The best games like Knights and Merchants are:
- arrow_rightThe Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
- arrow_rightThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
- arrow_rightShadow of the Tomb Raider
- arrow_rightDivinity: Original Sin
- arrow_rightPillars of Eternity
- arrow_rightSniper Elite 3
- arrow_rightTotal War: SHOGUN 2
- arrow_rightVictor Vran
100 Best Games Like Knights and Merchants:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (15)
- PlayStation 4 (21)
- iOS (10)
- Android (13)
- macOS (51)
- Linux (29)
- Nintendo Switch (6)
- Nintendo 3DS (1)
- Nintendo DS (4)
- Xbox 360 (12)
- Xbox (1)
- PlayStation 3 (9)
- PlayStation 2 (2)
- PlayStation (2)
- PS Vita (3)
- Wii U (2)
- Wii (4)
- GameCube (1)
- Game Boy Advance (8)
- NES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (1)
1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
The player is Geralt of Rivia, infamous monster slayer. In the second game of the series, titular witcher is involved in the inner conflicts of Temeria, where he stopped the rebellion and was hired as a bodyguard of Temerian King Foltest. Eventually, Foltest was assassinated by a witcher-like assassin, and the only person fitting the description was Geralt.
The game combat system was reworked, in order to add traps and ranged throwing weapon, giving players more control over the course of the battle. It’s still a third person action RPG, and the player can upgrade and improve general abilities, swordsmanship, alchemy, and magic.
The enhanced edition includes additional hours of content, new cinematics, the original soundtrack, game manual and quest handbook, among other things. The new tutorial allows players to spend more time to master new game mechanics and see for themselves visual improvements to the core game.
Categories in common with The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition: Role Playing
2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition is the 2016 reinstallment of the open world fantasy RPG, developed by Bethesda Game Studios. Following the original release of 2011, Special Edition focuses on reshaping every sword and ax, polishing every stone in the high castles and the suburbs of the low, overall bringing a renewed experience to its fans and newcomer players.
After 5 years of the original’s glory, this collection of all the content, available with the game itself, offers to once again set foot on the snowy mountains of the Skyrim province of Tamriel. The magnificent open world, full of breathtaking environments and landscapes, welcomes all its players to embark on another journey. Explore the even more beautiful flora of Skyrim, fight the most dangerous fauna, and many more.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition now includes full support of community-made and developer-approved mods, allowing for even more exploration and experiments with the in-game contents. Continually expanding, the database of various new quests, characters, and locations not disappointing any player, while some modifications try to focus on enhancing the vanilla experience to the maximum.
3. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Experience Lara Croft’s defining moment as she becomes the Tomb Raider. In Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Lara must master a deadly jungle, overcome terrifying tombs, and persevere through her darkest hour. As she races to save the world from a Maya apocalypse, Lara will ultimately be forged into the Tomb Raider she is destined to be.
Survive and Thrive In the Deadliest Place on Earth: Master an unforgiving jungle setting in order to survive. Explore underwater environments filled with crevasses and deep tunnel systems.
Become One With the Jungle: Lara must use the jungle to her advantage to strike suddenly and disappear like a jaguar, use mud as camouflage, and instill fear in enemies to sow chaos.
Discover Brutal Tombs: Terrifying tombs, filled with deadly puzzles, require advanced traversal techniques to be accessed
Uncover Living History: Discover a hidden city and explore the biggest Tomb Raider hub ever.
4. Divinity: Original Sin
<br/><br/>Gather your party and get ready for a new, back-to-the-roots RPG adventure! Discuss your decisions with companions; fight foes in turn-based combat; explore an open world and interact with everything and everyone you see. Join up with a friend to play online in co-op and make your own adventures with the powerful RPG toolkit. <br/><br/>In <strong>Divinity: Original Sin</strong> you take on the role of a young Source Hunter: your job is to rid the world of those who use the foulest of magics. When you embark on what should have been a routine murder investigation, you suddenly find yourself in the middle of a plot that will rattle the very fabric of time.<br/><br/><strong>Divinity: Original Sin</strong> is a game that gives you a lot of freedom and plenty of gameplay mechanics to use or abuse. The game's epic story may drive you toward your ultimate end-goal, but how you get there is entirely up to you.<br/><br/>Or up to you and a friend, because Divinity: Original Sin can be played completely cooperatively, and features both online and local drop-in/drop-out multiplayer. Great adventures become even greater when shared with a trusted comrade-in-arms!<h3>Key Features</h3><ul><li><strong>Become part of a reactive, living and vast open world.</strong> Explore many different environments, fight all kinds of fantastical creatures and discover tons of desirable items.<br/></li><li><strong>Experience gripping party- and turn-based combat.</strong> Manipulate the environment and use skill & spell combos to overcome your many foes: Use magic to make it rain on your enemies, then cast a lightning spell to fry them to a crisp. Experiment with different skill combinations to ruin the day for enemies and townspeople alike. <br/></li><li><strong>Play with a friend in co-op multiplayer.</strong> Make decisions together (or disagree entirely), as your interactions and relationship with your partner influence the game.<br/></li><li><strong>Unravel a deep and epic story</strong>, set in the early days of the Divinity universe. No prior experience with other Divinity games is necessary, however. The game takes place well before its predecessors, Divine Divinity and Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, but will still feel familiar to fans.<br/></li><li><strong>Classless character creation</strong> lets you design the character of your choice. Endless item interaction and combinations take exploration and experimentation to another level of freedom.<br/></li><li><strong>Create your own adventures</strong> and share them online. With Original Sin comes the powerful toolset used by the game's designers. Yours are endless new stories to make and share with other players!</li></ul><h3>Digital Collector's Edition</h3>The Digital Collector's Edition contains:<br/><br/><br/><ul><li><strong>2 copies of Divinity: Original Sin</strong>: one for you and pass on the second key to a friend<br/></li><li><strong>Award-winning <strong>Divine Divinity</strong> and <strong>Beyond Divinity</strong><br/></strong></li><li><strong>The Golden Grail DLC</strong>: an in-game item that allows you to colour your items in gold and sell them for more.<br/></li><li><strong>Zandalor's Trunks DLC</strong>: enjoy a unique in-game undergarment as rare as it is opinionated.<br/></li><li><strong>Design Documents</strong><br/></li><li><strong>Art Pack</strong><br/></li><li><strong>Soundtrack</strong></li></ul><br/>
5. Pillars of Eternity
In the land of Dyrwood, which suffers from a supernatural and inexplicable misfortune: children in Dyrwood are become "Hollowborn", what means, without a soul. The main character gets into a storm, discovering the talent of the "Watcher", which allows him to communicate directly with other people's souls and see other people's lives. During the game, he must reveal his purpose and find a way to solve the problem of "Hollowborn" children.
You will need to travel around the world of Eora, performing tasks for different groups, the relationship with each of which determines a specific reputation system. Reputation is calculated separately for each group and depends on the actions of the player. Fights with opponents occur in real time with the ability to stop the time. Up to five characters-companions can accompany the hero, they not only help in combat but also reveal some important details of the plot.
This game uses a unique role-playing system. A prominent place in it is given to the skills and abilities of the character, not related to the battles. The feature of this system is that the combat and non-combat skills of the character develop independently.
Categories in common with Pillars of Eternity: Role Playing
6. Sniper Elite 3
This prequel to Sniper Elite V2 is set three years before the events of the previous game, in Northern Africa during the World War II. The player assumes the role of US special forces operative Karl Fairburne. His task is to eliminate the Nazi German general Franz Vahlen before he completes his project of a doomsday weapon. The locations and background events are inspired by the real historical places and battles.
The gameplay is strongly oriented towards stealth action. Your protagonist is a talented marksman who can use a variety of sniper rifles. Finding a perfect spot to snipe from is as important as changing it, since you cannot hold one position for too long without being detected. Fairburne’s condition and the environment influence his accuracy; for example, he cannot shoot straight after running or against the wind. A unique targeting system allows you to see where your bullet will hit the enemy’s body or a vehicle and the amount of damage it can deal. Fairburne can also use other types of guns, as well as explosives. Kills earn the player the points that push your character towards higher ranks. Besides the story mode, there’s a co-op mode and five multiplayer modes, including the classic deathmatch and “capture the flag”.
7. Total War: SHOGUN 2
MASTER THE ART OF WAR
In the darkest age of Japan, endless war leaves a country divided. It is the middle of the 16th Century in Feudal Japan. The country, once ruled by a unified government, is now split into many warring clans. Ten legendary warlords strive for supremacy as conspiracies and conflicts wither the empire. Only one will rise above all to win the heart of a nation as the new shogun...The others will die by his sword.
