The best games like Shattered Horizon are:
- arrow_rightBorderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- arrow_rightAlien: Isolation
- arrow_rightResident Evil 6
- arrow_rightWarhammer 40,000: Space Marine
- arrow_rightCall of Duty: Ghosts
- arrow_rightMedal of Honor Airborne
- arrow_rightX3: Reunion
100 Best Games Like Shattered Horizon:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (55)
- PlayStation 4 (74)
- iOS (47)
- Android (29)
- macOS (88)
- Linux (60)
- Nintendo Switch (24)
- Nintendo 3DS (4)
- Nintendo DS (7)
- Xbox 360 (46)
- Xbox (7)
- PlayStation 3 (63)
- PlayStation 2 (15)
- PlayStation (6)
- PS Vita (7)
- PSP (4)
- Wii U (9)
- Wii (13)
- GameCube (2)
- Game Boy Advance (4)
- Game Boy Color (1)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (3)
- NES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (6)
- Atari ST (2)
- Genesis (1)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (1)
- Web (2)
1. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
The game belongs to the Borderlands game line, its action takes place between the events of Borderlands and Borderlands 2.
Everything happens on the moon of Pandora - Elpis. The story tells about the formation of Hyperion Corporation and the fate of its head - Handsome Jack, whom we meet while in the role of a simple programmer who dreams to find some valuable artifact. In the game there are various innovations - in the plot, in the characters, in the scenarios of missions and in the setting. For example, on the Pandora satellite, gravity is much weaker, but there is no oxygen at all. Therefore, the task of obtaining oxygen becomes very important for everyone. Moreover, oxygen is needed not only for breathing, but also for the functioning of personal jetpacks and long high jumps. In the game there is another additional story and downloadable content, including new characters and story campaigns.
2. Alien: Isolation
Alien: Isolation is an action-survival horror game played from the first-person perspective for a more intense experience. The game is not a sequel to any of Alien games, but it is directly connected to the original 1979 Alien film, so the gameplay includes historical references, and the game itself transfers the unique atmosphere and the old vision of the future. The action is set 15 years after the film events. Young Amanda Ripley accompanied by Nina Taylor and the android Christopher Samuels reaches a distant space station Sevastopol to investigate the case of her mother Ellen Ripley (the protagonist of the 1979 film) disappearance. On the way to the Nostromo’s (Ellen’s spacecraft) flight recorder, Amanda will face plenty of hardships like hostile androids and Aliens because the Sevastopol station is wholly abandoned. Players have to explore the entire station inhabited with Aliens. Due to the crafting system, players can create the necessary gear to prevent contacts with countless enemies.
Categories in common with Alien: Isolation: Action
3. Resident Evil 6
Bioterrorism ... Terrorists infect the US President with a vaccine that makes him an aggressive zombie. And one of the heroes of the game will have to kill him. Behind the terrorists, there is a mafia organisation that wants to hide the truth about the impossibility to control the biological weapons developed by it, which turns people into zombies. Bioterrorists opposed by a detachment of special forces - it serves two other characters.
The action of the game periodically turns from a personal vendetta into a global catastrophe and back. One President-zombie is replaced by whole cities of infected. Zombies and mutants, bioterrorists, special forces and mercenaries - they all act constantly, fight and survive in open territories and secret bases.
In total, you can play for seven characters, including a woman - the head of terrorists. Four story campaigns, after going through one line of the plot, you can choose another lens and see the events from a different perspective.
There are many enemies, but ammunition drops out of them after death. The more dangerous is the enemy, the more ammo is dropped. In hand-to-hand combat, various combo attacks help. The complete passage of the game is described as approximately 25 hours of pure action.
Following the plot of the game, you play as a Point Man, who works for F. E. A. R. - a fictional special forces unit, which is forced to resist the rebel squad of cloned supersoldiers. He also faces a supernatural threat - Alma, a ghostly creature in the form of a little girl. The game consists of 11 episodes with an epilogue. As for the plot, it is completely confused until the end.
One of the primary abilities of the player is to slow down time. Being in this state for not so long, you can see the traces of flying bullets, move faster and get an advantage in battle.
The whole game comes from the first person, and the camera never shows the player from the side. Also, the game is often criticised for the fact that the primary action levels take place inside the buildings, not in the open area. But the player can attack the enemy from anywhere, hiding behind a wall, or create a shelter for additional protection.
5. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
A millions-strong Ork horde has invaded an Imperial Forge World, one of the planet-sized factories where the war machines for humanity’s never ending battle for survival are created. Losing this planet is not an option and be aware of the far more evil threat lurking large in the shadows of this world.
Experience 40,000 years of combat, evolved. Enhance your vast arsenal as you unlock new weapons, upgrades, armor & abilities through an accessible progression system. This devastating weaponry empowers players to deliver bone crushing violence and dismemberment to their enemies.
With an Imperial liberation fleet en-route, the Ultramarines are sent in to hold key locations until reinforcements arrive. Captain Titus and a squad of Ultramarine veterans use the bolter and chainsword to take the fight to the enemies of mankind.
BRUTAL 8VS8 ONLINE COMBAT
Form your own Space Marine squad or Chaos Space Marine warband and face off in 8 vs 8 online matches. Gain experience and unlock new weapons and armor to customize the Devastator, Assault, and Tactical Marine classes.
6. Call of Duty: Ghosts
Call of Duty: Ghosts is the tenth major game in Call of Duty series and the sixth developed by Infinity Ward. The game tells a story about the nuclear destruction of the Middle East in the near future. The game’s main characters are the Ghosts, a force of U.S. Special Operations unit who conducts missions behind enemy lines. The unit is led by U.S. Army Captain Elias Walker, his sons Logan and David Walker but also with Riley, Captain Thomas A. Merrick and Sergeant Keegan p. Russ. The main antagonist of the game is Gabriel Rorke, who was a former leader of Ghosts but now works for the Federation after being brainwashed by it with torture and hallucinogens.
In Call of Duty: Ghosts the player controls not only a character of Logan Walker, but also an astronaut specialist Baker, Logan’s father Elias Walked and Riley – a dog who is the part of Ghosts team in some missions.
The game also features usual multiplayer and Extinction mode which tells a story set in the alternate reality about ancient creatures called Cryptids who want to destroy humanity.
7. Medal of Honor Airborne
Step into the boots of Boyd Travers, Private First Class of the “All-American” 82nd Airborne Division, and revolutionize the way the war is fought. From a rocky beginning in Sicily to war winning triumphs in the heart of Germany, fight the epic WWII battles that turned America’s first paratroopers into combat legends. Begin each mission from the air and behind enemy lines, then jump immediately into the action. On the ground, tackle objectives in any order across an expansive, free-roaming environment, using a wide variety of upgradeable weapons to your strategic advantage.
For instructions on how to switch language in-game after initial launch, see the README file available in game Support file.
8. X3: Reunion
X3: Reunion is the third game in the X series of futuristic space exploration simulators. It is set in the X-Universe, a science fiction world that includes over 100 interconnected star systems.
The game continues the plot of its predecessor X2: The Threat and follows the same protagonist, Julian Gardna, a space pilot from the year 2935. A former pirate, he helps the Argonian military to train pilots. The Argon Federation is at war with the alien race called Kha'ak, who wiped out much of the Argonian fleet. Julian has to uncover the secret reasons behind the Kha'ak invasion and to restore the jump gate that leads to the original Earth, which means that the Terrans finally appear in the X universe. The protagonist also has to save his father Kyle who is wanted for alleged crimes by the Paranid civilization.
X3: Reunion is set in the open world that the player can freely explore. He or she can follow the storyline or abandon it and follow the side quests instead. Most of the time the player controls the main character's starship. The protagonist can change his ship and use a different vessel that fits for different missions, such as a battlecruiser, a carrier, or a scout ship. The player can mine and trade resources, competing against the AI players, to earn money and status. As the player improves his or her status and reputation with various factions, the new ships and upgrades are unlocked.
