The best games like Papers, Please are:
- arrow_rightN++ (NPLUSPLUS)
- arrow_rightSuper House of Dead Ninjas
- arrow_rightTower of Time
- arrow_rightOrwell: Ignorance is Strength
- arrow_rightDead Age
100 Best Games Like Papers, Please:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (6)
- PlayStation 4 (9)
- iOS (24)
- Android (13)
- macOS (52)
- Linux (34)
- Nintendo Switch (10)
- Nintendo 3DS (6)
- Nintendo DS (4)
- Xbox 360 (3)
- Xbox (2)
- PlayStation 3 (6)
- PlayStation 2 (4)
- PlayStation (4)
- PS Vita (6)
- PSP (5)
- Wii U (9)
- Wii (14)
- GameCube (1)
- Nintendo 64 (2)
- Game Boy Advance (6)
- Game Boy (3)
- SNES (10)
- NES (13)
- Classic Macintosh (4)
- Apple II (8)
- Commodore / Amiga (30)
- Atari 7800 (1)
- Atari 5200 (1)
- Atari 2600 (5)
- Atari Flashback (1)
- Atari 8-bit (8)
- Atari ST (11)
- Atari XEGS (1)
- Genesis (4)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Dreamcast (3)
- Neo Geo (1)
- Web (2)
Undertale is an independent role-playing game developed by Toby Fox.
Once upon a time, there were two races on Earth: monsters and humans, but a war broke out between them and the latter won. Seven greatest mages sealed the monsters underground and left one entrance through a hole in the Ebott mountain. A lot of time passed since the war, but a human child accidentally falls down the mountain. Its goal is to get back out.
Undertale uses pixelated graphics and traditional mechanics of RPGs such as earning experience points, having an open world, and so on. As the game goes on, the player has to solve several puzzles and interact with NPCs. The battles in the game are represented using the bullet hell mini-games with the player having an option to choose where they want to spare their opponent or hit the enemy back. Monsters behavior depends on the player's actions: if one decides to use a peaceful approach it will be easier to dodge the enemies attacks and vice versa.
The game features a branching story and several endings. The ending the player gets depends on whether they spared or killed the monsters they encountered throughout the game.
During an archeological excavation – a set of Gates were discovered. People quickly realized that these ancient passages lead to different realms and dimensions. Rynoka, a small commercial village, was found near the excavation site – providing brave and reckless adventurers with treasures beyond measure.
Moonlighter is an Action RPG with rogue-lite elements that demonstrates two sides of the coin – revealing everyday routines of Will, an adventurous shopkeeper that secretly dreams of becoming a hero.Features:
While conducting your business in Rynoka village, you can put items on sale, set their price carefully, manage gold reserves, recruit assistants and upgrade the shop. Be careful though – some shady individuals may want to steal your precious wares!
Getting to know Rynoka’s residents and understanding needs of customers is crucial. Some folks may have special quests for you, requesting rare items and offering handsome rewards in return.
Crafting and enchanting system is essential for the your progression. Interacting with the villagers is the way to craft new armors, weapons and enchant existing equipment. This creates a great deal of flexibility and spices up the way the equipment is used.
While visiting other worlds, collect valuable resources, weapons, armors, treasures and peculiar artifacts. Then, manage acquired loot using unique inventory-based abilities.
Defeating various enemies and bosses, revel in the challenging and deep combat mechanics. The depth of combat depends on the interactions between weapons, abilities, enemies and secondary effects of items. Feel comfortable developing your own battling style.
Gates lead to different worlds. Each run is unique and forces you to take some smart decisions. You never know what you will encounter next – that’s why you have to be prepared for everything.
3. N++ (NPLUSPLUS)
N++ is a fast-paced, momentum-based platformer about darting around obstacles, narrowly evading enemies and collecting gold in a beautiful minimalist landscape. It’s the first N game on PC since 2004 and we’ve spent those 12 years perfecting the platformer.
N++ is all about using your momentum to complete levels and get high scores, but in this sci-fi world, there’s a slew of inadvertently homicidal enemy robots trying to prevent you from completing your goal.
Through the hand-crafted (NOT procedurally generated) levels, you’ll experience platforming at its most intense. Using only your fluid movement, you need to ‘solve’ each level and get to the exit.
In addition to the lengthy and challenging single player campaign, we’ve packed a ton of features into this one last entry in the N series including:
-4,340 hand-made levels
-Custom Levels, Level Editor & Global Level Sharing
-Leaderboards and replays for every level (even the ones you make)
-Local Co-op Mode (up to 4 players)
-Local Competitive Mode (up to 4 Players)
-Hardcore Mode, an intense single-player challenge which only the best ninjas will survive
-Intense, hidden Secret challenges to discover
-63 tracks by top electronic artists
-119 different color palettes let you customize the game’s look and keep it fresh every time you play
Play a little, or a lot -- there's no skill ceiling, so you can always get better and better. N++ is a game that has enough bite-sized gameplay to last you a lifetime.
4. Super House of Dead Ninjas
Super House of Dead Ninjas is an action arcade game with roguelite elements. Race against a 30 second timer as you descend floor after foe-filled floor and attempt to unlock the secrets of this deadly tower!
Play as the fearsome Crimson Ninja, wielding an arsenal of deadly ninja weapons and attacks. Ninja magic generates every tower randomly, so no two adventures are the same! Based on the hit Flash game from developers Megadev and Adult Swim Games.
- NEW! Leaderboards Support: bask in the envy of others as you crush their high scores
- NEW! 16:9 Support: play in glorious widescreen
- NEW! 50 new rooms added to random tower generation
- NEW! 3 new enemies and hazards to slice and/or dice
- NEW! 10 additional Steam achievements
- Native controller support
- Randomly-generated levels means endless replayability
- 230 custom rooms, 100 of which are new to this edition
- Dozens of weapons and item upgrades, many seen here for the first time (like the flamethrower and baseball bat)
- Slay eight terrifying bosses and 52 dastardly enemies, including a deadly exploding mushroom
- Transdimensional Leakage: a bizarre new tower to explore
- Upgraded music and sound effects powered by the Ninjinity Engine
- Map Editor: design your own levels and share via Steamworks
- Customize your ninja with new colors and outfits, with thousands of combinations
- Steam exclusive version of the game is bigger and better than the original!
5. Tower of Time
Tower of Time is a new take on classic RPGs. It has hand-crafted levels filled with various enemies, challenging puzzles, and engaging story-lines. Its dynamic real-time combat with slow mode requires tactical awareness and careful preparation of the party.
At the moment the content is for approximately 15 hours of game-play time on normal or lower difficulty, excluding optional battle challenges.Before you buy:If you are looking for a game that is trying to bring something new to RPG genre - Tower of Time is an attempt at just that. If you are not sure if you like the combat we implemented - before you buy - please check some YT clips or visit our YT channel, where we uploaded the combat gameplay recorded and commented by an actual player. This is not a turn-based combat, rather a combination of RPG and RTS on a small scale, where you have the ability to slow time at will.
On Hard difficulty the game is meant to be hard, requiring your undivided attention throughout the entire combat encounter.
On Epic difficulty - there is only one party/skill/item composition for each enemy/boss type that we know of - one mistake will likely wipe your party. You must be in full control of the battle every second. Experimentation and thinking outside-of-the-box will ensure your success here.Features:
- Engaging story – set in a world where technology met magic with devastating consequences. Hundreds of lore books and scattered pieces of information slowly reveal the history of Artara as the protagonist approaches his fate.
- Novel combat system – unique real-time action with a slow-time feature, where each match is played on one of many separate tactical maps. Plan ahead and position your party accordingly. Use slow-time to react to new threats or negate enemy skills. No two encounters are ever the same.
- Five difficulty levels: You can choose whether you want only to enjoy the story or test your tactical thinking and skills.
- Build your party around typical tank/dps/support composition or try something entirely new.
- Different combat scenarios - e.g. Swarm or Only Elite - will ensure that combat is not repetitive.
- Find secret locations, cleverly hidden in the environment. Travel through hand-crafted levels where every single place is carefully designed.
- Seven classes to choose from, and your party can be adjusted at will and anytime, depending on the challenges you face. Each champion has unique skills that can be upgraded and re-trained at will. (In Early Access six champions are available, as the seventh joins your party at lower levels).
- New character progression system: there is no experience to gain. Instead, discover ancient knowledge to unlock new skills and carefully design your characters. Each character could be turned into a powerful and durable attacker or a skill-based champion.
- Defeat powerful elite enemies (bosses) wielding diverse skills and spells. Assess their strengths and weaknesses carefully to succeed.
- Complete combat challenges for item rewards and unique enchanting recipes, or just to test your new party setup.
- Random loot system. Craft item of your choice and power, using crafting crystals of various types. Discover ancient enchanting recipes that can change the nature of the combat, granting regeneration aura or immunity to special effects.
