The best games like Homefront: The Revolution are:
- arrow_rightPortal 2
- arrow_rightWolfenstein: The New Order
- arrow_rightFar Cry 5
- arrow_rightCall of Duty: Black Ops III
- arrow_rightTom Clancy’s The Division
- arrow_rightMafia III
- arrow_rightMetro: Last Light Redux
- arrow_rightCall of Duty: Black Ops II
20 Best Games Like Homefront: The Revolution:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
1. Portal 2
Portal 2 is a first-person puzzle game developed by Valve Corporation and released on April 19, 2011 on Steam, PS3 and Xbox 360. It was published by Valve Corporation in digital form and by Electronic Arts in physical form.
Its plot directly follows the first game's, taking place in the Half-Life universe. You play as Chell, a test subject in a research facility formerly ran by the company Aperture Science, but taken over by an evil AI that turned upon its creators, GladOS. After defeating GladOS at the end of the first game but failing to escape the facility, Chell is woken up from a stasis chamber by an AI personality core, Wheatley, as the unkempt complex is falling apart. As the two attempt to navigate through the ruins and escape, they stumble upon GladOS, and accidentally re-activate her...
Portal 2's core mechanics are very similar to the first game's ; the player must make their way through several test chambers which involve puzzles. For this purpose, they possess a Portal Gun, a weapon capable of creating teleportation portals on white surfaces. This seemingly simple mechanic and its subtleties coupled with the many different puzzle elements that can appear in puzzles allows the game to be easy to start playing, yet still feature profound gameplay. The sequel adds several new puzzle elements, such as gel that can render surfaces bouncy or allow you to accelerate when running on them.
The game is often praised for its gameplay, its memorable dialogue and writing and its aesthetic. Both games in the series are responsible for inspiring most puzzle games succeeding them, particularly first-person puzzle games. The series, its characters and even its items such as the portal gun and the companion cube have become a cultural icon within gaming communities.
Portal 2 also features a co-op mode where two players take on the roles of robots being led through tests by GladOS, as well as an in-depth level editor.
2. Wolfenstein: The New Order
Wolfenstein: The New Order is the ninth instalment in the Wolfenstein franchise. A first-person shooter with a primary target - killings Nazis. You play as Captain William Blazkowicz in an alternative universe in 1946. You and your friend Fergus Reid are attacking the castle of General Wilhelm "Deathshead" Strasse, who's the main villain of the game. When the attack goes completely wrong, you have to help Captain Blazkowicz in getting rid of the Nazis in the USA. The games core mechanic is the ability to use two weapons in both hands, making every single encounter unique. Also, the game has a skill tree, which gives Captain Blazkowicz new ways of killing Nazis. This game will try to push you off limits, will provide you with a significant challenge and give you a decent story with memorable characters. Adrenaline, laughing and even some dramatic moments stuns the player as he travels through the world of Wolfenstein.
3. Far Cry 5
Far Cry 5 is an open-world adventure first-person shooter developed by Ubisoft Montreal. It is the fifth main installment in the series.
Welcome to Hope County, Montana, where a violent religious doomsday cult appeared. You play as a junior deputy sheriff who gets trapped in the Hope County as all the ways out the county are now patrolled with cultists and all external communication is cut off. It is your job to free the county of cultists.
For the first time in the series, the game features a character creation screen. A wide range of weaponry which varies from pistols to grenade launchers is available to the player. Various vehicles are also at your exposal: cars, planes, helicopters, and so on.
The game puts a strong emphasis on building the resistance to the cultists. Players have to recruit the locals in order to have more fighters and gain reputation.
A welcome addition to the game is the so-called Guns For Hire system. It allows the players to choose one of the comrades that will follow them anywhere. For example, hiring a sniper will help the player spot enemy targets in the distance.
The whole game can be played in both singleplayer and co-op modes.
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Call of Duty Black Ops III is a science fiction first-person shooter, the twelfth game in the whole Call of Duty franchise and the third chapter in the Black Ops series. The action begins in 2065, 40 years after the events of the second part, so the game has several historical references. However, the game is not a direct sequel to the previous Black Ops game. Players are offered to assume the role of a CIA special unit trooper trying to get along with the new artificial intelligence DNI (Direct Neural Interface) system and to solve mysteries hidden in it. The whole gameplay is divided into three usual for Black Ops series game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies. The single-player campaign can be also completed in a squad (up to four members). Players are able to choose proper equipment and even customize the character before starting another mission. After the completion, each level could be replayed in a “realistic” difficulty or in a “Nightmares” mode (regular enemies are replaced with zombies).