Brink is an immersive first-person shooter that blends single-player, co-op, and multiplayer gameplay into one seamless experience, allowing you to develop your character whether playing alone, with your friends, or against others online. You decide the combat role you want to assume in the world of Brink as you fight to save yourself and mankind’s last refuge. Brink offers a compelling mix of dynamic battlefields, extensive customization options, and an innovative control system that will keep you coming back for more.
Brink takes place on the Ark, a man-made floating city that is on the brink of all-out civil war. Originally built as an experimental, self-sufficient and 100% “green” habitat, the reported rapid rise of the Earth’s oceans has forced the Ark to become home to not only the original founders and their descendants but also to thousands of refugees. With tensions between the two groups growing, Security and Resistance forces are locked in a heated battle for control of the Ark. Which side will you choose?
- Not Just Another Hero – Brink's advanced player customization offers a near-endless combination of looks for your character – allowing for the appearance of your character to be truly unique. As you progress through the game and acquire more experience, you’ll have even more opportunities for customization.
- Two Sides to Every Story – Choose to fight through the single player campaign as either a member of the Resistance or the Security and then take your same character online to play cooperatively or competitively against other players.
- Blurring the Lines – Take your unique character online at any time you choose! Brink allows you to seamlessly move between your single player campaign, co-op with friends, and intense multiplayer action. Multiplayer takes the story online where you can play with up to seven other people (or AI characters) cooperatively as you take on the opposing faction or with up to 16 players competitively.
- Play SMART – Brink uses the familiar shooter controls that you’re used to, without frustrating, artificial constraints and adds a new feature: the SMART button. When you press the SMART button, the game dynamically evaluates where you’re trying to get to, and makes it happen. Whether you’re a seasoned FPS veteran or someone just getting started, you’ll be able to make more intelligent decisions during the fast-paced action with SMART.
- Context-Sensitive Goals and Rewards - Objectives, communications, missions, and inventory selection are all dynamically generated based on your role, your condition, your location, your squad-mates, and the overall status of the battle in all gameplay modes. You’ll always know exactly where to go, what to do when you get there, and what your reward will be for success.
Kholat is the survival horror game centered around the events that took place in real life.
The events depicted in the game force the player to explore the world of Kholatsyakhl — Ural mountain, leaving no stone unturned to find the truth about the death of nine students on the Dyatlov Pass. The point of the game is to find all of the notes and progress through the plot, but collecting all the items is not necessary — it is nonetheless recommended to assemble them all to recollect the 1959 events.
The game is mostly about exploring and uncovering the mystery behind the death of the hike participators. There are some jump-scares involved. The gameplay centers around walking and hiding from The Shadows of the dead students— the only hostile characters in the game. With the absence of jumping ability, the protagonist has quite a few exploring tricks at their disposal. The game is strictly linear giving, however, with the ability to replay the main plot, collecting every possible note.
Kholat is often considered to have atmospheric and immersive experience thanks to Shaun Bin voiceover and the unique soundtrack; all of the above is considered as a softening factor for the games various flaws: a bunch of invisible walls, optimization issues and no narrative as a whole.
12. Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered
Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered is a third-person action game remake developed by Volition, Inc.
After the EDF took down the Ultron Corporation, a new tyrannical regime was established soon after. Alec Mason comes to the red planet in search for work and to see his brother. Not long after their meeting, Mason's brother is murdered by the Earth Defence Force. Alec learns about an underground resistance group called Red Faction and joins them to seek revenge for his brother.
The players have to complete a wide range of missions in the game's singleplayer mode. These missions can be taken in whichever order the players see fit. There are six districts present on the planet. Mason has to gain the trust and respect of the residents from the whole districts to make them join his side, lower the enemy presence, and in the end, put the regime to end.
The game's world is highly interactive with the players being able to bring every building they want down thanks to an advanced physics model. This feature is used a lot in the game, as many quests will have Mason demolishing administration buildings, infrastructure and so on. The in-game currency is given out to the players for the destruction of the environment and mission completion.
Re-Mars-tered Edition features
No gameplay changes were applied whatsoever. However, the game's graphics engine was heavily reworked and modified which allowed for native 4K and HDR support.
13. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
An expansion to Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 that can be played without the original game. Uprising features additional campaigns for three factions: the Allies, the Soviets, and the Empire of the Rising Sun. The plot continues the events of Red Alert 3, making Allied victory in previous game canon.
The Soviet Union fights for its very existence because Allied corporation FutureTech is developing a weapon that can freeze time. Its leaders want to erase Soviet Russia from the history once and forever. The war in Allied-occupied Japan continues, as there are still pockets of resistance that Allies have to suppress, and there are two Russian generals taking over parts of the Empire. There's also a standalone campaign that reveals the origins of Yuriko Omega, a Japanese girl with psionic abilities, and follows her as she becomes a commando for the Empire, and later a prisoner of the Allies.
Unlike some of the previous games in the series, Red Alert 3 – Uprising allows no multiplayer modes, neither cooperative nor competitive.
Categories in common with Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising: Strategy
14. Natural Selection 2
Natural Selection is a unique blend of RTS and first-person shooter that is complex enough it takes some time to master.
Two teams -- elite marines Frontiersmen and vicious alien Khaara -- compete against each other on robust maps. The number of them is limited only by the play imagination: the game features compelling level editor, scripting and graphical tools to sculpt a unique adventure. FPS mechanic is simple -- you just point and shoot. The beauty of the game mechanics truly shines in intense multiplayer sessions: you have to come up with the cunning strategy to win against players in Khaara team. The goal: clear spreading alien infestation for marines and destroy power nodes for aliens. For a successful completion of all tasks, players need to choose a leader in their midst. The leader rank requires to come up with the cunning strategy as well as with operative control of players.
Developers are still polishing their creation, so players are sure to get new patches and maps frequently.
15. Star Conflict
This is a free space MMO action game from the Russian studio Targem Games. The player controls spaceships that perform different roles in combat. Each player can develop abilities, and learn special skills, develop new strategies. Under the control of the player, there is a whole fleet of different ships from formidable frigates to small reconnaissance ships. Players can also unite in alliances and fight for control over the galaxy's sectors. The gameplay of similar in many ways to another famous game in the genre E.V.E, Star Conflict is more action and less economic than its competitor, and an understandable control scheme allows the players to perform crazy maneuvers.
Players can participate in session based PvP battles or explore the Open Space, where they complete various quests and missions, fight AI controlled enemies and gather resources. With the 'Journey' update developers redesigned the progression system. Players can now earn experience points and unlock new content by taking part in a story-driven campaign.
According to the plot of the game, three thousand years passed after the first shuttles with the settlers left the Earth. Now the universe is divided between militarised star empires and scattered groups of mercenaries. In sector 1337, fragments of the mysterious civilization of aliens are found. For ancient artifacts, hunting begins and from all corners of the galaxy fly amateurs of adventure, hunted to profit.
16. Kingdom Rush
Kingdom Rush is a tower defense game, the first installment in Kingdom Rush series. The game was initially released as a flash game by Armor Games but later received ports for iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux.
The gameplay of Kingdom Rush shares many similarities with other tower-defense games. On each level, you have to defeat your town from waves of enemies crawling across the map.
To do so, you place towers which automatically attack enemies that get in their range of attack. There four types of towers in Kingdom Rush: Ranged Towers, Melee Towers, Mage Towers, and Artillery Towers. Ranged Towers shoot arrows at any enemy that gets in their sight. Melee Towers spawn troops that march towards enemies and engage in close combat. Mage Towers fire magic bolt that is especially effective against armored enemies. Artillery Towers are the slowest and the most expensive ones, but they deal much damage and can hit several enemies with one shot. Aside from placing towers, a player can use special abilities such as meteor strikes that directly damage any emeries on the map.
There are 12 levels in the primary campaign and several extra levels that can be unlocked after beating the game. Additionally, there is an Endless mode with one map that lets player stand against infinite waves of enemies for as long as they can.
Hatred fills your whole body. You’re sick and tired of humanity’s worthless existence. The only thing that matters is your gun and the pure Armageddon that you want to unleash.
