Trying to find games like SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics? Try these 100 great games that are similar to SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics that have been tried, tested and recommended.
The best games like SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics are:
- arrow_rightDuke Nukem Forever
- arrow_rightSystem Shock 2
- arrow_rightInvisible, Inc.
- arrow_rightThe Final Station
- arrow_rightDungeon of the Endless
- arrow_rightTom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
- arrow_rightThe Turing Test
- arrow_rightStreets of Rage 2
100 Best Games Like SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (29)
- PlayStation 4 (43)
- iOS (47)
- Android (30)
- macOS (63)
- Linux (38)
- Nintendo Switch (28)
- Nintendo 3DS (16)
- Nintendo DS (5)
- Xbox 360 (16)
- Xbox (5)
- PlayStation 3 (22)
- PlayStation 2 (9)
- PlayStation (15)
- PS Vita (9)
- PSP (6)
- Wii U (15)
- Wii (29)
- GameCube (8)
- Nintendo 64 (5)
- Game Boy Advance (11)
- Game Boy Color (1)
- Game Boy (3)
- SNES (8)
- NES (10)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Apple II (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (25)
- Atari 7800 (2)
- Atari 2600 (1)
- Atari 8-bit (2)
- Atari ST (15)
- Atari Lynx (1)
- Genesis (12)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- SEGA Master System (6)
- 3DO (1)
- Jaguar (1)
- Game Gear (2)
- Neo Geo (1)
- Web (2)
1. Duke Nukem Forever
Duke Nukem is a larger-than-life macho who smokes cigars, speaks in one-liners and has a kink for hot girls and big guns. Twelve years ago, Duke defeated invading aliens and became a worldwide celebrity, but now another invasion forces him to go out of the retirement. He has to save all the Earth's women, who are being kidnapped by aliens. Most weapons are the same as in the original game. However, this time Duke cannot carry all his arsenals and is restricted to only two weapons at a time. He can also use “holoduke”, a holographic version of himself, to distract enemies. Duke restores his health over time using a new mechanic of “ego bar” — a measurement of Duke’s enormous ego that needs to be bolstered.
This belated sequel to Duke Nukem 3D spent 15 years in development, so it may feel like an artifact from another era. This is especially obvious from the game’s vulgar black humor. The protagonist may urinate, drink beer, and tell somewhat chauvinistic jokes about women. There's also controversial Capture the Babe multiplayer mode, based on "capture the flag" mechanic, but instead of flags, there are girls that have to be spanked.
2. System Shock 2
The game is set in the distant future of 2114, 42 years after the events of the original System Shock. We are onboard the spaceship Von Braun that returns from humanity's first interstellar expedition to Tau Ceti system. The plot follows the main character who awakens from the cryosleep, with no idea what's going on. The rest of the crew was affected by some disaster that either killed them or turned into brainwashed slaves of an alien entity called The Many. The only other survivor is presumed to be mysterious Dr. Janice Polito, who instructs the player via radio. To survive and find out what happened, the protagonist sets out to explore the dimly lit corridors of Von Braun, encountering his former friends mutated into abominations. The player can use guns, but ammunition is scarce, which forces the player to use it prudently and move ahead with caution.
The game was created by Ken Levine, the Irrational Games founder and famous designer behind such titles as BioShock and Thief: The Dark Project. System Shock series was a major inspiration for Bioshock series, which is considered its spiritual successor, as well as, to some extent, Portal series.
3. Invisible, Inc.
Developed by the Canadian Klei Entertainment, Invisible Inc. is a turn-based strategy with elements of stealth and roguelike. The game takes place in a dystopian future: in 2074 and the huge multinational corporations seized power from the world government. Invisible Inc. - a private intelligence agency and a corporate contractor, conduct sophisticated undercover operations and use complex AI system called Incognita.
At the beginning of the game, the security system of the agency was breached and most of the agency was lost. The remaining employee manages only to save AI, but its existence is questionable: the system can exist without connecting to a powerful computer for only 72 hours. Finding the right hardware becomes the main task of surviving agents. The player plays the role of their remote operator.
The gameplay is similar to the X-COM games: all missions are turn-based. Each agent under player’s control has a limited action point that he can use during the turn. Often the main task on the map is to possess a certain object. During the missions, the player can complete additional quests that allow you to open new agents and equipment.
4. The Final Station
The Final Station is an action-adventure game developed by Do My Best Games.
It is 2059, 134 years after the First Visitation when UFOs crashed on Earth and began infecting humans creating zombies. With many countries destroyed, humankind was able to repel the attack at a large price. A united government is formed, migration to unaffected regions takes place. Life slowly comes back to normal. Railroads become the main transportation method, connecting the last remaining cities. The unnamed main character works as a train driver. After he finished the delivery of special cargo, the Second Visitation begins.
The Final Station is a two-dimensional pixelated game that focuses on survival and resource management. The main objective of The Conductor is to reach his home to protect his daughter. The players arrive at numerous stations on their journey to look for fuel, food, and ammunition. The survivors of the Visitation can also be found at the station and be taken with you on the train.
While the players travel to other stations, they can interact with the survivors they had picked up. They may request food, medicine or offer a quest upon talking to them. These survivors will walk off your train when they reach their destination.
The Only Traitor DLC
A DLC was released for the game. It offered a different plot perspective, new enemies and instead of driving a train, the main character drives a car.
5. Dungeon of the Endless
Dungeon of the Endless is a tower defense game and the third in the series which includes Endless Space and Endless Legend. The game plot is about a prison spaceship which escape pod had crashed in the alien planet. The player controls survivors from that ship, who have to escape the multi-layered structure in the strange planet by taking an energy crystal through several floors filled with angry creatures. There are randomly generated levels in the game in which the player has not only to explore but also to collect resources in order to enable power to various rooms and turrets to divert attention of enemies in order to move the crystal from the starting point of the level into the elevator to the next floor.
In each level of the game the player has to choose two characters who are different in their stats such as health, attack, defense power and movement speed. The player has the option to either control one of two selected characters separately or in tandem.
6. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
After six titles into the series, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six polished and tried the formulas to keep the player interested. This installment allows players to insert their own characters in place of Bishop, a squad mate of the previous protagonist, Logan Keller. Story campaign can be played in co-op with another player, and will follow the operatives through the search for the terrorist, that detonated a chemical bomb, taking many innocent lives. In case of a co-op, the Host will take the place of Bishop, with the additional player taking the place of Knight, whose looks are also can be changed by the said player.
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is a first-person shooter for the most part, but the camera switches into the third person mode while the characters are taking cover. Players can partake in Terrorist Hunt, which is a quick map with randomly scattered enemies a player has to kill. This mode can be played as a Lone Wolf, or with AI companions and a co-op partner. Regular multiplayer of Vegas 2 has been expanded to add ten more maps, two adversarial modes, and better online matchmaking.
7. The Turing Test
The Turing Test is a first-person puzzle game for one on the Unreal Engine 4. The game was developed by the Bulkhead Interactive studio, and published by Square Enix. The game for a long time was an exclusive for Windows and Xbox where it was released on August 30, 2016. It came on the PS4 only in January 2017.
In the game, the player will take control over the main character - Ava Turing, who is an engineer at the space station. Artificial intelligence awakens her from cryogenic sleep since the team didn’t answer for 450 hours. It was sent with a research mission to Europe - a Jupiter’s satellite. Now Ava as the responsible employee is obliged to sit down in the transport module and find out what happened and why the team is silent.
Upon arrival at the station, it turns out that its structure has been changed and to achieve at least some results - it will be necessary to solve puzzles while communicating with Tom - the AI that was left at the disposal of Ave. The player has to reconstruct the picture of the events that happened here by the bit by finding information. The game takes inspiration from the real Turing Test. The Turing test is a real test that the scientist Alan Turing suggested. In the course of it, a person should communicate with somebody without seeing him. During such a conversation, a person should understand with whom he is talking - with another person or with a robot.
Categories in common with The Turing Test: Adventure
8. Streets of Rage 2
After Axel Stone, Blaze Fielding and Adam Hunter destroyed the evil Syndicate leader, Mr. X, the city became a peaceful place to live, and each one of them followed their own paths. One year later, after their reunion, Adam's brother Sammy returned from school to find their apartment in a mess, and Adam nowhere to be seen, and after calling his two friends, one of them notices a photo of Adam chained to a wall, next to someone they knew very well - Mr. X, who returned to turn the peaceful city once again into a war zone. Now, Axel, Blaze, Sammy, and Axel's good friend Max, a pro wrestler, must head out to stop Mr. X once again...hopefully for good...
