Trying to find games like Serious Sam: The Second Encounter? Try these 100 great games that are similar to Serious Sam: The Second Encounter, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like Serious Sam: The Second Encounter that have been tried, tested and recommended.
The best games like Serious Sam: The Second Encounter are:
- arrow_rightMETAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
- arrow_rightFallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game
- arrow_rightResident Evil Revelations 2 / Biohazard Revelations 2
- arrow_rightSteamWorld Dig
- arrow_rightDOOM II
- arrow_rightWarhammer: End Times - Vermintide
- arrow_rightMutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
100 Best Games Like Serious Sam: The Second Encounter:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (43)
- PlayStation 4 (53)
- iOS (41)
- Android (28)
- macOS (76)
- Linux (47)
- Nintendo Switch (35)
- Nintendo 3DS (4)
- Nintendo DS (2)
- Xbox 360 (29)
- Xbox (8)
- PlayStation 3 (39)
- PlayStation 2 (18)
- PlayStation (26)
- PS Vita (15)
- PSP (12)
- Wii U (9)
- Wii (11)
- GameCube (5)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (7)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (5)
- NES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (4)
- Apple II (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (3)
- Atari 8-bit (1)
- Atari ST (1)
- Genesis (4)
- SEGA Saturn (8)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Dreamcast (5)
- 3DO (2)
- Game Gear (1)
- Neo Geo (1)
1. METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is a standalone prologue for the main entry of the series, Phantom Pain. As Snake now is the Big Boss, Ground Zeroes follows Peace Walker entry some little time after it. Considering that Paz Ortega Andrade has died, MSF starts to work in different ways when suddenly there is information that Paz is being detained by Camp Omega on Cuba. The situation becomes even worse when Ricardo "Chico" Libre is sent for rescue and being captured as well. Snake is now headed to Cuba to save them or confirm their deaths.
Still being a stealth action game, spotting system has been changed in Ground Zeroes, as now there is now meters, and the player must navigate through his eyes and ears to understand if he's been spotted. Reflex Mode is also added to the game. When the player is spotted, there is a little gap of time in slow-motion to kill the enemy before he alarms everyone around him. As well now the iDroid system in the game can be connected to your phones in order to have a look at an in-game map.
Transistor is a cyberpunk game that uses isometric point-of-view as its primary mechanic. Following the story of Red, she discovers a body of an unknown man with a sword in his chest called Transistor. Sword has possessed the mind and voice of its previous owner and now able to speak with Red, navigating her in a city called Cloudbank, as the Process attacked the city and still searches for Red to kill her and return the sword back to them for unknown reasons.
Despite having real-time battles, Red can freeze the time with her ability called Turn that draws her action bar. Until it is fully restored, no abilities can be used if only you don't have the upgrades. As an addition, Red can retrieve Functions from her fallen enemies - new powers for her weapon with a passive, persistent effect or other. Beautiful design and interesting lore give this game a unique atmosphere being doubled by the soundtrack, done by Darren Korb.
• An all-new world from the team that created Bastion
• Configure the powerful Transistor with thousands of possible Function combinations
• Action-packed real-time combat fused with a robust strategic planning mode
• Vibrant hand-painted artwork in full 1080p resolution
• Original soundtrack changes dynamically as the action unfolds
• Hours of reactive voiceover create a deep and atmospheric story
• 'Recursion' option introduces procedural battles after finishing the story
• Fully customizable controls custom-tailored for PC
3. Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game
Fallout franchise started in a very different way than we all know it by this day. As Bethesda started to develop Fallout franchise only from the third game, original Fallout was completely different.
The game starts in 2161, 84 years after a nuclear war destroyed most of the planet and turned into Wasteland. You can either create your protagonist or play as three pre-set options - Albert Cole, Max Stone or Natalia Dubrovhsky. When in Vault 13 water supplies start to malfunction via technical reasons, Overseer sends protagonist in a quest to find a replacement and save the Vault. Having Pip-Boy and some standard equipment, the Fallout world is absolutely open for exploration.
Although being a completely different genre of the game, Fallout still uses the same systems as we know today. S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system of characters stats (strength, perception, endurance, charisma, intelligence, agility and luck) affect your skills in a variety from 0% to 200%, as well as definitive straits that you choose only once for whole gameplay. Known to players as Karma, you can choose how to act in most of the situations and determine your reputation with other characters in the game.
Categories in common with Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game: Role Playing
4. Resident Evil Revelations 2 / Biohazard Revelations 2
Resident Evil Revelations 2 / Biohazard Revelations 2 is a four-part episodic survival horror, a part of the Resident Evil franchise and the tenth installment in the series. It follows Claire Redfield, the protagonist of Resident Evil 2, that was kidnapped and forced to survive among monsters on Sushestvovanie Island. There are two endings depending on the decisions made throughout the game.
Two bonus episodes extend the story and tell about Natalia Korda, a little girl with supernatural powers, and Moira Burton, Claire’s colleague. These episodes have a more suspenseful atmosphere as you need to survive without using guns.
There are two pairs of playable characters in Revelations 2: Claire and Moira Burton, and Barry Burton and Natalia Korda. While only one character in each pair has weapons, it's important to complete missions stealthy if possible. Supportive characters, though, has special abilities, such as fighting with bricks or finding hidden items. The game supports cooperative gameplay on consoles and features the Raid mode, which allows customizing your skills and weapons.
5. SteamWorld Dig
SteamWorld Dig is an independent platforming action game developed by Image & Form. It is the second installment in the series.
You play as a steam-powered robot named Rusty. He moves to a town of Tubleton after inheriting his uncle's mine. He starts to mine and explore the underground world unraveling the remains of human civilization on his way.
The main objective is to investigate the mines. At the beginning of the game the player is only equipped with a pickaxe, but more and more mining equipment is unlocked as the game progresses. The equipment is also upgradable as the game goes on. The mines are procedurally generated on every playthrough and useful items appear in different places. Collected ores and resources can be sold in a shop outside the mine. There are several underground worlds to explore which feature various enemies.
If the player gets lost in the mine they can either use the ladders that are sold in the store or use the self-destruct button. All collected loot is lost on death but can be picked up again.
6. DOOM II
The game from the legendary programmers John Carmack and John Romero, who worked together with American McGee, on the first-person shooter game that will run on anything: from mobile devices to engineering calculators. The game became the second in the series Doom, received improved multiplayer, graphics and improved optimization.
Gameplay-wise game is not so different from its predecessor. The developers decided to take advantage of the progress of the computer hardware to fine-tune their game engine. The player still took control of the nameless space marine, which traveled through 30 non-linear levels. A level is considered to be completed after the player finds the coded doors. A rich arsenal of weapons and a variety of models of enemies will not get bored.
The plot continues the story of the first part: after defeating the invasion of demons on the moons of Mars and returning from Hell, the protagonist finds the Earth captured by the creatures that he just conquered. A solo company can be fashioned alone, and in multiplayer, to battle with friends today: for the game, there is a huge amount of third-party mods to play online without using of archaic dial-up connection.
7. Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
This multiplayer-only game based on the popular Warhammer Fantasy franchise is set in the End Time era of this setting. The plot is centered around the city of Ubersreik that was recently taken over by a horde of rat-like monsters called Skavens. The players, who can team up in groups of up to four, are tasked with cleaning the streets from the dirty invaders. There are thirteen levels with different objectives, some of which involve collecting certain items or protecting a city well from being poisoned.
The gameplay is strongly reminiscent of that in Left 4 Dead series, in which the protagonists have to slaughter monsters coming in large numbers, using both melee and ranged weapons. There are five character classes, each with its unique specialization: the Dwarf Ranger and the Empire Soldier are strong and slow, the Witch Hunter and the Waywatcher are the fast scouts, and the Bright Wizard uses magic. On the levels, the players can find item perks that either restore health or ammo or buff the character. It is essential to fairly distribute the perks across the party, especially since every player can only have one perk in each category at a time.
8. Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
In Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden, the player controls a trio of weird mutant warriors. It is based on a 1984 board game Mutants.
The game is set in a post-apocalyptic world, in which a nuclear war annihilated all humanity. Many years later, Earth is inhabited by the mutated creatures that look like combinations of humans with other animals and things. There's The Ark, a neon-lit sinkhole that serves as the hub for the player characters. This is where they can buy ammunition and armor, meet other characters and accept quests. Then there's the Zone, a largely unexplored dangerous world where Mutants roam. Somewhere in the Zone lies the legendary Eden, a safe haven where they can find all the answers they seek.
