The best games like Rebirth of Island are:
- arrow_rightWatch Dogs 2
- arrow_rightDarksiders Warmastered Edition
- arrow_rightAge of Empires II HD
- arrow_rightMagicka 2
- arrow_rightTropico 3
- arrow_rightPlanetary Annihilation
- arrow_rightGiana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
100 Best Games Like Rebirth of Island:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (28)
- PlayStation 4 (30)
- iOS (20)
- Android (13)
- macOS (42)
- Linux (25)
- Nintendo Switch (13)
- Nintendo 3DS (1)
- Nintendo DS (1)
- Xbox 360 (8)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (11)
- PlayStation 2 (1)
- PlayStation (2)
- PS Vita (4)
- PSP (3)
- Wii U (5)
- Wii (5)
- GameCube (2)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (2)
- NES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (1)
- Apple II (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (3)
- Atari ST (1)
- Genesis (4)
- SEGA CD (2)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Game Gear (1)
1. Watch Dogs 2
Watch Dogs 2 is an action-adventure open-world game developed by Ubisoft Montreal. It is the second installment in the series and continues the main idea of its predecessor - hacking and hacktivism in an open world.
Welcome to San-Francisco. It is the second city in the United States to install the city-wide operating system named ctOS, which connects everything from your car to your smart home to a global network. Marcus Holloway is tagged by the system as a suspect for a crime he did not commit. Marcus decides to take action and gets together with the hacktivist group DedSec to expose ctOS and its creators.
WD2 offers the player an immense open world which consists of San-Francisco, Oakland, Marin and Silicon Valley. It's the player's choice to navigate the world on foot or on a wide range of vehicles from cars to boats.
It is up to the player to choose whether to use a lethal or non-lethal approach on a mission as there is always a taser in your inventory and a billiard ball attached to a paracord that knocks enemies out.
It is possible to hack into any devices that are connected to ctOS. For instance, Marcus can control forklifts, buzz guards phones in order to distract them.
Abzu is a classic adventure game, the action of which unfolds in the endless ocean. The protagonist is a female diver, wakes up alone drifting on the ocean surface.
The main gameplay is aimed at exploring the surrounding world: the main character finds the ruins and traces of an ancient civilization that existed in symbiosis with the world's ocean. The outside world reacts to the player's actions and changes under his/her influence. However, it will not only be necessary to explore the underwater world: ground fragments also come into play in the game. Despite the simplicity and serenity of the game, there are dangers in the form of sea predators.
The story is told without a single word and the silence only helps to create a unique atmosphere of peace and tranquillity that reigns in the world of the game. The mosaic of the game setting is completed by the implementation of the game camera and the opportunity to look at the world through the eyes of fish - you need to enter the meditation mode for this.
3. Darksiders Warmastered Edition
Darksiders Warmastered Edition is a third person slasher/RPG. A remaster of the original release of 2010. The game features a fictional world, where mythical creatures exist in something resembling our reality.
The game’s protagonist is called War, the first Rider of Apocalypse from the biblical stories. His story is tied to his own mistakes, and the player has to restore order and the main character’s good name. Coincidentally, the actions that can be performed by the player include masterful executions, implementation of a wide variety of weapons, and many more brutal exercises of power. The role-playing elements will help the main character progress through the game and add more flavor to the gameplay.
The Warmastered Edition, compared to the original game, improves in graphics, performance, and overall quality-of-life features, making the player’s experience most smooth, and allowing to be run on the most powerful gaming rigs.
4. Age of Empires II HD
Age of Empires II HD is a strategy game, the remastered version of the original game with improved graphics and some new features including the Workshop compatibility. It's followed by three expansions: The Forgotten, The African Kingdoms and The Rise of the Rajas that add new civilizations, campaigns, and modes to the game.
In Age of Empires II HD, you develop the selected civilization from the Dark Ages to the modern time. You have multiple units to complete different tasks such as mining resources, explore the world and fight enemies. You can also reveal new technologies and upgrade your units. There are different ways to win: you can either fight the enemy civilization or choose a peaceful way and develop your science and culture instead of war. To develop efficiently, you need to manage resources carefully.
Categories in common with Age of Empires II HD: Strategy
5. Magicka 2
Magicka 2 is an action-adventure game developed by Arrowhead Game Studios. The game serves as a direct continuation of the first Magicka.
Once upon a time, four mages saved Midgard from complete destruction. However, the war between magic schools broke out after that. Most of the wizards passed away. Humanity entered a Golden Age without the mages destroying the human's way of life. During this period a prophecy of a child that would make Midgard a better place emerges. The prophecy also told that the evil forces will oppose the child. Mages set out on a quest to save the child.
The game could be played alone or in a cooperative mode with up to four players. Unlike most role-playing games, Magicka 2 does not feature any class system. Every character is armed with a staff and a melee weapon.
Magicka 2 features a high degree of satire and a lot of references to other games. For example, one of the weapons the player can use is the Excalibur or the M60 machine gun crafted by a local blacksmith from a string and a shotgun. The main feature of the game is the dynamic spellcasting system that allows combining 8 elementals in order for the player to choose their own playstyle.
6. Tropico 3
According to the story, you play as "El Presidente" and head a small island country in Latin America. The action takes place in the midst of the cold war, which has an impact on the course of events.
The primary task is to ensure the fulfillment of five basic needs for each resident: food (the requirement to build farms), housing (if a resident does not have a house, or he has nothing to pay for it, he makes shacks that spoil the beauty of the city and increase crime), religion (construction of temples), entertainment (build bars, cafes, cinemas) and medical support (construction of hospitals)
How the government provides these aspects to its residents depends on the level of satisfaction of the population, as each need is different for each resident. If the level of happiness is low, the people can go to the rebels. And when the rebels accumulate a lot, they attack various objects, including the Palace. Undermining the Palace means defeat in the game, so in case of a low level of happiness, a vast army has to suppress the riots. But the military, in turn, must also be happy with life. Otherwise, a military coup may occur.
7. Planetary Annihilation
Set in the distant future, this science fiction strategy was inspired by Total Annihilation (1997) and is designed by one of the original game's engine creators, Jon Mavor. Planetary Annihilation gameplay is largely similar to classic RTS series like Starcraft or Command & Conquer, yet not without its own unique features. This game is focused on interplanetary wars on a larger scale and allows its players to conquer the whole worlds or even destroy them using nukes and Death Star-like devices. The maps are randomly generated, and each map constitutes a whole planet in 3D projection (albeit scaled down). Each player starts with a Commander unit that is used to create necessary buildings. Commanders represent the player and, like in chess, loss of your Commander means losing the game.
The definitive feature of the game is that battles are not contained to certain planets, but are fought across the whole planetary systems using missiles and "planet thrusters"; and there are many such systems in the galaxy. The scale of the setting can make it difficult to keep track of one's operations across different systems at the later stages of the game.
Categories in common with Planetary Annihilation: Strategy
8. Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is the third game in the series that was started by Giana Sisters, a 1987 platformer. The original game was a Super Mario rip-off, but, though the new game retained many of the old mechanics (such as defeating enemies by jumping on them), there are also novel gameplay ideas.
You play as Giana, a girl who tries to rescue her sister Maria from the hands of an evil dragon Gurglewocky. Giana herself has two different personalities, a "Cutie" and a "Punk", that can be switched during the game. This change also dramatically alters the environment, allowing the player to shift between two dream worlds: one is a brightly colored garden, while other is a dark, nightmarish forest of giant mushrooms. In both worlds, the levels are nearly identical, despite the aesthetic change. But sometimes the game may demand you to switch to another world to move forward or to obtain a powerup that only exists in one of the worlds.
A definitive feature of Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is its music. The score was composed by Chris Hulsbeck, who worked with the original Giana Sisters, and metal band Machinae Supremacy. The soundtrack shifts between “traditional” and "heavy" versions of the same compositions to highlight the game's dual nature.
9. Pixel Puzzles Ultimate
Pixel Puzzles Ultimate, Bringing puzzles to the digital age.
With more than 17 FREE puzzles included, Pixel Puzzles Ultimate has a large range of puzzles in various sizes for you to try out and enjoy.
With piece counts from 96 to a mega 1000 pieces. Pixel Puzzles Ultimate brings you full size professional puzzles to the digital market place. No longer will a puzzler be left looking for that last piece, never again will the kitchen table be covered in tiny wooden shapes.
