging or pulling towards objects or surfaces, as well as a wall jump, which can be used to kick off from surfaces while floating.
The mechanics can be used in combination for a practically unlimited range of manoeuvres. The zero gravity mechanic is supported by ragdoll physics, so that the in-game avatars react convincingly to forces and the environment.
The aforementioned magnetic surfaces can be at different angles to each other, allowing for interesting situations such as where your wall is another player's floor.
The game is still at a fairly early stage of development. I recommend reading the Early Access section above for more information on it's current state before purchasing.
31. ASSASSINATION BOX
ASSASSINATION BOX STILL IN DEVELOPMENT AND MANY FEATURES MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN GAME
ASSASSINATION BOX is a first person shooter.
Current build v. 0.2.1.2:
- Single player mode: yes
- Levels: 1
- GameMode: 1
- Rank system: yes
- Weapon customization: yes
- Skills: yes
- Profile levels: yes
Final Release Build v. 1.0:
- Single player mode: yes
- Coop mode: yes
- Levels: 10+
- Game Modes: 3+
- Rank system: yes
- Weapon customization: yes
- Character Customization: yes
- Skills: yes
- Profile levels: yes
ASSASSINATION BOX: UPDATE v 0.2.1.2 LIVE!Improved settings. General, Controls, Audio tabs.
32. The House
You came to see the old datached house which you are going to buy.There is no one in the house.While looking through the numerous rooms and corridors you understand that there is something unusual.Since then you found out a terrible story.Besides you understand that you're not alone there.There is a "master" in the house,the personification of the evil.At first it will frighten you,then it will try to kill you,after that it'll call its dark forces.You have either to die or try to win the evil by all means...
So,what is the place?Is the old,neglected detached house a temporal portal or gate in hell? Moving to the past or future, you have to change your fate and prevent terrible events...
Plunge into the atmosphere of fear and horror,investigate the dark house full of mysteries and danger!
Choose your side in this faction-based survival game, pitting groups of players against each other amid hordes of horrific demons in an ongoing epic war. Explore a mysterious and unforgiving world in search of resources and powerful artifacts as you race against the clock to achieve the glory of victory before you are wiped from existence. Carve a unique niche for yourself with RPG-like talent and skill systems, allowing you to tailor your character to any play style. Expand your technology and knowledge with your faction to unlock new heights of power to wield against your foes. Defend your base against an ever increasing onslaught from the unyielding armies of the Lost, and from enemy player factions. Survival is only the first step, as there can only be one victor. Will you be lost and forgotten, or will you emerge as champions?Three Way Faction Warfare
Engage in a struggle for dominance between three factions: Order, Conclave, and Revenant. You will not survive this war alone, and your faction will be your home in the world of Rend. Together you will build a stronghold to withstand enemy forces and protect your valuable resources and buildings. Only one faction can win this race toward victory, but all may lose.Play Your Way
Take advantage of deep and engaging talent and skill systems to fully customize your character. Your character will end up with a personalized set of capabilities tailored specifically for you. Find what you love to do and be rewarded for it, no matter your play style.Defend Your Base
The world is a hostile place, and you will be called upon to defend what is yours. Your home will be protected much of the time, but when the Time of Reckoning strikes, you will be open for attack from the armies of the Lost Ones. Enemy factions may also strike while you are vulnerable, so your guard can never be let down. Just remember, while your base is unprotected, your enemies are also ripe for plunder.Explore, Craft, and Research
You and your allies will venture forth to explore and collect resource from the world and its dangerous inhabitants. Upgrade your faction's technology in many different directions as you go, giving you the ability to craft more and more powerful weapons and armor. Uncover the secrets of the spirit world to bind vanquished creatures to you as mountable companions, and unlock powerful magics to bolster your abilities.Conquer Your Enemies
Hiding deep within the frozen hellscape of the Eternal Wastelands lie the keys to victory. Long sealed tombs contain powerful artifacts you can use to turn the tide of war to your favor. You must gather your allies and prepare for a grueling trip through harsh and unforgiving environments, battling against the world's most fearsome denizens. Beware of waiting too long, as your coveted treasure may be stolen by enemy factions before you ever arrive. Of course, you can always take it from their cold, dead hands...
Enter the world of Rend if you dare. Only the strongest and most cunning will last long, and only one side will win. Your survival is not guaranteed...
