The best games like Heart&Slash are:
- arrow_rightBatman: Arkham Knight
- arrow_rightLeft 4 Dead
- arrow_rightXCOM 2
- arrow_rightKilling Floor 2
- arrow_rightDead Rising
- arrow_rightThe Ship: Murder Party
- arrow_rightShantae: Half-Genie Hero
100 Best Games Like Heart&Slash:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (34)
- PlayStation 4 (41)
- iOS (25)
- Android (13)
- macOS (59)
- Linux (44)
- Nintendo Switch (19)
- Nintendo 3DS (3)
- Nintendo DS (3)
- Xbox 360 (17)
- Xbox (7)
- PlayStation 3 (18)
- PlayStation 2 (16)
- PlayStation (12)
- PS Vita (10)
- PSP (5)
- Wii U (3)
- Wii (4)
- GameCube (6)
- Nintendo 64 (4)
- Game Boy Advance (5)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (4)
- SNES (3)
- NES (2)
- Classic Macintosh (4)
- Apple II (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (3)
- Atari 8-bit (1)
- Atari ST (2)
- Genesis (4)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- Dreamcast (4)
- Game Gear (2)
1. Batman: Arkham Knight
Batman: Arkham Knight is the final instalment for the Arkham series by now. Joining forces with Bruce Wayne for the last time, we have to oppose Scarecrow and other iconic villains such as The Riddler, Harleen Quinzel a.k.a. Harley Quinn, Penguin and others.
The story continued after events in Arkham City when Joker died due to infection in his blood. Now, Scarecrow tries to release a new fear toxin, meanwhile new mysterious Arkham Knight plots against Batman as well. Still having consequences after being poisoned by the Joker and seeing visions with him, Bruce has to prevail the death of Gotham City.
The gameplay mechanics stays the same to the Arkham series. Melee combat system, use of the detective skills to find clues and gadgets still play a major role in Batman's fight against evil. Although now you can travel around not only by your grappling hook but a legendary Batmobile as well. Iconic voices of the characters, Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammil once again return to give their voices for the last game in Arkham series.
Categories in common with Batman: Arkham Knight: Action
2. Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead is set in a zombie apocalypse situation. You play as one of four different characters - Louis, Zoe, Bill or Francis - and try to go to safety zones at each of the levels or leaving the infected areas. The main story follows four protagonists in their attempts to escape the hordes of zombies and other infected mutants. Every single time though something goes wrong.
At every single chapter, players must defend themselves from a horde of zombies as well as completing different tasks in order to leave the location - power up the generator, contact military service via radio or some other objects. Every level you start in a safe room with melee and firearms weapon, like UZI, Katana, AK-47, supplies and medicaments like the first-aid kit which will heal you or your partner and painkillers which will give you some amount of health that you will lose over time. Ordinary zombies are not the only enemies you are going to face, as Smokers, Hunters, Tanks and other mutated monsters are about to stop you from getting to the end of the level.
3. XCOM 2
The game continues the previous game line: XCOM Enemy Unknown. In XCOM 2 we see the Earth under the rule of aliens. The order established by them is based on total control but is proclaimed as the realm of prosperity and security. However, on the periphery of large cities, there are those who consider it a dictatorship and are struggling to restore independence to people. Thus the new XCOM, the organisation of freedom fighters, is reborn. The base for the organisation's soldiers is now the alien ship "The Avenger", converted to the needs of the defenders of the Earth.
The player will have to travel around the global map, contact guerrillas in various places, look for resources and perform partisan attacks on the critical points of the enemies. The tactics of the organisation have changed - now they are in the minority. The factories for the production of weapons and other equipment were closed 20 years ago, so you have to collect any found equipment and resources.
The game introduced many new enemies, but there are aliens from the previous game too. The hero of the game has a unique ability to be in contact with the psi-network uniting all the aliens. This ability makes him a turning point in which the enslavement of the Earth can be reversed.
4. Killing Floor 2
Killing Floor 2 is a cooperative first-person survival horror game developed by Tripwire Interactive.
The game is based on events of the first Killing Floor. A biotech corporation Horzine attempts to create military clones, yet something goes wrong and now the mutant clones are spread all around Europe. Governments collapse and the infrastructure is almost non-existent.
Up to 6 players spawn on the map in order to kill the boss. The players have to hold out 4, 7 or 10 waves of enemies after which the boss spawns. Each wave has more enemies and special mutants. After the end of a wave, the players can visit the trader, where they can buy weaponry and equipment. Players earn money and experience points for killing enemies. The more players there are on the map - the more enemies spawn. The difficulty level is also affected by the number of players. The only difference between singleplayer and multiplayer is in the number of players.
The game features a class system. Players spawn with level 0 and can level themselves up to level 25. Each class is better in one field of combat. For example, medics have a speed boost and can heal other players while supports are able to seal the doors.
Categories in common with Killing Floor 2: Action
5. Dead Rising
Dead Rising was a specific iteration of an open world action horror game that is considered to be a beat ‘em up. The difference is that it’s a zombie survival with horror elements and crafting mechanics. The protagonist, Frank West, is sneaking into the Willamette to gather information on the reasons why is it being sealed by the National Guard. After landing on the roof of the big shopping mall, Frank asks the pilot to pick him up in 72 hours. Inside Frank learns of a massive zombie outbreak, and a threat of it nationwide infestation.
In order to complete missions, the player will have to explore the shopping mall and fend off the zombies. Frank has access to more than 250 items that can be used as weapons, ranging from low to high damage. Some of the weapons might have environmental properties, like being heated on the open fire. All weapons can be used a limited amount of times in order to make the player explore and search for random encounters, with struggling survivors that need saving, or “psychopaths” that act as mini-bosses. The game uses RPG elements, where the player earns Prestige Points that can be spent to improve skills and attributes. As a photographer, Frank has a camera that can be used to take pictures, that are rated and their rating score is converted into the Prestige Points.
Categories in common with Dead Rising: Action
The game genre is described as an “adventure.” The creators of the game claim that the game is a combination of the creators' favorite literature, movies, and cyberpunk, noir genres.
The game develops on planet Earth, in the ordinary world, in the atmosphere of the 50s, in the fictional location of Japanada.
A top-secret espionage agency operating out of an abandoned subway station. The player controls Polyblank performing several missions given by the head of the organization.
Missions are almost always bizarre and nonsensical. For example, all of them begin by ingesting a dose of prescription medicine. Missions include degaussing and smuggling pigeons, assassinating cowboys, cross dressing, killing a piggybacks, and photocopying.
The main content of the game is exploration and comedy over puzzle-solving.
Each mission has a main goal, but the player can freely explore the world of the game, which is filled with many creatures and objects. There are also many mini-games.
Managing a character is organized quite simply. Player can use the keyboard to move in all directions, jump, cycle through the player's inventory, and interact with highlighted objects. The mouse allows to manipulate the camera and look around.
Bonus game mode
"Wedding Quake» mode allows players try to shoot AI-controlled enemies with wedding-themed weaponry, like wedding cake, roses, champagne corks, in a Quake deathmatch-style contest.
7. The Ship: Murder Party
The Ship: Murder Party is a first-person shooter video game made with Valve Corporation Source engine. The first playable concept of The Ship was released as a modification for well-known and famous video game Half-Life 2.
The year is 1920. The setting is a cruise ship where each player has the mission to secretly murder other player when nobody is watching. Also, despite the killing the player has to be aware of their own hunters.
The story is about a man called Mr. X, who has handed free tickets for players in his cruise ship. Of course, the player's characters don’t know that once they are on the ship they will have to kill other passengers and if a passenger chooses not to do so the Mr. X will kill him or her immediately by feeding him or her to sharks.
The Ship has single-player and multiplayer modes. In single-player, the player gets the role of second class passenger named Charlie Panther who is welcomed by Mr. X talking about his requirements for the passenger which includes killing other people on the ship. In multiplayer mode each player gets a nickname and has the objective to kill certain person on the ship.
8. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Shantae embarks on her first full HD adventure! When a mysterious crime wave sweeps Sequin Land, it’s up to Half-Genie Hero Shantae to save the day! Use Shantae’s devastating Hair-Whip Attack to send monsters flying, or Belly Dance to transform into a more powerful creature form! Topple the masterminds behind each criminal caper and prepare for the ultimate showdown against Shantae’s arch nemesis - the bodacious buccaneer Risky Boots!
