Trying to find games like Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete? Try these 100 great games that are similar to Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete that have been tried, tested and recommended.
The best games like Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete are:
- arrow_rightCossacks II: Battle for Europe
- arrow_rightSid Meier’s Civilization VI
- arrow_rightSid Meier's Civilization IV
- arrow_rightStronghold Crusader HD
- arrow_rightAge of Empires II: Definitive Edition
- arrow_rightEuropa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition
- arrow_rightRise of Nations: Extended Edition
100 Best Games Like Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (20)
- PlayStation 4 (25)
- iOS (44)
- Android (24)
- macOS (77)
- Linux (37)
- Nintendo Switch (24)
- Nintendo 3DS (5)
- Nintendo DS (3)
- Xbox 360 (8)
- PlayStation 3 (12)
- PlayStation 2 (1)
- PlayStation (7)
- PS Vita (6)
- PSP (6)
- Wii U (4)
- Wii (8)
- GameCube (1)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (5)
- Atari ST (2)
- Genesis (2)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- Game Gear (1)
- Web (2)
1. Cossacks II: Battle for Europe
Let the battle begin! The Cossacks II: Battle for Europe add-on continues the renowned Cossacks II:Napoleonic Wars game. It depicts the rather short historic period of the Napoleonic wars. The Napoleon wars changed Europe forever, leading to the formation of empires and putting an end to almost one thousand years of constant strife between small states. The game provides mass-scale battles between thousands-strong armies of the nations involved in conflicts during this period. The theatres of operation introduce France, Britain, Austria, Russia, Prussia, Egypt, and three nations not represented in the original game – Spain, the Grand Duchy of Warsaw (Poland), and the Confederation of the Rhine.
The Cossacks II: Battle for Europe reconstructs in detail the soldiers' uniforms weapons and architecture of each nation. Each nation's army has its unique units and possibilities. The game includes over 180 units 190 buildings and 1200 flora and fauna elements. When developing the combat system the peculiarities of early 19th century warring were taken into account as was the value of formations provisions and troop morale. Tactical tricks utilized by military commanders of the time are fully reflected in the game. An "honest" system of bullet and cannonball ballistics based on physics is an innovative addition to the Cossacks engine. Other engine features include 3-dimensional landscaping which creates realistic-looking scenery and towns and impacts combat tactics. For example the firing range of a subdivision of soldiers or a cannon positioned at the top of a hill is greater than the firing range of a unitstationed on flat terrain.Key features:
- Control the French, Russians, Austrians, Britons, Prussians, or Egyptians -- master new weapons and tactics during a time that redefined the meaning of modern warfare.
- Fight through historically inspired battles of the 19th century, with massive armies colliding in different types of terrain and weather.
- Battles on real historical scale with tens of thausands of units on one map.
- Realistic Troop Morale System - Well-fed troops live longer and grow in experience to become valuable battlefield assets, while fierce and overwhelming opponents, or marching long distances will cause morale to drop
- Enhanced diplomacy tools help you create treaties that give you the advantages
Categories in common with Cossacks II: Battle for Europe: Strategy
Transistor is a cyberpunk game that uses isometric point-of-view as its primary mechanic. Following the story of Red, she discovers a body of an unknown man with a sword in his chest called Transistor. Sword has possessed the mind and voice of its previous owner and now able to speak with Red, navigating her in a city called Cloudbank, as the Process attacked the city and still searches for Red to kill her and return the sword back to them for unknown reasons.
Despite having real-time battles, Red can freeze the time with her ability called Turn that draws her action bar. Until it is fully restored, no abilities can be used if only you don't have the upgrades. As an addition, Red can retrieve Functions from her fallen enemies - new powers for her weapon with a passive, persistent effect or other. Beautiful design and interesting lore give this game a unique atmosphere being doubled by the soundtrack, done by Darren Korb.
• An all-new world from the team that created Bastion
• Configure the powerful Transistor with thousands of possible Function combinations
• Action-packed real-time combat fused with a robust strategic planning mode
• Vibrant hand-painted artwork in full 1080p resolution
• Original soundtrack changes dynamically as the action unfolds
• Hours of reactive voiceover create a deep and atmospheric story
• 'Recursion' option introduces procedural battles after finishing the story
• Fully customizable controls custom-tailored for PC
3. Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
The sixth installment in Sid Meier’s Civilization series. Like in all previous Civilization games, the player controls one of eighteen unique historical civilizations, builds its cities, explores the hexagonal map of the world, researches technologies, develops his country's culture, establishes relationships with other civilizations and wages wars. All the traditional victory types are in place, and a new one, religious, is introduced.
A distinct new feature in the sixth part is that city improvements are no more concentrated in each city's only main tile. Instead, they are distributed throughout its whole surrounding area. Each of them is now considered a "district" with a specific purpose, and some of them should be built only on specific terrain. Similarly, wonders now occupy tiles on their own. Technology tree was also modified to take into account the player's terrain improvements that may speed up the research of certain technologies. Cultural achievements, such as Opera or Drama, are no more considered "technologies" and form a separate Civics research tree instead. Also, unlike most of its predecessors, Civilization VI allows stacking similar types of military units.
4. Sid Meier's Civilization IV
As with the rest of Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the player controls a real historical civilization and leads it from the stone age to the space era. The goal is to develop its culture, science, and economy and to conquer the neighboring countries if you feel like it. There are eighteen playable civilizations in the game with some of them having multiple leaders to choose from. Each PC-controlled leader is based on an actual historical figure and has his or her unique personality traits, such as being diplomatic or aggressive.
Civilization IV was the first to introduce different religions rather than an abstract "religion" as a concept. There are seven available religions that can be founded during the game and spread across the map, increasing their founder's influence and boosting his citizens' happiness. The fourth part also introduced the idea of Great People, such as scientists, artists, and prophets, who are also based on actual persons. Corruption mechanic was removed and replaced with expensive building maintenance. Barbarians, who used to be just random enemy units, now can build cities that, however, will not contact with the player via diplomacy and should only be eliminated.
Categories in common with Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Strategy
5. Stronghold Crusader HD
The game is an addition to the game-strategy Stronghold.
The main thing about the series of games Stronghold
The game Stronghold - a simulator of three activities:
the construction of a medieval castle,
military actions - assault of the castle or its defense,
creation and management of the village.
The atmosphere and situation of the first game
Briefly, this is the stylization of the Middle Ages. Game events begin in 1066, but there are often no time limits, so theoretically, missions can last dozens and even hundreds of game years.
The path of war and the path of peace
The game allows you to build - a settlement or a castle, carry out individual economic missions or just build freely, and destroy - invade the country, take the castle under siege or, on the contrary, crush the attackers. You can create your own maps and play in multiplay mode.
You are the ruler of the castle, you are responsible for both the economy and the war. Do not forget about the popularity - it's a separate indicator in the game.
You can build six types of buildings:
the castle and everything inside it - walls, towers, gates, barracks, ditches, etc.,
sawmills, quarries, mines and other structures for extraction of resources - wood, stone, iron and oil.
Farms that bring meat, milk, wheat, apples, hops, skins of cows,
city buildings - houses, churches, wells,
Weapon workshops, where they produce weapons and armor,
Barns and shops for cheese, bread, ale
Buildings are built instantly, it is only necessary to make such a decision. Just as quickly your soldiers are trained. But all this requires money obtained from the collection of taxes and trade.
To succeed in the economy it is not enough just to make calculations. We have to cope with unpredictable disasters like the invasion of rabbits or fire.
The war is fought by soldiers of close combat and distant combat: archers, crossbowmen, pikemen, swordsmen, spearmen, knights and even monks with clubs.
Troops can shoot from towers, move around walls, destroy walls, use siege machines, including towers, while besieged have boiling resin tanks, pits with stakes and moats with water. You can dig trenches and even organize an epidemic in the enemy camp. For complex actions, except soldiers, you need to involve sappers and engineers.
Addition Stronghold Crusader HD
Expands the set of game situations with the stories of the Crusades:
The first crusade of 1094-1099,
Saladin's campaigns of 1187,
the expedition of Richard the Lionheart, Friedrich Barbarossa and the French Philip II in order to liberate Jerusalem
The way of the crusader is a campaign of 50 cards not tied to historical events, but in the same setting.
One of the unique innovations are the assassins - the warriors of special abilities, able to invisibly enter the castle and open the gate from the inside, interrupting the guard.
6. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition celebrates the 20th anniversary of one of the most popular strategy games ever with stunning 4K Ultra HD graphics, a new and fully remastered soundtrack, and brand-new content, “The Last Khans” with 3 new campaigns and 4 new civilizations.<br/>
Explore all the original campaigns like never before as well as the best-selling expansions, spanning over 200 hours of gameplay and 1,000 years of human history. Head online to challenge other players with 35 different civilizations in your quest for world domination throughout the ages.<br/>
Choose your path to greatness with this definitive remaster to one of the most beloved strategy games of all time.
