The best games like Guacamelee! Gold Edition are:
- arrow_rightDead Cells
- arrow_rightGuacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
- arrow_rightDOOM II
- arrow_rightThe Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
- arrow_rightCyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online | 四女神オンライン CYBER DIMENSION NEPTUNE | 四女神ONLINE 幻次元遊戲戰機少女
- arrow_rightLost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery
- arrow_rightSerious Sam: The First Encounter
100 Best Games Like Guacamelee! Gold Edition:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (37)
- PlayStation 4 (50)
- iOS (39)
- Android (21)
- macOS (84)
- Linux (50)
- Nintendo Switch (40)
- Nintendo 3DS (10)
- Nintendo DS (4)
- Xbox 360 (19)
- Xbox (3)
- PlayStation 3 (22)
- PlayStation 2 (5)
- PlayStation (10)
- PS Vita (11)
- PSP (5)
- Wii U (13)
- Wii (9)
- GameCube (2)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (7)
- Game Boy Color (1)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (3)
- NES (4)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Apple II (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (6)
- Atari ST (2)
- Atari Lynx (1)
- Genesis (4)
- SEGA Saturn (3)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
- 3DO (1)
- Game Gear (1)
- Web (1)
1. Dead Cells
Dead Cells is a roguelike adventure title developed by Motion Twin.
Not much story is present in the game, as only bits of any information are given out to the players. The game takes place at a remote island, where the players take place of the Prisoner. The Prisoner does not speak, yet he can express confusion and frustration using his body language. The Prisoner is basically immortal, as, in case of death, his head disconnects itself from the Prisoner's body, and gets back to the game's starting area.
The game's heavily inspired by The Binding of Isaac, as stated by the developers.
Dead Cells features the procedurally generated environments that are typical for roguelike games, yet it puts a strong emphasis on exploration that is typically found in metroidvanias.
The players set out to explore the island where a prison was built. As the players come down into the dungeons of the island, they find various loot, fight dangerous creatures, collect armor, abilities, and power-ups. Upon death, the players lose all the loot they had on them. It is possible to find a shopkeep somewhere in the dungeons to purchase new equipment or have some rest.
The game uses death as a learning experience, as it randomizes the placement of enemies, so the players can't take multiple attempts to complete a level. The developers want the player to examine the enemy behavior and learn how to combat the enemies themselves.
2. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Guacamelee! is strongly inspired by colorful Mexican aesthetics and folklore. Your protagonist, Juan Aguacate, used to be a regular farmer until one day he found a magic mask of a Luchador, that is, a Mexican wrestler. His mission is to save El Presidente's daughter who was captured by evil Carlos Calaca. The villain wants her as a sacrifice to open the gates to the World of the Dead. In a cooperative mode, Juan is aided by female luchador Tostada.
Despite being a traditional Metroidvania platformer, Guacamelee! is also, surprisingly, an open-world game. You can go in any direction in this 2D world. For example, if you climb down, this counts as going south on the map. Action in Guacamelee! is inspired by fighting games like Mortal Kombat, and the controls are very responsive. The monsters are varied and very Mexican: they include traditional Dia de Los Muertos skeletons, feral armadillos, and evil cacti.
The Super Turbo Championship Edition adds several new features, such as Intenso mode that makes your characters way stronger for a short amount of time. Health bars above your opponents' heads are introduced. This edition also features new enemies, levels, and even a new boss in this edition.
3. DOOM II
The game from the legendary programmers John Carmack and John Romero, who worked together with American McGee, on the first-person shooter game that will run on anything: from mobile devices to engineering calculators. The game became the second in the series Doom, received improved multiplayer, graphics and improved optimization.
Gameplay-wise game is not so different from its predecessor. The developers decided to take advantage of the progress of the computer hardware to fine-tune their game engine. The player still took control of the nameless space marine, which traveled through 30 non-linear levels. A level is considered to be completed after the player finds the coded doors. A rich arsenal of weapons and a variety of models of enemies will not get bored.
The plot continues the story of the first part: after defeating the invasion of demons on the moons of Mars and returning from Hell, the protagonist finds the Earth captured by the creatures that he just conquered. A solo company can be fashioned alone, and in multiplayer, to battle with friends today: for the game, there is a huge amount of third-party mods to play online without using of archaic dial-up connection.
Supports Xbox Play Anywhere: Yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost!
From the legendary creator Keiji Inafune and the makers of Metroid Prime comes "ReCore", an action-adventure masterfully crafted for a new generation.
As one of the last remaining humans on a planet controlled by robotic foes bent on your destruction, you must forge friendships with a courageous group of robot companions, each with unique abilities and powers. Lead this band of unlikely heroes on an epic adventure through a mysterious, dynamic world.
You can’t save mankind alone.
5. The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
Create your own paradox… for the love of pie
Enter a macabre and comical silent world filled with mischief, time travel and delicious pie. Record yourself and harness your time bending abilities to cooperate, compete against, and disrupt your past present and future selves. Winterbottom’s debut misadventures present a whimsical spin on the notions of time, space and play.
Join Winterbottom on his award winning debut Misadventures as he travels through over 80 unique puzzles. Winterbottom causes mischief and mayhem in pursuit of the mysterious and elusive Chronoberry Pie on his spectacular journey through space-time.
6. Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online | 四女神オンライン CYBER DIMENSION NEPTUNE | 四女神ONLINE 幻次元遊戲戰機少女
In this hack 'n' slash adventure co-developed with Tamsoft and Compile Heart, everyone's favorite four Goddesses enter an online fantasy game world inspired by... themselves! Choose from 12 characters, each with a unique playstyle to fight in 4-person realtime brawls, unleash devastating Awakening Skills, customize with tons of cosmetic accessories, and even play online with others!
- 4 Person Dungeon Raids - You'll never go it alone in the dungeons when you've got 3 other party members! Team up to exterminate dungeon fodder in this hack 'n' slash adventure! And change the player you control whenever you want!
- You CAN Cast that Here - Be prepped for any situation when you can map multiple skills to each face button, and max out your meter to unleash a flashy "Awakening Skill" that will devastate those who cross you!
- +10 to Fashion - Show off tons of cosmetic gear that can be resized, rotated, and placed anywhere! Ever seen a mustachioed fairy pirate DJ? Now you can!
- Nep_Main Joined your Party - Play online with up to three other people for extra loot and harder enemies, plus use the in-game chat feature to really make it feel like an MMO! (It's not.)
Categories in common with Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online | 四女神オンライン CYBER DIMENSION NEPTUNE | 四女神ONLINE 幻次元遊戲戰機少女: Role Playing
7. Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery
A BRAND NEW MAGICAL ADVENTURE!
Shortly before his coronation, the young prince Fern disappears with a mysterious girl. The royal protectress and teacher is tasked to track him down and bring home.
VISIT MYSTERIOUS LOCATIONS!
The quest to find the heir will lead the protagonist through dreamlike woods, full of magical places and creatures.
COMPLEX LABIRYNTHS AND PUZZLES!
