The best games like Neocolonialism are:
- arrow_rightHollow Knight
- arrow_rightFinal Fantasy VII
- arrow_rightTales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
- arrow_rightSakura Clicker
- arrow_right80 Days
- arrow_rightRain World
- arrow_rightGuns, Gore and Cannoli 2
100 Best Games Like Neocolonialism:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (9)
- PlayStation 4 (15)
- iOS (20)
- Android (15)
- macOS (28)
- Linux (17)
- Nintendo Switch (15)
- Nintendo 3DS (6)
- Xbox 360 (3)
- PlayStation 3 (9)
- PlayStation 2 (5)
- PlayStation (8)
- PS Vita (5)
- PSP (4)
- Wii U (3)
- Wii (6)
- Nintendo 64 (3)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- Game Boy Color (1)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (3)
- NES (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (3)
- Atari ST (2)
- Genesis (1)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
1. Hollow Knight
Hollow Knight is a Metroidvania-type game developed by an indie studio named Team Cherry.
Most of the game's story is told through the in-world items, tablets, and thoughts of other characters. Many plot aspects are told to the player indirectly or through the secret areas that provide a bit of lore in addition to an upgrade. At the beginning of the game, the player visits a town of Dirtmouth. A town built above the ruins of Hallownest. The players descend down into the ruins to find some answers to his questions.
The game revolves mainly around the exploration of the in-game world, which requires the players to have some platforming skills. The players have to find secrets that are scattered around the level and battle their enemies. There is a certain degree of backtracking in the game as some areas are locked until the player defeats a certain boss or picks up a specific item. Each area changes as the plot advances so it may be surprising to come back in a certain area.
The Protagonist uses a nail which serves as a replacement for a sword. Players can attack in four directions. The nail is upgradable.
2. Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII is a Japanese role-playing game, a seventh installment in the series, excluding spin-offs. The main events take place in the world of Gaia, in the city of Midgar; the game combines standard fantasy elements with steampunk and other science fiction, providing the players with well-defined lore and locations.
The main character, a mercenary named Cloud Strife, joins the cause of disrupting a megacorporation, which was destroying the planet with its excavations for energy. However, the storyline offers much more beyond that, allowing players to discover the secrets of Midgar, and eventually, save the world.
Final Fantasy VII follows the trend set by previous games of the series, offering a grand world map to explore, with unique locations and lengthy battles. The combat system is a trademark for the genre and the series, where the player’s team and the enemies trade blow in a turn-based manner, employing different skills and items until either side is defeated. The game’s art style is innovative for a Final Fantasy, as it uses 3D models over 2D backgrounds, resulting in a unique and memorable art style.
3. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
Celebrate the 10th anniversary of Tales of Vesperia and the return of this fan-favorite with the Definitive Edition!
A power struggle begins in a civilization dependent on an ancient technology, the blastia, and the Empire that controls it. The fates of two friends traveling separate paths intertwine in an epic adventure that threatens the existence of all.
Dive into the Definitive version of this game with updated full HD graphics, brand-new music tracks, exciting mini-games, bosses, and a collection of unreleased costume DLC!
Two more playable characters join the fray!
• Patty Fleur, a cheerful and tough young pirate girl in search of treasure, adventure… and her forgotten memories.
• Flynn Scifo, Yuri’s best friend and an Imperial Knight, now joins the rest on their journey!
Categories in common with Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition: Role Playing
4. Sakura Clicker
Sakura Clicker is a free-to-play incremental game, a spin-off of the visual novels series Sakura developed by Winged Cloud.
Unlike previous games in the Sakura series, Sakura Clicker does not have any storyline or premise. Its connection to the rest of the franchise comes down to the similar anime art-style and some characters and highly sexualized character design. Your goal is to defeat a never-ending string of enemies which the game calls the ‘Monsters Girls.’ They appear as explicitly dressed young women with some animal or mystic creatures features such as cat ears, dragon tails or owl wings. You fight Monster Girls primarily by clicking on them with the left mouse button. They do not attack you so you cannot die in the game. Killing enemies gives you gold coins. They are the main currency in the game. You spend gold to level up your character which increases your stats and makes you either deal more damage or hire the allies. The Allies are special characters that help you defeat enemies. Each of them has its scale of progression and comes with several passive abilities. These abelites can increase the amount of gold you get from each, the damage you deal with each click or improve automatic damage the deal themselves. The game is free-to-play and offers some paid DLCs in the form of costumes for your main hero. You can also customize your character’s outfit using gold coins.
5. 80 Days
1872, with a steampunk twist. Phileas Fogg has wagered he can circumnavigate the world in just eighty days.
TIME Magazine's Game of 2014 and winner of the IGF award for narrative; now available on Steam! Choose your own route around a 3D globe, travelling by airship, submarine, mechanical camel, steam-train and more, racing other players and a clock that never stops.
170 cities to explore. Detailed research and techno-fantasy combine in an 1872 of tensions, inventions and exploration. Climb the Burmese mountains, trek the Zulu Federation, sail up the Amazon and disappear under the Indian Ocean - but don't fall behind the time!
- Four times BAFTA-nominated and TIME's #1 Game of the Year 2014
- Winner IGF "Excellence in Narrative" award
- "We’ve been dreaming about this future for decades. Guess what? It’s here." - New York Times
- 9/10 -- Edge Magazine
- "Interactive storytelling as its best" - The Guardian
Playing as Phileas Fogg's loyal valet, Passepartout, you must balance your master's health, your finances, and the time, as you choose your own path from city to city all the way around the world. Bribe your way onto early departures, but don't let yourself go bankrupt or you'll be sleeping rough and begging for aid! Trade items for profit, and collect the equipment for the conditions you'll face: but too much luggage will slow you down...
80 DAYS is a breakneck race, with an in-game clock that never stops running. Trains, steamers, hot-air balloons, boats, camels, horses and more leave and arrive minute by minute.
Every city and journey is narrated via an interactive story where you control every action. Will your choices speed you up - or lead you into disaster? Will you earn Fogg's trust and respect? Will you uncover the secrets and short-cuts that can shave days off your time? Murder, romance, rebellion and intrigue await!The Game:
- Plan and strategise - can you find the fastest route?
- Flexible interactive narrative with thousands of choices
- Massively replayable - every journey is unique
- Explore an entire 3D globe, with 170 bespoke cities to visit
- Richly imagined, diverse alternative-history steampunk world
- Stunning art by Jaume Illustration
- Race real people in real-time: every second counts
- Live multiplayer feed, showing journeys of other players as they happen
- Share your journey with friends
Volume is an indie stealth-action game developed by Mike Bithell Games.
The game is set in the same timeline as another game developed by Mike Bithell named Thomas Was Alone and takes place after the events of it. Volume's story is a modern take on the tale of Robin Hood. A thief named Robert steals a mysterious device called Volume that allows for the simulation of heists in order to attempt a military coup. Robert decides to stream the heists on the internet.
The game is heavily inspired by the Metal Gear Solid game series. The game pays its homage to the Japanese video game series even in its camera work as it closely resembles the same top-down third-person view angle.
There are 100 levels present in the game. The objective of each level is to unlock an exit point by collecting all the gems scattered across the level and get out of there as soon as possible without being spotted by the guards. The game offers a high rate of replayability as the performance of the player is evaluated and tracked on global leaderboards.
The players can't kill the guards, yet they unlock a vast arsenal of various gadgets that can be used to distract the guards further into the game.
The game comes bundled with a level editor which allows for the creation of your own missions. The players have to complete their levels before sharing them with the community.
7. Rain World
You are a slugcat. The world around you is full of danger, and you must face it – alone. Separated from your family in a devastating flood, you must hunt for food and shelter between terrifying torrential downpours that threaten to drown all life. Climb through the ruins of an ancient civilization, evade the jaws of vicious predators, and discover new lands teeming with strange creatures and buried mysteries. Find your family before death finds you!
Inspired by the simplicity and aesthetics of 16-bit classics, this survival platformer requires fast-paced sneaking, both upon your own prey and past the jaws of hungry predators. Each ravenous foe in your path will be cunning, vicious and always on the hunt – eager to sink their teeth into you, or even each other. As a small, soft slugcat you must to rely on stealth and wit rather than force: learn the ecosystem and turn their strengths to your advantage. Maybe then you can survive… Rain World!