34. Jupiter Hell
Jupiter Hell is a classic, turn-based roguelike set in a 90's flavored sci-fi universe. Set on the moons of Jupiter, the game pits a lone space marine against overwhelming demonic forces. Rip and tear zombies, demons and unmentionable monstrosities, using classic weaponry such as shotguns, chainguns, railguns and the trusty chainsaw. All to the shine of CRT monitors and the tune of heavy metal!
Dive deep into a true form of the 30 year old roguelike game genre that has resurged in popularity. Experience tactical permadeath challenges in glorious 3D visuals. Jupiter Hell is the spiritual successor to DoomRL, the parody roguelike that years ago streamlined the traditional format and popularised a new wave of accessible roguelikes. Distilled, hardcore gameplay, fast-paced challenge and limitless death all await.True Roguelike!
The classic tactical mix of permadeath with turn-based, procedural gameplay, but now updated with modern graphics and accessibility. A traditional roguelike designed for all players.Fluid Gameplay
Dynamic turn-based action with unique adaptive animation system lets you play at your own pace. Supported by intuitive interface and streamlined gameplay for action-focused entertainment.Smart Procedural Generation
Built upon decades of expertise in producing truly engaging procedural content. Layered procedural structures, adaptive challenges and intermeshing random systems ensure engaging variety.Limitless Challenge
A game full of tense tactical combat, tight resources and legendary boss battles. Advanced difficulty modes and special challenges cater for the most masochistic players.
35. Crisis VRigade
Crisis VRigade is a virtual reality action filled first person shooter that lets players take
on the role of a SWAT trooper and deal with a hostage situation in a bank robbery.
Duty calls! You’re put in the middle of the action. It's a dirty job but someone has to
do it. Together with a SWAT team you will have to deal with the situation and take care
of the terrorists who are robbing the bank. Your mission is cristal clear: finish off all
hostile elements and keep your teammates and hostages alive. Make your away through
bank to the safe where the terrorist have made a stronghold and threaten to kill the
hostages if their demands are not met.
Be aware of your ammunition and take cover while reloading your gun or you will be
exposed and the mission is over: maybe you see the bullet comming, maybe you didn’t,
but the terrorist got away and your partners now have the unpleasant task of giving the
bad news to your nearest relative.
Everyone counts on you and your first-of-the-class aim. You got the highest rates at the
academy, it’s time to prove it!
36. The Emptiness Deluxe Edition
You are lost.
You find yourself in a house, a house unlike any you've ever seen before. You quickly realize that this is no ordinary house, but rather a mysterious structure built out of your own doubts and fears. And you are trapped.
You are wandering and looking for a way out, but something terrible stands in your way. You strive for light, but the darkness won't let you go. You need to pass a series of tests, a series of challenges that will test your wits, your will and even your sanity. Open the doors to break out from the dark corners of your soul. Be persistent and courageous and endure to the very end! Can you endure the dark journey into The Emptiness?
Warning! The game is not recommended for people with an unhealthy state of mind, nervous disorders or heart disease. Experience The Emptiness and discover a psychological adventure game unlike anything you've ever seen before!Features
- A unique and thrilling psychological hidden object quest.
- A dark and brooding atmosphere that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Live actors and professional voiceover for the ultimate story presentation.
- Multiple ways to solve the mind-bending puzzles thrown in your path.
- Two difficulty modes for the perfect level of challenge.
- Multiple game endings. How will your story end?
Intruder is the stealth multiplayer experience. We were inspired by the great single-player campaigns of Metal Gear Solid, SWAT 3, Deus Ex, and Splinter Cell, and aim to bring that gameplay into a team-based multiplayer shooter. Intruder allows for stealth, teamwork, tactics and environmental interactions never before seen in a multiplayer game. Lure enemies into motion-detectors near explosive traps. Watch enemy movement through live security cameras and alert your teammates using the hand radio. Use real SWAT hand signals to communicate silently when enemies are nearby. In Intruder, amazing stories and emergent gameplay come from the players’ actions to provide an experience you will never forget.Key Features
- Team-based stealth multiplayer: Guards vs. Intruders.
- Immersive FPS: climb, crouch, crawl, and swim through the environment.
- Use gadgets to trick, trap, distract and outsmart your opponents.
- Eavesdrop on the opposing team with spatial 3d voice chat.
- Use ragdoll physics to launch your foes out of windows or to play dead while the enemy walks right past you.
- Truly interactive buildings with working security cameras, spotlights, sliding windows, ventilation shafts, and elevators.
- Stealth-based missions with multiple objectives and escape routes.
- Powerful Unity3d level editor plugin to create your own Intruder maps and game modes
- Regular updates and new features based on community feedback!
