The best games like Putrefaction 2: Void Walker are:
- arrow_rightDeus Ex: Mankind Divided
- arrow_rightMax Payne 3
- arrow_rightJust Cause 3
- arrow_rightLeft 4 Dead
- arrow_rightAlien: Isolation
- arrow_rightThe Evil Within
- arrow_rightSleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
- arrow_rightS.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
100 Best Games Like Putrefaction 2: Void Walker:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (53)
- PlayStation 4 (55)
- iOS (21)
- Android (18)
- macOS (76)
- Linux (52)
- Nintendo Switch (26)
- Nintendo 3DS (3)
- Nintendo DS (4)
- Xbox 360 (45)
- Xbox (5)
- PlayStation 3 (55)
- PlayStation 2 (15)
- PlayStation (3)
- PS Vita (4)
- PSP (5)
- Wii U (4)
- Wii (7)
- GameCube (1)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- Dreamcast (3)
- Web (1)
1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is currently the last entry in the Deus Ex franchise. It was two years after the accident in Human Revolution, where augmented people started to act uncontrollable and aggressive. As it turns out, a rogue group called Illuminati made it look like a proof for their instability and now augmented people are living like outcasts.
We follow Adam Jensen once again as he works as a double agent for Interpol and a hackers group called Juggernaut Collective to confront the Illuminati and reveal the truth.
The core gameplay of Mankind Divided hasn't changed much except minor changes like no need for batteries anymore because your energy bar slowly regenerates itself back and a non-killing politic. You can beat the game without killing anyone making Mankind Divided a big morality question for the player as he walks it through.
2. Max Payne 3
In Max Payne III we see Max from a new perspective. Taking place nine years after the second game, Payne left the police department in New York and now serves as a private security contractor in São Paulo, Brazil. Guarding the Branco family - Ricardo, Victor and Marcelo, everything turns into a disaster when a local street gang kidnaps Ricardo's wife. In attempt saving Ricardo's wife, another outlaw involves. In the end, Max has to infiltrate the gang to save Fabiana and perform some justice.
Even if Max is old, he still can put on a hell of a fight. A cover system provides some good tactical advantages and bullet time is now something iconic for the series. Manipulating with time, Max can perform some amazing tricks to kill his opponent. Also, you can shoot from any angle basically, while lying on the ground. If that isn't enough for you, you can obliterate your enemies with melee attacks or blow them up by using explosives.
As another feature of the game, no loading screens are involved. Cut-scenes are also interactive, and with that, the process of the game is absolutely smooth which makes the best experience from an intense shooter.
3. Just Cause 3
Just Cause 3 is an open-world action adventure with the large locus on freedom of exploring. It is the thirds title in the Just Cause series produced by Avalanche Studios, preceded by the first two numerical parts and having the 4th part not yet released as its successor.
Rico Rodriguez is the protagonist of the game, who is continually being forced to deal with bandits and dictators somewhere in the Mediterranean. The events of the third game in the series take place 6 years after the second installment.
Any game of this category is strongly associated with complete freedom of roaming, and the third part pushes all the metrics up: you now have 1 000 square kilometers of space to wander around and upgraded hook which has allowed you continuously to overcome any obstacle. The grappling hook works like a universal tool: you may drag your enemies closer Skorpion-style, climb mountains and cling to foe's cars.
Not only tools but physics provide unique exploring experience — the key word for them is an exaggeration for any event in the game looks like it was cut straight out of an action movie.
4. Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead is set in a zombie apocalypse situation. You play as one of four different characters - Louis, Zoe, Bill or Francis - and try to go to safety zones at each of the levels or leaving the infected areas. The main story follows four protagonists in their attempts to escape the hordes of zombies and other infected mutants. Every single time though something goes wrong.
At every single chapter, players must defend themselves from a horde of zombies as well as completing different tasks in order to leave the location - power up the generator, contact military service via radio or some other objects. Every level you start in a safe room with melee and firearms weapon, like UZI, Katana, AK-47, supplies and medicaments like the first-aid kit which will heal you or your partner and painkillers which will give you some amount of health that you will lose over time. Ordinary zombies are not the only enemies you are going to face, as Smokers, Hunters, Tanks and other mutated monsters are about to stop you from getting to the end of the level.
5. Alien: Isolation
Alien: Isolation is an action-survival horror game played from the first-person perspective for a more intense experience. The game is not a sequel to any of Alien games, but it is directly connected to the original 1979 Alien film, so the gameplay includes historical references, and the game itself transfers the unique atmosphere and the old vision of the future. The action is set 15 years after the film events. Young Amanda Ripley accompanied by Nina Taylor and the android Christopher Samuels reaches a distant space station Sevastopol to investigate the case of her mother Ellen Ripley (the protagonist of the 1979 film) disappearance. On the way to the Nostromo’s (Ellen’s spacecraft) flight recorder, Amanda will face plenty of hardships like hostile androids and Aliens because the Sevastopol station is wholly abandoned. Players have to explore the entire station inhabited with Aliens. Due to the crafting system, players can create the necessary gear to prevent contacts with countless enemies.
Categories in common with Alien: Isolation: Action
6. The Evil Within
The Evil Within is a third-person survival horror action game developed by Tango Gameworks.
Detective Sebastian Castellanos and two of his and two of his partners come on call to the Beacon mental hospital. The hospital is filled with dead bodies upon the police arrival. Castellanos has to find out what is going on in the Beacon.
Being a survival horror, looking for supplies is crucial in The Evil Within. The game teaches the player when should they run away from the enemy or pick up the fight. Terrible monsters are not the only dangers in the game as there are a lot of traps scattered around the level that can be either used by Sebastian or trap him causing a lot of damage. The game world transforms during the game as a result of player actions.
Players can use a safe house named 'Safe Haven' that is accessed either further into the plot development or by finding mirrors during the game. This safe house features a save room, an upgrade room, and several storage safes.
Although the ammunition is hard to find in the game, players have access to a wide variety of firearms which include but are not limited to a revolver, shotgun, and a sniper rifle.
7. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition is a remaster of Sleeping Dogs, an action game about a police officer’s undercover work inside an Asian criminal organization. It features the original game with improved graphics and several expansion packs, including Nightmare in North Point and Year of the Snake.
You take on the role of Wei Shen, who joins the 'Sun On Yee' Triad gang and starts to complete different assignments to get to the head of the organization. During the investigation, you will explore different sides of Hong Kong where traditional Asian culture meets neon lights and modern skyscrapers. In Definitive Edition the city's environment is upgraded with huge attention to details and lightning.
Your way up to the top of the mafia clan will consist of numerous fights, where you can use multiple guns along with melee combat and pieces of the environment. Besides the battles, Wei Shen can use gadgets for exploration, sing in karaoke bars, date women and interact with deeply developed NPCs.
8. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
This post-apocalyptic game that spawned the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise is inspired by (but not really based on) the 'Roadside Picnic' novel by brothers Strugatsky and Tarkovsky's movie 'Stalker', borrowing some of the terms and aesthetics from both. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is set in Ukraine, in the infamous Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. Several parts of the open-world setting were modeled after the real Chernobyl surroundings, including the power plant and the city of Pripyat, although designers took some liberties. The bleak environment and dark ambient music help to create an unsettling atmosphere of this place.
According to the backstory, in 2006, the second Chernobyl disaster occurred, turning the surrounding area into post-apocalyptic ruins, full of grotesque mutants and time-space anomalies. The "stalkers" in this world are the explorers who wander The Zone in search of valuable loot. You play as the Marked One, a stalker who lost his memory. All that remains of his past is a memo that says “Kill Strelok”. The Marked One will have to learn more about himself, Strelok, The Zone, and its mysteries. The plot is non-linear, and there are multiple endings that depend on the quests you completed earlier.
9. Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero is the second installment in first-person multiplayer shooter series Counter-Strike. It is the only game in the Counter-Strike main series that includes a single-player campaign. In the campaign, you play as a leader of a special forces squad. You form your team from a cast of pre-made characters with unique features and go on through several unconnected missions. The missions themselves are mostly a string of multiplayer matches played with AI bots and some additional challenges like killing enemies with a specific type of weapon
The multiplayer part of the game is very similar to the previous installment. There are two teams in every match: terrorists and counter-terrorists. You choose one of the sites and have to defeat the enemy team by killing hostile players or completing different tasks. For doing this, you also get money rewards which you can spend on more advanced weapons and gear.
The game also features Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes, the early version of the game, developed by Ritual Entertainment before the game was handled to Turtle Rock Studios.
Categories in common with Counter-Strike: Condition Zero: Action
10. Far Cry
The game that started the popular Far Cry series. The player assumes the role of Jack Carver, a former special forces operative who became a ferryman. The protagonist was hired by a journalist Valerie Constantine to escort her to a remote Pacific island. Soon after they arrived, the boat was attacked, and Valerie went missing. Now Carver is stranded on an archipelago covered by tropical rainforests, which are hiding an abandoned Japanese warship, a secret lab, and an active volcano. On a search for Valerie, he will fight a gang of mercenaries and discover the monstrous experiments that are carried out on this islands.
Carver eventually gains access to a variety of firearms. He’s also equipped with binoculars that allow him to see and even hear the enemies from far away. Stealth and detection are the central aspects of the Far Cry gameplay. The lush vegetation in the jungle offers perfect cover, so both Carver and his opponents can hide and sneak behind each other’s backs. The design and huge size of levels allow for a variety of routes and approaches to complete each mission, with use of stealth, surprise attacks, sniping, or another tactic of your choice.
11. Homefront: The Revolution
Homefront: The Revolution is an open-world FPS developed by Dambuster Studios. It is the second game in the series.
In 1972, a technological marvel emerged in North Korea. The APEX corporation was found. Sometime later, the North Korean technologies become more widespread than the US. In 2004 the United States began to buy its weaponry from Korea. By 2016 the United States economy is at an all-time low, the US invade the Middle East. In 2025, the US debt to North Korea grows too immense to be paid out, and the economy crumbles. While being helpful at first, North Korea's military set foot on the American soil. You become a part of the resistance based in Philadelphia in 2029 trying to set the city free from Korean People's Army.
The players have to use the insurgency strategies in order to free the city of Philadelphia from the KPA. A wide set of explosives, jammers, and traps is available to the player. It is possible to modify the weapons the player has on the go. Attach suppressors, scopes or convert your weapon entirely as you see fit.
Philadelphia is split into three zones: the Green Zone where the KPA and their collaborators live in comfort with stable electricity supply and clean drinking water; the Yellow Zone which serves as a ghetto for most of the Philadelphia residents; the Red Zone which mostly consists of bombed-out suburbs of Philly.
A four-player co-op mode is present in the game and is separated from the main campaign.
12. Zombie Driver HD
Zombie Driver HD is a single-player action game, combining elements of shooter and racing. The events set in a zombie apocalypse environment.
There are three game modes. The first one is a classical story mode.
You play as a taxi driver, who is doing his work when the virus appears. You need to get to the military checkpoint, where you have to complete different missions: picking up survivors around the city, transporting something or even killing. You have to fight with the bosses – substantial mutated zombies. In the second mode, Blood Race, the player enters the brutal race. You can chase the cars and take them down. There are three distinct game types: classic race; eliminator, where the player needs to take down cars as many as he can; the endurance, in which you need to race with a ticking bomb in your vehicle. The last one is Slaughter. You try to survive on different arenas as long as you can.
As for the vehicles, there are 13 types of driving. It includes a fire truck, bulldozer, and tank.
Every vehicle feels different, so you can taste it and choose the most convenient one. Upgrading the vehicle on the fly is possible. The game offers the variety of weapons. You can burn zombies with flamethrowers or attack with the launcher. You fight with crowds of zombies at a time, especially in the Slaughter mode. The types of enemies can be unusual: there are zombies dogs, for instance. Medical drops, scattered around the city, can help to manage your health.
13. Mount & Blade: Warband
In a land torn asunder by incessant warfare, it is time to assemble your own band of hardened warriors and enter the fray. Lead your men into battle, expand your realm, and claim the ultimate prize: the throne of Calradia!
Mount & Blade: Warband is the eagerly anticipated stand alone expansion pack for the game that brought medieval battlefields to life with its realistic mounted combat and detailed fighting system.
Graphical overhaul: Support added for HDR, FSAA, depth of field, soft particles, tone mapping, and many other effects
New models with greater detail and high-quality textures
Multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege
A campaign allowing you to become the ruler of a faction and convince lords to become your vassals
The ability to upgrade your companions to vassals by granting them lands
The ability to marry a lady of the realm for romance or cold political gain. Try to win a lady’s heart through poetry or bravery
Improved mechanics for soldier morale: Soldiers will break and run away if their morale gets too low
Pick any projectile off the battlefield for use as additional munitions
New motion-captured combat animations
Numerous improvements to the combat system: Your shield will still stop arrows even if you are not actively defending
The ability to play multiplayer matches on random maps as well as hand-designed ones
Multiplayer equipment system: Earn money by fighting opponents or accomplishing goals
The ability to use most throwing weapons in close combat: Switch to using a javelin as a short spear when the enemy gets close
Spend gold on more powerful equipment, using a carefully balanced system that will make combat more exciting without giving too much of an advantage to the leading team
14. A Story About My Uncle
A Story About My Uncle is a first-person adventure with a heavy focus on moving using a grappling hook and a non-violent approach thus making the plot and landscapes the critical focus of the gaming experience. There is no series of this game: it is the only title in the IP by Gone North also known as Goat Simulator creators.
The core gameplay features are the energetic costume giving its owner the ability to jump higher and use the grappling hook, and various updates to this outfit, for example, jetpack boots. While mastering this Spider-Man-like potential, the hero encounters various non-hostile NPCs and environment, the only menacing obstacle in the game is a one-eyed worm, lurking in one of the caves. However, the worst scenario is that it blows you off the cliff. Worm likes to take a nap so getting over him is not a big deal.
The plot follows a boy looking for his uncle, Freud. His nephew, after a little research in his flat, has discovered the super costume and traveled to another dimension. There are some optional collectibles scattered across the world. We shall also meet Maddy, who helps us find a missing character
15. Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter is an HD remaster of 2001 FPS Serious Sam: The First Encounter developed by Croteam.
The story takes place in a near future where humanity has unraveled an ancient artifact in Egypt which allowed for major technological advancements such as deep space travel. While exploring the space, Sam awakens an alien named Mental that destroys any intelligent life in the universe every 100.000 years. In an effort to save humanity, scientists send Sam back in time in order to kill Mental and prevent any destruction from happening in the first place.
The game features large-scale linear levels that are free for the player to explore as there are secrets hidden throughout them. Most of the levels follow a similar pattern of multiple arenas where players fight several waves of enemies connected by a pathway between them. The scoring system is also present. Player's score depends on the difficulty they play on and on the type of enemy they kill.
Players can get additional information on the enemies, weapons or the surroundings via NETRICSA, an implant inside Sam's skull.
