The best games like Return to Zork are:
- arrow_rightMETAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
- arrow_rightBrothers - A Tale of Two Sons
- arrow_rightTom Clancy’s The Division
- arrow_rightCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- arrow_rightCall of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
- arrow_rightSaints Row: Gat Out of Hell
- arrow_rightWarhammer: End Times - Vermintide
- arrow_rightLEGO The Hobbit
100 Best Games Like Return to Zork:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (45)
- PlayStation 4 (60)
- iOS (37)
- Android (20)
- macOS (89)
- Linux (44)
- Nintendo Switch (12)
- Nintendo 3DS (3)
- Nintendo DS (3)
- Xbox 360 (45)
- Xbox (6)
- PlayStation 3 (52)
- PlayStation 2 (12)
- PlayStation (16)
- PS Vita (12)
- PSP (9)
- Wii U (6)
- Wii (11)
- GameCube (5)
- Nintendo 64 (3)
- Game Boy Advance (4)
- SNES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (3)
- Commodore / Amiga (1)
- Genesis (1)
- SEGA Saturn (3)
- SEGA CD (2)
- Dreamcast (3)
- 3DO (1)
1. METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is a standalone prologue for the main entry of the series, Phantom Pain. As Snake now is the Big Boss, Ground Zeroes follows Peace Walker entry some little time after it. Considering that Paz Ortega Andrade has died, MSF starts to work in different ways when suddenly there is information that Paz is being detained by Camp Omega on Cuba. The situation becomes even worse when Ricardo "Chico" Libre is sent for rescue and being captured as well. Snake is now headed to Cuba to save them or confirm their deaths.
Still being a stealth action game, spotting system has been changed in Ground Zeroes, as now there is now meters, and the player must navigate through his eyes and ears to understand if he's been spotted. Reflex Mode is also added to the game. When the player is spotted, there is a little gap of time in slow-motion to kill the enemy before he alarms everyone around him. As well now the iDroid system in the game can be connected to your phones in order to have a look at an in-game map.
2. Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons is a story about teamwork. Having a very curious setup, the story follows two brothers on a quest. With their mother dead and father being heavily ill, the only way to save is to bring water from the Tree of Life. But on their way, they will have to challenge the world and themselves. Villages, mountains and forests, bullies, trolls and wolves will await Naiee and Naia on their journey.
With having such setup, the game found a perfect way to portray this world to the audience. The beautiful visual style and something in between adventure and a platformer make the game an exciting experience. Although that is not the most curious thing about the game. With having two brothers involved in a story, the game actually gives you an opportunity to control both of them. You can solve puzzles by simultaneously moving both of the characters. For example, one of your heroes must distract an enemy, and another is supposed to go behind. This amazing feature provides you with one of the most unique experiences as you play two characters at once.
3. Tom Clancy’s The Division
Tom Clancy’s The Division is an action shooter in a third-person perspective with role-playing elements. The game includes both single and multiplayer (co-op) experience. Playing for The Division agent gamers will fight against the sources of virus throughout the city to save America from the terrible cataclysm. The main action is set in New York City, so players have an opportunity to explore an open-world Manhattan infected with the dangerous pandemic. According to the storyline, the disease called “Green Poison” or “The Dollar Flu” appeared as a result of a failed experiment and spread with dollar banknotes on Black Friday 2015. Players should assume a role of The Strategic Homeland Division agent whose aim is to clear the city and to prevent further extension of the pandemic. The gameplay is about completing the missions, earning experience points (for the player progress) and currency (for upgrading the equipment level), and gradual fight against infection. Due to properly worked out high-quality textures all the objects and the city itself are meant to be willingly destructible for the improvement of gaming experience.
4. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
The fourth installment of a popular series, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is split into two different, gameplay-wise, parts. The single-player campaign invites players to go through the episodic story, where players control six different characters. And even though the stories are taking place in different locations, the events of the campaign are happening simultaneously, creating the sense of urgency and painting a large-scale picture of the events.
Multiplayer side of things in the Call of Duty series has been more popular among the players. A lot of features, not present in the single-player campaign, will be available to the player, such as a killstreak mechanic, that rewards players for killing multiple enemies without dying. Multiplayer maps consist of team-based and deathmatch based game modes, where players take on the objectives in order to complete the map mission or to obtain the largest amount of kills. Depending on how well the player does, they will be rewarded with experience points, which will allow them to level up and unlock new weapons, abilities, and perks for the playable classes.
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
Released in 2016, the remastered version of one of the most revolutionary parts of the annual Call of Duty series. In 2007, the series moved from historical scenery to modern, got a new more advanced graphics thanks to the freshly-released consoles and presented to the players a hardcore fast-paced multiplayer. The latter is still wanted by hardcore fans, which gave the publisher Activision Blizzard a reason to remaster the game.
In the new version, developers from the Raven Software did their best to rebuild the experience (the original game was developed by Infinity Ward). The game is available for purchase, as a separate product, and as part of a bundle. Owners of the original version of the game can get Remastered for free - you need to have the original disk for this or digital purchase. The re-released game did not change the gameplay in any way: it is still a fast-paced first-person shooter. The story campaign, during which the player takes control of several characters, also has not changed. Most of the changes turned out to be cosmetic and allowed the new studio to add new technologies to the original game: for example, while prone and moving, the weapon touching the ground will vibrate the controller. Also in the single-player campaign, new cheat codes were added, such as exaggerated physics and the ability to replace heads on the shoulders of virtual people with watermelons.
The main changes lie in multiplayer, which pulled up to the standard of modern games of the series. In place, there were the same modes, the same weapons, and perks. Added new ones, like the Prop Hunt mode, in which players turn into nonliving objects and hide on the map. New content is available as the challenges unfold.
6. Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell is an action-adventure game, a standalone DLC that serves as an epilogue to Saints Row IV. The Boss is taken by Satan to Hell in order to marry Satan’s daughter Jezebel. Saints lieutenants Johnny Gat and Kinzie Kensington follow them to rescue The Boss. You can play as one of the lieutenants.
The game is set in an open world of New Hades, consisting of five islands, that you can explore flying around. This world is full of side quests, collectibles and other activities that you need to complete to progress through the story. While you can’t customize your character, you obtain superpowers, including summoning demons to support you during the battle, magic aura to confuse enemies, and demon weapons. The core gameplay is third-person shooting but with a twist: instead of bullets your new guns will shoot with explosive toads and locust.
In general, Gat Out of Hell follows the spirit of the franchise, supporting its fast pace and absurd tone that turns another mafia game in a colorful burlesque.
7. Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
This multiplayer-only game based on the popular Warhammer Fantasy franchise is set in the End Time era of this setting. The plot is centered around the city of Ubersreik that was recently taken over by a horde of rat-like monsters called Skavens. The players, who can team up in groups of up to four, are tasked with cleaning the streets from the dirty invaders. There are thirteen levels with different objectives, some of which involve collecting certain items or protecting a city well from being poisoned.
The gameplay is strongly reminiscent of that in Left 4 Dead series, in which the protagonists have to slaughter monsters coming in large numbers, using both melee and ranged weapons. There are five character classes, each with its unique specialization: the Dwarf Ranger and the Empire Soldier are strong and slow, the Witch Hunter and the Waywatcher are the fast scouts, and the Bright Wizard uses magic. On the levels, the players can find item perks that either restore health or ammo or buff the character. It is essential to fairly distribute the perks across the party, especially since every player can only have one perk in each category at a time.