From square to rectangle to huge panorama pictures, with a massive variety of separately themed puzzle packs containing only the best images possible, each having a unique cut like no other jigsaw could. Pixel Puzzles Ultimate gives you the choice to play only the types of puzzles you really want to build.
It's a new way to puzzle, customize the game the way you want, with a full range of options to tweak the game as you see fit. Multiple themed play environments, all fully customizable for you to fine tune the jigsaw puzzling experience you’re looking for.
Pixel Puzzles Ultimate, the definitive jigsaw puzzler for the PC platform.FEATURES:Full range of sizes from 96 to 1000 pieces.
Beautiful puzzle images.
Auto saving, never lose your progress.
Peaceful puzzling atmosphere.
Traditional puzzle gameplay.
Many customization options.
Multiple interactive play environments.
Power ups to help solve puzzles.
10. Sacred 3
Sacred 3 is a hack’n’slash game, a third installment in the series.
The game starts with a brief introduction to the fantasy world of Ancaria. The realm prospered for a long time, until the ruler of the Ashen Kingdom struck a deal with demons, and invaded his neighbors. The player must take action as one of the six playable characters, each with different classes and abilities, and save the world.
The third game of the series has shifted from being an RPG diablo-like game to an arcade slasher, removing skill trees and development, while adding even more enemies, dynamic action and refined physics. Each level in the campaign shares similarities with one another, as the objectives are simple: defeat enemies, reach the checkpoint, defeat the boss and unlock the next level.
Graphics and other features
The game is rich with fantasy characters, colorful landscapes and well-designed enemies. The special effects in battle provide the player with an arcade touch: blood splatters from every foe, mysterious explosions occur to left and right, ground quakes from fearsome bosses. The game features a 4-player cooperative mode, where players take up arms as different heroes and join in battles against hordes of enemies.
11. Stronghold Crusader 2
Stronghold Crusader II is the fifth game in Stronghold series of medieval strategies. It is the direct sequel to the 2002 spin-off of the series, Stronghold: Crusader.
Stronghold Crusader II is set in the Middle East in the era of Crusades. The game's two campaign modes follow the two sides in the Crusades: the Crusaders and the Muslims. The game features historical figures like Saladin and Richard of England, as well as the characters from earlier games in the series, such as Rat and Wolf.
The game is similar to all Stronghold games. The player assumes the role of a medieval lord who controls his castle. The player has to build the walls and towers, hire the knights and archers, and establish a productive medieval economy to support the war effort. Most missions involve a siege of a castle, with the player as the attacker, the defender, or both.
Everything in Stronghold, from the food to the war, requires the player to establish a chain of production, such as a mill and a bakery to make bread. The player has to produce armor and weapons before hiring most types of units. There's also a reputation meter that tracks what the people think of their lord. The player can increase his or her reputation by offering the people more food, lowering taxes, or building pubs and churches.
Stronghold Crusader II has several multiplayer modes. It was the first game in the series to introduce a cooperative mode that allows two players to control the same castle.
12. Secret World Legends
Secret World Legends is a reboot of the 2012 MMO game The Secret World. Unlike the original game, the reboot is free-to-play.
The game is set in a low fantasy world that was inspired by the works of horror authors like Stephen King and Howard Lovecraft, as well as Indiana Jones movie series. The setting combines the background of our real world with elements of mythology, urban legends and conspiracy theories that became true. The locations in the game include real-world cities as well as fictional places. They are mostly set in the big urban areas, depicted as dark, gloomy places fit for gothic stories.
The players' characters receive magical powers and learn that the End of Days is at hand. They have to participate in a war against evil and fight demons, vampires, and other monsters, as well as dark cultists who worship evil gods. They are forced to join one of the three main factions in the game: the Illuminati, the Templars, or the Dragon. They will have to travel to many places, such as Transylvania and Egypt, and even back in time.
The player can choose the first person or third person view. There are no character classes, and the player can freely change the character's abilities during the game. The player can also obtain a new weapon, but it costs either a microtransaction or an amount of in-game money.
13. Cossacks 3
Return of the legendary Cossacks! The sequel of the award winning strategy series.
Leaning on the history of the 17th and 18th century, the real time strategy game awakens colossal mass battles with up to 32,000 soldiers simultaneously on the battlefield.
This remake of the classic game, that originally launched in 2000, contains all of the elements that distinguish the successful Cossacks games and combines them with contemporary 3D-graphics. Cossacks 3 provides the player with infinite tactical options, including not only the construction of buildings, the production of raw materials, but also the broad selection of various units and the influence of the landscape.
20 nations, 120 different unit types, 100 research opportunities, and over 220 different historical buildings are available to the player. Besides the battles ashore, players can build an armada and attack their enemies at sea. Cossacks 3 offers five historic single player-campaigns and up to eight players can fight each other in multiplayer-mode on one map. The player can forge alliances with or against others as well as challenge the computer. Randomly generated maps provide endless variations and can be adapted to the gamer’s needs.
Grandiose battles of up to 32,000 soldiers on the battlefield
20 playable nations
100 research opportunities
220 different historic buildings
Battles ashore and at sea
Five singleplayer historical campaigns
Infinite variations of battles on randomly generated mapsAs a free DLC all the players will receive 8 additional playable nations with the unique music main themes.
Information about Digital Deluxe Edition (no longer available for purchase):
Digital Deluxe - is a game edition, that contained both base game and 4 previously announced DLC, which are getting consequent releases during 1 year after Cossacks 3 release, along with few great bonuses.
We have already released 4 promised DLCs: Days of Brilliance, Rise to Glory, Path to Grandeur and The Golden Age. They include:
Early access to new nations:
[Days of Brilliance] Denmark
[Days of Brilliance] Netherlands
[Rise to Glory] Bavaria
[Rise to Glory] Saxony
[Path to Grandeur] Hungary
[Path to Grandeur] Portugal
[The Golden Age] Switzerland
[The Golden Age] Piedmont
[Days of Brilliance] Pro Fide, Lege et Rege
[Rise to Glory] Huge gambles and great achievements.
[Rise to Glory] The Lion of the North.
[Path to Grandeur] St.Jacob with us, Spain!
[Path to Grandeur] In the Service of the Grand Vizier!
[The Golden Age] Oranien bovem!
[Days of Brilliance] Konotop
[Days of Brilliance] Clash at Nordlingen
[Days of Brilliance] Stuart Restoration
[Days of Brilliance] Peasants' War
[Days of Brilliance] Landing in Brittany
[Rise to Glory] Second Northern War
[Rise to Glory] Great Northern War
[Rise to Glory] Franco-Dutch War
[The Golden age] War for Brazil
[The Golden age] War in the Caribbean
[The Golden age] The Portuguese War of Independence
[The Golden age] Siege of DunkirkHistorical battle:
[The Golden age] Battle of Nieuwpoort (1600)
[The Golden age] Battle of Pyliavtsi (1648)
[The Golden age] Battle of Prostki (1656)
[The Golden age] Battle of Saint Gotthard (1664)
[The Golden age] Battle of Villaviciosa (1710)
[The Golden age] Battle of Sheriffmuir (1715)
[The Golden age] Oran (1732)
[The Golden age] Battle of Soor (1745)Environments:
[Rise to Glory] Winter maps
[Path to Grandeur] Desert maps
Digital Deluxe Edition owners would also receive soundtrack in lossless quality (wav format).
Digital Deluxe Edition is no longer available for purchases. Its owners have already got 4 DLC for free, as we`ve promised.
Categories in common with Cossacks 3: Strategy
14. The Adventures of Shuggy
The Adventures of Shuggy is a 2D platformer game with a heavy emphasis on puzzle solving.
Plot and setting
The player controls Shuggy, a vampire that inherits a mansion in Scottland from his grandmother. However, Shuggy finds out that the mansion is filled with hostile creatures so now he must vanish them from every room in the mansion. The levels are divided into five areas of the mansion: The Dungeon, The Boiler Room, The Gallery, The Graveyard and The Clocktower.
The game consists of more than 100 levels. The goal of each level is to collect every gem in the room to get a key that unlocks the next one.
Player's movements consist of walking and jumping. However, most levels incorporate unique mechanics that alter the playstyle and give Shuggy special abilities. Some rooms change the gravity; some give the player the ability to fly, swing on ropes. Some rooms incorporate blocks-based puzzles, teleportation spots, allow Shuggy to change his size and many more. Most levels are comparatively small and consist of one screen.