Serious Sam HD: TFE also features multiplayer and co-op with up to 16 people.
16. The Flame in the Flood
The Flame in the Flood is a roguelike survival game developed by The Molasses Flood.
The players objective is to survive the long river journey through the post-societal America. In order to survive, it is crucial to scavenge resources, look for food, find shelter, mend your boat and take care of your health.
The players have a certain time limit as they have to advance further the river before the rains catch up with them.
The game features a crafting system, hence why it is important to look for various objects in the game world. A complicated wound treatment system is also present in the game as players have to know how to treat a snake bite or hypothermia.
The developers put a strong emphasis on procedural generation used in the game. Anything from the river itself to every AI encounter is generated on-the-go. Fear, hunger, and aggression affect the NPCs behavior.
Resembling a roguelike genre, the death in-game is permanent to some degree. You will have to start from the head of the river but you are able to save some of your items using your faithful dog.
17. Resident Evil HD Remaster
The game that defined the survival-horror genre is back! Check out the remastered HD version of Resident Evil.<br/><br/>In 1998 a special forces team is sent to investigate some bizarre murders on the outskirts of Raccoon City. Upon arriving they are attacked by a pack of blood-thirsty dogs and are forced to take cover in a nearby mansion. But the scent of death hangs heavy in the air. Supplies are scarce as they struggle to stay alive.<br/><br/>Graphics<br/><ul><li>More detailed graphics that retain the horror.<br/></li><li>The environments come alive with detail thanks to resolution upgrades and non-static 3D models.<br/></li><li>Post-processing effects like Bloom filters, which were not easy to do at the time of the original release, have been added to make the HD graphics even more realistic.<br/></li><li>High-Resolution Environments - We've increased the resolution of the background environments by recreating them with a mix of high-res static images, plus animated 3D models.</li></ul><br/>Widescreen Support<br/><ul><li>Widescreen (16:9) is supported, so players can experience a greater sense of immersion.<br/></li><li>In widescreen mode, the screen will scroll. The parts of the screen that get cut off on the top and bottom will scroll into view automatically depending on the character's position.<br/></li><li>You can switch the display mode during gameplay in real time.</li></ul><br/>Sound & New Controls<br/><ul><li>High-Quality Sound - The audio has been remastered to increase the sampling rate, and of course 5.1ch output is also now supported.<br/></li><li>New Controls<br/></li><li>You can play using the original control scheme or an alternate control scheme that lets you just push the analog stick to move in the direction you want to go.<br/></li><li>You can switch the control scheme during gameplay in real time.</li></ul>
18. Sniper Elite 3
This prequel to Sniper Elite V2 is set three years before the events of the previous game, in Northern Africa during the World War II. The player assumes the role of US special forces operative Karl Fairburne. His task is to eliminate the Nazi German general Franz Vahlen before he completes his project of a doomsday weapon. The locations and background events are inspired by the real historical places and battles.
The gameplay is strongly oriented towards stealth action. Your protagonist is a talented marksman who can use a variety of sniper rifles. Finding a perfect spot to snipe from is as important as changing it, since you cannot hold one position for too long without being detected. Fairburne’s condition and the environment influence his accuracy; for example, he cannot shoot straight after running or against the wind. A unique targeting system allows you to see where your bullet will hit the enemy’s body or a vehicle and the amount of damage it can deal. Fairburne can also use other types of guns, as well as explosives. Kills earn the player the points that push your character towards higher ranks. Besides the story mode, there’s a co-op mode and five multiplayer modes, including the classic deathmatch and “capture the flag”.
Shank, the first game in the series of its name, is defined by its comic-book visual style and graphic violence in the vein of Tarantino and Rodriguez movies. In the single-player mode, the game follows a story of a revenge. The player assumes the control of Shank, who used to be a mafia hitman before they killed his only love, Eva. He goes on a vendetta after her murderers, hunting them down and killing in brutal ways. There's also a cooperative mode that features a different plot, something of a prequel to the main storyline. In co-op, Shank and the other playable character, Falcone, have to save a strip model from a gang of bikers and fix a rigged wrestling match.
The game is played as a fast-paced 2D side-scroller. Shank uses three types of weapons: a firearm, a melee weapon, such as a chainsaw, and two daggers. All three should be used interchangeably to create a variety of combo movements, which are essential to master before you reach the late stages of the game. Enemy attacks can be dodged or blocked. Shank can also perform a number of acrobatic tricks and other movements, such as throwing enemies or jumping on them, which makes for a varied gameplay.
20. Crysis Warhead
Crysis Warhead is a standalone expansion of the original game, following the story and actions of Nomad’s ally – SAS Sergeant Michael “Psycho” Sykes. While the events of original Crysis are taking place, on the opposite side of the island players will have to join a vehicle convoy through the jungle and after the series of violent clashes with North Korean forced, Sykes is getting a new mission, to secure and locate another container, that’s reported to be carrying a nuclear warhead.
Crysis: Warhead was a showcase of capabilities of CryEngine 2 and was the first game by the Budapest studio of Crytek. The game is played just like the original crisis, aside from the addition of new weapons that can be fully customized as well. Separate from the story campaign, the game has an additional group of multiplayer modes, titled Crysis Wars. It used to have its own disc, its own installer and was considered a separate game, but it’s still in a bundle with Warhead. Unfortunately, this multiplayer is unavailable, since GameSpy ended all of its gaming services.
21. Legend of Grimrock
For all your misdeeds, you are sentenced to die at the top of Mount Grimrock. No one ever returned from this gruesome prison alive, but you can try and be the first to escape. On the inside, Mount Grimrock is full of dungeons that can allow the prisoners to slowly descend to the earth level. The dungeons are filled with intricate traps to evade, puzzles to solve, and hungry monsters to fight in real-time mode.
Legend of Grimrock has a strong old-school dungeon crawler feel to it, and its creators proudly admit that they were inspired by the traditional first-person RPGs like Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder. The player assumes control over a party of four customizable characters that are divided into three traditional D&D classes (fighter, rogue, and mage) and four quite non-traditional races (besides Human, there are Minotaur, Lizardman, and Insectoid).
There's a bit of Portal to Legend of Grimrock, in that the prisoners are instructed by a disembodied and unreliable voice that promises them a cheerful party if they make it through the dungeon. Your party can also stumble upon records left by a previous prisoner, Toorum, which don't really inspire hope. There's an achievement that unlocks Toorum as a playable character.
22. Red Faction
The series of video games, known for the destructiveness of virtual environments. The action takes place at the end of the 21st century. Humanity has colonized Mars and now is extracting minerals that are no longer available on Earth. The player takes control over the miner who goes by the name Parker, and who helps rebel forces with the uprising against the evil Ultor Corporation. The latter is entirely out of hand and violates the fundamental human rights: does not provide workers food and medicine and treats miners as slaves.
The main game mechanics is the GeoMod technology, which allows players to extensively change the virtual environment. For example, with the help of explosives or other improvised instruments. Unavailable earlier freedom of action allowы players to complete levels non-linearly, and change them beyond recognition. The version for the PC included an additional level of Glass House, in which GeoMod's capabilities could be used in full, and a multiplayer with 25 maps.
23. Anomaly: Warzone Earth
Anomaly: Warzone Earth is a real-time strategy based on tower defense genre principles. However, instead of protecting your base from waves of enemies, in this game, you try to break into aliens' facilities.
The story is set in the near future when an alien spacecraft falls on Earth. As the head of an investigation team, you need to explore the anomalies happening around the parts of the ship and find out the information about the catastrophe. As the section of the spacecraft landed in several cities, game events take place around the world.
