The best games like Outland are:
- arrow_rightRayman Legends
- arrow_rightOri and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
- arrow_rightDead Cells
- arrow_rightSteamWorld Dig
- arrow_rightOddworld: New 'n' Tasty
- arrow_rightThe Expendabros
- arrow_rightSteamWorld Dig 2
- arrow_rightTowerFall Ascension
100 Best Games Like Outland:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (53)
- PlayStation 4 (60)
- iOS (46)
- Android (25)
- macOS (100)
- Linux (73)
- Nintendo Switch (50)
- Nintendo 3DS (9)
- Nintendo DS (2)
- Xbox 360 (16)
- PlayStation 3 (25)
- PlayStation (6)
- PS Vita (19)
- PSP (5)
- Wii U (14)
- Wii (8)
- Game Boy Advance (3)
- Game Boy (2)
- SNES (5)
- NES (3)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Apple II (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (9)
- Atari 2600 (1)
- Atari 8-bit (1)
- Atari ST (4)
- Genesis (5)
- SEGA Saturn (3)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
- Jaguar (1)
- Game Gear (1)
- Web (1)
1. Rayman Legends
Rayman Legends is a fifth main title in the original series of platform games. The new Rayman chapter is a direct sequel to the 2011 game Rayman Origins. The game is set in an imaginary world inhabited by both friendly and hostile creatures. The main character Rayman, a shapeless magical being, accompanied by his closest friends is expected to protect the fictional world from evil. The story begins a century after the Origins events. Bubble Dreamers’ nightmares as well as the Magician (both are main antagonists) has grown up in their power, so only awakened after the 100-year sleep Rayman and his friends Globox and Teensies are able to stop the terrible villains. As the story takes place in various locations depending on the game stage, the environment, as well as difficulty, differs from time to time. The gameplay is about completing multiple platform levels, collecting lums and defeating enemies. In addition to Rayman, Globox and Teensies players can assume the roles of several new game characters. Rayman Legends also features a co-op game mode.
Categories in common with Rayman Legends: Platformer
2. Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
NEW IN THE DEFINITIVE EDITION
• Packed with new and additional content: New areas, new secrets, new abilities, more story sequences, multiple difficulty modes, full backtracking support and much more!
• Discover Naru’s past in two brand new environments.
• Master two powerful new abilities – Dash and Light Burst.
• Find new secret areas and explore Nibel faster by teleporting between Spirit Wells.
The forest of Nibel is dying. After a powerful storm sets a series of devastating events in motion, Ori must journey to find courage and confront a dark nemesis to save the forest of Nibel. “Ori and the Blind Forest” tells the tale of a young orphan destined for heroics, through a visually stunning Action-Platformer crafted by Moon Studios. Featuring hand-painted artwork, meticulously animated character performance, a fully orchestrated score and dozens of new features in the Definitive Edition, “Ori and the Blind Forest” explores a deeply emotional story about love and sacrifice, and the hope that exists in us all.
3. Dead Cells
Dead Cells is a roguelike adventure title developed by Motion Twin.
Not much story is present in the game, as only bits of any information are given out to the players. The game takes place at a remote island, where the players take place of the Prisoner. The Prisoner does not speak, yet he can express confusion and frustration using his body language. The Prisoner is basically immortal, as, in case of death, his head disconnects itself from the Prisoner's body, and gets back to the game's starting area.
The game's heavily inspired by The Binding of Isaac, as stated by the developers.
Dead Cells features the procedurally generated environments that are typical for roguelike games, yet it puts a strong emphasis on exploration that is typically found in metroidvanias.
The players set out to explore the island where a prison was built. As the players come down into the dungeons of the island, they find various loot, fight dangerous creatures, collect armor, abilities, and power-ups. Upon death, the players lose all the loot they had on them. It is possible to find a shopkeep somewhere in the dungeons to purchase new equipment or have some rest.
The game uses death as a learning experience, as it randomizes the placement of enemies, so the players can't take multiple attempts to complete a level. The developers want the player to examine the enemy behavior and learn how to combat the enemies themselves.
4. SteamWorld Dig
SteamWorld Dig is an independent platforming action game developed by Image & Form. It is the second installment in the series.
You play as a steam-powered robot named Rusty. He moves to a town of Tubleton after inheriting his uncle's mine. He starts to mine and explore the underground world unraveling the remains of human civilization on his way.
The main objective is to investigate the mines. At the beginning of the game the player is only equipped with a pickaxe, but more and more mining equipment is unlocked as the game progresses. The equipment is also upgradable as the game goes on. The mines are procedurally generated on every playthrough and useful items appear in different places. Collected ores and resources can be sold in a shop outside the mine. There are several underground worlds to explore which feature various enemies.
If the player gets lost in the mine they can either use the ladders that are sold in the store or use the self-destruct button. All collected loot is lost on death but can be picked up again.
5. Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty is a platformer developed by Just Add Water. It is a complete remake of the first installment in the series, Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey.
The game tells a story of a prisoner of the biggest meat-processing plant on Oddworld. The Protagonist is a Mudokon named Abe who is a floor-waxer and an Employee of the Year. With the ingredients for the company's main products running out, the owner of the plant decides to launch a new treat named "Mudokon Pops!". Overhearing that, Abe decides to escape and free all Mudokon slaves he can find.
New 'n' Tasty is a 2.5D scrolling platformer with the main focus on puzzle solving. The player can talk and direct other Mudokons. The objective is to find and rescue 299 Mudokon slaves by getting them out of the plant through portals. Some Mudokons are hidden in secret areas.
New 'n' Tasty features good and bad endings. The outcome depends on the number of saved slaves. Saving over 150 Mudokons results in a good ending, which is considered canon.
6. The Expendabros
The Expendabros is a crossover game based on Broforce gameplay and featuring characters from The Expendables 3 movie. In the basis of both games lays the roast of the 90s movie cliches about unstoppable warriors, such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and the others. The Expendabros features parody characters from The Expendables 3, including Broney Ross, Bronnar Jensen, and the others.
The gameplay in The Expendabros provides a crazy mix of a platformer, a shooter and a quest with strong beat ‘em up elements. The action doesn’t stop as everything around you explodes, burns and crashes while you kill bad guys. Each of the seven playable characters has their unique weapons and special attacks.
The story itself consists of 10 missions with the goal to capture an arms dealer named Conrad Stonebanks. The game is set in Eastern Europe forests, so you're to fight among lumber mills and harsh landscapes.
7. SteamWorld Dig 2
In SteamWorld Dig 2, you step into the boots of Dorothy, a steambot once robbed of her dear friend – now driven by the hunger for answers.
Buckle up, grab your gear, and get ready to dig into the highly anticipated sequel to the original SteamWorld Dig!
SteamWorld Dig 2 takes you on a platform mining adventure forged in Metroidvania flames. When an old trading town is struck by mysterious earthquakes, it’s up to a lone steambot and her unlikely companion to uncover what trembling terrors lie beneath.
- Dig your way underground and explore vivid worlds riddled with treasure, secrets and traps.
