The best games like One Way Heroics are:
- arrow_rightTree of Savior (English Ver.)
- arrow_rightFINAL FANTASY V
- arrow_rightDoodle God
- arrow_rightRADical ROACH Deluxe Edition
100 Best Games Like One Way Heroics:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (10)
- PlayStation 4 (24)
- iOS (22)
- Android (13)
- macOS (56)
- Linux (41)
- Nintendo Switch (15)
- Nintendo 3DS (7)
- Nintendo DS (3)
- Xbox 360 (3)
- Xbox (3)
- PlayStation 3 (12)
- PlayStation 2 (6)
- PlayStation (9)
- PS Vita (12)
- PSP (6)
- Wii U (4)
- Wii (3)
- GameCube (5)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (5)
- Game Boy Color (1)
- Game Boy (3)
- SNES (11)
- NES (9)
- Classic Macintosh (6)
- Apple II (10)
- Commodore / Amiga (29)
- Atari 7800 (1)
- Atari 5200 (2)
- Atari 2600 (5)
- Atari Flashback (2)
- Atari 8-bit (6)
- Atari ST (9)
- Atari Lynx (1)
- Atari XEGS (1)
- Genesis (4)
- SEGA Saturn (2)
- SEGA CD (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
- 3DO (1)
- Web (4)
Tacoma is an indie adventure game developed by Fullbright.
In 2088, corporations heavily influence social life. These conglomerates are the pioneers of space travel, space construction, and artificial intelligence development. The economy promoting loyalty to a select corporation is established.
The game takes place on the Tacoma space station. It serves as a transit hub between Earth and a resort built upon Moon. Amy Ferrier is hired by the corporation that operates the station to investigate a mysterious chain of events occurred on the station and to retrieve a processing module from the station's artificial intelligence. Upon her arrival, Amy begins to find out what's going on using Tacoma's augmented reality system.
Tacoma focuses on the in-game world's exploration. There are no enemies present in the game, so the players can focus on the narrative aspect of it.
The players utilize an augmented reality device found on the station to access its security footage and recreate the events that happened here. It is possible to manipulate the footage like a recording, fast-forwarding it, pausing and rewinding. The players can see the characters move from room to room, or in some cases follow the character's path. One of the main game's aspects is its puzzles, as it is the main thing the players will be doing for most of the time.
2. Tree of Savior (English Ver.)
In this game you need to find a goddess in the world of chaos. The game world is based on traditional Lithuanian culture and mythology. The names of cities in the game world are consonant with the names of the real cities of this region and neighboring countries. For example, Klaipedia is located in the South of the Kingdom within the Klaipedia region. The city is one of the main cities in the game's world. It is connected to West Siauliai Woods, the starting point for all the new Revelators. The name of this city is made from the name of the real city in Lithuania - Klaipeda.
Wealth of choice
The choice in the game is very diverse, there is no fixed route.
You can search for the goddess in your own style - the game provides many opportunities for this in Massive Freedom of Choice mode. You have a huge selection of costumes and expressions. In any mode, different jobs, skills, and stats are available.
If there is a lack of skills for success in the game - you can gain skill in the Team Battle League mode.
There are many character classes and 8 ranks. Each combination of class and rank is interesting in its own way. There are also classes that are simply not accessible, you have to satisfy special requirements so that these classes become available.
The game has a lot of hidden quests.
If you are completely confident in your abilities, welcome to the Guild Wars mode - there are no safe places, there are no places where enemies can not reach, either in the open field or in the dungeons. By the way, in the whole game there are more than 200 unique boss monsters.
If you want to play in the company - the community can be accessed anytime no matter where you may be. There is also Automatic Party Finding - make parties with nearby players.
Any data about your status is visible throughout the game.
3. FINAL FANTASY V
Twenty years after the original FINAL FANTASY V released in Japan, the classic RPG has found its way to PC!
Embark on an epic adventure as four heroes are driven together by fate: Bartz and his chocobo companion, Princess Lenna of Castle Tycoon, the mysterious Galuf, and the pirate captain Faris.
The crystals that bring peace and prosperity to the world – earth, water, fire, and wind – have lost their power and are on the verge of destruction.Key Features:Customize characters with an unprecedented degree of freedom with the job and ability system – 26 unique job classes!
Veteran character designer Kazuko Shibuya has returned to recreate the characters and graphics for an enhanced experience!
Updated controls and active-time battle system are optimized for fluid combat for PC.
This new version also includes “The Sealed Temple” from the 2006 release, as well as the Tetsuya Nomura-designed optional boss Enuo, and an extraordinary soundtrack
Includes STEAM trading cards and achievements.
Categories in common with FINAL FANTASY V: Role Playing
4. Doodle God
Starting with the basic elements of earth, wind, fire and air players can build a world filled with locomotives, Dragons, skyscrapers, Aliens and more. In Planet mode players will discover a challenging new way to develop the universe of their dreams.
As you create elements watch the world come to life as new combinations create new elements, life-forms and objects that propagate the planet's surface. But beware with great power comes great responsibility. Players need to be aware of unintended consequences like a zombie plague and other catastrophes! Test your divine knowledge and challenge your friends online with the new Tournament mode. Each time players successfully create a new item they’ll be rewarded with wit and wisdom from some of the greatest philosophers and comedians of all time. Unleash your inner god with Doodle God™ for Steam!
More than 1000 detailed reviews in gaming press, including:
Metacritics list of Reviews - 75/100
It’s full of surprises and fun
Earth! Air! Fire! Water!... heart! - 4.5/5
Good for a short burst of creative insight - 80/100
Doodle God is buckets of fun for lots of reasons - 4.8/5
True genius behind Doodle God's alluring gameplay
Doodle God is a unique, bizarrely addictive game - 90/100
This unique game is highly recommended to everyone - 80/100
Outside-the-box thinking is the charm behind this beautifully designed game - 5/5
5. RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition is an indie horizontal side-scroller developed by Decaying Logic. The game was later remastered and re-released by the developers.
Who will most probably survive the nuclear war between multiple countries, which lasts several hours? Roaches, of course! And they will fight for their survival with other insects too. Thankfully, radiation gives everything superpowers! Well, in most cases. You are a tiny irradiated roach that can now fly. But can you fly fast enough to escape the fleas?
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition is a typical rendition of side-scrolling games, where the player-controlled character is placed in the left part of the screen and obstacles and enemies come from the right side with the players being able to move up and down.
Players control a small roach that did not only survive the nuclear war but also got superpowers, thanks to the radiation. Fly away from the enemy fleas, which are now deadly. As the players fly away from their enemies, they also have to avoid fast approaching obstacles, touching which will result in a one-hit kill, as well as other fleas, that overtook you.
The game features an upgrade system, which allows the players to upgrade the tiny roach by improving its speed, getting several lives. It is also possible to change the skin of the roach that better suits the player's taste.
Four races of wizards, adepts of four magical schools, collide in a brutal fight for world domination. Etherlords, an iconic strategy created by Nival, became a bestseller in the world and earned highest grades from critics.
Etherlords is an exciting mix of turn-based strategy and fantasy trading card game. Innovative game mechanics that first appeared in this game formed the basics of most modern games of this genre.Key Features
- 4 races of magical creatures, each with their own unique lands, architecture, spells and strategy;
- 2 battle campaigns for each two allied races;
- More than 300 spells, including sorcery, battle magic, summoning and rituals;
- More than 10 game levels, all connected by one storyline;
- 64 heroes of all races; their parameters, special abilities and selected skills progress with each level gained.
