The best games like Not A Hero are:
- arrow_rightStardew Valley
- arrow_rightRogue Legacy
- arrow_rightGuacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
- arrow_rightNight in the Woods
- arrow_rightGeometry Dash
100 Best Games Like Not A Hero:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (18)
- PlayStation 4 (24)
- iOS (47)
- Android (23)
- macOS (83)
- Linux (44)
- Nintendo Switch (28)
- Nintendo 3DS (9)
- Nintendo DS (3)
- Xbox 360 (7)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (6)
- PlayStation (6)
- PS Vita (7)
- PSP (2)
- Wii U (7)
- Wii (10)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- Game Boy Color (3)
- Game Boy (3)
- SNES (7)
- NES (5)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Apple II (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (12)
- Atari 5200 (1)
- Atari 2600 (3)
- Atari 8-bit (1)
- Atari ST (4)
- Genesis (7)
- SEGA Saturn (2)
- SEGA CD (3)
- SEGA Master System (3)
- Dreamcast (1)
- Game Gear (3)
- Web (2)
1. Stardew Valley
The hero (in the beginning you can choose gender, name and appearance) - an office worker who inherited an abandoned farm. The landscape of the farm can also be selected. For example, you can decide whether there will be a river nearby for fishing.
The farm area needs to be cleared, and it will take time.
The hero has many different activities: plant and care for plants, raise livestock, practice crafts, extract ore, and also enter into relationships with residents of the neighbouring town to earn game money. Relationships with characters include communication, performing tasks for money, exchanging, searching for fossils and even military actions and marrying. The character is limited by the reserve of strength and health - both parameters are visible on the screen, and the game automatically puts the hero to rest if the limit of his capabilities is close. The game does not set any ultimate or primary goal, its many possibilities are designed for an unlimited time.
2. Rogue Legacy
The game begins in the castle, in which the heroes are "settled", there are also important things for the game, money and useful qualities. Much can be bought outside the castle.
You meet not only enemies but also other characters with whom interaction is possible. The smith can sell weapons and armour, and the gipsy can sell different magic things. A meeting with an architect can help with the exploration and reconstruction of the castle. The study of the castle promises useful finds. Among other spaces of the game are a forest, a dungeon and a tower.
At the disposal of the player, there is a book in which all the messages encountered during the game are collected. Messages inform us about what is there and what is happening.
The map is always generated anew and randomly, and the hero always dies at the end of the game, but all of his money is saved, and they can improve the character of the new game. The gameplay consists of searching and developing strengths and things, battling with opponents and finally - killing the main boss.
3. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Guacamelee! is strongly inspired by colorful Mexican aesthetics and folklore. Your protagonist, Juan Aguacate, used to be a regular farmer until one day he found a magic mask of a Luchador, that is, a Mexican wrestler. His mission is to save El Presidente's daughter who was captured by evil Carlos Calaca. The villain wants her as a sacrifice to open the gates to the World of the Dead. In a cooperative mode, Juan is aided by female luchador Tostada.
Despite being a traditional Metroidvania platformer, Guacamelee! is also, surprisingly, an open-world game. You can go in any direction in this 2D world. For example, if you climb down, this counts as going south on the map. Action in Guacamelee! is inspired by fighting games like Mortal Kombat, and the controls are very responsive. The monsters are varied and very Mexican: they include traditional Dia de Los Muertos skeletons, feral armadillos, and evil cacti.
The Super Turbo Championship Edition adds several new features, such as Intenso mode that makes your characters way stronger for a short amount of time. Health bars above your opponents' heads are introduced. This edition also features new enemies, levels, and even a new boss in this edition.
4. Night in the Woods
Night in the Woods is a quest game developed by Infinite Fall.
Night in the Woods takes place in a universe of anthropomorphic animals. A cat named May returns back to her hometown of Possum Springs because of a dissociative disorder that does not let her recognize other people something other than rectangular shapes. May had dropped out of college and she does not know what to do with her life yet. She got back into the town to hang out with her old friends or simply walk around the town and meet the people she knew in her childhood, yet this childhood world is no more. The city's residents start talking about something happening in the nearby forest. May gets her friends together and goes out to figure out what's going on.
The game explores the typical teenage problems in a common environment, as stated by the game's developers.
The main objective of the game is to explore the in-game world. May can run, jump, and interact with both other characters and the in-game objects. As stated by the developers, the key actions the player should take are to explore, converse, see and touch. The game focuses mostly on its narrative, rather on the gameplay experience.
While talking to other characters, the players can choose the line for May to reply with. Your replies will affect the game's story, yet the change will be minor.
Categories in common with Night in the Woods: Adventure
VVVVVV is a 2D platformer designed in retro style. You play as Captain Viridian, the fearless leader of the team of conquerors of the dimension. And unexpectedly you crash and lose touch with each other. You will have to explore the world in which you are trapped and find your partners. You have the opportunity to plunge into the atmosphere of old-school accompanied by a great soundtrack.
VVVVVV uses elementary mechanics, which does not allow to make a jump action, but you can flip the gravity. The whole gameplay consists of exciting tests built on this, in a sense, a unique mechanism.
The game is designed so that there are no artificial techniques that inhibit your passage. The game has no interactive objects, such as a lever, so as not to delay you on the way to the primary task - to save their partners.
This is an open world game where the story depends on the player and his actions. Some events will happen regardless of the player's choice.
6. Geometry Dash
Jump and fly your way through danger in this rhythm-based action platformer!
Prepare for a near impossible challenge in the world of Geometry Dash. Push your skills to the limit as you jump, fly and flip your way through dangerous passages and spiky obstacles.Game Features
- Rhythm-based Action Platforming!
- Lots of levels with unique soundtracks!
- Build and share your own levels using the level editor!
- Thousands of high quality user generated levels!
- Unlock new icons and colors to customize your character!
- Fly rockets, flip gravity and much more!
- Use practice mode to sharpen your skills!
- Lots of achievements and rewards!
- Challenge yourself with the near impossible!
- Steam users get two exclusive unlockable icons!
Crawl is 2D rogue-like game with beat em’ up elements and heavy emphasis on local multiplayer.
In Crawl, up to four players or bots explore randomly generated dungeons. One player controls the hero while the other three are spirits.
The goal of each run is to reach the exit, slay the final boss and escape from the dungeon. However, the only hero can do that. Killing hero as a spirit swaps roles and makes you hero giving you a chance to win.
The spirits cannot attack directly but can possess monsters in traps scattered throughout the dungeon. The monsters differ in strength, health, speed, attacks, and abilities. Each player can advance by leveling up and getting new gear. Leveling up increases your stats and unlock new attacks and abilities. Spirits can also level up unlocking new monsters and objects to possess. The weapons and magical items can be found in the dungeon or bought from merchants. There are 25 types of weapons in the game that vary in stats and attack types.
Additionally, each weapon can have one of 27 properties that can affect weapons damage, attack speed, give a chance to perform an elemental strike, or shot projectile. The maximum level in the game is ten after which the hero can face the dungeon boss. Other players must kill the hero by cooperatively controlling parts of the boss.
Claire is alone, lost, and hunted. The world has quickly becomes shrouded in darkness with unseen threats stalking Claire from the shadows. Aided by her dog and armed only with a flashlight, Claire must conquer her fear and find her comatose mother. However, there are others lost in the darkness seeking salvation. Claire must decide who she is going to save. With every choice she'll begin to discover who she really is and whether she deserves to be saved herself.
