The best games like Risk of Rain are:
- arrow_rightSunless Sea
- arrow_rightDungeons of Dredmor
- arrow_rightThe Escapists 2
- arrow_rightThe Swindle
- arrow_rightNidhogg 2
100 Best Games Like Risk of Rain:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (21)
- PlayStation 4 (21)
- iOS (26)
- Android (15)
- macOS (80)
- Linux (52)
- Nintendo Switch (23)
- Nintendo 3DS (3)
- Xbox 360 (5)
- Xbox (3)
- PlayStation 3 (5)
- PlayStation 2 (3)
- PS Vita (3)
- PSP (2)
- Wii U (6)
- Wii (5)
- GameCube (3)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- Game Boy (4)
- SNES (4)
- NES (4)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Apple II (4)
- Commodore / Amiga (15)
- Atari 7800 (1)
- Atari 5200 (1)
- Atari 2600 (1)
- Atari 8-bit (2)
- Atari ST (9)
- Atari Lynx (1)
- Genesis (5)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA Master System (2)
- Dreamcast (1)
- Game Gear (1)
- Web (1)
1. Sunless Sea
The help from Kickstarter backers
This is a role-playing game with roguelike elements from the independent British studio Failbetter Games. The money was collected on Kickstarter, just 4 271 backers supported the game, and donated a little over a hundred thousand pounds to its development. The game is available for solo completion on PC, Mac, and Linux.
Story and setting
The player tries on the role of the captain of the ship. Captain's backstory is fully customizable. The game is a spin-off for the browser game Fallen London from the same developers: the action takes place in the same universe and at the same time. The game mixes the Victorian era and the mystical atmosphere of Lovecraft's books. The player sails between different islands of the underground sea, facing different dangers. To win, you need to achieve a certain goal: for example, to find a treasure or to gain the title of the most famous seafarer by transporting goods and opening new lands.
Death is permanent in the game - the player starts all over again after each defeat. Developers have added the ability to inherit some of the property or team of the predecessor. The game world is randomly generated, although the location of the main ports and islands remains unchanged.
2. Dungeons of Dredmor
Dungeons of Dredmor combines traditional dungeon crawler with rogue-like mechanics. The player controls the only character who enters a dangerous underground maze to find and defeat the evil Lord Dredmor. As you descend deeper into the ground, the difficulty will grow. Each dungeon is generated randomly with each replay. There are three levels of difficulty, and also an option to turn on the permanent death mechanic. If you choose it, the game will leave you with only one save file to overwrite, and no save-scumming. There’s a traditional turn-based combat system and a variety of melee and ranged attacks, as well as magic. When the characters levels up, the player can improve his or her set of seven skills that can allow, among other things, to craft, disarm traps, use spells or wield more powerful weapons.
The game is played from the overhead point of view on a map divided into square tiles. The visuals are relatively simple, albeit not as minimalistic as traditional ASCII-based rogue-like games. The imagery is quite cartoonish and ironic, which adds to the game’s self-aware dark humor. The main character will complain about his or her fate, and when he or she dies, which is quite often, the game will “congratulate” you for each death.
3. The Escapists 2
The Ultimate Prison Sandbox!
Risk it all to breakout from the toughest prisons in the world. Explore the biggest prisons yet, with multiple floors, roofs, vents and underground tunnels.
You’ll have to live by the prison rules, attending roll call, doing prison jobs and following strict routines; all the while secretly engineering your bid for freedom!
Your prison escape antics will take you from the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even to the final frontier!Escape Team Assemble!
Unite with up to 3 friends to create the ultimate escape crew and engineer the wildest escapes yet! Jump online or gather round on a couch to prepare for your sneaky adventures. By working together you’ll be able to create even more elaborate and daring plans.
Feeling competitive? Dive into the versus mode and show that you’ve got the skills to break out of any prison faster than your friends can. If all else fails, settle your rivalry in the court yard with a prison punch up!Create YOUR Con!
It’s time to make your prisoner truly yours. Choose from a massive array of customisations to make your character unique to you. It’s important to look stylish whilst you mastermind your escape.Craft your Escape!
Being in prison forces you to be creative and work with the limited tools at your disposal. You’ll have to combine everyday objects like soap and socks to craft new weapons and tools to help you achieve your goal. Steal forks from the cafeteria to chip a tunnel in your room, and craft a poster from magazines and duct tape to hide the evidence. You’ll soon learn that duct tape solves (almost) everything!Prepare for a fight!
The Escapists 2 introduces a brand new combat system to make every prison brawl more exciting and interactive. You’ll have to block and tie together chains of attacks whilst strafing around your locked on targets to gain the upper hand in combat. Make sure your visit the gym first to build up those muscles!New ways to escape!
As the prisons get tougher you’re going to have to get more creative with your escape plans. There’s a ton of options to tackle almost any prison escape.Features
- 10 Prisons
- Up to 4 player co-operative and versus multiplayer
- Drop-in/ Drop-out Online/Splitscreen multiplayer
- Over 300 customisations
- Multi-storey Prisons
Crawl is 2D rogue-like game with beat em’ up elements and heavy emphasis on local multiplayer.
In Crawl, up to four players or bots explore randomly generated dungeons. One player controls the hero while the other three are spirits.
The goal of each run is to reach the exit, slay the final boss and escape from the dungeon. However, the only hero can do that. Killing hero as a spirit swaps roles and makes you hero giving you a chance to win.
The spirits cannot attack directly but can possess monsters in traps scattered throughout the dungeon. The monsters differ in strength, health, speed, attacks, and abilities. Each player can advance by leveling up and getting new gear. Leveling up increases your stats and unlock new attacks and abilities. Spirits can also level up unlocking new monsters and objects to possess. The weapons and magical items can be found in the dungeon or bought from merchants. There are 25 types of weapons in the game that vary in stats and attack types.
Additionally, each weapon can have one of 27 properties that can affect weapons damage, attack speed, give a chance to perform an elemental strike, or shot projectile. The maximum level in the game is ten after which the hero can face the dungeon boss. Other players must kill the hero by cooperatively controlling parts of the boss.
5. The Swindle
All the buildings you’ll be robbing are randomly-generated, so you’ll never get the same level twice.
Meanwhile, from the safety of your rickety airship up in Outer Space, you can modify your thief with new skills, tools, and all manner of advanced technological horrors, allowing you to take on bigger buildings with better security, for gargantuan rewards!
Have you got what it takes to pull off The Swindle?
> London, 1849_
> In 100 days, Scotland Yard will activate their breakthrough Artificial Intelligence technology,
> codenamed "The Devil's Basilisk"_
> Its surveillance capabilities will be total. If the project is completed,
> your career as a master burglar will be untenable_
> Steal it, before that can happen_
6. Nidhogg 2
The wurm has returned and it must feed! Shed your garments and paint the walls with the flesh of your enemies, for only one can be worthy of sacrifice.
The rules are simple. Reach the other side and kill anyone that stands in your way. Deftly parry and rend their throats, riddle their bowels with arrows, or squish their brains between your toes. The wurm cares not for chivalry.
Sequel to the indie hit of 2014, Nidhogg 2 builds upon the award-winning gameplay of its predecessor with new weapons to wield and levels to master, head-to-toe character customization, and the captivatingly grotesque art of Toby Dixon.
And, with music from artists including Mux Mool, Geotic, Doseone, Osborne, and Daedelus, Nidhogg 2 has a soundtrack so good that even the menu screens are awesome.Game Features:
- Challenge the AI or a friend in 1v1 combat.
- Fight for the top seat in 8-player tournaments.
- Master the distinctive traits of four weapons.
- Get stylish with full character customization.
- Ten stages from castles to Nidhogg innards.
- Alter the rules with over 10 different game variables.
- Go online with matchmaking and private games.
The world of Salt hangs on the brink of collapse. The citizens, once free spirits, now stand oppressed and isolated. But not all is lost, for out of this aether of fear arises a heroine, a ray of hope. Her name is Dandara.
Welcome to a unique 2D metroidvania platformer full of mystical creatures and boundless exploration. Defy gravity as you jump across floors, walls, and ceilings alike. Discover the mysteries and secrets hidden throughout the world of Salt and its diverse array of characters. Empower Dandara for combat and survival against enemies bent on oppression.
