The best games like Hammerwatch are:
- arrow_rightHotline Miami
- arrow_rightHotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
- arrow_rightGuacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
- arrow_rightEnter the Gungeon
- arrow_rightRisk of Rain
- arrow_rightThe Final Station
- arrow_rightMinecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series
100 Best Games Like Hammerwatch:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (26)
- PlayStation 4 (28)
- iOS (35)
- Android (24)
- macOS (97)
- Linux (67)
- Nintendo Switch (29)
- Nintendo 3DS (6)
- Nintendo DS (3)
- Nintendo DSi (1)
- Xbox 360 (9)
- PlayStation 3 (11)
- PlayStation (6)
- PS Vita (13)
- PSP (4)
- Wii U (12)
- Wii (4)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- Game Boy Color (1)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (4)
- NES (7)
- Classic Macintosh (1)
- Apple II (3)
- Commodore / Amiga (14)
- Atari 5200 (1)
- Atari 2600 (3)
- Atari Flashback (1)
- Atari 8-bit (2)
- Atari ST (5)
- Atari XEGS (1)
- SEGA Master System (1)
1. Hotline Miami
Several chapters of top-down shooter action, Hotline Miami is a violent game, where the player takes control of the unnamed man, that receives orders to clear out stages from bandits and mobsters, using every weapon he can get. Over the course of the game, the player will be able to collect the masks that provide buffs and abilities. Fluid and tight combat includes various melee and ranged weapons, that can be used as intended or just thrown at the enemy. Once Jacket, dubbed so for his distinct letterman jacket by fans, arrives at the mission, players will have to clear out every floor from the enemies, using rooms and doors for cover or ambushes. As the story moves on, Jackets mental health will visibly deteriorate, and he will be shown to suffer from hallucinations, which is in tone with acid 80’s theme.
2. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong number is a sequel to Hotline Miami.
- There is a Cold war between the Soviet Union and the USA, which gradually turns into a hot war. In Hawaii, there are military operations. In the centre of the event, the squad "Ghost Wolves", which includes Dan Smith named "Beard", Jacket (the main character of the first part), and two soldiers. The United States, for this moment, are losing. The squad was ordered to capture the most dangerous Soviet zone.
As for the gameplay, a lot of details are borrowed from the first part, but unlike it, in the Wrong Number, there were levels of difficulty (classic and hard). The difficulty level unlocks after beating the game on classic difficulty. The difference is that all the levels are turned over, and contain more dangerous opponents.
The game has 13 playable characters. Each of them has their vision of the story, like Jacket and Biker in the original game. Masks from the first part appeared in the game again, and new masks that are giving new abilities were also added.
3. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Guacamelee! is strongly inspired by colorful Mexican aesthetics and folklore. Your protagonist, Juan Aguacate, used to be a regular farmer until one day he found a magic mask of a Luchador, that is, a Mexican wrestler. His mission is to save El Presidente's daughter who was captured by evil Carlos Calaca. The villain wants her as a sacrifice to open the gates to the World of the Dead. In a cooperative mode, Juan is aided by female luchador Tostada.
Despite being a traditional Metroidvania platformer, Guacamelee! is also, surprisingly, an open-world game. You can go in any direction in this 2D world. For example, if you climb down, this counts as going south on the map. Action in Guacamelee! is inspired by fighting games like Mortal Kombat, and the controls are very responsive. The monsters are varied and very Mexican: they include traditional Dia de Los Muertos skeletons, feral armadillos, and evil cacti.
The Super Turbo Championship Edition adds several new features, such as Intenso mode that makes your characters way stronger for a short amount of time. Health bars above your opponents' heads are introduced. This edition also features new enemies, levels, and even a new boss in this edition.
4. Enter the Gungeon
Enter the Gungeon is a twin-stick roguelike shooter. The game takes place in a planet inhabited by living bullets. You play as one of six adventurers trying entering a considerable fortress to find a gun that can destroy one’s past.
The gameplay represents a mix of bullet-hell and dungeon crawler. You choose one of the characters and start descending the Gungeon. Every floor has several pre-made rooms with enemies and treasures procedurally-generated. The player can shoot guns, dodge, use items and make barricades of the tables. There are more than 300 hundred different guns and items in the game which can be acquired from shops, treasure chests and bosses.
The game is notable for its severe difficulty that comes from tough enemies, the vast amount of projectiles that can simultaneously be on the screen and from the fact that every time you die you have to starts the game from the beginning.
Hacknet is a computer hacking simulator. You take on the role of a user nicknamed Bit and need to investigate the death of the previous "Bit" that was probably involved in illegal activity. To get through the story, you search for the files on other computers that can help to reveal the truth about your predecessor.
Hacknet combines a graphical interface with a text-based console creating the impression of real hacking software. As a rule, every mission consists of connecting to another computer, breaking its protection system and getting special privileges and access to the database. You need to complete the mission before the speed countdown reaches zero. If you fail, you’ll have one more try to finish the level.
Hacknet is expanded with Hacknet Labyrinths DLC that adds two more chapters to the story, new hacking tools, and a fully new soundtrack. The game can also be modified by players.
6. Risk of Rain
Risk of Rain is an action platformer roguelite developed by Hopoo Games and published by Chucklefish in 2013. Hopoo Games was at the time composed of only two students from the University of Washington : game designer Paul Morse and artist and programmer Duncan Drummond.
The player is a survivor of the crash of the UES Contact Light transport space ship onto an unknown planet and must fight the hostile residents to find their way back. Over the course of a run, the player will gain experience levels and find a multitude of items to improve their abilities and eventually become immensely powerful. However, difficulty constantly increases with time and death is permanent. Through various achievements, they can unlock new items that will appear in future runs as well as 12 different playable characters. They can also learn more about the lore of the game through collectible logs regarding monsters and items.
While lesser known, Risk of Rain was one of the games that contributed to the launch of the roguelite trend between 2010 and 2015. It is notable for its unique gameplay mechanics such as item stacking and looping, its gratifying endgame, its approach to storytelling, its art direction and its soundtrack composed by Chris Christodoulou.
7. The Final Station
The Final Station is an action-adventure game developed by Do My Best Games.
It is 2059, 134 years after the First Visitation when UFOs crashed on Earth and began infecting humans creating zombies. With many countries destroyed, humankind was able to repel the attack at a large price. A united government is formed, migration to unaffected regions takes place. Life slowly comes back to normal. Railroads become the main transportation method, connecting the last remaining cities. The unnamed main character works as a train driver. After he finished the delivery of special cargo, the Second Visitation begins.
The Final Station is a two-dimensional pixelated game that focuses on survival and resource management. The main objective of The Conductor is to reach his home to protect his daughter. The players arrive at numerous stations on their journey to look for fuel, food, and ammunition. The survivors of the Visitation can also be found at the station and be taken with you on the train.
While the players travel to other stations, they can interact with the survivors they had picked up. They may request food, medicine or offer a quest upon talking to them. These survivors will walk off your train when they reach their destination.
The Only Traitor DLC
A DLC was released for the game. It offered a different plot perspective, new enemies and instead of driving a train, the main character drives a car.
8. Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series
Minecraft: Story Mode is an action-adventure game developed by TellTale. The title revolves around the episodic series-like narrative and puts the importance of the player's choices forward.
The game resembles the genre of the point-and-click adventures. The players can talk with non-mandatory characters and choose the dialogue options out of four or five alternatives. There is a heavy focus on the QTE — the sequences where one must mash buttons in time accordingly with the pictograms depicted on the screen. At the end of each chapter, the player is presented with the choice diagram — his of her picks are compared to those of the other players across the world.
It is not to be forgotten — Minecraft: Story Mode is the TellTale adaptation of another video game. Fingerprints of this are clear: the crafting mode essential to the original has been added to the game, and the title has become more friendly all in all. That is the contrast with the previous TellTale installments — they were mainly targeting mature audience.
The Story Mode created the narrative from the start — the original game does not feature it. The story centers around Jesse — the protagonist and the player at the same time — who travel around the in-game world in searches for The Order of the Stone.
Xeodrifter is a Metroid-like action game developed by Renegade Kid.
The Xeodrifter flies his ship in deep space. Unexpectedly, his ship gets hit by an asteroid and he has to crash-land on a nearby planet to repair the ship. He travels from planet to planet to acquire new parts required for the repair of the ship and going off the star system Xeodrifter got trapped in.
Xeodrifter is a typical Metroidvania game. It is a two-dimensional platforming game that features immense interconnected maps which feature distinctive rooms and sections. The players cannot travel the whole map at first, as some sections of it require a specific ability or equipment to be opened. Sometimes, such items are protected by a unique and powerful enemy that has to be defeated by the players.
In the case of Xeodrifter, the players travel from planet to planet to find the necessary replacement parts. Several planets will be closed off for the players at the beginning of the game as they will need specific items to unlock the ability to land on them.
Xeodrifter features a completely flat two-dimensional graphics with a heavy use of shadows and parallax effects. The game uses the same color palette as the original Metroid games. Several Retrowave elements were added to the game in the form of music.