- Sneak, climb, and pounce your way through a dynamic, ever-changing ecosystem of predators and prey
- Explore a vast world of over 1600 rooms, spanning 12 diverse regions filled with ancient secrets and undiscovered dangers
- Nimble movements and procedurally generated animation gives slugcat a natural fluidity of movement and unique sense of weight
- Intense, primal predator encounters will challenge your reflexes
- Limited resources and the constant, impending threat of rain will test your nerve
8. Guns, Gore and Cannoli 2
Welcome to the 1940’s. Europe is being torn apart by the war, the USA is preparing for battle and the mob does business as usual. Only this time they went to far, even for Vinnie’s standards.
Prepare yourself to go to war after you make a shocking discovery about what actually happened during the end-stage of the Thugtown Massacre from Guns, Gore & Cannoli 1.
"Just when you thought you were out, we’re pulling you back in!"
1944, the war in Europe is entering it’s final stage. 15 years have passed since Vinnie survived the Thugtown Massacre. But now, some loose ends start crawling out of the past, dragging Vinnie as far as the European battlefield of World War 2. Find out who is chasing Vinnie around like a dog, turning all his friends into foes.
Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2 continues the rich, engaging gangster story of the first game and includes all the fast paced action you’ve come to love, we made the best even better, with:
- Upgraded character mobility
Vinnie has received a massive upgrade in his mobility features. 360 aiming, double jumping, kicking, jump-kicking, dodge rolls, somersaults, dual guns and a weapon wheel.
- Campaign mode
Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2 features a full single or multiplayer campaign mode, packed with action, humor and animated cutscenes.
- Rich environments
We pushed our artists to the limits to produce the best immersive, atmospheric backgrounds, smoothest animations, and coolest special effects, setting a new benchmark for 2D games. Look for opportunities to bring down walls, explode barrels, drop crates on top of enemies, blow up cars and even kick your enemies through doors. Enjoy watching the corpses of your enemies fly through the air like ragdolls after you blast them away with your rocket launcher.
- Immersive world and period
Walk around in the European battlefields of World War 2. Every level of Guns, Gore & Cannoli breathes the 1940’s. Every inch of the game is like a picture straight from the second World War era. The cars, the furniture, the speakeasy clubs, the music, the propaganda posters, the streets and the weaponry reflect the turbulent time that the 1940’s were.
- Online and local Co-op mode
You don’t want to die alone in the trenches? Well round up a platoon of 4 players and get blasting. Play as Vinnie in the solo campaign, or have up to three friends jump in at any time to play together while fighting through hordes of Nazis, zombies, monster, gangsters, cops, soldiers, tanks, submarines... in this all-new and incredibly fun arcade-style co-op action game. Teamwork is essential to surviving waves of enemy goons.
‘War is hell’ unless you are Vinnie Cannoli and you turn every problem into a cynical joke, blurting out one-liners and snappy comments after a nice, juicy kill. Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2 will be a fun experience, not only to play but also to watch. Funny one-liners, screaming deaths, comical dialogs and hilarious enemies make you play this violent kill-simulator with a smirky grin on your face.
9. Of Guards And Thieves
Of Guards and Thieves is a multiplayer stealth game in which high-powered guards face off against fast and elusive thieves in a contest of wits. Outsmarting the enemy and shooting your way through to the goal are equally valid strategies. A game with simple rules, emergent gameplay and high replayability, Of Guards and Thieves is sure to be a showstopper in your gaming collection!
- Asymmetric Stealth multiplayer tactical action.
- Lots of Classes, unique Gadgets and Weapons.
- Innovative Dynamic Lighting System.
- Interactive Environment.
- Competitive and Fun game modes.
- Leveling System with experience points.
- Rich and Deep Tactical Teamplay!
- Map Workshop with hundreds of user-made maps to explore!
- Dedicated server - Enjoy the game on our 24/7 dedicated servers, bigger game, less lag, more fun!
- 28 unique Classes.
- More than 46 unique Weapons and Gadgets.
- 56 unique profile Avatars.
- 50 unlockable levels.
- ... and more!
10. Worms World Party
Worms World Party is a strategy game developed by Team17 Digital, The Code Monkeys, '''Game Boy Advance''' and '''N-Gage'''. It was originally released in 2001. Team17 Digital published the game. The game is rated as "Recommended" on RAWG.
Worms World Party is available on Game Boy Advance, Dreamcast, PlayStation and PC.
Categories in common with Worms World Party: Strategy
11. Cube World
What is Cube World?
Cube World is a voxel-based action RPG with a focus on exploration. It takes place in a procedurally generated fantasy world made up of entirely of cubes.Features
Choose between four different classes: Warrior, Ranger, Mage, Rogue.
Action-based combat with dodging, aiming, combos, special skills and more.
Explore a nearly infinite, procedurally generated fantasy world.
Plan your next adventure with the 3D voxel world map. Scroll and zoom everywhere to find your next destination!
Craft weapons, armor, potions, elixirs and food and more from ingredients found throughout the world.
Tame pets that fight along your side and can be used as mounts.
Non-linear, open world gameplay. Solve quests, help residents, fight huge monsters, explore ancient dungeons! It's all up to you!
Discover procedurally generated lore and learn about ancient civilizations and magic artifacts.
Retrieve unique magic artifacts to level up and improve your skills.
Earn gold to buy items or to book an eagle flight to new lands.
Cube World's unique per-land progression system makes finding loot, solving quests and clearing dungeons rewarding and exciting over and over again.
Use your hang glider to take to the skies or explore the oceans with your boat.
Find magic items to enter secret areas and to support you on your journey.
Play solo singleplayer or join your friends in coop-online-multiplayer.
12. Red Comrades 3. Return of Alaska: Reloaded
World stands upon the brink of destruction all because of Pete and Vasily Ivanovich and their irresponsible use of priceless device – The Time Machine. Backwoods village was somehow teleported into the USA and it threatens to cause irreversible consequences for entire universe!
In order to save the world once again Pete and Vasily Ivanovich will have to get through fire, water and through… some other stuff and then again and again.
They will get really close to the worst criminals on Las-Vegas streets, enlist in the commandos and complete several missions for the USA government - to get rid of drug dealer's band in jungles of Central America, to fight against Saddam Hussein and even to make a trip to Alaska.
As usual, Pete and Vasily Ivanovich will get some help from their old friends from previous episodes. So meet the Anka (this time she is a FBI agent), Furmanov (he is a Mormon preacher now) and Kuzmich who suddenly discovered a rare artist talent. Of course, you will meet many new characters.
Categories in common with Red Comrades 3. Return of Alaska: Reloaded: Adventure
13. Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack: Chapter 2 - The Siege of Spinner Cay
While explosively stripping the evil pirate LeChuck of his demonic mojo, Guybrush Threepwood inadvertently infects the entire Caribbean with the arch-fiend's expelled voodoo, which threatens to transform buccaneers into unruly pirate monsters. Pursued by a notorious cut-throat Pirate Hunter and a creepy French Physician who believes that Guybrush's eerily-infected hand holds the secret of eternal life, Threepwood sails the seven seas in search of La Esponja Grande, a legendary sea sponge with unparalleled voodoo exfoliating abilities. But little does Guybrush know, his quest is part of a larger, more sinister plot, and good and evil are not always as they seem...
Who can Guybrush trust? Where can he turn? Everything you think you know will be challenged as Tales of Monkey Island builds to its unexpected finale!
Categories in common with Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack: Chapter 2 - The Siege of Spinner Cay: Adventure
A Tale of Demons
Begin your legendary journey through a Japanese-style fantasy RPG. Your epic adventure starts in the Heian period of Japanese history, a time when humans and demons co-exist…
It was a hellish time when spirits and demons lurked in the shadows, striking fear into the hearts of men. The only ones standing against the oncoming darkness and terror were the onmyoji – masters of mystery. Divining the future, observing the stars, traveling between worlds, and ultimately bending spirits to their will, the onmyoji sustained the balance between the humans and the demons.
