The best games like Sonic CD are:
- arrow_rightHotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
- arrow_rightSonic Mania
- arrow_rightBloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- arrow_rightStreets of Rage 2
100 Best Games Like Sonic CD:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (37)
- PlayStation 4 (50)
- iOS (50)
- Android (35)
- macOS (97)
- Linux (67)
- Nintendo Switch (55)
- Nintendo 3DS (19)
- Nintendo DS (6)
- Xbox 360 (16)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (23)
- PlayStation 2 (6)
- PlayStation (8)
- PS Vita (14)
- PSP (5)
- Wii U (23)
- Wii (32)
- GameCube (2)
- Game Boy Advance (8)
- Game Boy Color (5)
- Game Boy (9)
- SNES (19)
- NES (13)
- Classic Macintosh (6)
- Apple II (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (26)
- Atari 7800 (1)
- Atari ST (14)
- Genesis (16)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- SEGA Master System (5)
- Dreamcast (2)
- 3DO (1)
- Game Gear (6)
Overcooked puts the player into the shoes of two restaurant chefs at once. Each level is a kitchen, and your goal is to cook a list of meals following the onscreen recipes. The time is limited, and there are restrictions on how much money the player can spend on the ingredients. The player controls two characters that can be switched at any time or ordered to do a list of actions.
The kitchens are often set in the oddball places, such as a pirate ship, two speeding trucks, a pedestrian crosswalk, or an iceberg. The level elements are dynamic and may move or change during the gameplay. Tables and ovens can slide, and the cooks can fall off the level, though they will respawn shortly.
There’s a story mode in which cooking is tied to the plot. The game is set in the Onion Kingdom that was attacked by an insatiable spaghetti monster. The chefs travel back in time to refine their cooking skills and feed the monster when it appears again.
Since even in the single mode the player has to control two cooks, the game predictably has a co-op multiplayer and a competitive mode in which the players try to “outcook” each other. Both modes, however, are local, and there’s no online multiplayer.
2. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong number is a sequel to Hotline Miami.
- There is a Cold war between the Soviet Union and the USA, which gradually turns into a hot war. In Hawaii, there are military operations. In the centre of the event, the squad "Ghost Wolves", which includes Dan Smith named "Beard", Jacket (the main character of the first part), and two soldiers. The United States, for this moment, are losing. The squad was ordered to capture the most dangerous Soviet zone.
As for the gameplay, a lot of details are borrowed from the first part, but unlike it, in the Wrong Number, there were levels of difficulty (classic and hard). The difficulty level unlocks after beating the game on classic difficulty. The difference is that all the levels are turned over, and contain more dangerous opponents.
The game has 13 playable characters. Each of them has their vision of the story, like Jacket and Biker in the original game. Masks from the first part appeared in the game again, and new masks that are giving new abilities were also added.
3. Sonic Mania
Experience the ultimate celebration of past and future in Sonic Mania, an all-new 2D Sonic adventure running at a crisp 60FPS with stunning HD retro-style graphics. Multiple playable characters give you the ability to go explosively fast as Sonic, soar as Tails, or power through tough obstacles with Knuckles’ brute strength. You can re-live the Sonic of the past with an exciting new twist on classic zones while fighting against new bosses and Dr. Eggman’s evil robot army. Go head to-head with players in Competition Mode or play in Co-Op Mode with a friend. Sonic Mania was developed by Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, and PagodaWest Games in collaboration with Sonic Team. Welcome to Sonic Mania!
You play as an adventurer known as a spelunker. The primary task is to explore the caves, collecting as many treasures as possible, avoid the traps of enemies.
A spelunker can whip or jump on opponents to defeat them, can pick up items from the ground that can be thrown at the enemy. You can also set various traps and use a limited supply of bombs and ropes to move through the caves. A notable feature is that the levels are randomly generated and grouped into four complexes "areas", each of which has a different set of items, enemies, terrain types and special functions.
The player may also encounter girls who are in difficulty. They can be taken away and attributed to the exit. If you successfully perform this action - health will be replenished. You can unlock the girl as a playable character; the gameplay is identical, except that, playing for her, you meet spelunkers on the way to salvation. Another aspect that can be unlocked - "Tunnel man", which is present the mattock instead of the whip.
Catherine is a platformer/visual novel developed by Atlus for PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2011.
The plot follows the adventures of Vincent Brooks, who is choosing between the two girlfriends — Katerine and Catherine with the opposite personalities. While making relationship choices throughout the daytime, Vinet is forced to participate in realistic nightmares at night. The setting of a title is two narratives folded one into another: on the outer layer, the game has TV-Show "The Midnight Versus" which tells the story of an inner layer — the adventures of "Catherine" world.
The gaming process consists of two stages, according to the protagonist's activities. While the ventures during the day resemble the usual visual novel mechanics: walking, listening to dialogues and watching cinematics pieces, the action gameplay reveals itself in the night. There Vincent has to climb a set of stairs by removing and climbing blocks to avoid traps. If he fails — the protagonist dies in real life.
The game journalists generally liked the game but were disappointed by the sexists and misogynistic stories found within it. The title obtained commercial success, and thus there is a remaster coming out for PS4 and Vita. The remaster was half-ready in late 2017.
6. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Bloodstained is an exploration-focused, side-scroller action RPG packing all of the best features you've come to know and love from the Metroidvania genre into a single, content-packed game.
Play as Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist’s curse which slowly crystallizes her body. In order to save herself, and indeed, all of humanity, she must battle her way through a demon-infested castle summoned by Gebel, her old friend whose body and mind has become more crystal than flesh.
WHAT'S IN THE GAME?
- Addictingly tight and satisfying gameplay alongside a rich new story in the gothic dark fantasy style of Koji Igarashi, the celebrated godfather of "Igavania" games.
- A game soundtrack by genre and industry veteran Michiru Yamane, performed by a full live orchestra ensemble.
- Story cut scenes and NPC interactions fully voice acted by a star-studded cast, including actors like David Hayter, Ray Chase and Erica Lindbeck to name just a few. (Seriously, we have a lot of voice acting star power in this game, it's kinda nuts...)
- A total of three playable characters, two of which have yet to be revealed...
- Literally a metric ton of weapons and spells, which you can upgrade, level up and visually customize.
- Beautiful 2.5D graphics: 3D models crafted with a lot of love and care on a 2D game environment. That means lots of cool tricks that "regular" 2D can't do...
We're going to be revealing the release window of the game very soon.
Expect a worryingly large amount of announcements and updates, everything from updating the look of this Steam page to the game in general. It's going to be one wild ride.
Skullgirls is a fighting game developed by Lab Zero and primarily published by Marvelous and Autumn Games. Since its initial release in 2012, it has received two free extensions, Skullgirls Encore and Skullgirls 2nd Encore and while its roster initially consisted of an all-female cast of 8 characters, 6 more characters were added, 5 being developed thanks to the game's Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, including 2 male characters. At its release, Skullgirls was developed by Reverge Labs, but the team that created the game split off from the company to form Lab Zero. In Japan, the game is published by Arc System Works. On Nintendo Switch, the game is published by Skybound Games.
Skullgirls takes place in the Canopy Kingdom, inspired by 1940s America, in which corruption and conflict runs rampant. Once every seven years, an artifact called the Skull Heart appears, granting the wish of one woman. However, if the Skull Heart is used by a woman with impure intentions, it will control her, turning her into a destructive monster called the Skullgirl. Not once has anyone used the Skull Heart without falling to its curse. The game follows the stories of 14 characters on their way to face the Skullgirl and retrieve the Heart, be it for the greater good or simply their own gain.