The core gameplay is reversed tower defense mechanics. You have several armor units in the convoy; however, you can't manage them directly. Instead, you need to set paths for them through the city streets and use different boosts to make your attack more effective and help the convoy survive.
Anomaly: Warzone Earth is followed by Anomaly 2 that presents several new maps and mechanics including tower defense vs. tower offense multiplayer mode.
Ziggurat is an indie first-person adventure dungeon crawling game developed by Milkstone Studios.
The game was heavily inspired by Heretic and Hexen, which are considered classic first-person shooters. You play as a sorcerer who seeks fame. He enters a mysterious labyrinth and faces all the dangers of an ancient dungeon.
The game revolves around fast-paced and action-packed first-person shooting classical mechanics. Several roguelike elements were also added into the mix which resulted in a completely different addition to the genre. The levels are procedurally generated so that every playthrough will be different. Leveling up and improving your skills is a must in order to survive countless enemy encounters.
A perk system is also present in the game. Most of the perks featured in the game are designed for the players to create their own play style. The choice between the perks was purposely made simple. For example, the players have to choose between increased movement speed at the expanse of lower health or mana regeneration.
There is no inventory present in the game as it was streamlined in order to increase the gameplay speed. Instead of that, all the players have to manage is the comparison of several items, weapon selection, and the amount of mana and health.
25. Risen 3 - Titan Lords
Risen 3: Titan Lords is the final part of the Risen trilogy, a medieval-themed action RPG set in a fantasy world. The game isn’t directly connected to the events of Risen and Risen 2: Dark Waters but features several characters and locations from them.
You take on the role of the unnamed protagonist whose soul was stolen by a demon. You can return it with a magician’s help but you need to join one of three in-game factions, like in other Risen games. This leads to multiple quests you complete to gain the respect of your mentors. The story is non-linear; almost all locations are available from the very beginning.
Titan Lords uses the upgraded version of Dark Waters’ combat system that features sword and gunfights and using magic. All skills are upgradeable. The game includes both land and sea missions. A new gameplay feature is karma that affects your relationship with NPCs. The protagonist can become conditionally good or evil depending on his choices. However, his karma won’t define the game’s ending.
26. Friday the 13th: The Game
Friday the 13th: The Game is a third-person horror, survival game where players take on the role of a teen counselor, or for the first time ever, Jason Voorhees. You and six other unlucky souls will do everything possible to escape and survive while the most well-known killer in the world tracks you down and brutally slaughters you. Friday the 13th: The Game will strive to give every single player the tools to survive, escape or even try to take down the man who cannot be killed. Each and every gameplay session will give you an entirely new chance to prove if you have what it takes not only to survive, but to best the most prolific killer in cinema history, a slasher with more kills than any of his rivals!
Meanwhile, Jason will be given an array of abilities to track, hunt and kill his prey. Stalk from the shadows, scare your targets and kill them when the time is right in as brutal a fashion as you can imagine. Take control of the legendary killer that is Jason Voorhees and terrify those unfortunate enough to cross your path!
Play as Jason Voorhees!
For the first time ever, you will have the opportunity to play as Jason Voorhees, the most famous killer in horror. Stalk your prey, ambush them whenever you see fit and strike fear in the hearts of so many hapless victims as you become the legend himself! Friday the 13th: The Game will include a variety of kills, new and familiar, that will help you set the tone for the Jason Voorhees that you want to be. You’ll even get to unlock various Jason incarnations from the movies!
Jason will be equipped with a terrifying array of abilities, giving you the control of a hunter at the height of his game. These are his woods, and he knows them all too well. Jason will not only feed off the fear of his victims, but will become stronger as the night progresses. The darker the night, the more terrifying Jason becomes!
Fans of the movies will be able to play as various versions of Jason, including:
Friday the 13th, Part II
Friday the 13th, Part III
Friday the 13th, Part VI: Jason Lives
Friday the 13th, Part VII: New Blood
Friday the 13th, Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
How Will You Survive?
The entire focus of Friday the 13th: The Game is multiplayer. Survival is entirely up to you, the player, as you either stealthily hide from Jason or work together as a team to escape or bring the fight to Jason. Playing as a counselor is all about risk and reward, giving players multiple means of triumph over Jason! Want to hide in the woods as you wait for the police? Perhaps you want to band together and try to take on Jason as a group? Maybe you and a friend decide to fix the boat on the lake and escape while leaving everyone else to their fate? There are endless opportunities to survive the night, but every choice has a consequence.
Friday the 13th: The Game will continually set the pace of change, giving you unfamiliar surroundings while Jason Voorhees looks for his latest victim. No single strategy will ever be reliable, forcing players to adapt and change each time they begin their long night in Camp Blood! Be wary, you never know when or where Jason is going to strike!
Play as the Counselors!
We all remember the various tropes from Friday the 13th, and the game will be no exception! Each counselor type will have strengths and weaknesses, affording players the chance to excel in certain situations. Find the counselor that best suits your play style, or come up with various strategies to win against Jason! Players will have the chance to continually update and improve their characters through unlocks, customization and improvement! The more you play, the more you adapt and become a better all-around counselor!
Camp Crystal Lake in All Its Glory!
Mirroring Camp Crystal Lake from the Friday the 13th series, players will try to survive not only in the iconic Camp Crystal Lake, but surrounding area. Iconic locations from the movies, like Higgins Haven will also serve as stalking grounds for Jason and his prey.
Players will be given a large, open area in which to explore as they attempt to hide from certain death! Each gameplay session will fundamentally change the scenario, never affording players the opportunity to learn patterns or figure out where helpful items may be lying. With each movie giving a different feeling to the campgrounds, Friday the 13th: The Game gives you new and challenging situations every time you enter the woods!
Your Crystal Lake Database
Friday the 13th: The Game will feature a progressive unlock system unified to your account. The longer you play, the more you'll unlock from counselor customization to new Jason Voorhees costumes seen in the movies! Besides giving you personalized camp counselors, you'll be able to unlock secrets within Camp Crystal Lake, exploring the mystery surrounding Jason Voorhees and the grounds he patrols!
Be Kind. Rewind.
Every aspect of Friday the 13th: The Game
is drawn straight from movies you know and love. We’ve carefully crafted this world to remind you of
everything you remember about Friday the 13th, right down to the visual fidelity of the 80’s. This is exactly how you remember it.
27. E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is an action RPG with shooter elements and a cyberpunk setting. You take on the role of a warrior monk, genetically upgraded and possessing psionic abilities. The in-game world is split by two forces that want to take the control over. You need to choose the side, however, you can’t trust anyone, even your closest friends and teachers. The game has different endings depending on your choices.
The protagonist is fully customizable. You can upgrade his abilities according to your style during non-linear missions and multiple quests. It’s on you to focus either on stealth or pushing - as the character’s body is mechanically enhanced, you can develop it any way you want. Moreover, you have “nine lives”: after the first nine deaths you will respawn immediately where you were killed, and only the tenth death will throw you back to the checkpoint.
28. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Gold Edition
Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare, developed by Sledgehammer Games (co-developers of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3), harnesses the first three-year, all next-gen development cycle in franchise history. Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare envisions a powerful future, where both technology and tactics have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Delivering a stunning performance, Academy Award® winning actor Kevin Spacey stars as Jonathan Irons - one of the most powerful men in the world - shaping this chilling vision of the future of war.
All digital purchases of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare include the bonus Digital Edition Personalization Pack with a custom weapon camo, reticle set and playercard.
Power Changes Everything.An Advanced World
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare takes place in a plausible future in which technological progress and today’s military practices have converged with powerful consequences.