The game also offers a multiplayer mode. It can both be played online or locally. There are 36 level available for multiplayer and two modes: cooperative, where players have to work together to complete the level, and competitive, where players complete levels to earn squares on tic-tac-toe playfield.
15. Kingdom: Two Crowns
In the award-winning Kingdom series, players took on the role of a monarch struggling to build their kingdom up from nothing. Hundreds of thousands of players across the world explored, recruited loyal subjects, and defended nightly against the persistent threat of the Greed – but they did so in isolation, and as with all things in Kingdom, nothing lasts… until now.
Kingdom Two Crowns builds upon the challenging micro strategy experience with an evolution of the celebrated franchise. Introducing the brand-new campaign mode, monarchs must now work to build a kingdom that stands over time until finding a way to defeat the Greed for good. Recruit new unit types and develop advanced technologies to bolster your defenses. Explore fresh environments to discover new mounts and secrets hidden in the deep. Revisit and revitalize your kingdom in its entirety as you move onward through the campaign.
But you don’t have to rule alone! Introducing a cooperative play experience that is totally unique to Kingdom Two Crowns, monarchs can now choose between a classic solo experience or seek the assistance of a friend, working together locally or online, dropping in or out at will.
A challenge awaits all who seek it here, whether you are a first-time ruler or a longtime fan. So be brave, great monarchs, for in the end Two Crowns shall reign stronger than one!
👑 BRAND-NEW CAMPAIGN MODE: Built upon the classic micro strategy that made Kingdom successful, monarchs can now build lasting kingdoms in a multi-stage campaign to stop the assault of the Greed for good.
👑 TWO CROWNS TO RULE THEM ALL: The struggle to build your kingdom need not be ventured alone! Strategize and defend your realm together in local or online drop-in/drop out co-op.
👑 NEW FEATURES, NEW STRATEGIES: A wealth of new features from technology upgrades to unit types to secrets to enemies, monarchs will need to plan wisely to see their kingdom flourish.
👑 FORMIDABLE CHALLENGE ISLANDS: Whether you seek the fierce threat of Skull Island or unique lands that modify the gameplay through special rules, the secret challenge islands expand the Kingdom experience to all players new and loyal.
16. Tower Wars
Tower Wars is a tower defense game. It includes an army building and attacking enemies’ tower.
The player can choose both single-player and multiplayer modes, but sometimes it can be difficult to find opponents and matching can take a long time. The player has to build his castle, starting with a new battlefield.
You aim to break into the enemy’s tower before he gets his army into yours. As for the building process, the player is free to place his tower anywhere he wants inside the map. It gives the user the possibility to create traps and corridors according to his taste. Here his enemies have to battle through barriers, so you need to make it as complicated as possible. The game offers various weapons, both classical (cannons, launchers) and unique ones (enormous fan, pushing opponents back).
Moreover, there are two sorts of points: gold and battle. You can earn battle points while attacking the opponent’s tower. To get more gold points, you can use mines, which are already on your map. As for units, which you send to enemies’ castles, they can be primary and specialized. Although, it is possible to upgrade each one.
The graphic is crafted. The art style is also well-defined. It seems to be made with much attention. Despite the limited number of maps, they are detailed and comfortable for use. Moreover, the soundtrack is not as annoying as it can sometimes be.
17. Song of the Deep
Song of the Deep is a metroidvania-style action-adventure game following a girl’s quest into the unknown to find her missing father. Combining discovery, skill, and suspense with an unforgettable narrative, this underwater journey will challenge players to explore, experiment, and skillfully navigate a vast ocean landscape.
Song of the Deep delivers unique gameplay in a tale of love, heartbreak, and triumph. Explore a fantastic non-linear interactive underwater world filled with more than 200 treasures to collect. Equip your submarine with 30 upgrades and 15-plus abilities to access new areas of the sea, and combine those abilities in surprising ways -- like catching a torpedo with your claw arm mechanism. Outwit, outmaneuver and battle creatures along the way, from lantern jellies to giant bosses like The Watcher.
Merryn waits all night for her father to return from his fishing voyage. He never does. After a vivid dream showing her father trapped under the sea, Merryn is determined to save him. This unlikely heroine builds a small submarine from spare parts and sets off to rescue him. Along the way, she’ll make friends, discover lost civilizations and ruins, and upgrade her submarine to explore even deeper. The terrain and monsters of the deep are daunting, but Merryn’s courage, intelligence, and love for her father will help her overcome adversity.
Four races of wizards, adepts of four magical schools, collide in a brutal fight for world domination. Etherlords, an iconic strategy created by Nival, became a bestseller in the world and earned highest grades from critics.
Etherlords is an exciting mix of turn-based strategy and fantasy trading card game. Innovative game mechanics that first appeared in this game formed the basics of most modern games of this genre.Key Features
- 4 races of magical creatures, each with their own unique lands, architecture, spells and strategy;
- 2 battle campaigns for each two allied races;
- More than 300 spells, including sorcery, battle magic, summoning and rituals;
- More than 10 game levels, all connected by one storyline;
- 64 heroes of all races; their parameters, special abilities and selected skills progress with each level gained.
- Individual battle style for each hero with the help of their unique sets of spells;
- A combination of magical battle system based on table games and strategic use of resources;
- Full 3D turn-based battles with unlimited variety of tactical decisions;
Categories in common with Etherlords: Strategy
19. Hard Truck Apocalypse: Rise Of Clans / Ex Machina: Meridian 113
Hard Truck Apocalypse: Rise of Clans - is an addon to a vehicular Action/RPG set in an alternate future. New heroes and mysteries await you in the vistas of a post-apocalyptic North America. Special customization features, new types of weapons, and hi-tech bosses will immerse you even deeper into the ruthless world of Apocalypse, and your extreme driving skills will serve you well in its new multiplayer mode.
INCLUDED IN EX MACHINA GOLD EDITION
20. Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
Embark on a dangerous quest through mysterious ruins and magical woods in the second chapter of Grim Legends series. Save the young queen from a mortal danger and change the faith of the entire kingdom!
When a mysterious illness befalls the queen of the Eagle Kingdom, a famous healer is summoned to Eagle Castle to examine her.
The Healer’s quest takes a sudden turn when the infant prince vanishes under mysterious circumstances. The queen is accused of practicing dark magic and thrown into the prison tower.
According to the kingdom’s law, sorcery is a crime punishable by death. The desperate King, believing his wife is innocent, begs the healer to find a way to exonerate the queen.
The protagonist has only one day to reach the ruins of the Swan Kingdom and unravel the mystery behind the ruling family’s curse. Only then will she manage to find the young heir to the throne and save the queen from her execution.
Will the healer be successful in saving the queen? Will she rescue the little prince from the clutches of dark magic?
The fate of two kingdoms lies in the healer’s hands.
- A legendary realm imagined brilliantly in 42 hand-painted locations
- 3 fairy-tale sidekicks to help you in times of need
- 32 challenging mini-games and 16 hidden-object scenes
- 14 intriguing characters to meet on your journey
- An additional story told from two different perspectives!
- 29 achievements to unlock!
21. Rolling Sun
Rolling Sun takes advantage of the latest version of CRYENGINE, with best in class physics, lighting and water effects. Discover ancient magic as you guide your Sun Stone through lost Incan and Mayan civilizations.
Take control of a defeated Sun God trapped on Earth. Use the last of your powers to guide a stone across and ancient civilization, gaining power as you get closer and closer to your rival, the Moon God.
- Skills to unlock :
As you gain power, you'll gain such skills as double jump, mid-air dash, and more.
- Physics-based gameplay.
Take advantage of a living environment, powered by CryEngine physics, to reach your goals.
22. NEO Scavenger
NEO Scavenger is a game where you must survive in the wasteland long enough to figure out who you are. Each turn, you must decide where to go, how to scavenge for supplies, and how to deal with anything and anyone you encounter. And with each passing minute, the pit in your stomach grows, your dehydration worsens, your muscles tire, and your body temperature drops in the cold autumn air. Choose your starting abilities carefully, because they and your wit are the only tools you have in the apocalypse!Features
- Unique Setting - Near-future, post-apocalyptic Michigan with local cryptids and folklore. And something else beneath the surface...
- Turn-Based Play - Take your time with each turn, and play at your own pace. Save and quit when you want, and resume later.
- Permadeath - If you die, that's it. NEO Scavenger is balanced around a single difficulty level: permadeath. Your save will be deleted if you die. So choose every action carefully!
