Trying to find games like Lords of Magic: Special Edition? Try these 100 great games that are similar to Lords of Magic: Special Edition, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like Lords of Magic: Special Edition that have been tried, tested and recommended.
The best games like Lords of Magic: Special Edition are:
- arrow_rightRogue Legacy
- arrow_rightSid Meier's Civilization III Complete
- arrow_rightWasteland 2: Director's Cut
- arrow_rightShadowverse CCG
- arrow_rightLords of the Realm II
- arrow_rightLEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- arrow_rightCortex Command
100 Best Games Like Lords of Magic: Special Edition:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (19)
- PlayStation 4 (24)
- iOS (44)
- Android (32)
- macOS (74)
- Linux (48)
- Nintendo Switch (20)
- Nintendo 3DS (3)
- Nintendo DS (8)
- Xbox 360 (8)
- PlayStation 3 (18)
- PlayStation 2 (6)
- PlayStation (10)
- PS Vita (9)
- PSP (7)
- Wii U (2)
- Wii (10)
- GameCube (1)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- Game Boy (2)
- SNES (5)
- NES (4)
- Classic Macintosh (9)
- Apple II (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (15)
- Atari 8-bit (2)
- Atari ST (10)
- Genesis (4)
- SEGA Saturn (3)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- Dreamcast (1)
1. Rogue Legacy
The game begins in the castle, in which the heroes are "settled", there are also important things for the game, money and useful qualities. Much can be bought outside the castle.
You meet not only enemies but also other characters with whom interaction is possible. The smith can sell weapons and armour, and the gipsy can sell different magic things. A meeting with an architect can help with the exploration and reconstruction of the castle. The study of the castle promises useful finds. Among other spaces of the game are a forest, a dungeon and a tower.
At the disposal of the player, there is a book in which all the messages encountered during the game are collected. Messages inform us about what is there and what is happening.
The map is always generated anew and randomly, and the hero always dies at the end of the game, but all of his money is saved, and they can improve the character of the new game. The gameplay consists of searching and developing strengths and things, battling with opponents and finally - killing the main boss.
The game takes place in the city called Torchlight, which, according to the creators, is situated on the nameless mountain. The boomtown is built above a source of valuable crystal resource associated with magic. The resource is called Ember. It is not only of material and scientific value but also a source of dangerous effects on all living organisms.
Optionally, the player can take third-party quests or visit other dungeon locations, from which he cannot be transferred at any time to the city, unlike traditional positions.
The game generates each level of the dungeon, collecting together small chunks of the game environment. Each chunk is made by hand and can be used in a variety of rooms. They can contain various events and interactive objects, such as levers that open secret rooms or push bridges to a previously inaccessible site.
Also, an additional feature is that the player can choose a pet (wolf-dog, ferret or lynx), which will be fully involved in the game, helping the hero in the battles. The pet is equipped and can carry a small amount of stuff.
3. Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete
Civilization III is the third installment in 4X strategy series Sid Meier’s Civilization. The game is centered around building a civilization starting in 4000 BC and until modern days. The player can choose from 16 different civilizations (15 more are added in expansion packs included in Complete Edition) all of which have their unique characteristics and individual units.
The primary goal of every match is to defeat other civilizations. This can be achieved in different ways, such as: destroying every other civilization with, controlling more than 2/3 of the world’s land, building a spacecraft, assimilating other nations and diplomatic domination. This brings a significant amount of variety in gameplay and lets player experiment with different ways of progression for each civilization.
The Complete Edition of Civilization III includes the most updated version of the game and both released expansions: Play The World and Conquest.
4. Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
From the Producer of the original Fallout comes Wasteland 2, the sequel to the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG.
The Wasteland's hellish landscape is waiting for you to make your mark... or die trying. With over 80 hours of gameplay, you will deck out your Desert Ranger squad with the most devastating weaponry this side of the fallout zone, test the limits of your strategy skills, and bring justice to the wasteland.
- One Size Does Not Fit All: Don't feel like finding the key for a door? Pick the lock, bash it down with your boot, or just blow it open!
- Decision Making... with Consequences: With both short and long term reactivity, your choices ripple outwards, changing the game's events and forever altering the lives of those in the wasteland.
- Huge & Customizable: Hundreds of characters. Thousands of variations on your Rangers' appearance. Over 150 weapons. No two players will have the same experience.
- Steam Features: Wasteland 2 supports Cloud Saving so you can sync your saves across multiple computers!
Director's Cut New Features:
- Complete Graphics Overhaul: Rebuilt in Unity 5, Wasteland 2's environments and characters have been updated to take advantage of the latest graphics technologies.
- Perks &: Quirks: Customize your squad even more! Perks & Quirks are special personality traits you can use to give your characters even more life, with their own unique bonuses... and drawbacks.
- Precision Strikes: Fire on your enemies and debilitate them with tactical attacks! Cripple a leg to slow an enemy down, fire on their gun to blast it to bits, or aim for the head to knock them senseless – or blow it clean off.
- Expanded Voice Over: Over 8,000 lines of new voice-over dialog have been added for the game's characters and companions, bringing the Wasteland to life like never before.
5. Shadowverse CCG
"One of my favorite games this year" - IGN
From the creators of mobile sensations Rage of Bahamut and Granblue Fantasy, Shadowverse features AAA artwork and unique game mechanics that make it the most visually and tactically rich CCG on the market.
- BATTLE real–time opponents from around the world, or enjoy the fully voiced story mode
- STRATEGIZE with innovative mechanics that guarantee epic battles
- MASTER seven character classes each with unique play styles and killer cards
- SUMMON 800+ cards, each lavishly illustrated with jaw–dropping fantasy art
Install now for TONS of free gifts and join our fun–loving community of over 1 million daily players!
6. Lords of the Realm II
The lands of England and Wales are ruled by powerful feudal nobles who cruelly oppress the people. They all have their eyes on the English throne, and they’re willing to do anything to seize it. The people cry out for a leader who can unite them: A leader worthy of a kingdom.
Advancing the series’ trademark template of turn-based and real-time strategy, Lords of the Realm II takes you into the intrepid struggle of 13th century England. Turn a ragged band of peasants into an army, build massive castles, make and break alliances, and conquer your enemies on the battlefield. The road to the throne will be dark and treacherous – will you have what it takes to become King?Lords of the Realm II includes:
- The original Lords of the Realms II game
- The Siege Pack expansion, which includes additional castles, battle maps and scenarios
- Builds on a winning formula with thrilling battles and improved graphics and sound.
- Overrun your enemies’ castles in nail-biting sieges, played out in real-time.
- Be as hands-on or hands-off as you like – your Steward will help manage your kingdom.
- Design your castles, from inexpensive wooden keeps to impregnable stone fortresses.
- Lead your people: Plant crops, collect taxes, build weapons, raise armies and wage war!
- Take on up to 4 friends in multiplayer and prove yourself a Lord among your peers.
Multiplayer notice: Playing over the Internet is no longer possible. Playing through a LAN is still available.
7. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Build the adventure from Privet Drive to the Triwizard Tournament and experience the magic of the first four Harry Potter stories – LEGO style! Explore Hogwarts™ School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, learn spells, brew potions and relive the adventures like never before with tongue-in-cheek humor and creative customization that is unique to LEGO videogames!
- The Magic is Building!
- Connect the bricks from the Privet Drive to the Triwizard Tournament and experience the magic of the Harry Potter™ adventures – LEGO style.
- Play as Harry, Ron, and Hermione as well as other favorite characters.
- Explore Hogwarts™ castle, Diagon Alley™, the forbidden Forest, the village of Hogsmeade™ and more.
- Cast a spell with a friend and play through the first four stories as a team with Co-op play.