Awaken, Dandara, to bring freedom and balance to this directionless world.
• INNOVATIVE CONTROLS - Built natively for both touchscreen and gamepad input, movement and combat interact smoothly and seamlessly.
• BOUNDLESS EXPLORATION - Traverse across the esoteric world of Salt through fast and fluid jumps off any surface, unhindered by gravity, in lovingly crafted environments.
• CHALLENGING PROGRESSION - Use a combination of speed & skill, wits & reflexes, to solve puzzles, earn powerups, and access areas previously unreachable.
• BEAUTIFUL AND IMMERSIVE WORLD - A visual and auditory wonderland comes to life through gorgeous handcrafted pixel art and original soundtrack compositions.
Play together with your friends and have a fun time! In Teeworlds you can play in three gamemodes (Deathmatch, Team-Deathmatch and Capture The Flag) and tons more of community-made modifications with up to 16 players!
Customize your own player character, your personal tee, to your liking. With hundreds of possible combinations, you will always look unique!
Teeworlds is a game that gives you a lot of freedom and plenty of gameplay mechanics to use or abuse. With a full focus on multiplayer games you will never be bored.
And the best thing: It's open-source! Anyone can help to develop this game, create new game types, skins or brand new maps via the built-in map editor!
- Easy to learn, hard to master. You will never stop learning new tricks while playing Teeworlds, no matter how long you play. At the same time it's easy for new players to just pick it up and have a blast.
- Engaging and motivated community. Teeworlds' one-of-a-kind community is the thing keeping the game alive. Be it the community servers or maps or all the other innovative content.
- Play with your friends for free. Teeworlds has been free since the very start and will stay that way forever. With up to 16 players in a match, challenge your friends - the fun is only a mouseclick away!
Caveblazers is an action focused platformer roguelike set in a fantasy world. Each game is unique with procedurally generated levels to explore and a massive amount of items, weapons and equipment to discover.
The game takes place in a recently discovered cave, said to hold "unimaginable power". You play as an adventurer setting out to explore the cave and find out what riches it holds. However, you are not the only one...
As you delve deeper in to the cave, you'll discover new areas to explore, new weapons and new monsters to try them out on.Smart Characters!Throughout your journey you will encounter AI characters. Some friendly, some hostile. We're using an advanced pathfinding system which means friendly characters will be able to follow you wherever you go, and hostile characters will be able to track you down wherever you hide. There is no escape. Be afraid!Platformer Roguelike! Caveblazers is a modern platformer which incorporates some Roguelike and RPG elements such as permanent death, randomized potion identities, an RPG-style inventory system and tons of items, equipment and upgrades!Daily Challenge Runs!Each day a new adventure will be generated! It will be the same for everyone and you'll only get one chance at it! These challenge runs give you a starting loadout, and feature a set of different traits.Epic Boss Battles!Between each area you'll encounter a boss. Each boss is very unique, requiring a different strategy to defeat. Bosses are generally gigantic monstrosities with life bars stretching across the entire screen. Good luck!Character Customization!A whole load of unlockable hats, tunics, trousers, robes, and more! Or perhaps you fancy stripping off and heading in to the caves in the nude? Go for it!Compelling Combat!Largely overlooked in other modern Roguelike games, Caveblazers attempts to move away from the simplistic combat systems we've seen in other games in the genre, and incorporates fun, fluid and fast-paced combat which is accentuated by the game's brutal and persistent blood effects.Challenges!In case that isn't enough content, Caveblazers features a bunch of challenges for the well seasoned players to take a punt at. These challenges reward players with new items, weapons & perks!
10. Party Hard 2
You don't get your Christmas bonus and the only logical thing to do is go on a rampage at an Office Holiday Party. Welcome to Party Hard 2, the Stealth Strategy game you've been waiting for! With a brand new engine and art-style, Party Hard 2 expands Hitman-style gameplay of the original game with brand new features.
Some of the upcoming new gameplay features:
- Take out multiple targets at the same time with a powerful Multi-Kill ability
- Scan the room for useful objects and targets with Party Vision
- You can now pickup up to 3 extra items in your inventory. Why not light up the dance floor with a gas canister?
The game is currently in Alpha 1 stage, follow the game's development right here, click that FOLLOW button under the trailer!
NeuroVoider* is a twin-stick shooter RPG set in a cyber futuristic world about brains shooting around evil robots with nuclear rocket launchers. Battle through the horde of vigilant robots, boost your character with the smoking remains of your victims, and defeat the master NeuroVoider to end this eternal war. Play it coop with up to 4 friends, or go alone in an adventure of hack'n'slash rampage, with a pinch of rogue-lite, and some permadeath.
* may contain explosions.
- Action packed top-down shooting. May include explosions.
- Local multiplayer up to 4 players. Total coop rampage.
- Procedurally generated content and hazards. Hope you don't mind a few game overs.
- 8736 unique enemies to blow up. Yes, we counted.
- Tons of loot to customize your character with. Explode your foes with that "double twin-plasma shotgun of father doom" they've just dropped.
- Gigantic bosses to challenge your bullet dodging skills. Chances are that they don't fit on your 4K monitor.
- Powerful dark synth music by Dan Terminus. May your ears survive the beat.
DED - a game in the shoot'em up genre. Your granddaughter has been kidnapped, and your daughter and son-in-law murdered. Having just bits and pieces of information about the abductors, you will have to save your granddaughter and find the masterminds behind these crimes.
A moderately hardcore game with dynamic gameplay that will help you while away a few evenings.
13. A Fistful of Gun
When the evil railroad baron Clayton Boon decided to build a track to Hell, he didn’t reckon on a crazed shaman raising a posse of embittered psychopaths from the dead to stop him. Now they’ll pursue him across the whole Wild West, fighting their way through hordes of bandits, bears, braves and boogeymen just to find Boon and repay their debt with… A FISTFUL OF GUN!
Select one of eleven unique playable gunslingers and seek revenge as a lone wolf or with your friends in local and online co-op. Master the specialized controls of each character, collect gold from fallen foes to purchase upgrades, and imbibe a bit of liquid courage and unleash a tornado of lead across the dusty plains.Features
Misfits and Outlaws: Choose between eleven different gunslingers each with their own unique control scheme and methods of attack to master. Some characters require the finesse of a gamepad while others are strictly bound to mouse controls to mount their offensive.
Multiplayer and Co-Op Modes: Gather a posse of gunslingers for chaotic local multiplayer or connect online cooperative modes or square off with other gunslingers at the corral in the white-knuckled versus mode.
Story and Arcade Modes: Take up arms against those that stand opposed and blast your way through the colorful landscapes of the west against dozens of unique enemies. Grab a horse, forge a river, ride a train – there’s never a dull moment in the lawless lands of the Wild West!
14. Azure Striker Gunvolt
Azure Striker Gunvolt is a 2D action game featuring the talents of star creator Keiji Inafune as the Executive Producer and Action Supervisor.
With the “septimal” power to create and manipulate lightning, Gunvolt faces off against the massive conglomerate known as the Sumeragi Group. Intense battles
unfold against Sumeragi's ultra-powerful adepts (those who possess septimal powers) as Gunvolt fights to keep his nation free.Speedrun ModeThis new mode gives speedrunners around the world the chance to compete for the best time,
with pre-determined settings put in place by the Gunvolt team to maximize efficiency for this challenging new mode.
Future updates which will new add features and settings are already planned,
so stayed tuned for information about that in the near future.Lightning-Based ActionUse your trusty sidearm to tag enemies, then let loose a burst of electricity for massive damage. You can even tag multiple enemies and zap them all simultaneously.
Your lightning abilities are not just for defeating enemies, though. Use them to perform various maneuvers such as hovering across hazardous terrain.Do Battle With a Variety of BossesSumeragi's most powerful members, with a wide range of personalities, await you at the end of your missions.
