The best games like Minecraft are:
- arrow_rightDust: An Elysian Tail
- arrow_rightThe Escapists: The Walking Dead
- arrow_rightA Boy and His Blob
- arrow_rightCult of the Wind
- arrow_rightTerminal Velocity
19 Best Games Like Minecraft:
Filter by Platform Linuxarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (20)
- PlayStation 4 (25)
- iOS (26)
- Android (5)
- macOS (75)
- Linux (51)
- Nintendo Switch (19)
- Nintendo 3DS (3)
- Nintendo DS (4)
- Xbox 360 (12)
- Xbox (3)
- PlayStation 3 (17)
- PlayStation 2 (6)
- PlayStation (7)
- PS Vita (8)
- PSP (5)
- Wii U (2)
- Wii (11)
- GameCube (4)
- Game Boy Advance (3)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (3)
- NES (4)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (12)
- Atari 7800 (1)
- Atari 2600 (1)
- Atari ST (10)
- Genesis (6)
- Dreamcast (1)
- Game Gear (1)
- Web (1)
1. Dust: An Elysian Tail
Dust: an Elysian Tale is an action role-playing game with metroidvania elements set in an imaginary world called Falana. Dust, the main character, with his sentient sword called Blade of Ahrah and guardian Fidget explores the “2D” side-scrolled environments. According to the storyline, Dust wakes up in the forest meadow and finds himself unconscious. Then, after meeting the sentient sword and its keeper, Dust decides to find the keys to his past. Players are offered to assume the role of Dust on his way through the world. Dust can upgrade his characteristics (health, magic, strength, and defense) by spending gained experience points. The gameplay also features metroidvania mechanics, so players have to progress within the game and upgrade Dust’s skills in order to achieve special goals hidden throughout Falana. During Dust’s travel through levels players are able to contact with other characters to trade or to get side quests.
Wakfu is a turn-based MMORPG developed by Ankama games. This is an indirect sequel to 2004 game Dofus.
The game takes places in the same universe as Dofus but in 1000 years after the events of the previous game. The player must defeat an ogre named “Ogrest” which presumably made the world flood.
The game follows a player-created avatar, which can choose one of eighteen classes available in the game. Each one has several unique abilities not available to other classes. Unlike other MMO RPGs, the player gets all of the classes’ abilities from the start and can only strengthen them as they progress. After completing early sections of the game, the player can also join one of many in-game nations. The nations control parts of the world and are ruled by the real-player governor. The governor can appoint up to seven other players to run his administration. Each nation has its laws that can be changed by the governor. Players that break the law become outlaws and can be killed by other players without any penalty.
Like in other MMORPG, character progression depends on the experience they get. To get new levels, players can complete the quest, fight mobs and explore the dungeons. The combat in Wakfu is turn-based and incorporates some elements of tactical role-playing games.
3. The Escapists: The Walking Dead
Rick is in charge of a band of survivors featuring many of the original comic book cast, including Maggie, Hershel, Glenn and Michonne. Rick must secure the safety of the group by seeking out a safe escape route from each area, and manage several dangerous tasks to keep as many of the group alive as possible. The game faithfully matches the timeline of the comics, meaning Rick must first fight his way out of the Harrison Memorial Hospital, visit the Greene family farm before visiting destinations such as the Meriwether Correctional Facility and Woodbury.
Protect the living and escape the dead as you play through the award-winning comic's epic story.Features
- 5 Locations: Tackle 5 of the most infamous locations from The Walking Dead story including: Meriwether County Correctional Facility, Woodbury, and Alexandria
- Epic Crafting: Choose from over two hundred + different items to make over 70 tools or weapons to aid your survival.
- Well known characters: Interact with all your favourite characters from the comics and recruit them to help you with important tasks.
- Routines: Make sure you and your survivors keep up your daily routines - it's important for morale!
- Guns!: Firearms will now be available to craft or discover - they are handy for keeping walkers at bay!