8. Cortex Command
Cortex Command is a 2D pixel art tactical game. The story is set in the future where humans united with machines so they can send their brains everywhere in the universe. Since then humans explore other planets, interact with aliens and mine gold. You play as one of these brains that are settled on an unnamed planet and needs to survive there.
As a brain you must complete multiple missions that include self-defense, exploring dangerous parts of the planet, searching for elements of the mechs and so on. There are several factions in the game; each of them has different units you can use to fulfill your plans. The environment is fully destructible and provides you with gold and other resources to protect your brain and attack the opponent’s base.
The game features a turn-based strategic campaign along with a four-player multiplayer mode. Cortex Command can also be easily modified with several in-game editors.
9. FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD is an HD remaster of FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 developed by Square Enix.
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 takes place on a fictional continent of Orience, which had been divided by four nations that call themselves the Crystal States. Each nation has a power crystal, which became their national symbols.
The crystals can mark humans as residents of a specific state. From time to time, some servants of the countries appear. They are blessed with the ability to transform into a crystal and have a prolonged life cycle. These people lose their memories other time, so they are given one specific task to complete.
The apocalypse is coming. Only several chosen ones can stop it from happening.
The game features a real-time combat system that somewhat resembles the same system from the previous games by Square Enix. The players control several playable characters at the time, as when the players assume control over one of the characters, the other characters are handled by the AI.
Each character has their own weapon, unique attacks, and abilities, which can be upgraded further into the game if the player has enough points that are gathered after leveling up the characters.
The players can focus their attacks on one enemy and execute critical hits on them or get a rare opportunity to one-hit kill the enemy. All the skills of your party can be used together to execute a special combo attack that deals a great amount of damage to the enemy.
10. Rise of Nations: Extended Edition
Rise of Nations
Rise of Nations is a real-time strategy game that spans all history.
Start with a single city in the Ancient Age; gather resources; build an infrastructure; research technologies; construct Wonders of the World such as the Pyramids and the Eiffel Tower; and expand your military might across the world, conquering hostile nations with bombers, battleships, and tanks—all over your lunch hour!
In Rise of Nations there are:
- 18 Nations—each with special abilities and unique military units.
- Over a hundred military units operating on the ground, sea, and air— from Hoplites to Frigates to Helicopters.
- Over two dozen buildings with upgrades and technologies that will take your nation from a small City to an Information Age society.
- 14 Wonders of the World—the Terra Cotta Army, the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower. Each gives your nation special bonuses.
- More than a dozen map types, ranging from the Amazon Rainforest to the Himalayas to the Nile Delta.
- Conquer the World campaign—a linked series of dozens of scenarios.
- Rise of Nations
- Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots
- Improved Visuals
- Improved water
- Improved textures
- Full-screen anti-aliasing
- Improved water
- Full Steamworks Integration
- Multiplayer with ranked matches (ELO)
- Trading Cards
- Cloud saves
- Multiplayer with ranked matches (ELO)
- Extended Features
- Twitch Integration
11. RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe
Take a trip to fame and fortune by building the biggest, best, scariest, and most thrilling rides ever seen in any theme park. Can you make money in this volatile business? Can you become the ultimate Roller Coaster Tycoon?
One of the best games from acclaimed Tycoon series, with well designed gameplay mechanics, appealing graphics, and really high re-playability value. There’s no limit to what you can create so design and build the most thrilling roller coaster the world has ever seen - and buckle up for the ride of your life!
- Includes RollerCoaster Tycoon and its two expansions: Corkscrew Follies and Loopy Landscapes
- 4 out of 5 scientists agree: this is one of the most enjoyable and addicting games in existence!
- Design and construct your own roller coaster rides or choose from fantastic pre-built designs, all with accurately simulated motion physics
12. Cossacks: Back to War
To stand alone in war is extremely unpleasant. Extremely pleasant, on the other hand, is the stand-alone version Cossacks: Back to War. Containing all of the gameplay features of Cossacks: European Wars and Cossacks: The Art of War, this is a complete care package for all current and future Cossacks fans. This add-on contains 100 captivating missions taking place between the 16th and 18th centuries. In addition, two new nations, Switzerland and Hungary, are included. These countries waged war in the late Middle Ages and essentially influenced the development of European military strategies. This addition causes the second add-on of Cossacks to pass the threshold of allowed gaming fun.
Thrilling real-time strategy game with historical background.
Fascinating 3D landscapes.
Play takes place in Europe between the 16th and 18th centuries.
Stand-alone game, other Cossacks games not required to play.
A total of 20 different European nations to command.
100 new single missions.
2 new nations: Switzerland and Hungary with a total of 8 new units.
Spectacular real-time battles with up to 8,000 units.
4 different difficulty levels.
1 new camel riding unit for Algeria and Turkey: Bedouin.
This version with low system requirements is adapted for comfortable play on any hardware from low-end computers, laptops and netbooks, to high-end PCs (with Windows Vista/7).
Ad-Hoc multiplayer play (offline mode).
Infinite AI skirmishes on randomly generated maps.
Categories in common with Cossacks: Back to War: Strategy
13. Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
England, Anno Domini 1190 – Richard the Lionheart is held prisoner and his brother, Prince John rules over the simple peasants with an iron hand and this pure force of arms forces them to bend to authority. Only one man takes up the struggle against the oppressors, supported by a small band of brave and loyal followers. His name; Robin Hood.
Roam the dense foliage of Sherwood, come face to face with royal trouble and battle against Prince John’s forces as you take on the role of legendary nobleman, Robin Hood. Team up with Little John and the rest of the Merry Men as the battle for the King’s throne ensues in this stealth-based, real-time strategy game.
- Non-linear campaign system with over 30 different missions
- Mission types from Robbery and Infiltration to Castle Attack and Ambush
- Combines action and adventure with stealth tactical elements
- Innovative combat system, interact with the mouse while fighting to access special combat skills
- Play as Robin Hood, Little John, Friar Tuck or even Maid Marian, nine characters in all, each with specific abilities and attributes
- Spectacular graphics with realistic atmospheric conditions like day, night and fog
- Explore historic locations; Sherwood Forest, Nottingham Castle, York and many more
Categories in common with Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood: Strategy
<br/><strong>Hades</strong> is a rogue-like dungeon crawler that combines the best aspects of Supergiant's critically acclaimed titles, including the fast-paced action of <strong>Bastion</strong>, the rich atmosphere and depth of <strong>Transistor</strong>, and the character-driven storytelling of <strong>Pyre</strong>.<h3>BATTLE OUT OF HELL</h3>As the immortal Prince of the Underworld, you'll wield the powers and mythic weapons of Olympus to break free from the clutches of the god of the dead himself, while growing stronger and unraveling more of the story with each unique escape attempt.<h3>UNLEASH THE FURY OF OLYMPUS</h3>The Olympians have your back! Meet Zeus, Athena, Poseidon, and many more, and choose from their dozens of powerful Boons that enhance your abilities. There are thousands of viable character builds to discover as you go.<br/><br/><br/><h3>BEFRIEND GODS, GHOSTS, AND MONSTERS</h3>A fully-voiced cast of colorful, larger-than-life characters is waiting to meet you! Grow your relationships with them, and experience hundreds of unique story events as you learn about what's really at stake for this big, dysfunctional family.<h3>BUILT FOR REPLAYABILITY</h3>New surprises await each time you delve into the ever-shifting Underworld, whose guardian bosses will remember you. Use the powerful Mirror of Night to grow permanently stronger, and give yourself a leg up the next time you run away from home.<h3>NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE</h3>Permanent upgrades mean you don't have to be a god yourself to experience the exciting combat and gripping story. Though, if you happen to be one, crank up the challenge and get ready for some white-knuckle action that will put your well-practiced skills to the test.<h3>SIGNATURE SUPERGIANT STYLE</h3>The rich, atmospheric presentation and unique melding of gameplay and narrative that's been core to Supergiant's games is here in full force: spectacular hand-painted Underworld environments and a blood-pumping original score bring the Underworld to life.<br/><br/><br/>
15. HeXen: Beyond Heretic
While you were battling the evil forces of D'Sparil, the other Serpent Riders were busy sowing the seeds of destruction in other dimensions. One such dimension is the decaying world where Hexen takes place. A world littered with the mangled corpses of nonbelievers and inhabited by the undead followers that executed them. Only three humans &endash a warrior, a mage and a cleric &endash have escaped the leaders' vicious spell. Now these brave souls have sworn to crush the evil regime that threatens to destroy the world forever. Separated upon entering the mystical portal, the three are forced to attempt on their own what they had hoped to do together: find Korax's stronghold, destroy him and restore order in the physical world.