Battles get heated as bosses unleash their most powerful skills and techniques.Those for Whom the Muse Sings Shall Turn the Tides of BattleEven Gunvolt falls in battle sometimes. When this happens, there is a chance that Lumen,
aka The Muse, will revive you and grant you a massive power boost. Furthermore,
if you manage to amass at least 1000 Kudos during a stage,
the BGM will change and Lumen will sing one of her songs for you for as long as you maintain those Kudos.
Your Kudos will reset upon taking damage, so keep that no-damage run going for as long as you can!Japanese Voice ModeIn this long-awaited mode, players will be able to play the original Japanese version of the game,
which includes ample mid-stage dialogue, all fully voiced in Japanese with English text.
The entire script has been re-translated to coincide with the dialogue of the Japanese version of the game.
To play the game in Japanese Voice Mode, select it from the Language Settings before starting the game.
15. Shake Your Money Simulator 2016
"Shake Your Money Simulator 2016" is the newest spend-money simulation which will teach your wallet to hide money from your eyes . Besides , this is a first game in 2016 , where you can finally look at pixel opossum !
- Deep storyline
- You can spend money
- You can't earn money
- You can spend more money that you actually have
- Made with love by CharlieH
Feel free to ask me about new things in community hub .
Together - we will do "Shake Your Money Simulator 2016" better !
Nongünz is a nihilistic action platformer which combines hectic shootouts with the management of a mysterious idle game.
Each run will have you parting from a black and white graveyard into an ever-changing gothic dungeon full of nightmares fleshed out of human viscera. Surviving this distraught roguelike will not only require skill but style, since Nongünz rewards you for long-lasting combos and challenges... moreover, score will play a key role in the progress of the idle game: the formation of your very own band of lost souls and death cultists.
As the world of Nongünz evolves, you will meet special characters that will inhabit your graveyard: praying cultists, self-scourging martyrs, somber gravediggers... which will either help you widen your killing skills or improve the performance of the insidious idle game built around the graveyard.
- Unforgiving gameplay that will challenge both your skill and your wits.
- The whole game is a riddle. Unveil the mystery behind the nihilistic universe of Nongünz.
- Beautifully crafted black and white pixel environments and characters.
- Hundreds of levels plagued with dozens of differents enemies.
- Many weapons, items and equipment to unlock and master.
- The potential to change your perception about existence, violence and mankind.
17. Despotism 3k
Humanity is enslaved by an artificial intelligence! And that's wonderful, because you are on the right side of things. Manipulate those pitiful humans to produce the energy needed for the machines. You'll have to make sure they don't die of hunger or fatigue, but it can even be fun. And by the way, you may recycle the spares in a bioreactor at any moment!
Anyway, this is a resource manager with roguelike elements, as kids say these days. The project got started at Ludum Dare 39 and is now being turned into the game of our dreams.Key features
- Black humor, full immersion in being a soulless despot!
- Resource manager on steroids. Your decisions have to be fast, precise and merciless!
- Roguelite - every attempt to complete a game Act is unique due to random event generation. Every loss is fatal - you have to start again.
- "Easy to learn, hard to master." With a detailed step-by-step tutorial the gameplay is easy to understand, but it is hard to achieve victory.
Explore the dangers of the depths in this beautifully realized flooded world, and unearth untold riches and glory. Discover the remnants of civilization in numerous unique towns and learn their local lore, trade stories and treasure, and hire crew new members.
Continuously improve each of the game’s 9 unique pilotable submarines using a deep upgrade system, and gain access to new areas and loot. Discover numerous types of cannons and torpedoes to help you overcome the dangers of the deep, and assemble your own unique crew to brave it alongside you. Whether you wish to play as a silent hunter or a guns blazing dreadnought, arrange your crew members and weapons to fit your playstyle.Game Features:
A Beautiful Underwater World to Explore: Three massive and beautifully realized open sea zones to explore, each with their own factions, local stories and more
Innovative Combination of 2D & 3D Graphics: Experience the mysteries of the deep in beautifully rendered 3D graphics as you navigate your submarine, and seamlessly switch to meticulously hand-painted 2D graphics when exploring towns and cities
Thrilling Real-Time Submarine Combat: Utilize an arsenal of underwater weapons to engage in life-or-death firefights with other submarines and deadly terrifying creatures
Crew Recruitment: Assemble your own unique crew to fight alongside you by recruiting different Helmsmen, Gunners and Sonar Technicians. Utilize each of their special skills and personalities to change the flow of combat and exploration.
Upgradable Submarines: Continuously improve your vessel by acquiring new weapons that can dramatically change the tide of battle
9 Pilotable Submarines: Explore the world to uncover 9 unique pilotable submarines, each with their own feel, strengths and weaknesses
Resource Management: This world is not for the faint of heart, as resources are limited and survival is a constant battle. You’ll have to actively manage your food supplies and oxygen levels should you wish to keep your crew alive and overcome the perils of the sea
Upgradeable Home Base: Build- and grow your own base of operations under the sea to house all your stand-by crew members and submarines. Upgrade your base to increase your notoriety and wealth, as upgraded bases can also house valuable opportunities, such as rare item merchants and bars with notorious sailors as patrons.
Loot System: The world is filled with rare loot and hidden quests to discover…. Especially for those who dare to venture off the beaten path
Terrifying Underwater Foes: Explore the world and test your bravery against giant sea creatures and mysterious undersea anomalies!
Absoloot is a game with familiar game mechanics that will put you into fun confrontation of four warring sides (Archaeologists from Winfield, Hellocreeps, Kwade Bende, P.R.M.D.).
The reason of confrontation is a treasure! Each team tries its best to leave others with no riches. You should attack and protect, run away and chase, explode and get blown up.
That game has few game modes (classic and special). You will face with deathmatch, treasure hunting, chasing the king and many other. All of that will be on tens of maps, each of them refers to team locations (saloon, castle, sheep, pyramid).
Every fighting side has three heroes that can be chosen for game. Every hero has his own weapon and physical features (speed, health and other), so the choice of one hero or another can be the part of your tactics in different modes of competition. But don’t forget to watch your ammunition and level of health!
That game was created for yours and your friends’ fun by playing on one computer the two, three or four of you. Please note that for three or four-players game on one computer you will need gamepads (one or two). Also game supports online-multiplayer to fight with other players remotely.
- 5 dynamic game modes
- 4 locations different by style and atmosphere
- 40+ different maps full of mines and spikes
- 12 unique characters
- 12 types of weapon (machine-gun, shotgun, rifle, pumpkin-gun, sweet-gun and other)
- Bonuses that can affect on game
- Multiplayer for one computer (2-4 players)
- Beta Online-multiplayer (2 players)
20. Luna's Wandering Stars
Take control of the powers of the cosmos. Explore your curiosity of space. Luna's Wandering Stars is a planetary physics puzzler with a full Level Creator/Editor and online level sharing.
An action puzzle game that utilizes real physics to present interesting and challenging cosmic puzzles. Use a variety of powers to control planetary movements, such as changing gravity, designating velocity, applying force, and using mysterious wormholes to move masses around. The goal of every level is to collect enough asteroids using moons to move on to the next level. For a real challenge, collect the rare golden asteroids in every level!Key Features:
- Intuitively change physics properties of planets and moons on-the-fly
- Nine Unique Planetary Powers: Velocity, rockets, gravity, lasers, redirect cosmic bodies, change density, form wormholes, create black holes, and reposition entire planets!
- Nearly 200 total levels to play (including Free DLC challenge levels to be added)
- Full Level Editor Coming Soon as a Free Update!
- Online Custom Level Sharing Cpming Soon as a Free Update!
21. Shadow Blade: Reload
Shadow Blade is an action-platformer set in a visually striking world where the ancient teachings of ninjas and samurai clash upon a modern landscape. Sprint through stages littered with traps, slaying enemies along your path without hesitation as Kuro, the blade of shadow!Story
Darkness and chaos are once again creeping into the world of man. The covenant made in a time almost forgotten has failed, the three clans now in a violent struggle for dominance. The medallion is almost made whole again and it falls upon Kuro?s shoulders to restore balance. All his training has led up to this one moment, where the fate of the world will rest in his blood-stained hands.Key Features
- Epic NINJA Platforming: Test your skills in fast-paced platforming, mastering the skills of the ninja to breeze through challenging levels.