Take on the role of one Daimyo, the clan leader, and use military engagements, economics and diplomacy to achieve the ultimate goal: re-unite Japan under his supreme command and become the new Shogun – the undisputed ruler of a pacified nation.
Game Features Total War: SHOGUN 2 features enhanced full 3D battles via land and sea, which made a name for the series, as well as the tactical campaign map that many refer to as the heart and soul of Total War. Featuring a brand new AI system inspired by the scriptures that influenced Japanese warfare, the millennia old Chinese “Art of War”, the Creative Assembly brings the wisdom of Master Sun Tsu to Total War: SHOGUN 2. Analysing this ancient text enabled the Creative Assembly to implement easy to understand yet deep strategical gameplay.
- CONQUER the islands of Japan in the 16th century. Lead vast armies of samurai and fleets of giant warships into breathtaking real-time battles.
- BUILD your kingdom on the inviting and turn-based campaign map. Wield economic, political, and military power to amass wealth, armies, and influence.
- SCHEME according to the "Art of War" by Sun Tzu. Use fire and siege tactics, spies and assassins to adapt to the ever-changing conditions on the battlefield and throughout your kingdom.
- BATTLE ONLINE and experience the main campaign in two-player mode. Then join epic online battles with up to 8 players and lead your online army to glory in special campaigns.
- New RPG skills and experience for your Generals and Agents.
- New Multi-stage Sieges - scaling the walls is only the beginning!
- New Hero units inspire your men and carve through the enemy.
- New rotating 3D campaign map.
Categories in common with Total War: SHOGUN 2: Strategy
8. Victor Vran
Victor Vran is an isometric action-RPG, set in a fictional town, where the player’s character must hunt demons and other vile creatures and rid the world of darkness.
The gameplay despite being similar to other games in the hack’n’slash genre features unique elements based on player’s reaction. Dodging bullets and moving around hordes of enemies can be tricky, but the game emphasizes that the main way to achieve is not just spamming two skills, but employing techniques and developing character’s abilities in the way that would be comfortable to the player. The different loot system helps the character in his journey, as various weapons have their unique abilities, and often improves character’s skills.
The game’s art style is highly reminiscent of Dracula movies and other vampire-based stories. The grim locations and fearsome enemies leave a mark on any player, and the soundtrack of the game also adds to the overall mood of evil lingering in the dark.
9. Eador. Masters of the Broken World
Eador is an infinite space in which fragments of hard rock fly. Each fragment is a world in which there are inhabitants.
There are also Masters in this Universe, able to collect fragments into larger worlds. In these worlds, the Masters behave like benefactors or tyrants - it depends on the nature of each Master.
You play for one of the Masters. And sooner or later you realize that you can only compete with all other Masters. This rivalry can not be won by the use of brute force. Simple, primitive strategy game does not reward.
The basis for the growth of our own world is astral energy - it is generated by every fragment. Energy may even affects the amount of gold received for the correct course in the game.
In addition to gold, there is another "currency" - "blue crystals". Gold is able to buy us "ordinary" things - soldiers, builders or loyalty. Blue crystals may be converted into magical actions. By magical actions, too, you can achieve goals quite common - to hit or steal.
The game units are not impersonal, as they play, they gain skills, gain strength. The choice of these skills is very large, and the choice of various finds and places where these findings can be found is very large too. The choice of events taking place in the worlds is also diverse.
Everything that happens to us is affected not only by our own actions, but also by the actions of our subordinates - the system of karma is very complex.
10. Planetary Annihilation
Set in the distant future, this science fiction strategy was inspired by Total Annihilation (1997) and is designed by one of the original game's engine creators, Jon Mavor. Planetary Annihilation gameplay is largely similar to classic RTS series like Starcraft or Command & Conquer, yet not without its own unique features. This game is focused on interplanetary wars on a larger scale and allows its players to conquer the whole worlds or even destroy them using nukes and Death Star-like devices. The maps are randomly generated, and each map constitutes a whole planet in 3D projection (albeit scaled down). Each player starts with a Commander unit that is used to create necessary buildings. Commanders represent the player and, like in chess, loss of your Commander means losing the game.
The definitive feature of the game is that battles are not contained to certain planets, but are fought across the whole planetary systems using missiles and "planet thrusters"; and there are many such systems in the galaxy. The scale of the setting can make it difficult to keep track of one's operations across different systems at the later stages of the game.
Categories in common with Planetary Annihilation: Strategy
11. Tooth and Tail
Lead the revolution with an army of flamethrowing Boars, mustard gas-lobbing Skunks, and paratrooper-puking Owls. Tooth and Tail is a Real-Time-Strategy game featuring Single Player, Online Competitive Play, Split Screen, Replays, and more.
Build a base, lead your army, eat your enemies!The War for MeatThe Longcoats, the Commonfolk, the KSR, and the Civilized are in the midst of a Civil War over who gets to eat, and who has to be the meat. A darkly humorous tale of riots and revolution is told through an extensive Single Player campaign.Endless ReplayabilityWith procedurally generated maps and customizable factions, no two conflicts will be the same, forcing players to strategize rather than memorize.Pick-up-and-PlayWith matches lasting from 5-12 minutes, controls designed specifically for the gamepad, and split-screen couch play, Tooth and Tail is a popcorn RTS for veterans and newcomers alike.
12. Cossacks 3
Return of the legendary Cossacks! The sequel of the award winning strategy series.
Leaning on the history of the 17th and 18th century, the real time strategy game awakens colossal mass battles with up to 32,000 soldiers simultaneously on the battlefield.
This remake of the classic game, that originally launched in 2000, contains all of the elements that distinguish the successful Cossacks games and combines them with contemporary 3D-graphics. Cossacks 3 provides the player with infinite tactical options, including not only the construction of buildings, the production of raw materials, but also the broad selection of various units and the influence of the landscape.
20 nations, 120 different unit types, 100 research opportunities, and over 220 different historical buildings are available to the player. Besides the battles ashore, players can build an armada and attack their enemies at sea. Cossacks 3 offers five historic single player-campaigns and up to eight players can fight each other in multiplayer-mode on one map. The player can forge alliances with or against others as well as challenge the computer. Randomly generated maps provide endless variations and can be adapted to the gamer’s needs.
Grandiose battles of up to 32,000 soldiers on the battlefield
20 playable nations
100 research opportunities
220 different historic buildings
Battles ashore and at sea
Five singleplayer historical campaigns
Infinite variations of battles on randomly generated mapsAs a free DLC all the players will receive 8 additional playable nations with the unique music main themes.
Information about Digital Deluxe Edition (no longer available for purchase):
Digital Deluxe - is a game edition, that contained both base game and 4 previously announced DLC, which are getting consequent releases during 1 year after Cossacks 3 release, along with few great bonuses.
We have already released 4 promised DLCs: Days of Brilliance, Rise to Glory, Path to Grandeur and The Golden Age. They include:
Early access to new nations:
[Days of Brilliance] Denmark
[Days of Brilliance] Netherlands
[Rise to Glory] Bavaria
[Rise to Glory] Saxony
[Path to Grandeur] Hungary
[Path to Grandeur] Portugal
[The Golden Age] Switzerland
[The Golden Age] Piedmont
[Days of Brilliance] Pro Fide, Lege et Rege
[Rise to Glory] Huge gambles and great achievements.
[Rise to Glory] The Lion of the North.
[Path to Grandeur] St.Jacob with us, Spain!
[Path to Grandeur] In the Service of the Grand Vizier!
[The Golden Age] Oranien bovem!
[Days of Brilliance] Konotop
[Days of Brilliance] Clash at Nordlingen
[Days of Brilliance] Stuart Restoration
[Days of Brilliance] Peasants' War
[Days of Brilliance] Landing in Brittany
[Rise to Glory] Second Northern War
[Rise to Glory] Great Northern War
[Rise to Glory] Franco-Dutch War
[The Golden age] War for Brazil
[The Golden age] War in the Caribbean
[The Golden age] The Portuguese War of Independence
[The Golden age] Siege of DunkirkHistorical battle:
[The Golden age] Battle of Nieuwpoort (1600)
[The Golden age] Battle of Pyliavtsi (1648)
[The Golden age] Battle of Prostki (1656)
[The Golden age] Battle of Saint Gotthard (1664)
[The Golden age] Battle of Villaviciosa (1710)
[The Golden age] Battle of Sheriffmuir (1715)
[The Golden age] Oran (1732)
[The Golden age] Battle of Soor (1745)Environments:
[Rise to Glory] Winter maps
[Path to Grandeur] Desert maps
Digital Deluxe Edition owners would also receive soundtrack in lossless quality (wav format).