The game has three main protagonists. First, there's Dux, the duck-headed wise-cracking mutant with an attitude. Then there's Bormin, a huge gruff pig that has anger issues. Their third companion is Selma, a seemingly human female who has protective stone skin. Each of the characters specializes in using certain weapons and has a set of special mutant abilities.
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden combines real-time exploration and stealth system with square grid-bound tactical turn-based combat in the vein of X-Com series. The player controls the three characters as a party, switching between them when needed.
9. Serious Sam: The First Encounter
There were times when first person shooters were much simpler than now. There wasn't so much going on with the story or plot but rather the main purpose of shooters was nothing more but shooting. Serious Sam: The First Encounter, made by Croteam, was no different. It was the first game in the series. The difference from other first-person shooters of that time was slightly different setting. This time – not hell, or space but never-ending dunes of Egypt. The game is well-known for its design choices and enemy behavior - to run in big waves directly to a player. The story of the game is about extraterrestrial being named Mental who wants to destroy humanity and alien race called Sirians who left lots of artefacts to be discovered by humans. Humans in order to survive choose to use "Time-Lock" - an ancient Sirian artefact in hopes to kill Mental's army of grotesque monsters. Humanity chooses its last resort – brave and strong man named Sam "Serious" Stone who is the main protagonist of the game and only he has the honor to use "Time-Lock" against aliens.
After years of tireless explorations, brave Vikings have discovered a new land filled with mystery, danger and riches: Northgard.
The boldest Northmen have set sail to explore and conquer these new shores, bring fame to their Clan and write history through conquest, trading, or devotion to the Gods.
That is, if they can survive the dire wolves and undead warriors roaming the land, befriend or defeat the giants, and survive the harshest winters ever witnessed in the North.
Build your settlement on the newly discovered continent of Northgard
Assign your vikings to various jobs (Farmer, Warrior, Sailor, Loremaster...)
Manage your resources carefully and survive harsh winters and vicious foes
Expand and discover new territory with unique strategic opportunities
Achieve different victory conditions (Conquest, Fame, Lore, Trading...)
Play against your friends or against an AI with different difficulty levels and personalities
11. Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Guacamelee! Gold Edition is the enhanced edition of Guacamelee! that features all downloadable content for the original game and supports Steam Workshop to create and share custom character skins. In its core Guacamelee! is a 2D Metroidvania with platforming and brawling elements.
Guacamelee! is set in an open Mexico-stylized world, full of stereotypes and cultural references. You take on the role of an ordinary farmer named Juan Aguacate. Killed by an evil skeleton, you are brought back to life to save your love interest. The game follows the rules of the Metroidvania genre but has a twist: as you are revived, during your adventures you can switch between the land of the dead and the world of the living.
Aside from that Guacamelee! is focused on exploration and hand-to-hand fights. While progressing through the story, you get new abilities such as movement upgrades and the necessity to match colors of your attacks and certain obstacles.
12. Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition
Dante's past is now revealed as Devil May Cry returns to its roots. Master Dante's multiple fighting styles while battling never before seen demons and new characters as you fight your way towards a brutal confrontation with Dante's mysterious twin brother, Vergil.
Choose Dante's fighting style - maximize the impact of close-up blade attacks, or blow enemies away from a distance.
Huge arsenal of weapons - handguns, shotguns, swords, and more.
A horde of demonic enemies - more ferocious than ever - with powerful weapons and abilities to transform and fly.
Shank, the first game in the series of its name, is defined by its comic-book visual style and graphic violence in the vein of Tarantino and Rodriguez movies. In the single-player mode, the game follows a story of a revenge. The player assumes the control of Shank, who used to be a mafia hitman before they killed his only love, Eva. He goes on a vendetta after her murderers, hunting them down and killing in brutal ways. There's also a cooperative mode that features a different plot, something of a prequel to the main storyline. In co-op, Shank and the other playable character, Falcone, have to save a strip model from a gang of bikers and fix a rigged wrestling match.
The game is played as a fast-paced 2D side-scroller. Shank uses three types of weapons: a firearm, a melee weapon, such as a chainsaw, and two daggers. All three should be used interchangeably to create a variety of combo movements, which are essential to master before you reach the late stages of the game. Enemy attacks can be dodged or blocked. Shank can also perform a number of acrobatic tricks and other movements, such as throwing enemies or jumping on them, which makes for a varied gameplay.
14. Dungeon of the Endless
Dungeon of the Endless is a tower defense game and the third in the series which includes Endless Space and Endless Legend. The game plot is about a prison spaceship which escape pod had crashed in the alien planet. The player controls survivors from that ship, who have to escape the multi-layered structure in the strange planet by taking an energy crystal through several floors filled with angry creatures. There are randomly generated levels in the game in which the player has not only to explore but also to collect resources in order to enable power to various rooms and turrets to divert attention of enemies in order to move the crystal from the starting point of the level into the elevator to the next floor.
In each level of the game the player has to choose two characters who are different in their stats such as health, attack, defense power and movement speed. The player has the option to either control one of two selected characters separately or in tandem.
15. Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel
Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel tells a story about a squad named Brotherhood of Steel which is involved in a war. The game takes place in the well-known Fallout universe yet it does not continue the story of any other Fallout games released previously. For those who pre-ordered this game, a special bonus CD was delivered. It includes bonus mission for the main game and a table top game in the Fallout universe.
Fallout Tactics is a game about tactical combat and strategy and this time players have much more limited interaction with NPC characters yet they can still trade with them. The game centers around bunkers of Brotherhood from where the player has to go to missions after preparing for them by obtaining the services of quartermasters, mechanics, personal yeomen and medics.
In Fallout Tactics, missions take place in towns or factories, military camps or a Vault. In missions, the player gets a map with marked objectives and notes. Fallout Tactics offers a deep combat mechanic, which features three different modes of combat: Continuous Turn-Based, Individual Turn-Based and Squad Turn-Based combat types.
16. Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series
Minecraft: Story Mode is an action-adventure game developed by TellTale. The title revolves around the episodic series-like narrative and puts the importance of the player's choices forward.
The game resembles the genre of the point-and-click adventures. The players can talk with non-mandatory characters and choose the dialogue options out of four or five alternatives. There is a heavy focus on the QTE — the sequences where one must mash buttons in time accordingly with the pictograms depicted on the screen. At the end of each chapter, the player is presented with the choice diagram — his of her picks are compared to those of the other players across the world.
It is not to be forgotten — Minecraft: Story Mode is the TellTale adaptation of another video game. Fingerprints of this are clear: the crafting mode essential to the original has been added to the game, and the title has become more friendly all in all. That is the contrast with the previous TellTale installments — they were mainly targeting mature audience.
The Story Mode created the narrative from the start — the original game does not feature it. The story centers around Jesse — the protagonist and the player at the same time — who travel around the in-game world in searches for The Order of the Stone.
17. FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD is an HD remaster of FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 developed by Square Enix.
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 takes place on a fictional continent of Orience, which had been divided by four nations that call themselves the Crystal States. Each nation has a power crystal, which became their national symbols.
The crystals can mark humans as residents of a specific state. From time to time, some servants of the countries appear. They are blessed with the ability to transform into a crystal and have a prolonged life cycle. These people lose their memories other time, so they are given one specific task to complete.
The apocalypse is coming. Only several chosen ones can stop it from happening.
The game features a real-time combat system that somewhat resembles the same system from the previous games by Square Enix. The players control several playable characters at the time, as when the players assume control over one of the characters, the other characters are handled by the AI.
Each character has their own weapon, unique attacks, and abilities, which can be upgraded further into the game if the player has enough points that are gathered after leveling up the characters.
The players can focus their attacks on one enemy and execute critical hits on them or get a rare opportunity to one-hit kill the enemy. All the skills of your party can be used together to execute a special combo attack that deals a great amount of damage to the enemy.
18. Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Goku And Friends' Fierce Battles Will Be Reborn!
FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, THE DRAGON BALL UNIVERSE IS COMING TO STEAM!
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE revisits famous battles from the series through your custom Avatar, who fights alongside Trunks and many other characters. Will the strength of this partnership be enough to intervene in fights and restore the Dragon Ball timeline we know? New features include the mysterious Toki Toki City, new gameplay mechanics, new character animations and many other amazing features to be unveiled soon!Features
- CUSTOM AVATAR – Players create their very own Dragon Ball character to take their place in the Dragon Ball world! Choose Earthling, Majin, Saiyan, Namekian or Frieza Clansman and start battling!
- NEW LOCATION - A once dormant clock has started to tick again in the enigmatic and futuristic Toki Toki City!
- NEW CHARACTERS - Mira, an android trying to become the strongest creature in the universe; Towa, a dark scientist coming from a demonic world; The Supreme Kai of Time, a deity who appeared 75,000,000 years ago and her companion bird Tokitoki, a very powerful lifeform that can produce time!