- Become one of 3 heroes. Wield superhuman powers and lethal weapons.
- Walk. Run. Fly. Look all around. Inflict serious pain.
- Pillage your way through earthquakes, crumbling bridges and fog.
- Track down powerful artifacts and cast wicked spells.
- Four sick individuals can wreak havoc via network, two by modem.
A free-roaming squad based RPG. Focusing on open-ended sandbox gameplay features rather than a linear story. Be a trader, a thief, a rebel, a warlord, an adventurer, a farmer, a slave, or just food for the cannibals. Research new equipment and craft new gear. Purchase and upgrade your own buildings to use as safe fortified havens when things go bad, or use them to start up a business. Aid or oppose the various factions in the world while striving for the strength and wealth necessary to simply survive in the harsh desert. Train your men up from puny victims to master warriors. Carry your wounded squad mates to safety and get them all home alive. Features
17. STAR WARS Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
The destiny of a galaxy hangs in the balance, and you are in command!
Lead the great armies of the Star Wars™ Episode II: Attack of the Clones saga in intense real-time strategy clashes. Enter the fray as the Galactic Empire, Rebel Alliance, Wookies, Trade Federation, Gungans or Royal Naboo to determine the course of the Galactic Civil War.
Expand the battlefield with the Clone Campaigns addon. Choose to play as the breakaway Confederacy of Independent Systems or the Galactic Republic in 14 missions based on characters, vehicles and locations from Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.
- Execute campaigns over land, sea, and air in single-player campaigns, skirmishes, and multiplayer battles.
- Combat arenas extend from interstellar asteroids to epic ground battles to aquatic realms.
- Deploy vast armies up to 200 units per side - that can include Bounty Hunters, Jedi, Droids™, Wookiee Kat tanks and much more.
- Manage resources and upgradable technology into your strategy, such as Wookie ingenuity, advanced Gungan biotechnology and Jedi stamina.
- Create custom single or multiplayer campaigns featuring virtually any Star Wars units and settings with the Scenario Editor.
18. King's Bounty: Dark Side
Time has come to join the Dark Journey to the other side of Teana and visit a mysterious part of the world never before seen by royal bounty hunters.
For the first time in King’s Bounty series, players will be able to choose their hero’s race as well as class. Become a fearless Orcs warrior, lead and heal your troops as a Demoness, or use dark magic as a fearsome Vampire.
The world is in turmoil. After winning the battle of Tristrem, arrogant elves plunder Orcish villages, desecrate holy shrines, and massacre the innocents. Orc-Baghyr, the greatest living Orc warrior, is forced to flee with a handful of loyal followers. He vows to return with a stronger force and retake his homeland!
Armies of human knights invade the land of Atrixus. A young Demoness named Neoleene, still mourning the death of her royal father, and her small unit of devoted imps is all that stands in the way of the invading horde.
Castle of the ancient Morton clan is threatened by an army of vampire hunters. Young Daert leaves home to seek allies among the other Dark races. All must join him or perish.
Fates of the three heroes are sealed. They come together in the depths of the Black Cave, where many centuries ago races of Light imprisoned Ancient Evil. The heroes exchange vows and share antique artifacts, then gather their armies and march to fight for the very survival of their race. They must unite against the Light or face extinction!
- New companion system (different companions for each character);
- New battle companion;
- New units, artifacts, and rage abilities;
- Over 100 new quests and 15 new locations.
The all father has vanished, creating an opening in the pantheon. To fill the void, Demigods from across from the mortal world must wage war against one another in a bid to ascend to true godhood.
Set in a magical world where gods walk among mortals, Demigod blends action, strategy and role-playing elements into a thrilling new experience. Select the Demigod that will lead your minions into battle and unleash the dogs of war against your rivals. Your Demigod will do whatever it takes in order to ascend to true godhood.
Once in the Arena, each Demigod will be joined by support troops that fight to the death as you struggle to seize key control points and slowly turn the tide of war in your favor. And your Demigod will level up during the course of each battle, becoming even more powerful as you unlock new abilities and powers. It's a brutal conflict of Demigod versus Demigod, where the very ground beneath their feet will tremble and quake.
Demigod is a real-time, tactical strategy game that includes extensive role-playing elements. Choose from several Demigods, each poised for battle with their own unique capabilities and awe-inspiring powers. Vanquish other would-be gods as you gain levels, increase in power, unlock the power of mystic artifacts and slowly battle your way closer to joining the Pantheon.
Key features: Revolutionary strategy/action game that combines tactical prowess with role-playing depth.
- Your Demigod is the focus of your power in the arena. Each of the 8 included Demigods has unique powers and abilities.
- Like a role-playing game, players can purchase equipment for their Demigod, add new powers to their Demigod as it gains experience, acquire artifacts that remain persistent between games. Each Demigod plays differently enough that it provides a diverse gaming experience.
- Like a strategy game, players have strategic objectives in each arena that, when captured, provide resources that give access to better units and some Demigods have the ability to summon their own minions that they can individually control. There are gold mines that can be captured to give more resources, artifact shops that, if captured, make their resources available to your team.
- The on-line pantheon allows players to "skirmish" against other players of similar skill or take part in the on-line Pantheon tournament where players choose the path of light or darkness and earn favor points to help their faction win the tournament. Players can also play on the LAN or play custom games with friends on the Internet.
- Players earn favor points through victory with different awards given for different achievements during the game. These favor points can be used to purchase special items that exist from game to game.
- In each game, your Demigod will start at level 1. As you kill enemy grunts and Demigods and capture flags, you gain experience which will cause your Demigod to gain experience levels. When a new experience level is gained, the player can add new skills and abilities to their Demigod to make him or her more powerful.
- Demigod makes use of the same awesome technology as Supreme Commander. However, it has been greatly enhanced with Gas Powered Games' new "mesh" technology that allows the game to have incredible visuals even on older video cards. The arenas in Demigod are not your typical "maps". Instead, they have each been crafted as a full blown 3D model unto itself in which players battle on the surface of them.
[/list[b]Seize key, strategic positions on the map and turn the tide against your enemy. Push deep into their base and destroy them once and for all.
- Key resources in an arena are controlled by capturing the flag associated to that resource. When a player controls that resource, the entire team benefits. Controlling flags also generates war points which are added to your team's war score. When enough war points are collected, new upgrades in the team's Citadel become available for purchase.
Four races of wizards, adepts of four magical schools, collide in a brutal fight for world domination. Etherlords, an iconic strategy created by Nival, became a bestseller in the world and earned highest grades from critics.
Etherlords is an exciting mix of turn-based strategy and fantasy trading card game. Innovative game mechanics that first appeared in this game formed the basics of most modern games of this genre.Key Features
- 4 races of magical creatures, each with their own unique lands, architecture, spells and strategy;
- 2 battle campaigns for each two allied races;
- More than 300 spells, including sorcery, battle magic, summoning and rituals;
- More than 10 game levels, all connected by one storyline;
- 64 heroes of all races; their parameters, special abilities and selected skills progress with each level gained.