Categories in common with Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition: Strategy
7. Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition
Europa Universalis Rome Gold combines the epic strategy title Europa Universalis Rome with the expansion pack Vae Victis.
Experience one of the most defining periods in world history in an experience crafted by the masters of Grand Strategy. The greatest cultural and military civilizations are brought to life through this epic title rife with great strategic and tactical depth.
Set during the golden age of the Roman Republic when the Senate ruled the Empire, Vae Victis features a massive number of additions and improvements to Europa Universalis: Rome, a game that was already one of the most prominent to depict that era in the widest scope. An overview of these key changes begins with government, which has received a lot of attention for the expansion in order to produce more fluid and balanced gameplay. The cast of historical characters of the ancient world have also had a significant overhaul across a variety of areas and with the addition of missions, decisions and laws, Vae Victis is an expansion packed with a huge amount of new content.
- Fully 3D map with integrated graphics and detailed topography
- Start at any date between 280 B.C. and 27 B.C.
- Choose between 10 different cultures, including the Roman, Celtic, Greek and Egyptian civilizations, with more than 53 playable factions on a map spanning hundreds of provinces.
- Watch your characters develop new traits through political intrigue and various interactions with thousands of other characters.
- Trade, negotiate or fight with your neighbours and advance your technologies to unite the Mediterranean World.
- Robust multiplayer allows you to challenge up to 32 players either competitively or in co-op mode.
NEW KEY FEATURES IN VAE VICTIS
- Completely revised military AI, particularly in the area of military campaigns
- Dynamics of the characters that live in the Republic will come to life as the men and women have their own personal goals and agendas
- As a republic you will now need to take the Senate into the account. Characters will belong to various parties depending on their goals, values, and ambitions
- Monarchies and Tribes will have their own courts, beware of bootlickers and sycophants who will stop at nothing to replace your divinely appointed ruler
Categories in common with Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition: Strategy
8. Rise of Nations: Extended Edition
Rise of Nations
Rise of Nations is a real-time strategy game that spans all history.
Start with a single city in the Ancient Age; gather resources; build an infrastructure; research technologies; construct Wonders of the World such as the Pyramids and the Eiffel Tower; and expand your military might across the world, conquering hostile nations with bombers, battleships, and tanks—all over your lunch hour!
In Rise of Nations there are:
- 18 Nations—each with special abilities and unique military units.
- Over a hundred military units operating on the ground, sea, and air— from Hoplites to Frigates to Helicopters.
- Over two dozen buildings with upgrades and technologies that will take your nation from a small City to an Information Age society.
- 14 Wonders of the World—the Terra Cotta Army, the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower. Each gives your nation special bonuses.
- More than a dozen map types, ranging from the Amazon Rainforest to the Himalayas to the Nile Delta.
- Conquer the World campaign—a linked series of dozens of scenarios.
- Rise of Nations
- Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots
- Improved Visuals
- Improved water
- Improved textures
- Full-screen anti-aliasing
- Improved water
- Full Steamworks Integration
- Multiplayer with ranked matches (ELO)
- Trading Cards
- Cloud saves
- Multiplayer with ranked matches (ELO)
- Extended Features
- Twitch Integration
9. STAR WARS Empire at War - Gold Pack
A collection of strategic games in the world of Star Wars.
During the Galactic Civil War, you can lead the rebels, dominate the Empire, or become a criminal at the head of a powerful criminal group.
Being in more than eighty terrestrial and extraterrestrial locations, you can control everything from one unit to the Death Star. Each decision affects the next fight, each battle affects the entire Galaxy.
Among the locations and heroes there are names familiar from the films - Tatooine, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Han Solo and Chewbacca, R2-D2 and C-3PO and others.
In addition to playing for the Light and Dark sides of the Force, you can play "against all and only for yourself" - in the role of Tiber Zann you can lead a group of criminals to the top of the criminal world of the Galaxy. This option is provided by the addition to the game - "Forces of Corruption". In the arsenal of criminals are well-known methods: piracy, kidnapping, extortion and bribery. And with the help of such an all-powerful key as corruption, you can achieve complete control over the Galaxy.
Categories in common with STAR WARS Empire at War - Gold Pack: Strategy
10. Golf With Your Friends
Golf With Your Friends is an entertaining, challenging, multiplayer mini golf game for up to 12 players.
The game currently has 6 levels containing 18 holes each.
The controls are simple and the game is designed for the user to be able to host or join a game within a few seconds.
The game will be hosted on our servers where the user has the ability to add a password if so required or leave it open to the public.Key Features
- 6 Vibrant challenging levels containing 18 holes each, 108 holes in total.
- 12 Player multiplayer
- Ball customization
- Player created servers
- Steam invite
11. Supreme Commander 2
Supreme Commander 2 is a real-time strategy, a sequel to Supreme Commander. The story is set in the near future in the world of giant mechs and the rise of technology. The plot tells about the confrontation of three forces: the United Earth Federation, the Illuminate and the Cybrans. They united in the first game but the newly elected President's assassination makes them break up.
The game is split into three missions dedicated to these forces. You have an opportunity to play as each side of the conflict that allows you to see it at different angles. At the end three separated campaigns come together and have the single ending.
The gameplay is typical for the RTS genre: you need to build facilities, mine resources and create an army of different military forces, including robots, tanks and super weapons. Your units are upgradeable with special points you can get developing technologies and defeating enemies. The goal of the game is to overcome your opponents. However, in a single-player campaign you can win by the numerical superiority of your army.
12. Stronghold Crusader 2
Stronghold Crusader II is the fifth game in Stronghold series of medieval strategies. It is the direct sequel to the 2002 spin-off of the series, Stronghold: Crusader.
Stronghold Crusader II is set in the Middle East in the era of Crusades. The game's two campaign modes follow the two sides in the Crusades: the Crusaders and the Muslims. The game features historical figures like Saladin and Richard of England, as well as the characters from earlier games in the series, such as Rat and Wolf.
The game is similar to all Stronghold games. The player assumes the role of a medieval lord who controls his castle. The player has to build the walls and towers, hire the knights and archers, and establish a productive medieval economy to support the war effort. Most missions involve a siege of a castle, with the player as the attacker, the defender, or both.
Everything in Stronghold, from the food to the war, requires the player to establish a chain of production, such as a mill and a bakery to make bread. The player has to produce armor and weapons before hiring most types of units. There's also a reputation meter that tracks what the people think of their lord. The player can increase his or her reputation by offering the people more food, lowering taxes, or building pubs and churches.
Stronghold Crusader II has several multiplayer modes. It was the first game in the series to introduce a cooperative mode that allows two players to control the same castle.
13. Total War: ATTILA
Against a darkening background of famine, disease and war, a new power is rising in the great steppes of the East. With a million horsemen at his back, the ultimate warrior king approaches, and his sights are set on Rome…
The next instalment in the multi award-winning PC series that combines turn-based strategy with real-time tactics, Total War: ATTILA casts players back to 395 AD. A time of apocalyptic turmoil at the very dawn of the Dark Ages.
How far will you go to survive? Will you sweep oppression from the world and carve out a barbarian or Eastern kingdom of your own? Or will you brace against the coming storm as the last remnants of the Roman Empire, in the ultimate survival-strategy challenge?
The Scourge of God is coming. Your world will burn.
Apocalyptic destruction mechanics
Wield the ferocious power of fire in battle to set buildings ablaze and terrify defenders, or wipe entire cities and regions from the face of the campaign map with the new raze mechanic.
Legendary start position
Playing as the Western Roman Empire you will begin with vast territories under your control, but weakened by political in-fighting and threatened on all sides by enemies, your dominance will quickly become a struggle to survive.
Overhauled game mechanics
Improved core gameplay and UI through the latest optimised and modified Total War game mechanics, including politics, family tree, civic management and technological progression.
Incredible period detail
With new period-specific technologies, arms and armaments, religion, cultures and social upheaval, Total War: ATTILA delivers an authentic experience of this ominous chapter of our history.
Outstanding visual fidelity
Improvements and optimisations to both campaign and battle visuals create a chilling vision of a looming apocalypse and the ruin of the civilized world. With breath-taking scale, atmosphere and improved graphical performance, witness the end of days and the rise of a legend.
Categories in common with Total War: ATTILA: Strategy
14. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance is a standalone expansion pack for Supreme Commander which includes a new campaign, a faction, 110 new units, new modes and multiplayer maps. It is an RTS game.
Two years pass after the Black Sun weapon was fired. The president of the United Earth Federation was murdered. The Seraphim occupy Earth. The old enemies unite to fight back the alien race.
The gameplay does not differ much from the original Supreme Commander. The main feature of the game is still the number of the vehicles featured. Players can fight on land, air, and water. The game also features various stationary buildings and experimental units that can withstand a massive amount of damage.