You will go out for a hunt, and you will clear the New York outskirts of all humans with cold blood. You will shoot, you will hurt, you will kill, and you will die. There are no rules, there is no compassion, no mercy, no point in going back. You are the lord of life and death now - and you have full control over the lives of worthless human scum.
You will also run, you will need to think, you will need to hide and fight back when armed forces come to take you down. You will have no mercy for them, because they dare to stand in your way.
Only brutality and destruction can cleanse this land. Only a killing spree will make you die spectacularly and go to hell.
18. TRANSFORMERS: Fall of Cybertron
Transformers™: Fall of Cybertron™ transports you to the final days of the planet Cybertron where you will experience the darkest hours of the apocalyptic war between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS. Embark on an adrenaline-fueled journey through a wide range of missions and massive environments designed around each character’s unique abilities. With the stakes higher than ever before, you play as a variety of Transformers characters, including Grimlock’s nearly indestructible T-Rex form and the legendary Combaticons forming into the colossal Bruticus. Fight through both sides of the Transformers’ most epic battles leading to their legendary exodus from their homeworld.
Transformers™: Fall of Cybertron™ allows you to go head-to-head as AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS with its multi-player online mode. Create your own personalized character and weaponry with the most advanced and in-depth customization ever before seen in a Transformers video game.
Categories in common with TRANSFORMERS: Fall of Cybertron: Action
19. Aliens: Colonial Marines Collection
You and your friends are the deadliest killers in the galaxy. Another glorious day in the Corps.
Buckle up, soldier! Welcome to Aliens™: Colonial Marines. Created by Gearbox, the critically acclaimed and fan-favourite developers of Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, you and your friends will become the most badass military outfit in the galaxy – the US Colonial Marines. It’s up to you to not just survive, but wipe out the Xeno infestation.
Key Features: Enlist in the Marine Corps.
Bringing you a true sequel to the classic Aliens film, get tooled up with classic Marine weapons including pulse rifles, motion trackers and
The most authentic Aliens experience ever.
Using authentic environments inspired by the film series including Hadley’s Hope, the Sulaco and LV-426, you will be immersed in an eerie, atmospheric
world where any moment could bring your death.
Drop-in/Drop-out co-operative gameplay.
The masters of co-op bring their expertise to the Aliens universe. Xenos getting too tough? Call up your buddies so they can drop in with extra
firepower. The whole campaign can be played with a squad of up to four players, dropping in and out as necessary through self-contained missions
within an over-arching narrative.
Loadouts and upgrades.
Create your perfect killing machine. An extensive upgrade system allows players to customise their characters to play the way they want. Earn experience to get perks, new weapons and new looks for your squad.
Categories in common with Aliens: Colonial Marines Collection: Action
20. Space Hack
Set in the 23rd Century, Space Hack follows the adventures of the eponymous Hack, a space marine onboard the starship Maximus. Back on Earth, the overpopulation forced the humanity to launch several expeditions to colonize the alien worlds. The game is set on Maximus after it was attacked by the insectoid alien invaders. The levels represent various Earth biospheres contained within the ship.
Judging by its main gameplay features, Space Hack is, basically, Diablo in space. It’s a straightforward hack-and-slash game that uses the same point-and-click controls and even a level design similar to Diablo. There’s a safe base where you heal your wounds and purchase equipment, and from there you lead Hack through the monster-infested Maximus. Compared to Diablo, the game puts an even stronger emphasis on the combat and has fewer RPG elements. The game has no character selection and no classes. There’s a skill system, but it is your equipment that has the most influence on gameplay. Hack uses a variety of sci-fi firearms that freeze, burn, or explode the alien bugs, as well as melee weapons, armor, and special items. His health regenerates over time, but the process is slow, so the protagonist will require Medpacks to restore HP.
21. Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
Based on a true story. Set during the famous airdrop before the invasion at Normandy, where Sgt. Matt Baker and his squad of 101st Airborne Paratroopers were scattered over the French countryside.
As the story unfolds, you must choose between the success of your mission and the lives of your men - your brothers in arms.
Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30 will immerse players in the historic, eight-day invasion of Normandy - with unparalleled imagery, authenticity, sound, and gameplay.
One of a kind: Brothers In Arms Road to Hill 30 is the only first-person tactical shooter set in WWII.
Real military tactics: Intuitive and easy-to-use squad controls appeal to both the hardcore and mainstream gaming audience.
Real soldiers: Featuring a cast of more than 20 characters, each with a unique personality, appearance, and style.
Revolutionary AI system: Allies and enemies use the standard operating procedures of fire and maneuver to flank and kill their foes.
Unprecedented authenticity: Historically accurate and detailed battlefields, events, and equipment re-created from Army Signal Corps photos, aerial reconnaissance imagery, and eyewitness accounts.
Innovative multiplayer: Players command three-man AI teams in a battle of wits and skill to accomplish exciting objectives.
Award-winning team: Gearbox Software, creators of Half-Life Opposing Force and developers of James Bond: Nightfire, Counter-Strike, and Halo (PC).
Categories in common with Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30: Action
22. Hydrophobia: Prophecy
Hydrophobia Prophecy is an improved version of the game Hydrophobia, designed for the PlayStation 3 and Steam. Hydrophobia Prophecy includes both new levels (updated approximately 70% of the content) and levels already exist, but have undergone significant processing.
Both the original and the reworked version of the game are created as part of the action-adventure genre with elements of survival horror in the cyberpunk style.
Place and time of action
The game takes place in the middle of the XXI century. By this time, the world is plunged into chaos caused by great overpopulation. Lands suitable for food production are destroyed by rising ocean levels and the spread of deserts. Hunger and misery reign in the world. The most precious resource of humanity in these conditions is simple drinking water.
The game takes place on board a giant cruise liner comparable in size to the city. The liner is called Queen of the World, it was built by a group of giant corporations to create comfortable conditions for the elected representatives from among the managers of these corporations.
At the very beginning of the game, a group of terrorists is attacking and seizing a ship. The terrorists call themselves "Neo Malthusians" (after the economist Thomas Malthus, who predicted the death of humanity from overpopulation). They plan to kill many people so that the world will return to a state fit for a full life. Attacking the liner, the terrorists painted the walls with their slogans, the same slogans are broadcast on screens all over the ship. One of the slogans: “Save the World - Kill Yourself!”.
The terrorists are attacking a diner to get a tool for global genocide, killing about 10 billion people - such tools are in the secret laboratories of one of the Five Corporations located on the liner - “NanoCell Corporation”.
The protagonist, system engineer of the ship Kate Wilson, was responsible for the safety of the liner - when as a result of an attack by terrorists the ship begins to sink, Kate seeks to survive and tries to prevent the terrorists. What she needs for this, too, is in these secret laboratories.
One of the creators of the game described the gameplay as a “player against the environment”, meaning, first of all, water - water constantly interacts with everything it comes in contact with, and it gives an incredible variety of situations, sets of options for changing circumstances.
Water floods the liner, constantly changing the configuration of spaces suitable for action and movement. The player must constantly adapt to this and respond quickly.
Other characters can also affect the situation, and this effect also leads to a redistribution and movement of water. Water may involve other objects and substances in its actions — for example, a gasoline stain that has spread through water may ignite and burn, while water carries these fiery stains throughout the ship.
The action can occur both on the surface of the water and in its thickness.
HydroEngine, an engine capable of solving this problem with unprecedented realism, was created to simulate flowing water in all its variety for the game.
23. Shadowgrounds Survivor
Earthlings were badly hit by the devastating meteor shower that hit the planet. However, part of the rain was crystals, which became a source of valuable fuel. When the crystals were over, the Earthmen found a way to teleport to the planet from which these crystals flew to Earth. People moved to this planet in considerable numbers, managed to settle down there, but when they extracted crystals, they accidentally opened the portal to an unknown dimension. The portal became the door for the monsters that captured the planet. Only a small number of people remained. They want to survive. And they are trying to regain control of vital objects.