- Vicious NINJA Combat: Kill your enemies with extreme prejudice through the mastery of the katana, shurikens and kusarigama!
- Shadow Ninja: Attack the guards before they see you and alert all other mobs.
- Story Campaign: Fully voiced motion comics tell the story of Kuro?s plight to restore balance!
- More than 50 Challenging Levels: Environmental hazards, rifle-toting warriors and many more challenges await a hardened warrior.
- Level Secrets: Raw speed doesn?t guarantee the highest rank. A true ninja is ever vigilant, aware of any possibly hidden areas.
- Ninja = Hardcore: Cleared the normal campaign? Prepare for the ?Hardcore? variation and if you dare, the ultimate ?Master Class? version awaiting only the foolhardy.
- Challenge Modes and Leaderboards: Feel the need to gloat? Challenge yourself in these specially crafted stages only for the masters. Compare your stats with friends and other players as you fight for the top of the leaderboards!
Level Editor and Workshop Integration: Create and upload your own levels to Steam Workshop for your friends and other players to check out. Become the ultimate Dojo Builder!
Stylish 3D World: Feast your eyes on a world where ninja and samurai clash in a modern landscape.
Achievements: Unlock a full list of achievements as you embark on your mission to restore balance.
Cloud Saving: All progress saved through the Steam Cloud for pick-up-and-play on any steam powered device.
The Deluxe Edition includes:
1 - Shadow Blade: Reload game
2 - Art Book
3 - Comic Book
4 - Original SoundtrackFollow the development on Twitter
22. Fluffy Horde
Fluffy Horde is a 2D side-scrolling hybrid between real-time strategy and tower defense. The game revolves around a magical hyper-breeding bunny horde created by a misunderstood Shaman wanderer. After having a dwelling denied in all three kingdoms, the Shaman is willing to take over all of them by force. Can you stop the Fluffy Horde?
- A unique strategy experience. Age of Empires and Warcraft got nothing on us. Starcraft 2 is slightly better...
- Mesmerizing Pixel art that will cure your eyes of myopia.
- Over 100 cities to free and 300 badges to conquer.
- Multiplayer mode so you can outsmart your friends and strangers over the internet. Or be outsmarted by them, maybe you are not that bright.
- 4 bosses to fight and hours of addicting gameplay.
- Arrogant elves that “are much better than humans”, according to them. Underground people are cool, though.
- Awesome voice-over that will make you pee on your pants. Wear double underwear for a better experience.
- Bunnies. We got 2.0309.894.859.483.495.8Y9.348.530.834 of them and counting...
- Music made by God. We’ve got God on our team, that’s right! Who have you got?
23. The Yawhg
The Yawhg is a one-to-four player choose-your-own-adventure game that randomizes a unique story every time you play. The evil Yawhg is returning. How will the town’s locals lead their lives in the meanwhile, and what will they do when the dreaded Yawhg finally arrives? The fate of a community hinges on the characters’ actions, and the decisions of their players.Features
- Stories which can be played alone, or with friends.
- A fully fleshed-out world, where actions can have dire consequences.
- A randomly generated story that's different every time you play.
- Gorgeous artwork by the award-winning Emily Carroll.
- Over 50 unique endings that can happen to every character.
- A haunting soundtrack by Ryan Roth, sound designer for Starseed Pilgrim.
- A s͎e̝̬̠̭ͅn̬͉̪͕͇s̜̝̮͔͈e͓͎̻̦̣͔͉͢ ̺̰̫͜o̧͚̹͉̰̬͍̲f̛̟͉͈̥̠́ ̢̙̫̖̙̱͠i̺̰͉̟͎͟͡m̺͈̟͚͜͡ͅp͘͝͏̝̲̲͚̤e̵͈n̸̙̮̺̥̩͖̩̤̙ḓ̤͖̀i̛͇̖̞̺̲͈̲̠͟n̸̡̜͜g̴̛̲͙̙̪̳͚͎̼̹͙̮̲̻͓̀͘͞ͅ ̵̷̢̙͍̣̖̭̪͚̻͎̤̞̙̖̰͕͕͞d͝͏̣̝̫̱̱̥̹͇̹̺̮̤͉ͅó̷̯͕̙͔͚͙̳̳̮̣͈͍͚̟̬̟͎̖̕͘o̵̴҉̢̙̬͇̖͉̜͠m̵͏͉̲̠̱͙͉̳̻̖͉̟̦̩͙͉̯͢͟ͅͅ.̷̸̵̧̬͍̙͕̫̝͖̞̩̥̩̣̙͍̗̱͓͈͚͇̣̤͜
24. Shattered Haven
An Environmental Puzzle Game About Family, Grit, and Survival.
Grays roam the land, largely in the absence of human interference. These aren't your typical Zed -- theirs is a very different sort of apocalypse. Animals spontaneously transform into twisted, violent beings. The earth decays, collapsing into a network of abysses. The wilderness thickens.
It has been nine years since That Day when it all started. Pockets of humanity still exist, but are ignorant of one another. Within these isolated havens people try to live as best they can -- for even in a world so broken and dark, daily life must go on.
Darrell and Mary Williams were able to build such a life inside a five-acre fenced yard out in the country. They were even secure enough in their isolated compound that they had a daughter five years after the zombie-like grays appeared.
Life carried on as normally as it could, until another refugee on the run is killed during a nearby attack. Her son is saved and taken in by the Williamses -- who do not realize that this kind action will destroy their home and threaten their entire family. They find themselves caught in the midst of a struggle between two eldritch horrors, and the path to survival is anything but clear.Key Features
- Solve environmental puzzles under pressure. Figure out how to use the tools, traps, and weapons in each level to clear all the Grays.
- Nearly 100 hand-crafted levels with multiple difficulty levels ranging between casual and hardcore, developed end to end by two experienced adventure level designers.
- Complete bonus objectives for higher scores and gold markers.
- Follow the story of Darrell and Mary as they try to save their family from a new and unexpected threat through in-game storytelling and painted-style cutscenes.
- Guide different members of the Williams family through branching story paths that result in one of several endings. Depending on your actions, the story may end very poorly, happily, or anywhere in between.
- Music and sound by composer Pablo Vega provides a chilling atmosphere for players to experience.
- Included level editor: The same editor used to make the main adventure will let you make your own levels, cutscenes, or even entire adventures.
- Local 2-player co-op. Using two gamepads, two players on the keyboard, or any combination of the above.
25. Western Press
No Time to Explain
Learning to play is incredibly simple: Buttons go top to bottom, do them fast. A duel takes seconds, and a 16 player tournament takes minutes. So just how good is your guest list’s controller knowledge, and just how fast are their reactions? Submit your answer in ten buttons or less. (Not less, you'll lose. Do ten.)
As Easy as A, B, Square, Triangle
Custom settings allow you to control which buttons are used, so combos are as complicated as you’d like them to be, from directions only to the full gamut. Western Press features prompts for Xbox controllers, PlayStation controllers, dance mats, and supports a large range of third party controllers. Of course, who could forget our friends on keyboards...
Not My Type
Keyboarding cow-folk can expertly type their opponent to death. With a choice between ten letter words, random gibberish, or our not-trademarked "Controller, Replicated" layouts, discover which best suits your style, select it, and [W] [ I ] [N]! (They're letters. From the keyboard.)
Online and Local Tournaments for Humans and Machines Alike
Hold custom tournaments for from two to 16 competitors with any mix of local players, online players and bots. The tournament system works out all the match-ups for you, so you get to just sit back and relax. Until it’s your turn. Then stop relaxing because it’s time for extreme and relentless stress.
A Test of Character
Create a profile and play through the Skill Tester to earn your rank, while simultaneously unlocking some of Western Press’ wild bunch. You start with four playable characters, but you’ll have to earn the other 12 by playing the game. Is there anyone fast enough to unlock Wyatt Hurt?
Stroll Down Memory Lane
Fancy yourself more intellect than athlete? Try Memory Mode, where players must memorise and repeat an ever increasing string of buttons. But make more mistakes than your opponent, and you eat lead.