-Play as Claire and explore multiple levels accompanied by your dog, Anubis.
- Use a lighter or a mouse-controlled flashlight to explore an increasingly dark world.
-Contend with the panic system, a system that increases the scariness of the environment as fear tightens its grip on Claire.
-Fight back Claire’s fear and stay alert with items scavenged from the dark corners of the world.
-Find others lost in the darkness, help them and decide to save them or leave them be.
-Multiple endings determined by plot choices and interactions with the others.
-Multiple difficulty settings, including “Nightmare” where Claire can literally be scared to death.
-New Game + allows you to keep your items and ramp up the difficulty.
9. Crossing Souls
It’s 1986 in California. A group of friends discover a mysterious pink stone that allows to travel between two realms. This gang will live the summer of their lives in an adventure that will get them involved in a government conspiracy. Control five kids with specials skills while fighting and solving puzzles in order to save their families and the world.
Crossing Souls is an action-adventure with RPG touches set in a pixeled California. Control five characters: Chris, Matt, Charlie, Big Joe and Kevin. Each one has unique skills and their own combat style. Fight in real-time combats, solve diverse puzzles, beat powerful bosses and play special levels inspired by 80’s arcade videogames. As the game progresses you can unlock new items and abilities that will be helpful for this world-saving adventure. Fights and puzzles will become more difficult, so you’d better have a well-planned strategy.
Feel the eighties - Do you feel that? Do you smell that? Yeah, it's the eighties. A story set in 1986 full of references such as The Goonies, Gremlins, Back to the Future and many more.
Do you like Cartoons? - The cutscenes are inspired by 80's cartoons, totally original and never seen before in a videogame.
Why is this happening? - Be part of a journey between two realms, two realities: life and death. The story includes a government conspiracy, thousand-year-old characters, cowboys, pirates, ice cream, pizza, cheeseburgers, basketball… well, you got it.
This music rocks! - An original score that includes tracks inspired by John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith as well as radical Synth-Pop in the purest 80’s style. Play as if it was one of your favorite movies!
Ready? Fight! - You can kick multiple enemies in the ass stylishly. Fight against street gangs, a secret army, dead monsters, creepy ghosts and many more in frantic real-time combats where a good strategy will be essential to win. Main characters have unique talents and aptitudes.
10. Bloodbath Kavkaz
DESCRIPTIONBloodbath Kavkaz is an action-packed Top-Down Action based around russian culture, telling the story of Caucasian ex-killer named Shamil Rakhmanov. After a car crash Shamil gets in the hands of a mysterious stranger, who offers him a deal he can't refuse. Shamil must find and kill the leader of Moscow criminal syndicate, who is called Jafar, before the sunrise, or else he will die. Being desperate, Shamil starts his blood-filled way into the depths of Moscow night, where he will meet all the horrors of russian modern culture and solve the great conspiracy.
Violent shootouts, slo-mo, thrilling non-linear story and stale shawarma – all of that await you in Bloodbath Kavkaz. Drink yazhka, break doors down, kill the unfaithful, nothing stops you in that game.FEATURES
- Maymays - The game has countless of references to the modern media-culture.
- Awesome soundtrack – a mix of 80's techno and azerbaijani lezghinka will not leave you disappointed.
- Dynamic gunplay – camera is always moving in combat. Various visual effects also help to feel the dynamic of the game.
- Slow-motion will allow you to look at every detail in the heat of combat.
- Hardcore gameplay – Bloodbath Kavkaz is a real challenge for an unprepared player.
- Thrilling and non-linear plot – extraordinary story about ex-killer who is forced to return to his job to save his life, as well as lives of many Moscow citizens.
- Spectacular design – retro-styled graphics inspired by the nostalgia for 2000's games.
- Interactivity – you would find a lot of usable objects and side-NPCs whom you can interact with.
- Various combat styles – you can kill lots of enemies with a single shot in an explosive barrel, or you can destroy a pipe with hot water to stun enemies near it, or you can break a switchboard which will turn the lights off, so the enemy will be completely disoriented, or you can just run and break through doors with what's left of your enemies. Possibilities are endless.
- Level editor – you can create any game location by yourself.
11. Bionic Dues
Bionic Dues is a futuristic game where you have to prepare your defenses before the rise of the machines.
The game is set somewhere in the future, just a few weeks before a robots' rebellion. Rogue machines are about to wipe out a city of 12 million people. The defenders have only 50 days left to prepare before the final battle begins. The protagonist is a pilot who drives Exos, the game's equivalent of mechas.
The player controls a group of four Exos. Their movements and attacks are turn-based. During the 50-days period, the player has to gather details and HPs to upgrade his or her Exos, explore the map, prepare defenses, and set traps. On the final day, the player's preparations will be tested by the enemy invasion. Preparation is everything in this game. Stealth and tactical use of the environment are also important since Exos often cannot withstand against a horde of enemies in an open battle.
Like many roguelike games, Bionic Dues is unforgiving. It uses trial and error gameplay model so that the player usually has to fail many times before he or she can succeed. However, there are six difficulty levels that make it more tolerable for less experienced players.
Bionic Dues' visuals are minimalistic, cold and "robotic", complete with "mechanical" voices and high-tech unit design. It presents the player with a top-down view of the map that looks almost like a circuit board.
12. Blackwell Convergence
A new film opens to rave reviews, despite its bloody history. A beautiful uptown office remains unoccupied, despite its prime location. A downtown artist berates himself for selling out, while a Wall Street investor congratulates himself on a job well done. Just normal life in the big city? Or is somthing more sinister binding these events together Bizarre connections are a dime a dozen for the Blackwell family, but just how far back to they go? Medium Rosa Blackwell and her spirit guide Joey Mallone are about to find out.
Halfway is a turn-based strategy RPG taking place a few hundred years into the future. Humanity has begun to colonise new worlds and until now, they were alone…
In Halfway you take control of a small team of survivors faced with a violent invasion onboard the colonial vessel Goliath. As their leader you will guide them through the dark and cramped corridors of the ship to slowly take back control.
If you have any hope of surviving, you’ll have to fight, face your fears and outsmart the enemy!
- Tactical turn-based battles are at the core of Halfway. Use cover, position, equipment and skills to your advantage in your battles.
- Unique characters: Your team is formed of unique characters you pick up along the way. Each one of them brings their own story, skills and experiences to the journey.
- Find yourself in the middle of an engrossing story-line. Step by step you’ll uncover the mysterious events that took place and what it means for you and all of humanity.
- Immerse yourself in 10-14 hours of gameplay in a beautiful pixel art environment with a lovely atmospheric soundtrack by Gavin Harrison
- Modding: Map Editor and full Steam Workshop support for your own custom campaigns and missions
14. Shattered Haven
An Environmental Puzzle Game About Family, Grit, and Survival.
Grays roam the land, largely in the absence of human interference. These aren't your typical Zed -- theirs is a very different sort of apocalypse. Animals spontaneously transform into twisted, violent beings. The earth decays, collapsing into a network of abysses. The wilderness thickens.
It has been nine years since That Day when it all started. Pockets of humanity still exist, but are ignorant of one another. Within these isolated havens people try to live as best they can -- for even in a world so broken and dark, daily life must go on.
