The best games like Project CARS are:
- arrow_rightCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- arrow_rightForza Horizon 4
- arrow_rightDiRT Rally
- arrow_rightThe Final Station
- arrow_rightTable Top Racing: World Tour
- arrow_rightForza Motorsport 5
- arrow_rightThe Crew 2
20 Best Games Like Project CARS:
Filter by Platform Xbox Onearrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (35)
- PlayStation 4 (37)
- iOS (27)
- Android (16)
- macOS (33)
- Linux (20)
- Nintendo Switch (9)
- Nintendo 3DS (7)
- Nintendo DS (8)
- Xbox 360 (37)
- Xbox (8)
- PlayStation 3 (49)
- PlayStation 2 (18)
- PlayStation (7)
- PS Vita (5)
- PSP (4)
- Wii U (3)
- Wii (10)
- GameCube (4)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (4)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (1)
- NES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (1)
- Atari 2600 (1)
- Dreamcast (3)
- Web (1)
1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
The fourth installment of a popular series, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is split into two different, gameplay-wise, parts. The single-player campaign invites players to go through the episodic story, where players control six different characters. And even though the stories are taking place in different locations, the events of the campaign are happening simultaneously, creating the sense of urgency and painting a large-scale picture of the events.
Multiplayer side of things in the Call of Duty series has been more popular among the players. A lot of features, not present in the single-player campaign, will be available to the player, such as a killstreak mechanic, that rewards players for killing multiple enemies without dying. Multiplayer maps consist of team-based and deathmatch based game modes, where players take on the objectives in order to complete the map mission or to obtain the largest amount of kills. Depending on how well the player does, they will be rewarded with experience points, which will allow them to level up and unlock new weapons, abilities, and perks for the playable classes.
2. Forza Horizon 4
Forza Horizon 4 is the eleventh game in the Forza franchise of racing games and the fourth in the Horizon subseries.
Forza Horizon 4 takes place in a shared open world that is loosely based on the United Kingdom. Up to 72 players can share a server at which they participate in races together. They can also purchase in-game homes, which allow the players to unlock faster cars and driver perks. The drivers are customizable up to their clothing and emotions.
Weather and seasons
Forza Horizon 4 has a dynamic change of weather and seasons that change on a weekly basis. The weather conditions are synchronized and shared by all players on the same server. The weather and seasons alter the environment and thus the gameplay. Conditions like snow, mud, and ice can influence not only the driving style but also which areas and routes are accessible during which season. Most notably, the players can drive on the ice when lakes and rivers freeze.
Forza Horizon 4 features more than 450 vehicles that are licensed by over one hundred car manufacturers. Among the few notable manufacturers that were not included because of licensing problems are Toyota and Lexus.
Although the game is oriented towards online multiplayer gameplay, it also has a single player and local multiplayer modes. The game also introduces a level editor mode called Route Creator that allows the players to design and customize new routes.
3. DiRT Rally
DiRT Rally is out now for Linux
DiRT Rally for Mac is standing by for Metal
DiRT Rally is the most authentic and thrilling rally game ever made, road-tested over 80 million miles by the DiRT community. It perfectly captures that white knuckle feeling of racing on the edge as you hurtle along dangerous roads at breakneck speed, knowing that one crash could irreparably harm your stage time.
DiRT Rally also includes officially licensed World Rallycross content, allowing you to experience the breathless, high-speed thrills of some of the world’s fastest off-road cars as you trade paint with other drivers at some of the series’ best-loved circuits, in both singleplayer and high-intensity multiplayer races.
• ICONIC RALLY CARS - DiRT Rally boasts over 40 of the most iconic and relevant cars from yesteryear through to modern day, representing the cars that the players want, and the ones that make the most sense for the surfaces they race on.
• SIX MASSIVE RALLIES WITH OVER 70 STAGES - Head to the muddy paths of Wales, the dusty trails of Greece and the icy tarmac of Monte Carlo. Take on the legendary hillclimb of Pikes Peak, the snowy thrills of Sweden, and the epic scenery of Finland.