- No Grinding - There is no XP in NEO Scavenger. No levelling-up. Instead, progress comes from learning how to play the game better, and using your strengths to your advantage.
- Semi-Random - Much of the map is randomized each game, including the location of ruins, creatures, weather, and certain quest branches.
- Sandbox or Story - Search for clues to your identity, what happened, and who's hunting you. Or simply test your mettle against man and nature alike. Play how you want!
- Abilities and Flaws - Choose abilities and flaws each time you play. Different combos unlock different abilities and quest branches.
- Crafting - Extensive crafting system which allows for substitutions of similar items. Make a rifle scope from half a pair of binoculars, or a noise trap from a pill bottle and pebbles.
- Desperate Combat - Detailed combat with moves like "Tackle," "Lure," "Kick While Down," "Demand Surrender," and "Threaten."
- Realistic Wounds - Creatures have complex wound simulation, with multiple wound locations, infection, bleeding, and pain management.
- Realistic Metabolism - Hypothermia, fatigue, thirst, hunger, disease, intoxication, shelter...everything is tracked.
- Realistic Inventory - Complex inventory system with slots for holding, wearing, containers, and more. Fit items in grid spaces, and manage encumbrance.
- Hex-Based World Map - Navigate ruins, hills, forests, and plains in a hex-based map. Line-of-sight, elevation, and daylight matters.
- Tracking - Creatures leave their tracks and spoor on the map, which can be followed by others. Players can also hide their tracks.
- Hiding - Players can use hiding to avoid being seen while traveling the map, as well as during story encounters.
- Hunting - Trap small game for food and fur, or track and kill larger prey on the map for butchering.
- Hacking - Use hacking skills to unlock scavenged laptops, cellphones, smartphones, and tablets. Mine them for paydata, or snoop through personal files.
- Foraging - Search for edible plants and water, and use special skills to identify what's safe to eat.
- Haunting Soundtrack - Music composed by Josh Culler, specifically for NEO Scavenger, plays periodically, lending an atmosphere of loneliness and desperation. (Also accessible as mp3s outside game.)
- Creature AI - Wandering creatures go about their own business, hunting, scavenging, and hoarding. Morale affects their choices, and some will gang-up and cause trouble.
- Dynamic Weather - Temperature, rainfall, and night/day are based on real-world data for autumn in the area. If you live long enough, you may see snow fall.
- Detroit - Take refuge from the wasteland in one of mankind's last bastions of safety. Buy supplies, get medical care, and seek clues in a cyberpunk-styled city.
- Trading Cards - Collect NEO Scavenger trading cards, badges, emoticons, and profile backgrounds!
23. Felix The Reaper
Felix works at The Ministry of Death and is in love with Betty The Maiden from The Ministry of Life. He believes that going to the human world as a field reaper will enable him to one day meet her. Hence he’s taken the job of making sure people die and taught himself to dance to impress Betty.
Since Felix only moves in the shadows, he needs to manipulate those shadows to move around. Luckily reapers like Felix are able to turn the sun and move shadowing objects, which enables him to create the necessary shadow paths to get around. He does so to solve the adventure plots, that makes people die according to the ministerial plans.
Each level unlocks a hardcore version of itself for the striving ministerial achiever. You can also collect skull achievements, that further unlock bonus time trials for the extremely resourceful ministerial employee.
• Challenge yourself to original puzzle game mechanics
• Experience a gruesomely sweet and beautiful story world
• Choose your own tune from a selection of 10+ indie music artists on Felix‘ Walkman
• Collect skull achievements that further unlock bonus time trials
• Watch Felix‘ dance moves develop as created by professional dancers
Felix The Reaper has sprung from a fascination with the sprawling, humorous and grotesque art history of Death. The history contains both The Dance of Death or Danse Macabre and Death And The Maiden as two central themes going through it. We sort of mashed those two together in Felix The Reaper.
For the character himself and the world around him the inspiration was more diverse: in that aspect, the game contains inspiration from the ancient tv-show The Twilight Zone, medieval painters like Bruegel and Bosch and the cartoon characters of Adventure Time and Hayao Miyazaki.
Another important inspiration for Felix The Reaper were the amazing artistic collaborators in the production. We've worked with dancers, a long list of music artists and historian scholars.The DanceSeveral dancers have been around throughout the production, and eventually Gunilla Lind and Raphaël Ferdinand Eder-Kastling improvised the final moves, that ended up in the game.
Here's Gunilla doing a dance move for Felix:
And here's Raphael doing another:
The MusicOf course a game with a dancing protagonist needs great music - why else would he be dancing? We designed the game in a way that lets the music artists be themselves. We wanted them to add to the game through their personal artistic expression, rather than ask them to be what we want them to be. That makes for a varied and strange combination of music. But since the gameplay is a non-stressful puzzler, you actually have time to appreciate and enjoy the weirdness while playing.The Art HistoryThe idea for the game itself stems from art history. We actually started with The Danse Macabre and Death and The Maiden as a basis and then asked ourselves: how can we make a game about this? Eventually and through several different prototypes, we ended up here.
Parallel to the production a historical scholar has dived into the art history of Death across more than 10 centuries for a book manuscript he is working on, and every time he hit upon something interesting he told us, and we tried to put it in the game, if it fit. There's five different articles by this historian Søren Hein Rasmussen within the game, that you can unlock as you progress.
24. Tesla vs Lovecraft
Tesla vs Lovecraft is an intense top-down twin stick arena shooter from the creators of Crimsonland and Neon Chrome. Play as the enigmatic inventor Nikola Tesla harnessing the static energy to power up Tesla-Mech and give the lovecraftian nightmares a lesson in horror!
You are Nikola Tesla, world-famous inventor and genius extraordinaire. At the eve of your greatest invention, your laboratory is burned down by the horror author H.P. Lovecraft, who claims that your actions have put the world in peril. With the help of his occult book, and a vast army of monsters, he has stolen your most precious inventions!
Tesla-Mech, an immensely powerful machine of war at your disposal. Mow down your opponents with twin-mounted Tesla-Miniguns, and trample over monsters like they were ants.
Quantum Teleportation, packed neatly into one handy portable backpack. (Includes a warning label about Theseus-paradox, whatever that is)
If nightmares had nightmares, this is what they’d look like. Monsters so horrible they’ll make you eat up your own sanity!
Save the world with a plethora of inventions and gadgets, including (but not limited to) X-Ray Blade and Death Ray Gun.
Riverbond is a fun and frantic action adventure game that lets you battle adorable enemies and unbind everything into tiny cubes whist exploring a charming voxel world.
Meet the citizens of Riverbond and embark on a heroic campaign to help stop the evil that has befallen the land. Explore the hidden depths of the world, discover new weapons or treasures and face the deadly bosses. Will you and your friends be the legendary heroes of Riverbond?
Play alone, or with Friends Riverbond is fully playable as a single-player experience or with up to 4 players in a drop-in/out couch co-op adventure!
Destructible Cubic World Did we mention that you can slash, smash and generally wreak havoc to the charming voxel environments? Go nuts if you want to and experience the awesomeness of real-time physics.
Quests! You’ll meet some real characters in need of assistance in Riverbond. Will you help them?
Weapons! Combat! Bosses! Find a ton of melee and ranged weapons in hidden chests and swap them out to suit your play style to defeat enemies and bosses.
Treasures and Collectibles Who knows what you will find when you explore the depths of Riverbond - there’s only one way to find out. Cue epic adventure music!
Wishlist Riverbond above and sign up for the Cococucumber Mailing List.Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
Welcome to PixARK, a vast, wild world filled with vicious dinosaurs, magical creatures and endless adventure! To survive in this mysterious land, you must tame creatures both ferocious and cuddly, craft high tech and magical tools, and build your own base out of cubes.
With a robust character creator, an infinite number of voxel based maps and procedurally generated quests, your PixARK adventure will be completely unique. Team up with friends to form a tribe, or play on your own. Spend your time building a towering fortress or go on a quest in a sprawling cavern. Fly on the back of a dragon and smite your enemies with a magic wand, or ride a mighty T-Rex and blast your foes with a rocket launcher. In the world of PixARK, how you play is up to you – as long as you survive!
- Over 100 creatures to tame, train and ride
- Voxel block building system
- Procedurally generated maps
- Procedurally generated quests
- Creative Mode, where you can build anything you can imagine
- Extensive character creation tools, and character progression systems with skill trees and customizable stats
27. Teddy Floppy Ear - Kayaking
Send your kid onto an unforgettable journey with the world’s most charming bear.