Darrell and Mary Williams were able to build such a life inside a five-acre fenced yard out in the country. They were even secure enough in their isolated compound that they had a daughter five years after the zombie-like grays appeared.
Life carried on as normally as it could, until another refugee on the run is killed during a nearby attack. Her son is saved and taken in by the Williamses -- who do not realize that this kind action will destroy their home and threaten their entire family. They find themselves caught in the midst of a struggle between two eldritch horrors, and the path to survival is anything but clear.Key Features
- Solve environmental puzzles under pressure. Figure out how to use the tools, traps, and weapons in each level to clear all the Grays.
- Nearly 100 hand-crafted levels with multiple difficulty levels ranging between casual and hardcore, developed end to end by two experienced adventure level designers.
- Complete bonus objectives for higher scores and gold markers.
- Follow the story of Darrell and Mary as they try to save their family from a new and unexpected threat through in-game storytelling and painted-style cutscenes.
- Guide different members of the Williams family through branching story paths that result in one of several endings. Depending on your actions, the story may end very poorly, happily, or anywhere in between.
- Music and sound by composer Pablo Vega provides a chilling atmosphere for players to experience.
- Included level editor: The same editor used to make the main adventure will let you make your own levels, cutscenes, or even entire adventures.
- Local 2-player co-op. Using two gamepads, two players on the keyboard, or any combination of the above.
15. Ghost 1.0
"Ghost" is a metroidvania where two super hackers hire a mysterious agent in order to infiltrate the Nakamura Space Station and steal the greatest electronic secret ever. Of course, the space station will defend itself, which is where the fun begins: the station's defences, with their never-ending arsenal of weapons and artifacts, will have to be destroyed. But the story gets more complicated when the hackers find out about their agent's hidden ties...
WEAPONS: Weapons reload on the go and they never run out of bullets. No need to hoard ammo for the boss battle! The various weapons can be found or purchased (depending on the game mode) and each one has its strengths and weaknesses.
GHOST: The protagonist is not the android you see, but the being that remotely controls it: a mysterious digital ghost that can leave its robot chassis, pass through doors and walls, control enemy androids, and use their own tools against them. What happens if the robot you control gets destroyed, you ask? Then your ghost will be free to control something else, or return to your main body.
UPGRADES: You can have as many as you can collect. The upgrades are passive, so they work without needing any special controls, and they don't run out or deactivate. They come in a large assortment, from aggressive drones to bullet improvements. Remember that the more you get, the more OP you are.
ITEMS: Devices you can use at any time. High-tech equivalents to potions and scrolls.
GEEKIES: Spread throughout the game are hidden "geekies". If you find one and activate it, something related to that geekie will change in the game (not affecting gameplay)... and the challenge is to find out what changes. I know, it sounds silly, but some of them are funny.
SECRETS: 200 rooms have secrets in them that can be revealed by performing a specific action. If you find a secret, you're rewarded with a small permanent powerup that will make your character more powerful. In addition, finding all of the secrets in each level will reward you with something very special.
MAP: The whole map has around 300 rooms, divided into zones. Each zone has its own enemies, its own ambience, its own soundtrack, and, of course, its own boss.
STORY: The story is not to save the world, but rather to go on an intruiging journey wrought with humor. Not to mention all the dialogues and cinematics, all voiced in English.
GAME MODES: Ghost has 2 game modes: "classic" and "survival". Classic is similar to a metroidvania, where the more you advance through the game, the more stuff you obtain and the harder the enemies become. Survival is crazier, as you get stuff much faster and you'll soon turn into a killing machine, but you lose everything when you die.
SKILL TREE: The RPG component of the game is found in the skill tree, where you can spend skill points to level up characters, obtaining special skills for each one. Depending on what skills you select, your gameplay will change in an interesting way.
And the rest is a mystery, one that I shouldn't spoil... you'll just have to discover the rest on your own.
16. The Shivah
Russell Stone is a Jewish Rabbi at a poor synagogue in New York City. He is a devout man with a problem. Membership is way down and he lacks the funds to keep his synagogue open. Things are looking very bleak, and he has grown progressively more cynical and bitter with the passage of time.
Just as he is on the verge of packing it all in, he receives some interesting news. A former member of his congregation has died and left the Rabbi a significant amount of money. A blessing? Or the start of something far more sinister? Can Rabbi Stone just accept the money and move on? His conscience says no. Step into his shoes as he travels all over Manhattan in his attempt to uncover the truth.
Features rabbinical conversation methods, a unique method of fighting, an original score, and three different endings!
17. The Darkside Detective
Where cultists crawl, where demons dwell, where the occult… occults? *ahem* That's where you’ll find Detective Francis McQueen, the lead investigator of the criminally underfunded Darkside Division. When evil darkens the doorsteps of Twin Lakes City – hell, even when it just loiters around shop fronts or hangs out in shady alleyways – he’s there, ready to investigate the cases that nobody else will.
He is The Darkside Detective.
The Darkside Detective is a micro-adventure game with a distinct sense of humour. It’s being developed for PC & Mac, and consists of a series of humorous bite-size investigations into the occult and extraordinary. It features:
- 6 cases, each more spooky than the last
- Music from Ben Prunty, the audiomancer behind gems such as FTL and Gravity Ghost
- At least three jokes
- Cutting edge, high definition pixels
- One free curse-removal, up to and including mid-level witch hexes
18. Party Hard 2
You don't get your Christmas bonus and the only logical thing to do is go on a rampage at an Office Holiday Party. Welcome to Party Hard 2, the Stealth Strategy game you've been waiting for! With a brand new engine and art-style, Party Hard 2 expands Hitman-style gameplay of the original game with brand new features.
Some of the upcoming new gameplay features:
- Take out multiple targets at the same time with a powerful Multi-Kill ability
- Scan the room for useful objects and targets with Party Vision
- You can now pickup up to 3 extra items in your inventory. Why not light up the dance floor with a gas canister?
The game is currently in Alpha 1 stage, follow the game's development right here, click that FOLLOW button under the trailer!
If you like roguelikes or Mega Man, 20XX is for you!
20XX is a roguelike action platformer that you can play with a friend. Jump and shoot your way through ever-changing levels, collect awesome new powers, and battle mighty bosses in the name of saving the human race maybe!
20XX also features full co-op. Play with a friend on the couch or over the interwebs!
20XX supports 1-2 players locally or online via Steam. (Online play is 90% stable at this time.)
Crisp, precise controls - do exactly what you want your character to!
Over 100 mighty powerups to collect!
Tons of different play modes and optional difficulty modifiers!
Seeded Daily and Weekly Challenges!
All gameplay features available in both single player and co-op! (online or local)
Random levels: each time you play 20XX, the stages you play through will be brand new!
Permanent death: each 20XX playthrough is a self-contained life! Death sends you back to HQ, where you can buy powerful upgrades for future runs. (There's also a Reverent Mode where you get three lives to make it through the game instead of one.)
Persistent Upgrades: as you play 20XX, you'll earn Soul Chips, which unlock powerful Permanent Upgrades and expand the pool of items that can you can find as you play!
20. The Curious Expedition
Curious Expedition is a roguelike expedition simulation set in the late 19th century. Together with famous personalities you will venture on unprecedented expeditions to regions never explored before for fame, science and treasures. Put on your pith helmet and khakis and make your way through a lush, procedurally generated world full of wonder and mystery. Now go explore, adventure awaits!Gameplay overview
- Experience your very own adventure through a procedural story which makes every game unique.