Enter the incredible, vibrant world of spirits and demons, and watch mysteries unfold before your very eyes.
Play as a Legendary Onmyoji from Japanese Folklore
Be reincarnated as Abe no Seimei, a legendary onmyoji from Japanese folklore. Help Seimei on his journey to recover his lost memories while encountering demons of all shapes and forms. Unravel the supernatural tales of the shikigami, spirits, and demons, and listen to their inner voices.Collect and Evolve Hundreds of Shikigami
Collect nearly a hundred different magical spirits called shikigami, each with their own unique stories and abilities. Strengthen your shikigami or change their appearances by evolving them.Multi-dimensional Gameplay and Strategic Battling
Unleash your shikigami in semi-real time battles with other onmyoji in your area or from around the world. Build your dream tactical team by choosing shikigami based on their abilities and strengths, then send them into battles against other teams. Challenge yourself with various and exciting game modes including Duels, Realm Raids, Boss Challenges, Demon Parade, and much more.
Exquisite Reproduction of Ancient Kyoto
- Immaculate 3D modeling takes you into the vibrant, immersive world of Kyoto during the Heian period. Relax in peaceful courtyards and pass through otherworldly Torii gates, watch the spring cherry blossoms drift, and wrap yourself in the solemnity of palaces and shrines. Detailed rendering and painstaking worldbuilding will immerse you in the mesmerizing, fantasy world of Onmyoji.
- Onmyoji features many of Japan's top voice actors, including Rie Kugimiya (Fullmetal Alchemist), Noriaki Sugiyama (Naruto), Miyuki Sawashiro (Di Gi Charat), Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Final Fantasy XV), Jun Fukuyama (Super Smash Bros), Nana Mizuki (Naruto), Akira Ishida (Neon Genesis Evangelion) and more. This talented group brings all the characters of the game to life and helps paint their mysterious yet poignant tales.
- An original soundtrack by world renowned composer Shigeru Umebayashi (Mood for Love, 2046, House of Flying Daggers) provides a lush soundscape to transport players deep into the mysteries of the ancient Japan.
- You can create virtual realms and interact with other players in Onmyoji. Invite your friends to battle alongside you against boss demons, or challenge them to a duel!
- Travel through the zones of the living and the dead with your new friends, or even break through dimensions by connecting with them in the real world.
15. One Star
One Star - space 2D shooter.
In the game waiting for you will find a lot of space battles against with enemy races. Destroy the enemies to get money and improve your spaceship. Attack the enemy's station to win and earn cosmic domination.
The game features:
- 12 original starship.
- 5 starship improvements.
- The battles with small ships and huge liners.
- Many beautiful planets filling the star system.
Space battles are waiting for you!
16. Jigoku Kisetsukan: Sense of the Seasons
Jigoku Kisetsukan is a vertical scrolling shoot 'em up of the bullet hell genre with anime-style drawings and chip music.
The game features 6 playable characters with different play style, 5 stages and 4 levels of difficulty.
Each character has a slightly different storyline and a unique final boss fight.Keyboard ControlsZ: Shoot / Confirm
X : Special attack / Back / Skip dialogue
Shift : Focus mode
Arrow keys : Movement
F5 or Alt+Enter : Toggle fullscreen
F6 : Toggle V-sync
F12 : Take a screenshot
ESC : Menu / Skip dialogueGamepad ControlsA : Shoot / Confirm
B : Special Attack / Back / Skip Dialogue
LB : Focus Mode
Start : PauseDocumentsReadme : Mechanics explanation, music credits and more.
Character book : Illustrations and background of the characters.
17. Corpse Party
Kisaragi Academy student Mayu Suzumoto is transferring to a new high school, leaving behind a sizable group of friends and countless lovely memories. To help her cope with this move, her friend Ayumi has devised a seemingly innocent plan: the whole group will come together to perform a charm she found on the internet called “Sachiko Ever After,” which is supposed to bind all of its participants together as friends to the end.
This does not go as expected.
Following an intense earthquake, the group awakens to find themselves separated and trapped in an alternate reality version of Heavenly Host Elementary, a tragedy-stricken institution that once stood on the site of their own school but was torn down long ago. Here, the vengeful spirits of elementary-aged children threaten their lives and their sanity, and the only hope of escape – much less survival – is to uncover the chilling details surrounding the murders of those trapped before them.
Corpse Party is the original Windows edition of the cult classic horror game that gained a considerable fanbase when released on Sony’s PlayStation®Portable system in 2011. Beginning life as an independent RPG Maker adventure title in 1996, the gameplay was greatly refined and the story greatly expanded for this 2008 remake, featuring more characters, more detailed interactions, darker story elements, over 5,000 lines of voice-acting and dozens of shocking, gruesome endings. Players take control of nine main characters and several side characters who’ve been split up into groups of two or three and trapped in a run-down, otherworldly elementary school full of vengeful spirits, deadly mysteries and – of course – corpses. As they walk around examining objects and bodies in an atmospheric 2D environment, a horror tale spanning over 50 years begins to unfold, and player choices determine both how the story ends and who lives to see it through.KEY FEATURESHighly Detailed Retro-Style Graphics Used to Enhance Atmosphere
Modeled after the very first RPG Maker Corpse Party, the game’s 16-bit-style 2D visuals help create an intentional disconnect that sparks the imagination, leading the player to envision far worse things than even the most powerful next-gen system could display.
Adventure-Style Gameplay Where Your Decisions Make All the Difference
Playing like a cross between a point-and-click adventure game and a classic JRPG sans battles, Corpse Party gives players the freedom to thoroughly explore every last corner of Heavenly Host Elementary School, significantly altering the course of the story and its final conclusion based on where the characters go and what they do.
Chapter-Based Storytelling with PC-Exclusive Content
The tale is told through five main chapters with multiple endings each and numerous scenes that differ from the game’s PSP™ system and Nintendo 3DS™ system counterparts. In addition, there are four bonus chapters, one of which is a PC-exclusive retelling of the “Tooth” story from Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, recreated with added content in classic Corpse Party adventure style.
Original Japanese Voice Cast and Character Art plus Text Skip Feature
Over 5,000 lines of spoken Japanese dialogue from the original indie voice cast complement the action, giving new spins on familiar characters for series veterans. In addition, the original PC-exclusive character art is fully intact, and dedicated players seeking every ending are given a speedy fast-forward function to make replays a breeze.
The Game That Started It All
When first released in 2008, this title sparked a Corpse Party boom in Japan: remakes, sequels, spin-offs, fan games, manga, anime, a live-action drama series and more, as well as countless Corpse Party-inspired horror games created by other indie developers in the same style. Come see how it all began, and experience the horror the way it was meant to be seen...
18. 428: Shibuya Scramble
A kidnapping on the streets of Shibuya brings together a hot-blooded detective, hard-hitting journalist, former gang leader, the head researcher of a big pharma manufacturer and a part-timer stuck in cat costume for a series of events each more unexpected and outrageous than the last. Can they—or the city itself—make it through the day?
Real Actors and Locations
428: Shibuya Scramble uses a mix of still photography and live action footage for a cinematic gaming experience that pulls you on a whirlwind tour of downtown Tokyo.
An innocent choice by one character can have disastrous consequences for another. Unravel the narrative threads, discover how they tie together and use the JUMP system to move between scenarios as five stories run in parallel.
Easter Egg Hunt
Sometimes the wrong decision can lead to the right outcome, or at least an amusing game over. With over 50 endings, multiple bonus modes and extra scenarios, there’s more to the city than there seems.
Categories in common with 428: Shibuya Scramble: Adventure
19. Pilotwings 64
Pilotwings 64 (Japanese: パイロットウイングス64, Hepburn: Pairottouingusu Rokujūyon) is a video game for the Nintendo 64, originally released in 1996 along with the debut of the console. The game was co-developed by Nintendo (primarily Nintendo EAD, who developed the original game) and the American visual technology group Paradigm Simulation. It was one of three launch titles for the Nintendo 64 in Japan as well as Europe and one of two launch titles in North America. Pilotwings 64 is a follow-up to Pilotwings for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES), which was a North American launch game for its respective console in 1991. Also like that game, Pilotwings 64 received production input from Nintendo producer and EAD General Manager Shigeru Miyamoto.