- Individual battle style for each hero with the help of their unique sets of spells;
- A combination of magical battle system based on table games and strategic use of resources;
- Full 3D turn-based battles with unlimited variety of tactical decisions;
Categories in common with Etherlords: Strategy
21. The Vagrant
Journey into a gorgeous hand-painted fantasy world known as Mythrilia and discover the truth about your bloodline and its darkest secret. Play as Vivian the Vagrant, a traveling sellsword, who follows her lost father's research in an effort to reunite with her family. Hack and slash a path from a quiet coastal village through mysterious forests, haunted castles, and wrecked battlegrounds. When the endless barrage of enemies have been vanquished, what solace will be left for our hero?The VagrantThe Vagrant is a 2D action RPG. As Vivian, you will experience an exciting and challenging adventure focused on combat gameplay that utilizes combo chains, charge attacks, and special skills, all while improving your character's build through new equipment and abilities. Play casually or become a master combatant.Key Features:
- Hand-painted, traditionally animated characters.
- Flawless, hardcore action combat.
- Over 70 deadly and dangerous monsters and beasts.
- 6+ massive level sets, all beautifully hand painted.
- Multiple weapons, armors, and accessories to loot, purchase, and discover.
- A large-scale skill set to enhance character builds for immersive and intense gameplay.
- Craft and enchant your equipment to improve your combat performance.
- Use various offensive skills to destroy your enemy. Evolve the skills with elemental enchantments.
- Multiple endings to make your adventure even more unpredictable.
- 10+ challenging Boss monster with intuitive AI and battle mechanics. Challenging even for the most advanced players.
- Monsterpedia that allows you to collect data on the monsters as you defeat them.
- Fast travel to previously visited areas to re-challenge or grind.
- Exciting and emotionally driven musical score by Gabe Castro.
- Rich and intriguing storyline development.
- 4 difficulties ranging from casual play to hardcore fighting, each with the full gameplay experiences.
- Fully compatible with Xbox One controllers.
22. The Dwarves
The Dwarves is a fantasy role-playing game with a strong story and tactically challenging real-time battles. 15 playable heroes, each with individual skills, are to be deployed cleverly. Take on superior numbers of orcs, ogres, älfs, bögnilim, zombies, dark mages and many more foes, to give them the low-down.
Based on the bestselling novel “The Dwarves” by Markus Heitz you’ll experience a fascinating tale revolving around the coolest fantasy race ever: The Dwarves!
- Tactical real-time battles: You’re fighting hundreds of foes with just a handfull of heroes. You can pause anytime to tactically plan the next smart move.
- Crowd Combat: All creatures on the battlefield are rendered with physical complexity – that’s why the battles feel especially dynamic and “real”, and enabling a lot of tactical finesse.
- Captivating story: Join the dwarf Tungdil on his adventurous journey across Girdlegard.
- Explore the world: Uncover secrets, learn more about the game world and its inhabitants, and solve optional puzzles.
- Delve into the world map: Girdlegard ranges from snow-covered summits to shimmering deserts. You can move freely on the world map, meet numerous characters, and experience adventures. But beware: A lot of your actions on the world map have far-reaching consequences!
Dwarves! Finally the coolest fantasy people are in the spotlight. The NPC days of the bearded axe-wielders are over – the age of the dwarves has come!
Categories in common with The Dwarves: Role Playing
23. The Escapists: The Walking Dead
Rick is in charge of a band of survivors featuring many of the original comic book cast, including Maggie, Hershel, Glenn and Michonne. Rick must secure the safety of the group by seeking out a safe escape route from each area, and manage several dangerous tasks to keep as many of the group alive as possible. The game faithfully matches the timeline of the comics, meaning Rick must first fight his way out of the Harrison Memorial Hospital, visit the Greene family farm before visiting destinations such as the Meriwether Correctional Facility and Woodbury.
Protect the living and escape the dead as you play through the award-winning comic's epic story.Features
- 5 Locations: Tackle 5 of the most infamous locations from The Walking Dead story including: Meriwether County Correctional Facility, Woodbury, and Alexandria
- Epic Crafting: Choose from over two hundred + different items to make over 70 tools or weapons to aid your survival.
- Well known characters: Interact with all your favourite characters from the comics and recruit them to help you with important tasks.
- Routines: Make sure you and your survivors keep up your daily routines - it's important for morale!
- Guns!: Firearms will now be available to craft or discover - they are handy for keeping walkers at bay!
- Zombie hordes: Use your wits and your survivor companions to fend off hordes of hungry walkers.
- Steam Achievements: Be sure to check every desk and room if you want to get them all!
- Steam Leaderboards: Optimise your plans and strategies to complete the levels in the fastest time.
- Cloud Saves: Take your game on the go to make sure you can get your fix.
The Escapists: The Walking Dead Deluxe Edition includes:
- The complete official soundtrack of the game.
- A Digital Artbook containing comic strip scenes from the game and some bespoke artwork.
- The First Edition of The official The Walking Dead comic
*To access the artbook and comic, go to the properties of the game in your Steam library then hit Browse Local Content. You will then find the files in the Art folder.
*The Soundtrack can be found in the Music section in your Steam client.
24. Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Epic Battle Fantasy 4 is a light-hearted turn-based RPG, heavily inspired by old classics like Final Fantasy and Golden Sun. You will battle through waves of adorable enemies, grow your characters, explore a diverse world, solve puzzles, and of course, save the world.Key features
- Over 140 different enemies to slaughter, from fluffy animals to gods.
- Over 170 different items of equipment, and 150 different usable skills, allowing for lots of character customization.
- Inspired by 16-bit era RPGs, minus the annoying features like random battles or save points.
- Contains lots of video game references, immature humor, and anime boobs.
- A mix of orchestral and electronic background music by HalcyonicFalconX. Full Soundtrack included!
- 25 hours of gameplay, plus Newgame+, survival and boss rush modes.
- Suitable for both casual and hardcore RPG players.
25. Two Worlds II Castle Defense
While the bloody battle between Gandohar’s troops and the armies of the Orcs is raging in front of the gates of Oswaroth, the emperor waits in the depths of his palace on the outcome of the struggle for power. However, he does not know that an elite troop of Orcs, led by Rogdor, is making its way through secret paths into the fortress and is now close to the portals of the throne room...
Gameplay Utilize the opportunity to slip into the role of the Emperor Gandohar and his henchman Sordahon! These villains from the "Two Worlds" universe are now playable for the first time ever in this strategy game, thus opening an entirely new perspective into the vast world of Antaloor. Using foresight and skill, you must defend abandoned ruins, dark forests and winding catacombs against the onrushing Orcs. Ward off each attack with clever tactics and weaponry, defending Gandohar's throne in the Oswaroth fortress! Are you ready to break the high score and confront the ultimate Castle Defense challenge against opponents from around the world?
- Comprehensive campaign mode provides an immersive approach to this strategic title
- Jump right into the Arena mode for instant action
- Content based on both "Two Worlds" role-playing games
- A range of environments including ruins, forests and catacombs
- Two distinct playable characters to lead your army, both equipped with special attacks such as Fire Damage or Ice Bomb
- Six uniquely different, upgradeable combat units such as Magicians and Rangers
- Dozens of different enemy archetypes in over 20 independent classes
- Advanced unit management with a variety of powers at your disposal
- Massive levels with up to 50 units on-screen simultaneously
- Individual graphics and sound settings
- Atmospherically dense level based soundtrack
- Competitive online high-score hunting in Campaign and Arena modes
26. One Troll Army
Crush hundreds of minions as the powerful giant troll!