- THE MASTER SYSTEM - Choose an original Dragon Ball character as a Master to train under. Your skill set and training excersizes will vary depending on the Master you choose. Your Master may even suddenly appear in battle to assist you!
- STRONG IMMERSION - Inspired by one of the most famous series ever created.
- IMPROVED GAMEPLAY - Expeience a new, fast paced, and technical battle system.
Categories in common with Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Action
19. Tower of Guns
The name of the game directly points to the setting. The game takes place in a tower filled with a variety of weapons. The player is inside the tower and gradually rises to its top.
The player goes through different areas, each area contains a number of battlegrounds, where the player enters into battle with various opponents. The main opponent on each level is the boss, the boss should be defeated to pass to the next level.
At the beginning of each game a certain story is shown, explaining what kind of tower it is and why the player must fight and go to its top. Before entering the Tower, a player can choose only one weapon and one perk.
As the game develops, the player can get different projectiles. These projectiles have a different effect, useful in combat. For example, fire damage, or launching the player into the air.
Destroying enemies, the player receives tokens, which can be paid for increasing the power of the player's weapons. There are other ways to increase the strength of the weapons and combat capabilities of the hero, which player can unlock.
20. Tree of Savior (English Ver.)
In this game you need to find a goddess in the world of chaos. The game world is based on traditional Lithuanian culture and mythology. The names of cities in the game world are consonant with the names of the real cities of this region and neighboring countries. For example, Klaipedia is located in the South of the Kingdom within the Klaipedia region. The city is one of the main cities in the game's world. It is connected to West Siauliai Woods, the starting point for all the new Revelators. The name of this city is made from the name of the real city in Lithuania - Klaipeda.
Wealth of choice
The choice in the game is very diverse, there is no fixed route.
You can search for the goddess in your own style - the game provides many opportunities for this in Massive Freedom of Choice mode. You have a huge selection of costumes and expressions. In any mode, different jobs, skills, and stats are available.
If there is a lack of skills for success in the game - you can gain skill in the Team Battle League mode.
There are many character classes and 8 ranks. Each combination of class and rank is interesting in its own way. There are also classes that are simply not accessible, you have to satisfy special requirements so that these classes become available.
The game has a lot of hidden quests.
If you are completely confident in your abilities, welcome to the Guild Wars mode - there are no safe places, there are no places where enemies can not reach, either in the open field or in the dungeons. By the way, in the whole game there are more than 200 unique boss monsters.
If you want to play in the company - the community can be accessed anytime no matter where you may be. There is also Automatic Party Finding - make parties with nearby players.
Any data about your status is visible throughout the game.
21. Nidhogg 2
The wurm has returned and it must feed! Shed your garments and paint the walls with the flesh of your enemies, for only one can be worthy of sacrifice.
The rules are simple. Reach the other side and kill anyone that stands in your way. Deftly parry and rend their throats, riddle their bowels with arrows, or squish their brains between your toes. The wurm cares not for chivalry.
Sequel to the indie hit of 2014, Nidhogg 2 builds upon the award-winning gameplay of its predecessor with new weapons to wield and levels to master, head-to-toe character customization, and the captivatingly grotesque art of Toby Dixon.
And, with music from artists including Mux Mool, Geotic, Doseone, Osborne, and Daedelus, Nidhogg 2 has a soundtrack so good that even the menu screens are awesome.Game Features:
- Challenge the AI or a friend in 1v1 combat.
- Fight for the top seat in 8-player tournaments.
- Master the distinctive traits of four weapons.
- Get stylish with full character customization.
- Ten stages from castles to Nidhogg innards.
- Alter the rules with over 10 different game variables.
- Go online with matchmaking and private games.
22. Organ Trail: Director's Cut
Organ Trail: Director's Cut is a parody zombie indie game developed by The Men Who Wear Many Hats. Initially, the game was developed on Adobe Flash but was later ported to Facebook as an app.
Director's Cut features
In the Director's Cut, the players are able to create a completely new character instead of choosing from the presets. Randomized zombie spawns, boss encounters, and achievements were also added to the game. The original game was described as a parody on the educational game named The Oregon Trail, while the Director's Cut should be considered as a new title that pushes the concept of its source.
While the original game was free-to-play, the players have to buy the Director's Cut in order to play it.
The main objective of the game is to reach a zombie-free haven. In order to do so, the main character has to cross The United States in his old wagon. It is essential to manage food, water, ammunition, and car fuel in order to survive and arrive at your destination. Do not forget to take care of your party, by the way.
At the beginning of the game, the players have to either choose a preset character or create a new one. It is possible to choose from a cop, a lawyer or just a clerk. Every character has their own upsides and downsides. For example, while playing as a cop, the player will be able to search for supplies for a little longer, but the overall score will be smaller after beating the game.
The world of Salt hangs on the brink of collapse. The citizens, once free spirits, now stand oppressed and isolated. But not all is lost, for out of this aether of fear arises a heroine, a ray of hope. Her name is Dandara.
Welcome to a unique 2D metroidvania platformer full of mystical creatures and boundless exploration. Defy gravity as you jump across floors, walls, and ceilings alike. Discover the mysteries and secrets hidden throughout the world of Salt and its diverse array of characters. Empower Dandara for combat and survival against enemies bent on oppression.
Awaken, Dandara, to bring freedom and balance to this directionless world.
• INNOVATIVE CONTROLS - Built natively for both touchscreen and gamepad input, movement and combat interact smoothly and seamlessly.
• BOUNDLESS EXPLORATION - Traverse across the esoteric world of Salt through fast and fluid jumps off any surface, unhindered by gravity, in lovingly crafted environments.
• CHALLENGING PROGRESSION - Use a combination of speed & skill, wits & reflexes, to solve puzzles, earn powerups, and access areas previously unreachable.
• BEAUTIFUL AND IMMERSIVE WORLD - A visual and auditory wonderland comes to life through gorgeous handcrafted pixel art and original soundtrack compositions.
24. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III
In Van Helsing III, the civil war is over in Borgovia, but the future looks grim. The city of weird science is in ruins, squabbling factions and criminals fight for power and a strange cult prophesizes the coming of “The end of times.” And they might be just right: A wave of uncanny events shakes the land, and it’s all connected to a mysterious creature, a former ally turned into a fearful arch-villain. Which means that Van Helsing will do what he does best: He wields weapons, prepares his deadly tricks, and hunts down the most dangerous monster who has ever lived… and this time it’s personal. He’s prepared to do anything to achieve his goal, even to face the darkest secret about the birth of the modern Borgovia.
- Story - Prepare to meet your darkest fears in the conclusion of this gothic-noir adventure trilogy. This is the finale, the darkest chapter of the adventures of Van Helsing.
- Classes - Choose from six playable classes: defeat your foes as the melee-specialist Protector, be the most accurate shooter as the Bounty Hunter, master the weird science as the Phlogistoneer, engineer your tactics as the Constructor, control the magical forces as the Elementalist or become a dark, stealthy killer as the Umbralist.
- Leveling - Become more powerful as you advance through the game: the level-up customization is more detailed and diverse than ever.
- Exploration - Explore new areas in this war-torn land of darkness - both in the physical world and the Ink.
- Camaraderie - Engage in witty banter with your loyal follower, Katarina - and finally, find out her secrets: the story of her past.
- Combat - Fight hordes of bloodthirsty enemies, now more feral and terrifying than ever. Take all the weapons and tools you need: choose from plenty of new powerful items for this adventure.
- Multiplayer – You and your friends can test your skills against each other via the PVP mode (8 players) or join forces and complete the story in the co-operative campaign (4 players).
25. Soda Dungeon
The smash-hit mobile game finally comes to your desktop. Manage your team of adventurers as you raid the local dungeon for treasure! Upgrade your tavern, purchase new sodas, and attract new party members. Gold, legendary items, and more await you! With huge golems, interdimensional beings, demons, monster lobsters, and much, much more to slay, the only thing that ISN'T standing in your way is a pay wall... Soda Dungeon is completely free to play, with no frustrating timers, lives system, or anything that might get in the way of a thirsty traveler's dungeon delving.
Soda Dungeon features hundreds of unique enemies and items to discover. Attract valuable classes to your tavern such as the Thief, Knight, Healer, Darkmage, Shifter, and more! After gearing up your team you also have the option to enable "Auto-combat," where you can step away from the game, let your team go questing, and reap the rewards when you return! Ascend higher and higher in the dungeon as you advance through new dimensions, face huge dungeon bosses, and unlock the power of the ancient soda relics!