- Combat dangerous enemies at every turn of the underworld’s twisted paths, including shadowy creatures and the haunted remains of an ancient electrical threat.
- Upgrade your gear to forge deeper into the earth and take on bigger challenges.
- Swing across large chasms with your Hookshot and fly through caves with the Jet Engine!
- And finally, learn the truth about your long lost friend…
8. TowerFall Ascension
TowerFall is an indie action-game with focus on local multiplayer. It was initially developed as an exclusive for OUYA microconsole and was later ported on other systems as TowerFall Ascension. The gameplay represents an arcade-style fighting arena where four people combat each other to score points in a series of rounds. There are for several characters to choose from in the game. Every one of them has two main ways of killing opponents: bow and stomping. Every player starts with only 3 arrows which, after being shot, can be picked from the spot where they fell. The player can also jump on each other in retro-platformer style. The arenas exit is connected with exits on the opposite side of the map, so if the player falls down the pit, he immediately appears from the top of the arena. There also several powerups that can be found in treasure chest scattered across the map.
The Ascension version of the game also features single-player mode in which player has to kill waves of enemies on the arena. It has no story whatsoever and is more like a series of challenges with different monsters, powerups and unique peculiarities on locations.
9. SteamWorld Heist
Steamworld Heist is a pirate-themed turn-based strategy with shooter and platformer elements. You take on the role of a pirate captain, Piper, as she recruits robots and leads them through space to capture enemy ships. The game has a side-scrolling perspective, and most levels are procedurally generated.
The main resource in the game’s universe is water, and all power try to get it. But unexpectedly one more side appears in this conflict: aggressive steambots that attack people. Only Piper can find out what’s happening and save the world.
To fulfill your mission, you need to form a team of robots to fight by your side. There’s a huge variety of potential crew members that can be found in different parts of the galaxy. To recruit them you spend water or reputation points you get completing missions. Every soldier has unique abilities and specialization that upgrade through the game. Battles are made in a classical turn-based manner with a realistic physics model that features ricochets, laser sights and bomb throwing.
10. Beat Hazard
Beat Hazard is a game in which everything is synchronized to your favorite music. Gameplay-wise, it’s a regular 2D shoot ’em up in space, not unlike Asteroids or Project Starfighter. The player controls a small starship that fires at everything on the screen, from asteroids to enemy spacecraft, in order to survive. When hit by an obstacle or by enemy fire, the ship explodes. The goal is to survive as long as possible and score more points to unlock bonuses and receive ranks.
What makes gameplay in Beat Hazard innovative is that every level is based on a song from the player’s music collection. The song defines the speed and rhythm of the game. A similar approach was previously used in Audiosurf, but never before in a shoot ’em up. Enemy attacks, your ship’s fire, and power-ups are synchronized to the song and can be predicted if you remember the tune well. The difficulty is also dependent on music. A power ballad or an ambient piece will do for a slow, meditative play, while a trance or heavy metal composition will turn the game into madness. The game’s visuals are very bright and feature many rapid flashes, which makes Beat Hazard not recommended for people with epilepsy.
11. Anomaly: Warzone Earth
Anomaly: Warzone Earth is a real-time strategy based on tower defense genre principles. However, instead of protecting your base from waves of enemies, in this game, you try to break into aliens' facilities.
The story is set in the near future when an alien spacecraft falls on Earth. As the head of an investigation team, you need to explore the anomalies happening around the parts of the ship and find out the information about the catastrophe. As the section of the spacecraft landed in several cities, game events take place around the world.
The core gameplay is reversed tower defense mechanics. You have several armor units in the convoy; however, you can't manage them directly. Instead, you need to set paths for them through the city streets and use different boosts to make your attack more effective and help the convoy survive.
Anomaly: Warzone Earth is followed by Anomaly 2 that presents several new maps and mechanics including tower defense vs. tower offense multiplayer mode.
Blasphemous is an action-platformer that combines the fast-paced, skilled combat of a hack-n-slash game with a deep and evocative narrative core, delivered through exploration of a huge universe comprised of non-linear levels.
Immerse yourself in a dark fantasy nightmare that has been constructed PIXEL BY PIXEL by our committed artists.
- Explore a huge land, a universe that feels as open as it is oppressive, delivered through a non-sequential level design that puts you in control of where to go next.
- We are putting great focus on achieving a very satisfying combat mechanics with very responsive control, smooth animations and lots of blood and gore.
- Handmade pixel art, with large sprites and super smooth animations, created pixel by pixel, frame by frame.
- Evocative narrative: Blasphemous’ levels are not just platforms; they tell a story to those who are interested, but don't get in the way if you just want the action.
- Find your personal combat style by equipping rosary beads, or carrying around relics that boost your abilities.
Set in the savage land of Orthodoxia, a place where religion is of the utmost importance in the eyes of the populace, superstition runs amok, and churches outnumber people two to one. You will find yourself in this hellish territory in the wake of the Age of Corruption.
13. Craft The World
Craft The World is a unique sandbox strategy game, the mix of Dungeon Keeper, Terraria and Dwarf Fortress.
Explore a random generated world populated by dangerous creatures, build a dwarf fortress, gather resources, and craft all the items, weapons, and armor you need.
You control a tribe of dwarves by giving them commands to dig in certain places, attack enemy creatures, and build houses and other structures. You'll need to provide your dwarves food and clothing, as well as help them with magic when fighting against other inhabitants of the world. You start the game with one dwarf and gain additional dwarves as your experience level increases.
Each game level has many layers of earth to explore, from the sky down to boiling subterranean lava. The level is randomly generated as an island, restricted by natural boundaries: oceans on the edges, lava beneath it, and the sky above. Other features include day and night and changing weather conditions. The worlds differ in size, humidity, temperature, terrain, and flora and fauna. Abandoned halls and rooms with treasure are hidden somewhere deep within the islands.
One feature of the game is a user-friendly system of recipes for crafting. The recipes are organized and easily accessible. You can craft dozens of different items: building blocks for houses, furniture, decorations, weapons, armor, ammunition, and food for your dwarves.
At the outset you find the recipes for basic tools and items, and build a small house with places to sleep and eat. Then, the size of the tribe increases and catches the attention of other inhabitants of the world. Most of them are night creatures and dwell underground. The worlds are full of fantasy creatures like zombies, skeletons, goblins, beholders, ghosts, giant spiders, and others. Some of them pay little attention to the dwarves, as long as the dwarves do not come into their field of vision. Others gather into quite large groups and try to break into the dwarves’ residence.
Especially dangerous are the waves of monsters that appear from time to time from portals. So, do not neglect to build a safe haven with strong walls and numerous trapdoors, cells, firing towers, and secret passageways.
As a divine being, you possess various spells. You can speed up the movement of the dwarves, open small portals, illuminate dark caves to scare away monsters, evoke natural magic in the form of rain or tree growth, hurl fireballs at the monsters’ heads, and find useful resources and hidden rooms underground, thereby helping to speed up resource extraction, exploration of the world, and the population growth of your assistants.
14. Geometry Dash
Jump and fly your way through danger in this rhythm-based action platformer!