Based on a famous Polish cartoon, Teddy Floppy Ear stands out as a great entertainment for children. Prepared by an experienced team, Teddy Floppy Ear – Kayaking mixes fun adventure game with a healthy dose of learning, perfect for young minds.
In this episode our main character takes advantage of beautiful, spring weather and goes on a kayaking trip with his friend Piglet. There he finds out that there is a problem with Mr. Catfish who acts a little too bossy, and needs to be taught a lesson in kindness. During his trip, our hero solves numerous puzzles testing child's mathematical skills, eye-hand coordination, logical thinking and perceptiveness.
Beautiful hand-painted graphics, soothing music, entertaining and violence free story keep your child occupied for hours.
- A dozen of colourful locations
- Educational value
- Great for even the youngest kids
- Absolutely no violence
- Numerous mini-games for variety
- Soothing music
- Famous Teddy Floppy Ear
28. Super Cloudbuilt
Take on the role of Demi, a young soldier who wakes up in the empty shell of a ruined building, in the center of a strange new world, disconnected from her old life and physical body. With each new challenge she overcomes Demi slowly pieces together the future now laid out before her.
This remastered edition stays true to the original concept with an emphasis on player skill and creativity, but with even more diverse mechanics and a more connected and varied world.
- Complete incredible feats of free-running and sharp shooting
- Run through expansive worlds floating above a vast abyss, use your rocket-powered exo-suite to explore hidden paths and collect power ups to boost your performance
- Try your hand at 177 challenges and experiment with 3 game modes
- Features lightning-fast, action-packed speedrunning gameplay: use reflexes and speed to compete for the top position in the leaderboards
Will Demi learn to understand and accept her new world, or question her reality and learn to defy it?
29. Ara Fell
"Long, long ago, the elven sorcerers cast a spell to save the floating world of Ara Fell from destruction. Instead, they doomed it to fall from the sky. By chance, the fate of the world has been placed in the hands of a young woman. Join her as she and her friends endeavor against all odds to save their homeland, all while the clock ticks ever nearer the final hour..."
Ara Fell combines the best parts of Japanese-style roleplaying games with the best parts of western RPGs, as well as including elements of visual novels and adventure games to create a truly unique experience. Atmosphere, emotion and surprise lie at the forefront of Ara Fell's story, driven by deep and accessible characters, each with his or her own past, their own desires and their own motivations for joining Lita's quest. Relive the golden age of the RPG with a game that both pays homage to the past greats, as well as blazing its own trail.
- EXPLORATION - Ara Fell is a world meant to be explored! Jump, crawl, swim and even fly through the air to solve puzzles and discover new locations filled with hidden treasure, secrets and adventure! Every corner of Ara Fell is designed with exploration in mind.
- OPEN WORLD - Most of the world can be explored from the moment you leave Aloria Village, the heroine's home town... provided, of course, you're strong enough. A clever explorer may be able unlock secrets and discover powerful equipment early in the game if he or she commits to taking advantage of the open nature of the game world.
- TACTICAL COMBAT - Ara Fell may be a story-heavy game, but the world is still fraught with danger. Choose specialized equipment and statistics, customizing each character to best suit your play style, and to best thwart each boss battle's unique mechanics.
- CHARACTER DRIVEN - When you join Ara Fell's unwitting heroine on her quest to save her homeland, you'll discover a world filled with vibrant characters who laugh, cry, crack jokes, lose their tempers, and even their will to go on as the size and scope of the curse that plagues Ara Fell becomes apparent. Friends and villains alike are not who they seem as the stakes grow ever higher...
It's one year after the collapse of civilization and self-centered hedge fund manager Joe Wheeler emerges from his specially constructed bunker in search of food. This is a huge open-world Role Playing Game where you have the freedom to play how you want - but your choices have consequences. Your aim is to find other survivors, gain their respect, and build a community. You'll scavenge for supplies, trade, plant crops, go on quests, face moral dilemmas, go to war, and uncover dark, terrible secrets!
- Innovative dialog system with characters that remember your actions and form their opinion of you accordingly.
- Combines Action-RPG and Real-Time Strategy elements - you can take control of, or issue commands to, any character that joins your community.
- Fast zombies and challenging combat that requires you to make use of all resources available to survive!
31. Grand Ages: Medieval
What is Grand Ages: Medieval?
"Grand Ages: Medieval" is an entry in Kalypso's "Grand Ages" series of finely-crafted strategy games of different genres developed by different studios. This game is not a sequel to the 2009 title "Grand Ages: Rome", a classic RTS with a focus on city building. "Grand Ages: Medieval" is a larger scale, real-time empire simulation game combining elements of trade, expansion and exploration with a heavy focus on economical domination.Features:
- Explore a gigantic game world of over 20 million square kilometres, plot strategically where to found important cities and defend your kingdom against foreign powers
- Produce and trade 20 different goods to meet the demands of your citizens and soldiers: such as coal, fruits and pottery
- Research and utilise 50 major technological advancement of the Middle Ages: including the three-field crop rotation, the low warp loom or the longbow
- Raise an army and fight your opponents with knights, archers and cavalry
- Face devastating natural disasters like storms, fires, volcanoes, droughts, earthquakes… or even the Black Death
- Challenging Multiplayer Mode for up to 8 players
It is the year 1050 AD. At the beginning of the High Middle Ages development in Europe has seen an unprecedented level of progress and a rapidly growing population spreads across the length and breadth of the continent. New frontiers are explored, settlements founded and vast trading routes established. As the head of one of these small settlements, it falls upon you to lead your people towards greatness. Explore a vast world, gather resources, encounter other societies and use your trading expertise to expand and make your fortune. Found new cities, progress your nation with inventive technology and protect your trade routes against barbarian attacks until you are powerful enough to begin your conquest over Europe and forge a bold new empire.
Grand Ages: Medieval is a real-time strategy game from Gaming Minds. Lead your people and advance through the decades by utilising construction, research, expansion and conquest in an area extending from Scandinavia and North Africa; to Portugal, the Caucasus and the Middle East. Rise from the humble role of a simple mayor governing a small settlement and rule over all of Europe. Experience an exciting campaign with elaborately designed cut-scenes, play by your own rules in free play or test your skills in multiplayer against up to 8 players!
32. Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan
Aurion is an epic action RPG set in a wonderful African Fantasy world with a unique, open and dynamic fighting gameplay.
Enzo Kori-Odan, the prince of Zama is a victim of a coup d'etat orchestrated by his brother in-law on the day of his coronation and wedding with Erine Evou. The royal couple is then exiled and decides to go around the world in search of allies. They will especially have to reunite Enzo’s warring legacy in order to retrieve their throne.
Beyond retrieving their position, the dethroned Royal couple will precisely discover the geopolitical and existential dilemmas attached to their functions of King and Queen. They will have to find answers in order to secure the fate of Zama.
Aurion is at the same time a mystery and an evidence in the Auriona planet. This energy was discovered a long time ago and is manifested in various ways (battle, handicraft, etc) in daily life. Those who use it in battle are called Aurionics letting them increase their power and have access to untold fighting techniques for a short time interval.Features
- Epic and strategic Real-Time Fighting, visual evolutive Combos!
- Gather your Legacy and merge the Aurions to create new ones (21 aurionical transformations can be done!)
- Powerful duels with immersive fighting dialogues
- Unique scenario & lots of powerful enemies and bosses
Mushihimesama (“Bug Princess” in English) is a vertical shooting game set in a beautiful fantasy world. Huge insect-like creatures called Koju roam the forest outside the village of Hoshifuri. When Reco's people fall to a mysterious sickness, the young princess decides to leave the village and meet the God of the Koju, who may provide a cure. Riding her faithful Golden Beetle friend Kiniro, Reco must traverse the wilds, braving the hostile landscape and the aggressive Koju beasts on her journey through the Shinju Forest.
- Explore a beautiful fantasy world rendered in stunning HD sprite graphics. Battle a variety of giant "Koju" bugs across 5 stages, including a blazing desert, lush forests, and a serene cave. CAVE's trademark bullets create a stunning visual impression, with iconic patterns unfolding in every boss encounter!
- Play the definitive shooter from the legendary developers that pioneered the "bullet hell" genre! By decreasing the size of the player hitbox, Mushihimesama is able to challenge the player with some of the most intriguing and innovative shot patterns in the shoot 'em up genre. Experience the thrill of dodging thousands of bullets at once in one of CAVE's best games!
