Games Like Layers of Fear
Category: Adventure , Simulation, Indie,
Platform: PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, iOS, macOS, Linux,
Trying to find games like Layers of Fear? Try these 50 great games that are similar to Layers of Fear, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like Layers of Fear that have been tried, tested and recommended.
- Game like Layers of Fear for PC
- Game like Layers of Fear for Xbox One
- Game like Layers of Fear for PlayStation 4
- Game like Layers of Fear for iOS
- Game like Layers of Fear for Android
- Game like Layers of Fear for macOS
- Game like Layers of Fear for Linux
- Game like Layers of Fear for Nintendo Switch
- Game like Layers of Fear for Xbox 360
- Game like Layers of Fear for Xbox
- Game like Layers of Fear for PlayStation 3
- Game like Layers of Fear for PlayStation 2
- Game like Layers of Fear for PlayStation
- Game like Layers of Fear for PS Vita
- Game like Layers of Fear for PSP
- Game like Layers of Fear for Wii
- Game like Layers of Fear for GameCube
Games Like Layers of Fear: Batman: Arkham Knight,Prey (2017),Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition,Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus,Call of Duty: Black Ops,SOMA,Alien: Isolation,Resident Evil 6,BioShock Remastered,Insurgency
1. Batman: Arkham Knight
Batman: Arkham Knight is the final instalment for the Arkham series by now. Joining forces with Bruce Wayne for the last time, we have to oppose Scarecrow and other iconic villains such as The Riddler, Harleen Quinzel a.k.a. Harley Quinn, Penguin and others.
The story continued after events in Arkham City when Joker died due to infection in his blood. Now, Scarecrow tries to release a new fear toxin, meanwhile new mysterious Arkham Knight plots against Batman as well. Still having consequences after being poisoned by the Joker and seeing visions with him, Bruce has to prevail the death of Gotham City.
The gameplay mechanics stays the same to the Arkham series. Melee combat system, use of the detective skills to find clues and gadgets still play a major role in Batman's fight against evil. Although now you can travel around not only by your grappling hook but a legendary Batmobile as well. Iconic voices of the characters, Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammil once again return to give their voices for the last game in Arkham series.
2. Prey (2017)
Prey (2017) is a single-player sci-fi first-person shooter developed by Arkane Studios Austin and published by Bethesda Softworks. While it is technically a reboot of the 2006 game of the same name developed by Human Head Studios, of which the sequel suffered a fall into development hell before the license was sold to Bethesda Softworks, there is no relation between the stories and universes of the two games.
The game is set in the near future of an alternate reality. You find yourself stranded on the Talos I space station, invaded by hostile aliens referred to as the Typhon. To survive, you must explore Talos I in search of weapons and resources to fight off the invaders. Along the way, you'll use neural modification devices to learn skills and psychic abilites.
Prey's gameplay loop takes heavy inspiration from System Shock and Bioshock. The game received critical acclaim for its gameplay and its atmosphere. Prey received one paid DLC extension called Mooncrash which introduced a roguelite mode and a free update called Typhon Hunter which introduced a multiplayer mode inspired by classic prop hunt.
3. Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition
Batman: Arkham Asylum is the first game in Warner Brothers’ action-adventure franchise Batman: Arkham. The game takes places in fictional Asylum on Arkham Island near Gotham City where dangerous and mentally unstable criminals are kept.
The story follows Batman as he captures Joker after his assault on Gotham City Hall. The game starts when Batman accompanies convoy that transfers Joker to the Arkham Asylum. With the help from Harley Queen and corrupted police officers, Joker manages to escape. He releases his gang members takes over the Asylum. Now Batman must defeat Joker, restore order in Arkham and save Gotham from bombs that Joker planted in it. During the game, the player meets several characters from Batman universe such as Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Commissioner Gordon and others.
The gameplay is a mix of action sequences, investigations and puzzle solving. In action sequences Batman has to defeat villains with brute force or stealthy, using his numerous gadgets.
The Game of the Year Edition of Batman: Arkham Asylum includes support of 3D displays, two pairs of 3D glasses, and six previously released DLCs.
4. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus is a singleplayer FPS developed by MachineGames. It is the third installment in the rebooted series.
Set in the alternate 1961 where Nazi Germany won World War II, the game picks up right at the end of Wolfenstein: The New Order. After sustaining heavy injuries in the battle with Wilhelm "Deathshead" Strasse, BJ Blaskowicz orders a nuclear strike on Deathshead's compound in order to cripple the Nazi war machine, but he is evacuated by his comrades before the rocket launch. Blaskowicz falls unconscious for 5 months and is woken up by a Nazi attack. The player has to repel the attack and end the Nazi reign over America once and for all.
The New Colossus features several stealth-action elements, just like the previous title in the series. There are some major differences in the mechanics: now BJ can modify his weaponry on-the-go, dual wield two different weapons at the same time. The cover system makes a comeback. The Protagonist doesn't stick to cover, leaning out of it instead.
The game offers a linear storyline, but the player is free to complete side-missions in any order they like. Completing these missions is rewarded with new weapon upgrades.
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops is a first-person shooter, a seventh installment in the series altogether and a sequel to Call of Duty: World at War. The game takes place during the Cold War and shows different historical periods of it.
The main character is a CIA agent, set out on different classified missions and tasked with eliminating enemies if needed. The story in the game is complicated, featuring characters from the previous games, and historical figures like JFK and Fidel Castro. Despite its emphasis on the scenario and real-world plausibility, Black Ops doesn’t lack in gameplay terms, as the combat system is, as established in series, extensive and realistic. The graphics are made for the player’s highest level of entertainment, with massive special effects and excellent quality of every detail.
Call of Duty: Black Ops features a trademark multiplayer system, with different game modes, competitive play, and cooperative maps. The players can earn ranks for their performance, unlock new customizable weapons and different perks for use in the upcoming battles.
SOMA is a sci-fi survival horror that makes you rethink the description of death. You play as Simon Jarrett who was injured in a crash accident and agreed for an experimental operation on his brain. He wakes up at an abandoned underwater facility full of mutants. Trying to figure out what’s going on, Simon finds Catherine Chun, a scientist, who tells him about the technology of copying the human personality.
The gameplay is based on exploration and puzzle solving. There's no combat, and you are meant to avoid enemies and act stealthily. To progress through the story, you need to search for clues, read multiple notes and solve puzzles.
Though there are monsters in SOMA, it frightens with its atmosphere in the first place. A dark, abandoned station with dead people, uncertainty and the lack of any understanding of what is waiting for you is scarier than screamers and blood rivers. Moral choices you have to make don’t affect the story much: instead, they change your attitude to the events, so it’s you who develops through the game.
7. Alien: Isolation
Alien: Isolation is an action-survival horror game played from the first-person perspective for a more intense experience. The game is not a sequel to any of Alien games, but it is directly connected to the original 1979 Alien film, so the gameplay includes historical references, and the game itself transfers the unique atmosphere and the old vision of the future. The action is set 15 years after the film events. Young Amanda Ripley accompanied by Nina Taylor and the android Christopher Samuels reaches a distant space station Sevastopol to investigate the case of her mother Ellen Ripley (the protagonist of the 1979 film) disappearance. On the way to the Nostromo’s (Ellen’s spacecraft) flight recorder, Amanda will face plenty of hardships like hostile androids and Aliens because the Sevastopol station is wholly abandoned. Players have to explore the entire station inhabited with Aliens. Due to the crafting system, players can create the necessary gear to prevent contacts with countless enemies.