- Individual battle style for each hero with the help of their unique sets of spells;
- A combination of magical battle system based on table games and strategic use of resources;
- Full 3D turn-based battles with unlimited variety of tactical decisions;
Categories in common with Etherlords: Strategy
Tangledeep combines the 16-bit graphics and polish of classic SNES-era RPGs with elements from roguelikes and dungeon crawlers to create a magical experience for players of all skill levels. Trapped in underground villages with no memory of the world at the surface, you must survive an ever-changing labyrinth to discover what lies above. Experience rich, tactical, turn-based gameplay as you explore a sprawling dungeon that’s different each time you play. Tangledeep features a customizable job system and hundreds of collectible items that allow you to approach each playthrough in a totally new way!The Setting
For hundreds of years, people have lived in the safety of underground settlements and villages – where the only route to the surface is “Tangledeep,” a mysterious and ever-changing labyrinth. With memories of the surface world long forgotten, you set out for the labyrinth to discover what lies above. With each floor – full of magical beasts, ancient automatons, bizarre environments and hybrid biomes – the mystery grows ever deeper…Key Features
- Experience finely-tuned, procedurally-generated and handcrafted gameplay as you fight challenging monsters, complete quests, and collect rare items.
- Master deep, tactical turn-based combat across 9 unique jobs. (More to come!)
- Choose between two game modes – including Adventure Mode, which removes the pain of permadeath.
- Share some of your progress between characters by using the banking system, or planting magic trees and raising monsters in town.
- Take in the scenery – comprised of beautiful 16-bit graphics and carefully handcrafted maps!
- Relax to a beautiful soundtrack composed by award-winning composer Andrew Aversa – joined by Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana) and Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth).
- Runs on both PC and Mac, with Linux support in continuing development (already works great on several distros)
- Play with virtually any controller, and remap any control, binding, or shortcut
- Old-school keyboard-only support (numpad movement) as well as WASD preset bindings available
- Full mouse support - can even be played with ONLY the mouse!
FROM THE MAKERS OF HALFWAY...
THE YEAR IS 1936...It is a time of global unrest as German military influence is spreading throughout Europe and the Middle East. Rumors of frantic excavations and strange artifacts, not to mention ghastly occult rituals, have begun to surface across secret communication channels...THEY TOOK OUR FRIEND...Morten has vanished. The Nazis took him because he interfered with their occult research. We have to rescue him before it's too late. And afterwards, who knows what other adventures await?
THRILLING VISUALS - Classic 16-bit pixel art enhanced with unprecedented depth, lighting and shadows using Pixel/Voxel Hybrid Technology.
DYNAMIC ADVENTURES - No two adventures are the same; each campaign generates a new procedural map and a different set of unique story encounters.
TOUGH CHOICES - Every location you visit presents a new hand-crafted story event to explore. Search the well? Save the villagers? It's up to you!
DECISIVE CONFLICTS - Use cover and positioning in exciting turn-based squad combat. Learn to maximize your items and abilities, as well as your team members' strengths, in ruthless and clever ways!
HIDDEN TREASURES - Discover rare artifacts to unlock new content and adventures! Recruit from 16 unique companions, each with their own starting equipment and skill trees!
With soundtrack by the critically-acclaimed composer, Gavin Harrison of Halfway fame!
This game is a parody.
It is definitely, positively and (hopefully) legally, NOT the game Grand Theft Auto Five.
Sure, it's called NotGTAV, but those letters stand for Great Traffic Adventure and the V is silent. Like the one in "lawsuit" (which, you'll notice, is also invisible).
This short tour of the glories of the UK’s M4 corridor is easy to play, hard to master, addictive, very funny, and cheap.
100% of the profits from this game go to young people’s charity Peer Productions. Without Peer Productions the NotGames team would never have met. By buying this game you can help us pay something back.
NotGames: Sticking it to the virtual man since about ten minutes ago.
Q: Is it meant to look that bad?
A: Yes. Really. It's satire. Like South Park.
Q: Is it meant to be just Snake?
A: Again, yes. That's kinda the point of the satire, see?
Q: So why should I buy it exactly?
A: We guarantee it'll be the funniest game of Snake you've ever played. Especially if you know anything about the UK. Or an infamous driving game. Or have, you know, a sense of humour.
Categories in common with NotGTAV: Casual
10. The Mummy Demastered
A powerful ancient evil has arisen, and the war to save humanity has begun! The Mummy Demastered throws you into a 16-bit-inspired battle against the undead in a 2D, nonlinear, action-packed adventure. As an elite agent in the monster-hunting Prodigium organization, you must use a variety of weapons, upgrades, and mysterious artifacts to defend mankind against the supernatural hordes of Princess Ahmanet. Your Prodigium unit is already on the scene, but HQ lost contact with them hours ago. Only by exploring tombs, forests, abandoned tunnels, and the cursed streets of London will you discover the fate of your allies. But beware - Ahmanet commands legions of undead, insects, plague-ridden vermin, and worse! If you're not careful, you'll be the next soul in her army.
- Stunning retro-inspired graphics and atmospheric chiptune soundtrack
- Shoot-'em-up action meets exploration-based adventuring
- Fight for survival against swams of horrifying enemies and bosses
- Obliterate monsters with an arsenal of weapons including grenades, a flamethrower and more
- Uncover and collect 50 hidden relics
11. Cubicle Quest
Cubicle Quest is a game about how life can suck. Dead end jobs, repetitive obligations, irritating coworkers... Cubicle Quest takes all of those things and turns them into enemies you can fight in an old-school RPG.
Adventuring in Cubicle Quest doesn't earn you levels and gold to fight some great ancient evil. Every quest has an impact on your character's life, whether it's getting a promotion at work, finding new friends, or figuring out what you want to do in life. Gain allies and personal strength until you take on the forces keeping you in your cubicle!
- 20-25 hours of gameplay, including post-game challenges and secret ending. Permanent choices and time-based challenges add replay value.
- Monsters don't drop gold. All your cash comes from the complex financial system, including your regular job, side gigs, and potentially starting your own business.
- In addition to destroying your credit card and college debt, you can invest your money in savings accounts and stocks.
- Instead of elements like fire and ice, you fight enemies with work or interpersonal skills for intuitive strategy. The enemies will be hitting you with unique elements too, many of them not comparable to normal RPG strategies.
- Nine party members, each useful for supporting you in different challenges.
- Multiple choices for marriage, each providing unique elements to the second half of the game. Or stay single, if you find the right quest.
13. Invasion: Brain Craving
Congratulations! You, my friend, are one of the lucky few who were immune to the pathogen! Alas, your friends and family are now flesh-eating zombie-types, but try not to hold that against them. So, let's see what's behind door number 1! Zombies! Bad luck, chum! Try again!Features:
- Zombies AND JRPG Elements! What could be better?
- Randomly generated world with 729 combination possibilities!
- Random event seeds ensure no two play-throughs are the same!
- Survive in apocalyptic wasteland! Keep your stamina high and your team-mates healthy!
- Traditional side-view battle system!
- Plethora of recruitable characters!
- Steam Achievements!
- Steam Trading Cards!
It's the zombie-slaying survival game with JRPG elements you didn't know you wanted!