- Upgrade your city as the main training/equipment hub and repository of all the lore you find.
As a young boy, you came upon the base of an immense Tower, uncovered by yet another violent earthquake. Deep below sleeps an ancient power. Since that day, you have been drawn inexorably to this place. Your task is to lead a group of champions and reach whatever resides in the depths of the Tower. There you will face the ultimate choice…
6. Orwell: Ignorance is Strength
Orwell: Ignorance is Strength is the second season of the award winning surveillance thriller - Orwell. It will release as a weekly episodic series and will introduce new mechanics and features to the series, providing players with greater agency to direct their investigation and even the power to use information they gather to influence public opinion. The story takes place in parallel to the events of the first season and reveals a darker, more secret side to the Orwell program.Praise for Orwell:
“Grabs the problem of how we balance our own liberty and our safety and turns it into a thrilling adventure.” – Polygon
“In an age where so much personal information is willingly released by so many, Orwell brilliantly explores the implications of this data being misinterpreted.” – GameSpot
"A harrowing look into a reality where Big Brother is always watching" - Rock Paper Shotgun
10000000 is a Dungeon Crawling RPG Matching Game. Run the dungeon and match to handle the things you encounter
“This game is so good it makes me want to cry” - Eli Hodapp – Editor In Chief – TouchArcade
“This is one of my favorite iOS games in a long time. Buy it. Love it. Pass it on.” - Ben Kuchera – Penny Arcade Report
“Freedom costs 10 million. I’m half-hoping I never make it” - Mike Fahey – Kotaku
“Mashes together two of the most interesting genres of the last years: the puzzle RPG and infinite runner. And it’s damned good.” - Owen Faraday – Pocket Tactics
Upgrade your castle, improve your gear, train skills and brew potions
Can you score 10000000 and earn your freedom?
• Kill monsters and find loot
•Improve your gear and train skills
• Find wood and stone to improve your castle
Test your skill
• More than 60 objectives to complete
• Over 20 different monster types to fight
• Find items and use them effectively
• Fast paced action gameplay
• Retro graphics
• Old school music
"I played this for like 8 hours, it's a fantastic little game."
"I got sucked into this more than I expected"
"Adds so much to the genre, What a great game!"
8. Dead Age
Survive the zombie apocalypse with turn-based combat and permanent death! Manage survivors, go on dangerous scavenging runs, build alliances, craft equipment, make difficult story-influencing decisions, defend your camp against undead hordes and experience non-linear rogue-lite elements. An innovative Indie Survival-RPG!
Just after the zombie outbreak you were fortunate enough to join a group of survivors and hole up in their camp.
But that doesn't set you out of danger! Food supplies are running low, injured survivors must be tended to and materials need to be scavenged to keep the camp intact.
The zombie threat increases steadily and gangs of hostile survivors keep you on the defensive.
Every survivor should be protected because you'll need all hands on deck to defend against the dangers of the apocalypse.
Scavenge supplies in zombie-infested areas, craft survival gear and buy and sell equipment to keep yourself and your camp members alive long enough to learn the skills necessary for long-term survival.
The combat system has its roots in classic role-playing games. You can fight strategically, learn to utilize various weapon types and use a range of bombs or traps.
Should you fail to survive the apocalypse, you can purchase upgrades with medals earned in previous playthroughs to give your new character an edge to start with.
Unlocked pre-apocalypse professions of your character allow you to specialize in various jobs.
Each new playthrough offers different random missions and survivors to meet.
A praised feature of Dead Age is its non-linear story with real in-game consequences. Decisions you make in conflict situations affect the story's future.
You can choose to be a hero and save more survivors, or let them die to stock up on supplies. You can build romance relationships with other survivors or start rivalries that may have disastrous chain reactions.
Daily events offer new dangers and situations in which you must make choices that affect the survival chances of your camp.
Live long enough, and you'll have a chance to unlock one of the game's six possible endings.
9. Face It - A game to fight inner demons
Carefuly crafted puzzles in a challenging 3D platformer experience take the player on a surrealistc journey through a maze of feelings. In Face It, abstract concepts are shaped into gameplay. Darker emotions like fear and depression are monsters and traps, while brighter concepts like HOPE, VISION and LOVE are the powers you need to beat the levels.
Go on a metaphorical journey of self-discovery.
Defeat Ghosts with the power of your inner light.
Avoid dangerous traps.
Find your way through mazes and puzzles.
Discover Some of the many true meanings of magic.
The levels represents dark aspects of human consciousness, like Fear or Attachment. By beating a level, you shall find brighter states of mind, like Love or Truth.
As you might pass through the levels, you may unlock the magical sigils and symbols that represent those new brighter states of mind.
The sigils are symbolic representations of the magician's desired outcome. They are symbols created to cut through the walls of the conscious thought and affect directly the unconscious mind. It's at some extent, similar to subliminal messages.
One of the techniques we use to create sigils is a Sigilization method created by Austin Osman Spare, who was a magician, as well as a painter and graphical artist. The technique consists in writing spells with your intents, and agglutinate the letters to reduce the written statements in abstract symbols. The conscious mind may not remember the meaning of the symbols, but the subconscious keeps the memories about the symbol being made. This way, the symbols and their intents charge each other, exponentially increasing their influence on the mind.
10. Desktop Dungeons
FREE GAME UPDATE! Desktop Dungeons: Enhanced Edition. More ways to die horribly in 10 minutes or less. The award winning quick-play puzzle roguelike is now packed with new content, new classes and a new way to play: Compete against your friends in the seeded Daily Dungeon!
- The perfect coffee-break game for genius tacticians and chilled clickers alike:
- Fight your way through fantasy dungeons in 10 minutes or less. We’re busy people too.
- Prize-winning game design awesomeness (13th Annual IGF Awards)
- Classic roguelike play re-imagined as a unique single-screen puzzle game sort of thing! Reviewers have a hard time with genres.
- Explore unrevealed terrain to regain health and mana. Game hook!
- 6 hours of gameplay? Try 6 billion... You can (and will) play Desktop Dungeons for the rest of your life.
- Randomly generated dungeons are different every time you play. Build your Kingdom to unlock hordes of new classes, races and challenges.
- Daily Dungeon allows you to compete against your Steam friends!
- Amazing soundtrack by the improbably astounding team of Danny Baranowsky and Grant Kirkhope.
Your avatar is a brave warrior who has fallen in battle. But instead of well-deserved peace in Asgard, his soul is trapped in the harsh world of Niffelheim. Survive in this hostile world, ransack the neighbor lands, explore dangerous dungeons and find your way to Valhalla
Survive in the Underworld
Warriors remain warriors even after death. Set out on the path to the last challenge and prove yourself to the Gods. In life you were never frightened by the cold, darkness and death, and you won't fear now. make sure you have enough provision, defend yourself and unravel the mysteries of these lands.
Do not be forgotten
Crush anyone who dares to attack your lands. Each fallen enemy brings you closer to Asgard! Bones, teeth, fur - use all that you scavenge to craft weapons and armor. Build a fortress that will protect you from enemies and help you to destroy the attackers. The Death Priests will issue ultimatums. Will you bend to their will, or reject their orders and accept the battle against their dead minions?
Find a way out
Collect all the pieces of the portal to Asgard. But be careful - they are fiercely guarded by mighty giants, deadly spiders and hordes of undead.
Brew potions from mushrooms and slain beasts to become stronger. Cook the best dishes to feed all your friends. Prepare poison that will kill the most powerful troll.
Explore ancient caves
Reach the very heart of the world to find powerful artefacts that will help you win the final battle. Discover what lies hidden in the darkness.
12. Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages
Ring Runner combines the fast-paced action of space combat with the rich story and skill variety of an RPG.
Trek across the universe in a 30 hour long story-driven campaign based on a companion Sci Fi novel, or challenge 6 scenarios alone, cooperatively, or competitively through local or online multiplayer.
Choose from 60 customizable hulls that act as templates for 400+ wildly-varied skills. Level layouts, backgrounds, and AI enemies are all procedurally generated, yielding billions of challenges.Story
You awake from unelective brain surgery to find key memory centers of your brain missing. They've been replaced by Nero, your peanut-butter-craving neuro-Hud, who'll guide you through the universal super-highways known as The Rings. If you survive fiery trench runs, flail-swinging gladiators, and feuding trash moguls, you'll discover that you're a Sage, capable of rewriting the physical laws with your thoughts.
But beware The Extinguishers!