5. Tom Clancy’s The Division
Tom Clancy’s The Division is an action shooter in a third-person perspective with role-playing elements. The game includes both single and multiplayer (co-op) experience. Playing for The Division agent gamers will fight against the sources of virus throughout the city to save America from the terrible cataclysm. The main action is set in New York City, so players have an opportunity to explore an open-world Manhattan infected with the dangerous pandemic. According to the storyline, the disease called “Green Poison” or “The Dollar Flu” appeared as a result of a failed experiment and spread with dollar banknotes on Black Friday 2015. Players should assume a role of The Strategic Homeland Division agent whose aim is to clear the city and to prevent further extension of the pandemic. The gameplay is about completing the missions, earning experience points (for the player progress) and currency (for upgrading the equipment level), and gradual fight against infection. Due to properly worked out high-quality textures all the objects and the city itself are meant to be willingly destructible for the improvement of gaming experience.
6. Mafia III
Mafia III is an action-adventure game that follows the story of Lincoln Clay, a veteran who is seeking revenge for his killed relatives in the city of New Bordeaux. He creates a criminal syndicate to defeat the Italian mob responsible for the death of Clay’s family. While the game is the third part of the Mafia series, it represents a completely new story and characters, not connected to the previous titles.
The core gameplay of Mafia III is gunplay with a cover system. The game provides a wide variety of weaponry to choose from; you can also call allies to help you. However, if you’re not fond of shooter mechanics, you’re allowed to use melee combat or stealth tactics to complete missions. Another feature is interrogating NPCs to get more information.
The game is set in an open world where you can move on foot or use vehicles. A great part of the game includes driving with realistic mechanics and sounds. There’s also a system of the governmental response to the crimes you commit that affects the playthrough.
7. Metro: Last Light Redux
It is the sequel to the game Metro 2033. Both games are based on the world of Dmitry Glukhovsky's novel Metro 2033 - in post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of subway lines groups of very different people survive. And not only people. There are mutated people there, and mutated animals. They are distinguished by unusual abilities, but even more - behaviour strategies. In the struggle for the remnants of resources, all these beings spend their gloomy days.
All characters use unusual and unexpected means for life and war. Something is created from the remnants of a past, normal life, something has already appeared in a new, changed world.
Locations are struck by an unusual synthesis of the ruins of a known world and traces of a catastrophe.
From the previous game Metro: Last Light differs, according to general opinion, by careful work on the remarks and shortcomings of the previous game. The set of weapons is significantly expanded, the technologies of Metro 2033 have become more developed.
The game has two fundamentally different endings and five additions.
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Call of Duty: Black Ops II is a first-person shooter, a direct sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops that features its protagonists. The story is divided into two time periods. It starts in 1986 with Alex Mason that has to return to work after his retirement to catch Raul Menendez, responsible for multiple crimes. The second storyline takes place in 2025; you play as David, Mason’s son, who also needs to find Menendez who sparks the second Cold War. The game has several endings depending on your actions in both storylines.
The campaign mode in Black Ops II is also selected in two parts. There are story missions, where you can make decisions that will affect the future of the characters. Additionally, Strike Force missions, available in 2025, feature permanent death - if the character is killed, you can’t return to the checkpoint, and have to continue the game without them.
Like two previous games in the series, Black Ops II has the Zombies mode with a completely new story. It starts with nuclear experiments in 2025 Nevada that cause the appearance of zombies.
Insurgency is a first-person shooter, which provides players with both PvP and co-op multiplayer experience. Unlike other shooters, Insurgency features a hardcore gameplay lacking the on-screen crosshair, health and armor indications, and mini-maps. For the more, each weapon instantly kills other players with one shot in the head and with the maximum of 4 shots in the body, which is quite realistic. As far as the action is set in the timeframes of the Iraq War, the two opposing sides are U.S. troops and Iraqi rebels. The gameplay is divided into 9 PvP modes (Push, Firefight, Skirmish, Ambush, Occupy, Infiltrate, Flashpoint, and Elimination) and 5 co-op modes (Checkpoint, Hunt, Survival, Outpost, and Conquer). PvP matches are held according to 9 various scenarios (depending on the chosen game mode) with the maximum of 32 player count (16 for both sides). To start a match, players have to select a character class and proper equipment. In the co-op game mode, players are offered to compete with AI during the completion of a specific game objective.