- Explore procedurally generated worlds, each with its own distinctive set of challenges for the ambitious explorer.
- Plan and equip your trek. A good explorer is prepared for any eventuality.
- Manage your resources to keep your trek alive and sanity high. Balance your needs with the desire to carry all that precious treasure back home.
- Visit and interact with the land’s natives. Enter villages, trade and communicate with local tribes and civilizations that are unknown to mankind.
- Loot mysterious temple ruins to gain fame and treasures, but watch out for deadly traps and curses that will compromise your trek and the world around you.
- Equip and utilize miraculous treasures to gain advantages, but be wary of unforeseeable side effects.
- Fight and defend your trek against a wide range of wild animals, mystical creatures and even dinosaurs.
21. Odallus: The Dark Call
The old gods have forgotten this land. No one could save our people when darkness started spreading and collecting human souls for its army.
Odallus is a classic exploration/action game, inspired by Ghosts’n Goblins, Demon’s Crest and Castlevania. Player takes place of Haggis, a warrior tired of fight who must wield his sword once more to rescue his son from Darkness.
Original Sound Track: http://serenati.bandcamp.com/releases
- Eight levels open to exploration
- Huge bosses
- Sharp controls
- Rad 8-bit graphics
- Thrilling atmosphere
- 8+ hours of gameplay
- 50+ types of enemies
- Veteran Mode
22. Police Stories
The game is in the development. Visuals and mechanics will be improved.
Police Stories is a novelty top-down shooter, where advanced AI of enemies, tactical elements and random occurrences create thousands of unique situations in each level. Never before the pixel game was this realistic and fun.
You’re on the side of the lawYou can’t go in guns blazing. Surprise the perps and make them surrender. Keep a close eye on those who yield and don’t forget to cuff them or you may get your back full of holes. Beat the information out of those bastards but don’t overdo that - you need them alive.
Rick Bronx, your trusted partnerKeep your fellow operative close at all times and point him in right directions - this will improve your chance of success and you will less likely be killed. Rick has wide array of special equipment: peek through doors, blast them, blind your enemies and much more.
Each time is a new timeBe careful - you will never know where the enemy will be and how he will react. It will make each playthrough of levels unique and will provide new challenges.
23. Vox Populi Vox Dei 2
The story of Vox Populi Vox Dei: Episode 2 continues where the original left off: Dr. Wolf has taken the lovely girl and tried to kill our hero, but he doesn't know just how hard that that is to accomplish.
The adventure begins with the ninja waking up inside a cave, with no clue as to what happened to his girl. When he started his mission, a long time ago, he didn't realize how big the problem was: the wolves had created an empire, the enemy is stronger that ever.
Through his path he discovers a new world that forces him to expand his journey and fight not just on the ground. Dr. Wolf's army is waiting for him, the ninja must pass different challenges without hesitation, but little does he know of what awaits him next.
- New improved graphics
- Boss fights
- Original soundtrack
- Ingame/Not Ingame Cinematics
- More blood that ever
- Multiple ways of dying
- +50 Levels
- Different game mechanics
- Steam achievements
- Xbox-360 Gamepad Support
24. Rocketbirds 2 Evolution
The “most interesting chicken in the world” is back in his first sequel Rocketbirds 2: Evolution, where Hardboiled Chicken gets entangled in a mysterious and sinister penguin plot in “Part 1: The Cockup”. Meanwhile, the pint sized budgie commandos are forming a strike force of great magnitude in “Part 2: The Rescue”, where players need to rescue and recruit hostages from deep behind enemy lines. Both parts can be played in or out of order, but converge to complete the full Evolution story.
Players will engage in nuanced, side-scrolling, shooter action as they face an assortment of evil penguins, space owls and other fowl creatures while strapping on jetpacks and wielding new, powerful weapons of ‘de-clucktion.’
Key features of Rocketbirds 2: Evolution include:
• Cinematic platforming, action-adventure game with light puzzle elements and Jetpacks in Part 1: The Cockup
• Over 100 upgradeable weapons, costumes and stackable characters to unlock in procedurally generated missions in Part 2: The Rescue
• Part 2 also features 1 - 4 player online / offline / drop-in / drop-out cooperative features and a PvP mini game
• Original soundtrack by New World Revolution
25. Dark Void Zero
Rise On! After 20 years, the legendary lost project "Dark Void" is back! To commemorate the game's humble origins, Capcom has commissioned the recreation of the original 8-bit classic, now re-titled "Dark Void Zero". In this critically acclaimed 8-bit de-make, you play as Rusty, warrior test-pilot and Nikola Tesla's trusted friend. With the help of your state-of-the-art rocket pack, blast through three deliciously retro levels of baddies in your quest to close Portal X and save the human race!
Dark Void Zero on PC is packed with all new online features! Get rewarded for your skills with Achievements via Steam. Connect with Friends. Compete to be the best on the block or the best in the world in the Score and Speed Runs in the all-new Online Leaderboards!
Experience two all-new alternate endings! Only the best of the best will survive to see them!
And don't forget! Like its parent game, Dark Void Zero features an award-worthy soundtrack created and performed by famed Battlestar Galactica composer Bear McCreary.
Dark Void Zero on PC: The fate of the human race rests in your hands! Rise On!
- Strap on Tesla's first prototype ROCKET PACK and take control of 5 experimental weapons!
- Three levels of intense sci-fi, sidescrolling action!
- ONLINE LEADERBOARDS: Top scores! Speed runs! Can you be the best?
- ACHIEVEMENTS: Hone your skills and score bragging rights with Steam achievements! 30 achievements will rate your skill, speed, and stamina.
- FRIENDS: Add your Steam friends and compete for top honors!
- PC ALTERNATE ENDINGS: What's this? Two brand-new never-before-seen endings? Only the best of the best will survive to see them!
- RETRO: 8-bit graphics and "De-Mastered" Dark Void Zero score by Bear McCreary!
- GAMEPAD Support: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows supported. (Generic gamepads with analog sticks may also work, though are not officially supported.)
26. Mega Coin Squad
Tackle 16 levels in the solo quest for the Mega Coins in this manic 2D platformer from Big Pixel Studios and Adult Swim Games. Or invite your friends over to rob them of victory -- and their coins -- in four different local multiplayer modes.Key Features:
- Fast-paced platforming action
- Procedurally-generated levels adapt and change as you play
- Single-player campaign includes 16 levels across 4 unique worlds
- Five unique playable characters: Mikey, Stef, Chunk, Mouth and Data
- 40 upgradeable weapons and character abilities
- Simple controls, pure arcade action
- Four local multiplayer modes include Bank the Coins, Mega Coins, Hold the Rainbow, and Deathmatch
- Fully customisable local multiplayer tournaments for 2-4 players
- Quick Match mode for those who prefer to jump right in
- Lots and lots and LOTS of coins!
27. Let Them Come
Let Them Come is a fast paced pixel art shoot ‘em up. Twitchy trigger fingers and focused battle tactics are the order of the day as wave after wave of alien-like creatures try to take you down. Gameplay is simple to pick up but hard to master - only the best of the best will survive to fight another day. With a variety of alien creatures to mow down and cool weapons to do it with, stylish retro backdrops and a hard rockin’ soundtrack, Let Them Come is a fast and furious pixel style shooter on steroids
• LOADOUT CUSTOMIZATION - Upgrade and customize your arsenal as you unlock new items to take down the hordes!