In the interests of universal order, The Consortium of the Inner Rings has slated the Sages for extinction, plunging the cosmos into a war with casualties measured in galaxies. You'll play a pivotal role in this terrible battle... if you can find out who you are.Big PictureFeatures
- 400+ Unique Abilities - many inspired by fantasy games
- 60 Fully Customizable Ships - five archetypes, with many hybrids to choose from
- 30 Hour Story-Driven Campaign - universe based on a companion Sci Fi novel
- 6 Scenarios - Play alone or coop and competitively through online multiplayer
- Infinite Challenges - The level layouts, backgrounds, and AI enemies are procedurally generated
- Reliable Multiplayer - drop-in and drop-out of games with seamless host migration; no waiting in lobbies
- Local Coop - "Duo" ships allow a friend to act as a copilot, usable in multiplayer modes and second half of campaign
- Full Soundtrack - 20 tracks of music and hundreds of original sound effects
- Classic Arcade Inspired Mini-games - earn Sage abilities by conquering challenges in The Subrostrum
- 30 Prebuilt Ships - jump straight into the action with these handcrafted hulls
- Space Defense League - League of Legends/DotA in space! Complete with cruisers, bosses, swarms of drones, and waves of power up crates
- Zombie Survival - Rack up the kills before the hordes of space zombies feast on the atoms of your brains; defeat custom bosses to gain Super Sage abilities!
- Wave Survival - Survive waves of procedurally generated bosses, swarmers, and standard ships
- Gladiator Mode - Run a gauntlet of procedurally generated bosses
- Spire Battle - Fast-paced base vs base battles
- Deathmatch - No teams; it's every Sage for his or herself
"At its best, it takes the very idea of a twin-stick shooter, shakes it by the collar and shrieks, 'Space is enormous and deserves more than lasers and lightshows – let us strive for the beauty and variety that the stars deserve.'"
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun
"Bites off way more than it can chew, and it’s endlessly endearing for it."
13. Richard & Alice
Richard and Alice are prisoners. Both their cells have a leather sofa and a state-of-the-art computer. But only Richard’s has a TV.
Outside, the snow falls. It has done for some time. Elsewhere, they say, parts of the world have been rendered an inhospitable desert, the earth parched and cracked. People live in the zones now. The lucky ones, anyway.
Richard and Alice have secrets.
Created by Lewis Denby and Ashton Raze, whose games journalism credits include the likes of Eurogamer, Gamespot and the Telegraph, Richard & Alice is a riveting mystery story about family, desperation and the weather – all set to the beat of an indie adventure game.
14. Empire TV Tycoon
Empire TV Tycoon is a game in which you manage a TV channel and fight for audiences taking decisions that will project your channel to fame and fortune.You will decide the content of your channel, select advertisers, hire workers, make your own productions, hire actors, and engage in much more activities! It's inspired by games such as Mad TV, Mud TV, and other movie management games, with a modern approach on how to produce custom content such as movies or tv-shows.
Empire TV is a big corporation having serious losses, and It can't afford to maintain three channels, but only one, any longer. You have been hired to lead one of the channels to achieve fame and be the one that remains.
- Manage your channel and determine the best content for the current audience. Also, increase your fame and win the war between the three Empire TV channels.
- Each audience group has its likes and dislikes. Make them happy and your fame will increase; make them sad and your channel will sink into the TV deeps.
- Buy and sell movies or TV shows that suit your audience best. Also, you can select your favorite movies from about 1000 movies.
- Don't be tempted to use illegal content. While pirated movies are cheaper, the risk is high and police is always watching.
- If you can help the advertisers to reach your audience, you will win some money. But be careful: Sometimes, their requests and deadlines are hard to fulfill.
- Hire workers who will help you to execute different tasks, and each one with their own level and skill.
- Make your own productions, movies or tv-shows. Distribute your resources effectively for each available movie genre.
- Enjoy a personalized and randomized movie script for each production. Lots of combinations for each movie genre.
- Hire actors, knowing their own strengths and weakness, to act in your production. Do your best to keep them happy and utilize their skills efficiently.
- As the director, you will have to take prudent decisions during the production, and these decisions will affect the final quality of the production.Submit your productions to the industry awards in different categories. Try to be the best and win glory and fame.
- And discover many secrets and other surprises related to the film industry in the last 50 years.
15. Devolver Bootleg
Devolver Bootleg contains eight original rip-offs of Devolver Digital games including:
Enter The Gun Dungeon
Imagine a dungeon crawler but instead of swords it’s guns. But also everything is made out of guns and bullets and stuff. Like, everything.
Brutal, fast-paced, stealth action and a whole lot of blood. From your garbage person apartment in historically interesting and relevant Milwaukee, pick up the phone, and answer the call--of murder. Follow instructions and follow the stairs deeper and deeper into the mysterious basement. Where does it go? Who are you?
Ape Out Jr.
Escape out of ape prison in this classic arcade-style platformer where you play as an orange gorilla who will kill everyone so he can to see his dad again. Grab unsuspecting guards to use as weapons and shields in this completely original idea set to an interpretive chiptune jazz drummer soundtrack. Please, Ape Out was my father’s name.
It’s the never-ending story of a young boy falling down a well, wearing a giant boot as if it was overalls, which also is a gun. Collect gems, squash and shoot the fauna, fall deeper into the infinite well, and wear some other equally large and ballistically designed shoes.
Super Absolver Mini: Turbo Fighting Championship
(2 Players Only)
A competitive fighting game where you play as your choice of one of four masked combat disciples. You choose two special moves. You fight two rounds. The winner is absolved of the obligation to ever have to fight again, but probably will anyway because the one true resolve of the flesh is a fist colliding with it.
It’s a cat inside of a suit of armor. It’s a cat...In full plate armor. What else do you want?
PikuBiku Ball Stars
(2 Players Only)
Everybody’s favorite red thing with legs is back and ready to sink some baskets with a friend. Nothing but net baby. Slam freakin’ dunk.
Hello, I am Rami Ismail, ½ of Dutch independent game development studio, Vlambeer. We made a version of Luftrausers that had a typo, and JW left the thumbdrive containing the source at a coffee shop somewhere while I was doing a talk in Berlin, then Nairobi, then in Los Angeles the following day. If you find the thumbdrive, can you please return it and please PLEASE do not share the contents with anyone or add it to a compilation of pirated, under-the-table ripoffs of games that Devolver has published.
16. The Last Express Gold Edition
Described as one of the best adventure games of all time, The Last Express is an intrigue-filled adventure set aboard the luxurious Orient Express. In July 1914, on the eve of World War I, as the train departs on its final journey from Paris to Constantinople, the player steps into the shoes of Robert Cath, an American doctor with a mysterious past. A fugitive from French police, Cath boards the train in answer to an urgent telegram from his best friend – and plunges into a maelstrom of conspiracy, romance and murder.
Categories in common with The Last Express Gold Edition: Adventure
17. Zafehouse: Diaries
Stuck in a remote, abandoned town, you must lead five survivors with conflicting motivations, fragile relationships and fiery prejudices to safety from the roving undead. A sophisticated engine generates new survivors, towns and content so every adventure is a different experience, and you can use built-in editors to add yourself and others to the game.Features
- Deal with the volatile relationships of your survivors by strategically assigning them to tasks, siding with them on difficult decisions or seeding rumours about their past
- The undead aren't the only threat - negotiate, bargain, trade with or fight merciless lynch mobs, zombie hunters and bitten survivors
- Experience a fresh story each time you play as the procedural engine crafts new survivors, towns and content
- Built-in editors make it easy to add yourself and your friends to the game. Create your own survival horror story in your hometown
- Unique diary interface records each action, choice and disaster. Save your heroic story and share it with others
Zafehouse: Diaries is a fresh take on the zombie / survival horror genre. If you're sick of mindless shooters or generic-looking top down affairs that just don't get what the zombie genre is about, this is the game for you.About Screwfly StudiosWe're a two-man developer based in Australia, dedicated to creating deep, innovative strategy games for PC. Zafehouse: Diaries is Screwfly's debut title and the spiritual successor to the highly-regarded Zafehouse.
18. Weedcraft Inc
Weedcraft Inc explores the business of producing, breeding and selling weed in America, delving deep into the financial, political and cultural aspects of the country's complex relationship with this troublesome and promising plant.
Would-be Mary Jane moguls will need to prioritize resources carefully as they manage the production and distribution of their weed. Cultivate killer plants, cross-breed them to create unique strains of the devil’s lettuce, hire and manage a growing staff, and be prepared to take on the competition. As in real life, the business of bud presents plenty of opportunity along with a plethora of problems. Decide when and where to take on extra risk to maximize profit, but be careful, the cops and politicians are all working their own angles.
An important, controversial topic presented in an insightful and detailed manner, Weedcraft Inc presents a challenge to those would rule the reefer offering a series of diverse scenarios and unique characters to work with (or around) as your budding empire grows. Whether you choose to hobnob with politicians, pay off the po-po, fight for medical marijuana rights or work the legal system, it’s all in the name of the sticky icky and your cutthroat corporate profits.
Beware! This game is really hard!
If you like challenges or you don't mind losing A LOT, this game is for you.One simple rule:
Shoot only the squares that have the same color as the background (the bad guys).One simple goal:
Survive 64.0 seconds.Shoot first, listen later:
Reflexes and memory are key to this game.