Digital Deluxe Edition is no longer available for purchases. Its owners have already got 4 DLC for free, as we`ve promised.
Categories in common with Cossacks 3: Strategy
13. Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
England, Anno Domini 1190 – Richard the Lionheart is held prisoner and his brother, Prince John rules over the simple peasants with an iron hand and this pure force of arms forces them to bend to authority. Only one man takes up the struggle against the oppressors, supported by a small band of brave and loyal followers. His name; Robin Hood.
Roam the dense foliage of Sherwood, come face to face with royal trouble and battle against Prince John’s forces as you take on the role of legendary nobleman, Robin Hood. Team up with Little John and the rest of the Merry Men as the battle for the King’s throne ensues in this stealth-based, real-time strategy game.
- Non-linear campaign system with over 30 different missions
- Mission types from Robbery and Infiltration to Castle Attack and Ambush
- Combines action and adventure with stealth tactical elements
- Innovative combat system, interact with the mouse while fighting to access special combat skills
- Play as Robin Hood, Little John, Friar Tuck or even Maid Marian, nine characters in all, each with specific abilities and attributes
- Spectacular graphics with realistic atmospheric conditions like day, night and fog
- Explore historic locations; Sherwood Forest, Nottingham Castle, York and many more
Categories in common with Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood: Strategy
14. Nation Red
August 17, 1977
Scattered groups of zombies infiltrate remote Midwestern towns. Incapable of using tools or weapons, the invaders are resisted until they retreat back into the desert. Special elimination posses are set up to hunt down any of the surviving undead. Six weeks after the squads started their search-and-destroy mission, the last known zombie was shot and killed.
Over thirty years had passed when a truck driver traveling down a desolate Arizona road plows into a wall of undead. Before the driver's phone signal went dead, he reported some were carrying guns... They're back and now they are hunting us.
Steam Exclusive Features:
- Local and On-line Coop — Take on the horde and earn perks together
- Barricade Mode — Defend your base against zombie attack
- Over 100 Steam Achievements and a dozen Leaderboards
- 30 Additional Steam User-designed Perks
- Xbox 360 Controller support for single or multiplayer
- Steam Hammer — Rips the skin off your opponent (nice)
- New Steam User designed weapons — Minigun, AA-12, MP5, Beretta 93R, Super Shorty and more
- New Levels and New Enemies — Zombie patients and caretakers in a desert asylum, Brawler boss zombies, Suicide bomber zombies..
- Pneumatic Destroyer — Detonates the Rammer they are surrounded by zombies
- Ultra Fast Action — Fight armies of hundreds of zombies and their bosses in an exceptional close-quarter battlefield experience
- Deadly Weapons — Use machetes, axes, jack hammers, dual Uzis, flame throwers, grenades, poison and a dozen more including a Steam Hammer, exclusive to Steam purchasers
- Customize Yourself — 100 player modifiers combine with two dozen power-ups for limitless gameplay
- Four Game Modes — Free Play, Survival, Barricade and 18 increasingly brutal missions await
- Zombies with Guns — They wield axes, cut-off saws, AK-47s and more
15. Grey Goo
Grey Goo is a real-time strategy game developed by Petroglyph Games in collaboration with Weta Workshop.
On a distant habitable planet called Ecosystem Nine, three factions confront each other. Humans, Betas, and the Grey Goo nanobots. The humans arrive on the planet to investigate an unusual signal, as they thought to be to only intelligent beings in the planet system. Betas established a colony after escaping from their own planet. And the Goo used to be an old human-made surveillance system, which reprogrammed itself and tries to return to its creators while consuming everything on its way.
The players are free to choose any faction to play as both in singleplayer campaign and multiplayer PvP mode. Each faction has its own set of units, buildings and drastically differs in gameplay from every other one. For example, Betas rely on speed and mobility to outmaneuver their enemies, while humans can use teleportation devices to deploy their forces to the battlefield quickly and reconstruct their own base in a matter of seconds.
The game's developers put a heavy emphasis on the preference of macro decisions instead of micromanagement. This being said, the player's strategy serves as a deciding factor in winning the game, not the speed with which they buy their units and build structures.
Categories in common with Grey Goo: Strategy
16. Halo: Spartan Strike
Halo: Spartan Strike makes you a Spartan supersoldier battling evil forces.
Delve into 30 challenging missions through cities and jungles using a devastating arsenal of weapons, abilities and vehicles including the iconic Warthog against the Covenant and Promethean enemies. Be the Spartan and deny your foes the conquest of Earth.
Earn Steam achievements, complete missions and compete against your friends for the top scores in the leaderboards.
Challenge your enemies. Strike Fast. Be a Spartan!
- Crush your enemies using the iconic Warthog or sweep them from the battlefield using the all-new Kestrel VTOL.
- Face off against Promethean enemies; deadly mechanical warriors who seek mankind’s annihilation.
- Experience an all-new story that will take you from New Mombasa on Earth to the enigmatic Gamma Halo located at the edge of charted space.
- Complete weekly challenges and take the top position against friends in leaderboards that showcase your Halo gaming skills.
- Game supports keyboard/mouse, USB Xbox controller and virtual joysticks for touch.
17. America's Army: Proving Grounds
America’s Army Proving Grounds is a free military game provided by the U.S. Army. The game is a part of America’s Army series.
The player performs as an infantryman, a part of a Long Range Combined Arms – Recon unit. The plot is based on the U.S. intervention in the Ostregal Islands as a call for defending the RDO Government which was struck by the Czervenians. The U.S. forces landed on the Islands to engage in police action and reconnaissance operations.
This is a classic first eye tactical shooter. The player is given certain tasks to perform as a part of the unit.
The aim is to stay alive in campaigns and fulfill each task. It is possible to change the character’s appearance even though the customization system is quite small. There are a few weapons including M4, M16, standard sniper rifle and shotgun. Maps are not too huge which makes it easier to go through a match. The maps vary in landscapes and size. Each one provides its benefits: it is possible to hide behind the trees in the forest mode or hole upon the earth in the field. The player is free to choose the very own tactics, be it the perfect stealth, merging in the terrain, or be it the classic get-through shooting campaign. The gameplay includes medical help; if the player is injured, it is possible to bandage yourself or wait for help.
18. Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
Age of Empires, the pivotal RTS that launched a 20-year legacy returns in definitive form for Windows 10 PCs. Bringing together all of the officially released content with modernized gameplay, all-new visuals and a host of other new features, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is the complete RTS package. Engage in over 40 hours of updated campaign content with new narration and pacing, jump online in up to 8-player battles with new competitive features and modes, experience 4K HD visuals with overhauled animations, get creative with the scenario builder and share your creations. There’s never been a better time to jump in to Age of Empires. Welcome back to history.
Categories in common with Age of Empires: Definitive Edition: Strategy
19. Earth 2150 Trilogy
Your heroes and your armies will need strong leadership to take them on a spellbinding odyssey that has everything a gamer’s heart could wish for breathtaking worlds in space, battles against cunning enemies and even downright treason from your own government faction - are you up to it?
Accept the challenge…let this gripping EARTH 2150 RTS trilogy thrust you into the far future… and YOU will decide the fate of the universe!
The Trilogy includes EARTH 2150 Escape from the Blue Planet, The Moon Project and Lost Souls!
- Over 150 non-Linear missions in 9 campaigns and a high-action Skirmish Mode
- Aggressive and intelligent computer-controlled opponents - a true challenge
- Over 100 different units and structures
- Easy-to-use map editor for creating own missions and campaigns
- At least hundreds of hours Single player action and endless Multiplayer fun
- Over 50 Multiplayer maps for LAN, Internet and EarthNet
- Unmatched battle variety: build fortified bases, blitz the air, storm with armor, engage with naval units, even dig tunnels for surprise attacks.
In 2048, the anticipated global conflict broke out with a violence that shook the planet to its core. All major centralized governments were destroyed in the maelstrom. Europe and Eastern Asia bore the brunt of the devastation, as entire urban centres, from Madrid to Moscow and from Seoul to Singapore were literally wiped off the map.
The human race has always been known for its resiliency. Within a dozen years, the Earth's inhabitants had begun to restore their old nationalities - with a few twists. Twelve states of the former United States joined together to form a new country, called the United Civilized States. The UCS citizens had essentially given up their old roles as producers and leaders. Nearly all work was being performed by robots which are controlled by expert computer systems. Not surprisingly, the human inhabitants of the UCS had become lazy and decadent.