10. Streets of Rogue
Streets of Rogue is a rogue-lite about player choice, freedom, and anarchic fun. The game takes inspiration from fast-paced top-down rogue-lites like Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne, and adds free-form, experimentation-driven, emergent gameplay elements of RPGs like Deus Ex.
Rather than taking place in a dungeon, the game is set in a functioning, procedurally generated city, where complex AI informs denizens from all walks of life, who are just trying to get by in their daily activities.
In order to progress, the player will need to accomplish specific mission goals in any way they see fit through use of their special character traits, items, and the environment.
Will you play as a soldier who shoots first and asks questions later?
A stealthy scientist who uses chloroform and tranquilizer darts to silently take down the opposition?
A genial bartender who can talk his way past the most intimidating of guards?
Or how about a hyper-intelligent gorilla, rescuing other caged gorillas to form a small mobilized gorilla army?
The Mighty Feature-List
Play the game YOUR way! Don’t want to kill anybody? That’s cool! Want to hack computers? Got ya covered!
Random world generation and TOTALLY EXTREME gameplay variety means you can play for 600 hours and not get bored! Seriously though, go outside!!!
Super-advanced artificial intelligence that won’t put up with your crap! Outsmart these virtual humans and feel superior to your computer!
Play as over 20 (and growing!) wildly different types of characters! Bartender, scientist, hacker, gorilla — hey, your job is probably in there too!
Stupidly huge variety of items! Shrink rays, hypnotizing devices, boomboxes, bear traps, food processors.. Oh, and guns too.
4-Player online and local cooperative modes lets you brutalize goons AND loneliness!
Lead a gang, free slaves, drink beer, gib ghosts, become a vampire, shrink people and stomp on them. The most insanely varied game ever made.
11. Battle Brothers
Battle Brothers is a turn based tactical RPG which has you leading a mercenary company in a gritty, low-power, medieval fantasy world. You decide where to go, whom to hire or to fight, what contracts to take and how to train and equip your men in a procedurally generated open world campaign. Do you have what it takes to lead them through bloody battles and to victory?
The game consists of a strategic worldmap and a tactical combat layer. On the worldmap you can freely travel in order to take contracts that earn you good coin, find places worth looting, enemies worth pursuing or towns to resupply and hire men at. This is also where you manage, level up and equip your Battle Brothers. Once you engage a hostile party the game will switch to a tactical map where the actual fighting takes place as detailed turn based combat.
- Manage a medieval mercenary company in a procedurally generated open world.
- Fight complex turn-based tactical battles with historical equipment and brutal injuries.
- Permadeath. All characters that die in combat will stay dead – unless they return as the undead.
- All characters come with their own background stories and traits. Want a stuttering ratcatcher, a greedy witch hunter or a drunkard disowned noble?
- Character development without a restrictive class-system. Each character gains experience through combat, can level up and acquire powerful perks.
- Equipment that matters. Different weapons grant unique skills – split shields with axes, stun enemies with maces, form a spearwall with spears or crush armor with a warhammer.
- Diverse enemy roster. All enemies have unique equipment, skills and AI behavior.
- A dynamic event system with atmospheric encounters and tough decisions outside of combat.
- Three late game crises – a war between noble houses, a greenskin invasion and an undead scourge – add a looming threat.
- Two full hours of orchestral soundtrack.
- 70 Steam Achievements and Steam Trading Cards.
Overhype Studios is an independent game developer studio from Hamburg, Germany. We are devoted to making great games that we want to play ourselves. With Battle Brothers we thrive to reflect the creativity, complexity and originality from the old days when game developers where passionate gamers, not corporate businessmen. While doing this we took a lot of inspiration from some of best games out there: The original X-Com, Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat, Mount & Blade and Jagged Alliance.
12. Extreme Exorcism
Extreme Exorcism is a paranormal platformer where every move you make comes back to haunt you.
Take on the role of Mae Barrons; an Extreme Exorcist with extreme measures. Her supernatural skills are called upon when everything and everyone else has failed to rid a haunted house of its ghostly presence.
Conventional methods won’t cut it with these ghosts. Instead, Mae comes armed with a deadly arsenal of ghost-busting weapons, from rocket launchers to razor sharp boomerangs.
But these aren’t your average poltergeists. At the end of each round, a ghost appears and mimics your every move from the round before. The longer you survive the more extreme the game becomes.
Engage in non-stop ghost annihilation in 10 eerie areas of the haunted house – each room presenting its own hellish hazard. Brave the winds on the balcony and the fire in the kitchen, surviving for as long as you can.
With a devilish local multiplayer – you can play co-op or deathmatch modes with up to 3 of your friends, and with 50 unique challenges even the most daring Extreme Exorcist will be put to the test.
13. Splatter - Zombie Apocalypse
Splatter is a top-down-shooter with a film-noir-singleplayer-campaign. Fight against all kinds of monsters hordes with a huge arsenal of weapons, all with top of the line physics-based splatter effects and destructible level environments.
Meet interesting characters, accomplish dozens of side quests, engage boss fights and upgrade your weapons.
The zombies fear light, so use your flashlight strategically to create breathing space in battles and to expose hidden weaknesses of your enemies. Explore the surroundings to find new weapons, resources and secret areas. Spend the money you collect to upgrade your guns and unlock new weapon features and discover the best tactics against the variety of monsters.
The story mode spans 16 levels with fully voiced NPCs and dialogs and animated cutscenes.
Try to beat the Highscores in the Survival Mode or gather up to 4 friends in front of your computer to co-op against the horde.Key Features
- Topdown shooter with challenging fights against all kinds of zombies and monsters
- Film-noire-singleplayer-campaign with fully voiced dialogs, cutscenes, bosses, vehicles and side missions
- Lights and Shadows add a tactical layer to the battles
- A destructible environment to shatter, with occasional resources hidden inside
- Upgradeable weapons gain new qualities and features with each level
- Arcade game modes with online leaderboards pit you against your friends' scores
- Local multiplayer for upto 4 players with controllers, mice, keyboards... whatever you got there, you can use it
- And lots of action, of course
14. Offspring Fling!
The side project turned game
A puzzle game from independent developer Kyle Pulver created on the FlashPunk engine. The game was released on Microsoft Window, Mac OS and Linux in the spring of 2012. The project began as a side-project for a developer from Arizona, which in the development process has become a full-fledged game. 100 puzzles are available for completion within the story campaign, and an additional 20 bonus levels that open after meeting all the conditions To do so the game requires the player a clear platforming skill from the player. The project is played with a sense of nostalgia: the gameplay and control are very similar to those used in the classic platformers from the 90's.
The Russian way
The protagonist is an unfortunate forest creature who accidentally lost all of his children and is now trying to get them all back. The game motivates players to replay it - after completing the level, the game creates a ghost version of the player. Critics noted the amount of work that Kyle Pulver did, noting that 15-20 years before the release of the game, would require a huge studio, and the game itself would appear on several covers of gaming media. But times have changed, and in 2012 the developer laid out the game on the Internet without much fuzz. The game, however, does not involve liberty in completion - for each puzzle, there is only one correct option.
15. The Darkside Detective
Where cultists crawl, where demons dwell, where the occult… occults? *ahem* That's where you’ll find Detective Francis McQueen, the lead investigator of the criminally underfunded Darkside Division. When evil darkens the doorsteps of Twin Lakes City – hell, even when it just loiters around shop fronts or hangs out in shady alleyways – he’s there, ready to investigate the cases that nobody else will.
He is The Darkside Detective.
The Darkside Detective is a micro-adventure game with a distinct sense of humour. It’s being developed for PC & Mac, and consists of a series of humorous bite-size investigations into the occult and extraordinary. It features:
- 6 cases, each more spooky than the last
- Music from Ben Prunty, the audiomancer behind gems such as FTL and Gravity Ghost
- At least three jokes
- Cutting edge, high definition pixels
- One free curse-removal, up to and including mid-level witch hexes
16. Survived By
Survived By is a free-to-play MMO bullet-hell game where permadeath is just the beginning. Every time you die, you’re survived by a new descendant who carries a small part of your legacy with them.
Team up with hundreds of survivors as you shoot your way through hordes of Chimera, explore dungeons, collect loot, craft gear and of course… die. Again, and again. Who will you be survived by…?
Sign up on the Survived By website and get into the action.
Key FeaturesMassively-multiplayer, online bullet hell with permadeath – Team up with hundreds of survivors, as you dodge bullets and slaughter hordes of Chimera on your journey to level up and craft the best gear and weapons. Be careful though, once you die… it’s almost game over.
Permadeath is just the beginning – Every time you die you’re survived by a new descendant, who carries a small part of your legacy with them. These legacies provide new buffs, stat boosts, and special abilities. Play as different survivors to collect them all and make your way to defeat the hardest dungeons and bosses of the Heartland.
Gorgeous pixel art set in a mysterious, war-struck fantasy world – Explore Heartland in all its pixelated glory. Discover the secrets behind the mysterious yellow resin that has overtaken the land and the Chimera that have pushed humanity to the brink of extinction.
Updated frequently and built with the community – We will be constantly talking to you and your fellow players to build Survived By into the game you want it to be.