There are two types of resources in the game: Mass and Energy. Both of them are essential for the development of the player's army and economy. It does not matter how much materials you have for your future expansion. The speed you gather them at is what's important. One of the core mechanics of the game is the mining of Mass from the destroyed units and buildings while Energy can be obtained from trees and unfinished buildings.
Categories in common with Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance: Strategy
15. RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe
Take a trip to fame and fortune by building the biggest, best, scariest, and most thrilling rides ever seen in any theme park. Can you make money in this volatile business? Can you become the ultimate Roller Coaster Tycoon?
One of the best games from acclaimed Tycoon series, with well designed gameplay mechanics, appealing graphics, and really high re-playability value. There’s no limit to what you can create so design and build the most thrilling roller coaster the world has ever seen - and buckle up for the ride of your life!
- Includes RollerCoaster Tycoon and its two expansions: Corkscrew Follies and Loopy Landscapes
- 4 out of 5 scientists agree: this is one of the most enjoyable and addicting games in existence!
- Design and construct your own roller coaster rides or choose from fantastic pre-built designs, all with accurately simulated motion physics
16. RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack
Stretch your imagination further to build bigger parks and higher coasters! Break ground and start from scratch, open the gates to a remarkable Six Flags park, or just create the most gut-wrenching roller coaster imaginable - now you can play your way! Choose and complete different scenarios accordingly to the experience and content you like. Satisfy the visitors by building various attractions and facilities.Wild new rides, exciting new themes, and improved easy-to-use building tools make creating the ultimate amusement park more fun than ever!
- Test your Tycoon skills with 25 amazing Six Flags® coasters and 5 Six Flags® parks based on real-life places
- Create incredible roller coasters using all-new Roller Coaster Designer!
- Thrill your park guests with over 150 different rides and attractions
- Customize your park with new and unique themes, including Giant Garden, Wild West, Pirates, and more!
17. Wargame: Red Dragon
Wargame: Red Dragon is the second part in Wargame series and a sequel to Wargame: AirLand Battle. Its campaigns are based on alternate history concepts.
The game is set in the Cold War era. Wargame: Red Dragon follows a series of fictional yet plausible conflicts between the various countries in the Asia-Pacific region. In the campaign mode, its timeline covers the 1970s, 1980s, and up until 1996. The player controls various factions, both from Eastern and Western bloc. The story campaign includes a civil war in Korea, a Chinese invasion of the Russian Far East, a conflict over British-occupied Hong Kong, a Kuril islands border conflict, and a Soviet invasion of Korea.
The player controls his or her units from a top-down view in the real time. At each level, the player and his or her opponent, whether AI or the other human player, start at the different sides of a map and fight to control it. Being a wargame by definition, Wargame: Red Dragon doesn't have much of economic element. The player deploys the already existing units rather than creates them. To receive reinforcements during the battle, the player has to capture and hold specific parts of the map that serve as deployment zones.
Besides the campaign mode, the game offers its players to choose from more than twenty nations, and additional nations are available through DLC. Wargame: Red Dragon also has a competitive multiplayer mode.
Categories in common with Wargame: Red Dragon: Strategy
18. Tiny Troopers
Your troopers will face enemy infantry, snipers, technicals and even tanks. The casualty rate is going to be high but there’s an endless supply of fresh recruits to step up and fill the ranks. Those lucky troopers who survive from mission to mission will be promoted, and each new stripe they gain makes them tougher.
To increase your troopers’ chances of survival, use Command Points to give them better equipment, reinforce their team with a specialist like machine gunner, medic or delta force and call in support drops during missions. War might be hell but this is the funniest way to fight in one!Features
- The safe way to fight in a war: you won't end up in a body bag.
- Lead your troopers in 30 deadly missions with varied objectives.
- Face enemies from infantry to snipers and tanks.
- Reinforce your squad with specialists like machinegunner, medic and delta force.
- Keep your troopers alive: they get better after each new rank they gain.
19. Cossacks: European Wars
Cossacks: European Wars is a historical real-time strategy based on events of the 16th through the 18th centuries in Europe, when nations and states were created and demolished, and wars shed seas of blood. There are 16 nations or regions in Cossacks: Algeria, Austria, England, France, the Netherlands, Piemonte, Poland, Portugal, Prussia, Russia, Saxony, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, and Venice. Each has its own original graphics, economic and technical development peculiarities, military advantages and drawbacks, and unique units and technologies, providing vast choices of tactics and strategy in war against any enemy. Thus, England is the mightiest sea power, Austria has powerful light and heavy cavalry, and Cossacks are the pride of the Ukrainian army.
Battles of up to 8,000 units may be conducted on single or network game maps. One can carry out lingering city sieges, wage guerilla wars, capture commanding heights and arrange ambushes, deploy landing forces on enemy shores, and conduct sea battles. The game system is arranged to reduce per-unit control and resource micromanagement, and to turn to global goals of powerful economy formation, science development, the capturing of new lands, and defending borders.
Categories in common with Cossacks: European Wars: Strategy
20. Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
Age of Empires, the pivotal RTS that launched a 20-year legacy returns in definitive form for Windows 10 PCs. Bringing together all of the officially released content with modernized gameplay, all-new visuals and a host of other new features, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is the complete RTS package. Engage in over 40 hours of updated campaign content with new narration and pacing, jump online in up to 8-player battles with new competitive features and modes, experience 4K HD visuals with overhauled animations, get creative with the scenario builder and share your creations. There’s never been a better time to jump in to Age of Empires. Welcome back to history.
Categories in common with Age of Empires: Definitive Edition: Strategy
21. Hand of the Gods
“Hearthstone and X-Com combine” - PCGamesN
Collectible card games and turn-based strategy collide in Hand of the Gods: SMITE Tactics! Wage divine war by summoning the Gods to a full 3D battlefield. Move your forces into position, then unleash divine powers to defeat your foes. Can you Command the Gods?
DIVINE BLEND OF CCG AND TBS
It’s not what cards you play – it’s where you play them. Dominate the battlefield with your tactical brilliance, positioning units for maximum effect.
BRING YOUR CARDS TO LIFE
You can’t contain a God in a flat, 2D card. Drag your cards onto the battleground and watch the Gods come to life in rich 3D.
UNREAL ENGINE 4 POWERED
Experience stunning 3D graphics, with FX and animations made possible by Unreal Engine 4.
COMMAND THE GODS
Which Pantheon will you lead into battle? Build your army from the legendary Gods of Greek, Roman, Norse, Chinese, and Egyptian mythology.
It’s free to play Hand of the Gods – and we’ll give you 4 Core Card Packs to open FREE when you finish the tutorial.
Categories in common with Hand of the Gods: Strategy
22. Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology
Blitzkrieg II comes with tremendous focus on new strategic opportunities, global war and gritty realism of WWII battles. On the side of Soviet Armed Forces, US Army or German Wehrmacht you plan entire operations and lead your men into fierce action, choose reinforcements and use a wide range of new weapons in three full-blown campaigns that span the globe. New graphics engine and significant step over the original game get you in control of the most dramatic and bloody conflict of the past century.Real Strategy
Decide what missions to fight, accumulate and call in any type of reinforcements, capture train stations or airfields to receive more troops by railroad or get air supremacy during the entire operation. Accomplish tactical objectives and missions to support your war efforts at strategic level and ensure your combat efficiency in the decisive battles.
Promote and assign commanders to combat units to expand your tactical advantage with over 50 unique skills and real-life abilities. Order engineers to plant TNT charge and blast passing enemy units, use linked grenades for extra damage, suppress infantry with flak fire and master other combat techniques introduced in Blitzkrieg II.Real War
Philippines, Iwo Jima, Tobruk, Moscow, Stalingrad, Ardennes - fight on every major front of WWII from the heart of Europe and blistering sands of Africa to the deadly jungle isles of the Pacific. Your mission goals will vary from counter attacks and air warfare to covert operations and seashore landing onslaught.
Get access to hundreds of authentic weapons from “Satan” flame tank to Tiger II and T-35 monsters, from “Zero” fighters to V-2 ballistic missiles and 305-mm railroad guns. Make use of special forces, sappers, assault engineers and even guard dogs!
- Fight on every major front of WWII in 68 missions through 3 campaigns that span the globe!
- Plan your actions strategically, choose what missions to fight, what reinforcements to get
- Get in control of over 250 authentic WWII units and 60 types of infantry
- Open new tactics and abilities as units grow in experience
- Use structures and terrain for cover, destroy everything in your path, fight day and night under any climatic conditions on the ground, sea, and in the air!
- Experience intense WWII battles in stunning full 3D interactive environment, thanks to the advanced Enigma Engine with true Line Of Sight and Line of Fire systems
- Step, if you dare, into the fury of multiplayer action with match-making and auto-rating support at the special dedicated server
- Create war the way you want it with versatile Map and Mod editor
Categories in common with Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology: Strategy
23. RIOT - Civil Unrest
As the world’s economical crisis deepens and inequality tears the very fabric of society the discontentment of the masses manifests itself in violent public disturbances and civil disorder.