We use rhythm as hints in certain parts, but you should trust more in your eyes.A more formal description:
64.0 is a minimal fast-paced arcade game, where you shoot the squares that have the same color as the background, but since the background is constantly changing, everyone can be a bad guy!Features:
- Fast-paced action.
- Awesome chiptune soundtrack.
- One unique mechanic each level.
- Endless mode with leaderboards.
Redshirt is the comedy sci-fi sim about social networking aboard a space station, starring the station's most ambitious low-ranking peon: you! Navigate the professional and interpersonal politics of the ubiquitous "Spacebook" to curry favor among friends and colleagues. As intense intergalactic conflict rages around you, it's up to you to accrue those all-important "likes" on your status updates! Whether you're looking for love, opportunities for promotion, or even a chance to play Zero-G golf with the captain, you can schmooze your way through social circles and claw your way up the career ladder. Perhaps you too can finally achieve the dream of an off-station transfer, or even the Redshirt's opportunity of a lifetime: being sent on an away-mission!
"Redshirt’s take on science fiction clichés is amusing, telling short stories in the form of status updates and messages, but the activity of playing the game is rather intense, even though it’s a turn-based life management sim. As if accidentally snubbing friends and causing heartbreak wasn’t enough, a short while into your misadventure, a disturbing message arrives. A calamity is coming. The station is doomed. People will die." - Rock Paper Shotgun
"Spying on an ex in a video game even though there’s no tangible benefit to doing so WHATS GOING ON" - Red Door Blue Key
Redshirt received an Honorable Mention in the 2014 IGF Awards for Excellence in Narrative!
Social Networking, But Not As We Know It...
Redshirt is a comedy sci-fi social networking simulation game. Create & customise your character, a brand new arrival aboard space station Megalodon-9, where you start your career on the lowest possible rung: a Transporter Accident Cleanup Technician. You also realise that everyone on the station is required to use the proprietary social network, "Spacebook"!
You hear rumours something terrible will happen soon aboard the station, and it's up to you to stop being a disposable nobody before it's too late! You can do this by interacting (through Spacebook!) with randomly-generated, AI-driven characters with their own unique personalities, trying to win friends and influence station citizens. Or, you can focus on what skills you need to climb the fairly-extensive career tree. Or, save up your KarmaCreds. Or, flirt your way up the station. The choice is yours, and there are different strategies. You just have a limited time in which to do it, otherwise... terrible things will happen. You are a Redshirt, after all!Features
- Satirical, tongue-in-cheek social simulation, filled with humour and political intrigue.
- Detailed character creation: choose from 5 different species, from human to tentacled squid creature!
- Each game is unique: Megalodon-9 is full of procedurally generated AI-driven characters, each with their own random personalities and profile pictures.
- Customise station settings: define the kinds of personalities you'll encounter, from friendly chatterboxes to self-obsessed bigots.
- Update your Spacebook, strategically 'like' statuses, and send private messages to your fellow station citizens.
- Arrange Spacebook 'events' with your friends, frenemies, and even higher-ranking officers, to influence your relationships and skills.
- Multiple routes to success through turn-based gameplay, from skills-based diligence, to romance, to charismatic schmoozing.
- Navigate an extensive, non-linear career tree, by gaining the right skills... or just by making the right friends.
- Make friends and manage romantic relationships -- if you can handle the drama!
- Strategically manage your interests and skills.
- Buy items in the Self-Help Object Purveyor (S.H.O.P.) to increase your stats and skills, from RoboCats to illegal hoverbikes!
- Away missions!
- Humorous parody of social networking culture.
- Puns! So many puns.
- IndieHaven (8/10): http://indiehaven.com/redshirt-review-2/
- Dads Gaming Addiction (8/10): http://www.dadsgamingaddiction.com/redshirt/
- Softpedia (8/10): http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/games/pc/Redshirt-Review-400716.shtml
- ZOMGPlay (7/10): http://zomgplay.com/2013/11/15/review-redshirt-pc-ios/
- Tiger Gaming: http://tiger-gaming.org/redshirt/
- Jayisgames.com: http://jayisgames.com/archives/2013/11/redshirt.php
- Anthony Burch (Borderlands 2 Lead Writer): http://www.heyash.com/why-i-like-redshirt
- Red Door Blue Key (4/5): http://www.reddoorbluekey.com/reviews/review-redshirt/
- Paste Magazine (8/10): http://pastemagazine.com/articles/2013/11/redshirt-review-pc.html
- The Mary Sue: http://www.themarysue.com/redshirt-game-review/
Basement is a drug-dealing strategy game where you play a scientist who is forced to do illegal stuff in your basement. Actually it’s all about management. You build your own enterprise producing several types of drugs, find the right place to sell them, invite scientists and security, avoid federal agents and build the most effective company.
You start in your own basement. Since the police has no interest in a small dealer, you have the chance to grow. Once your expansion becomes noticeable you’ll be allowed to sell at higher rates, get better workers, upgrade your production and access new technologies. But be careful! This growth will attract the cops. With rapid growth, your enterprise will become fragile. If it survives all the troubles it faces, you will become invincible. Otherwise, you will lose money, workers and respect. While your influence in the city shortens, you risk being imprisoned in the end.
23. Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic
„Listen! The end is nigh!! Hear my words and prepare! An ancient cult has set foot in our lands! They call themselves -The Sons of Dawn- and pray to some dark elder god. They have started recruiting people for their cause all over the country. I fear that they want to try to awaken something which should be left sleeping. Something dangerous and sinister! Something that might destroy us all. Spend your last of days wisely...“
Enter the world of PIXEL HEROES and prepare yourself for a thrilling RPG/Roguelike experience like you have never seen before!
Explore a randomized world full of hilarious events, deadly dungeons and the weirdest NPCs you will ever meet in a game!
Choose three heroes for your party and take them on a journey that will be completely different each time you start a new game. Bath in a pool of procedurally generated loot and defeat the evil forces that threaten the township of Pixton!
- 30 unique hero classes to unlock, each with individual skills and attributes.
- More procedurally generated axes, spears, maces, swords, shields, bows, crossbows, spells and prayers than a lama has hair on its body.
- 13 mystic and beautifully cruel dungeons to explore. With epic bossfights waiting!
- 3 campaigns to unlock, each with its own final dungeon and boss.
- Permadeath! You know you want it.
- A detailed graveyard where you can mourn your dead heroes, compare their statistics and see which of their choices led to their tragic death.
- Completely crazy NPCs, each one of them with a significant storyline that you can follow to unlock cool stuff!
- Tons of random events that you will encounter on your way, expecting you to make important choices. Will you yell at the cat like a crazy idiot?
- Many achievements and unlockables, try to get them all and become the most badass Pixel Heroes player in the world!
24. Pirate Pop Plus
RETRO-STYLE ARCADE ACTION!
Pirate Pop Plus is a super addictive, gravity-defying, score-chasing, bubble-busting, retro-style arcade game.
Join Pete Jr on his quest to defeat the nefarious Bubble Pirate, an evil villain who has trapped the innocent townsfolk in bubbles!
Dodge and pop bubbles with your anchor while collecting power-ups and managing Bubble Pirate’s constant gravity-switching mischief! When you feel at your Piratey-est, test your skill in the ultra-challenging Hyper Mode... The game may be faster and harder, but you'll find treasures beyond your wildest dreams. Coins as far as the eye can see!
Collect coins to unlock content in the game’s shop like new music, new faceplates, buttons, backlights, and even characters for your bubble-popping mayhem! Yarr!
Out of the box controller support!
- Generic twin-stick Analogue Controllers
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
- Xbox One Windows 10
- Sony DualShock 3
- Sony DualShock 4
- 8bitdo NES, SNES, PRO
- Buffalo NES, SNES
- USB retrobit / retroport NES adaptor (Windows support coming soon)
25. NITE Team 4
NITE Team 4 is a story-driven military hacking simulation game that explores the world of cyberwarfare and features realistic mission scenarios. It will be released on Steam for PC and Mac.
You play as a new recruit in the covert hacking cell, Network Intelligence & Technical Evaluation (NITE) Team 4. Engaged in cyberwarfare with black hat groups and hostile states, you will be in a struggle to penetrate highly secure targets. Your job is to use the STINGER hacking system to infiltrate hardened computer networks and coordinate strike teams on the ground to carry out missions that feature real espionage tradecraft terminology taken straight from leaked NSA documents.
In NITE Team 4, players will have access to a virtual hacking platform based off real systems (Kali Linux / Metasploit). Each mission is broken down into distinct phases including Recon, Exploitation and Raid.
In the Recon Phase, players will be performing research and investigative tasks to learn all they can using actual espionage tradecraft. Utilize reconnaissance tools to map networks, fingerprint systems and gather intelligence that will help you uncover possible weaknesses in the target organization.