Prepare for a near impossible challenge in the world of Geometry Dash. Push your skills to the limit as you jump, fly and flip your way through dangerous passages and spiky obstacles.Game Features
- Rhythm-based Action Platforming!
- Lots of levels with unique soundtracks!
- Build and share your own levels using the level editor!
- Thousands of high quality user generated levels!
- Unlock new icons and colors to customize your character!
- Fly rockets, flip gravity and much more!
- Use practice mode to sharpen your skills!
- Lots of achievements and rewards!
- Challenge yourself with the near impossible!
- Steam users get two exclusive unlockable icons!
Chariot is a couch co-op platformer that can be played alone or with a friend. Players take the role of the brave Princess or her faithful Fiancé as they maneuver the departed king's coffin-on-wheels through 25 levels set in 5 vibrant underground environments, with his majesty's ghost giving them a piece of his mind every step of the way. Filled to the brim with emergent physics-based gameplay, Chariot offers hours of exciting exploration, fast-paced ride sequences and mountains upon mountains of loot! Notice: We highly recommend playing Chariot with a controller.
16. Rampage Knights
Rampage Knights is a cooperative beat 'em up game mixed up with randomized dungeon crawling and exploration which you can play alone or with a friend online.
You play as a hero trapped by a spell in a magical forest. All paths lead you to a nearby ruined castle, infested with goblins, skeletons and other foul creatures. Gear up with awesome and ridiculous weapons and spells and descend into the deep labyrinth below the ruin to face its sinister master!
Try to get as far as possible in a dungeon with randomized items, spells, traps and encounters. Your hero is upgraded along the way (both visually and gameplay-wise) as you find better weapons, items, magic powers and fight harder and harder monsters.
The main features:
- Frenetic action inspired by Golden Axe and Binding of Isaac
- Singleplayer campaign or co-op for two players (online and local)
- Randomly generated environments with rogue-like elements
- Hero visually evolving with new abilities
- Dozens of spells and weapons with game changing properties
- Long term progress with new classes and features to unlock
- Full controller support
- Mighty foot included!
So what do you say? Are you ready to start the rampage?
17. 99 Levels To Hell
99 Levels to Hell is a platform shooter with lots of guns, upgrades, magic, traps and monsters to kill.
99 Levels to Hell is a rogue-like, which means surviving is key and every time you play you get a new set of levels to play.
When you complete 10 levels, the 10th being a boss-fight you unlock a door to the next dungeon.
Hidden in the darkness of the dungeons are shops, casinos and elevators. And if you search the dungeons carefully, you might find secret rooms that unlock more of the story, and free new adventurers, you can play as in your next game.
But best of all you get to kill the devil to a killer metal soundtrack!
- 10 different dungeons.
- 10 bossfights.
- 100 levels that spawn at random.
- 25+ monsters.
- 50+ powers ups and weapons.
- Shops, portals, casinos and elevators.
- Unlock the story of two brothers
- And blood, a lot of blood.
Crashed and alone on a world mankind tried to leave behind, Darkout challenges players to survive on Illuna, in harsh, procedurally generated biomes, utilizing the game’s sandbox features to build shelters, craft weapons, and research new technologies.
You are not alone. Light-sensitive creatures prowling the landscapes become most active at night and in a world shrouded by clouds the security of day will never come, instead, twilight periods allow players minor security to explore, rebuild, and gather resources.
Darkout’s deep history manifests itself through logs left behind by others, some recent, while others hearken back to long-extinct natives of Illuna, offering glimpses into what events led up to the pandemonium that now persists.
How will you survive?Current Features
- Explore expansive randomly generated worlds
- Sandbox Play
- Fight Shadow enemies sensitive to Light.
- Strategic Research & Crafting System
- Mining, gathering & looting.
- Tons of resources, materials and devices you can use to...
- Create various kinds of weapons, armor, tech, furniture, etc.
- A story for those who like to do more than just explore, craft and build.
19. Get Even
Black - an ice-cold mercenary and hired gun - awakes in a mysterious old asylum with no memory of his past.
Under the guidance of his anonymous captor, ‘Red’, Black embarks on a form of treatment, facilitated by a unique technology - a headset that allows the user to relive their memories and experience them again in the present.
And so Black tries to remember.
With the help of the ‘Pandora’ headset, he travels into the depths of his own mind to explore the truth behind the only thing he can remember: the rescue attempt of a teenage girl with a bomb strapped to her chest.
Ever wondered what a cross between Tetris and Lemmings would look like? Well, wonder no more, 'cause... MouseCraft is here!
MouseCraft is an A to B puzzle game where players help Schrödinger, the crazy cat scientist, in completing his mysterious, mice-powered invention. Pile up Tetromino bricks to create a safe path for as many mice as possible, gather collectibles, fight enemies, use different types of blocks, blow up things and avoid environmental hazards in 80 handcrafted levels!
Key Game Features:
- Experience a remix of two classic gameplay mechanics: Pile up Tetromino bricks to create a safe path for as many mice as possible.
- Discover an epic tale of a crazy cat scientist who is striving to unlock the potential of a mysterious, mice-powered machine.
- Defeat obstacles, overcome gaps and gather collectibles by using different types of blocks, be them explosive, crumbling or even jelly ones.
- Prove your stacking skills in your own style- freeze the game by using the Active Pause feature or increase the speed any time you want.
- Get involved by creating your own maps and show off your creativity by sharing them with our community.
- Chill out while listening to our funky soundtrack scored by Mikolai Stroinski, the composer for Dark Souls 2, The Witcher 3 and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
- 80 hand-crafted levels (about 6-10 hours of gameplay).
- 7 different types of Tetromino Bricks, 2 types of Enviromental Hazards, Bombs, Enemies...
- 4 different locations.
- Level Editor which allows you to create your own maps.
- Full Steam integration, including: Cloud Saves, Achievements, Leaderboards and Trading Cards.
21. Slain: Back from Hell
Slain: Back from Hell
You control the fate of Bathoryn, a doomed hero in a Gothic world, who seeks to liberate six cursed realms from six deadly overlords.
He must battle his way through this blighted land, packed with gruesome pixel art foes before ascending (or sometimes descending) into a stronghold, all the while defeating fiendish traps and vile monsters alike.
At the heart of every domain Bathoryn will confront a mighty foe - defeat it and his quest continues to its ultimate destiny. Fail, and you’ll die gruesomely – mauled by werewolves, disintegrated by floating monstrosities, squashed by great weights or torn apart by hidden blades. And you will fail…
There are 3 key areas to be mastered in order to vanquish Slain: Back from Hell.
- Learn to wield 3 deadly elemental weapons, each one exploiting weaknesses in different enemy types. Each has a different combo, timing and use. Mastering quick switching between weapons is the path to victory!
- Glean the placement and timings of enemies and booby traps.
- Generate, conserve and unleash your Mana wisely.
Accompanied by the heavy metal visuals is an even heavier metal soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant (formally of Celtic Frost).