Halfway is a turn-based strategy RPG taking place a few hundred years into the future. Humanity has begun to colonise new worlds and until now, they were alone…
In Halfway you take control of a small team of survivors faced with a violent invasion onboard the colonial vessel Goliath. As their leader you will guide them through the dark and cramped corridors of the ship to slowly take back control.
If you have any hope of surviving, you’ll have to fight, face your fears and outsmart the enemy!
- Tactical turn-based battles are at the core of Halfway. Use cover, position, equipment and skills to your advantage in your battles.
- Unique characters: Your team is formed of unique characters you pick up along the way. Each one of them brings their own story, skills and experiences to the journey.
- Find yourself in the middle of an engrossing story-line. Step by step you’ll uncover the mysterious events that took place and what it means for you and all of humanity.
- Immerse yourself in 10-14 hours of gameplay in a beautiful pixel art environment with a lovely atmospheric soundtrack by Gavin Harrison
- Modding: Map Editor and full Steam Workshop support for your own custom campaigns and missions
Platformines is a unique 2D platformer packed with exploration, RPG and shooter elements, set in a vast 16-bit underground world. In their quest to rebuild their spaceship, players will embark on a journey to discover the mysteries of a gigantic complex of mines. Deadly enemies, traps and treasures are just a few to mention from what players will encounter while trying to escape from the hostile world. Customise your character, master all difficulty levels and literally jump to the top of the leaderboards to prove your skills!Limitless Gameplay:
- An infinite number of randomly generated worlds to explore each one with its own configuration of traps and enemies!
- Unstoppable old-school action with 3 different difficulty levels to master!
- Discover hidden chests or just…loot your enemies in order to get tons of items and upgrades!
- Build your character choosing from countless customization options
- Additional in-game fancy items, like hats & wigs, for even further customisation
- Retro gaming experience with 16-bit graphics & reinvented classical music
- Simple classic mechanics for immediate fun; jump and slash!
- Prove your skills and climb to the top of the leaderboards!
19. Blaster Master Zero
Mutant scum never learn! Blaster Master Zero makes its Steam debut!
Blaster Master Zero is a 8-bit style top-down & sideview 2D action-adventure game that hearkens back to the golden age of the NES.
This game was created using the original 1988 title "Blaster Master" from Sunsoft as a base, with the addition of new areas and bosses, new gameplay elements such as extra sub-weapons, improved gameplay, a more robust scenario, refined and expanded exploration mechanics, and more.
・On the sideview maps, take control of the battle tank SOPHIA III and explore your surroundings as you search for the entrance to the dungeon where the area's boss lurks.
・Once you find a dungeon entrance, exit SOPHIA III and make your way inside as the hero Jason and take on the mutants that dwell within in top-down mode.
・Defeat the mid-bosses and area bosses to acquire new items, sub-weapons, upgrades to SOPHIA III and Jason's equipment, and new abilities and maneuvers that allow SOPHIA III to access new areas.
・Player 2 can provide support for Player 1 as they traverse through the game in the co-op multiplayer mode.
Categories in common with Blaster Master Zero: Action
20. Heroes of Hammerwatch
Heroes of Hammerwatch is a rogue-lite action-adventure game set in the same universe as Hammerwatch. Encounter endless hordes of enemies, traps, puzzles, secrets and lots of loot, as you battle your way through procedurally generated levels to reach the top of the Forsaken Spire.
A rogue-lite with a lot of persistent progression. You will start each run in Outlook, a town which you can upgrade to grant your heroes with various enhancements that will further help you in your quest. The heroes themselves will also remain persistent, you can even bring your own heroes to your friends game!Features:
- Procedurally generated content: Random generated levels offers a high replay value and will bring you a new challenge with each run.
- Persistant progression: Your heroes will retain the experience gained from a run, and will become more powerful as they level up.
- Town upgrades: Construct/Upgrade 10 different buildings that will help your heroes in various ways.
- Classes: Choose from 7 different classes, all with unique stats, abilities and playstyles.
- Items: Find or buy over 100 unique items of various rarity.
- Co-op: Play with up to 3 friends in co-op.
- New Game+: Heroes of Hammerwatch will be a real challenge, and even if you beat it, the challenge never ends!
21. Pixel Dungeon
SlideDB Editor's Choice Best Singleplayer game of 2013
Pixel Dungeon is an exciting and extremely popular roguelike (more than 2 million mobile installs!). Explore the depths of Pixel Dungeon, collect useful items and fight fierce monsters to find the Amulet of Yendor (surprise!) - the ultimate artefact of this game world!
Are you prepared for this very easy to play yet difficult to master dungeon crawler?
- Charming pixel-art graphics and a simple interface that gets out of your way.
- 25 randomly generated levels with different settings like sewers, abandoned prison, caves, etc... so you will feel that every new game is unique!
- A deceitful dungeon full of dangers! Try to avoid the hidden traps or falling on deadly chasms. Or find as many chests as you can, full of treasures to use or sell!
- A different array of monsters that will try to get a piece of you on every corner, plus some bigger bosses that will try to get an even bigger piece ;)
- Lots of different items to find, buy, sell... including armor, weapons, potions, wands, scrolls...
- Various character classes to suit your style of play, from the strong Warrior or the knowledgeable Mage to the sneaky Rogue and the powerful Huntress. You can specialize your character even further, if you survive long enough ;)
- Enchantments that you'll have to use on your weapons and armor if you want to survive the dungeon's harsh conditions
- You'll use your alchemy knowledge to brew rare potions, improve the dungeon's economy by spending all your coins on the shops and deal with obnoxious NPCs and their demanding quests
- Lots of other surprises, you'll need to check the game to find out!
Pixel Dungeon is also open source ( https://github.com/watabou/pixel-dungeon ), and available for mobile devices! You can play a previous version now ( http://watabou.itch.io/pixel-dungeon ) and get the last one for mobile at Google Play ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.watabou.pixeldungeon ).
Everything about Pixel Dungeon:
- Temple of the Roguelike forum: http://forums.roguetemple.com/index.php?topic=2826
- Official facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pixeldungeon
- Developer Blog: http://pixeldungeon.tumblr.com/
- Pixel Dungeon Wiki (including things like items and monsters descriptions, tactics and mechanics etc), run by a community: http://pixeldungeon.wikia.com/
22. Data Hacker: Corruption
This second Data Hacker title allows those who have completed the prequel 'Initiation' to import their completed save files with ease; keeping decision data, team members and inventory intact!
Or, start a new game and make your choices on the fly!
Data Hacker: Corruption is a retro-inspired JPRG set within a virtual realm and a simulated Online Game. It is a narrative-driven game that questions the value and definition of life and its inherent value. The game features two completely separate storylines and partial voice-acting.
Our story shifts up a gear: everything is changing rapidly, with each side vying for a position that will secure their future. The SiliCAI army fends off both Virulea and Hunter attacks while trying to maintain equilibrium. They seek power untold; a way to vanquish those who would do them harm.
In the coming war, on which side do you stand? Do you defend the SilicAI and their digital world, or fight for the people of the real world?
This second Data Hacker title allows those who have completed the prequel 'Initiation' to import their completed save files with ease; keeping decision data, team members and inventory intact! Or, start a new game an make your choices on the fly!
- Import your save file from Initiation (Keep your team, inventory and decision data intact!)
- Fully voice-acted opening and closing cutscenes!
- A massive graphics overhaul,
- Two possible routes to take; play both the 'Real' and 'Virtual' story lines,
- Over 1000 craftable items,
- A fan-favoured new game+ feature with extra content!
- Over 70 unique team recruits to build your dream team,
- Tons of optional, additional content, allowing you to explore the Worlds to a deeper extent,
- 69 achievements to attain,
- Trioarch; the addictive trading card game,
- Two different racing minigames,
- An expansive set of Worlds, Settings and Dungeons!
To prevent the spread of Corruption, time for a Reboot http://store.steampowered.com/app/331790
23. Quest of Dungeons
Quest of Dungeons is a turn based dungeon crawler game featuring a good old 16-bit retro artistic look.
That thing people usually skip
An unspecific evil Dark Lord has stolen all the light, so your mission is to enter his lair and defeat him. That's it, now go get him.
By playing as either a Warrior, a Wizard, a Assassin or a Shaman you have to traverse dungeons, defeat enemies and loot everything you can in order to survive. You can learn new skills in Tomes you find along the way and buy/sell items at shops.
The entire game is procedural so you won't find items/enemies in the same place each time you play.
- Procedural dungeons
- Procedural weapons
- Boss encounters
- 4 Difficulty levels
- Permadeath - Once you die, game over man, game over!
- Shop - buy and sell items/weapons
- Leaderboards - compare your Adventure points with the community
Dungetris is a game in a Rogue-like genre with an original system of building a level and the elements of a card game.
You build a tower by using the rules which are similar with the famous game. Finish the construction of the castle to the certain height and fight with a boss. These goals are the main ones in each level.
There are no standard items and inventory. You can help to your hero by means of playing cards. Everything, that you can find in the game, from weapon to quest is presented by playing cards. Collect them all!
Cards and blocks need to be used wisely. Sometimes the wrong step can lead you to the dead end.