After gaining a thorough understanding of the enemy, players will move to the Exploitation Phase where they will use hacking modules to exploit and gain a secure foothold into the target. Customize your attack strategy by leveraging all the offensive system tools at your disposal.
Finally, the Raid Phase begins where players will work with military teams on the ground to provide specialized support and direct units to effectively compromise an entire facility/organization using highly advanced cyberwarfare equipment. Ensure your team is well equipped to defeat threats on the ground, facility security controls and network defenses.
HACKING SUITE - The STINGER hacking platform is inspired by actual platforms like Kali Linux. It allows players to control sophisticated modules and use custom intrusion tools to deliver an authentic hacking experience.
IN THE FIELD - Direct troops in the field to carry out hacking operations like covertly implanting devices with eavesdropping equipment and sabotaging targets.
RICH STORY - Mission objectives and descriptions feature real world NSA intel analyst terminology, taken straight from leaked NSA documents in the Snowden archive and inspiration from actual cyberthreats.
ALTERNATE REALITY WAR GAMES - From Advanced Persistent Threats to covert malware projects that destroy critical infrastructure, NITE Team 4 is inspired by the real world of cyberwarfare and includes optional Alternate Reality Game elements that enhance the immersion of the universe.
26. Spire of Sorcery – Character Generator
Spire of Sorcery is the upcoming open world survival RPG from Alexey Bokulev (creator of Eador. Genesis and Gremlins, Inc.).
Spire of Sorcery – Character Generator is a free companion tool that allows you to have some fun and express your creativity:
- Generate random characters from the world of Rund (biographies and portraits) – and edit them as you see fit!
- Create your own characters: write their background stories, give them names – then assemble the portraits to match!
- Share your work with the community: export portraits to use as avatars; export portraits and biographies to share on Discord and elsewhere!
We love feedback, and we very much welcome your suggestions and bug reports here on Steam and over on Discord! Many thanks for helping us create a better player experience for everyone!!
27. Rise of Flight United
Rise of Flight is the most realistic WWI PC flight simulation ever created. Take to the skies of war torn Europe and experience daring air combat at the dawn of aviation. Re-enact famous air battles fought by legendary aces such as Manfred von Richtofen, James McCudden, Georges Guynemer and Eddie Rickenbacker. Rise of Flight transports you to a time when courageous pilots fought each other for control of the sky high above the bloody trenches. In aircraft made of canvas and wood they battled to the death. While some survived to become legends, most met a fiery fate. Do you have the skills and the courage to become an Ace?
The free-to-play Rise of Flight United is just the beginning of your adventure. There are 35 additional flyable aircraft available for purchase along with additional content from the Steam store in the form of content packs. These packs include not only airplanes and additional theaters of war, but other helpful items such as Field Modifications and Weapon Modifications for your aircraft which can help you be a more effective combat pilot. The Rise of Flight universe continues to expand with new flyable aircraft and game updates added on a regular basis. The sky knows no limit.The free-to-play Rise of Flight United allows you to:
- Pilot three fighter planes (Spad 13, Albatros D.Va and Nieuport 17 by Dux plant) with all their modifications included against any planes in the game.
- Access Training campaign, Quick Mission Builder, Career mode and pilot the aircraft you have in multiplayer.
- Enjoy advanced graphics featuring High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting, blinding sun glare, beautiful sunrises and sunsets, dark moonlit nights with stars and realistic looking raindrops and oil splatter on pilot goggles.
- Experience a cutting edge flight-sim with advanced flight-models, adjustable difficulty settings, a complex physics engine and an industry leading progressive damage model.
- Practice teamwork with your friends by manning additional gunner positions. You get unlimited access as a gunner to multi-crew airplanes in Multiplayer matches. Protect your plane’s six o’clock!
- Endure G-effects with blackout, red out and wounded pilot effects featuring blood splatter, ringing ears and control difficulty.
- Explore huge maps of Western and Eastern fronts of World War I.
Categories in common with Rise of Flight United: Simulation
28. Street Legal Racing: Redline v2.3.1
Street Legal Racing: Redline is a legend, it's the world's most popular vehicle mechanic simulator with night drag races and on-track racing events. We have improved the original game by adding a lot of new features and fixing old bugs.WARNING: THIS RELEASE IS STILL BETA, IT COULD BE UNSTABLE AND CONTAIN BUGS!What's new:
- 16 cars from Street Legal 1 with all models, correct prices, descriptions, etc.
- 17 new high-quality maps, including drag strip with working traffic light
- 7 new gamemodes, including Drifting, Circuit racing and Drag racing
- Pedals for automatic, semi-automatic and manual transmission
- DTM modifications of Nonus, Baiern and Einvagen
- DTM V8 engine
- Shimutshibu Focer WRC bodykit
- Fixed baiern custom headlights and little fixes to chassis
- Paintable stock rims
- Unlocked hidden suspension scripts
- Bugfixes for previous versions of the game
- Tyre texture replacement
- New rear wings
- Side exhaust for Prime DLH
- New mufflers
- Improved F3 camera for all stock cars
- Skydome animation
- Gullwing doors for SuperDuty
- 900km/h speed limit
- Completely new high-quality animated graphic interface, a lot of fixes and improvements to old interface code
- Russian language support
- Debug features (stop EXE, on-screen debug, print to log)
- THOR: little addon for asynchronous code execution
- New type of GPS map with automatic route generator
- Entirely new main menu
- Extended freeride mode: now you can select the map
- Add-on gamemodes and maps support
- Extended career mode with over 60 racing events
- Camera animations on race start
- Both manual and automatic savegame support
- New unlockable cheats (fillmygarage, testme, reddevil)
- Completely new credits menu
- Hall of fame: my personal memorial in the game in honor of the legendary members of Street Legal community
- New soundtrack, including unreleased tracks of Hotel Sinus
- Paint booth as a dedicated game area
- Paintcans with selectable RGB/HSL color and capacity
- No more vehicle information in Joe's dealership
- New trade-in dealership
- Three ROC prize cars
- Automatic, semi-automatic and manual transmissions as separated parts
- Differential as a separated part
- Additional MC hood
- New model of Prime car: DLH750
- Prime DLH500 is not a special car anymore and become available for purchase
- Police versions of playable cars in Hot Pursuit gamemode
- Particle systems for tarmac, sand, gravel and grass
- New ground detector code: now the game can tell you if you're driving off the asphalt area
- Added code for checking RPM in the java
- Added code for controlling vehicle programmatically from java
- Built-in debug tools for placing environment sounds, camera animation points, OSD calibration, etc.
- Completely new OSD for all stock cars
- New default OSD
- New game fonts
- New cursors
- New high-quality game icon and new logo
- Ability to get into the car in dealerships
- Vehicle class detection
- Ghost driver feature
- Ability to talk to police
- High-resolution skydome textures
- Animated OSD message boxes
- Built-in automatic RDB builders to help modders
- Flappable parts can be opened by click in dealerships
- Tons of improvements in original game code
- New decals and logos
- Automatic save is more frequent
- Completely new traffic
- Moveable parts in the garage
- Driveable garage
Interstellaria is a real time space-exploration sim and crew management game.
Command a fleet of vessels wandering the galaxy for adventure and profit! You’ll be forced to make tough decisions as you face hostile starships, crippling space anomalies, and intriguing aliens. When your fleet faces certain doom, should you direct your crew to make critical repairs, or report to their stations and boost your fleet?
Land your flagship on an alien world, allowing your crew to gather valuable resources for you— but be sure to equip them with powerful armor and weapons! It’s a dangerous universe out there, and although many helpful creatures will trade or share valuable information with you, many more will attack on sight!Features
- Tactical crew management. Direct crewmen to put out fires, or repair damaged equipment. Posting them to their station boosts your fleet's speed and combat abilities.
- Customize your ship with helpful stations. Allocate power to important systems or simply outfit your ship with lasers and put all power into weapons!
- Your crew eats, sleeps, and needs entertainment. Each one develops unique traits throughout the game that help or hurt the mission. Various outfits and weapons can be found to customize them further.
- Fleet-based combat. Instead of controlling a single ship, you control multiple ships each with their own crew.
- Fully explorable galaxy, no areas are off limits. Each region has unique ships, aliens, and mysteries to find.
- Land your ships on planets! Each world is a new experience and has special rewards for you and your crew.
- Featuring an all-original soundtrack from the incredibly popular chiptune musician Chipzel.
30. The Westport Independent
A game about Censorship, Corruption and Newspapers
The Westport Independent is a censorship simulator taking place in a post-war country, governed by the recently elected Loyalist Party. As the editor of one of the last independent newspapers in the country, your job is to remove and edit the content of your paper, affecting the people’s opinion of both the rebels and the Loyalist government. With an increase of rebel activity and an ever watching government breathing down your neck, whose truth will you print?Features
- Change the content and meaning of your articles by censoring them to your liking. While you can’t lie, you don’t have to tell the whole truth either.