- In this carefully researched and crafted vision, Private Military Corporations (PMCs) have become the dominant armed forces for countless nations outsourcing their military needs, redrawing borders and rewriting the rules of war.
- And Jonathan Irons, the founder and president of the world’s largest PMC - Atlas Corporation - is at the center of it all.
- Powerful exoskeletons evolve every aspect of a soldier’s battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization.
- The introduction of this gameplay mechanic delivers enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.
- With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally changing the way gamers play Call of Duty across all modes.
- Harnessing the power of next-gen platforms, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare introduces a new hi-tech, advanced arsenal and ability set, arming players with all-new equipment, technology, perks, and vehicles like hoverbikes and highly specialized drones.
- Players can also choose between standard ammunition and an all-new class of directed-energy weaponry that enables totally new gameplay dynamics.
- And with exoskeletons delivering a massive force multiplier and unprecedented tactical freedom, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare evolves every firefight.
Categories in common with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Gold Edition: Action
29. Strange Brigade
There are remote corners of the British Empire where the shadows linger at their deepest. The servants of The Crown know about these places and the supernatural beings that sometimes lurk there.
Introducing the fearless and unflinching STRANGE BRIGADE!
Embark on an exotic safari into DANGER where few dare go and fewer return! Encounter FANTASTIC and forgotten civilizations shrouded in MYSTERY! Uncover TREACHEROUS tombs and unfathomable EVIL, never-before-seen by any human now living!
This pulse-pounding adventure will rivet you to your game controller!
Don’t fail to play: STRANGE BRIGADE!
FOUR FEARLESS ADVENTURERS!
Explore the ancient world as one of four dashing explorers, each with their own special powers, weapons and tactics.
A THRILLING 1930’s CAMPAIGN!
Experience a rip-roaring new adventure for 1-4 players filled with pulse-pounding action, treacherous traps and tales of derring-do!
LEGIONS OF BEASTIES!
Fight-back-to-back against an army of mythological menaces unleashed by an ancient Egyptian ruler so nefarious she was wiped from the hieroglyphs: Seteki the Witch Queen!
Stay on the lookout for secret caves and buried riches. Get off the beaten track and keep those peepers peeled … what with all those dastardly traps about!
30. Double Action: Boogaloo
Double Action: Boogaloo is a comedic free-to-play multiplayer shooter developed by Double Action Factory.
The game features a sophisticated movement system that allows for diving, flipping, and sliding. The game is heavily inspired by the classic action flicks, such as The Matrix, and movies by John Woo.
Double Action is a third-person shooter which revolves around fast-paced combat and fluid movement, which can be found in Max Payne. Influenced by Max Payne, the game features the bullet time system which slows down the in-game passage of time that helps the players land much more precise shots.
The objective in the match of the game is to become the most stylish player with the highest number of style points. The style points are awarded for killing enemies while diving, doing flips, attempting slides and attempting such tricks. Slow-motion seconds are also awarded for stylish gameplay.
The game does not feature objective-driven matches, yet from time to time a special objective may be activated, such as Capture the Briefcase, Kill the Wanted One, Race to the Finish. Should a player complete the special objective, they are allowed to execute a special style move that acts as all the style moves combined. That adds a whole another layer to the gameplay.
There are nine weapons present in the game: two pistols, several SMGs, a shotgun, two rifles, your own fists, and a grenade. The pistols can be dual-wielded.
31. Insurgency: Sandstorm
Character and weapon customisation to show your battle-hardiness.
Unprecedented audio design with positional voice-chat for realistic teamwork, and heart pounding ambient audio to bring you into the battlefield.
Peek around corners, tactically breach doorways, use smoke to cover your team’s advance, and call in air support.
Battle across expansive maps in up to 16-versus-16 player game modes, or 8 player co-operative against AI, now with machine gun mounted drivable vehicles.
Competitive multiplayer features including matchmaking, broadcasting UI, and replays.
32. The Culling Of The Cows
Addictive gameplay of tower defense genre is a simple selling point that carried a lot of games over the line of an impulsive purchase. Some people would buy the game for the design or the setting. Some will get the game to play with friends. But in the case of The Culling of the Cows, it’s the atmosphere and style of the game. Story-wise, players are taking the role of Sammy, unstable and schizophrenic farmer that thinks that only he is capable of stopping the epidemic that spreads over the farm and the city, with the prophetic obsession and validation from God.
The game is a short but challenging 2D tower defense game, where players will have to use several guns, and God spells in order to not let the infected cows and other monsters into his barn. The game consists of 40 levels accessed through the world map, that shows what kind of threats are waiting on the level and what kind of assists will be available to the player. For the players that want to get something else from the game after beating it, they can access the Cheat Console.
33. Master Levels for Doom II
Master Levels for Doom II is an expansion pack for an action FPS Doom II. Since it is a map pack, many developers were involved with ID Software releasing the maps to the public.
The expansion pack features 21 maps (the 21st one is a secret map) with some of the maps offering their own story.
There is a secret science building on Titan, which contains a mighty alien weapon. Get in, kill the guards, solve puzzles, get out.
Once upon a time, you were the biggest and the angriest cyberdemon in existence. You were the head of the council that ruled Hell, at least you were before you were betrayed. Go out there and get revenge.
After all the trouble you've gone through at the UAC facility, you've lost track of your girlfriend Beatrice. It's no mystery how you got separated with all the demons running around. Go back to Hell and get her out.
This expansion pack brought no changes to Doom II's gameplay. Every aspect of the game stayed largely the same.
The main objective of Doom 2 is to find an exit off the level to continue to the next one, killing any demon you find on your way. Many weapons are at your disposal, such as a shotgun, a double-barrelled super-shotgun, and last, but not least, the iconic chainsaw.
There is no health regen in the game. Instead, the players have to look for medkits on the level they are in at the moment.
Categories in common with Master Levels for Doom II: Action
The world’s unquenchable need for entertainment has turned towards bloodlust as entertainment behemoth TEC1 is set to premiere season two of its television sensation SCUM. This new season moves the contest from the rugged, enclosed Alcatraz sector to the full grandure of Bagne de Cayenne, an island with a sordid history of violent incarceration. Both fan favorites and new prisoners will clash in a ruthless war of survival while battling for the support of viewers, producers, and corporate sponsors for fame, gifts, and a chance of life after death.
SCUM evolves the multiplayer open world survival game with unprecedented levels of character customization, control, and progression where knowledge and skills are the ultimate weapons for long-term survival. Players will balance base level needs with knowledge-based skills to manage everything from nourishment, metabolic rate, and body mass to weapons proficiency, combat style, and security systems hacking. Dominate the island with your skills, cunning, and strategies to achieve higher levels of game and receive powerful gifts from corporate sponsors and, if you happen to slip up and die, get resurrected by the show’s producers with all your valuable skills still intact.
SCUM is built with Unreal Engine 4 and set to launch on PC via Early Access in 2017. Fans can follow details on development with weekly dev blogs on scumgame.com and on Twitter @SCUMgame.
35. Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour
Frag like it’s 1996 – this time with even more asses to kick! Join the world’s greatest action hero in Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour as he saves Earth once again, kicking alien ass and saving babes across the globe along the way. Blast your way through hordes of ugly aliens in four classic Duke Nukem 3D episodes plus an additional ALL NEW FIFTH EPISODE from the game’s ORIGINAL EPISODE DESIGNERS with NEW MUSIC from the game’s ORIGINAL COMPOSER and NEW Duke Talk from the ORIGINAL VOICE of Duke Nukem.
• ALL-NEW Episode FIVE, created by the original episode designers, Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord®” Gray!