26. Delta Force 2
You're a member of the U.S. Army's best kept secret: the elite SPECIAL OPERATIONS unit known as Delta Force, formed to BATTLE TERRORISM throughout the world. When the best of the rest can't handle the op, YOU are called into action. Can you handle THE JOB?
- FREE NovaWorld™: online gaming supporting up to 50 players.
- APPROACH THE OBJECTIVE via parachute and use tall grass, water, and rolling terrain to move undetected.
- TAKE CHARGE with the new Commander's Screen, directing your teammates in single and multiplayer action.
- CREATE YOUR OWN single or multiplayer battles with the Mission Editor PLUS Over 40 new missions.
- TERRORIZE THE TERRORISTS with new weapons, new equipment, and fixed machine gun and grenade-launcher emplacements.
Categories in common with Delta Force 2: Action
27. Rogue Trooper
Nu Earth: a poisoned planet where endless war rages between the Norts and the Southers. A futile struggle on a hostile planet with no end in sight.
But there are tales of a lone warrior. A man who can appear out of thin air and take out whole platoons, then disappear back into the shadows to which he belongs. A man who knows no allegiance but to his own mission and is hell-bent on revenge. He is the ultimate soldier, the last survivor of the massacred Genetic Infantrymen...
...the Rogue Trooper!
- Intense 3rd-person action on the battlefields of Nu Earth.
- Use of Helm, Gunnar and Bagman: Rogue's friends brought to life in his equipment, adding depth to the gaming experience.
- Ability to create the type of ammunition you want, when you want it.
- Dynamically use the environment to your advantage - conform to objects and terrain, and fire from protected positions. Athletically climb over the environment to gain the advantage over your enemy. Run, leap, and dive for cover.
- Use the unique upgradeable abilities of your Bio-chipped equipment to strategically outwit your foes.
- Intense LAN multiplayer action.
Note: Multiplayer available via LAN only.
28. Anarchy Arcade
Anarcy Arcade is a shortcut launcher, just like your regular desktop. It replaces your 2D wallpaper image with a 3D world, and replaces your 2D shortcut icons with 3D objects.
It transforms our PCs into 3D metaverses that we can explore with our friends while still getting work done. Performance is always put first. It will not lag your games down.
Use AArcade as your everyday desktop, or use it to manage your massive game, movie, or image collection and share with your friends.Menu-less BrowsingAArcade is a "game between games" where you walk up to what you want and click LAUNCH. No more down-time between games!CustomizeEasily spawn in new shortcuts or props, modify their properties, and build your dream arcade!Full Version Games & AppsAArcade launches ANYTHING that you can run on your PC and runs them at full quality & speed. You'll NEVER have to choose between AArcade or running your games well.Addons & ModdingUse the maps & models from over 30 of your favorite Source engine games as your 3D desktops! Over 50,000 compatible maps and many thousands of compatible props!Steam WorkshopShare your customizations or your creations with the rest of the community with AArcade's BUILT-IN workshop publishing tool! Well over 1,000 items already shared!ExploreDiscover how deep each rabbit hole goes when exploring the massive creations of other players, past & present.MultiplayerHost any one of your 3D desktops in multiplayer mode. Watch videos with your friends, give tours of your collection, or just hang out on your desktop! (Note that port 27015 must be open to host a public server.)Virtual Reality (OPTIONAL)Truly experience the metaverse in 3D using your Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, or other VR devices. The tidal wave of the future is about to hit!Be ProductiveAArcade lets you use your Start menu, alt+tab, use your favorite programs, etc. The things you launch open right on top of AArcade, just as if it was your desktop wallpaper image.Sleep ModeWhen it needs to, AArcade goes into a deep sleep mode where it releases all of its textures, 3D models, etc. so that your PC is free to run what matters most: the stuff you launch.Steam Stats & AchievementsCompare the size & stats of your collections with your friends. Earn achievements for reaching milestones, and for ever leave your mark on a map by being the 1st person to load it up in AArcade!Free & IndieAArcade is 100% free and developed by just 1 guy. It does NOT have built-in ads and is not a corporate attempt to sell you junk. It is made specifically to enhance your PC experience.Features
- Supports the Oculus Rift for a virtual reality experience!
- Works with Steam games, non-Steam games, movies, YouTube videos, pictures, websites, etc.
- Launches your files & programs. just like normal!
- Instantly ALT+Tab to switch between programs.
- Goes into sleep mode while you play other games. (Doesn't lag you down!)
- Emulators are supported! (But not included.)
- Automatically finds YouTube trailers and HD boxart to use on 3D shortcuts.
- Does not interfere with Windows or your normal computer use.
- Anarchy Arcade does NOT come bundled with any additional games or movies. It simply is a fun & entertaining way to access your personal media collection and share the experience with your friends.
29. Infestation: Survivor Stories Classic
Infestation: Survivor Stories is a Survival Horror MMO that immerses players in a zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic world in which a viral outbreak has decimated the human population leaving in its wake, a nightmare of epic proportion.
- A Huge Persistent World: This is an nonlinear open world game
- Explore, Scavenge, Kill, Survive: You are one of the few survivors and must navigate the desolate countryside exploring cities and scavenging for items
- Group with other players to increase your chances of survival
- Combination of First-Person and Third Person Perspectives
- Meld of PVE (Player versus Environment) and PVP (Player versus Player)
- Safe Settlements where Players can access their global inventory
- Create your own Clans
- Reputation system – Choose to become a lawman or bandit
- Leave Messages for friends in the game world with a time capsule
- Immersive environment with unique and spine chilling sound effects
- Huge variation of melee and firearm weapon types
30. Modern Combat Versus
BECOME AN AGENT OF CHAOS
Drop into a brand-new multiplayer first-person shooter featuring fun, action-packed gameplay. Choose your Agent, master your role, and dominate the battlefield with your team. From skilled attackers to supportive defenders and covert assassins, there's an Agent for every play style.
• Deploy into 4 vs. 4 multiplayer battles and fight to control a central zone.
• Play as 12 specialised Agents, each equipped with unique weapons and abilities!
• Battle across 5 distinct maps featuring close-quarters combat and long-range warfare.
• Get promoted to higher competitive leagues and earn prestigious rewards.
• Experience immersive graphics featuring stunning visuals and effects.
• New Agents, game modes, and maps are coming soon!
31. EverQuest II Free-To-Play. Your Way.
EverQuest® II is the epitome of massively multiplayer gaming - the ultimate blend of deep features, heritage, and community.
Explore an enormous online world where friends come together for adventure and community. Immerse yourself in the game's exciting locales, mysterious lands, intense battles, exciting quests and amazing achievements. Featuring breathtaking graphics and a vast, beautiful and dangerous game world to explore, EverQuest II sets the standard for MMORPG online gaming. Now, you can experience EverQuest II Free to Play. Your Way!™*
Your character, your story, your adventure!
- 90 Levels of unparalleled gameplay
- Strong heritage and lore with game content spanning 7 years and 6 expansions
- A thriving, friendly community with thousands of guilds
- Over 5,000 creatures to battle and more than 8,000 quests to complete Hundreds of gorgeous, expansive and dangerous environments to explore
- Independently leveled tradeskill system with deep quest lines
- Full support of different play styles from Solo, Groups, Raids and PVP
- Our Dungeon Finder system helps you join groups
- Unique and robust housing system, with dozens of styles, thousands of items and a House Rating System
- Exciting seasonal and holiday events to spice up the year
- An expansive in-game marketplace containing potions, weapons, armor, classes, races, mounts and more!
32. Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
Shiness is an Action-RPG developed by indie development studio Enigami, which will let you travel in a captivating universe doomed to destruction ever since the fragmentation of the planet Mahera...
- Travel through an enthralling and interactive world as Chado and his 4 companions, and develop your characters
- Hyper-dynamic combat mixing magic with combos, parries, and blocks like a traditional arena fighter
- Develop 2 types of skills (physical attacks and magic) and unlock new talents and spells
- Explore and interact with a vast world made of multiple environments thanks to you and your companions’ special powers and skills
- Numerous quests and side-quests will give you the opportunity to develop your characters and their reputation
Play as Chado and his companions, and travel across the Celestial Islands onboard a flying boat. After a rough landing on hostile territory, you find yourself in the midst of a power struggle between several kingdoms. Chado might be able to resolve this situation thanks to Shiness, a magical spirit that only he can see.
Explore a large and captivating world with which you'll be able to interact thanks to the power of your 5 playable characters: crush a big rock using pure strength to enter a secret cave, or use telekinetic powers to activate some mechanisms and discover a back entry… During your journey, you'll meet dozens of dangerous enemies with whom you'll have to face off during hyper-dynamic fights mixing magic, and traditional fighting game mechanics (hit, block, combos…). Gain experience during those fights, while progressing in the storyline or by accomplishing numerous side quests. Evolve your characters, learn new skills and spells, and become the hero who will unify the civilizations of Mahera.