8. LEGO The Hobbit
LEGO The Hobbit is another installment in the LEGO series of games adapted from popular movie franchises. It is based on the first two films in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit film trilogy, that was, in turn, adapted from John R.R. Tolkien's book of the same name. Like with all LEGO games, its visual style imitates a world that is entirely made of LEGO constructions and inhabited by mini-figures.
The game follows the plot of the movies rather than the original book. LEGO The Hobbit recreates The Hobbit story using voice samples from the movies, while also parodying it with the addition of the tongue-in-cheek humor. The plot takes place in the high fantasy world of Middle-Earth. Bilbo Baggins, the main protagonist, is a hobbit. He lived a peaceful life until one day a company of thirteen dwarves and the wizard named Gandalf called him to join them on an adventure. Bilbo and his new friends left out on a quest to reconquer the dwarves' home, the Lonely Mountain, and its treasures from the wicked dragon Smaug.
The player controls the Thorin's party, switching between characters when needed. Each character has his unique abilities, such as climbing or shooting arrows. The game is divided into a series of short, linear levels that correspond to certain scenes in the movies. On the way, the player has to smash objects made of LEGO and sometimes use them to assemble new objects. The game also has a cooperative multiplayer for two.
9. Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Guacamelee! Gold Edition is the enhanced edition of Guacamelee! that features all downloadable content for the original game and supports Steam Workshop to create and share custom character skins. In its core Guacamelee! is a 2D Metroidvania with platforming and brawling elements.
Guacamelee! is set in an open Mexico-stylized world, full of stereotypes and cultural references. You take on the role of an ordinary farmer named Juan Aguacate. Killed by an evil skeleton, you are brought back to life to save your love interest. The game follows the rules of the Metroidvania genre but has a twist: as you are revived, during your adventures you can switch between the land of the dead and the world of the living.
Aside from that Guacamelee! is focused on exploration and hand-to-hand fights. While progressing through the story, you get new abilities such as movement upgrades and the necessity to match colors of your attacks and certain obstacles.
10. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
THE OLD WEST, 1864. In order to save their family, the McCall brothers will kill anyone who stands between them and the legendary Gold of Juarez. But when the allure of women and money tests their bond as brothers, will the blood they share prove to be thicker?
Become a Gunslinger Harness a variety of weapons from various pistols to heavy-caliber cannons and machine guns. Every accurate shot increases your concentration, which allows you to unleash deadly shooting modes when outnumbered and even deadlier ones when the brothers work together.
Dual Collaborative Gameplay Choose to embody Ray or Thomas, each with a distinctive gameplay style (close- or long-range), specific abilities (lasso, dynamite, etc.) and arsenal of deadly weapons (dual guns, long-range carbine, etc.). Take advantage of each of their strengths and you just might survive some of the fiercest fights imaginable.
Never-Before-Seen Western Experience Experience iconic settings full of outlaws in the West before it was tamed. The McCall brothers face a renegade Apache Chief, a greedy Mexican bandit, a vindictive colonel just a few of the underhanded villains standing in the brothers way. Explore the vast natural landscapes of the mythical Wild West and its legendary period on horseback and in wagons and canoes.
Innovative Online Multiplayer Unique modes, numerous maps and a variety of classes guarantee endless hours of Wild West action.
Please note that as of August 2016, the online features for this game are no longer supported. The Multiplayer mode / Co-op mode will no longer be accessible.
11. Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter is a detective game created by Frogwares. It is the direct continuation of Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments - another game made by the same studio and is the eighth part of a series.
Five cases are present in the game. These cases are detective stories, that are linked with each other and continue the stories of the previous Sherlock Holmes games. The game follows Sherlock Holmes and his companion, Doctor Watson, and their daily lives solving the mysterious crimes.
There are five different, yet interconnected, criminal cases are available for the players to investigate and solve. Some of these cases continue the story of the previous games.
The game's gameplay is mostly the same as the same as the previous game, Crimes & Punishments. The game takes the players at the crime scenes, where one examines it, finds clues while using several helping items, such as a magnifying glass, talks to witnesses and suspects, interrogates other characters and interacts with items. There is a mini-game which resembles Holmes' deductive method, which helps the players make an assumption.
The players can now inspect any character they meet in-game and analyze their look. This is used to create a psychological portrait of the encountered character.
12. Dead Island Definitive Edition
The game that re-defined the zombie genre - fully remastered.Paradise meets Hell!Welcome to the zombie apocalypse experience of a lifetime – and now more beautiful than ever. Caught in the midst of an epic zombie outbreak on the tropical island of Banoi, your only thought is: Survive!The Dead Island ExperienceSmash heads, crack skulls and slice ‘em up with visceral astounding melee combat and true story-based 4 player co-op in a sprawling open world just waiting for exploration.Features
- Includes all previously released DLC!
- Fully remastered: Experience Dead Island in crisp full HD with Improved graphics, game models and a photorealistic lighting system with physically based shading
- Adrenaline-Fuelled Combat: Smash heads, crack skulls and slice ‘em up with the weapon of your choice in the visceral astounding melee combat
- Seamless Coop Multiplayer: Collaborate with your friends, live through a story of the struggle for survival in a world gone mad
- Discover the Island: Explore the island paradise; from the deserted city, secluded beaches and vast highlands – discover the story behind the zombie outbreak
- Experience the atmosphere: Experience the dense atmosphere - feel the destruction, the horror and madness. Immerse yourself in the turmoil that is taking place on the Island.
Categories in common with Dead Island Definitive Edition: Action
13. Grotesque Tactics 2 – Dungeons and Donuts
Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons & Donuts is the successor to the celebrated RPG-parody Grotesque Tactics. Experience an ironic story-driven RPG with humorous dialogue-puzzles in the style of Monkey Island as well as a strategic combat system, where your party members are controlled simultaneously.
Our story starts as the citizens of the Kingdom of Glory celebrate their victory over the Dark Church. While in the catacombs of their former enemies, their revelry is disturbed by a sudden all-encompassing fog. The citizens wrapped by the fog disappear screaming into nothing. Those that remain alive after the strange attack, barricade themselves in the depths of the catacombs. As time passes, food becomes scarce and the people of the Kingdom of Glory begin to realize that they might all meet their demise. The ‘heroic’ Knights of Glory, shady mercenaries and the arrogant high elves band together into guilds in order to survive and escape the dank catacombs. Unfortunately, the guilds are far too concerned with their distaste for each other and are oblivious to the awakening of dark forces in the dungeons below…
- Experience the thrilling, deadly and sometimes humorous turn-based combat.
- Join up with comrades-in-arms and create your own guild to help defeat the mighty bosses.
- Play babysitter as you alleviate conflict amongst your party, so they attack the enemy and not each other.
- Each guild member has a talent tree to improve and specialize their skills after your advancements.
- You can choose from three different factions; the High Elves, the Mercenary Guild or the Kingdom of Glory.
- Each faction has an alternate ending depending on decisions made in the game.
- The story pokes fun at the RPG genre and popular games, such as Oblivion, Gothic and LOTR.
- Become a successful Guild Master by collecting gold and improving your reputation.
- Food is rare and has become the new currency - collect food, learn to cook and woo survivors to your side with delicious meals such as hippie grub, spider salami, or the zombie cocktail!
- Different levels of difficulty make sure that both beginners and experts will enjoy the game.
14. Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past
When the king asked a famous alchemist to look into the murder of his most trusted agent, the last thing the alchemist expected was to discover an intricate network of criminals working from the shadows to bring chaos to the land. Conduct the investigation as a shapeshifter and uncover a conspiracy that threatens to shake the foundations of the kingdom.
CONDUCT AN INVESTIGATION IN A FAIRYTALE KINGDOM!