She will face intricate hidden object puzzles and elaborate labyrinths in order to reach her goal.
ENGROSSING INTRIGUE AND CHARACTERS!
The teacher will also encounter some unusual characters and face the malicious Drosera to discover the secret of the curse that befell the kingdom.
ALCHEMY AGAINST DARK MAGIC!
Using the knowledge of alchemical arcana, the protectress will do everything in her power to save prince Fern from the looming mortal threat. Will she succeeed? The future of the kingdom is in your hands!
FeaturesEmbark on a new magic-filled adventure!
Travel through 31 mysterious locations!
Solve complex puzzles and navigate labyrinths!
Meet fascinating characters!
Use your alchemy skills to save the prince!
8. Serious Sam: The First Encounter
There were times when first person shooters were much simpler than now. There wasn't so much going on with the story or plot but rather the main purpose of shooters was nothing more but shooting. Serious Sam: The First Encounter, made by Croteam, was no different. It was the first game in the series. The difference from other first-person shooters of that time was slightly different setting. This time – not hell, or space but never-ending dunes of Egypt. The game is well-known for its design choices and enemy behavior - to run in big waves directly to a player. The story of the game is about extraterrestrial being named Mental who wants to destroy humanity and alien race called Sirians who left lots of artefacts to be discovered by humans. Humans in order to survive choose to use "Time-Lock" - an ancient Sirian artefact in hopes to kill Mental's army of grotesque monsters. Humanity chooses its last resort – brave and strong man named Sam "Serious" Stone who is the main protagonist of the game and only he has the honor to use "Time-Lock" against aliens.
9. Scribblenauts Unlimited
The fourth game in the Scribblenauts series follows the same basic mechanics as the previous three. You play as Max, who owns a magic notebook. Scribe any word in it, and it becomes real (of course, only if the word you wrote describes a particular object). The game will understand your written words and create interactive in-game objects. They are used to solve puzzles, which earns you Starites, the ultimate goal of the game. The ability to summon any imaginable item gives you an almost unlimited number of ways you can solve any puzzle.
Scribblenauts Unlimited features a way more detailed plot than its predecessors. There's an extensive backstory that explains the protagonist's motivation in gathering Starites. We learn that Max and his sister Lily played pranks on people using their magic notebook until it got them into trouble. One day they unknowingly played a trick against an old wizard. He grew angry and magically turned Lily into stone. Max can only save his sister by gathering enough Starites. Unlike previous parts, this game is set in an open, albeit cartoonish, world, that gradually opens to you as you gather more Starites. The tasks are now assigned by the NPCs, and Starites are given as a reward for help. Thus, they serve as the proof that Max has corrected his behavior.
10. Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine is a top-down stealth and action game, which provides players with both single and multiplayer experience. The main storyline is divided into four parts: the first three follow the characters, while the last one is played for the police side. To start another “big score” players have to select one of eight available characters. Each character has different skills and special abilities, so the squad should be appropriately chosen in advance. From the very beginning, players are able to assume the roles of four criminals: the Locksmith, the Cleaner, the Lookout, and the Pickpocket. The remaining four – the Mole, the Gentleman, the Redhead, and the Hacker – will be unlocked during the further game progress. The gameplay is about completing levels in multiple ways depending on the players’ character choice. Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine gives an opportunity to dive into the crime world and participate in heists and robberies throughout the world alone or in co-operation up to four players.
11. SteamWorld Dig 2
In SteamWorld Dig 2, you step into the boots of Dorothy, a steambot once robbed of her dear friend – now driven by the hunger for answers.
Buckle up, grab your gear, and get ready to dig into the highly anticipated sequel to the original SteamWorld Dig!
SteamWorld Dig 2 takes you on a platform mining adventure forged in Metroidvania flames. When an old trading town is struck by mysterious earthquakes, it’s up to a lone steambot and her unlikely companion to uncover what trembling terrors lie beneath.
- Dig your way underground and explore vivid worlds riddled with treasure, secrets and traps.
- Combat dangerous enemies at every turn of the underworld’s twisted paths, including shadowy creatures and the haunted remains of an ancient electrical threat.
- Upgrade your gear to forge deeper into the earth and take on bigger challenges.
- Swing across large chasms with your Hookshot and fly through caves with the Jet Engine!
- And finally, learn the truth about your long lost friend…
12. METAL SLUG
Metal Slug, is a run and gun video game developed and originally released by Nazca Corporation and later published by SNK. It was originally released in 1996 for the Neo Geo MVS arcade platform. The game is widely known for its sense of humor, fluid hand-drawn animation, and fast-paced two-player action. It is the first title in the Metal Slug series. It has been ported to the Neo Geo AES, Neo Geo CD, Sega Saturn, PlayStation, Virtual Console, PlayStation Network, iOS, Android and Neo Geo X, and to the Wii, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 4 (as part of the Metal Slug Anthology) and Nintendo Switch.
13. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is an action platform game, the third installment in WayForward’s Shantae series.
The game follows the half-genie Shantae and takes place after an event of the Shantae: Risky’s Revenge. The main heroine abandons her genie powers and stars adjusting to the life of a regular human being. One day she comes across the previous game’s antagonist, a pirate named Risky Boots that tells her about evil and fearsome tyrant Pirate Master sealed long ago by genies wants to revive himself using Dark Magic. Now Shantae must form an unexpected alliance with her past rival to stop Pirate Master.
Regarding gameplay, Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse shares many similarities with previous games in the series. It is a 2D side-scroller that is not divided into several levels but rather takes place in one interconnected world. The game mostly consists of fighting enemies, solving puzzles, platforming sections, interacting with different NPC that can give you quests or sell useful items. Since Shantae abandoned her genie powers, in this game you do not use magic abilities, instead of throughout the game you collect different pirate items such as a pistol, a pirate hat, pirate boots, scimitar, and cannon. Each of them gives player new abilities that help in combat, puzzle solving or open previously closed areas of the game world.
14. Road Not Taken
Road Not Taken is an indie isometric adventure game developed by Spry Fox.
The game's story is a new spin on a poem of the same name by Robert Frost. It tells about a stranger who stands by a fork in the road. The main character takes one path, comforting himself that he'll take another route the other day. Yet he knows that it is highly unlikely that such an opportunity will be available for the protagonist.
You play as a forester, that arrives at a distant snowy town. Your objective is to save the children, that got lost in the forest. You have a fifteen-year career in front of you, which each level being one year. The forest surrounding you changes every year.
In order to save the children, you have to take them back to their mothers. To progress deeper into the forest, the players have to combine several trees, rocks or sometimes even deer. Each passage through the forest has its own requirements.
Carrying the objects requires energy. There are predators and spirits in the forest. Every one of them can take some bit of energy away from you.
A crafting system is present in the game. As you get to know more recipes, the world around you gets to be more logical.
The player can interact with the characters in the time. If the player shares items, that were found on the levels, these characters can reward them with special loot.
15. The Sexy Brutale
The Sexy Brutale is a puzzle-adventure game with investigation elements.