The game is a tribute to Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and its mechanics are intended as a more polished version of the classic fighting game title, with some original ideas. In a standard player vs. player match, each player controls one character out a chosen number of one to three characters which they can switch to at any time. They can also call their inactive characters to perform assist attacks. Like most Marvel vs. Capcom-inspired games, Skullgirls is fast-paced and features long, complex combos based on animation cancels. It introduces a burst system which allows players to break their opponent's combo if it becomes too long.
Skullgirls features a 'dark deco'-inspired art style mixed with some horror themes and a jazz and rock soundtrack consisting of 28 tracks. In 2013, the game set the Guinness World Record Gamer's Edition record for most average frames of animation per character in a video game, reaching 1,439 frames per character and 11,515 frames total for its initial eight-character roster.
In February 2013, Skullgirls came in second in a crowdfunding event organized by fighting game website Shoryuken to decide what would be the final game featured on the EVO 2013 line up, with all proceeds sent to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Skullgirls raised over $US 78,000. While it was not featured as an EVO main game, EVO organizers supported the game's side event by providing prize money and advertisement.
8. Streets of Rage 2
After Axel Stone, Blaze Fielding and Adam Hunter destroyed the evil Syndicate leader, Mr. X, the city became a peaceful place to live, and each one of them followed their own paths. One year later, after their reunion, Adam's brother Sammy returned from school to find their apartment in a mess, and Adam nowhere to be seen, and after calling his two friends, one of them notices a photo of Adam chained to a wall, next to someone they knew very well - Mr. X, who returned to turn the peaceful city once again into a war zone. Now, Axel, Blaze, Sammy, and Axel's good friend Max, a pro wrestler, must head out to stop Mr. X once again...hopefully for good...
Streets of Rage 2 differs from the previous title in several ways. There are changes in both graphics (characters now are bigger, more detailed and with more animation frames, and scenarios are less grainy) and gameplay (the rocket move was replaced by a special move that doubles in offense and defense along several new moves), along other new features such as life bars (and names) for all enemies and the radically different new characters.
Xeodrifter is a Metroid-like action game developed by Renegade Kid.
The Xeodrifter flies his ship in deep space. Unexpectedly, his ship gets hit by an asteroid and he has to crash-land on a nearby planet to repair the ship. He travels from planet to planet to acquire new parts required for the repair of the ship and going off the star system Xeodrifter got trapped in.
Xeodrifter is a typical Metroidvania game. It is a two-dimensional platforming game that features immense interconnected maps which feature distinctive rooms and sections. The players cannot travel the whole map at first, as some sections of it require a specific ability or equipment to be opened. Sometimes, such items are protected by a unique and powerful enemy that has to be defeated by the players.
In the case of Xeodrifter, the players travel from planet to planet to find the necessary replacement parts. Several planets will be closed off for the players at the beginning of the game as they will need specific items to unlock the ability to land on them.
Xeodrifter features a completely flat two-dimensional graphics with a heavy use of shadows and parallax effects. The game uses the same color palette as the original Metroid games. Several Retrowave elements were added to the game in the form of music.
10. Toki Tori
Toki Tori is a platformer puzzle game developed by Two Tribes.
You play as a tiny chicken named Toki Tori who accidentally falls out of a chicken coop. His brother and sisters fly in a mysterious castle. The tiny bird set out to find his family.
The players have to use a certain set of tools to get to all the chicken eggs in a certain amount of time. If the players misuse at least one tool, the level is rendered incompletable. Enemies are present in each level and the players have to avoid them.
The enemies follow simple patterns of walking back and forth. They turn around upon encountering an in-game object. If any enemy touches the protagonist, the level has to be restarted.
There are four worlds present in the game with fifteen levels in each. Tutorial levels are also available to the player. In order to unlock a new world, the player has to complete at least ten levels. The last five levels are much harder.
11. Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode I
The sequel fans have waited 16 years for is finally here - Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I! Featuring enhanced gameplay elements, including the classic Sonic Spin Dash, and the versatile Homing Attack, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I picks up right where Sonic and Knuckles™ left off. Dr. Eggman’s back, and in an effort to finally rid himself of Sonic, he revisits – and improves – the very best of his creations. Get ready for the next chapter in an all new epic 2D saga built for old and new fans alike.
12. Streets of Rage
Looting, random violence and destruction are rampant. Nobody is safe. Despite repeated refusals by their superiors, three young police officers were determined to tackle the problem head on. Eventually they created a special attack unit the only way they could – they quit the force. Take control of one of the three ex-officers and make the city a place where people no longer have to walk the Streets of Rage™!
13. Lost Castle
Lost Castle is a super cute, super hard action RPG with roguelike elements and randomized dungeons. Brimming with a host of hand drawn, humorous characters and environments that embrace retro action with modern twists.
In its glory days, Castle Harwood was the heart of a happy land governed by wise and virtuous nobles. But those days are long gone now. Calamity has befallen these lands, and wicked magics corrupt the castle and all that surrounds it. Demons have claimed this rotten place for their domain and even the might of the empire is thwarted by their dark army... and slowly, the corruption is spreading. Castle Harwood is lost.
Yet at the heart of this nightmare, something bright glimmers and fills the hearts of the mighty with the courage needed to invade the castle. The Lost Castle is filled with the treasure of the defeated Earl and it is the promise of riches that calls you. And maybe you can do some good, too.
- Randomly generated dungeons, items, enemies and bosses.
- Hardcore retro action inspired by classic beat ‘em ups.
- Gorgeous hand drawn characters and environments.
- 80+ items and 50+ potions with useful, dangerous or hilarious effects.
- 150+ weapons and more than 50+ sets of armor.
- Massive variety of skills and special attacks.
- Sacrifice dead heroes to gain new abilities. .
- Two players co-op.
The world of Salt hangs on the brink of collapse. The citizens, once free spirits, now stand oppressed and isolated. But not all is lost, for out of this aether of fear arises a heroine, a ray of hope. Her name is Dandara.
Welcome to a unique 2D metroidvania platformer full of mystical creatures and boundless exploration. Defy gravity as you jump across floors, walls, and ceilings alike. Discover the mysteries and secrets hidden throughout the world of Salt and its diverse array of characters. Empower Dandara for combat and survival against enemies bent on oppression.
Awaken, Dandara, to bring freedom and balance to this directionless world.
• INNOVATIVE CONTROLS - Built natively for both touchscreen and gamepad input, movement and combat interact smoothly and seamlessly.
• BOUNDLESS EXPLORATION - Traverse across the esoteric world of Salt through fast and fluid jumps off any surface, unhindered by gravity, in lovingly crafted environments.
• CHALLENGING PROGRESSION - Use a combination of speed & skill, wits & reflexes, to solve puzzles, earn powerups, and access areas previously unreachable.
• BEAUTIFUL AND IMMERSIVE WORLD - A visual and auditory wonderland comes to life through gorgeous handcrafted pixel art and original soundtrack compositions.
15. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
Disclaimer: If you own Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, you will NOT need to purchase Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment separately. This title is included with all versions of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is the action-packed prequel to Shovel Knight! Take control of Specter Knight, servant to the Enchantress, in a quest to recruit a cadre of knights and create the Order of No Quarter. With his scythe and preternatural agility at the ready, he can glide across the ground, clamber up walls, and command an arsenal of curious weapons.
If he carries out his duties, Specter Knight may have a chance at regaining his lost humanity and breaking his chains of servitude. But what cruel tricks might the Enchantress have up her sleeve?Features:
- Climb walls, leap over gaps, and dispatch enemies with the Dash Slash. Specter Knight’s playstyle brings motion and action to the forefront!
- Collect and upgrade curios to unleash all new special attacks.