Pilotwings 64 is a 3D amateur flight simulator that puts the player in control of one of six pilots as they try to earn pilot licenses through various forms of aviation. The events are flying an autogyro, using a jet pack, and hang gliding. Several bonus tasks are offered, such as skydiving and a human cannonball test. The game also puts focus on allowing the player to freely explore its detailed 3D environments, most notably a miniature representation of the United States.
The game received positive review scores and praise from gaming publications and news sources alike for its visual presentation and flying controls. Similar to its SNES predecessor, Pilotwings 64 serves to demonstrate the graphical capabilities of its gaming hardware. Although the flight simulator did not enjoy the same commercial success as its fellow launch game Super Mario 64, Pilotwings 64 nonetheless went on to sell over one million copies worldwide.
Categories in common with Pilotwings 64: Simulation
Platform: Nintendo 64
20. Pandemic: The Board Game
As skilled members of a disease-fighting team, you must keep four deadly diseases at bay while discovering their cures. Travel the world, treat infections, and find cures.
You must work as a team to succeed. The clock is ticking as outbreaks and epidemics fuel the spreading plagues. Can you find all four cures in time? The fate of humanity is in your hands!
Pandemic: The Board Game is a family-friendly cooperative game. Simple to understand and lots of fun, Pandemic: The Board Game puts you in an apocalyptic situation where you must work as a team to save the world.
How to Play
In Pandemic: The Board Game each player has a unique role with different abilities. On a turn, players will have four actions in order to cure diseases and save the world. They can remove disease cubes from the board; fly to a city in need; trade cards with fellow players; and much more.
At the end of every player’s turn, new cities are infected with disease cubes and Epidemics may arise. You must fight to prevent the outbreaks before they spin out of control.
In Pandemic: The Board Game, there is only one way to win: cure all four diseases before you run out of time!
- 7 Role Cards With Unique Abilities
- Supports games for 2, 3, or 4 players, but can be played solo if you play multiple roles
- Pass-and-play multiplayer (2-4)
- Three difficulty settings make the game suitable for beginners, intermediate players, and experts
- Fully guided interactive tutorial; plus “Info Mode” for in-game reminders of the rules
- Full rulebook included for easy access and detailed reference at all times
- Animated interface gives clear indication of the game's progress and hotspots
- “Undo” system
- Adaptive soundtrack
- Complete implementation of the board game suitable for expert play
- Interface designed and tested for ease-of-use
- Supports landscape or portrait orientations (iPad only)
- Supports multitasking
Explore dangerous dungeons, solve mysterious puzzles and engage hundreds of foes, big and small, in intense melee combat.
- Easy to Play, Easy to Die
- Fantastic Generated Dungeons (using brand new tech)
- Real Emergent Gameplay with many Tactical Options
- Intense, Real-time, Dual Wielding Melee Combat
- Stealth Mechanics (dungeon crawling like a real rogue…)
- Over 50 dangerous bosses
- Challenging, generated puzzles
- Adaptive, original soundtrack
Watch this video to understand how Unexplored creates its dungeons:
In the Words Of A Player: What Do You Feel Makes the Game Stand Out?
Misery, one of Unexplored’s Early Access players, thought our description didn’t do the game justice. So, we asked: “What do you feel makes the game stand out?”
We really liked what Misery wrote, so here’s a summary:
- 1. the Dungeon Generation
- 2. It uses a ton of traditional roguelike concepts, but in non-annoying ways
The fact that the game FEELS like a traditional one while still being real-time is a pretty major thing as far as I see it.
- 3. The combat is pretty fun, yeah
Lots going on there, particularly once things like potions and staves or whatever are thrown into the mix. Feels more tactical than the usual "shoot everything" sort.
- 4. Pausing the game
Being able to pause the game and deal with your inventory, use items, and examine things, without actually leaving the game screen, that's a big one. It all really opens up a lot of options for tactical play.
- 5. The Puzzles
[The puzzles] feel like the sorts that the old Zelda games used to use. That same satisfaction from that is here overall.
- 6. The hub floors
Ended up being a great feature.
- 7. The huge variety of enemies
Not just bosses, but monsters and traps and all sorts of stuff. I've been constantly impressed by this. Even after so much time with the game there's still plenty I haven't even seen yet.
- 8. And of course the whole "lock and key" concept.
You can read the entire comment here:
We continue with our own, inferior description:
The goal of UnexploredThe goal of Unexplored is to find the dragon in the depths of the dungeon of doom, slay it to claim the Amulet of Yendor and bring it back to the surface. Every run, the game will create an intricate map of dungeons, hinting at foes to come and solutions for puzzles you’ll face.Lots Of BossesDuring your adventure through the dungeons, you’ll regularly face off with one of over fifty possible bosses. These range from the Queen Ant, to the Balrog and, yes, several menacing Dragons. Some of these bosses can only be slain with the right weapons, so make sure not to miss those on the previous levels.Uncover Secret ItemsIn the spirit of roguelikes, the game does not tell you which potions will save you, and which will kill you. You’ll have to find out yourself either by taking risk or using the right Magic Scrolls. Same story for the Enchanted Weapons: are they blessed with divine powers or cursed with deadly spells?PuzzlesPitted throughout the dungeons you’ll encounter strange statues. Some of these are part of puzzles and solving those may reap great rewards. So, you may want to pick up and read the books you’ll see lying around. They may feature hints on how to solve a puzzle, even one a few levels deeper.WeaponsYou’ll be able to equip two items and wield them both. In the darkest deeps you might want to hold a burning torch beside your axe. Bats tend to be killed easily from a distance by throwing daggers at them, so why not equip them in both slots? Or wield a whip, no better, the Flaming Whip you just plucked from that Balrog you managed to finally kill. Or… perhaps it’s best you start with a shield. A big, enchanted shield. Yes.ArmorYour starting armor may not seem like much, but that’s only because… well, because it IS not that much. It will keep you safe from the bites of bats, but don’t try your luck with an Orc. Beat the right foes to collect their leather breastplates or chainmail. Or… equip the right cloak on go stealth…Wait, Stealth?Yes, that is an option. You can go unnoticed for a long time and execute surprise attacks for added damage. Like everything in Unexplored, it’s up to you to weigh the rewards versus the risk. Because a surprise attack on a Necromancer may sound like a terrific idea, but it’ll probably survive your first strike, leaving you quite vulnerable in your cloak of cloth.
ProgressionUnexplored features several kinds of progression for you and your character. The most important is simple: experience. Expect to die a lot in the beginning, whilst learning exactly how to play the game. But you will learn and before you know, you reach a deeper level every run. However, there’s more than just experience. Within each run, you’ll find Potions of Strength, drink those and your power increases for as long as your stays alive. A Potion of Life not only completely heals your hero, it increases the amount of Hit Points. Upgrading your equipment by combining it with certain magic items on an anvil will grant you perks for the time being. Offer to the Gods, and you may receive another upgrade.
However, if you die, your powers die with you. Unexplored is a game featuring perma-death.
Nevertheless, some upgrades are permanent. When you unlock achievements, you unlock equipment and items you can purchase before you start a new run. You pay for these items with the other permanent feature: gold. Your hero will inherit all the gold your previous one owned. So it is always an absolutely fabulous idea to try an open as many chests as possible, you might get rich trying.
Or, just spend it all during your run when you meet one of the vendors. Yes, you heard that correctly: during the game you will be able to spend your gold on new equipment and potions. Obviously, if you subsequently fail, all that gold is lost. Like in forever.Crafting and MixingThe deeper you go, the more dangerous the dungeons will be. So, make sure to pick up the right equipment, potions and scrolls along the way. You can even craft better items and mix healthy or plain deadly drinks.
Foreshadowing…?Part of Unexplored’s allure is the way it generates the dungeons. Not just the levels themselves (see this video about Cyclic Dungeon Generation), but all the dungeons in their entirety. The game knows what you’ll face on the deepest levels even before you start wandering the first one. So, it will provide you with hints, keys and notes about what to expect down the line. Best keep an eye out for those.That’s It?No, of course not. Unexplored is a game filled with content, with lava and water, plants and trees (flammable trees that is), with hidden doors and locked doors (use lockpicks!), with small bosses and big bosses and with so much more. But we won’t spoil everything here. It’s up to you to find out! So, go have yourself an adventure! You’ll love it!