• UNRELENTING ONSLAUGHT - Combat an endless stream of diverse enemies with cunning attack mechanics.
• BOOMBOX - Rock out to the music of your choice as you unleash hell fire on the enemy and collect new mixtapes as you go.
• DYNAMIC LIGHTING – Use tracer fire and explosions tactically to help target the oncoming targets in darker levels
• FEROCIOUS BOSS BATTLES - Face grim odds against terrifying boss creatures in the ultimate level showdown!
• ONLINE LEADERBOARDS – Show off your shooter prowess and boast with friends as you climb to the top of the ladder and become the best of the best!
28. The Charnel House Trilogy
A train's whistle sounds in the dead of night. Snow falls on deserted tracks. Somewhere, in the city, a woman prepares to leave on a journey that will change her life. Somewhere, in the country, a man drives to his final destination.
Witness The Charnel House Trilogy, the chronicle of one fateful night aboard a train bound for Augur Peak. Three thrilling, horrifying adventure games in one, from the depths of the Sepulchre, starring Madeleine Roux, Peter Willington, Jonathan Grier, Jim Sterling, and Ben Chandler as Grub. With art by Ivan Ulyanov and Ben Chandler, and music by Jack de Quidt, nervous_testpilot and Bryan Henderson.
A young woman prepares to depart on a journey that will take her into the very heart of darkness. But before she can leave her apartment, there are just a few loose ends she has to tie up...
Join Doctor Harold Lang on that fateful train journey that started it all. Who is the man in 2-C? What is the conductor hiding? And just what is the secret behind all the huge bags?
Alex Davenport wakes up on the train. Her travelling companion, Harold Lang, is nowhere to be found. Don, the conductor, isn't exactly being forthcoming as to what's going on. Why are Alex's friends here? Who's the ballerina? Is this a nightmare, or is Alex's hope of waking up simply a pipe dream?
From the studio that brought you Richard & Alice comes a new journey into terror.
29. Lamplight City
For police detective turned private investigator Miles Fordham, Lamplight City's shadowy corners are just part of the territory. But with his former partner constantly speaking to him from beyond the grave, his grip on sanity is slowly loosening. Can Miles find justice for his clients and track down his partner's killer before his entire world comes apart?
Lamplight City is a detective adventure set in an alternate steampunk-ish "Victorian" past.Features
- Be the detective you want to be. But prepare to face the consequences.
Investigate crime scenes, interrogate suspects, get information by any means necessary. Follow the law or make your own rules, but how you choose to act will affect people's attitudes towards you.
- Five cases to solve, with multiple suspects, false leads, and different outcomes.
Never find yourself stuck in a dead-end situation. If the case becomes unsolvable, simply move on to the next one. The story will adapt based on your choices.
- Single click interface with no inventory.
Gather clues and documents in your casebook for review. Item manipulation is handled via a context-sensitive cursor.
- A fictional city with four boroughs to explore, each with their own unique flavor.
Players will visit each of these boroughs throughout the game, exploring themes such as class divide and the public's fear of emerging steam tech.
- Inspired by the works of Edgar Allan Poe and Charles Dickens.
- Meet over 50 professionally voiced characters.
- Original score by Mark Benis
- I fostered a lifelong love for the adventure genre, culminating in a Purple Tentacle tattoo (Day of the Tentacle, duh) on my upper left arm. So I’ll be playing Lamplight City, too. Trust.
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- Overall, this game has a lot going for it, and I encourage you to check it out even if you’re not an adventure game buff.
- Hey Poor Player
- Featuring a crisp pixel art style and steampunk influences, Lamplight City is certainly a game that catches the eye.
30. Terrian Saga: KR-17
Within the galaxy on the Carina arm live twin solar systems riddled with conflict: the Terrius system and his brother, the Cyrinus system. These two empires travel so closely together they share multiple planets within their gravitational complex. However, the Cyrians have become embroiled in an interplanetary conflict with the Glortac People’s Resistance. Terrius has begun building military installations in order to better help combat the threat of the GPR. One of these bases, built on the planet Valiant, has been sabotaged. A terrorist has released thousands of killer robots on the Valiant base, destroying all personnel. The Terrius military has determined that this terrorist may have contacts with the GPR. Due to the risk of one of their most powerful military installations and armory falling into the hands of the GPR, Terrius has sent a strike force of 100 advanced KR drones to destroy these evil robots and restore order to the base- all before Valiant makes it’s swing into the Cyrinus system.Features
- Adventure across 65 boards spread over 9 themed zones
- Test your mettle against 8 deadly bosses
- Fire and guide J1M to take out hard to reach enemies, blast open new passages and explore
- Receive important updates and explore the relationship between KR-17 and J1M with in-level dialogue
- Collect Gears, find hidden jetpacks, and race the clock to climb the Steam leaderboards
- Experience varied level design: play through non-linear levels that encourage exploration, along with high intensity action platforming sequences
- Earn Steam Achievements that unlock alterations to your character
31. Life of Pixel
Life of Pixel - 13 Game Machines in 1 Epic Adventure Game!
Journey across the expertly-recreated worlds of more than a dozen vintage gaming systems, from Commodore 64 to Gameboy to Snes! Life of Pixel takes you on a historical tour-de-force across the rich landscape of 8-bit and 16-bit gaming.
Chock-full of tricks & traps, double jump challenges, gravity inversion, special power-ups, puzzles you must vanquish the enemy pixels and bosses who try to thwart you throughout your quest. Life of Pixel will show you the coolness of video gaming and the history of where it all began and how it evolved.GAME FEATURES:
Inspired by the 8 & 16-bit Eras
Take a journey with the wizened Professor Pixel and revisit the golden age of gaming. Featuring a massive variety of beautiful pixel art from classic 8 & 16-bit game systems, such as Amiga, SNES, Mega Drive, Commodore 64, Apple II, Game Boy, NES, Atari 2600, ZX Spectrum & Master System!
Revisit Classic Games
Look out for nudges to console classics like Mega Man, Castlevania, Zelda, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Metroid, Wonder Boy, Pitfall, Sonic & more. Revisit computer legends such as Turrican, Uridium, Jet Set Willy, James Pond, Rick Dangerous, Prince of Persia, Impossible Mission, Exile & lots more.
Loads of Secrets!
Dozens of special secrets to uncover and experience. From silly little touches through to great big mega-epic secrets! Look out for jetpacks, bubbles to fly, trampolines, hidden rooms and maps, aeroplanes, skateboards and even a Sinclair C5!
Special power-ups and equipment with levels featuring puzzles and secrets only accessible using Pixel's new found abilities. Fire pixel from a cannon, reach high areas by bouncing on a trampoline, use the Super Potion to defeat enemies, smash the baddies with the mine cart, deploy the Bomb to destroy walls and uncover hidden secrets!
Chip Music Goodness
We've worked with amazing chip musicians such as Eric Shumaker, Gavin Harrison, Rob Lynch, Ashton Morris and others to create a fantastic chip music soundtrack for the game - and not forgetting the sound effects too! All audio created with either the original hardware or VST based emulation.
Steam Leader Boards
Compete online against other players from all over the world to earn the best level completion times!