- Test your scythe skills with Feats and Challenge Stages featuring boss rematches, platforming challenges, and more!
- Yacht Club Games' beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit.
- A somber tale told with a light touch to narrative with humor, levity, and heart.
- Awesome soundtrack by Jake "Virt" Kaufman!
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- Lovable characters and bosses!
- Take on a new challenge and uncover all of the world's secrets with New Game+!
16. Crossing Souls
It’s 1986 in California. A group of friends discover a mysterious pink stone that allows to travel between two realms. This gang will live the summer of their lives in an adventure that will get them involved in a government conspiracy. Control five kids with specials skills while fighting and solving puzzles in order to save their families and the world.
Crossing Souls is an action-adventure with RPG touches set in a pixeled California. Control five characters: Chris, Matt, Charlie, Big Joe and Kevin. Each one has unique skills and their own combat style. Fight in real-time combats, solve diverse puzzles, beat powerful bosses and play special levels inspired by 80’s arcade videogames. As the game progresses you can unlock new items and abilities that will be helpful for this world-saving adventure. Fights and puzzles will become more difficult, so you’d better have a well-planned strategy.
Feel the eighties - Do you feel that? Do you smell that? Yeah, it's the eighties. A story set in 1986 full of references such as The Goonies, Gremlins, Back to the Future and many more.
Do you like Cartoons? - The cutscenes are inspired by 80's cartoons, totally original and never seen before in a videogame.
Why is this happening? - Be part of a journey between two realms, two realities: life and death. The story includes a government conspiracy, thousand-year-old characters, cowboys, pirates, ice cream, pizza, cheeseburgers, basketball… well, you got it.
This music rocks! - An original score that includes tracks inspired by John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith as well as radical Synth-Pop in the purest 80’s style. Play as if it was one of your favorite movies!
Ready? Fight! - You can kick multiple enemies in the ass stylishly. Fight against street gangs, a secret army, dead monsters, creepy ghosts and many more in frantic real-time combats where a good strategy will be essential to win. Main characters have unique talents and aptitudes.
17. Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode II
The Sonic 4 Saga continues in Episode II with the return of a beloved side kick and fan-favorite villains!
Following the events of Episode I, Metal Sonic has returned to form an alliance with Dr. Eggman! To face this new evil, Sonic will have to call upon an old friend to help him save the day! Now joined by Tails, race across four new Zones and take down fearsome new badniks with deadly combination moves in order to put an end to this dastardly duo’s plans!
Experience the Sonic 4 saga as never before with the addition of a brand new engine; bringing you gameplay with updated physics and zones in stunning HD graphics! Also new to Episode II is the addition of online/local collaborative play where players can team up with a friend to take control of Sonic and Tails as they battle against Dr. Eggman!
BONUS! Owners of both Episode I & Episode II will unlock Episode Metal! Play as Sonic’s greatest rival in this exclusive zone and experience the untold story behind Metal Sonic’s revival!
18. PAC-MAN 256
PAC-MAN 256 is the maze that never ends. But the Glitch is coming for you…
- Challenge your friends with local co-op multiplayer mode, up to 4 players
- Waka waka on PAC-DOTS and stay ahead of the super-villain: The Glitch
- Take on a new gang of revived retro-ghosts including Sue, Funky, and Spunky
- Outsmart them with over 20 ridiculous power ups: Laser, Tornado, Giant and much more
- Spice up your game with 10 different themes
Cherries are red
Ghosts are blue
Munch a power pellet
Get Lasers too!
19. Freedom Planet
Freedom Planet is a combat-based platform adventure that pits a spunky dragon girl and her friends against an alien attack force. There's trouble around every turn, from insects to giant robots to sheer explosive destruction, but you'll have a variety of special fighting abilities to blast your way through each stage.
As Lilac, you can use Dragon powers to whip enemies with your hair, spin like a cyclone, or fly through the air at high speed like a comet.
As Carol, you can bust through foes with a flurry of punches and kicks or summon motorcycles that let you ride up walls and ceilings.
Do you have what it takes save Avalice? Try the demo and see for yourself!
- Dash across the celestial world of Avalice with boosts, bikes and other high-speed gimmicks to achieve the fastest time
- Explore at your own pace to find hidden paths and treasures and collect as many crystals as possible
- Help Lilac and friends save their world from war in an engaging Adventure mode with fully voiced cutscenes
- Zoom through the stages without interruption or dialog with Classic mode
- Battle tons of quirky boss enemies including giant robots, towering alien creatures and aggressive rivals
- Discover five elemental shields that reflect specific attacks and provide cool benefits
- Unlock special bonuses, including mini-games, achievements, artwork and music
20. Sonic Lost World
In his latest plot to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, when the Deadly Six rise up against their new master, Sonic must unite with his arch nemesis Eggman and explore the mystical Lost Hex in order to take them on head-to-head. Use Sonic’s amazing new moves & incredible Colour Powers to speed across a variety of unique terrains, racing inside, outside & upside down in every level.NEW MOVES
Sonic moves like never before. Vault over obstacles, free run up & along walls & sky dive between islands at lightning speed. Plus the Spin Dash is back!COLOUR POWERS
New & improved Colour Powers. Sonic can now fly through the air, tear up levels & explode into enemies. He’s more powerful than ever!NEW WORLD
Speed through a variety of exhilarating levels. Explore massive mind-bending courses, vast underground tunnels & colossal structures in the sky as you run inside, outside & upside down.BOSS BATTLES
Save the world one fight at a time. Take on each of the devious Deadly Six in dynamic boss battles which test all of Sonic’s moves & power-ups.NiGHTMARE ZONE DLC Included
Includes NiGHTMARE Zone DLC free - featuring monsters inspired by the hit game 'NiGHTS into Dreams'PLUS – Now with new and improved PC Features:
60 FPS gameplay
HD resolution support
Full PC Gamepad + Keyboard support
Full Steam functionality
21. Extreme Exorcism
Extreme Exorcism is a paranormal platformer where every move you make comes back to haunt you.
Take on the role of Mae Barrons; an Extreme Exorcist with extreme measures. Her supernatural skills are called upon when everything and everyone else has failed to rid a haunted house of its ghostly presence.
Conventional methods won’t cut it with these ghosts. Instead, Mae comes armed with a deadly arsenal of ghost-busting weapons, from rocket launchers to razor sharp boomerangs.
But these aren’t your average poltergeists. At the end of each round, a ghost appears and mimics your every move from the round before. The longer you survive the more extreme the game becomes.
Engage in non-stop ghost annihilation in 10 eerie areas of the haunted house – each room presenting its own hellish hazard. Brave the winds on the balcony and the fire in the kitchen, surviving for as long as you can.
With a devilish local multiplayer – you can play co-op or deathmatch modes with up to 3 of your friends, and with 50 unique challenges even the most daring Extreme Exorcist will be put to the test.
22. Canyon Capers
Canyon Capers is a 2D platformer game.
The main character, DinoJr, is out on a quest of exploring different dungeons, canyons, and caves and hunting for great treasures hidden there. Other characters are unlockable through playing, with their unique traits and different approaches to each level. The levels in the game vary in goals and activities, wherein some there is a time limit to complete the run, while in others the player has to score some points by collecting trophies and defeating enemies.
The game follows a pattern set by the classic retro platformers: the player controls a character who can jump, get rid of enemies by landing on top of them and collect different upgrades. While at that, the game offers different challenges in the form of puzzles to solve and 50 different levels with progressing difficulty. Various types of enemies and dangerous traps await at each map, but the player can restore his progress after dying - the character respawns at the last haven.