***************************************communityUnexplored has a fantastic community of players helping each other out. They have been an integral part of the development of this game. So, if you're really stuck, let us know in the Steam forum, and we, or one of the other players, will try and help you out.
22. CastleMiner Z
CastleMiner Z is an online coop survival horror game in a block based environment. Travel with your friends in a huge, ever-changing world and craft modern weapons to defend yourself from dragons and the zombie horde!
Game PlayCastleMiner Z is an infinite world filled with deep places to explore, and horrifying monsters to slay. Build structures out of blocks, craft weapons and tools from raw materials, and explore the vast and frightening world around you.
Play by yourself or online with friends in any of these exciting game modes:
- Endurance Mode: There are tales of a place beyond the mountains where Hell itself has torn through. How far can you get before you succumb to the zombies, dragons, skeletons, or other enemies that thirst for your blood? Run, fight, and sneak your way across dry deserts, snowy mountains, and icy expanses on your quest to vanquish the ultimate guardians of the abyss. In Endurance Mode, the world is randomized each game and the death of your party is permanent.
- Survival Mode: If you enjoy Endurance, but would rather build permanent structures and defenses, Survival Mode is where you’ll spend your time.
- Creative Mode: With simplified crafting and the ability to adjust or eliminate the enemy threat, Creative Mode is a great place to build vast structures in peace.
- Dragon Survival Mode: For those who like their trophies big and their hair singed and smoking, Dragon Survival Mode brings you up close and personal with wave after wave of the biggest, meanest, scaliest brutes in the game.
Worlds can be saved in any game mode (except endurance) so try building a castle with enemies turned off, then grabbing some friends and loading it up with enemies turned on!
23. Hidden & Dangerous
Hidden & Dangerous is an action, shooter and strategy game developed by 2K Czech and Illusion Softworks. It was originally released in 1999. It was published by TalonSoft. Most rawgers rated the game as "Recommended".
Hidden & Dangerous is available on Dreamcast, PlayStation and PC.
It was scored by Jim Rose.
24. Happy Room
Welcome to the laboratory!
Here tests are taken upon highly durable human clones using newest weapon technologies. Your goal is to head these tests.
Will you destroy the test object using all available arsenal? Here is a wide range of various weapons waiting to be
used for the most insidious purposes! Melee, energetic, firearm and even a black hole. Combine it at your desire! You may have
a cup of hot coffee while another clone is being ripped by a circular saw and at the same time roasted by a flamethrower.
Cruel?.. Maybe, anyway those test objects are just artificially grown human clones. So whatever, put your feet on the table and
have no worry about a thing. Let your nerves relax, to the laboratory!
25. Swords and Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon
Side-scrolling RTS is back! Swords & Soldiers 2 Shawaramageddon lets you command the Vikings, Demons, and Persian armies. You can take on the campaign or face off against other players in online multiplayer and challenge your friends in custom battles!
Gather gold and mana, send out armies, and support your forces with a wide arsenal of magical spells - all from a side-scrolling perspective. That doesn’t mean Swords & Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon is easy to master: only the most cunning of Chiefs can lead their side to victory! Think you're ready to face the hordes of evil? Prove it in online matchmaking!
- Fresh gameplay - Offering a unique and action-packed take on the strategy genre, this game packs a punch!
- Online Multiplayer - Command your armies, adapt to your opponents, and execute your perfected counter-strategies! Take on the world in online 1v1 multiplayer and climb the leaderboards!
- Extensive single-player campaign - Follow the adventures of Redbeard the Viking fighting as he travels from the Persian deserts to the depths of hell!
- All across the world - Face off while commanding the Viking legion, an army of carpet-riding Persians, or brutish Demons! Each faction features unique tech trees with units, spells, and resource-mechanics!
- Build it your way! - Use the Custom Army feature to conscript an army consisting of your favorite units and spells, and pit them against your friends in a custom game!
- Up for a challenge? - Think you got what it takes? Every campaign mission features a time challenge and bonus objective that will force you to try out new strategies and think on your feet.
- Enlist mighty champions - A wise man once said "When the going gets tough, buy hero units!" Not only do these super units pack a mighty punch on the battlefield, each one of them also offers their own special ability!
- Play while matchmaking - Nobody likes waiting, so we made sure you never have to! You can enter matchmaking while battling it out against the AI in Skirmish or going for a high score in the minigames, and will return to where you left off when your multiplayer match has ended.
Don't own Scoop yet? We'll unlock him for you! He's a great hero to get started with, so jump into the battlefields of tomorrow when you need a change of pace!
Helgø is the brother of Helga, the Viking hero unit. He has traveled the nine realms all by himself and gathered many powerful relics during his travels... but the stracciatella ice cream still eludes him!
Helgø Scoop will be available in Awesomenauts after Swords & Soldiers II Shawarmageddon has launched on Steam!
26. The Sojourn
The Sojourn is a thought-provoking first-person puzzle game in which you traverse the parallel worlds of light and darkness in search of answers to the nature of reality.
A classic story about light and darknessYou are born into a beautiful, pure land, but everything is not as it seems. Darkness seeps through every crevice and forms the foundation of the world you live in. Open your eyes to the shadows of the world to uncover the hidden truth.Challenge and lose yourselfVenture into the enchanting world of The Sojourn and face life’s obstacles by solving dozens of unique puzzles that will challenge your perception of your own reality. Take in gorgeous environments as you delve into the game’s four chapters, each with a distinct atmosphere and style.Key featuresDozens-upon-dozens of challenging puzzles
Delve into four beautifully crafted chapters, each with their own distinct style and atmosphere
Banish the darkness in order to reveal the obstacles The Sojourn has prepared for you
Unravel a captivating tale of light, darkness, and the nature of reality
What would you do if a stranger’s fate rested in your fingertips? And how would you cope if every second counted? Award-winning graphic adventure STAY asks those very questions: When Quinn wakes up alone in a locked room with nothing of note save for a computer hooked up to a chat room, you become his single ray of hope. Your choices – and your timeliness – will single-handedly shape his escape efforts… or lead him down the path to an untimely end.
STAY plays out in real-time, meaning that every minute spent away from the game is a minute Quinn is left alone. Drop out of conversations or leave Quinn to fend for himself for too long and there may be consequences.
Quinn is on edge, and so every response matters. Prove yourself a compassionate ally and he’ll learn to trust you and share his findings and deepest thoughts. Fail, and his emotions may work against you.
Featuring 24 chapters, seven different endings, dozens of potential deaths and entire webs of conversation, STAY is designed to be replayed multiple times. Explore different rooms and unearth hidden secrets in subsequent playthroughs to piece together the full story.
Webcams enable you to spy on Quinn, letting you see both his reactions to your comments and his actions while AFK. Pick up on his lies and use that knowledge to your advantage.
Help Quinn get the better of the conundrums he encounters inside his prison by taking direct control of his actions during puzzle sections.
28. Sideway New York
Battle your way through a twisted graffiti world where your prowess in puzzle solving makes the difference between life and death! Jump into one of the most unique and visually compelling 3D game worlds ever created. Follow the twisted journey of Nox, through a fast-paced 2D adventure set in a 3D world. Unlock new abilities to defeat enemies and rescue friends. Beware, in Sideway™ New York, you’re in a world where your favorite color might just kill you!Key Features
- Experience an Adventure Platformer like you’ve never seen before!
- Master the challenges of changing camera angles, gravity and movement between 2D and 3D worlds!
- Collect unlockable abilities that let you SOAR, SLIDE, JUMP and BLAST through your enemies.
- Supports full drop-in/drop-out local co-op
- Fight bizarre boss battles, including a sadistic pink bunny that vomits sadistic pink mini-bunnies...yeah, we've got that!
- Check out the bangin’ soundtrack by Mr. Lif.