Earn your dues and show what you are made of, while honing your platforming skills.QUOTES:
Recommended by Shuhei Yoshida @YOSP
(President of Sony's Worldwide Studios)
"Really loving LIFE OF PIXEL (aka semi SUPERMEATBOY for VITA)! Playing the Atari 2600 levels is like stepping back in time!!:)"
David Jaffe @davidscottjaffe
(Video Game Designer/Director)
"Life of Pixel is brilliantly clever"
Punk and Lizard
"Life of Pixel is a likeable precision platformer with a fantastic visual style"
"Need a new game for your PS Vita? I recommend the awesome Life Of Pixel."
Categories in common with Life of Pixel: Indie
THE ULTIMATE SPELLCRAFTING/WIZARD-SECURITY-GUARD ADVENTURE
Magicmaker is a spellcrafting-focused platformer dungeon-crawler where you can be the wizard you've always wanted to be!Literally 2 Million Different Spells to CraftMagicmaker is powered by an amazing Spellcrafting system that can make nearly anything. Have you ever wanted to shoot poisonous lightning lasers? Throw freezing fireballs? Build turrets that fire waves of miniature suns? Or summon hordes of adorable jelly minions? How about firing lasers that shoot exploding black holes that suck out your enemies' life force? You can totally do that in Magicmaker.How Do I Make Exploding Laser Black Holes That Steal Souls?Or any of that other sweet stuff?!
Its super easy.
- During your adventure you'll find materials.
- Each material has a specific effect, like lifesteal, bouncing off walls, or lighting stuff on fire.
- Combine materials to make spells and robes!
- 40 different materials means there's all kinds of fun interactions and combinations to make.
What kind of wizard will you be? Probably a really cool one, I bet.The Greatest Adventure of All: Steady EmploymentListen: you're unemployed, you're three months late with the 8999 magic-dollar rent on your wizard apartment, and your highest qualification is a certificate from a 3 week cheesemaking course. If you can't find a job soon, your landlord's gonna kick you out and you'll probably have to go live in a tree or something. But don't worry too much! The World of Magic presents all kinds of opportunities, as long as you're willing to journey to the local temp agency and take whatever career the job placement spell picks for you. And you lucky soul, the job placement spell has decided you'll make an excellent Security Guard!
"A Security Guard??"
That's right! A Security Guard for the illustrious Dörwall Community College, the preeminent wizarding school of the greater Dörwall metropolitan area! Now you can enjoy the many luxuries of employment, such as a magical adventures, the quiet disdain of your co-workers, and a semi-regular paycheck!LOOK AT ALL THESE BULLETPOINTSYa'll love bulletpoints, don't ya? Well feast your eyes on these:
- Spellcrafting System that can create over 2 million combinations! I know I said that earlier, but hot dang, that's a huge number.
- Robecrafting System for passive effects! That's right, there's 2 million unique combinations here too.
- Equip special artifacts with unique powers! Check out these totes ancient and mystical relics.
- Total Wizard Customization! Just go ahead and customize the heck out of your wizard. Totally.
- Randomly Generated Levels! I mean, this is an indie game in 2014. Isn't that kind of required now?
- Charming, colorful paper-craftesque art! There are at least 6 different colors. I counted.
. . .
Okay, I lied. There's actually 2,193,360 different combinations.
33. Void And Meddler
"One step closer to the blur" she thought as she poured herself one last shot of whiskey, for the road. "Sleeping pills and alcohol, perfect cocktail to forget memories you don't even have. How funny.
One last drop, close your eyes. A dreamless sleep, and the hope, the curse of being alive in the morning, with the certitude that everyday is exactly the same.
Shouldn't it be time for me to finally chase the past I gave up a long time ago? What a strange last thought, but it's getting dark, too dark to think... Maybe... Maybe tomorrow will bring more answers..."
She fell in the majestic nothingness of the night while the singer on the old radio player was whispering his quiet prayer: "I'll take the fate the daylight brings".
Fragments and details, rainy nights and blurry lights are all VOID&MEDDLER focuses on. A single night intrusion into Fyn's life and hopes. Tired of the last two years she spent wandering without a goal and without memories, among disenchanted strangers, and pitiless scavengers, Fyn decided to put an end to all of this. She’ll have a few hours to make things right, and seek strong, pure and substantial memories. In a city where genders and species melt into each other, maybe she’ll find the long lost touch of humanity missing from her life.
The idea behind Void & Meddler was to create a game that looks like its creators, two musicians nurtured by noise rock from the 80's, synthwave, road trips and cyberpunk literature. Together, we conjured the narration, we created No Wave, we tamed the weird, we fucked in an orgy of wires, neons and white noise. Distance doesn’t corrupt anything. Amps were set aside for a while, and we dived head first into another sphere we loved, full of code, textures and pixel art.
Enjoy Void & Meddler, an indie adventure game full of fuzz literature, pixel music and analog dreams.
EPISODE 2 NOW AVAILABLE WITH THE SEASON PASS DLC.
EPISODE 3 WILL BE AVAILABLE IN 2017.
34. Running Sausage
Cheerful and hardcore ranner. You play for crackheaded sausage which wants to survive and not to get in hotdog. Set of obstacles and enemies. Different types of the equipment. Gravitation, and also a jet satchel, will help you to play a game and to get invaluable experience. Manual posing, unforgettable music and a set of levels - will brighten up your time.
Your Way To Play
An evil robot named Dron, was ordered to kidnap humans, but a young man managed to escape the clutches of Dron, his name is Aike.
Kabitis realized what had happened and decided to go after Dron and rescue the prisoners. Aike decides to join Kabitis in your search.
You can play up to two players and use gamepad.
It has about 30 stages, including bonuses and additional arenas phases that can be unlocked for the Battle Mode.
In another additional feature that can be unlocked.
During the story mode you can collect crystals, buy items from the store,
Make points, fighting enemies, Kabitis and Aike become more stronger.
You can buy bees, each has its function.
You can buy and sell time, for each phase has a timer that Dron put the exit gates.
The game has a variety of items such as the magic box.
And beware of the thorns, by touching them you get hurt or may even poison!
If something happens that you just take a little juice, but be quick.
Kabitis is a fun game that brings new challenges at every step and if you are having trouble getting somewhere
or want to achieve something that is difficult to achieve, you can use the tools of the store, such as New Platforms so you can build your own way.
36. The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight
After 256 years of peace in the lands of Antoria...
the ROSELIAN ARMY OF BATRATHYM has risen up once more to attempt to reclaim the land of ANTORIA that they lost in the 43rd War of Darkness.
Threatening to start War of Darkness 44, KING LANCELOT BARTHOLOMEW ROSELL of the ROSELIAN EMPIRE sends his beasts through the lands, corrupting and destroying everything in their path.
Refusing to hide from the incoming threat, a young recruit at the MOTOR KNIGHT ACADEMY named JOY LANTZ leaps into action!
With the power of DIVINE LIFE granted to the MOTOR KNIGHTS through their DIVINE ARMOR, and her powerful signature weapon, the hybrid motorized lance-drill BURST ARM known as the JOYLANCE, JOY refuses to let anybody stop her from saving the world-- not even the ACADEMY itself!
Allow your DIVINE ARMOR and your BURST ARM guide you to TRUE JOY!
EXTREME MOTORIZED ACTION! THE JOYLANCER: LEGENDARY MOTOR KNIGHT has a large selection of local multiplayer components, allowing up to four players to play at the same time, in almost every game mode!