Visuals and other features
As mentioned before, the game aims at giving its players the feeling of playing a retro platformer. Thus, the graphics are very cartoon-like, with characters having a simple, yet excellent and loveable design, and the backgrounds and other textures having much detail and work into them. The game also has a variety of achievements to obtain, as well as Steam Marketplace integration with a plethora of Steam Cards awarded for playing the game and completing some achievements.
- Zip around with your mighty hookshot! Aim freely and toss your giant anchor at golden rings to propel yourself around the levels at high speeds, giving you the agility and swiftness needed to dodge hazards and enemy bullets.
- Shoot in 360’ through your Blasma Pistol! Take down all sorts of enemies with fresh hot bullets!
- Look really cool with slow-motion powers! Slow down time to adjust your aim or pull off a tight stunt - do it often, it recharges real quickly and it makes you at least 200% cooler.
- Blast through randomly-assembled pirate spaceships! Each level is special, as ships are procedurally built from hundreds of hand-crafted rooms, modified by various variants, filled with extraordinary treasure and populated by random waves of enemies.
- Hunt down the pirate lords of the Cluster Clan! Feed your compass creature to pinpoint the bosses’ location, then take them down and bring your bounty home. Your rivals are no space chumps, make sure you’re ready for the challenge!
- Collect rare relics and powerful perk cards! All the treasure you loot builds up your legend - unlock new equippable perks as you level up, buy permanent upgrades in the Black Market, and hoard collectible relics and lore pages!
- Uncover some mysterious secrets?! I don’t know, are there secrets in this game? O_O
Already a big fan? Get the Deluxe Edition for some extra loot!
Includes: the Game itself, Soundtrack, the Artbook and a Wallpaper set!
- 23-track Soundtrack by Patrice Bourgeault
- 100+ pages Artbook featuring character design, concept art, storyboards, illustrations, sketches and more!
- 4K Wallpaper collection - 16 wallpapers featuring Flinthook, the Giant Anchor, the Devil, Sirens, space and anchor patterns!
24. Flashback (2013)
20 years after the original game’s launch, Conrad is enlisted back to active service for the triumphant return of one of the most acclaimed franchises in gaming history.
It’s not a reboot. It’s Flashback re-imagined. The original Core-Team revamped their own creation, leveraging the best of today’s technology while remaining true to the classic side-scroller that set the standards of the genre in the 90’s.Key Features
One of the best adventure-action games ever created re-imagined by its creators. It’s the same team. It’s the same passion. Only this time, they have had much more firepower at their disposal to recreate the legendary classic!
Gorgeous graphics, amazing animations. It’s the Flashback you’ve always dreamed of. True to the original spirit but made a million times better by using modern engines such as Unreal and Havok. The makeover is completely stunning.
It’s all about Gameplay. The team modernized gameplay mechanics, making the game more reactive, offering new features, like gadgets and an experience progression system. But the developers kept the original formula in mind: a fine balance between rolling and shooting, exploring remote space stations and obliterating hostile alien planets.
Bringing back new memories. The story was revamped to speak to 21st century gamers. Most of the cast of the original game is still here – Conrad, the Morphs – but you can expect new characters and a few twists you’re definitely not going to forget… this time.
If you like roguelikes or Mega Man, 20XX is for you!
20XX is a roguelike action platformer that you can play with a friend. Jump and shoot your way through ever-changing levels, collect awesome new powers, and battle mighty bosses in the name of saving the human race maybe!
20XX also features full co-op. Play with a friend on the couch or over the interwebs!
20XX supports 1-2 players locally or online via Steam. (Online play is 90% stable at this time.)
Crisp, precise controls - do exactly what you want your character to!
Over 100 mighty powerups to collect!
Tons of different play modes and optional difficulty modifiers!
Seeded Daily and Weekly Challenges!
All gameplay features available in both single player and co-op! (online or local)
Random levels: each time you play 20XX, the stages you play through will be brand new!
Permanent death: each 20XX playthrough is a self-contained life! Death sends you back to HQ, where you can buy powerful upgrades for future runs. (There's also a Reverent Mode where you get three lives to make it through the game instead of one.)
Persistent Upgrades: as you play 20XX, you'll earn Soul Chips, which unlock powerful Permanent Upgrades and expand the pool of items that can you can find as you play!
26. Mega Man X Legacy Collection
The celebrated Mega Man X series returns! Play as Mega Man X – the powerful successor of classic fighting robot Mega Man – as he battles a variety of deadly bosses known as Mavericks in four hit titles. Mega Man X Legacy Collection includes the legendary 16-bit titles and the series' exciting foray into the 32-bit era: Mega Man X, Mega Man X2, Mega Man X3, and Mega Man X4. The heroic robot grows stronger as he takes down Mavericks and steals their weapons, and can dash and wall jump making for a thrilling, fast-paced combat experience.
Mega Man X Legacy Collection comes with an armory of new features. Test your skills in the new X Challenge mode, which pits players against two deadly bosses in two-on-one battles. Explore a huge museum filled with rare production art, catalogs of classic merchandise, a playlist of nostalgic commercials, and more.
Categories in common with Mega Man X Legacy Collection: Action
27. Mutant Mudds Deluxe
Love pixels? Fond of platformers? Is there a special place in your heart for the 8-bit and 16-bit era? Want to have fun? Yes!? Well, you’ve come to the right place, my friend. Mutant Mudds Deluxe is a “12-bit” action platformer full of pixels and platforming fun!
Our hero, Max, may be just a 2D sprite, but he can leap into the third dimension by jetting between the background and the foreground playfields with his trusty jetpack in this unique dimensionally-woven experience.
Armed with a heavy-duty water cannon, Max has what he needs to vanquish his long-term nemesis: the Mutant Mudds. Max must blast and hover his way across the soiled landscape to seek out mysterious Water Sprites. Legend says collecting all of the mysterious Water Sprites will wash the filthy Mutant Mudds away for good!Key Features
80 hard-as-steel levels spanning across 5 pixelated worlds and 9 neo-retro art themes!
Jet between three 2D playfields and enjoy lovely depth-of-field blur effects – an eyeball treat.
Obtain power-ups from Grannie's Attic to gain access to secret level doorways!
20 ghoulish ghost levels where the rules are turned upside down + spectral power-up.
Unlock Grannie and other playable characters to harness the tri-power of all power-ups!
Steam leader boards show the best level completion times from around the world.
Includes 20 lip-smacking delicious ‘Grannie’ levels, specifically designed for veteran players!
Steam achievements earn you pride and bragging rights, while sharpening your skills.
Dozens of foot-stomping and booty-groovin’ chip-tune music tracks to snap your fingers to!
28. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Several years after the end of the Second War, multiple branches of the Librarium reputed to command a force as powerful as an entire nation’s army were suddenly and utterly destroyed. Inexplicably, the hidden cauldrons within each branch were also completely decimated. The few survivors spoke in hushed, shaken tones of a single man who had
appeared out of nowhere, cutting down all in his path.
Main Game Features
Expanded Character Roster: In addition to the downloadable characters offered for the previous entry in the series (Makoto, Valkenhyn, and Platinum the Trinity), EXTEND introduces Relius Clover, the mad puppeteer and Carl's father, as a playable character. Master a whole new way of fighting with Relius as he uses his marionette, Ignis, to turn the tide of battle.
Enhanced Story Mode: Relive and rediscover the events that took place in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger or venture forth into one of four all new story scenarios!
New and Revised Game Modes: Take on the strongest of foes in Unlimited Mars Mode or fight your way to the bottom of Abyss Mode!
Fully Revised Combat System: All characters, new and old, have been thoroughly rebalanced and armed with all new strategies and combos to take your game to the top!