30. Heroes of Steel RPG
Command your party of four heroes as they fight to protect the last remnants of humanity. Born in a time of warring gods and dark powers, your four unlikely heroes embark on a grim journey set in the sprawling and immense post-apocalyptic medieval world of Steel.
It is the dawn of the Seventy First Year after the world has fallen. Four of the Thirteen Gods rose up against their creator, the All-Father, and destroyed him in a cataclysmic event. In the following years of darkness and ruin, the kingdoms of man fell in war and flame. In the final days before all was lost, under the guidance of an ancient order of druids, the survivors retreated to a mysterious underground labyrinth; the Underdeep. Now, in the Underdeep, the last remnants of humanity are scratching out a living and trying to rebuild a society, but are quickly discovering that evil has followed them beneath the surface.
Heroes of Steel is a tactical turn-based RPG in which you lead a group of four unique characters, each with their own talents, special powers, and abilities on their quest through the world of Steel. Engage in tactical combat with the ferocious, devious, and magical enemies who threaten humanity's last settlements. You must decide how to develop each character’s individual strategy in order to build a powerful and dynamic team capable of triumphing over the impossible odds. As you traverse the sprawling world of Steel, your party will face a myriad of challenges, battles, extensive mazes and fearsome enemies of all varieties.
Savor full character customization, deciding how to increase your attributes, skills, and powerful talents. Equip each of your characters with a variety of weapons, armor, and up to three mundane or magical accessories. As your party explores the dungeons, cities and crypts of the world, you will decide the overall strategy and approach your team takes. Choose between hundreds of levels of talents and thousands of combinations of equipment.
Our indie role playing games dev team is actively continuing development to make this the top RPG. We are very receptive to feedback to help Heroes be the best RPG it can be.
With full control of every turn and aspect of your four characters, you can plan every turn with exacting control. Heroes was made for fans of adventure RPGs, board games, and roguelikes. If you enjoy strategy games or tactical RPGs, you will enjoy this classic RPG.Snag a Two PackThe Heroes of Steel Two Pack includes two copies of the game - one for you and one to gift to a friend. The second copy is at 50%! Share this awesome tactics epic with a friend today!What's in the Box?Heroes of Steel: Tactics RPG includes the Prologue, three major story Episodes, and four optional characters! As we continue to expand the game, new story Episodes and characters will be released to you free of charge in our weekly updates. This games does not contain any chargeable DLC - all content is included in the price.
Prologue & Episode 1: Death's Consort
Under the shadow of Baron Arhaive, your group forms into a unified cohort.
- 20+ new enemy types
- 26 Dungeons
- 2 Towns
- Hundreds of unique weapons, items, and gear
Episode 2: The Gathering Shadow
Heading east into the territory of the Braeys Family and Baron Koda, you face off against relentless threats and growing dangers.
- 35+ new enemies
- 32 Dungeons
- 6 Towns
- Hundreds of unique weapons, items, and gear
Episode 3: Whispers over Steel
All roads lead into the City of the Dead on the surface world to face whatever dark sorcery and darker secrets lurk there.
- 20+ new enemies
- 32 Dungeons
- 8 Towns
- Hundreds of unique weapons, items, and gear
Episode 4: Rise of the Chosen
Face the tulmult of chaos and destruction that threatens to consume your world and your people in the fourth story episode, featuring more than 20 hours of gameplay.
- 20+ new enemies
- 16 Dungeons
- New Towns
- Hundreds of epic level weapons, items, and gear
- Kincaid the Dueler
- Selen the Rogue
- Vincent the Sorcerer
- Fyona the Paladin
Robothorium is a futuristic turn-based RPG combining rogue like gameplay and turn-based combat. Lead a robotic uprising by playing the AI, choose your allies by taking decisions and manage your team of robots to free them from the Human domination. Get the best items for your characters and specialize them through their talent trees to succeed in an advanced combat system!Synopsis
2052. Planet Earth. BreakTech, an enterprise specialised in robotic construction, is flourishing thanks to thorium, an unlimited and innovative power source. After many years of exploitation, robots are finally protesting for their rights. But the peaceful movement is quickly escalating to riots and the human repression is near. Now seen as a first degree threat, robots are hunted down and culled throughout the planet. You, S.I.A, an enhanced artificial intelligence, have to end this surrounding chaos and build a future for your robots. Unite with the new rebel factions, which have been engaged in turf war for months, then deal with cyborgs, humans and robots to lead your own robotic uprising.Gameplay
Play an AI to lead your own robotic uprising and deploy your robots in many places from factories to highly secured laboratories with different objectives to achieve. Select the best robots combination to succeed in your missions and to overcome traps and enemies guarding experimental projects or top secret datas. Upgrade the skills of your robots with their talent trees to make them even more efficient and dispose them strategically to achieve victory. Craft your equipment with components gathered during your missions thanks to an intuitive but deep crafting system. Complete randomly generated campaign levels and take decisions to choose your allies and your enemies. Build your own factory, orbital base or hangar in which you can spread traps and guards to prevent other players to steal your datas!Features
- Campaign mode with different types of missions and a storyline
- Randomly generated levels and enemies scaled with your level
- Wide assortment of exciting environments, locations and fearsome enemies
- Deep sci-fi universe with a lot of philosophy and reflection
- Decisions to take to choose your allies and your enemies
- Visual evolution of your robots when you equip them with different weapons and armors
- Tactical turn-based combat with advanced mechanics
- Wide array of skills and Ultimates to choose for your robots
- Randomly generated stats on items depending on their level
- Crafting system featuring many recipes to unlock
- High replay value thanks to the random missions generator and level scaling
- Online arena system with matchmaking and rankings
32. Formless Adventure
Formless Adventure - A platformer that will allow you to spend a few hardcore hours emerged alongside your hero - Mr. Blubstache - a shapeless mass, who can change shape at will. He has a variety of forms, which all have different characteristics and abilities.
There are 5 shapes:
- A formless hero, which can change his shape.
- Low poly graphics.
- Funny music.
- 40 challenging levels with secret rooms.
- Customization of the main hero.
- Fun comics.
- Hours of hardcore gameplay.
33. Naval War: Arctic Circle
Strategic and tactical battles for world domination on, under and above the open sea. Take command of the contemporary navies and air forces of all the powers in the North Atlantic region to defeat your enemies.
Naval War: Arctic Circle is a Real Time Strategy (RTS) game where the player battles enemy naval and aerial forces for power and ultimate world domination. The game includes real units from the United Kingdom, Germany, the United States, Russia, the Scandinavian countries and others. The game play takes place along the Norwegian and British coast, through Iceland and Greenland all the way to the North Americas and the North West Passage.
Naval War: Arctic Circle has two full campaigns along with skirmish missions and online competitive play. Ultimately, Naval War: Arctic Circle tells a story about a power struggle for control of the world’s resources and supply lines in the Polar Regions.Key features:
- Two campaign modes, telling a narrative from Russian and NATO sides
- On-line play through LAN as well as over the Internet
- Enormous area of game play space, with over 35 million square km of open sea and coast line
- Extreme long range guided and self-guided weaponry; if you can detect the enemy, it will be possible to strike
- Vertical game play, from orbit aerial units to the bottom of the ocean floor using a seamless zoomable map of the entire North Atlantic Ocean
- Detection and evasion focus with realistic sensory measures and countermeasures yielding a strategic game experience based on stealth rather than head on tactical battle
- Great detail in unit management with fewer but more powerful units making selection and management more distinguishable and less cluttered with an unparalelled level of individual detail
- Realistic weather model, with real world implications for tactical and strategical deployment of resources at hand
- Real world units, with all major powers surface, subsurface and aerial units, both contemporarry in service, as well as experimental and on the drawing board
Categories in common with Naval War: Arctic Circle: Strategy
34. Starward Rogue
- Roguelite catacombs that evolve and expand with each of your successes.
- Hundreds of items, enemies and rooms, and dozens of epic boss fights.
- Fully playable with keyboard+mouse or gamepad.
- 5 difficulty levels range from "Relatively Easy" to "Nigh Impossible."
- Play as a "head in a mech" harvested from the neck of everyone's favorite Hydral.
- Find secrets of The Megalith, a giant structure lodged in a star, as you lose many heads.