... now on Steam!
38. Fly in the House
You're back home after a few years of traveling. When you walked into your apartment, memories came flooding back to you. Many questions require answers. You start to wonder what's wrong with your life, but suddenly notice a fly in the house. Everything else is forgotten and replaced with one burning desire - kill the fly!
Hunt for the fly and destroy your apartment.
Hunt for the fly and don't destroy your apartment.
Forget the damn fly and simply destroy everything!!
Pick up objects, crash them and smash them. Earn points, collect ranks, search hidden objects and find the answers and reveal unexpected mysteries.
Shooting people and alien creatures is easy. A first person shooter targeting a pesky fly is the test of a real gamer!Main features:
- Pass 3 Levels with different type of interior each of which you can to destroy.
- Collect ranks, make combos and earn points.
- Search for hidden objects.
- Play in various game modes with different types of lighting.
39. Red Alliance
Red Alliance is an atmospheric, story driven, semi-survival single player game with elements of horror.
21st century, Eastern Europe, an oppressive regime. The country has fallen in to the lies spread by a mysterious Dr. Grey - an ambitious scientist seeking to achieve mind control through his illegal research. Under the excuse of a disease outbreak, mercenaries were hired by him to maintain order and control over the civilians, with which came oppression to society.
As the game begins, you play as the protagonist. You and your ally seek to reach the rebellion group “Red Alliance” that still withstands against the oppressive regime - and put an end to Dr. Grey’s madness. Throughout the game you will encounter various challenges on your path to restoring justice and peace in the country.
You will discover the consequences of the experiments as well as experience, abandoned autumn streets of the capital, cold snowy mountains, underground research complexes - and a secret laboratory, among various other locations.
The game features a classical first person shooter experience as well as a secondary arcade game mode
The game features optional stealth sections and allows the player to choose their own approach and play style
The campaign consists of 9 playable chapters, each taking place in a different setting
The game’s atmosphere changes throughout the game as the player progresses further
Player can also encounter random events that can reward him upon their completion
40. Cyborg Invasion Shooter
You are only soldier who can save the world. Cyborg army has conquered world. Your target is to collect 9 artifacts in different worlds and upload virus in last mission to cyborg factory and end their possessionGameplay:
Game contains 9 different levels, Each target is collect artifact which is in somewhere in level. Levels are different themed like sci-fi factory, forest, snowland, dungeon etc. When player finds artifact he is teleported to other level which are unlocked so you have to play levels in order. Every level contains different enemies, like cyborgs, shooting turrets, flying ships, and also different traps like laser traps. Every level contain 2-3 checkpoints, where player respawns after death.
Player has also 4 weapons to help his mission and also melee attacks like kicking is possible. Player can collect many pick-ups like health and ammosFeatures:- 9 levels
- options menu
- lot of enemies
-4 weapons: 2 pistols, rifle, shotgunPossible updates in future:- More different enemies
41. Versus World
Welcome to Versus World!
Shoot, stab, snipe, and 'splode your opponents to victory in this fast-paced multiplayer FPS. Here, the afterlife of a respawning immortal is seasoned by an up-down crouch.
Spin the reel!
Collect item boxes on the map to give you a random power-up or grenade.
Get Locked In
- Play classic deathmatch game types, or choose Siege to tug-o-war over capture points.
- 3 unique maps: Rogi Park, Web Island, and Happy Little World
- 7 weapon types, 4 grenade types, and 6 power-up types
- Thrust movement ability
- Basic character customization
- Assault Rifle (Burst fire)
- Rocket Launcher
- Assault Rifle (Full auto)
- Frag Grenade
- Sticky Spike Grenade
- Tesla Grenade
- Rogi Ball
- Grenade Cloud
- Big Heads
- Six-pack of Thrusts
- Damage Boost
- Damage Resist
- Speed Boost
Dangerous is an epic 3D open and living world space sandbox combat RPG with an immersive and riveting story. You have been awoken from cryo sleep a century later, and must discover the truth. Are you the feared war criminal who will destroy all life or the savior of the universe? Gather your wingmen and travel the galaxy in search of answers. Along the way, you'll encounter a Universal AI, a shadow group pulling history's strings, a princess, a schizophrenic robot, a beautiful lieutenant of the Royal Navy, a fearsome mercenary, a suicidal slave, and a playboy fighter ace.