Improved Online Multiplayer: Battle it out in BlazBlue’s acclaimed online mode with all new multiplayer features, such as online team battles!
SynopsisSlime-san was minding his own business, sliming around in a peaceful forest when suddenly…A giant worm appeared and gobbled him up!
Now deep within the worm’s belly, Slime-san has to face a decision: Be digested by the incoming wall of stomach acid... Or jump, slide and slime his way through the worms intestines and back out its mouth!
FeaturesIncredibly fast-paced and twitch-timing platforming madness!
No time to stay still as you are chased by a wall of acid at every corner! Run, run, run!
Being a slime has its perks. Slime your way through cracked walls and surfaces!
Bust through brittle obstacles or tense situations with a speedy dash move.
Slime to slow time, dash to speed it up. Feel like an absolute badass with pixel precise maneuvers!
A game filled with content: 100 levels made out of 400 rooms combined with 100 newgame+ levels totaling to a staggering 200 levels and 800 rooms!
Collect partially-digested apples to unlock different play styles, outfits, shaders and mini games!
Unlock competitive multiplayer arcade games that recalls titles of the past!
Get your shopping done in a town of survivors within the worm, home to colorful characters and surprising secrets.
Each level is timed with online rankings, for the competitive and score-oriented.
Unlock extra game modes like New Game+, Speed Running and Boss Rush modes!
Get engrossed in a flexible, 5 colored, pixelated world…found… within… the worm?
Adhesive Wombat, Tiasu, MegaNeko, Kommissar, Richard Gould... Over 10 composers contributed with over 20 songs for a chiptune album that you can't help but groove out to!
Blackbird's KrakenThis version comes bundled with the Blackbird's Kraken downloadable content!HistorySlime-san is the third major game developed by Fabraz. The two previous titles being Planet Diver and Cannon Crasha. Slime-san is a game that is fun down to its very core. A silly story, with an unlikely character and gameplay that is addictively fast. It offers hours of single player content yet is tailored for speed runners as well. The very core mechanics and level design lend themselves to be played competitively online. It is a visually unique adventure using a carefully crafted, 5 color palette world that is filled with fun and goofy Japanese references. It also has a soundtrack that is worth the price alone, featuring some of the most popular chiptune composers in the world! Published by Headup Games.
30. Oniken: Unstoppable Edition
When a global war nearly decimated humankind, an evil military organization called Oniken takes advantage of the situation to dominate and oppress the few remaining survivors. Even though any resistance to this organization seemed hopeless, a small rebel movement organizes strikes against Oniken. One day, a ninja mercenary named Zaku offers his services to the resistance for unknown reasons. His moves are lethal and now he is the resistance's only hope.
Oniken is an action platform game highly inspired by the 1980's, its games and its movies. You can see this not only in the graphics and sound design, but also in Oniken's story and difficulty.
Don't Worry, You Will Die A Lot Of Times.
Every copy of Oniken comes with digital versions of the game manual and the original soundtrack.Features
Graphics, sounds and difficulty from the 8-bit era
Over 18 boss fights
Six missions, three stages each
An extra mission after you beat the game
Boss rush mode
Not difficult enough? Try the new HARDCORE MODE
Full pixelated violence
31. Blaster Master Zero
Mutant scum never learn! Blaster Master Zero makes its Steam debut!
Blaster Master Zero is a 8-bit style top-down & sideview 2D action-adventure game that hearkens back to the golden age of the NES.
This game was created using the original 1988 title "Blaster Master" from Sunsoft as a base, with the addition of new areas and bosses, new gameplay elements such as extra sub-weapons, improved gameplay, a more robust scenario, refined and expanded exploration mechanics, and more.
・On the sideview maps, take control of the battle tank SOPHIA III and explore your surroundings as you search for the entrance to the dungeon where the area's boss lurks.
・Once you find a dungeon entrance, exit SOPHIA III and make your way inside as the hero Jason and take on the mutants that dwell within in top-down mode.
・Defeat the mid-bosses and area bosses to acquire new items, sub-weapons, upgrades to SOPHIA III and Jason's equipment, and new abilities and maneuvers that allow SOPHIA III to access new areas.
・Player 2 can provide support for Player 1 as they traverse through the game in the co-op multiplayer mode.
Categories in common with Blaster Master Zero: Action
32. River City Ransom: Underground
One of the best beat'em ups of the NES era is back!
Many years after vanquishing Slick on the school rooftop, Alex and Ryan must take to the streets again. Help a new crop of fighters defeat the hordes of River City, and clear their name in a sinister kidnapping plot. You'll earn money, unlock moves, and upgrade your skills in a sprawling city on the brink of total chaos. This modern take on an old classic features over 500 unique street fighting moves, dozens of weapons, secrets galore, and a bonus arena fighting mode.
- Online co-op and arena death match for up to 4 players
- A new chapter in the River City universe
- Unlock 10 playable heroes in the story campaign, each with their own fighting style
- 140 levels to explore, complete with hazards and secrets
- 22 shops to upgrade your characters
- Arena multiplayer combat mode features team selection, modifier modes, and CPU partners
- Play as hero or villain in intense arena combat: can you unlock all 44 fighters?
33. Bomb Chicken
Who doesn’t love chicken… especially when it’s smothered in delicious
blue hot sauce? After a freak accident, a seemingly ordinary chicken
becomes a bomb laying free range hero. Explore the versatile mechanic of
laying bombs in this explosive exploration platformer.
Lay stacks of explosives to reach impossibly high places.
Kick Bombs to take out staff and deadly native wildlife.
Bounce your bombs through impassable areas and even around corners!
Use your bombs as a handy weight.
Create a barricade and shield enemy attacks.
Dig and destroy to uncover secret areas
Set things on fire and watch them burn!
Discover the darkest kept secret of the fast food giant known as BFC,
their bestselling addictive blue hot sauce, and answer the ultimate
question: Which came first the chicken or the bomb?
Super simple controls anyone can play.
Gorgeous pixel art from the award-winning studio at Nitrome Ltd.
Bombs and HD rumble are a match made in heaven.
34. Judge Dredd
In the 3rd millennium, Earth has become an uninhabitable wasteland. Humanity resides in huge Mega-Cities, where the traditional justice system has been replaced by a corps of Judges whose role combines those of police officer, judge, jury, and executioner.
The most celebrated and decorated Judge, Joseph Dredd, is dedicated to meting out justice wherever, and whenever he can.
Help Dredd fight his way through the dark streets and alleys of the city, to apprehend the rogue Judge Rico, and to do final battle with the Dark Judges on Deadworld.
- Classic 2D Sidescrolling action
- Judge and execute your perps on the spot, or wound them and take them into custody with Dredd's Lawgiver
- 12 levels, and up to 30 missions with super bosses at each turn
- Lots of secret bonuses and power-ups
35. Gold Rush! Classic
Gold Rush! takes you back to the year 1849, when gold was discovered in California. It was certainly one of the most exciting times in American history. Gold Rush! includes the three routes tens of thousands took to the gold regions. Become Jerrod Wilson and experience each trek as you travel from New York to California.
Whichever route you decide to take, you will see many historical sights. Try going overland across the Great Plains and huge mountain ranges, crossing the Isthmus of Panama, or rounding Cape Horn on the tip of South America. If you survive and arrive at Sutter’s Fort, the adventure is still only half over! Many other puzzles remain to be solved before you achieve your goals in California.