Streets of Rage 2 differs from the previous title in several ways. There are changes in both graphics (characters now are bigger, more detailed and with more animation frames, and scenarios are less grainy) and gameplay (the rocket move was replaced by a special move that doubles in offense and defense along several new moves), along other new features such as life bars (and names) for all enemies and the radically different new characters.
McPixel is a puzzle game developed by Polish developer Mikołaj Kamiński.
The game serves as a parody of both MacGyver and MacGruber and features a lot of references to the modern pop culture.
The objective of the game is to defuse a bomb located on the level in 20 seconds. The objective is referred to in the game as "save the day". The Protagonist defuses the bombs in ridiculous and absurd ways. For example, by kicking it. The players guide the main character, McPixel himself, by pointing and clicking at the screen. The game consists of four parts, which include three levels. It is possible to unlock a secret fourth level. Each level is composed of six sequences. There are multiple secrets and easter eggs hidden Throughout the levels. The game features several pixel filters, music that was typical for 8-bit games, and free downloadable content.
A level editor is also provided by the developer.
10. Streets of Rage
Looting, random violence and destruction are rampant. Nobody is safe. Despite repeated refusals by their superiors, three young police officers were determined to tackle the problem head on. Eventually they created a special attack unit the only way they could – they quit the force. Take control of one of the three ex-officers and make the city a place where people no longer have to walk the Streets of Rage™!
13. METAL SLUG XX
METAL SLUG XX blasts off on Steam!
METAL SLUG XX was originally released on PlayStation®Portable in 2009 and PlayStation®4 in 2018 as part of the classic 2D run-and-gun action shooting game series from SNK, and now returns to service on Steam with graphics upscaled to 1080p and 4k screen resolution support! Moreover, Leona Heidern, who was a paid DLC character in the original PSP® game, is now playable for free and from the get-go!
■7 missions of intense action! Hidden routes for endless replayability!
7 missions of breathtaking action, charismatic characters, Slug vehicles, and a variety of other content await players in METAL SLUG XX. Branching paths are also hidden throughout the stages for those who want to play and clear METAL SLUG XX to completion!
■New military classes and return of the fan-favorite “Combat School”!
Challenge more than 70 mini games prepared by a beautiful instructor, and clear them all to reach the legendary and devilish “Super Devil” military rank! Get promoted to acquire a mobile satellite that will assist you during your missions!
■Leona playable from the start! 7 soldiers ready for battle!
In addition to the traditional METAL SLUG characters such as Marco Rossi, Tarma Roving, Eri Kasamoto, and Fio Germi, Ralf Jones and Clark Still from KOF’s Ikari Team have also been recruited for this mission! Also from the Ikari Team, Leona Heidern, who was a paid DLC character in the original PSP® version of METAL SLUG XX, will also now be playable from the start. Are you ready to stop every enemy attack via her powerful “Moon Slasher” special ability!?
■Tons of hours of gameplay with achievements!
METAL SLUG XX features no fewer than 34 achievements. Players can also enjoy the co-op local play with their friends!
Get ready for endless hours of intense action and fun with METAL SLUG XX on Steam! Rocket Lawnchair!
14. GemCraft - Chasing Shadows
The cult classic tower defense game beloved by millions comes to Steam with GemCraft - Chasing Shadows. Against swarms of vicious, demonic avatars, your only defenses are the gems you conjure that, when placed atop towers or into traps and amplifiers, become conduits for powerful magical and elemental attacks. GemCraft combines fast-paced real-time strategy as you deal with waves of incoming monsters, and cunning tactics that allow you to craft and combine magical gems.
Create traps that poison or slow, discover powerful artifacts and unlock new abilities, and stand alone against The Forgotten, a seemingly unkillable archdemon whose endless armies threaten to swallow the world. GemCraft is packed with multiple levels of difficulty, hundreds of achievements, nearly two hundred levels, and much, much more, making it a rewarding, deep strategy game you'll come back to over and over again.Key Features:
- Conquer over 190 stages with unique challenges and conditions.
- Over two dozen passive skills to unlock and enhance as you level up and increase your power.
- More than 400 achievements that will reward you with more skill points as you earn them.
- Craft and combine nine gem types with different effects to suit your tactical needs.
- Combine and stack multiple tiers of difficulty and challenging battle traits for greater rewards, but also greater dangers.
- Socket fragments you find into your mystical talisman to impart new bonuses.
- Wield devastating spells to decimate your foes or enhance your gems.
- Control the speed of battle with fast-forward or pause to fit your play style.
- Want more monsters? Summon them with wave stones, but beware their greater power...
- Replay any stage you've completed for more experience points or with a new challenge.
- Hold out as long as you can after you win levels in Endurance mode for more rewards.
15. Dead Island Retro Revenge
Time for some 16-bit retro revenge! Hell-bent on saving his cat, Max must carve a bloody path through a zombie-infested California, tearing his way through hordes of the undead, battalions of corrupt soldiers, and a slew of evil-minded ex-cons. Pull off crazy combos, collect power-ups, wield super weapons, and unleash insane magic attacks as you fight to become the amazing 16-bit side-scrolling hero you've always believed yourself to be!
Categories in common with Dead Island Retro Revenge: Action
16. Avernum 6
Avernum is one of the great tales of indie gaming, an epic series of fantasy role-playing adventurers set in an enormous, subterranean nation. Avernum is a land underground, a subterranean nation full of rogues, misfits, and brigands, struggling for survival and wealth in the monster-infested darkness. Avernum 6 is the final chapter in the Great Trials Trilogy, three games that tell the tale of your weary land’s final destiny.
Avernum 6 is the final game in the long-running, award-winning Avernum series. Explore a gigantic world, with a fascinating storyline, hundreds of quests, multitudes of side dungeons, and many hours of adventure. The game features clever enemies and dozens of interesting scripted encounters. Learn over 50 spells and battle disciplines. Hunt for hundreds of magical items or craft your own powerful artifacts.
17. WAY OF THE SAMURAI 4
The Way of the Samurai series is widely renowned for allowing players to make far-reaching decisions that can radically alter the course of the story and this, the fourth entry in this thrilling series and previously exclusive to the PS3, is no exception! Now all the sword wielding action, adventure and drama of the Way of the Samurai series comes to PC for the very first time, continuing the series’ blend of customization, exploration, action gameplay and quirky humour.
Way of the Samurai 4 takes place in the humble port town of Amihama during the mid 19th Century, several years after the arrival of the “black ships” from the West ended Japan’s long history of cultural isolation. Amihama’s downtown area has slowly been converted to a “Little Britain,” complete with European-styled buildings, occupied by an influx of adventurous foreign settlers. Not everyone welcomes these new residents though, and three distinct factions with opposing ideals begin to take shape.
You must take on the role of a master-less samurai looking to establish yourself in this conflicted land of opportunity and uncertainty. It is up to you to decide which faction to support in an almighty conflict amongst the region’s three powers, and so direct the course of Japan’s history.
Will you aid the shogunate pro-government in their attempts to keep the peace and establish cordial relations with the foreign contingent?
Will you help the nationalistic isolationists in their attempts to exile this potential threat to the Japanese way of life?
Or will you ally with the foreigners directed by the British Navy in their attempts to establish silk trade and foster cultural exchange?
Who will you support? Who will you betray? Become the ultimate bastion of virtue or the ultimate disgrace to humanity, and do it however you'd like. The choice is entirely your own...
Come join the denizens of this conflicted harbour and enjoy all the series staples you've come to expect from Way of the Samurai:
• Branching storylines with multiple endings
• Dynamic combat system
• Vast array of melee and gunpowder weaponry
• Extensive character customization
• Key event decision making
• Sword collecting
• Original Japanese voiceover with English subtitles
This PC conversion also features a number of improvements over the original, ensuring that PC gamers receive the best gaming experience possible:
• Improved user interface with both gamepad and keyboard support
• 8 stunning Steam Trading Cards to collect!
• Steam Achievements
• Cloud Saves
What the reviewers had to say about the PS3 version
“Ridiculously over-the-top Japanese historical setting combined with samurai badassery and an open-world, Choose Your Own Adventure–style interface.” - EGM
“I can recommend this game to anyone who is a diehard fan of samurais and enjoys a good combat system wrapped around a unique way of telling a story.” - Darkstation
“...a unique, rewarding experience that to date, can't be found anywhere else.” – Destructoid
single player & online multi-player awesomeness! Get ready for some crazy Cubemen action!