- Choose from several game modes: Arcade mode is designed to be as close to the original arcade game as possible. Novice mode is similar to Arcade, but balanced for new players. Arrange is a remixed version where you start with maximum firepower and defend yourself automatically. Customize further with 3 different weapon types and two different option types.
- Mushihimesama has several different modes and difficulty settings, including a mode specifically balanced for new players. No matter your skill level, you are certain to find a favorite mode! Bold players should try the notorious "Ultra" mode, which is infamous for being one of the most difficult challenges in gaming!
- Mushihimesama V1.5 "Matsuri" Mode is available separately as optional DLC. V1.5 is a remixed game mode with alternate music and mechanics. Crank up the multiplier by firing close to enemies, but beware, as the bullet speed will also increase! Previously, this mode was only available on an extremely limited basis, but now it is available to every player on Steam!
- Enjoy energetic and inspiring music from composers Manabu Namiki and Masaharu Iwata. There are two soundtracks included (three with V1.5) to create an unforgettable mood for each stage. You can choose which soundtrack to play for every stage and area, so feel free to mix and match your favorite tracks!
A robust list of optional features are supported, including:
- A training mode to assist with practicing individual stages.
- Multiple options to adjust viewing windows, screen size and position, and screen orientation. Try the vertical "tate" mode to get an arcade-authentic picture!
- An assortment of beautiful background images.
- Support for keyboard customization and multiple controllers.
- Online global leaderboards with replay sharing.
- Local co-op gameplay.
- Steam achievements.
Categories in common with Mushihimesama: Action
34. Oriental Empires
Step into the world of the ancient Orient. Control a city or tribe from the dawn of Chinese history, and turn it into a great empire. Develop your land, create great cities, raise huge armies and fight epic wars. Advance your technology, culture and religion to create one of mankind’s great civilizations. All the action takes place on one spectacular game map that brings to life the mountains, forests, plains and deserts of China. Zoom in close to review your troops and see your peasants toiling, or zoom out for a strategic overview. Plan your battles, end your turn, and then watch as your armies obey your orders, with hundreds of soldiers battling right on the game map.
- Start out as a single nation or tribe, starting from humble beginnings with a single settlement and expand your empire and develop your culture with the aim of becoming the universally recognized Son of Heaven and ruler of the world.
- Persuade the other factions to recognize you as such by either military force, or by diplomatic persuasion.
- Play as one of 16 different factions each with their own special bonuses or penalties.
- Vast beautifully rendered map featuring an attractive and authentic depiction of the landscape of China and Mongolia.
- Large scale battles with hundreds or thousands of soldiers, depicted in detail right on the game map. Watch skilled armies and reinforcements go to battle, according to the battle orders and formations set by the player.
- Fully animated 3D models, with variations in face and clothing for each model, including infantry, cavalry, chariot and artillery units, as well as naval forces.
- Long seamless zoom range lets you step right into the game world or zoom out for a strategic overview.
- Develop your settlements by constructing buildings and developing the landscape around them, build markets and ports to enable trade by land and water.
- Elaborate research tree including technology as well as cultural, philosophical and religious developments.
- Many other elements will determine the outcome of you quest for dominance such as Leaders, Sieges, Unrest and Rebellion, and Authority and Culture ratings.
- As Emperor, set edicts, laws and decrees to balance power and move into a glorious new Era, with new technologies and military units that change the game!
CaesarIA is inspired by an old-school economic strategy game, Caesar III which is a masterpiece among the games of this genre in our opinion. There are different economic strategy games and they can be broken down to subtypes but from our viewpoint Caesar encompasses planning, constructing, diplomacy and military campaigns.
Economy and Trade
Miniature model of an economy leaves the ruler no room for mistakes, under his leadership there are extractive industry (mines, sawmills, outcrop mines and farms) and production (factories, armories, wineries and brandy kitchens). And if some resource is scarce or not available, then trade with the neighbors can be a solution for the difficult situation. Mini-economy is complicated and takes into account a variety of facts: taxes, import/export, population of the town, healthcare, unemployment. In order to stay in the black it is necessary to develop houses with high income level but that can lead to a rise in unemployment which consequently results in big problems such as an embezzlement of municipal purse.
Construction is defined by the needs of the town, healthcare, procurement, buildings security provision. The main idea of construction is bringing workers to the area, there actors entertain the public, engineer provides service for shabby houses, vigils fight criminals. Moreover, city folk prefer to occupy quiet picturesque location such as gardens farther from dirty barns and noisy barracks.
The emperor will not leave the town alone, Caesar himself will demand goods for his personal use, sometimes in huge amounts and with bad timing. If the player has enough nerve he/she can just turn a blind eye to Caesar which unfortunately results in game over. Therefore, it is important to stay friends with Caesar and send him presents such as modest donations or exotic animals. Towns in the neighborhood will also take part in common trade network of the Empire and compete in the deals with the town.
Romans were superstitions people and created the whole hierarchy of gods. 5 gods are in the game:
- Earth goddess, Ceres, when worshiped in the right way doubles the yield capacity.
- Restive Neptune can help the merchants have a successful voyage.
- Sly Mercurius can fill all barns and storage houses up to the roof.
- Spirit of Mars protects the town from foes brave enough to attack the town.
- Venus can brighten up the mood of city folk for a long time.
Attitude of the City Folk
The attitude of the city folk to you will be very important, if the reputation of the ruler is bad it can start the emigration, then criminal rate increases - riots, fires and many other problems occur. Therefore, it is necessary to take care of the people and analyse current deficiency. Healthcare is provided by hospitals and bath houses. Entertainment is fence play and chariot-riding. Food comes from farms and the sea. Religion and security are at control of the regular army.
The city has to be protected from invasions of barbarians, the creation of bastille lies ahead, soldiers and barracks can be situated there as well as recruit depot. However, this is a way to recruit only varmint velites and reckless equites. Roman army is its legionnaires and they are heavily armored with helmets and shields that means a demand for ore and iron which are not so easy to excavate. But even if you have 2 cohorts of legionnaires nobody is free of fear therefore there is a need in a military academy where soldiers can have additional training in survival and ethics.
+ Upload of the map from the original Caesar III game;
+ Construction\demolition of buildings and edifices;
+ Migration of population;
+ Farming and product distribution;
+ Entertainment, healthcare, religion, education;
+ Empire trade network with computer towns;
+ Extraction of raw materials and manufacturing;
+ Prefects, engineers, apprentices, soldiers, etc.;
+ Dynamic town modeling;
+ Changing the level of the houses according to the environment;
+ Healthcare and water facilities;
+ Military buildings.
- Real-life financial system (salary, goods purchase, hiring);
- Specialization of city folk, setting up personal relations and families;
- Class system in the town (slaves, plebs, clients and patricians);
- Various climate conditions;
- Map editor;
- Computer towns and empires modeling;
- Network play.
We are a team of little pigs building a brick house to keep the wolf from the door. With over 30 years of collective experience developing the Fable series and its community, we hope to infuse our games with the same charm, eccentricity, and humour that permeated that series.
Using all their experiences from Lionhead, the team is working hard to make Kynseed the sort of game they’d always wished had been made. To help us on this journey, we’ll be calling upon the PixelCount community (that’s you!) to give us feedback, guidance, and flattery. Mainly the latter, if we’re being honest.
Ultimately, we want to keep it real with the players and never feed them a company line. So, for better or worse, you can expect us to talk to you with the same honesty and candor as a coworker: with plenty of cursing and sarcasm.
37. The Sojourn
The Sojourn is a thought-provoking first-person puzzle game in which you traverse the parallel worlds of light and darkness in search of answers to the nature of reality.
A classic story about light and darknessYou are born into a beautiful, pure land, but everything is not as it seems. Darkness seeps through every crevice and forms the foundation of the world you live in. Open your eyes to the shadows of the world to uncover the hidden truth.Challenge and lose yourselfVenture into the enchanting world of The Sojourn and face life’s obstacles by solving dozens of unique puzzles that will challenge your perception of your own reality. Take in gorgeous environments as you delve into the game’s four chapters, each with a distinct atmosphere and style.Key featuresDozens-upon-dozens of challenging puzzles
Delve into four beautifully crafted chapters, each with their own distinct style and atmosphere
Banish the darkness in order to reveal the obstacles The Sojourn has prepared for you
Unravel a captivating tale of light, darkness, and the nature of reality
38. 8-Bit Hordes
The Hordes are Coming!