When the ruler of the realm asks you to investigate a series of killings, a seemingly straightforward murder case turns out to be the tip of an iceberg as more and more secrets come to light!
MEET LEGENDARY HEROES IN 48 HAND-DRAWN SCENES!
During your detective adventure, you'll encounter many larger than life characters from myths and fairy tales. You'll help Little Red Riding Hood, come face to face with Robin Hood, and interact with many other legendary characters!
MASTER YOUR ALCHEMIC ABILITIES AND BECOME A SHAPESHIFTER!
Perfect your potion-making skills to prepare powerful elixirs that will allow you to change your physical form. Then use this ability to solve intricate riddles and crack the mysterious murder case.
DECIPHER 26 PUZZLES AND EXPLORE 25 HIDDEN OBJECT SCENES!
Test your wits and use your special abilities to tackle seemingly insurmountable obstacles in this epic adventure! Solve the murder and save the kingdom before it's too late!
- Use your investigative skills to thwart the conspirators!
- Explore the kingdom as a shapeshifter!
- Lend legendary fairytale characters a helping hand!
- Solve numerous HO scenes to discover a shocking truth!
15. 1 Moment Of Time: Silentville
Silentville was a small, undistinguished town. But most of all, it was silent. Nothing special ever happened there, until...
One sunny summer day, when, as usual, nothing unusual was happening, a very unusual storm came out of nowhere...
It's the kind of thing you don't quickly forget. Rumbling thunder, lightening... at times it appeared that the heavens themselves had fallen to the ground.
From that moment on, the people in Silentville started disappearing - one by one. Even the visitors suddenly disappeared without a trace.
Airplanes and birds, trains and pedestrians, drivers, tourists and even bicyclers - all of them have vanished!
This is the story of Silentville - a town with no future, no past and no present. A town lost to forever - unless someone can solve the mystery and release Silentville from its cursed non-existence.
But should that someone fail, they will be trapped in Silentville... forever!
For all players we'll offer a bunch of adorable collection of collectible items - 10 trading cards, 10 backgrounds and 10 amazing emoticons!
16. Sid Meier's Pirates!
Sid Meier’s Pirates is an action-adventure strategy game, a remake of 1987 game of the same name. It’s set in an open world around the Caribbean islands. The game features numerous activities, including sailing and exploration, ship battles, trading and diplomacy.
The core gameplay of the game is sailing among the islands, cities and colonies. Every tip on the map provides great opportunities for both economic issues and fights, as you can attack ships and capture cities; some battles include sword fighting mini-game. Completing different quests, you will gain diplomacy points of one of the in-game factions. This will reveal additional options, such as dancing with a governor's daughter at a ball. The game also features AI historical pirates, such as Henry Morgan and Blackbeard.
While the story aspect is not in focus of this game, there’s a little background of the hero you play as. After customizing your character, you start as a sailor under the command of a very harsh captain. One day the riot begins, and you become the new captain. Since then you can explore the world and do everything you want together with your crew.
17. Risen 3 - Titan Lords
Risen 3: Titan Lords is the final part of the Risen trilogy, a medieval-themed action RPG set in a fantasy world. The game isn’t directly connected to the events of Risen and Risen 2: Dark Waters but features several characters and locations from them.
You take on the role of the unnamed protagonist whose soul was stolen by a demon. You can return it with a magician’s help but you need to join one of three in-game factions, like in other Risen games. This leads to multiple quests you complete to gain the respect of your mentors. The story is non-linear; almost all locations are available from the very beginning.
Titan Lords uses the upgraded version of Dark Waters’ combat system that features sword and gunfights and using magic. All skills are upgradeable. The game includes both land and sea missions. A new gameplay feature is karma that affects your relationship with NPCs. The protagonist can become conditionally good or evil depending on his choices. However, his karma won’t define the game’s ending.
18. Friday the 13th: The Game
Friday the 13th: The Game is a third-person horror, survival game where players take on the role of a teen counselor, or for the first time ever, Jason Voorhees. You and six other unlucky souls will do everything possible to escape and survive while the most well-known killer in the world tracks you down and brutally slaughters you. Friday the 13th: The Game will strive to give every single player the tools to survive, escape or even try to take down the man who cannot be killed. Each and every gameplay session will give you an entirely new chance to prove if you have what it takes not only to survive, but to best the most prolific killer in cinema history, a slasher with more kills than any of his rivals!
Meanwhile, Jason will be given an array of abilities to track, hunt and kill his prey. Stalk from the shadows, scare your targets and kill them when the time is right in as brutal a fashion as you can imagine. Take control of the legendary killer that is Jason Voorhees and terrify those unfortunate enough to cross your path!
Play as Jason Voorhees!
For the first time ever, you will have the opportunity to play as Jason Voorhees, the most famous killer in horror. Stalk your prey, ambush them whenever you see fit and strike fear in the hearts of so many hapless victims as you become the legend himself! Friday the 13th: The Game will include a variety of kills, new and familiar, that will help you set the tone for the Jason Voorhees that you want to be. You’ll even get to unlock various Jason incarnations from the movies!
Jason will be equipped with a terrifying array of abilities, giving you the control of a hunter at the height of his game. These are his woods, and he knows them all too well. Jason will not only feed off the fear of his victims, but will become stronger as the night progresses. The darker the night, the more terrifying Jason becomes!
Fans of the movies will be able to play as various versions of Jason, including:
Friday the 13th, Part II
Friday the 13th, Part III
Friday the 13th, Part VI: Jason Lives
Friday the 13th, Part VII: New Blood
Friday the 13th, Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
How Will You Survive?
The entire focus of Friday the 13th: The Game is multiplayer. Survival is entirely up to you, the player, as you either stealthily hide from Jason or work together as a team to escape or bring the fight to Jason. Playing as a counselor is all about risk and reward, giving players multiple means of triumph over Jason! Want to hide in the woods as you wait for the police? Perhaps you want to band together and try to take on Jason as a group? Maybe you and a friend decide to fix the boat on the lake and escape while leaving everyone else to their fate? There are endless opportunities to survive the night, but every choice has a consequence.
Friday the 13th: The Game will continually set the pace of change, giving you unfamiliar surroundings while Jason Voorhees looks for his latest victim. No single strategy will ever be reliable, forcing players to adapt and change each time they begin their long night in Camp Blood! Be wary, you never know when or where Jason is going to strike!
Play as the Counselors!
We all remember the various tropes from Friday the 13th, and the game will be no exception! Each counselor type will have strengths and weaknesses, affording players the chance to excel in certain situations. Find the counselor that best suits your play style, or come up with various strategies to win against Jason! Players will have the chance to continually update and improve their characters through unlocks, customization and improvement! The more you play, the more you adapt and become a better all-around counselor!
Camp Crystal Lake in All Its Glory!
Mirroring Camp Crystal Lake from the Friday the 13th series, players will try to survive not only in the iconic Camp Crystal Lake, but surrounding area. Iconic locations from the movies, like Higgins Haven will also serve as stalking grounds for Jason and his prey.
Players will be given a large, open area in which to explore as they attempt to hide from certain death! Each gameplay session will fundamentally change the scenario, never affording players the opportunity to learn patterns or figure out where helpful items may be lying. With each movie giving a different feeling to the campgrounds, Friday the 13th: The Game gives you new and challenging situations every time you enter the woods!
Your Crystal Lake Database
Friday the 13th: The Game will feature a progressive unlock system unified to your account. The longer you play, the more you'll unlock from counselor customization to new Jason Voorhees costumes seen in the movies! Besides giving you personalized camp counselors, you'll be able to unlock secrets within Camp Crystal Lake, exploring the mystery surrounding Jason Voorhees and the grounds he patrols!