33. WAY OF THE SAMURAI 4
The Way of the Samurai series is widely renowned for allowing players to make far-reaching decisions that can radically alter the course of the story and this, the fourth entry in this thrilling series and previously exclusive to the PS3, is no exception! Now all the sword wielding action, adventure and drama of the Way of the Samurai series comes to PC for the very first time, continuing the series’ blend of customization, exploration, action gameplay and quirky humour.
Way of the Samurai 4 takes place in the humble port town of Amihama during the mid 19th Century, several years after the arrival of the “black ships” from the West ended Japan’s long history of cultural isolation. Amihama’s downtown area has slowly been converted to a “Little Britain,” complete with European-styled buildings, occupied by an influx of adventurous foreign settlers. Not everyone welcomes these new residents though, and three distinct factions with opposing ideals begin to take shape.
You must take on the role of a master-less samurai looking to establish yourself in this conflicted land of opportunity and uncertainty. It is up to you to decide which faction to support in an almighty conflict amongst the region’s three powers, and so direct the course of Japan’s history.
Will you aid the shogunate pro-government in their attempts to keep the peace and establish cordial relations with the foreign contingent?
Will you help the nationalistic isolationists in their attempts to exile this potential threat to the Japanese way of life?
Or will you ally with the foreigners directed by the British Navy in their attempts to establish silk trade and foster cultural exchange?
Who will you support? Who will you betray? Become the ultimate bastion of virtue or the ultimate disgrace to humanity, and do it however you'd like. The choice is entirely your own...
Come join the denizens of this conflicted harbour and enjoy all the series staples you've come to expect from Way of the Samurai:
• Branching storylines with multiple endings
• Dynamic combat system
• Vast array of melee and gunpowder weaponry
• Extensive character customization
• Key event decision making
• Sword collecting
• Original Japanese voiceover with English subtitles
This PC conversion also features a number of improvements over the original, ensuring that PC gamers receive the best gaming experience possible:
• Improved user interface with both gamepad and keyboard support
• 8 stunning Steam Trading Cards to collect!
• Steam Achievements
• Cloud Saves
What the reviewers had to say about the PS3 version
“Ridiculously over-the-top Japanese historical setting combined with samurai badassery and an open-world, Choose Your Own Adventure–style interface.” - EGM
“I can recommend this game to anyone who is a diehard fan of samurais and enjoys a good combat system wrapped around a unique way of telling a story.” - Darkstation
“...a unique, rewarding experience that to date, can't be found anywhere else.” – Destructoid
34. RIOT - Civil Unrest
As the world’s economical crisis deepens and inequality tears the very fabric of society the discontentment of the masses manifests itself in violent public disturbances and civil disorder.
RIOT – Civil Unrest is the highly anticipated real-time strategy game that places the player right in the heart of some of the world’s most fractious riots -Indignados (Spain), Arab Spring (Egypt), Keratea (Greece) and NoTAV (Italy). Already heavily backed on Steam Greenlight, RIOT – Civil Unrest is coming to Steam this summer.
RIOT – Civil Unrest’s creator, Leonard Menchiari, experienced rioting first-hand at the NoTAV protests in Italy. He created the game to tell the stories and express the feelings experienced during these clashes. What triggers the crowd to behave with such anger and aggression? Often outnumbered, what does a police officer feel like during the conflict? RIOT – Civil Unrest presents the player with the opportunity to experience both sides of the fight - a fight in which there really are no winners. Who is right and who is wrong? Experience RIOT – Civil Unrest and draw your own conclusions.
Play as the Police
- Employ numerous crowd-control tactics, both passive and aggressive.
- Command Assault, Tactical, Ballistic, Arrest and Plain Clothes squads.
- Call in police trucks, water cannon, snatch squads and others.
- Choose whether to use smoke grenades, rubber and plastic bullets, tasers or even live ammunition.
Play as the Rioters
- Instruct Leaders, Agitators, Rioters (armed and passive) and Journalists.
- Incite rage and cause the masses to act aggressively or try to calm the situation with tactical crowd reformation and retreats.
- Attack authority with Molotov cocktails, fireworks, paper-bombs, rocks, street furniture and the power of the media.
- Twenty levels split over four campaigns Keratea (Greece), NoTAV (Italy), Indignados (Spain) and Arab Spring (Egypt).
- See the story unfold from both sides - play all twenty levels as the Rioters or the Police.
- Single player mode - play against the computer AI.
- Skirmish mode - play against a friend on the same computer.
- Multiplayer mode: play against a friend online.
Create your own Riots with the level editor
- Alter the look of the confrontation by importing your own background graphics.
- Position elements, vehicles and obstacles where you want them.
- Set the time of day and the weather.
- Choose and position rioters and police starting points as well as their orders and level of aggression.
35. Strike Vector
"Strike Vector is gorgeous shooter with strong mechanics and lots of customisation"
7.7/10 – IGN
"it more than makes up for by being a gorgeous, intensely competitive experience that matches its aesthetic appeal with pure shooter satisfaction"
– 7.5/10 –destructoid
"Strike Vector does one thing - frantic multiplayer combat action - and does it really well" Luke Plunkett
"I do, however, know one thing for sure: Strike Vector The Videogame is unarguably stunning" Nathan Grayson
“Strike Vector est la petite bombe indépendante sans prétention que l’on ne voyait pas venir”
17/20 – jeuxvideo.com
“BELLISSIMO, Strike Vector è uno sparatutto indipendente adrenalinico, appagante e assolutamente spaziale. In tutti i sensi”
9.2/10 – IGN.it
"Amateur de sensations fortes, à vos souris. Si vous cherchiez du Quake en altitude, de l'instagib en vaisseau spatial, le titre qu'il vous faut est enfin dispo : ça s'appelle Strike Vector et c'est pour les joueurs hardcore dont l'estomac est bien accroché"
4/5 – gameblog.fr
Strike Vector is a Brutal aerial FPS that will see you test your skills online against other players in the tradition of Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament. The game offers an hardcore learning curve for those who don't fear to die a lot at first but who will get a massive rewarding feeling when they will master the game and dominate the battlefield.all New Features Will Be FreeRagequit Corporation will offer free downloadable content after the game release. We want to make sure that every person playing Strike Vector have access to the same content regardless of when they will get the game.gameplayWith a distinct old school feel, reminiscent to games such as Crimson Skies, Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament, Strike Vector will let you test your reflexes and skills against your friends. Team flight and mutual assistance is required to fulfill your missions but individual aiming and piloting skills are also mandatory.two Movement ModesYou fly the Vector, the lastest hyper-speed VTOL, highly customizable and manoeuvrable Jet fighter. Your enhanced version can instantly switch between 2 movement modes :
- Jet Mode: reach high-speed, intercept opponents and fast evade incoming projectiles.
- Stationary Mode: strafe in all directions with increased precision, hold and defend key locations.
This unique gameplay allow you to fight face to face with your enemies like classical FPS, or playing dog fighting.game ModesTargets to reach, positions to defend, enemy structures to destroy … Players may select among famous game modes such as deathmatch, team domination, team deathmatch, and Bounty Hunter! More game modes are coming soon!build Your Own vectorEquip your Vector in your own style with two differents weapons to get the edge on various situations or be a specialist by choosing the same weapon for each side of the craft. Hundreds of combinations are available, making your ship the only kind of his genre on the battlefield.
Depending on your weapons and perks choice, your playstyle will be different from another player, you create your own class :
- Fast and stealthy to capture positions and hide in massive structure to surprise your enemies.
- Heavy and powerful to defend strategic points or assault enemies defenses.
Customize your ship appearance among various type of skin decorations and put a gadget in your cockpit to make you feel like you are at home. A mach 3 home!varied EnvironmentsYou will play through gigantic flying structure like aerial oil platforms, slums, cities, factories, abandonned stations and much more and find many destructible objects like giant cargos or pressure vessels and use them to trap players in deadly explosions, block or open passages and fulfill your mission objectives.
Use your environment to avoid and escape homing missiles by adopting a risky flying style. Play the way you want with various game mode adapted for a 360° warfare
Eliminate every players in classic deathmatch, support your team in domination or the greedier and more...
STRIKE VECTOR FORUM : http://www.strikevector.net/forum/
STRIKE VECTOR OST : http://themaravers.bandcamp.com/
36. TRANSFORMERS: Rise of the Dark Spark
- Includes Over 40 playable characters from two different universes!