• New, bonus content in Episode 5: Duke Nukem finally gets a INCINERATOR to roast new “Firefly” enemies!
• New “Duke Talk” plus high-fidelity re-recordings from Duke Nukem’s original voice actor, Jon St. John!
• New musical score for Episode 5 created by Duke’s theme song author and original game composer, Lee Jackson!
• Original 1996 source code and “2.5D” engine re-mastered in True 3D for PC!
36. Men of War: Assault Squad 2
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 features new single player style skirmish modes that take players from extreme tank combat to deadly sniper stealth missions. Commanders can now faceoff against opponents on various new multiplayer 1v1 – 8v8 maps. To truly bring the battles to life though there is the new extreme game mode designed for huge battles on spectacular maps.
This new Assault Squad game brings significant game engine and visual improvements as well, with special attention paid to ones that were highly requested by the players.Key features:
- advanced multi-core support
- advanced shader technology
- direct control every unit as if you were playing a 3rd person shooter
- interface and AI improvements, including unit kill counts and squad icon information
- new multiplayer interface
- camouflage depending on season
- fully updated inventory items with new graphics and updated vehicles
- sound improvements, including voice acting
- Steam features, including Steam multiplayer, matchmaking, achievements, cloud, player statistics, leaderboards, voice chat, Valve anti-cheat, friends invite and workshop
- player level up and ranked system
- in-game video recording, and much more.
- 15 new single player skirmishes plus 25 reworked ones from the original Assault Squad
- eight player co-op support and an all new multiplayer extreme game mode
- 65 multiplayer maps and five gamemodes
- more than 250 vehicles at your command
- more than 200 soldiers with unique equipment
- five factions and various battlefields in Europe, Eastern Europe, Northern Africa and the Pacific
- development tools such as 3d model exporter and map/mission editor, and much more.
- Receive a five star general ribbon for your main menu badge
- Receive an unique five star general achievement
- Receive a special icon for your player avatar visible to everyone during a match
- Receive an outstanding HUD element visible while playing and recording matches
- Receive a slight XP boost for all factions in multiplayer to unlock units faster
37. Rain World
You are a slugcat. The world around you is full of danger, and you must face it – alone. Separated from your family in a devastating flood, you must hunt for food and shelter between terrifying torrential downpours that threaten to drown all life. Climb through the ruins of an ancient civilization, evade the jaws of vicious predators, and discover new lands teeming with strange creatures and buried mysteries. Find your family before death finds you!
Inspired by the simplicity and aesthetics of 16-bit classics, this survival platformer requires fast-paced sneaking, both upon your own prey and past the jaws of hungry predators. Each ravenous foe in your path will be cunning, vicious and always on the hunt – eager to sink their teeth into you, or even each other. As a small, soft slugcat you must to rely on stealth and wit rather than force: learn the ecosystem and turn their strengths to your advantage. Maybe then you can survive… Rain World!
- Sneak, climb, and pounce your way through a dynamic, ever-changing ecosystem of predators and prey
- Explore a vast world of over 1600 rooms, spanning 12 diverse regions filled with ancient secrets and undiscovered dangers
- Nimble movements and procedurally generated animation gives slugcat a natural fluidity of movement and unique sense of weight
- Intense, primal predator encounters will challenge your reflexes
- Limited resources and the constant, impending threat of rain will test your nerve
Explore the vast and beautiful world of Valley using the power of the L.E.A.F. suit: a fierce exoskeleton that grants exceptional speed and agility along with the phenomenal ability to manipulate the life and death of all living things.
Experience the adventure of a lifetime
Valley is a First-Person adventure unlike any other. Hidden deep within a remote region of the Rocky Mountains, you find yourself bewildered within a secluded valley. With the power of a recently discovered L.E.A.F. suit (Leap Effortlessly though Air Functionality), run and jump your way through beautiful forests, dangerous ruins and vast environments; all the while utilizing the power to control life and death to uncover the startling secrets of the mysterious valley.
Be forewarned, with these new-found abilities comes a daunting repercussion: the more you experience death within the valley, the more the valley will die around you.Features
- Move faster, jump higher: make your way through the world of Valley using the incredible speed and agility of the L.E.A.F. suit.
- Manipulate life and death: the L.E.A.F. suit grants its pilots the phenomenal power to both give and take life from any living thing.
- Experience a unique twist on death: the more you die, the more the valley will die around you.
- Enhance yourself: upgrade your suit with new abilities and strengths.
- Explore: the world of Valley is filled with forests, wildlife, ancient ruins, charming creatures, dangerous enemies and other mysteries.
39. Life is Feudal: Your Own
Life is Feudal: Your Own is a truly hardcore sandbox RPG with captivating survival aspects. Described as a real life Medieval simulator, which caters for up to 64 players on a 3km x 3km gameworld, any and all paths are an option.
Included in your purchase, all Life is Feudal:YO owners will receive one character to gain full access to Life is Feudal:MMO open beta tests and release.
LiF:YO places you in a realistic feudal setting with the ability to host your own private world and set your own rules to suit your playstyle. There’s an in depth crafting system, a range of building features, and free terraforming across the map - meaning you can build your own house anywhere in the world. Team up with your friends and build a village or city and repel attacks by other players who want to ransack your lands!
The unique combat system is non-target and physics-based; the direction of your attack depends on mouse movement. Basic movements and directional attacks can be combined to create deadly combos with special harmful effects. Battle formations are also a new way to collaborate and control the situation on the battlefield with your fighting team. Co-operation and a good strategy within a formation will help you prevail against the enemy.
Everything is tweakable and unique to you, including how your character progresses. The skill and stat cap system allows you to design a character molded to fit your style perfectly, for example. Even alchemy is unique; all recipes are randomized for each character thus the only way to learn is by experimentation.FeaturesUnique Features:
- Free Terraforming & Tunnel Building. 100% free terraforming and tunnel building means you can dig tunnels, mines and moats and expand them in all dimensions barely without limit! You can raise and lower ground levels with a landfall effect. Substances include soil, rock, granite, ore veins, clay, sand, and much more
- Battle Formation System. Strategize for massive battles and provide your units with certain bonuses with the formation system. Keep organised and inside the formation shape to continue to reap the benefits
- Unique Alchemy Combinations. There are over 40,000,000 alchemy combinations unique to each player! You need to learn, experiment and create your very own unique combinations. Complementing the hardcore feel of the game, alchemy is not simply a matter of character skill as it strongly emphasises spending time and resources on creating good recipes and combinations
- Full Seasonal Weather System. Much like in real life, LiF features seasonal weather that directly affects your life in this feudal world
- Complex Food & Cooking System. Cooking is no longer a secondary or non-existent skill. Being a good cook who knows many complex and tasty recipes means that you and your friends will be better fed and will receive skill bonuses
- Realistic Player Damage System. Based on human anatomy, with fractures and bleeding wounds, you can create unique and deadly combat tactics
- Double Health & Stamina Bars. Double health and stamina bars represent better information about the status of your body. Players can be knocked unconscious or killed. They can also be temporarily out of breath or totally exhausted
40. Enemy Front
ENEMY FRONT is the first truly modern WW2 FPS, featuring stunning visuals, open-ended levels and a richly interactive combat experience that breaks out of the standard model of highly linear scripted FPS experiences, giving the player full freedom to own their playing style. Intense Combat, Sniping, Stealth and Sabotage – all are viable approaches for the player, maximizing player engagement and replayability. Against the visceral backdrop of breathtaking European locales, the player takes on the role of American Robert Hawkins, as he fights hand in hand with Resistance Fighters opposing the Nazi juggernaut in France, Germany, Norway, and during the Warsaw Uprising.