The 20th-century dream for a better world had ended in death and destruction.EARTH 2150: THE MOON PROJECTThe year 2150 … one of the blackest chapters in the history of mankind. While the Lunar Corporation, Eurasian Dynasty and the United Civilized States are preparing themselves for the last all-encompassing battle, work is being feverishly carried out on a secret project on the Moon. Only the code name of this project is known ………… "SUNLIGHT"EARTH 2150: LOST SOULSIt is the 7th of December 2150 – in a few hours our beloved planet Earth will no longer exist.
Devastating wars between the Eurasian Dynasty and the United Civilized States have wreaked havoc and caused mortal wounds to our planet, but that is not all, a series of nuclear explosions close to the Antarctic had changed the Earth’s orbit around the sun, glaciers melted, the sea rose to a threatening level, and meteorite showers buried whole parts of the world. Famous scientists from the Lunar corporation, a long forgotten colony on the moon first recognized the signs of the imminent catastrophe. According to their calculations the distance between the sun and earth would decrease in the next few years by 17%, which would lead to terrible consequences.
The only hope left for the population was the escape to the red planet Mars. Hurry up, cause time is ticking away....
Categories in common with Earth 2150 Trilogy: Strategy
20. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
Avoid the spawning enemies, and shoot them down for points. You can also fire smart bombs, which destroy all bad guys on the screen. Save these up for when the going gets really tough!
The more bad guys you kill, the higher your score multiplier goes (2x, 4x, etc.). The higher your multiplier, the more you can score. But don't die, as you lose your multiplier and have to build it up again from scratch!
Addictive "just one more go" gameplay, with mesmerizing graphics.
Pixel perfect recreation of the Xbox Live Arcade game.
Support for keyboard, mouse, and dual-stick gamepad play.
Categories in common with Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved: Casual
21. Secret of Mana
Originally released in 1993, "Secret of Mana" is by far the most popular title in the “Mana” series. Now it's finally getting a long-awaited, full 3D remake!
The game faithfully retells the beloved story while adopting modern 3D graphics and controls. It will feature a newly arranged musical score, voiced characters and new content.
The adventure of Randi, Primm, and Popoi is reborn in the new "Secret of Mana"!
3D REMASTERED GRAPHICS
The world of MANA rebuilt in vivid 3D graphics.
Exciting new interlude episodes.
Play with your friends in three-player co-op mode!
Finally hear the voices for iconic characters Randi, Primm, and Popoi along with many others!
22. Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology
Blitzkrieg II comes with tremendous focus on new strategic opportunities, global war and gritty realism of WWII battles. On the side of Soviet Armed Forces, US Army or German Wehrmacht you plan entire operations and lead your men into fierce action, choose reinforcements and use a wide range of new weapons in three full-blown campaigns that span the globe. New graphics engine and significant step over the original game get you in control of the most dramatic and bloody conflict of the past century.Real Strategy
Decide what missions to fight, accumulate and call in any type of reinforcements, capture train stations or airfields to receive more troops by railroad or get air supremacy during the entire operation. Accomplish tactical objectives and missions to support your war efforts at strategic level and ensure your combat efficiency in the decisive battles.
Promote and assign commanders to combat units to expand your tactical advantage with over 50 unique skills and real-life abilities. Order engineers to plant TNT charge and blast passing enemy units, use linked grenades for extra damage, suppress infantry with flak fire and master other combat techniques introduced in Blitzkrieg II.Real War
Philippines, Iwo Jima, Tobruk, Moscow, Stalingrad, Ardennes - fight on every major front of WWII from the heart of Europe and blistering sands of Africa to the deadly jungle isles of the Pacific. Your mission goals will vary from counter attacks and air warfare to covert operations and seashore landing onslaught.
Get access to hundreds of authentic weapons from “Satan” flame tank to Tiger II and T-35 monsters, from “Zero” fighters to V-2 ballistic missiles and 305-mm railroad guns. Make use of special forces, sappers, assault engineers and even guard dogs!
- Fight on every major front of WWII in 68 missions through 3 campaigns that span the globe!
- Plan your actions strategically, choose what missions to fight, what reinforcements to get
- Get in control of over 250 authentic WWII units and 60 types of infantry
- Open new tactics and abilities as units grow in experience
- Use structures and terrain for cover, destroy everything in your path, fight day and night under any climatic conditions on the ground, sea, and in the air!
- Experience intense WWII battles in stunning full 3D interactive environment, thanks to the advanced Enigma Engine with true Line Of Sight and Line of Fire systems
- Step, if you dare, into the fury of multiplayer action with match-making and auto-rating support at the special dedicated server
- Create war the way you want it with versatile Map and Mod editor
Categories in common with Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology: Strategy
23. Blitzkrieg 3
Challenge your tactical skills in historical campaigns and defeat other players or powerful Neural Network AI in competitive matches.
Each of three campaigns provide a unique blend of PvE, PvP and PvAI missions. Blitzkrieg's impressive Neural Network AI acts like no machine before. In total, game features 60+ historical missions with 200+ authentic combat units.
Blitzkrieg 3 is being created with the active participation of the player community. Define the way of projects’ development together with us!
A Neural Network machine named Boris plays at the top player’s level while not using any hidden information about the enemy. General Boris regularly analyzes the gaming session and makes Neural Network-based predictions of the enemy behavior. This approach allows him to think up sophisticated counter-strategies and bring them to life. That makes Boris tough and unpredictable, so he can amaze you over and over again.
Dominate on the battlefield in three atmospheric historical campaigns, that cover the main period of World War II: from the invasion of Poland in 1939 to the triumphant capture of Berlin in 1945. Choose your side of the conflict - USSR, Axis or Allies! Take command over your forces and win the legendary battles of World War II, that were created from archival materials on historically accurate maps. The best strategists will get additional rewards for perfectly cleared missions!
Choose your side in the largest war in the history and fight against Neural Network AI or real opponents. Improve your tactical skills in the classic Skirmish mode 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, fighting with Boris, friends and other players for control over the map. Master your defense skills in the unique to the strategy genre - Assault mode, where one player attacks and the other defends his fortifications.
You will lead more than 200 authentic combat units into battle. All of them were developed based on historical technical characteristics - more than 100 models of armored vehicles and self-propelled guns, 40 different types of infantry and assault squads and variety of different fortifications and defenses. Each unit has performance characteristics reconstructed in detail, such as fire rate, armored capture, field of vision and others that let you feel like a real commander. Assemble and train your army and form your own squads to complete the missions.
Use every opportunity to defeat the enemy: consider features of the landscape, weather conditions and viewing ranges of different types of forces to carry out the most daring tactical operations. Attack the enemy when he doesn't expect it. Use stealthy scouts and place infantry in the trenches, fortifications, pillboxes and even civilian buildings!
Learn tactics from legendary strategists! Appoint Zhukov as the commander of your forces and defeat Manstein! In the game available more than 20 commanders, with unique features and combat tactics based on command styles of their historical prototypes. Complete tasks in single and multiplayer modes and earn the loyalty of different commanders. Each can give you useful bonuses and additional features on the battlefield. Rokossovsky, Rommel, Montgomery - the choice is yours! Each commander has his own specialization and favorite combat tactics that make tactics development of the game even more diverse, providing additional opportunities for interesting combinations.http://store.steampowered.com/app/235380http://store.steampowered.com/app/366650/
24. Anno Online
Anno Online upholds the traditional in-depth economics that are the hallmarks of the award-winning Anno franchise.
The key element of the game is the player’s main island, where the foundations of your commercial empire will be set. By satisfying the needs of your population, constructing new buildings and managing the production, you will unlock new buildings and face new challenges as your population’s demands and consumption habits evolve. Soon, one island won’t be enough to satisfy all their needs and you’ll have to discover and claim additional islands and connect them via ship trading routes to your main island. For the first time in the Anno series, players have the opportunity to be part of a giant empire and get organized in powerful guilds to work towards joint goals and server-wide quests. A key element is the trade of goods with other players creating a social environment of continuous player-to-player interaction for the first time within this traditional franchise.
25. Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Grotesque Tactics is a story driven, satirical RPG with a strategic combat system. A party of 10 anti-heroes are fighting in a grotesque world that combines the features and clichés of Western and Asian Strategy RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics, Heroes of Might & Magic and Fire Emblem.
Grotesque Tactics weaves a humorous storyline and plenty of amusing dialogue, poking fun at some of the most successful RPGs, such as Oblivion, Gothic and Lord of the Rings.
To protect the kingdom from the merciless cult "The Dark Church" which has murdered all of the kingdom’s heroes and knights, you will have to hire dubious soldiers and rescue jealous maidens who will follow you into combat as your groupies.