14. Dungeon Rushers
Dungeon Rushers is a 2D tactical RPG combining dungeon crawler’s gameplay and turn based fights. Manage your team, loot dusty dungeons, crush armies of monsters and craft mighty equipment. Be part of an epic adventure with a colorful cast of characters in an off-beat universe. Build your own dungeon and challenge other players!The Game:
Over the course of an epic quest, explore many dungeons and loot their guarded treasures. Build your own team by choosing the best hero combination to overcome traps and monsters lurking in the shadows.
Upgrade the skills of your heroes to make them even more fearsome and place them strategically to achieve victory.
Craft your equipment on your own with components gathered during your journey thanks to an advanced system consisting of six different craftsmen.
Complete dungeons and their bonus challenges to unlock the Heroic difficulty, where only the best can make their way to the treasure!
Build your own dungeon in which you can spread traps and monsters to prevent other adventurers from looting your chest! Hire your « dream team » by exploring a world where dungeons and manors have been abandoned by men in favor of the worst creatures, then attack other players' dungeons to plunder their treasure!Heroes: Features:
- Campaign mode full of humor with various sound and graphic environments
- Interactive exploration system
- Revised turn based fights with a hint of nostalgia
- Advanced team management (equipment, skills upgrade, in-fight position, ...)
- Wide range of skills to use (scout, heals, dodge, trap deactivation, monsters stalking)
- Crafting system featuring many recipes to unlock
- High replay value with a Heroic difficulty for each dungeon
- Online arena system with matchmaking and ranking
- Battles among friends, to die against people you love
- Epic custom-made soundtrack
15. Grandia II Anniversary Edition
15 years after the stunning Dreamcast debut of Ryudo and his epic adventure, Grandia II is back and better than ever! The classic Japanese RPG returns with enhanced visuals, new difficulty level, and features both keyboard and gamepad support!
Take the role of a hardened mercenary with a heart, and go on an epic adventure filled with magic, new friendships, and surprising storyline twists in search of a weapon once wielded by a deity. It’s the classic tale of a band of adventurers destined to save the world, but things are not always as they seem…
Grandia II is famous for its great characters, mature storytelling, memorable music and fantastic battle system, and there's no better way to experience one of the most beloved console RPGs of the 32-bit era than this special Anniversary Edition!
* Visual upgrades to textures, lighting, and shadows
* Original Japanese voice option
* Additional difficulty level
* Gamepad support
* Steam Trading Cards
* Steam Achievements
* Steam Cloud Save Support
* Selectable Video Options
* Remapable Keyboard & Gamepad Support
* 100 Save File Slots
* Dreamcast VMS Save File Support
Categories in common with Grandia II Anniversary Edition: Role Playing
16. Devolver Bootleg
Devolver Bootleg contains eight original rip-offs of Devolver Digital games including:
Enter The Gun Dungeon
Imagine a dungeon crawler but instead of swords it’s guns. But also everything is made out of guns and bullets and stuff. Like, everything.
Brutal, fast-paced, stealth action and a whole lot of blood. From your garbage person apartment in historically interesting and relevant Milwaukee, pick up the phone, and answer the call--of murder. Follow instructions and follow the stairs deeper and deeper into the mysterious basement. Where does it go? Who are you?
Ape Out Jr.
Escape out of ape prison in this classic arcade-style platformer where you play as an orange gorilla who will kill everyone so he can to see his dad again. Grab unsuspecting guards to use as weapons and shields in this completely original idea set to an interpretive chiptune jazz drummer soundtrack. Please, Ape Out was my father’s name.
It’s the never-ending story of a young boy falling down a well, wearing a giant boot as if it was overalls, which also is a gun. Collect gems, squash and shoot the fauna, fall deeper into the infinite well, and wear some other equally large and ballistically designed shoes.
Super Absolver Mini: Turbo Fighting Championship
(2 Players Only)
A competitive fighting game where you play as your choice of one of four masked combat disciples. You choose two special moves. You fight two rounds. The winner is absolved of the obligation to ever have to fight again, but probably will anyway because the one true resolve of the flesh is a fist colliding with it.
It’s a cat inside of a suit of armor. It’s a cat...In full plate armor. What else do you want?
PikuBiku Ball Stars
(2 Players Only)
Everybody’s favorite red thing with legs is back and ready to sink some baskets with a friend. Nothing but net baby. Slam freakin’ dunk.
Hello, I am Rami Ismail, ½ of Dutch independent game development studio, Vlambeer. We made a version of Luftrausers that had a typo, and JW left the thumbdrive containing the source at a coffee shop somewhere while I was doing a talk in Berlin, then Nairobi, then in Los Angeles the following day. If you find the thumbdrive, can you please return it and please PLEASE do not share the contents with anyone or add it to a compilation of pirated, under-the-table ripoffs of games that Devolver has published.
17. DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Empires
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Empires is the latest installment of the "Empires" series, in which you aim to conquer ancient China using both strategy and the one warrior versus one thousand tactical action the WARRIORS series is known for.
The player becomes a hero from Three Kingdoms era, with the goal of unifying all of ancient China under their rule via strategy and battles!
* The images are from an in-development build and may differ from the final version.
Categories in common with DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Empires: Action
VoidExpanse is an open-world, science fiction action-RPG set in deep space.
Take on the role of a spaceship pilot and navigate the vast reaches of VoidExpanse! Mine asteroids for valuable resources, trade to improve your ship, complete story missions offered by one of several factions with their own agendas, advance your character through diverse skill-trees -- and engage in fast-paced combat with hostile aliens, mercenaries and pirates in the rich and exciting Sci-Fi universe of VoidExpanse.
- Open exploration of procedurally-generated galaxies in sandbox mode.
- Upgrade your ship using hundreds of different modules and devices.
- Complex real-time combat system.
- Factions that have their own agendas, people, territories and storylines.
- Character customization with a number of diverse skill trees and branches.
- Meaningful trading system involving trade routes and supply/demand simulation.
- Advanced asteroid mining with a multitude of ores and mining devices.
We want to keep polishing the game as long as people are interested in the world of VoidExpanse. Please join our forums so that we can read and address any feedback you might have! Tell your friends about VoidExpanse if you're having fun with the game. The more we hear from you, the more we can achieve together!
19. Hero of the Kingdom III
Travel through the four valleys to save the kingdom from the ancient evil.
Your uncle Brent raised you as a skilled hunter. Fate, however, gave you a different path than a peaceful village life. An ancient evil awakened, shattering the whole kingdom. Dark monsters climbed out of holes and people died under the falling mountains. You are left alone to face the great evil. You must set out on a long journey through the four valleys and save the kingdom on the brink of destruction. Your courage and your skills will forge a new hero of the kingdom.
- Explore the beautiful country of the four valleys.
- Help people and fulfill many interesting quests.
- Fight monsters and advance in many skills.
- Find hundreds of useful hidden items.
- Obtain many achievements.
UNLOVED is based on the community award-winning mod for Doom2 with the same name by the same creator. UNLOVED is a strange place. A twisted reality. A nightmare that comes to life. A place where demons and abhorrent monsters manifest and possess the living with only one goal: to end you. Nothing wants you here. And there is no way out. Only the elevator that leads further and further down into the darkness of your insanity.
Play alone or in a group of up to 4 players and explore the endless amount of basement levels that are procedurally arranged every time you enter. Work as a team, open new areas, find weapon-mods, solve personal challenges, complete level objectives and unlock new skills to survive this trip into the unknown.Main FeaturesFast Paced Shooter Gameplay + Coop Features
The game resurrects the old-school fast paced action shooter gameplay. Combined with deadly monsters and modern coop-features that encourage playing in a team to stay alive in a harsh and deadly environment. Find and join other players online or play via LAN. If you don't feel like playing in a team, you can play alone just as well.