8. Resident Evil 6
Bioterrorism ... Terrorists infect the US President with a vaccine that makes him an aggressive zombie. And one of the heroes of the game will have to kill him. Behind the terrorists, there is a mafia organisation that wants to hide the truth about the impossibility to control the biological weapons developed by it, which turns people into zombies. Bioterrorists opposed by a detachment of special forces - it serves two other characters.
The action of the game periodically turns from a personal vendetta into a global catastrophe and back. One President-zombie is replaced by whole cities of infected. Zombies and mutants, bioterrorists, special forces and mercenaries - they all act constantly, fight and survive in open territories and secret bases.
In total, you can play for seven characters, including a woman - the head of terrorists. Four story campaigns, after going through one line of the plot, you can choose another lens and see the events from a different perspective.
There are many enemies, but ammunition drops out of them after death. The more dangerous is the enemy, the more ammo is dropped. In hand-to-hand combat, various combo attacks help. The complete passage of the game is described as approximately 25 hours of pure action.
9. BioShock Remastered
BioShock is set in an alternate dimension in 1960. Our main protagonist Jack is the sole survivor of a plane crash in the Atlantic Ocean. With help, he gets to the Rapture - underwater city created by Andrew Ryan that wanted to create a utopia. After arriving in the city, however, he discovers Little Sisters and Big Daddies, and it is clear to Jack that there is something not okay with the city.
Being a first-person shooter, BioShock works with an active weapon and a plasmid, on the other hand, giving the player the ability to use some supernatural powers and developing unique combos with it. Many of the weapons have different types of ammunition that are effective against some specific types of enemies. Same goes for plasmids, as you need to know weapon will be effective. By retrieving EVE, you will be able to fill your resources and use plasmid once more. Although the economics of the game is more complicated as you need to gather money for refilling resources and ADAM for purchasing new skills for your plasmid. In Remastered edition, games framerate and technical issues being fully fixed making this a modern-looking game.
Insurgency is a first-person shooter, which provides players with both PvP and co-op multiplayer experience. Unlike other shooters, Insurgency features a hardcore gameplay lacking the on-screen crosshair, health and armor indications, and mini-maps. For the more, each weapon instantly kills other players with one shot in the head and with the maximum of 4 shots in the body, which is quite realistic. As far as the action is set in the timeframes of the Iraq War, the two opposing sides are U.S. troops and Iraqi rebels. The gameplay is divided into 9 PvP modes (Push, Firefight, Skirmish, Ambush, Occupy, Infiltrate, Flashpoint, and Elimination) and 5 co-op modes (Checkpoint, Hunt, Survival, Outpost, and Conquer). PvP matches are held according to 9 various scenarios (depending on the chosen game mode) with the maximum of 32 player count (16 for both sides). To start a match, players have to select a character class and proper equipment. In the co-op game mode, players are offered to compete with AI during the completion of a specific game objective.
11. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Alan Wake's American Nightmare is a third-person shooter game, a follow-up to 2010 Remedy Entertainment title Alan Wake. However, it is not a full-fledged sequel to the game but rather a spin-off. The game’s tone and style are much more light-hearted and comedic than in the original, and the color palette is significantly brighter.
The game’s story takes place two years after the original game in a fictional town Night Springs, Arizona. The series protagonist, Alan Wake, must defeat his dark doppelganger, Mr. Scratch to escape the Dark Place. American Nightmare’s gameplay is very similar to that of the original game; however, this time it is much more action-oriented, rather than story-driven. Its combat is centered around the same chief combat mechanic – focusing the flashlight on enemies on making them vulnerable to weapon.
12. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is a first-person survival horror, an indirect sequel to 2010 title Amnesia: The Dark Descent. The gameplay is most parts identical to that of previous game and consist of exploring surroundings, solving puzzles, and avoiding monsters. Like in the previous game, your character is practically unable to confront monsters and has to hide from them to survive. However, there is no more sanity meter, and inventory in Machine for Pigs and puzzles are more physics-based than in The Dark Descent.
In Machine for Pigs, you play as Oswald Mandus, a first game protagonist’s descendant, and successful industrialist. He recovers after a fever which lasted for a few months after a disastrous expedition in Mexico. Not remembering anything about it, later he finds out that he build a mysterious machine in the basement of his mansion and his house is full of swine-like monsters. The player must restore Oswald’s lost memories and reveal the secret of the machine.
London, 1918. You are newly-turned Vampyr Dr. Jonathan Reid. As a doctor, you must find a cure to save the city’s flu-ravaged citizens. As a Vampyr, you are cursed to feed on those you vowed to heal.
Will you embrace the monster within? Survive and fight against Vampyr hunters, undead skals, and other supernatural creatures. Use your unholy powers to manipulate and delve into the lives of those around you, to decide who will be your next victim. Struggle to live with your decisions… your actions will save or doom London.
BE THE VAMPYR – Fight and manipulate with supernatural abilities
FEED TO SURVIVE – Be the savior and the stalker
SHAPE LONDON – A web of interconnected citizens reacts to your decisions
14. Styx: Master of Shadows
Styx -- is a foul-mouthed two-century-old goblin that’s seen it all.
He sticks to the shadows to survive and reach for his goal -- a rare magic artifact that lays deep in the miles-long, multilayered Akenash tower. But the story is not that straightforward as it may seem at first and has couple twists that will keep a player interested until the end credits. Help Styx uncover secrets of his origin and grab all the goodies on the way!
Embark into the dark world of Akenash tower with unforgettable grumpy commentary from the Styx himself. The world changes dynamically based on player input and developing as well as the story goes. Crawl your way through the tower by orchestrating accidents for your enemies, fighting them in close combat, or just by evading them using one of the Styx’s skills.
This is the first take on the genre by french Cyanide Studio that fans may know by the Blood Bowl and Pro Cycling Manager series but a promising one: the game was well received among Steam users and console players all over the world.
15. Syberia 2
Syberia 2 is a classic third-person point-and-click game from the famous French game producer Benoit Sokal. Play as American lawyer Kate Walker. She abandoned her stressful life in New York and ended up following her recent case into snowy Russian tundra -- Syberia.
Continue the story that grasped players hearts in the first installment of the series. It is impossible to get stuck or die but the mere atmosphere and graphic design creates tension and lets player fully immerse into the game universe where surviving remnants of prehistoric beasts still live.
The game was ported to a number of systems and gained the new life on new Nintendo console -- Switch.
16. Deponia: The Complete Journey
Deponia: The Complete Journey is a remaster of an approved Deponia trilogy consisting of initial Deponia, Chaos on Deponia and Goodbye Deponia. There is also a fourth installment widely considered parallel and off-canon. Another feature of The Complete Journey — four hours worth of developers' comments.
Deponia is a point-and-click adventure set on the planet of the same name. The game features 2,5D gameplay which means there are layers to the static background. As in the most games of this genre, the game includes interactions with the objects on the screen some of which are: pick up, combine, use for puzzle and talk to, if the object is animate.
The title features multiple hints if the player finds himself stuck at the level. Hints can be turned off.