The game takes place in a luxurious mansion called The Sexy Brutale where a big masquerade party occurs. The story follows Lafcadio Boone — a preacher who becomes a witness of the series of mysterious murders and finds out that the mansion is stuck in a 12 hours long time loop.
A mysterious woman appears and gives Boone an ability to pull himself out of this anomaly by manipulating the time inside with magical pocket watch. Now Lafcadio must save his friends from the death and identify the killer.
The game is divided into several 12-hour periods. In each of them, your goal is to save one of the guests from the murderer. You explore the mansion, discover its secrets and learn about the partygoers. Because of your abilities to avoid the effects of the time loop, you have to sneak behind the guests without being seen. The gameplay heavily focuses on the puzzle-solving. To save the partygoers, you usually have to investigate the murder set, decide which objects you can manipulate to prevent the crime, rewind the time and execute your plan without being noticed. With every character saved, Boone gets new powers that improve his skills such as lockpicking or hearing. The game has a secret ending that you can unlock by collecting all of the 52 hidden cards.
16. Nidhogg 2
The wurm has returned and it must feed! Shed your garments and paint the walls with the flesh of your enemies, for only one can be worthy of sacrifice.
The rules are simple. Reach the other side and kill anyone that stands in your way. Deftly parry and rend their throats, riddle their bowels with arrows, or squish their brains between your toes. The wurm cares not for chivalry.
Sequel to the indie hit of 2014, Nidhogg 2 builds upon the award-winning gameplay of its predecessor with new weapons to wield and levels to master, head-to-toe character customization, and the captivatingly grotesque art of Toby Dixon.
And, with music from artists including Mux Mool, Geotic, Doseone, Osborne, and Daedelus, Nidhogg 2 has a soundtrack so good that even the menu screens are awesome.Game Features:
- Challenge the AI or a friend in 1v1 combat.
- Fight for the top seat in 8-player tournaments.
- Master the distinctive traits of four weapons.
- Get stylish with full character customization.
- Ten stages from castles to Nidhogg innards.
- Alter the rules with over 10 different game variables.
- Go online with matchmaking and private games.
17. Hyperdrive Massacre
Hyperdrive Massacre is an 80s inspired local multiplayer fragfest for up to 4 players. Players take control of a space cadillac and frag their way to victory against friends or can also play against AI. Both modes allow players to unlock a full crew roster. Submachine guns, sniper rifles, frag grenades, homing missiles and bullet deflectors are just some of the tools player can use to create havoc.note: This Game Requires A Controller.
Hperdrive Massacre is best played on a couch. Although its content is family-friendly, it also makes for an excellent drinking game.
- 3 solo and local multiplayer game modes: Deathmatch, Death Race, Last Man Standing.
- Plus 3 local-multiplayer-only game modes: Team Deathmatch, Space Soccer and Spong
- Local Multiplayer up to 4 players
- 8 Unique battle arenas
- 16 space enabled muscle cars, each manned by its own whacky crew
- 10 instant power up weapons each allowing a different play style
- Viciously challenging AI for when your friends are not around
- Rocking original sound track
18. Beat Cop
New York, more like a beast than a city. Explore it’s darkest corners and uncover its secrets as Jack Kelly, a former detective who has been framed for a murder. Degraded and forgotten by old pals, it’s your last chance to find the truth behind this whole terrible mess. The thing is, your new boss treats you like shit, your wife is a money sucking spawn from hell and the local mafia wants your head on a plate. I guess you could say, that things are complicated down here, in the middle of Brooklyn. Oh, and don't forget about writing tickets, reprimanding pedestrians & such. You're a beat cop after all.
NONLINEAR STORY WITH MULTIPLE ENDINGSSomeone framed you and no one gives a rat’s ass about this but you. Turn every stone in this city and find out who did that. The further you investigate the more missing puzzles you’ll find, but be careful. Some things should never be brought to daylight.
THE ESSENCE OF '80 COP SHOWSHave you ever dreamed of being one of the heroes of cop movies? Of course you did, like we all. Now you have a chance! Be sexier than Sonny Crocket and tougher than Dirty Harry. And if witty comebacks won’t work, you can always do some old school ass kicking. It’s ’80s after all!
THE HUMOR THAT YOUR MOM WOULDN'T APPROVEBe sarcastic. Be gloom. Be whatever you want. There are thousands of things in this world you can laugh at, and even more you shouldn’t, but who cares. It’s jungle out there baby, and sometimes you just need something to release the stress.
19. Streets of Rogue
Streets of Rogue is a rogue-lite about player choice, freedom, and anarchic fun. The game takes inspiration from fast-paced top-down rogue-lites like Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne, and adds free-form, experimentation-driven, emergent gameplay elements of RPGs like Deus Ex.
Rather than taking place in a dungeon, the game is set in a functioning, procedurally generated city, where complex AI informs denizens from all walks of life, who are just trying to get by in their daily activities.
In order to progress, the player will need to accomplish specific mission goals in any way they see fit through use of their special character traits, items, and the environment.
Will you play as a soldier who shoots first and asks questions later?
A stealthy scientist who uses chloroform and tranquilizer darts to silently take down the opposition?
A genial bartender who can talk his way past the most intimidating of guards?
Or how about a hyper-intelligent gorilla, rescuing other caged gorillas to form a small mobilized gorilla army?
The Mighty Feature-List
Play the game YOUR way! Don’t want to kill anybody? That’s cool! Want to hack computers? Got ya covered!
Random world generation and TOTALLY EXTREME gameplay variety means you can play for 600 hours and not get bored! Seriously though, go outside!!!
Super-advanced artificial intelligence that won’t put up with your crap! Outsmart these virtual humans and feel superior to your computer!
Play as over 20 (and growing!) wildly different types of characters! Bartender, scientist, hacker, gorilla — hey, your job is probably in there too!
Stupidly huge variety of items! Shrink rays, hypnotizing devices, boomboxes, bear traps, food processors.. Oh, and guns too.
4-Player online and local cooperative modes lets you brutalize goons AND loneliness!
Lead a gang, free slaves, drink beer, gib ghosts, become a vampire, shrink people and stomp on them. The most insanely varied game ever made.
20. TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT
Shell City is plunged into a state of emergency after coming under attack from the devastating forces of PHANTOM. Terrifying war machines, emblazoned with skulls, tear through the city leaving a trail of destruction in their wake! As the National Army struggle to contain PHANTOM, General Krenman sees the mammoth task at hand and calls upon the only thing that stands between Shell City’s obliteration and its salvation; the peanut chompin’, villain stompin’, PHANTOM romping BADASS Elephantidae…TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT! Aided by his faithful avian companion Picolo, it’s up to TEMBO to jump, smash, punch, swing, and butt stomp his way through the PHANTOM hordes as he aims to bring about the end of their tyrannical onslaught. Featuring 18 cleverly designed 2D side-scrolling levels, a whole host of deadly enemies and a unique comic book style art, TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT is the heaviest action adventure of the year…weighing in at about seven and a half tons of fun.
