The best games like RunGunJumpGun are:
- arrow_rightHotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
- arrow_rightSunset Overdrive
- arrow_rightRisk of Rain
- arrow_rightDungeon of the Endless
- arrow_rightOne Finger Death Punch
100 Best Games Like RunGunJumpGun:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (24)
- PlayStation 4 (37)
- iOS (32)
- Android (21)
- macOS (79)
- Linux (53)
- Nintendo Switch (36)
- Nintendo 3DS (15)
- Nintendo DS (2)
- Xbox 360 (14)
- PlayStation 3 (25)
- PlayStation 2 (3)
- PlayStation (8)
- PS Vita (10)
- PSP (4)
- Wii U (12)
- Wii (22)
- GameCube (1)
- Nintendo 64 (4)
- Game Boy Advance (9)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (9)
- SNES (13)
- NES (33)
- Classic Macintosh (4)
- Apple II (14)
- Commodore / Amiga (48)
- Atari 7800 (1)
- Atari 5200 (1)
- Atari 2600 (2)
- Atari 8-bit (7)
- Atari ST (27)
- Atari Lynx (2)
- Genesis (28)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (5)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- SEGA Master System (7)
- Dreamcast (1)
- 3DO (1)
- Game Gear (8)
- Neo Geo (1)
- Web (2)
Terraria is a 2D action adventure sandbox game, where players create a character and gather resources in order to gradually craft stronger weapons and armor. Players create randomly generated maps that contain different locations within it, and by gathering specific resources and triggering special events, players will fight one of the many in-game bosses. Created characters can be played on different maps.
The game introduces hundreds of unique items that can be found across the entirety of the map, some of which may not even be encountered.
Terraria have many different Biomes and areas with distinct visuals, containing resources and enemies unique to this biome. After gathering materials, players can craft furniture, and build settlements and houses, since after completing events or finding specific items NPCs will start to arrive, and will require player’s protection. Terraria can be played on three difficulties and has a large modding community.
Broforce is a parody run-and-gun game made in a 2D side-scrolling manner. Players are offered to take control of a Bro – one of the soldiers of the special Broforce unit. Actually, players are going to assume roles of several protagonists (all are Bros) while completing game levels. The main idea is to make a parody of fictional movie heroes of the 80s - 90s. During the levels Bros fight against terrorists in the setting of games of the 80s to rescue other Bros. The gameplay features special combat mechanics: each Bro has two different attacks (first is constant and endless, while the second requires recharging) and a melee weapon to climb the obstacles. However, enemies can be also defeated by using distracting maneuvers. Bros also have special abilities like parkour skill or explosion resistance. The level can be completed only if another Bro is rescued, terrorists with their boss are eliminated, and the American flag is set on the enemies’ base. After each mission, the location explodes and Bros fly away by helicopter.
3. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong number is a sequel to Hotline Miami.
- There is a Cold war between the Soviet Union and the USA, which gradually turns into a hot war. In Hawaii, there are military operations. In the centre of the event, the squad "Ghost Wolves", which includes Dan Smith named "Beard", Jacket (the main character of the first part), and two soldiers. The United States, for this moment, are losing. The squad was ordered to capture the most dangerous Soviet zone.
As for the gameplay, a lot of details are borrowed from the first part, but unlike it, in the Wrong Number, there were levels of difficulty (classic and hard). The difficulty level unlocks after beating the game on classic difficulty. The difference is that all the levels are turned over, and contain more dangerous opponents.
The game has 13 playable characters. Each of them has their vision of the story, like Jacket and Biker in the original game. Masks from the first part appeared in the game again, and new masks that are giving new abilities were also added.
4. Sunset Overdrive
2027, the metropolis of Sun City.
The city is full of creatures, savage, aggressive and insane - these creatures were just ordinary townspeople a short while ago, but they abused the energy drink produced by Fizzco, in which something was wrong with the recipe. In general, loyal consumers mutated into monsters and now nothing can be done with them, only to kill everyone.
The protagonist (by the way, who worked at Fizzco) is not constrained by any laws of physics, can move around the city in any direction, run on walls and wires, jump like a kangaroo and so on. This is not parkour, it's just complete freedom of movement. He also has a "guidance system" that shows him the way.
In addition to the hero, several groups and singles of varying degrees of eccentricity are fighting monsters in the city. Monsters also do not belong to the same type. Monsters are many, they are very different and extremely unusual - there are, for example, creatures fused with water cannons or a bucket from an excavator. The hero's weapon is even more diverse than the monsters. Various weapons rush vinyl records, throw bowling balls, shoot teddy bears with pieces of TNT in their paws and this is not the whole list.
The game has about fifty amps to move the hero and defeat the monsters.
5. Risk of Rain
Risk of Rain is an action platformer roguelite developed by Hopoo Games and published by Chucklefish in 2013. Hopoo Games was at the time composed of only two students from the University of Washington : game designer Paul Morse and artist and programmer Duncan Drummond.
The player is a survivor of the crash of the UES Contact Light transport space ship onto an unknown planet and must fight the hostile residents to find their way back. Over the course of a run, the player will gain experience levels and find a multitude of items to improve their abilities and eventually become immensely powerful. However, difficulty constantly increases with time and death is permanent. Through various achievements, they can unlock new items that will appear in future runs as well as 12 different playable characters. They can also learn more about the lore of the game through collectible logs regarding monsters and items.
While lesser known, Risk of Rain was one of the games that contributed to the launch of the roguelite trend between 2010 and 2015. It is notable for its unique gameplay mechanics such as item stacking and looping, its gratifying endgame, its approach to storytelling, its art direction and its soundtrack composed by Chris Christodoulou.
6. Dungeon of the Endless
Dungeon of the Endless is a tower defense game and the third in the series which includes Endless Space and Endless Legend. The game plot is about a prison spaceship which escape pod had crashed in the alien planet. The player controls survivors from that ship, who have to escape the multi-layered structure in the strange planet by taking an energy crystal through several floors filled with angry creatures. There are randomly generated levels in the game in which the player has not only to explore but also to collect resources in order to enable power to various rooms and turrets to divert attention of enemies in order to move the crystal from the starting point of the level into the elevator to the next floor.
In each level of the game the player has to choose two characters who are different in their stats such as health, attack, defense power and movement speed. The player has the option to either control one of two selected characters separately or in tandem.
7. One Finger Death Punch
This is a game in which the player has to withstand the waves of enemies on the right and left, using only the right and left mouse buttons. When pressed, the protagonist performs punches in the kung-fu style. The game has three levels of difficulty: Student, Master, and Grandmaster. The choice depends on how many enemies will attack the player, the duration of each round and the number of hit points in the main character has.
The story campaign consists of different levels, on which the player can use different types of weapons, which seriously change the gameplay. For example, when using Light Sword and Nunchaku, the enemies have only one hit point, but the duration of the round and the speed of their movement are increased. The game also features boss battles. This is a battle with a stronger monster, to win a player needs to execute a special key combination. The abilities of the main character can be improved with the help of upgrades, and there are a total of 21 of them. There are more than 250 stages and 13 game modes in the game.
The game belongs to the genre of Arkanoid. It has all the classic features of games of this genre and several significant innovations and differences. The platform in this game has the ability to attract or repel all objects that are "in the air". This property is controlled by the player. In addition to the platform, other objects have similar properties, but they can not be controlled by the player.
After several levels, the platform changes its horizontal position to a vertical one - and there are many similar changes in the game, it constantly surprises the player.
Bosses, which the player meets at the end of each level, are carefully and ingeniously designed. They are able to successfully resist the player armed with the above ability to influence the "magnetic field" of the platform. To defeat each of them, the player will have to find some special tactics for each boss.