Steam Workshop Support
Create custom characters and environments with your own animations, sounds and taunts. Then share them with the community via Steam Workshop, where they’ll be downloaded dynamically at the beginning of an online tournament! Create yourself, your friends, your favourite characters, celebrities, politicians, inanimate objects with faces, whatever!
26. Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic
„Listen! The end is nigh!! Hear my words and prepare! An ancient cult has set foot in our lands! They call themselves -The Sons of Dawn- and pray to some dark elder god. They have started recruiting people for their cause all over the country. I fear that they want to try to awaken something which should be left sleeping. Something dangerous and sinister! Something that might destroy us all. Spend your last of days wisely...“
Enter the world of PIXEL HEROES and prepare yourself for a thrilling RPG/Roguelike experience like you have never seen before!
Explore a randomized world full of hilarious events, deadly dungeons and the weirdest NPCs you will ever meet in a game!
Choose three heroes for your party and take them on a journey that will be completely different each time you start a new game. Bath in a pool of procedurally generated loot and defeat the evil forces that threaten the township of Pixton!
- 30 unique hero classes to unlock, each with individual skills and attributes.
- More procedurally generated axes, spears, maces, swords, shields, bows, crossbows, spells and prayers than a lama has hair on its body.
- 13 mystic and beautifully cruel dungeons to explore. With epic bossfights waiting!
- 3 campaigns to unlock, each with its own final dungeon and boss.
- Permadeath! You know you want it.
- A detailed graveyard where you can mourn your dead heroes, compare their statistics and see which of their choices led to their tragic death.
- Completely crazy NPCs, each one of them with a significant storyline that you can follow to unlock cool stuff!
- Tons of random events that you will encounter on your way, expecting you to make important choices. Will you yell at the cat like a crazy idiot?
- Many achievements and unlockables, try to get them all and become the most badass Pixel Heroes player in the world!
27. Airships: Conquer the Skies
Design steampunk pixel airships out of functional modules and conquer the skies!
In the game, ships are viewed side-on, and their modules are operated by individual crew members. During combat, players give high-level commands to a small fleet, positioning their ships, ramming and boarding others. Ships and terrain are fully destructible: they can catch fire, explode, break apart, and fall. Players can also compete against one another in Internet and LAN matches.
The ships are highly detailed, teeming with sailors moving around at their individual tasks, like an ant farm or a cut-away drawing. The player's choices in ship layout are crucial, and an important part of the game is exploring the design space of different airships and their matching tactics.
28. Spaceship Looter
What happens to the ship when the crew dies? It just dangles around the Universe together with other space debris and becomes home for aliens.
Almost always such ships are full of valuable cargo any mercenary can take. The terms are as simple as that: you bring the ship to the new owner and all the cargo is yours.
The point is not to join the dead members of the crew...
Spaceship Looter is an action roguelike game, where mercenaries of all stripes rob drifting schooner, lost transtport ships and abandoned military cruisers - all what is filled with tons of valuable loot and hidden in the deep space.
Each ship is randomly generated and filled with heavily armed enemies prowling in search of prey. Buy new guns, upgrade abilities of the heroes, buy antiques, fight, and be sure - the booty will be yours!
- High difficulty
- 7 spaceships
- Interaction with the mechanisms
- Randomly generated levels
- Interesting quests
- Juicy decoration
- Full support of controllersPreviewsHardcore Gamer:
"Loot ships, get better toys, loot more ships, repeat. Nicely explode-y with a whole lot of bullets going on"Help translating the gameIf you know Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Romanian and Spanish then you can help!
Spaceship Looter Translation Sheet
In Collapsed you play as one of 4 unique Hunters who have to track down their prey. Each one has its own set of abilities, skills and combat style. You’ll have to travel through hazardous procedurally-generated levels, fighting dozens of enemy types and challenging bosses. This post-apocalyptic world is filled with useful items, that you’ll combine to gain new traits, and with experience points, you’ll invest in a vast skill tree. And you won’t lose all of your precious treasure when you’ll die! You’ll die a lot, and start from the beginning each time – but all of your loot and items are carried to your next run.
- Key features:
- A dangerous world to explore. Collapsed features 9 uniquely styled locations with procedurally-generated levels filled with tough enemies and deadly traps.
- Fight your way. Choose one of 4 Hunters, each with its own ranged and close combat styles, and engage in a hardcore timing-based fights. More than 60 enemy types and 15 bosses await you!
- Evolve. The game features a massive and branchy skill tree to develop your unique war machine.
- Tools of destruction. You can combine and craft over 100 different items that’ll help on your way.
- Rogue-lite. Once you’ll die (and you most certainly will), you’ll have to start from the beginning – but your hard-earned items and skills carry on.
- Fight alone or with a friend. Collapsed features a cooperative mode for one of your friends.
- 10 difficulty modifiers. In case you’re into a real challenge.
30. Starward Rogue
- Roguelite catacombs that evolve and expand with each of your successes.
- Hundreds of items, enemies and rooms, and dozens of epic boss fights.
- Fully playable with keyboard+mouse or gamepad.
- 5 difficulty levels range from "Relatively Easy" to "Nigh Impossible."
- Play as a "head in a mech" harvested from the neck of everyone's favorite Hydral.
- Find secrets of The Megalith, a giant structure lodged in a star, as you lose many heads.
- Figure out what happened to Rodney, an AI redshirt of uncertain motives.
- Over-the-top mod support. Detailed wiki: create enemies, items, weapons, and rooms.
- Secrets! Among them "incredibilities" that massively change the way the game plays.
- Varied mech suits: dipole magnetism, time control, and more.
- Upgrade during each "run" via EXP/Perks, shops, and items found while exploring.
31. Remnants of Naezith
Feel the acceleration in this fast-paced grappling hook platformer, Remnants of Naezith.
It focuses on having freedom of movement, solid character control and not having any speed limitations. The fun of swinging with grappling hooks and the amazing feel of acceleration makes a great combination in this game.
You play as Kayra, a human who shares his body with the soul of the ancient thunder dragon, Naezith! With the powers granted to him by the dragon, Kayra will destroy the Remnants of Naezith, enchanted fragments of the dragon's body, to prevent anyone from exploiting their power for evil.
- LEVEL SELECTION
Proceed through four chapters with 20 branching levels in each.
- SECRET LEVELS
Find the hidden remnants to unlock secret levels.
Watch top player replays and improve your skills to ascend.
- GLOBAL RANKINGS
Get a badge depending on your overall performance and compete worldwide.
Race against other people's best times or your own.
- SPEEDRUN MODE
Try going through the entire game or a specific chapter as fast as possible.
- CUSTOM LEVELS
Explore the countless levels made by the community and design your own.
32. Still Not Dead
Still Not Dead is DOOM + NUCLEAR THRONE
Shoot everything that moves with super slick and satisfying gunplay in order to unlock the exits before death arrives to chase you out of the stage. Collect money to buy more than 30+ randomly spawning items and weapons. Pick a blessing or curse before moving onto the next procedurally generated stage, which drastically changes how each run plays out. Each stages becomes more bloody and brutal as you progress so make good use of your time before death comes for you. The game combines satisfying gunplay with open environments and tactical semi-random gameplay with a lot of choice as you manage your weapons, items, money, health, stamina, stage time, monsters, blessings, curses..etc
- 30+ unique weapons and items
- 40+ blessings and curses that change how you approach each run
- Fully destructible environments, dynamic fire and weather system
- Massive hordes of monsters in an open sandbox world
- 'Pick up n play' gameplay, gets you right into the game
- Hand drawn pixel-art and original soundtrack
A DEV THAT CARES:
- Check the discussion boards, I read them and respond
- I have over 10 years experience making games such as: Use Boxmen, SkullFace, Tony Eagle..etc (which you can play online, some of which have won awards)
- I respond to every review and video I can find
- I frequently update the game during early access
33. Trench Run
Make friends, then blow them to bits!
Trench Run is a mayhem-filled, laugh a minute casual multiplayer action game brought to you by the makers of King Arthur’s Gold and Soldat.
Blow your enemies to bits in muddy trenches, then sip wine with them at the bar in the first multiplayer shooter with no death.