- Different worlds
- Variety of hero cards
- Diversity of playing cards
- Several game modes
- Fun art and atmosphere music…
25. The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor
"Save the World from Magical Party Crashers"
Packing in a full-fledged story mode with a colorful cast of musically-empowered heroes and villains, The Metronomicon sees you take control a party of eight new masters of the “rhythmic combat arts” to wage musical warfare against a multitude of dance-mongering fiends. Control up to four concurrent heroes as they cast powerful spells, buff their teammates, and beat down their enemies with a variety of magical loot and groovin’ dance moves. The effectiveness of your team is all in the rhythm, so put on your dancing pants, light up dad’s disco ball, and prepare your body for The Metronomicon. Oh, and did I mention couch co-op? Because nothing's better than an armored dance partner.
"Power Up Your Dancing, Moves, and Gear"
Would you like a side of RPG to your rhythm game? Too bad, because you're getting TWO MAIN COURSES. Hunt for epic loot, unlock new stylin' dance spells, and recruit new heroes to join your party. Tank, heal, buff, and dish out the damage in real-time musical combat to conquer your foes.
"Check Out My Mixtape"
The Metronomicon features a fantastic, ear-blistering soundtrack featuring some of the hottest electronic, synthwave, chiptune and indie artists, including an exclusive track from Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, an unreleased track from Shiny Toy Guns, along with tracks from YACHT, Perturbator, J-Punch, Dj CUTMAN, and many, many more. We're also always adding new music, so the party never ends!
"Play Until Your Ears Turn Pointy"
Game modes you ask? We got: Story, Arena, Freeplay and Daily Challenges. But wait, there's more... But, you've gotta discover those yourself. "The Metronomicon features a fantastic, fully-licensed soundtrack featuring some of the hottest electronic, synthwave, chiptune and indie artists, including an exclusive track from Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, an unreleased track from Shiny Toy Guns, along with tracks from YACHT, Perturbator, J-Punch, Dj CUTMAN, and many, many more. As much a soundscape as it is a soundtrack, the music behind The Metronomicon is set to be every bit as varied and exciting as the gameplay itself.
26. Mighty Party
It’s very simple and addictive – one tap to put the fighter onto the battlefield and only 3 MINUTES to win! It can reveal all your tactical skills – define opponent’s weaknesses and play heroes who can absolutely change situation on the battlefield and bring you top place in rankings!
Find dozens of fighters in PvP and enjoyable Journey! Level up them to reveal their new skills and qualities! Combine them with other heroes to gather a legendary PARTY OF CHAMPIONS!
Tile-based & fast-paced innovative battle system. Easy to grasp and extremely tactical!
Infinite squad combinations from dozens of Champions with their own strengths and weaknesses.
Lots of ways to power-up Heroes: level-up them, bind them with others, turn them into GOLD ones!
Captivating PVP (Rankings, Tournaments, Events, Survival, Raids etc.) with great rewards!
Very tactical Campaign with epic story of Heavenly Roads and true hero’s Journey!
Also you can check our other projects. Epiq step-by-step RPG with elements of strategy Forge of Gods and exciting VR-shooter Cargo Cult: Shoot'n'Loot VR.
Panoramik Inc. has been making games since 2005. We specialize in creating different types of games, ranging from casual ones up to mid core.
Indulge Lady Tallowmere and see how far through her lovingly violent dungeons you can delve in this 2D indie action roguelike-inspired platformer. New rooms are procedurally generated every time you play, meaning you'll have to be on your guard for every randomly-placed enemy, elite, boss, and treasure chest you'll come across.
Each room gets progressively bigger, harder, and more rewarding the further you go.
The concept is simple yet hard to master:
- Raise your shield to block enemy attacks.
- Lower your shield and strike your foes when the timing is right.
- Jump or move to avoid traps, or use your shield to reduce damage taken.
- Find the key to advance to the next room.
- Collect weapons, outfits, headgear, and shields of various rarities to aid your journey.
- Turn in souls from slain enemies to increase your base stats and passive abilities.
- Stay alive as long as you can!
Brace yourself as you learn the quirks of each foe, trap, and room type so you can strive for that "one more run" high-score victory! Each dungeon is infinite in length so it's up to you to push your limits; local scoreboards and online leaderboards let you track your greatest efforts.
Available for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Play with keyboard (and optionally mouse buttons), or use your favourite gamepad/controller.
Tallowmere offers single-player and local co-op madness (up to 4 players) for fun frantic couch gaming.
✓ Action roguelite platformer with randomly-generated levels, each room bigger than the last
✓ Wreak havoc with trusty axes, hefty clubs, teleporting katanas, stealth-enabling emerald daggers, freezing ice wands, bouncing grenades, embroiling flamethrowers, and powerful rocket launchers
✓ Find and equip outfits, headgear, shields, and more
✓ Hunt for power with 7 tiers of item rarities ranging from Basic to Otherworldly
✓ Learn to conquer multiple enemy types with elite variations, including fire mages, archers, leapers, conductors, ogres, flail knights, feelers, bloats, and zaeries
✓ Satisfying combat with persistent bloodsplats and gibs
✓ Tactical shield blocking
✓ Infinite jumping
✓ Deadly traps and obstacles to try and avoid, such as spinning pinwheels, acid clouds, and extremely pointy spikes
✓ Coins, hearts, souls, and keys to collect from slain foes
✓ Hardcore permadeath to keep your adrenaline going
✓ Treasure chests to loot
✓ Potions to keep you alive
✓ Special room events and bosses to master
✓ Passive abilities for you to gain strength and then some
✓ Coin-loving merchants
✓ Difficulty settings to match your pain threshold
✓ Challenge modes
✓ Combat/event log
✓ Soft savegame system (so you can quit and resume later) and personal high-score system with cross-platform Steam Cloud support
✓ Global Steam leaderboards for speedruns and bragging rights
✓ Sacrificial kittens
✓ Dev console for cheats
✓ Runs on Windows, macOS, and Linux
✓ Play single-player or local couch co-op (up to 4 players with 4 controllers sharing the same screen)
✓ Keyboard and mouse support
✓ Gamepad/controller support
✓ Independent game developer
You're not afraid... or are you?
To those who will be lured into Lady Tallowmere's dungeons: good luck.
- Finnish (Suomi) – translated by Tomi Turkki & Olli-Samuli Lehmus
- French (Français) – translated by Christophe Braguy
- German (Deutsch) – translated by Spiffosi, sePL, & John Westfield
- Italian (Italiano) – translated by Luca Pattarini
- Japanese (日本語) – translated by Teyon Japan
- Polish (Polski) – translated by Maciej Ułanowicz
- Russian (Русский) – translated by Tycho Davidianus
- Simplified Chinese (简体中文) – translated by Kai Shao
- Spanish (Español) – translated by Jose M. Gaspar
- Turkish (Türkçe) – translated by A. Ozkal
Buy Tallowmere on Steam and get the Android port as a free DLC.
• "Local Co-op" means you can connect up to 4 controllers and play with your friends in the same room sharing the same screen. Network/LAN co-op is not available.
28. Castle of no Escape 2
Prepare yourself for the dangers of the cursed castle! Countless heroes have tried and failed to destroy the ancient spell that holds its walls. Meanwhile, hundreds of monsters are roaming inside, guarding the sword shards — the last known thing to be capable of defeating the demonic castle owner, thus shattering its magical structure.
Although, you are not alone — some help could be obtained from the merchants, who, for reasons not truly understood, offer their services right inside the lair of evil. Though, it seems to be only a matter of time for them to disappear...
Explore 6 x 6 x 6 = 216 rooms of randomly generated hazards and enemies while collecting the necessary artefacts. Plan your next step carefully, because save points aren't a thing in a rogue-lite game! There is, however, another option, explained below.FEATURES
Battle System: Every character is different, try them all! Perform the Agile attack when you're in a pinch. Use armor and shields to your advantage and boost armor stats using the emblems.
PAL/NTSC modes: If the game feels too unforgiving, you can tone down the difficulty, lowering the framerate to 50 (PAL). Note, though, that music and sounds become more evil at the 83% of their original pitch.
Password System: Just like in an old NES game, in this game you need to input 13 characters to get back to your game session. Still, the powers of evil prevent you from saving anything much more than the artefacts you've found...
Unfold the mystery: Defeat minibosses to unlock more playable characters.CREDITS
Game by D. E. X. and Kolenka Team
Trailer by Dr. Zlo
Portuguese-Brazil translation by Gianvelox
We're open to translators! Get the game to YOUR language!
29. Dark Void Zero
Rise On! After 20 years, the legendary lost project "Dark Void" is back! To commemorate the game's humble origins, Capcom has commissioned the recreation of the original 8-bit classic, now re-titled "Dark Void Zero". In this critically acclaimed 8-bit de-make, you play as Rusty, warrior test-pilot and Nikola Tesla's trusted friend. With the help of your state-of-the-art rocket pack, blast through three deliciously retro levels of baddies in your quest to close Portal X and save the human race!
Dark Void Zero on PC is packed with all new online features! Get rewarded for your skills with Achievements via Steam. Connect with Friends. Compete to be the best on the block or the best in the world in the Score and Speed Runs in the all-new Online Leaderboards!