You can play three characters. All of them have different abilities and weapons. Everyone has their own ways to fight for life and territory. A range of improvements allows you to acquire new weapons, sharpen the methods of violence and increase the stock of life. Ammunition causes more damage, resistance to poisons appears, there are clues about invisible monsters. Yes, it is useful for surviving earthlings - it's difficult to fight off monsters. Because they are everywhere and quite reasonable. This planet belongs to them already. Hundreds times increased insects and reptiloids, abundantly armed and perceiving people either as a forage, or as intruders. From mission to mission, heroes make their way through mountains of corpses, crowds of furious beasts and through territories that have become empty under the onslaught of aliens. And this constant tension is periodically replaced by exclamations of heroes: life is beautiful!
24. Halo: Spartan Strike
Halo: Spartan Strike makes you a Spartan supersoldier battling evil forces.
Delve into 30 challenging missions through cities and jungles using a devastating arsenal of weapons, abilities and vehicles including the iconic Warthog against the Covenant and Promethean enemies. Be the Spartan and deny your foes the conquest of Earth.
Earn Steam achievements, complete missions and compete against your friends for the top scores in the leaderboards.
Challenge your enemies. Strike Fast. Be a Spartan!
- Crush your enemies using the iconic Warthog or sweep them from the battlefield using the all-new Kestrel VTOL.
- Face off against Promethean enemies; deadly mechanical warriors who seek mankind’s annihilation.
- Experience an all-new story that will take you from New Mombasa on Earth to the enigmatic Gamma Halo located at the edge of charted space.
- Complete weekly challenges and take the top position against friends in leaderboards that showcase your Halo gaming skills.
- Game supports keyboard/mouse, USB Xbox controller and virtual joysticks for touch.
25. America's Army: Proving Grounds
America’s Army Proving Grounds is a free military game provided by the U.S. Army. The game is a part of America’s Army series.
The player performs as an infantryman, a part of a Long Range Combined Arms – Recon unit. The plot is based on the U.S. intervention in the Ostregal Islands as a call for defending the RDO Government which was struck by the Czervenians. The U.S. forces landed on the Islands to engage in police action and reconnaissance operations.
This is a classic first eye tactical shooter. The player is given certain tasks to perform as a part of the unit.
The aim is to stay alive in campaigns and fulfill each task. It is possible to change the character’s appearance even though the customization system is quite small. There are a few weapons including M4, M16, standard sniper rifle and shotgun. Maps are not too huge which makes it easier to go through a match. The maps vary in landscapes and size. Each one provides its benefits: it is possible to hide behind the trees in the forest mode or hole upon the earth in the field. The player is free to choose the very own tactics, be it the perfect stealth, merging in the terrain, or be it the classic get-through shooting campaign. The gameplay includes medical help; if the player is injured, it is possible to bandage yourself or wait for help.
26. Nuclear Dawn
Nuclear Dawn is a multiplayer first-person shooter developed by InterWave Studios. It was initially announced as a Source Engine mod but was later made as a separate game.
World War 3 broke out on January, 22nd 2040. The war was fought with the devastating nuclear armament of the 20th century. Nanoviruses annihilated whole cities and machines roamed their streets. It is 2049, the war still continues, and those who survived are now parts of the Consortium or the Empire.
The players compete with each other in 16 versus 16 matches. There is one commander chosen in both of these teams. A commander places objective for their team on the map, places checkpoints, builds up defenses and supports their team by calling in a scout UAV.
All the other players are usual soldiers. There are four soldier classes available to the players with each class having its own purpose.
Assaults serve as perfect middlemen, who are capable of everything but are not perfect in it. They can be seen carrying an AR, a grenade launcher or a DMR.
Exos are slow-moving but deadly. They can lock their exosuits down in place in order to drastically improve their accuracy. They're fond of chainguns.
Stealths are fast, agile, but have almost to none armor and ammo. They use SMGs and sniper rifles.
Supports are a must on the battlefield. Although they are lightly armored, they can revive downed soldiers and do repairs. SMGs are their pick.
27. Alien Rage - Unlimited
Unleash a fury of powerful weapons as you blast your way through armies of Alien forces hell-bent on taking you down! Battle through 14 intense levels and prepare to face a barrage of beastly-sized bosses that will test your every skill. Each of your 10 weapons comes with two firing modes and you’ll need all of them! Battle hardened Alien forces will attack you from every direction using various flanking and attack moves. Built with powerful up-to-date graphics technology, awesome physics, destructible environments… experience a truly intense, oldschool styled shooter game!Key Features
- Wide variety of Alien enemy forces including Infantry, Warriors, Flying Drones, Spiders
- Huge boss fights – Over 21 enemy types including 8 beastlysized bosses to challenge and destroy through 14 Levels
- Strong thru-the-gun experience with 10 powerful weapons each with two firing modes
- Skill shots, head shots and shooting accuracy heavily rewarded
- Player-triggered destruction of environments and cover helps to advance through levels
- Built with powerful up-to-date graphics technology, awesome physics, destructible environments
28. Tiny Troopers
Your troopers will face enemy infantry, snipers, technicals and even tanks. The casualty rate is going to be high but there’s an endless supply of fresh recruits to step up and fill the ranks. Those lucky troopers who survive from mission to mission will be promoted, and each new stripe they gain makes them tougher.
To increase your troopers’ chances of survival, use Command Points to give them better equipment, reinforce their team with a specialist like machine gunner, medic or delta force and call in support drops during missions. War might be hell but this is the funniest way to fight in one!Features
- The safe way to fight in a war: you won't end up in a body bag.
- Lead your troopers in 30 deadly missions with varied objectives.
- Face enemies from infantry to snipers and tanks.
- Reinforce your squad with specialists like machinegunner, medic and delta force.
- Keep your troopers alive: they get better after each new rank they gain.
29. Tokyo 42
Tokyo 42 is a hyper-stylish isometric open-world shooter. Framed for a murder you didn't commit, you'll delve into a world of assassins, deadly corporate intrigue and...tactical cats.
Spin the camera to see every angle of this beautifully hand-crafted micro Tokyo, as you discover a huge range of weapons, secrets and stories.
Skilful shooting, bullet physics, sneaky stealth and crowd simulation all play a role in this ultra-colourful kinetic frenzy.
A single player open-world story mode and a host of multiplayer modes await in this unique and critically acclaimed action masterpiece.
"Stunning...looks like Monument Valley and plays like Grand Theft Auto set in the world of Blade Runner" (Vice)
"Gorgeous...Tokyo 42 is shaping up to be something pretty special" (Kotaku)
30. X3: Terran Conflict
A game from the X series of games.
The whole series consists of four main games - X: Beyond the Frontier, X2: The Threat, X3: Reunion and X Rebirth - and the sequels to them.
Sequels, which include X3: Terran Conflict, can be considered as stand-alone games, their difference from the "main" games is that the sequels develop the ideas that first appear in the "main" games.
Genre of the X Series
All games in the series can be classified as “space trading and combat game”.
The general formula for the genre is very stable for years: the player begins with small spaceship with little money or status and works hard gaining status and power through trading, exploration, combat or a mix of various methods.
The plot in such games usually does not limit the player. The X series of games, for instance, allows the player to act, figuratively speaking, “in sandbox mode” - to perform all actions without restricting themselves to the plot.
X3: Terran Conflict
This is a stand-alone game based on X3: Reunion. It develops new plot lines and features.
The game has only single-player mode, but the player can play the role of many characters.
The player’s ship crosses areas of the universe inhabited and controlled by different races. All these spaces are interconnected due to the presence of special devices, Jumpgates, allowing for a large-scale travel in the game universe.
In the game world there are many stations and ships with which you can interact, in accordance with the genre of the entire series of games.
Several updates were released for the game, and this should be taken into account, for these updates corrected significant errors that were found after the official release of the game.