Resist or Embrace
Sundered is a horrifying fight for survival and sanity, a hand-drawn epic from the creators of Jotun. It is a replayable metroidvania where you resist or embrace ancient eldritch powers. You play Eshe, a wanderer in a ruined world, trapped in ever-changing caverns filled with hordes of terrifying enemies. Harness the power of corrupted relics to defeat gigantic bosses, at the cost of your humanity. Resist or embrace.Key Features
Beautiful hand-drawn art and animation
Terrifyingly epic boss fights
Unique abilities that may be powerfully corrupted… at a cost
Hundreds of upgrades and multiple character builds
Dynamic encounters against hordes of enemies
A mix of hand-crafted & procedural levels
Multiple endings and over 15 hours of gameplay
Delve into a procedurally generated dungeon at the heart of a beautiful hand-drawn world. Classic Metroidvania elements such as backtracking, secrets and unlocking new abilities that open new regions are at the core of the exploration experience.
Confront hordes of dynamically spawned eldritch monsters. Put your skills and reflexes to the test through furious melee combat and epic boss fights against uniquely designed enemies. All monster spawns are dynamic, constantly keeping you on your toes.
Designed as a challenging adventure for seasoned gamers, frequent deaths are part of the Sundered experience. But taking our inspiration from our favorite rogue-like games, death in Sundered is only the beginning.
When you die, you respawn in the Hub, where you level up and customize your character. Equip and upgrade a host of unique Perks, stats and special Abilities hidden throughout the world.
Waveform is a simple puzzle game in which the player controls the length and amplitude of a wave. The game is inspired by the particle physics and the wave-particle duality.
Waveform is set to the background of space, filled with stars and nebulas. Occasionally, a familiar planet such as Earth will appear in the background, indicating that we are traveling through the Solar system. The game is accompanied by the electronic ambient music score.
The wave of light under player's control has a shape of a sinus curve. It serves as a route for a particle that flies forward through space. On its way, it will encounter other photons of varying colors that the player has to collect to set a higher score.
The game has around 100 levels of varying difficulty. The player will encounter a number of level features that increase the complexity of the game as he or she progresses. The dark matter is an obstacle to avoid. Mirrors reflect the particle, making it bounce back on its way. Some obstacles may even eliminate the particle.
The player controls the wave with his or her mouse. Moving the mouse left or right changes the wavelength, while up and down movements influence the amplitude. The player has to adjust the wave to navigate the particle along the route. Increasing the amplitude will also speed up the particle as it moves up and down on the screen. Meanwhile, its horizontal speed stays the same, in full accordance with the Theory of relativity.
ICEY is a 2D side-scrolling action game. As you follow the narrator's omnipresent voice, you will see through ICEY's eyes and learn the truth about her world.
“Alright, you caught me! This ISN'T really just a simple 2D action game, and you WON'T be seeing through ICEY's eyes... NOR will you learn the truth about her world." says the narrator.
“ICEY is a Meta game in disguise. The narrator will constantly urge you in one direction, but you must ask, "Why? Why am I following his directions? Why can't I learn the truth about this world and ICEY's purpose here?" Fight against his tyranny, and uncover what's really going on for yourself!
In fact, you can become ICEY, and let loose the shackles of your own identity. You are ICEY, and ICEY is you... if you want it that way. Feel free to keep hold of your own self, if you wish.
Now Is the Time For You to Discover the Truth.
You See? ICEY, I See!
Crush enemies in the palm of your hand.
Attack! Dodge! Counterattack! Do not hesitate.
This is the only way to survive!
With simple controls, amazing combos are easy to unleash, even for beginners.
Every skill is special in its own way. Master your favorites and create your own fighting style!
Massive Cyborg Bosses:
Can you withstand the onslaught of attacks from terrifying cyborg bosses?
Every boss unleashes flurries of different attacks. It's up to you to find their weak spots and tear them apart!
-Nominated, Tokyo Game Show 2016 DENGEKI PlayStation Best Indie Game
-Official Selection, 2016 Gamescom Indie Arena Booth
-Most Promising Game 2nd Prize, Taipei Game Show 2016
-Official Selection, Casual Connect Asia 2016
-Official Selection, IGF China 2015
-Best Technology Award, Indieplay 2015
12. The Adventures of Shuggy
The Adventures of Shuggy is a 2D platformer game with a heavy emphasis on puzzle solving.
Plot and setting
The player controls Shuggy, a vampire that inherits a mansion in Scottland from his grandmother. However, Shuggy finds out that the mansion is filled with hostile creatures so now he must vanish them from every room in the mansion. The levels are divided into five areas of the mansion: The Dungeon, The Boiler Room, The Gallery, The Graveyard and The Clocktower.
The game consists of more than 100 levels. The goal of each level is to collect every gem in the room to get a key that unlocks the next one.
Player's movements consist of walking and jumping. However, most levels incorporate unique mechanics that alter the playstyle and give Shuggy special abilities. Some rooms change the gravity; some give the player the ability to fly, swing on ropes. Some rooms incorporate blocks-based puzzles, teleportation spots, allow Shuggy to change his size and many more. Most levels are comparatively small and consist of one screen.
The game also offers a multiplayer mode. It can both be played online or locally. There are 36 level available for multiplayer and two modes: cooperative, where players have to work together to complete the level, and competitive, where players complete levels to earn squares on tic-tac-toe playfield.
13. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
Disclaimer: If you own Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, you will NOT need to purchase Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment separately. This title is included with all versions of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is the action-packed prequel to Shovel Knight! Take control of Specter Knight, servant to the Enchantress, in a quest to recruit a cadre of knights and create the Order of No Quarter. With his scythe and preternatural agility at the ready, he can glide across the ground, clamber up walls, and command an arsenal of curious weapons.
If he carries out his duties, Specter Knight may have a chance at regaining his lost humanity and breaking his chains of servitude. But what cruel tricks might the Enchantress have up her sleeve?Features:
- Climb walls, leap over gaps, and dispatch enemies with the Dash Slash. Specter Knight’s playstyle brings motion and action to the forefront!
- Collect and upgrade curios to unleash all new special attacks.
- Test your scythe skills with Feats and Challenge Stages featuring boss rematches, platforming challenges, and more!
- Yacht Club Games' beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit.
- A somber tale told with a light touch to narrative with humor, levity, and heart.
- Awesome soundtrack by Jake "Virt" Kaufman!
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- Lovable characters and bosses!
- Take on a new challenge and uncover all of the world's secrets with New Game+!
"UBERMOSH is an arcade game about cutting bullets with a sword, in a gun-filled cyberpunk mosh pit."
Like a pinball table or a coin-op arcade machine, UBERMOSH was made to give you a shot of adrenaline in a couple of minutes. Each time you play a new level is generated for you to beat your score in 90 seconds.
15. One Way Heroics
In One Way Heroics, you take on the role of an intrepid adventurer who must travel across the land and face the Demon Lord before a mysterious shadow engulfs everything.
Darkness always approaches from the left, and with each movement or action you take, the void creeps ever closer. Forced to run right, you'll encounter any number of monsters, allies, thieves and shops on your desperate journey to stop the end of everything.
The good news is that you don't just have access to one world. You have access to all of them.
- A nearly infinite number of worlds to save and explore!
- Multiple classes to unlock, each with different skills and advantages.
- Dimensional Vault: Don't waste extra valuables! Lock away your inventory and save it for your next run!
- Time control: when the going gets tough, the tough freeze time and work out a new strategy.
- Steam goodies: trading cards, emoticons and wallpapers that proudly broadcast your OWH finesse!
Every world is different and unique. Lust forests or corrupted hellscapes, adorable animals or cunning thieves, each departure is a roll of the die. You might find likeminded heroes willing to journey with you, or you might meet no one and be forced to venture into the unknown alone.