Experience the classic style of the original game, which delighted millions of gamers in the eighties. Gold Rush! is automatically installed and configured to run on all modern Windows systems, via DOSBox.Features:
- Unique art design causes you to travel back to the middle of the 19th Century
- Three different western routes (3 adventures in one game)
- Parser interface
- Historical map of the three routes
- Original User’s Guide
- Unpublished original concept drawings of the developer from the 80s
- Compatible operating systems: Windows XP to Windows 8 with the help of DOSBox
36. Hover: Revolt Of Gamers
Hover: Revolt of Gamers is a fast-paced single and multiplayer Parkour game in a futuristic 3D Open World.
The game takes place in ECP17, a high-tech city also called Hover City by its inhabitants and located on a distant planet. The Great Admin cut the communication with the Galactic Union and established a strong dictatorship. Having fun has become illegal and entertainment is banished.
You're in charge of a team of young rebels, the Gamers, fighting against the new anti-leisure laws oppressing the city. Equipped with high-tech gears allowing amazing jumps and speed, they roam the city to sabotage the propaganda, help citizens, and find a way to reach the Orbital Station. This way they could warn the Galactic Union and put an end to the oppression.
Hover: Revolt of Gamers is both a single and multiplayer experience. At any time you can instantly switch from offline to online mode and join your friends or players from around the world and progress through the adventure by cooperating or playing against them. No matter where you are and what you’re doing, you’ll be able to connect. Hover: Revolt of Gamers is also a community-driven game offering many tools to players to create missions or mini games.
- An Amazing CityHover City is a huge futuristic colorful city. Its buildings offer breathtaking vertical playgrounds.
- Full Open WorldExperience total freedom. Explore the city from its skyline to the underground while doing “parkour”, tricks and high-speed races.
- Build Your Team10 playable characters are available to unlock. Improve their skills to create the perfect team. You can also customize their colors.
- Various GameplaysThe core action is based on nervous races and amazing tricks but the game also offers many alternative ways to play from stealth missions to sport matches with friends.
- Choose Your ExperienceInstantly switch from single to multiplayer, whenever you want. Play first or third person or activate the auto camera that mixes both and offers you a dynamic experience.
- Create Your Own ChallengesWithout leaving the game, use a very simple editor to create your own challenges playable solo or multiplayer.
- Crazy MovementsEquipped with high-tech suits, gamers are able to run at crazy speed, slide, bounce, push off walls and realize incredible jumps. As many ways to play with the City's verticality and escape the police.
- Tricks and CombosDemonstrate your skills by realizing grinds and crazy tricks and prove you are worthy to become one of the Resistance's leaders. During a multiplayer mission, realize incredible combos to generate Stunning Auras which will lower your opponents' moral and boost your allies' statistics.
- Experience, Skill Grid and ChipsGain experience and unlock chips that improve the aptitudes of your Gamers. You can trade your spare chips in order to get better ones through the E-Swap trading system.
- Online MultiplayerJoin your friends online at any time and continue the adventure together, whether you are cooperating or working against them. Participate in race, events or scoring battles created in real time by the community.
37. One More Dungeon
One More Dungeon is a first person shooter roguelike with procedurally generated levels and pixel-art graphics. Being a nameless adventure seeker, you have to get to the final level of the dungeon and destroy the obelisks, which is being used by forces of Evil to invade the world. Use a melee weapon, magic staffs, and antique artefacts, to burst way through the hordes of enemies inhabiting a few game areas.
- Fusion of old school FPS and Roguelike games.
- Procedurally generated levels.
- 30+ types of enemies and 80+ items.
- Parallel universe with manually created locations.
- Sanity level, reduced by using of artefacts.
- Set of mutators, selected before the game started and modifying the gameplay.
38. Darkestville Castle
Like any decent demon Cid spends his nights performing all kind of evil deeds to the peaceful people of Darkestville. Little does he know that his old arch enemy is about to change his life forever.
Live the adventure of Cid, the demon of Darkestville, a laid-back being of pure darkness that will see his evil routine life disrupted by The Romero brothers, a group of demon hunters hired by Dan Teapot, Cid’s arch enemy. Follow CId through an epic quest full of danger, intrigue, and ridiculous premises.
The game pays tribute to late 90’s point-and-click adventure games, featuring fascinating fairy-tale story and trendy visuals in Tim Burton’s style. It delivers more than 7 hours of truly enjoyable gameplay to both old and new generations. Dive into the unforgettable good old-fashioned atmosphere of classic adventure games and meet dozens of funny characters living in this amazing hand-painted world of Darkestville Castle.
• Point-and-click adventure classics in the same vein as Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle
• Lots of Tim Burton-esque gallows humor
• Funny characters and charismatic protagonist
• Dozens of carefully designed levels
• Quirky and trendy visuals
• Numerous puzzles
• Captivating story
• More than 7 hours of exciting gameplay
• Violence, horror and death-free adventure for all ages
• This Game has been awarded with an INDIE PRIZE as the BEST GAME NARRATIVE
Cosmonautica is a quirky and unique blend of space trading and crew simulation.
Cast off! Are you ready for some hilarious adventures in outer space?
Start by boarding a washed-up space cruiser and fulfill your destiny as an aspiring captain on the hunt for fame and fortune. Cosmonautica combines elements of space trading and crew simulation to create a unique experience. Only if you take good care of your crew you will be able to succeed.
Do you have what it takes to become the best trader, smuggler, pirate or even space taxi? It’s your choice!
- Simulated Galaxy - Cosmonautica offers a detailed and amusing trading simulation gameplay that challenges you among others with pirate attacks, diverse quests and unique crew members. Explore a dynamic and procedurally generated galaxy. Every game is different!
- Crew Management - Sign up to eight exceptional and lovable crew members to create a ragtag team of the universe’s best and brightest. Take care of your crew and promote them to reach their full potential. Only if they fit together well and are satisfied, you are able to get the optimum out of your space ship.
- Elaborate Trading Simulation - Trade a bevy of goods, including some rare and illegal stuff, with fellow space merchants while exploring the solar systems. Explore the galaxy and pursue intergalactic trading over many solar systems - each with it’s own traits.
- Lively Story & World - Meet unique characters while you embark on a campaign to unveil the secret of a container and the mysterious past of your board A.I. N1L. Or just roam freely through the galaxy in sandbox mode.
- One-of-a-Kind Ships - Choose from a range of ship types, equip your vessel with upgradeable rooms and customize your ship's appearance for even more individuality.
- Exciting Space Battles - Command demanding space clashes against enemy ships with crafty maneuvers and tactical actions during encounters. Directly attack or outsmart your enemies by using your hacker’s ability. Or pick the peaceful route and choose diplomacy.
- Cross-Platform Play - Cosmonautica supports cross-platform saved games, which will allow you to play the same game on PC and take it on the go with your tablet or other suited devices.
"Zappy gameplay mix between trading, fighting and crew management. Cosmonautica is different than other space simulations. Ludicrous."
- PC Games (Germany)
"When we think about interstellar travel, our minds often go straight to intense battles with alien warships, exploration of hostile worlds, or cunning diplomacy. We often forget that between all of the action, our heroes still need to eat, sleep, bathe, and take some private meditation time (this is code for pooping)."
"I’ve had a brief dabble with an early build of the Stuttgart-built indie game, and it’s exactly what the ‘Elite meets life sim’ beermat description suggests."
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun
We’re Chasing Carrots, a small indie developer based in Stuttgart, Germany and after our first game “Pressure” we’re putting the steering wheel and earthly restrictions aside and give you the freedom of the endless space.
40. The Eternal Castle [REMASTERED]
The Eternal Castle [REMASTERED] is an ambitious attempt to modernize an old classic in order to keep its memory alive. Through detailed research and hard work, the production team tried to expand the experience while keeping the same 'feel' and emotional flow of the original masterpiece from 1987.