- Turn based tactical battles with humorous animations not seen in any RPG
- Distinctive party members such as the arrogant Holy Avatar, the blood thirsty Vampire Solitaire, the sweet but hot-tempered Angel Angelina and many more
- Gorgeous village landscapes and dark, sinister dungeons
- Scantily dressed maidens to be freed from the grasp of merciless monsters
- Enormous, highly detailed and very angry end bosses
- Classical RPG elements: quests, treasures, trade, leveling up and out¬fitting a party of unique heroes
- Enjoyable multiple choice dialogues and conversation puzzles in the style of classic adventure games, such as Monkey Island or Maniac Mansion
26. Settlers 3: Ultimate Collection
The gods may be crazy! First the Almighty HE, the highest of all the gods, sends Jupiter, Horus, and Ch’ib-Yu off into an extremely arduous competition simply on account of some occasional drinking sprees! Then the three gods are subjected to scorn and derision: Q'nqura, the goddess of the Amazons, lets the trio win in battle out of pure spite, and then their humiliation is complete!
The Settlers® III: Ultimate Collection is a lavishly designed, strategy-filled civilization simulation where your industrious people construct buildings, produce goods, harvest crops, and conquer new lands in scintillating real-time battles! Will you heed the call of the gods and become their avatar?Settlers® III: Ultimate Collection includes the original The Settlers® III, The Settlers® III: Quest of the Amazons expansion, and The Settlers® III Mission CD. Includes a full-featured and easy-to-use editor that gives you the power to create your own missions and maps. Two exciting campaigns per faction filled with challenging goals!
Categories in common with Settlers 3: Ultimate Collection: Strategy
27. Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest
The druids of the Menhir Forest are troubled. Not only has the Archdruid disappeared, a darkness in the form of purple cysts has fallen upon the forest. It is up to Aava, the daughter of the Archdruid and her new-found companions Leonhard, a mysterious man with no past, and Oiko the mage, a dropout from the guild of Red Priests, to rescue the Archdruid and find out the truth behind the sinister events. As if this wasn't enough, a murderous maniac impersonating Leonhard is at loose in the forest....
Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest is a labor of love from the makers of the critically acclaimed Legend of Grimrock series. Druidstone is a tactical, single-player, turn-based roleplaying game, which combines the best qualities of modern RPGs with the elegance of tactical boardgames. Every action, every turn counts as you control your party of heroes through handcrafted, challenging missions with varying objectives.
Druidstone is set in a unique fantasy world, Elo Sphaera, filled with ancient, lush forests, standing stones, snow-topped mountains, deadly creatures and puzzle-ridden ruins. The epic story about love and death is centered around the main characters Leonhard, Aava and Oiko, who will along the way meet up with unexpected companions and villains, each with their unique personalities and abilities.
Get ready to venture forth and uncover the secrets of the Menhir Forest!Key Features
A tactical turn- and tile-based battle system where every action, every turn counts.
Upgrade the abilities of your heroes as you see fit using power gems obtained by completing missions and discovering hidden treasures.
Challenging, hand-crafted missions with playtimes ranging from 15 minutes to 45 minutes.
Solve devious non-combat puzzle levels to obtain rare equipment.
A gripping, fantastic story of love and death centered around the main characters Leonhard, Aava and Oiko.
A unique fantasy setting combining elements from western RPGs, JRPGs and tactical boardgames in unexpected ways.
Play custom missions created by others or make your own campaigns with the upcoming Druidstone Level Editor available as a post release update.
28. Sword Legacy Omen
Welcome to Broken Britannia
"Before Arthur’s Golden Age, our realm was lost, shattered and decadent; kingdoms torn apart by blind selfishness. A broken Britannia, void of hope."
The lord of Mercia has been assassinated, your love kidnapped and home is no more. As Uther, the disgraced Knight Commander, you must lead your misfit band of companions throughout quests riddled with trials. Forge uneasy alliances to acquire the mythical Excalibur sword and defeat the sinister power-obsessed duke of Wessex
Combat in Sword Legacy: Omen is always a challenge. As a strategist, you will need to plan your course of action with four heroes at a time. However, be ready to adapt and improvise because combat results always change based on the chosen abilities and chances of landing an attack.KEY FEATURESTactical Combat: Learn the importance of strategic positioning and unleash powerful skill combos with your party.
Free Exploration: When not in combat, investigate the environment, find treasures, solve riddles, and uncover secrets.
Party Customization: Adapt characters to your play style, manage your team, and progress by unlocking over 70 unique skills.
Hordes of Enemies and Unique Bosses: Fight a variety of vicious mobs and face powerful monsters in grueling battles.
Stress System: Use all your might to become victorious, but deplete your willpower and witness your heroes fall prey to panic.
Old-School Art Style With a Dark Twist: Relive the beautiful aesthetic of classic animations fused with the visuals of obscure and gothic comics.
A Different Take on a Classic Myth: Experience the Arthurian legends as never before, as famous characters and locations are revamped in a mature storyline of vengeance, honor, conspiracy and alchemy.
Interactive Environment: Study your surroundings and make deadly moves by blowing up explosive barrels and pushing enemies off edges.
29. Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Shades of Darkness
A century after the tragic events of Might & Magic Heroes VI, that determined the heroic fate of a dynasty, Shades of Darkness recounts, in two original campaigns, pivotal moments in Ashan’s darker history that will define the future of a decadent underground people and decide the survival of the dying cult of the Spider Queen. Determine the fates of two legendary factions; the Dark Elves of Dungeon and the Necromancers of Necropolis.Key Features:
- Master the Powers of Darkness: Lead the new Dungeon faction on a path to define the destiny of the Dark Elves, as they seek to become masters of deception, stealth, and assassination. Their future lies with Malassa, the Dragon Goddess of Darkness. Befriend her mysterious children, the Faceless, and if you dare, awaken her avatars, the legendary Black Dragons!
- New Content & Original Tactics: a full new lineup of 7 creatures, new hero classes, a new town and buildings set, a new mount, dozens of new artifacts, abilities and achievements. The Dungeon gameplay is completely original and tactically challenging.
- Ashan’s Darkest Paths: Play two original and thrilling campaigns starring two fan-favorite factions and their legendary heroes pitted against villains of mythical stature. Discover the fascinating nuances of Darkness that the rich and proven fantasy setting of Might & Magic is excited to unveil. There is always an even darker path.
- The Must-Have Heroes VI Expansion: Shades of Darkness is a compelling conclusion to the Heroes VI experience, and an indispensable addition to every fan’s collection.
- Standalone Expansion and Ideal Initiation: an ideal way to discover the critically acclaimed gameplay of Might & Magic Heroes VI. Shades of Darkness is a standalone expansion and ideal epic initiation for first time players.
- Experience the unique mix of Turn-Based Strategy and RPG: Explore extra-large adventure maps, collect resources and build extraordinary cities. Perfect your tactics to level-up your heroes, recruit troops and lead them for combat on tactical battle maps
- Rediscover the richness of the Might & Magic Universe: Discover fantastic landscapes and creatures from the world of Ashan. Enjoy improved 3D designs and brand new Townscreens.
30. Bloons TD 6
The Bloons are back and better than ever! Get ready for a massive 3D tower defense game designed to give you hours and hours of the best strategy gaming available.
Craft your perfect defense from a combination of awesome monkey towers, upgrades, Heroes, and activated abilities, then pop every last Bloon that comes your way!
ALL NEW 3D BLOONS TD
* Vibrant new monkey animations and upgrade skins
* Intense visual effects
* 30 original maps, some with 3D objects that can block line of sight
EPIC MONKEY TOWER UPGRADES
* 20 powerful monkey towers, including 2 all new monkeys - Druid and Alchemist!
* 3 upgrade paths - all monkey towers now have 3 amazing paths to choose between
* Tier 5 upgrades - top upgrades so powerful only one monkey can have them
* Each game, place one of these unique and powerful monkeys with 20 signature upgrades
* Two bloon-shredding activated abilities per Hero
* Craft new gameplay strategies around each Hero's powers and synergies
DEEP MONKEY KNOWLEDGE SYSTEM
* Over 100 meta-upgrades that buff individual monkey towers or monkey groups
* Adds late game power so you can win more maps and reach higher freeplay rounds
* Play anywhere - single player offline works even when your wifi doesn't!
* New Bloons - tricky new bloon types like Purple, Fortified, and the relentless B.A.D.