- Challenging ‘elemental’- based melee and magical combat
- 6 hours of bone-crushing, metal-fueled mayhem & gore
- Choose from 3 unique weapons in your fight against the demon hordes.
- Full soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant formally of Celtic Frost. \m/
- Cunningly concealed secrets (shhh).
- Boss fights, mini-boss fights, sub-mini- boss fights & macro-sub- mini-boss fights.
- No laborious levelling, no tedious grinding, no wimpy crafting!
22. The Mooseman
Welcome to the mysterious world of ancient myth, based on finno-ugric culture of bygone pagan times.
Long-long time ago the world was created out of an egg-shell by a god named Yen. In the murky depths of the endless ocean the Lower World was born. The Middle World was made for the men to dwell, and the Upper World was were the ancient gods would reside. Multitudes of spirits dwell among the layers of creation, guarding their secrets in the dark. Embark on a journey through all the worlds of ancient myth, find artefacts of Chud' tribes and solve all the mysteries of finno-ugric tales.
You are the Mooseman and you have the ability to see all that is hidden to the mortal eye. You are about to visit three layers of this universe - the first one is the Lower World where the spirits of the dead reside.
- Explore the worlds inspired by Perm animal style
- Dive into the deep atmosphere of folk Komi music
- Meet long forgotten gods and spirits
- Learn the ancient myths of finno-ugric tribes
- Don't expect an easy journey, there are riddles in the dark
- Unlock new abilities and use them to get to the Upper World
- Find all the artefacts that are hidden from the mortal eye
23. Squishy the Suicidal Pig
The game is a puzzle platformer. Piglet Squishy in a complicated way goes to the Devil himself - Squishy hopes that as a result he will be able to get into the paradise for animals and reunite with his dead parents.
In the game, you can go through the campaigns (story mode), you can improve yourself, passing the game at speed (speedrun mode) and, finally, the game has a number of additional modes.
The game requires a variety of activities - collecting apples, blasting TNT boxes, searching for secret artifacts, solving puzzles, fighting with bosses. There are levels where it is required to solve tasks so unobvious that it seems that the game can not be passed.
Locations are four, and in each location there are ten levels. More precisely, eleven - after the tenth location of each level you will meet with the boss.
Bull. In addition to the Bull, boxes with explosives are still falling here. On the other hand, the boxes fall on the Bull too, which can be the key to victory.
Coyote. Coyote - not the only trouble at its level. Exploding boxes are present here, but in the company of traps and other troubles. The strategy here is about the same - apply all these troubles against the boss.
Snowman. It acts on the player by the wind and snowballs. A player can throw fireballs at Snowman.
Devil. The devil is not easy to win. The battle stretches for five episodes. First you need to catch the Devil, dodging meteorite rain - it happens in space. Then we fight with him. In the third, fourth and fifth episodes we fight the Devil in his house - in hell.
24. Savant - Ascent
Savant - Ascent is an action game. This is a result of the collaboration with the artist, called Alexander Vinter. He is also known as Savant.
The gameplay is quite simple in the beginning. The player should shoot, dodge and jump on two spots.
However, while progressing it is becoming more complicated. When you start playing, you have a limited set of skills, but you can pick CDs from enemies to unlock bonuses or to acquire ultimate power. Every new ability, you unlock, forces you to get used to a new tool, so it makes the game process more tricky and challengeable. The player has to collect six CDs to unlock all achievements and get to the final fight. There are a few modes. In the Story mode, you need to finish five levels. After accomplishing it, the player can try the Time attack mode, where you aim to kill foes for a limited time. Alternatively, try the Endless mode. There you have to fight with never-ending units of foes. Every new wave is stronger than the previous one. However, there is an indicator, showing you the location of the new enemies.
Savant has composed each song, and it fits in with the environment of the game. There are seven unlockable soundtracks.
Moreover, in the boss fight, it can seem that you fight to the music beat. As for the graphic, it is simple. There are nice 16-bit images, so the design feels a little bit retro.
25. Sonic Lost World
In his latest plot to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, when the Deadly Six rise up against their new master, Sonic must unite with his arch nemesis Eggman and explore the mystical Lost Hex in order to take them on head-to-head. Use Sonic’s amazing new moves & incredible Colour Powers to speed across a variety of unique terrains, racing inside, outside & upside down in every level.NEW MOVES
Sonic moves like never before. Vault over obstacles, free run up & along walls & sky dive between islands at lightning speed. Plus the Spin Dash is back!COLOUR POWERS
New & improved Colour Powers. Sonic can now fly through the air, tear up levels & explode into enemies. He’s more powerful than ever!NEW WORLD
Speed through a variety of exhilarating levels. Explore massive mind-bending courses, vast underground tunnels & colossal structures in the sky as you run inside, outside & upside down.BOSS BATTLES
Save the world one fight at a time. Take on each of the devious Deadly Six in dynamic boss battles which test all of Sonic’s moves & power-ups.NiGHTMARE ZONE DLC Included
Includes NiGHTMARE Zone DLC free - featuring monsters inspired by the hit game 'NiGHTS into Dreams'PLUS – Now with new and improved PC Features:
60 FPS gameplay
HD resolution support
Full PC Gamepad + Keyboard support
Full Steam functionality
26. Tales of Maj'Eyal
Tales of Maj’Eyal is a roguelike RPG, featuring tactical turn-based combat and advanced character building. Play as one of many unique races and classes in the lore-filled world of Eyal, exploring random dungeons, facing challenging battles, and developing characters with your own tailored mix of abilities and powers.
With a modern graphical and customisable interface, intuitive mouse control, streamlined mechanics and deep, challenging combat, online stats and character sheets, Tales of Maj’Eyal offers engaging roguelike gameplay for the 21st century.
- Focus on randomly generated tactical battles
- Rich set of very unique classes
- Unlocks & achievements progression
- Rich world with its own history which slowly reveal during the game
- No consumables, no grinding
- Turn based: think before you act!
- Simple, easy to use interface
- Easy modding support with Workshop integration
Buyers will get all the extra features that normal donators get. You can test for free on te4.org
Caveblazers is an action focused platformer roguelike set in a fantasy world. Each game is unique with procedurally generated levels to explore and a massive amount of items, weapons and equipment to discover.
The game takes place in a recently discovered cave, said to hold "unimaginable power". You play as an adventurer setting out to explore the cave and find out what riches it holds. However, you are not the only one...
As you delve deeper in to the cave, you'll discover new areas to explore, new weapons and new monsters to try them out on.Smart Characters!Throughout your journey you will encounter AI characters. Some friendly, some hostile. We're using an advanced pathfinding system which means friendly characters will be able to follow you wherever you go, and hostile characters will be able to track you down wherever you hide. There is no escape. Be afraid!Platformer Roguelike! Caveblazers is a modern platformer which incorporates some Roguelike and RPG elements such as permanent death, randomized potion identities, an RPG-style inventory system and tons of items, equipment and upgrades!Daily Challenge Runs!Each day a new adventure will be generated! It will be the same for everyone and you'll only get one chance at it! These challenge runs give you a starting loadout, and feature a set of different traits.Epic Boss Battles!Between each area you'll encounter a boss. Each boss is very unique, requiring a different strategy to defeat. Bosses are generally gigantic monstrosities with life bars stretching across the entire screen. Good luck!Character Customization!A whole load of unlockable hats, tunics, trousers, robes, and more! Or perhaps you fancy stripping off and heading in to the caves in the nude? Go for it!Compelling Combat!Largely overlooked in other modern Roguelike games, Caveblazers attempts to move away from the simplistic combat systems we've seen in other games in the genre, and incorporates fun, fluid and fast-paced combat which is accentuated by the game's brutal and persistent blood effects.Challenges!In case that isn't enough content, Caveblazers features a bunch of challenges for the well seasoned players to take a punt at. These challenges reward players with new items, weapons & perks!
28. Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures
"The most rewarding game of 2013!"
Influenced by retro classics Mega Man and Castlevania, Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures features the AVGN and friends as they blast their way through 10 levels of fun, fast paced 2D action based on the AVGN's adventures in his online series. With multiple playable characters, power ups, cameos galore, tons of secrets and more we're making a game that all fans of video games will enjoy. If you're a fan of old school difficulty, fart jokes, The Nerd and/or old school platformers chances are you'll enjoy AVGN Adventures.
Some say "hard" we're saying "rewarding!" Why? Because every check point you get, every boss you beat, every accomplishment is earned. You feel like like a stud. This is a game that allows you to brag to your friends if you beat it.
Yes, this is the official The Angry Video Game Nerd game!
Visit Cinemassacre.com to see the series the game was based on!
We're 100% cool with you posting gameplay videos, Let's Plays, reviews, etc of AVGN Adventures and monetizing them as much as you possibly can. Have fun! All we ask is that when you do them, let us know because we want to watch you play the game That's fun for us!
29. POSTAL Redux
The classic dark and surreal twin-stick isometric shooter returns with a vengeance!
POSTAL Redux is a high definition remake of The Postal Dude's infamous first foray into the world. Prepare to experience his psychological journey with faithfully recreated high resolution visuals, remastered music, sounds, and dialog, and revamped and modernized gameplay. Crazed gunmen out for your blood await you around every corner. The only choice is clear: Get them before they get you. Fight back with a devastating arsenal as you make your way through a violence-stricken town.
It's time to relive the madness of GOING POSTAL!
- Online Co-op: Go POSTAL together with up to four players! Join up with your friends to wreak carnage together.
- Online Deathmatch: Engage in free-for-all frenzies with up to eight players!
- Brand new Rampage mode: Take aim for the high score in this frantic mode that awards points for sustained kill streaks, creative methods of destruction, and blistering fast action!
- Battle through 17 levels in the classic Campaign: Beginning from your humble Home, traverse through The Mine and Trailer Park, witness the mean streets of The Ghetto and the bright lights of The City, all the way to the final standoff at the Air Force Base, including a stop at the all-new Carnival.
- Includes the original add-ons: Blast through Special Delivery's EZ Mart, Shanty Town, Earthquake, and the luxurious La Palamino Resort, and then head to Japan in Super POSTAL's Tokyo and Osaka! Play through everything together in the massive combined 23-level Excess Postage campaign!
- A wide range of foes: Defend yourself against gun crazy Vigilantes, trigger-happy Police Officers, trained and efficient SWAT and Military squads, the quintessential Marching Band, and angry Ostriches!
- 10 weapons of destruction: Lay waste with the mighty Shotgun and Spray Cannon, roast attackers with Molotovs and the Flamethrower, fill the streets with fire with the Napalm Launcher, clear out entire groups with Grenades and the Rocket Launcher (Heatseekers included!), lay traps for unsuspecting pursuers with varied types of Mines, and introducing the commanding Revolver!
30. Bloons TD 5
Five-star tower defense with unrivaled depth and replayability.
The Bloons are back in full HD glory and this time they mean business! Build awesome towers, choose your favorite upgrades, hire cool new Special Agents, and pop every last invading Bloon in the best ever version of the most popular tower defense series in history.
Featuring an all New Tower and Special Agent, glorious HD graphics, original Tracks and Special Missions, a whole new tier of Specialty Building upgrades, and a never-before-seen Monkey Lab to upgrade your towers, Bloons TD 5 delivers hours of fun and challenging play to fans and new players alike.
“Nations need to brace themselves for a complete loss of productivity”
- Jayisgames, 4.7/5.0
More Awesomer New Features:
- Cool new towers – Heli Pilot, Bloonchipper, Engineer
- Exclusive new Special Agent – Radadactyl
- All new Monkey Lab – researches unique abilities and tower upgrades
- Specialty Building Tier 4 Upgrades
- Exclusive tracks
Hours and Hours of Awesome Gameplay:
- 21 powerful towers with Activated Abilities and 2 upgrade paths
- 10 Special Agents
- 40+ Tracks (plus their Reverse versions!)
- 10 Special Missions
- 250+ Random Missions
- New Bloon enemies - tougher Camos, Regrower Bloons, and the fearsome ZOMG
- 50+ Steam Achievements
- Steam Cloud Support
- 3 different game modes
- Freeplay mode after mastering a track
- 3 difficulty settings and family-friendly theme so anyone can play
And that's just the beginning - heaps of planned updates will keep Bloons TD 5 HD fresh, fun, and challenging for many months to come. Now it's time to pop some Bloons!
Remember to save to the Steam Cloud after each victory to save your progress.
31. Retro Game Crunch
Retro Game Crunch is a series of 7 games, full of the charm and challenge of the 8-bit generation. Each world feels like an authentic NES classic. This genre-spanning collection includes...
- Super Clew Land – Eat, evolve, and explore in this happy-go-lucky exploration-based platformer.
- End of Line – A game about learning how to die. Figure out how to thwart autonomous repair bots in this puzzle adventure.
- GAIAttack – Gaia has summoned four champions to rise up and destroy the pillaging Sky Pirates. A beat 'em up platformer for up to four players.
- Paradox Lost – Abby crashes her plane, but stumbles upon a gun that shoots time travel! A metroidvania across three time periods.
- Wub-Wub Wescue – A pug must brave the jungle and navigate its treacherous rhythms, all to rescue his master. An early 80’s arcade platformer.
- Brains & Hearts – A two player card game that takes place inside Albert Einstein's dream. Play against the CPU or a friend.
- Shūten – A samurai shoot 'em up for one or two players. Owari’s village is trampled as ancient gods awaken. He takes up sword to end them.
32. Dark Devotion
A strong RPG influence
You will have the chance to loot a lot of different weapons, armours and relics, which have their own qualities so that you have the chance to create your own build… for better and for worse…
Each weapon has its own specificities and statistics which you will also be able to custom with mystical runes. Roughly speaking : you have the choice to adapt your arsenal depending the enemy you’re facing and/or your preferences. Choose wisely.
Pray for your safety
Kill enemies to collect some Faith. Indeed, Faith is necessary to many things such as : unlocking secret paths, special chests, and more… So use it sparingly.