Randomly arranged Levels
Every basement area is generated from hand crafted level chunks that are randomly arranged. After that, certain areas get locked by the “Architect” and you have to find certain key items to access them. Every level has final rooms with objectives the player has to complete in order to leave the level.
Create your own unique Play-Style
Besides customizing your appearance, you can also create your own unique play-style. Equip magic trinkets with unearthly powers that can completely change the way you experience the game. Want to become super tough, or do you prefer to run super fast? Do you want to deal lots of damage, or have the highest chances of survival? The right combination of trinkets makes it possible and sets you apart from other players.
Play in 4 different Game Modes
If you want a different experience besides the Ultra Violence, you can also select alternative Game Modes that may suit your style a bit more. Classic Horror gets your blood pumping while you are desperately looking for enough ammunition to survive the next enemy. Arcade Style increases the already fast paced action to the max, giving you the ultimate killing frenzy experience. And then there is the HOT Mode - the most innovative game mode in years...
Find Weapon-Mods to be more efficient
Every weapon can be upgraded with special mods. These can alter the way a weapon functions in dramatic ways. They may change the way the weapon operates, increase fire rate or give boosts like speed reloading.
Gain Karma by completing personal Challenges
You don’t just get experience points for killing monsters. Each time you play, certain challenges are given to you. If you fulfill your personal objectives, you get Karma points that you can spend to upgrade your Persona.
Unlock new Items and the Mysteries that UNLOVED holds
Within the levels are different mysterious objects scattered. By collecting them, you can later unlock new player colors, ranks, trinkets and pieces of information that may or may not have clues about this unearthly realm of insanity.
Categories in common with UNLOVED: Action
21. Doodle Devil
If You Love Doodle God…Embrace Your Dark Side with Doodle Devil!
While Doodle God was busy creating the universe, Doodle Devil was also having some fun.
The same addictive, puzzle game play that made Doodle God a hit is back but with an evil twist. Discover the seven deadly sins and watch as the world crumbles at your fingertips as you create thousands of dastardly deeds.
Combine fire, earth, wind & air to create demons, beasts, zombies... and much more. Being bad has never been so much fun!
CRITICS LOVE IT!
“It’s addictive. Insanely so! Lots of fun.” – 148Apps
“Wonderfully unique concept. Deeply satisfying!” – GameZebo
“Discovering each new element was an utter delight." – AppSafari
"You'll have to use your creativity…ruthlessly addictive." – Slide2Play
“Giving it huge thumbs up!" – TUAW
"Now I can unleash my wraith upon the world."
"Better than sinning!"
The Power of Destruction is in Your Hands!FEATURES- New Demon Battle Card Game: Fight your 9 Demons!
- Mold the combinations of fire, earth, wind and air to create a universe of your
- Available in 13 languages: English, German, Dutch, French, Spanish, Italian,
Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Swedish and Polish.
- New Graphics!
- New User Interface.
- New Demon Mode!
- Intuitive one-click gameplay encourages thoughtful, creative play.
- Hundreds of interesting, funny and thought-provoking quotes and sayings.
22. A Robot Named Fight!
A Robot Named Fight is a Metroidvania roguelike focused on exploration and item collection. Take on the role of a lone robot tasked with stopping a the entity known as Megabeast. Explore procedurally-generated labyrinths, uncover randomized power-ups and artifacts, find secrets, and blast meaty creatures in this deliciously gory Metroidvania.
Millennia of peace have passed since the mechanical gods ascended and left the lower order robots to cultivate the world. Unfortunately for those left behind, something forgotten and terrible stirs amidst the stars: the Megabeast, a pulsating moon-sized orb of flesh, eyes, mouths and reproductive organs – unleashing its children onto the world like an unstoppable plague.
- Explore a procedurally-generated labyrinth with more than 4 billion unique runs.
- Prove your worth with true permadeath.
- Take on over 50 menacing enemies solo or with a friend via local co-op.
- Adapt to a different item set every run with more than 60 unique items
- Complete achievements to unlock new content.
- Play using your favorite controller.
- Enjoy an unreasonable amount of meat!
- Classic Arcade Shooter: From its aspect ratio to its fast-paced game play, Intake is directly inspired by classic arcade shooters and SHMUPs with just a hint of FPS love.
- Achievements: Over 70 finely tuned achievements that will teach even the most hardcore player new tricks. These are not your typical progress-only achievements.
- High Scoreboard and Game Stats: Keep track of your high scores and decimate your friends.
- Challenge Modes: Acceleration, Minefield, Reaction, and Flood modes will challenge every aspect of how you play.
- Gameplay Changing Features: Grab vitamins while you play and trade them in for intense game upgrades. You can even turn the game into a SHMUP if you show your skills.
- Dubstep Soundtrack: Infinite wubs. Classy ones.
- Colorblind Modes: Intake offers colorblind modes for players with deuteranopia, protanopia, and tritanopia.
- Full Steam Support
24. Agarest: Generations of War Zero
UNCOVER THE EPIC STORY PRECEDING #1 SELLER, AGAREST: GENERATIONS OF WAR
Following hot on the heels of the number 1 top selling epic SRPG “Agarest: Generations Of War”, Ghostlight are proud to announce its prequel “Agarest: Generations Of War ZERO” bringing an enticing blend of in-depth strategy and epic multi-generational storytelling to Steam!
...From the void, the gods of darkness and light created Agarest, a most perfect and divine world. As the generations passed, paradise sadly fell to the ravages of time. War darkened the skies and Agarest soon became a torturous hell as the gods divided and immense armies clashed, desecrating the once beautiful land…
After many years with the war in deadlock, Sieghart, a young officer loyal to the armies of light, passes through the scarred mountains on a perilous mission. There, he meets a strange girl and unknowingly changes the fate of the world forever.
- Watch the story unfold as you battle the enemy hordes in over 80hrs in a compelling and innovative turn based-based combat system
- Choose the path of Darkness or Light through a truly epic story, spanning multiple generations
- Build your ultimate army of warriors and master Extra Skills, Special Arts and Over Kills to defeat colossal enemies!
- Use the all new Card Skill System to create your hero’s unique persona.
- Featuring stunning new and beautifully animated character portraits.
- The Soul Breed System returns! Unite with your chosen bride to shape the fate of the next generation of heroes
In addition to these existing game features, the following new features have been added:
The new Vacation Days allow you to get to know your party members better and unlock bonus items and locations by visiting various places in the towns. Also, as you build your relationship with the rest of your party you will unlock new costumes for them to wear.
Character portraits displayed during conversations have been vastly improved with the implementation of Motion Portrait. This brings characters to life with subtle animations really helping to enhance the stunning artwork.
With various other changes such as improved graphics and a brand new Card Skill System to allow you to customise your starting character, this is a prequel you won’t want to miss.