31. X Rebirth
X Rebirth represents a spectacular new beginning for the X series, offering loyal fans and newcomers alike a vast, vivid and extremely detailed universe to explore throughout the game. Varied gameplay elements such as action-packed space combat, detailed trading mechanics and high-speed space exploration with fast travel allow players to experience a truly unique space saga that will keep them hooked for dozens of hours. X Rebirth features a whole new user experience - it is easier than ever to start with, and remains as deep as fans expect it.FEATURES
TRADE! A fully simulated economy that means your actions really do matter. Travel the space highways to ﬁnd proﬁt in gigantic space cities, swarming with ships and drones.
++ Every ship you see has a task. Stop a freighter from reaching its destination and its cargo will be stopped too, causing prices to rise. ++
FIGHT! From small scale skirmishes to epic ﬂeet encounters, battles in the X Universe know no limits. Choose to ﬁght for the military, work for the police or be a lawless pirate, or if you prefer just ﬁght when you need to defend yourself - it's up to you.
++ Take the action right into massive structures. Target turrets and shield generators to weaken your enemy, damage engines and jump drives to prevent their ships from escaping, or stop their factories producing to cripple their economy. ++
BUILD! Create your own empire! From trading stations to large factories, farms to hightech military complexes, everything can belong to you. Build for trade and proﬁt or to strengthen your military presence and dominate your enemies.
++ Extend and upgrade your stations to make them operate more efﬁciently, with every element visible in glorious animated detail. Harvest your own resources to keep your empire running smoothly. ++
THINK! A rich, detailed history and a deep complex plot await you, but you are free to decide when and where to take part. Explore the universe at your own pace - choose your own path and create your own destiny.
++ Get up-close and personal with aliens and humans alike. Land on stations, meet people, then accept missions from them or hire them as crew members for your ships. ++
TRADE, FIGHT, BUILD, THINK... in the X Universe - the biggest sandbox this side of the galaxy.
32. Zombie Shooter 2
Zombie Shooter 2 is an action game by the maker of Alien Shooter series. It also contains elements of RPG. This game is a continuation of Zombie Shooter.
The actions take place in a ruined and devastated city, where all the citizens became zombies. After arriving in this unknown city, the player has to find out what has happened here. To finish the game the player has to fight crowds of zombies and face the leader of the threat at the end of the game. Moreover, he should not miss his last chance to save the life of his beloved.
The user can choose the preferable game type: campaign, survive or gun stand. Also, the player selects character according to his taste.
As the game progresses, the main character’s parameters can be upgraded. While playing, you can gain experience, improve your skills and earn money to spend it on user devices. Zombie Shooter 2 implies a high concentration since the number of enemies reaches more than 100 at a time. There are at least 60 types of weapons to resist zombies. Among the armaments, you can find the sniper rifles. The player can also use auxiliary devices. For instance, radar or battle drones. Moreover, there is a variety of modes of vehicles. Besides, you have an opportunity to get medicines, if necessary.
33. Warhammer 40,000: Regicide
Warhammer 40,000: RegicideRegicide is a brutal take on one of the greatest turn based strategy games of all time. The game fuses multiple phases of combat with dynamic action. Manoeuvre your army into place and unleash a devastating array of tactical abilities to crush your enemies. The game offers two distinct modes:
Plan the attack and command your soldiers through two phases of combat. Open fire on your enemies, utilise tactical abilities and unleash psychic powers to crush your foes. Fight your way through violent single and multiplayer battles to destroy everything that stands between you and certain victory.
Sharpen your tactics in both single and multiplayer games based on traditional chess rules, executing brutally violent kills in dramatic battlefield terrains. Select your race and go to war online against opponents from all over the world in the fully cross-platform multiplayer mode.
- 2 unique game modes: Play in both Classic chess and extended Regicide game modes.
- Online and single player: Test yourself against our AI in both Campaign and Skirmish and bring your new skills to bear against opponents in multiple online game modes.
- A cunning AI: Sharpen your skills verse 5 different AI difficulty settings in both Classic and Regicide.
- Local multiplayer: Face off against live opponents in local hotseat matches.
- Asynchronous gameplay: Take your game with you and challenge your friends to multiple asynchronous matches.
- Competitive online leaderboards: Compete against your friends and the world with live Classic and Regicide Leaderboards.
- 50 mission single-player campaign: Join Captain Dracomedes as he fights for Hethgar Prime with the Sons of Sanguinius in the 50 mission, fully-narrated campaign: The Angels of Death.
- 2 unique races: Play as the indomitable Space Marines or blood thirsty Orks, each with their unique strengths, weaknesses, abilities and strategies.
- 11 unlockable Chapters and Clans: Requisition one of 11 iconic Space Marine Chapters or Ork Clans to field in multiplayer and skirmish matches
- 36 exclusive models: Tailor your army's appearance by progressing through Campaign, Skirmish (VS AI) and Online Leaderboards.
- 45 unique player and unit abilities: Unleash an overwhelming array of player and unit abilities to bring devastation to your enemies. Customise your ability loadouts to match your play style.
- Localised in 8 different languages: Play in English, French, German, Norwegian, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.
This is only the beginning. The universe spans untold galaxies to conquer.
This is not just war. This is REGICIDE.
34. Modern Combat Versus
BECOME AN AGENT OF CHAOS
Drop into a brand-new multiplayer first-person shooter featuring fun, action-packed gameplay. Choose your Agent, master your role, and dominate the battlefield with your team. From skilled attackers to supportive defenders and covert assassins, there's an Agent for every play style.
• Deploy into 4 vs. 4 multiplayer battles and fight to control a central zone.
• Play as 12 specialised Agents, each equipped with unique weapons and abilities!
• Battle across 5 distinct maps featuring close-quarters combat and long-range warfare.
• Get promoted to higher competitive leagues and earn prestigious rewards.
• Experience immersive graphics featuring stunning visuals and effects.
• New Agents, game modes, and maps are coming soon!
35. Guns and Robots
Guns and Robots is free to play online third person shooter. The game brings robot action with massive customization. Players get cartoony bright 3D graphics in attractive environments and challenge each other in open arenas. Guns and Robots gives fun, entertaining experience with easy to master gameplay and numerous options to experiment robot constructing skills.BUILD YOUR ROBOT. CUSTOMIZE IT. DOMINATE THE ARENAS!
We are very excited to give gamers around the world the ability to enjoy the game that the community participated in creating! We would like to thank all for your support and most importantly, we are dedicated to adding more content and bring to you exciting new features, so join our Forums at http://forum.play-gar.com and be a part of Guns and Robots community!FEATURED DLC
Purchase the Steam Starter Pack of Guns and Robots and blast your way through your enemies with:
• 1000 Sparks
• 150 Upgrade Components
Guns and Robots Starter Pack is ideal for new robot-fighters who are looking to get a quick start in the action. This is special new player offer to get your hands on cool artillery, equipment and upgrades. In this pack you will get all upgradable component options:
- 30 upgrade head components,
- 30 upgrade weapon components,
- 30 upgrade device components,
- 30 upgrade body components,
- 30 upgrade chassis components,
- Massive customization. In Guns and Robots, the robots come in three module classes based on players' assembly and unlimited options for character customization.
- Pinpoint enemies with multiple weapons simultaneously.Wide variety of potential combinations per weapon allow players to fine—tune their arsenal according to their game play preferences.
- Enjoyable and extremely funny online arenas where players literally blast their way through.
- Adrenaline-pumping game play. Different maps add fine mixture of thrill, speed and action to the game play.
- Dynamic combat experience.Players can choose to line up for high-level real-time combat.
- Player Guilds. Players can join, create guilds and benefit from numerous guild features.
- Achievements. Variety of achievements for the players with exceptional performance.
- Capture the Batteries (Capture the Flag)
- Team Deathmatch
- Bomb Squad (Destroy the Enemy Base)
36. X-Morph: Defense
Unique fusion of a top down shooter and tower defense strategy. You are the X-Morph - an alien species that invades Earth to harvest its resources and terraform the surface. Strategize in the build mode by carefully selecting various types of alien towers or throw yourself right into heat of the battle. Build mazes for incoming enemies in an environment that provides exceptional planning freedom. Tear down buildings and collapse bridges to support your defense or to simply indulge in a spectacle of unprecedented destruction. Possess a range of unique alien weapons and use defense strategies like you've never seen before in this genre.