• OFFICIAL FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CONTENT – Race at the Lydden Hill, Holjes and Hell tracks in six of the fastest off-road cars and take on your friends in high intensity, bumper-to-bumper multiplayer racing.
• CUSTOM RALLY EVENTS: Take any car on any track – configure and compete in single or multi-stage events.
• RALLY CHAMPIONSHIPS: Start on the bottom rung of the rally ladder and compete in a succession of events, earning points and money on your way to promotion. Use skilful driving and manage your repair schedules as you work your way to the top division and earn the most lucrative rewards.
• UPGRADES, REPAIRS, SETUP AND TUNING - DiRT Rally delivers depth in areas beyond driving – elements such as repairs, upgrades, and setup & tuning add a rich and strategic dimension to your rally experience.
• CHALLENGING, UNCOMPROMISING HANDLING MODEL - Codemasters has completely rebuilt the physical simulation for DIRT Rally to adequately capture how it feels to race across changing surfaces and has created brand new models for differential, suspension, engine mapping and turbo modelling.
• TEAM MANAGEMENT - Hire and fire your crew members each of whom which will have different skills, improving repair times for different parts of the car. Teach them new skills as they gain experience and work together as a team to improve your performance in events.
• PLAYER LEAGUE SUPPORT - Get together with friends and run your very own racing league. Join or create unlimited leagues and run them how and when you want.
• DAILY, WEEKLY AND MONTHLY ONLINE CHALLENGES - It’s you versus the entire DiRT community in a series of one-day, week-long and month-long challenges to earn in-game credits to improve your car and team.
GRID is a racing simulator that lets the player dive into the motorsport, assume the real racer’s role and even control his own racing team. Races and racing championships are held in three main locations – the United States, Europe, and Japan. All racing circuits in the game are the mixture of imaginary and the existing ones. The gameplay is divided into 6 racing classes: GT championships, drifting, touge (climbing the narrow mountain pass like Pikes Peak), open wheel racing, demolition derby, and 24 Hours of Le Mans (additional at the end of the season). Each car of 43 available in the game is tied to one of the event types. Several professional teams compete within these championships. Therefore, to start the career player have to choose one of the disciplines and a professional team to join. While progressing GRID gives an opportunity to create your own racing team, hire sponsors and other drivers, and participate in different events. The gameplay also has a remarkable feature called “flashback” that allows rewinding time to prevent driver’s mistakes.
5. The Final Station
The Final Station is an action-adventure game developed by Do My Best Games.
It is 2059, 134 years after the First Visitation when UFOs crashed on Earth and began infecting humans creating zombies. With many countries destroyed, humankind was able to repel the attack at a large price. A united government is formed, migration to unaffected regions takes place. Life slowly comes back to normal. Railroads become the main transportation method, connecting the last remaining cities. The unnamed main character works as a train driver. After he finished the delivery of special cargo, the Second Visitation begins.
The Final Station is a two-dimensional pixelated game that focuses on survival and resource management. The main objective of The Conductor is to reach his home to protect his daughter. The players arrive at numerous stations on their journey to look for fuel, food, and ammunition. The survivors of the Visitation can also be found at the station and be taken with you on the train.
While the players travel to other stations, they can interact with the survivors they had picked up. They may request food, medicine or offer a quest upon talking to them. These survivors will walk off your train when they reach their destination.
The Only Traitor DLC
A DLC was released for the game. It offered a different plot perspective, new enemies and instead of driving a train, the main character drives a car.
6. Table Top Racing: World Tour
Table Top Racing: World Tour is a racing simulator with the emphasis on its cartoon-ish style of toy cars. The genre is already well-established, and the game continues to use ordinary mechanics for entertainment and replayability.
The player can choose between different upgradeable cars, and compete in four different championships. Each map is a racing track in an utterly non-racing environment, such as a kitchen table, children’s playroom and so on. Different race types make the player consider his car of choice, as well as the upgrades, for the challengers are vicious and always tries to utilize every card in their sleeve against you.