Listen to a relaxing feel-good gypsy jazz soundtrack as you watch your screaming enemies ride rockets and explode crashing into walls. Howl with laughter. Repeat.
Turn into a shrub. Have a dance off. Buy a pet crocodile.
See you at the bar!
- Unique team-based "Run" mode for 2-10 players
- Free-for-all Skirmish mode for 1-4 players (perfect for a fun evening with friends)
- 5 classes with special skills to choose from (Assault, Sniper, Demolitions, Commando and Medic)
- Semi-random destructible maps
- Down on the ground? Grab a medikit and continue fighting!
- Play basketball and meet new friends between rounds
- Spend coins on drinks and cigarettes from the VIP bar
- Buy customized costumes and pet animals
- Online and Local couch-based multiplayer available
- Designed to be easy to pick up and play, but deep enough to play seriously
34. Epic Battle Fantasy 5
Epic Battle Fantasy 5 is an over-the-top turn-based RPG adventure, full of video game references, juvenile dialogue, and anime fanservice (...and also strategic combat, monster catching, and tons of treasure hunting - if you're into any of those.)
If you're new to the series, this is a good place to start, and if you've played the other games, there's plenty of new features for you to explore.
Epic Battle Fantasy 5 features...
- Over 170 different enemies to fight, all with unique abilities and attack patterns.
- Over 120 usable skills, and more equips than you can try out in a single playthrough.
- Almost any enemy can be captured like a Pok*mon, and later summoned in battle. (including bosses!)
- New mechanics also include weather conditions and a cooldown system. (MP is gone!)
- Set up devastating combos with damage-amplifying status effects. (wet + thunder = death!)
- 30 hours of gameplay, plus lots of optional dungeons and challenges.
- Suitable for both casual and hardcore RPG players, and is safe for kids, if offensive content is disabled.
- Annoying random battles.
- Limited save points.
- Depressed protagonists.
- Points of no return.
1Quest is a turn-based roguelike RPG where you play as a young adventurer who pursues an evil blood cult that has abducted several children, including the princess of the kingdom!
You got 7 days before they can start their evil ritual to summon an ancient demon by sacrificing the children. Each region of the realm contains dungeons full of hostile creatures, but you will also find help and get various rewards depending on which path you take towards rescuing the children. But you need to hurry, if you want to save them all...
Fight monsters, grab loot, become more powerful and prevent the blood cult from summoning the demon.Key features
- Turn based RPG
- 5 races
- 18 Differents classes
- More than 150 class abilities and spells for characters
- More than 100 monsters
- 20 Differents dungeons with specific rewards
- Magic system based on spell schools and magic affinities for more diversity and replayability
36. Giant Machines 2017
Unlike contemporary simulators, the 14 main missions are all part of one story. The goal is to send a space shuttle to the International Space Station. Your tasks will be, among others:
• To crush mountains,
• To move tons of earth,
• To cut metal constructions
• To mine radioactive ores,
• And to transport (rock, ore, machines… and even a space shuttle!!)
Our machines have the following features:
• Accurately recreated cockpits and models,
• Completely analog controls of actuators and cranes,
• Full physics simulation (no cutting corners!).
Your campaign takes place in 6 different geographical localizations: Greenland, Canada, Wyoming, Missouri and Florida. Thanks to a detailed depiction of the machines, you will be able to appreciate the magnitude of those beasts (compared to a human, a car and buildings placed on the map). You can also explore the machine in first person perspective; the wide view from the cockpit will immerse you in the world of really heavy machinery.
An alternate gameplay mode is Time Attack. It is unlocked after you complete the story mode (campaign), and is comprised of selected missions. The rewards for completing a mission in a set time are bronze, silver and gold medals, and your entry into the high scores.
Your hunger for knowledge will be satiated by the Machine Library. This small encyclopedia with 3D models will broaden your knowledge of the biggest machines man has ever built. Technical parameters and performance data included.
Machines available in Giant Machines 2017:
• Bagger – a giant among giants – a machine capable of tearing down mountainsides
• Crawler – a standard transport platform… for space shuttles
• Demolition – a demolition machine – for cutting steel pipes and massive scaffoldings
• Bulldozer – indispensable when you have a couple tons of earth/snow or minor objects to move
• Dumper – good for those times when you need to move a whole week’s worth of mine output
• Digger – as the name implies, it digs in rocks – both horizontally and vertically
• Car crane – moving several tons of containers was never this easy!
CHECK OUT UPDATES AND NEWS:
37. Space Robinson
Space Robinson is a thrilling adventure of an engineer on a distant planet.
The intergalactic corporation VALUE sends you to repair the drilling rigs in colony number 21. A colorful planet, a friendly population, an ocean of resources... What could possibly go wrong?
Explore the procedurally generated locations of the distant planet filled with secret caches and valuable resources!
Fight dangerous enemies that lie in wait for you day and night!
Survive in the wilderness, collect resources, build protective turrets and craft ammunition!
Will this all help you get home? It depends on you!FEATURES
HARDCOREYou can always choose a way to die, be it enemies, traps, or the night! Fight, level up, unlock new guns and victory will be just around the corner!CRAFTNeed a gun that shoots lightning? Or need a first aid kit? It’s up to you to decide what to use in battle today! Collect resources and craft your dream loot!
BUILDINGDo you like to meet the sunrise, wrapped up in a blanket by the fire? Forget it! Build protective turrets to survive the harsh alien nights!BOTSSomeone has set up serious fortifications, but this isn’t an obstacle for your bots! Collect bot-assistants and destroy caches!
GENERATIONStart over and over again to find a way out! Explore all the locations to escape from this damned planet!
38. Null Vector
A difficult, 1980's inspired permadeath rogue-lite where every play through is different. Trade, gamble, and fight your way through progressively challenging levels. Increase the power of your weapon by collecting parts that merge to give new and unique properties.
- all weapon parts "stack", allowing thousands of unique combinations
- custom music and sound effects by Adam Alake
- every level is randomly generated, no two play throughs are the same
- use "machines" such as the Exchange to get random trade deals or the Radar to reveal hidden information
- scoring system and a local high score table to challenge yourself or your friends
*While the game can be played on a keyboard, a gamepad is highly recommended for the best experience. Supports the Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers.
Null Vector is created by ALEX MIELE, LLC
39. Bullet Heaven 2
Dodge hundreds of thousands of beautiful bullets!
Bullet Heaven 2 is a shoot-em-up spinoff of the Epic Battle Fantasy series.
It's a game all about shooting everything that moves, while dodging hundreds of bullets per second!
Bullet Heaven 2 features:
- Mesmerizing bullet patterns and tons of cute monsters to shoot in the face.
- 70 unique levels, including epic boss battles and endless survival levels.
- 18 awesome musical tracks from Phyrnna! (Soundtrack available as Free DLC!)
- Up to 4 players can play in local co-op.
- Support for mouse, keyboard, or controller controls.
- 8 playable characters, each with several different weapons and costumes.
- 3 difficulties: Normal (25% bullets), Hard (50% bullets), and Heavenly (100% bullets).
- Unlockable cheats and handicaps, which can be used to customize the difficulty further.
- Tons of achievements, unlockables, and ranks to collect.
- Lots of juvenile dialogue from the characters and plenty of video game references.
40. Death is better than Hell
The evil sorcerer NekroSkeletus kidnapped your girlfriend. You need to enter the lair of NekroSkeletus. There will be many traps and labyrinths on the way. A very difficult way of salvation. Endless traps, hordes of different enemies. Surprise plot twists make you wonder whether you are on the right or on the right. Free your girlfriend from the clutches of the evil sorcerer.
An interesting 2D adventure, in the underworld of NekroSkeletus. In order to move to the next level, you have to kill all the enemies and go up to the stairs.
Use manna (E - button) to replenish lives, Find and open chests and break barrels. SuperAttack (Q - button) will help, in case you are surrounded.
41. The Bonfire: Forsaken Lands
Build, discover, craft and survive.