Experience two all-new alternate endings! Only the best of the best will survive to see them!
And don't forget! Like its parent game, Dark Void Zero features an award-worthy soundtrack created and performed by famed Battlestar Galactica composer Bear McCreary.
Dark Void Zero on PC: The fate of the human race rests in your hands! Rise On!
- Strap on Tesla's first prototype ROCKET PACK and take control of 5 experimental weapons!
- Three levels of intense sci-fi, sidescrolling action!
- ONLINE LEADERBOARDS: Top scores! Speed runs! Can you be the best?
- ACHIEVEMENTS: Hone your skills and score bragging rights with Steam achievements! 30 achievements will rate your skill, speed, and stamina.
- FRIENDS: Add your Steam friends and compete for top honors!
- PC ALTERNATE ENDINGS: What's this? Two brand-new never-before-seen endings? Only the best of the best will survive to see them!
- RETRO: 8-bit graphics and "De-Mastered" Dark Void Zero score by Bear McCreary!
- GAMEPAD Support: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows supported. (Generic gamepads with analog sticks may also work, though are not officially supported.)
31. Iron Crypticle
PLEASE NOTE: `IRON CRYPTICLE` IS AN EXPANDED AND ENHANCED VERSION OF `IRON FISTICLE` - FEATURING A RANGE OF GAMEPLAY, VISUAL AND PRESENTATION UPGRADES AND IMPROVEMENTS.
Cryptonia’s princess and the glorious Royal Treasures of Cryptonia have been abducted!
The washed-up kingsguard must leap into action and plunge down into the ancient magical crypts on a rescue mission!
INSPIRED BY ARCADE CLASSICSYou could summarise IRON CRYPTICLE as structured around the core of Smash TV / Robotron, deepened by an item collection system inspired by Bubble Bobble / Rainbow Islands, all placed in a Ghosts and Goblins / Gauntlet type medieval setting.GAMEPLAY FEATURESIf you want to survive past the Guardian Monsters of each floor then you’ll need to upgrade your abilities. Speed, Damage, Fire Rate and Weapon Duration can all be upgraded either from shops or through careful chaining gobbling up food pickups.
Most enemies drop a food item (delicious cheese, slices of cake, lollipops, hotdogs, fruit…) with which you need to juggle chain-collecting, all whilst slashing your way through hordes of ghastly creatures.
Route selection is very important too, with each floor made up of a branching system of rooms. Each room type has their advantages and disadvantages – plus with each play through the rooms all shift about and reform, just to keep you on your toes!
To help you on your quest are a range of weapons, magical scrolls and items to unlock. For close combat emergencies you can rely on your dash move for quick escape, or activate your Atomic Fist to punch a hole in the enemy ranks.
Be sure to visit the cat merchant to see what is on offer. Or try the arcade room to earn extra coins and health. You can play solo or up to 4 player local CO-OP; either way you`ll find the crypts run deep with many secrets to uncover on your adventures in IRON CRYPTICLE.
32. Blazing Beaks
Birds with guns are blazing the way out through the piles of mutants, monsters and creepy creatures to stop the invasion. Gathering items and artefacts is essential to survive in this fast-paced colorful roguelite. Lots of mysteries to unravel, secrets to find and levels to explore.Game modes
Story mode (1-2 local players) - it's an explosive adventure where you are fighting the invaders and searching for the origin of evil. Endless pile of enemies you can shoot, blast, zap and disintegrate every way you want. Cute and charming world with challenging levels full of surprises.
Tournament mode (2-4 local players) - it’s battle experience where you compete with your friends to find out who's the real hero.
- Deathmatch - Everyone by themselves. Last beak standing wins.
- One gun mode - Each player starts with the same randomly chosen weapon which cannot be changed in that round.
- Drop Hearts mode - A player drops some hearts when he is hurt and either he or any other player can collect them.
- Skull keeper mode - Grab and keep the golden skull without losing it for a certain amount of time and all your opponents will lose 1 HP.
- Hunting mode - Each player starts with a spear in their possession. Once you throw it, you need to grab it before you can throw it again.
Asura is an indie, top-down, Hack 'n' Slash game set in a fantasy world inspired by the richness of Indian mythology. It features heavy rogue-like elements and a unique procedural skill tree which changes on every play-through.
Reincarnated as a demon, use your new-found powers and hatred to invade the 'Pancha Dvora'- the five fortresses of the Daeva empire. Embark on a journey to exact your vengeance against Hasirama - The God-King, Maharaja, and Slayer of Innocents.
Asura is inspired by rogue-like genre and is brutally difficult but FAIR…
Note: Asura is best experienced with a controller!
Procedural Skill tree:
Craft your Demon using a Skill tree which changes every time you die.
Absorb or Scavenge:
Asura can either Absorb enemies for experience points or Scavenge their corpse for loot.
Unique Combat system:
Engage the enemies with a variety of Melee, Range, and Magic weapons. Melee attacks will deal reduced damage to range enemies, Magic enemies will resist spells, and the Stamina system will always require you to strategies and adapt during battle.
Every item in Asura is unique by itself. Slash your enemies with Claw weapon or batter them with a Mighty Hammer. Shoot your enemies with your bow or ignite them with your Magic weapon. There are tons of loot to be discovered in Asura which synergies with your skills.
When you get burnt, a random equipment will get destroyed from your inventory. When the enemies or traps poison you, you can't heal. When your health is low, it does not regenerate automatically. When you die, you don't get to save your progress.
Perma-Death: Inspired by Rogue-like genre, on death you lose all progress.
Procedurally Generated Skill Tree
Mold your character using the unique, procedurally-generated "Shastra" tree (with over 80 skills!) for near-infinite replayability.
Randomly Generated Levels
Rampage through the "Pancha Dvora" - 5 randomly generated fortresses, each with its particular aesthetics, enemies, and challenges
Unlock New Demon Characters
Unlock 3 different Demon variants with unique alignments to each of the core Shastras. Maximize the return on your choices to surpass your previous personal best.
Unique Weapons & Armour
Find epic loot with each play through and adapt your play to make the most of what you’ve scavenged from the corpses of your enemies.
Enemies Inspired by Indian myths
Battle hordes of enemies, each with their unique characteristics and abilities, inspired from Indian Mythos!
Indian Inspired Lore
Immerse yourself in a fantasy setting based on Indian mythology and discover a whole new take on the battle between good and evil
When you die, you start all over again from the very beginning with a new skill tree.
(May contain spoilers)
- A procedurally generated skill tree which changes on every play through (82 skills)
- 4 Enemy Races - Daeva, Naga, Vanara, and Hathira.
- 12 Bosses.
- 9 Champions.
- 50 Unique enemies.
- 41 Armors.
- 82 Weapons.
- 5 Randomly generated fortress.
- 3 Unlockable Demon variants to enhance your customization options.
- Features a fantastical lore inspired by Indian Mythology.
Ogre Head Studio
Ogre Head Studio is two man indie game company by Zainuddeen Fahadh and Neeraj Kumar based in Hyderabad, India. We make games all about Hack, Slash & everything Epic!
For any issues or feedback with the game, join our discord HERE!
or contact us at support(at)ogrehead(dot)com
UNLOVED is based on the community award-winning mod for Doom2 with the same name by the same creator. UNLOVED is a strange place. A twisted reality. A nightmare that comes to life. A place where demons and abhorrent monsters manifest and possess the living with only one goal: to end you. Nothing wants you here. And there is no way out. Only the elevator that leads further and further down into the darkness of your insanity.
Play alone or in a group of up to 4 players and explore the endless amount of basement levels that are procedurally arranged every time you enter. Work as a team, open new areas, find weapon-mods, solve personal challenges, complete level objectives and unlock new skills to survive this trip into the unknown.Main FeaturesFast Paced Shooter Gameplay + Coop Features
The game resurrects the old-school fast paced action shooter gameplay. Combined with deadly monsters and modern coop-features that encourage playing in a team to stay alive in a harsh and deadly environment. Find and join other players online or play via LAN. If you don't feel like playing in a team, you can play alone just as well.
Randomly arranged Levels
Every basement area is generated from hand crafted level chunks that are randomly arranged. After that, certain areas get locked by the “Architect” and you have to find certain key items to access them. Every level has final rooms with objectives the player has to complete in order to leave the level.
Create your own unique Play-Style
Besides customizing your appearance, you can also create your own unique play-style. Equip magic trinkets with unearthly powers that can completely change the way you experience the game. Want to become super tough, or do you prefer to run super fast? Do you want to deal lots of damage, or have the highest chances of survival? The right combination of trinkets makes it possible and sets you apart from other players.
Play in 4 different Game Modes
If you want a different experience besides the Ultra Violence, you can also select alternative Game Modes that may suit your style a bit more. Classic Horror gets your blood pumping while you are desperately looking for enough ammunition to survive the next enemy. Arcade Style increases the already fast paced action to the max, giving you the ultimate killing frenzy experience. And then there is the HOT Mode - the most innovative game mode in years...
Find Weapon-Mods to be more efficient
Every weapon can be upgraded with special mods. These can alter the way a weapon functions in dramatic ways. They may change the way the weapon operates, increase fire rate or give boosts like speed reloading.