The general amount of Faith you gather during a run is saved, and will be usable in the Filthblood Shelter (the HUB) to upgrade your unlucky character.
Items for your salvation
Of course you will be able to heal your wounds or illnesses by consuming the right item. If you have the chance to loot the right one! A lot of other consumables are scattered in the Temple, spend them carefully to survive.
The Temple can be a place of virtue for those who deserve it
If your prowesses are witnessed your God might want to give a hand, who knows? But it can also be a place of despair and sickness if you're not paying attention to what’s surrounding you so be vigilant and cautious, the Temple will not think twice about crushing you.
You can't go back, every door automatically closes behind you
Each world has 3 or 4 different paths. Each path has its own environment and atmosphere. Some of them are inter-connected. As you can guess, every game will bring you through differents paths.
Secrets are shrouding the Temple, you must uncover them. But... watch out getting lost is so easy... However that's how secrets are found, isn't it? Do not worry, the Temple has its way to show good intentions. Indeed, you can find some hidden altars in the shadow which can save your equipment and/or your location if you take time to pray at them.
Discover the complex story behind this Temple
Meet the lost ones who populate it, either directly or thanks to letters left behind by lost travelers. Some will even arrive at the shelter.
The Temple keeps its secrets as fiercly as a dragon would keep his gold... Discovering a text or a secret room will not be an easy thing ; however their discovery is crucial for the good understanding of the background as well as your progression through the game since they often contain usefull and powerfull items.
Little game about a small but brave and courageous creature who lost the most precious thing in life - his only eye.Walking on a sunny hills, our hero meets the most ruthless and evil enemies in the underworld - Doctor Worm. Villain has swallowed the eye and hides deep into his laboratory. And our hero falls into the pit. Dr. Worm has been stealing different body parts for a week from people of sunny hills to create a horrible monster with which Dr. Worm wants to capture the world. Your task is to get your eye back and do away with the villain forever!
1. Hardcore platformer with special graphics;
2. More than 15 levels in each of them you will find the deadly traps and mystical mysteries;
3. Move through the story and get additional effects and hats for the hero;
4. Epic music that will make you listen to it over and over again;
5. Secrets rooms with interesting details, characters and objects
34. Candle: The Power of the Flame
Candle is an adventure with challenging puzzles. Play as Teku, a young novice on a dangerous journey to rescue his tribe's shaman from the evil tribe of the Wakcha. But the way is littered with sinister traps and difficult obstacles. To master these challenges, you need to have keen eyes and a good sense for your environment, or your next step may be your last.
But Teku has a special gift: his left hand is a candle. Let it be a bright beacon to drive off your enemies or to shed light on dark places.
Gorgeous hand-painted watercolor visuals give Candle that special flair, as all backgrounds and characters have been carefully drawn and then scanned, picture after picture. The game consistently feels like a living painting.
35. Aegis Defenders
HUMANITY HAS BEEN BROUGHT BACK INTO THE DARK AGES, BUT REMNANTS OF A ONCE HIGHLY ADVANCED CIVILIZATION STILL EXIST.
In a world where control over ancient technologies means power, a ruthless Empire has arisen. You play as a team of Ruinhunters searching for the one thing that can save their village - a legendary weapon known as Aegis.
Explore, build, & defend in this 2D platformer that blends Metroidvania style combat with Tower Defense strategy.
- Discover the world of Elam, a beautiful yet dangerous place lost to time. Brimming with dangerous beasts, forgotten ruins, and powerful relics, Elam is brought to life with uniquely handpainted pixel art style.
- Level up your items and weapons in the shop to take in bigger and badder enemies.
- Adjust your strategy on the fly with the "Fusion Build" system. Try fusing different combinations of items together to change your defensive setup.
- Fight off enemies from all sides - but you won't have to do it alone. With Dynamic Character Swapping you'll need to switch between multiple characters on the battlefield, position your characters carefully, and utilize their passive abilities effectively to survive.
- Various Tower Defense Scenarios - Defending one point can be hard enough but that's just the beginning. As the game progresses, you'll need to defend moving targets, targets that have dynamic abilities like activating doors/weapons, and even targets that don't want to be protected...
- Play through the game in either single-player or split-screen coop.
- Build blocks, turrets, and traps to defend an area from hordes of enemies in our Tower-Defense inspired combat.
- Learn the secrets of the ancients and the origin of an empire in our extensive story mode.
Candleman is a distinctive action adventure story entwined with low-light gameplay. Acting as a little candle who can burn for only 10 seconds, venture through an unsettling darkness with challenging levels and a smooth difficulty curve. Struggle to overcome obstacles based on the mechanics of light and shadow, explore a wide range of enchanted environments, and unveil hidden treasure as you seek the distant light.
- Journey through dark, enchanting worlds with 10 seconds of light.
- Face innovative challenges rooted in the mechanics of light and shadow.
- Be immersed in a stunning fairytale that highlights everyday issues.
37. The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor
"Save the World from Magical Party Crashers"
Packing in a full-fledged story mode with a colorful cast of musically-empowered heroes and villains, The Metronomicon sees you take control a party of eight new masters of the “rhythmic combat arts” to wage musical warfare against a multitude of dance-mongering fiends. Control up to four concurrent heroes as they cast powerful spells, buff their teammates, and beat down their enemies with a variety of magical loot and groovin’ dance moves. The effectiveness of your team is all in the rhythm, so put on your dancing pants, light up dad’s disco ball, and prepare your body for The Metronomicon. Oh, and did I mention couch co-op? Because nothing's better than an armored dance partner.
"Power Up Your Dancing, Moves, and Gear"
Would you like a side of RPG to your rhythm game? Too bad, because you're getting TWO MAIN COURSES. Hunt for epic loot, unlock new stylin' dance spells, and recruit new heroes to join your party. Tank, heal, buff, and dish out the damage in real-time musical combat to conquer your foes.
"Check Out My Mixtape"
The Metronomicon features a fantastic, ear-blistering soundtrack featuring some of the hottest electronic, synthwave, chiptune and indie artists, including an exclusive track from Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, an unreleased track from Shiny Toy Guns, along with tracks from YACHT, Perturbator, J-Punch, Dj CUTMAN, and many, many more. We're also always adding new music, so the party never ends!
"Play Until Your Ears Turn Pointy"
Game modes you ask? We got: Story, Arena, Freeplay and Daily Challenges. But wait, there's more... But, you've gotta discover those yourself. "The Metronomicon features a fantastic, fully-licensed soundtrack featuring some of the hottest electronic, synthwave, chiptune and indie artists, including an exclusive track from Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, an unreleased track from Shiny Toy Guns, along with tracks from YACHT, Perturbator, J-Punch, Dj CUTMAN, and many, many more. As much a soundscape as it is a soundtrack, the music behind The Metronomicon is set to be every bit as varied and exciting as the gameplay itself.
38. Beat Hazard 2
Gameplay Powered by YOUR Music!
Experience your music collection as never before with this intense music driven arcade shooter.
Each of your songs will have its own unique ebb and flow based on the music. Beat Hazard 2 seamlessly mixes the love of gaming and music. Together they become greater than the sum of their parts.