21. METAL SLUG XX
METAL SLUG XX blasts off on Steam!
METAL SLUG XX was originally released on PlayStation®Portable in 2009 and PlayStation®4 in 2018 as part of the classic 2D run-and-gun action shooting game series from SNK, and now returns to service on Steam with graphics upscaled to 1080p and 4k screen resolution support! Moreover, Leona Heidern, who was a paid DLC character in the original PSP® game, is now playable for free and from the get-go!
■7 missions of intense action! Hidden routes for endless replayability!
7 missions of breathtaking action, charismatic characters, Slug vehicles, and a variety of other content await players in METAL SLUG XX. Branching paths are also hidden throughout the stages for those who want to play and clear METAL SLUG XX to completion!
■New military classes and return of the fan-favorite “Combat School”!
Challenge more than 70 mini games prepared by a beautiful instructor, and clear them all to reach the legendary and devilish “Super Devil” military rank! Get promoted to acquire a mobile satellite that will assist you during your missions!
■Leona playable from the start! 7 soldiers ready for battle!
In addition to the traditional METAL SLUG characters such as Marco Rossi, Tarma Roving, Eri Kasamoto, and Fio Germi, Ralf Jones and Clark Still from KOF’s Ikari Team have also been recruited for this mission! Also from the Ikari Team, Leona Heidern, who was a paid DLC character in the original PSP® version of METAL SLUG XX, will also now be playable from the start. Are you ready to stop every enemy attack via her powerful “Moon Slasher” special ability!?
■Tons of hours of gameplay with achievements!
METAL SLUG XX features no fewer than 34 achievements. Players can also enjoy the co-op local play with their friends!
Get ready for endless hours of intense action and fun with METAL SLUG XX on Steam! Rocket Lawnchair!
22. In Space We Brawl
In Space We Brawl is a frantic couch twin-stick shooter in which you challenge friends in fast-paced space battles for up to 4 players.
Choose a spaceship and a weapon: there are more than 150 available combinations! Will you humiliate your friends with a fast ship? Or will you choose shields and armor instead? Prove your skill with laser cannons and plasma swords, flame launchers, guided missiles...
Don't be afraid to experiment! With its single player missions, the Academy will turn you into a true ace.
8 different areas of the galaxy await, each with its own dangers: black holes, exploding asteroids, even alien nests!
The local multiplayer of In Space We Brawl is both exciting and unforgiving. Play in a free for all or in teams, you can even put a bounty on your rivals' heads! Are you ready to brawl?
23. The Hong Kong Massacre
The Hong Kong Massacre is a fast paced top-down shooter set in the city of Hong Kong. Inspired by Hong Kong action movies the game let's the player engage in hard-boiled gunfights around the city, in levels ranging from restaurants to building rooftops.
The game features slow motion and dive/dodge mechanics to aid the player engage in epic gunfights. Every shot is deadly so there is no room for mistakes.
Each level contains not only enemies to kill but also different challenges for the player to complete that unlocks weapons and upgrades.
24. Hot Lava
The floor is lava!
Hot Lava transports you back to your childhood imagination. Relive those moments of excitement, joy and chaos. Traverse distinct worlds, from school hallways to the memories of your darkest fears. This is a game of dexterity and ingenuity, you will have to use all your skills to complete the treacherous obstacles that await.
But whatever you do…Don’t Touch The Floor!
25. A Valley Without Wind
A 2D sidescroller without a linear path. An action game with tactical combat and citybuilding. An adventure game that lets you free-roam a vast, procedurally-generated world. A Valley Without Wind defies genre stereotypes. Unlike other procedurally-generated games, you also get a logical progression in difficulty, plus helpful tips and checklists to guide your travels (should you need them).
Choose for yourself how to prepare to face the vastly stronger Overlord. Complete a variety of missions to earn new spells, and/or roam the wilds to uncover secret missions and stashes of magical crafting loot. Customize your characters with unique combinations of enchants and spells that change how you move, jump, and fight. Or rescue people and bring them back to your settlement so that they can then be sent on dispatch missions; you don't have to carry the burden of your fledgling civilization alone!
You choose how to play, and the world adapts around you.Key features:
- Travel alone or with friends across an ever-expanding world of dangerous creatures, powerful magic, high technology, and mysteries.
- You have choice. The world of Environ is a procedurally generated sandbox, and lets you go anywhere you see -- including right into the overlord's keep at any time. (Good luck with that.)
- Environ is endless. When you save one continent from an overlord, a larger and more complex continent appears.
- The game adapts to how you play: as you demonstrate your proficiency, monsters and missions upgrade accordingly. Killed 100 bats? Okay, time for... bats on fire!
- Crazy amounts of character customization. Combine a multitude of spells, enchants, and equipment to create specialized character builds.
- Play as a long line of brave adventurers. It's not a question of IF your character is going to die, but WHEN. Any character that dies is permanently lost, but you keep all your inventory, enchants, and general progress in the game.
- Become a community leader. Rescue NPCs for your settlement, construct buildings for them, and improve their skill and mood -- then send them on dispatch missions to help you in return!
- Be a clever problem-solver. Challenges have more than one solution, each with its own pros and cons. You get to figure things out rather than just jumping through a set of hoops.
- Difficulty levels give exactly the challenge you want, from casual to hardcore on platforming, combat, and citybuilding independently.
- All owners of Valley 1 also get the much-improved sequel absolutely free! Valley 2 is out now, and features a different style of more-focused, non-sandbox play. Both games are quite distinct from one another, but you don’t have to choose between them -- both are yours for the price of one!
26. Shattered Haven
An Environmental Puzzle Game About Family, Grit, and Survival.
Grays roam the land, largely in the absence of human interference. These aren't your typical Zed -- theirs is a very different sort of apocalypse. Animals spontaneously transform into twisted, violent beings. The earth decays, collapsing into a network of abysses. The wilderness thickens.
It has been nine years since That Day when it all started. Pockets of humanity still exist, but are ignorant of one another. Within these isolated havens people try to live as best they can -- for even in a world so broken and dark, daily life must go on.
Darrell and Mary Williams were able to build such a life inside a five-acre fenced yard out in the country. They were even secure enough in their isolated compound that they had a daughter five years after the zombie-like grays appeared.
Life carried on as normally as it could, until another refugee on the run is killed during a nearby attack. Her son is saved and taken in by the Williamses -- who do not realize that this kind action will destroy their home and threaten their entire family. They find themselves caught in the midst of a struggle between two eldritch horrors, and the path to survival is anything but clear.Key Features
- Solve environmental puzzles under pressure. Figure out how to use the tools, traps, and weapons in each level to clear all the Grays.
- Nearly 100 hand-crafted levels with multiple difficulty levels ranging between casual and hardcore, developed end to end by two experienced adventure level designers.
- Complete bonus objectives for higher scores and gold markers.
- Follow the story of Darrell and Mary as they try to save their family from a new and unexpected threat through in-game storytelling and painted-style cutscenes.
- Guide different members of the Williams family through branching story paths that result in one of several endings. Depending on your actions, the story may end very poorly, happily, or anywhere in between.