Build your settlement in a snowy encampment and manage workers and resource to survive monster attacks during nights. Slowly you will gain access to advanced buildings and crafting options, discover and trade with new civilizations and discover the secrets of the ancients.FEATURES
- Build your own settlement and manage the in-depth simulation
- Survive dangerous monsters and harsh weather
- Beautiful snowy landscape with minimalist aesthetics
- Discover something new with every passing day
- leaderboards and achievements
➣ It's an oldschool/boomercore game not by just looks and engine, but by gameplay.
➣ Gory, fast paced shooting, a solid arsenal of weapons and magic items.
➣ Sprawling levels that offer a degree of freedom and don't hold the player's hand. Exploring, hunting secrets, backtracking, patience and having to figure out what to do next is key. Monsters and pickups are hand-placed and vary according to the difficulty you play on.
➣ Original story packed with lots of lore and doubled by a permeating atmosphere.
➣ Original soundtrack ranging from tense to serene ambient, spiced up with bursts of metal. Also, did I mention the legendary Alexander Brandon? If you enjoyed the Unreal and Deus Ex soundtracks, you're in for a treat!
➣ Thousands of hours of work put into an original concept, digitally hand-drawn graphics (textures, sprites, frame by frame animations etc.), scripting, sound effects and level design, all by a one man dev team aiming to create a unique game with a unique atmosphere.
➣ Six to eight hours of good 'ol singleplayer action with five difficulties including Brutalizing, which changes the gameplay to allow interesting second playthroughs (different fights & pick-ups, companions etc.).
➣ It's very light on storage (under 300mb) and well optimized. It's also portable so no DRM and no online ties either - you buy it, it's yours!
My aim is to research classic game design and refresh the valuable bits we've lost in an experience that ultimately rewards the player through learning and investment rather than through mechanically administered gratification.
Hedon is an oldschool game, and that's pretty much enough of a description. You will be dropped in a hostile world that has its own workings, characters and intrigues, and you will be expected to fend for yourself. The build up is slow and steady, the story is consistent, the combat is fast paced and ruthless. You will sometimes find yourself lost in a non linear level design with various aesthetics (forest, caves, forge, barracks, snowy mountain etc.) where exploration and learning by yourself is the key to improve.
You may find that Hedon takes a certain amount of inspiration from games such as Unreal, Blood, Thief, Arx Fatalis, Serious Sam etc. but nonetheless aims to be original at all times.
You play as Zan (any similarity with the creator's username is a pure coincidence), a half Orc - half Demon warrior who wakes up in a caved in tunnel with no memory of how she ended up there. The first episode will focus on our hero's descent into a strange underground world which is threatened by the sudden attack of a massive Cultist force.
There are certain races and factions populating the world of Hedon.
The Iron Division
A faction of amazon-like Orcs and Goblins, the Iron Division are the keepers Hedon's greatest secret - the crystal technology. Various magical crystals sprawl across the underground, providing energy, heat, oxygen and often forming entire biomes around them. Combining this power with crafting and the ancient art of magic, the Iron Division has founded a whole new civilization within their mountain stronghold known as Valc.
Fallen to sin, the raving husks of what were once human now worship various figures of the Underworld. Little can be done to cull their addiction to pain and suffering. Little but a spray of frag fire or an explosive bolt that is...
Chaotic Demons dwell in the deepest parts of Hedon, lashing out at the weaker minds of the inhabitants of the Overworld. Along the ages, they have subdued entire towns to become their cultist slaves and feed their endless hunger through pain and suffering. Demons only care about feeding, and they will stop at nothing to do so.
Ancient dwellers of the underground, Minotaurs and Dwarves have built their own civilizations, ever clenched in warfare with the Demons spawning from below. However, their great cities and heritage were lost hundreds of years after their inevitable defeat in front of Hell's armies, and now they have been scattered and forced to live in small clans and towns.
iamfailtacular - story collaboration/world building, brainstorming
Akhzul - Hedon's OST dedicated composer. A one guitar man band.
Alexander Brandon - The man himself. If you enjoyed the soundtracks of Deus Ex or Unreal, then you're in for a few pleasant surprises. I bought few licenses for some of his personal tracks (and other songs that didn't make it in Deus Ex/Unreal) and fit them into Hedon!
Breathelast - A band of underground sharks who pitched in with instrumental tracks of their songs. Also one of my favorite bands ever.
Methadone Skies - Another solid band from the underground, guilty of creating dreamlike musical atmosphere.
Shivaxi & Xenofish - 5 Michelin Star chef and his cool friend who made an awesome remix for Alexander Brandon's Underworld.
Coding/Scripting/Resource Management: SLADE3
Level Design: GZDoom Builder
Graphic Design (Textures, Sprites, Animations etc.): Adobe Photoshop Elements 8, Clip Studio Paint
3D Modelling: Blender
Sound Editing/Recording/Mixing: Audacity
44. Deuterium Wars
Deuterium Wars is a multiplayer cross-platform breakneck-paced shooter that combines high dynamic fights with an extensive role-playing system. Work your way up from rookie in a “rust bucket” to experienced pilot in a high-tech combat aircraft that’s equipped with lots of deadly gadgets. With a variety of combat modes, futuristic arenas, multi-level craft, developed trading, and a social eco-system, you’ll never have time to be bored!FEATURESWELCOME TO ALTHANAR
Thirty years ago, a massive asteroid almost destroyed Althanar. A high-tech Dome absorbed most of the strike and now keeps the planet from total destruction. Although part of Altanar is a post-apocalyptic desert, some areas still have megalopolises, military bases, and even wilderness. Now, a serious battle for power and control of rare deuterium resources has begun. Deuterium lies at the heart of most technologies, including fueling the Dome.BATTLE FIERCELY LIKE NEVER BEFORE
High dynamic fights keep the player engaged throughout the battle. In order to win, reaction and tactical thinking are equally important, as well as team play and the right priorities, depending on the battle mode. A fierce soundtrack and special effects reinforce the sensation of being fully immersed in battle.BECOME THE MAKER OF A REAL DEATH MACHINE
Combat vehicles are made from components that the player acquires in various ways. A trustworthy machine gun, a powerful cannon, or an experimental beam gun: the choice is yours. The same goes for armor, engine, and hundreds of additional gadgets and their modifiers.BE A CRAFTSMAN OR A TRADER
As usual in this genre, you can outfit your ship before flight. The system of craft and trading allows you to even convert junk into a valuable part that can be sold for profit! Players will enjoy all the possibilities for customization; ship parts can be painted or patterned and decorative elements can be added.BATTLE ON THE SINGLE SERVER
Apart from the PC version, a version for mobile platforms and consoles is being prepared. Thanks to unique controls, players from all over the world will battle on a single server in equal conditions regardless of the platform chosen. At home, on the road, or at work: the game will always be with you.
45. Putty Pals
Putty Pals is a colorful, feel-good adventure of squishy teamwork to share with a friend!
Two adorable bouncing blobs are lost far from home, and only teamwork, communication and a whole lot of hilarious mistakes will guide them back. Sitting side-by-side on the couch, you and a friend will glide, bounce, squish and swing your way through a vibrant cartoon landscape, solving puzzles, avoiding danger and uncovering hidden secrets.
Putty Pals isn’t just a single-player game that two people can play together. It’s been designed from the ground up to be a cooperative two-player experience.
- Color-based puzzles mean both players have important jobs to do
- Flatten yourself into a trampoline to bounce your friend to new heights
- Communication is key: you won’t get anywhere if you don’t talk to each other
- Use any combination of game controllers and keyboard to play together
You know what Putty Pals isn’t? BROWN! Play as colorful characters in a colorful world and enjoy a fun, feel-good experience that will leave you smiling.
- Featuring cute characters with adorable animations
- Hilarious character voices that will make you giggle
- Explore locations from explosive Mt Puttuvius to frozen Puttarctica
Share hours of fun with your co-op buddy as you bounce your way through a bonanza of challenges and collectibles.
- 18 full-sized levels, plus 16 bonus unlockable mini-levels for extra challenge
- Cunningly hidden secrets and taxing time trials will keep you coming back for more
- Collectors rejoice! Steam trading cards and over 20 achievements to discover
Is there a solo mode?
Putty Pals was built to be co-op, which means you need two characters on-screen to solve its puzzles. However, for an extra challenge you can sit at your keyboard alone and control both characters at once. It’s tricky, but it can be done!