Gain Karma by completing personal Challenges
You don’t just get experience points for killing monsters. Each time you play, certain challenges are given to you. If you fulfill your personal objectives, you get Karma points that you can spend to upgrade your Persona.
Unlock new Items and the Mysteries that UNLOVED holds
Within the levels are different mysterious objects scattered. By collecting them, you can later unlock new player colors, ranks, trinkets and pieces of information that may or may not have clues about this unearthly realm of insanity.
Categories in common with UNLOVED: Action
35. Baobabs Mausoleum Ep. 1 Ovnifagos Don´t Eat Flamingos
Follow the FBI agent Watracio Walpurgis in his adventures trying to scape from this eerie and gooey village. Meet stranges and paranoids inhabitants, brake up your brain to solve puzzles in the most hilarius and surrealistic situations, defeat the Wendigo, get mad with cosmic laser chickens, scape from monsters that went out by the night to search ufos to eat, discover thousands of secrets…
Discover Baobab's Mausoleum, a retro point and click adventure in J-RPG format that you will never forget.
Did I say Watracio is a vampire eggplant?
Creepy inhabitants and mysteries awaits...Welcome to Flamingo´s Creek: Population 64.
Baobabs Mausoleum Ovnifagos Don't Eat Flamingos is the first episode of the complete adventure.
36. Mystery Mine
HistoryMbonga used to be just a simple worker in a small village far from civilisation. Once he meets an ancient Spirit who needs his help. The Spirit promises to protect Mbonga's village from the great evil, so Mbonga decides to come with him to the Underworld.GameplayOur goals are:
- to find the way to the Underworld,
- to help the Spirit and to save our village.
On his way the player will be fighting with mosters, overcoming dangerous obstacles, solving puzzles and learning the history of the world
37. Devious Dungeon
Set in the Dark Ages, Devious Dungeon is a medieval focused action platformer title.
Under orders by the King, you will assume the control of a Knight instructed to head into the catacombs beneath the Kingdom, to slay the fowl beasts and monstrosities that have invaded the murky depths.
You must venture deep within the dungeons eliminating the threat!
Slay monsters, collect loot, level up and upgrade your gear.
Only a true champion will be victorious!
* Level randomization
* 5 worlds
* 68 levels
* Slay monsters and collect loot!
* Lots of weapons and gear
* RPG styled upgrades
* Boss Battles
* Mission system
38. Pixel Privateers
Pixel Privateers is a Squad Based Tactical RPG “Loot ‘Em Up” that will send your team of mercenaries through a mysterious wormhole on a quest to gather technology for your employer. In a twist of fate, your journey becomes a one-way ticket – with an entire galaxy of worlds to explore, factions to encounter, and epic gear to collect. Will you make it back home, make your mark in this new universe, or become another victim of the many dangers of the cosmos? Ultimately, how your story plays out is up to you!
Focusing on a user-customizable experience and robust multiplayer within the framework of a deep and engaging space exploration RPG, Pixel Privateers seeks to provide a truly accessible experience that will appeal to gamers of all types and skill levels.GAMEPLAY DETAILS
Huge Universe to ExploreNavigate your ship through the universe and land on any planet you choose! Take care, however, for many perils await – from warring factions to bloodthirsty aliens and more!
True Tactical, Squad-Based CombatControl your squad individually in tactical mode - where you issue orders and have them carried out - or control your squad as one - directing them all at once!
Accessible Gameplay An array of difficulty settings will allow you to enjoy the game in a more casual manner – or challenge yourself in Hardcore Mode where death is quite permanent!
Storyline and Factions Learn the history of various factions and their place in the universe, and become part of the intrigue yourself. Where do your loyalties lie? What part will you play? See how the story unfolds!
Deep Skill and Tech Trees Advance your knowledge and conquer: Gain awesome new skills, abilities, and technologies as you research alien artifacts. Train and advance individual crew members by enhancing their stats and collecting better gear!
Interactive Ship Tired of all that adventuring? Spend some time building up and exploring your Ship! Maybe even hang out in your own on board bar - complete with a band to entertain you!
Epic Loot! Plenty of awesome gear to make you a powerhouse is out there for the taking! Break down items you don’t need into Matter that can be spent in a variety of ways to enhance your crew.
Post Launch ContentWe plan to bring free content expansions to Pixel Privateers post-launch. Encompassing not only our ideas, but also suggestions from the Community, we are looking forward to actively supporting Privateers for a long while to come.
39. Eagle Island
Explore the avian world of Eagle Island with Quill and one of his loyal owls, Koji. Discover lush forests, treacherous caverns and uncover the ruins of long lost civilizations. Finally, confront the gargantuan deity, Armaura, in a desperate attempt to rescue Ichiro from her clutches.
With its falconry-based gameplay within uniquely generated worlds, Eagle Island is set to a beautifully modernized pixel art aesthetic and provides a breath of fresh air to the platforming genre.
Taking inspiration from the roguelike and metroidvania genres, players of Eagle Island can enjoy either short runs or a longer story based experience.
Fully procedurally generated levels
80 different perk abilities to mix up the gameplay each run
Magical feathers transform your bird into elemental forms
9 beautiful environments to explore
Quill's arsenal of solo moves consists simply of running, jumping and the occasional ledge grab - the game keeps to its classic 16-bit inspiration. Launch attacks with Koji in 8 directions using the D-pad-like aiming controls. Hit enemies in quick succession to earn greater rewards from combos. Miss an attack and you'll be forced to wait longer for Koji to return. If Koji is attacked or captured, Quill will be briefly defenceless and must take evasive action whilst vulnerable!
Eagle Island was supported by 1,291 backers on Kickstarter.
40. Black Future '88
Black Future ’88 is a Synth-Punk roguelike 2D action Shooter. Vertically climb an always evolving procedural tower to reach the top and kill its insane owner…before your heart explodes. Shoot, slash, dash and upgrade yourself to survive the endless waves of deadly traps, homicidal AI, crazed junkies and colossal Wardens standing in your way in a stylish alternative version of 1988.
The world is reeling from a nuclear cataclysm, created by Duncan, the tower architect. The First of his bombs fell in the summer of 1988, and by December they had blacked-out the sun with endless rain. We decided to stop keeping time after this, and it’s been 1988 ever since. Everything that lived through the initial attack will die in the extreme floods that followed. These are the times after, where there are no more months, or even weeks…everything is measured in minutes left to live.
Take on the mantle of one of the last remaining misfit survivors, and fight your way to the top of the tower to kill the architect and stop the endless nuclear rain. Ascend to die, and die to survive.Game Features
- Death Ascendant: Climb an always evolving procedural tower and fight for survival through a constant onslaught of death by fire, lasers, and slashes.
- Unique Synth-Punk World: Play through a unique take on a retro cyberpunk dystopia, and fight to survive through 5 distinct zones each with their own challenges.
- Pick Your Poison: Play as one of 5 playable characters, each with their own unique buffs- and weaknesses.
- Ruin Friendships: Test your wits and reflexes with a friend in couch co-op, and experience a completely unique take on the co-op roguelike.
- Kill the Wardens: Fight for survival by challenging the numerous unique bosses that guard each one of the game’s zones.
- Fog Machines and Laser Beams: Bring a gun and laser sword to a fire fight by arming yourself with a selection of the 50 unique weapons available in the game, each with their own unique effects.
- Evolve to Survive: The only way to survive when everything, including your own heart, is trying to kill you is to carefully boost or curse yourself by strategically choosing- and combining from 30 distinct buffs and curses.
- Dailies: Every day, a new challenge is generated with unique attributes that will test your mettle and allow you to see how your skills compare against other players in a global Leaderboard. Fight for not just survival, but supremacy!
- Ear Candy: Death never sounded so good thanks to an all killer original analog-synth soundtrack performed by Tremor Low.
41. GIGANTIC ARMY
Side-scrolling mech-shooting bad-assery is BACK!
GIGANTIC ARMY is a heartfelt homage to 16-bit era mech shooters such as Cybernator / Assault Suits Valken, Metal Warriors, and Front Mission: Gun Hazard, developed by the studio behind the acclaimed shooter SATAZIUS.
It is the 21st century and Earth is at war with the Ramulons – an alien race determined to stop humanity’s advance into space.
Mankind’s war against the Ramulons has reached the planet Ramulon itself and it is now down to YOU to pilot the ‘GMR-34 SALADIN’ - a Manned Combat Robot - and take on the Ramulon army. Customize your arsenal of explosive, projectile and plasma weapons, and combine them with melee attacks, thrusters and shield to take the fight to the enemy and end the conflict!
GIGANTIC ARMY boasts awesome retro arcade stylings, slick animation, superbly detailed character and stage design, and addictively frenetic game play.
• Six stages of intense mech-shooting action!
• Twelve mid and end level bosses of gargantuan proportions to take down!
• Four difficulty modes from ‘Easy’ to ‘Insane’ to cater for all skill levels!
• Customizable weapons load-out to suit your play style!
• Dash, thrusters and shield give your mech satisfying maneuverability and defensive options!
• Rebalanced gameplay from the original Japanese version!
• 42 achievements!
• Steam Trading Cards!
• Linux Version!