Like a dimension you previously visited? Simply input the name at the Dimensional selection screen before you begin your journey. Want to try your luck with a random reality? Type any word that pops into your head, and watch as One Way Heroics builds you a world based on the name you chose.
Infinite permutations. Infinite worlds. Infinite adventure.
*This game supports Cloud Saves for most system data including clear data and unlockables, however mid-game saves do not carry over.
Explore, craft, and survive in this Multiplayer RPG Platformer with permanent death! Featuring many Rogue-like elements, Magicite randomly generates each underground dungeon for you and your friends to delve deep into. Chop trees, mine ores, and hunt beasts in order to collect the resources and materials you need to survive the harsh and unforgiving environment. With a ton of character traits, stats, companions, and classes, players will have a different experience each play through! Be prepared to die... A LOT.
Magicite's main influences were Monster Hunter and Spelunky. I loved the resource collection and crafting in Monster Hunter, and of course fighting giant monsters with my friends. Spelunky's brutal yet rewarding platforming was also something that I wanted to capture with Magicite.
- Randomly Generated Dungeons - Experience a new dungeon each time you play. Expect tons of trees to chop, ores to mine, plants to harvest, and bugs to catch! Oh and giant monsters.
- Permanent Death - The game logs all of your stats in a play through, leading the way for achievements and upgrades.
- Crafting System - Combine any two items to create a new one! For example, Wood + Wood = Plank. There are tons of combinations to discover!
- Combat System - If you plan on just running in and swinging you sword, you're gonna get wrecked. Take time to craft useful items and examine enemy positioning before executing a well timed attack.
- Unlockable Races, Hats, & Companions - The more you play, more greater chance you'll unlock awesome new hats with a variety of special effects. Races and Companions can also be unlocked to provide different starting items and stats!
- Multiplayer - Want to put your friendships to the test? This is the game to do it! Permanent death only occurs when the ENTIRE party has fallen. So if your buddy gets knocked out feel free to run over and help him back up. Or not...
You may end up being your own worst enemy if you’re careless!
Every decision you make is critical as the world does not wait for you.
- Struggle against your own bodily urges, such as thirst, hunger, exhaustion, and more!
- Beware of injuries, including bone fractures and blood loss!
- Scavenge or perform research to obtain medical supplies!
- Manage your oxygen and thermal levels while exploring!
- Fight the horrors of Mars with melee and ranged weapons!
- Customize your ranged weapons using modular parts!
- Struggle against the persistence of time! Race against the spread of the infection!
- Enemies will evolve over time from cocoons to monstrosities!
- Defend your generator against invasions!
- Collect and scavenge junk and creature parts to break down into components!
- Produce armor, guns, grenades and upgrades using 3D printers!
- Craft performance enhancers, survival gear, and more with the Bio Combiner!
- Harvest plants and ores using the biosphere and mine. Refine them to create materials!
- Research items to create more powerful versions! Create your own lightsaber or power armor!
- Explore randomly generated sub-levels and hand-crafted locations!
- Experience non-linear storytelling through logs and story sequences!
- Wander freely through Mars colony! Explore districts as you wish!
- Restore the colony’s habitat by repairing temperature and oxygen generators!
- Find clues to the infection! Escape the nightmare!
There is free demo version of Subterrain! If you would like to see how the game plays, please try it!
By 2050, humanity has finally colonized Mars thanks to the efforts of one man, Jeff Murray. To avoid Mars’ high radiation levels and inhospitable temperature changes, he built a city underground. This city was named Mars MPO. Free of the constraints that often plagued businesses and researchers on Earth, scientists and entrepreneurs flocked to MPO.
Recently, Dr. Albert West has migrated to MPO at the personal invitation of Mr. Murray. West has been working on a cure for Alzheimer's disease in a race to save his wife, Jennifer, from dementia. His efforts are cut short; a lab accident leads to an accusation of murder and a prompt prison sentence.
We join Dr. West a little over a year into his prison sentence. It’s been a week since the guards mysteriously vanished. Dr. West is about to find out why.
18. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
Avoid the spawning enemies, and shoot them down for points. You can also fire smart bombs, which destroy all bad guys on the screen. Save these up for when the going gets really tough!
The more bad guys you kill, the higher your score multiplier goes (2x, 4x, etc.). The higher your multiplier, the more you can score. But don't die, as you lose your multiplier and have to build it up again from scratch!
Addictive "just one more go" gameplay, with mesmerizing graphics.
Pixel perfect recreation of the Xbox Live Arcade game.
Support for keyboard, mouse, and dual-stick gamepad play.
Categories in common with Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved: Casual
19. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Several years after the end of the Second War, multiple branches of the Librarium reputed to command a force as powerful as an entire nation’s army were suddenly and utterly destroyed. Inexplicably, the hidden cauldrons within each branch were also completely decimated. The few survivors spoke in hushed, shaken tones of a single man who had
appeared out of nowhere, cutting down all in his path.
Main Game Features
Expanded Character Roster: In addition to the downloadable characters offered for the previous entry in the series (Makoto, Valkenhyn, and Platinum the Trinity), EXTEND introduces Relius Clover, the mad puppeteer and Carl's father, as a playable character. Master a whole new way of fighting with Relius as he uses his marionette, Ignis, to turn the tide of battle.
Enhanced Story Mode: Relive and rediscover the events that took place in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger or venture forth into one of four all new story scenarios!
New and Revised Game Modes: Take on the strongest of foes in Unlimited Mars Mode or fight your way to the bottom of Abyss Mode!
Fully Revised Combat System: All characters, new and old, have been thoroughly rebalanced and armed with all new strategies and combos to take your game to the top!
Improved Online Multiplayer: Battle it out in BlazBlue’s acclaimed online mode with all new multiplayer features, such as online team battles!
20. Dungeon Souls
Dungeon Souls is an action-adventure roguelike dungeon crawler.
Each level is completely procedurally generated so every playthrough is guaranteed to have unique environments and encounters. Search for and activate all the marks placed in each level to unlock the dungeon portal and escape from the Redeemer. Scavenge various items and upgrades to counter the dungeon's dark forces and challenging bosses. You must survive. Hurry.
Dungeon Souls was inspired by Nuclear Throne, Risk of Rain, Overture, BitVenture and Shoot First.
- Harness the powerful abilities of 10 unique characters
- Explore a plethora of different environments including dark dungeons, sewers and cathedrals
- Immerse yourself with deep character progression and permanent skill upgrades
- Experiment with 50+ unique passive items - Speed boosts, damage buffs, lifesteal bonuses...
- Battle hordes of dynamic enemies and challenging bosses hell-bent on destroying you
21. Blaster Master Zero
Mutant scum never learn! Blaster Master Zero makes its Steam debut!
Blaster Master Zero is a 8-bit style top-down & sideview 2D action-adventure game that hearkens back to the golden age of the NES.
This game was created using the original 1988 title "Blaster Master" from Sunsoft as a base, with the addition of new areas and bosses, new gameplay elements such as extra sub-weapons, improved gameplay, a more robust scenario, refined and expanded exploration mechanics, and more.
・On the sideview maps, take control of the battle tank SOPHIA III and explore your surroundings as you search for the entrance to the dungeon where the area's boss lurks.
・Once you find a dungeon entrance, exit SOPHIA III and make your way inside as the hero Jason and take on the mutants that dwell within in top-down mode.
・Defeat the mid-bosses and area bosses to acquire new items, sub-weapons, upgrades to SOPHIA III and Jason's equipment, and new abilities and maneuvers that allow SOPHIA III to access new areas.
・Player 2 can provide support for Player 1 as they traverse through the game in the co-op multiplayer mode.