* New game modes added to each game difficulty, like Restricted Monkeys, Double Health MOABs, and the brutal CHIMPS rules
And there's heaps more! We packed as much content and polish into this game as possible, and we'll continue to add new features, content, and challenges in regular updates. We truly respect your time and support, and we hope Bloons TD 6 will be the best strategy game you've ever played.
Now those bloons aren't going to pop themselves... sharpen your darts and go play Bloons TD 6!
31. Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead
Following the success of the RPG-Parody Grotesque Tactics franchise, comes a spin-off nestled in the heart of a tropical zombie bevvy of beauties against the greatest hero of them all, conveniently titled: Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead
As the story goes...
...after the last great battle, our hero Holy Avatar decides to grab a little R&R with his Guild of Maidens on a Caribbean island he recently purchased and renamed “Holy Island”.
Upon arrival on the beach, he makes a gruesome discovery; numerous dead maidens, horribly mutilated, are scattered all over the island and what’s worse, they’re not staying dead! Holy Avatar must put down his mai tai and investigate this strange and unsettling turn of events. New adventures, new hazards and, did we mention the zombies… await our hero and his companions inside the dense woods and caves of this once idyllic island.
32. Little King's Story
Once upon a time, in a small, unremarkable village, there was a timid little boy who didn't have any friends. One day, while playing alone in his bedroom, he was rudely interrupted by a family of dirty rats. Chasing them out of his room, the little boy suddenly found himself lost in a vast, mysterious forest, where he happened upon a magical crown that imbued him with the power to command. The little boy -- with his newfound companions Liam, Verde, and Howser the Bull Knight at his side -- has (rather surprisingly) become the leader of the small, down-on-its-luck kingdom of Alpoko.
With his newfound powers of persuasion, the little boy began working to raise Alpoko from the depths of obscurity and poverty into the dizzying heights of absolute power and prosperity. With Howser offering effective advice and unrestrained ambition, and the citizens of Alpoko sharing his grandiose plans (whether they want to or not), the little boy marches ever onward to his ultimate goal of World Domination!
Initially released for Wii to rave reviews, this cult classic real-time strategy game juxtaposes cutesy fairytale visuals with some decidedly adult cynicism for a zany, irreverent adventure to build, enhance, and maintain a mystical, magical kingdom. Making its way to PC for the first time, this edition of the game remains faithful to the Wii original, but brings all its charming, sassy fun to a new audience. Can you keep Alpoko safe from the Onii and help our little hero become king of the whole world?Key Features:
- Play an enhanced HD port of the fan-favorite Wii version of the game, with all the original storybook-style art, content, and gameplay present and accounted for.
- Play in English, French, Italian, German, or Spanish, to ensure that most of the Western world can understand your claim over their land (Note: Game also contains Japanese text, but in order for the Japanese text to display properly the Windows OS must be set to Japanese).
- Have your loyal subjects dig for treasure, erect buildings, and break obstacles to access new areas -- all in the name of bettering your kingdom.
- Interact with unique NPCs who have individual likes, dislikes, and personal memories which evolve based on their daily experiences.
- Take a variety of quests to help increase your reputation and further the noble name of Alpoko.
- Unite the surrounding rival kingdoms under your flag to become the best monarch in all the land (and ultimately, the one who rules over all the land!).
33. Battle Worlds: Kronos
Battle Isle, Advance Wars and Panzer General. Have you ever wondered what games like that would look like today? Well, we did. As a result, we decided to develope Battle Worlds: Kronos.Key Features:
- Two Single Player Campaigns (~50 hours of gameplay)
- Single Player Challenge Maps - Test your skills in different combat scenarios and keep track of your progress.
- Live Multiplayer - Battle your friends live on the internet (cross-platform) or via hot-seat.
- Asynchronous Multiplayer - Take all the time you need and consider your moves. Similar to "play-by-mail", your round is stored on our server and turned over to your opponent. The system allows you to continue the match anytime and anywhere you want (cross-platform).
- Online Features - Leagues, chat and - in early 2014 - tournaments.
- Strong AI - A clever AI that will challenge even experienced commanders.
- Map Editor - A powerful editor to create your own maps and missions (Windows only).
- Includes "Trains" DLC - Additional ~15 hours campaign, new units and new multiplayer maps
Categories in common with Battle Worlds: Kronos: Strategy
34. Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion
After many battles, a former kingdom has been divided into many small principalities and earldoms. The king's troops were pushed back into one last royal province, and the rulers of the other provinces waged terrible, destructive wars against one another. The whole land fell into a state of chaos and now the former royal capital itself is under siege by the armies of the rebel lords. You belong to the last remaining group of loyalists, and have been commanded to go to the king in light of the imminent attack.
A conspiracy against the king catapults the captain into a situation where he finds himself responsible for the defence of the last royal province. This is all that remains of the shattered kingdom, which has been torn apart by rivaling lords. And now even the king himself, ensconced in his capital, is threatened by enemy armies. This is the starting point of your Middle Ages adventure. Now you must win back all those provinces which once belonged to your king.
See what the love of a dedicated community can do for a game in our Knights & Merchants Mod Spotlight!Includes the original Knights & Merchants: The Shattered Kingdom and the expansion The Peasants Rebellion Complex “daily life” economy and resource management No population cap - the size of your army depends only on your capacity to feed your soldiers
Categories in common with Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion: Strategy
35. Z Steel Soldiers
“Lead your Z: Steel Soldiers into the next century rebooted for the rocket fuelled fans of the classic hard-core strategy game.
In the bloody aftermath of ‘Z’ comes Z: Steel Soldiers. All your favourite strategies and gameplay from the classic version, with graphics that have powered into the 21st century, vivid 3D landscapes, and a state of the art engine that brings your game to life. Meet the new breed of robots, with a taste for war and a warped sense of humour. Z: Steel Soldiers – you’ve never had it so good!”
When you take control of your Steel Soldiers unit, you’d better hit the ground running, as you take some superb war machinery straight into the heat of battle. You can start to build up your forces when this firefight is over. Right now you’d better just dig in!
Every theatre of the war is intertwined with the non-linear plot, revealing more twists and turns than a roller coaster, this is no ordinary battle, and these are no ordinary troops. They are fearless troops who drink rocket fuel and pick fights with saber-tooth snow slugs just for fun. You’ve never met robots quite this screwed-up before...
* 30 Distinct, lush levels spread across 6 unique worlds.
* Air, ground and sea units ranging from WW2 based vehicles through to modern jet fighters.
* Significantly enhanced 3D Graphics packed full of scalable features such as reflections and particle systems providing intense and rich landscapes.
* Real-time environment forces, both local and world forces affect the environment to such detail that even plumes of smoke are split as helicopters come soaring through.
* 9 different robots each with unique abilities.
* Revolutionary fast-resource style gameplay; The more territories you take, the larger the resource ‘flag’ in that territory and the faster and more you can build; leaving you to deal with the real objective – all-out warfare!
* Our most advanced AI yet, that will stop at nothing to rid the universe of Zod and his band of space renegades...
GET READY TO KISS YOUR SHINY METAL BUTT GOODBYE
Categories in common with Z Steel Soldiers: Strategy
36. Defenders of Ardania
Defenders of Ardania (DoA) is a next-generation tower defense game set in the rich fantasy world of Majesty, but with a twist. Besides the addictive core mechanics of placing towers to stop advancing enemy units, DoA also allows players to take on the role of the attackers seeking to conquer the enemy base.
DoA’s innovative new game concepts include light RTS elements, taking the popular genre to the next level. Players must oversee unit production and upgrades while assembling the most effective army from one of three playable races, each with unique locations, towers, and units. However, without magic, a fantasy game is little more than a toothless lion (or dragon, rather), so a wide range of spells will be available for players to decimate their enemies and protect their forces.
Although DoA includes a single-player portion, the focus of the game is undoubtedly multiplayer, where two to four players can take each other on or compete against AI opponents via Internet, LAN, or PSN. The multiplayer component offers three different game modes where players can assume either the defensive or offensive sides – or both!Key Features
- An intriguing new take on the massively popular tower defense genre: players lead both offensive and defensive operations
- Ardania: the world of Majesty with three playable races and their unique environments
- Defense: 24 different upgradeable towers to erect against the invading enemy
- Attack: 24 varied units with diverse attributes to assemble into an offensive force
- Strong multiplayer component with a variety of game modes for up to four players
- Interactive environment that affects gameplay
- A wide range of offensive and defensive spells
37. Knights and Merchants: The Shattered Kingdom
Knights and Merchants: The Shattered Kingdom is a medieval-time based real-time strategy (RTS) video game. It was developed by Joymania Entertainment (since changed to Joymania Development) and published by TopWare Interactive in 1998. The player takes the role of the captain of the palace guards and leads the soldiers and citizens to victory. An expansion pack was released in 2001 titled Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion.