• Bonus retro packaging PDF assets to create your own physical version!
42. The Sandbox Evolution - Craft a 2D Pixel Universe!
Use your godly powers to craft amazing pixel worlds or destroy the universe! Welcome to The Sandbox Evolution, the #1 pixel art world creation game.
Play with physics, over 200 elements and controllable heroes. Make your own games or levels, and then share your creations online. There are no limits to your creativity and imagination!
- Click to drop elements, use your keyboard and mouse to zoom and scroll, control heroes with your gaming controller or keyboard.
- Create or destroy with your mouse!
- Amazing HD pixel art graphics featuring multiple visual effects, parallax scrolling and more
- Build worlds up to 10x bigger than in the previous Sandbox game
- Draw original art or fanboy tributes to your favorite retro characters with over 100 colors
- Create your own levels using Blocks and other Platforming elements
- Compose chiptune melodies and become a retro maestro
- Share your creations in the Online Gallery
- Save and Sync your progress online with Steam or Email
- Follow your favorite Players and Top Creators via the Social Menu
- Full support for the Steam Controller to create worlds and control the heroes characters inside levels made by others playersCREATE YOUR WORLD PIXEL AFTER PIXEL!- Build a 2D pixel world by mixing and matching over 200 elements to discover their interactions
- Use predefined templates or start from scratch: Music, Pixel Art, Sandbox, Caveman or Avatar
- Manipulate Natural elements: Mud, Water, Sand, Fire, Metal, Electricity, Acid, Lava and more
- Many Heroes with different skillsets: Shoot with Arnold, fly with Fujin or play with Hamster, the cutest of allOR UNLEASH THE WRATH OF GOD WITH THESE ELEMENTS- NUKE: Arguably mankind's worst invention, this mega-bomb has devastating effects.
- TORNADO: A super whirlwind makes everything fly away as you guide it through your worlds!
- EARTHQUAKE: Drop an epicenter generator over your worlds to unleash chaos throughout the landscape.
- LIGHTNING: Godlike power at your fingertips! Spawn lightning bolts by tapping anywhere.A MAJOR EVOLUTION OVER ITS PREDECESSOR: THE SANDBOX!- even more freedom and creativity, through improved physics and side-scrolling worlds 10x bigger than its predecessor.
- much-improved beautiful pixel art graphics featuring multiple visual effects, parallax scrolling and more
- 5 dedicated Creators modes to embrace every maker player: Create Sandbox, Make Game, Make Laser, Make Chiptunes, Draw Pixel Art
- 9 exclusive campaigns levels themed around several aspects of the gameplay: Genesis, Disasters, Machines, Lasers, Pixel Art as well as the story of some of the new heroes controllable characters: Ninja or Caveman
- easy-to-use game maker that enables players to create a retro-style platformer level in just a matter of seconds!!
- over 200 elements (many of them are new and not present in its predecessor) for players to choose from when designing their worlds, to pick between various entities, game-making blocks, platforms, enemies, portals and characters, pixel art drawing colors, and more.
- innovative “Daily Quests” mode to play some of the most challenging levels made by other players
- full support for the Steam Controller for players to create worlds and control the heroes characters inside levels made by others players.
- new Friends social menu where players can follow their favorite Players and Top Creators
THE GAME MAKER YOU WANTED- Begin with ready-to-use 4x4 pixel blocks, then add platforms, traps and enemies to spice things up
- Create your own levels using Game Design elements: Controllable Heroes, Platforms, Portals, various Blocks or Spikes
- Place a controllable hero character in your level to instantly add intuitive, direct control
- Congratulations! You just made your very own 8bit pixel platformer level in less than a minute :)ADD LIFE & BUILD YOUR WORLD- Bring Life to your worlds with Dogs, Wolves, Bears, Cows, Deer or Sabertooth Tigers
- Spread foliage and numerous tree varieties to bring beauty to your new world
- Decorate with Houses, Castles and Igloos, and create life on your world with AI HumansINTRODUCE TECHNOLOGY... OR DESTROY IT ALL- Utilize tech like Batteries, Crosswires, Resistance, Bulbs, Heaters, Coolers, LEDs and multiple Sensors
- Play with Lasers: click to rotate the angle of the light beam and start creating exciting new pixel universes and puzzles!
- Destroy everything you can with C4, Meteorites, Nitro, TNT or even a NukeCAMPAIGNS & DAILY QUESTS- Experience the creation of the universe through a full campaign of 15 levels
- Explore a prehistoric world with the Caveman, and fight Bears and Wolves to recover his child in the Caveman Campaign
- Learn how to draw pixel art like a real artist in the zen drawing Pixel Art Campaign
- Help Fujin, the Ninja of the Wind, collect the Jade Jars and keep them away from evil beings
- New Daily Quests, pulled from the best player creations. Challenge the best in the world, or build your levels for a chance to be featured
BROWSE THE GALLERY AND SHARE ONLINE- Share your worlds with other players
- Search worlds by keyword or by tags (pixel art, music, arcade, technology or landscape)
- Filter worlds based on the Newest or Hottest creations
- Play the most inspiring worlds and interact with them in various ways
- Rate the creations on 5 stars
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY OF 745,000 FANS!
Each new Update of The Sandbox Evolution will bring even more elements, heroes and campaigns!
You’ll see… no one could ever dream a better world than yours!
Download The Sandbox Evolution and build your world today!
43. Dungeon Warfare
Dungeon Warfare is a challenging tower defense game where you become a dungeon lord to defend your dungeon against greedy adventurers.
As you successfully purify your dungeons throughout the world from the pesky invaders, you will gain access to more powerful traps and devious utilities.
Gain experience from killing the invaders to permanently upgrade your traps.Game Features
- 26 unique traps with 3 upgradeable tiers each
- Passive upgrades for the traps
- 40+ handcrafted levels
- 22 types of enemies
- Mix your own difficulty by combining 12 difficulty mode runes for more challenge
- Endless mode (unlocked after obtaining the Infinity rune)
- Launch a huge rolling boulder to crush everything on its path.
- Reroute enemy path towards a busy minecart track to smash the invaders away.
- Place traps that mercilessly throw mighty warriors into the pitch black abyss
- Gather a force of your own by using summoning portals to instigate a chaotic brawl.
- 30+ achievements
- Juicy pixel art
- Juicy sound effects
- Juicy adventurers!
44. Warlocks vs Shadows
Warlocks vs Shadows is an action RPG/brawler game set in a fantasy world invaded by shadow monsters. Playing as an incredibly powerful Warlock and, by using magic skills and weapons, you fight through hordes of enemies. The game places great focus on co-op and versus play between players, where you can fight in 1-4 player DeathMatch or in teams of 1v1 or 2v2.
In the singleplayer/co-op campaign you have to clear your way through 5 different dimensions with unique enemies, bosses, and environments. You level up your character by slaying evil monsters and getting better and better items.
- Pixel art graphics
- 1-4 players (co-op, versus)
- Online co-op and versus mode
- Procedurally generated loot
- 5 different worlds to explore
- 11 playable characters with different gameplay
- Cross-platform multiplayer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
45. Space Robinson
Space Robinson is a thrilling adventure of an engineer on a distant planet.
The intergalactic corporation VALUE sends you to repair the drilling rigs in colony number 21. A colorful planet, a friendly population, an ocean of resources... What could possibly go wrong?
Explore the procedurally generated locations of the distant planet filled with secret caches and valuable resources!
Fight dangerous enemies that lie in wait for you day and night!
Survive in the wilderness, collect resources, build protective turrets and craft ammunition!
Will this all help you get home? It depends on you!FEATURES
HARDCOREYou can always choose a way to die, be it enemies, traps, or the night! Fight, level up, unlock new guns and victory will be just around the corner!CRAFTNeed a gun that shoots lightning? Or need a first aid kit? It’s up to you to decide what to use in battle today! Collect resources and craft your dream loot!
BUILDINGDo you like to meet the sunrise, wrapped up in a blanket by the fire? Forget it! Build protective turrets to survive the harsh alien nights!BOTSSomeone has set up serious fortifications, but this isn’t an obstacle for your bots! Collect bot-assistants and destroy caches!
GENERATIONStart over and over again to find a way out! Explore all the locations to escape from this damned planet!
CryoFall is Sci-Fi multiplayer survival game set on a forgotten planet in a distant future.DescriptionWelcome to the world of CryoFall, where a catastrophic crash landing has stranded you — and dozens of others — millions of light-years from home, trapped on a hostile planet and in constant danger.
Your only hope for survival is to make use of the resources around you as you develop your skills and technology to conquer this new land, tame its harsh wilderness and build a new life for you and those who have found themselves marooned on CryoFall.
Together with dozens of other survivors you can create your own cities, establish active economy, industry and agriculture, or pillage what other survivors managed to put together.Features
- Complex crafting and industrial system, including oil refining & lithium extraction
- Various stages of technological progress (primitive, industrial, modern, post-modern, sci-fi)
- Farming with complex crop growth simulation, fertilizers, etc. & diverse cooking options
- Wide range of player interactions and roles with meaningful specialization options emphasizing meaningful interactions, rather than just combat
- Economy with coin minting, complex trading and automated vending machines managed by players
- Carefully hand-crafted maps and locations (+ map editor)
- Storyline elements discovered through exploration
- Diverse environments with several biomes (temperate, desert, tropical, boreal, wasteland, etc.)