Get up to three friends in the action in the MAIN GAME by giving their souls to your weakened foes!
Cooperate with your friends to complete the mysterious DARK PALACE Mode!
Battle against each other in huge skirmishes and various duels in the MOTOR COMBAT mode!
We don't want Joylancer to be just a single-player experience; our goal is to create an intense action game that can be enjoyed by yourself, with friends, or even at parties!THERE IS TRUE JOY IN LANCING!
- Over 12 different types of enemies to face, each one featuring its own strategies and special techniques!
- Extreme Motorized Multiplayer -- tag in a partner to have them take control of an enemy, OR fight with up to four players in the MOTOR COMBAT melee arenas! (Local / Offline)
- The Dark Palace -- Explore the mysterious palace containing a variety of combat challenges! Can you survive the many floors of the THE DARK PALACE?
- Revised Life Systems -- collect DIVINE TANKS to store extra life energy that saves you from peril!
- Expansive Difficulty System -- featuring a huge variety of difficulties for both casual and hardcore action aficionados!
- Tons of Player Customization Options!
- Single color action not your bag? Set the color layers to your own custom colors, or activate the colorful DX Mode!
- Set a variety of different viewing ratios and fill out the empty space with our colorful GAME JOY DX borders!
- Manually adjust what effects display on-screen, turn up / down the screen shake & hitstun slowdown, choose between multiple soundtracks, and more!
Joylancer is a game that is constantly growing and experimenting with new ideas, mechanics, and various touches that we make over development.
You can expect to see the following features to launch with the November 7th release:
- Save ANTORIA CENTER CITY, home of the MOTOR KNIGHTS, from the threat of the Roselian Army! (AREA 1)
- Make your way through the FOREST OF DECEPTION and defeat the beast corrupting the forest! (AREA 3)
- Try to conquer 50 floors of the DARK PALACE! -- Battle enemies, collect powerups, and try to survive with no continues!
- Play with up to 4 players in MOTOR COMBAT! -- Time Combat, Divine Combat, and Crystal Combat modes!
- Six difficulty modes! -- Enjoy unlimited continues, relax with generous checkpoints, or prove your skill under no continues and no retries!
- Save ANTORIA CENTER CITY, home of the MOTOR KNIGHTS, from the threat of the Roselian Army! (AREA 1)
37. Tales of the Neon Sea
Welcome to a world of intrigue and suspicion. Where humans and robots contend with escalating tensions and mutual distrust. And where gangster felines scheme their way to the top of the food chain. Welcome to the Tales of the Neon Sea!
Boasting stunningly detailed pixel art, and featuring a twisting story of mystery and suspense, Tales of the Neon Sea is an exciting new adventure from Chinese indie studio Palm Pioneer. Set in a fully realized cyberpunk cityscape, use your wits and puzzle-solving skills to determine the course of this unique tale.
Follow us on Twitter
38. MacGuffin's Curse
When fugitive magician Lucas MacGuffin bungles a museum robbery, he finds himself:
- magically bound to an ancient amulet;
- up against a city in full high-tech security lockdown; and
- suddenly dealing with the worst body hair problems he's ever had.
And with the city's most powerful billionaire after his blood, a jaded Private Investigator on his (now-literal) tail and the rent long overdue, he'll need every ounce of ingenuity he manage.
Along the way he'll need to befriend a hilarious cast of characters, convince the city its most beloved citizen is a terrifying criminal mastermind, and hardest of all, teach his daughter it isn't funny to fill the fridge with dog food.
From the award-winning indie developers behind Jolly Rover (Australian Game of the Year, 2010 Freeplay Awards), MacGuffin's Curse is a story brimming with humour, personality and heart.Key Features:
- Friendly for all players - Enjoy a quick, fun logic puzzle fix, or lose yourself in a sprawling full-length cartoon adventure.
- 150+ Puzzle Rooms - Inspired by classic top-down console adventures, these increasingly mind-bending challenges will push your logical thinking skills to the limit!
- Challenge Without Frustration - Stuck on a room? P.I. Strump is on the line to help you along (at least between thinly veiled insults) with a seamlessly integrated hint system.
- 90+ Sidequests - Meet the colourful nightlife of Feyre - a carnival city under curfew - and earn their trust with bizarre, legally questionable favours!
- Charming Hand-Drawn Art - Collect 50 lavishly-illustrated comic panels to piece together - each expanding on the scandalous secret backstories of key characters!
- Razor-Sharp Dialogue - With witty banter straight the golden age of point-and-click adventure games, you'll want to chat to every stranger and examine every park bench!
- Insanely Catchy Soundtrack - From spooky strings to acoustic gypsy power-rock, this fun, upbeat score is destined to have you humming along!
- Extensive Replay Value - Post-game challenges, hidden easter eggs, unlockable comics and developers' commentary will keep you coming back long after the credits roll.
39. The Sojourn
The Sojourn is a thought-provoking first-person puzzle game in which you traverse the parallel worlds of light and darkness in search of answers to the nature of reality.
A classic story about light and darknessYou are born into a beautiful, pure land, but everything is not as it seems. Darkness seeps through every crevice and forms the foundation of the world you live in. Open your eyes to the shadows of the world to uncover the hidden truth.Challenge and lose yourselfVenture into the enchanting world of The Sojourn and face life’s obstacles by solving dozens of unique puzzles that will challenge your perception of your own reality. Take in gorgeous environments as you delve into the game’s four chapters, each with a distinct atmosphere and style.Key featuresDozens-upon-dozens of challenging puzzles
Delve into four beautifully crafted chapters, each with their own distinct style and atmosphere
Banish the darkness in order to reveal the obstacles The Sojourn has prepared for you
Unravel a captivating tale of light, darkness, and the nature of reality
You cheerful mountain dweller, you are a proud and strong as a rock, as well as fashionable and stylish as the Gucci. Destroy all who meet on your way. Collect beautiful red shoes, buy cool weapons and urine all around. Colorful platformer with an interesting plot and not repeatable graphics.
41. The Pillage
The Pillage is about an appetite for murder. It's about killing for sport and reaping organs for reward. It drops the player in a city with only three things, a small knife, a large weapon, and a desire to take the kidneys from every human in sight. Perfect for every player, it can be played casually or strategically depending on just what the player wants from the game and every play style is rewarded.Complex IntelligenceEvery swipe of the sword and every thrust of your knife creates a complex series of responses from the complicated AI. Citizens will tell the police if they see you commit a crime and police will act on what information they provide. Gangs will leave the player alone if not messed with and attack the player or other gangs when stimulated. It gets deeper than this but past that is a secret.Procedural Generation, the Words Everybody LovesNearly everything in this game is procedural: The buildings, the sky, the ground, AI characteristics (including all physical features and mobility), gang spawns, ghosts, and a dynamic difficulty curve for police spawns.WeaponsThe player is given a small variety of weapons to choose from and to upgrade to using kidneys in the shop. Both the fast attack and the power attack weapons can be upgraded with four weapons available as of now in each category.Player UpgradesYou have the option to purchase different character abilities when you get achievements. Some of which include: more starting health, longer slow-motion, faster speed, and a few other things.LeaderboardThere is an awesome and informative leaderboard that keeps track of player scores across the world and provides a breakdown of their score!SoundThe Pillage has an amazing theme and soundtrack produced by David Sherman as well as some awesome sound effects from Vawlt.