Can I play online?
We wanted Putty Pals to be a pure, old-school couch co-op game, so we designed it for two players to enjoy sitting side-by-side. We don’t feel that online play creates the same sense of shared playfulness, so Putty Pals is local co-op only.
Dragonpath is a fast-paced top-down hack'n'slash RPG with abilities tied to equipment rather than classes. The game takes place in a broken underground realm inhabited by vicious monsters and few struggling remnants of civilization.
Baptised in the dragon’s fire the champion yearns for vengeance; the master’s nemesis must fall. Master the ruthless combat, carve a bloody path through the depths of this ruined world and take the fight to the wretched being festering in the abyss.Features
- Campaign with 15 levels divided into 4 chapters
- Singleplayer, local co-op (2 players) and online co-op (up to 4 players)
- Abilities are tied to equipped items instead of classes
- 20+ bosses and 30+ enemy types
- 90+ items to find and plenty of enchants to modify them
- Customizable hair style
Do you dare to walk the Dragonpath?
Cause some distress in this fast paced arcade platformer. Speed through each arena taking on vampires, rescuing hostages, disarming bombs, hacking servers and much more. Super tight and responsive controls let you take on the darkness with precision and style. Balance frenetic action with split second choices, and watch your back - you never know what direction the next vamp will come from! Armed with her powerful ultraviolet shotgun, Ra, make the undead see the light; or get in close and personal with devastating melee attacks. Or maybe, save up your shots and use Damsel’s powerful (and deadly) dash.
String together attacks and movement while collecting the mysterious arcane skulls that litter each environment. Challenge yourself to pull off combos and special moves and wear your high score as a badge of honor! Experiment in each mission to discover that perfect sequence of moves and shots that maximise your effectiveness. Damsel is a ballet, and you're the choreographer.
- Super fast, frantic gameplay with that "just one more go!" feel.
- Quick, nimble platforming in over a dozen beautiful environments.
- Bite sized missions, for those with busy schedules.
- Use your enemies and environment to your advantage. Temp your foes into taking each other out, then go in and clean up the rest.
- Rack up massive scores and hit the top of the leaderboard by completing bonus challenges and performing tricky moves.
- Play through the game in campaign mode, where you can hone your skills, or arcade mode, a classic challenge that sorts the women from the girls.
- Coffin loads of extra challenges and bonuses to extend your play time.
- Awesome original soundtrack.
48. Serpent in the Staglands
A campaign within the world of Vol, a fully realized setting inspired by the late bronze age in a Transylvanian landscape, with unique politics, races and gods steeped in history. Featuring a chosen party of five, you role-play Necholai, a minor god of a celestial body who descends to the Staglands for a moonlit festival only to find the way home blocked and immortality slipping away. Seeking answers and aid, you take on a mortal body and the guise of a traveling Spicer. This isn't a story of good and evil, saving the world or being a hero, it's about intrigue and your adventure of survival in a harsh land.
While the game rolls the dice for you, you'll traverse the Staglands on a path narrated by your own wits and choices. A tabletop inspired experience with adventure-game like navigation, Serpent in the Staglands offers no auto-populating map markers, checklist quest grinding and rigid story exposition.
Examine hand-drawn maps in your inventory for secret locations, diagrams of foreign languages, note encounters of interest in your in-game journal and figure out on your own how best to smuggle Spices. Roleplay, investigate, and pray to the RNG god when combat begins.Serpent in the Staglands features:
- Party-based, real time with pause combat focused on macro tactical decisions and creative party skill combinations
- Classless role-playing system: create builds via any combination of the over 100 magic, combat and aptitude skills available to create or find up to 5 unique characters
- Non-linear storyline to explore as your adventure allows
- No level scaling or story-blocked map barriers impede your adventure
- Dynamic item use, including an incantation book, hand-drawn maps, and a herbology kit for brewing potions
- Combat designed for minimal pause spamming and without cooldowns, instead focusing on pre-buffing, positioning and auto-triggering skills
- An unmarked map filled with wilderness, cities, towers, temples, dungeons and caverns to explore.
- Write your own journal notes for quests, puzzles and leads as you investigate. The game won't hold your hand or tell you what to do.
- Huge variety of enemies and challenges, including monsters, rogue mages and mutilated outlaws, which all can have the same spells and skills you do
For more gameplay information and official forums, please visit: http://serpentinthestaglands.com
49. Blue Horizon
Blue Horizon is a story driven first person open world game, it has been developed over the last three years to be entertaining and exciting, giving the player a glimpse into a fantasy world of pirates, enemies, plunder, treasure and adventure on the high seas!
The year is 1686, and you have been marooned on a desert island, you must first escape and acquire a ship and the weapons to survive, then hunt down the evil Captain Bloodbeard seeking assistance along the way.
Blue Horizon has been created so the player is in a large open world environment. With each part of the game although separate can be explored without the player noticing.
Many different activities including:
- Melee and ranged combat;
- Crafting and maintaining vessels;
- Charting a course and navigating around the world to the various islands;
- Utilizing cannons on both ship and land to defeat pirate ships;
- Dialogues with over 50 other unique characters;
- Discovering civilized populations and tribal villages;
- Exploring large cave systems and the interiors of buildings of the settlers and natives;
- Maintaining an inventory of equipment and items;
- Trading, buying and selling with currency;
- Salvage from wrecks on the sea floor using a diving bell;
- Completing main and side quests with reoccurring tasks;
- Hunting animals;
- Harvesting crops and trees;
- Operating machinery;
- Finding treasure and plundering loot from destructible containers and environments;
- Fighting giant bosses;
- Save your progress at certain points to continue the adventure later;
- The game will be available in a number of languages;
- Steam achievements;
There is only one level. Always view able on the horizon. The player must discover each location in order to explore it. Locations can be discovered by talking to NPCs (Non-Playable characters), or following maps found. Once a location has been found it can be traveled to and from using a ship.
Tropical Islands with towns, villages, forts, dunes, mountains, cave systems, giant caverns, ship wrecks, and forests all lay in wait for the player to find and explore.
There is a day-night cycle, dozens of different species of animal, and plant in the sky, land and sea to all add for maximum immersion in the environment.
Inventory and Items
Weapons, equipment, books, valuable loot are found laying around, in containers or purchased from shops and peddlers, looted from enemies, or given as rewards for completing tasks previously given. Keys are required for some doors too.
Equipment or a pistol can also be equipped in the left hand such as the Lantern for seeing in dark caves. Provisions are needed to restore health, (or if you can find a stream), enhancement items can also be found or purchased.
To progress, you must complete tasks given from NPCs or from instructions found. The NPCs will be grateful, whether they are for the main quest or side missions. Tasks may involve collecting, farming, building, hunting, slaying or completing another task. Hidden stashes, side quests and Bounty hunting are available too.
There are dangerous islands, and relatively safe islands. Unique foes await, be they Pirates, animals or strange creatures, and non-human. Some enemies are weak, some are strong and have various short and long range attacks. Some individuals you encounter will be docile until provoked, in which case they may attack as a group.
Melee combat with over 20 types of hand held weaponry.
Ranged combat by utilize cannons on your ship or in towns or forts to defeat enemy Pirates.
Use a flintlock pistol to blast your enemies away.
Build a raft to pilot and escape being marooned. Charter and ship and be in control of its destination, its cannons, and use a diving bell to search the sea bed. Repair your ship when it gets damaged.
Enemy ships plague the player too. Captain Bloodbeard's ship is the main aggressor. The seas contain marauding Pirate ships which you may encounter when going from island to island.
Official Page: http://www.bluehorizongame.com
We are on Facebook, Twitter, IndieDb.
50. Last Horizon
A minimal, atmospheric space survival & exploration game, set to deep ambient music.
Pilot the last vessel of a fallen civilization into the vast unknown, in search of a new habitable world.
Carefully land on the planets you will encounter to gather terraforming resources and space-faring human survivors for the final destination... skillful piloting and the balanced management of fuel, oxygen & hull integrity are key.
Explore and harvest to create a beautiful and harmonious new world, but take too much and you might incur the wrath of sentient alien life...