The story derives from the planet Deponia, the population of which were forced to move to the city called Elysium leaving Deponia as dumpster behind them and considering all its inhabitants to be dead.
The player follows a story of Rufus who is eager to follow the quest of his father's life and reach Deponia. Sadly, his ship brokes and he is forced to live on Organon ship — this is the organization responsible for dumping trash on Deponia's surface. Rufus is set to find out the truth about Deponia undoings.
17. Hand of Fate
Hand of Fate is an unusual combination of various genres. It is based on mechanics typical for deck-building board games, but also features rogue-like and hack-and-slash elements. Its approach to the storytelling is typical for tabletop RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons.
You play cards against the Dealer, who is both your DM, opponent, and narrator of your adventures. Each card represents an item, a character, or an encounter. You navigate your character through the story that unfurls as you reveal the cards and make your choices. The goal is to collect a powerful deck of cards that give your character better weapons, armor, and other equipment. You can unlock more cards after you defeat bosses and complete quests. The Dealer’s goal is to hamper your progress, as he plays his cards to put new obstacles in your way.
Most of the time the game will only show you the cards and the Dealer who sits across the table from you. You will learn the events from listening to him and reading the text on cards. Battles, however, are actually fought in real time by animated characters on visualized 3D arenas. This is very unusual for board game simulators and brings some variety into the gameplay.
18. Homefront: The Revolution
Homefront: The Revolution is an open-world FPS developed by Dambuster Studios. It is the second game in the series.
In 1972, a technological marvel emerged in North Korea. The APEX corporation was found. Sometime later, the North Korean technologies become more widespread than the US. In 2004 the United States began to buy its weaponry from Korea. By 2016 the United States economy is at an all-time low, the US invade the Middle East. In 2025, the US debt to North Korea grows too immense to be paid out, and the economy crumbles. While being helpful at first, North Korea's military set foot on the American soil. You become a part of the resistance based in Philadelphia in 2029 trying to set the city free from Korean People's Army.
The players have to use the insurgency strategies in order to free the city of Philadelphia from the KPA. A wide set of explosives, jammers, and traps is available to the player. It is possible to modify the weapons the player has on the go. Attach suppressors, scopes or convert your weapon entirely as you see fit.
Philadelphia is split into three zones: the Green Zone where the KPA and their collaborators live in comfort with stable electricity supply and clean drinking water; the Yellow Zone which serves as a ghetto for most of the Philadelphia residents; the Red Zone which mostly consists of bombed-out suburbs of Philly.
A four-player co-op mode is present in the game and is separated from the main campaign.
19. Wasteland 2: Director's CutFrom the Producer of the original Fallout comes Wasteland 2, the sequel to the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG.
The Wasteland's hellish landscape is waiting for you to make your mark... or die trying. With over 80 hours of gameplay, you will deck out your Desert Ranger squad with the most devastating weaponry this side of the fallout zone, test the limits of your strategy skills, and bring justice to the wasteland.
- One Size Does Not Fit All: Don't feel like finding the key for a door? Pick the lock, bash it down with your boot, or just blow it open!
- Decision Making... with Consequences: With both short and long term reactivity, your choices ripple outwards, changing the game's events and forever altering the lives of those in the wasteland.
- Huge & Customizable: Hundreds of characters. Thousands of variations on your Rangers' appearance. Over 150 weapons. No two players will have the same experience.
- Steam Features: Wasteland 2 supports Cloud Saving so you can sync your saves across multiple computers!
Director's Cut New Features:
- Complete Graphics Overhaul: Rebuilt in Unity 5, Wasteland 2's environments and characters have been updated to take advantage of the latest graphics technologies.
- Perks &: Quirks: Customize your squad even more! Perks & Quirks are special personality traits you can use to give your characters even more life, with their own unique bonuses... and drawbacks.
- Precision Strikes: Fire on your enemies and debilitate them with tactical attacks! Cripple a leg to slow an enemy down, fire on their gun to blast it to bits, or aim for the head to knock them senseless – or blow it clean off.
- Expanded Voice Over: Over 8,000 lines of new voice-over dialog have been added for the game's characters and companions, bringing the Wasteland to life like never before.
20. Deus Ex: The Fall
Deus Ex: The Fall is a first-person role-playing stealth-action game developed by Eidos Montreal. It is the fourth installment in the series. The game serves as a prequel to Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
The year is 2027. Human augmentations are a common thing. Bex Saxon, an ex-SAS, gets employed by a PMC called Belltower Associates. Hiding from the Illuminati in Costa Rica, Ben starts to experience augmentation rejection syndrome because of a global shortage of Neuropozyne which suppresses the symptoms. Ben unravels a global conspiracy revolving around the drug and tries to warn the World Health Organization.
Like the previous installments, the game features a high degree of role-playing. Players are able to upgrade their augmentations, unlocking more and more abilities. An inventory system is also present. Players have the option to use lethal or non-lethal approaches using different takedowns, and a wide range of weaponry. The levels are fairly open-ended so it is possible to complete a mission without even confronting the enemies.
21. Red Comrades Save the Galaxy: ReloadedRussia is in a midst of Civil War. Both the front line and Ural River splits the village Backwoods in two. One part of the village is somehow controlled by the brave Red Army division headed by Chapaev. Remnants of the cowardly Whites are still comfortably stationed on the other side.
Vasily Ivanovich Chapaev and his fellow aide Petka wake up to find themselves in a bad hangover and in a worse mood. They realize that someone has stolen the Red banner from the HQ. Our heroes are totally depressed with such a misfortune, just like every decent Red army fighters should be.
This unbearable offense leaves them no choice but to sneak into the enemy territory and to retrieve the precious banner.
Although it's not the end of the story yet! Somewhere on the moon, legions of alien invaders prepare to conquer Earth. But could such a little thing really give a scare to the Red Army heroes?
• Incredibly lush new high-res hand-painted graphics!
• The beginning of the epic and captivate adventures of beloved characters.
• Breathtaking story
• Enormous amount of puzzles to solve
• Hilarious gags
22. Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary EditionExperience one of adventure gaming’s most stunning masterpieces all over again in this blockbuster retelling of the award-winning 1993 murder-mystery, which adds all-new puzzles, scenes, and HD graphics!
Blending the best of yesterday and today, it re-imagines the 1993 original, voted one of the greatest games of all time, for an entirely new generation of fans. As struggling author and bookstore owner Gabriel Knight, players will investigate a series of savage ritual killings in New Orleans and their connection to voodoo’s sinister mysteries.
The deeper you dive into master storyteller Jane Jensen’s tale of terror and suspense, the closer you’ll come to discovering the secrets of Gabriel’s family history–and unfolding his destiny.Key Features:
- Relive one of gaming’s greatest adventures of all-time: Adventure Gamers' 20 Best Adventure Games, Computer Gaming World's Adventure Game of the Year 1994, and Honorable Mention in The A.V. Club's Top 100 Games of All-Time
- Experience the award-winning voodoo murder-mystery in stunning high-res 3D
- Adds new puzzles and scenes to familiar challenges
- Includes remastered soundtrack by original composer Robert Holmes
- Enjoy special extras and bonus edition content, including original concept art, behind-the-scenes extras, exclusive new interviews and more!