It’s the age old struggle between Good vs Bad, Blue vs Red, Little men vs Little men. Use your own
little Cubemen to defend your base from other little Cubemen that are trying to run it over. It’s the
usual story, but with many very interesting twists.
Play a purely defense game in various modes on a sweet selection of levels, or go into Skirmish
mode and play a new type of TD game against either the computer or another human opponent.
That’s right.. Two way REAL-TIME TD against the computer or a real person!
It’s TD like you’ve never seen or experienced before.Key Features:
- 35 local Single-player Defense levels in ranging difficulties from beginner to insane
- 25 local Real-time Multi-player Skirmish levels (play One v.s One against AI or another Human)
- 9 local Real-time Multi-player 6 way online Mayhem levels
- No static towers... Your towers are actually Cubemen. Place them and move them around at will.
- Real 3D environments with Height, Cross overs, bridges and floating platforms.
- 6 Single-player Defense modes to choose from with local and online leader boards
- Online Leader-boards and Statistic tracking
- 41 Achievements to earn
- Clean, rich and simplistic visuals that keep the focus on the strategy
Introducing the arcade shooter - Wrack! Combo your way to victory in this addictive single-player adventure. Slaughter countless enemies as you build up long kill chains, and wipe them out with powerful chain finishers. Plus, with Steam Workshop and extras like Time Attack, the action never has to end!Key Features
- Combos and Chains - Be a badass! Take monsters down by the dozen, and rack up addictive fighting game-style kill chains and kill combos!
- Finishers - Use your kill chains to unleash devastating chain finishers! Use them to wipe out groups of enemies, take down powerful enemies... or even bosses!
- Mega Man-style Bosses - Battle bosses (and minibosses!) inspired by games like Castlevania and Mega Man! Learn how to evade their attacks, and then take them down!
- Extra Modes - Compete against yourself, your friends, and the world in Wrack's Time Attack and Score Attack modes! Your best entries are saved to the Steam leaderboards.
- Steam Workshop - Create your own levels or fully-fledged mods! Share or play the creations of others using Steam Workshop.
- "It reminds me of first-person Mega Man." -- Keiji Inafune
- "One of those better than it has any right to be experiences." -- Jim Sterling
- "Wrack is great!" -- John Romero
- "I think they're developing a really nice game here." -- TotalBiscuit
20. Grandia II Anniversary Edition
15 years after the stunning Dreamcast debut of Ryudo and his epic adventure, Grandia II is back and better than ever! The classic Japanese RPG returns with enhanced visuals, new difficulty level, and features both keyboard and gamepad support!
Take the role of a hardened mercenary with a heart, and go on an epic adventure filled with magic, new friendships, and surprising storyline twists in search of a weapon once wielded by a deity. It’s the classic tale of a band of adventurers destined to save the world, but things are not always as they seem…
Grandia II is famous for its great characters, mature storytelling, memorable music and fantastic battle system, and there's no better way to experience one of the most beloved console RPGs of the 32-bit era than this special Anniversary Edition!
* Visual upgrades to textures, lighting, and shadows
* Original Japanese voice option
* Additional difficulty level
* Gamepad support
* Steam Trading Cards
* Steam Achievements
* Steam Cloud Save Support
* Selectable Video Options
* Remapable Keyboard & Gamepad Support
* 100 Save File Slots
* Dreamcast VMS Save File Support
Categories in common with Grandia II Anniversary Edition: Role Playing
21. Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe
- Nov. 2013 Update: new outfit, new level, new challenges and MORE!
- 9 playable characters, each with unique abilities
- 7 different worlds to explore
- Dozens of obstacles, hazards and enemies
- 20+ challenges to overcome
- Play single player or local head-to-head multi-player
- Amazing soundtrack
- Leaderboards support
- 30+ Steam achievements
22. Empire TV Tycoon
Empire TV Tycoon is a game in which you manage a TV channel and fight for audiences taking decisions that will project your channel to fame and fortune.You will decide the content of your channel, select advertisers, hire workers, make your own productions, hire actors, and engage in much more activities! It's inspired by games such as Mad TV, Mud TV, and other movie management games, with a modern approach on how to produce custom content such as movies or tv-shows.
Empire TV is a big corporation having serious losses, and It can't afford to maintain three channels, but only one, any longer. You have been hired to lead one of the channels to achieve fame and be the one that remains.
- Manage your channel and determine the best content for the current audience. Also, increase your fame and win the war between the three Empire TV channels.
- Each audience group has its likes and dislikes. Make them happy and your fame will increase; make them sad and your channel will sink into the TV deeps.
- Buy and sell movies or TV shows that suit your audience best. Also, you can select your favorite movies from about 1000 movies.
- Don't be tempted to use illegal content. While pirated movies are cheaper, the risk is high and police is always watching.
- If you can help the advertisers to reach your audience, you will win some money. But be careful: Sometimes, their requests and deadlines are hard to fulfill.
- Hire workers who will help you to execute different tasks, and each one with their own level and skill.
- Make your own productions, movies or tv-shows. Distribute your resources effectively for each available movie genre.
- Enjoy a personalized and randomized movie script for each production. Lots of combinations for each movie genre.
- Hire actors, knowing their own strengths and weakness, to act in your production. Do your best to keep them happy and utilize their skills efficiently.
- As the director, you will have to take prudent decisions during the production, and these decisions will affect the final quality of the production.Submit your productions to the industry awards in different categories. Try to be the best and win glory and fame.
- And discover many secrets and other surprises related to the film industry in the last 50 years.
Monstrum takes the traditional survival horror formula and remixes it completely with procedurally generated levels, permadeath, and AI driven predators, ensuring that nowhere on its derelict cargo ship is ever truly safe.
Offering up a challenge to even the hardiest of gamers, Monstrum will force you to use your wits and whatever tools you can find to outrun or outsmart your pursuer. Attempt to escape from an environment that is out to kill you while evading the lurking terror that could be around any corner. Can you survive Monstrum?
Three Unique Monsters
Face one of three monster types each play-through, each one with different behaviours and tactics. Can you work your way out of an ambush or escape a direct attack? And will the same actions work every time?
Prepare for a different gameplay environment each time you play as the ship's interior shifts shape with every run, changing the location of items along the way.
Discover different methods of escape and delve into the bowels of the ship to recover items you need to repair them.
Opportunities and Hazards
Use whatever you can find to try and outwit the monster. Hide in lockers or under furniture. Use distractions to attract the monster to you, or, perhaps more wisely, to where you've just been, but be careful not to run too fast lest you fall into one of the ships numerous traps along the way.
Death is death. Get killed in Monstrum and you'll be starting again. In a different ship, probably against a different monster. Good luck. Start running.
Categories in common with Monstrum: Indie
24. The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor
"Save the World from Magical Party Crashers"
Packing in a full-fledged story mode with a colorful cast of musically-empowered heroes and villains, The Metronomicon sees you take control a party of eight new masters of the “rhythmic combat arts” to wage musical warfare against a multitude of dance-mongering fiends. Control up to four concurrent heroes as they cast powerful spells, buff their teammates, and beat down their enemies with a variety of magical loot and groovin’ dance moves. The effectiveness of your team is all in the rhythm, so put on your dancing pants, light up dad’s disco ball, and prepare your body for The Metronomicon. Oh, and did I mention couch co-op? Because nothing's better than an armored dance partner.
"Power Up Your Dancing, Moves, and Gear"
Would you like a side of RPG to your rhythm game? Too bad, because you're getting TWO MAIN COURSES. Hunt for epic loot, unlock new stylin' dance spells, and recruit new heroes to join your party. Tank, heal, buff, and dish out the damage in real-time musical combat to conquer your foes.
"Check Out My Mixtape"
The Metronomicon features a fantastic, ear-blistering soundtrack featuring some of the hottest electronic, synthwave, chiptune and indie artists, including an exclusive track from Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, an unreleased track from Shiny Toy Guns, along with tracks from YACHT, Perturbator, J-Punch, Dj CUTMAN, and many, many more. We're also always adding new music, so the party never ends!