10. Far Cry 2
Far Cry 2 Fortune's Edition is an open-world FPS developed by Ubisoft Montreal. It is the second installment in the series.
Jump in the boots of a mercenary sent to an African country where the civil war breaks out. Your target is a notorious arms dealer that supplies both sides of the conflict. As the player arrives at the hotel, they pass out due to malaria. Waking up, you find your target standing over you, reading the mission briefing. The player is too weak to eliminate the arms dealer due to malaria-induced weakness. The Protagonist is left for dead by their target as shooting begins outside the hotel. Get out there, find the target and eliminate him.
Far Cry 2 is the first game to feature an open world. It offers a large set of means of transportation. A day-night cycle is also featured. Far Cry 2 is a very realistic game featuring weapon degradation, dynamic weather, simulated fire, vegetation regeneration, the players even have to take out the physical map and GPS in order to find their way in the game world.
A class-based multiplayer mode with up to 16 players is also featured.
Fortune's edition adds 3 new weapons, 2 vehicles, and 4 multiplayer maps.
11. Crysis 2 - Maximum Edition
The sequel to the game Crysis.
The army of aliens returns to Earth to destroy all of humanity. On the streets of New York, the epidemic mows people in millions. Chaos reigned everywhere, the city is rapidly turning into flaming ruins. The army and the police are powerless before the newcomers, and the only escape is an option. But if we call on the help of unique technologies, there is a chance to save ourselves and humanity. The hero is the one who has these technologies - and he fights alone, saving the city and people. And he is protected by a unique fighting device - Nanosuit 2.
The game focuses the player's attention primarily on destroying opponents in urban landscapes. The game is replete with clues - points to objects and places that can be used to win in combat, ways to reach the goal in another way.
Categories in common with Crysis 2 - Maximum Edition: Action
12. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
A sequel to Sniper: Ghost Warrior is based on CryEngine 3 and is somewhat similar to such tactical shooters as Crysis.
The protagonist is Cole Anderson, a gruff American ex-Marine, who accompanies a CIA agent on a mission. Their goal is to capture a group of mercenaries who are trying to obtain a biological weapon of mass destruction. The villain, former Russian spy Merinov, is going to sell the weapon to a terrorist organization that plans to provoke a nuclear war. The protagonist will perform a number of stealth military operations in Philippines’ jungle and in the highland of Tibet. There are also playable flashbacks about Anderson’s experiences during the Bosnian conflict that provide more details about his past with Merinov.
Just like its name suggests, the game puts a strong emphasis on sniping. There are many mechanics that aim to make the marksmanship realistic. Each bullet’s trajectory strongly depends on the wind and distance to the target. There’s a HUD that displays the intensity and direction of the wind, allowing the player to aim better. A red dot indicates where the bullet will hit, though this can be disabled in a higher difficulty level. The character’s physical state also influences his accuracy, and after running, he has to rest for a while before shooting. Stealth is also a vital component of the gameplay. Anderson has to sneak past enemy soldiers and cannot survive an open encounter against multiple opponents.
13. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Gold Edition
Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare, developed by Sledgehammer Games (co-developers of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3), harnesses the first three-year, all next-gen development cycle in franchise history. Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare envisions a powerful future, where both technology and tactics have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Delivering a stunning performance, Academy Award® winning actor Kevin Spacey stars as Jonathan Irons - one of the most powerful men in the world - shaping this chilling vision of the future of war.
All digital purchases of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare include the bonus Digital Edition Personalization Pack with a custom weapon camo, reticle set and playercard.
Power Changes Everything.An Advanced World
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare takes place in a plausible future in which technological progress and today’s military practices have converged with powerful consequences.
- In this carefully researched and crafted vision, Private Military Corporations (PMCs) have become the dominant armed forces for countless nations outsourcing their military needs, redrawing borders and rewriting the rules of war.