RIOT – Civil Unrest is the highly anticipated real-time strategy game that places the player right in the heart of some of the world’s most fractious riots -Indignados (Spain), Arab Spring (Egypt), Keratea (Greece) and NoTAV (Italy). Already heavily backed on Steam Greenlight, RIOT – Civil Unrest is coming to Steam this summer.
RIOT – Civil Unrest’s creator, Leonard Menchiari, experienced rioting first-hand at the NoTAV protests in Italy. He created the game to tell the stories and express the feelings experienced during these clashes. What triggers the crowd to behave with such anger and aggression? Often outnumbered, what does a police officer feel like during the conflict? RIOT – Civil Unrest presents the player with the opportunity to experience both sides of the fight - a fight in which there really are no winners. Who is right and who is wrong? Experience RIOT – Civil Unrest and draw your own conclusions.
Play as the Police
- Employ numerous crowd-control tactics, both passive and aggressive.
- Command Assault, Tactical, Ballistic, Arrest and Plain Clothes squads.
- Call in police trucks, water cannon, snatch squads and others.
- Choose whether to use smoke grenades, rubber and plastic bullets, tasers or even live ammunition.
Play as the Rioters
- Instruct Leaders, Agitators, Rioters (armed and passive) and Journalists.
- Incite rage and cause the masses to act aggressively or try to calm the situation with tactical crowd reformation and retreats.
- Attack authority with Molotov cocktails, fireworks, paper-bombs, rocks, street furniture and the power of the media.
- Twenty levels split over four campaigns Keratea (Greece), NoTAV (Italy), Indignados (Spain) and Arab Spring (Egypt).
- See the story unfold from both sides - play all twenty levels as the Rioters or the Police.
- Single player mode - play against the computer AI.
- Skirmish mode - play against a friend on the same computer.
- Multiplayer mode: play against a friend online.
Create your own Riots with the level editor
- Alter the look of the confrontation by importing your own background graphics.
- Position elements, vehicles and obstacles where you want them.
- Set the time of day and the weather.
- Choose and position rioters and police starting points as well as their orders and level of aggression.
24. Zeus + Poseidon
Start with a plot of land by the shores of the wine-dark Aegean and create a thriving city-state of your own design. Build roads and monuments, set taxes, control trade, and command armies on land and sea. Construct massive sanctuaries, a stadium for the Games, even an Atlantean pyramid. Build armies and fleets to battle neighbors on land and sea. Succeed, and make them your vassals. Fail, and you'll be forced to play tribute until you win back your freedom. Rule the legendary world of Atlantis. Mine orichalc, and make use of unique buildings like bibliotheques and observatories.
Acropolis’ delivers the city-building excitement and strategy of both Zeus’ Master of Olympus’ and Zeus’ Official Expansion Poseidon’. Build great empires, dabble in combat, trade, and politics, and keep monsters like Medusa at bay with the help of great heroes from mythology. Establish new colonies in the ancient Americas, Africa, Europe, and Asia. Create your own adventures with a powerful yet easy to use Adventure Editor.
You’ll create bustling cities filled with thousands of citizens in mythological Greece and the lost continent of Atlantis. Exercise your might by threatening neighboring cities with invasion, or cultivate them as allies against even stronger opponents. Build beautiful Greek sanctuaries and Atlantean pyramids piece by piece. Summon heroes to rid your town of plagues and monsters, or appease gods and goddesses to protect you from evil.
Acropolis’ delivers hundreds of hours of gameplay in one game!
- One of the best city builder games out there, made by a team of experts in the genre: Impressions Games.
- Diplomacy, war, economy, and logistics - you must master all these arts to ensure your victory.
- 65 episodes in which you build and rule seven city-states and two powerful civilizations: Ancient Greece and Atlantis.
Categories in common with Zeus + Poseidon: Strategy
25. Lethis - Path of Progress
Lethis – Path of Progress is an old school 2D city builder set in a Victorian Steampunk universe called Lethis. You will have to build and manage cities, provide resources for your inhabitants while making sure there are enough workers to sustain your production lines. Trade with others cities, honor the requests of the Emperor and make your citizens happy.History:
With the discovery of condensed steam as a source of energy, the world of Lethis sees an unprecedented Industrial Revolution. As a result, the Empire enters a period of urbanisation. New cities are built everywhere. This rural exodus leads to new towns in strategical places to ensure the growth of the Empire. A time of great change is also a right time for new discoveries and innovation in science. Cities are built around great monuments like gigantic zeppelin hangars and observatories.Features:
- A campaign mode containing 26 missions with 3 difficulty levels
- A sandbox mode for unlimited fun
- Over 24 different resources to manage
- More than 40 different buildings and 4 unique Monuments
- Over fifteen different characters that roam the city
- Maps that reach up to 300 per 300 box tiles
- An amazing soundtrack with over 20 different songs
Mashinky is a brand new transport strategy game from Czech developer Jan Zeleny. Zooming through gorgeous landscapes, utilising a traditional isometric construction mode and mastering a unique board game-like gameplay, you'll find yourself immersed in the task of building your own transport empire.
The goal is to create your own transport empire on a procedurally generated map.
The game is a unique blend of realistic graphics combined with an isometric construction mode and boardgame-like rules.
Players start the game in control of a transport company. They must lay tracks on difficult terrain, research and buy new vehicles, manage routes and compete against economic rules to make as much profit as possible by transporting passengers and various cargos. This makes for a challenging simulation game requiring the player to consider all elements of business to be successful.
Players can switch to an isometric construction mode inspired by the very best strategy classics. This is a grid based map where every change of traffic layout is a rewarding puzzle. You can build simple tracks connecting just two stations, or design sophisticated networks using junctions and signals to maximize efficiency and performance.
As the game progresses, you’ll need to extend and customize your transport empire. You can upgrade industry buildings, stations and depots in various ways, and improve your trains using new engines and special wagons. Each upgrade offers a unique bonus; greater capacity, new processing rules and even new cargo types. Players can develop their own strategy to suit best the network they're building.
With the innovative viewing modes, you can ride one of your trains or watch the operation of the network you have built. You can exit construction mode at any time to dive back into the beautiful landscapes and detailing of the 3D world. You can see your track network from a different perspective, or even jump into one of your train and enjoy the ride.
You’ll progress from the Age of Steam through the modern world and into the future. You’ll encounter new industries and vehicles in each era. Villages will grow to become cities, new infrastructure and upgrades will become available. It is up to you how you use these new features to build your transport empire. From humble beginnings, you’ll build a vast transport network using everything from steam power to maglev technology, moving cargo from coal and wood to electronics and superconductors
27. American Conquest
American Conquest – Players set sail from Europe to discover new world and conquer its innumerable riches. The game begins in 1492, when Columbus lands in the Caribbean beginning three centuries of war as 12 different tribes and nations battle for survival and conquest. In eight historical campaigns spanning 42 missions you will play the role of great legends such as Pizarro and Washington commanding epic real-time battles containing up to 16000 soldiers on 3D landscapes. Harness new technologies, unique weaponry, improved fighting units, and the delicate world of diplomacy. Play with fire! Conquer America!Key features:
- Epic real-time strategy with historical background
- Captivating real-time battles with up to 16,000 units
- Covers the era between 1492 and 1813
- 42 versatile missions in 8 thrilling campaigns e.g. Pizarro's Expedition, the War of Tecumseh, the Seven Years War, the American War of Independence
- 6 historical battles in multiplayer mode
- 9 separate single player missions
- 12 different nations and tribes: Spain, England, France, Aztecs, Incas, Mayas, Sioux, Delaware, Huron, Iroquois League, Pueblos, USA
- Over 100 different units and 106 buildings
- Tactical formations for infantry, cavalry and artillery using officers, drummers and standard bearers
- Realistic artillery effects, including gunner squadrons transporting and loading canon, as well as detonating canon balls
- Fighting morale is influenced by victories, defeats, food supplies, equipment and mercenary pay
- Apart from wide range attacks, all shooting units can fight with swords and knives (Cold Steel Attack)
- All buildings can be attacked, occupied and defended by troops
- Fortresses, forts and log cabins provide defensive advantages; units can also be accommodated and trained there
- Map scaling provides an extensive overview of the fighting action through a unique zoom perspective
- Huge maps (30x20 screens, 1024x768 pixels) and fascinating landscapes in four different climatic zones
- Detailed animation of all movements, including loading weapons
- Intricate diplomacy system allows players to build alliances with neutral tribes to trade for warriors and raw materials
- Natural environment can be used strategically: caves as hiding places or ambush starting points, hills extend the shooting range
- Multiplayer mode for up to 7 players via LAN or the Internet: Deathmatch, historical battles, automatic championship system and global rating system, War For America
- Detailed random maps in various sizes and with multiple settings for unlimited gaming fun
Categories in common with American Conquest: Strategy
28. Unholy Heights
Welcome to Unholy Heights, a mashup of Tower Defense and Apartment Management Simulation! The Devil has converted a tenement building into monsters-only housing, and has big plans for the future. Sucker monsters into moving into your building, charge them rent and keep them happy by buying them furniture.