• Shantae’s trademark moves return! Dance to transform into all-new and classic creatures, or summon magical attacks! Over a dozen dances to discover in all!
• New Relic System allows players to unlock new powers and customize moves for Shantae and her many forms!
• Conquer arcade-style action stages that unfold into a full world to explore. Fast action and quest-style exploration rolled into one!
• When Shantae’s story ends, you’re just getting started! DLC Modes introduce new characters, levels, and bosses!
• Huge Bosses, humorous dialogue, and the wonderfully weird Shantae cast return, now in fully animated HD!
9. EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair
Categories in common with EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair: Action
10. Volgarr the Viking
Volgarr the Viking is a 2D action-platformer inspired by classic platformers such as Ghosts ‘n Goblins and Rastan.
The game follows a Viking named Volgarr summoned by Odin to defeat an evil dragon. The gameplay shares many similarities with old-school side-scrollers.
The game consists of six main worlds and one secret level. Each of the world except the final one, divided into two part: an open area referred to as ‘level’ and a ‘temple’ with a boss on the end of it. On every stage, you have to go from the beginning to finish slaying monsters on your way and picking up treasures and power-ups. Volgarr has two weapons: throwing the spear and a sword. Throwing spear can be charged, and if it hits the wall, it serves as a platform that allows player achieve secret places. Additionally, Volgarr can pick up Mjolnir’s Blessing, a power-up that kills all non-boss enemies on the screen upon taking a hit. The hero has several different moves to fight the enemies and getting through platforming sequences such as jumping slash, crouching slash and down thrust.
The player can collect treasures scattered throughout the levels. Most of them only affect the player’s points. However, picking up particular Life Fires gives the player access to particular Valkyrie levels – alternate versions on game world with different layouts and more challenging enemies. The amount of Life Fires player collected affects the number of lives they have to beat Valkyrie level. Completing all of them in a single playthrough unlock a secret level Yggdrasill where Volgarr has to defeat the last boss in the game - Nidhogg.
11. Master Levels for Doom II
Master Levels for Doom II is an expansion pack for an action FPS Doom II. Since it is a map pack, many developers were involved with ID Software releasing the maps to the public.
The expansion pack features 21 maps (the 21st one is a secret map) with some of the maps offering their own story.
There is a secret science building on Titan, which contains a mighty alien weapon. Get in, kill the guards, solve puzzles, get out.
Once upon a time, you were the biggest and the angriest cyberdemon in existence. You were the head of the council that ruled Hell, at least you were before you were betrayed. Go out there and get revenge.
After all the trouble you've gone through at the UAC facility, you've lost track of your girlfriend Beatrice. It's no mystery how you got separated with all the demons running around. Go back to Hell and get her out.
This expansion pack brought no changes to Doom II's gameplay. Every aspect of the game stayed largely the same.
The main objective of Doom 2 is to find an exit off the level to continue to the next one, killing any demon you find on your way. Many weapons are at your disposal, such as a shotgun, a double-barrelled super-shotgun, and last, but not least, the iconic chainsaw.
There is no health regen in the game. Instead, the players have to look for medkits on the level they are in at the moment.
Categories in common with Master Levels for Doom II: Action
12. Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode II
The Sonic 4 Saga continues in Episode II with the return of a beloved side kick and fan-favorite villains!
Following the events of Episode I, Metal Sonic has returned to form an alliance with Dr. Eggman! To face this new evil, Sonic will have to call upon an old friend to help him save the day! Now joined by Tails, race across four new Zones and take down fearsome new badniks with deadly combination moves in order to put an end to this dastardly duo’s plans!
Experience the Sonic 4 saga as never before with the addition of a brand new engine; bringing you gameplay with updated physics and zones in stunning HD graphics! Also new to Episode II is the addition of online/local collaborative play where players can team up with a friend to take control of Sonic and Tails as they battle against Dr. Eggman!
BONUS! Owners of both Episode I & Episode II will unlock Episode Metal! Play as Sonic’s greatest rival in this exclusive zone and experience the untold story behind Metal Sonic’s revival!
13. Shoppe Keep
If you haven’t played Shoppe Keep yet, why not join nearly 100,000 gamers who are already enjoying this unique business management game, and create your own fantasy retail consortium?
Shoppe Keep challenges you to shrewdly set the price of each item and watch the money roll in – but if your stock is too expensive, you will find your supplies shrinking as stealing increases! Stop Thieves quickly, with a swing of your sword or a zap of a lightning spell! (Or maybe both, if you’re really bloodthirsty.) Price your wares competitively and great adventurers will travel from miles away to your one-stop shop to spend their gold – the gold that they probably found conveniently placed on a cave floor! Shoppe Keep delivers deep gameplay mechanics in a memorable, tongue-in-cheek world.
Gone are the days of testing the theoretical water – we’re now a fully-fledged, fully-opened store! Despite reaching full release, developer Strangefire will continue with our planned seasonal updates – after all, we all know that Shoppe Keep is the true meaning of the holidays - but the especially fantastic news is about the brand new Inn!
This building has been blocked off for some time, and many have speculated that it will be an Inn – well, the sneaky players were right! The Inn is best used at lower levels and a lower gold count. For a small amount of kPoints, you are able to unlock the Inn with a single table for four guests.
An inn with a single table? What complete rubbish! Additional tables can be purchased by speaking with the innkeeper, as well as additional upgrades that will help your Inn deliver serious coin. Adventurers traveling through town might want to visit the Inn and enjoy some food and ale – if they haven’t found some randomly laying around on their travels already. We all know that fantasy worlds cater for their heroes – but with Shoppe Keep, you’ll be able to make sure that catering doesn’t equal ‘potato in a toilet’!
Various members of four completely original and never before seen character classes will visit your store, including hardened warriors, magical mages, sneaky rogues and wise druids. (As you can tell, we’re taking this description text VERY seriously!) Each of these character types will seek to purchase items relating to their unique skill set - a warrior will be hard-pressed to take a flimsy magical robe into close quarters’ battle, for instance! Mages, however, will be perfectly happy with a wooden stick. It’s ‘magical’, or something ridiculous those absurd mages believe. Will you be able to accommodate for all four classes of customers?
You have a completely unreasonable clientele to add pressure to your role as a Shoppe Keeper. After a day of heroism, beating up goblins and even battling the great ol’ Dragonclaw, your customers can be just a little short-fused. This means your displays can be spoilt and your tables may be damaged by angry customers! The renegade ‘heroes’ are not too worried about bringing in dirt from the street either!
However, help is at hand! As the owner of the store you’ll be armed with various exciting tools for combating these issues. The mighty wooden broomstick will sweep away dirt brought in from your customers, and the great hammer will repair furniture damaged by these ‘extraordinary’ visitors. A few sweeps and a couple of swings means that your shop will be in tip-top shape. Grow your business, and you can employ an army of ‘Helper Bots’ to take care of this for you – the cutting edge in imaginary technology that totally exists.
Set your prices too high and your customers may think twice about investing their hard won (or stolen) gold in your shop. They’ll take the plunge and attempt to steal stock right under your nose! With no CCTV available in ye olde world of Shoppe Keep, you have to rely on your combat skill! A sharp swing of the sword or the zap of a magic spell can make quick work of these pesky Thieves. But be cautious not to hit any innocent bystanders or you’ll suffer a monetary penalty, as well as a life riddled with guilt! Not to mention the hideous moral conundrum of whether or not to tell your family or- look, just don’t kill innocent people.
And let’s not forget the ferocious Barbarians! They live on the outskirts of the city, looming like an ancient race of organic-synthetic hybrids that invade the gal- wait, wrong game.
Regularly invading the town, Barbarians will cause as much damage and destruction as possible! They will even fight you directly if you try to stop them. Eliminate a few dozen Barbarians and they’ll invite a much… larger friend to come and visit you. But what will you do with all the bodies? Unless you wish to display the corpses as examples to your customers, you monster, you’ll need to use either the broomstick or the grinder.
It’s tough running a shop (especially one that may or may not be the venue of a murder-fest); there are not enough hours in the day to go out and procure new items for yourself. Thankfully, you can employ a Champion, unlocked via the skill tree. Select a class, equip the Champion with your finest armour and weapons, and send them out to bring home rare new wares. Despite that awful half-rhyme, some of these items can be sold, some are junk and others can be crafted into more powerful gear.