Exclusive to the PC version, this new and improved version of Agarest: Generations Of War ZERO now features Cloud Saving (which has also been added to Agarest: Generations Of War very recently). We’ve also added the ability to decide which direction you wish the controls to be offset along with a revamp of the DLC menu giving you control to pick and choose how DLC is added to your existing saves. As expected there is full mouse and keyboard support, full gamepad support, Steam achievements, higher resolution art and a number of other user interface changes to ensure that PC gamers receive the best gaming experience possible. We are pleased to announce that a selection of collectible Steam Trading Cards are featured, whilst DLC is included in the game completely free of charge with other bundle packs of DLC available to purchase separately after release.Included free DLC
- A Deputy's Gift Pack: Contains 4 Flame elements, 4 Ice elements, 4 Thunder elements, 4 Wind elements, 4 Earth elements, 4 Darkness elements and 4 Light elements
- Upgrade Pack 1: Contains 2 STR UP, 2 VIT Up, 2 Agi Up, 2 Int Up. 2 LUK Up and 2 Max HP Up
- Healing Hand Pack: Contains Healing Hand Pack
- Upgrade Pack 2: Contains 2 STR UP+, 2 VIT Up+, 2 Agi Up+, 2 Int Up+. 2 LUK Up+ and 2 Max HP Up+
- Health and Guard Pack: Contains 2 Marfile Seed, 2 Vessels of life, 1 Revive, 1 Dryad's Soul and 1 Requiem Bracelet
- Legendary Items Pack: Contains 2 Divine Branch, 2 Unicorn Horn, 2 Moon Fragment, Magic Crystal Chip, 1 seed of Happiness and 1 Bracelet of Feicui
- Dream Prophecy Pack: Contains 2 Damascus, 2 meteoric iron, 2 generation crystal, 2 lapis noster, 1 shiny fang and 1 whispered dream
- Logistic Support 1: Contains railgun, divine guard, crystal bracelet, dark bracelet and bracelet of light
- Fall from Grace Pack: Contains Big Black, Black bustier, Angel Halo and Angel Wing
- Stout Defense Pack 1: Contains extra frame, chaos frame, Heaven's End and E.O.M
- Squalid Chicken Pack: Contains rusty sword, rusty bracelet. rusty ring, funky chicken and chicken ring
- Nobility Pack: Contains Princess Bustier, Princess's Tiara, Imperial Guar and levitation stone
- Loral Beast Pack: Contains Seiryu's sword, Genbu's gauntlet, Byakko's Bracelet and Suzaku's Ring
- Stout Defense Pack 2: Contains Dragon frame, Demon frame, Mighty ring, Dismal Sylph and Prometheus Bound
- Extra Points Pack 1: Contains 5000 gold, 50PP 150TP and 250EP
- Extra Points Pack 2: Contains 50000 gold, 150PP, 350TP and 5000EP
- Add-on Dungeon 1: An Add-on Dungeon for Generation 1 - A new adventure awaits in the Fohites Ruins
- Add-on Dungeon 2: An Add-on Dungeon for Generation 2 - Explore the Neige Snow Field
25. Reflection of Mine
Reflection of Mine is a dark puzzle video game about the dissociative identity disorder. The entire game takes place in the broken mind of Lilly Witchgan and the goal is to discover who is real – Lilly herself or one of her many personalities. The plot will tell us about her many minds and how are they fighting each other.
During the game, the player controls two characters at the same time and one of them repeats the actions after another. If the player turns left – both of the girls will go left, if the player turns right – both of them go right, if one dies – the other is buried with her. The difficulty is in finding the exit of the map, which is separated into two different parts. Maybe one of the girls will see only flowers in front of her, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t a trap before her second personality. You will find a variety of traps that bring diversity into the game mechanics.
Here, madness is represented as it really is – Lilly is a foreigner in her own body and her memory is broken into pieces by the other personalities. She can’t remember many hours of her life, even days, months and years. Her live is a broken puzzle and we are here to help this girl.
- More than 10 hours of gameplay.
- Story driven psychological game.
- 55 unique puzzles with big variety mechanics.
- 10 stages of arcade mode.
- Original soundtrack.
- More than 10 unique personalities.
- Perfect way to challenge your mind.
- Use gamepad, keyboard, mouse or touch to play.
The game was developed by one person – Slava Gris who combined his art skills with his knowledge of psychology and programming to bring to life Reflection of Mine. The soundtrack is provided by Expecte Amour whose music inspired Slava to create this dark world of madness.
26. Hit Tank PRO
Hit Tank PRO
Hit Tank is an addictive game of fast action that combines Strategy, Action and Challenge.
Ready to take on the fight? Complete your mission while fighting cunning enemies in unique environments!.
Become a hero! Hit Tank will challenge you like never before.
Challenge players from around the world with the online leaderboards.Features :
* 60 Unique Levels
* 9 Different Enemies
* Retro graphics levels
* 3 Game Modes :
- - Missions
- - Challenge
- - Mode PRO
* Realistic & Original System
* Game Options (Hitbox, Speed Etc ..)
* LeaderboardYour turn to Play!
27. Aveyond 3-1: Lord of Twilight
Chapter 1 in a four-part series! Journey across a massive world on a quest to thwart a power-crazed lunatic who wants to enslave humanity! Two hundred years ago, a sorcerer attempted to fulfill a dark prophecy that would see him rule the world. He died before his goal was realized, but the prophecy lingered on. Today, another maniac stands determined to succeed where the sorcerer failed and he needs YOU to fulfill his plan. Are you brave/crazy enough to stop this guy?Games that have been released in the series:Aveyond: Lord of Twilight (DOWNLOAD HERE)
Aveyond: Gates of Night (DOWNLOAD HERE)
Aveyond: The Lost Orb (DOWNLOAD HERE)
Aveyond: The Darkthrop Prophecy (DOWNLOAD HERE)Features:
- HUMOR. Lots of it. Humor is the core of Aveyond. You will laugh... or else!
- Massive world filled with loads of monsters, loot, and civilizations.
- Travel with a large party of friends. Pick your leader and your fighters for turn-based battles.
- Seek out special academies to learn skills like climbing so that you can explore new areas.
- Help Edward, one of your party members, find a wife or face the wrath of his mother.
- Give or steal from temples.
- Obtain a magical sword that can have its properties changed by the gem you put in its hilt.
- Run a farm in your spare time and collect creatures.
- Awesome music brought to you by an award-winning musician who has the entire Final Fantasy music library memorized.
- For the lazy: find the secret treasure caves and equip your heroes with mega weapons, gold, and level ups.
- 20+ achievements to unlock!
28. Jesus Christ RPG Trilogy
Jesus Christ RPG deals with the period between the baptism and the transfiguration of Jesus Christ. Like many other Role Playing Games, this one features turn based battles. You also must undertake tasks as Jesus Christ, Mary Magdalene, Simon Peter and Judas Iscariot.
This game is for anyone who enjoys playing role playing video games or history or religion or any of the previous options.
Playable Characters in Jesus Christ RPG:
Jesus Christ - regarded as the Messiah by many, he's on a mission to save the world from itself. Curing the sick people and exorcizing demons, he's also in conflict wit the local authorities who see him as trouble-maker who's on a quest to become king.
Mary Magdalene - a woman who was possessed by demons and later joins the party. She anoints Jesus and give him strength to fight even more battles against the forces of evil.
Simon Peter - "The Rock". He's a strong man who's Jesus' greatest ally. Nonetheless, he will also have his trials to overcome as his faith is tested against his self-preservation instinct.
Judas Iscariot - A misguided man who thinks too much of material things and loses sight of the big picture. His obsession with status and money-making prove to be his own downfall.
Characters playable in BJC RPG
Virgin Mary - Chosen by God to deliver the Messiah to the world, she must fight against an army which is out to kill her newly born child.