Beat Hazard 2 improves on and ramps up the awesome zen feeling of battling to your own music. Power up your spaceship and watch as the music boosts your firepower. Unleash hell on the enemy ships when you max out with weapon pickups!
Pushing the boundaries of music powered gameplay, the sequel will include procedurally generated boss ships. Each track will create a unique archenemy ship for you to vanquish.
Premium music streaming services will be supported via an 'Open Mic' system that can listen in to any music source. Now the music world is your oyster, play to Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple Music, YouTube, or any other provider!
39. Cavern Escape
Cavern escape is new platformer puzzle game.
The goal is simple: Try to drag the small cute character into finnish. The walls and other obstacles in platform are bad, avoid them at all costs.
It may look easy but it’s tough. Actually, it’s VERY HARD.
Test your skills and find out if you have what it takes to beat the odds.
How far can you go?
Game is in early access:
Early acces version includes 10 Challenging levels.
in full version will be:
• Over 40 Challenging Levels
• Dozens of Unique Puzzles to Solve
• EXTREMELY addicting
• The Ultimate Casual Brain Teaser
• Almost impossible to beat!
40. Hive Jump
In the 24th century, humanity is at war with a hostile alien race. Outnumbered a million to one, mankind’s only hope of survival is the J.U.M.P. Corps. Its mission is to fight the alien menace hive by hive and planet by planet.
You and your friends assume the role of JUMPERS, and blast your way through procedurally generated alien hives in chaotic run and gun platforming action. Up to 4 Players band together in Local or Online Co-op to kill aliens, avoid traps, collect treasures and discover lost relics. Defeat fierce alien bosses to complete your mission and save the galaxy.Key Features
- Action Platforming: Engage swarms of aliens in frenetic combat. Avoid traps, withstand ambushes, discover treasures, rescue survivors, and more.
- Co-op Multiplayer: Among the best local multiplayer games on PC play with up to 4 buddies!
- Procedural Levels: Jump into procedurally generated alien hives. Level modifiers like dark levels keep you on your toes and offer new challenges to overcome.
- Unique Permadeath: Keep the transponder backpack in one piece! It is your mobile respawn point and if it is destroyed your team has no more lives.
- Challenging AI: Intelligent and fierce enemies will hunt you throughout the hive.
- Sci-Fi Arsenal: Pulverize aliens with pulse rifles, flamethrowers, and a variety of unlockable and upgradable weapons that persist between missions.
- Hand-Designed Challenges: Plunder challenge rooms and uncover lost relics to boost the power of your jumpers for that mission.
- Dynamic Lighting: Experience pixel-perfect dynamic lighting using Sprite Lamp.
- Daily/Weekly Challenges: Compete with friends and strangers to see who is the greatest jumper in the galaxy with Daily and Weekly Challenge missions with Leaderboards coming soon.
- Strategic Campaigns: The results of your jumps directly impact the ongoing galactic war against the aliens. Manage your planetary campaign between jumps in a turn-based strategy mode. Invite your friends and random Jumpers into your Campaign Missions for jolly cooperation!
- Gamepad Support: Play Hive Jump using your favorite console controller.
Cats have always been the link between the world of Yavi and the world of Navi, and for this knowledge they were awarded nine lives. What will it cost for the greatest of them - Cat Bayn - to make an exception and change the balance just once on behalf of the young sorceress Alesta’s mother? Mysterious creatures from Slavic myths carefully keep their secrets in the magical forests and dense thickets that have become home to geese, kikimor, anchutkas and mermaids. In the whirlwind of the adventure, their secrets will be revealed, hidden paths will become visible and the road between worlds will be intertwined.
- Ancient tales come to life in a large open labyrinth of gloomy marshes, Slavic villages and centuries-old forests;
- To help Alesta in fierce battles with the dangerous mythical creatures are the creatures of the summons – familiars who, from time immemorial, have served the sorcerers. Choose from a variety of familiars with unique abilities;
- The world is filled with characters whose destinies are in your hands - the completion of many side quests will determine how this adventure will end;
- Respect for all traditions of the meteoroid genre, allowing you to return back in search of secret paths and acquire new skills. The danger of the adventure is emphasized by the possibility of remaining in only certain places;
- Fascinating battles with bosses, who have come from Slavic tales and tell us their unique history;
- Elements of role-playing games, allowing you to customize the characteristics of Alesta to your individual style of playing.
The game was developed by one person – Slava Gris who combined his art skills with his knowledge of programming to bring to life Catmaze. The soundtrack is provided by Expecte Amour.
Fight to survive on a mysterious alien planet and do whatever it takes to find a way home.
Blaze Rush is a mercenary desperate for a job. In search of an easy payday he follows a distress beacon to the surface of a dangerous planet and the remains of an ancient crash site. There he finds a mystery that will test his strength, his resolve, and every gun in his arsenal. Zombotron features an arsenal of weapons and armor, enemies that hate each other as much as they hate you, and really nice explosions for an experience that’s out of this world.
Why go for headshots when you can drop a zombie down an elevator shaft? Or crush them beneath a pile of rubble. Or set of an elaborate daisy-chain of dynamite around them. Or run them over in an ATV. Or... you get the idea.
Crush foes with elevators, send them flying with explosives, run them down in vehicles, and much, much more.
Lock and load with a variety of weapons to become a consummate badass.
Discover the secrets of the planet Zombotron in an engaging, camp-tastic storyline.
Customize Blaze's armor to be the space-faring badass you've always wanted to be.
Ant.Karlov has been a game developer for 14 years. You might be familiar with some of his web-games on sites like Armor Games, Newgrounds, and Kongregate, including games like Fire Catcher, Alien Transporter, Mining Truck, Knighttron and Mushroomer. Zombotron is Ant.Karlov's first premium title and builds upon over a decade of gameplay and design experience.
43. Castlevania Anniversary Collection
Konami's Castlevania Anniversary Collection traces the origins of the historic vampire franchise. Included is a unique eBook with details provided by developers, artists and others inspired by the Castlevania legacy which sheds a fresh light into the world of Castlevania.
Released as part of the Konami 50th Anniversary celebration, relive these timeless classics that helped define the platformer genre. From the Belmont clan to their extended bloodlines and allies, the Castlevania Anniversary Collection is the best first step for anyone to take into the world of Castlevania and the fight against Dracula!
Castlevania II Simon's Quest
Castlevania III Dracula's Curse
Super Castlevania IV
Castlevania The Adventure
Castlevania II Belmont's Revenge
Kid Dracula (never released in English before)
History of Castlevania - Book of the Crescent Moon
44. Eagle Island
Explore the avian world of Eagle Island with Quill and one of his loyal owls, Koji. Discover lush forests, treacherous caverns and uncover the ruins of long lost civilizations. Finally, confront the gargantuan deity, Armaura, in a desperate attempt to rescue Ichiro from her clutches.
With its falconry-based gameplay within uniquely generated worlds, Eagle Island is set to a beautifully modernized pixel art aesthetic and provides a breath of fresh air to the platforming genre.