Categories in common with Blaster Master Zero: Action
22. Hate Plus
Let's spend the next three real-time days together uncovering the mystery of what went horribly wrong on a derelict generation ship, with the help of a spunky/more-than-slightly-traumatized AI sidekick!
A sequel to Analogue: A Hate Story that tells a whole new hate story of its own. Analogue players can pick up where their finished save files left off, and new players can start fresh in Hate Plus.
A dark visual novel about transhumanism, cosplay, cake-baking, and the slow patriarchal erosion of freedoms taken for granted.The story so far...I can't believe it! My mission was supposed to be routine data recovery on an old derelict generation ship, but instead, I ended up rescuing an adorable AI girl who grew up in a tremendously patriarchal Neo-Confucian society? And now she's discovered a bunch of messages left by the mysterious Old *Mute... and wants me to uncover with her the slow enactment of a regressive political program that caused her society to regress to Joseon Dynasty social mores?!
I wasn't expecting this at all! I thought the three day trip back to Earth would be peaceful and lonely and not at all filled with reading about tragedy!
And so began my hateful days...
Categories in common with Hate Plus: Indie
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness.
Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell
24. Azure Striker Gunvolt
Azure Striker Gunvolt is a 2D action game featuring the talents of star creator Keiji Inafune as the Executive Producer and Action Supervisor.
With the “septimal” power to create and manipulate lightning, Gunvolt faces off against the massive conglomerate known as the Sumeragi Group. Intense battles
unfold against Sumeragi's ultra-powerful adepts (those who possess septimal powers) as Gunvolt fights to keep his nation free.Speedrun ModeThis new mode gives speedrunners around the world the chance to compete for the best time,
with pre-determined settings put in place by the Gunvolt team to maximize efficiency for this challenging new mode.
Future updates which will new add features and settings are already planned,
so stayed tuned for information about that in the near future.Lightning-Based ActionUse your trusty sidearm to tag enemies, then let loose a burst of electricity for massive damage. You can even tag multiple enemies and zap them all simultaneously.
Your lightning abilities are not just for defeating enemies, though. Use them to perform various maneuvers such as hovering across hazardous terrain.Do Battle With a Variety of BossesSumeragi's most powerful members, with a wide range of personalities, await you at the end of your missions.
Battles get heated as bosses unleash their most powerful skills and techniques.Those for Whom the Muse Sings Shall Turn the Tides of BattleEven Gunvolt falls in battle sometimes. When this happens, there is a chance that Lumen,
aka The Muse, will revive you and grant you a massive power boost. Furthermore,
if you manage to amass at least 1000 Kudos during a stage,
the BGM will change and Lumen will sing one of her songs for you for as long as you maintain those Kudos.
Your Kudos will reset upon taking damage, so keep that no-damage run going for as long as you can!Japanese Voice ModeIn this long-awaited mode, players will be able to play the original Japanese version of the game,
which includes ample mid-stage dialogue, all fully voiced in Japanese with English text.
The entire script has been re-translated to coincide with the dialogue of the Japanese version of the game.
To play the game in Japanese Voice Mode, select it from the Language Settings before starting the game.
25. Super Mutant Alien Assault
Three fleets of spaceships flee a doomed Earth carrying the last humans in cryostasis. Pursued by aliens, it’s up to the lowly security droids to save humanity. Taking up arms solo or with a friend, you must dance with death in a brutal and addictive arcade platformer shooter inspired by Super Crate Box and stuffed to the brim with unlockables.
Fight through rapid fire single screen levels each with a random combination of platform layout, objective, vending machines and enemies. Dodge and weave amongst the aliens to stay alive but don’t leave them standing too long or the ship’s radiation will mutate them into bigger, nastier versions.
Only by unlocking and mastering the wild variety of weapons, explosives, special abilities, defense moves and perks can you hope to survive across all three galaxies, rid your ship of the mutant menace and save the oblivious humans.Features
- rapid fire levels give you no rest as hordes of enemies arrive, hell-bent on your destruction. Clear the objective quickly and be sure to kill each enemy before it has the chance to mutate into a bigger, nastier version of itself. Take a tiny breather and then it’s on to the next room.
- in the tight confines of the space freighter, standing still is not an option. Your ability to dodge around enemies is as important as your aim. Survival requires quick thinking and rapid reflexes and a true master of the dance is a beautiful thing to behold.
- each single screen level is randomised, drawing on a pool of platform layouts, objective types and enemies as well as which vending machines will be present. You’ll never know which weapons or grenades will spawn in the vending machines whilst crate drops containing special abilities, sidearms, perks and defense moves are also random, adding further to the mind-boggling possible combinations.
- a wealth of weapons, sidearms, special abilities, perks, explosives, defense moves and character skins awaits you. Each new unlockable joins the melting pot of random ingredients, increasing your options but also the need to master each individual element and the way they combine with each other.
- take on the mutant hordes by yourself or team up in local co-op. Two player adds further complications to master as you must be careful to avoid friendly fire from explosives and will have to share/fight over item and health pack drops.
26. Castle In The Darkness
One dark and gloomy night, the kingdom of Alexandria is attacked by an evil sorcerer and his army of darkness! Despite their best efforts to protect their king and their princess, the royal guard falls, one-by-one, to the forces of evil. One knight, unconscious but still alive, awakens on the throne room floor to find that the princess is nowhere to be seen! What's more, the entire city had been overrun by monsters! With sword in hand, he embarks on a death-defying mission to find his princess and to restore peace to the kingdom!
- A game by Matt Kap, the lead artist behind The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
- A large world heavily inspired by the golden era of video games
- Level up your knight with wildly different abilities
- An arsenal of over 100 weapons, armor, items and magic to collect and use!
- Over 50 bosses to find and slay
- More than 100 different enemies
- Fast-paced chiptune soundtrack
Castle In The Darkness is a fun and challenging shout out to the early days of video games! It's an action exploration platformer with some RPG elements, much like games from the Castlevania or Metroid series. It's super fast-paced, challenging, and full of secrets!
And through the Kickstarter gauntlet we have arrived. Yes, we have a procedurally-generated universe to explore. Yes, we have eye-gogglingly gorgeous vector-based gameplay coupled with particle effects so effortlessly effervescent that you won't have time to wonder if "effortlessly effervescent" means anything coherent. And yes, we have noises and musical moods that take a warm soapy sponge to your brain and massage it into cerebral splendor.
BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT!!!
You're too busy crafting the perfect vessel, a spaceship pristine and precise and, perhaps, powerful, agile, and envy-inducing. Your shapes and colors will induce both fear and wonder into the electronic hearts of whatever insectoid, angley, squarish, plantlike race of alien ships that you come across in your digital safari.
And then you grow. And it changes everything. Now your left wing must become your right wing in a lopsided arrangement of fancy new weaponry and mega-buffed shields. You recall thinking when you last were destroyed (and you will be destroyed), that you really needed to buff up that armor. Right? Definitely.
And then you grow again. And again. And now you're a battleship capable of producing your own fleet, and each member of your fleet can spawn it's own fleet, and you need it. Your enemies are constantly changing shapes, sizes, and intensities as ships created and honed through the experience of a thousand battles find their way from their creator's computer to yours, leaping into your universe with all the mercy in the world of NONE AT ALL.
It's time to visit the electronic tide pool.Reassembly
- Gorgeous Vector-Based Graphics
- Procedurally Generated Universes
- Ridiculously User-Friendly Spaceship Designer
- A Beautiful and Haunting Soundtrack by Peter Brown (Peaks)
- More Particle Effects Than You can Shake a Stick At
- Very Smart and Reactive AI
- Physics that Give Weight to Your Creations
- Asynchronous Multiplayer: Universes Populated by Fellow Players
28. Ara Fell
"Long, long ago, the elven sorcerers cast a spell to save the floating world of Ara Fell from destruction. Instead, they doomed it to fall from the sky. By chance, the fate of the world has been placed in the hands of a young woman. Join her as she and her friends endeavor against all odds to save their homeland, all while the clock ticks ever nearer the final hour..."