- Music and sound by composer Pablo Vega provides a chilling atmosphere for players to experience.
- Included level editor: The same editor used to make the main adventure will let you make your own levels, cutscenes, or even entire adventures.
- Local 2-player co-op. Using two gamepads, two players on the keyboard, or any combination of the above.
- Rabi-Ribi Game
- Digital OST (Original Soundtrack)
- Rabi-Ribi Digital Artbook
There never quite seem to be enough bunny girls in the world, so here is another for you aficionados out there. This 2D sidescrolling exploration platformer follows the adventure of Erina, whose humdrum life as a regular rabbit is turned upside-down when she finds herself in an unknown world and turned into a human (with rabbit ears)!
Along the way she meets the cheerful pink-haired fairy, Ribbon, who mysteriously chooses to stay by Erina’s side.
These unwitting heroes embark together on their quest to restore Erina’s life to normalcy, but who knows what troubles lurk, waiting for them…Rabi-Ribi is a 2D exploration platformer that focuses on non-linear gameplay. There will be hints to guide the player along, but they’re never required to follow them, which allows for much greater freedom to—you guessed it—explore.
Players will play as our protagonist Erina, who focuses on close quarters combat. Ribbon the fairy is the ranged attacker who follows Erina’s lead, indirectly controlled by the player.
Erina may be a little rabbit that was turned into a human, but that doesn’t stop her from being capable of some pretty neat moves.
Both Erina and Ribbon’s abilities can be improved by learning new skills and attacks through collecting items and upgrades that are spread throughout the world.
What trinkets and skills to pick up is up to the player; dare you challenge hard mode without any items?
– Retro exploration platformer featuring a bunny girl.
– 4+n difficulty settings for all types of players.
– 9+ main areas and 20+ sub-areas to explore.
– Over 60 items and upgrades.
– Over 20 fully illustrated characters with cutscene illustrations.
– 40+ boss battles, 1000+ attack patterns with Boss Rush Mode to fight some or all of them in a row.
– Post game story and content with speedrun mode which takes out every section of the game where the player cannot control the main character.
– Over 50+ pieces from an original soundtrack.
– English, Chinese and Japanese support.
28. Oniken: Unstoppable Edition
When a global war nearly decimated humankind, an evil military organization called Oniken takes advantage of the situation to dominate and oppress the few remaining survivors. Even though any resistance to this organization seemed hopeless, a small rebel movement organizes strikes against Oniken. One day, a ninja mercenary named Zaku offers his services to the resistance for unknown reasons. His moves are lethal and now he is the resistance's only hope.
Oniken is an action platform game highly inspired by the 1980's, its games and its movies. You can see this not only in the graphics and sound design, but also in Oniken's story and difficulty.
Don't Worry, You Will Die A Lot Of Times.
Every copy of Oniken comes with digital versions of the game manual and the original soundtrack.Features
Graphics, sounds and difficulty from the 8-bit era
Over 18 boss fights
Six missions, three stages each
An extra mission after you beat the game
Boss rush mode
Not difficult enough? Try the new HARDCORE MODE
Full pixelated violence
29. Haunt the House: Terrortown
A side-scrolling action puzzle game starring ghosts!
...What was that sound? Is somebody there?
Leave the dusty halls of an abandoned clock tower to haunt your way through a town in the dead of night! Possess objects with your ghostly soul, to scare people away from a museum, a hospital, a theatre and a cruise ship. Will you be able to scare everyone out and reclaim what has been lost, before the night is over?
- Three free expansions added since launch! Ghost Train, Mansion House and The North Pole!
- A vibrant town with 5 locations to visit, each with it's own musical style and unique objects
- Hundreds of different objects to possess, with several surprising powers each to try
- A beautiful original score featuring world-class live session musicians
- A large cast of townfolk, each with a personality, voice and sense of style
- A secret second goal beyond simply scaring everyone out of town...
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness.
Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell
31. Loot Hero DX
A legendary Dragon is haunting the lands.
Towns are set ablaze, and its magic power resurrects the evil creatures of the world.
A hero is needed to travel to the corners of
the lands and slay the beast to restore peace.
RPG grind-fest! Run, Battle ever harder enemies, Collect XP and Loot, Buy better equipment, Level Up, Do it all over again!Features
- A huge cast of different enemies and bosses
- Tons of different equipment upgrades
- Includes Idle elements where your miners collect gold while you are away from the game
- Lovingly crafted Retro graphics
- Achievements to unlock
- Bestiary to fill out
- Cards to collect
- Controller support
- Possibly infinite gameplay
- Ridiculous amounts of Loot and XP!
32. Dev Guy
Being a developer for games is difficult. It's even harder when you are an indie developer. In Dev Guy, you play the roll of Warren (an independent developer) just trying to get his game on the app store before his game license expires. It sounds simple, but becomes complex quickly when his car goes missing, and his data disappears with it. Will warren get his car back? Join Warren as he tries to retrieve his game data while solving puzzles, hacking other developer's computers, breaking windows, and yelling at his friend Cabe. If you've played classic puzzle adventure games and feel the need for more, this game might be right up your alley. Using the power of the UDK, Dev Guy brings you the most graphically underwhelming game of this year.
33. The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor
"Save the World from Magical Party Crashers"
Packing in a full-fledged story mode with a colorful cast of musically-empowered heroes and villains, The Metronomicon sees you take control a party of eight new masters of the “rhythmic combat arts” to wage musical warfare against a multitude of dance-mongering fiends. Control up to four concurrent heroes as they cast powerful spells, buff their teammates, and beat down their enemies with a variety of magical loot and groovin’ dance moves. The effectiveness of your team is all in the rhythm, so put on your dancing pants, light up dad’s disco ball, and prepare your body for The Metronomicon. Oh, and did I mention couch co-op? Because nothing's better than an armored dance partner.
"Power Up Your Dancing, Moves, and Gear"
Would you like a side of RPG to your rhythm game? Too bad, because you're getting TWO MAIN COURSES. Hunt for epic loot, unlock new stylin' dance spells, and recruit new heroes to join your party. Tank, heal, buff, and dish out the damage in real-time musical combat to conquer your foes.
"Check Out My Mixtape"
The Metronomicon features a fantastic, ear-blistering soundtrack featuring some of the hottest electronic, synthwave, chiptune and indie artists, including an exclusive track from Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, an unreleased track from Shiny Toy Guns, along with tracks from YACHT, Perturbator, J-Punch, Dj CUTMAN, and many, many more. We're also always adding new music, so the party never ends!
"Play Until Your Ears Turn Pointy"
Game modes you ask? We got: Story, Arena, Freeplay and Daily Challenges. But wait, there's more... But, you've gotta discover those yourself. "The Metronomicon features a fantastic, fully-licensed soundtrack featuring some of the hottest electronic, synthwave, chiptune and indie artists, including an exclusive track from Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, an unreleased track from Shiny Toy Guns, along with tracks from YACHT, Perturbator, J-Punch, Dj CUTMAN, and many, many more. As much a soundscape as it is a soundtrack, the music behind The Metronomicon is set to be every bit as varied and exciting as the gameplay itself.