"Play Until Your Ears Turn Pointy"
Game modes you ask? We got: Story, Arena, Freeplay and Daily Challenges. But wait, there's more... But, you've gotta discover those yourself. "The Metronomicon features a fantastic, fully-licensed soundtrack featuring some of the hottest electronic, synthwave, chiptune and indie artists, including an exclusive track from Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, an unreleased track from Shiny Toy Guns, along with tracks from YACHT, Perturbator, J-Punch, Dj CUTMAN, and many, many more. As much a soundscape as it is a soundtrack, the music behind The Metronomicon is set to be every bit as varied and exciting as the gameplay itself.
25. The Original Strife: Veteran Edition
The Original Strife is back!
Hailed as the original FPS-RPG game that spawned countless imitators, Strife: Veteran Edition is a love letter to the classic from 1996.
New Features Include:
- Support for high resolutions, with proper aspect ratio.
- OpenGL for video backend to provide portability and support for vertical sync.
- Dynamic lighting and bloom
- Widescreen support.
- Ability to freely rebind all keyboard, mouse, and gamepad inputs.
- Steam Achievements
- Steam Trading Cards
Completion of missing and unfinished options in the original game, such as:
- The planned "Capture the Chalice” multi-player mode.
- Marking of current objectives on the auto-map.
- Special HUD for the Torpedo weapon
Immerse yourself in this all-consuming epic quest that for the first time combines riveting role-playing adventure with the spectacular Doom 3D engine! -An evil presence has implanted itself in the fabric of our world. Play the role of spy, assassin, warrior and thief as you are lured into the darkest and most perilous adventure of your life. You´ll have Blackbird on your side - a seductive underground agent that will provide you with clues as you encounter progressively more sinister foes. Be strong, and trust no one.
FULLY INTERACTIVE WORLD
The elaborate virtual environment offers 28 interconnected levels covering over 200 square miles. Explore medieval towns and industrial complexes filled with pitfalls and perils, ending in a final confrontation that will reveal the planet's darkest secrets.
AN AWESOME ARSENAL
From the silent but lethal crossbow to the breathtaking flame thrower, you'll toast, mince and vaporize your opponents in your search to control the ultimate weapon of mass destruction- the Sigil.
In your role as resistance fighter, you'll conspire with allies to demolish the fanatical ranks of the order from the inside out. Provides an engaging complex storyline and a multitude of dramatic voice-overs.
26. Lucius III
<h3>ABOUT</h3><strong>Lucius </strong> is back. This time he returns to his old neighborhood of Winter Hill. Through trials and tribulations we will finally see where the road takes him.<br/>It's a difficult one. For the first time, his choices come to question. <br/>Is it finally time to end it all?<h3>Features:</h3><ul><li>Experience an In-depth and carefully crafted story, which takes the player through a wide range of emotional experiences.<br/></li><li>Feel the full experience of playing the villain protagonist.<br/></li><li>Experience the atmospheric and detailed environments.<br/></li><li>Use powerful magical abilities to help your cause.<br/></li><li>Over 20 tracks of original music that compliments to the atmosphere of the game.<br/></li><li>Investigate the past and secrets of Winter Hill and its inhabitants</li></ul>
27. Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Disclaimer: If you own Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, you will NOT need to purchase Shovel Knight: King of Cards separately. This title is included with all versions of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Make way for Shovel Knight: King of Cards, the grandest adventure in the Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove saga! Step into the gilded boots of King Knight as you leap, Shoulder Bash, and twirl your way to a kingdom of your own in this regal prequel. Gather cards, take on challengers, and build a deck in the all-new card game, Joustus! Travel through strange worlds, gather new subjects, best the Joustus Judges, and become King of Cards! World-class platforming, exquisite visuals, a story with heart, action-packed stages, masterful music, glorious new bosses, and more await you in Shovel Knight: King of Cards.
- See how the royal saga begins! Encounter some familiar faces, meet some new ones, and learn how King Knight came to sit upon the throne at Pridemoor Keep in the most ridiculous Shovel Knight adventure yet!
- Smash enemies and obstacles head-on with your Shoulder Bash! King Knight’s showy play style is all about crashing, bouncing, and throwing his heft around.
- Take part in Joustus, a brand new collectible card game created specifically for King of Cards! Build a deck, search for over 120 unique cards, defeat challengers, and become the Champion of each House of Joustus.
- Collect tons of treasure, heirlooms, armors, abilities, and followers as you sail the skies in your quest for the Joustus Crown.
- Test your skills with new Feats and Challenge Stages featuring boss rematches, custom-created platforming challenges, and more.
- Enjoy Yacht Club Games’ finest visual presentation ever! The beautiful, 8-bit inspired style bridges the gap between yesterday and today.
- Another masterful soundtrack by Jake “Virt” Kaufman!
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers and an old embrace for experts.
- Take on a new challenge and multiply your wealth with New Game+!
28. Tactical Monsters Rumble Arena
Do you have what it takes to be #1 in the world? Enter the fun world of TACTICAL MULTIPLAYER ARENA!
Experience the rush of 3-5 minute strategy battles in the world of Tactical Monsters comprised of monsters from all corners of the world. Whether you are competitive in real life or virtual reality, this is the ultimate competition game for you!
Form the most monstrous team and conquer the real-time multiplayer gameplay. Outsmart and destroy your opponents by strategically positioning your monsters before battle and tactically controlling their actions in battle.
This is a turn-based, hex grid tactics gameplay with monsters from all time and space. From Franky the Frankenstein, to fantasy monsters like Medusa and Griffin, to culturally established creatures like WuKong and the Mummy, to monsters you’ve never seen before such as Frosty the bigfoot and Nobu the ghost samurai. Each monster have their own unique background and jobs. Each monsters have unique skills such as magic skills, physical skills, or even world-ending skills like the nuclear warhead from Dr. Walter’s Meca Machine.
This game has a variety of single player mode levels that allows you to train and upgrade your monsters. Once you are ready, you will then enter into real time PVP battles with players from around the world to fight for the #1 spot. Fight for your country and your clan by tactically being the best and smartest in the game. Unleash your monsters and let them rumble in the world’s biggest brawl!
Play with your friends in 1 on 1 virtual battles, form a clan to trade cards. Exchange tactical knowledge with players worldwide in the world chat and clan chat. Build your own clan defenses to fend off the enemy raiders and be the #1 clan in the world!
Tactical Monsters is strategy game that is completely free to download and play. However, some optional game items can also be purchased for real money. You can disable in-app purchases in your device’s settings. An internet connection is also required.
- Easy gameplay with no annoying hand-holding tutorials.
- Battle through Adventure Mode to recruit unique monsters.
- Upgrade the monsters to unlock ridiculous monstrous and destructive skills
- Endure through the Guerrilla Warfare Mode (Survival Mode) to defeat the never-ending BOSSES.
- Sharpen your tactics by visiting Training Grounds.
- Duel players in real time live PVP to take their thrones and claim the world treasure chest.
- Set your optimal defense formations and layouts. Be #1 defensively in the Defense Arena.
- Ally with your clan mates and be the #1 clan in your country by building maps and layouts together that are almost impossible for other clans to raid. Set obstacles, towers, traps to defend your kingdom.
- Form a clan to share cards and build your own battle community.
- Play and chat with players worldwide .
- Talk & strategize with your clan-mates in clan chat and world chat.
- Discover free items, rewards and monsters from daily check-ins and store bonuses.
- You might like this game if you like to like turn-based games, strategy games, hero growth and heroes collection games, RPG games, TRPG games, games similar to western chess, Chinese chess, war chess. This game is also similar to other turn-based hex grid or hexagonal games.
29. 8-Bit Commando
8-Bit Commando is a run and gun platformer with fast-paced action, a rocking soundtrack (from the chiptunes artist Ozzed), local multiplayer and explosions. The graphics will take you back to the classic age of gaming and the gameplay is bound to challenge even the most seasoned vets.
- 7 stages of intense action
- Local coop and versus mode
- Beautiful retro graphics
- Online hiscore
- Rocking chiptunes soundtrack
30. Dustoff Heli Rescue
"I need a Dustoff!" became an all-too-familiar call on the airwaves of jungle wars. Now take off with your rescue helicopter and search and save the life of the wounded soldiers in the field, often under fire. If you can't, nobody else can!
Find the stolen cargo with your Chinook helicopter and transport them safely to the nearby friendly base, all the while fighting off hostile tanks and other enemy combatants.
Save hostages being held in Prisoner of War camps. They are desperately waiting for the remarkable sound of the evac helicopters. You are their last hope so save them all!