Unfortunately, heroes have caught wind of the Devil's plan, and will stop at nothing to wipe him out. Knock on residents' doors to call them to battle, trap heroes in devious pincer formations, and command your troops to victory. Monsters get jobs, fall in love, have children, and even skip out on their rent. Keep them happy or you might not have anyone to fight for you when heroes come knocking. But don't be too soft: there's always prospective baddies looking to move in, so kick out the freeloaders when the time is right!
Being a landlord is a difficult job, but it can't be harder than running Hell...right?
- Every monster is different. Some are lazy. Some are strong. Some are perverts.
- Use an intuitive mouse-based control scheme to command your troops into battle.
- Encounter more than 20 different monster species, and take their money.
- Build a reputation with different monster families based on your performance and play style.
- Take on quests at your pace to unlock new monsters and furniture.
- Build a stronger army as residents have children far stronger than themselves.
- Get monsters in the mood for love with inappropriately shaped erotic cakes.
- Look on in horror as lovingly hand-drawn monsters and humans horribly slaughter each other over money.
- Monster occupations, hobbies and desires are all procedurally generated to keep you on your toes.
29. King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame
Welcome to the lost age of chivalry, where magic and myth is alive, and you are destined to be one of the living legends: Arthur, the son of Uther Pendragon, the Once and Future King of the prophecies.
Fulfill your destiny and claim your rightful place on the throne of Britannia. Recruit fabled knights to your Round Table: send them to adventures or battles, let them gather knowledge and artifacts, see how they become the most powerful heroes of the realm. Build the majestic Camelot, but beware: there will be enemies, both mortal and otherworldly that will try to destroy you. Send your heroes and their followers to battle with legendary warriors and monsters and see how the folk of the faeries and the saints set against wizards and evil knights.
- Real-time fantasy battles: spectacular fight scenarios on grandiose battlefields, featuring thousands of soldiers and powerful heroes such as Sir Lancelot, Sir Galahad or Merlin. Battles rely on the strengths and weaknesses of the different arms with several tactical possibilities, the abilities of the units and the heroes, monsters and most of all, spells.
- Turn-based Campaign Map: Britannia is represented as a fully three dimensional topographic map where heroes move freely, conquer provinces or find adventures. In the turn-based campaign the changing seasons have effect on the gameplay and the graphics of the Campaign Map.
- Create your own legend! The saga of King Arthur is an epic tale about the conquest of Britannia through a story-based campaign. The Campaign is divided into chapters, like a chronicle, each with a unique tone and theme. The chapters all have objectives, long- and short-term goals that also fit together to draw a grandiose picture of an unfolding storyline. There are many possible events and outcomes that all influence the legend itself and determine the ending of the storyline.
- Morality Chart: Every decision in the game will influence the position of King Arthur on the Morality Chart. King Arthur might become a Christian ruler or the Follower of the Old Faith; a rightful or a ruthless monarch. These choices unlock special contents, allies, heroes, units and developments.
- RPG elements: Heroes lead the armies and learn skills, spells and abilities from an ability tree for experience points. Heroes can also use magic items or become liege lords, entrusted with the leadership of a province, which is the best way to have them indebted. Arranging their marriages with the nice damsels of Arthur’s court also raises their loyalty.
- Adventures: adventuring is the essence of King Arthur’s world. Quests pop up on the Campaign Map regularly. In technical terms it is a short story where the chosen knight has to make important decisions. Some adventures end in battles on special battlemaps.
30. Life is Feudal: Forest Village
Life is Feudal: Forest Village is a feature-rich, town building simulator strategy game with engaging survival aspects. Lead your people: a small group of refugees who were forced to start again on an unknown island.
Terraform and shape the land and expand with houses, pastures, orchards, farms, windmills and many other buildings. Forage in the forest, hunt for prey, grow crops and domestic animals for food. As Winter creeps up, ensure you stock up with enough firewood, charcoal and warm clothes to survive, and remember: a lack of vitamins in good rations may lead to disease and could even totally wipe out your village!
You can oversee your village from a birdseye view or occupy one of your villagers to control and perform tasks in a first person view to speed things up or just to explore.
Some of the more exciting features:
- Advanced farming system. Different crops and fruit trees require varying amounts of moisture, man labour and time in order to ripen ready for harvest. Your pastures and hens require hunters to protect them from forest predators.
- Switch between birdseye and first person views. You can play in a birdseye view, watching over everything and issuing strategic orders, or you can possess a villager and play from a first person perspective, performing everyday tasks along with your fellow villagers.
- Terraforming and pavement. Terraform land around your settlement to enable construction of larger buildings. Pave roads to speed up the movement of your villagers and thus improve the economy of your settlement.
- Diseases, food rations and vitamins. Diseases spread faster in cold weather, especially if your villagers lack warm clothes or their food ration is too plain and lacking in vitamins. Try to stock all types of food possible (meat, fish, bread, vegetables and fruits) to keep your villagers’ healthy.
- Dynamic ecosystem. Villagers continuously walking in the surrounding woods will scare wildlife deeper into forest. Excessive farming or woodcutting can lead to flora and fauna extinction thus lowering the flow of meat, hides, mushrooms, berries and medical herbs to your stocks.
- Real time weather and seasons system. The seasons effect your village’s needs: summer droughts will force your farmers to water your crops and rainy days will force them to dig trenches to drain excess water, and you’ll need firewood and warm clothes for your villagers in Winter.
- Morale and increasing population. Keep your villagers happy and their families will grow - that is, if their needs are being met! Living in overcrowded hostels, unfulfilled requirements and even bearing witness to a villager’s demise will reduce morale and their productivity.
- Disasters. Lightning can hit tall buildings that are standing on hilltops. Tornados can leave a devastating trail of destruction across your settlement. Earthquakes can destroy your houses and even topple trees. Make sure you are prepared to face those challenges!
- Mod friendly. Our game is designed to be modder friendly. Game modders will have access to AI, animations, task and resource management, navigation, sounds and many other game systems. Those systems and assets can be completely changed through game scripts written in LUA.
31. 8-Bit Armies
A Blast From the Past!
8-Bit Armies is a retro Real-Time Strategy game for the PC. With a colorful, blocky voxel art style, 8-Bit Armies is Petroglyph's most fast-paced, friendly, and accessible RTS game to date. Collect resources, build up and defend your base, amass your army of military units, and ultimately crush your opponents! 8-Bit Armies features offline single-player missions, two-player cooperative missions, AI skirmish mode, and Player-vs-Player Multiplayer modes running on dedicated game servers.
Initial release includes:
- 25 offline campaign missions
- 12 co-op missions to play with your friends
- 10 multiplayer/skirmish maps that support up to 8 players online
- AI with multiple difficulty options to play with cooperatively or fight against
- Classic Base-Building mechanics let you construct the ultimate HQ from which to launch attacks against your foes
- Destructible environments on maps ranging from small to very large
- Easy to understand modern military units and structures lets RTS beginners jump right in
- From the same team that brought you RTS classics such as Star Wars: Empire at War, Universe at War, and Grey Goo
8-Bit Armies is for anyone that enjoys RTS games, or felt overwhelmed by more serious games. With hours of solo and co-op gameplay included, there's something here for everyone!More reviews from game journalists...
"Its biggest offering to the RTS genre is its brilliant retro design and vivid, colourful graphics coupled with easy-to-learn gameplay. For those intimidated by the complexity of RTS games, 8-Bit Armies is a great place to start."
"Simple and balanced game play make 8-bit Armies an indie game gem! I wasn’t kidding when I said that I can’t stop playing this game, it is that good!"
- Just Press Start
"I love the the game, and it is definitely worth buying." and... "It's a fun, fun game and I'm absolutely, absolutely loving it!"
- Worth A Buy (YouTube)
32. Jagged Alliance Flashback
Jagged Alliance is back – and it is all about the unique mix of turn based tactics, fierce battles, squad management and crazy mercenary personalities.
It is 1988 on the Caribbean island group of San Hermanos. A corrupt leader has the islands in his grasp ... yet a group of rebels fights for democratic values and freedom. However, once the head of the rebels is arrested, the insurgents quickly dissolve. Arriving on the island, the player’s mission is to help the rebellion before things take a turn for the worse.
Take control of your own band of mercenaries, lead them into battle and manage your resources wisely. Fight back for freedom, sector by sector, turn by turn. Like the original Jagged Alliance series, Jagged Alliance Flashback gives you the choice to use your preferred tactics and build your squad around it – rush in with heavy armed troops or take the high road of distance shots and sniping.