- Choose your own fight: gameplay blends fast-paced FPS action with precision sniping thrilling stealth, and deadly sabotage in the first open-ended WW2 game.
- Deal death from afar: use sniper rifles to decimate enemy ranks and pick off officers, enemy snipers and heavy weapons gunners with deadly precision.
- Breathtaking visuals, interactive environments and spectacular action across many iconic Resistance operations of WW2.
- Choose your own weapon: full arsenal of WW2 weaponry across all categories of hand-guns, SMGs, assault rifles, sniper rifles, as well as signature Resistance weapons including the Sten gun, Welrod Silenced Pistol, and Lightning SMG.
- Own the battlefield: combine reconnaissance, explosives and marksmanship to prepare, misdirect and ambush numerically superior Nazi troops.
- Engaging, destructible environments and advanced tactical AI means combat is always a rewarding and dynamic experience.
- Highly replayable 10 hour Single-Player Campaign and 12-player Online Multiplayer, all powered by CRYENGINE technology.
41. Tormentum - Dark Sorrow
TORMENTUM is a dark Point & Click adventure game.
The dreamlike, nightmarish atmosphere of the game was inspired by works of painters H.R. Giger and Zdzislaw Beksinski. The game's final look and feel was also strongly influenced by the universes of games such as Demon's Souls or Dark Seed. This unique mixture gave life to a bleak and depressing world.
Those are however the least of his problems as the airship lowers its flight towards a huge gloomy castle which soon becomes his prison. Thus begins the surreal story bordering somewhere between dream and reality...
- THE GAME WORLD: 3 realms, differing in architecture and creatures inhabiting them. You'll meet characters with unique personalities who will help you - or try to prevent you from - reaching your goal.
- ART: 75 hand-painted stages. The game also features over a hundred additional screens as well as dozens of paintings created by the mad painter residing in the cathedral.
- PUZZLES: During your journey you will come against 24 varied logical puzzles and minigames.
- STORY: A dark adventure between dream and reality.
- MUSIC: Exceptional soundtrack with over 40 tracks.
- Moral choices which will affect the game's ending.
- 34 achievements to complete.
- 4-6 hours gameplay.
- Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Polish, Russian, Italian.
42. Pirates, Vikings, and Knights II
Pirates, Vikings, and Knights II boasts a unique three-team symmetry and a myriad of colorful characters to promote exciting, strategic, and fun gameplay. It features several game modes, each requiring its own special brand of cunning to master. Do battle on a tropical island for control of bountiful treasure. Appease your gods by spilling the blood of your enemies deep within a Mayan temple. Conquer your foes by taking control of precious badlands territory. But most importantly, have FUN!Features & Accolades
- Three teams with 9 unique player classes
- Fun, skill-based combat
- Swords, axes, guns, and explosives
- Unique voice acting for every character
- A variety of gorgeous levels
- Whimsical and challenging achievements
- Command-able attack parrots
- 100% FREE!
- Skirmisher: A light-footed scallywag who can blow enemies away with his gunpowder-packed keg.
- Captain: Brandishes a peg-leg, hook, and an attack parrot, which will seek out enemies and peck them to death!
- Sharpshooter: A Spanish sweet-talker who snipes his enemies from a safe distance, or cuts them to pieces with his butter knife.
- Berserker: A shirtless and battle-crazed warrior capable of mowing enemies down with his dual-wielded weapons and giant axe.
- Huscarl: Throwing axes, a two-handed battle axe, and sword/shield combo allow this warrior to take on the toughest enemies.
- Gestir: A well-seasoned master of the spear and javelins who has no problem skewering his enemies either up close or from a distance.
- Heavy Knights: Wearing a full suit of armor, this battle tank can cut his foes in half with his great sword.
- Archer: There is no match for a skilled archer with a quiver full of arrows. He sometimes reigns fire down upon his enemies.
- Man-at-Arms: A Frenchman with a sense of humor. He brandishes a halberd, mace & buckler, and his fart special will leave enemies dazed and confused.
Tannenberg is the latest entry in the 1914-1918 WW1 Game Series that started with WW1 FPS Verdun, expanding the focus to encompass the Eastern Front. Warfare on the border of the Russian Empire offers a fresh experience for new and veteran players alike, with new squads and weapons, open maps that give players tactical freedom, and a whole new 64 player game mode!
This historical game takes place across the lakes, forests, and snowy plains of the Eastern Front - it was inspired by the Battle of Tannenberg in 1914 where the Russian Second Army was dealt a heavy blow by the Germans. Tannenberg offers a range of game modes - including the exciting new mode reflecting the different nature of war on the Eastern Front - and a wealth of historical detail: realistic WW1 weaponry, authentic uniforms, horrendous gore, and maps based on real battlefields, this time in the forests, plains and mountains along the border between the Russian Empire and the Central Powers.
Tannenberg key features include:
- Realistic World War 1 gameplay
- Tactical squad-based FPS
- Warfare on the Eastern Front
- Majestic backdrops and map detail
- Variety of game modes for player counts of up to 64
Experience World War One on the Eastern Front
It’s all-out war on the Eastern Front! From artillery barrages and poison gas to the deadly machinegun and humble rifle, there are many weapons to master. The battlefield is a dangerous place, and a little thought will help you stay alive – lead your shots, keep your eyes open, and be ready to engage in ferocious close combat at any moment.
Authentic Eastern Front Warfare
The development team is aiming to recreate the atmosphere of the Eastern Front with the same level of accuracy as in Verdun. Uniforms have been recreated to the tiniest detail, the weapons are modeled to exact references and the maps use realistic props and terrain layouts.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook, or contact us via Discord.
44. Grimoire: Manastorm
Choose from six wizard classes and wield four primary spells in deadly magical battles, unlock eight more spells to customize each class to your specific playstyle. Then pick two additional abilities from a shared pool of spells that range from teleportation to a powerful kinetic blast that sends foes flying. Mix in passive abilities that increase your tactical options and you have a recipe for combat befitting a student of the Arcane Arts.
Many spells are inspired by our favorite MOBA games like DOTA 2 and League of Legends. Grimoire's FPS spin on these strategic spells creates fast paced tactical combat unlike anything you've played before. Grimoire is not a game of instant damage and unavoidable death. Every spell has a counter… if you’re ready for it!Game Modes
- Conquest - Magnus and Validus battle over control of key sources of magical energy known as ley-lines. The longer the ley-lines are held the more energy is gained including a large influx of power if one house can manage to take total control of an area. Destructible objects can reveal new territory or bring the environment crashing down on your enemies. Inspired by games like Day of Defeat, the Battlefield series, and Team Fortress 2; Conquest is a territorial battle that features large (8v8) teams.
- Free-For-All (Deathmatch) - Chaos reigns supreme in this fight to the death. This classic game mode is a great way to try out the game without worrying about objectives.
- Survival (Singleplayer) - The people of Orinfell are under attack! Hold off waves of undead fighters, mages, and golems as the survivors escape through the city's catacombs. This game mode is great for testing out new spells and learning the basics of the game.
The northern land of Futhark is home to two great houses locked in a bitter struggle. As ruin rises from the south, each vies for the Grimoire, a powerful artifact of a lost age. It was the Grimoire that ushered in the Dawn of Magic, called forth the destruction of an empire, and which now heralds civil war.