Be Kind. Rewind.
Every aspect of Friday the 13th: The Game
is drawn straight from movies you know and love. We’ve carefully crafted this world to remind you of
everything you remember about Friday the 13th, right down to the visual fidelity of the 80’s. This is exactly how you remember it.
19. Homeworld Remastered Collection
Homeworld Remastered Collection is a remastered collection of real-time space strategies Homeworld and Homeworld 2 including all their expansion packs developed by Gearbox Software.
For eternity, the people living on Kharak were certain, that this planet is not their homeworld. There was a Question of Origin, which could not be answered by any scientific research. A spaceship crashes on the planet's surface. A Guidestone and a hyperengine were discovered. The people of Kharak unite to build a spaceship and set off to find their true origin.
Homeworld is a real-time strategy, which takes place in space. Like in most strategy games, the gameplay focuses on gathering resources, building armies, and using them to annihilate the enemies or complete tasks. There are both singleplayer and multiplayer modes available to the players.
The singleplayer campaign consists of a number of levels. On each level, the players have a primary objective with several side-quests which can change as the mission progresses.
The main ship of the fleet serves as a mothership, which can build other ships. The mothership cannot move. There are immovable objects on every level, which can be mined using special ships that will take the ores to the mothership. These resources are later used to build new ships, such as miners or attack vessels.
Remastered Edition featured
The gameplay was left untouched by Gearbox Software. Only the graphics and the UI got heavily refined.
20. Gauntlet Slayer Edition
Gauntlet is a top-down hack-and-slash game a part of the long-running Gauntlet series.
Like the original 1985 arcade game, in Gauntlet player takes a role of one of four characters and fights their way through several dungeons. The game revolves around slaying hordes of enemies, killing bosses, acquiring points and unlocking new abilities. There are four players to choose from Barbarian, Valkyrie, Elf, and Wizard. Each of them has the unique set of weapons and abilities. The Barbarian is the strongest melee fighter in the game; Valkyrie has a shield and spear that allow her to pierce enemies from a distance, Elf can shoot arrows and throw bomb and Wizard can combine three elements to create different spells.
The game heavily relies on multiplayer. Up to four players can play cooperatively. Playing with other people requires coordination since some of the players’ abilities can hurt other players. Besides, all the loot and extra items in dungeons, such as food that recovers the characters’ HP, accrue to the first player that collects it.
The game was initially released only for PC. In 2015, it received an updated PlayStation 4 port with Slayer Edition subtitle. The update brought a new “Endless” game mode, new weapons and abilities, and some gameplay tweaks such as increased difficulty and replacement of the in-game shop with loadout system. The PC version also received the update.
21. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
Kidnapped and taken to an unfamiliar location, nine people find themselves forced to participate in a diabolical Nonary Game by an enigmatic mastermind called Zero. Why were they there? Why were they chosen to put their lives on the line as part of a dangerous life and death game? Who can be trusted? Tensions rise as the situation becomes more and more dire, and the nine strangers must figure out how to escape before they wind up dead.
- Two spine-tingling Nonary Games
Zero welcomes you to take part in both the Nonary Game and the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition as the award-winning escape-the-room visual novels Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (999) and its sequel, Virtue’s Last Reward (VLR), are together for the first time.
- A remastered and revamped Nine Hours
The well-received classic Nintendo DS game 999 has been updated with hi-res graphics and a variety of new features including both Japanese and English voice acting!
- Seek a way out
Search for clues within numerous locked rooms and solve mind-bending puzzles in order to escape. VLR even has two difficulty settings for more of a challenge.
- Fascinating theories and pseudo science ideas abound along the twisting, turning journey to uncover who Zero is, why everyone was kidnapped, and the shocking connection between the Nonary Games.
Categories in common with Zero Escape: The Nonary Games: Adventure
22. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition is an action-adventure game developed by Armature Studios. It is the direct continuation of Batman: Arkham Origins and is a canon installment of the Batman: Arkham series.
Three months after his first encounter with Joker, Bruce Wayne comes across the Catwoman who stole documents from a secret government organization. She is put in the Blackgate prison with the help of Batman. Two weeks later, the prisoners attempt an escape. The prison's staff is taken hostage, and the security detail is dead. Catwoman agrees to help Batman save the hostages.
Unlike the Arkham game series, Blackgate is a 2.5-dimensional game, like Metroid and Castlevania. However, the game does not use any features of such dimension and plays out like a usual 2D title.
The Protagonist walks from right to left clearing the prison out, saving the staff, and completing side-quests like finding items. Items can be detected using Batman's Detective Vision.
When Batman walks into a new area of the prison, there a chance of encountering a group of prisoners, which will attack him. All the enemies, apart from bosses, require two or three hits to be knocked out. Most of the game's fights can be avoided by using stealth. When the player clears a certain area of the prison out, it will remain clear of enemies until the end of the game.
23. Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Legacy of Kain: Defiance is an action-adventure with a focus on the puzzles and the battles developed by Eidos. The game is the fifth and the last installment in the LoK series.
The series share a common mechanics — the third-person view, and the abilities mechanics — the protagonist can shapeshift and use various spells. However, Defiance brought new elements into the franchise as it implements the exp system meaning that skills and upgrades for powers can be bought for the points you gain through the progression further. Defiance is also strictly linear — there is no actual open-world and player is forced to complete the stages and chapters one by one in the given order.
Another difference is playable characters — this is the part in which player can gain control of Kain and Raziel. The last difference is the weaponry: both Kain and Raziel possess only Soul Reaver in its different iterations — the previous games featured a more extensive variety.
The title is the direct successor of Soul Reaver 2. The story centers around Kain saving Raziel and encountering Moebius the Time Streamer for the explanation of what is happening after the time paradox in the world of Nosgoth's. The characters are out for a quest of sticking Nosgoth out of the troubles they inflicted on it.
24. Ghost of a Tale
Ghost of a tale is developed by a very small team. Lionel "Seith" Gallat does 90% of the art, design and coding. Paul Gardner is the game's writer and an experienced game designer. Cyrille Paulhiac does coding and develops tools. Jeremiah Pena is the game's composer, while Nicolas Titeux is responsible for sound design.
Verdun is an indie multiplayer squad-based FPS developed by M2H and Blackmill Games.
Verdun is set in the World War I period and is inspired by the French Battle of Verdun. The game is historically accurate, featuring multiple WWI weaponry, uniforms, and equipment. To display the horrors of war, the game also features a detailed injury and decapitation models.
Most of the matches of Verdun feature 32 players, yet it is possible to up that number to 64 in a private Frontlines mode match.
There are four game modes in Verdun:
The main mode is Frontlines, in which two teams fight over the sectors of an enormous and authentic frontline maps. Depicting the typical trench warfare of WWI, the players attack and counter-attack each other in turns. Each player is a part of a 4-player squad, with each squad having its own perks. 12 types of squads are available. Upon joining a squad, the players have to choose a class available to their squad type.
The Attrition Warfare mode is basically a common Team Deathmatch. Each team spawns with a number of tickets that deplete when a team member dies. The first team to lose all their tickets loses the match.
Squad Defense is a cooperative horde mode when a squad of players defend themselves from waves of opposing forces.
In Rifle Deathmatch, the players participate in a free-for-all deathmatch, where every player fights for themselves. Players can purchase attachments for their weapons after killing their enemies.
Moss™ is a single-player action-adventure puzzle game and new IP from Polyarc tailor-made for the VR platform. It combines classic components of a great game—such as compelling characters, gripping combat, and captivating world exploration—with the exciting opportunities of virtual reality.