Ara Fell combines the best parts of Japanese-style roleplaying games with the best parts of western RPGs, as well as including elements of visual novels and adventure games to create a truly unique experience. Atmosphere, emotion and surprise lie at the forefront of Ara Fell's story, driven by deep and accessible characters, each with his or her own past, their own desires and their own motivations for joining Lita's quest. Relive the golden age of the RPG with a game that both pays homage to the past greats, as well as blazing its own trail.
- EXPLORATION - Ara Fell is a world meant to be explored! Jump, crawl, swim and even fly through the air to solve puzzles and discover new locations filled with hidden treasure, secrets and adventure! Every corner of Ara Fell is designed with exploration in mind.
- OPEN WORLD - Most of the world can be explored from the moment you leave Aloria Village, the heroine's home town... provided, of course, you're strong enough. A clever explorer may be able unlock secrets and discover powerful equipment early in the game if he or she commits to taking advantage of the open nature of the game world.
- TACTICAL COMBAT - Ara Fell may be a story-heavy game, but the world is still fraught with danger. Choose specialized equipment and statistics, customizing each character to best suit your play style, and to best thwart each boss battle's unique mechanics.
- CHARACTER DRIVEN - When you join Ara Fell's unwitting heroine on her quest to save her homeland, you'll discover a world filled with vibrant characters who laugh, cry, crack jokes, lose their tempers, and even their will to go on as the size and scope of the curse that plagues Ara Fell becomes apparent. Friends and villains alike are not who they seem as the stakes grow ever higher...
29. Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls
Part human, part oni, golem and harpy! The list goes on and on! Born in a lab, Chelshia the chimera is the world's first synthetic monster girl. When her monster inhabited island home is threatened by a band of looting pirates, she springs into action to save the day!
Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls is your premiere monster girl beat-em-up platformer experience! Use Suits & Sandals' patented (not actually patented) GIANT STONE FIST technology to punch your way through hordes of monster-pirates to reclaim your home's stolen treasure.
Find upgrades, collect collectables and solve problems with your fists! Play the game at your own pace in story mode or go for the best time in a marathon-style race mode!
- 24 built-in achievements offer praise for completing tasks.
- Race mode lets you compete for the best time against the community!
- Xinput and direct input compatibility makes sure all your USB controllers work!
30. Good Robot
Everything was fine - until one day, the robots went bananas and killed all humans. To avert a public relations and stock market nightmare, PyroCorp rests its final hope on you - the only remaining Good Robot.DO✓ Erase all evidence that suggests PyroCorp caused human extinction
✓ Terminate all bad robots, for they are the incriminating evidence
✓ Support PyroCorp by purchasing the latest in robot destruction technology
✓ Save yourself from killer robots by making sure your killer robot is betterDON'T✗ Question what you’re told
✗ Listen to what the virus has to say
✗ Talk to the robots
✗ Romance the robots
Are you a Good Robot? Let me put it this way:
Do bad robots come with a 14-day money back guarantee*?
31. Mini Ghost
"Mini Ghost" is a mini metroidvania where the mini hero has to... well, reading can be rather boring, right? I'll best show you the introduction of the game with a mini comic:
MINI FEATURES- MSX look and feel
- 100 mini rooms + 4 mini bosses + 24 mini items to collect or buy in mini shops
- Mini comics included
- Around 2 mini hours of gameplay
- Mini price!
- Prequel of Ghost 1.0
- Done by the mini creator of UnepicTROLL YOUR FRIENDSSteam friends are playing MiniGhost? Troll them!
You can watch them while they play, and you can shoot them stuff, make their enemies bolder, or place fake platforms.
There is no better way to laugh!MINI EDITORS
Besides, the game includes three editors:
- Level editor: create your own maps and share them on Steam Workshop
- Character editor: create your own characters and share them on Steam Workshop
- Tileset editor: give a new look to your map creating your own designs
The game also includes a leaderboard for speedrunners
32. Black Future '88
Black Future ’88 is a Synth-Punk roguelike 2D action Shooter. Vertically climb an always evolving procedural tower to reach the top and kill its insane owner…before your heart explodes. Shoot, slash, dash and upgrade yourself to survive the endless waves of deadly traps, homicidal AI, crazed junkies and colossal Wardens standing in your way in a stylish alternative version of 1988.
The world is reeling from a nuclear cataclysm, created by Duncan, the tower architect. The First of his bombs fell in the summer of 1988, and by December they had blacked-out the sun with endless rain. We decided to stop keeping time after this, and it’s been 1988 ever since. Everything that lived through the initial attack will die in the extreme floods that followed. These are the times after, where there are no more months, or even weeks…everything is measured in minutes left to live.
Take on the mantle of one of the last remaining misfit survivors, and fight your way to the top of the tower to kill the architect and stop the endless nuclear rain. Ascend to die, and die to survive.Game Features
- Death Ascendant: Climb an always evolving procedural tower and fight for survival through a constant onslaught of death by fire, lasers, and slashes.
- Unique Synth-Punk World: Play through a unique take on a retro cyberpunk dystopia, and fight to survive through 5 distinct zones each with their own challenges.
- Pick Your Poison: Play as one of 5 playable characters, each with their own unique buffs- and weaknesses.
- Ruin Friendships: Test your wits and reflexes with a friend in couch co-op, and experience a completely unique take on the co-op roguelike.
- Kill the Wardens: Fight for survival by challenging the numerous unique bosses that guard each one of the game’s zones.
- Fog Machines and Laser Beams: Bring a gun and laser sword to a fire fight by arming yourself with a selection of the 50 unique weapons available in the game, each with their own unique effects.
- Evolve to Survive: The only way to survive when everything, including your own heart, is trying to kill you is to carefully boost or curse yourself by strategically choosing- and combining from 30 distinct buffs and curses.
- Dailies: Every day, a new challenge is generated with unique attributes that will test your mettle and allow you to see how your skills compare against other players in a global Leaderboard. Fight for not just survival, but supremacy!
- Ear Candy: Death never sounded so good thanks to an all killer original analog-synth soundtrack performed by Tremor Low.
33. Take Thy Throne
Take Thy Throne is an online sidescrolling tower defense game.
Currently we allow up to 6 players per match to enter a variety of gamemodes, with more gamemodes coming after release as free DLC.
The main gamemode consists of taking down towers and barricades to make your way towards the enemy team's King which lies in the Throne room of the enemy's castle. You can pick up to 4 classes currently to play with, with more being added after the game's release.
You can use a variety of strategies to make your way towards the enemy Castle such as taking different routes, collecting gold and buying different items suitable for your class, or crafting buildables to help maintain your strongholds and barricades to ensure the enemy stays out of your Castle. The game is over once someone's King has been slain, and thus the Throne has been taken.
The game currently includes 3 gamemodes: Take Thy Throne, Capture The Flag, and Dragon Slayer, the latter being a single player/co-op mode. We're adding more gamemodes such as Deathmatch and a Village mode which consists of riding a Dragon and scorching down a Village, and more.
We currently support the Steam network, allowing you to easily host matches without port forwarding and to also join matches through both an in-game browser and through your Steam friends list. Right now the game is fully compatible with Windows Operating Systems, but we're working to put it on Linux as well, and quite possibly Mac in the future. We also would like to release another version of the game to support mobile devices at some point in the future.
34. Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils
From the creator of the Gundemonium Collection comes a thrilling new 2D action-platformer!
Help Bunny escape the Devils’ Labyrinth and defeat the 7 Devils in this hilariously over-the-top action-platformer game. Battle through a large, connected map filled with unique enemies, traps, and puzzles. Use magical items like the Sylph Shooter and the Hyper Heels to power up and defeat the 7 Devils. Manipulate the fabric of time to solve puzzles and survive. Will Bunny be rid of those new ears she so despises? Only with your assistance can she brave this dangerous maze...
- Beautiful hand-drawn 2D graphics
- Over-the-top comical style with a charming storyline
- Play through 7 dangerous areas and battle 7 powerful Devils
- 2 versions: Choose between the original graphics or new remixed sprites
- Acquire magical items, new abilities and manipulate time to solve puzzles
- A new arranged soundtrack by Woofle (Gundemonium Collection), alongside the original
- Full arranged soundtrack in high-quality MP3 format for listening outside of the game
- Japanese language support now available!
35. Remnants of Naezith
Feel the acceleration in this fast-paced grappling hook platformer, Remnants of Naezith.
It focuses on having freedom of movement, solid character control and not having any speed limitations. The fun of swinging with grappling hooks and the amazing feel of acceleration makes a great combination in this game.
You play as Kayra, a human who shares his body with the soul of the ancient thunder dragon, Naezith! With the powers granted to him by the dragon, Kayra will destroy the Remnants of Naezith, enchanted fragments of the dragon's body, to prevent anyone from exploiting their power for evil.
- LEVEL SELECTION
Proceed through four chapters with 20 branching levels in each.
- SECRET LEVELS
Find the hidden remnants to unlock secret levels.
Watch top player replays and improve your skills to ascend.
- GLOBAL RANKINGS
Get a badge depending on your overall performance and compete worldwide.
Race against other people's best times or your own.
- SPEEDRUN MODE
Try going through the entire game or a specific chapter as fast as possible.
- CUSTOM LEVELS
Explore the countless levels made by the community and design your own.
Gems & Sockets just added!Read more in the official roadmap!StoryWhat happens in a world where the last evil lies dead, the last quest is completed, and the last chest has been opened?
In this world, the long-dead Heroes of Old are forever remembered and honoured through a great magical device. This device, known only as the Chronicon, is capable of opening a portal into the memories – the very souls – of the Heroes of Old. Each year, a handful men and women are given the great honour to re-live the old tales.
And this year, you have been chosen…
Note: Trailer footage and screenshots are of high level characters with decent equipment. Expect a slower pace at first.Game Features
- The first 3 full acts to play through, with 2 additional acts coming soon
- 4 unique classes: The Templar, Berserker, Warden, and Warlock
- Procedurally generated dungeons and areas – each playthrough is different
- Local co-op up to 4 players (same machine, requires 1 Xbox 360 controller per additional player)
- Over 600 items with randomized enchants & qualities, and powerful set items!
- Over 900 skills and abilities to learn and improve
- Infinite character progression
- Basic crafting - Enchant and gem your equipment to its maximum potential!
- Full Xbox 360 controller support (optional)
- 2 Additional acts
- Hardcore mode
- More items
- More quests
- More everything!
37. Double Cross
Developed by 13AM Games, the studio behind award-winning Runbow, Double Cross is an exciting action adventure game that has players take on the role of Zahra, an agent of R.I.F.T. (Regulators of Interdimensional Frontiers and Technology) whose job it is to maintain peace and order between all dimensions. A recent attack on R.I.F.T. headquarters thrusts players into a thrilling new case where they must use their R.I.F.T. developed gear to sling, swing, fight and investigate across distinct dimensions. During their travels players will gather clues to bring themselves one step closer to finding the identity of R.I.F.T.’s attacker and save every variation of the universe.
• Players can custom tailor their play style by collecting Upgradium and using it to level up and unlock RIFT agent gear.
• An adventure-game style gameplay and upgrade system that allows players to choose how and in what order they play levels
• A unique “Proton Slinger” mechanic that allows diversity of movement throughout levels and the ability to grab and throw objects and enemies
• Varied and upgradeable attacks and combos
• An intricate story engages players as they solve an interdimensional mystery with a diverse cast of interdimensional characters
• Slick 2D HD art that draws upon traditional gaming and anime style
38. Wooden Sen'SeY
Wooden Sen'SeY is an action-platformer, set in a unique "Japan Steam Rock" universe filled with humour.
You follow Goro, a village chief, as he seeks revenge through a variety of levels. He will defeat his enemies using his axes to slice, dice, squash and grapple!
Wooden Sen'SeY seeks to offer players a unique gaming experience, inspired by old school gameplay mechanisms, while incorporating contemporary technology and beautiful 3D graphics.Wooden Sen'SeY features
- Exotic worlds and beautiful 3D graphics.
- Hardcore old school gameplay!
- Awesome music and crazy voice actor.
- A unique environment style for each level.
- Several ways to follow the path of the Sensei: dive in or play with finesse!
- "Dev-Time" challenge: beat the developers' time.
- A brand new Time Attack mode with 30 “hair tearing” levels!
- Supports USB controller and Leap Motion
Upper Byte, the French indie studio behind Wooden Sen'SeY, is a tiny team with only two members: Cédric, the creative force, and Camille, the insane coder. Their ultimate goal is world domination. But for now, nice polished games, with hardcore old school gameplay and pretty graphics is enough!
Oops, enough talking...
Let's Play Wooden Sen'SeY!
39. Armored Kitten
Armored Kitten is a shooting action game. This game will take you through series of classic levels, various enemies and boss battles with amazing experience of side scrolling platformer games. Use various weapons filled with slug and power ups to fight your way through living dead, enraged zombies, mutants and other hellish creatures coming from the breached Abyss of hell!
Get your Combat Armor and Double Barrel Shotgun ready to blow up all enemies, kill them all in this amazing side scroll shooter game. Armored Kitten’s unique art style and humor makes the best and totally insane twin stick shooter seen so far on mobile!
Single Player Massacre lies thru unique destructible environments such as the Mars Surface, the Bio Labs, and the Hydroponic Garden. Tons of unlockable content, including dozens of Weapons, Armor Sets, Combat skills, and Upgrades.
• Cute and deadly Kitten as main character!
• Rich customisation options,
• Slay monsters with over 20 weapons.
• Collect Loot to buy Upgrades, Guns and Armor!
• Unique cartoon style with stylish animation
• Awesome Music and Sound FX
• Powerups like Quad Damage, Bonus Weapons and more
• Procedural generated levels!
• Full translation into English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Russian.
40. La-Mulana 2
La-Mulana 2 features sprawling ancient ruins, mind-boggling mysteries, untold numbers of items, and terrible enemies combining to form what is possibly the perfect Metroidvania-style "archaeological ruin exploration action game".
In La-Mulana 2, you take on the role of Lumisa Kosugi - daughter of the previous title’s hero - as she explores the ancient ruins of La-Mulana, said to be the cradle of human civilization. Desperate to find the cause of the numerous recent appearances of monsters from the ruins, Lumisa heads to the "other" La-Mulana: the ruins known as Eg-Lana.
Explore the vast ruins comprising multiple field maps, solve mysteries and riddles using the stone tablets and messages you discover along the way, and take out huge monsters known as "Guardians" as you make your way to the deepest depths of the ruins.
You won’t believe the awesome mystery of Eg-Lana awaiting you at the end of your journey...
La-Mulana was known as a "Metroidvania"-style game (a 2D action platformer with an emphasis on non-linear exploration). That said, the real core of the game is in deciphering the riddles scattered throughout the game, and solving the puzzles that exist as part of the ruins.