Joseph - A foster father to Jesus and a carpenter by trade, he will go out of his way to protect his son.
Baby Jesus - Still a toddler, he will help the party the best he can. His skills may be limited for now, but he will grow into a remarkable person one day.
Gaspar, Melchior & Balthazar - The three wise kings face a perilous journey to the west, where they hope to find the baby Messiah. Fighting against spirits, robbers and foreign gods, will they ever reach Judea?
Characters playable in RJC RPG
Jesus Christ - regarded as the Messiah by many, he's on a mission to save the world from itself. Curing the sick people and exorcizing demons, he's also in conflict with the local authorities who see him as trouble-maker who's on a quest to become king.
Mary Magdalene - a woman who was possessed by demons and later joins the party. She anoints Jesus and give him strength to fight even more battles against the forces of evil.
Simon Peter - "The Rock". He's a strong man who's Jesus' greatest ally. Nonetheless, he will also have his trials to overcome as his faith is tested against his self-preservation instinct.
Judas Iscariot - A misguided man who thinks too much of material things and loses sight of the big picture. His obsession with status and money-making prove to be his own downfall.
Malchus - A soldier tasked with accompanying Judas on his mission to apprehend Jesus Christ.
Longinus - A centurion who takes prisoners condemned to death by crucifixion to Golgotha, where they meet their demise.
Gesmas - The unrepentant thief. He mocks Jesus at the cross while sharing the same fate. A tough man who does not have compassion in his heart for anyone.
Dismas - The repentant thief. Dismas realizes his predicament is bad yet caused by his actions. He argues with Gesmas and ends up reaching Heaven.
Angel Gabriel - The messenger. Here, he helps Jesus on the Lord's last mission before resurrection.
Categories in common with Jesus Christ RPG Trilogy: Role Playing
Diversionists have disembarked above your base.
Don't let them infiltrate your base and make a diversion.
In order to protect yourself you have cannons at your disposal that you can modify and enhance.
Earn medals, enhance your defences, purchase modifiers and earn archievments and eventually you will unlock a bonus level.
- Hardcore gameplay;
- Fascinating mechanics;
- Achievements, which in the aggregate open access to the bonus level;
- Pleasant stylization;
30. Mistwood Heroes
Mistwood is a huge forest-state populated by a variety of inhabitants. You will play as 4 different accidentally combined mercenaries who will save Mistwood from all adversity and even more.. With you will happen the most incredible events..
You will visit places such as the lair of the bandits, the royal castle, creepy cave, the Flamelands and even more of dangerous locations!
On your way will be enormous amount of bosses that will be a real hard challenge for you!KEY FEATURES:
● Extraordinary Bosses.
● Side Quests.
● Beautiful Music.
● Collection Cards.
● Secret Places and Achievements.
● Awesome Steam Backgrounds.
● Cheap Price.
31. Intelligent Design: An Evolutionary Sandbox
In a universe driven by targets, a faceless corporation employs you to create an evolving ecosystem you can never hope to control...
Intelligent Design: An Evolutionary Sandbox is a god game with fully simulated genetics and evolution. Create species of plants, herbivores and carnivores and try to control the ever evolving ecosystem. Design and create genetically modified organisms, but remember when you start tampering with genetics it is hard to undo your mistakes...Key Features
Fully modelled genetics and evolution
The behaviour and appearance of each organism are determined by their genetics. How tall will a plant grow? How fast can an herbivore run? How often does a carnivore seek prey? These genetics are passed down generation after generation, with random mutations caused by radiation. Evolution is fully simulated, there are no tricks or statistical approximations. You are watching life evolve on your computer.
Weather and Climate Model
Temperature, humidity and wind are all modelled in the game. The weather and climate effect your organisms and perhaps your actions affect the climate as well…
One of your key objectives is to investigate the organisms you create. Build collectors to harvest resources and research stations to observe the organisms. Eventually you will unlock the secrets of genetic engineering. Create your own genetically modified organisms, but be careful, once a genome has entered your ecosystem it may be hard to undo the damage…
Science to be Done
What do all those genes actually do? How is the world score calculated? What does world efficiency even mean? Much like a real scientist you will need to investigate, analyse and work with other players to try and answer these questions. To help you along the way the game outputs data in xml files so you can really get your science on.
Secrets to Discover
Who is employing you to create this ecosystem? Why are they doing it? Why are you doing it? What are those targets for? The answers to these any many other questions are out there, you just need to work together and find them...
32. Feral Fury
Fast-paced twin stick shooter rogue-lite action
May the soil we conquer nurture the holy seeds of the great bamboo
Long after humankind perished in the flames of the oil wars, the great panda empire is
expanding throughout the galaxy as the new dominant power. With the old world in ashes
and an endless need for bamboo, entire planets are turned into plantations, and the
flames of war are lit once again.
- 15 Procedurally-generated stages split into 5 chapters
- Tons of items including helmets, weapons, drones, power ups, scrolls and more
- Collect orbs to unlock permanent upgrades
- Find secret stages and hidden keys to unlock special shops and merchants
- Unlockable characters
- Endless Daily Run - Take the fight to the leaderboards once a day in a locked seed with 3 random items and 1 random curse (e.g. slippery floor, bouncing enemy bullets).
33. Rush Rover
Rush Rover is a 2D top down view shooter game. Compared with the same type of games, this game's shooting experience closer to the traditional STG game.It includes random map generation,random elements,unique weapons and devices design, various enemies and exciting boss battles,dynamic chiptune style game soundtrack,also with traditional STG game’s barrages dodge elements.
In the future, intelligent robots mining exploration has spread over every galaxy. After the war of independence against humanity, the highly intelligent and powerful machines attempt to rule all robots. So theystart to format other robots.You control an "unformated" mining rover, pick up weapons and rush to survival!
- Roguelike gameplay.
- Random map generation.
- Wepons Upgration.
- Bluemap collection.
- Devices creation.
- Exciting boss battles.
- Various enemies.
- Unique weapons and devices.
- Barrages dodge.
- Sci-fi pixel art style .
- 8bit style chiptune sound track.
34. 200% Mixed Juice!
At certain points in time and space, many fun worlds exist. Each world was created by a smart little fairy named Navi for the sake of the sleeping princess with nothing to do.
A world where you're able to experience a lively school life.
A world where you can see the skies crowded with airplanes.
A world that has fallen to ruin from endless wars...
It's time for the sleeping princess to wake up and start her adventures in those worlds.Features:
- Over 80 characters to do battle with
- Cutting-edge graphics to amaze your friends and neighbors with
- A stunning digital soundtrack
- Online multiplayer
Zolg is a minimalist top-down shooter where you explore, fight enemies, collect powerups, and defeat bosses. Move and aim with WASD + mouse or you can use a controller. Controllers can be configured from the main menu. There are 5 powerup types to collect, 6 bosses to fight, and various other enemies and obstacles in your path. This game also has Steam trading cards and 40 achievements of varying difficulty to unlock.
36. The Weaponographist
Or so thought world-famous demon hunter Doug McGrave, until he met the witch from Hellside. Now, cursed to do what’s right for free, his powers constantly draining away, Doug will have to win his power back.
Never slow down. Slow is how the curse takes hold!!
The Weaponographist is a high-speed, top-down dungeon-crawling arena combat game. Cool kids might call it a “Roguelike”.