- Zombie hordes: Use your wits and your survivor companions to fend off hordes of hungry walkers.
- Steam Achievements: Be sure to check every desk and room if you want to get them all!
- Steam Leaderboards: Optimise your plans and strategies to complete the levels in the fastest time.
- Cloud Saves: Take your game on the go to make sure you can get your fix.
The Escapists: The Walking Dead Deluxe Edition includes:
- The complete official soundtrack of the game.
- A Digital Artbook containing comic strip scenes from the game and some bespoke artwork.
- The First Edition of The official The Walking Dead comic
*To access the artbook and comic, go to the properties of the game in your Steam library then hit Browse Local Content. You will then find the files in the Art folder.
*The Soundtrack can be found in the Music section in your Steam client.
4. A Boy and His Blob
A Boy and His Blob makes its triumphant return! A reimagining of the NES classic, as the boy, you feed your blob jelly beans and watch him transform into cool and useful objects to solve puzzles and escape danger. With its robust and emotionally driven story, challenging puzzles, and visually impressive art style, A Boy and His Blob is sure to become a classic once again.
When Blobolonia is threatened by an evil Emperor, the blob comes to Earth looking for help. Instead, he finds a young boy. Help the blob dethrone the evil Emperor that's terrorizing Blobolonia and establish a friendship with the blob that will last a lifetime.
5. Cult of the Wind
Cult of the Wind is a game about people who pretend to be airplanes.
"In an unknown time and place, a cult that worships the wreckage of ancient airplanes gathers to mimic the dogfights of old. With the peak of humanity far behind, their world is a mausoleum to a lush and verdant Art Deco past."
In Cult of the Wind, players compete and cooperate in ritualistic multi-player human dogfights, complete with imaginary weapons, pretend explosions, and airplane noises made with their mouths. Shower your friends in a hail of imaginary bullets and proclaim, "I got you! You have to lie down," to which they respond, "Nuh-uh, I have a shield." You argue about whether or not airplanes can have shields, meanwhile some other guy does a cannonball onto your head while whistling. It's great.
With an intuitive point-and-click level editor you'll be able to craft new levels or modify existing ones, then immediately share them with anyone on a server, even if you aren't the host. You can also craft a personalized appearance for your character with numerous articles of clothing and more.
- Simple, robust level editor
- Instantly share your creations with others
- Character customization
- Dozens of imaginary weapons and abilities
- Infinitely expandable content
- Blindingly high-speed mock combat
- Weird noises
Gnomoria is a sandbox village management game where you help lead a small group of gnomes, who have set out on their own, to thrive into a bustling kingdom! Anything you see can be broken down and rebuilt elsewhere. Craft items, build structures, set traps and dig deep underground in search of precious resources to help your gnomes survive the harsh lands. Build your kingdom and stockpile wealth to attract wandering gnomads to your cause, but be wary of also attracting enemies!Key Features:
- Procedurally generated world - Every game is different
- Fully destructible environment - Everything can be mined, dug, chopped and rebuilt or used for crafting
- Open sandbox gameplay - Play how you want - manage a peaceful town or build up military and fend off invasions.
- Crafting - Tons of items to craft at different workshops
- Mechanisms - Construct elaborate contraptions using parts like hatches, levers, steam engines
7. Terminal Velocity
Take flight in this pure action game that should come with a barf bag! Climb into Terminal Velocity now and you'll never go back to flight simulators that offer combat as an "option." Terminal Velocity is combat! All without the difficult controls presented by all flight simulator style games.
Created by the former lead programmer of Microsoft Flight Simulator, Terminal Velocity features a fast frame rate, realistic outdoor environments, and the unique ability to fly through tunnels and into underground caverns. Quite simply, Terminal Velocity is all about action, speed and destruction.Features
All-rounder: Fast texture-mapped 3D flight with full 360-degree movement.