A classic experience: As with its predecessor, La-Mulana 2 will not feature a tutorial or a long-winded sidekick. As a seasoned explorer, it's up to you to discover the secrets hidden within the ruins and find the truth on your own.
Explore at your own pace: By deciphering cryptic text on the monuments scattered throughout the ruins, you will gradually unravel the mystery of the ruins. Which parts of the sprawling underground you tackle, and in what order, is up to you. Sometimes you will need to use changes in backgrounds, mysterious sounds, the strength of enemies, or the sneakiness of traps to detect subtle changes in your surroundings.
A colossal adventure: We have designed a variety of zones, and have created a mystery deep enough to encompass a gigantic cave system. This is a very large-scale indie title. We predict newcomers to the series will probably be able to clear the game in 20 to 30 hours. Because of the non-linear nature of Eg-Lana, La-Mulana 2 will have plenty of replayability.
New horrors, new weapons: Plenty of ferocious and terrifying monsters and guardians stand in your way in the depths of this new underground network. Fortunately, you will also have an arsenal of tools and weapons at your disposal to help you on your journey.
Widescreen support: The first La-Mulana was a remake of a retro-style game that ran in a 4:3 aspect ratio, which made widescreen support impossible. For La-Mulana 2, the various maps and rooms are designed to be 16:9-compatible, making it perfect for widescreen TVs and monitors.
The question we’ve asked ourselves throughout development is: "How can we make an old-school 2D game take advantage of advancements in present-day technology?"
- Become an adventurer and explore sprawling ancient ruins
- Gather hints to solve the various mysteries of the ruins
- Dive into the action as you fight off tough enemies seeking to impede your progress
- A detailed and beautifully dot-rendered world
- Seven main weapons and over ten sub-weapons
- Over 60 items of various types to help you explore the ruins
- Over 20 apps to install on your trusty adventurer’s tablet, the "Mobile Super X3"
- Includes reference book with over 200 monsters and other characters in the game
Lumisa Kosugi(21 years old; fourth-generation Japanese; the game's protagonist)
Some say she is Lemeza's wife's daughter from a previous marriage, while others believe she's Professor Shawn's illegitimate child. Either way, she is a Kosugi; that much is clear. She travels to La-Mulana to make her archaeological debut after accepting Xelpud's request to search the ruins.Lemeza Kosugi(36 years old; the previous game's protagonist)
Tales of his exploits in the ruins of La-Mulana may be known worldwide, but he was also responsible for the ruins' destruction, and has gone into hiding as a result. His love of exploration has not faded, however, and he still finds time to go spelunking in secret.Shawn Kosugi(67 years old)
After revealing the "Treasure of All Life" he brought back from the ruins of La-Mulana, he returned to a hermetic life once more. Although he technically retired after finishing his research on the "Cradle of All Civilization", he finds himself slowly drawn back into the world of archaeology.Elder Xelpud(Age unknown)
Upon the collapse of the La-Mulana ruins, his life as a 7th Child came to an end. He's been spending his time running the "La-Mulana Ruins Tourist Spot" in hopes of finding purpose in life once again. As a result, he's become quite wealthy, and now lives a life of luxury full of beautiful women and fast cars.Mulbruk(3024 years old; looks/hopes to look about 24)
Since her release from the ruins, Mulbruk has been happily living aboveground, pretending to be a "normal" young woman. Using her amazing knowledge of history, she has become a treasure hunter. She's also become quite fashionable.
41. A Lenda do Herói
Plataformas voadoras, inimigos coloridos, armas mágicas e física inexplicável. Isso tudo com uma música de fundo que acompanha a saga de um cavaleiro. Eis um breve resumo do que poderá ser encontrado em A Lenda do Herói - O Jogo, que homenageia vários clássicos das eras 8 e 16 bits, como The Legend of Zelda e Wonder Boy in Monster Land, e ao mesmo tempo tira sarro de diversos clichês encontrados no mundo dos games.
Um dos diferenciais do projeto é sua trilha sonora dinâmica e bem-humorada que narra os feitos do jogador e responde a seus comandos, tornando-se um elemento-chave para a progressão da história. Tudo isso será complementado com puzzles, itens especiais, batalhas épicas e tudo que um bom jogo de videogame precisa ter.
42. Fate Tectonics
Build up a world piece-by-piece using the power of the god-like Fates, while keeping them happy enough to avoid world-shattering temper tantrums!
Fate Tectonics is a world-building puzzle game featuring a handcrafted pixel art style and a 16-bit symphonic soundtrack. Carefully place terrain tiles, piecing together the world in a way that will appease a growing number of god-like beings called Fates. One wrong move could mean angering the Fates, resulting in a chain reaction of destruction and chaos. Unlock the powers of the Fates to build a stronger and increasingly beautiful world and face off with final Fates for the ultimate world-crumbling finale.Features
- Easy to pick up and play casually, but also offers deep challenge for more strategic players.
- Handcrafted in-game pixel art, a soundtrack of symphony & steam by composer Robby Duguay, and Twitter-shareable worlds!
- The powerful Book of Fate keeps track of your progress and chronicles your adventures!
- Two game modes—test your world-building skills in timed cycles of creation and destruction under Ragnarosa and Fortuna's vigilant watch, or take your time and build up a world as large as you can at your own pace, under the calming influence of Serenity.
- Accessibility options cater to gamers with motor skill, cognitive and vision impairments.
- Multiple control schemes, remappable keys and input options
Design and colour palette are resistant to 3 types of colour blindness
- Advanced options for cursor speed, font size, game speed and more
- Separate volume controls for music and sound effects
- Full-screen and windowed modes
- All menus and screens have a half-second cooldown between inputs
- In-game hints and guidance for new players
- Assistive tile auto-rotate feature that learns your preferences
- Comprehensive save system featuring overview of progress, multiple save states per save file, and thumbnails for each save state for a quick visual reference of progress
“Last night, I decided to play Fate Tectonics [official site] for five minutes, just to get an idea about how its world-building puzzles worked. It was a long five minutes. Around an hour and a half, all told. (…) It’s rather good.”—ADAM SMITH, Rock Paper Shotgun
“The combination of strategy and puzzle solving is certainly unique and makes for a very addictive gameplay experience.”—GAMERAMBLE
“(The game) allows players to derive meaningful satisfaction from creating expansive worlds one piece at a time. It’s almost meditative during the early going. Then it starts to get a bit tricky.” - CHAD SAPIEHA, Post Arcade (Financial Post)
“I personally found that it brought back a sort of childlike joy that came from building things with blocks or legos as a kid, then destroying it all in a cathartic burst of destructive control.”— ALEXX APLIN, Mod Vive.
“My main piece of advice is be willing to fail. It has some of the best game over gameplay since Sim City of old.”—CHRISTOPHER DEMELO, The Snarge.
“The strategic spin on a world-building game gives Fate Tectonics an added challenge many people won’t expect.” — CONOR BAILEY, The Spew.
"If you play only one real-time polytheistic tile-placement world-building strategy puzzle game, make it this one!"—RAIGAN BURNS Metanet Software (N++)
"Has all the joys of creating with all the pains of having it crumble away around you."—JAMIE TUCKER, Asteroid Base (Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime)
"Fate Tectonics is a beguiling game; it lures us in with the cathartic pleasure of clicking together puzzle pieces. The satisfaction in snapping the precise piece into the perfect place is matched only by games like Carcassonne. That is until you realize that you are actually playing a precarious game of house of cards with three angry toddlers stomping about."—JOHN Z. LINDVAY BigSushi.FM
Fate Tectonics is a proud GDC 2015 alumni of the Indie Megabooth.