You play as Doug McGrave, famous demon hunter for hire. Highest level, bestest gear, ruggedly handsome, and unrepentant jerk. For refusing to aid one stinking demon-infested town, you are immediately – and deservedly – cursed. Your powers, your wealth, and your weapons… Poof! Gone. To overcome the curse, you’ll need to make use of whatever weapons you can find.
Swords, chainsaws, machine guns, pogo sticks… Use them while you can.
Because they’ll all fall apart in your hands.
I can’t think of a curse that ever did anyone any good. And this one, doubly so.
Fill up your combo meter by defeating evil, vanquish demons to regain your strength, and weaken the curse while you can. But beware.
Whenever you aren’t attacking, your combo will quickly drain away, and the curse will continue to sap your strength. Only by killing monsters quickly, adapting to new weapons, and removing the curse in pieces can Doug make his way through the depths of the dungeon and get the hell out of this one-horse town.
- Roguelike adventure in a fast-paced arena filled with a variety of creatures to kill.
- Pulse-pounding weapon swaps requiring constant adaptation to defeat the enemy swarms.
- A frantic paced curse requiring constant engagement to catch and surpass the difficulty curve.
- Copious demon gore and goop to trade with Hellside vendors for powerful upgrades.
- Epic soundtrack from Christopher Hoag.
Go forth, kill a bunch of things, and don’t even feel bad.
37. Eschalon: Book II
Return to the world of Eschalon in the sequel to 2007's award-winning RPG. The blight of war now threatens all of Eschalon and the only hope for peace lies in the secret of your past. Don't miss this second chapter in the epic Eschalon trilogy given "5 Stars" by RPGWatch and called "immensely appealing" by The Huffington Post.
- Key Features:
- A huge world to explore; you are free to go anywhere and do anything.
- Thousands of items, monsters, puzzles and traps await your discovery.
- Turn-based action happens at your pace- play it fast and furious or slow and tactical.
- No experience with Eschalon: Book I is needed to enjoy Book II.
38. Project "Fire"
Welcome to "Project Fire" - free adventure\role-playing game! This game is for the people who love good stories, fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk universes, and tactical combat in jrpg style. And yes, it's free for anyone who wants to try!
This is a story of two adventurers - chaos mage Alex and pathfinder Maya. They are chasing dangerous enemy across the whole world, where magic came to replace long-forgotten technologies.
- This is not a heroic tale. You will not save the world. Sometimes you will have to do bad things to survive and reach your goals. How far would you go?
- Once humans came from the stars, and now they sitting in the dust. Discover the history of this world, hear stories and tales... Which of them are the truth? It's for you to decide.
- Explore hand drawn locations, that will allow you to dive deeper into the story!
- Fight mighty enemies that certainly will stand in your way - this is not a joy trip after all.
- Your choices sometimes will affect the story - but it will not be obvious.
39. Starship Traveller
Sucked through the appalling nightmare of the Seltsian Void, the starship Traveller emerges at the other side of the black hole into an unknown universe. YOU are the captain of the Traveller, and her fate lies in your hands. Will you be able to discover the way back to Earth from the alien peoples and planets you encounter, or will you and your crew be doomed to roam uncharted space forever?
With Fighting Fantasy's popularity on the rise in the 80s, Steve Jackson was inspired by a different setting from the traditional swords and sorcery - instead looking to science fiction. Starship Traveller allows players to control an entire ship and crew, with each member skilled in certain abilities.
Explore the vast reaches of space, updated for PC, Mac and Linux. Presented in full colour with realistic physics-based dice rolling for battles, auto-mapping, an auto-updated adventure sheet and stat keeping.
40. Athopiu - The Final Rebirth of Hopeless Incarnate
Athopiu is a retro style rogue-like video game with role-playing elements, fight off waves of enemies with various difficulty levels and try to survive! Build up your characters with different gear and equipment; level up to grow stronger and defeat bigger enemies. There are multiple routes to explore with rewards awaiting those who can conquer the foes.
- Challenging combat
- Retro style pixel art graphics
- Over 50 different items to try out
- Breathtaking environment and stunning visuals.
41. Anonymous Agony: File #1 - Contamination
Anonymous Agony is an episodic story that follows the parallel stories of a teenage serial killer named Haze Stratos, and the child psychologist, Dr. James Samson. What connects them together, is Haze's sister, Clara; a victim of sexual assault and Dr. Samson's patient.
Haze begins using his sister's online handle to lure sexual predators inside his home to murder, as Dr. Samson struggles with the delicate mental state of his patient. As Haze heads towards his own downfall, Clara heads towards recovery. Save frequently.
42. Lords of the Black Sun
Lords of the Black Sun is an epic, complex, dense, turn-based 4X PC strategy game, set in deep space.
Take command of one race to join the struggle for supremacy in the galaxy. As the leader of your empire you are tasked with exploring the stars, colonizing new worlds, managing your empire and conquering whoever dares to oppose you.
The galaxy is full of secrets and dangers: Discover ancient ruins and artifacts, repel or befriend pirates, promote a general to guide your fleets to victory. Concoct complex plots with your allies or use your intelligence services to uncover weak spots on that threatening empire whose leader has vowed to destroy you.
Make sure to keep your population happy or be prepared to face protests against your rule, or in a worst case scenario, rebel factions within your empire.
Only the mightiest rulers can prevail in the depths of space. Are you up to the task of becoming a Lord of the Black Sun?Key features:
- 8 major races each with their own ship designs, technologies, unique traits and unique abilities, meaning playing with each race is a different challenge and offers new ways to approach the game.
- Big, living universe: In addition to the major powers, independent races and pirate clans also claim the galaxy as their residence; their existence can be an annoyance, or a blessing if you can take advantage of them.
- Deep economical and political layer: War isn’t the only way to weaken your rivals. Diplomacy, inteligence and trade can be one of many powerful tools that, if used properly, can be very effective as well.
- Tactical Turn based combat.
- Create and customize your own ship designs.
- Generals: These unique and powerful units evolve as they battle and if used well can be the difference between defeat and victory.
- Randomly generated universe, tech tree and units: You will never play the same game twice.
- Empire shattering: Unrest might lead rebels to start a civil war which in turn might lead to the creation of a new, independent empire that might grow to rival your own.
- Plotting: Secretly finance a war against your rivals in order to weaken them or prepare a surprise joint war along with your allies in a bid to destroy that frighteningly fast growing empire.
- Human-like AI that doesn’t cheat and plays by the same rules as human players, while presenting a constant challenge.
- Play Multiplayer and Hotseat online via LAN or IP/internet.
43. The Indie Mixtape
Here at Curve, we love indie games. Who doesn't? Well, probably some people don't, but we wouldn't trust 'em.
But we love indie games SO MUCH, we embarked on a journey to find some of the most exciting and interesting independent development talent out there and help them bring their titles in front of a bigger audience.
From illuminating roguelikes, to non-euclidean puzzlers, all the way through to hyper-futuristic couch joust-em-ups - you're going to be experiencing the full-fat cream of what the indie development world has to offer.
So here they are, presented all in one handy place - just for you.
The deeper you travel the darker it gets,
and you only have your arrows to light the way.
They say the city's a roost for every bird.
Detective Chirpums is more than happy to disagree with that. Almost as much as he is downing a bottle of Grackle's Finest in one sitting.
He's the city's best detective. He's the city's only detective. Because someone had to.
And he's got a new case. It's his only chance at paying rent for the month. And not unlike too many of his cases, this one comes with a dame in sheep's clothing.”
hets is a very fast, very difficult platformer about shooting monsters in dark randomized caves.