- Employees with fleshed out character, who will not only react to your actions, but also discuss them with other colleagues.
- Receive letters and messages from public figures, rebel leaders, employees and other characters affected by your actions.
- Adaptive stories where your actions affect the opinions of the people, which affects what happens in the city, which in turn affects the stories you receive.
- - Biggest surprise at The MIX GDC 2015, IGN
- - Part of "Three Cool Surprises From PAX 2015", from Kotaku
- - Part of "The Very Best Indie Games of GDC 2015", from Gameinformer
- - The Best of GDC 2015, 148 apps
31. Fighting Fantasy Classics
Ready your sword, pack your provisions and prepare to embark upon nostalgic quests of epic proportions where YOU choose what happens next! Journey a magical realm, fighting monsters and unravelling mysteries in Fighting Fantasy Classics – text-based roleplaying adventures remastered. Originally presented by Steve Jackson & Ian Livingstone in the 80s and 90s, Fighting Fantasy Classics brings these timeless tales back to your gaming library.
- Every player recieves Jonathan Green's swashbuckling pirate adventure - Bloodbones - free with their download.
- Titles available to purchase include Caverns of the Snow Witch, Citadel of Chaos, City of Thieves, Deathtrap Dungeon, The Forest of Doom, Island of the Lizard King, and The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (original gamebook version), with more books planned for future updates.
- Make the gamebooks as easy or hard as you like and even turn on a special 'Free Read' mode to play the book like an old-school cheater!
- Map feature makes it easy to keep track of everywhere you have explored during current and previous playthroughs.
- Unlimited Bookmarks allow you to revisit difficult sections as many times as desired.
- Classic, original artwork from Iain McCaig, Russ Nicholson, Malcolm Barter, Ian Miller and more! All viewable through a collectable artwork gallery.
- Automated Adventure Sheet that keeps track of your stats, inventory and knowledge gained during your journey.
- Specially composed, atmospheric soundtrack and effects.
- History of Fighting Fantasy and Rulebook titles, included as free books on the shelf for all players.
Traverse the realm of Allansia, using your might and magic to hunt down evil demisorcers. Brave the dangers of Darkwood Forest to help save a doomed village of dwarves. Seek vengeance from the Pirate Lord who murdered your family and destroyed your life many moons ago. Save a port-town from the wrath of an undead lord and his ghostly hound minions!
Part story, part game, in these adventures YOU ARE THE HERO!
KARDS is an exciting free to play collectible card game set in WWII, full of strategy, tactics, action and fun! Play as any of the major powers of WWII and participate in epic battles against other players, or against the cunning AI. Collect cards and build up your armies of iconic tanks, aircraft, infantry, artillery and more from all theaters and periods of the war. Give orders, use naval support, espionage, sabotage or focus on the most advanced technology. Use Blitzkrieg tactics, strategic bombing or dig in for bitter defensive warfare until you outproduce and outgun your enemies. Kards is easy to learn, but hard to master. Battles are won by cunning, tactics, experience and strategy. Do you have what it takes?
33. Timen runner
Hardcore pixel 2D platformer with steampunk elements, with randomly generated levels.
The main character is a little man who lives in the world of watches and watch mechanisms, his name is Timen.
Your task is to score as many points as possible to get to be on top of players. The hour keys and "elements” within the level will help you to do this task.
In the beginning, you will have one minute. If the countdown reaches zero, the character will die and you will lose.
- "Hour keys". Gives the opportunity to open new levels;
- "Elements". Adds 30 seconds to the countdown if you collect 5 of them.
- Minimal pixel 2D graphics;
- Design in the style of "Steampunk";
- Hardcore gameplay;
- Random generation of levels;
- Pleasant 8-bit music accompaniment;
- Different abilities of the character;
34. Zafehouse Diaries 2
Zafehouse Diaries is back!
The cult hit from 2012 is now bigger, better and more terrifying than ever. Take control of a group of people - each with their own skills, motivations and prejudices - and try to survive the zombie apocalypse.
Every hour, designate tasks for your handful of survivors and then read what happens in your dynamically updating diary.
There are several different scenarios. Most are based around achieving an objective: get to the rescue point, repair a car, stop the military. But others are open-ended and can be played for as long as you can survive.Features
- Every story is unique: Each game is procedurally generated - will your survivors work well together and complete their objectives?
- Ordinary people, extraordinary situations: Keep your survivors happy and motivated, or they'll turn on each other
- All new engine: Zafehouse Diaries has been upgraded in every way. Full widescreen support, high resolution, a 3D environment and multiplatform support
- More of everything: Loads of new items, orders, events, occupations, dilemmas and scenarios
- Increased control: Equip your survivors and determine how they defend and breach locations
Zafehouse Diaries 2 has a wide range of customisation options. There are many ways to adjust the game’s difficulty and add custom content, including survivors, occupations and items.
- Custom game options: Change variety of gameplay options, from item distribution and zombie strength, to relationships and dilemmas
- Survivors: Create your own survivors and configure their occupation, gender, sexuality and more. Choose from dozens of built-in portraits or import your own
- Group creator: Customise special groups of survivors - including their prejudices - to control exactly who you want in your game
- Occupations: Add new occupations, configure their bonuses, and assign them to your custom survivors
- Item editor: Design new items, import photos and even add your own sound effects
At its core, Zafehouse Diaries 2 is the same strategic drama simulator as the original, but it expands on it in every way: added content, upgraded engine, more surprises, more madness.
I loved the original. Will I like this?
Yes! We've taken all the great bits that our fans loved about the original, smoothed out the rough edges, and expanded on it. While we've added some extra complexity around combat and orders, we've also made the systems quick and easy to use, and included a smart set of defaults if you just want to go with the flow.
What are some of the new gameplay features?
You have more control over how your survivors breach and investigate locations. You can also equip your survivors with a weapon that they will always use.
Some orders have more granular options - if you notice zombies massing to the north, then you can focus your barricading efforts on north-facing entrances.
We've also overhauled many parts of the interface so it's easy to see what's going on. The most obvious example is the location layout, but you can also easily check your survivors' skills, injuries and special modifiers.
Are survivor relationships important?
Absolutely. We've refined the system so you can have more ways to change relationships. In addition to the rumour system, we’ve added a new option: redemptions.
This involves one survivor being asked to do certain tasks to 'redeem' themselves in the eyes of another, which removes a prejudice. It's also more obvious what might happen to relationships during a dilemma, so you can tactically choose an option that improves relationships.
Is combat still brutal?
Combat is still the most dangerous aspect of the game, but you have more control over breaching. For example, you can equip survivors and select how cautious they should be while breaching. Furthermore, survivors are more likely to flee if things are looking pretty grim. If you still find it hard, then you can tweak the difficulty settings.
35. Learn Japanese To Survive! Kanji Combat
Learn Japanese To Survive! Kanji Combat is an educational game, designed to be the ideal introductory course to the Japanese language! It's the third game in a smash-hit series, following Hiragana Battle and Katakana War - but you don't need to have played those!
This new game teaches you a separate part of Japanese: the Kanji writing system. Everything you need to start learning Japanese is contained within the game!
Japanese is a language that can be very daunting to begin learning. It contains a unique alphabet of intricate symbols that can be very confusing to newcomers. How do you write these symbols? How do you even pronounce them?! If you're asking yourself these questions, don't worry - that's completely normal!
Learn Japanese To Survive! Kanji Combat is your ticket to easy Japanese learning!
Learn over 200 Kanji characters! With this knowledge under your belt, you can begin reading and writing Japanese!
At the start of each of the game's chapters, you'll learn a new set of Kanji characters. Following that, you're free to go on adventures and explore. You'll encounter dangerous enemies that have taken the shape of Kanji. To defeat them, you'll need to correctly translate them! If you give the wrong answer, your attack will be reflected and used against you. It's a learn & live situation!
Much like the other games in this series, you will also have the opportunity to learn some Japanese vocabulary! You'll see how words are constructed using Kanji, and learn the translations of useful words and phrases.Features
- Learn over 200 Kanji characters, with detailed instructions on how to read and write each character.
- Learn useful mnemonic techniques to recognise each Kanji.
- Audio speech examples from native Japanese speakers demonstrate how to pronounce each Kanji character.
- Follow along with the exciting story that will see you travel to Japan to defend the country from shape-shifting monsters!
- Exciting gameplay with familiar RPG elements - collect items, complete quests, engage in batles!
- Build a new town from the ground up. Customise your town with different features!
- Form new friendships and get to know each of your companions with unlockable story sequences.
- Earn experience points and level up your characters.
- Review completed lessons to brush up on your knowledge.
- In-game quizzes test what you're learning.
- Original soundtrack, including opening and closing themes with vocals!