Your Champion will need to gain experience, just like the fantasy heroes you’re familiar with. During their first outing, they may fall in battle (and regret not saving more recently!), and whilst they will not return with any new goods, the experience will have taught them valuable skills that will improve their chances next time.
‘Helper Bots’ are your robotic staff team. The MK III charts the latest iteration of this tech, increasing the artificial intelligence of this mechanical chap. We all knew that true AI technology would be created before CCTV – it was inevitable.
The ‘Helper Bot’ has three duties; zapping Thieves who attempt to steal from your shop, picking up items that customers may have thrown to the floor, and restocking items back on the shelves. You can purchase several ‘Helper Bots’ to, well, help run your shop.
Make a living for yourself in a tongue-in-cheek fantasy worldFEATURES
- Make a living for yourself in a tongue-in-cheek fantasy world
- Manage your own Shoppe, from ordering stock to setting prices
- Design your own Shoppe layout by ordering tables, shelves and weapon racks
- The world of Shoppe Keep reacts to your every Shoppe decision, including prices and stock quality
- Unlock new abilities and perks in the skill menu, including alchemy, harvesting, and the capability to own a grinder and a high tier stock. We’ll let you decide what to do with the grinder
- Use the ‘Helper Bots’ to collect items thrown down in disgust by customers, zap Thieves and restock items
- Create a Champion, select its class and send them out on grand adventures
- Arm yourself with a sword and magic spells to defend your Shoppe from cheeky Thieves and destructive Barbarians
- Maintain your Shoppe by using the hammer to repair furniture and the broom to sweep away dirt, as well as the occasional corpse
- The world cycles through 4 seasons, each featuring a most wanted item. Frost Resists potions sell best in Winter, for example.
When a brilliant particle physicist dies unexpectedly, the race is on to secure his terrible new technology before it falls into the wrong hands. The lives of four playable characters become entangled as they fight against the clock to find the dead scientist’s secret vault.
The suspicions they harbor, the memories they guard, the connections they share - all will converge as these four ordinary people work together to prevent a potentially cataclysmic disaster.Key Features:
- Voiceover work featuring fan-favorite Logan Cunningham (Bastion)
- Four simultaneously playable characters
- A twisting, riveting storyline influenced by player decisions
- Long and short term memory system - ask anybody about anything in the game!
- Over ten hours of gameplay!
15. Final Exam
Jump into the frenzied action and the whacky humor of a pure 2.5D side-scroller!
While they were going to their old high school for what was supposed to be the party of their life, four long-time friends end up in a ghost town full of monstrous creatures.
Alone or in cooperative mode (4 players online and 2 in local play), survive hordes of monsters ready to skin you alive and achieve unique and varied objectives throughout huge and non-linear levels. Choose your character, knock out high-scores and thoroughly explore each stage to gain experience and reach higher levels. Find new weapons, improve your skills, unlock new special moves and devastating powers… and achieve increasingly impressive combos to outdo your friends' high-scores.
You got caught smuggling VHS tapes across the border, and now there's hell to pay. You want to find an elusive rare bird in the forest and snap its picture. You have to kill a man in the back room of a shady diner.
This is Paratopic, an experimental first-person horror game, one of the best-rated horror titles on itch, and one of Rock, Paper, Shotgun's best games of 2018.
- A narrative, horror tinged adventure game that takes you on a journey through a cruel fever dream world.
- Cutting between numerous detailed and varied vignettes, unravel how the stories of three separate characters intersect.
- Explore the detritus of forbidden industry, kill, drive through the night, find yourself in conversation with some very off-kilter individuals.
- A leisurely playthrough should take forty five minutes give or take, with plenty more to discover in the detailed, grimey low polygon environments. Or speedrun it, if you'd prefer.
- Over an hour of gorgeous dark ambient music is used to create our subtly dynamic soundscape. An anachronistic blend of modern and outdated production as glitches and textural pads meet synthesis & sampling akin to a haunted recollection of 90s Unreal Engine soundtracks.
17. SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell
SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell is the world’s only competitive heavy metal first-person platformer.
Slice every last millisecond as you race and blast your way through deadly arenas. Teleport, jump, fly, bounce and drop in a hundred merciless and fast paced maps for the ultimate prize: Your soul!
Marty was having a late morning breakfast and minding his own business. The demon knocking on the door wasn’t part of his morning routine. Before Marty was able to open, the hell breed smashed in the doors. A fierce brawl commenced and Marty lost his right arm – but at least the demon also lost his head. Unfortunately, whilst the brawl erupted more demons entered his garage and stole his last batch of limited edition Walrus Ale (tm). Now Marty has become furious! He ripped off the demon’s arm and did some DIY to re-attach his arm back to himself. This demon is no looker but gee it casts some nasty fireballs. Marty’s (after)life now has a single purpose: Go to hell and get his beer back! \m/
Like a bastard child of Quake 3 and Super Meat Boy, SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell is truly hardcore and focuses on speed and fast reaction. Race and jump over platforms and bounce pads and shoot fireballs to reach an exit portal in the minimal amount of time. Reverse time and gravity. Compete with all players for the top time in the online high scores. Only the toughest players will receive the Uber Skull medals!
If mind blowing speed and pumping adrenaline through your body is too boring, then search for the beer cans deeply hidden in each level. Who knows which secrets can be discovered by finding all of these delicious refreshments?Features
- Can’t get much more old school than this!
- 100 levels, each more devilish than the last, with secrets around every corner.
- Shoot fireballs, reverse gravity, teleport and dodge obstacles to solve challenges.
- Leaderboards in each level so you can see how you fare against your friends (and enemies).
- An original soundtrack that'll make you rampage through the levels with blazing speed.
- Level editor
Warning: SEUM has been known to cause leaning disease. Symptoms are irrational leaning forward towards your screen when making difficult jumps. Smashing monitors with your head is not a way to beat the game!
18. Spoiler Alert
Spoiler Alert is a video game that tests your platforming skills… in reverse. It’s a comedy platformer that you play backwards.
When you pick this game up, it has already been beaten. The big bad boss is defeated, the coins are collected and the princess has been rescued. Why, oh why?
Unraveling this mystery takes you through the entire game, from the last level to the first. You must uncollect the coins, revive the enemies and avoid nasty time paradoxes. In other words, you must uncomplete the game by playing it backwards.
Everything in this game is so familiar, yet so different and new. You have played it a thousand times before, and at the same time, you have never tried anything like it.
- 100 Levels in 4 worlds
- SpeedRuner Mode
- Start playing at the end and make your way back
- Classic platformer gameplay mashed with simple controls
- Beautiful handdrawn graphics
- Original soundtrack by Roland La Goy
- Epic boss fights, upgrades and many different and unique enemies
- Level editor with Steam Workshop
- The original soundtrack, including a new bonus track and deleted tracks
- The original Game Jam version of Spoiler Alert - see how it all began
- Exclusive hi-res desktop art and concept art
- Screensavers, deleted graphics, and more!
19. Slayaway Camp: Butcher's Cut
A killer puzzle game where you control Skullface, a psychotic slasher hell-bent on revenge. Slide this adorably demented murderer around hundreds of isometric puzzle levels to squash, flay, and decapitate hapless victims in this darkly comic homage to 80s horror movies.
Experience a new dimension of gut-churning terror as an unspeakable force of skull-faced killing maims and murders his way through smart-mouthed, over-sexed, substance-abusing young adults. No teenager is safe in the summer horror blockbuster smash hit of 1984.
This special console-only Butcher's Cut edition is the biggest and bloodiest version of Slayaway Camp EVER! More puzzles. More killers. More gore.
- 300+ Fiendish puzzle levels to massacre your way through
- 60+ Killers to cause comical carnage with
- 90+ Gorepacks with delightfully OTT kill scenes to shock and entertain
- Intense finger action! Play using touchscreen controls in handheld mode
- Starring Mark Meer (Cdr. Shepard from Mass Effect) as "Skullface" and Derek Mears (Jason from Friday the 13th) as "Jessica"
20. Tokyo Xanadu eX+
Tokyo Xanadu eX+; a massive action RPG from the masters of the genre, Nihon Falcom! When high school student Kou Tokisaka encounters the nightmare realm known as the Eclipse, his world is forever changed.