23. Legend of Grimrock
For all your misdeeds, you are sentenced to die at the top of Mount Grimrock. No one ever returned from this gruesome prison alive, but you can try and be the first to escape. On the inside, Mount Grimrock is full of dungeons that can allow the prisoners to slowly descend to the earth level. The dungeons are filled with intricate traps to evade, puzzles to solve, and hungry monsters to fight in real-time mode.
Legend of Grimrock has a strong old-school dungeon crawler feel to it, and its creators proudly admit that they were inspired by the traditional first-person RPGs like Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder. The player assumes control over a party of four customizable characters that are divided into three traditional D&D classes (fighter, rogue, and mage) and four quite non-traditional races (besides Human, there are Minotaur, Lizardman, and Insectoid).
There's a bit of Portal to Legend of Grimrock, in that the prisoners are instructed by a disembodied and unreliable voice that promises them a cheerful party if they make it through the dungeon. Your party can also stumble upon records left by a previous prisoner, Toorum, which don't really inspire hope. There's an achievement that unlocks Toorum as a playable character.
24. Quake IV
Quake 4 is a first-person shooter developed by Raven Software, the fourth installment in the series and the first Quake game not developed by id Software.
Storywise, Quake 4 is a sequel to Quake 2 and continues the story of the war between humans and cyborg alien race Strogg. You play as a Marine Corporal Matthew Kane, a member of elite Rhino Squad. The squad participates in the invasion on Strogg's home planet, but their spacecraft gets crushed in the middle of the battle zone. Now the protagonist must reunite with his team and finish the mission.
The gameplay shares many similarities with previous entries in the series, however this time, the game is much more single-player focused. The single-player mostly consists of fighting with aliens in different locations on foot with occasional differences such as turret sections or mech missions. One of the most notable differences in the game comparing to the rest of the series is that most of the time you are accompanied by the squadmates that help you fight enemies. The player has 12 weapons to choose from, most of which are recurring from the previous games such as nailgun, shotgun, railgun, blaster.
The multiplayer includes six different game modes: Deathmatch, Tourney, Capture the Flag, Arena Capture the Flag and DeadZone.
25. The CouncilThe Complete Season of The Council grants you access to all 5 episodes.
The Council is an episodic game like no other. Delivering a fresh new take on the Narrative Adventure, your choices and character growth truly matter. Make hard-hitting decisions, but also develop an array of skills to directly impact how the story unfolds. With permanent, long-lasting consequences, there is no going back. Plunge into a tale of intrigue and manipulation in the style of a classic murder mystery, living with a cast of alluring characters each hiding their own dark secrets. Trust no one while uncovering dire truths – no matter the cost to mind and body.
The Council begins in 1793, with players taking the role of secret society member Louis de Richet after his invitation to a private island off the shores of England by the enigmatic Lord Mortimer. Joining him are a number of high profile guests, including Napoleon Bonaparte and President of the newly-formed United States of America, George Washington. The strange nature of this private reception goes beyond just the prestigious guests –Richet’s own mother has recently gone missing on the island, while each and every one of the colorful cast seems to have their own hidden agendas.
In a new twist for the genre, the core of The Council’s gameplay comes from manipulating and maneuvering through character encounters using the unique Social Influence system. During confrontations, skills and limited resources can be used to gain the upper hand and achieve the desired outcome. Players will be rewarded for their knowledge of each character’s psychological vulnerabilities and immunities, as well as their preparations made during prior exploration and investigation. Failing an encounter does not mean ‘game over’, and no action can be taken back. The consequences are permanent, and may result in persistent physical disfigurements or mental traits that help or hinder the rest of the player’s adventure.
Richet’s numerous skills can be developed to align with your chosen approach to the adventure. Solve issues with diplomacy, delve into occultism to expand your historical and scientific knowledge, or play detective and see what others do not perceive. Your skills will have uses that extend far beyond your conversations with fellow guests. With 15 diverse skills to use and invest in, players are free to uncover The Council’s mysteries how they see fit, with wildly varying consequences depending on their methods. The results will forever alter the life of Louis de Richet, of those around him, and shape history as we know it.
26. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is a first-person horror game that combines intense action and adventure elements. You will draw upon your skills in exploration, investigation, and combat while faced with the seemingly impossible task of battling evil incarnate.Key features: Diverse array of levels from quaint towns to alien locations, including Deep One City
Dynamic Sanity system resulting in hallucinations, panic attacks, vertigo, paranoia, and more!
Incredibly detailed real-time graphics with atmospheric lighting and dynamic shadows
Intelligent gameplay involving puzzle solving as well as combat and exploration
1920s weaponry and vehicles as well as evil artifacts and alien technology
Lovecraft's famous monsters and locations
27. Thief GoldStalk your prey on the quest for stolen goods with your blackjack, sword, and an assortment of unique arrows. Steal for money and uncover the hidden agendas of your allies and enemies as you play through an unravelling story of deception and revenge. Survive in a world where shadows are your only ally, trust is not an option, and confrontation results in death!Key Features:
- Pioneering stealth based gameplay brings a new dimension to first person action.
- Thief™ Gold includes Thief™ The Dark Project (12 huge missions with multiple environments) and the Gold update (3 new campaign missions which deepen the plot and add five new types of enemies)
- Advanced enemies can see, hear, speak, and sound alarms.
- Your arsenal includes: blackjack, sword, fire arrows, water arrows, rope arrows and more
28. Hard WestFight and survive through 8 unique story-based scenarios, and try your hand at 40 individually designed turn-based combat missions. Journey deeper into the world of Hard West and meet a colorful cast of playable characters whose fates are intimately intertwined with yours. Together you will need to make divisive choices to uncover the ultimate plans of the ancient powers at play, as you unravel a deep narrative storyline featuring multiple endings depending on the choices you make during the game.Game Features
A Unique “Weird” West World: Explore a world where Western legends meet demons, arcane rituals and satanic cults and where the dead can walk the Earth again. For a price.
Compelling Turn-based Combat: Control 1-4 squad members in thrilling turn-based combat encounters and master a range of powerful western-inspired special abilities, from feats of gunslinging to survivability against all odds, to take out your opponents in a series of original tactical maps with unique story-based objectives.
Collect and Combine Special Abilities: Obtain new special abilities by collecting and equipping unique cards which are earned throughout the game by completing main- and optional objectives, exploration , bartering, treasure hunting and more. These cards can be combined to create even more powerful combos, and provide additional options in combat.
Choice and Fate: Experience a deep story where decisions made during and between combat scenarios will resonate through future events and change the ultimate fates of a divisive group of colorful characters
Luck of the Draw: Use a combat system that goes far beyond pure probability by featuring luck as a unique guardian of engaging and challenging combat
Dynamic Cover: Change the flow of combat thanks to an extensive cover system which allows for the creation of effective cover from objects in the environment, making flanking and maneuvering during battles a truly powerful tactic
Shadow Spotting: Exploit the Blazing western sun to Locate out of sight enemies by the shadows that they cast, along with the sounds they make
Ricochets: Utilize Metal objects to allow master gunslingers to shoot beyond the line of sight for increased tactical combat options, and diversified planning
40 Historically Inspired Weapons: Equip and employ an eclectic collection of deadly shotguns, rifles, pistols and sniper rifles, all based upon real outlandish prototypes, designs and ideas from the era
29. Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse is a point-and-click adventure game developed by Revolution Software. It was funded through Kickstarter.