36. Cube - The Jumper
The main hero of this game became an ordinary cube. "And the weakest of mortals can change the course of history" - more precisely, and the simplest of all when - any existing protagonists can turn your idea of platformers!Features:
- Sandbox: freebuild with all game blocks / textures
- Nice background music
- Simple controls
- Upcoming updates
- Minimal graphics
- Various levels
- "Monstrous trials!"
- Cool Steam achievements
In this, at first glance, unpretentious game you have to overcome many amazing and breathtaking tests, play for the small red cube.
Jump through obstacles, activate buttons and avoid spikes, come across here and there - the collision with them will not bring you anything good. Elementary in its essence, but unusually exciting game. A lot of positive emotions + interesting achievements in the kit.
The game has a sandbox mode, in which you can play with blocks and textures!
37. Crown Champion: Legends of the Arena
In Crown Champion: Legends of the Arena you are not a hero, a noble ruler, or even a combatant. Instead, you are the new owner of a team of fighting slaves, one of the many factions who compete for the adoration of the common people in the ancient storied arenas of the Crownlands.
Your task will be to oversee the training of your fighters and build your estate into an effective school of combat, all while trying to enhance your personal reputation and standing among the nobles of the realm. This is an expensive business, and the king demands his taxes - so you must make sure to manage your treasury with care and attention.
Glory awaits those with a bold heart and a steadfast mind, as well as a place for their faction among the legends of the arena ...
- Inherit a dilapidated estate and a couple of fledgling fighters, and then over time develop it into a prestigious academy for your team of fighting slaves. Restore the ruined buildings and hire new staff to serve your every need, from doctors and trainers to cooks and scribes.
- Progress through twelve arenas and dozens of opponents to reach the royal arena in the city of Aldmoor, where your slaves will fight for the glory of the king and queen.
- Develop relationships with whichever fighters you choose to acquire from the slave ship, each of whom comes with a unique personality and a fully fleshed-out backstory.
- Train your fighters and purchase new and stronger equipment as your fortunes increase, progressing through shortswords and basic leather coverings to halberds and full plate armour.
- As your reputation grows you can also choose to become engaged with the turbulent politics of the realm, following a series of 'choice and consequence' based storylines and meeting many important characters along the way.
- And of course, you must have a life outside of the arena. Find a husband or wife to share in your glory. Build stables and start keeping a team of racing horses to bring more money into your household. Forge a legacy to last the ages.
38. In Celebration of Violence
In Celebration of Violence is a fantasy action roguelike of exploration and murder. The methodical combat requires that you plan your attacks, dodges, blocks, and parries while considering your opponents and the environment. Death is permanent but you can improve your stats and purchase items to aid future lives.
Large, procedurally generated and interconnected lands range from plains, to swamps, to cities, to dungeons. These lands offer multiple paths to reach the variety of final bosses. Dungeons are a dangerous but rewarding risk. In dungeons you will have to move slowly and be on the lookout for traps and secrets while searching for the exit.
Elements interact with each other and the environment. Fire reacts to the temperature, weather, and any flammable objects, especially people. Electricity will arc towards entities and is especially dangerous around water. The chances of rain or snow adjust organically to the area’s climate and can become both a hindrance and an advantage.
The shrines of multiple gods litter the land. Players can choose to pray to shrines they come across to receive a variety of favors, bonuses, and items. One must choose carefully though; every god has a different price and some become displeased when their rival is the subject of worship. Some gods may also become angered by actions the player takes while adventuring, such as destroying foliage or killing civilians.
Scores of weapons, items, spells, and mementos are scattered throughout the world to find. One may acquire a powerful enchanted ballista early into one life, only for the next to yield nothing more than a couple of wooden clubs.
Mementos represent objects remembered from past lives and change the rules of gameplay. You may discover a memento that summons spiders from enemy corpses, improves your stats while on fire, or reverses the effects of death.
There are multiple paths to victory. One could be nimble and stealthy, charge in waving a hammer, raise an army of undead, harness a variety of spells, manipulate enemies into traps or flames, amass resources to acquire the most powerful items, or simply play it safe with a sword and a shield. The various characters simply offer different starting points, every decision is your own.
No life is predetermined for success. The cheery graphics disguise a brutal and unyielding experience. Unforeseen obstacles will need to be dealt with in real time and even a regular enemy will be deadly if you’re not careful. To reach the end, players will need to demonstrate that they are able to consistently overcome these obstacles. Failure can halt or even reverse progress.
As you accumulate experience, discover schematics, and defeat bosses you can become permanently better prepared to tackle future challenges. The choices and advantages a player has at the beginning of a playthrough will dramatically increase as they play. New characters, items, and bonuses are unlocked in ways that are only hinted at during gameplay.
39. Border Officer
Welcome to Stavronzka
Usually everyone is unemployed here. But by chance you got a job. You'il work for the state.
Everyone in your family is sick or unemployed, only you can help them. You're an immigrant officer.
The state assigned you a car and a house.
The whole economy is in your hands.
You have to spend your salary in the most efficient way.
Sometimes you have to sacrifice some to survive.
You can join the secret organization if you want to interfere in the affairs of the state. You can only work for the welfare of the family if you want. If you trust your luck, you could be rich in luck games..
You have to decide who can enter and who can not enter Stavronzkaya. The state publishes new announcements according to their own interests and changes the rules accordingly. You should follow these announcements and question people according to the rules.
40. Qasir al-Wasat: International Edition
Qasir al-Wasat is a stealth action-adventure set in an enigmatic 12th Century Syrian palace. You play as an invisible creature, summoned from another world to complete an assassination mission. Although deadly, you are a fragile being and must navigate the trap-filled corridors without alerting guards and… whatever else might be locked in this fortress in-between worlds.
Step lightly and watch out how you choose to kill your victims, for loud noises and blood stains will surely give out your position to enemies. Remember you can be put down with a single stroke. While exploring the dark corridors, will you fulfill the mission given to you by the enigmatic sorcerer, or will you investigate the mysteries of the palace, at you own risk? Players can search for hidden messages, eavesdrop the fortress’ guards conversations and look for secret passages since not everything is as it seems and there are ancient treasures waiting to be found.
Qasir al-Wasat is built around the tension between action and investigation. The palace is riddled with puzzles, a rich story, nasty traps and an ancient treasure that might be simply too magnificent to ignore. Explore it while embodying a lonesome creature from the underworld, and discover Its peculiar view of humanity. Qasir’s visuals are a love letter to intricate medieval Persian Miniatures, rooted in a thorough historical research. Alongside, an unusual soundscape that is created procedurally with each gameplay.
The gates are open and the sorcerer is summoning you, delve into the obscure world of Qasir al-Wasat.
41. March of the Living
Along the way you'll meet allies, defeat foes and battle through the infected. Manage your resources and make the tough decisions necessary to ensure the survival of your group. In this march for salvation, your choices matter.GenreMarch of the Living is a survival roguelike-like inspired by FTL and popular zombie fiction.Features
- Manage a group of up to 6 survivors
- Define your journey through over 160 unique events
- A new procedurally generated game world on each play-through
- Real time combat with the possibility to pause at any time
- Over 80,000 words of quality writing
- Trade for the supplies you need
- Scavenge for goods in cities
- Four starting characters to unlock
- Adaptive music for an immersive experience
42. Math Speed Challenge
Challenge your equation solving speed in this fast paced math game. Each round consists of three math problems: addition, subtraction, multiplication. You must select the correct answer in the limited amount of time that would correctly answer the equation. You can track the number of right and wrong answers by count and by assigned letter grades that change as you progress. Select from multiple difficulty settings and restart at anytime to clear your progress and try to achieve 100%. With endless levels, randomized math equations, multiple difficulty settings, and an easy to use interface Math Speed Challenge will provide hours of challenges.
3 Problems Per Round
Addition, Subtraction, and Multiplication Equations
Multiple Difficulty Settings
Random Math Equations
43. Desert of Vice
Desert of Vice - a horror text adventure game.
Solve the mystery of an isolated town in the middle of a desert in this new Lovecraftian adventure game! Type the desired command and see the action come to life!
• A story rich adventure.
• Choice dependent multiple endings.
• Unique text based controls.
• Tailor made soundtrack by @cesque.
Inspired by the works of Franz Kafka and H.P. Lovecraft.
44. Clandestinity of Elsie
Clandestinity of Elsie is a Survival/Psychological-Horror game based in the post-WW2 New York State cities of Albany and Troy.
You play as Hayden Warrick, a mentally damaged alcoholic and war veteran. Haunted by his past, he must unravel the mystery of his wife Elsie's sudden disappearance. You must scavenge, kill, and survive long enough to find her. Mostly taking place in vast darkness, you must continue your objective of finding Hayden's wife Elsie while ensuring his own all-important survival.