In this definitive version of Tokyo Xanadu, experience the game in 60 FPS along with new scenarios, new playable characters, new modes and more!
40+ hours of Action RPG gameplay!
Quest through Morimiya City and battle hordes of nightmarish monsters!
Explore a Brave New World
Talk to characters, build relationships and forge alliances as you navigate the expansive cityscape of Morimiya City. Upgrade your equipment, play mini games and train in dungeons!
Enjoy unique tales of the Wielders that weren’t depicted in the main story. Once you’ve completed the game, get access to an all new quest and carry on the adventure!
New Playable Characters, New Monsters, Dungeons and Bosses!
Play as the mysterious knight, White Shroud. Brandish unrivaled strength and the powers of light to take down vile monsters and vicious bosses! Plus, new dungeons filled with fierce new monster types and giant bosses to battle!
New Modes: “Time Attack” and “Boss Rush”
In Time Attack, defeat various bosses that appear in the main story as quickly as possible. In Boss Rush mode, you can battle each boss one after the other.
21. Blacksad: Under the Skin
A dark corruption scandal in the heart of the New York City's underworld for charismatic detective John Blacksad!
The 50s, New York City: Joe Dunn, owner of a boxing club, is found dead.
Meanwhile, rising star Bobby Yale, due to take to the ring for the most important fight of his career, has mysteriously disappeared.
Sonia Dunn, Joe’s daughter, takes over the gym and must deal with its financial woes. She hires private detective John Blacksad to investigate Yale’s disappearance. This sinister case will take our investigator to the darkest, most dismal depths of New York.
With its anthropomorphic characters and its incredible 1950s feel, BLACKSAD: Under the Skin promises all the eerily dark adventure of a detective novel, just like the eponymous comic book series.
Conduct the investigation in your own way. Make use of your feline senses as you hunt for new clues. Make decisions on behalf of Blacksad and influence the outcome of the case.
Categories in common with Blacksad: Under the Skin: Adventure
BEDLAM - THE GENRE JUMPING SHOOTER
Bedlam is a unique FPS game based on a novel of the same name by cult Scottish author Christopher Brookmyre.
Pitched as a shooter for those who survived online gaming in the 80s and 90s, Bedlam takes a look through an iconic time in online gaming and serves up some authentic gaming nostalgia with up-to-date graphics and gaming features. Bedlam is set entirely in the first-person but will explore other game genres from a first-person perspective.
In the game you play Heather Quinn (aka Athena) a colleague of Ross Baker (aka Bedlam). Heather is an overworked and underpaid scientist developing medical technology for corporate giant Neurosphere. One rainy Monday morning Heather volunteers as a test candidate for the new Neurosphere brain scanning tech - anything to get out of the office for a few hours.
But when she gets out of the scanner she discovers she's not only escaped the office, but possibly escaped real life for good! Heather finds herself trapped in Starfire - the violent sci-fi game she spent her teenage years playing - with no explanation, no backup and, most terrifyingly, no way out!
Join us in Early Access and get ready to unleash BEDLAM.
The description below was written by Christopher Brookmyre for the release of the novel in 2013
Heaven is a prison. Hell is a playground.
Would it be your ultimate fantasy to enter the world of a video game?
A realm where you don’t have to go to work or worry about your health; where you can look like a hero or a goddess; where you can fly space-ships, slay dragons, visit any period in history, any realm in fiction, yet all of it feels completely real. A realm where there are no consequences and no responsibilities, to the extent that even if you die, you can just respawn and start again.
Or would it be your worst nightmare?
Trapped in a place where every demon ever conjured by the human mind can be made flesh. Cut off from the real world, unable to see your family or friends ever again. Stuck in an endless state of war and chaos where the pain and fear feels real and from which not even death can offer an escape.
Prison or playground. Heaven or hell.
This is where you find out
Check out the first hands on preview of Bedlam by Rock, Paper, Shotgun: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/07/25/bedlam-game/
One of the first Bedlam play thru's by Jim Sterling of The Escapist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jutpej9ZcyM
And coverage about our female lead character Heather Quinn by BBC News: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-27695235
Our mission is clear, our determination strong, and our guns are very, very big. Terrible Posture Games, in partnership with Grip Digital, is proud to announce MOTHERGUNSHIP, a bullet-hell FPS hybrid for PC and consoles that pits you, Earth’s last hope, against the armadas of data-hoarding robotic alien invaders.
MOTHERGUNSHIP mixes bullet-hell intensity with the shooting, gun customization, and traversal of the first-person genre. Fight your way through the alien fleets, facing randomized enemy and level mayhem as you clear rooms and take out some of the biggest bosses seen in the FPS genre.
Face off against overwhelming odds in brutal, non-stop combat where thinking on your feet is the only way to survive. Dodge hundreds of bullets with unique FPS/Bullet-hell hybrid gameplay. Each ship hosts hordes of alien machines, deadly traps, and intimidating bosses, all set on preventing you from saving humanity. Go get ‘em.
To take down the MOTHERGUNSHIP, you’ll need your very own personalized arsenal of destruction. Luckily, in MOTHERGUNSHIP you can create the gun of your dreams with one of the most modular gun-crafting systems ever seen in a videogame. Want to have twelve-barrel gun that shoots homing rockets? Or do you prefer a lightning shotgun? And what gun wouldn’t look better with a fishtank afixed to the top? Go for it! The design of your destructive arsenal is in your hands.
Join the ranks of global resistance movement and take back Earth together with your friends. Fight together with a friend in a full CO-OP experience, or participate with the community while you work together to cut through the alien fleet and reach that ultimate goal – bringing down the MOTHERGUNSHIP.
Categories in common with Mothergunship: Action
24. Modern Combat Versus
BECOME AN AGENT OF CHAOS
Drop into a brand-new multiplayer first-person shooter featuring fun, action-packed gameplay. Choose your Agent, master your role, and dominate the battlefield with your team. From skilled attackers to supportive defenders and covert assassins, there's an Agent for every play style.
• Deploy into 4 vs. 4 multiplayer battles and fight to control a central zone.
• Play as 12 specialised Agents, each equipped with unique weapons and abilities!
• Battle across 5 distinct maps featuring close-quarters combat and long-range warfare.
• Get promoted to higher competitive leagues and earn prestigious rewards.
• Experience immersive graphics featuring stunning visuals and effects.
• New Agents, game modes, and maps are coming soon!
Introducing the arcade shooter - Wrack! Combo your way to victory in this addictive single-player adventure. Slaughter countless enemies as you build up long kill chains, and wipe them out with powerful chain finishers. Plus, with Steam Workshop and extras like Time Attack, the action never has to end!Key Features
- Combos and Chains - Be a badass! Take monsters down by the dozen, and rack up addictive fighting game-style kill chains and kill combos!
- Finishers - Use your kill chains to unleash devastating chain finishers! Use them to wipe out groups of enemies, take down powerful enemies... or even bosses!
- Mega Man-style Bosses - Battle bosses (and minibosses!) inspired by games like Castlevania and Mega Man! Learn how to evade their attacks, and then take them down!
- Extra Modes - Compete against yourself, your friends, and the world in Wrack's Time Attack and Score Attack modes! Your best entries are saved to the Steam leaderboards.
- Steam Workshop - Create your own levels or fully-fledged mods! Share or play the creations of others using Steam Workshop.
- "It reminds me of first-person Mega Man." -- Keiji Inafune
- "One of those better than it has any right to be experiences." -- Jim Sterling
- "Wrack is great!" -- John Romero
- "I think they're developing a really nice game here." -- TotalBiscuit
26. Tank Universal
Tank Universal creates a huge virtual 'Tron-like' world where you take part in immense 3D tank battles involving scores of units both friendly and not so friendly in wide open levels!
Players can bombard the enemy from a distance or close the gap and dodge shells point blank - all in an immersive first person perspective.