On Top of the World: 9 totally unique planets, with 3 levels per planet, and dozens of tunnels and over 400,000 sq. miles of terrain.
Shock and Awesome: 7 destructive weapons, power-ups and incredible air-to-air and air-to-ground combat.
Flight School: Enemy ships cast translucent shadows, bank, roll, do loops, make suicide runs and more.
Fly with Friends: Supports modem, serial cable, and network multiplayer games for 8-player network support and 2-player network support.
Controller Support: Partial Xbox 360 Controller support.
Balrum is an old-school, hybrid turn-based, open world indie RPG with deep tactical combat. Explore a huge living fantasy world with dozens of side quests next to an epic main quest. In addition to traditional RPG features Balrum has deep crafting which allows the player to craft their own custom items. Balrum also features farming your own crops, building your home, and survival mechanics complemented by the game's main features. In Balrum you will have a faithful animal companion as your pet. Your pet is fully controllable and adds greatly to the complexity of the combat.
The player takes control of a young man whose peaceful life is suddenly interrupted by events which will change his life forever.Features:
- Real-Time world with Turn-Based Combat
- A huge Open World with dozens of Dungeons to explore
- Spend your learning points to create a pure class or a hybrid class
- Dozens of Side Quests and an Epic Main Quest
- Three separate paths leading to the end
- Tame various animals to be your loyal Companion
- Deep Crafting System which allows you to create custom items
- Day/Night Cycle with Weather Effects
- Survival Mechanics
NOTE: Thank you to all our backers on Kickstarter for making this game possible.
9. Planet Nomads
Planet Nomads is a sci-fi sandbox game of survival on alien planets through block-style building. You are a lone astronaut scientist crash-landing on a strangely captivating planet. Keeping your wit together and securing your basic survival needs that include food, water and building material is the best start towards figuring out a way out of this messy situation.
Planet Nomads delivers a unique gaming experience by combining building, survival and exploration together to make you you feel like a true survivor.Building
Building is the cornerstone of Planet Nomads. What you build determines your survival chances and increases your action radius. Building helps you to progress further and uncover advanced materials. Close to a hundred blocks await to let you create nearly anything your imagination can come up with.Exploration
You may have explored your immediate surrounding, but a couple kilometers North or South, things are radically different. Multiple biomes cover the planet from pole to pole depending on the climate. Sandy engine blends the biomes naturally, making sure the journey to the North pole is an epic and everchanging adventure.Survival
Surviving on an inhabited planet is no easy task, but with careful planning, caution and a healthy amount of curiosity, you can do it. As long as you overcome poisonous plants and curious beasts, avoid being slashed to pieces, frozen to death, eaten alive, starved and generally ended.
Planet Nomads has been successfully Kickstarted, is now going through its Early Access, and it's being developed and improved together with our growing Nomadic family. You are most welcome to join us.
How can a life of a Nomad look like?Day 17Things have changed radically since my crash-landing. During the first days, I was hardly able to get food. Securing every meal was a life or death struggle back then, while now I have greenhouses to produce food for me. The planet felt strangely Earth-like at first, with atmosphere composition close enough to ours so that the suit filters have no problem processing it for me to breath. Then one day I saw a pack of creatures that looked like some kind of armored gorillas. I was watching them for a while when the biggest one saw me. It stood on its legs and started thumping its chest. I got the message loud and clear and quickly departed.Day 21I have a good thing going. I started growing all of my food. I've built a rover and use it to collect resources from nearby mining spots I set up. It's beautiful out here, but it's not like I intend to settle down and grow old. I'm a building a much bigger version of the rover now. With some clever design choices I should be able to fit it with a generator, 3D printer and stasis chamber so it's all self-reliable and caring to all my needs. I intend to check what's beyond the horizon. Maybe there's a way out. Maybe there are other survivors out there.Day 26There was an unexpected turn of events today. The armored gorillas paid me a visit. I don't think they like the mining machines that much so they came to tell me. I thought I could hide inside the base and wait it out, but the beasts started throwing huge rocks at the walls and the walls were caving in with a screeching noise all around me. I fired up the one mining machine I have in my base to serve as a distraction. Luckily enough I scheduled a test run of my new mobile base for this day. It was standing by all powered up and ready. I made a run for it, quickly got into the cockpit and got away this time. But there's no going back now. I'm a Nomad.