[message:start]YEAR 2XXX - BEFORE THE FALL OF THE CYBER-NET SOCIETY EXTRA TERRESTRIAL HUMAN COLONIZATION UNITS WERE ABLE TO CONSTRUCT PARALLEL SURVIVAL FACILITIES AROUND THEIR ROOT PLANET IN ORDER TO REESTABLISH A SELF SUFFICIENT ECOSYSTEM IN SPACE THE PROCEDURE WAS DISCONTINUED BY NUMEROUS TERRORIST ATTACKS TO THE MAIN CORE SERVERS AFTER COUNTLESS GLOBAL WARS ALL SYSTEMS GOT SHUT DOWN AND THE PROCEDURE WAS NEVER AGAIN RESUMED POLLUTED WATERS CLIMATE CHANGE RADIOACTIVE WARFARE AND ABSENCE OF RESOURCES CAUSED THE MAJORITY OF THE REMAINING HUMANS TO DECEASE THE LAST COLONIZATION UNITS IN SPACE WERE ABLE TO SURVIVE FOR SEVERAL YEARS BEFORE EXTINGUISHING MOST OF THE REMAINING RESOURCES NEEDED FOR SURVIVAL SCAVENGER UNITS WERE SENT BACK TO EARTH TO GATHER MATERIALS IN ORDER TO RESTORE THE SELF-SUFFICIENT ECOSYSTEM FACILITIES AND CONTINUE THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL COLONIZATION PROCEDURE ONE OF THE UNITS WAS SENT BACK TO EARTH BUT THE UNIT NEVER RETURNED IT'S BEEN TOO LONG SINCE THE LAST TIME I WAS IN TOUCH WITH HER I KNOW SHE IS IN DANGER AND I KNOW SHE NEEDS MY HELP GOING BACK THERE BY MY OWN IS A SUICIDE MISSION BUT I HAVE NO CHOICE LEFT EITHER I GO, OR SHE DIES[\message:end]
Enjoy the atmosphere or speedrun through a post-AI fallout packed with challenges Meditate, Predict, and Wake up, in the eternal dream with Adam or Eve Fight your way through the Ancient Ruins Shoot your way through the Forgotten City Sneak by monsters in the Unholy Lab Enter the Eternal Castle Collect all 4 GLIDERS to power up your ship: Use up to 10 different weapons: Unlock up to 10 different items: Find all missing FRAGMENTS to get back home: Repeat the dream for as many times as you can before reaching the end.
41. Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls
Part human, part oni, golem and harpy! The list goes on and on! Born in a lab, Chelshia the chimera is the world's first synthetic monster girl. When her monster inhabited island home is threatened by a band of looting pirates, she springs into action to save the day!
Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls is your premiere monster girl beat-em-up platformer experience! Use Suits & Sandals' patented (not actually patented) GIANT STONE FIST technology to punch your way through hordes of monster-pirates to reclaim your home's stolen treasure.
Find upgrades, collect collectables and solve problems with your fists! Play the game at your own pace in story mode or go for the best time in a marathon-style race mode!
- 24 built-in achievements offer praise for completing tasks.
- Race mode lets you compete for the best time against the community!
- Xinput and direct input compatibility makes sure all your USB controllers work!
43. Terrian Saga: KR-17
Within the galaxy on the Carina arm live twin solar systems riddled with conflict: the Terrius system and his brother, the Cyrinus system. These two empires travel so closely together they share multiple planets within their gravitational complex. However, the Cyrians have become embroiled in an interplanetary conflict with the Glortac People’s Resistance. Terrius has begun building military installations in order to better help combat the threat of the GPR. One of these bases, built on the planet Valiant, has been sabotaged. A terrorist has released thousands of killer robots on the Valiant base, destroying all personnel. The Terrius military has determined that this terrorist may have contacts with the GPR. Due to the risk of one of their most powerful military installations and armory falling into the hands of the GPR, Terrius has sent a strike force of 100 advanced KR drones to destroy these evil robots and restore order to the base- all before Valiant makes it’s swing into the Cyrinus system.Features
- Adventure across 65 boards spread over 9 themed zones
- Test your mettle against 8 deadly bosses
- Fire and guide J1M to take out hard to reach enemies, blast open new passages and explore
- Receive important updates and explore the relationship between KR-17 and J1M with in-level dialogue
- Collect Gears, find hidden jetpacks, and race the clock to climb the Steam leaderboards
- Experience varied level design: play through non-linear levels that encourage exploration, along with high intensity action platforming sequences
- Earn Steam Achievements that unlock alterations to your character
44. The Great Perhaps
The Great Perhaps tells the story of an astronaut returning to Earth destroyed by natural cataclysms.
There, among the ruins he finds an unusual artifact — an old lantern, in the light of which you can see glimpses of another time and travel to the past.
Experience constant time traveling between an empty, melancholic scenery of the post-apocalyptic Earth and its vivid days gone by.
The hero will face the danger in the post-apocalyptic present, as well as in the past. Help him on his journey to find out the true cause of the disaster and save the planet!
Challenging puzzles and mini-games based around time travel
Experience the gripping atmosphere of a post-apocalyptic world based on Soviet aesthetics
Innovative storytelling which binds together the past and the present
Memorable characters with personal stories
Original interactive soundtrack which adapts to each timeline
Wistful hand-drawn 2D art style
45. The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight
After 256 years of peace in the lands of Antoria...
the ROSELIAN ARMY OF BATRATHYM has risen up once more to attempt to reclaim the land of ANTORIA that they lost in the 43rd War of Darkness.
Threatening to start War of Darkness 44, KING LANCELOT BARTHOLOMEW ROSELL of the ROSELIAN EMPIRE sends his beasts through the lands, corrupting and destroying everything in their path.
Refusing to hide from the incoming threat, a young recruit at the MOTOR KNIGHT ACADEMY named JOY LANTZ leaps into action!
With the power of DIVINE LIFE granted to the MOTOR KNIGHTS through their DIVINE ARMOR, and her powerful signature weapon, the hybrid motorized lance-drill BURST ARM known as the JOYLANCE, JOY refuses to let anybody stop her from saving the world-- not even the ACADEMY itself!
Allow your DIVINE ARMOR and your BURST ARM guide you to TRUE JOY!
EXTREME MOTORIZED ACTION! THE JOYLANCER: LEGENDARY MOTOR KNIGHT has a large selection of local multiplayer components, allowing up to four players to play at the same time, in almost every game mode!
Get up to three friends in the action in the MAIN GAME by giving their souls to your weakened foes!
Cooperate with your friends to complete the mysterious DARK PALACE Mode!
Battle against each other in huge skirmishes and various duels in the MOTOR COMBAT mode!
We don't want Joylancer to be just a single-player experience; our goal is to create an intense action game that can be enjoyed by yourself, with friends, or even at parties!THERE IS TRUE JOY IN LANCING!
- Over 12 different types of enemies to face, each one featuring its own strategies and special techniques!
- Extreme Motorized Multiplayer -- tag in a partner to have them take control of an enemy, OR fight with up to four players in the MOTOR COMBAT melee arenas! (Local / Offline)
- The Dark Palace -- Explore the mysterious palace containing a variety of combat challenges! Can you survive the many floors of the THE DARK PALACE?
- Revised Life Systems -- collect DIVINE TANKS to store extra life energy that saves you from peril!
- Expansive Difficulty System -- featuring a huge variety of difficulties for both casual and hardcore action aficionados!
- Tons of Player Customization Options!
- Single color action not your bag? Set the color layers to your own custom colors, or activate the colorful DX Mode!
- Set a variety of different viewing ratios and fill out the empty space with our colorful GAME JOY DX borders!