From the team that brought you 8-Bit Armies comes a new fantasy RTS as fast-paced and friendly as the original! 8-BIT HORDES is a colorful strategy-arcade game that is easy to learn for players of all skill levels. Collect resources, build up and defend your base, amass your army of orcs or humans and ultimately crush your opponents! 8-Bit Hordes features offline single-player missions, two-player cooperative missions, AI skirmish mode, and Player-vs-Player Multiplayer modes running on dedicated game servers.
8-Bit Hordes includes all the following:
- 2 Factions - The Dark Orcs and their Undead allies versus those annoyingly cheery Humans, Dwarves and Elves of the Lightbringers.
- 24 offline campaign missions
- 12 co-op missions to play with your friendly fiends
- 10 multiplayer/skirmish maps that support up to 8 trolls online
- Devious AI opponents with multiple difficulty options to play with cooperatively or destroy
- Classic Base-Building mechanics let you construct the ultimate lair from which to launch attacks against your foes
- Destructible environments on maps ranging from the underworld to cemeteries and haunted forests
- A fun and friendly art style even the forever cursed would enjoy
- Full interoperability with 8-Bit Armies' factions and maps providing endless crossover combat opportunities
- An awesome new soundtrack by Frank Klepacki
- From the same team that brought you RTS classics such as Star Wars: Empire at War, Universe at War, and Grey Goo
8-Bit Hordes is for anyone that enjoys RTS games but felt overwhelmed by complicated game mechanics and mysterious unit controls. With hours of solo and co-op gameplay included, there's something here for everyone!
39. Dogs of War Online
Deploy your troops, unleash your champion, dominate the battlefield !
The world of Aarklash is at war, into the jaws of incessant conflicts between the forces of Light, Dark and Destiny. In each of these alliances, some free companies are forming and traveling across the continent in search of glory. Veterans with heavy past, greedy bandits and other disreputable guys group together in spite of their differences.
Based on the famous miniature board game “Confrontation”, Dogs of War Online is a free, turn based, tactical game where your will build your own team of mercenaries and lead them to victory against other players or the AI.
The whole game is truly available for free. Play to unlock 54 units with unique set of skills and abilities and 9 Champions to lead your armies. Progressively learn how to master the dozens of skills and abilities available and how to maximize the synergies between your units.
Wether you choose to play with the mighty Wolfen warriors, the brave soldiers of Alahan or the undead of Acheron, remember that only your tactical skills can lead you to victory on the battlefield.
Key features :
- Balance and game rules based on the miniature tactical game Confrontation.
- 3 factions with different play style : Light, Darkness and Destiny.
- 9 Champions to lead your companies.
- 54 unique units to unlock, thousands of company combinations available.
- Innovative game mode with multiple objectives.
- Monthly tournament.
Categories in common with Dogs of War Online: Strategy
40. 永遠消失的幻想鄉 ～ The Disappearing of Gensokyo
"The Disappearing of Gensokyo" is a Touhou Project doujin game made with our love and heart, we hope you enjoy it.
A game from MyACG Studio, a Chinese doujin game fan circle.
- We have re-imagined Touhou as an ARPG, creating this "Danmaku-Shooting-ARPG".
- Fight against different kinds of enemies, and defeat the powerful bosses of Gensokyo!
- We hope this game will be a good experience for those who are both new and knowledgeable of Gensokyo - the world of Touhou Project!
A brand new "Danmaku-Shooting-ARPG" game.
We have kept the Danmaku features of Touhou, and re-imagined it as an ARPG!
We know you want more playable characters~!
Control characters from Gensokyo with interesting and unique abilities.
Use their special abilities to defeat a variety of enemies and bosses.
A variety of enemies
An "Incident" happens again as usual. Strange people are appearing in Gensokyo!
Who are they? Where did they come from? Why did they come here?
But no matter, you have to defeat them!
Exciting Boss Combat
We spent a lot of time polishing the boss fights.
Fight against famous Touhou characters, find their weaknesses, and save Gensokyo!
You will explore Heaven, the Hakurei Shrine, Misty Lake, the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and more famous places in Gensokyo!
Explore the world of Gensokyo and find out what's going on!
Solve the Incident!
It's an Incident! But this time, "Incident resolver -- Hakurei Reimu" doesn't appear!
Where is she? Gensokyo is in danger!
Touhou Project Creator: ZUN
Developer: MyACG Studio
This game complies with the guidelines for releasing Touhou doujin games on Steam.
41. Breach & Clear: Deadline Rebirth (2016)
A deadly new breed of human monster is on the rise, and it’s up to players to stop the infestation before it spreads. Breach & Clear: DEADline Rebirth is a new and greatly improved version of B&C: Deadline. the follow-up to Breach & Clear, the critically acclaimed hybrid tactical strategy game. The game gives players real-time control over a squad of four elite Special Forces tasked with tracking down information on the source of the infestation.
- Enthralling Action: Adds real-time strategy to a franchise already acclaimed for its tactical combat.
- New Modes: An all-new Command Mode gives total control over the entire squad for on-the-fly tactical planning.
- Deep, strategic gameplay: Plan and execute detailed strategies as players encounter a wide assortment of enemy types and combat scenarios.
- Detailed open world: Explore the secrets hidden deep within Harbor City via several districts, each with dynamically generated areas.
- RPG Elements: Countless side quests where players can grab experience and level up their squad’s core and tactical abilities, grab rare ammo, weapons and gear.
"Warbanners" is a turn-based, tactical strategy game with role-playing elements. Managing a squad of mercenaries, the player will experience the story campaign's 42 missions, with the ultimate goal of solidifying their place in the ancient legends.
• Create a unique army: hire and equip soldiers, develop their fighting qualities, and learn new skills.
• Hire assistants: although they do not participate in battles, assistants give different bonuses, including a formidable catapult, poisoning enemies, increasing morale, and much more.
• Immerse yourself in a multi-faceted battle system that takes into account a variety of factors, including landscape and lighting, the direction of the unit's gaze, morale, and fatigue.
• Use the environment for tactical purposes: freeze rivers, chop and burn trees, dig trenches, build bridges and barricades, and so on.
• Choose the optimal level of difficulty: from easy for beginners, to nightmarish for sophisticated tacticians.
With every step marked by blood and iron, an invisible but deadly threat becomes more tangible. Darkness, brooding in the corners of the soul, becomes ever more palpable....
TheoTown is a city building game in which you can build and manage your own city. Take on the role of a city builder and manage multiple cities! Create a town and build it up to an enormous metropolis.
Be the mayor of each city that can establish amazing skylines and structures, all of which simulate various statistics. Establish great and complex transportation networks. Choose how your citizens will move around! Train stations, airports, bus depots. Manage and customize your transportation vehicles! Pick your aircraft livery , establish your bus routes, build your rail network! Tackle emergency events, such as natural disasters, disease, crime, and fire. Erect world wonders like Big Ben, the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty and many more! Feel like something is missing? Add it, with user made plugins!
44. Stranded Sails - Explorers of the Cursed Islands
Along with your crew you are ship-wrecked on a mysterious archipelago. As the son of the gravely injured captain you take charge and set up a camp for the survivors. Since food resources are limited you plant your own crops and establish a small farm. Your goal is to eventually build a new ship. So you search all 7 islands for useful treasures and forage deeper and deeper into the wilderness. On your excursions many exciting quests and challenging puzzles await you – as well as numerous dangers and threats. Will you solve the secret of the cursed islands? It's the only way to escape. Awaken the adventurer deep inside!Farming & the Crew
Set up a survivors' camp and find food resources. Since resources are limited you plant your own crops. Step by step you establish your own farm to feed all survivors and keep them happy in your camp. Only then will you manage to reach your goal of building a new ship and escape from the archipelago. If your crew members are happy and well-fed, they'll take care of the farming while you're away exploring the 7 islands.Exploration
Using your father's old navy spyglass you embark on many exploration trips from one island to the other and discover – both along the road and in the thickets – may different useful tools to be used with other materials. And on the different islands new plant seeds and many other amazing treasures are just waiting to be found.Story-Driven Quests
To expand your survivors' camp and make work for your crew a little easier, you can take on various quests in your island paradise. But careful – that island idyll is quite treacherous! You're not alone with your crew. Some strange threats loom on certain islands! Will you solve the secret of the cursed islands? Because that's the only way to ever leave them.