After each cave treat yourself to a well deserved rest and an upgrade that will help you fend off the ever increasing amount of beasts you encounter.
What is actually the deal with those statues by the way?
LAZA KNITEZ!! is a fast-paced jousting deathmatch game for up to 4 players.
Teleport to the neon-lit ALL CAPS technofuture and challenge your friends to mind-blowing hypercombat.
Fire your laser-lance from a distance, get up close and personal to impale your foes or use 7 different power-ups to your tactical advantage.
Guide a cube-headed hero through a mind-bending world, with levels designed to challenge your ideas of space.
Discover a portal to the mysterious Warp Zone, and reveal the truth behind the Dark Stranger.
p.s. Our trailer music is 'Please Listen Carefully' by the uber-talented Jahzzar: http://betterwithmusic.com/
my granddad came home from the war a changed man. he was bitter, quick to anger and aggressive. he'd grown to hate animals too. should a dog yap, he'd rush to kick it.
how does one discuss such a person without being exploitative? perhaps we frame him as a product of external forces, a war perhaps, in effect making him blameless. I like to remember him with the aphorism, "you can't kick every barking dog."
Dujanah is a clay-punk adventure game by Jack King-Spooner.Features:
- Full colour
- Interactive menu
- Bosses and enemies
- Sophisticated Mode7 & effects
- Lots of noise
- Battery-backed memory saves the extraordinary progress of our young heroine
- Excellent fun for one player
"Get ready for the ride of your life"
45. A Wizard's Lizard: Soul Thief
A hardcore rogue-lite action RPG where you possess and play as monsters. Narrowly avoid death as you explore challenging, ever-changing dungeons, and possess any body you can to survive!
You wake up with no memory. Your day is starting off great!Nepenthe is a hand-drawn RPG with a terrible sense of humor. Set in the strange world of Carithia, you play as a mysterious bald dude who lost his memory. Yes, you read that right. Meet some very polite monsters, and battle both them and your sense of self-dignity in epic bullet-hell fight scenes.Definitely not a potato in a trench coatSporting a childish hand-drawn art style, Nepenthe is sure to either make you love it at first glance, or throw your computer away. The developer of Nepenthe takes no responsibility for such actions, and recommends drinking chamomile tea. “It’s really soothing,” he says. “You should really try it one day,” he says. “What was I talking about?” He asks. There is an awkward pause.designed for non-psychopaths, mostlyWith three different endings, and countless side-quests, Nepenthe is designed for ultimate replayability. This can get quite annoying if you need to share a computer with someone else. Trust me. Almost every monster can be spared, for added challenge and less violence. They can also be killed - don’t worry, you psychopaths! If you enjoy dad-jokes or Chinese water torture, Nepenthe is for you.Nepenthe is designed for both casual and hardcore gamers alike.
- Explore two modes: "Adventure" or "Story," to find the play-style that best suits you.
- "Adventure" mode is a bullet-hell extravaganza, with ever increasing difficulty as the game progresses.
- "Story" mode's battles are easy one-click things, designed for those who just want the story, not the gameplay.
- Enjoy stunning hand-drawn art along the way
Join us, as we stare into the Orb together.Music
- David Firth as Stegosaurus Trap: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM3KF1ICooi4AYK-_4puQYA
- Pipe Choir III: http://www.pipechoir.com/p-c-iii-music.html
- Incompetech: https://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/music.html
- Marcel Pequel: http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Marcel_Pequel/
- Discord: https://discord.gg/Zbfy899
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/YitziLitt
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nepenthe/
Crush monsters and get loots in the classic turn-based style of deep dungeons and high adventure! Serious gameplay surrounded by a light-hearted atmosphere, designed to evoke the feel of history's great RPGs and dice-slinging adventures around the tabletop.
- True roguelike adventure: turn-based, tough but fair, countless combat options.
- More than 75 unique player abilities.
- 12 different styles of Dungeons and Battlefields with more on the way.
- Six class archetypes to mix and match.
- 50+ enemies, including the fearsome Triger!
- The Dungeonmans Academy, your home base that grows with each play.
- A world-class soundtrack brimming with music straight from the era of RPG classics.
In an untamed wilderness, where civilization lives in the shadow of fearsome beasts and lawless villainy, the only light against the darkness are the courageous Dungeonmens! With cunning minds, mighty thews and iron wills, these great heroes and heroines are dedicated toward exploring the unknown, taming the wild, and crushing the fiercest of beasts.
Adventure begins at the Dungeonmans Academy, an ever-growing bastion of learning that expands and evolves based on the efforts of its graduates. As heroes return from their journeys burdened by giant piles of precious loot and ancient wisdom, the Academy grows and future graduates are able to take advantage of this knowledge, starting with a leg up on their quest to avenge the bold graduates who fell in previous battles.
The vast overworld teems with adventure! There are indeed dungeons deep and plentiful, but also dripping swamps, deathless crypts, huddled warrens, forest camps of bandits and highwaymen, ancient towers ruled by powerful despots, and even more terrible dangers waiting in the darkest shadows. A Dungeonmans rises to the challenge with a healthy mix of Skills and Masteries, fighting up close, at range, with steel and spell alike. Unfettered by "class restrictions", a Dungeonmans chooses the right tools for the battles ahead.
48. Chosen 2
Chosen 2 is a heroic RPG sequel to Chosen.
After defeating Akuma, Edge is left behind in a chaotic underworld. Left to wonder if Edge is alive or dead, Edge's companions Serenity, Misty, and Trinity fear the worst has happened.
Edge awakens in the underworld lost and alone. While exploring a way to escape, Edge hears a voice of his past and discovers his mother's spirit Ayaka. Together with their trusted maiden Sakae, Edge and his mother try to find his lost father's spirit in the hope of helping Edge escape.
During this investigation, Edge's party will uncover a dangerous plot by the lords of the underworld to take over the world above.
Will you be able to stop the plot to take over the world and find your father? Will the Chosen survive?
Meadowland is, in its core, a story. It is a story of dreams, magic and places far away. It is also an interactive poem, and a slow-paced experience in ambient delight. Explore a world, and enjoy the sights and sounds of it as you do.
In Meadowland you take the role of a faerie, and you are free to explore the world as you see fit, in any pace you deem necessary. As you explore the landscape you will come across magic, secrets, people, and hopefully, a purpose. The point of the game is relax and enjoy the experience provided. Let yourself be immersed, and take the time you need to see everything.
50. Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass
Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass is a Japanese-style RPG made by a guy from Texas. It was very much influenced by SNES-era jRPGs, particularly Earthbound, Final Fantasy 5, and the Breath of Fire series, among others. It was also heavily influenced by Yume Nikki.
The game takes place in the dream of an eight-year-old boy. When an alien entity appears and threatens his family and the stability of the dream world itself, Jimmy sets out on an adventure to save his family and eradicate the threat of the Pulsating Mass. Along the way, Jimmy will have to work with his family, confront his own shortcomings, and brave the creeping nightmares of his subconscious.
-Full-length Japanese-style RPG.
-Classic turn-based combat with some modern sensibilities.
-A big emphasis on exploration.
-As an empathetic kid, Jimmy gains the ability to imagine himself as several of the monsters he meets, allowing him to interact with the world in new ways.
-These different transformations can also be leveled up, granting Jimmy higher stats and new abilities.
-A story for adults delivered from the perspective of a child.