As a special thank you to fans, Polyarc is gifting the full Moss digital soundtrack composed by two-time BAFTA award-winning composer Jason Graves to everyone who has purchased or will purchase Moss by August 17, 2018.
In Moss, players meet Quill, a young mouse with dreams of greatness beyond the confines of her settlement. While exploring the woods, she finds a mysterious Glass Relic and an ancient magic is awakened. With her uncle now in grave danger, Quill must embark on an epic journey—and she needs you there by her side. Together, you'll travel to forgotten realms, solve challenging puzzles, and battle menacing enemies. Alone, no one can conquer what you're up against. But united, you just may defeat even the darkest of villains.GameplayReach into The World of Moss
Your every action has meaning. Moss takes full advantage of today’s virtual reality technology, letting you move objects, battle enemies, and manipulate the field of play as the key ally to our hero, Quill.
Adventure to Fantastic Places
Travel to a lively world that hums with wonder and legend. Explore caves, forests, and foreboding ruins that are filled with ancient artifacts, mysterious creatures, and sprawling views.
Form a Unique Bond
Your abilities are complementary to Quill’s in an alliance for the ages. Combine classic, action-adventure controls with a world that responds to your touch. Solve puzzles, combat evil, and achieve victory together.
A Story Told Unlike Any Before
From its opening pages, Moss will draw you into a first-of-its-kind fully immersive world of myth and magic. Enjoy a rich tale of intriguing characters, illustrious artifacts, and legends old and new.Moss SoundtrackJason Graves brings to life the melodic and playful adventure in Moss from the hero Quill’s perspective. Graves accomplishes this by employing small and intimate-sounding instruments composed, arranged, and produced in a pastoral soundscape with enchanting Waltz-esque flair. The soundtrack consists of 11 in-game tracks with more than 57 minutes of music, including the bonus track “Home To Me,” featuring YouTube sensation Malukah.
NOTE: Gamers who purchase Moss by August 17, 2018 will find the free soundtrack in the DLC section of the game as part of the August 3, 2018 game update. Everyone has until August 17, 2018 to download the MP3 files before the soundtrack is removed from the DLC section of Moss.
27. TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT
Shell City is plunged into a state of emergency after coming under attack from the devastating forces of PHANTOM. Terrifying war machines, emblazoned with skulls, tear through the city leaving a trail of destruction in their wake! As the National Army struggle to contain PHANTOM, General Krenman sees the mammoth task at hand and calls upon the only thing that stands between Shell City’s obliteration and its salvation; the peanut chompin’, villain stompin’, PHANTOM romping BADASS Elephantidae…TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT! Aided by his faithful avian companion Picolo, it’s up to TEMBO to jump, smash, punch, swing, and butt stomp his way through the PHANTOM hordes as he aims to bring about the end of their tyrannical onslaught. Featuring 18 cleverly designed 2D side-scrolling levels, a whole host of deadly enemies and a unique comic book style art, TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT is the heaviest action adventure of the year…weighing in at about seven and a half tons of fun.
28. Lifeless Planet Premier Edition
While seeking life on a distant planet, an astronaut discovers an abandoned Russian town. He suspects his mission is a hoax until a mysterious young woman saves him from a strange and deadly phenomenon... Lifeless Planet is a third-person action-adventure that features an old-school sci-fi story and spectacular environments in the spirit of classic action-adventures.
After a hard landing on the planet, the astronaut discovers the planet that was reported to be rich with life is instead a barren wasteland. When he goes searching for his crew, he makes a more startling discovery: evidence that humans have already been to this planet years ago! When he comes upon a deserted Soviet-era Russian town, he struggles to make sense of his mission. Did his light-speed travel to the planet send him back in time? Or is this all some strange Cold War hoax?
Along the way, the astronaut meets a Russian woman, Aelita, who is somehow able to survive the hostile atmosphere of the planet. Through an unusual natural phenomenon, her skin causes the soil to glow green under her feet. The player must use these glowing tracks as a guide across the planet past treacherous and deadly threats. Is she leading him to safety... or an untimely death?
Lifeless Planet was inspired by Cold War era science fiction stories, posing questions about humankind's desire for space travel. What if you journeyed across the galaxy to another planet, only to find humans had already been there? What kind of person would sign up for a one-way mission, leaving behind planet Earth and everyone they've ever known and love... to go in search of an Earth-like planet?
Equipped with a limited-use jet-pack and a mobile robotic arm, the player must use wits and skill to solve puzzles, unravel the mystery, and survive the Lifeless Planet!
Explore 20 unique and atmospheric environments on a vast and treacherous planet.
Follow a mysterious young woman as she guides you past dangerous terrain and deadly life-forms.
Investigate the startling discovery of an abandoned Russian town.
Experience an exciting and intriguing story through rich graphics and cinematic cut-scenes.
29. The Magic Circle
You are the protagonist of an unfinished 1st person fantasy game, trapped in development hell. The designers (played by James Urbaniak, Ashly Burch, and Karen Dyer) are god-like, but so indecisive that they've given you no powers whatsoever. With the help of a mysterious disembodied voice (Stephen Russell) you must seize the tools of game development from these unworthy 'gods', uncovering more of the darkly comic story as you go. Rather than traditional puzzles with a single solution, the incomplete state of each environment is a question that you answer in your own way. Trap the designers' creations, steal their behaviors, and re-mix them to explore and master this world-in-progress. Can you out-think the game gods? Can you ship The Magic Circle from inside it?
Warning: Some strong language and references to adult subject matter.
30. The Shivah
Russell Stone is a Jewish Rabbi at a poor synagogue in New York City. He is a devout man with a problem. Membership is way down and he lacks the funds to keep his synagogue open. Things are looking very bleak, and he has grown progressively more cynical and bitter with the passage of time.
Just as he is on the verge of packing it all in, he receives some interesting news. A former member of his congregation has died and left the Rabbi a significant amount of money. A blessing? Or the start of something far more sinister? Can Rabbi Stone just accept the money and move on? His conscience says no. Step into his shoes as he travels all over Manhattan in his attempt to uncover the truth.
Features rabbinical conversation methods, a unique method of fighting, an original score, and three different endings!
31. The Vagrant
Journey into a gorgeous hand-painted fantasy world known as Mythrilia and discover the truth about your bloodline and its darkest secret. Play as Vivian the Vagrant, a traveling sellsword, who follows her lost father's research in an effort to reunite with her family. Hack and slash a path from a quiet coastal village through mysterious forests, haunted castles, and wrecked battlegrounds. When the endless barrage of enemies have been vanquished, what solace will be left for our hero?The VagrantThe Vagrant is a 2D action RPG. As Vivian, you will experience an exciting and challenging adventure focused on combat gameplay that utilizes combo chains, charge attacks, and special skills, all while improving your character's build through new equipment and abilities. Play casually or become a master combatant.Key Features:
- Hand-painted, traditionally animated characters.
- Flawless, hardcore action combat.
- Over 70 deadly and dangerous monsters and beasts.
- 6+ massive level sets, all beautifully hand painted.
- Multiple weapons, armors, and accessories to loot, purchase, and discover.
- A large-scale skill set to enhance character builds for immersive and intense gameplay.
- Craft and enchant your equipment to improve your combat performance.
- Use various offensive skills to destroy your enemy. Evolve the skills with elemental enchantments.
- Multiple endings to make your adventure even more unpredictable.
- 10+ challenging Boss monster with intuitive AI and battle mechanics. Challenging even for the most advanced players.
- Monsterpedia that allows you to collect data on the monsters as you defeat them.