- Intense combat against otherworldy monsters
- Uncomfortable atmosphere to keep players on their toes
- Psychological storyline with mind-bending qualities
- Various enemies representing Hayden's insecurities and fears
- Mysterious characters with unknown intentions
- Can play in 1920x1080 resolution
- Full gamepad controls including vibration
- Includes Achievements, Trading Cards and Steam Cloud
45. Killing Time at Lightspeed: Enhanced Edition
On a transport ship leaving earth, a passenger kills time by scrolling through the messages of their social media feed. As the ship leaves and moves further and further away from home, the delay between sending messages and their arrival lengthens. What feels like minutes on the ship is hours, days, weeks, even years back on Earth. Each refresh of the timeline is a tiny window into the past. What will you do in those precious few moments as the lives of everyone you know pass by?
A critically acclaimed work of interactive fiction, Killing Time at Lightspeed allows players to experience life aboard a spaceship hurtling through lightspeed. Just how much can you affect other people's lives with your fleeting interactions through social media? And will it be for the better?
46. Three Days
Not often attempted, with modern survival games, is the sense of seriousness to escape in a period of time. Three Days gives a new perspective on urgency by adding a 72 hour - three days - time limit allowing the player to get involved in gameplay with an incentive to escape. We have fine-tuned ThreeDays to suit most players without it being impossible,and for the more casual players we have created an endless mode which has no time limit allowing a less intense experience.Unique creation system-
Three Days has its own unique crafting system: simply take a movable resource and drag it onto another resource to see what you can create. No inventory, no fuss.Procedurally generated islands-
The game includes islands that are randomly generated every time you play allowing diverse gameplay every time it’s played. Not only this, but each island has its own original name and generation and all resources that are generated on the island will be placed elsewhere.Stats-system-
Three Days contains a dynamic ever changing stats system, where the player is in constant need of attention to survive which is achievable by looking after the players hunger hydration and temperature. The system is ever changing is and the player is always in a new procedurally generated island, meaning different amounts of resources and different weather effects to survive with.Auto-mine-
The automine mechanic was influenced by playing other games with different mechanics requiring the player to hit or hold a button to break and collect resources. Personally, I disliked this system and wondered how I could do it differently and came up with the automine feature. The player is simply brought over to the resource desired to break and it will automatically start to break.Upgrade/levelling system-
ThreeDays also allows you to collect experience from breaking primary resources such as trees and boulders, this allows level ups and PPs (Perk Points) which can be spent on 15 different upgrades for the character, such as killing and catching fish without a rod to slowing the timer down. The level system will also directly affect the player’s fate at the end of the game via 4 cutscenes.
Personally, I enjoy a game with a bit of context and I really wanted to bring this to ThreeDays. Its unique storyline was managed by allowing the player to play and learn, for instance throughout your time in game you will discover random notes around the shoreline, washed in by the tide, which explain the backstory and what really happened.
This is a fan made SCP game which has not been endorsed or made by anyone from the website. I have spoken with the foundation and have done everything legally under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ this means that I am allowed to release this game and will credit the SCP foundation website for its inspiration to my unique fan made story.
♂You're tired of life? Dreamed of going deep into a dizzying story?
You are delighted with Gachimuchi and do you like exploring deep dungeons?
Your pupils blur into kawaii at the sight of 2D girl♂?
Then this game is for you.St♂ryOn a cold winter night, a lonely guy was lucky to find the k♂y. The very same k♂y that opens the magic door. Door to the Kingdom of Deep♂ Dungeons♂In Kingdom of Deep Dungeons♂ you will get:* Heavy moral choice - implications of choosing
* 14 beautiful 2D w♂ifu
* 4 mini games
* Beautiful art
* Classical music -17 tracks
48. Aurora Dusk: Steam Age
Aurora Dusk looks like a lot of games but instead of being alone, you live in a community. You play a single villager and evolve in a dynamic world.
- Create and improve your character in a fantasy world. Your skills will evolve according to your actions. You can choose either to play an archer/a mage/etc. or play them at the same time.
- Develop your village through 6 ages from prehistoric age to industrial age. Build defenses and barracks. Order your armies and annihilate the enemy.
- Plant and collect many resources: wood, iron, wheat, wool, meat… Use your workshops like mill or market to transform your resources and manufacture your equipment.
– A simulation game: In Aurora, you control a character able to plant and harvest resources. Building workshops, you manufacture these resources and make your equipment. The game has over 20 resources : animal, vegetable and mineral. Plant trees, wheat fields, raise pets and prospecting iron, gold or sulfur ore.
– A sandbox game: Configure the game as you want. Playing a short game of 5 minutes or 5 hours. Play with few characters or play in huge with lot of characters. Choose the field, the resources, the number of allies, enemies…
– A role playing game: You can create and customize your character from 7 playable races. You have more than 70 skills. Throughout the game, you gain experience and increase your character level. Each skill have an experience gauge. You can both specialize in one profession or in all activities. There is no level limit and you can make and remake all game modes with the same character.
– A strategy game: Build barracks, defense turrets and recruit soldiers who obey your orders. There are gigantic golems too. You move through five ages from wooden club to firearms.
– A survival mode: In this game mode, you must fight off the assault of monsters. You will not be alone because many of artificial intelligences have the same capabilities as your character will help. Your character cannot build defenses networks alone. Protect your allies and collaborate to defeat hordes of invaders.
– A skirmish mode: In this game mode, you can play against other villages. This time, you’re an invader and you must destroy the opponents defenses. Crush your enemies with armies or with golems.
– A custom game: All game data in readable text files. Any image editor lets you create your own graphics and maps. It is possible to create mods and add content made by the players.
– 6 ages from prehistoric age to industrial age.
– 7 playable races.
– 270 items.
– 72 skills.
– 55 buildings.
– 24 resources to collect and transform.
– 20 missions with 6 difficulty levels.
– a skirmish mode to fight up to 8 villages.
– a custom survival mode to fight off unlimited waves of monsters.
– 43 maps.
49. Queen's Wish: The Conqueror
You are royalty of the mighty empire of Haven! Your mother the Queen rules, while you enjoyed a life of sheltered luxury. Then, one morning, you woke up to find yourself banished to a brutal war-torn land. Your job? Prove yourself by conquering it, or don’t bother to come home.
At last, you have been given wealth, magic, soldiers, power. The Queen thinks you will submit and join the family business. You might have other ideas ...
Queen's Wish: The Conquerer is a epic, indie fantasy role-playing adventure. Wander free through an enormous world, sink into a fascinating story full of surprises and interesting decisions, and use your cunning to outwit a multitude of dungeons and foes. In this open-ended adventure, you can build an Empire or free the oppressed. Serve the Queen or rebel. Fight or use diplomacy. Build fortresses, smith enchanted blades and armor, and deal with nagging relatives!Queen's Wish: The Conquerer features:
- Epic fantasy adventure with over 50 hours of gameplay.
- Open-ended story in a variety of mysterious lands, featuring many choices, paths and endings. Lots of replay value.
- Suspenseful tactical combat. Select from fifty different abilities. Build and rebuild your warriors to face rapidly changing foes.
- Explore (and conquer) an enormous outdoors and a huge variety of dungeons and enemy fortresses.
- Gain strength with a unique fortress system. Build and equip fortresses, making your warriors stronger in a wide variety of ways.
- Not just orcs and elves. Features the unforgettable races and characters that make Spiderweb Software adventures unique.
- Over 100 side quests and hundreds of magical artifacts to hunt for.
Enjoy a new adventure from Spiderweb Software, now celebrating 25 years of making fine indie fantasy role-playing goodness.
50. Selatria: Advent of the Dakk'rian Empire
What is Selatria?
Selatria is an independently produced role-playing game for Windows developed by Whim Independent Studios. It features a vast world to explore, an in-depth battle system, as well as an epic original soundtrack.
Selatria: Advent of the Dakk'rian Empire covers the first three chapters of the entire Selatria saga.
The game follows the story of main characters Mage and Melanie, whose home of Availia is threatened by an invading imperial army. These two soon find themselves on the run, recruiting friends in unlikely places to protect their home… and eventually the world.
Selatria weaves a story of magic and mystery, filled with smiles, tears, and the occasional one-liner. Made by gamers for gamers, Selatria has everything you love about classic 16-bit role-playing games, with beautiful visuals and a breathtaking soundtrack.
- 20+ Hours of Gameplay (Advent of the Dakk'rian Empire)
- Hundreds of lines of voiced dialogue
- Challenging Boss Battle Encounters
- Team Attack Battle System [TABS] which focuses on party member coordination to unleash devastating attack chains!
- Dungeon Challenges and Complicated Puzzles
- Exciting Mini Games
- Reserved Selatria – Instead of resting at an inn, party members accumulate Reserved Selatria as they explore. You can spend these Selatria as you explore the world, eliminating the need to rest for extended periods in towns!
- Team Attack Battle System [TABS] – A unique spin on traditional turn-based battles that allows compatible party members to chain extra attacks off of team members’ special abilities known as “Triggers”. Figure out and coordinate party member attack chains to attack multiple times in one round!