- In-house developed Renkei Engine™, allowing hundreds of players on the same server
- Complex character simulation with several dozens of status effects (e.g. bleeding, poisoning, radiation, etc.)
- Extensive modding capabilities, including real-time code editing
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1489843089DevelopmentThe game is in active development and new features added monthly with each new version release!
ZombieThon is an arcade shoot ‘em up, with the goal of each mission being to survive as long as possible and to use any means to do so. Upgrades could come in the form of bouncing bullets, split shot, or even a few special upgrades that are nothing short of a natural disaster.
- Single-player mode, for those that like a challenge.
- 2 to 4 PLAYERS in Scaling Online Multiplayer.
- Lots of different upgrades and combos for your weapons.
- Special bullet abilities.
- Unlockable characters in each level.
- Unique character abilities.
- 3 maps with more on the way.
- Infinitely scaling waves.
48. Polygon Attack
The game based on saving the Earth from complete termination by aliens. You are the only one who decided to go against the army of enemy spaceships. Get ready to maintain continuos fire against enemy. Use your agility to destroy a hole bunch of foes. Break through unlimited waves of enemies, fight unpredictable bosses, summon your allies for help.
- variety of weapons with unique characteristics and effects
- weapon and equipment upgrade system
- unique awards and bonuses for destroying enemies
- each enemy needs his own approach
- convenient control for gamepad or mouse
- unique graphics inspired by the "Vectrex" game console and carefully recreated on modern hardware
KeeperRL is an ambitious dungeon simulator with roguelike and RPG elements. Take the role of an evil wizard and study the methods of black magic. Equip your minions and explore the world, murder innocent villagers and burn their homes. Build your dungeon, lay traps and prepare for an assault of angry heroes.
When you control your minions the game changes into a classic roguelike, with turn-based and very tactical combat. You can also play as an adventurer and assault dungeons made by you or other players.Dungeon management You will dig deep into the mountain and build dozens of rooms, corridors and traps. Your minions will train and produce weapons and armor. Prisoners will be tortured. You will research new technologies like alchemy, beast mutation and sorcery.Roguelike mechanics The world is simulated on a very detailed level. Creatures use equipment and consumable items. There are dozens of special items, spells, attributes and special attacks. You can cut off heads and limbs and blind or poison your enemies. If you're not careful with fire, you can burn an entire forest or even your own dungeon.Large, procedurally generated maps In your neighborhood you'll find castles, villages, other dungeons and special locations. Slay heroes, dragons and witches for their loot. Every game you play will be different.Online map sharing Download dungeons made by other players and explore them as an adventurer.
50. Siralim 3
The King of Siralim, tainted by an unknown force, has brought war to the lands of Rodia, capturing all of the country's kingdoms and slaughtering their people in the process. Now, only one kingdom remains that can stand against this unlikely adversary: Nex. As the king (or queen) of Nex, it is your job to fight back against Siralim's tyranny and return peace to Rodia once more.
If you're in a hurry, we've written a short list of features Siralim 3 has to offer. You can read about each feature in more detail by scrolling down past this list.
- Collect and breed over 700 different creatures to fight for you.
- Explore randomly generated dungeons with 15 unique tilesets.
- Craft artifacts and spell gems to equip your creatures for battle.
- Infinite playability - there's not even a level cap. New features are introduced well-beyond the 100-hour mark. You'll never run out of things to do!
- Rich end-game content, including Itherian Realms, super-bosses, arena battles, asynchronous player-versus-player, and much more!
- Content updates and patches are planned for after the game launches.
- Take part in our community, contribute your suggestions, and let's create the ultimate monster taming game together!
Your primary goal in this game is to collect creatures to fight for you. There are over 700 in total, and each one has a unique trait that improves its abilities in battle.
You can acquire new creatures either by finding them in the wild, or by breeding two of your own creatures to make them lay an egg. For example, you can create a Gula Sin by breeding together a Wyvern Sonicscreecher and an Aaxer Apocalypse.
Keep your eyes open for ultra-rare "Singular" creatures, which are creatures that have a unique color scheme compared to their normal counterparts.
Each creature also has its own lore that you can read about in the library. In total, our creature lore contains more than 55,000 words. That's the size of a novel!
Take your creatures into randomly generated dungeons called "Realms". There, you'll fight against enemies that can be killed to increase your creatures' experience points, as well as drop resources and items that you can use to further improve your party.
There are 15 different tilesets for Realms, and each Realm offers exclusive creatures, quests, events, and much more.
Your creatures can equip items called Spell Gems, which allow them to cast the spells contained in these gems. You can enchant these Spell Gems to add new properties to them which change the way the spell works. For example, you can customize the type of damage the spell does, or cause the spell to activate an additional effect after a creature casts it.
There are over 300 Spell Gems to find in the game, and over 20 properties that you can add to each spell. The possibilities are endless!
Each of your creatures can also equip an Artifact. Artifacts are items that grant the equipped creature a wide array of bonuses. These bonuses range anywhere from a simple boost to their attacks, all the way to granting them new traits and spells.
Artifacts have randomly generated properties, but you can also utilize over 1000 different crafting materials to add, remove, or modify these properties. Different creatures work better with different properties, so you'll need to experiment to figure out what works best for your team!
There's an insane amount of rare items and accomplishments to collect. Here's a brief list... and believe it or not, this doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.
- Cards - these rare items have a small chance to drop from enemies after you defeat them. They grant bonuses to you and your creatures just by having them in your inventory. It will take a long time to find all of the 700+ cards in the game!
- Talismans - these work a lot like Cards in that they provide you with passive bonuses. However, by completing certain end-game content, you can upgrade your Talismans to improve the bonus and even unlock new powers!
- Favor - There are 15 gods in the game, and you can increase your favor with each one. As you do so, you'll unlock new game features, creatures, items, and more!
- Knowledge - the more you defeat a certain creature, the more knowledgeable you'll become about it, which unlocks new bonuses when you're fighting against that creature. Eventually, you'll be able to see a creature's health/mana bars in battle, view their lore in the library, deal additional damage to them, gain more experience points and resources by defeating them, and increase their chance to drop their Card.
- Singular Creatures - each creature in the game has a "Singular" counterpart. Singular Creatures are extremely difficult to find and have a unique color palette.
- Achievements - the game has hundreds of achievements for you to collect. When you earn an achievement, you'll gain some Achievement Points which improve the quality and quantity of loot you'll find during your travels.
- Wardrobe and Titles - you can unlock new costumes for your character to wear (such as a chef's uniform), as well as titles that change your name (so you might go from being called "King James" to "James the Drunk"). Wardrobes and titles can be seen by other players when you participate in asynchronous player-versus-player battles.
Don't you hate when a good game comes to an end? We do too. That's why Siralim 3 never truly ends.
There's not even a level cap. You can continue leveling your character and creatures forever, all while still finding new challenges waiting for you just around the corner. We've crafted every game mechanic around players who want to someday accumulate hundreds, if not thousands of hours of playtime.
Completing the game's main story quests is just the beginning. After that, you'll unlock countless new systems to keep you entertained for hundreds of hours to come.
Here's a brief list of some of the game's end-game content, but again, there's so much more to this game than we can possibly write here.
- Itherian Realms - these work like normal Realms (as we described earlier), except these have randomly generated properties that change the way the enemies or even the Realm itself behaves. You can acquire and upgrade Talismans in Itherian Realms in order to bolster your party. You can even find the elusive Itherian Creatures here, which are rare creatures that have unique traits you won't find anywhere else.
- Tavern Brawls - fight against other players' creatures in asynchronous player-versus-player combat. You can earn exclusive Spell Gems and other items if you win!
- End-Game Quests - a never-ending supply of quests and missions for you to complete long after you experience the main storyline quests.
- Super Bosses - we can't spoil what these are or how they work here, but rest assured that you'll face plenty of grueling challenges by fighting these bosses... and you'll be handsomely rewarded if you manage to win.
- Arena - draft a team of creatures and see how many enemies you can take down before your party is wiped out.
- More is on the way! We're committed to bringing content updates that include tons of awesome, end-game content after the game launches.
Q: Do I need to play Siralim or Siralim 2 before playing Siralim 3? Are the stories related in any way?
A: Siralim 3 is a completely standalone game, and for that reason, you should have no problems playing it without playing the other games first. While the stories in Siralim 2 and 3 are intertwined, they can still be enjoyed independently. In short, there's something for new and old players alike!
Q: What's new from Siralim 2?
A: We already listed most of the new features elsewhere on this page, but if you're looking for a more concise list, check out the FAQ on our website!
Q: What platforms is Siralim 3 available on?
A: It will be available on Steam (PC/Mac/Linux), Android, iOS, Playstation 4, and possibly Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. We'll release the game in the following order: PC, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, PlayStation 4, Xbox/Switch. We do not have any ETAs on release dates for any of these platforms, but we will make an announcement when we do.
Categories in common with Siralim 3: Role Playing