The frantic old-school action of classic coin-op shoot-‘em-ups comes crashing headlong into the 21st century with Kromaia, exclusively for PC. Explosive high-octane blasting combines with hordes of enemies in a 360˚ environment, allowing you to fly, spin and shoot anywhere and everywhere!
Where most shooters see you racing along a fixed path to blast anything in your way, Kromaia does things differently. Set in three-dimensional space, you’re free not just to explore but also dodge and blast through hordes of enemies all intent on destroying you! With your objectives spread out in all directions, it’s a true test of high-speed flying and sharpshooting skill – only the greatest space pilots need apply!
- True 360˚ Action – Kromaia sends classic coin-op shooting action hurtling into a new dimension, allowing players to explore huge 3D worlds full of things to blow up!
- Harder, Stronger, Faster – The better you do, the tougher things get; adaptive AI adjusts to your abilities, ensuring you’ll always face a true challenge!
- The Bigger They Are… – Survive through all your objectives and you’ll have a bigger challenge ahead: gigantic bosses that need to be destroyed before they destroy you!
- Take Your Pick – Four unique craft, each with their own style of weaponry, let you experience the action of Kromaia in your own way. Rapid-fire guns, homing shots, powerful blasts or melee strikes… it’s totally up to you!
44. Dance Magic
What if dancing could save the world? In Dance Magic, it can.
What if scientists invented a brand new form of biological energy able to convert dancing moves to real power? Then the fate of the whole human race would depend on the most skilled dancer’s will.
Do not let this energy be used for destruction!
Join the battle to stop those who try to use Dance Magic against humanity! Take part in the most important dance-off ever. You and your friends can save the planet, and the human race!Key Features:
- 7 diverse dance styles
- Several thrilling locations
- Rich character customization system
- Incldues more than 30 musical tracks
- Different playing modes including campaign, free dance, and playing with friends
- Variety of difficulty settings
45. Stellar Interface
Fight In Ever Changing Space Battles!
Run through the universe, discover the numerous perks/consumables and their synergistic effects. Explore the randomly-generated galaxy to find merchants, unlock spacecrafts, collect StellarNetES Cartridges, checkmark your kills of the various galactic overlords.
And die. A lot!
Can you find the most outrageous perk combination to defeat the Last Overlord?
- Rogue-like Elements: With a randomly generated universe and randomized perks, no journey will ever be the same! What will happen to you, in your own unique apocalyptic cataclysmic transgalactic voyage?
- Synergistic Perk System: Over 100 perks and consumables! Look out for the synergistic nature of the perks that suits your playstyle!
- Galactic Bounties: Complete over 100 missions to participate in the StellarNET Entertainment System lottery!
- Customize Your Start: Choose your spacecraft: there is one for every playstyle, as they have unique starting perks. You can personalize your arsenal from numerous weapons: cannons, missiles and lasers!
- Unlock Spacecrafts, View Your Progress: Check out what have you accomplished in our in-game encyclopedia StellarNET. Unlock new spacecrafts, kill all the bosses to progress in StellarNET's kill table. Check which perks and consumables you have used and seen, and what is your progress towards the achievements!
- Explore the Universe: Some levels are more special than others: Merchants, Bosses, Spacecraft Factories. Fight through lower-difficulty levels to stock up on perks, or just streamline to the end-boss if you feel powerful enough!
- Controller Support: Plug-and-play with any kind of controller!
Roll your way through a hard-core, high-speed, fury-inducing, nail-biting, reaction-based physics-platformer where momentum and skill is the difference between making the jump and falling to your inevitable death.
- High speed, twitch gameplay
- Easy to learn, hard to master control scheme
- Countless ways to clear every level
- Fully handcrafted retro pixel art
- Original music that gets your heart pumping
- Built with speedrunning in mind
- NO Randomness, NO cut-scenes, NO bullshit!
- Tons of rock puns
47. Xenon Valkyrie
Xenon Valkyrie is a rogue-like with many RPG elements in which you will have to get to the deepest part of a moon and finish the plans of a wicked witch.
You will be able to get many weapons randomly as you fight in a world that is created every time you play. There are a lot of characters, stores and enemies that will tell you a legendary story.
Traditional graphics and chiptune music of great quality with the best roguelike engine of current platforms. There is a myriad of objects that will help you reach your goals.
Level up and get the amazing power of the Xenon Valkyrie.
Roguelike platformer with an incredible story
Many worlds with different routes
3 heroes with unique skills
Many bosses and enemies
RPG elements,levelUP,stats etc..
Many endings and secrets
Best Chiptune music
hard and Permadeath
steamcloud ,save all you teamerites!!
quests and much more..
GamepadXbox360, Xboxone, Ps3 Or Ps4 Gamepad Good Work
48. Cybarian: The Time Travelling Warrior
Cybarian The Tme Travelling Warrior is a classically inspired arcade action game, with a mixture of modern and retro gaming tropes.
The game is an amalgamation of old school 2d platformers and side scrolling beat em’ ups.Features
- Beautifully animated and expertly realised retro style pixel art.
- Epic boss battles! Expand your abilities!
- Explosive and engaging combat!
- Classic platforming.
49. Battle Fantasia -Revised Edition
The battle of Light and Darkness has been relit once again"Battle Fantasia", the fantasy RPG themed 2D Fighting game is now appearing on Steam!
Equipped with the latest balances and improved visual effects, fight against your foes and save the world from evil!Live the fantasy from the arcade scene!Use the invaluable parry system, "GACHI", to catch your monotonous opponent off, and deliver a devastating counter attack! And, use "Heat-Up" to power-up your character for a limited time, whether it is to maximise your damage, or to create openings in your opponent's defense!
Character models are designed in 3D, and blended in to fit the 2D genre for better visual experience. Experience stunning visual effects, without losing that 2D fighting game touch!Unfold the story of Light and Darkness12 selectable characters, 24 total scenarios.
Watch the story of each character expands with each battle, and under certain circumstances you might find yourself travelling on an unintended path..?
Unlock alternate costumes for each character as you progress with the story, and eventually that last greyed out icon* in the Character Selection menu might reveal itself!?
*Not usable in certain game modes.Multiple game modesHone your skills with the Practice mode, or try aiming for the best record in Survival mode! Or, be the fastest speedrunner in Time Attack mode!
You can also view the illustrations obtained from the other game modes again in the Gallery mode.Battle against the world and stake your claim!Fight against players at the comfort of your home! Players can choose to fight in Ranked Matches, where the wins and losses will be recorded, or they can move to Player Matches and select who to fight.
Players can also create a private match under "Player Match" mode, and invite other players in.
Categories in common with Battle Fantasia -Revised Edition: Action
50. Drop Alive
An adventurous and curious water drop is trapped inside a house and needs your help to get back to the place she truly belongs to; a nearby glistening river. Climb a pile of jars, squeeze yourself through pipes and manage to get past a fridge full of stalactites without bursting. Use your wit to change from one state to another (liquid, solid and gas) surpassing every obstacle thrown your way as the game’s difficulty increases.
Drop Alive combines all the right ingredients; entertainment, challenge, an exclusive soundtrack and the beauty and charm of heartwarming, handmade illustrated scenarios, an experience both adults and children will forever enjoy and cherish.Main Features
- Have fun as you navigate through 12 different levels, each with an aesthetic and peculiarity of its own!
- Original Drop Alive exclusive music. Delight yourself with a warm and fun soundtrack of over 10 themes!
- Collectables, Achievements, Cards and Full controller support.
- Alternate between 3 different states; liquid, solid and gas, to overcome every obstacle thrown your way.
- Leaderboards. Challenge your friends!
- Warning (as in "don’t say we didn’t warn you"): Do not, by any means, let this cute little fellow fool you. Drop Alive ain’t as easy as it seems.
- 12 unique unlockable Skins!