- And Jonathan Irons, the founder and president of the world’s largest PMC - Atlas Corporation - is at the center of it all.
- Powerful exoskeletons evolve every aspect of a soldier’s battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization.
- The introduction of this gameplay mechanic delivers enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.
- With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally changing the way gamers play Call of Duty across all modes.
- Harnessing the power of next-gen platforms, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare introduces a new hi-tech, advanced arsenal and ability set, arming players with all-new equipment, technology, perks, and vehicles like hoverbikes and highly specialized drones.
- Players can also choose between standard ammunition and an all-new class of directed-energy weaponry that enables totally new gameplay dynamics.
- And with exoskeletons delivering a massive force multiplier and unprecedented tactical freedom, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare evolves every firefight.
Categories in common with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Gold Edition: Action
14. Aliens: Colonial Marines Collection
You and your friends are the deadliest killers in the galaxy. Another glorious day in the Corps.
Buckle up, soldier! Welcome to Aliens™: Colonial Marines. Created by Gearbox, the critically acclaimed and fan-favourite developers of Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, you and your friends will become the most badass military outfit in the galaxy – the US Colonial Marines. It’s up to you to not just survive, but wipe out the Xeno infestation.
Key Features: Enlist in the Marine Corps.
Bringing you a true sequel to the classic Aliens film, get tooled up with classic Marine weapons including pulse rifles, motion trackers and
The most authentic Aliens experience ever.
Using authentic environments inspired by the film series including Hadley’s Hope, the Sulaco and LV-426, you will be immersed in an eerie, atmospheric
world where any moment could bring your death.
Drop-in/Drop-out co-operative gameplay.
The masters of co-op bring their expertise to the Aliens universe. Xenos getting too tough? Call up your buddies so they can drop in with extra
firepower. The whole campaign can be played with a squad of up to four players, dropping in and out as necessary through self-contained missions
within an over-arching narrative.
Loadouts and upgrades.
Create your perfect killing machine. An extensive upgrade system allows players to customise their characters to play the way they want. Earn experience to get perks, new weapons and new looks for your squad.
Categories in common with Aliens: Colonial Marines Collection: Action
15. Enemy Front
ENEMY FRONT is the first truly modern WW2 FPS, featuring stunning visuals, open-ended levels and a richly interactive combat experience that breaks out of the standard model of highly linear scripted FPS experiences, giving the player full freedom to own their playing style. Intense Combat, Sniping, Stealth and Sabotage – all are viable approaches for the player, maximizing player engagement and replayability. Against the visceral backdrop of breathtaking European locales, the player takes on the role of American Robert Hawkins, as he fights hand in hand with Resistance Fighters opposing the Nazi juggernaut in France, Germany, Norway, and during the Warsaw Uprising.
- Choose your own fight: gameplay blends fast-paced FPS action with precision sniping thrilling stealth, and deadly sabotage in the first open-ended WW2 game.
- Deal death from afar: use sniper rifles to decimate enemy ranks and pick off officers, enemy snipers and heavy weapons gunners with deadly precision.
- Breathtaking visuals, interactive environments and spectacular action across many iconic Resistance operations of WW2.
- Choose your own weapon: full arsenal of WW2 weaponry across all categories of hand-guns, SMGs, assault rifles, sniper rifles, as well as signature Resistance weapons including the Sten gun, Welrod Silenced Pistol, and Lightning SMG.
- Own the battlefield: combine reconnaissance, explosives and marksmanship to prepare, misdirect and ambush numerically superior Nazi troops.
- Engaging, destructible environments and advanced tactical AI means combat is always a rewarding and dynamic experience.
- Highly replayable 10 hour Single-Player Campaign and 12-player Online Multiplayer, all powered by CRYENGINE technology.
16. Guardians of Orion
[ THE ULTIMATE SCI-FI RPG ]Guardians of Orion is a Sci-Fi MMORPG Shooter featuring Cooperative, Competitive, Social and Dog-fighting Gameplay!
[ THE LORE ]Guardians of Orion takes place half a century from now and allows you to explore The New Solar System. Rich with an unlimited and renewable clean energy source, Ion Crystals generated by the star of Rigel help power your Guardian using the most advanced technology and weaponry ever created.