- Manually adjust what effects display on-screen, turn up / down the screen shake & hitstun slowdown, choose between multiple soundtracks, and more!
Joylancer is a game that is constantly growing and experimenting with new ideas, mechanics, and various touches that we make over development.
You can expect to see the following features to launch with the November 7th release:
- Save ANTORIA CENTER CITY, home of the MOTOR KNIGHTS, from the threat of the Roselian Army! (AREA 1)
- Make your way through the FOREST OF DECEPTION and defeat the beast corrupting the forest! (AREA 3)
- Try to conquer 50 floors of the DARK PALACE! -- Battle enemies, collect powerups, and try to survive with no continues!
- Play with up to 4 players in MOTOR COMBAT! -- Time Combat, Divine Combat, and Crystal Combat modes!
- Six difficulty modes! -- Enjoy unlimited continues, relax with generous checkpoints, or prove your skill under no continues and no retries!
- Save ANTORIA CENTER CITY, home of the MOTOR KNIGHTS, from the threat of the Roselian Army! (AREA 1)
RunGunJumpGun is a tough as nails 2D Action Platformer that puts a teeth-rattling, gravity-defying weapon in your hands. With a cast of crazed characters, simple but beautifully difficult gameplay, and a pulsing musical score, RunGunJumpGun is a loud, trippy mess of twitchy platforming goodness.
The two-button setup is treacherously simple. One button shoots your massive gun downwards, propelling you through the air. The other shoots forward, destroying anything that’s in your path. But there is no stopping in this beautifully surreal world littered with deadly traps and soul-crushing obstacles around every corner. Players will have to constantly alternate between the two firing modes to maneuver through meticulously crafted levels where death is a promise not a possibility. There is only running, gunning, jumping, and gunning, in a mad dash to survive long enough to die again.
The game takes place in the Extax System, a solar system where the Sun has begun to swell and devour planets. With most of the planets already devoured, the remaining worlds have descended into madness and superstition. Each denizen has their own theory on why the sun seems so enraged, but they all hang on one central element: Atomiks, the primary resource in the entire system.
You play as a scavenger, a rogue from outside the Extax System who seems to have only one goal: get Atomiks. What do the Atomiks mean to the scavenger? Does he want to scoop up precious resources for himself, or use them as a way to appease the sun and end the suffering of the system? Or Maybe they’re just shiny pick-ups in a video game to him.
- Beautifully Difficult: Every second counts, and the game will test your reflexes to the fullest
- Nonstop Action: Merciful respawns let you die fast and keep you constantly in the action
- Two button gameplay: One button lets you fly, the other blasts obstacles into heaps of rubble.
- Three Unique Game Worlds: Each world presents its own distinct challenges which require players to change their playstyles
- Over 120 levels of Mayhem: Each level is meticulously crafted to hone and test the player’s speed and tenacity.
- Marathon Mode: For players looking to compete for the global high score.
- Surreal visuals: Trippy and hyper-colourful fantasy-sci-fi art style
- Hyperkinetic soundtrack: Pulsing musical score blending hip hop, electronic and movie-score vibes.
- Warped space-opera narrative: The game features a cast of crazed, beautifully illustrated characters.
- Masochistic Collectables: The quest to collect “Atomiks” littered throughout levels lends an extra level of insanity to already merciless level design. A gift to self-hating completionists.
- Accessible single-hand gameplay: Appropriate for players with disabilities.
- Made by free range developers fed a pure mixture of VVVVVV, Hotline Miami, and Super Meat Boy.
47. Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle / カプコン ベルトアクション コレクション
Relive the glory days of cooperative arcade games with the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle! This comprehensive collection includes seven classic games, each with various multiplayer options, online capabilities and detailed galleries!
Say goodbye to game overs! Adjust your difficulty settings or give yourself more lives to battle through each game in its entirety. You can also play the English or Japanese versions of each title!
Games included: Final Fight, Captain Commando, The King of Dragons, Knights of the Round and Warriors of Fate, as well as two games that were previously unavailable on consoles: Armored Warriors and Battle Circuit!
Grab some friends, stare down the bad guys and BEAT 'EM UP!
48. Super Weekend Mode
A simple chase through labyrinths of despair
You are a princess .'That guy' has taken your stuff. You should most probably take it back...
Simple 2-3 button game play blended with multi-tasking mayhem!
- Super Weekend Mode combines falling block games and shoot'em'ups into a fast paced arcade experience. Using only "3 buttons": COLLECT ,SHOOT, BUMP and CRUSH your way through 9 action packed stages . Do your best to aim for the top score!
With great power-ups come even greater challenges.
- The Classic Mode of Super Weekend Mode -EXTEND features a Dynamic Power Up system. The more lives you complete a stage with, the more power-ups you receive. Take advantage of this to score more points!
Bored of the same old Red?
- Customise the game to suit your play style WITH STYLE by selecting one of the 5 alternative outfits provided! The changes are not just cosmetic! (I swear)
Awesome sprite animations (and backgrounds) produced by pixel artist (and game play programmer)Pixelteriyaki add a splash of colour (and cuteness) to Super Weekend mode.
The musical talents of Souichi Sakagami and Juhuruka (YouFulca) come together to bring Super Weekend Mode to life with a ROCKING 8-bit soundtrack. Follow the links to listen to some of their stuff!
49. Mystic Towers
Mystic Towers is an action-oriented and puzzle-filled adventure about exploration and magic. With over 30 different monsters able to crawl, slither, fly, roll, hop - and anything else you can imagine - there’s no shortage of game to play and enemies to slay.
Baron Baldric can jump, push, pull, flip switches, open doors, climb ladders and succumb to poison. He also has a map and various weapon spells, including fireballs and venom.Features
Never Too Old: Navigate 540 rooms packed with monsters and puzzles using a mouse, keyboard or joystick.
Save Your Game: Save your game whenever and wherever you want!
Master Magic: Use spells like: Healing, Reveal (which finds secret areas), Levitate, and Teleport.
New Tricks: Look under objects, push buttons, flip switches and move almost any item.
Traverse the Tower: Climb ladders to new levels, teleport to new locations and cross invisible bridges and platforms.
50. Sure Footing
Sure Footing is a fast and frantic infinite runner about four friends saving their world from extinction. The world of Computra is under threat from the evil Ramrafstar and his ferocious minion Deletion Dave, who seek to destroy the partitions that hold everything together.
Play as one of our four heroes: Pixel Pete, Polly Polygon, Blip and Plunk as they outrun Dave across the disk sectors of Computra: to warn their friends and find a way to stop Ramrafstar before their homeworld is destroyed. Collect MIPs, avoid obstacles and overcome the challenges faced in the distant sectors of Computra.
- Four Playable Characters: Play as Pixel Pete, Polly Polygon, Blip and Plunk - each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Visit distant sectors of the world of Computra: Watch out for the weird and wonderful changes these distant sectors bring.
- Customise Your Loadout: Play it your way with a variety of power-ups and buffs that can give you an edge over Deletion Dave.
- In-Game Shop: Collect MIPs in-game to unlock customisation options, with over 100 items to unlock! New power-ups, skill buffs and extra costumes for each character.
- In-Game Challenges: Complete in-game challenges to build successfully unlock new content.
- Play At Your Own Speed: Finding the game too taxing? Or simply not hard enough? No problem! Our procedural generation system is designed to tailor itself towards a variety of difficulty settings that allow you to play the game at your own pace.
- Leaderboards and Player Stats: See how you compare up against the rest of the Sure Footing community.
- Single and Multiplayer Challenge Modes: Play challenge levels for two to four players and show your friends how to keep running!
Sure Footing blends the best of both classic platforming and infinite runners into a fast and frantic arcade experience.