- 20 levels of highly addictive and intense tank battles
- Some missions require you to leave the safety of your tank and explore the world on foot
- Ability to upgrade weapons and tank equipment
- Fight alongside allies against highly intelligent and numerous enemies
- Spectacular looking virtual world and eye-popping particle effects
- Take the battle in any direction with wide open levels allowing freedom of play
- Intriguing storyline switching between the 'real world' and the digital virtual world
- Enhanced resolutions, including widescreen support up to 1680x1050
- Unlock over 25 achievements, including Roadkill, Sheep Master and the all important; Saviour of the Resistance
27. Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure is a fantastic Action-RPG from leading Japanese developer Falcom (Developers of “Ys” and “Zwei” among other classics) featuring real-time combat, stunning 3D graphics, tons of fully voiced characters and mini-games , 90+ items, multiple endings, a rocking soundtrack, 35+ hours of playtime, and more.
Originally released outside Japan on Sony’s PSP®, Mastiff is proud to bring a fully localized and updated version of Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure to Windows and to offer it through Steam with a full set of Steam specific features including Achievements, Trading Cards, Big Picture and Cloud Save.
Gurumin stars Parin, a strong-willed girl sent to live with her grandfather in a small mining town. Parin soon discovers an invisible monster village hidden behind her home. She is quickly drawn into a fight between the village’s friendly monster residents and the Phantoms, evil monsters that want to destroy them. Learning of a weapon hidden underneath the village that she alone is fit to wield, Parin embarks on a quest to stop the Phantoms and make the world right.
Play From Your Couch
- 30 stages of non-linear game play
- 23 non-player characters, 48 unique enemies, and more than 90 items to collect
- Brilliantly diabolical dungeons, traps, puzzles and boss encounters
- Mini-games galore!
- 5 difficulty levels
- Hidden characters, modes, and other secrets
- Supports Windows XP, 7 and 8 at high resolution (up to 1920x1080) and with modern Anti-aliasing (up to 8X MSAA)
- Full Steam support including: Achievements, Steam Cloud, Big Picture mode, and...
- Beautiful Steam Trading Cards
An All Star Cast
- Amber Hood as Parin
- Tara Strong – Cream/Mosby
- Justin Shenkarow as Puku/Prince
- Dee (Bradley) Baker as Rocko/Digby
- Robin Atkin Downes – Pierre/Doug
- Michael Gough – Hyperbolic/Giga
- Steve Blum – Motoro/Bob
- Quinton Flynn – Roger/Poco
Dream is an exploration game that takes place within the subconscious mind of Howard Phillips, a young man whose waking hours are tedious and dull, but whose dreams are lucid and powerful. Adventure through these abstract worlds, solve their challenges and discover their secrets in search of the key to Howard’s future.
The different worlds that make up Howard’s dreams can be strange, beautiful or even chilling. They’re filled with puzzles, collectibles and surprises. Snow-covered deserts, endless twisted stairways, haunting nightmares and much more await you.
With non-linear narrative and gameplay you can explore at will and see the story progress according to your choices. Multiple possible endings mean the decisions you make and the dreams you experience will influence how Howard’s future plays out.
The worlds of Howard’s dreams are accompanied by an enchanting original soundtrack from composer Norman Legies. The Dream OST is available to purchase along with the game.
Dream was created by HyperSloth, a team of three students from the University of Huddersfield whose mission is to create unique games suitable for a wide audience and to a high standard. Dream is their first major release.
29. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows takes you back to how it all began. Be the four Turtles Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael in the fight to save New York City from mutants, the Foot and Shredder. With seamless co-op, along with team combo moves and relentless combat, this is the game fans have been waiting for.
- Turtle Power! Switch between all 4 Turtles anytime!
- 4 Dynamic Modes: Campaign, Arcade Mode, Challenge Mode and Dojo Training.
- Multiplayer: Seamless 4-player Co-Op Online Multiplayer to allow you to truly play as TMNT!
- Team TMNT: Engaging group-based combat system with synchronized combo attacks.
- BONUS Original Red Bandana Code! Enter this code to unlock all four red bandanas from the original TMNT comic books! ALT+yabbayabba
Categories in common with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows: Action
30. Anima: Gate of memories
Anima: Gate of Memories is a third person action RPG that tells the story of two beings bound by an unwilling pact, a legendary monster and a girl who lost her past...
Forced to stay together, their existences will take an unexpected turn they discover that both have been involved in something sinister, a war in the shadows in which they will have an involuntary leading role.
Gate of Memories features a unique Dual System that allows you to control two different characters and interchange them dynamically in the middle of any action to create countless combinations.
• A deep story. Your choices and actions will influence the journey and decide the destiny of the characters.
• A combat system which combines RPG elements with fast paced action.
Additional hardware required for Remote Play.
15MB minimum save size
Software subject to license (us.playstation.com/softwarelicense). Online activity subject to Terms of Services and User Agreement (www.playstationnetwork.com/terms-of-service). One-time license fee for play on account’s designated primary PS4™ system and other PS4™ systems when signed in with that account.
Anima: Gate of Memories ©2016 Anima Project Carlos B. Garcia. Published by Badland Games.
Developed by Anima Project. All rights reserved.
Inspired by the first-person shooters of the past that we loved, we're taking all the most memorable elements and putting them in a toolkit to be used and combined however you want. At its heart, Gunscape is an FPS construction kit. It's a game that lets you go wild with your creativity in a pumping action sandbox! Gunscape does this by providing easy-to-use tools based on a block-placement interface everybody's already familiar with to create single-player campaigns, co-op maps and multiplayer arenas and the functionality to share your creations with your friends. Don't like building stuff and just want to blast your way through hordes of monsters or duel with other players? Maps can also be shared, played and voted on by the whole world, so you'll always have new levels at your fingertips!Standard Edition
Get access to all main game themes with the Standard Edition of Gunscape! It includes blocks, props, enemies, avatars and weapons from the Bathyscape, Bierenstein, Final Fortress, Electro, Relay, Too Rockin’, Siegecraft, Orifice and Tremor.Gold Edition
Get access to all current and future game content with the Gold Edition of Gunscape! Initially it includes blocks, props, enemies, avatars and weapons from the Standard Edition plus the Seasonal, Alienware and Gold theme packs. Also receive the Gunscape Original Sound Track DLC! The first extra DLC will be the Seismic pack, coming in Q2 2016 and this will be available free of charge to Gold Edition purchasers.World Building
The game is organised into themes taken from the entire genre of FPS games, from the early classics to the modern triple-A stealth and war shooters. Each theme set contains unique world building blocks, player models, enemies (and bosses!), music tracks, skyboxes, special level elements (like traps and teleporters) and--of course--GUNS (plus bombs, bats, swords, flamethrowers, chainsaws, rocket launchers and much, much more. 38 weapons planned so far!). Assets from different sets are meant to be combined freely when building your worlds and the selection of content contained in each one has been carefully selected and planned out to avoid redundancy and to represent the truly iconic parts of the game it was inspired by.
It's important to us that anybody should be able to create their own levels. In the days of Doom and Build engine games level editors were simple enough that it didn't take long to learn how to create a whole new adventure for the player. The truly skilled could create impressive feats of architecture, but the rest of us could still create enjoyable challenges thanks to tightly-designed game engines that focused on making the core gameplay pure fun. In a game like that it doesn't matter how many times you test and tweak the layout to make your map the best it can be, or how abstract the level becomes as a result. This is the driving philosophy behind Gunscape. It's also the reason we've chosen to start by polishing the multiplayer experience in the pre-alpha demo, as we feel this is one of the best ways to develop and tweak the core gameplay.World Sharing
Of course, there's no point in creating great play experiences if nobody else gets to play them! Gunscape has a server to share your creations and the game has a built in map browser with filtering and voting system, so that anybody can have full access to every public player-created level, regardless of which theme packs were used to make them. The available demo (more on this later) has game levels we have put together and we'll continue to add more as we complete new content to help show how much potential there is for you to create some truly amazing things with Gunscape!Game Features
- Solo, split-screen and online co-operative multiplayer level creation! Build maps at your own pace or invite friends to help out! Jump in and out of action mode while editing to test your level on the fly or just to blast one another.
- Single-player campaign mode: play or create a sequence or branching tree of levels with or without a story. Build a whole self-contained adventure or a gauntlet of fearsome challenges.
- Co-op mode: invite one or more friends to tackle a dedicated co-op map with you or take a single-player map and crank up the difficulty.