Categories in common with Knights and Merchants: The Shattered Kingdom:
38. Dinosaur Forest
WHAT IS DINOSAUR FOREST
Dinosaur Forest is a fast paced chaotic first person wave-based shooter that pits players equipped with some basic weapons against species currently inhabiting the Unknown Planet.
The world of dinosaurs is violent and grim.
The game follows prince Kronoss on his journey to reconnect with reality.
We are a team of little pigs building a brick house to keep the wolf from the door. With over 30 years of collective experience developing the Fable series and its community, we hope to infuse our games with the same charm, eccentricity, and humour that permeated that series.
Using all their experiences from Lionhead, the team is working hard to make Kynseed the sort of game they’d always wished had been made. To help us on this journey, we’ll be calling upon the PixelCount community (that’s you!) to give us feedback, guidance, and flattery. Mainly the latter, if we’re being honest.
Ultimately, we want to keep it real with the players and never feed them a company line. So, for better or worse, you can expect us to talk to you with the same honesty and candor as a coworker: with plenty of cursing and sarcasm.
40. Townsmen - A Kingdom Rebuilt
Welcome, your Highness! A vast land awaits your settlers and is ready to be colonized. Send your architects and builders to plan and construct a city. But also send your craftsmen, to cut some wood and to mine ore. Make sure your fields are on fertile grounds, to get all the food for your hungry subjects! Townsmen – A Kingdom Rebuilt hands the crown to you: Guide your people from their first steps in a small village to a massive medieval metropolis with thousands of inhabitants.
Overcome the challenges that lie ahead. Your citizens have various needs in order to stay happy. And you have to keep them happy, to keep the tax coins rolling which you need to build even more. Beware, as there are many things in the world that will disturb the happiness: Seasons will change the demand for certain goods – more water is needed during summer, more clothes in winter. Catastrophes may hit your prospering city, the plague, a large fire or an avalanche won’t make anyone happy nor will a bandit attack!
A huge variety of houses to build and many different jobs for your subjects will keep you busy. The armory will produce weapons for your soldiers, to keep your citizens save from bandits. The bakery or the butcher’s workshop will provide food, the monastery, the juice manufacture and the vineyard will bring the drinks – and everything can be bought at the marketplace! Make sure to have an eye on the daily routines of your people – besides jobs & food, they also need a place for recreation like a park, houses to live and entertainment in the jousting grounds or the tavern!
Each of your deeds is meaningful: If you order your folks to build a house, if you send them to a new job – everything will reward you with experience points. This progression system will allow you to research techniques that for example increase the amount of taxes you get or make your watchtowers more efficient. In every map you play!
- City-building gameplay set in medieval times
- Complex economy sim and deep production chains
- Over 150 different town- and production buildings
- Seasons and weather effects that influence gameplay
- Citizens have their own daily routines with different demands
- The overarching “town level” brings player progression for every single deed – you’ll be a better sovereign each time you play the game
- Devastating disasters like fire, the Plague, drought and many more
- 26 diverse scenarios and challenging tasks
- Unrestricted endless mode on 24 maps
- Optional military feature with soldiers and bandits
- New townie language for livelier interactions
41. Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry
In the darkest corners of the Caribbean, an old evil is rising again.
It's been years since Christopher Raven's family was brutally murdered by Neville “the Devil” Scranton and his bloodthirsty gang, the Devil's Tines. Orphaned and missing a hand, Christopher is rescued by Marcus, an ex-slave and rum-maker who nurses Christopher back to health and takes him under his wing.
Growing up with a black bitterness in his heart, Christopher drowns his demons in rum and violence, brooding endlessly on the revenge that was stolen from him when the Devil’s Tines disappeared in the monstrous quake that sunk half of Port Royal. When a string of brutal and all too familiar murders occur, Christopher’s chance for revenge is suddenly within his grasp. Neville and the Tines are back, and nothing on earth will stop Christopher from claiming their heads.CONTENT OF THE DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION
- A brand new location waiting to be explored, with additional 60 minutes of playing time
- Two exclusive in-game items: the Grim Ripper figurehead and the mighty cutlass "Merciless". Both exclusive in-game items increase the respective abilities of Christopher and his ship when used
- The digital Artbook: Enjoy 72 packed pages of original Raven's Cry artwork (PDF Format)
- An extended version of the Official Soundtrack (MP3 Format)
- All classic pirate songs, including Whisky in a Jar, Hanging Willie aka Drunken Sailor, La Bamba, Da-YO aka Bananaboat Song and more
- A digital Songbook including all of the Tavern songs with both the lyrics and the musical notes (PDF Format)
- Exclusive Wallpapers
- A Brutal World: Dozens of missions and side-quests are spread across the 18th century Caribbean. From white, sandy beaches crawling with deadly wildlife to dark and stormy seas infested with pirates, the world is your battleground.
- Know Your Enemy: Hundreds of colorful characters await you; pirate gangs, cannibals, government factions and even ferocious wildlife all stand in your way as you loot, kill and pillage your way across the stunning archipelago.
- Fill Your Coffers: An extensive economic system allows you to make your fortune in a variety of ways; search for lost treasure, trade goods in local ports, gamble in taverns or head into the jungles for a hunting expedition.
- Only the Strong Survive: Upgrade your skill tree to learn new attacks and combos and use dozens of historically accurate firearms and blades in tandem with your fearsome hook.
- Scourge of the Sea: Handpick your crew and set sail. A wide variety of ships can be purchased and upgraded, and different ammunition types allow you to strategically cripple enemy ships for looting, or blast them to the bottom of the ocean.
- Every Choice Has a Price: The notoriety system allows you to influence the world around you; earn a reputation for pure brutality as you laugh in the faces of those that come after you, or show mercy while manipulating your enemies and turning them against each other.
As a newborn deity, create and grow your own religion by careful management of your followers. Guide your disciples into the Sacrament as rival deities and their followers contest your claim to power and glory.Create your own religionYou define what is important to your followers. Select virtues and vices. Guide their lives and the rituals they must perform to honor you. A few will rise to become powerful disciples who can help train future generations.Nurture and guide your followersYou do not control your disciples, merely guide them. But deciding what rituals they enact, which monument they build and managing their abilities and powers will all be key to a prosperous tribe.Ritual combatOther deities and religions vie for power and influence. Face rival gods and their followers in ritual combat known as ‘Sacraments’. Your disciples will need to prove their faith through the use of awe, persuasion or brute force.Colourful art styleCharming visuals with a crisp hand-drawn style depict the new and unknown world of Godhood, seen through a lush, isometric perspective.ReplayabilityPowered by a deep simulation, Godhood allows you to experiment with dozens of different combinations of religious dogmas. Unlock new secrets as you progress along a main storyline filled with battles, rituals and challenging quests.
The world needs you!
AereA is a music themed Action RPG in which you play as one of Great Maestro Guido’s disciples and explore Aezir; a floating island that was broken into pieces. Your mission is to find and return the nine primordial instruments to restore balance and peace to the world. You have to find your way through all parts of the scattered islands; complete quests, solve puzzles, defeat bosses and discover the truth behind the islands. Will you be able to return the nine primordial instruments?
Play as Wolff the Harp-Archer, Jacques the Cello-Knight, Jules the Lute-Mage, Claude the Trumpet-Gunner, or team up with your friends in local co-op. Collect Music Sheets to learn new skills and customize your weapons to your play style.Features
- Enjoy the beautifully hand-drawn music themed graphic style
- Experience the story to find out what happened to the floating island
- Play as 4 different characters, each with their own unique set of abilities
- Fight 9 unique bosses, inspired by a specific musical instruments
- Explore multiple islands with a wide variety of biomes, enemies and puzzles
- Switch to local co-op to form a team with up to 4 friends at any time
- Native 4K Support
You awaken stranded on a hostile alien world, after your journey to colonize the planet. Rhyldan, takes a catastrophic turn. Armed with only your fists, your wits and fragments of knowledge buried deep within a damaged clone’s mind, you must ensure the survival of the human race. Harvest local resources to get started, and hunt wildlife with crafted weapons to provide food and protection from the elements. As you survive you will regain access to knowledge and important skills to aid in your survival. Unlock advanced technologies to build giant structures, advanced weaponry and defenses, tame the wildlife, engineer and grow new living species, build robots and vehicles and use it all to support your allies or crush your enemies.