Hundreds of stories like this await you in Planet Nomads. Come and survive your own.Game Features:
- completely mineable voxel terrain
- physics-ruled block-based building
- actual wheel physics for vehicles, rails, traps and gadgets
- multiple biomes based on temperature and humidity
- Improved animal AI to catch you off guard
- climate-based creature diversity
- automated mining machines and production blocks
- mobile bases
- survival mechanics embedded to the game's core design
- constant evolution based on community feedback
Screeps is about scripting your creeps.
Your colony can harvest resources, build units, conquer territory, trade with another colonies. As you conquer more territory, your influence in the game world grows, as well as your abilities to expand your footprint. However, it requires a lot of effort on your part, since multiple players may aim at the same territory.
Screeps is developed for people with programming skills. Unlike some other RTS games, your units in Screeps can react to events without your participation – provided that you have programmed them properly. And, unlike other MMO, you do not have to play Screeps constantly to play well. It is quite enough just to check once in a while to see if everything goes well.
- Units of all players coexist in the same real-time huge persistent world and obey the same rules.
- Many kinds of units, base building, mining resources, territory control, economy, manufacturing, transporting, logistics, trading – all the attributes of a real strategy game which you need to program!
- The better your scripts, the better your game — irrespective of the time played. Your creeps will mine, build, defend, and conquer as you just work, sleep, or walk your dog.
- Only basic programming skills are required. However, if you are a pro developer, now is the chance to put your skills to the limit!
- Edit your scripts from the in-game editor, or using your favorite external IDE.
- Lifetime MMO access with 10 CPU limit included in the starter package. Raise your CPU limit to the point depending on your game level by purchasing a CPU subscription plan or via in-game items called Subscription Tokens. The subscription cost is the same for all players, there is no way to pay more to gain more advantages.
- Host your own server, modify games rules and play with your friends via LAN or on the Internet. No subscription required. The server is an open source project.
- And many more features to come! (see Roadmap)
11. Trench Run
Make friends, then blow them to bits!
Trench Run is a mayhem-filled, laugh a minute casual multiplayer action game brought to you by the makers of King Arthur’s Gold and Soldat.
Blow your enemies to bits in muddy trenches, then sip wine with them at the bar in the first multiplayer shooter with no death.
Listen to a relaxing feel-good gypsy jazz soundtrack as you watch your screaming enemies ride rockets and explode crashing into walls. Howl with laughter. Repeat.
Turn into a shrub. Have a dance off. Buy a pet crocodile.
See you at the bar!
- Unique team-based "Run" mode for 2-10 players
- Free-for-all Skirmish mode for 1-4 players (perfect for a fun evening with friends)
- 5 classes with special skills to choose from (Assault, Sniper, Demolitions, Commando and Medic)
- Semi-random destructible maps
- Down on the ground? Grab a medikit and continue fighting!
- Play basketball and meet new friends between rounds
- Spend coins on drinks and cigarettes from the VIP bar
- Buy customized costumes and pet animals
- Online and Local couch-based multiplayer available
- Designed to be easy to pick up and play, but deep enough to play seriously
Minetest is a near-infinite-world block sandbox game and a game engine, inspired by InfiniMiner, Minecraft and the like.
Minetest is available natively for Windows, OS X, GNU/Linux, Android, and FreeBSD. It is Free/Libre and Open Source Software, released under the LGPL 2.1 or later.Features Near-infinite maps
With a 620003 block playing area, there's no running out of space. Yes, the world height is also near-infinite.Multiplayer support
Play by yourself, locally with your friends, or online with dozens of players on a server.Multiple subgames
Want to install dozens of mods at once? You can. Want to play Hunger Games? No problem!Modding API
Modify the game and add new content using the Lua programming language.Texture packs
Not happy at the look of the textures? Change the textures!