- Change Form Anytime: Effortlessly switch between robot and vehicle form!
- Beyond the Movie: Weave your way through Earth and Cybertron universes in an unforgettable battle to secure the Dark Spark.
- Epic Multiplayer Battles: Expanded four-player co-op online escalation mode with new upgradeable defenses and challenging Power Foes!
- New Unlock System: Leveling system spans campaign and escalation, allowing players to unlock rewards that will aid progression in both modes!
Categories in common with TRANSFORMERS: Rise of the Dark Spark: Action
37. Maldita Castilla EX - Cursed Castile
The tears of a young witch have been turned by a demon into a key that opens up a gateway for the evil in this world. The King Alfonso VI of León has gathered his loyal knights to get to Tolomera del Rey and finish the nightmare using the power of the Witch’s tears.
Banish the zombies and demons that entered the Kingdom of Castile with Don Ramiro, the loyal King’s Knight, and his friends. For that, you will use a different range of weapons to defeat your enemies through the cursed lands of Tolomera, in a pure classic arcade action style.
This new instalment features:
- 8 Stages
- 19 Bosses
- 48+ types of enemies
- 4 different endings
- 15 unlockable achievements
- New music tracks
- Remixed and remastered audio
- Illustrated Bestiary – with unlockable information about the myths behind each creature included in the game
- 8 screen view modes
- Navigation menu
- Specific content adaptation for the end platform to improve the gamer experience
38. BrainBread 2
CyberCon, the notorious global corporation, aspired to deliver to the world something that would change the fate of humanity. What the world wasn't ready for however... Was CyberCon's true intentions. Their schemes had been controversial to most before, but their newest idea seemed almost too perfect.
A much sinister secret was about to be exposed. CyberCon's project involved the development of neuro-hub chips. They succeeded and became a phenomenon, later becoming a mandatory law to have them implanted at birth using state of the art surgery and cutting edge technology.
CyberCon were granted this permission from the government. The controversy was covered up and very little was known how it was done.
The technology was seen by many around the world as a major breakthrough that could cure blindness, deafness, disease, and a huge boost in performance for modern day life.
It was further aiding as a gateway to easier communication and enhanced capabilities. This was the next milestone in human history.
However, good things must always come to an end.
And CyberCon's true colors are yet to be revealed.Features
- 5 Unique gamemodes.
- Over 20 unique weapons, including akimbo weapons!
- Extreme amounts of gore & gibbing, this is your lovely grindhouse-gore movie!
- Over 100 unique skill combinations.
- A global profile system/leveling system.
- Play as a zombie, evolve as a zombie using your special zombie skill tree to your advantage!
- Modding friendly, customize your own soundsets for any of the npcs, make your own player survivor models, make custom maps, share your creations via Workshop!
- Character customization.
- No pay to win!
- Simple UI and HUD.
- AI Soldiers, Tanks and Bandits/Mercenaries.
- A powerful quest, objective & inventory system.
- Playable on PC, Mac OSX, and Linux with multiplayer cross-compatibility.
- Dedicated Server Support for PC and Linux.
Focuses on story based gameplay, progress by doing specific quests or side-quests to increase your chance of survival!
Focuses on small & simple objectives, this is a casual/chill gamemode based on the original BrainBread, if you want a pure BrainBread experience you can enable a server command to force it to vanilla BrainBread mode. In this mode you can also play as a zombie and as a human you can get infected. The zombie's objective is to prevent the humans from progressing, when you get a certain amount of kills you will be able to respawn as a human again, or if you die too many times. All of this can be regulated by the server owner.
This is a wave based gamemode, similar to 'Survival'. You have limited respawns and when you die you'll respawn after X amount of seconds. Everyone respawns at the same time, certain maps may allow certain amount of retries for a wave, if you fail too many times you have to do everything over again. This mode is very action-packed, you better be flexible.
A Humans VS Zombies gamemode, first team to reach the fraglimit wins! In this mode you respawn individually, however if everyone on your team is dead your team will be 'Exterminated', which means the round is over. The opposite team gains a certain amount of points by exterminating the other team, this is an effective way to gain points but it is hard to achieve if there's many players. In this mode you'll also trigger a team perk if your team gets a certain amount of kills, your team will be blessed with some helpful skill for a certain amount of seconds.
A PvP gamemode, solely for humans. Featuring classic old-school powerups, increased speed and flexibility! As well as an announcer which will try to salute you or make fun of you if you fail too much!
39. Depth Hunter 2: Deep Dive
Depth Hunter 2 offers 25 exciting missions in 3 huge locations around the world. Players will hunt different fish species and face the difficulties of breath-holding spearfishing, an ancient fishing method.
Players will also have to find treasures and get the possibility to take underwater photos to capture the beauty of the simulated, detailed and lively underwater worlds they’re exploring also in a exploration mode.
Spearfishing and Underwater Hunting are ancient fishing and hunting methods, used to catch fish by using a mechanical harpoon. Today, spearfishing is a sports activity in many countries around the world, especially in the UK, around the Mediterranean Sea and in South America. Spearfishers hunt while diving apnea, holding their breath, so have to coordinate their energy carefully while monitoring their prey, especially in tactically challenging hunting situations.
40. Redneck Rampage
A week from a Redneck's life:
Munday: Well, we crash-landed that UFO in the desert and Bubba says he wants to go home. Heck, I don't blame him 'cause there ain't no place like Hickston. But according to my map, we're gonna have to blast our way through jack o' lope farms and a riverboat as well as a brothel (Bubba can't wait) 'fore we get home again.
Toosday: Met new folks like Daisy Mae (she's purty). Bikers, pigs, cows and jack o' lopes. I think I even saw the King at the Slurp n' Burp.
Winsday: Yeehaw! Got to joyride in a Swamp Buggy and a motorcycle that were both armed to the teeth. I hope those peoples I ran over will be alrite. I still got a darn jack 'o lope stuck in the grill though.
Thersday: New ways to destroy stuff! I found over 10 weapons like a crossbow that shoots dynamite-loaded chickens and a slingblade. Mmmm-Hmm!
Fri-day: Sure am hungry! I just need some good ol' redneck powerups like pork rinds, cow pies and some of my granpappy's moonshine!
Saterday: Boy I sure so like those toe tapping tunes by that good ol' boy Mojo Nixon.
Sunday: Heck! With all the new places we been, I sure wish my kinfolk could've come along for the ride!
Indulge Lady Tallowmere and see how far through her lovingly violent dungeons you can delve in this 2D indie action roguelike-inspired platformer. New rooms are procedurally generated every time you play, meaning you'll have to be on your guard for every randomly-placed enemy, elite, boss, and treasure chest you'll come across.
Each room gets progressively bigger, harder, and more rewarding the further you go.
The concept is simple yet hard to master:
- Raise your shield to block enemy attacks.
- Lower your shield and strike your foes when the timing is right.
- Jump or move to avoid traps, or use your shield to reduce damage taken.
- Find the key to advance to the next room.
- Collect weapons, outfits, headgear, and shields of various rarities to aid your journey.
- Turn in souls from slain enemies to increase your base stats and passive abilities.
- Stay alive as long as you can!
Brace yourself as you learn the quirks of each foe, trap, and room type so you can strive for that "one more run" high-score victory! Each dungeon is infinite in length so it's up to you to push your limits; local scoreboards and online leaderboards let you track your greatest efforts.
Available for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Play with keyboard (and optionally mouse buttons), or use your favourite gamepad/controller.
Tallowmere offers single-player and local co-op madness (up to 4 players) for fun frantic couch gaming.
✓ Action roguelite platformer with randomly-generated levels, each room bigger than the last
✓ Wreak havoc with trusty axes, hefty clubs, teleporting katanas, stealth-enabling emerald daggers, freezing ice wands, bouncing grenades, embroiling flamethrowers, and powerful rocket launchers
✓ Find and equip outfits, headgear, shields, and more
✓ Hunt for power with 7 tiers of item rarities ranging from Basic to Otherworldly
✓ Learn to conquer multiple enemy types with elite variations, including fire mages, archers, leapers, conductors, ogres, flail knights, feelers, bloats, and zaeries
✓ Satisfying combat with persistent bloodsplats and gibs
✓ Tactical shield blocking
✓ Infinite jumping
✓ Deadly traps and obstacles to try and avoid, such as spinning pinwheels, acid clouds, and extremely pointy spikes
✓ Coins, hearts, souls, and keys to collect from slain foes
✓ Hardcore permadeath to keep your adrenaline going
✓ Treasure chests to loot
✓ Potions to keep you alive
✓ Special room events and bosses to master
✓ Passive abilities for you to gain strength and then some
✓ Coin-loving merchants
✓ Difficulty settings to match your pain threshold
✓ Challenge modes
✓ Combat/event log
✓ Soft savegame system (so you can quit and resume later) and personal high-score system with cross-platform Steam Cloud support
✓ Global Steam leaderboards for speedruns and bragging rights
✓ Sacrificial kittens
✓ Dev console for cheats
✓ Runs on Windows, macOS, and Linux
✓ Play single-player or local couch co-op (up to 4 players with 4 controllers sharing the same screen)
✓ Keyboard and mouse support
✓ Gamepad/controller support
✓ Independent game developer
You're not afraid... or are you?