More features and content will be added on a regular basis, and together with your feedback and support we will shape this game to be the best Jagged Alliance game yet! Please feel free to give us your comments, your thoughts and your recommendations. We listen to every one of you.
33. Elven Legacy
The shadows of destruction begin to loom on the horizon once a human mage uncovers a dark and powerful secret dating back to the remote past of the Elven race.
However, the Elves cannot allow this forbidden knowledge to fall into the hands of others and thus imperil the world. For the first time in countless years, this ancient race must venture forth and interfere with events transpiring in the lands of man. With the renegade mage in their sights, the sorceress Gilwen and ranger-lord Seagate set off together, unaware that beliefs and friendships alike will soon be tested...
- Classic turn-based strategy gameplay
- Multiplayer combat in 16 different scenarios
- Multiple endings which depend on your choices
- Powerful built-in game editor
34. Sol Survivor
Jump in to intense turret defense action with Sol Survivor! Build turrets to defend your colony and the innocent colonists within. Smash enemies with volleys of actively-controlled orbital support. Play with friends in co-operative and competitive multiplayer matches or test your mettle against our new Survival mode!
- Orbital Support - Get up close and personal with the enemy by calling down orbital lasers, salvos of artillery and many other weapons in support of your turrets. Never be stuck wishing your turrets could fire just one more shot!
- Huge Turret Arsenal - Twenty-six turrets are at the ready in the fight against the enemy, with each one filling a unique role. Try "old-time" strategies like cannons and mortars or ramp up the technology with banks of lasers and automated drones!
- 10 Unique Playstyles - Ten distinct executive officers bring unique combinations of turrets and support to the battlefield. Choose a favorite or pick the officer that best suits the challenge at hand!
- Immersive Camera and Controls - With a full rotational camera, the battlefield is at your fingertips. View the action from afar and plan strategies or get in close for precise actions!
- Exciting Co-Op and Multiplayer Modes - Choose from up to four game modes: the casual Duo mode, flexible Versus mode, challenging Co-Op or competitive Wars mode. Play with up to 8 friends!
- Survival Mode - Fight against tougher and tougher waves of enemies crafted randomly to create new challenges with each game. Challenge your friends to beat your best times!
- In-Game Encyclopedia - Always be well informed about the turrets and the enemy by consulting the in-game encyclopedia. Read up before starting a battle or check up on your knowledge quickly from the field.
35. American Conquest: Fight Back
Three centuries of war continue - with even more frantic combat and more desperate power struggles raging across the American continent. The Spanish sound the attack on Yucatan amidst fierce Maya and Aztec resistance. The Germans put all their efforts into finding the legendary Eldorado. The Pontiac Uprising ends in a terrifying bloodbath between Native Americans and the British. And the Russians will do anything to conquer Alaska at the cost of the Haida.
There is a fantastic bonus for shrewd strategists: the great new "battlefield" mode in single-player and multiplayer modes! Tactical skill alone will determine victory or defeat in single-player and multiplayer games. So, plunge into battle!
- Epic real-time strategy covering the era between 1517 and 1804
- New mode of gameplay: 10 battlefield missions in single and multiplayer modes for hard-core strategists
- 5 new nations: Germany, Russia, Haida (coastal Alaskan natives), Netherlands, Portugal
- Stand alone, original American Conquest not required to play
- 26 new missions in 8 thrilling campaigns, including the Search for El Dorado, Pontiac's War and the Conquest of Alaska
- New single player missions
- Captivating real-time battles with up to 16,000 units
- Tactical formations for infantry, cavalry and artillery
- Morale influenced by victories, defeats, food supplies, equipment and mercenary pay
- More than 50 new units
- Several multiplayer modes for up to 7 players via LAN or the Internet
Categories in common with American Conquest: Fight Back: Strategy
36. Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare
Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare is a unique combination of tactical first-person shooter and strategy game, where the player assumes the role of a commander and raise money, build an army, engage the enemies in field combat, attack hostile territories and defend currently held ones and eventually dominate the world.
The gameplay operates on two levels: the overworld map and the first-person shooter portion. In the overworld, the player can visit locations, trade, upgrade equipment, attack enemy armies, lay siege to towns, accept missions, and more. In the FPS portion, the player enters the battlefield in the first-person view, fight as a foot soldier and issue orders to the army.
- FPS meets Strategy Game
- Free-Form Sandbox Game Experience
- Epic Large Scale Combat
- Commanding an army
- Realistic Combat Simulation
37. Blood & Gold: Caribbean!
'Blood & Gold: Caribbean!' is a blend of economic strategy and open-world RPG, set in the pirate era of XVII Century Caribbean. The game is based on the significantly improved Mount & Blade: Warband engine.
Free for all previous owners of 'Caribbean!', Blood & Gold brings community's most wanted features, such as an addition of the Native tribes, reworked locations and strategy map, playable female character, special missions and other numerous tweaks and improvements.
Decide your own role and create your own adventure in Blood & Gold!
You could start out as a mercenary, accept an assassination mission, collect your reward, walk into a tavern and spend it all in a game of blackjack. Pick up a hooker, lend "protection" services to her procurer and get hit with a stool in your face during a street fight.
Get enslaved and sent to work in a mine, escape with your fellow prisoners, beat all the guards, then rob convoys with an army of former slaves. Save some gold, buy your first plantation and get rich by trading sugar.
Marry a governor's daughter, acquire a colony to rule and declare war against Spain. Spend all your savings on cannons, lose 10 boats and a corvette during a sea siege. Rush in first during a breach of the fortress in Havana and die from your own flagship's friendly fire.Features:
- Reworked version of the original game with a lot of new additions and improvements, free for all previous owners of "Caribbean!".
- Gather your own fleet and army to conquer Caribbean — with detailed management options and a lot customization possibilities on your hand.
- Make use of your business and trading talents by managing your commercial property and convoys.
- Naval battles with controllable ships and boarding fights.
- Special governor and underground missions: assassinations, arsons, seizure of property, protection of brothels and many more.
- With blackjack and hookers: take a break and try to make some money by playing cards.
38. Port Royale 2
The Caribbean in the 17th Century - Trade with over 60 towns, create your own production facilities, expand your trading empire and influence the development of the New World.
As pirates and military fleets threaten your trade convoys, you'll need escort ships. Or you can turn the tides and hunt for pirates and capture the military ships yourself.
Take on missions for merchants, diplomats and other characters. By taking on the daring missions of the Vice Kings, where you are to attack and conquer enemy towns, you will be able to influence the defenses of your home towns directly. As a sign of gratitude you will be awarded land, to be used later to build and oversee your own towns.
- Huge game world with 4 nations and 60 towns
- Construct production facilities, houses and special function buildings to help your towns flourish
- Create your own towns
- Stronger consequences in wars (towns can be conquered)
- Introductory scenarios to describe all important features of the game
- 8 special scenarios for a quick and easy start into the Port Royale 2 world
- Open ended game with endless detail and game depth
- 16 different ship-types
Categories in common with Port Royale 2: Strategy
39. Grand Ages: Rome
Raise massive armies, embark on epic campaigns to expand the Empire, and take control of the known world! Engage in grand-scale city building and create magnificent cities with creativity and control like never before. Intuitive controls make it easy to launch bone-crushing combat missions and manage every aspect of your thriving civilization.
After decades in exile, your family name has been all but forgotten in Rome. But, the departure of the tyrant Sulla has changed everything, and Rome stands on the brink of a new era. Sides must be chosen as Caesar and Pompey battle for control of the Republic. The stage is set for you to gain power and influence over one of the greatest civilizations in history.
Advanced Battle System
Take command of 18 different military units, including naval command, elephant cavalry, and mercenary forces. Recruit citizens of Rome, draft captured enemy forces, and pay foreign squads for their special skills. Defend and expand the Empire by land and sea with exciting RTS gameplay.
Online multiplayer functionality with 6 different strategy modes — play competitively or cooperatively. Create buddy lists and challenge your friends to a battle, or use the matching system and take on an unknown foe with the same skill level. Advance your career and increase your rank from praetor to consul and beyond.
Rub shoulders with Julius Caesar, Mark Antony, Cleopatra and more in a non-linear historical campaign featuring over 40 missions. Choose your own fate as you create and destroy alliances with more than 20 different historical figures. Celebrate your victories by erecting legendary monuments such as the Coliseum, Circus Maximus, the Pantheon, and more.
Flow resources eliminate tedious micromanagement, giving you the freedom to create thriving cities with multi-leveled economic systems. Information overlays visualize the city economy and satisfaction of the people on every location on the map.
4X REAL-TIME STRATEGY:
ExplorE — Journey to ancient Gaul, Britannia, Egypt, and more to colonize barbarians and establish new trade routes.
Expand — Stake your claim throughout the known world in the name of Rome! Help build the empire through military conquest and economic prowess.
Exploit — Natural resources are yours for the taking as you establish farming, mining, and logging operations. Raze barbarian villages for riches, labor, and property.