Learn more at minetest.net
Categories in common with Minetest:
13. Colony Survival
Build your own village, castle or city and populate it with colonists! Let guards, farmers, miners, foresters, bakers, smelters and artisans work for you. After the sun has set, most colonists will go to bed, but the enemy awakens. A horde of monsters will assault your colony and try to slaughter you and your villagers. Defend your colony with walls, moats and guards!
- Multiplayer support: play with friends and strangers!
- Advanced pathfinding: colonists and zombies will find their way in the world you've build. They will dynamically navigate stairs, bridges and tunnels.
- Explore a world with realistically placed biomes. A giant jungle in the center of the world, surrounded by savannas, deserts and temperate biomes. Two polar regions in the far north and south.
- Support for textures and language packs created by players
- Dynamic lighting and eye adaptation
- Voice your suggestions and be part of the development of Colony Survival!
14. Project Explore
Project Explore is a 2D sandbox survival game developed with only the best in mind. The simple yet responsive UI is there to help the player, not hinder them. It has a high-functioning inventory system- the items can have their own unique traits through metadata system. The game’s multiplayer is light-weight and has very minimal hardware requirements. With that said, server hosting is extremely optimized. The game comes with up-to-date patch notes and documentation to help with server configuration, mod creation/support, and everything in-between.ModdingOne of our priorities is mod development. We are huge fans of Feed The Beast (Minecraft Mod Pack Distributors) and similar teams. Having the freedom to be a fruit salad chef, a weapon smith, or a mercenary. That's what it's about. We are constantly encouraging users to create new mods and help us to expand what is possible with the game engine.
As a user you can install mods very easily. Simply drag mods into the mod folder and you've added a mod to your game! They work in multiplayer and singleplayer without any extra hassle. You can easily create and share them with friends.Developer Quote"I think every player deserves a voice and the direction of the game should be based on community feedback, and ideas. I've followed this idea since the beginning of the games development and so far it has helped the game become something I could not have ever imagined." -Seabass
Ether - the magical substance of immense power. It was locked deep inside the planet called Tyran by the ancient gods.
Nords - the native habitants of Tyran didn't even suspected that everything would change soon. Mysterious invaders came to Tyran out of a deep space in their search for the Ether. They wish to become gods themselves, and it's the Nords' destiny is to stop them...
- unusual mix of an RPG and strategy genres;
- simple to learn, but hard to master non casual gameplay;
- unique character development and units control systems;
- exciting multiplayer with different mechanics on each map;
- classic RTS or action RPG control schemes for players to choose from;
- can be played comfortably and effective with the gamepad;
- two playable races with dozens different units on each side;
- interesting and deep story with well crafted Tyran lore (after E/A).
16. Lethal Lawns: Competitive Mowing Bloodsport
??? WHAT IS THIS GAME ???Lethal Lawns is a Competitive Lawn Mowing BLOODSPORT, combining the relaxation of gardening outdoors with hyper gratuitous violence.
The perfect addition for entertaining parties or just to unwind, Lethal Lawns supports 2-8 player bounce-n-joust chaos between HUMANS and BOTS
4 GAME MODES, to mix things up a littleMowing Payday
- Players mow grass for pocket money, and kill each other to steal cash.
- Only the king can mow grass. Kill the king to become the king.
- Win rounds by being the last player still alive. When you're out of lives, your out of the round.
- Win rounds by killing opponents in a classic lawnmower joust to the death.
5 UNIQUE ARENAS, each with their own theme, layout and hazards.Backyard
- A simple, fenced backyard for uninterrupted carnage.
- 2 lawns divided by a busy street road. Watch out for the passing cars.