The game also features a multiplayer mode, where up to 8 racers can compete with each other on various race tracks, for glory or fun. The soundtrack and the graphics style gives the game the look of a real racing simulator while keeping the setting of toy cars, which allows the players to immerse themselves in the high octane world of Table Top Racing.
Categories in common with Table Top Racing: World Tour: Racing
7. Forza Motorsport 5
Forza is a long-running series of racing game that took a standard formula and adds several personal touches. Realistic and bright car designs, energetic soundtrack, and racetracks that will test the driving skill of every player.
Forza 5 was brought to the players with 200 different cars from more than 50 manufacturers and brands, and after the initial release, there were eight monthly car packs. Each of them consisted of 10 cars and could be purchased as DLC. Each car can be individually upgraded and purchased from the main menu.
Soundtrack took a turn from the licensed songs, creating an original orchestral score, mixed with a previously established in the series ambient electronic sounds. More than 2 hours of original music, released and distributed digitally.
Most racing tracks in Forza are a detailed representation of real-life locations or transferred fictional tracks from previous titles of the franchise. One of the tracks is a recreation of a Top Gear test track after the promotional Xbox One reveals by the cast of Top Gear.
Platform: Xbox One
8. The Crew 2
The Crew® 2 gives you the chance to showcase your skills and rise as a multi-skilled motorsports champion.
WELCOME TO MOTORNATION – TAKE THE CHALLENGE TO THE GROUND, SEA, AND SKY
Push boundaries and take on new experiences in iconic locations. Fly and spin through fog and clouds above the snowcapped Rocky Mountains, burn rubber in the backstreets of New York City, sweep through the Mississippi River, and explore every inch of the Grand Canyon. Driving your dream hypercar, riding some of the most iconic American bikes, and taking control of the swiftest aerobatic planes and powerboats: opportunities for fun and challenges are limitless in a fully redesigned USA.
SWITCH INSTANTLY BETWEEN VEHICLES & ENJOY A 100% SEAMLESS EXPERIENCE
The Crew® 2 is about open world freedom behind the wheel of your favorite rides. Shift from one to another with just a push of a button using the Fast Fav feature and experience the full potential of this huge and seamless open world. Cruising through L.A in your dream hypercar, switch to the swiftest aerobatic plane to rise above the skyscrapers and enjoy stunning perspectives over Hollywood, then swap it for a slick powerboat as you reach the coastline, landing smoothly on the Pacific ocean: opportunities for fun and challenges are limitless.
BE THE CHAMPION YOU WANT TO BE
Join four different motorsports families from around the country: street and pro racers, off-road experts, and freestylers. They’ll hook you up with new rides, and they’ll introduce you to their own unique motorsports culture and set of disciplines. Through competitions and chance encounters, find and hone your personal style, collect and customize your dream rides, show them off in your HQ, and make your mark on the entire US motorsports scene.
SHARE AND SHINE IN A CONNECTED WORLD
The world of The Crew® 2 is fueled by the need to share your personal accomplishments and unique moments with friends and others – break records and be a pioneer! Every time you achieve something, it will be saved as a new challenge for other players, while you will be encouraged to surpass the feats of others. Capture and share all of your best moments with the press of a button.
9. Project CARS 2
• 180+ licensed cars from iconic manufacturers
• Full 12K & VR Support
• Tested and tuned by pro racing drivers
• All-new motorsports (IndyCar, Oval Racing, Rallycross) join old favorites incl. GT3
• LiveTrack 3.0: Dynamic surface & weather physics affect vehicle performance and handling in real-time
• New loose surface racing (ice, dirt, mud)
• Full 24-hour cycle featuring real-time atmospheric conditions and seasonal ambience
• State-of-the art physics model
• Revamped gamepad handling
• Class-leading Esport capabilities
Categories in common with Project CARS 2: Racing
Wreckfest is a demolition derby themed racing game with soft-body damage modeling, sophisticated driving dynamics and in-depth vehicle upgrading, featuring both demolition derbies and more traditional track races. It’s all about fun, breakneck racing and over-the-top crashes.