- Fast travel to previously visited areas to re-challenge or grind.
- Exciting and emotionally driven musical score by Gabe Castro.
- Rich and intriguing storyline development.
- 4 difficulties ranging from casual play to hardcore fighting, each with the full gameplay experiences.
- Fully compatible with Xbox One controllers.
32. Stranded Deep
Take the role of a plane crash survivor stranded somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Experience terrifying encounters both above and below an endless environment. Come face to face with some of the most life threatening scenarios that will result in a different experience each time you play.
Scavenge. Discover. Survive.
- Generate an Infinite Number of Procedural Worlds - Explore Pacific islands, reefs, and bottomless ocean trenches filled with detailed biomes!
No two worlds are the same - You can generate a completely new and randomized world at any time. You can also mix your own maps created with the map editor in with the procedurally created maps in the world for a more customized experience. If you feel like sharing, you can even share your world seed with other players.
* Please note, currently the generated world size is limited to 6.25km2 but the final world size will be much larger.
- Dynamic Weather and Day-Night Cycle - Struggle to navigate stormy seas or enjoy basking with a coconut on a sunny afternoon.
- Unique Physically-based Crafting System - Harvest resources to create equipment by combining them together in the physical world - no crafting slots!
- Unique Physically-based Building System - Settle on an island and construct a shelter or venture the seas with your own built raft.
- Detailed Survival Aspects and Interaction - Manage your vitals of hunger, thirst, blood, and health against the harshness of mother nature.
- Random Loot and Collectables - Search sunken shipwrecks and islands for interesting and rare equipment.
- Hunting and fishing - Spear small animals in the shallows or risk the depths with a spear gun in search of larger meals. Starve an island of resources or maintain and manage its growth.
The things we want and things we know you want!
- Dealing with bugs -A lot of effort has been put into making sure your Stranded Deep experience is as bug free as possible, however the game is in an Early Access stage of development, so there will be bugs. We will be doing our best to squish them.
- Performance - Optimizing performance is an important ongoing process that will continue through the Early Access period.
- Island and Terrain Variety - Creating more unique biomes and biome parameters for different procedural generations.
- More Wildlife - Incorporating more fish and shark species and more interesting island wildlife like birds, snakes and lizards.
- An End-game Scenario - Making it possible to complete a series of optional tasks and progress through the world in an attempt to be rescued.
- Co-operative Gameplay - Where you can band together as a team of misfits and ration your supplies or eliminate each other one by one.
- Improved User Interface - All of the in-game UI is temporary and will be replaced with a more fitting theme.
- Occulus Rift Support
- Controller Support
- Much more! - See our website for more details, http://www.beamteamgames.com
33. S.K.I.L.L. - Special Force 2 (Shooter)
S.K.I.L.L. - Special Force 2 is a fast-paced, action-packed shooter based on the Unreal Engine 3. The game features a wide range of game modes, tons of maps and a huge selection of weapons.
The game comes with regular content updates including new maps, game modes, weapons and other improvements!Key Features:
- Over 20 maps covering a wide range of locales, spanning everything from deserts through to winter landscapes.
- A ton of game modes – including PvE modes and the unique Hero mode:
- Single Deathmatch
- Team Deathmatch
- AI Team Deathmatch
- Hardcore (increased damage, no HUD)
- and more…
- Single Deathmatch
- Cool weapons to suit every playing style – from pistols through to heavy machine guns.
- A plethora of options to change the appearance of your character and weapons.
- Special clan features: weekly rankings, clan logo designs, and of course T-shirts so you can show your allegiance in the game!
- eSports: The game's fast and competitive nature makes it perfect for eSports competition, with Gameforge providing full support to the community, e.g. with the specially dedicated area on the official S.K.I.L.L. website.
34. Bless Online
NEOWIZ welcomes you to an epic and immersive world of Bless Online where your choice matters. Explore the immense world and face your challenges alone or join up in groups to partake in massive warfare to determine your fate and reap the rewards. From the majestic opening of Embers in the Storm to the haunting chorus of The Sea of Sadness, the music created by the world-renowned composers Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe will draw you into the world of Bless.
- Choose your side
- Choose your story
- Choose your adventure
- Choose your battle
35. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
Coming in 2019, FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered marks the 20th Anniversary of its original release with a new visual refresh and brings the game’s beloved story to PS4. With overhauled visuals, see your favorite characters come to life like never before!
36. The Baconing
Prepare yourself for the ultimate sci-fi adventure by entering the hilarious and sizzling world of The Baconing created by Hothead Games.
You are DeathSpank, a hero and the ultimate Dispenser of Justice. You must defeat the Anti-Spank and his army of Cyborques, before they cast an evil shadow over Spanktopia.
Discover exciting new worlds and battle hordes of enemies as you search to unlock the secret within the Fires of Bacon.Key Features
- Explore unique locations such as The Forbidden Zone, Rainbow’s End and Hell’s Half Acre in a pop-up book style adventure.
- Over 100 quests, challenging boss fights and mind bending puzzles to complete
- Unleash devastating attacks on the enemy with the all-powerful Weapons of Justice
- Control the battlefield with tactical precision by using your Shield Bash, Perfect Reflect and Charged Attacks
- Play local co-op with a friend and choose from one of four amazing sidekicks
37. Close To The Sun
It’s 1897. Deep in international waters, the Helios stands still. Dark clouds loom overhead as unforgiving waves crash against the hull. Colossal effigies of gold, decorated with magnificent finery, stretch as far as the eye can see.
Born of Nikola Tesla’s vision, the Helios serves as a haven for the greatest scientific minds. An unbound utopia for research, independent from state and isolated from the gaze of society. Free to push the boundaries of matter and time.
Journalist Rose Archer steps aboard the Helios in search of her sister Ada. She quickly discovers not all is as it seems. Grand halls stand empty. The stench of rotting flesh lingers in the air. Silence. A single word is painted across the entrance… QUARANTINE!
Welcome to PixARK, a vast, wild world filled with vicious dinosaurs, magical creatures and endless adventure! To survive in this mysterious land, you must tame creatures both ferocious and cuddly, craft high tech and magical tools, and build your own base out of cubes.
With a robust character creator, an infinite number of voxel based maps and procedurally generated quests, your PixARK adventure will be completely unique. Team up with friends to form a tribe, or play on your own. Spend your time building a towering fortress or go on a quest in a sprawling cavern. Fly on the back of a dragon and smite your enemies with a magic wand, or ride a mighty T-Rex and blast your foes with a rocket launcher. In the world of PixARK, how you play is up to you – as long as you survive!
- Over 100 creatures to tame, train and ride
- Voxel block building system
- Procedurally generated maps
- Procedurally generated quests
- Creative Mode, where you can build anything you can imagine
- Extensive character creation tools, and character progression systems with skill trees and customizable stats
39. Redneck Rampage
A week from a Redneck's life:
Munday: Well, we crash-landed that UFO in the desert and Bubba says he wants to go home. Heck, I don't blame him 'cause there ain't no place like Hickston. But according to my map, we're gonna have to blast our way through jack o' lope farms and a riverboat as well as a brothel (Bubba can't wait) 'fore we get home again.
Toosday: Met new folks like Daisy Mae (she's purty). Bikers, pigs, cows and jack o' lopes. I think I even saw the King at the Slurp n' Burp.
Winsday: Yeehaw! Got to joyride in a Swamp Buggy and a motorcycle that were both armed to the teeth. I hope those peoples I ran over will be alrite. I still got a darn jack 'o lope stuck in the grill though.