Tiny Goblins call on you to protect their fort, in exchange for armor, money and new moves to smash and loot minions!
Goblins build towers, barracks and catapults over each wave to help you fight back bigger minions and bosses!Play Against The Twitch Chat! Enable Twitch integration to allow your viewers to directly control units
- Fight as a boss troll with 12 upgradeable skills. Kick, Knock, Wheel, Quake, Taunt, Jump, Ram and Loot your way through the horde!
- Defeat various enemies: from small rats to huge ballista-wielding rhino and buffalo bosses. 21 types of enemies and 15 bosses.
- Manage the crowd of goblins. Make them builders, looters, miners, loggers and more to harvest resources, restore the fort, get the loot and build new structures.
- Manage the fort. Build and upgrade 7 buildings with 3 levels of upgrades from small huts to great castles.
- Build and upgrade defense towers. Each fort has 4 towers with 4 types of weapons (stone-thrower, archer, catapult, bomber). Also upgrade weapon types at the barracks.
- Hire and upgrade orc mercenaries for support- but don’t let them die on the battlefield!
- More than 50 goals and achievements.
27. Thea: The Awakening
Thea: The Awakening is a turn-based strategic survival game steeped in Slavic myth and monstrosity set after an apocalyptic force known only as The Darkness has engulfed the world. There are Strigas and Baba Yagas aplenty, but there are no heroes, no monster slayers, and no great armies capable of banishing them. You have only a few hopeless and starving survivors who are desperately trying to stay alive. You are their last and only true hope!
The game combines turn-based strategic gameplay with the tension and grit of a rogue-like, a captivating story you can uncover through a series of in-game events, and a unique combat system based on a complex card battle game.
The wide range of gameplay features allows you to proceed through the world of Thea the way you prefer. You can choose to stay in your village and build up defenses, or you can go out and explore the world. Conflicts can be resolved through assassination, stealth, diplomacy, hunting, and various other ways depending on the skills your people possess. Fighting is not your only solution to conflict!
Choose your game style and save your people from the Darkness!
- Survival game in a dark fantasy setting with hexagonal turn-based strategic gameplay!
- Huge procedural world to explore – each play-through is a new adventure!
- Village management with a variety of structures to build, upgrades and technologies to discover, and items to craft!
- Over 4400 items that you can craft in your village or gather in the game’s world!
- Expeditions in which each member carries his or her gear and gains experience in battle, improving abilities like collecting resources, diplomacy, healing, black magic, and dozens more!
- Over 200 non-linear story events that can grant you riches or deprive you of all your goods including life!
- Exciting card battle game system that can be resolved by combat, diplomacy, curses, and more!
- Over 100 types of deadly creatures, many inspired by Slavic Mythology!
- Procedural creature instances – Each creature, even in a swarm of spiders, has its own skills and stats!
- Day & night cycle influence gameplay – Villagers can better recognize threats from afar during the day, and creatures become more aggressive at night!
- Multiple game endings depending on your choices with rewards and unlocks carrying over to your next play-through!
28. Puzzle Pirates
Brace yourself for swashbuckling puzzle action as you pillage your way to glory across the briny deep!
Create and customize a pirate, collect booty, and join a player-run crew of cutthroats! Every activity in Puzzle Pirates is a uniquely fun puzzle: be it sailing, gunning, or hauling treasure, your own puzzling skill determines your success!
- Co-operative Piracy: Sail the seas with your friends and pillage brigands and merchants aboard your very own pirate ship!
- A Plethora of Puzzles: Play more than 20 puzzles and mini-games, representing various piratey exploits, such as Swordfighting and Sailing!
- Sail to Adventure!: Explore a living world filled with thousands of other players! Hunt dangerous Sea Monsters and voyage to lost treasure-filled realms, such as the Haunted Seas!
- Booty!: Customize your pirate with a bounty of different clothing items and equipment!
- Player-Run Economy: Run your own shop and produce weapons, ships and other goods for sale. Band crews together under a mighty “Pirate Flag” and become governor of a pirate haven.
- Free to Play!: Puzzle Pirates is free to play, no subscription is required to enjoy everything the game has to offer!
29. Age of Wonders Shadow Magic
Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic is the third entry in the award winning fantasy strategy series. This fan-favorite enhances the series' praised fusion of empire building, role-playing and tactical combat with the eerie Shadow World and battle with races never before seen, across new and diverse landscapes.
Combined with the option of creating a totally unique environment with the map generator and rewriting the history of this world through the enhanced campaign editor, you are ensured a constant stream of completely new game experiences.
- Features a full new Campaign with 5 episodes and 16 scenarios, with new characters and a new unfolding story. 19 stand-alone scenarios are included.
- Revisions to the original 12 Age of Wonders races. Each race has a new city upgrade, which comes with a new unit. For example, the Elves can build a Secret Forest, which cloaks the town and produces Treemen.
- Three entirely new races: The steppe roaming Nomads, the sinister Shadow Demons and the otherworldly Syrons.
- Use diplomacy with your rivals as you see fit. Lay siege to enemy cities with a careful balance of tactical guile and magical augmentations. You might just be destined to become the greatest Wizard-King of all time.
- Confront rivals in Multiplayer via a LAN or over the Internet for up to 8 players - options include Play by Email, Hot Seat, and the exciting Simultaneous-Turn System allowing all players to move at the same time!
- Design your very own scenarios, heroes, items, and even new Wizards with the enhanced scenario editor, challenging others to triumph over your creation.
- Use the random map generator to create new scenarios or multiplayer challenges at the click of one button!
The Evil Draak has joined forces with Death and is destroying everything in his path! Explore huge keeps to find the 7 Legendary Crystals to put an end to his vile acts. It is highly unlikely that you'll be able to survive in the hostile regions of this desolate land. Be warned, the fighting will be fierce, but the adventure will be epic!
Join the best warriors now and pool your skills to ensure that Good triumphs over Evil!Key Features:
Replay as much as you like thanks to the 4 difficulty levels and the randomly generated dungeons, quests and items.
Play in cooperative mode with up to three of your friends for highly intense fights.
Choose from 8 characters from 4 different classes (warrior, wizard, thief and monk) with their own unique features, combat styles and defeat your fire breathing nemesis.
Upgrade your skills, choose among more than 30 sorts of weapons, 32 magic spells and progress through an epic adventure in 32 different environments.
31. Planet Alcatraz 2
Body marks: knife scar on the right cheek.
Graduated specialist in hand-to-hand combat and usage of cold and Imperial weaponry. High achiever.
Hartman was appointed commander of the reconnaissance and sabotage unit Ghoul. During the insertion to the prison planet Alcatraz the group has been attacked by unknown enemy force. Four cadets where captured, but later escaped the planet thanks to exemplary relief operation. Sergeant Hartman remained MIA.
- Sergeant Hartman is the main hero of the sequel to Planet Alcatraz adventure RPG.
- Choose between two gameplay modes: in a new ultimatistic Goblin mode Hartman is a seasoned soldier with nearly maxed combat skills from the start of the game, letting you to concentrate on the story. A regular RPG mode provides a more classic RPG experience like in Planet Alcatraz.
- Random encounters and improved enemy AI.
32. Redneck Rampage
A week from a Redneck's life:
Munday: Well, we crash-landed that UFO in the desert and Bubba says he wants to go home. Heck, I don't blame him 'cause there ain't no place like Hickston. But according to my map, we're gonna have to blast our way through jack o' lope farms and a riverboat as well as a brothel (Bubba can't wait) 'fore we get home again.
Toosday: Met new folks like Daisy Mae (she's purty). Bikers, pigs, cows and jack o' lopes. I think I even saw the King at the Slurp n' Burp.