Experience a relaxed open world farming adventure
Farm and cook to survive
Master story-driven quests full of adventure
Discover the islands to find new plants and useful items
Watch your energy reserves and choose the right food
Provide food for your crew and improve their level of happiness
Explore 7 excitingly different islands
Solve tricky puzzles and challenges
Manage the creation and expansion of a survivors' camp
Fight against supernatural dangers
Solve the secret of the cursed islands
Prove your skills as a ship builder
Experience a survival adventure with day and night cycle
45. Hakoniwa Explorer Plus
OverviewGet ready for a voxel art action game featuring an unprecedented level of freedom!
A whole range of cute girl monsters are waiting to punch, kick, wrap you up, suck your blood, and eat you right up.
Progressing through the gameApproach a villager from the front and make contact with them to start a conversation and acquire info on dungeons.
Search the world map using the info you’ve acquired to discover dungeons and gradually increase the size of the searchable area.
Cool things may happen if you can defeat the various area bosses and stack up your achievements...
CharactersMain Character: An unemployed drifter. You can choose your gender before embarking on your journey.
Sukumizu: She’ll guide you along the way. Touch her butt and she’ll berate you for being a pervert (incurs 1 damage).
Villagers: Approach them from the front and make contact to start a conversation. Be sure to avoid falling out of favor.
Monsters: Mostly soft, cute, sadistic girls.
A wide variety of weapons is at your disposal, including claws, clubs, swords, axes, and bows. Attack range and number of attacks vary according to weapon. Some also incur status ailments.
Flame Sword: Sends enemies up in flames.
Has similar effects on social media and blogs.
Rapidfire Bow: A technical weapon used for long-ranged attacks.
Can fire off three consecutive shots.
Various defensive implements are also available, such as shields, armor, shoes, helmets, and rings. Some of these provide extra resistance against status ailments or carry special effects.
Sukumizu: While lacking in defensive ability, it grants a very smooth movement.
Can be used for various purposes, including swimming, your own viewing pleasure, and more.
Sacred Ring: Oh snap! You can automatically regenerate HP!
Unfortunately, however, it offers no defense capability.
Consumable items can be used to regenerate HP, increase your level, enhance weapons and defensive equipment, increase attack range, and more. Some of the more rare items become effective simply by possessing them.
Blanched Crab: Crab chock full of delicious meat and juicy juices.
Pervy Liquid: A slippery, naughty liquid which carefully melts away only clothing fibers.
Big-ass Grenade: A special bomb featuring hardcore destructive power.
After being set, it explodes after three seconds, so make sure to get the hell away immediately.
Developer CommentThis is Suxa (suxamethonium), creator of Hakoniwa Explorer Plus.
Originally, this was never intended to be made into a game, but as I went along adding all sorts of new elements and stuff, at some point it kinda became the kind of game that lots of people could enjoy.
Then I somehow got a publisher attached, and now it seems the game has actually managed to make it out to market, which is unbelievable.
I appear in the game myself, so if you like, please come find me and say hi.
46. Backbone: Prologue
Howard Lotor is experienced and self-assured, but finds himself caught in the tedium of quotidian life. Most of the cases he works on are unremarkable domestic disputes. Odette Green’s case probably won’t be any different.
Backbone's gameplay is a new take on point-and-click adventure, featuring smell-based stealth mechanics and extensive branching dialogues reminiscent of classic CRPGs. As Howard, you must traverse the different districts of a now walled-off Vancouver to sniff out clues, collect evidence, interrogate witnesses, choose which leads to follow, and unravel The City’s secrets.
47. Super Rad Raygun
It is the year 198X. Big hair is hot, and the war with the Soviets is colder than a refreshing glass of New Coke. RAD RAYGUN must travel the world fighting communist robots, and save the 1980′s by shooting his way through the decade in a totally fresh, expanded version of the original XBLIG game.
SUPER RAD RAYGUN pits Rad against a whole new wave of deadly enemies and locations – from the Communist strongholds of the Far East to strategically insignificant islands off the South American coast. But chill out, because Rad has gnarly new weapons, upgrades, and a revamped gameplay engine to help him out.
Ultra sharp 144p resolution graphics and 4 unique shades of monochrome off-green bring Rad Raygun to life, as only 80′s mobile technology can.
Coming November 2016 for PC, Mac, and Linux.
48. Edge of Twilight – Return To Glory
*This contain only first chapter of Edge of Twilight*
"Edge of Twilight - Return to Glory" is a 3rd person action adventure game presenting a unique post-apocalyptic, steampunk fantasy world that has been split into separate realms of Day and Night. Players take the role of Lex, an outcast bounty hunter who finds himself caught amidst the clash of two polar opposite civilizations, the industrial Atherns and the spiritual Lithern, the result of impetuous greed for a solitary source of energy.
Players will discover that Lex is the only living halfbreed in the world, rejected by society and burdened with the unique ability to venture through the two parallel realms. Ironically, that society will soon learn that his halfbreed heritage is the last chance their world has to escape complete darkness. During his journey, Lex will become part of an increasingly complex and enthralling storyline that will blur the line between good and evil, right and wrong. A story of wildly interesting characters, over-the-top action, and deep, ornate mysteries set within a universe where anything is possible.
- An immersive post-apocalyptic world that combines both Victorian steampunk and alternative fantasy elements.
- A new brand of fast-paced cinematic combat and action that adapts depending on the character’s persona and the player’s reactions.
- A world divided into the realms of Day and Night; an antihero torn between two personas, each possessing its own distinct abilities.
- A unique, twisting, and captivating storyline that dynamically alters based on the player’s level of involvement.
- A living, breathing world populated by an interesting and wildly different cast of characters.
49. Unhappy Ever After
‘Unhappy Ever After’ is a dark, yet funny, RPG that takes traditional fairy tales and turns them on their heads. Along your journey you will meet familiar characters that you’ve know all your life and see them in new situations and within frameworks that you will make you both laugh and despair.
Beyond its parody to the fantasy, ‘Unhappy Ever After’ also aims to parody the real, drawing on situations that are all too pervasive in our world, such as drug abuse, terrorism, and dirty politics. Death too is a prevalent theme and no character, no matter how well known, how famous, or how integral to the plot, is safe from its cold hand!
Despite its beautiful graphics, wondrous music, and humorous interludes, ‘Unhappy Ever After’ is a game, in places, designed to shock and appal, and where your decisions, no matter how noble can lead to devastating ends.
* Explore a free-roam world where you decide who to help and who to leave to their own fate.
* Meet characters from ancient stories and rhymes such as Hansel and Gretel,or Little Red Riding Hood.
* A unique magic system where strengthening one ability weakens another.
* An addictive drug system, complete with dealers and quests.
* An adult-themed RPG with political coups, terrorism, drugs, murder, and revenge.
* Beautiful lands to explore.
* A coming of age story with meaningful character progression.
* Team up with interesting and powerful companions each with their own story, conversations, and personalities!
* A day and night system where characters go to bed and monsters come out at night.
* 14 hour story-line with many extra side quests, plus another 2 hour free bonus DLC 'The Maze of Cefgellin'
* Play on after the story's end, doing quests, and building up your character and base camp.
* Controller support, Mouse and Keyboard - full keybinding.
50. FIVE: Champions of Canaan
Battle your way to honor and glory in the bloodthirsty fighting arenas of the ancient lands. Pit your strength and skill against the fiercest of enemies. Conquer your foes while claiming wondrous and powerful armaments as you strive to earn the enemy commander’s trust and avert a disastrous war!
Gladiatorial ArenasFight hordes of barbaric and fierce enemies in epic gladiatorial style combat. Train and master engaging your foes. Use the ever changing arena terrain to your advantage.
Exemplify HeroismHeroes and Champions aren't just born, they're forged in the fires of conflict. The honor your father's legacy has earned is only the beginning.
Purpose bigger than selfA hard won peace hangs in the balance. Bloodthirsty enemies conspire and scheme to brew another bloodbath of war. Are you worthy to hold the keys to peace
Heroes' LegacyYour father and family’s hard won honor will only take you so far. Even with his sword in your hand and his armor on your back, will your mettle be enough?
Your enemy never sleepsUnravel the mysterious plans of your enemies. Their commanders work tirelessly to raise and train an army for one purpose – war! Your life is one thing, but the lives of your children and children’s children is another. Foil their fiendish plot for future war and destruction.