Honorable House Magnus clings to their charge of sealing the book’s secrets, willing to sacrifice Futhark if only to save the world from the horrors held in the Grimoire’s binding. Ambitious House Validus has little time for craven hearts and strives to brave the tome’s power to save the republic and lead it into a golden age who’s like has never been before seen. Yet the Grimoire is no idle prize to be fought for. That dusty tome has begun to glow, welcoming their dissent even as it spreads its pages, unleashing the Mana Storm in the battle to come.
You got caught smuggling VHS tapes across the border, and now there's hell to pay. You want to find an elusive rare bird in the forest and snap its picture. You have to kill a man in the back room of a shady diner.
This is Paratopic, an experimental first-person horror game, one of the best-rated horror titles on itch, and one of Rock, Paper, Shotgun's best games of 2018.
- A narrative, horror tinged adventure game that takes you on a journey through a cruel fever dream world.
- Cutting between numerous detailed and varied vignettes, unravel how the stories of three separate characters intersect.
- Explore the detritus of forbidden industry, kill, drive through the night, find yourself in conversation with some very off-kilter individuals.
- A leisurely playthrough should take forty five minutes give or take, with plenty more to discover in the detailed, grimey low polygon environments. Or speedrun it, if you'd prefer.
- Over an hour of gorgeous dark ambient music is used to create our subtly dynamic soundscape. An anachronistic blend of modern and outdated production as glitches and textural pads meet synthesis & sampling akin to a haunted recollection of 90s Unreal Engine soundtracks.
46. MIND: Path to Thalamus Enhanced Edition
Change the entire environment!Wrapped in a mind-bending tale, the gameplay of “MIND” focuses on changing the very weather in order to solve puzzles: the player will cycle between day and night, modify the levels of fog and rain and even travel in time between seasons, changing the environment to advance the gameplay-driven story —indeed, the mechanics are directly related to who the protagonist is, what has happened to him and everything he is doing: a man trapped in his own mind, he must use all the tools at his disposition to escape to reality. Accompanied by the snarky yet heartfelt narration of this comatose patient, the player will guide him through fantastical forests, dark caverns and deceptive worlds of water and ice that directly relate to his emotional state at each point in his journey.Enhanced Edition Features
- Play the game in Virtual Reality for a full immersive experience. VR support only for motion controllers (HTC VIVE and Oculus Rift + Oculus Touch).
- Powerfull new Unreal Engine 4 engine gaining even 70% more performance in almost every level.
- Steam controller, keyboard, gamepad and VR controllers 100% supported and configurable.
- 4 secret levels, redesigned interactive ending, narration and also an alternative ending.
- More than 40 different, creative puzzles seamlessly integrated into the environment.
- 6 ways to affect the environment in order to solve the puzzles.
- More than 25 distinct landscapes into with which you will be able to interact.
- Turn day to night, make it so everything is covered by a blinding fog, summon incredible storms, travel to the past and make use of even more as of yet unknown mechanics.
- More than an hour of voice acting that, while integrated into the gameplay itself, will tell you a whole story that is not about saving the world but about living through the pain of a father broken by his mistakes.
- Face down imposing enemies by using your creativity and everything you have learnt along the way.
- 22 achievements full of Easter eggs and references.
- OST and Artbook included.
Developed by Carlos Coronado Carlos Coronado, Dani Navarro y Luka Nieto. Aditional code by Jose Ladislao. Voice by Greg Nugent.
47. Thief of Thieves: Season One
Thief of Thieves: Season One you play as a cat burglar using stealth, social engineering and team members to pull off some high profile heists across the world.
Based on the award winning comic book series by Robert Kirkman , Thief of Thieves: Season One is a story of heists and the people behind them. It’s time for Celia, protege of master thief Redmond, to make the leap from apprentice to master. A botched job takes Celia to Europe, where she joins a new team of criminals for a crime spree. Get to know your team, choose your approach on the field, but be careful – the choices you make may have drastic consequences.
A new continent and a new team, will you make the cut?Key Features
- The story is told via comic frames and gameplay, where Celia makes her way through scenes ranging from cocktail parties to construction yards by using her skills in social engineering and sneaking - never violence
- Stunning Visuals – Unique visual style combining hand-drawn 2D comics and 3D environments into one seamlessly flowing story experience
- Living, breathing characters brought to life by such voice actors like Fryda Wolff (Mass Effect: Andromeda), Stephen Stanton (Rogue One), Emily O’Brien (Death Stranding), Cissy Jones (Firewatch, The Walking Dead: Season 1), Fred Tatasciore (Kung Fu Panda 2), and Elias Toufexis (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)
- A tailor-made story – the choices you make shape the narrative and build the relationships with your team members
The full Season One is now available, and all of the four volume story is playable right away.
Thief of Thieves: Season One is based on the comic book series created by Robert Kirkman and published by Skybound Entertainment.
48. Infestation: Survivor Stories Classic
Infestation: Survivor Stories is a Survival Horror MMO that immerses players in a zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic world in which a viral outbreak has decimated the human population leaving in its wake, a nightmare of epic proportion.
- A Huge Persistent World: This is an nonlinear open world game
- Explore, Scavenge, Kill, Survive: You are one of the few survivors and must navigate the desolate countryside exploring cities and scavenging for items
- Group with other players to increase your chances of survival
- Combination of First-Person and Third Person Perspectives
- Meld of PVE (Player versus Environment) and PVP (Player versus Player)
- Safe Settlements where Players can access their global inventory
- Create your own Clans
- Reputation system – Choose to become a lawman or bandit
- Leave Messages for friends in the game world with a time capsule
- Immersive environment with unique and spine chilling sound effects
- Huge variation of melee and firearm weapon types
Husk is a down-to-earth survival-horror, about harm, pain and seeking forgiveness in Shivercliff, a town abandoned for unknown reasons.
A tribute to classical thrillers like Silent Hill or Twin Peaks.
It's 1995, you’re Matthew Palmer and you’ve just woken up after a train crash. There's nobody around you. Especially, there’s no trace of your wife and daughter.
The only sign indicating where you are says:
Welcome to Shivercliﬀ.
- Down-to-earth storyline touching problems of violence and alcohol addiction
- Immersive narration
- 90's climate with a lot of references
- Inspired by titles like Silent Hill or Alan Wake
- Different locations of Shivercliff town and its surroundings
- Different types of monsters and boss fights
- Classical survival horror
- Dedicated soundtrack created by Arkadiusz Reikowski
- 4-5 hours of gameplay
- Powered by Unreal Engine 4
Monstrum takes the traditional survival horror formula and remixes it completely with procedurally generated levels, permadeath, and AI driven predators, ensuring that nowhere on its derelict cargo ship is ever truly safe.
Offering up a challenge to even the hardiest of gamers, Monstrum will force you to use your wits and whatever tools you can find to outrun or outsmart your pursuer. Attempt to escape from an environment that is out to kill you while evading the lurking terror that could be around any corner. Can you survive Monstrum?
Three Unique Monsters
Face one of three monster types each play-through, each one with different behaviours and tactics. Can you work your way out of an ambush or escape a direct attack? And will the same actions work every time?
Prepare for a different gameplay environment each time you play as the ship's interior shifts shape with every run, changing the location of items along the way.
Discover different methods of escape and delve into the bowels of the ship to recover items you need to repair them.
Opportunities and Hazards
Use whatever you can find to try and outwit the monster. Hide in lockers or under furniture. Use distractions to attract the monster to you, or, perhaps more wisely, to where you've just been, but be careful not to run too fast lest you fall into one of the ships numerous traps along the way.
Death is death. Get killed in Monstrum and you'll be starting again. In a different ship, probably against a different monster. Good luck. Start running.
Categories in common with Monstrum: Indie