Winsday: Yeehaw! Got to joyride in a Swamp Buggy and a motorcycle that were both armed to the teeth. I hope those peoples I ran over will be alrite. I still got a darn jack 'o lope stuck in the grill though.
Thersday: New ways to destroy stuff! I found over 10 weapons like a crossbow that shoots dynamite-loaded chickens and a slingblade. Mmmm-Hmm!
Fri-day: Sure am hungry! I just need some good ol' redneck powerups like pork rinds, cow pies and some of my granpappy's moonshine!
Saterday: Boy I sure so like those toe tapping tunes by that good ol' boy Mojo Nixon.
Sunday: Heck! With all the new places we been, I sure wish my kinfolk could've come along for the ride!
33. Sudden Strike 2 Gold
- 5 epic campaigns and a new combat theater: The Pacific!
- Massive battleships, landing craft and trains
- Command airfields and deploy aircraft
- Mechanized units now have individual crews to command
- Dynamic weather system
- Contains "Sudden Strike 2", "Resource War" add-on and "Total Victory" map pack
- Contains map editor for user-generated maps and missions
Categories in common with Sudden Strike 2 Gold: Strategy
34. Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
Enter a world of natural magic and ancient races: Dungeons & Dragons Eberron - a war-torn realm, home to an artifact of supreme power coveted by all.
Commanding your troops is only part of the war. Deep beneath the conflict, you’ll send heroes to an RPG-based underworld of beast and bounty. Be shrewd: experience gained underground effects your RTS powers above.
Two totally different factions to align yourself with, both with colliding goals. You can deliver the world into light or bury it forever in darkness.
Multiplayer notice: The game's official multiplayer servers have been taken offline and the only multiplayer option available is LAN.Varied gameplay mechanics that smoothly shift between role-playing and real-time strategy elements An enchanting story set in the famous Dungeons and Dragons Eberron universe Customizable party composition, with each hero endowed with unique abilities
35. Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Shades of Darkness
A century after the tragic events of Might & Magic Heroes VI, that determined the heroic fate of a dynasty, Shades of Darkness recounts, in two original campaigns, pivotal moments in Ashan’s darker history that will define the future of a decadent underground people and decide the survival of the dying cult of the Spider Queen. Determine the fates of two legendary factions; the Dark Elves of Dungeon and the Necromancers of Necropolis.Key Features:
- Master the Powers of Darkness: Lead the new Dungeon faction on a path to define the destiny of the Dark Elves, as they seek to become masters of deception, stealth, and assassination. Their future lies with Malassa, the Dragon Goddess of Darkness. Befriend her mysterious children, the Faceless, and if you dare, awaken her avatars, the legendary Black Dragons!
- New Content & Original Tactics: a full new lineup of 7 creatures, new hero classes, a new town and buildings set, a new mount, dozens of new artifacts, abilities and achievements. The Dungeon gameplay is completely original and tactically challenging.
- Ashan’s Darkest Paths: Play two original and thrilling campaigns starring two fan-favorite factions and their legendary heroes pitted against villains of mythical stature. Discover the fascinating nuances of Darkness that the rich and proven fantasy setting of Might & Magic is excited to unveil. There is always an even darker path.
- The Must-Have Heroes VI Expansion: Shades of Darkness is a compelling conclusion to the Heroes VI experience, and an indispensable addition to every fan’s collection.
- Standalone Expansion and Ideal Initiation: an ideal way to discover the critically acclaimed gameplay of Might & Magic Heroes VI. Shades of Darkness is a standalone expansion and ideal epic initiation for first time players.
- Experience the unique mix of Turn-Based Strategy and RPG: Explore extra-large adventure maps, collect resources and build extraordinary cities. Perfect your tactics to level-up your heroes, recruit troops and lead them for combat on tactical battle maps
- Rediscover the richness of the Might & Magic Universe: Discover fantastic landscapes and creatures from the world of Ashan. Enjoy improved 3D designs and brand new Townscreens.
36. Uncharted Waters Online
Voyage across the globe and through the ages, exploring the empty corners of the map. Discover lost civilizations and artefacts, command a lucrative trading fleet, terrorize the seas as a bloodthirsty pirate - the choice is yours!Key Features:
A WORLD OF POSSIBLITIES
Become and Adventurer, Soldier, or Merchant and conquer the seas however you choose! Take on over 75 professions and train over 100 different skills to create your perfect Captain. Each level unlocks new abilities and locations around the world, plus dozens of unique customizations to truly stand out from the crowd.
COMMAND YOUR FLEET
Captain over 500 ships from across history, each with their own specialties and abilities. Helm a nimble exploration ship, a deep-hulled trading vessel, a warship armed to the teeth, or something of your own creation. Each ship has its own set of deep customization options, allowing you to craft the fleet of your dreams.
ACROSS THE GLOBE, THROUGH THE AGES
Experience the historic Golden Age of Exploration in a massive open game world dictated by player actions. Interact with global diplomacy and realistic exchange markets and participate in historical events controlled by a server-wide World Clock that radically impact the game world.
GATHER YOUR CREW
Form a fleet with your friends and strike out on the seas together. Work together to explore the world, complete quests, battle foes, and synergize your skills to make a name for yourselves in the world. You can even open your very own bazaar and exchange with other Captains to expand your trade empire!
37. Deadly Sin 2
A thousand years of peace are shattered by betrayal, political upheaval, and war. Play as the hero Carrion Iblis, as the story of Siegfried, the Empire's true successor, plunges the world further and further into darkness.
Immerse yourself in a world of conflict as several opposing factions clash for dominance over the Archaelus Empire and its people. Take up the mighty blade of Carrion Iblis as he and his friends tear through a massive web of manipulation. Theirs is a journey that will crack open the doors of destiny, setting the stage for a truly epic struggle for the fate of the world!
In this adventure, Carrion must clash against enemies from within and without. He will face down his own countrymen, repel an invasion of undead foes, conquer his personal demons, find love, and challenge the power of the heavens.
Deadly Sin 2 is a 20-30 hour fantasy RPG epic. It is not a direct sequel to Deadly Sin 1; much like the games in the Final Fantasy series, Deadly Sin 2 is merely the next in a line of spiritual successors to the original. Deadly Sin 2 boasts a massively improved battle and menu system, as well as all-new features.
1) A fully scripted, back-view, conditional turn-based battle system by Mithran. This is a sophisticated evolution of the traditional RPG battle formula that includes a winner-take-all threat system, and new stats, including Speed, Build, Shield Block, MP Regen, and Equipment Weight.
2) An original soundtrack written by the game creator, Harmonic.
3) A large amount of dynamic, enjoyable, and rewarding side-quests that bring the world to life!
4) Augment system: customize any weapon, shield, or helm/body/arm armor with augments that you find or purchase around the world. Augments add stats, status effects, elemental changes, and other enhancements that are endlessly fun to play around with.
5) In-depth skill point system: each PC has a unique skill tree. Invest skill points gained from leveling up or completing quests. If you don't like how your character is developing, you can have your skill points refunded at an inn!
6) Monster nodes: find these nodes to disable random encounters and obtain skill points. If you want to fight enemies again, the monster nodes can be turned back on at your will!
7) Mouse interface: you can use the mouse to do almost everything, including movement. You can choose not to use the mouse by simply moving it off screen. Use Alt-Enter to toggle full screen mode.
Overfall is a fantasy role-playing game of rough diplomacy and tough action. Explore, negotiate, and fight your way across the high seas!
You will lead two heroes on a journey across the high seas in search of their lost king. You will encounter people of all breeds and all creeds; ally with them or crush them without mercy. You will face many dangers; survive them and you may unlock new characters, weapons and skills. In a world where death is permanent, you must return to the beginning and make a fresh start. The heroes you choose, the weapons you unlock and a world that is randomized mean that no two adventures will ever be the same. Key Features
- A huge, dynamic world to explore, ruled by a number of races in constant conflict - it’s up to you to help or betray them
- Challenging and addictive turn-based combat - careful strategy and cunning skill combinations are the key to victory against your foes!