Thersday: New ways to destroy stuff! I found over 10 weapons like a crossbow that shoots dynamite-loaded chickens and a slingblade. Mmmm-Hmm!
Fri-day: Sure am hungry! I just need some good ol' redneck powerups like pork rinds, cow pies and some of my granpappy's moonshine!
Saterday: Boy I sure so like those toe tapping tunes by that good ol' boy Mojo Nixon.
Sunday: Heck! With all the new places we been, I sure wish my kinfolk could've come along for the ride!
40. Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
An Open World action-RPG in a corrupted world falling apart, beautifully rendered thanks to CryEngine technology.
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem features a dynamic, fast-paced combat system with weapon-based combos and charged attacks. Dodge, Dash, Hack, Slash and unleash devastating spells on your enemies !
The game has no class restriction and uses a Resource Opposition System that adapts to any play-style.
Co-op will be added, and players will be able to combine spells to create chain reactions, in order to overcome greater challenges.
There is a unique mechanic called Apocalyptic Form that allows players to shape shift into a highly customized character! You’re free to mold your character thanks to a deep and rich customization system. And thanks to our complex crafting mini-game and our housing module you will be able to make your adventure feel as YOUR adventure!
You are a former officer of army of the Human Republic, forced to flee the death penalty because of the magic powers you have unwillingly developed. Being tracked down by humans and hunted by the monsters of the Wild, you are recruited by a mysterious group of Templars. And thus an epic adventure begins in which you will wander the world to fight inhuman, mutated monsters and discover the terrible secret of the extinguishing mankind.
* Under development and will be added to the game during the early access
- Dynamic combat system: fast-paced combat system with weapon-based combos and charged attacks. Dodge, Dash, Hack, Slash and unleash devastating spells on your enemies !
- Open World: Discover the world and enjoy it at your own convenience
- Exploration and experimentation is rewarded with new powers, attributed according to your play style!
- Free character development - No class limitation. You have three resources: Rage and Umbra interact with each other, thanks to the Resource Opposition System, in order to balance gameplay.
- Rotating Passive Skills Tree: A deep and innovative way to taylor your play style !
- Custom player: choose your gender and customize your player, skin color, hair, beard, eyes etc.
- Randomly Generated Dungeons for infinite replayability
- Element-based spells will react to the environment and to other active elements in the area. For example, lightning will spread in water and stun targets; Fire will spread unless water or frost gets in the way, ect.
- Multiplayer mode*: Dungeon Challenge and Co-Op
- Apocalyptic Form*: According to your play style, you will develop special powers for your character, changing their abilities and look. Fierce melee warriors may gain a third arm to equip with a new weapon; a fire caster will have their skin turn into lava, healing from fire. Even wings and horns might appear depending on your actions!
- Tons of Loot: Weapons, Armor, Potions and randomly generated magic effects for more gameplay diversity!
- Asymetric Armor System: We love asymmetric armor, and we want you to be able to customize your gear down to the finest details! You will be able to equip different shoulders and arm protection on the left and right side of your character, bringing a great number of personalization options!
- Housing: Create your own house and proudly showcase your special gear!
- Rotatable and customizable Camera: Have a new point of view, choose the best angle and discover hidden details.
- Dungeon challenge*: Transform a special part of your house into a dungeon and challenge other players to survive the onslaught!
- Time of day cycle with dynamic weather: You must adapt to the time of day. Some quests will only be achievable a certain hours, while the night is full of dangers. The rain will make your electrical powers more efficient.
- Mature story full of secrets to discover exploring the world.
- Kythera AI system: The automatic real time navigation adaptation of Kythera adapts to any change in the physics of the world, allowing us to create exciting scenes including large portion of levels collapsing or moving and fighting on the back of giant creature*, creating never seen before gameplay situations!
- Semi procedural Weaponry*: Blades, pommel and guard details can be randomized for more unique gear in the game!
- Advanced Crafting mini-game*: Build your own weapons and armors thanks to a complex and challenging module in Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
In Ancient Egypt, death awaits at every corner
Pharaonic is an unforgiving sidescrolling Combat-RPG set in Ancient Egypt. Explore a vast kingdom full of dangers and brutal enemies while you find the truth behind Ahmosis I, the Red Pharaoh.
Only the most audacious warriors will have any chance of success. The Pharaoh's army and countless dangerous creatures will stand in your way.Original and streamlined combat system
Polish your combat skills to the finest and loot the best gear possible to even have the slightest chance of overcoming this difficult endeavor. Will you opt for lightweight equipment, trusting on your agility to avoid death? Or will you prefer to take the blow and strike back even harder? The decision is entirely yours to make.Get ready to challenge the gods
Throughout your path you will find help from the Daughters of Ishtar, as well as the oppresed countrymen. Learn new skills and subdue divine powers to overcome your opponents. Drink from your life-water canteen to heal your wounds, and acquire new equipment that will help you avoid death one more day.
It's a tough journey, but the Gods believe in you. Will you be worthy of that honor?
Pharaonic takes the excellent combat design of Dark Souls and adapts it to a faster paced side-scrolling environment. Use your shield to block and parry incoming attacks, manage your stamina and wait for your chance to attack and defeat your enemies. A single mistake can be fatal, so stay on your toes to avoid making any.Features
- Explore an Ancient Egypt full of traps and treacherous enemies
- Exhaustive, refined and satisfying combat system.
- Complete character customization, with hundreds of pieces of equipment at your disposal.
- Face impressive bosses and their minions in epic fights full of tension.
- Talk with plenty of colorful characters to fill the blanks in your memory and learn what's happening to the kingdom.
- Lots of secondary paths to explore, full of treasures and traps.
- Dozens of weapons and shields with different combat styles.
- Use the powers of the Gods and cast spells that will help you in your journey.
42. Whispers of a Machine
Whispers of a Machine is a Sci-Fi Nordic Noir that tells the story of Vera, a cybernetically augmented special agent tasked with investigating a string of murders.
Due to the wounds of our past, AI is outlawed and now nearly non-existent. However, as the threads of Vera’s case begin to unravel, she is pulled into an invisible war between two opposing forces — those who are intent on destroying AI, no matter the cost, and those who seek to awaken it again, regarding it a lost deity in a godless world.
To help in her mission, Vera has been equipped with an advanced nano-substance called Blue. This rare and sought-after technology allows her to develop superhuman abilities adapted to her psychological mindset.
Choose your methods and utilize these augmentations to investigate, gather information, and solve puzzles with solutions shaped by your choices.
In this gripping story with existential twists and multiple endings, what Vera uncovers will have monumental consequences for humanity — will we be able find a way to peacefully coexist with AI, or will one of us inevitably destroy the other?
• INVESTIGATION, AUGMENTED: Will Vera approach situations with a more empathetic, analytical, or assertive style? Your choices will impact her augmentations and subsequent puzzle solutions.
• A POST-AI FUTURISTIC DYSTOPIA: Immerse yourself in a realized world of beautifully hand-drawn pixel art design and gorgeous settings influenced by the Nordics.
• POINT-AND-CLICK INNOVATION: A groundbreaking entry to the point-and-click adventure game genre by the experienced developers of Kathy Rain and The Samaritan Paradox.
43. Disney Bolt
In Disney's Bolt, players take on the heroic personas of the TV star dog, Bolt, and his owner, Penny, from the high-action television series featured within the film. As Bolt, players can use his superpowers, including laser vision and his superbark, which sends out a sonic blast to devastate opponents, and as Penny, players utilize stealth, hacking skills and a wheelbar, inspired by her scooter seen in the movie, to outwit enemies.
44. Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual
Uncover the darkest secret of humanity!