To those who will be lured into Lady Tallowmere's dungeons: good luck.
- Finnish (Suomi) – translated by Tomi Turkki & Olli-Samuli Lehmus
- French (Français) – translated by Christophe Braguy
- German (Deutsch) – translated by Spiffosi, sePL, & John Westfield
- Italian (Italiano) – translated by Luca Pattarini
- Japanese (日本語) – translated by Teyon Japan
- Polish (Polski) – translated by Maciej Ułanowicz
- Russian (Русский) – translated by Tycho Davidianus
- Simplified Chinese (简体中文) – translated by Kai Shao
- Spanish (Español) – translated by Jose M. Gaspar
- Turkish (Türkçe) – translated by A. Ozkal
Buy Tallowmere on Steam and get the Android port as a free DLC.
• "Local Co-op" means you can connect up to 4 controllers and play with your friends in the same room sharing the same screen. Network/LAN co-op is not available.
42. Beat Hazard 2
Gameplay Powered by YOUR Music!
Experience your music collection as never before with this intense music driven arcade shooter.
Each of your songs will have its own unique ebb and flow based on the music. Beat Hazard 2 seamlessly mixes the love of gaming and music. Together they become greater than the sum of their parts.
Beat Hazard 2 improves on and ramps up the awesome zen feeling of battling to your own music. Power up your spaceship and watch as the music boosts your firepower. Unleash hell on the enemy ships when you max out with weapon pickups!
Pushing the boundaries of music powered gameplay, the sequel will include procedurally generated boss ships. Each track will create a unique archenemy ship for you to vanquish.
Premium music streaming services will be supported via an 'Open Mic' system that can listen in to any music source. Now the music world is your oyster, play to Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple Music, YouTube, or any other provider!
43. Legends of Aethereus
The planet of Aethereus is an ancient and mysterious world filled with majestic forests, misty swamps, deep caves and ancient ruins. Devastated by three large astronomical events, the Three Great Skyfalls, it is a world just coming out of chaos and ruin. The recent unearthing of The Gauldron Tablets has revealed the existence of The Seven Ancient Skyfall Relics. The promise of unlimited power for those who possess the objects has led to a frenzied search across all of Aethereus.
As a member of the Nexus City-State, one of the last bastions of freedom and hope on Aethereus, you will be entrusted with the critical undertaking of procuring the The Ancient Skyfall Relics. Standing in your way are the Serpentica Shamans of Ghalia and the hordes of Khagal Tribes they control as well as the oppressive Venatan Empire forces lead by the notorious General Zhorgal.
Your epic journey of adventure and discovery begins now.
Join forces in online multiplayer cooperative expeditions as the Inventor or Officer while you embark on a variety of story driven hand-crafted expedition levels or explore the wilderness through a variety of procedurally generated exploration quests. Design and build new gear and weapons while you develop your character across a diverse and expansive skill tree allowing for a multitude of character strategies.
44. Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms
Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms is the next chapter in the Heretic Kingdoms saga and takes place 20 years after the events of Kult: Heretic Kingdoms. It’s an epic adventure with challenging gameplay, a gripping storyline and enchanting graphics. In this isometric action RPG, the player takes on the role of the Devourer, a demon that swallows the souls of the dead and then brings them back into the mortal realm as his puppets. It's up to him to either thwart a major threat and save the world, or to plunge it into complete disaster…Story
After four of the five members of a secret order known as Penta Nera were murdered, their souls were swallowed by a pack of Devourers. Since then, they move around the mortal realm as the puppets of the Devourers, as a demonic Penta Nera, and ravage the land in search of the essence of souls.
The fifth member of the order, bent on revenge, makes use of the only way to stop them and summons another Devourer: this one is different from his siblings. He can absorb multiple souls, but sometimes becomes more human or schizophrenic, the more souls he absorbs. He can stop the demonic Penta Nera and save the world, or he can plunge it into complete disaster...Key Features Of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms
- Extensive freedom of choice, affecting the course of the game
- Gripping storyline in a world full of myths, destinies and legendary creatures
- Two game worlds in one: Wander between the worlds and risk a glimpse into the dark shadow world, where you will also face enemies and solve mystic puzzles.
- One dark hero, 15 different characters: Devour the souls of your enemies and use a lot of different characters and combat styles.
- Complete a variety of diverse quests and face creatures in battle that you could only imagine in your worst nightmares!
- Huge number of fantastical creatures with unique fighting styles and challenges
- Unique party system
- 90/100 - "A well-designed adventure into dark RPG-worlds that has nothing to hide." - http://www.spielemagazin.de/spiele/shadows-heretic-kingdoms-pc/
- 4/5 - "Shadows: heretic kingdoms enters a very crowded hall of action RPGs." - http://calmdowntom.com/review/shadows-heretic-kingdoms-review-pc/
- 8/10 - "It’s a rich experience with an abundance of soul and a unique vision; there’s no need to wait ten years for that glitzy triple-A game to ape its conventions and follow its narrative ambition." - http://www.hookedgamers.com/pc/shadows_heretic_kingdoms/review/article-1374-2.html
45. Quest Hunter
Welcome to the Dark World. The world that is ruled by its own laws. The world where fire is the main treasure, and a shovel is a loyal friend and assistant. There’s enough trouble for villains here but there's double trouble for heroes. As a hero you will have to:
- Level up and equip yourself.
- Claim some space for your camp from the Dark World.
- Assemble a team of friends and helpers.
- Build and protect your camp.
- Solve the puzzles of old times.
- Destroy the insidious plans of enemies.
- Find and unearth many treasures.
- Save the princess and the whole world at the same time.
Quest Hunter is a story-driven RPG with treasure hunt, non-linear dialogues, puzzles and humor! Mysterious world, fascinating plot, interesting puzzles and insidious enemies are waiting for you!Basic Features
- Story-driven RPG: influence the storyline, choosing the answers in the dialogues. Untangle the insidious plans of your enemies and bring them out into the open. Save the world from the eternal darkness!
- Cooperative mode: play the game online with your friends. Fight against evil shoulder to shoulder or make a mass grave in the enemy’s lair!
- Random generated dungeons: try your luck, see if you can find the way out of the dungeon. Where could it be this time? Who’s waiting for you around the corner?
- Quests and puzzles: move, turn, light, switch over, dig up… In short, solve a variety of quests and puzzles. Search for treasure maps to become the richest man in the camp!
- Skills and super powers: upgrade the character attributes and explore new skills. Become an invincible killing machine and turn your enemies into dust!
- Weapons, armor and items: find, create and upgrade your weapon and armor. Cook potions or make bombs. Take a shovel and a straw hat or a sharp blade and a helmet – it’s up to you to decide!
- Monsters and bosses: mysterious beasts from the darkness – light the torch and they will scatter away. Insidious bandits – give them your money and you’ll stay alive. Cunning bosses – find your approach to them!
- Treasure and trophies: stuff your pockets with trophies of your defeated enemies. Find all stashes and hiding places. Dig up all the treasures of the Dark World!
And remember: you are safe only by the light of the torch!
46. Heavy Fire: Afghanistan
FAST, DEADLY AND UNRELENTING COMBAT
Heavy Fire: Afghanistan is a super fast playing, high intensity on-rails shooter set in modern-day Afghanistan. Whether fighting up close and personal with guns and grenades, raining down fire from a helicopter or laying waste with a main battle tank, Heavy Fire: Afghanistan is an immediately fun, pickup-and-play experience for hardcore gamers and novices alike.
EXPERIENCE FAST-PACED ACTION SET IN MODERN-DAY AFGHANISTAN
You've battled through some of the most intense combat situations known to man — and it ain't over yet. Afghanistan is teeming with insurgents, and every day brings on new challenges. Today, it's up to you and your men to bring down the enemy. The intelligence reports tell you that enemy forces have been plotting their next move from a shack hidden deep within the forest on a secluded mountainside. You're going to surprise them in their own territory — and you're bringing Heavy Fire.