Your goal is to defend the X-Morph harvesters from waves of incoming human forces. Each enemy wave is preceded by a setup phase in which the player can check what types of enemies are going to be attacking him and to observe their paths. There is no time limit for this phase, so the player can carefully plan his defenses or choose to start fighting immediately and place towers when needed during the battle. One of the game's key features is the ability to build towers virtually anywhere on the map and to shape enemy paths by connecting towers with laser fences. The player can choose between building long mazes out of basic towers or placing more advanced towers which are more effective at different types of incoming enemies. Advanced tower types specialize in dealing with specific enemy types e.g. flame towers are great for destroying fast moving ground units, artillery towers are best at countering large groups of slow enemies, anti air laser is ideal for shooting down heavy bombers.
As the X-Morph fighter you can engage enemy units directly with a diverse arsenal of weapons. You can morph into four distinct forms which specialize in dealing with different kinds of threats. Each form has a basic attack and a special charged attack mode. The Plasma Fighter is the most universal form - good at destroying both air and ground units. The Dark Matter Bomber is great at decimating groups of ground units. It can also slow down time and release a dark matter bomb that can cut down buildings. The Shredder fighter is perfect for annihilating large numbers of human air units and clearing the sky. Finally the Laser Destroyer is best for smelting large single units. It can also charge up a gravitational anomaly that sucks in smaller enemy units. A large variety of weapons and enemies along with a dynamic, fully destructible environment provides a rich arcade shooter experience.
The game's environments are constructed with a lot of attention to detail and they are almost completely destructible. From small picket fences to huge skyscrapers. Any bridge or building in the game can be collapsed and it's destruction is dynamically simulated using realistic physics. The destruction is not only a visual effect as it can significantly influence the layout of the battlefield. The combination of dynamic environments, laser fences and real time calculated enemy paths creates unique gameplay scenarios.
Humans are desperate to defend their home world. They have created huge, building size, mechanical war machines to fight against each other, but now they will use them to destroy the X-Morph. Each boss fight is unique and heavily influences the gameplay environment. Entire cities will be destroyed.
X-Morph: Defence includes a split screen co-op mode. All missions have different gameplay scenarios designed specifically for co-op play. Enemies attack in larger numbers and from new directions making good cooperation essential to winning. In this mode the game can be played in many different ways, one player can focus on optimizing tower placement while the other shoots at enemies or they can both focus their firepower on the strongest attackers.
37. Splitgate: Arena Warfare
Splitgate: Arena Warfare is a fast-paced multiplayer shooter that uses player-controlled portals to create a new dimension of arena combat.
Evoking memories of the most revered shooters of the past two decades, Splitgate: Arena Warfare embraces the classic and familiar feel of close-quarters combat while adding a multi-directional twist that adds a never-before-seen spatial wrinkle to the arena shooter setting. Constant movement is encouraged and rewarded as players strategically place portals to flank, flee or fly through the air to create incredible, previously-impossible moments as they battle against up to 10 friends online or versus formidable AI.
Splitgate: Arena Warfare is designed to be equally accessible to first-time and veteran FPS players, with an infinitely high skill cap that will take players hundreds of hours to refine and master. Instead of a complicated and convoluted matchmaking system, Splitgate: Arena Warfare uses a simple, intuitive 1-50 ranking system determined purely on player wins and losses, cutting down on in-game griefing while providing little incentive for player boosting.
Splitgate: Arena Warfare is built in Unreal Engine 4 by 1047 Games, a passionate group of shooter fans, whose experience and love for the genre transcends the typical development team. The game is currently in Closed Beta and will be widely available for PC this Spring.
Categories in common with Splitgate: Arena Warfare: Action
38. Parkan 2
Parkan II is an original concept game that will allow you to feel as a pilot of a spacecraft lost somewhere in the universe. The players are to explore hundreds of solar systems, take part in a series of fierce battles and meet a new enemy - a mysterious creature calling itself Gegemaunt. Become a pirate or mercenary, get money to buy the most powerful cruiser and show them all who is to be the new master of the galaxy. Unforgettable adventures in the Parkan II universe await you!Key features:
- Explore the awe-inspiring galaxy which evolves as you progress
- Unique mix of several genres: action, RPG, strategy and space simulator
- Huge game universe: more than 500 solar systems available for exploration
- The player can choose any type of gameplay strategy, become a colonizer, pirate, trader or mercenary
- Multiple diverse ways to modernize the spacecraft and battle suit
- Wide freedom of action: battle in space and board enemy ships, explore planets, capture enemy bases and conquer solar system
39. The Pirate: Caribbean Hunt
Hail to the Captain!
Sail into the heart of the Caribbean in the Age of Piracy - the time of black flags and white skulls, blue waves and golden opportunities.
Hoist the Jolly Roger and grab the steering wheel to sail through battles and raids, ransoms and treasures, to become the Crimson King of the Antilles!
- 20 classes of ships
- unlimited fleet size
- multiple ships control during the fights
- ship to fort fights with heavy mortars
- 5 types of ammo - cannon balls, chain bals, grapeshots bombs, doubles
- special weapons: explosive barrels, burning oil, battering rams, pre-boarding attacks
- 30 ship upgrades
- character development, experience gaining and level ups
- 20 captain skills - unlocking new game features and possibilities
- realistic sailing model, distances and time passage
- hundreds of islands and dozens of ports
- day/night cycle
- building construction and upgrades
- multiple player held bases
- unlimited number of sea battles of few types (merchants, smugglers, convoys, militatry, treasure galeon, pirate fight, escort)
- story-driven campaign set in a living world full of people
- reputation in 5 nations
- compete with other players in multiplayer PvP and PvE modes
40. Battlestar Galactica Deadlock
Four years of war and a steep price in human lives have not been enough to unlock a deadly stalemate. The Colonials have countered all of the Cylon’s offensives so far, but no decisive victory was achieved.
The deadlock is suddenly broken by a surprise attack from the Cylons and the brutal annihilation of the Colonial Fleet High Command on Picon. The fate of mankind is now resting on the shoulders of Rear-Admiral Lucinda Cain.
The secret, cunning plan she has conceived could turn the tide of the war forever…The Game
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Deadlock™ takes you into the heart of the First Cylon War, to fight epic 3D battles that will test your tactical prowess.
Take control of the Colonial Fleet from the bridge of the mobile shipyard, Daidalos, and free the Twelve Colonies from the Cylon threat. Build your fleets, protect the Quorum alliance and prepare to dig deeper into the conspiracies of this heroic conflict.Command the Colonial Fleet
Design and build fleets of powerful capital ships. Recruit officers to protect the Twelve Colonies. From the Manticore corvette to the mighty Jupiter class Battlestar, you won’t be short on firepower.Legendary Names
Continue the legacy of Battlestar Galactica™ with new characters and familiar faces, in an original story set during the First Cylon War. Launch Viper squadrons and Raptor scouts and jump the Galactica in to dominate the battlefield. An authentic Battlestar Galactica™ experience awaits.WEGO 3D Tactical Battles
Intense tactical space battles in full 3D. Give commands to your fleet of capital ships and watch the explosive results play out in pause-able real-time across beautiful environments.War Room Politics
From the bridge of the Daidalos shipyard you will command all the Colonial Fleet. Build up your forces and jump them across the quaternary solar system of Cyrannus. Keep the Colonies safe and the Quorum of Twelve unified, lest the alliance break and introduce a new age of Cylon dominance.The Cylon Threat
Prepare to face relentless opposition. Defend against squadrons of Cylon Raiders and missile salvos from Basestars. Trust in your marines to fight off Centurion boarding parties, while your firewalls slow down the hacking attacks of the Wardriver electronic fighters. Unlock blueprints for new ships, munitions and squadrons to help defeat your tireless foe.Join Forces
Experience Battlestar multiplayer like never before! Outwit your opponent in fierce 1-v-1 fleet battles.Review Your Battles
Review your battles from a cinematic point of view with the AutoCam replay, and then export them to YouTube with our in-game tool!