Dangerous is a game that is 3 years in the making! It features:
- 3D real-time sandbox game built with Unity game engine
- metallic shader, lighting, particle effects, lens flare, explosions, fx
- space combat RPG with extensive skill tree
- open and living universe where 600+ ships fly around autonomously
- epic story with dialogue system that allows real choices
- recruit 6 wingmen and 2 can fly with you at a time
- even discover romance with another wing pilot
- recruit 5 corporate pilots who can fly trade routes on your behalf
- trade, fight, mine, pirate, scan for derelict ships and wormholes
- many mission types: epic, freelance, dynamic, wingman acquisition, faction loyalty
- deep combat mechanics, AI, and faction standings
- 20+ ships, 180+ modules, 33 solar systems with a unique follow-through-warp mechanic
- 15+ factions to vie favor or destroy
- cinematic camera shows you the action when it happens
- fly manually with or without Newtonian physics or use autopilots exclusively
- 22 track theatrical-quality award-winning soundtrack by renown composer, Sean Beeson
- cloud save lets you continue your game at home or on the go
43. Rym 9000
Rym 9000 is a vertical shmup in which you fight your way through 5 levels of concentrated action to reach the Moon and find the Rym 9000 treasure; a legendary relic left by an ancient civilization, buried in the Moon for a generation of pilots to find and "turn the world upside down."
With an emphasis on haywire motion and experimental visuals from Sonoshee, along with a cyber-stellar soundtrack from Roex, Rym 9000 will take you on a chaotic trip of challenging but fair hyperkinetic fun.
Achievements are set in place for the player to unlock World Log entries and know more about the world they're venturing into, as well as understanding the history behind the treasure that the protagonist and millions of other pilots are setting out to find.
Fight your way through relentless hordes of enemies, defeat each area's boss all the way up to the Moon's guardian "Diesel", and register your score upon beating the game on a leaderboard that records the top 10 players in the world.
44. Cell HD: emergence
Against the "smart germs" of tomorrow's biowarfare, nanites will be our drone soldiers, but for how long? Enter the fluid living world of Cell (built from "dynamic voxels") to witness the emergence of new life: YOU, a nanobot who shoots deadly colloids, builds defenses and supercharged weapons, deciphers enemy nanotech -- and, by design, learns.
TENET is a fast-paced shooter where you are trapped underworld in a nightmarish arena, and the only key to survival is to stay within the light. Survive, collect, and upgrade! With help from the underworld seer, you can exchange your earnings for powerful upgrades for increased chances of survival, along with cosmetics to fully customize your character, killing your foes in style.
TENET takes inspiration from several classics to bring about a fusion of old meets new. Compete for high scores and place among the leader boards. Your skills will be put to the test as you blast, punch, and stomp your way through this gore infused gauntlet as you tear your foes limb from limb.
In TENET your goal is to survive waves of enemies increasing over time in difficulty. Every series of waves end with a Boss Encounter, surviving the encounter enables you to meet the "Underworld Seer" to summon the "Pillar of Vis" which grants access to a powerful weapon upgrade or exchange to convert the current sessions collected "Runes" into "Purified Tokens" for purchasing higher quality upgrades and cosmetics in the "Player Profile".
Please note that the game is currently in Early Access which means this is not the final state of the game. Please read the Early Access notes above for more information about our current and future plans.
The USSR era is coming to its end – it is 1988.
The radio amateur catches a strange signal that emits incomprehensible noises. It is broadcast around the clock and only sometimes a human voice makes its way through the air. However, it is impossible to make out what the person is saying. The most mysterious thing, though, is related to the fact that according to the maps the place the signal is coming from does not exist. As a main character, you will have to uncover terrifying secrets about this enigmatic signal.
There is no weapon in the game. The protagonist does not know how to handle it. The most useful thing you have is a radio. With its help you can understand what is happening in this place. You choose the radio wave on your own in order to catch the desired signal, contact people, or simply listen to the radio of the USSR. There are a lot of moments in the game related to the use of the radio.
The story in Noise is not a typical faceless horror. We'd like to tell you an interesting yet sinister story in Stephen King's manner. The story will be rendered through conversations and thoughts of the protagonist as well as through the study of locations. Some details of the story can remain unnoticed if you don't study the locations carefully. The story is set in the USSR which gives it a peculiar flair.
The main antagonist of the story is the creature which is constantly wandering around, exploring the location the same way you do. It hunts you and reacts to your actions. If you turn on the light or use a flashlight, the creature will go and check what is happening. You need to try hard to hide from it because you cannot kill it. The creature sees nothing in the dark, so sometimes it will be enough to simply turn off the light and wait for a while.