- Permanent hero death, procedural world generation, and high replay inspired by classic roguelikes
- Interactive story encounters where the choices you make and the allies you recruit ensure no two journeys are quite the same
- Unlock new classes, weapons, trinkets and skills as you progress in the game
- Beautiful hand-drawn art of of 9 player characters, 36 combat companions, 80+ enemies, 80+ NPCs, and 100+ locations
39. Original War
An American geological expedition, under a UN mandate, assesses the natural resources in a distant part of Siberia, deep in the trackless steppes of Eastern Russia. But instead of oil, they discover a deposit of a hitherto unknown mineral.
American scientists working for Department of Defense find out that this mineral is in fact identical to the substance used to power an extraterrestrial artifact in their possession. This object is called the EON (Extraterrestrial Object Nexus).
It was found in 1919 by Colonel Emerson near the site of the Tunguska explosion. Emerson was the commander of a US military unit in charge of transporting US war supplies from the city of Vladivostok to the Eastern front during World War I.
DoD Experiments have shown that items placed in the capsule are transported hundreds of thousands of years back in time. The American scientists were not able to understand its construction, nor could they manage to synthesize its fuel. Eventually, the machine - classified Top Secret - was stored, pending further advances in human science.
40. Skyward Collapse
How do you balance -- and indeed encourage -- a war between factions without letting either side obliterate the other? How do you rule over gods, creatures, and men who refuse to obey you? How do you build a landscape of villages when bandits and mythology are conspiring to tear it down? Skyward Collapse places you into the role of The Creator, and frees you to tackle these problems your own way. Brought to you by the developer of the modern strategy classic AI War: Fleet Command, Arcen's second full strategy title is equally unique (but far easier to learn): a turn-based 4x strategic god-game.
Your task is to build and populate the floating continent of Luminith. You create -- but cannot control -- gods, creatures, and artifacts from both Greek and Norse mythology. The power you wield with these is immense: Heimdall's horn causes everyone outdoors to drop dead, for crying out loud. Your task is to keep both factions alive and fighting until The Master calls you home -- but this is harder than it sounds. Bandit Keeps pop up periodically, as do Woes such as floods, serial killers, guild strikes, and vegetarian uprisings. Every game plays out differently, and you'll need even the craziest of your powers in order to survive what lies in store for you.Game Features
- A turn-based strategic god-game where you control neither faction, but instead strive to maintain the balance of power.
- Make towns and war as the boardgame-like floating continent continues to construct itself around you.
- Persuade your minions into doing what you want by controlling the circumstances of their (brief) lives.
- 16 gods, each with unique passive abilities and three active powers, help you further your goals as you pass into the Age of Monsters.
- Level up your player profile by winning games. Twelve unlockable buildings in all!
- Straightforward controls paired with an intuitive and helpful interface make this an easy title to pick up... but the strategy runs deep.
- Multiple difficulty levels let you play a very relaxed game up to a nail-bitingly difficult one. There's no one best way to win!
- Co-op multiplayer for up to 8 players.
41. Mystik Belle
Being a student of mystical arts is hard work, doubly so if you are Belle MacFae - a freshman student at Hagmore School of Magic. The teachers and the staff are mean, her friends are few, and her grades suck. Worst of all – Belle has a tendency to be at exactly the wrong place at exactly the wrongest time. Like tonight, for example, when she stayed up late to practice her fire magic, but instead got framed for upsetting an ancient ritual. And what better way is there to punish an unlucky first-year student, than to charge her with an impossible task on the worst night of the year? Re-create the Walpurgisnacht Brew, or be expelled, and with all manner of spooks taking over the school, expulsion is starting to sound better by the minute.
Inspired by games like Slightly Magic, Puff in Dragonland, and the Dizzy series, Mystik Belle is a hybrid of a classic point-and-click adventure and a modern metroidvania.
While playing it you can expect to do some of the following:
- Get hopelessly lost in the massive school building and its surrounding areas.
- Find items and solve inventory puzzles. Or just clog up your pockets with useless junk.
- Interact with other inhabitants of Hagmore. Learn clues, help them out, ruin their day with angry flies.
- Fight through hallways infested by over 60 unique monster types.
- Defeat 8 bosses.
- Learn new magical and not-so-magical abilities.
- Ogle at retina-burningly colorful pixel art.
- Punch Cthulhu in the face.
- PLEASE be advised: Mystik Belle is NOT just a metroidvania - it's a true adventure game. You will not get far without having to solve inventory puzzles or talking to people.
- By default, the game contains some language not suitable for younger kids. A much more kid-friendly E-10 version of the dialogue is included, and can be selected from the options menu.
- OSx version of the game doesn't support the Steam features like the overlay, achievements and trading cards. I will look for a way to get this sorted out as soon as I can. You can still get the game's internal achievements which will transfer to your Steam achievements once this is fixed.
- I am temporarily unable to update the Mac version of the game due to changes to OSX and introduction of mandatory developer fees. I will resume Mac updates once I have the money to pay Apple their ransom.
- Linux version of the game appears to only reliably support the Xbox 360 controller. This is a known issue of all GameMaker Studio games. More information regarding it can be found here.
42. Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
In order to lift the curse placed upon the inhabitants of Veldime 15 years prior, the protagonist's mother attempts to summon the evil Overilord Zenon so that her son Adell can defeat him and lift the curse. Instead his daughter, Rozalin is summoned, and Adell commits to returning her home to her father, as well as to defeating her father when they find him.
The game is a turn-based strategy RPG in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactics. Classes gain abilities by gaining character levels, and can level up those abilities through use. New items and equipment can be bought or won in battle, and can be powered up up by entering and winning battles inside a given item. Characters can also "gang up" on enemies by performing combos that are activated by positioning other characters near an attacking character. This action only uses the attacking character's turn, leaving the others free to attack again. Clever coordination can have characters attacking quite a few times per turn. New characters can be created (or even reborn as other classes or just more powerful versions of the same class) by petitioning (or even bribing with special items) the Dark Assembly with "Mana" you earn by defeating enemies.
Categories in common with Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories: Strategy
"Warbanners" is a turn-based, tactical strategy game with role-playing elements. Managing a squad of mercenaries, the player will experience the story campaign's 42 missions, with the ultimate goal of solidifying their place in the ancient legends.
• Create a unique army: hire and equip soldiers, develop their fighting qualities, and learn new skills.
• Hire assistants: although they do not participate in battles, assistants give different bonuses, including a formidable catapult, poisoning enemies, increasing morale, and much more.
• Immerse yourself in a multi-faceted battle system that takes into account a variety of factors, including landscape and lighting, the direction of the unit's gaze, morale, and fatigue.
• Use the environment for tactical purposes: freeze rivers, chop and burn trees, dig trenches, build bridges and barricades, and so on.
• Choose the optimal level of difficulty: from easy for beginners, to nightmarish for sophisticated tacticians.
With every step marked by blood and iron, an invisible but deadly threat becomes more tangible. Darkness, brooding in the corners of the soul, becomes ever more palpable....
44. Desert Law
Desert Law is a new spin on the traditional real-time strategy that immerses players into a post-apocalyptic world where gasoline is the new world currency.
In Desert Law, player takes on the role of Brad as he begins his quest for vengeance against those who ruined his very existence. After returning to his home village and finding the settlement plundered and destroyed, Brad swears to bring justice to the memory of his slain village. Uniting desolated outcasts, he forges a fighting unit to strike out against bandit gangs, drawing allies under his banner.