Flying Dustoffs take courage on your part as a helicopter pilot, as ground fire is the rule rather than the exception. The rewards, however, are great.
- Up to 25 unique missions
- 3 rescue helicopters, each with different handling and transport characteristics
- 3 weapons with different capabilities
- Various missions like: cargo transportation, saving hostages and stopping enemy convoys
- Various daytime and weather conditions like stormy heavy rains and beautiful sunset over the jungles
- Numerous war scenes including jungles, swamps, hidden cave and mine systems and a lot more
- Real time shadows and lighting
- Epic action music and cinematic sound effects
- Dog tag collection
- Localization up to 10 languages like: English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Brazilian-Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Japanese
- Option to control your helicopters in Amateur and Pro mode
- Manual and automatic aiming
- Full game-pad support
100% kid and family safe game, no-one gets killed, enemy soldiers always run away.
31. Alien Carnage / Halloween Harry
Earth is on the verge of a takeover by aliens intent on turning humans into mindless slave zombies, who can be used in their conquest of the universe. Harry's called into action to Space Station Liberty and given orders to penetrate the alien ship which has burrowed itself under a high-rise city.
In addition to the flamethrower, Harry can use weapon dispensers, giving him access to weapons like the photon cannon, guided missiles, grenades, shields, micro nukes, and the very powerful Omega bomb. It's an arsenal that will have the aliens shakin' in their slimy shoes.Features
Kill in Color: Incredible VGA graphics and animation with 256 colors and over a dozen cinematic sequences.
Game Over, Man: Huge "boss" aliens in each of the four missions.
Page Turner: A compelling and sometimes-comical narrative prior to every mission.
Area 51: Many secrets and bonuses to discover - lots of replay value.
Save Your Game: Games saves, cheat mode, three skill levels and more.
Controller Support: Partial Xbox 360 Controller support.
Categories in common with Alien Carnage / Halloween Harry: Action
32. Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle / カプコン ベルトアクション コレクション
Relive the glory days of cooperative arcade games with the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle! This comprehensive collection includes seven classic games, each with various multiplayer options, online capabilities and detailed galleries!
Say goodbye to game overs! Adjust your difficulty settings or give yourself more lives to battle through each game in its entirety. You can also play the English or Japanese versions of each title!
Games included: Final Fight, Captain Commando, The King of Dragons, Knights of the Round and Warriors of Fate, as well as two games that were previously unavailable on consoles: Armored Warriors and Battle Circuit!
Grab some friends, stare down the bad guys and BEAT 'EM UP!
33. Stayin' Alive
https://youtu.be/xJjmWZjGLXMGet A Whole New Lease On Life!Do your best to die, or to save your enemies from death in this frantic multiplayer game about life and death.
Stayin' Alive is a game about four wheelchair-bound retirees who have decided it's high time to meet their maker, and four nurses who must keep the old geezers alive at all costs. Choose your side and let the dying/saving begin!It's Check Out Time!As a retiree, you will need to craft lethal weapons of self-destruction out of ordinary items and find a suitable place to commit suicide. But beware: nurses are looking for you and they're determined to save you from certain death.Life Is Precious!As a nurse, your job is keeping the old guys alive by finding the correct life-saving tool for any situation and using that on whoever is dying. Sedate the old-timers and conduct them into containment rooms to prevent suicide and instantly earn your score.
Any match lasts a few minutes and fast thinking is everything. Any time a retiree dies or is confined, points are assigned determining the winning party at the end of the match. Play in a small retirement house in South America or in a big hospital with up to 4 vs. 4 matches!
Will you take or save lives in the first ever FPSS (First Person Saver/Suicider)?
- Online Multiplayer matches for up to 8 players (4 vs. 4)
- Save your enemies as a nurse. How good are you at keeping others safe?
- Kill yourself as a retiree. How fast can you die?
- Craft your tools of death. Razors made out of toothbrushes. Auto-combustion kit made from Zippos. Creativity is the key.
- 6 ways to die. Each one with its corresponding life-saver tool. Die like you always wanted to IRL (!?).
- Sedate and confine retirees. No real senior citizens were harmed in the making of this game.
- Cooperation is the key. Help your friends die, or save everyone.
34. Helicopter Simulator 2014: Search and Rescue
Become an emergency pilot and test your skills to their limits, as you sit in the cockpit of an emergency helicopter, across more than 40 challenging missions. Choose from 8 models of 'copter, each varying in size, ability and specs.
Fighting forest fires, communication failures, and conducting perilous search and rescue missions are just the start... you'll face many more natural disasters throughout your missions.
2014 edition comes with brand new Sightseeing Mode Challenge, that will allow pilots to explore each island in search of beautiful, but sometimes hard to reach spots with ultra-light helicopter. And if that's not enough there are lots of achievements to unlock. Game engine was also upgraded with newer shader effects to achieve even more stunning visual quality.
- 10 different helicopters
- 45 various missions
- over 400km2 of terrain
- changing weather conditions
- well-balanced flight controls
- fully configurable controller support
- sightseeing mode in free play
- Steam achievements
Categories in common with Helicopter Simulator 2014: Search and Rescue: Simulation
35. Victory: The Age of Racing
Victory: The Age of Racing is a unique online racing game with spectacular car handling and user generated cars inspired by the different ages of racing. Victory offers a thrilling racing experience through multiplayer events, competitions and an addictive team career.
Victory: The Age of Racing is now FREE!
We’d like you to join the competition and prepare yourself for Racecraft the new Procedural Sandbox Racing Experience by Vae Victis Games.
Racecraft is 25% off this week for the Steam Summer Sale, so GET ON BOARD NOW!
*** WINDOWS 10 USERS *** please read this thread on our Technical Assistance forum if you get the error message “d3d9.dll is missing” trying to run Victory on Windows:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/264120/discussions/3/451851477889583591/ (accessible only to Victory owners).
You can be a ruthless driver by pushing your car beyond the limits, a talented designer by creating unique cars and a highly skilled technical director by improving your car settings tweaking it for maximum performances. Join the competition and race to win!
An Internet connection is required to play Victory: The Age of Racing.
Buy the Victory Deluxe Pack for exclusive contents!Victory Deluxe Pack
The Deluxe Pack gives you a handful of Gears Credits and three exclusive cars you can use on ordinary tracks and all events. This pack includes:
- 3 exclusive Special Deluxe Racing Cars (super fast 60PI cars: 1 Legend car, 1 Classic car and 1 Formula car)
- 15000 Gears Credits (you can speed up your multiplayer career or create several racing cars from scratch)
Victory is a fully featured multiplayer online racing game you can enjoy in multiple ways.
In Victory: The Age of Racing, cars can be USER GENERATED: players have an unprecedented degree of freedom in choosing car blocks, parts, colors, decals and shapes for their own customized car. We also created the block system, where you can switch different parts of your racing car until you have reached your favorite design.
You can control your car choosing between gamepad, keyboard and steering wheel.
- Keyboard controls with assisted steering
- Full gamepad compatibility with force feedback support
- Full steering wheel compatibility with force feedback support
- Mouse controls (move the mouse to steer, left/right click to throttle and brake)
We've also worked hard to create the best keyboard controls available on the market for a racing game. An integrated artificial intelligence helps you steering, braking and throttling, with a simulation of analog controls even when you're using the keyboard.
Victory is an arcade racer with realistic physics specifically tuned to give an unprecedented car handling and an addictive racing experience. We started with a top-notch car physics engine developed in collaboration with Stefano Casillo, the author of the acclaimed racing simulator, Assetto Corsa and then we added improved assisted driving systems, so you can experience the game as you wish, enabling or disabling driving aids whenever you like to.
PvP competitions with multiple game modes and multiplayer live events for inactive players.
Events, championships, daily races, different game modes. Everything is created in real time based on the status of connected players: a central server checks who is online and what he is doing, then creates live events which pop up on your main screen.
In Victory you can be active and choose what you want to do or just wait for the game to propose you new ways to race online and have fun.Game Modes
- Hotlap (single player mode)
- Hotlap Party (multiplayer hot lap mode, up to 100 players, usually lasts 1 hour)
- Hotlap Championship (multiplayer hot lap mode, can last for days, with online rankings in real time)
- Quick Race (multiplayer race)
- Handicap Race (multiplayer race, the winner gets an handicap for the following race)
- LAN mode supported: create a LAN Party and race with your friends!