On an art exhibition in a modern-day Paris, a criminal disguised as a pizza boy shoots the art galleries owner and steals the painting that was captured by fascists in Catalonia in 1937. George and Nico accidentally meet each other and begin the investigation of this event.
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse is a 2-dimensional game that is, unexpectedly, features a third-person camera. Like in the previous titles of the series, the game still relies on its point and click user interface. In order to bring something new into the gameplay, Revolution Software added crafting into the game. Crafting allows creating new items that are essential to progress further into the game's levels.
Like in the previous game, Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse relies on its hotspot system. There are special spots scattered across the levels. When the players stand right on them, several actions will become available for them.
Character death scenes are back again. It is possible to die if the players react too slow on something or make a wrong decision. The players do not start off the last checkpoint after death. Instead, the players spawn right before their death scene.
30. KonaNorthern Canada, 1970. A strange blizzard ravages Atamipek Lake. Step into the shoes of a detective to explore the eerie village, investigate surreal events, and battle the elements to survive. Kona is a chilly, narrative-driven interactive tale you won't soon forget.
"Parabole has created a stunning game of duality, effortlessly blending survivalism with detective work and well-researched history with dying folklore."
- Stephen Turner, Destructoid
"It’s tremendous at creating its distinct atmosphere and then drawing you deeper in. It’s witty, spooky, and achieves an ideal sense of urgency. Weird, clamant and intriguing, this is well worth a look."
- John Walker, Rock, Paper, ShotgunSettingOctober 1970. W. Hamilton, a rich industrialist who owns a hunting manor in Northern Canada, reports several cases of vandalism perpetrated against his property. Unable to find out who dared to commit these acts, Hamilton calls Carl Faubert, a renowned private detective to handle the affair.
In Kona, Carl becomes trapped up in the deep north, engulfed in an unexpected snowstorm, and is unable to find his client —or any other living inhabitant for that matter. The player incarnated detective Faubert, who must shed light on the mysterious events befalling the area.Key Features
- Step into a surreal interactive tale of mystery and investigate the perplexing quietness in the entire town
- Explore a vast, frigid Northern environment and battle the elements to survive
- Enjoy the atmospheric soundtrack featuring music by Quebec folk band CuréLabel
- Experience the tale through the omniscient, third-person storyteller
- Go back in time with a vintage look and feel reminiscent of 1970s rural communities
31. Marie's Room
Marie's Room is a short-story exploration game about an unconventional friendship between two classmates, told through memories. You play as Kelsey, remembering Marie's room as it was 20 years ago. What happened to Marie and Kelsey all those years ago?
“It was supposed to be simple. Get in, get out. I should have known better.”
Kelsey arrives in a seemingly empty room. She has only one goal, one purpose there -- getting Marie’s journal. But the room is not empty at all. In fact, it’s filled to the brim with memories, memories from 20 years ago, some of them which Kelsey would rather forget. Some of them, she cherishes to this day.
Join Kelsey in her trip down memory lane and uncover Marie and Kelsey’s past by exploring Marie’s room as it was all those years ago, or at least, how Kelsey remembers it.
Explore their stories, linked to every object in the room. Open drawers and search Marie’s laptop for clues. Find out what secrets the room holds.
“She once asked me, you know: ‘Don't you ever dream, Kelsey?’ And I said I don't. I don't dream, I plan. What I didn't tell her, was that I would not allow anyone to mess with those plans.”
32. The Hat Man: Shadow Ward
The Hat Man: Shadow Ward is an indie horror game by Game Mechanics. The developers state that the game is based on the true story.
Your daughter is diagnosed with dementia and is put in the Canton State Insane Asylum. Sometime later, you receive a letter from the asylum staff that she has gone missing from the Asylum. You set out to find her. Upon the protagonist's arrival, everything goes to hell. Electricity and communication with the outside world get cut off, and supernatural events occur. You have to get out of there.
The game's controls are usual for the first-person experience. WASD is used for moving, Q and E for leaning, with spacebar to jump and I bound for your inventory. There are no usable weapons present in the game. The only things the players often use are a flashlight, medkits, and some matches. One time in the game the players can use a fire ax to break a door, yet this event is completely scripted.
The premise of the gameplay is simple: avoid the mysterious Hat Man and the Shadow People that are encountered on your way out of the asylum. The game puts a heavy emphasis on using light sources to see your enemies. It is impossible to attack the enemies, as the players don't have any weapons at their disposal, so the only thing the players can do is to run away from the creepy creatures.
33. Black Mirror IBlack Mirror is a dark adventure game that details the aftermath of the tragic death of William Gordon. Playing as his grandson Samuel players must unveil the truth behind the events of that fateful, stormy night. The Gordon family has accepted William's death as suicide; however, Samuel is not so sure. And through further investigation some terrifying family secrets are revealed. Through the course of the game players will discover the tragedy that has decimated the Gordons since the Middle Ages - and eventually fight to escape a fate that will not stop until it has claimed every member of the family.Key Features
- A rich and interesting storyline to capture the imagination
- Third-person graphical adventure
- Six comprehensive chapters
- Features 23 individual characters
- More than 100 different locations, including: a medieval underground temple, a mental hospital, and a cemetery
- Atmospheric effects such as rain, fog, and storms
- Hundreds of realistic animations
- Many logical, inventory, environmental, and tactile puzzles
34. The ParkSet in a creepy amusement park hiding a dark and sinister secret, The Park is a one to two hour long first-person psychological horror experience focusing on intense storytelling and exploration instead of combat and action.
A day at the park... a lost teddy bear... a missing child. As the sun sets over Atlantic Island Park, you must explore its dilapidated rides in search of your son, Callum. As darkness falls, you will experience panic and paranoia through a narrative written by a team of award winning storytellers.
Amusement parks are happy places, filled with the joys of childhood and the exhilarating rush of fantastic rides to be dared. That was the vision of eccentric business man Nathaniel Winter when he opened the doors to Atlantic Island Park in 1977.
Unfortunately, the park's history turned out to be one plagued by tragedy and drama. Its freak accidents, grotesque killings and ghostly hauntings have inspired many a sensational headline, and locals worry the park is far from done claiming innocent lives.
For Lorraine, it's where her worst nightmare began.
WARNING: This experience deals with subject matter that might prove emotionally distressing to some. Player discretion is advised.
- Explore Atlantic Island Park and step onto rides such as the Ferris Wheel, the Bumper Cars and the Rollercoaster; just beware, some of them have a life of their own
- Enter the mind of Lorraine, a woman facing every parent's worst nightmare, and unravel her story as well as the dark and tragic history of the park
- Call out for Callum to respond, and interact with the environment around you while examining clues and listening to Lorraine's own inner voice as the game progresses
- Compelling graphics and audio deliver a uniquely atmospheric setting rich in mood and mystery, developed by a team of award-winning AAA developers
BONUS: The Park is inspired by a setting within the modern-day myths and mysteries MMO The Secret World. This copy of The Park includes unique in-game items that can be applied to one The Secret World account; the Killer Chipmunk outfit and three powerful, legendary talismans.
35. Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today
Dead Synchronicity stands as a modern adventure classic, telling a dark, sad and brutal tale that will leave you wanting more, but equally satisfied.