ExtErminatE — Destroy all who stand in the way of Rome's glory! Defend your territories by land and sea to secure peace and prosperity for the empire.
- Detailed citybuilding alongside rtS combat dramatically widens audience.
- Competitively priced within the genre.
- Extensive online multiplayer connectivity — play competitively or cooperatively.
- Game's scale is far beyond the city of rome, allowing players to experience all areas of the roman Empire by land and sea.
40. Production Line
Production line is the new car factory management/simulation/tycoon game that pushes your organisational and entrepreneurship skills to the limit. Can you build the ultimate optimised, free-flowing car production line whilst beating the competition and still turn a profit?
A modern car factory is a near perfect example of efficiency, process-management and flow. A massive army of precision-controlled robots dance to a milimeter-perfect ballet of engineering excellence with perfect timing. Components snake along conveyor belts to a 'just-in-time' ordering system that leaves no pauses, no delay, no confusion or congestion. Nothing exists but the perfect flowing efficiency of high tech car construction...
In practice, of course, life is not so simple. When you get to grips with your first factory design, it certainly will not feel in a state of pure flow...or profit for that matter. Making a handful of built-to-order cars and breaking even is one thing...but competing with the big multinationals and churning out thousands of cars for the mass market is a whole new ballgame.
To win market share from the big companies you are going to need planning, an appreciation of future technology, a careful eye on your bottom line, and an ability to design a factory layout that makes use of every square meter, and cuts production costs per car to the absolute minimum. Have you got what it takes to win?
Production line is the new car factory management/simulation/tycoon game from Positech Games, the developers of Democracy & Gratuitous Space Battles, and publishers of Big Pharma. This game is designed to appeal to the efficiency geek in all of us, the person who cannot help but organize things for maximum performance. The closet entrepreneur, the stats-geek, Is that you? if so...welcome to your dream game (we hope!)
The key to understanding production line is the division of labor and the merits of purpose-built machinery. At the start, your factory will be small and the individual slots on your production line will carry out large complex tasks (like fitting the car body). As you research better methods, and earn the funds to expand, you will continue to subdivide those slots into smaller (and faster) production areas which keep the flow of new vehicles flowing smoothly. At the same time, product design researchers will be working out how to enhance your cars with new technologies such as automatic headlights, power steering, bluetooth phone support and voice recognition.
its a race to be productive AND a race to be profitable. Are you ready to compete?
41. Act of Aggression - Reboot Edition
Act of Aggression – Reboot Edition brings the techno-thriller RTS game Act of Aggression to a higher level. The Reboot Edition offers a full gameplay overhaul: new resource system, playable builder units, new base buildings, simplified research system, and many major mechanic improvements for smoother and more dynamic gameplay in skirmish mode against the AI and in your multiplayer battles. Either launch the original game or Reboot Edition as you see fit, and experience the new benchmark of real-time strategy games.
With three global super-powers, there can be only one victory.
Across three distinct factions each armed with the greatest modern and prototype military weaponry, head into some of the world’s most volatile conflict zones, building bases for mass production, establishing resource supply lines, and waging war in Eugen Systems’ explosive RTS.
Build and manage the cogs of war in a return to strategic base-building, resource harvesting, and dynamic tech-trees. Capture banks and enemy soldiers to generate cash income. Upgrade units with specialization and unlock new skills. Embark on an epic single player Campaign with a thrilling original story, and fight throughout the world on realistic environments. Compete online in visceral PVP battles and become the best commander!
Act of Aggression Reboot Edition brings new features to skirmish modes:
- Streamlined Economy: Manage two resources: oil and cash, allowing you to focus on the action. Unit expenditure is up-front, meaning no more micromanaging production lines.
- New Base Building System: Like a traditional RTS, base building units are selectable. Build directly from the builder (or destroy your opponent’s builder!)
- New Airstrikes: You no longer control the planes mid-flight. They go directly to their target and strike, much faster than previously.
- Huge balancing update and unit model improvements as well as UI tweaks and changes: for example, all units now accelerate and decelerate faster, with more streamlined, action packed RTS gameplay.
Categories in common with Act of Aggression - Reboot Edition: Strategy
42. Order of Battle: World War II
Order of Battle: World War II is breath of fresh air for all strategy fans. It is a game that takes wargaming to a new level by upgrading every single game element and rebooting the genre for a new generation of players. Detailed terrain, rich animations and a slick interface, all within a traditional setting and with the elements that are familiar to experienced players - Order of Battle: World War II follows in the footsteps of all time classics, such as Panzer General.
With a selection of over 700 unique looking and behaving units, players can build and manage their army, fleet and air force throughout the campaigns set in the various theatres of operations during WW2. A unique system of specializations allows players to customize their forces with special units, bonuses and abilities that reflect the difference in strategies and mentality of the various factions.
A set of unique Commanders – split between Generals, Pilots and Captains – is gradually unlocked in the campaigns. These can be attached to specific units to provide unique bonuses to anything in their command range. While good use of unit types and tactics remains the player's priority, clever use of Commanders can tip the balance in an offensive operation or buy just enough time in defense to turn the tide to your favor.
In Order of Battle: World War II, a unique supply system also plays a key factor that directly affects the combat efficiency of the units. Landing on an enemy island without any support ships will prevent the invasion forces from building a solid beachhead, and breaking the supply lines of your opponent, isolating his units and making encirclement maneuvers are the strategies required to achieve an ultimate victory.
Add an intuitive in-game scenario editor, up to 4 player multiplayer support through Hotseat or Slitherine's PBEM++ server system and you have a game with endless re-playability.
- Classic turn based, hex based gameplay with an intuitive UI and great depth.
- Play in dynamic campaigns with unit carryover and multiple "what-if" scenarios.
- A rich 3D world with detailed animations and effects. Turn-based wargaming has never looked this good!
- 20 different Specializations give a unique feel to each faction including Banzai Charge, Bushido Code and even the Manhattan Project.
- Over 700 different unit types, including infantry, tanks, ships and aircraft, each with unique visuals and animations
- Attach unique commanders to your units to give them additional offensive and defensive bonuses
- A deep but intuitive supply system allowing breakthroughs & encirclements.
- 4 player multiplayer over PBEM++ and hotseat, supporting last-man-standing, teamplay and cooperative against AI scenarios.
- An extensive, user-friendly in-game scenario editor with a what-you-see-is-what-you-get design.
Neoverse is a beautiful, fantastic game consisting of adventures with thrilling challenges. It is a strategic, action, rogue-lite, deck building game that will test the player’s skill. Start an adventure with unique heroes to save the world along various timelines.“Be the savior of Neoverse”
- 3 amazing characters, all with their own unique characteristics
- 300 strategic cards and more than 100 skills
- Over 70 types of monsters with different patterns
- A never-ending continuation of unlimited possibilities
- Transcend difficulty settings for the more challenge-driven players
- Different combinations created using new cards each time you play
- Future destinations that change each time choices are made
- Plots and enemies that leap across the past, the future, and legendary tales
- Charismatic protagonists with unique actions
- Auto-draw system when cards are remaining
- Different skill combinations based on the character
CaesarIA is inspired by an old-school economic strategy game, Caesar III which is a masterpiece among the games of this genre in our opinion. There are different economic strategy games and they can be broken down to subtypes but from our viewpoint Caesar encompasses planning, constructing, diplomacy and military campaigns.
Economy and Trade
Miniature model of an economy leaves the ruler no room for mistakes, under his leadership there are extractive industry (mines, sawmills, outcrop mines and farms) and production (factories, armories, wineries and brandy kitchens). And if some resource is scarce or not available, then trade with the neighbors can be a solution for the difficult situation. Mini-economy is complicated and takes into account a variety of facts: taxes, import/export, population of the town, healthcare, unemployment. In order to stay in the black it is necessary to develop houses with high income level but that can lead to a rise in unemployment which consequently results in big problems such as an embezzlement of municipal purse.
Construction is defined by the needs of the town, healthcare, procurement, buildings security provision. The main idea of construction is bringing workers to the area, there actors entertain the public, engineer provides service for shabby houses, vigils fight criminals. Moreover, city folk prefer to occupy quiet picturesque location such as gardens farther from dirty barns and noisy barracks.
The emperor will not leave the town alone, Caesar himself will demand goods for his personal use, sometimes in huge amounts and with bad timing. If the player has enough nerve he/she can just turn a blind eye to Caesar which unfortunately results in game over. Therefore, it is important to stay friends with Caesar and send him presents such as modest donations or exotic animals. Towns in the neighborhood will also take part in common trade network of the Empire and compete in the deals with the town.
Romans were superstitions people and created the whole hierarchy of gods. 5 gods are in the game:
- Earth goddess, Ceres, when worshiped in the right way doubles the yield capacity.
- Restive Neptune can help the merchants have a successful voyage.
- Sly Mercurius can fill all barns and storage houses up to the roof.
- Spirit of Mars protects the town from foes brave enough to attack the town.