- Multiplayer arenas: build a map with multiple spawn points and powerups and invite your friends or host a public game for some brutal online action using one of many multiplayer modes, including classics such as free-for-all and team deathmatch, capture the flag variants, king of the hill and domination/point capture modes and different tag/infection variants. We plan on including a lot of these, and to continue adding more, including flexible objectives like race to the finish which could be used to build multiplayer rocket jump courses or other types of challenge maps such as a competitive adventure through trap-filled dungeons, or hunter which awards points for killing monsters so you can create your own MP dinosaur safari.
- Cross-platform multiplayer: optional where it counts, but great to have for cross-platform co-op!
- Global and persistent map sharing: anyone can play the levels you share regardless of platform
- 8 multiplayer match modes
32. Asterix & Obelix XXL 2
By Toutatis! The indomitable Gauls are back with a new video game!
More than 10 years following their last appearance on games consoles and PC, Asterix and Obelix are back and in better shape than ever! Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 is a superb blend of action and adventure for all ages, with a winning combination of comedy and brawling.
But where has Getafix gone? The long-bearded druid has disappeared after betraying his own people for Julius Caesar! The Gaulish village is in uproar! They must find out the truth! Always ready for a fight, Asterix and Obelix are sent to Rome on a mission by their chief Vitalstatistix. There, they find a new amusement park - Las Vegum - built by the famous Roman emperor. To what end? What is Getafix hiding?play As Asterix and Obelix
Explore Las Vegum with the inseparable Asterix and Obelix, not to forget their faithful companion Dogmatix, who will be no small help in facing the Roman legionaries. And he will not be your only ally, as the unrivalled magic potion remains your number-one weapon against the Romans!
Switch between the shrewd Asterix and the superhumanly strong Obelix to take on the hordes of Romans, solve puzzles and overcome the many challenges that lie in wait!a Unique and Immersive Adventure
Discover the huge amusement park Las Vegum, never before seen in the franchise! Our two happy adventurers make their way through this richly detailed and colorful world, which remains faithful to the iconic series of comics created by Goscinny and Uderzo. Playing Asterix and Obelix is an experience that is truly worth a trip all the way back to 50 BC!a Game For All Ages
Whether you're a diehard fan of the Gaulish tribe or have just discovered their adventures, Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 is an accessible game that's enormously fun to play. You can also enjoy the many references to be discovered. It's hard to not to love the game's endearing characters and environments. There are special bonuses to be found and a new difficulty mode for the more experienced players.an Updated Version
Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 brings the experience of the original game to an unparalleled level. The enhanced graphics pay tribute to the comic books and the gameplay has been totally redesigned to make fighting the Romans even more fun! It also features a new system to improve your attacks and the ability to set yourself special challenges!
33. Groove Coaster
Rhythm Game x Roller Coaster!Riding the rhythmic rails of success from smart phone, into the arcades, now GROOVE COASTER arrives at full Steam!
Staying true to its core concept of simplicity of play + exhilarating experience, the Steam version is better than ever, with 36 original tracks included from various game music composers and more on the way.
Get ready to ride a roller coaster of sound and light through a universe of music!Key Features
- Thrill to a full 360 degree roller coaster ride.
- Intuitive controls: just time your input to the beat (keyboard & controller compatible).
- Play your way! Simple, single-handed "Casual” mode or two-handed groove-synced play in "Arcade" mode.
- Choose from 3 aspect ratios for landscape displays: 16:9, 4:3 and 1:1.
- Get the full-screen, full-on arcade experience with a vertical display!
- Select up to 10 of your favorite songs and play in non-stop mode!
- Full support for Steam controllers!
Use your PlayStation4, Xbox and other popular controllers too.
> Check the guide here.
- Mix and match between 26 avatars and 6 items to find your own style!
ADRENA / C-Show
Analysis Division / Masayoshi Minoshima
Black MInD / COSIO (ZUNTATA)
Bright Lights / aran
DX Choseinou Full Metal Shojo / IOSYS TRAX (uno with.Chiyoko)
Five to Seven / Sampling Masters AYA
Future Coaster / Sakuzyo
Got more raves? / E.G.G.
Groove Revolver / Xeami
Horizons / M-Project
Lethal Dose / sky_delta
LINK LINK FEVER!!! / LINKA (CV: Moe Toyota)
MAD FREAKS / DJ Myosuke
MERLIN / REDALiCE
MIRACLE PARTY / DJ Genki
Music Plot Type Three / COSIO (ZUNTATA)
No Way Out / ARM (IOSYS)
OMAKENO Stroke / t+pazolite
Period of Revolution / COSIO (ZUNTATA)
Play merrily NEO / Shohei Tsuchiya (ZUNTATA) feat. Aimee B
Scarlet Lance / MASAKI (ZUNTATA)
Seizya no Kodo / Xeami
Shiva / Massive New Krew
Sign of "10.5km" / Yasuhisa Watanabe
SKYSCRAPER / Dr. ARM (IOSYS)
Smash a mirror / Shohei Tsuchiya (ZUNTATA) feat. SATOMI
Solar Storm / xi
STAR COASTER / D.watt (IOSYS)
Stardust Vox / DJ Laugh a.k.a. uno (IOSYS)
Thrash Beat / COSIO (ZUNTATA)
tiny tales continue / Chroma
TRIPLE3T / SATO（SANODG & KATO [noisycroak]）
Under The Moon / void (Mournfinale)
VEGAS / SATO（SANODG & KATO [noisycroak]）
Wacky dance ethnic / Sampling Masters MEGA
Warrior / CrankyNew tracks on the way!!New tracks will be released monthly as DLC so keep your eyes (and ears) open!
34. Knee Deep
When a washed-up actor hangs himself on location, a spotlight is cast on the backwater Florida town of Cypress Knee. Your screen becomes a stage on which you investigate this mysterious suicide as three distinct characters: cheeky blogger Romana Teague, down-and-out local reporter Jack Bellet, and cynical private investigator K.C. Gaddis.
Experience a magical reality where characters are transported among scenes, set pieces moved into place, and music wafts from the orchestra pit. Knee Deep is about characters, storytelling, and the melodrama of swampland Florida.
- Uncover a swampland conspiracy—Use your skills of observation, deduction, and cleverness to pull back the curtain and reveal the true story behind this backwater community.
- Dynamic storytelling spotlights choice and consequence—Engage in realistic conversations that evolve based on your choices, but beware as critical decisions could lead to a breakthrough...or someone getting hurt.
- Gaming goes to the theater—Vivid voice acting, imaginative set transitions, and melodrama specifically designed for the digital stage
- A swamp noir adventure in three acts—enjoy the entire season with all three acts available now!
- NEW - Step even closer to the peformance with Tobii EyeX integration! Affect lighting on actors, have them turn to acknowledge your presence, and affect menus and minigames all with the effortless movement of your eyes. Requires Tobii EyeX hardware.
- NEW - Take the best seat in the house with Knee Deep now supported in VR on Vive and Oculus! Existing users will have immediate access to VR content and new customers will receive both the original and VR versions of the game.
35. Still Not Dead
Still Not Dead is DOOM + NUCLEAR THRONE
Shoot everything that moves with super slick and satisfying gunplay in order to unlock the exits before death arrives to chase you out of the stage. Collect money to buy more than 30+ randomly spawning items and weapons. Pick a blessing or curse before moving onto the next procedurally generated stage, which drastically changes how each run plays out. Each stages becomes more bloody and brutal as you progress so make good use of your time before death comes for you. The game combines satisfying gunplay with open environments and tactical semi-random gameplay with a lot of choice as you manage your weapons, items, money, health, stamina, stage time, monsters, blessings, curses..etc
- 30+ unique weapons and items
- 40+ blessings and curses that change how you approach each run
- Fully destructible environments, dynamic fire and weather system
- Massive hordes of monsters in an open sandbox world
- 'Pick up n play' gameplay, gets you right into the game
- Hand drawn pixel-art and original soundtrack
A DEV THAT CARES:
- Check the discussion boards, I read them and respond
- I have over 10 years experience making games such as: Use Boxmen, SkullFace, Tony Eagle..etc (which you can play online, some of which have won awards)
- I respond to every review and video I can find
- I frequently update the game during early access
36. Bokida - Heartfelt Reunion
Bokida - Heartfelt Reunion takes place on a dormant, seemingly monochromatic world of light that gradually reveals its beauty. Experience freedom while exploring an intriguing environment. Journey, using your abilities to reunite two planets who were separated a long time ago.Features
- Explore a stark environment rich with the potential for playfulness
- Change the world around you, building and altering massive structures
- Solve puzzles to radically transform the landscape
- Relax and enjoy the experience of an intriguing world rich with mysteries
Bokida's setting is defined by two worlds: the vast and open light world which invites exploration; and the dark world, home to another realm of mystery. These two gigantic entities have been separated for a very long time, but this is about to change.