80% - Adventure Gamers
And then there was light… but not enough for Michael to find out who he is and what happened to the world out there. The “Great Wave”, the “dissolved”... are just hollow words in his looted mind.
"Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today" is the first part of the "Dead Synchronicity" series:
Help Michael face a dying reality, a universe that’s fading away. Face a merciless world that gets sick and vanishes. Face no past, no present, no future. Face the impending moment of “dead synchronicity”.
And you’d better hurry. Because, otherwise... what will you do when Time dissolves itself?
A terrible pandemic is turning all of humanity into “the dissolved” - the sick whose deliria provide them with supernatural cognitive powers... but also steer them towards a gruesome death.
The root of this illness seems to be “the Great Wave”, an inexplicable chain of natural disasters that destroyed all energy sources and communications and plunged the world into a chaos ruthlessly controlled by both the authorities and the army alike.
Michael, a man with no past, will have to recover his identity and decode the events that brought the world to the edge of collapse. Because, if he doesn’t hurry, he won’t be able to avoid the impending moment of “dead synchronicity”, when Time itself dissolves…
Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today is a point and click adventure that features a stunning dystopian plot, a distinctive, expressionist 2D art style, and an atmospheric soundtrack.
The game pays homage to classic adventures (The Secret of Monkey Island, Broken Sword, Day of the Tentacle...) but revolves around a more mature theme, along the lines of games such as I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream or Sanitarium.KEY FEATURES
Classic adventure gameplay combined with mature theme
2D graphics featuring a unique, expressionist style
Space-time distortions, a dystopian atmosphere... and a dark, bloodstained plot
Featuring soundtrack from indie rock band Kovalski (available as DLC)
"Guybrush meets Mad Max meets 12 Monkeys"
36. ConariumConarium is a chilling Lovecraftian game that follows the gripping story of four scientists and their endeavour to challenge what we normally consider to be the "absolute" limits of nature. Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's novella At the Mountains of Madness, but largely set after the original story.
You, as Frank Gilman, open your eyes inside a room filled with strange, pulsating noises. Patterns of lights executing a Danse Macabre on the walls is presented by a queer device on the table. Having recalled nothing other than that you’re in Upuaut, an Antarctic base located near the South Pole, you find the place deserted and have a distinct feeling of something being terribly wrong. Somehow knowing that your memories cannot guide you enforces a strange feeling of vulnerability, a familiar yet alien sensation of being a part of a peculiar whole... Soon you will discover that having used the device during the expedition, you have died but then returned subtly changed, speaking of strange memories and of strange places. You have lost something important or gained something sinister...
Explore the Antarctic base, as well as dreams and visions. Study clues and unlock secrets, whilst avoiding macabre beings at all cost.
- A deep and suspense-filled Lovecraftian story with lots of secrets and Easter eggs.
- Ominous but wonderful graphics created with Unreal Engine 4.
- Multiple endings.
- A haunting and atmospheric soundtrack.
Powered by Unreal Engine 4, Conarium aims to bring cutting-edge visuals for a more immersive storytelling and gaming experience.
37. Space Hulk: Deathwing
Space Hulk: Deathwing is a First-Person Shooter experience based on Games Workshop's classic Space Hulk boardgame set in the universe of Warhammer 40,000. Space Hulk: Deathwing was developed on Unreal Engine 4, and offers you and up to three of your friends the chance to experience a desperate battle against Genestealers in the claustrophobic tunnels of a Space Hulk. You also gain skills, new abilities, and new equipment as you earn experience during missions.
Space Hulks drift along the currents of the Warp, the immaterial dimension of Chaos. Made up of gigantic, mangled asteroids, ship wrecks, and other stellar debris, they can grow to the size of a moon, and often contain treasured and ancient lost technologies. They are often also infested with broods of the lethal Genestealer.
In the game you take on the role of a Space Marine from one of the most secret and most feared Space Marine forces: the Deathwing of the Dark Angels Chapter.
As a Librarian, you can also master the destructive powers of the Psykers. Your skills and performance in battle grant you Fervor Points to spend on 3 skill trees, allowing you to improve your abilities and unlock new powers.
Don your Terminator armour and arm yourself with the iconic weaponry of the Space Marines and face the threats that await you in the Space Hulk.Key FeaturesTake on the role of a Space Marine Terminator from the most secret and feared Deathwing.
Plunge into the claustrophobic tunnels of a Space Hulk. and experience a desperate battle against the Genestealers.
Unlock new abilities through 3 skill trees.
Grow in power and weild devastating weapons.
Coop mode: play with your friends as a Terminator squad in an epic coop mode
38. UnavowedA demon possessed you one year ago. Since that day, you unwillingly tore a trail of bloodshed through New York City. Your salvation comes in the form of the Unavowed – an ancient society dedicated to stopping evil.
You are free, but your world is in tatters. You have no home, no friends, and are wanted by the police. Your old life is gone, but perhaps you can start a new one. Join the ranks of the Unavowed, and fight against the oncoming darkness.
- Choose a male or female protagonist
- Three playable origin stories
- Branching storyline
- A total of four companion characters to choose from, each with their own talents and abilities.
- Twice the resolution of a typical Wadjet Eye Game!
- All the usual guff – voice acting, commentary, original music, etc
39. Nether: ResurrectedNETHER...IS...BACK! We have rolled back the game to Summer of 2014, when it first left Early Access and was still being developed by us, Phosphor Games Studio.
- Single Player enabled: It was not possible before, but now it's working, and it's hard! Have fun surviving the monster-filled urban apocalypse alone
- No more micro-transactions: all items can be bought with in game cash
- Multiplayer via player hosted servers! The old back end ripped out - no need for any login besides Steam. You control your community, and nobody can take your game from you again
WHAT IS IN DEVELOPMENT:
- Custom server settings: you decided how many players, how many Nether, how much gun spawns, etc.
- Modding tools![/b]
- Bug fixes (including playing as a Nether, which was always pretty buggy
Nether is a fast-paced survival game that forces you to make quick life-saving decisions in an unforgiving environment. In this post-apocalyptic urban world, death is waiting around every corner, at the top of high-rise buildings, and in the grasp of powerful teleporting creatures known as 'Nethers'. These creatures and the other players are real challenges to overcome, requiring tactical gameplay, awareness, stealth, and cooperation. To navigate this high-tension environment, you must use skill and cunning in order to scavenge, trade, craft or loot for food, weapons, supplies, and other resources necessary to stay alive in a desolate and dangerous city. Team up with other survivors and take advantage of group play, as a tribe, to complete treacherous world objectives, or play as a lone wolf in an attempt to endure the hostile environment. In the end you must decide whether to Prey or Pray.Key Features
The game's landscape is a beautifully conceived vision of a post apocalyptic Chicago, ravaged by disaster and time. Almost every low and high-rise building can be individually explored in a cityscape that stretches 150 blocks. Beyond the city lies the Wastelands, an unforgiving desolate landscape that is slowly sinking into the earth.
SURVIVE, CRAFT, TRADE, LOOT AND SHOOT
Start off, armed only with a kitchen knife and scavenge your way through an environment on a daily battle to stay alive. Beware the Nether, poor mutated souls who roam the city in search of human flesh. Scavenge for food and water to stay nourished, and search for useful items that could be crafted into makeshift weapons to help in your battle for life. Hunt and kill Nether to trade their body parts to the mysterious Cult located in the few markets that scatter the city. Over time, build up your skills and earn rewards for surviving each precious new day. But always beware of the other survivors who may be only one moment away from death, and see killing you and looting your possessions as their only salvation.