Categories in common with Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Strategy
41. Depth Hunter 2: Deep Dive
Depth Hunter 2 offers 25 exciting missions in 3 huge locations around the world. Players will hunt different fish species and face the difficulties of breath-holding spearfishing, an ancient fishing method.
Players will also have to find treasures and get the possibility to take underwater photos to capture the beauty of the simulated, detailed and lively underwater worlds they’re exploring also in a exploration mode.
Spearfishing and Underwater Hunting are ancient fishing and hunting methods, used to catch fish by using a mechanical harpoon. Today, spearfishing is a sports activity in many countries around the world, especially in the UK, around the Mediterranean Sea and in South America. Spearfishers hunt while diving apnea, holding their breath, so have to coordinate their energy carefully while monitoring their prey, especially in tactically challenging hunting situations.
42. Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
An Open World action-RPG in a corrupted world falling apart, beautifully rendered thanks to CryEngine technology.
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem features a dynamic, fast-paced combat system with weapon-based combos and charged attacks. Dodge, Dash, Hack, Slash and unleash devastating spells on your enemies !
The game has no class restriction and uses a Resource Opposition System that adapts to any play-style.
Co-op will be added, and players will be able to combine spells to create chain reactions, in order to overcome greater challenges.
There is a unique mechanic called Apocalyptic Form that allows players to shape shift into a highly customized character! You’re free to mold your character thanks to a deep and rich customization system. And thanks to our complex crafting mini-game and our housing module you will be able to make your adventure feel as YOUR adventure!
You are a former officer of army of the Human Republic, forced to flee the death penalty because of the magic powers you have unwillingly developed. Being tracked down by humans and hunted by the monsters of the Wild, you are recruited by a mysterious group of Templars. And thus an epic adventure begins in which you will wander the world to fight inhuman, mutated monsters and discover the terrible secret of the extinguishing mankind.
* Under development and will be added to the game during the early access
- Dynamic combat system: fast-paced combat system with weapon-based combos and charged attacks. Dodge, Dash, Hack, Slash and unleash devastating spells on your enemies !
- Open World: Discover the world and enjoy it at your own convenience
- Exploration and experimentation is rewarded with new powers, attributed according to your play style!
- Free character development - No class limitation. You have three resources: Rage and Umbra interact with each other, thanks to the Resource Opposition System, in order to balance gameplay.
- Rotating Passive Skills Tree: A deep and innovative way to taylor your play style !
- Custom player: choose your gender and customize your player, skin color, hair, beard, eyes etc.
- Randomly Generated Dungeons for infinite replayability
- Element-based spells will react to the environment and to other active elements in the area. For example, lightning will spread in water and stun targets; Fire will spread unless water or frost gets in the way, ect.
- Multiplayer mode*: Dungeon Challenge and Co-Op
- Apocalyptic Form*: According to your play style, you will develop special powers for your character, changing their abilities and look. Fierce melee warriors may gain a third arm to equip with a new weapon; a fire caster will have their skin turn into lava, healing from fire. Even wings and horns might appear depending on your actions!
- Tons of Loot: Weapons, Armor, Potions and randomly generated magic effects for more gameplay diversity!
- Asymetric Armor System: We love asymmetric armor, and we want you to be able to customize your gear down to the finest details! You will be able to equip different shoulders and arm protection on the left and right side of your character, bringing a great number of personalization options!
- Housing: Create your own house and proudly showcase your special gear!
- Rotatable and customizable Camera: Have a new point of view, choose the best angle and discover hidden details.
- Dungeon challenge*: Transform a special part of your house into a dungeon and challenge other players to survive the onslaught!
- Time of day cycle with dynamic weather: You must adapt to the time of day. Some quests will only be achievable a certain hours, while the night is full of dangers. The rain will make your electrical powers more efficient.
- Mature story full of secrets to discover exploring the world.
- Kythera AI system: The automatic real time navigation adaptation of Kythera adapts to any change in the physics of the world, allowing us to create exciting scenes including large portion of levels collapsing or moving and fighting on the back of giant creature*, creating never seen before gameplay situations!
- Semi procedural Weaponry*: Blades, pommel and guard details can be randomized for more unique gear in the game!
- Advanced Crafting mini-game*: Build your own weapons and armors thanks to a complex and challenging module in Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
43. Star Citizen
FIGHT. TRADE. EXPLORE.
A UNIVERSE AWAITS.
Imagine a universe that combines the freedom of exploration, the thrill of combat, and the unique challenge of building a life in space. Star Citizen puts ultimate control in the hands of the player, whether you're making your way as a cargo hauler, exploring the vastness of space, or scraping out a living outside the law, you will navigate through a mixture of procedurally generated and handcrafted worlds and interact with a variety of characters.
44. Frozen State
The entire world is embraced by the man-made ice age meant to protect the human race from alien hybrids. The last survivors have formed the Resistance.
On the way to the Resistance, the main character gets stranded in the closed experimental city Duga-40, where he has to survive and repair his transport to continue the journey.
The game’s world is vast (65 different locations) and populated with the human survivors, military groups and pestilent alien hybrids. The world and loot are randomly generated every playthrough.
There is a deep crafting system that allows you not only to cook food and make different weapons, but also to build traps, barricades and shelters.
Accomplishing the main goal, which is to repair the transport and not die by the hybrid’s claws, you will discover the story of the city, meet the survivors and understand what really happened.
- Rogue-like and normal modes
- Three main characters
- Diverse enemies
- Large open world
- Dynamic weather conditions
- Procedurally generated building interiors, loot and enemies
- Crafting and building
- Basic needs (hunger, thirst, sleep, etc)
- NPCs and Quests
45. Evochron Mercenary
Trading commodities while sneaking past hostile forces, racing the best pilots in the area, mining for diamonds, negotiating for survival, spying for a curious energy company, cleaning dirty solar arrays, transporting an impatient passenger... and that's just on a Monday. The life of an independent mercenary is rarely without excitement. At times, you may choose to work under contract, while at others, you may want to take matters into your own hands in a quest to build your reputation and fortune. Your spacecraft awaits. Your adventure begins in the Sapphire star system.
In Evochron, you are free to seek your fortune as an independent mercenary in an adventure directed by your choices, abilities, and accomplishments. Each player can bring their unique skills and interests to the game, forming clans for cooperative goals or remaining solo to complete objectives on their own in true freeform space-sim gameplay.
- True freeform gameplay without plot restrictions, conditions, or limitations. No character attribute/skill limitations to hold you back. Experience ultimate gameplay freedom and play the game the way you want to. Your decisions and abilities define your role in the game and establish your reputations, wealth, progress, and ranking.
- Diverse gameplay choices and activities including racing, spying, mining, trading, commodity shipping, escorting, combat (both in civilian space and military war zones), exploring, asteroid clearing, equipment cleaning, crew management, station building, and ship designing. There are many ways to make money and advance in the game.
- A vast seamless universe that lets you fly anywhere without in-game loading screens. The Evochron universe is not boxed in by 'walls' or 'rooms' that require a jumpgate 'door' to access, there are no required gates or trade lanes to restrict your travel and hold you back. You can travel virtually anywhere you want. Descend into planet atmospheres to land at city trade stations, mine valuable materials, or explore for hidden items. You can escape to nebula clouds for sensor cover or hide in a massive asteroid cave for protection. Fly from planet to planet, star to star, and star system to star system.
- Unified gameplay architecture and profiles let you keep the ship, upgrades, equipment, money, weapons, crew, and commodities you acquire in the game for use in both single player and multiplayer.
- Cooperative multiplayer objectives that pay all linked players. Join forces with other players to complete more challenging activities that can offer much better pay.
- Construct space stations to dynamically expand the game's universe with new trade routes, docking points, and economies. The online multiplayer system stores player built stations with the server so other players can have access to the new stations and trade routes you create.
- Specialized industries and economies provide realistically variable item availability and pricing.
- Use your wealth to design and build a new ship, buy better weapons, hire crew members, recruit other ships, install upgrades, load commodities, and more.