Like two lovers longing to reunite after having been kept apart for far too long, these two worlds finally have a chance to be as one again.
Be the messenger. Awaken the light world, guide the dark world, and help reset the equilibrium that has kept the lovers apart.
At the core of the experience rests a powerful tool. Create colorful structures with the abilities it grants, cut and sculpt them with precision and clear away cut-off fragments. Express your creativity and navigate the massive, open world however they you wish.
Exploration revolves around the playful manipulation of this tool to engage with and harness the virtual environment. Bring life to the canvas of the computer screen by adding your touches of color. The initially dormant game world is transformed and turns into a place of beauty. Discover majestic landscapes to roam and dive into another reality...
37. Assault Spy
The self-proclaimed elite corporate spy Asaru and his deadweight partner Kanoko are hired for a new job in a dreary world dominated by corporations. Their mission? Infiltrate the mega corporation, Negabot. Dash, evade, and smash your way to the truth in this fast paced action game. No secret is safe from THIS bombastic spy duo!
Stylish Spy Action Comedy
Blast through an army of security robots and save a company that was taken over by terrorists!
High Speed Dash Combat
Dodge bullets with a dash, and finish off enemies with fancy combo moves!
Defeating enemies unlocks new moves, which can be used to chain together insane combos with stylish finishing moves!
One Story with Two Sides
Play through the game as the professional, yet hapless spy, Asaru; or the rowdy and reckless CIA agent, Amelia! Each character has a unique playstyle, and a story that intertwines with each other! Story Asaru:
Asaru Vito is a self-proclaimed elite company spy.
However, because he always ends up paired with the clumsy Kanoko Yotsuba, most of his missions are failures. His performance hit rock bottom…
Just when things couldn’t get any worse, he was assigned to spy on the global mega corporation, Negabot. Even with the worst partner ever, he now has to work at a major company, so the worst has yet to begin for Asaru!
The company has been taken over by terrorists!?
OK, let me take a swing at them!!!
38. Wild Guns Reloaded
Wild Guns Reloaded is a fast-paced arcade-style shooter, mixing the Wild West with steampunk. Play as Clint, Annie, Doris, or Bullet the dog with his sentry drone. Grab some friends and play together for some four player action! Each character can jump, dive, and roll to get out of the way of the barrage of bullets enemies let fly – or shoot them down with their own gun!
• Two new characters, each with their own weapons and tactics!
• Up to 4 players and Online Rankings!
• Classic and NEW Stages!
• NEW Boss Enemies and Special Weapons!
Categories in common with Wild Guns Reloaded: Action
39. 100ft Robot Golf
Never get your ball stuck behind a pesky tree or skyscraper ever again! 100ft Robot Golf is a fast-paced arcade golf game where you get to control impossibly large robots on their quest for par. Just swing your golf club to smash even the tallest buildings out of the way - or into the way of your robot golfing buddies.
Up to four players can hit the greens, cities, mountains and orbiting moons that comprise the Robot Golf Tour Circuit. Either split-screen or online, budding robot golf pilots can play frantic real-time golf, classic turn based action, or even custom rulesets crafted for your own custom Robot Golf round!
Looking for something solo? 100ft Robot Golf's unique campaign mode reveals the real stories and experiences of today's robot golf pilots. Experience the excitement, romance, and thrills of controlling one hundred feet of raw golfing power through some of the cheapest '90s-inspired mecha animation ever committed to screen.
- It's 100 foot robots playing golf.
- Play with up to four robot golfers, either split screen or online, in real time.
- Fully voiced in-game commentary from "My Brother, My Brother and Me" hosts Justin McElroy, Travis McElroy, and Griffin McElroy.
- Destroy any obstacle to clear a path to par - or hinder your opponents shot.
- Unique solo campaign mode tells the excitement, love, and intrigue of the Pro Robot Golf circuit through '90s-style budget cutscenes.
- Play in cities, on the moon, under the ocean, and more!
40. Fallen: A2P Protocol
In a World saved and destroyed by a new energy source, a quest for revenge will unveil the deepest secret on how it all began to fall apart.
- Deep turn based tactical combat: Old school Action Points system, Looting within missions, melee combat and dozens of weapons to choose from and more.
- Limited ammo and resources: Make every round count and think twice before your shooting spread.
- Destroyable environment: Destroy cover, walls, cars, graves, barrels and more and make your own paths, or why not kill an enemy that was passing by.
- Rich story and dialogues: Linear story with voice over actors. Complete the Main Quests to finish the Story or do some side missions in between, your choice.
- RPG Character progression and skills:: Customize your characters with 20 active and passive skills to choose from, master each weapon type by using it.
- Adapt to changing events and weather conditions: Adapt to different weather conditions on the battlefield and overcome the penalties to win the mission.
41. Zoop! - Hunter's Grimm
Hunter's Grimm is a spooky adventure about hunting down ghosts, monsters, and demons.
Embark on a 10 hour adventure as demon-hunters Nicholas and Sarai Grimm(brother and sister) fighting the evils of the world, for a price.
For Sarai and Nicholas, life is simple: search for monsters, kill the monsters, accept the award, and get frosty chocolate milkshakes and boring old research books for all.
But one night, one favor to a friend has set them on a path neither would have expected.
An attempt at a selfless act has them branded outlaws, hunted by an old rival, and left them trying to understand what is happening. What awaits them is the beginning of an adventure neither of them are prepared for.
Discover new lands, help those in need, and become the ultimate monster hunter.
- 695 Achievements
Achievement icons provided for free by EmojiOne.com
42. Super ComboMan: Smash Edition
Crispy Combo Action
Enter a new action hero. An energetic islander with a funked up mullet nugget, wearer of loud Hawaiian shirts, eater of chocolate chip cookies, and owner of a talking fanny pack (yeah, a talking fanny pack). His name is Struggles, and he’s the working class hero with an 'All You Can' attitude, a spinning pile driver, and fireball moves to match.
Help Struggles battle an army of baddies and mega bosses from a giant construction organization called DoDoCo. Traverse through vibrant levels, unlock powerful moves inspired by classic 2D fighter games and punch your co-workers through brick walls in order to collect a paycheck along the way. Help Struggles keep a roof over his and his brother's head in this action packed 2D adventure.
● 2D Fighting Game Inspired Action (you know you love it) – Smash, counter punch, and forward dash into classic 2D platform action and take down an army of DoDoCo thugs coming at you with fighting moves straight outta the classic 2D fighting games move list.
● Mega Manga Bosses & Talking Fanny Packs (the obvious bullet point) - Test your twitch gaming skills and take on big beefy bosses with the help of Struggles' trusted flopping side kick, Flappy, the talking fanny pack. Struggles never leaves home without him.
● Unlock & Unleash - Earn your keep by beating down the DoDoCo baddies, and spend your hard earned cash on unlocking new powerful fighting moves like the fire uppercut, air dash, and the ole stand-by dive kick.
● Go Combo Crazy - Rack up killer kombos and activate powerful perks you can unlock in the combo store.
● Perks - It's going to take more than a loud Hawaiian Shirt and a talking fanny pack to defeat your enemies. Activate powerful perks like Infinite Smash and Heal Parry to put the beat down on the enemy.
● 2D Sticker Art Style - Rad 2D sticker art style will make you want to rock your own fanny pack. (Not for the faint of heart.)
43. No Heroes Here
Rally your friends and hold your ground!
No Heroes Here is a frenetic co-op game where you have to melt ores, craft cannonballs, refine gunpowders, fire cannons, clean cannons, lit braziers, freeze water, hatch eggs and fry chickens to protect your castle and kingdom from imminent doom!!!
Once Upon a Time
The Nooblands was once the biggest Kingdom in the world, until an evil and mysterious mastermind made a sudden attack and a great loss was a fact. Desperately the king gathered all heroes to recover his lost lands. On every battle, the King brought with himself his three lucky charms: a silver medallion, teddy bear and his crown. The king’s army was unbeaten.