The creature emits radio waves, so you can track it with your radio. We tried to implement the artificial intelligence system in the game, being inspired by the monster from the Alien film and game.
The creature is important to the story. It is no less important than the protagonist.
Re-live a dark and haunting tale in this fixed camera puzzle-horror game RE-miniscent of the first generation of survival horror games. Using both CCTV cameras and your upgradable RC surveillance unit, you have to keep your eyes and ears sharp in order to take photos and unearth a chilling event that unfolded years ago.
Monetized youtube videos and twitch streams are strongly encouraged! Share your videos in our community hub section!
Warning: This game contains flashing lights which may not be suitable for people with photosensitive epilepsy
A small percentage of users may experience a bug that causes the last photo taken to appear incorrectly. Possible causes are alt-tabbing out of game play, or clicking outside of the window in "windowed mode". If this happens, it's best to restart the game and load the last chapter closest to where the bug occurred in your play session. (Image of bug.)
Alien zombies have landed, and from their tripods they are overseeing the destruction of humanity!
Armed with your sniper rifle, a single EMP device for use as a last resort, and new time-control technology wrested from the invaders, your mission is to purify the zones that the resistance movement has identified as strategic!
But the aliens will soon realize what's happening and will try to destroy the purification device at all costs… You will have to stand against the hordes of mutants that they will throw into the fray in their attempt to destroy the device... and you with it. You will therefore be called on to risk your life to protect the purifier - the fate of humanity depends on it!
You must make careful use of your temporal module to briefly slow down time, and of your single emergency EMP device to destroy enemies in the zone, if you are to have any hope of surviving this apocalypse.
The operation to reconquer the planet has begun and now the time has come to send the invaders back to whatever hellhole they came from!
- A fast-paced game where success depends on your sniping abilities and level-headedness
- 8 different zones to protect if you are to save humanity
- Mutant zombies from space, out for your blood!
- Now go have some fun - after all, it's only the end of the world!
Special thanks to :
UI Master : Van Der Straeten James
Artist : Amanda Goengrich
49. Retro Sphere
Feeling of speed, love for a dizzying drive and devotion to retro is about you? Then, welcome to RETRO SPHERE!
RETRO SPHERE is a game in the genre Runner, made in an attractive style of neon colors and contrasting colors for dynamic and mesmerizing music. All this in the game with serious complexity and thousands of obstacles that will in every way get up on your way to the goal set by the game.
You have to overcome many really difficult levels in the role of a small sphere for the sake of the goal - to find a hotbed of contagion in the neon city and destroy it!
Each level has a unique atmosphere and dynamics, so you will not get bored in the game!
FAST, CHALLENGING ONLINE CO-OPTake control of a cyberdragon and annihilate swarms of rocket propelled chainsaws either online or via LAN in this high speed, high skill 8 player co-op twinstick shooter.DESIGN YOUR OWN WEAPONSHarvest components from the smoking wreckage of your enemies and construct a vast arsenal of crazy weaponry. Gatling laser guided rocket launchers, bear teleporters and singularity cannons are just the beginning. All this customization isn’t just for show, either. Different weapon and character builds allow for a huge range of effective playstyles.TACTICAL DEPTHThe space skeleton armada is cunning and merciless – flanking, sniping, cloaking and teleporting are just a few of the tricks the AI is capable of. However, if you learn their tactics you can use your enemies weapons against them. All attacks have full friendly fire, and exceptional players can annihilate entire fleets by tricking them into shooting each other.MASSIVE BOSSESAfter obliterating enough regular enemies, you’ll have to face down screen filling deathmachines like the Killdozer, Bullet Devil and Terror Fortress Omega.PRESS QUOTES"what’s interesting about the game: the variety of its enemies, the manner in which you can manipulate its AI, and that it has singleplayer as well as 8-player coop."
- Graham Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
"A beautiful shoot em up with super fast paced and challenging combat."
- Nick Puleo, Co-Optimus
"Want to be a teleporting, mine dropping, laser blade wielding cyberdragon? Or evasive and armed with railgun and chaingun? Or do you want to mind control enemy ships and use your laser like a tractor beam? All those playstyles are equally viable."
- Christian Valentin, Indie Game Enthusiast
"XenoRaptor is fantastic fun, it’s a well crafted top down space shooter, with an infusion of Dead Rising style, crazy weapon building. Highly Recommended."
"There's something delightfully absurd about a giant circular saw flying through space"
" Extremely responsive controls allow for precision accuracy, harrowing maneuvers, and a devastating outlay of firepower."
- Parker, Chalgyrs Game Room