34. Choice Chamber
Choice ChamberA crowd-sourced action game designed for livestreaming where viewers play along via the chat to change the game in realtime as you play. Players constantly give feedback that changes how the game evolves, from power ups and enemies to obstacles and rule changes. The game world is procedurally generated based on viewer input, wildly changing the difficulty and surprises each time you play.The Features!
- Easily connect to your Twitch channel to get viewers playing along!
- Works with any number of players, from 1 to infinity (there's also an offline mode)
- 2-Player local co-op (both online and offline modes)
- Unlockable weapons, powers, characters, secrets! o.o
- Dozens of Achievements, Trading Cards
- Music by Jukio Kallio, musician for other indie games like Nuclear Throne, Luftrausers, and many other things!
- The only game to be funded by Twitch!
- Over a million players already!*
35. Epic Clicker Journey
Experience your epic journey. Discover 20 mysterious lands and face the monsters living out there. Gather items and go through training that will allow you to develop your character and increase effectiveness in battle. Force defeated monsters to help you during the mission. Meet the bravest warriors and together conquer the most dangerous lands. Show that you are persistent traveler and held your adventure, even in the toughest conditions.
20 lands are ready to be discovered, each of them has its own unique rules. Expect inexplicable phenomena on a daily basis. It is not everything! Specific environment, weather conditions and exceptionally mild pH of the soil is truly made to promote evil - that is why traversing across the lands is so dangerous. Be careful, scary monsters are to be found at every step. But…what cannot be done to save the world!
In each of the lands you will encounter powerful opponents. Do not hesitate to use all available means. Fight bravely to get the treasure that is closely guarded by enemies.
Become the gallant warrior. Collect gold and buy awesome upgrades to your weapons, armor or shield and build your frightening appearance among your enemies.
Do not miss out on the chance to find legendary items and use it against your enemies. Some of them are magical, others more mundane, but surely all worth checking out.
Countless legends came to exist in fog-shrouded lands. They have origin in the bloodiest and most terrifying monsters. Before embarking on your journey, be sure to gather your team. Remember, united we stand, divided we fall!
36. Let Them Come
Let Them Come is a fast paced pixel art shoot ‘em up. Twitchy trigger fingers and focused battle tactics are the order of the day as wave after wave of alien-like creatures try to take you down. Gameplay is simple to pick up but hard to master - only the best of the best will survive to fight another day. With a variety of alien creatures to mow down and cool weapons to do it with, stylish retro backdrops and a hard rockin’ soundtrack, Let Them Come is a fast and furious pixel style shooter on steroids
• LOADOUT CUSTOMIZATION - Upgrade and customize your arsenal as you unlock new items to take down the hordes!
• UNRELENTING ONSLAUGHT - Combat an endless stream of diverse enemies with cunning attack mechanics.
• BOOMBOX - Rock out to the music of your choice as you unleash hell fire on the enemy and collect new mixtapes as you go.
• DYNAMIC LIGHTING – Use tracer fire and explosions tactically to help target the oncoming targets in darker levels
• FEROCIOUS BOSS BATTLES - Face grim odds against terrifying boss creatures in the ultimate level showdown!
• ONLINE LEADERBOARDS – Show off your shooter prowess and boast with friends as you climb to the top of the ladder and become the best of the best!
37. Final Dusk
Final Dusk is a unique combination of puzzle and action game. Each level consists of two distinct phases. First you need to manipulate the environment using multiple powers to create a safe path for Vampire Princess Mina. In the second phase you need to actively protect Mina on her way to her goal. As you advance you'll discover new locations and learn new powers which you must combine to be able to complete each level and learn the story of the princess and her beloved kingdom.
A wicked curse has fallen on the people of the Kingdom of Vempire - everyone has turned to stone! It’s up to Mina, the vampire princess, to travel through her kingdom to the evil witch’s tower to reverse the curse.
- 4 completely unique chapters
- 80 levels
- 4 different powers, each with two modes
- Hand-crafted, logic and action-based puzzles
- Multiple ways to solve the puzzles
- Challenging bosses
- User-friendly interface
- Funny and interesting story
- Lovely manga art style
- Beautiful 2D animations
38. Terrian Saga: KR-17
Within the galaxy on the Carina arm live twin solar systems riddled with conflict: the Terrius system and his brother, the Cyrinus system. These two empires travel so closely together they share multiple planets within their gravitational complex. However, the Cyrians have become embroiled in an interplanetary conflict with the Glortac People’s Resistance. Terrius has begun building military installations in order to better help combat the threat of the GPR. One of these bases, built on the planet Valiant, has been sabotaged. A terrorist has released thousands of killer robots on the Valiant base, destroying all personnel. The Terrius military has determined that this terrorist may have contacts with the GPR. Due to the risk of one of their most powerful military installations and armory falling into the hands of the GPR, Terrius has sent a strike force of 100 advanced KR drones to destroy these evil robots and restore order to the base- all before Valiant makes it’s swing into the Cyrinus system.Features
- Adventure across 65 boards spread over 9 themed zones
- Test your mettle against 8 deadly bosses
- Fire and guide J1M to take out hard to reach enemies, blast open new passages and explore
- Receive important updates and explore the relationship between KR-17 and J1M with in-level dialogue
- Collect Gears, find hidden jetpacks, and race the clock to climb the Steam leaderboards
- Experience varied level design: play through non-linear levels that encourage exploration, along with high intensity action platforming sequences
- Earn Steam Achievements that unlock alterations to your character
39. Swords and Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon
Side-scrolling RTS is back! Swords & Soldiers 2 Shawaramageddon lets you command the Vikings, Demons, and Persian armies. You can take on the campaign or face off against other players in online multiplayer and challenge your friends in custom battles!
Gather gold and mana, send out armies, and support your forces with a wide arsenal of magical spells - all from a side-scrolling perspective. That doesn’t mean Swords & Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon is easy to master: only the most cunning of Chiefs can lead their side to victory! Think you're ready to face the hordes of evil? Prove it in online matchmaking!
- Fresh gameplay - Offering a unique and action-packed take on the strategy genre, this game packs a punch!
- Online Multiplayer - Command your armies, adapt to your opponents, and execute your perfected counter-strategies! Take on the world in online 1v1 multiplayer and climb the leaderboards!
- Extensive single-player campaign - Follow the adventures of Redbeard the Viking fighting as he travels from the Persian deserts to the depths of hell!
- All across the world - Face off while commanding the Viking legion, an army of carpet-riding Persians, or brutish Demons! Each faction features unique tech trees with units, spells, and resource-mechanics!
- Build it your way! - Use the Custom Army feature to conscript an army consisting of your favorite units and spells, and pit them against your friends in a custom game!
- Up for a challenge? - Think you got what it takes? Every campaign mission features a time challenge and bonus objective that will force you to try out new strategies and think on your feet.