· EXPLORATIONTravel across multiple Planets & Moons with your friends!· SURVIVALFight against devastating enemies including ROBOTS & DINOSAURS in cooperative gameplay!· BATTLE YOUR FRIENDSA variety of competitive PvP modes with Kills granting store credits and experience!· PLAY YOUR WAY!Swap between First-Person, Third-Person and Top-Down perspectives at ANY time during Cooperative gameplay!
· GATHER WITH YOUR FRIENDSSocialize in beautiful hubs including Space Command Centers, Elemental Moons, Complex Cave Systems and Sprawling Cities!· INVENTORYCollect Loot & Gear along your journeys!· CRAFTINGForge Resources into Gear and other items.
· COMPLETE MISSIONSA variety of Side Objectives, Weekly Challenges and Daily Challenges to earn store credits, unlock loot crates and earn new gear!· STATISTICSTrack your accomplishments with detailed player statistics and overviews!· LEADERBOARDSCompete with others across a variety of ranks and skills!
· CUSTOMIZATIONMillions of possibilities, including: Armors, Hats, Helmets, Weapon Skins, Shaders, Tracers, Effects, and more!· GIBS & GOREDecimate your enemies and experience over-the-top violence, gore and gibs! (Can be disabled via gameplay settings).· EXECUTIONS & FATALITIESTake the violence to another level with extreme finishing moves and fatalities!
· LOCAL CO-OPWe will continue to add additional Local Co-Op experiences as ORION continues to grow and evolve!· PLAY or PAY!The majority of Trek Store items can either be bought outright or played for as a variety of in-game systems grant you store credits, including the resources you collect, all PvP kills and bonus missions, achievements, daily challenges, weekly challenges and more! Our store is cosmetic-focused with no pay-2-win!
· COMPANIONSPets help assist you in collecting resources, items and gear! Acquire a PET and never be alone again.· WARGAMESBecome the best Pilot and challenge your friends and foes in a free-for-all dog-fighting game mode which rewards store credits and experience for a variety of gameplay and objectives!
· LOADOUTSCustomize your Weapon Loadout per characters, including Primary Weapons, Secondary Weapons, Item Kit and Grenade Type!DevNoteWe fully fund all of our prototypes and early access versions of our games/products. ORION is scheduled for official release on December 20, 2016. We use crowdfunding campaigns to grow these projects past our original ambitions and expectations through community feedback and interaction, the same as we did with our first title: 'ORION: Prelude' We'd love to make our new game "ORION" even more massive so please spread the word! The more we receive the more we can support YOU!
17. Lost Squad
Lost Squad — fan-made Source Engine based game in Half-Life® 2 universe about what happened to Barney Calhoun after Half-Life® 2: Episode One events and why he was not in Half-Life® 2: Episode Two
You, as Dr. Gordon Freeman's best friend, were last seen leaving City-17's train station with citizens before Citadel erupted amidst a storm of unknown proportions. You must battle against Combine on streets of City-17, give Gordon Freeman back his crowbar and be ready for unforeseen consequences.
Lost Squad extends the award-winning Half-Life universe allowing to look at familliar events through the eyes of Barney Calhoun and the gameplay with ability to destroy enviroments, play with friends in co-op mode, fight newly-spawned creatures and much more.
18. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
The eighth Call of Duty game overall is the sequel to Modern Warfare 2 and is set in an alternate reality of the modern era. In the campaign mode, the game continues the Modern Warfare storyline about an American spec ops squad Task Force 141 fighting Russian nationalists.
The player will control different characters on various military missions across the world. The protagonists from the previous part, Soap MacTavish and John Price, appear in certain missions but are sidelined by several new playable characters, most prominently, the Russian former Spetsnaz operative Yuri. Terrorist leader Vladimir Makarov, the villain of Modern Warfare 2, returns as well, and is trying to provoke the start of World War III. The player’s missions this time will be centered around protecting the West against Makarov’s attacks.
The game introduces a new Survival mode, in which the player repeals wave after wave of eternally respawning opponents. This mode allows for multiplayer co-op for two players. The traditional multiplayer mode was revised as well, adding a new reward mechanic, Pointstreaks, in which the player can choose between three sets of rules, called “strike packages”, to count his or her points.