- 3 different racing zones around the world
- 15 different racing tracks
Car attributes and setups, different engines, tires, accessories and more: this is your personal customized car!
Like in a role playing game, you have to spend Performance Points to reach the perfect combination for your driving style and racing conditions. You can have multiple cars in the game and customize them for different game modes or tracks!
Choose from different teams and start your racing career. Each of the three car classes in the game has a dedicated World Championship where different racing teams are looking for the best driver: are you ready to put the pedal to the metal and wear the colors of your team on the track?
Each team will offer you different racing cars and you will have to unlock multiplayer achievements to progress in the team career, unlock other new cars and reach the top of the rankings.
- Achievement system with rewards (money, widgets, driver titles) and over 300 different achievements to unlock
- Fully integrated website with real time rankings and statistics of almost everything in game: check your rankings, different stats, every single car created in the game can be shared and voted!
- Integrated Social Bar with race chat, race log, "last played with" panel, public chat, race invites, integrated friend system, online status settings and more!
- 7 different game cameras: choose your favorite one when playing
A simple family, like hundreds of others, arrive at a country house to celebrate the Christmas holidays. What could be better than to spend Christmas with family in a pleasant festive atmosphere and home comforts? But their plans become unexpected nightmares. Unfortunately, the son has behaved quite differently this year. Instead of being on Santa’s good list he finds himself on the naughty list. Instead of getting a visit by Santa he’s visited by Krampus.
Story: You play as a teenager, who along with his family went to a country house to celebrate Christmas. But in the festive night something went wrong.
- interesting Christmas story
- holiday and horror atmosphere
- interactive environments
- pressing sounds
37. The Quest
The Quest is a beautifully hand-drawn open world role playing game with old school grid-based movement and turn based combat.
In the kingdom of Monares trouble is brewing. The governor of Freymore is missing and the island is in tumult. The mages all prophesy a dark shadow looming over the safety of the kingdom. As an Agent of the king, it's your job to find out what is happening and avert any danger.
Choose from five customizable races and an array of skills, weapons, armor and enchantments, and explore a huge world of four cities and a wilderness of mountains, caves, lakes and forests – full of mystery, magic and intriguing challenges. Meet the many inhabitants, each with its own agenda and attitude towards your character. Some will be helpful, some greedy or lascivious or just plain mean. You will have many choices, including some that may place you against the law, along your way to the dramatic ending of your own choosing.
- Pursue a long and dramatic main story and solve many optional side quests.
- Create a highly customizable character and cast dazzling spells, enchant powerful items, concoct potent potions and persuade people to further your goals.
- Discover an open world with interesting locales, day/night cycle, weather, fascinating people, dangerous creatures, readable books, pick-able locks, repairable items, houses that can be broken into, dungeons, traps and much more.
- Play an absorbing card game with three different decks, accessible at the inns.
38. Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope
Disclaimer: If you own Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, you will NOT need to purchase Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope separately. This title is included with all versions of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
Shovel Knight is a sweeping, classic action-adventure game with awesome gameplay, memorable characters, and an 8-bit retro aesthetic. It's a hot mashup of new and old! You play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small warrior with a huge quest. Shovel Knight has come to this land with two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and quest for his lost beloved. He wields a Shovel Blade: a multipurpose weapon whose techniques have now been lost to the ages. Always honest and helpful, Shovel Knight is a shining example of the code of Shovelry: Slash Mercilessly and Dig Tirelessly!
But, between Shovel Knight and his beloved stands a cadre of villainous knights. These terrible foes, known as The Order of No Quarter, have been dispatched to prevent Shovel Knight from reaching the Enchantress, and will pursue their mission at any cost. If you love games with perfect platforming, beautiful art, infectious music, lovable bosses, humor and levity, and real heart… Shovel Knight is for you!
- Shovel Knight's beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit.
- The systems of today also give Shovel Knight modern touches: detailed animation, multilayered parallax backgrounds, and novel game design.
- Perfect your platforming skills as you take down each of the knights of the Order of No Quarter.
- Flip enemies! Leap over gaps! Duel with foes! Dig up treasure! Find Secrets! Upgrade! Shovel Knight is simple to learn and play, but challenge lies everywhere.
- Awesome soundtrack by Jake "Virt" Kaufman with additional songs by Manami Matsumae!
- Amass riches to upgrade your armor and weapons.
- Detailed, living background and animation! Big, beautiful pixels!
- Lovable characters and treacherous bosses!
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- A light touch to narrative with humor, levity, and heart.
- Overworld Map allows your quest unfold in a unique order!
- Relive the adventure and uncover all of the world's secrets with New Game+!
- Co-op! – Grab a friend and play through Shovel of Hope as a fully cooperative adventure!
- Challenge Mode - Up the ante in every imaginable way with dozens of full-featured challenges.
- Body Swap - Did you ever wish Shovel Knight was a lady, or Shield Knight was a guy? Well, now you can designate character genders however you like, with brand new designs for all of the main characters!
39. Among Us (itch)
Play with 4-10 player online or via local WiFi as you attempt to prepare your spaceship for departure, but beware as one or more random players among the Crew are Impostors bent on killing everyone!
Originally created as a party game, we recommend playing with friends at a LAN party or online using voice chat. Enjoy cross-platform play between Android, iOS and PC.
Win by completing tasks to prepare the ship or ejecting all Impostors.
React quickly to undo the Impostor's sabotages.
Check the Admin map and Security cameras to keep tabs on other Crewmates.
Report any dead bodies immediately to start discussion of who the suspected Impostor is.
Call emergency meetings to discuss suspicious behavior.
Vote to eject suspected Impostors.
Kill crewmates and frame bystanders.
Pretend to run tasks to blend in with the crewmates.
Sneak through the vents to quickly move about the ship.
Use sabotages to cause chaos and divide the crew.
Close doors to trap victims and kill in private.
Features Customization: Pick your color and hat.
Lots of game options: Add more impostors, more tasks, and so much more!
Quickly find a game online from the host list.
In-game text chat.
Rich discord integration.
Cross-platform play between PC, Android, and iOS!
Categories in common with Among Us (itch): Casual
40. Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe
Streets of Red was designed to be played over and over again, with each run offering up the potential for new content. Six unique playable characters and an ever-growing level selection work to keep the gameplay from getting old and rotten, while the easy to learn but hard to master combat system allows for plenty of depth.
With every kill, you earn cash that can be spent on upgrades, or to revive yourself when you die. You better learn how to make cash fast and spend it smart in Streets of Red because when you're dead, your save data dies with you. The chills, thrills, bills, and opportunity to learn new skills here won't stop until every street runs red with blood! Are you up for the challenge of an anti-lifetime?
41. Insanity's Blade
Take a father’s journey to hell in order to save the souls of his wife and child.
The ultimate old school trip to hell!!
The Chronicles of Thurstan is the first in a series of games based around the journey of a sword possessed by a father's powerful grief and hatred. This first game is the tale of the swords creation.
Rewarding game play features!
- A blend of action, platforming and RPG elements with a classic retro arcade style
- Battle through over 16 stages filled with unique enemies, environments and side quests
- Scale buildings and caves with Thurstan’s wall climbing and jumping ablilites
- Collect powerful weapons in your inventory and upgrade abilities at the store
- Play local co-op with your friends! The second player takes control of multiple supporting characters throughout the story!
- STORY mode filled with cutscenes, intros and outros between levels to tell the story of Insanity's Blade
- Play the streamlined ARCADE mode for non-stop carnage!
- Multiple difficulty levels to satisfy both the casual and hardcore cravings!
- Powerful OPTIONS menu including classic 4:3 or modern 16:9 screen resolution, custom control binding and 16bit or 8bit soundtracks!
- After beating the STORY mode revisit your save file for unlimited stage replay and completing missed sidequests!
Killer 8-bit and 16-bit soundtracks
A fully original soundtrack with 8-bit and 16-bit versions of each track!
What The Web Says
- TEAM2G.org "If you had any love for the old 2D combat-centric platformers, you definitely want to give this game a try.".
Full Review: http://team2g.org/insanitys-blade-two-dimensional-rage/
- IndieGames.com "one of my favorite action games from last year."
Full Review: http://indiegames.com/2015/05/new_arcade_mode_streamlines_in.html
- RPG.net "it understands retro style and mechanics so well while never letting itself be held back by them, I cannot not love it."
Full Review: http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/16/16417.phtml
- JoelCouture.com "a game that, for all of its intense storyline, concentrates on making sure the player is having a good time."