Young archeologist Sylvie Leroux accidentally stumbles upon an ancient secret. What she doesn't realize is that her research will put her in deadly peril. Who wants to prevent her from finishing her research? Are mere humans standing in her way, or is it a supernatural power?
- Dramatic story with many twists and turns
- Mystical atmosphere with breathtaking graphics
- Challenging and intense puzzles
Categories in common with Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual: Adventure
45. Dracula: The Resurrection
A fright-filled Adventure that transpires in the heart of Transylvania.
London 1904. Seven years after the slaying of Dracula, you play as Jonathan Harker, (the protagonist from Bram Stoker's original novel) and soon discover your wife, Mina has fled London for the Count's castle in Transylvania. Has Mina fallen prey to vampires? Or could this mean... Dracula... he's still alive?!
Bram Stoker's terrifying world is faithfully brought to life in this danger-riddled Point & Click adventure. Thirsty for blood? Do you dare play this cat and mouse game with the (un)dead? Enter at your own risk.
- 1st person panoramic views properly convey the foreboding and terrifying mood
- Puzzles, challenges and an abundance of horrible evils await as you maneuver from one location to the next
- Journey across an eerie nighttime forest and an isolated Romanian Inn. Make your way through an abandoned underground mine system, pass images of birds nailed to graveyard crosses and encounter hooded shapes as you enter the ominous Castle of the Prince of Darkness
- A chilling atmosphere, a menacing soundtrack and ambient SFX underscore the hair-raising fear that resonates throughout
- Animated cutscenes bring the story to life and transports you into the dark depths of the world of Dracula
46. The Inner World: The Last Wind Monk
The flute nose dynasty has been watching over Asposia for centuries on end. In secret, they fill the roly-poly world with light and life. Emil, a trader for odds and ends, has led all the Asposians astray, making them believe that the dynasty is in cahoots with dark forces. Seriously, who knows what this weird family is doing day in, day out? The only one who could stop evil Emil is the heir to the flute nose throne: Robert. He has been petrified for three years, though. With a huge dose of enthusiasm, but little to no idea what he’s actually doing, he embarks on an adventure to find the legendary last wind monk. Of course, he has some great company: Peck, as loyal as he is flightless, and Laura, a rebel who certainly does fly, but only off the handle and who is Robert’s love with a capital L, by the way. A final ray of hope is provided by the mysterious Mama Dola, who seems to know more about Robert’s destiny than Robert himself…
- Experience the fun and moving sequel to “The Inner World” (you don’t need to know the first part!). Save the flute noses from persecution and evil Emil!
- Hours of fun brainteasers await you: find the last wind monk, cause trouble in a tumble mouse factory, play with Uncle Oboe for some toilet paper in prison, help a desperate Bingo-Pony become happy once again, bring the adorable baby gorf back home and save Asposia! Again!
- Navigate Robert and Laura, those charming Asposians, through the game. And now you can even operate the nutty pigeon, Peck.
- There are new sites for you to discover! Including the topsy-turvy airport “Asposia Central”, the quirky tumble mouse farmers and the mysterious Shovel Mountains.
- Practice new songs on your magic flute nose and activate ancient artefacts.
- Beautiful hand-drawn adventure for people quick on the draw.
- Hilarious dialogues in awesome sound quality.
- The Asposian puzzle help: Provides you with hints when you’re as clueless as Robert – completely spoiler-free of course.
- Available for most any operating system or console – except the Gameboy!
47. Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall
Jessalyn Thornton’s fateful sleepover at the abandoned Thornton estate was supposed to be a pre-wedding celebration, but the fun ended when she disappeared. While her family searches for clues, others refuse to speak about the estate’s dark past. Did something supernatural happen to Jessalyn, or is someone in Thornton Hall holding something besides family secrets?
Categories in common with Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall: Adventure
48. 嗜血印 Bloody Spell
"Bloody Spell" is a martial arts action role-playing game. The core of the game is battle-oriented, and it combines many fighting elements and systems.
Ten years ago, Yejin and his sister Li went to practice martial arts under the sect of Wanfa. Since then, they have been far away from the complicated human world.Ten years later, the mysterious organization that claimed to be Void Legion invaded the sect, and then the world was in chaos, and the brothers and sisters were reinvested in the chaotic world.The sisters who are dependent on each other are taken hostage, and the disciples have been killed in one by one... At the moment when the bloodthirsty spell is opened, Yejin who knows himself, can he fulfill his commitment to everyone? And who is the last to be able to help the building, to save the devastated world?
In terms of combat, this game uses multi-weapon switching as the main feature, and for each weapon in different speeds, power and positioning, design a variety of different skills, a variety of skills combo, greatly enhance the game cool feeling, excellent hitting and handling feel make it even better.
The highlight of the level design is the form of random combination, that is, the scenes, monsters, equipment, and configuration of the props that the player is reborn after death are different from before, so that the game presents diverse characteristics, increasing the level variables and The game is fun.
The "Bloody Spell" system is that, Yejin uses special skills in the body's evil spirit curse to achieve various effects such as violent walking, bullet time, roar breaking, assassination execution, counterattack and blood return, etc., which is to enhance the character's attack power and auxiliary combat. And to simplify the battle, add to the character and weapon attributes, and some even play a role in determining the battle.
The system makes the combat part more flexible, more selective and versatile, while also ensuring the smoothness and refreshment of the battle. In addition, many interesting side quests, diverse survey elements, and mini games interspersed with them greatly expand the game's fullness and playability.
We hope to see ten different players in ten different ways. If the enemy's threat is too great, you can use the bloodthirsty skills, assassinations, flying props, scene agencies to destroy them. Finally, please be careful in this Survive in the game.
49. Code of Princess
Code of Princess offers players an exciting yet unconventional experience, deftly blending the combo-heavy fighting gameplay of beat ‘em ups with the stat-boosting character customization of RPGs.
Fans of action will savor the game’s combat, which is loaded with satisfying chain attacks, a variety of moves, and a three-plane battlefield that the player can move between tactically. Fans of RPGs will relish the ability to level and improve their characters, converting their gained experience into boosts for the stats that best suit their play-style and tactics. This amalgamation of game mechanics is wrapped in a beautiful package, boasting lovingly rendered and animated characters and eye-catching flurries of punches and kicks. Drawing upon its esteemed pedigree, Code of Princess has something for virtually every kind of gamer.Features:
- Unlock 4 characters to battle your way through Campaign mode and even more characters to use in additional modes!
- RPG stats let you decide how your characters will develop and collectible and equippable items let you improvise!
- Float like a butterfly with fighting combos and the Plane system and sting like a bee with the damage doubling Lock-on and Burst systems!
- Online cooperative play for when you’re feeling friendly and Online versus play for when you’re not!
- Developed by industry veterans and illustrated by Kinu Nishimura of Capcom fame!
50. Men of Valor
They fought for Freedom... They fought for each other.
Vietnam, 1965. You are Dean Shepard, a "cherry" to the 'Nam with zero war experience other than standard boot camp training at Parris Island, SC. Along with your platoon, you will fight the NVA and the Vietcong in true historic locales and battles such as Khe Sahn and the Tet Offensive, transporting you to a time and place American history that only a few can say they experienced firsthand.
- Experience the real Vietnam War - from Jungle-Based Ambushes to intense urban Firefights
- Unique battle chatter audio-re-creates the chaotic nature of combat
- 13 Action-packed combat missions spanning four authentic operations
- Rich detailed environments and realistic weaponry
- Pick your tour of Duty-Single-Player campaign or Multiplayer online combat for up to 24 players
Categories in common with Men of Valor: Action