- Advanced physics system features velocity adjusted acceleration curves and accounts for mass, thrust, and vector calculations. Realistic zero gravity inertia based 'Newtonian' style flight model including complete 3-way rotation and 3-way direction control with optional variable input. An advanced inertial dampening system helps keep flight control simple in space, atmospheres, and gravity fields.
- Realistic environment interaction far beyond the genre's typical 'background wallpaper'. Nebula clouds, asteroid fields, planet atmospheres, moons, and more all provide unique options for shelter and strategy. Such environment elements include changes in gravity, fuel consumption, physics, sensor range, and visibility.
- Supports keyboard, mouse, gamepad, and joystick flight control. Use the control device you prefer to play the game.
- Supports Natural Point's TrackIR 3D head control system for managing the viewpoint from the cockpit with all six degrees of movement.
46. In Death
In Death's dream kingdom, Heaven is abandoned. Amongst its crumbling ruins, forsaken souls, angelic creatures and demons alike have run amok. Only a courageous hero that dares to venture deep into the Afterlife will be able to restore Harmony.
A VR shooter with roguelike elements, In Death´s surreal medieval setting is presented in a procedurally generated world with monsters, mysteries and loot. Driven by an achievement-based progression system that advances between sessions, each run is unique, with unpredictable outcomes.
In Death is developed by Icelandic VR studio Sólfar. In closed beta now and coming to Steam in 2018. Visit our site, apply to join the beta and follow our updates here.
47. Razor2: Hidden Skies
Razor2: Hidden Skies Razor2: Hidden Skies is a top view shooter. The game has the style of successful classic arcade games, while using the latest technology to create great visuals and effects. An old-school game with all new technology. Razor2 has easy gameplay, while challenging your skills with hundreds of enemies and bullets threatening you all the time. The soundtrack is another great feature, Razor2 uses classic orchestrated music, composed especially for the game.
Razor2 includes ten achievements and world records. Do your best, and place your name on the best players ranking. Play hard to win titles such as the Destructor, shooting down 4000 enemies, or the "almost impossible" Ace Pilot, completing the game without using any continues.
- Shoot them up (shmup)
- Eight levels
- Fifty different enemy waves
- Incredible Boss fights
- Weapons and equipment upgrades
- Three difficulty levels
- World and local Records
- Ten medals and achievements
- Great graphics, art and shaders
- Easy and amazing gameplay
- Awesome orchestrated music
48. Infinity Runner
The Infinity is the largest spaceship ever built by man-kind; flung into the void of space to secure humanity a new home amongst the stars. However, instead of discovering paradise, the inhabitants of The Infinity unlocked the door to a long forgotten nightmare.
Deep inside this leviathan something terrible hunts, out of myth and legend the last werewolf stalks the ship. Infinity Runner centres on a prisoner desperately trying to escape the decaying ship and the clutches of the terror within. It’s a sci-fi action running game for PC, Mac, and Linux that features 14 action packed levels, Oculus Rift DK1 & DK2 (Runtime 4.4) support and online multi-player.
In Infinity Runner, the player controls the protagonist, the prisoner, from a first-person perspective as he is challenged to escape from the gargantuan spaceship. This is accomplished by use of techniques and movements inspired by the disciplines of parkour and mixed martial arts, the game-play conveys the players strain and physical contact with the environment whilst dealing with the constantly changing and expansive surroundings. As well as these evasive elements there’s also combat sections in the game where a dynamic targeting system is used which calls for fast reflex combinations. The game supports the latest virtual reality technology as well as having multi-player mode which enables up to 32 people to play head to head.
Even though it’s a slick action game the story is very important part of your journey, as well as being your call to action it will reveal revelations along your action packed ride. Some of the story is told at high pace but there are some slower paced transition sections at the end of each level where we develop the narrative for the player. Without giving too much away you have someone guiding you through the game who talks to you telepathically. Their role is not only to orientate you but to help unfold the story for the player as you find out who you are and why you’re on the ship.
The Oculus Rift mode literally transports you inside the Infinity spaceship to be totally immersed in the thick of the action. The game-play is designed to complement the VR mode so you get the best experience possible and it enhances the game by adding another dimension to the playing experience.
There is also another feature that transforms the game into a unique experience, the multi-player mode. This allows up to a 32 players to battle it out head to head to find out who’s the ultimate Infinity Runner.
Infinity Runner packs a lot into one super slick sci-fi action game bundle and with it re-invents the running genre!
* WEREWOLVES IN SPACE!
* 14 ACTION PACKED LEVELS
* ARCADE MODE
* OCULUS RIFT MODE (DK1 - DK2 Runtime 4.4)
* WOLF LEVELLING SYSTEM
* MULTI-PLAYER MODE WITH UP TO 32 PLAYERS
STARSHIP INFINITY SPECIFICATION
Over 150 miles long and nearly 30 miles in diameter at its widest point, the progress of The Infinity's construction at the Tranquillity Ship yards on the Moon could clearly be seen from Earth. The revolutionary ship requires a crew of 5,000,000 people to keep it running and is designed to house another 10 million people as general population ready for the colonisation of new worlds. The Bio-domes, seen along the side of the ship, house forests that cover nearly 60,000 square miles in total, providing oxygen and a food source for the population and an environment for rest and relaxation. The greatest technological achievement can be found in the engine room, which houses the revolutionary Infinity Drive. It is vastly smaller than previous engines at a mere 10 miles long and far more powerful than traditional models which would take up to a third of the length of a starship, creating space for more brave colonists heading out into the unknown.
49. Shadow Ops: Red Mercury
Race against time and terrorism as a member of the elite counter terrorist team in this all-out first person shooter. From the hostile streets of the middle-east, where danger can come from any direction, to the landmarks of a major European city. Your duty is to hunt down a terrorist overlord carrying a nuclear device before untold disaster is unleashed. Mix all-out assault with stealth infiltration in your mission to prevent disaster.Features:
- Exciting mix of all-out assault with stealth and infiltration
- Play as a Delta Force operative trying to keep a nuclear accelerant out of terrorist hands
- More than 20 authentic general military and special forces weapons
- Fight alongside (and sometimes against) international special forces from the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, France, and Germany
Categories in common with Shadow Ops: Red Mercury: Action
50. Into the Stars
We’ve been under attack for 10 years now. Every 6 months the Skorn arrive, set on destroying our planet, and now few of us remain to defend what’s left. The massive Ark ships we’ve built in hopes of escaping them have all gone, save one. You must take the role of Captain of our final vessel, the Ark 13, and guide a hand-picked, but inexperienced crew on a journey fraught with intrigue and danger. The fate of the Endurance Coalition is uncertain and you could well be our last hope. How will you fare once you set out Into the Stars?
Into the Stars is an open-world Space Survival Simulation built in Unreal Engine 4, featuring an original score from Jack Wall.
Take the role of Captain as you explore a massive star system in search of a new home for humanity. Outfit your ship, hand pick your crew and set off on a journey where you must scavenge resources, shelter civilians and either outrun, or outgun a hostile alien force, in order to survive.Key Features
- Complete Control: Take command of your hand-picked, but inexperienced crew, and guide them through a star system packed with mystery and danger. Difficulty Settings allow you to tune the intensity of the enemy threat and the pace of your journey.
- Explore a Massive Star System: You have the freedom to set your course for salvation, but no approach is free from peril. Each of the 90 zones in this system present unique opportunities, along with challenges, and only you can find the path to success.
- Challenging volley-based Combat: A number of foes, who are unwilling to negotiate, await you on this voyage. That's why your ship is equipped with weapon systems that speak for the human race, in a language everyone can understand. Choose your target points, battle stations and crew wisely, if you want to survive numerous alien encounters.
- Music by Jack Wall: Driven by an original score from the legendary composer behind the music for Mass Effect, Call of Duty and Lost Planet.
- Replayability: Every decision you make as Captain, and every randomly generated obstacle the crew encounters, can affect the outcome of a mission, creating a different experience, every time you play.