11. WRC 6 FIA World Rally Championship
On a race track, it's the car that makes all the difference. In a rally, it's the driver. WRC 6 puts you to the test: fog, mud, punctures, night racing, engine breakdowns... you have to deal with it all. WRC 6 also includes: all of the official 2016 content, including Rally China, 11 Super Special Stages on a 1:1 scale, local split-screen multiplayer, worldwide leaderboards and new online challenges every week, all the designated cars and courses in very high definition, two brand new modes, even more spectacular game cameras and free access to the entire 2017 eSports WRC!
Categories in common with WRC 6 FIA World Rally Championship: Racing
Based in France and California, Honor Code’s collective resume includes such games and series as Assassin’s Creed, Dance Central, Metal Gear Solid, Remember Me, Republique, The Silent Age, and Silent Hill.
13. MotoGP 19
MotoGP™19 celebrates the passion for motorsports!
The official videogame of the most popular motorcycle championship in the world is back with a new chapter full of surprises!OFFICIAL 2019 CONTENTAll the adrenaline of the 2019 season right in your hands!
Race with all the official riders of the MotoGP™, Moto2™, Moto3™, Red Bull MotoGP™ Rookies Cup classes on 19 different tracks.HISTORIC RIDERSAll the passion of the MotoGP™ from the 500 2-strokes to the Modern Era.
Access the Historical Challenges mode and relive the most exciting rivalries trough time attacks and specific scenarios to recreate the moments that shaped the history of the MotoGP™.
- More than 50 legendary riders
- Over 35 bikes
- 3 additional historical tracksNEURAL AICompete with a faster, smarter and more accurate AI based on machine learning that will identify your actions and react accordingly. The best racing experience ever is waiting for you!DEDICATED SERVERSThe addition of dedicated servers has made playing online more fun than ever! Challenge your friends in different modes:
- Public Lobby: create a fully customisable lobby (number of laps, weather, sessions) or scroll through the list of lobbies available and pick your favourite one;
- Private Lobby: create a custom event and challenge your friends;
- Race Director: choose the starting grid, give penalties and direct the race!CUSTOMISATION and GRAPHIC EDITORSFree your imagination with new tools and make your rider unique!
Create your style by choosing from the most complete selection of accessories and brands ever and have fun with the new graphic editors! Combine fonts and shapes to customise your helmet or download the ones created by other players!CAREERDesigned for all types of players, from rookies to veterans of the series!
Choose whether to follow Career and climb the leaderboards, right up to MotoGP™ or to focus on the Pro Career and race like a real pro!BIKE DEVELOPMENTImprove your bike's performance during dedicated tests in Career, working on different technical aspects:
- Traction Control System;
- Engine Brake;
- Anti-Wheelie System;
Plan your strategy to be the best: just like in a real championship, you have a limited number of new engines and tyres available.
You wake up dazed and confused, probably from the effects of cryosleep.
No one can be seen around, but you soon start to find the bodies of your dead crewmen.
The ship is adrift, and whoever – or whatever – killed your crewmates is probably still around.
Syndrome is a sci-fi survival horror game that takes place aboard the "Valkenburg", an exploration and science ship equipped with the most advanced systems in the Novacore fleet.
You need to find out what happened to your crewmen and do whatever you can to survive this nightmare.
The enemies are powerful and numerous, which means that stealth and evasion are often the best strategy.
You'll find weapons aboard the ship, but ammo is scarce and should be wisely spent.FEATURES
● Claustrophobic horror: The action takes place inside a spaceship. There are countless horrors inside, both physical and psychological.
● Fight or hide: There are weapons on the ship, but not enough ammo to take everyone out. Use them wisely.
● Engaging storyline: Nothing is what it seems. Something very bad happened aboard the ship, and it’s up to you to find out what’s really going on.