- Venus can brighten up the mood of city folk for a long time.
Attitude of the City Folk
The attitude of the city folk to you will be very important, if the reputation of the ruler is bad it can start the emigration, then criminal rate increases - riots, fires and many other problems occur. Therefore, it is necessary to take care of the people and analyse current deficiency. Healthcare is provided by hospitals and bath houses. Entertainment is fence play and chariot-riding. Food comes from farms and the sea. Religion and security are at control of the regular army.
The city has to be protected from invasions of barbarians, the creation of bastille lies ahead, soldiers and barracks can be situated there as well as recruit depot. However, this is a way to recruit only varmint velites and reckless equites. Roman army is its legionnaires and they are heavily armored with helmets and shields that means a demand for ore and iron which are not so easy to excavate. But even if you have 2 cohorts of legionnaires nobody is free of fear therefore there is a need in a military academy where soldiers can have additional training in survival and ethics.
+ Upload of the map from the original Caesar III game;
+ Construction\demolition of buildings and edifices;
+ Migration of population;
+ Farming and product distribution;
+ Entertainment, healthcare, religion, education;
+ Empire trade network with computer towns;
+ Extraction of raw materials and manufacturing;
+ Prefects, engineers, apprentices, soldiers, etc.;
+ Dynamic town modeling;
+ Changing the level of the houses according to the environment;
+ Healthcare and water facilities;
+ Military buildings.
- Real-life financial system (salary, goods purchase, hiring);
- Specialization of city folk, setting up personal relations and families;
- Class system in the town (slaves, plebs, clients and patricians);
- Various climate conditions;
- Map editor;
- Computer towns and empires modeling;
- Network play.
45. Railroad Tycoon 3
Railroad Tycoon 3 features 25 scenarios challenging players to recreate magnificent feats of railroading history from around the world. Players can lay track (including tunnels and overpasses), pick from over 40 locomotives from early steams to modern bullets, choose to haul over 35 types of cargo in a dynamic economy, and participate in an advanced stock market.
The new 3-D engine takes the franchise to the next level, allowing smooth scaling from an 'eye in the sky' view of an entire continent down to super detailed close-up of a beautifully modeled train, building, or just the landscape.
Railroad Tycoon 3 also includes more multiplayer support than its predecessor, integrating an on-line chat and matchmaking service. To top everything off, the game's soundtrack features another installment of some of the best authentic blues, bluegrass, and Americana music around.
Multiplayer available in LAN mode only.
46. Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold
SUPREME RULER 2020 Overnight, the US dollar crashes AND the sound echoes across the globe. The economic crisis amplifies global instabilities and regional disputes, tearing the world asunder. Nations dissolve, economies collapse, and tensions escalate. Anarchy reigns supreme. The world needs a leader. At last, your time has come.
- Sophisticated strategic & tactical military command system
- Select from hundreds of actual military vehicles
- Detailed diplomatic, economic, and political models
- Play as any of over 250 territories, worldwide
- Single & Multiplayer modes
- Extensive modability
- High-Res NASA satellite imagery
- Super sandbox mode offers unlimited customization & replay value
- 20 new scenarios which more than doubles the number of scenarios
- Additional new multiplayer scenarios
- New campaign/sandbox map along a new storyline leading players towards WWIII
- New scenario features including scripted & random events
- Improved unit control & grouping
- Expanded tech tree
- New units & new meshes
- Additional game lobby options
- More tutorials and in-game tips
- Graphic improvements
Categories in common with Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold: Strategy
47. Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs
Regalia: Of Men And Monarchs is an RPG full of challenging combat and exciting adventures. Create your party of distinct individuals and get to work! There's a lot to be done if you are to rebuild your kingdom.
Enjoy the beautiful hand-drawn graphics, lose yourself in the original orchestral soundtrack composed by Game Audio Factory (of Furi and the Endless series fame), and go adventuring in the untamed regions of the land of Ascalia!
Your story begins in somewhat unexpected circumstances. Who would have thought that after your father passed away you would inherit… a wondrous kingdom far, far away? Unfortunately as soon as you arrive in Ascalia you find out the kingdom is drowning in terrible debt. Now, through some good old fashioned adventuring, you have to return your family seat to its former glory, help out your new subjects, and repay the kingdom’s massive debt!
Regalia: Of Men And Monarchs is a brand new RPG and a Kickstarter success. It was funded by gamers who, just like us, believe that we need to have more good tactical role-playing games. In the end, it was made to be everything we ourselves want from an honest RPG game.
So, will you defeat all the rats, bandits, monsters, and debt collectors? Or will your ruined kingdom fall into an even worse ruin? If you don’t succeed it will be the world’s first ruined ruin. And that’s just the worst.
- Robust turn-based battles with varied objectives and lots of viable strategies
- 6 various regions to explore, each filled with battles, adventures, bosses and more!
- More than 20 unique characters to meet, recruit or befriend. Foster relationships and create the ultimate team of misfits!
- All you need to be a successful king: town management, diplomacy, expeditions
- A light-hearted story with tons of humour and a fair amount of epicness
- Over 30 hours of gameplay
- Huge replayability factor: you won’t discover all the content in just one playthrough
- Craft new, powerful weapons
- Beautiful graphics with hand-drawn 2D backgrounds
- Orchestral soundtrack composed by Game Audio Factory (Endless Legend, Endless Space, Furi)
- Professional English voice acting
- Samurai dwarves!
I’d really love to draw your attention to Polish Regalia, Final Fantasy Tactics with Persona-esque social links system and humourous storytelling like in the Disgaea series.
The game already looks remarkably polished, featuring tons of great looking art and an already very deep battle system.
The Vertical Slice
If you’re a fan of tactical RPGs, this is definitely something to put on your list.
48. Seven Kingdoms 2 HD
Seven Kingdoms 2 is an award-winning classic real-time strategy game of intrigue and diplomacy, of trade and industry, of betrayal, espionage and conquest.
Take control of any of twelve emerging Human civilizations: Egyptian, Indian, Persian, Chinese, Japanese, Mongol, Greek, Roman, Carthaginian, Norman, Viking or Celt.
- Unique gameplay that is not just about gathering resources, amassing a big army and attacking enemies.
- An incredible blend of city management, trade, industry, espionage, diplomacy and conquest.
- You can either fight or buy your way to victory.
- Play as Humans or Fryhtans
- 12 Ancient Human Kingdoms, including Egyptian, Indian, Persian, Chinese, Japanese, Mongol, Greek, Roman, Carthaginian, Norman, Viking or Celt.
- 7 Fearful Fryhtan Species and their Special Units & Powers
- 12 Powerful Gods and Goddesses
- Heroes to hire for each of the 12 human civilizations
- Build Industries & Trading Routes
- Intriguing espionage actions, including agitation, counter-spy, information theft, bribing, assassination, technology theft, and camouflage.
- Conduct Subtle Diplomacy or Flagrantly Break Treaties
- A Random Campaign Generator with role playing elements.
- HD support – Support screen resolutions up to 1920x1080.
- Large map mode which is 4 times as large as the original map, opening up new strategy possibilities.
- 14 high quality music tracks
- Improved gameplay balance
- Enhanced shortcut key support
49. Lords of Magic: Special Edition
The evil sorcerer Balkoth and his horde of followers have laid waste to the pastoral lands of Urak. Once magnificent cities lie in ruin, and the Great Temples of the land once devoted to learning are now overrun by Balkoth’s worshippers. Those that remain pray for a leader to rise from the ashes.
Lords of Magic builds on the strategy template of the Lords of the Realm series and infuses it into a fantasy role-playing epic. Wield fantastic sorcery as you explore the lands, develop your abilities and form powerful alliances.
Lead an army into the darkness and prove yourself a true Lord of magic!Lords of Magic: Special Edition includes:
- The original Lords of Magic game
- The Legends of Urak quest pack
- Blends classic fantasy role-playing with real-time strategy combat.
- Build your empire and vie to control 8 distinct capitals, be it through conquest or allegiance.
- Choose from 24 editable Lords, and develop them into warriors, mages and thieves.
- Pit your armies in real-time combat against skeletons, dragons and other powerful monsters.
- Take on epic adventures based on the legends of Merlin, Beowulf and Siegfried.
Multiplayer notice: LAN and online play are unavailable.
50. The Spatials: Galactology
Weird and Wry is a Barcelona game development studio founded in 2014 by two brothers: Carlos and Max Carrasco. Carlos (a programmer) and Max (an artist) share a love for simulation games and classic play -- which heavily influenced The Spatials, their first project. Inspired by the great classic sim games of the '90s, The Spatials combined classic base-building gameplay (based on isometric tile room building) with a real-time combat system and an exploration campaign. The Spatials was released on Steam in March 2015 and took off! Thanks to its success and growing fan base, The Spatials spawned a sequel -- The Spatials: Galactology, which updates the original concept with deeper gameplay and a whole new take on the space station management business.