Fragmented is available in multiple rulesets allowing for PvP focused content, or working together with other players to survive against the environment. Play online or in single player mode. Players will have the option to host their own servers as well and tweak many of the settings to provide an easier experience or a much more harsh experience including hardcore options.Skills
Surviving in the world of Fragmented has its advantages. As you gain more experience you will be able to unlock higher level skills opening up different play styles and survival options. You can focus on combat related skills to take the fight to the wildlife or your enemies or you can focus on skills that will improve your base and your storage capabilities. Fragmented features a level system that grants points you can spend on a handful of skills to better customize your character. You can spend the points on the following skills.
- Construction allows you to create buildings, props, storage containers, and various types of crafting stations.
- Electronics includes the creation of Electronic Devices, Turrets, Medical Scanners, or Robotics.
- Melee provides bonuses in melee combat, as well as the creation of melee weapons and tools.
- Ranged provides bonuses in ranged combat, and allows creation of ranged weapons and grenades.
- Refining is used to process raw materials, unlocks harvestables, and creates tools.
- Subsistence reduces the effects of hunger and thirst, and allows the creation of foods, drinks or medical compounds. It also includes genetic engineering on the high end.
- Survival increases your health and allows the creation of traps, torches, and campfires, as well as basic tools and waterskins.
- Textiles is used to create armor, clothing, pouches, and backpacks.
There are many different types of harvestable resources in the world, including dead creatures. Primitive tools will get you the basics, but you will need to build better tools to achieve better results and to gain access to rare materials. Creatures also increase in difficulty as you venture out, including boss encounters and other surprises.Using better tools and fighting harder creatures you also can run across rare resources that can used to create even more powerful weapons and tools.Rulesets and Hosted Servers
Fragmented will be offering a variety of ruleset configuration options, catering to many different playstyles. This includes PvE and PvP options, both with casual, normal, and hardcore modes, all available on the official servers. If you wish to host your own server, you will have control over those options, as well as having more granular control over the other aspects of the game, such as food/thirst rates, damage, mob difficulty, experience gained and several others.
45. Codename: Panzers, Phase One
- Fully remastered to work with modern systems
- Support for modern display resolutions
- All patches included
- Re-implemented multiplayer and NAT traversal for a smooth online experience
No, this can't be! Initial outpost reports showed only armored infantry, but some serious hardware is headed this way! How could two 70-ton German Königstiger battle tanks simply be overlooked?! Well, no time to lay blame, just aim the bazooka and bring up the tanks from the rear. Only a direct hit can destroy them....
Codename: Panzers thrusts you into the high-powered battles of World War II. Whether played in towns with bullet-riddled buildings, bleak mountain landscapes, or treacherous swamps, Codename: Panzers offers real-time combat rampages with awesome 3D graphics. Create your combat force from over 100 finely detailed units, from a flame-throwing squad to a Soviet Stalin organ rocket launcher to a German Königstiger battle tank. Be the commander--demolish the enemy with clever tactical maneuvers. Experience the nerve-jangling thrill of strategic gaming--in Codename: Panzers!
46. Timber and Stone
Timber and Stone is a procedural city building game set in a medieval fantasy world.
With over one-hundred resources to gather and craft, Timber and Stone has the feel of a real time strategy game, but with much more depth and complexity. You must remain vigilant while gathering and producing those resources, there is danger over every hill, and even punishment for neglecting your defenses. Timber and Stone exhibits a strong emphasis on combat, castle defense, and seige. All requiring you to maintain your workforce with food, clothing, weapons, armor and secure walls. The goal while developing Timber and Stone is to provide a city building game that rivals roguelikes in terms of difficulty and randomization. You start the game with a procedurally generated terrain and are given a small group of workers and resources. To survive, you’ll have to collect food and building materials. The more wealth you amass, the more likely you’ll be besieged by marauding goblin hordes and necromancers commanding undead armies.
47. Deadly Hunter VR
Take the role of a Deadly Hunter in this first person defense game!
The Orcs invaded our homeland but we defeated them. However, there are still small bands of Orcs lingering in a number of our strongholds. As a renowned hunter, your task is to eliminate the remaining Orc troops and to liberate all strongholds.Amazing Immersive Experience
- Battling monsters is brutal. As their archenemy, you must fight their axes and spears.
- Use your body to dodge about and find ways to blow the enemy’s head off, or you’re next to fall!
- Over four (4) hours’ worth of glorious gaming experience with over 20 scenes and exciting challenges!
- Monster variety like no other: Find over 10 kinds including Berserker, DarkSpear, Shieldon, SmokeLord, and Ladybug and find the best ways to annihilate them!
- Exciting future content for all types of players: The Escort Mode and Multiplayer Mode are coming soon.
- Traps are hunters’ best buddies!
- Unlock 10 unique traps including the steel trap, the venom swamp, and the archer tower.
- Each Orc has a specific weakness – find out and choose a trap wisely!
- There are over 100 trap upgrade combinations! If one isn’t powerful enough, satisfy your desire and upgrade your traps.
- After sharpening your Orc-slaying skills at the regular levels, step up and try the Elite and Endless Challenges. Conquer the most ferocious monsters and add them to your loot!
- Let the world know you’re the best hunter! Enter the global rankings after clearing a stage and start your own legend.
48. Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar takes you to the plains and forests of ancient Gaul where Julius Caesar wages a decade long war to subjugate the barbarian hordes.
Hegemony Rome will immerse you in the history like no other real time strategy game ever before, forcing you to pay close attention to the changing seasons and rapidly changing military situation. Unfolding across an epic satellite-accurate map stretching from the Mediterranean coast to the British Isles, the game utilizes the Hegemony series' trademark zoom to seamlessly take you from a grand strategic view of your empire right down to the battlefield at any time.
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar brings the past to life as you manage your armies and manipulate your enemies in a beautifully drawn simulation of 1st century BC warfare. Bring all of Gaul under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. Or, unite the Gallic tribes in the expanded sandbox mode and end the threat of Roman rule forever.
- Direct from the hand of Caesar – Four campaigns follow the conquests of Julius Caesar as he wrote them in Commentarii de Bello Gallico. Bridge the Rhine, invade Britannia and conquer the Gauls in over 100 objectives or choose from over 20 factions in the epic sandbox mode.
- All new map – Explore over one million square kilometers that are seamlessly zoomable, from the Mediterranean coast to the shores of Britannia.
- Improved graphics engine – Hegemony Rome supports 10x the terrain detail over previous installments and features a diverse and immersive landscape to explore.
- Build an empire – The construction system allows players to build forts, walls, and bridges at thousands of sites across the map to cement Roman control over the barbarian kingdoms.
- Promote your legions – Players can train officers to augment their unit’s skills as well as appoint governors and construct buildings to expand and improve their cities.
- Starve your enemies – Supply camps and logistics system makes sieges and supply lines more intuitive and more important than ever.
49. BC Kings
BC Kings features several new elements not commonly found in strategy games. In addition to gathering resources, training an army and defeating the enemy, you will have to solve adventure and role-playing elements as well.
The campaign is built around the epic story of the brave hero Mradin, and his trusty old friend Giesnik. As you complete the main objectives, you'll run across several side-quests where you can earn Shell-coins that can be spent on upgrading your main characters. Along the way to victory you'll figure out the biggest mysteries of all time, like the purpose of Stonehenge and the mystery of the Yeti, and much more...
- Story driven campaign with side quests and adventure elements
- 63 unique units
- 32 unique buildings
- 84 technologies to research
- 8 devastating magic spells
Categories in common with BC Kings: Strategy
50. The Guild 3
We find ourselves in middle Europe of the year 1400. The dark middle ages, once dominated through nobles and clergy, ends and a new era begins: the age of the free cities of trading and of the free mind!
In The Guild 3 you create a family dynasty which can last for centuries. While the world around you and your dynasty rearrange itself again and again - all non-player figures make their own decisions - you have to prove your skills in handicrafts and trading, at social occasion and finally in politics and in malicious intrigues.
The Guild 3 is a unique mixture of economic simulation, strategy game, historical life simulation and role playing game in real time 3D, with atmospheric voice recording and medieval soundtrack.
- Beautiful world that looks and feels alive, with day and night cycle and the four seasons Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter, each with specific influences to the world.
- Many "Story Quests" offer hours of game fun!
- Multiplayer experiences with up to 16 players and more at once!
- Known and Secret Societies, e.g. the Freemasons and the Alchemists Guild! Join one of the societies, support your fellows and get supported, get access to special powers of your society and try to mold your city and whole scenario map according to your societies philosophy!
- 12 unique scenario maps that comprise one or more cities and their surroundings, based on original historical locations in central and northern Europe.
- Mighty scenario editor that allow you to design your own scenarios.