Stay sharp in this blisteringly fast-paced modern day shooter. Protect your team as you move from cover to cover, eliminating threats as they appear! Fight on foot or in a variety of vehicles including tanks, helicopters, and APCs. Utilize weapons ranging from handguns to mounted cannons and grenades to stay alive, keep fighting, and complete your mission.
- 24 missions featuring Exclusive Multi-Cover System
- Experience gut-wrenching, fast-paced action set in modern-day Afghanistan
- Fight on foot. Fight by tank, assault vehicle, and helicopter
- More than 60 awards, ranks, and equipment upgrades
- Co-op multiplayer play for up to 4 players on one machine
- High quality graphics designed for 1080p
- Steam Cloud, Leaderboards, Achievements & Trading Cards!
47. Gloria Victis
Gloria Victis is a MMORPG with an emphasis on realism, set in a low-fantasy medieval open world. Enjoy skill-based non-target combat, open PVP with territory control, deep, expanded crafting system, player-driven economy and a mature, extensive storyline – all that served with beautiful, realistic graphics and immersive atmosphere.
Choose one of two nations: proud Midlanders inhabiting vast green lands or vengeful Ismirs from the frosty North and join the conflict!
Non-Target Combat – Engage in action-based, non-target combat where your skills and tactics matter! Prove your skills and earn fame as an undefeatable duelist, eagle-eyed archer or respected commander inspiring your allies in battle!
Open PVP – Fight to the death in tournaments, towns and castles sieges and epic wars where entire armies collide!
Territory Control – Conquer the lands, siege non-instantiated towns and castles and develop fortifications to earn an advantage in the everlasting conflict of the realms!
Innovative Partial Loot System – Defeated your enemy? Take your reward, selecting which specific items you would like to loot – but hurry, the clock is ticking!
Fame and Disgrace – Be a part of a living feudal society, establish your reputation and move up the feudal hierarchy, leading your allies to victory under your guild’s banner – or run and hide as an outlaw!
Complex Crafting System – Look for the best resources and materials, use crafting workstations and co-operate with others to increase your efficiency and achieve mastery in one of 8 different realistic crafts. The economy is in your hands – swords don’t drop from wolves but are forged by the blacksmiths!
Class-less Progression – Become who you want to be, shaping your character without artificial classes and fully customizing your equipment using hundreds of available items!
Open Living World – Seamless, breathtaking, challenging, dynamically reacting to your actions – the diversified and overwhelming world of Gloria Victis awaits you!
Low-fantasy Setting – Explore the lands based upon medieval Europe and Middle-East, discover ancient secrets, seek for forgotten treasures and face creatures designed after medieval tales!
Please remember that the game is currently in alpha stage and you may experience some issues or some of the features may not be implemented yet. Read the "Early Access" section above for details!
We are continuously improving and expanding all the described features according to the Community voice, while the others are under development or on our to-do list.
Features which will come with the future updates:
Mounts – Tired of walking? Get on a horse, take your lance and charge the enemy – or prove your incomparable skills in mounted archery!
Full-scale Sieges – Rams, ballistae, trebuchets and catapults – medieval warfare in all its beauty and glory!
Sailing and Naval Combat – Build a cog to deliver goods to distant realms, lead your fleet in naval warfare or make your mark as a world-known corsair!
Housing – Build your own house, develop and decorate it – home sweet home!
Freedom and Immersion – Want to rest for a while? Enjoy numerous side-activities, such as fishing, gambling and the beer drinking contest!
Mature storyline – Choose one of three playable nations based upon the old powers from medieval Europe and the Middle-East – Midlanders, Ismirs and Azebs – and enjoy an epic adventure to discover their rich culture, history and an own beliefs system!
We are currently hosting servers for following regions:
- West Europe
- East Europe/Russia
- North America
- South America
- South East Asia
48. Shark Attack Deathmatch 2
Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 captures the thrill of underwater multi-player mayhem like no other game. The combat is savage, gritty and brutal. Players hunt each other down in various game modes with the constant threat of terrifying sharks joining in on the bloodshed.Tear divers apart as you take on the the role as the ocean's top apex predator, The Great White.
- Brutal Multiplayer Combat
Multi-player combat in Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 is intense. Up to 8 Online Players battle it out against each other with the added threat of terrifying sharks joining in on the mayhem.
- Predator Mode- Play as the Great White Shark
Players get a chance to take on the role of the oceans top apex predator , the Great White. Tear divers limb from limb from in this visceral experience as the hunter becomes the hunted.
- Online CO-OP Survival Challenge
Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 features the most intense CO-OP underwater action you will ever experience.
It's just you and a friend against a terrifying onslaught of sharks! Will you survive?
- Single Player Survival Challenge
Survival is a single player experience where players take on a constant onslaught of some of the most terrifying beasts in the ocean. Every encounter you survive could have you climbing the global leaderboard for prestige and world domination.
- Breathtaking Seascapes and Levels
The game already features 6 amazing maps, each with it's own unique style and location. Whether it be hunting down the Ragged Tooth Sharks in The Boneyard, surviving brutal attacks in the flooded New York City map called Tsunami, fighting among the carnage of Wrecks and Reefs, exploring Atlantis, or battling between the Russian Attack Subs in The Red Tide. New maps will be released constantly during the early access process.
- Character Customization
Players have complete control of all their gear. Personalize Wetsuits, flippers, goggles, tanks, snorkels and more. Create your own signature look that other players recognise and will soon grow to fear.
- Terrifying Sharks and Creatures
Jump straight into the action and take on a variety of terrifying sharks. Great Whites, Ragged-Tooth's, Bull Sharks, Black Tip Reef Sharks, Shortfin Mako Sharks and Tiger Sharks, when provoked will hunt you down and become your worst nightmare.
49. Knee Deep
When a washed-up actor hangs himself on location, a spotlight is cast on the backwater Florida town of Cypress Knee. Your screen becomes a stage on which you investigate this mysterious suicide as three distinct characters: cheeky blogger Romana Teague, down-and-out local reporter Jack Bellet, and cynical private investigator K.C. Gaddis.
Experience a magical reality where characters are transported among scenes, set pieces moved into place, and music wafts from the orchestra pit. Knee Deep is about characters, storytelling, and the melodrama of swampland Florida.
- Uncover a swampland conspiracy—Use your skills of observation, deduction, and cleverness to pull back the curtain and reveal the true story behind this backwater community.
- Dynamic storytelling spotlights choice and consequence—Engage in realistic conversations that evolve based on your choices, but beware as critical decisions could lead to a breakthrough...or someone getting hurt.
- Gaming goes to the theater—Vivid voice acting, imaginative set transitions, and melodrama specifically designed for the digital stage
- A swamp noir adventure in three acts—enjoy the entire season with all three acts available now!
- NEW - Step even closer to the peformance with Tobii EyeX integration! Affect lighting on actors, have them turn to acknowledge your presence, and affect menus and minigames all with the effortless movement of your eyes. Requires Tobii EyeX hardware.
- NEW - Take the best seat in the house with Knee Deep now supported in VR on Vive and Oculus! Existing users will have immediate access to VR content and new customers will receive both the original and VR versions of the game.
50. BlackShot: Mercenary Warfare FPS
BlackShot is a free-to-play, first-person shooter set in a post-apocalyptic world.
Join other mercenaries in brutal team combat, multiple game modes, and experience in-depth customization to create your perfect warrior!Story
The old world ended on the fourth of December, 2033.
In the preceding decade, advances in human cloning had led to the development of the ultimate weapon; the expendable clone soldier, the Mercenary.
Nations began expanding their borders aggressively, seeking more resources in order to expand their clone armies. The entire world soon became embroiled in global conflict.
BlackShot is one the world’s elite mercenary groups. You are a newly contracted Mercenary.
Will you rise through the ranks to become elite?Multiply Game Modes
- Running Man Mode (RM)
- Team Death Match (TDM)
- Team Flag Match (TFM)
- Search & Destroy (SD)
- Protect the Commander (PC)
- Unlimited Battle Arena (UBA)
- Bunker Defense (BD)
Receive Weapons, Gear, and Tactics at every level!Gear SystemEnhance your mercenary with Gear to make them better, stronger, faster!
Receive stat bonuses or increase your weapon load.Tactical SlotsAdd depth to your character customization by assigning weapons expertise.
Unlock more slots as you gain ranks, and create a deadly mercenary!Clan System & Dedicated Clan ServersCreate your own or join an existing clan, customize your emblem, and dominate!
Clan rankings and Clan servers for team matches.WeaponsMassive array of weapons such as AR, BR, Snipers, SMG, Shotguns and many more.
7 Mastery categories and multiple ranks that unlock unique weaponry!