TRIBES AND TERRITORY WARS
Find safety in numbers by joining a tribe. Only tribes can capture and own territory, and the urban landscape is the perfect setting for turf domination. Compete with rival tribes in territory wars for control of the city by capturing strategic landmarks to reap resources and experience; prove your dominance over all other tribes. Spy on rival tribes or infiltrate and kill them by playing as a Nether. Ambush them from above by swooping in for the kill using the wing suit. Tribes change the survival experience by establishing a true social construct, with all the consequences of behavior that you would expect in the real world. Your actions have real repercussions enforced organically through reputation and standing.
PLAYER AND GROUP MISSIONS
Players can complete an assortment of individual or group missions to earn money, experience and reputation. Perform vital supply runs between the markets, work with your tribe to take down the swarms of Nether lead by the vicious boss Reaper that sporadically surge to attack neighborhoods, or keep the creatures out of the Safezones by working in groups to repair the anti-nether devices when they fail.
Nether offers a wide variety of character customization and allows you to play as a male or female character. There is a huge selection of cosmetic items and player taunts to assert your individuality along with entire outfits to play roles like survivalist, soldier and biker - or even just play in your underwear.
- Host your own private servers and control your settings and player population
- First-person perspective creates a true survival experience
- Meld of PvE (player versus environment) and PvP (player versus player) gameplay
- New weapons and items become available as players explore the game world
- Up to 64 players per game server
- Single purchase, downloadable client allows full game access without subscription
40. Nikopol: Secrets of the ImmortalsFrom the art and stories of famed graphic novelist and filmmaker Enki Bilal, and the studio created by adventure game legend Benoit Sokal comes Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals.
Set in France in the year 2023, the country is governed by a dictator who rules by religious absolute power. A mysterious ship shaped like a pyramid has just appeared in the sky and sent representatives to speak with the French government.
As Nikopol, you will find yourself in a suspenseful adventure to find your father and thwart a dangerous conspiracy. Entangled in political intrigue you're caught between two worlds, one of anarchy and one of immortality.
- A thrilling mental challenge in a rich futuristic universe inspired by famed graphic novelist Enki Bilal
- As Nikopol, you must use cunning and logic to protect yourself from the Immortals' plans and thwart a dark conspiracy
- Interaction with 8 characters in 6 different environments, each made of several settings
- Visually stunning graphics
- Immersive gameplay
- Classic point and click interface
41. The Town of Light12 March 1938. Renée, 16 years old, is ripped out of her world, locked up and deprived of everything.
Her only fault was that she didn't know what her place in the world was.
"A danger to herself and others and a cause of public scandal" wrote the police headquarters.
The only horror you will find in this game is the truth: a blow to the solar plexus, much more intense than any supernatural presence
The Town of Light is a psychological adventure told in the first person. The story is set in Italy in the first half of the 20th Century in a place which really existed and has been meticulously reconstructed. Exploring and interacting with the environment you will relive the history of the main character through her confused viewpoint and on the basis of your choices, the story will develop in different ways.
Because of its contents, the game is intended only for adult users.Characteristics:
- Realistic 3d graphics
- Based on real facts and events.
- Strong narrative component
- No zombies or supernatural presences.
- Original sound track.
- Oculus Dev Kit 2
42. Black Mirror IIIIn the final chapter of this acclaimed horror trilogy, Black Mirror III picks up right where the thrilling ending to Black Mirror II left off.
Only a short time ago, Darren Michaels was a quiet store clerk in a sleepy New England town. Now in Willow Creek, England, a tormented Darren barely reacts as police handcuffs are closed on his wrists. All the evidence points to him, and the police have arrested Darren as their primary suspect in a fatal crime. He's subjected to extensive questioning, but Darren is numb to the events occurring around him, and has withdrawn into a deep emptiness. Then after several weeks of incarceration, Darren is unexplainably released.
But he is not free. Darren remains terrorized by sleepless nights, nightmare-like visions, and the chilling specter of murder and death,.
Now alone, Darren must continue his search to uncover what has been happening to him and lift the veil on his clouded past. What has he really seen? What do his torturous nightmares really mean? Who is the mysterious person that posted the bail to set him free? What demons lie waiting in the crypt?
Return to face the dark forces that haunt the ominous Black Mirror Castle as you search for the secrets that lie behind the tangled web of haunting riddles, mysterious secrets and dark characters. Alternate between two playable characters, as you explore over 100 highly detailed and atmospheric locations; interacting with over 50 characters in your quest for redemption.
Dare to find the answers in the climactic final chapter of this epic trilogy - for once you gaze into the Black Mirror, you won't be able to look away.Features:
- In the final chapter in this acclaimed horror trilogy, Black Mirror III picks up right where the thrilling ending to Black Mirror II left off.
- Return to face the dark forces that haunt the ominous Black Mirror Castle as you search for the secrets the lie behind the tangled web of haunting riddles, mysterious secrets and dark characters.
- Alternate between two playable characters as you explore over 100 highly detailed and atmospheric locations, and interact with over 50 characters in your quest to find redemption..
- Dare to find the answers in the climactic final chapter of this epic trilogy - for once you gaze into the Black Mirror, you won't be able to look away!
43. Decay: The MareA new psychological horror adventure game from the creators of the successful Decay series:
Sam is an addict who ends up in an institution named “Reaching Dreams”, hoping to kick his drug problem and sort out his miserable life. But during the first night, something goes horribly wrong and he gets stuck in an endless nightmare…
Decay – The Mare is a 3D psychological horror adventure and homage to the Resident Evil and Silent Hill games, as well as to horror adventure games like Phantasmagoria, The 11th Hour and Gabriel Knight.
For the first time the compelling, high-tension Adventure is available in one package, including an exclusive third chapter that will bring Sam’s journey to an end.
Decay’s developer Shining Gate Software is a small indie studio located in Stockholm, Sweden. The studio is best known for their work with DICE and Electronic Arts on the Battlefield franchise and for their own Decay series, released on multiple platforms.Key Features
- Contains the defining third chapter
- All three chapters of the game in one compelling experience
- Amazing atmosphere, art and music
- Scary and deep story
- Challenging riddles and puzzles
- Unlock achievements and collect all Steam Trading Cards to receive exclusive emoticons and profile backgrounds.
44. White Noise 2Enjoy a fresh horror experience with White Noise 2!
White Noise 2 is the sequel of the successful White Noise Online. Be a part of the investigator team, or take control of the creature and devour them! White Noise 2 offers a 4vs1 asymmetric horror experience that won't leave anyone unmoved.Play with your friends
White Noise 2 features a simple matchmaking system that allows you to play with your friends without complications. Enter the game, choose your side or leave it to luck, and start playing!The investigators are back
As an investigator, explore the area, cooperate with your partners, and make sure not to get lost, or you'll be easy prey for the creature! Try not to lose your sanity and watch your flashlight battery level to avoid walking blind.And the creature as well!