- Enlist mighty champions - A wise man once said "When the going gets tough, buy hero units!" Not only do these super units pack a mighty punch on the battlefield, each one of them also offers their own special ability!
- Play while matchmaking - Nobody likes waiting, so we made sure you never have to! You can enter matchmaking while battling it out against the AI in Skirmish or going for a high score in the minigames, and will return to where you left off when your multiplayer match has ended.
Don't own Scoop yet? We'll unlock him for you! He's a great hero to get started with, so jump into the battlefields of tomorrow when you need a change of pace!
Helgø is the brother of Helga, the Viking hero unit. He has traveled the nine realms all by himself and gathered many powerful relics during his travels... but the stracciatella ice cream still eludes him!
Helgø Scoop will be available in Awesomenauts after Swords & Soldiers II Shawarmageddon has launched on Steam!
40. Adventures of Pip
Adventures of Pip revitalizes the classic side-scrolling action platform genre. Pip -- the ultimate digital underdog – is a lowly single pixel in a 32-bit world who proves that you can’t judge a hero by the fidelity of his shaders. During the game, Pip gains the ability to evolve and grow by absorbing pixels from his fallen foes. Those same pixels can then be used to blast through environment puzzles and enemies, devolving Pip back to a single pixel. Players will explore five stylized worlds and experience up to 10 hours of epic adventure saving Pip’s village from the evil Queen DeRezzia.
Inspired by classic platformers, Adventures of Pip basks in a world where players can defeat a huge 32-bit boss as a single pixel or even as an 8-bit character.
With three different forms, evolve and devolve Pip to solve puzzles and defeat enemies; each with their own weakness and strength that must be unraveled throughout the campaign.
The Bit Stream is the life force that fuels Pixel Kingdom. The One who taps its power can forge the Kingdom's destiny.
Pip is only one pixel in a world full of 32-bit characters, yet he is the only one brave enough to face the Queen DeRezzia and rescue the kidnapped princess.
Moved by his plight, the ghost knight, Sir Elwyn, bestowed upon Pip the power to harness the Bit Stream. With the ability to absorb his enemy’s pixels, Pip can transform into a hi-fidelity hero! But be aware! With each evolution not only will you gain skills but some will be lost.
41. The Sandbox Evolution - Craft a 2D Pixel Universe!
Use your godly powers to craft amazing pixel worlds or destroy the universe! Welcome to The Sandbox Evolution, the #1 pixel art world creation game.
Play with physics, over 200 elements and controllable heroes. Make your own games or levels, and then share your creations online. There are no limits to your creativity and imagination!
- Click to drop elements, use your keyboard and mouse to zoom and scroll, control heroes with your gaming controller or keyboard.
- Create or destroy with your mouse!
- Amazing HD pixel art graphics featuring multiple visual effects, parallax scrolling and more
- Build worlds up to 10x bigger than in the previous Sandbox game
- Draw original art or fanboy tributes to your favorite retro characters with over 100 colors
- Create your own levels using Blocks and other Platforming elements
- Compose chiptune melodies and become a retro maestro
- Share your creations in the Online Gallery
- Save and Sync your progress online with Steam or Email
- Follow your favorite Players and Top Creators via the Social Menu
- Full support for the Steam Controller to create worlds and control the heroes characters inside levels made by others playersCREATE YOUR WORLD PIXEL AFTER PIXEL!- Build a 2D pixel world by mixing and matching over 200 elements to discover their interactions
- Use predefined templates or start from scratch: Music, Pixel Art, Sandbox, Caveman or Avatar
- Manipulate Natural elements: Mud, Water, Sand, Fire, Metal, Electricity, Acid, Lava and more
- Many Heroes with different skillsets: Shoot with Arnold, fly with Fujin or play with Hamster, the cutest of allOR UNLEASH THE WRATH OF GOD WITH THESE ELEMENTS- NUKE: Arguably mankind's worst invention, this mega-bomb has devastating effects.
- TORNADO: A super whirlwind makes everything fly away as you guide it through your worlds!
- EARTHQUAKE: Drop an epicenter generator over your worlds to unleash chaos throughout the landscape.
- LIGHTNING: Godlike power at your fingertips! Spawn lightning bolts by tapping anywhere.A MAJOR EVOLUTION OVER ITS PREDECESSOR: THE SANDBOX!- even more freedom and creativity, through improved physics and side-scrolling worlds 10x bigger than its predecessor.
- much-improved beautiful pixel art graphics featuring multiple visual effects, parallax scrolling and more
- 5 dedicated Creators modes to embrace every maker player: Create Sandbox, Make Game, Make Laser, Make Chiptunes, Draw Pixel Art
- 9 exclusive campaigns levels themed around several aspects of the gameplay: Genesis, Disasters, Machines, Lasers, Pixel Art as well as the story of some of the new heroes controllable characters: Ninja or Caveman
- easy-to-use game maker that enables players to create a retro-style platformer level in just a matter of seconds!!
- over 200 elements (many of them are new and not present in its predecessor) for players to choose from when designing their worlds, to pick between various entities, game-making blocks, platforms, enemies, portals and characters, pixel art drawing colors, and more.
- innovative “Daily Quests” mode to play some of the most challenging levels made by other players
- full support for the Steam Controller for players to create worlds and control the heroes characters inside levels made by others players.
- new Friends social menu where players can follow their favorite Players and Top Creators
THE GAME MAKER YOU WANTED- Begin with ready-to-use 4x4 pixel blocks, then add platforms, traps and enemies to spice things up
- Create your own levels using Game Design elements: Controllable Heroes, Platforms, Portals, various Blocks or Spikes
- Place a controllable hero character in your level to instantly add intuitive, direct control
- Congratulations! You just made your very own 8bit pixel platformer level in less than a minute :)ADD LIFE & BUILD YOUR WORLD- Bring Life to your worlds with Dogs, Wolves, Bears, Cows, Deer or Sabertooth Tigers
- Spread foliage and numerous tree varieties to bring beauty to your new world
- Decorate with Houses, Castles and Igloos, and create life on your world with AI HumansINTRODUCE TECHNOLOGY... OR DESTROY IT ALL- Utilize tech like Batteries, Crosswires, Resistance, Bulbs, Heaters, Coolers, LEDs and multiple Sensors
- Play with Lasers: click to rotate the angle of the light beam and start creating exciting new pixel universes and puzzles!
- Destroy everything you can with C4, Meteorites, Nitro, TNT or even a NukeCAMPAIGNS & DAILY QUESTS- Experience the creation of the universe through a full campaign of 15 levels
- Explore a prehistoric world with the Caveman, and fight Bears and Wolves to recover his child in the Caveman Campaign
- Learn how to draw pixel art like a real artist in the zen drawing Pixel Art Campaign
- Help Fujin, the Ninja of the Wind, collect the Jade Jars and keep them away from evil beings
- New Daily Quests, pulled from the best player creations. Challenge the best in the world, or build your levels for a chance to be featured
BROWSE THE GALLERY AND SHARE ONLINE- Share your worlds with other players
- Search worlds by keyword or by tags (pixel art, music, arcade, technology or landscape)
- Filter worlds based on the Newest or Hottest creations
- Play the most inspiring worlds and interact with them in various ways
- Rate the creations on 5 stars
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY OF 745,000 FANS!