However, the king’s lucky charms were lost in the midst of a battle and without them, the king was insecure. Losing battle after battle, his armies were getting smaller and as a last stand he sends his last hero in a mission to recover his luck charms.
- Local and online multiplayer
- 54 different castles
- 3 different worlds with different mechanics
- 3 Big bad bosses
- 14 Stunningly HD pixels characters
- 1 Hero ghost
- 6 Challenges
- 2 Game modes
- 3 Special Bullets
- 12 unique enemies
44. BATTLECREW Space Pirates
JOIN THE CREW, RAID THE WORLDS
BATTLECREW™ Space Pirates is a fast-paced competitive multiplayer shooter that offers a really dynamic and nervous gameplay.
Choose your hero, call a few friends and join in on the fun!
Each character has unique abilities (attack, defense, and movement attributes) that not only change the entirety of your playstyle but also the way in which you navigate the maps! It's up to you to find the one that suits you best!
Create your own crew of pirates and lead your team into intense and epic battles! Steal as much of your ennemies' gold as you can in Gold Rush mode or turn them into space dust in classic Team Deathmatch mode!
Between battles, dock at Tortuga, a space station that has become the lair and meeting-place of the worst buccaneers in the galaxy! Find new team members or invite your friends to play, check the leaderboards, and take part in the ongoing community challenges…
BATTLECREW is more than just a shoot 'em up - it's alive! Players can unlock new content like environments, taunts, skins, emotes and game modes by winning regularly-updated community challenges!Features
- Fast and addictive gameplay designed for competition: in BATTLECREW, games are based on skill and cooperation with up to 8 players!
- Gold Rush 4vs4 mode in which you and your team have to collect as much gold as possible to win!
- Team Deathmatch 2vs2 mode in which you have to kill as many of the enemy pirates as you can to claim victory!
- 4 character classes, each with entirely different playing style! A richly-colored cast of cool and charismatic pirates!
- Pirate Bounties & Pirate Points: BATTLECREW regularly challenges the community! Earn Bounties Points and Pirate Points (XP) to unlock new content (maps, skins, taunts…)
- 18 unique maps already unlocked, 9 maps for the Gold Rush mode and 9 maps for the Team Deathmatch mode. More to unlock by the community through our Pirate Bounties system
- Tortuga, the game community’ hub, is where pirates can meet, chat, check the game statistics and leaderboard, customize their avatar, check the community challenges, and launch games.
- Crews (Unlimited version only) - Create your own squad of 4 players for the Gold Rush mode or 2 players for the team Deathmatch mode. When your crew is complete, you will enter your own Tortuga.
- Tutorials & Training mode Player vs. Bots – BATTLECREW’s fast-paced action can be daunting for newcomers, but that shouldn’t be a problem anymore thanks to a tutorial that introduces novice players to the core concepts of each character’s gameplay and skills.
- 20 unique Steam Achievements are now waiting to be unlocked!
- Steam Item Trading – BATTLECREW now supports the Steam Inventory and Trading systems, where players can trade 8 BATTLECREW cards.
Website : http://battlecrewgame.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/battlecrewgame
Twitter : https://twitter.com/BATTLECREWGame
YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/battlecrewgame
45. Vicious Attack Llama Apocalypse
This weeks The world's best mass llama-slaughter roguelike-lite-ish couch co-op twin-stick top-down shooter.
VALA is a frantic top-down shooter where you remotely pilot an endless supply of mechs from your ocean carrier offshore of the apocalypse, fighting through the llama hordes to take down The Llamanati.Features
- 1 to 4 player local couch-co-op
- A massive, changing city to explore
- Every playthrough is unique
- Campaign and endless modes
- Full controller and keyboard/mouse support
- Drop in/drop out gameplay
- Dozens of weapons to unlock
- A plethora of perks to unlock
- Persistent unlocks
- Hundreds of bad puns, narrated for your pleasure
- A fancy switch to turn off blood & gore
- Over 19 Steam achievements
- Steam Cloud
- Global leaderboards
46. Miner Wars 2081
You operate an advanced mining ship in a fully destructible and open-world environment, which remains persistent as you complete missions or play online with others. Realism and survival are key aspects of gameplay. Inventory and the way you use resources such as fuel, ammunition, oxygen, ore, and weapons are important when surrounded by dozens of warring factions.
The gameplay is driven by an epic story and offers a choice of single player, co-op, and death-match multi-player.
The story will introduce you to many types of missions: rescue, exploration, revenge, base defense, theft, transportation, stealth, search and destroy, pure harvesting, racing, or just flying around and destroying everything you see.Open-world Environment
- Fully destructible and persistent (dig through asteroids, destroy space stations ...)
- Seamless transition between outdoor and indoor environments
- Full Solar System traveling (billions of sectors)
- 6DOF - six degrees of freedom
- Skill-based game
- Fast adrenaline-pumping action
- Joystick Support
- Story campaign - 31 epic missions
- Mining and Exploration – Players are encouraged to explore and harvest
- Trading & Looting
- 50 weapons, armors, medicines, tools...
- 22 player ships
- RPG-like / Survival game-play
- Co-op up to 16 players
- Death-match up to 16 players
- Factions (Fourth Reich, Euro-American Confederation, China …)
- Devoted community which crowd-funded the development
- In-game editor and two free add-ons: Cheats and 2.5D Experiment
With the return to the world of Neo.
In this game you need to collect a flight on a stick.
With the mouse clicks, change the direction of rotation and compute to collect as many sticks as possible.
When you feel that you will become a professional, increase the speed or number of sticks.
Set highscores and compare them with friends.
Categories in common with NeoSticks: Indie
48. Albino Lullaby: Episode 1
Albino Lullaby is a horror adventure game that doesn't rely on jump scares or gore. A Lynchian psychological nightmare where you play as yourself. Escape from a dark and surreal Victorian town that clings to the precipices of underground cliffs. The gamespace dynamically twists and contorts around you in real time, as you unravel an equally twisted narrative. Discover the hidden spaces haunted by 'The Grandchildren' as you uncover clues to understanding just where and what you are. Albino Lullaby is set for initial release on the PC and will be fully VR compatible.
- The Next Gen of Adventure Games - Player driven pacing, no cutscenes.
- Transforming Gamespace - Mechanical mansion deconstructs around you.
- Environmental Storytelling - Deep background of characters and events, conveyed through the gamespace.
- Different Play Styles - Sneak or gung ho!
- Episodic Releases - Pay as you go or get a season pass.
- VR Ready - Built from ground up to play great on the Oculus Rift, Vive and Morpheus.
Gameplay Captured On
Wells is an action side-scrolling game with 3D graphics, its style is a direct reference to a classic subgenre of games that was popular in the 90's, the Run and Gun. Prepare yourself for facing hordes of enemies, explosions, gigantic bosses and a dangerous and fascinating journey into a steampunk universe.
Play as Wells, a steampunk hero ready to find an amazing variety of weapons, each unique in design and functionality, and get ready to face a plethora of enemies and challenges. Even though the ammo is unlimited, keep in mind that your gun can overheat and you'll have to wait for the cooldown to get back to action!
Fabric is a first person puzzle game in which you bend spacetime to solve challenging puzzles and complete glitchy-themed voxel-based levels.
Your goal is, basically, to reach the end of the level. To achieve this goal, you won’t need to collect numerous of items, won’t craft anything absurd or won’t try to persuade a chatty AI: In Fabric, you will change the shape of voxel-based levels and physics with your gun. This gun allows you to bend space, squeeze the world, separate tiles from each others and bring them together.
- 60 Unique Puzzles: Fabric challenges you to over 10 hours of gameplay with 60 unique and mind blowing levels.
- Bend the Environment: When you select two tiles with your gun, everything between them will disappear, and the world will squeeze according to these two tiles.
- Defy The Laws of Physics: Fabric is a platform puzzle, so you can change physic to bend level as you want. E.g. changing gravity upside down lets you to walk on upper floor.
- Mess With Your Brain: Puzzles are levels themselves. Bend the half of level vertically or horizontally, bring separate parts together and re-separate them to create a path which you can move on.
- And More: Electric cables, power fields, more glitches...
Categories in common with Fabric: Indie