As the creature, stalk your preys and hunt them without being seen. Light can stun you, so use your powers to avoid it and wreak havoc upon the investigators, spreading them to make easier preys. Summon totems that will warn you of the presence of nearby investigators, and prevent them from picking the 8 tapes before you finish them off!Back from the grave
In White Noise 2, death doesn't mean game over. Rise as a ghost and take advantage of your enhanced exploration skills to help the remaining investigators in their search.Unlock new items
Unlock new characters and flashlights as you play, including the classic White Noise Online characters. Each one has different specializations and skills. Do you prefer a stealhty approach, or will focus on speed even while making noise? Better flashlight battery, or improved exploration skills?Relive the best moments
Of course, the signature replay screen is back in White Noise 2. Once the thrilling session is over, take a laugh checking how the team walked in circles, or one of the investigators got lost!
45. Gray MatterAfter a tragic accident, neurobiologist Dr. David Styles has become a recluse, rarely leaving his home, the Dread Hill House. One day, Samantha Everett, a street magician, appears at Dr. Style's doorstep just as he is seeking a new assistant.
Samantha's first task is to find six people to form “The Lamb's Club” of human guinea pigs for Dr. Style's tests at Oxford University. The experiment starts off innocently enough, but then a chain of inexplicable incidents begin to occur, one after another.
Are these experiments as innocent as they appear? What is the true aim of Dr. Styles' research? What secrets are waiting to cross over from the other side?
In Gray Matter, legendary game author Jane Jensen (creator of the Gabriel Knight series) tackles questions concerning the nature of reality and the power of the human mind in a mystery adventure that comprises 8 massive chapters. Jensen combines the elements of science and the supernatural, together with her acclaimed emphasis on character and story to create an unprecedented paranormal experience that will keep you riveted until the very end.
- From legendary game author, Jane Jensen, GRAY MATTER combines the elements of science and the supernatural, together with character and story to create an unprecedented paranormal experience.
- A dark story told in the gothic novel style in eight epic chapters
- Play as Dr. Styles and Samantha
- Innovative gameplay that combines science and the supernatural
46. Don't Knock TwiceTo save her estranged daughter, a guilt-ridden mother must uncover the frightening truth behind the urban tale of a vengeful, demonic witch. Explore a grand manor house environment and interact with almost every object you see. To find and save your daughter, you will explore all depths of the manor, searching for hidden clues and wield items to fight or escape the terror that surrounds you. Developed alongside the 2017 horror film, Don’t Knock Twice, starring Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica).
“One knock to wake her from her bed, twice to raise her from the dead.”
Play with our without a VR device.VR FEATURESDon’t Knock Twice is designed to be played with our without a VR device.
Only one purchase is necessary, you will be given the option to play in VR or Non VR when starting the game. You are free to switch between modes and carry on where you left off.
A free VR demo available now on Steam for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift with Touch controls.VR LOCOMOTION- Walking Locomotion
- TeleportationGAMEPLAY AREA- Seated
- Room-ScaleSUPPORTED CONTROLSNon VR – Keyboard / Mouse, Standard Controller
Vive VR – Vive Hand Controllers
Oculus VR – Oculus Touch Controllers, Standard ControllerADDITIONAL VR FEATURES- Distance Grabbing or "Stretchy Hands" is an available option in Oculus VR Mode.
- One-Click 90 degree flip buttons are available in Oculus VR Mode.
47. Leaving LyndowLeaving Lyndow is a short, first-person exploration adventure game, set in the Eastshade universe.
It's Clara's last day on the island where she grew up. With high honors, she's graduated and fulfilled her childhood dream of joining the Guild of Maritime Exploration. She needs to complete preparations, visit her favorite places, and say her goodbyes - before leaving on a journey she may not return from. *Dangerous journey not included*Features
- Leaving Lyndow is a peaceful experience, with a detailed environment to explore at your own pace.
- Examine objects to learn about the life and world of a young scientist preparing to leave home.
- Partake in mini-games that further reveal the story.
- Speak with friends and family as they prepare for the departure of a loved one.
- Short and sweet: An experience that can be completed in one sitting.
48. Dementium II HDDementium II HD is the resurrection of the award winning handheld cult favorite rebuilt with all the classic gameplay while providing updated visuals, lighting and refined controls. Same Bones. New Flesh.
- Classic gameplay that balances the Action, Story and Puzzle elements into an unforgettable horror experience.
- Fight through unique enemies that require different strategies to defeat the nightmares, or to simply survive
- Twisted storyline that keeps you guessing throughout the entire game.
- Multifunctional weapons that take out the enemies and grant access to new areas.
- New ghostly creatures haunt Pelf Village that will chill you to the bone.
- Steam achievements, Cloud Save and Controller support
49. Off-PeakYou're stranded at a cathedral-like train station in the near future, searching for a ticket out of town. Explore the secret passageways, interact with strangers, dig for records, and get hypnotized by the soundtrack – a batch of original music courtesy of the band, Archie Pelago.
Welcome to Off-Peak, a game created by Archie Pelago cellist Cosmo D.
In the game, players will uncover a world where the fate of it's musicians and artists is unclear, yet their tools of the trade are highly prized. Meanwhile, the station itself provides all the comforts a commuter could ask for: great food, the best beer, entertaining board games, relaxing gardens. But who is really benefiting here? It is entirely up to the player to what degree they want to engage in and interpret Off-Peak's stories, characters and themes.Gameplay
Off-Peak is a first-person adventure game that takes place in one giant area with multiple nooks, crannies and hidden passageways to discover. Within its own bounds, the game can be explored at any pace or direction the player so chooses. On average, the game takes roughly 20-30 minutes to play in its entirety.Off-peak Is freeware.
50. Dispatcher“Humanity found a way into the depths of the space. First brave hearts set off to grasp the unknown. It found them first.
Dreams of pathfinders crashed against the cold flesh of the space. Now and on only one thing matters: what are you capable of to survive?”
“Dispatcher” is a first-person horror with RPG elements.
The game takes place in the near future on a spaceship “Dispatcher” which crew got into an accident and trapped with alien monsters. The few survivors have been infected and are not as friendly as you think.
But was it an accident?
- - Scary mixture of survival horror and atmosphere of classic space science fiction of 60-80’s;
- - Stealth-based gameplay with RPG elements;
- - System of characters’ upgrade that unlock according to the amount of gained experience;
- - 6 character classes, each of which has its own strengths and weaknesses;
- - 4 unique kinds of unpredictable monsters;
- - Partial random generation of levels;
- - Hardcore mode for the most daring players;
- - Beautiful graphic that can fully immerse you into the atmosphere of fear and terror;
- - Also chicks in skinny clothes, blood, screams and other possibility.
Layers of Fear is the horror game with a focus on exploring and puzzles. It is the only installment in the IP, featuring one DLC which expands the storyline further and one port to the Nintendo Switch, which adds multiple features like accelerated controllers' support and touchscreen assistance.
The primary goal of the player is to guide the genius and psychopath painter on the way to complete the painting. The problem is the player does not know how to do so — they start exploring the house, which is changing the layouts repeatedly and find out many jump-scares along the way.
Getting through all of the six chapters the player may reach of the three endings: bad, average and good. The end is decided not by momentarily choice but by a series of decisions throughout the game. While the player is uncovering the truth about the premises of the hero's masterpiece, the DLC tells a story of his daughter which returns to her memories of the past. The DLC also features three endings in the same fashion as the original game.