Use your tactical skills to survive in the harsh wasteland as you control a group of heroes with different statistics, drive various vehicles and fight your way through the enemy lines.Features
- Post-apocalyptic settings
- Over 30 missions with multiple objectives ranging from defense, to rescue, to all-out assault
- Detailed isometric visuals combining 2D and 3D graphics
- Modified Blitzkrieg engine
When stargazer Zach watches the sky one night, he sees a star fall and land in the nearby woods. He rushes to check it out, only to find that out the star was actually a girl, and with her, magic returns to the world.
– Over 200 quests to find and complete for rewards
– Customize Aura’s magic abilities by finding meteors
– Seek out puzzle caves for additional rewards
– Three possible weddings between party members!
– Travel by boat, by underground train and by firewing
Categories in common with Stargazer: Role Playing
Dinocide is a classic NES inspired old-school single-player platformer in a prehistoric fantasy world. Dinocide tries to capture the drive and fun of that era and recreate it in a modern way!
DescriptionThe protagonist has to save his love interest who was kidnapped by an evil and mysterious Dinosaur God. You are accompanied by your own tame Dinosaurs, who act as a mounts, brother in arms and a true friends. With their help, you can jump higher, run faster, swim, fly and do a lot more things that an ordinary primitive man would never be able to do by himself. To reach your goal, you will travel together through the lands inhabited by ancient creatures and unknown dangers.
- Dinosaur mounts make you faster, stronger and offer a variety of tactical abilities.
- Non-linear progression by different routes leads to varied ways to complete your journey.
- A multitude of different biomes to visit - deserts, jungles, forests, lava caves, oceans, ice plains and more!
- Weird creatures you've never seen before!
- Unique time/life mechanic. One bar shared for both: food meter and life of your character.
- Full controller & Steam Big Picture support.
- Classic action. Don't think. Don't feel. Just go. React. Kill. Jump. Eat. Ride. Like in the good old times! You are not here to watch a movie!
- Several game modes: Story Campaign, Speedrun, Boss Rush
- The unmatched fun and drive of an 8-bit era game!
47. Crown Champion: Legends of the Arena
In Crown Champion: Legends of the Arena you are not a hero, a noble ruler, or even a combatant. Instead, you are the new owner of a team of fighting slaves, one of the many factions who compete for the adoration of the common people in the ancient storied arenas of the Crownlands.
Your task will be to oversee the training of your fighters and build your estate into an effective school of combat, all while trying to enhance your personal reputation and standing among the nobles of the realm. This is an expensive business, and the king demands his taxes - so you must make sure to manage your treasury with care and attention.
Glory awaits those with a bold heart and a steadfast mind, as well as a place for their faction among the legends of the arena ...
- Inherit a dilapidated estate and a couple of fledgling fighters, and then over time develop it into a prestigious academy for your team of fighting slaves. Restore the ruined buildings and hire new staff to serve your every need, from doctors and trainers to cooks and scribes.
- Progress through twelve arenas and dozens of opponents to reach the royal arena in the city of Aldmoor, where your slaves will fight for the glory of the king and queen.
- Develop relationships with whichever fighters you choose to acquire from the slave ship, each of whom comes with a unique personality and a fully fleshed-out backstory.
- Train your fighters and purchase new and stronger equipment as your fortunes increase, progressing through shortswords and basic leather coverings to halberds and full plate armour.
- As your reputation grows you can also choose to become engaged with the turbulent politics of the realm, following a series of 'choice and consequence' based storylines and meeting many important characters along the way.
- And of course, you must have a life outside of the arena. Find a husband or wife to share in your glory. Build stables and start keeping a team of racing horses to bring more money into your household. Forge a legacy to last the ages.
48. War Theatre
War has come to Kasalli. As endless conflict rages, seven warriors discover an ancient power that promises mastery over any battlefield.
From the developers of Mecho Wars, War Theatre expands classic turn-based strategy gameplay with RPG elements. Choose your hero and take to battle in single-player campaigns set in a continent ravaged by ceaseless war. Complete quests to earn perks and unlock deeper customization options to refine your strategy and dominate opponents in online or local multiplayer.
49. Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar takes you to the plains and forests of ancient Gaul where Julius Caesar wages a decade long war to subjugate the barbarian hordes.
Hegemony Rome will immerse you in the history like no other real time strategy game ever before, forcing you to pay close attention to the changing seasons and rapidly changing military situation. Unfolding across an epic satellite-accurate map stretching from the Mediterranean coast to the British Isles, the game utilizes the Hegemony series' trademark zoom to seamlessly take you from a grand strategic view of your empire right down to the battlefield at any time.
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar brings the past to life as you manage your armies and manipulate your enemies in a beautifully drawn simulation of 1st century BC warfare. Bring all of Gaul under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. Or, unite the Gallic tribes in the expanded sandbox mode and end the threat of Roman rule forever.
- Direct from the hand of Caesar – Four campaigns follow the conquests of Julius Caesar as he wrote them in Commentarii de Bello Gallico. Bridge the Rhine, invade Britannia and conquer the Gauls in over 100 objectives or choose from over 20 factions in the epic sandbox mode.
- All new map – Explore over one million square kilometers that are seamlessly zoomable, from the Mediterranean coast to the shores of Britannia.
- Improved graphics engine – Hegemony Rome supports 10x the terrain detail over previous installments and features a diverse and immersive landscape to explore.
- Build an empire – The construction system allows players to build forts, walls, and bridges at thousands of sites across the map to cement Roman control over the barbarian kingdoms.
- Promote your legions – Players can train officers to augment their unit’s skills as well as appoint governors and construct buildings to expand and improve their cities.
- Starve your enemies – Supply camps and logistics system makes sieges and supply lines more intuitive and more important than ever.
50. DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale
DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale is a 2D puzzle dungeon crawl with RPG, move optimization and resource management elements.
DROD RPG combines DROD's puzzle elements, strategy, world and story backdrop with player stats, weapons and armor, one-on-one monster duels, items, custom power-ups and treasure. It was inspired by the classic Tower of the Sorcerer and is similar in flavor to Desktop Dungeons.
As a puzzle/logic game, level layouts, items, enemy encounters, and treasures are all hand-crafted to bring you a series of engaging, well thought-out puzzles that are a joy to solve. Navigate through series of interlocking rooms, looking for the exit on each level. Spend hit points and resources wisely to power up and advance. Decide which pre-placed monsters to fight along the way. Battles resolve deterministically according to a clear set of rules. Get rewards from defeating enemies now or come back later when you're more powerful and can take less damage (hint: this is typically the better option).
Combining DROD's straight-forward interface and flexible puzzle widgets with the staples of dungeon crawling and resource management makes for a unique, genre-busting gaming experience. Play this game to relax and contemplate, or take advantage of its huge depth and optional elements of challenge and replayability to optimize your score against other Steam players. Along with a powerful level editor, modding capabilities and an enthusiastic player community producing novel puzzle content, this is a game you can enjoy for years.
Help Tendry, a member of the scattered Stalwart Army, escape from entrapment far beneath the surface. He might not be the ideal warrior, but he's got a lot of panache to make up for his lack in prowess. Or at least he's always good for a laugh. Keep him from killing himself in battle long enough to save his homeland of Tueno from the menacing Underground Empire.
- Upgraded version with Steam achievements, leaderboards and auto cloud-sync.
- 13 interlocking puzzle levels of interconnected rooms, filled with monsters, treasure, traps, secrets, and surprises.
- 25 custom swords, shields and special items to discover, each with unique capabilities.
- Dozens of monster types and boss enemies with varying abilities and behavior.
- Many other game elements based on DROD's singular logic puzzle experience.
- Powerful campaign editor. Dozens of high-quality free usermade levels available to play!
- Active, friendly player community on the Caravel Forum.
Contains both DROD RPG and the OST.