Full Review: http://www.joelcouture.com/?p=4095
- PixelPopuli.com "Pretty damn fun slice of retro inspired arcade action."
Full Review: http://pixelpopuli.com/insanitys-blade-review/
- TechRaptor.net "throwback to the classics of old, with gameplay good enough to keep a player engaged the entire way through."
Full Review: http://techraptor.net/content/insanitys-blade-review-when-berserk-meets-gargoyles-quest
- Cliqist.com "fun and easy to learn. After four hours, I'm 70% of the way through, and I definitely lost track of time."
Full Review: http://cliqist.com/2015/02/04/16bit-death-dismemberment-insanitys-blade/
- 336GameReviews.com "a hidden gem and worthy of any fan of the Action genre"
Full Review: http://www.336gamereviews.com/insanitys-blade-review/
Some Awesome YouTube Let's Players!
- Positron's Singleplayer full play-through series - Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y8kKij0ypo&list=PLwQX4pVd9LWnLSVxlxJ-2-FpMo2rtoGkY&index=1
- NoiselessMound's Co-Op play-through series - Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIA1ZaF_HJQ
- SpicyWaffle's Co-Op quick look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KOp9qsoKXI
- SlasherJPC's Singleplayer quick look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SeaA-5_uug
Adapted from the Insanity’s Blade graphic novel written by Chris Obritsch and as featured on the now-defunct WTFmag.ca
Note: This software is not compatible with video streaming or screen capture software. Decreased performance will be experienced.
*EmergeNYC at this state in Early Access*
Third Person Gameplay update is live!
In EmergeNYC's new major Third Person Update a bunch of new things have been added.
Choose one of many roles throughout each fire company and the main precinct in the city.
Customize your character's appearance & change to up to half a dozen different uniform options and over a dozen different firefighter and police officer models.
Hop in and out of your vehicle whether you're driving or just a passenger.
Even split driving Tiller Ladder 75 in Multiplayer
Third Person will seamlessly mix in with our current Multiplayer game play style, and you are able to spawn a character and customize them to your liking, all while it being extremely simple to leave your character, and switch back to driving other units on the map much easier.
EmergeNYC is currently in Pre-Alpha State Tech Demo. This tech demo will allow players to drive all of the vehicles that we have currently completed and will be updated with more vehicles and features every week. You may also have up to 32 of your friends join you online with our new Multiplayer feature. The tech demo also gives players the chance to experiment with some core mechanics of the game and report bugs or feedback to be fixed and modified in daily patches.
*Planned for full release*
In EmergeNYC players will be thrown into a large dynamic and open-world which is based on a fictional New York City. Players will be able to take the role of a single member of a unit and possess the ability to switch to other units and personnel, command fellow AI firefighters and police officers, or join an online session and work with up to 32 players to protect the city and keep it running.
EmergeNYC goes into depth when it comes to Emergency Simulation Games and aims to go where no other games in the genre have imagined.
When starting EmergeNYC, you will be able to pick between Single Player Free Play and Co-Operative Multiplayer Free Play. In Single Player mode, you will have the ability to mesh how you want to play. If you prefer to have more control over things, you can play in Dispatcher/IC Mode, dispatching units to emergencies, and commanding units from above in an RTS and Emergency 4 inspired fashion.
If you want to be more personal and interactive, Direct Control Mode is the way to go. When you switch to Direct Control, you will be able to take control of a single member of any unit whether it be an FDNY company, 2 NYPD Officers on a patrol, or EMS Partners awaiting a medical emergency. This mode functions as an advanced Third/First Person Simulation with a camera and character controller similar to Grand Theft Auto and other Open-World, Adventure, and Simulation games.
EmergeNYC features realistic driving mechanics which accurately recreate the handling of different fire apparatus, police vehicles, and ambulances. Players will have the ability to switch between 3rd Person and 1st Person Cockpit cameras as well as have full control over their vehicles, including lights and sirens. In EmergeNYC, we have managed to create an advanced and stunning lighting system allowing the player to switch between different lighting patterns in a variety of different light bars and lighting setups. We have also given players full control of the siren(s) of their vehicle with the ability to wind up and down manual sirens seamlessly, honk the airhorns and switch between automatic siren modes. Traffic and pedestrians respond differently with how you use your sirens and horns.
Third Person Gameplay update coming next week!
In EmergeNYC's new major Third Person Update a bunch of new things will be added.
Choose one of many roles throughout each fire company and the main precinct in the city.
Customize your character's appearance & change to up to half a dozen different uniform options and over a dozen different firefighter and police officer models.
Hop in and out of your vehicle whether you're driving or just a passenger.
Even split driving Tiller Ladder 75 in Multiplayer
Third Person will seamlessly mix in with our current Multiplayer gameplay style, and you are able to spawn a character and customize them to your liking, all while it being extremely simple to leave your character, and switch back to driving other units on the map much easier.
FireFighters will be able to equip almost 2 dozen different types of equipment and tools which aid in whatever situation is facing them. Force doors open with a halligan, an axe, or a hydraulic rabbit tool, its your choice. Cut open a roll down door blocking access to a fire with a K12 Saw, get up to a window, scaffolding, roof top, or fire escape with different sized extension la[/img]dders. Knock down fires with different sized hoses, each one more difficult to maneuver through buildings and aim than the other. As a fireman you will also be able to rescue people, perform basic medical procedures to stabilize a victim, extricate people from vehicles, and more. Gameplay as a firefighter is primarily 3rd Person, however when applying your SCBA Air Pack and Face Mask before entering a burning building, you will be forcefully put into First Person Mode. This is done to try and simulate the visibility, sounds, and what it is like to be inside of a fire.
Police Officers have much different but just as interactive and exciting gameplay. EmergeNYC aims to take the stereotypical police game out of the equation and focus more on what police officers in New York City face each day while also throwing the player into intense and risky situations. Lethal force is rarely necessary and this is a police game that tries to not glorify weapons, or constant shootings. In EmergeNYC, police officers will be negotiating with armed suspects, suicidal peeps, chasing down robbery suspects on foot, and if necessary as a last resort, using lethal force. However, gameplay as a police officer is not always like the movies. Players will still be performing traffic stops, writing tickets to double parked vehicles, directing traffic at emergency scenes, and performing crowd control.
As an EMT/Paramedic in EmergeNYC, you will be experiencing the most in depth treatment and medical procedure system in any game. Players will be able to perform real life treatments, administer medications, perform life saving techniques and monitor a patient's vital signs with the one goal of keeping them alive at an emergency scene and en-route to the hospital. From minor medical emergencies such as a diabetic suffering from hypoglycemia, to a catastrophic trauma like a civilian hit by a bus, or even pinned under a subway train. Gameplay will have the ability to be handicapped for players with no medical experience to have room for mistakes and learn basic medical procedures and treatments for different types of illnesses and injuries.
In EmergeNYC, players will be able to join up to 32 friends on private or open user created servers with customization settings. Players will be able to work together, ride together and handle emergencies together. With an Arma inspired server lobby, once a player joins a server, any open position in a fire company, police patrol, or ambulance is able to be filled by a player. One player will have the ability to play as the dispatcher with an RTS view of the city and notify which units to respond to emergencies when they arise. With an established rank system, players who have filled sergeant, lieutenant, captain, or chief positions will have a variety of commands available to give to AI or fellow players.
EmergeNYC is based in a fictional open-world recreation of Manhattan with an advanced traffic and pedestrian system.
When completed, this open world will contain dozens and dozens of buildings and areas to explore, ranging from stores, residential buildings, parking garages, high-rises with rooftops, subway stations and tunnels and interiors to house a wide variety of emergencies. It will also be beautifully detailed and features a dynamic weather/day & night system.
EmergeNYC does not only go into detail and give players many options on the scene of an emergency, but also when not responding to a call and when en route to an emergency. Players will be able to interact with different environments when not occupied. Firefighters will be spread out across 5 unique firehouses with full interiors and 3 Engine Companies, 3 Ladder Companies, A Squad Company, Rescue Company, and Battalion Chief ready to respond whenever and wherever needed. Police Officers will have a central fictional 14th precinct where players are able to choose and customize police vehicles, equipment, weapons, and their character. EMS workers will have a hospital emergency room to drop off patients, and resupply after a call.
43. Idle Heist
Welcome to the deep vaults within the world of Idle Heist.
Your goal is to take as much money from the vault before you are caught!