Taking inspiration from the roguelike and metroidvania genres, players of Eagle Island can enjoy either short runs or a longer story based experience.
Fully procedurally generated levels
80 different perk abilities to mix up the gameplay each run
Magical feathers transform your bird into elemental forms
9 beautiful environments to explore
Quill's arsenal of solo moves consists simply of running, jumping and the occasional ledge grab - the game keeps to its classic 16-bit inspiration. Launch attacks with Koji in 8 directions using the D-pad-like aiming controls. Hit enemies in quick succession to earn greater rewards from combos. Miss an attack and you'll be forced to wait longer for Koji to return. If Koji is attacked or captured, Quill will be briefly defenceless and must take evasive action whilst vulnerable!
Eagle Island was supported by 1,291 backers on Kickstarter.
45. Dungeon Creepster
A throwback style game to the days of gauntlet, Dungeon Creepster is a classic style top down action game. Travel deep into the depths of an evil dungeon and test your might against countless enemies. Collect multiple types of mana crystals to fire off special magical abilities. Place earth traps, hurl fireballs, unleash the power of the sun, and drown your victims with the oceans might. Fast paced action awaits.
46. Adam's Venture: Origins
Adam’s Venture: Origins. Set in the roaring 20’s, in Adam’s Venture: Origins you will explore ancient ruins, and recover mysterious artifacts. Together with your trusted accomplice Evelyn, you will have to outsmart the evil Clairvaux company.
Adam’s Venture Origins is a reimagining of the Adam’s Venture franchise. Streamlined and replotted to forge an engaging narrative, Adam’s Venture: Origins reimagines the events of the first exploits of Adam Venture.
Adam’s Venture: Origins features new, next-gen visuals, new gameplay and new animation work which makes it into a true next-gen experience.
Adam’s Venture: Origins is the fulfillment of the original vision of Vertigo Games, as facilitated by SOEDESCO. Challenging puzzles, stunning visuals, engaging narrative and tight gameplay will make Adam’s Venture: Origins into an adventure game that is not to be missed.
- Brains over Brawn, Adam’s Venture: Origins focusses on clever puzzles.
- Delve into ancient mysteries and recover mysterious artifacts.
- Traverse long forgotten tombs and crumbling cities using the new grappling hook.
- Rich and involving storyline that weaves a surprising adventure with historical overtones.
47. Rad Rodgers: World One
The StoryRad is a rambunctious but spirited young boy who maybe plays too many video games. After dozing off at the tail end of a long night of gaming, Rad awakens to find his dusty old console has turned itself back on. Suddenly a vortex emerges and he's sucked into his TV, where he finds himself the star in his very own video game adventure.
Dusty is Rad's good-hearted but foul-mouthed, now-sentient game console. His clock speed isn't what it used to be, but what he lacks for in megahertz he makes up for with experience and attitude!
Rad & Dusty's adventure begins in the First World, taking them through seven dangerous stages of action-packed, humor-filled, hardcore platforming fun. This decaying jungle world has been infected by a fierce corruption, and it's up to the unlikely buddy-duo Rad and Dusty to save the jungle's inhabitants and restore the Elder Tree as guardian of the land.
FeaturesWeapons: Dusty arms Rad with a variety of radical bad-ass weaponry. The Bolt Blaster has unlimited ammo, is easy to use, and more than enough firepower to get the job done. The Phoenix Cannon shoots out a fiery bird whose wingspan lights enemies ablaze as it flies by. There are 5+ weapons in this first chapter, with more to come.
Sounds & Music: Our composer Andrew Hulshult combined his years of musical experience (both performing and writing) with his passion for retro-style gaming to create an amazing and authentic soundtrack for the game complete with MIDI-inspired music... And synthesizers!
The Pixelverse: While Rad and Dusty are a great team, only Dusty can enter the electrified Pixelverse -- a dangerous spacetime-breaking region that exists behind the game world. Dusty enters the Pixelverse when necessary to repair glitches in the running game world, allowing both Rad & Dusty to continue their journey.
Classic Easter Eggs: The game features hard-to-find collectibles in sometimes even harder-to-find classic secret rooms. Use your precision platforming skills to collect 'em all.
48. Cast of the Seven Godsends
Four levels of difficulty, six worlds to conquer, twelve mid and end-of-level bosses, seven god-like armour sets, five basic weapons and thirty-five magic combat spells!
The evil emperor Zaraaima has kidnapped the infant heir to the land of Dareca. King Kandar must call upon the aid of the seven gods of Dareca as he traverses the six worlds of his kingdom in a bid to save his son. He must face the emperor's hordes as he battles through dark woods, slimy swamps, sinister mills, infernal volcanos, snowy mountains, golden cities and demonic castles. Each world is guarded by level bosses each sworn to bring about the king's swift demise. To help him in his quest King Kandar can invoke god-given armour, wield different weapons and cast fanatical spells. Can the King save his son and his kingdom or will Dareca fall into the evil emperor's grasp?
- Easy controls - only two buttons to play (shoot and jump)
- Six very different and long worlds to conquer
- Checkpoint save positions throughout worlds
- Five basic weapons to master
- Seven god-like armour sets
- 15 different bonus items to boost your hero
- Thirty-five magic combat spells to utilise
- Over 50 different enemies
- Twelve mid and end-of-level bosses
- Four difficulty levels
- Different endings
- Hand-drawn pixel graphics with a 16-bit look-and-feel
- Special art gallery with achievements to unlock
- Easter eggs to discover
49. Starward Rogue
- Roguelite catacombs that evolve and expand with each of your successes.
- Hundreds of items, enemies and rooms, and dozens of epic boss fights.
- Fully playable with keyboard+mouse or gamepad.
- 5 difficulty levels range from "Relatively Easy" to "Nigh Impossible."
- Play as a "head in a mech" harvested from the neck of everyone's favorite Hydral.
- Find secrets of The Megalith, a giant structure lodged in a star, as you lose many heads.
- Figure out what happened to Rodney, an AI redshirt of uncertain motives.
- Over-the-top mod support. Detailed wiki: create enemies, items, weapons, and rooms.
- Secrets! Among them "incredibilities" that massively change the way the game plays.
- Varied mech suits: dipole magnetism, time control, and more.
- Upgrade during each "run" via EXP/Perks, shops, and items found while exploring.
50. Badass Hero
Badass Hero is a roguelite platformer shooter set in a comic book universe. The game features fast-paced hit and run gameplay, procedural generation of levels and random items that make every playthrough different! All in extremely polished, modern and high-resolution 2D art.
In Badass Hero you shoot enemies with various guns while avoiding projectiles, traps and obstacles. Collect ink from defeated enemies to upgrade your hero. Play dynamically and aggressively and take risks like a badass to get greater rewards! Stay focused at all times or you'll die sooner than you think. Become proficient with your character's skills and master each enemy to succeed!
- Comic book setting
- Action platforming with 360 shooting
- Procedurally generated levels
- Customizable character
- Permadeath with character progression
- Completely unique worlds, each with its own bosses and minibosses
- Tons of gameplay-changing items and guns