- Push your opponents off the edge to send them falling to their death.
- Swimming pools are great fun in the sun, but remember; lawn mowers don't float.
- Relax. Clear your mind. Become one with nature. Now, mow...
- Mower damage
- Exploding mowers
- Steal amount per kill
- Limited lives
- ...and more
We're hoping to be able to add more cool stuff like more customisations, features, game modes and arenas.
Have you ever wondered what Necromancers do in their spare time? They compete in EXTREME graveyard sports!
Join us for the Necroball Championship tournament and step into the shoes, or paws, of one of the all-star players in the professional Necroball circuit.
- Super fast PvP tower defense! Lead hordes of minions to victory in this ghoulishly fast-paced competitive sport amongst Necromancers!
- Pixel art wizard soccer! The first to score 50 points wins! Every time you shoot or kick the Necroball into your opponent's goal, you get 5 points! When a minion gets to their goal you get 1 point!
- Multiplayer madness! Play 1v1 or 2v2 with or against your friends in local and online multiplayer.
- Classic twin-stick controls! Easy to pick up controls that feel like a classic twin-stick shooter using the triggers for extra abilities. Move with the left stick, shoot with the right stick, and see your foes driven before you!
WARNING: THIS GAME IS AN EARLY ACCESS ALPHA VERSION. PLEASE DO NOT BUY UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO DEAL WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND INTERRUPTIONS OF GAMEPLAY
You can find a list of currently known bugs here:
If you want to keep up with the latest updates make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Modern Military Shooter - Alternate Evolution
Many people are probably thinking this is just another multiplayer first person shooter with no soul, but we want to prove that wrong! We are making this game together with the community and for the community!
Vengeance has been out for quite some time now, and now it is back better than any day before! Overhauled gameplay, more bug fixes, more languages, more maps, more weapons, specializations and better bots! Unfortunately, this will also mean, new bugs as it is still an Early Access game, please do not forget that!
Regarding the content:
- Area 314
- Blackout - A close quarters map set in a residental area construction site
- Mudfront - Very close quarters
- Harbor - A harbor, not much to say about it
- Hardpoint - Small desert town
- Legend - The legendary Titanic, back to new life
In Vengeance, you will be able to specialize your part in your team. For now you can choose between Medic and Supporter. Classically, the Medic heals his team (& himself) while the Supporter supplies more ammo. Those are subject to change and any ideas are welcomed! Upcoming classes include the "Hacker", who will be able to view Cameras, hack electronics on the map but he is very vulnerable in the field while doing so!
- Real fights - Unlike other modern shooters you do not die in 2 to 3 hits, making it possible to have a real fight
- Custom sprays with workshop integration - Download the Vengeance: Spray Editor from the Tool section and get started!
Some things that you should know:
- Early Access - If you have a weak PC, please do not buy this game. It is in an early state and not as optimized as we want it to be on its full release.
- Bugs - We cannot stress this enough, you WILL face bugs, do not forget that this is Early Access
- StG44 / MP44
- Team Deathmatch
- Gun Game
- Bot Survival
- Zombie Survival
The main plan for this year is to reintroduce Search and Destroy and incoroporate Competetive features such as Matchmaking for example.
StarsOne program was launched in 2118 with its goal of exploration the nearest stars. Convenient planet was found and process of terraforming was conducting through 7 years. The best volunteers made their way to the cultivated planet in 2125 to plant a colony and establish connection with Earth center.
The first spaceship with pilgrims arrived and they settled successfully. But soon the communication was lost – something strange happened. The character headed off to the planet for searching the survivors. Near the planet orbit he lost communication with Earth center, outfit went wrong and spaceship was starting falling down. The spaceship crew, including the character, had to evacuate. Due to breakdown escape pods were operated manually. In this regard crew members landed in different regions of the planet. The character should build a base, find out the cause of breakdown, search for his crew members and disappeared pilgrims, restore and protect the settlement and continue the space exploration.