Hire and upgrade your crew in order to help you earn money faster. Utilise your crew's abilities for maximum earnings while online.
The concept is simple... Just Click!
Start by earning $1 per click and work your way up through upgrades and skills to potentially TRILLIONS and more dollars per click!
This is the perfect game to play when you don't want to pay 100% attention or want to do something else in the meantime.
- Unique Visuals
- A unique animated world to get lost in
- 25+ Different crew members to hire.
- Weapon and Vehicle Skins
Hire over 25 different crew members to aid you in your quest to beat the system and loot all of the money from the grand vault. Each crew member is unique and will provide a different amount of help depending on their level. Upgrade your crew members for maximum profits.
Your crew will continue the heist even while you are away! They will deposit what they have taken from the vault into your account whenever you return! The higher your crew's skills, the more you will earn while offline. Increase your offline multiplier by buying your crew members custom masks which will help them to be more undercover whilst you are away. This is the ultimate cover-up while you are away from the game!
44. Onion Force
All the kings are dead… except one...
Onion Force is a hybrid Tower Defense/Action Adventure game with 30 levels of butt-puckering mayhem! Use cunning and strategy to strengthen your team chosen from a diverse cast of characters, and hang on to your seat as you try to save the last king from his doom!
Make intelligent choices, collect gold, onions, and equipment. Build towers that will be most effective for the threat at hand. Decimate evil through an array of terrain, weather conditions, destructible environments and utter chaos to find the source of this nonsense.
- Stand-out cartoon graphics and stellar special effects & animation
- 3 playable heroes, each with their own unique abilities
- 6 fully fleshed out locations with 30 expansive levels
- Thousands of pieces of equipment to collect and equip
- 8 different towers types with 5 different power levels each
- Collectable onions to trade for a wide variety of power-ups
- Adjustable game speed.
Arevan is the latest 16-bit style RPG published by Aldorlea Games (Millennium, Asguaard, Moonchild etc.) on Steam and developed by Overcloud9.
Mysterious murders are taking place in various kingdoms. Solemaun, the king of Arevan, decides to start a covert investigation with other world rulers. By his order, Prince Maurean, his son, sets off on a journey to discover the identity of the murderer and any ulterior motives he may have. Travel with Maurean as he makes his way through challenging puzzles, gut-wrenching monsters, and intriguing side quests (Where is Harry Potter?).
Join him and his adventuresome companions as they explore pyramids, battle mummies, rescue underwater mermaids and many other exciting events. There will be many shocking revelations for our hero until he is forced to face…the most bitter truth. Best-selling Games by Aldorlea Available on Steam
- Girlfriend Rescue
- Vagrant Hearts
Zolg is a minimalist top-down shooter where you explore, fight enemies, collect powerups, and defeat bosses. Move and aim with WASD + mouse or you can use a controller. Controllers can be configured from the main menu. There are 5 powerup types to collect, 6 bosses to fight, and various other enemies and obstacles in your path. This game also has Steam trading cards and 40 achievements of varying difficulty to unlock.
Ride waves to success in a game that never sleeps! As this dinosaur, you must undergo the underdog's journey and overcome your rival the only way you can, by surfing. Surfasaurus is a community simulation video game, in which you live in a tropical island town as a lovable brown t-rex, carrying out various tasks and working towards being the 1st ever surfing dinosaur! The game simulates the game systems' internal clock and calendar to project a realistic passage of time. As the brown dinosaur, you'll interact with various people and see the town come to life throughout your playing. There's a lot to do and a lot to customize, a basement to fill with posters and dolls, trading cards to collect, surf boards to select, and special costumes to wear. You can participate in weekly events, such as shopping, trivia games, card trading and more. Follow us on facebook for clues to getting an exclusive costume!
• Simulates the game systems' internal clock and calendar to project a realistic passage of time.
• Participate in weekly events, such as shopping, trivia games, card trading and more.
• Undergo a true underdog story and overcome your rival.
• Detailed surfing system to impress judges for big scores.
48. Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs
As a new transfer student at Kurenai Academy in Shinjuku, you join a school magazine that turns out to be a front for a ghost hunting organization. Come face to face with the ghosts haunting Tokyo, learn why they linger in this world, and banish them!
With an expanded story, the new ‘Daybreak’ scenario, and an improved battle system, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters: Daybreak Special Gigs is the ultimate edition of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters!Features
- 13 episodes of ghostly mysteries – Choose carefully to make new friends to join you in battle against the creatures of the dark.
- Choose your own path – Decide how to proceed through the story with your actions.
- A modern, immersive ghost Story - Features a truly deep, immersive story with a modern take on Japanese ghost stories. With multiple paths, you’re in charge of how this ghost story will end.
- Gorgeous animated graphics - Fluid, painterly portraits of characters highlight the emotions and drama of every interaction.
- Strategy RPG-inspired battle system – Set traps and prepare before a fight in the battle map before joining the fight in first person.
- Expanded story – New story elements, expanded story lines, and new scenes bring the story of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters to life better than ever.
- New ‘Daybreak’ scenario – In addition to the existing scenarios, Daybreak Special Gigs features the new ‘Daybreak’ scenario.
- Improved combat – Perform more actions during ghost battles and get access to new traps! Receive recommendations during the mission briefing stage or take full control yourself.
49. Conduct DELUXE!
Conduct DELUXE! is an addictive game of explosive railway action that will challenge your inner conductor. Set in a stunning world, with incredibly simple controls you race against time to bring passengers safely to their destination by commanding trains, switching tracks and avoiding collisions in increasingly challenging action-puzzles.
As you progress through demanding levels your railroad network expands to the farthest regions of this mysterious and beautiful low poly world. Each region with its own style, music and distinct challenges. All aboard!
Get ready for a serious challenge as you manage your growing fleet of trains through ice, desert, tropical islands, big city metros and maybe even the moon. You'll need both dexterity and wit to solve puzzles that have been known to make grown men cry on YouTube.
Create your own railroad puzzles with the level editor and make grueling commuter challenges for your friends or community to play. Unlock more pieces of the editor as you progress through the campaign.
As you progress you unlock new trains and earn awards. Marvel at the growth of your HQ and drive historically correct trains like the French TGV and Japanese Shinkansen and a few... not so historically correct too! Beat every level, collect every train, explode all the things and become the ultimate conductor.Here's some rad things in this game
- Conduct trains in beautiful low-poly 3D worlds
- Simple and intuitive gameplay, just click to start/stop trains and control switches.
- Transport passengers, earn coins and unlock new themed regions
- Build your own worlds with the Level Editor!
- Unlock trains found in the real world, such as the French TGV and Japanese Shinkansen, to expand your train collection
- Seriously challenging puzzles in clever levels that will push you to the limit
- Earn awards for completing regions and marvel at your success in the company HQ
- Fantastic soundtrack by composer Simon Kölle
3 million players can't be wrongConduct DELUXE! is the reimagined desktop version of the highly popular mobile game Conduct THIS! But this is no ordinary port. Almost everything has been remade to bring the experience to new heights. Fresh new graphics, completely revamped controls and UI, new content and above all a – level editor! Make no mistake, this is the definitive version of the conductor experience.
Twinstick PlatformingYou play as Weldon, a robot of small stature but big heart. Weldon gets captured by an evil entity called ARC. Upon capture Weldon is cast to the mechanized core of an ancient planet. Stranded on this eerie and hostile world, Weldon must stage a heroic escape in order to survive!
- Rocket Jumping: Master the physics of rocket-jumping to traverse intricate 3D environments. Connect your rockets to add momentum in any direction. There's no speed limit, and No Jump Button!
- Seven Environments: Journey from the molten core of the planet all the way to outer space. Travel across seven vibrant worlds, through 65+ levels with epic backdrops, shifting camera angles, and unique play mechanics.
- Robo-Bosses: Face-off with seven epic boss battles for the ultimate test of your rocket-jumping skills.
- Leaderboards: Tinertia saves your best times and scores on global leaderboards. Compete with your friends for level times, or take on the best in the world for any game mode.
- Replay System: Every leaderboard score has a replay. Watch any run while changing the camera angle, zoom, or playback speed. Relive close calls and epic moments in slow-mo!
- Boss Rush Mode: Take on each boss in Weldon’s escape, with only one life, to earn a spot on the leaderboards.
- Speed Run Mode: Run a World from start to boss-battle to compete on the speed-run leaderboards.