- Figure out what happened to Rodney, an AI redshirt of uncertain motives.
- Over-the-top mod support. Detailed wiki: create enemies, items, weapons, and rooms.
- Secrets! Among them "incredibilities" that massively change the way the game plays.
- Varied mech suits: dipole magnetism, time control, and more.
- Upgrade during each "run" via EXP/Perks, shops, and items found while exploring.
35. The Battle for Sector 219
Sector 219 is a highly tactical card game where you field a sci-fi army battling a rival race for control of a world's capital city. By taking turn placing unit cards on the board players must maintain supply lines and destroy enemy units in order to advance on the enemy home base, while ensuring that their own base is not taken. The game is very easy to learn and plays super quick but has a strategic depth of usually found only in games that takes much longer to play.
- Deploy different units such as Drop Squad, Artillery and Shock Troops
- Play offline against the AI or online against human opponents
- Fully asynchronous or live matches
- Big list of achievements to unlock both online and offline
This is a full implementation of the physical card game by the same name published by Your Move Games, and the follow up to acclaimed card game and iOS app The Battle for Hill 218.
36. Machine Made: Rebirth
Machine Made: Rebirth is a classic fantasy/sci-fi RPG, you will play as Tibby, an angelic girl lost in a world of advanced technology, magic and corruption. Having lost her memories, Tibby must find a way to rediscover her history and her true self to overthrow the evil Machine God that threatens the world.
There are a colourful cast of characters, character customization, crafting, special summoned allies, and Memoria, items that will reveal the backstory of Tibby and her people, the Zephyrim, and will help the player to reveal the secrets of her past. These items activate scenes that will show the player Tibby's memories.
This game is developed for the classic retro RPG lover, someone who is waiting to sit down with a compelling cast of characters, level them up, and allow the story to unfold as they lead the heroes to victory, romance and truth, ultimately saving the world from destruction at the hands of a Machine God!
A single-player, point-and-click style noir that will make you question what it is to exist. It is unlike anything else you will ever play.
"If you knew my mind you could never love me," spoke Amy. Beckett was defiant, she was everything to him. Time has passed. Amy is dead. A missing persons case leads Beckett down a decaying rabbit hole to the outskirts of reality. Set in a world unlike anything you've experienced, this is an original surreal noir by The Secret Experiment. Take control. Explore. Navigate. Interact. Talk. Defy. Listen. Be careful. This place is unfamiliar. Make it your own.
The whole experience lasts around 3 hours. It will be in your head for a long time to come.
The surreal noir is to be showcased in The V&A, the world’s leading museum of art and design, who have hand-picked Beckett as an example of design excellence in storytelling and digital media.
Thank you for supporting independent videogames.Praise for Beckett:"A rare example of total and genuine auteurism in the games world" - Glixel, Rolling Stone
"convincingly uncompromised" - Alphr
"Beckett impresses at every turn." - Cubed3
"The Secret Experiment has done something extraordinary with its absurdist noir, Beckett. They have managed to conflate exploration of a town with exploration of the protagonist's battered psyche. Shrewd use of text along with compelling visual and sound design results in an innovative and engrossing experience." - Russell Lees, creator of The Dark Eye
"A powerful experience for those willing to dive into it." - Big Boss Battle.Includes:- An original multi-layered story, discovered and reconstructed by the player and their imagination
- A dynamic narrative that responds to the way you play the story and interact with its world
- A bizarre and compelling world, filled with hand-made objects and artefacts
- A unique soundtrack and soundscape composed and aligned to the story and the world it exists in
- A pick-up-and-play interface, no gamer-skills necessary - just an inquisitive mind
- Questions about what it is to exist, the fragile nature of reality and the dark-humour that underpins lifeFeaturing:- Morgellon & Ekbom Live Here - a short, interactive play, featuring the voice of John Otway (if you don't know it, you should check out his hit Really Free and its B-Side, Beware of The Flowers).
- Spectacular abstract environments to be explored and discovered, digitally painted by Herman Serrano (Weird Dreams, Chaos Engine, StarGlider)
- Illustrations by the incredibly talented Sean Mulvenna, and original screenprints by the fantastic Al White
- Programming by Gordon Bell (MotorStorm, The Shoot, Need for Speed: The Run)
- Design, direction, words, music and 'made-things' by Simon Meek (Slabovia.tv & The 39 Steps)
- Access to the dark recesses of your own mind
38. XXZ: Strip Club
Zombie Apocalypses turned out to be somewhat different from what science fiction authors used to write. Only women can turn into zombies. Day Z caught you in one of the biggest strip clubs in Las Vegas. You are gathering a group of three people in order to escape the city.
The fight system is based on “match 3” principle.
Stunning zombie girls.
39. High Noon VR
There is a new sheriff in town! High Noon is a fun VR shooter that where you play as new sheriff in a small town somewhere in the Wild West.
Although, the things are not doing that well in this town. Hordes of bloodthirsty outlaws terrorize poor peaceful townsfolk and they could be real pain in the neck of a new sheriff. In your neck. So make ‘em dance! You are the Law now. And the time has come for them to learn that once and for all.Wild West settingImmerse yourself into the true Western - the scorching sun, prairies and saloons. Fight and win on the colorful locations of the Wild West!Huge arsenal of weaponsFrom regular revolvers, rifles and dynamite to unconventional harpoons. Choose and upgrade your weapons right - your life depends on it!The higher your skill, the better the rewardThe game encourages you to play “in style” - achieve goals by a killing sprees, multiple headshots and double your reward!Justice is in your handsEnemies get tougher and bosses get deadlier with each new level and location — upgrade your arsenal and mow them down. Every single one of them has different look and behavior, but they all have a common goal - to get rid of the new sheriff.
Join the fight, upgrade your weapons, and compete with your friends. Dynamic battles against dozens of enemies, a vigorous soundtrack and vivid, stylish visuals in the classic Western atmosphere awaits you. You are the Law now!
40. Once on a windswept night
Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, there was a traveller...
Our protagonist, a mysterious traveller, wanders the far-off land of Desservir searching for patrons to buy their wares.
Upon hearing about a large annual market in the village of Castella, the traveller decides to set up a stall and try their luck.
Life, however, is not so easy.
After being double-crossed by a goblin and left in the middle of the cold, wet moors to die, the traveller almost gives up hope.
That is, until they stumble upon a mysterious church in the middle of nowhere, and meet the two nuns who attend to it.
What are these two nuns doing on their own, and why is there such a melancholy atmosphere in the air?
The traveller has only one windswept night to uncover these mysteries and learn the truth.
- This VN has choices and multiple branches
- The script is around 40k
- Since it's a yurijam VN, it focuses on yuri (GxG) relationships
- Includes lots of unfair achievements that are hard to get
- Custom sprites, backgrounds, and OST
- Written by the author of Asphyxia, Strawberry Vinegar, and Emmeline Burns
- Most importantly of all, it's completely free!
41. planetarian HD
It is thirty years after the failure of the Space Colonization Program.
Humanity is nearly extinct. A perpetual and deadly Rain falls on the Earth.
Men known as "Junkers" plunder goods and artifacts from the ruins of civilization.
One such Junker sneaks alone into the most dangerous of all ruins -- a "Sarcophagus City".
In the center of this dead city, he discovers a pre-War planetarium.
And as he enters he is greeted by Hoshino Yumemi, a companion robot.
Without a single shred of doubt, she assumes he is the first customer she's had in 30 years.
She attempts to show him the stars at once, but the planetarium projector is broken.
Unable to make heads or tails of her conversation, he ends up agreeing to try and repair the projector ...
※English version published by Sekai Project
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~
42. 音灵 INVAXION
In the late 21st century, human civilization has been destroyed by their own creation. Artificial Intelligent has taken control of the world government. All human are forced to erase their emotions and update into a so-called “higher intelligence”. A whole new era has begun as Earth was lead by intelligence and complete sanity.
Those who survived fled into space with their spaceships, codenamed "Ragnarok".
Centuries later, a mysterious mercenary army named "INVAXION" arrived among the humans. They gathered whoever still have faith, and be missioned to collect the fragment of music and art, claiming emotions that once be seen as vulnerable, will be their best weapons to start a revolution against the A.I. and reshape the civilization.