42. Bad Bots
As Sam McRae, last surviving member of the “Titan Hauler” crew, you must hack and blast your way through an onslaught of truly bad 'bots to find a way to prevent a potential planet-destroying catastrophe. The mystery of what happened to everyone while you were in cryostasis unfolds around you as you wade through the bodies of your fallen shipmates, unloading round after round into your relentless automaton attackers.
- Explore 170 danger-filled rooms throughout the ship including the Evacuation Bay, Mechanical Shafts and Robot Workshops while the rich sci-fi story unfolds in the Campaign Mode.
- Engage in combat against more than 2000 deranged robots comprised of several unique types, all programmed to kill you.
- Face off against 7 deadly bosses, each with distinctive attacks including the fire spewing Flamebot, electrified Orbs, the lethal grip of the Spider and Jack Hammer’s brutal pistons
- Defend yourself with 8 robot bustin' weapons including your trusty Axe, Rifle, Shotgun, explosive Grenade Launcher, Pulsar Gun and more.
- Try to survive 60 seconds against an endless onslaught of especially persistent and cranky gun-toting, knife wielding robots in 3 unique rooms in Challenge Mode.
- Earn 14 challenging Achievements including “Run Amok,” “Top Dog” and “Reaper’s Friend.”
- Enjoy full Controller and Steam Big Picture support so you can partake in all the ‘bot slayin’ goodness from the comforts of your couch.
Inspired by the Italian crime flicks of the '70s revered by Quentin Tarantino, Milanoir is a pixel-packed action game set in the violent city of Milan. Come meet Piero, a convict suddenly released from prison looking for revenge over the man who framed him. Hunt for the truth and escape the ones who are chasing you through an unforgiving city. Someone wants you dead: you have to use all your toughness to survive. Shoot, choke, sneak your way through the enemies and engage them in breathtaking car chases.Features
- CRIME & VIOLENCE: A sordid story of betrayal and greediness. A homage to the Italian masterpiece crime movies of the '70s such as Caliber 9 and Almost Human. Stay alive, trust no one...
- FUNKY '70S SOUNDTRACK & AMAZING PIXEL ART GRAPHICS: Enjoy the streets of Milan from a new, high-quality pixelated perspective! Immerse yourself in a groovy '70s atmosphere!
- ARENA MODE: There's no escape from death, but more killings means more time…
- 2P LOCAL COOP MODE: The Guy in Blue joins the Guy in Red to face a common enemy.
When a little girl accidentally lands on the planet of Eden, she discovers BOOR has taken over and there are only a few survivors left. With her special ability to multiply herself, she'll help them destroy BOOR and reclaim the world.
BOOR is a 2D puzzle-platformer game created by Dazlog Studio.Features:
- More than 80 engaging hand drawn rooms to explore.
- Mind bending puzzles and beautiful scenarios to discover.
- Investigate an alluring but strange world called Eden.
- Collectibles and secrets to uncover.
- Experience the power to multiply yourself.
- OST produced by Paltian (Jacobo Cáceres) accompanies the captivating gameplay.
The game takes place in a depressed area of the megalopolis, filled to the brim with the romance of the Russian suburbs. The plot tells of the hard life of an office clerk who due to circumstances is forced to work as a loader. Without work, without a family. Without life, itself.
Only Twitter and alcohol do not give the guy to finally lay hands on oneself.
But then after long shift the colleague of the main hero hands him a magic pill of "Aspirin" that's gonna save him from all adversities and after that life of the main character changes radically ...
- Beautifully animated pixel graphics.
- Exciting and intense battles with bosses that challenge the player.
- Pleasant atmosphere filled to the brim with romance of the Russian suburbs.
- Characters impregnated with the spirit of Russian stereotypes.
- Unusual for representatives of this genre of games story will capture you completely by its versatility and contrast of dynamic and philosophical aspects.
46. League of Evil
League of Evil is an action game where you, as a bionic super agent take on the mission to defeat the League of Evil. Use your acrobatic skills to punch your way through levels filled with deadly traps and defeat your enemies. The world is counting on you!
In this new version we bring you new features such as new exclusive levels and a level editor, that will allow players to create and share their own levels! You can even share levels with players on other platforms as this function works between PC, Nintendo Wii U and 3DS.
- 140 challenging levels, divided into 4 chapters.
- Amazing level editor to make your own levels, download new ones from the community and best of all, cross-platform level sharing with Wii U and 3DS!
- Classic 8-bit style art style
- Awesome one punch decapitations!
- Rocking chiptune soundtrack.
- Super fast and challenging gameplay
- Each level has a briefcase to collect as a bonus challenge. Try to collect them all!
- Beat the levels as fast as you can to receive the highest score!
- Made in our own engine (Spiller).
- Support for QWERTY-based, Dvorak and Workman keyboard layots.
* This game will be also available on Wii U and 3DS soon.
47. After The End: The Harvest
Humanity has all but disappeared from its original planet and home, with only its remnants remaining loosely scattered across the universe. Those who were not worthy did not graduate the cycle. By chance encounter with an intelligent being, you begin your journey to unravel the great mystery of the universe itself.
After The End: The Harvest is an expansive open-universe RPG with the classic look and feel of a classic action adventure game. Be prepared to spend dozens of hours in this game collecting items, capturing and training creatures, hunting for achievements, and exploring derelict planets.
- A unique & non-linear story-driven experience
- Combines open-world game elements and classic RPG aesthetics
- Action RPG Combat with Rune/Socketing system
- 100+ weapons,armors and spells
- Plenty of unique planets to discover, towns to explore and secrets to unearth
- Over 100 unique monsters to catch, train, and battle
- A plethora of side quests to explore
- Two Modes with varying difficulty levels (Story Mode, Adventure Mode)
- Two endings to discover
- New Game+
- Real-time spaceship combat
48. Painters Guild
Painters Guild is a management sim where you control an art academy in the Italian Renaissance.
- Paint artwork as beautiful as the Mona Lisa.
- Hire painters like Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo and millions of randomly generated artists.
- Expand your guild and customize it with furniture and other options.
- Play in 3 different cities: Florence, Venice and Rome.
49. Devious Dungeon 2
Devious Dungeon 2 is a medieval action platforming game by the creators of Random Heroes and League of Evil!
It is said that great adventures await behind the walls of this dark castle. The castles ever shifting halls are filled with deadly monsters! Treacherous traps have claimed the lives of many adventurers! It is rumoured the castle contains treasures beyond imagination. However, it is also the domain of the summoner and he does not look kindly upon uninvited guests!
Can you defeat the summoner and claim the lost treasures of the castle?
- Randomized maps with 5 worlds
- Hero classes - Barbarian, Mage and Rogue
- Lots of weapons and gear
- RPG styled upgrades
- Boss Battles
- Mini-bosses and Collectable Treasures
- Mission system
- iCloud Game Saves
- Universal (play on all your devices)
Note: While the game is playable on iPod Touch 4th gen: we strongly recommend playing on newer devices for smoother frame-rates.
ORCS is an action/platformer 2D old school inspired by classic like Castlevania and Ghosts 'n Goblins.
It is very difficult and funny!
- 5 bosses.
- 24 levels (including bosses)
- Gamepad support
- Jokes! :)
- and more!!!