● Reactive enemies: They’ll follow noises and investigate any disturbances.
● Interactive scenario: There’s plenty of exploration to do inside the ship, and many things to discover.
15. Snooker 19
- THE BIGGEST STARS IN WORLD SNOOKER
Play in every officially licensed tournament as any of the top 128 players in the world including: Mark Selby, Ronnie O’Sullivan, Ding Junhui and legends of the sport like Ken Doherty and Jimmy White.
- UNPRECEDENTED REALISM
This is the most authentic simulation of the sport ever created, with TV-style presentation and commentary, true-to-life physics and advanced artificial intelligence.
- BECOME A LEGEND
Make history and break records as you assume the career of your favourite snooker pro, or start a brand new journey fresh from the Q-School academy. Rise through the rankings, earn prize money, fill your trophy cabinet and unlock rewards on your way to the Hall of Fame.
- EVERY OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT
Tour all 25 major snooker tournaments around the world in all of the venues, including the China Open at Beijing’s Olympic Gymnasium, The Masters at Alexandra Palace, and the pinnacle World Snooker Championship at the legendary Crucible Theatre.
- ONLINE & OFFLINE MULTIPLAYER
Choose from a full suite of offline and online modes, from quick play online match-making to global online tournaments that link in real-time with the live World Snooker calendar. Plus fully customised matches of full snooker, 6-red and Shoot Out for both online and offline competition.
16. Elea - Episode 1
Elea: MemoriesElea is a surreal sci-fi adventure game in which you play as space scientist Elea. In 2073, Earth was struck by a horrid childhood disease and Elea’s husband Ethan joined an expedition to colonize Solace, a habitable exoplanet, to save humanity from extinction. The interstellar ship he was on, Pilgrimage, went radio silent shortly after it reached planet Solace. Thirteen years later, Elea joins a recovery mission to investigate the faith of the expedition. What follows is a wondrous journey through space.
- Unravel a rich, touching story inspired by books of classic sci-fi writers
- Submerge yourself in amazing graphics powered by Unreal Engine 4
- Discover gorgeous space environments, spectacular vistas and detailed interiors
- Expect the unexpected on this curious journey through outer space
StoryElea is a game that takes the player on the deeply personal journey of a woman, whose life is marked by loss, grief and self-accusation in the aftermath of a global pandemic that turned her youngest boy into a raging psychopath. Luckily, an Earth-like exoplanet within an achievable distance from the Solar system had been recently discovered. Pooling volunteers from around the globe, a first-of-a-kind interstellar spacecraft was built and sent to colonize the yet unexplored planet. The gargantuan ship was named Pilgrimage, embodying the hopes of all of the humanity. To everyone’s dismay, shortly after a successful arrival, the Pilgrimage went on total radio silence. What caused it remains a mystery.
13 years later, research starship Recovery has arrived on site to investigate the fate of the expedition. The player takes the role of the space scientist River Elea Catherine Jones. She is driven above all by a personal goal – to find her husband Ethan, who occupied a prominent position on the Pilgrimage’s scientific crew. By putting the character up against events and phenomena which are beyond human grasp, the game aims to defy the conventional notions of personal accountability, choice and meaning of life. It is a story about our fragility as a species, about finding solace through surrender.
17. Drift Zone
Welcome to the world of drifting! The smell of burned rubber, the roar of 500 bhp engines and the style you have never seen before. Take part in two types of competition and win high cash prizes and reputation points needed to climb up the career ladder. Buy new cars, upgrade them and drive the wheels off them in diverse tracks. And when you already get it all, take part in a series of additional tasks.MAIN FEATURES:
- Buy all of 10 fully customisable cars for detailed physics settings
- Become a Drift Champion and complete 29 levels
- Modifiy suspension of your car in advanced editor
- Customizable gear ratios for fine tuning
- Play with your friends in splitscreen mode
- Show everyone who is the best driver and climb up in global leaderboards
- Support for gamepads and gaming wheels
- Test your skills against ghost of a randomly chosen driver