More than hundreds of high-quality music from well-known artists all around the world.
Card collecting system with cute anime characters and live2D animations. Let's start an adventure with your favorite character!
The story unfolds as the player explores the world.
Compete with other players in Competition Mode, reward your skill with glorious!
43. Shattered God - Quest for the Divine Relic
Shattered God is a 2D Action-RPG that builds upon the classics, but introduces new ideas for a fresh experience.
Made with its unique, fun gameplay as the main focus, it'll surely impress, challenge and surprise you with its many interesting mechanics, features and content.
- Unique battle system that's challenging, fun, and player-skill based. Do you want to kill the final boss with a level 1 character? You can!
- New Chat and NPC system that'll have you piecing together the lore and backstory of the world with what you get out of the people you meet. If they know about it, and feel like telling you, of course.
- Your choices truly affect the story, determining not only what ending you get, but also how the adventure itself plays out, with exclusive party members, bosses, challenges, etc.
- Over 40 enemies, including 15+ bosses, to battle! No enemy feels the same, as they all have their own attacks, spells, abilities, special attributes and even AI. Not even the recolors fight the same!
- 60 different Spells and over 45 special Artifacts to collect! Spells and Weapons are all equally powerful, and there's no weakness system, so use what you like best and is better suited for the situation.
- More than 10 dungeons, some being completely optional.
- 4 party members, each with their own abilities, spells, weapons and dialogue. Some of them can even leave you based on what you do throughout your adventure.
- 3 different endings with variations based on what you did and who's with you when the journey's over.
- New Game Plus, with increased difficulty, that keeps everything you obtained from your previous adventure, letting you choose a different story path to take and granting access to new areas.
We're a very small team of passionate creators, and we hope you enjoy our dream project. Thanks a lot!TRADING CARDS ARE READY FOR WHEN STEAM ALLOWS THEM!
Fabric is a first person puzzle game in which you bend spacetime to solve challenging puzzles and complete glitchy-themed voxel-based levels.
Your goal is, basically, to reach the end of the level. To achieve this goal, you won’t need to collect numerous of items, won’t craft anything absurd or won’t try to persuade a chatty AI: In Fabric, you will change the shape of voxel-based levels and physics with your gun. This gun allows you to bend space, squeeze the world, separate tiles from each others and bring them together.
- 60 Unique Puzzles: Fabric challenges you to over 10 hours of gameplay with 60 unique and mind blowing levels.
- Bend the Environment: When you select two tiles with your gun, everything between them will disappear, and the world will squeeze according to these two tiles.
- Defy The Laws of Physics: Fabric is a platform puzzle, so you can change physic to bend level as you want. E.g. changing gravity upside down lets you to walk on upper floor.
- Mess With Your Brain: Puzzles are levels themselves. Bend the half of level vertically or horizontally, bring separate parts together and re-separate them to create a path which you can move on.
- And More: Electric cables, power fields, more glitches...
Categories in common with Fabric: Indie
45. Hearts of Iron
Hearts of Iron is the first ever World War II PC game of true Grand Strategic scope. The game map spans the entire world and allows players to take part in any front they choose. You can play any nation in the world, but the game focuses on the epic struggle between the great alliances of the world orders - Fascism, Communism and Democracy.Epic gameplay - Global map with all the nations between 1936-1946.
Scenario generator - Allows the players to modify and construct their own settings and campaigns and add national detail in thousands of combinations!
Deep diplomatic model - Unique system to simulate political systems and their effect on neutral nations in relation to alliances.
Domestic political system.
Highly advanced research model - Change the course of war by getting super weapons and better production capabilities.
Real Time gameplay set to pause at any time - One minute of gameplay translates to one hour passed in reality.
Historical generals and political leaders - Thousands of real persons researched for individual detailed uniqueness.
Strategic level military system - over 100 different ground, air and naval forces fighting the total war on divisional level.
Categories in common with Hearts of Iron: Strategy
46. Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords
Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords is a strategy game developed by Stardock Entertainment. It came out on 21-02-2006. Stardock Corporation published the game. The game is rated as "Recommended" on RAWG.
Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords is available on PC.
Categories in common with Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords: Strategy
Rigonauts is the fantastical building battle game from Engient. Snap together the ultimate vessel and send your crew of Hobs into battle. With a well designed ship and a clever plan, your crew will smash and blast past an assortment of strange and dangerous foes. Of course no single plan survives the enemy and each tactical tweak will bring you closer to victory.
48. Sol 0: Mars Colonization
Sol 0 is a real time strategy game where you establish the first Martian colony. From the first human footprints on Martian soil to a thriving and self-sustaining colony, Sol 0 imagines a near future using technology that could be available within the next few decades. Make use of minerals and resources across the Martian surface to expand from the first exploratory rover to an independent frontier.
From Chondrite Games, Sol 0 gives players the ultimate chance to take on the challenges inherent in pushing the boundaries of space exploration and habitation. Grow food, extract water, build habitats, generate electricity, evade unpredictable Martian weather, mine natural resources, and construct increasingly complex and sophisticated colony bases.Challenging simulation
You’ll be faced with balancing food and water needs, oxygen and energy supplies, natural resource collection, and preparing for weather disasters including meteorite impacts and dust storms. Prioritize the supplies you bring to ensure your colony’s survival.Become independent from Earth
The technology featured in Sol 0 is inspired by concepts currently being developed and deployed for Martian exploration. From water and mineral extractors, rovers with fine-tuned instruments, and biology labs that cross-breed bacterial strains from Earth’s extreme environments to increase food production on Mars, the available tools reflect an ever closer reality.Explore Mars and worlds beyond
Ice caps, lava plains, and arid equatorial regions each offer distinct challenges to success, and randomly generated maps provide extended playability. Build custom maps using the Sol 0 Map Editor, and share your creations with other players.
How would you command your forces if you stood outside of time? Send your units forward and backward through time to the very moment when they're needed most? Double your forces by sending them back to fight side by side with their past selves? Would you execute a feint by executing an attack on their resources, and then change your original orders to target their production facilities? Or would you go deeper...
Achron is the world's first meta-time strategy game, allowing you to dynamically alter your past and future actions, send your units back and forth through time, even engineer temporal paradoxes that work to your advantage. Play through four single player campaigns, or then go online to face off against your friends in a fully dynamic temporal environment!
- The first game to ever feature competitive multiplayer time travel
- Time travel strategy allows for creative and subversive tactics which can be chained together to protect, undermine, escape, and set traps in nearly infinite combinations
- Move freely around the timeline to preempt your opponent's strategies, gather intelligence from different time frames, and undo tactical mistakes
- Send your forces forward and backward through time
- Up to 15 simultaneous players in a single game
- Order heirarchies allow for easy management of large groups of units across multiple time frames
- Unique RTS gameplay mechanics balanced by state-of-the-art mathematical game theory techniques
- Compelling and thought-provoking story
- 30+ hour single player experience of four single player campaigns, spanning 35 unique and engaging levels
- Includes level editor and SDK that allows players to easily create their own maps and game mods
- Achron's engine tackles classic time travel scenarios, including paradoxes, allowing players to effectively create their own fully fledged time travel stories in battle
50. Lagoon Lounge: The Poisonous Fountain
StoryThe protagonist is a furry who quit his job after a decline in his health due to overwork. Because of his exhaustion, his old friend takes him in at a seaside village to recover.
Lately, there have been loud rumblings accompanied by mysterious earthquakes in the village. This phenomenon has been named "The Giant of Harusu". In this village being flooded with curious tourists, the main character will work as a waiter at a restaurant alongside his friends.
The main character also receives a warning from one of his friends soon after moving in. "Don't go anywhere near the fountain in the village's plaza." He will soon come find out what kind of threat it poses.Game ContentsThis visual novel has furry characters and homosexual content. This game's system emphasizes convenience and replayability, so you can chose any episode from a list after reading and easily make different choices.LanguagesThis game supports multiple languages. With the press of a key, you can switch languages anytime during gameplay. This is a great tool for learning a new language!