Each new Update of The Sandbox Evolution will bring even more elements, heroes and campaigns!
You’ll see… no one could ever dream a better world than yours!
Download The Sandbox Evolution and build your world today!
42. Take Thy Throne
Take Thy Throne is an online sidescrolling tower defense game.
Currently we allow up to 6 players per match to enter a variety of gamemodes, with more gamemodes coming after release as free DLC.
The main gamemode consists of taking down towers and barricades to make your way towards the enemy team's King which lies in the Throne room of the enemy's castle. You can pick up to 4 classes currently to play with, with more being added after the game's release.
You can use a variety of strategies to make your way towards the enemy Castle such as taking different routes, collecting gold and buying different items suitable for your class, or crafting buildables to help maintain your strongholds and barricades to ensure the enemy stays out of your Castle. The game is over once someone's King has been slain, and thus the Throne has been taken.
The game currently includes 3 gamemodes: Take Thy Throne, Capture The Flag, and Dragon Slayer, the latter being a single player/co-op mode. We're adding more gamemodes such as Deathmatch and a Village mode which consists of riding a Dragon and scorching down a Village, and more.
We currently support the Steam network, allowing you to easily host matches without port forwarding and to also join matches through both an in-game browser and through your Steam friends list. Right now the game is fully compatible with Windows Operating Systems, but we're working to put it on Linux as well, and quite possibly Mac in the future. We also would like to release another version of the game to support mobile devices at some point in the future.
43. Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain
<br/>Save the world without hope.<br/>Year 2040. An action TPS where you will become one of the EDF soldiers and fight against the invaders from outer space which ruined the world. In the world settings which differs from the original "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE" series, more than 50 missions in five difficulties await for your challenge.<br/><br/><br/><br/>●50+ Missions in Five Difficulties<br/>The furious battle against the invader Aggressors is full of chaos. Includes 50+ severe missions, where you must fight against gigantic enemy creatures and huge invader weapons in 5 different difficulties.<br/><br/>●4 Mobile Soldiers and Weapons<br/>You will become the legendary mobile soldier which controls 4 different PA Gears, several hundreds weapons, arms and items. Regain hope to human beings.<br/><br/>●Bring Personality to the Battlefield<br/>Includes character creation mode. You can select your favorite gender, face, hair style, weight, voice and outfit. You can also change the personality of yourself.<br/><br/>●Enriched Off-Line and On-Line Mode<br/>When playing the off-line mode, the split-screen will be supported. Also, when playing the on-line mode, you can co-op with other EDF members around the world.
44. Bad Bots
As Sam McRae, last surviving member of the “Titan Hauler” crew, you must hack and blast your way through an onslaught of truly bad 'bots to find a way to prevent a potential planet-destroying catastrophe. The mystery of what happened to everyone while you were in cryostasis unfolds around you as you wade through the bodies of your fallen shipmates, unloading round after round into your relentless automaton attackers.
- Explore 170 danger-filled rooms throughout the ship including the Evacuation Bay, Mechanical Shafts and Robot Workshops while the rich sci-fi story unfolds in the Campaign Mode.
- Engage in combat against more than 2000 deranged robots comprised of several unique types, all programmed to kill you.
- Face off against 7 deadly bosses, each with distinctive attacks including the fire spewing Flamebot, electrified Orbs, the lethal grip of the Spider and Jack Hammer’s brutal pistons
- Defend yourself with 8 robot bustin' weapons including your trusty Axe, Rifle, Shotgun, explosive Grenade Launcher, Pulsar Gun and more.
- Try to survive 60 seconds against an endless onslaught of especially persistent and cranky gun-toting, knife wielding robots in 3 unique rooms in Challenge Mode.
- Earn 14 challenging Achievements including “Run Amok,” “Top Dog” and “Reaper’s Friend.”
- Enjoy full Controller and Steam Big Picture support so you can partake in all the ‘bot slayin’ goodness from the comforts of your couch.
45. Angels of Death
This game is made by RPG Maker, so the engine's exclusive feature is available as shown below.
If you want to take a screenshot using Steam Overlay feature, please change the key to the key other than F12.
- F12: Reset the game
- Alt+Enter: Full screen / Window mode
"Please – kill me."
"If you help me get outta here, then I'll kill you."
Their strange promise formed a peculiar bond between the two of them.
What kind of hell have they found themselves in?
For what purpose are they imprisoned? What does fate have in store for them?
Facing imminent death, the two begin their escape from the sealed building!
From the creator of the famous horror game "Kirisame ga furu mori" (Forest of Drizzling Rain), comes "Angels of Death" which was released in the Den-fami Nico Game Magazine and is now available worldwide!
"Angels of Death" is a psycho horror adventure game, which consists of four episodes.
WARNING: Some material may be inappropriate for children.
The Japanese version was published as freeware, and the Steam version is to support the developers.
- Consisting of 4 episodes, each containing an entertaining and dark story - A storytelling style that is designed full of 2D game technology
- A psycho horror with a crazy serial killer
- A variety of missions, including "shooting" and "escape" themes.
- 4 games – each an episode in the story – released in one package
"Angels of Death" follows the psycho horror story of Ray and Zack as they attempt to escape the world they are in.
Where are they? What is going on? Without knowing the answer to so many questions, they have no choice to trust each other and push forwards for their own personal goals.
When Ray woke, she was in a concrete room with no memory.
After leaving the room, she explored the building, searching for an exit. But she eventually crossed paths with Zack, a large man with a scythe.
Fearing for her life, Ray managed to escape from Zack and rode an elevator up…
Ray and Zack step into floor B3 – a contemporary floor with dazzling white walls.
A bizarre woman’s howling cackle rang out from a speaker in the ceiling.
"Oh godless wretches. You shall writhe in agony until forgiven."
The insane prison guard makes an attempt to expose the weakness in Ray and Zack’s promise by putting them through a series of sadistic tortures.
Will they remain faithful to their promise as they fight for their lives?
Dragging an unconscious Zack, Ray finds herself on floor B2, which has the interior of a cathedral.
The sound of a pipe organ echoed around the floor, along with a curious, sweet fragrance which permeated the air. Strange writing emerged on the walls, demanding that Ray repent for her sins.
Despite all this, she kept pushing forwards, determined to keep her promise with Zack…
Soon after, Ray met a priest in the depths of the cathedral…
Ray and Zack arrive on B1 only to find themselves inside a house. Upon entering the bloodstained living room, Ray lost her mind.
"Please, Zack, hurry and kill me! Before you know too much!"
Confused by Ray’s outburst, Zack left the now fainted Ray to lie down. After hearing repeated knocking on the door, Zack left to explore the house.
While avoiding countless traps set in the strange house, Zack learnt more about Ray’s past.
But was he prepared for what awaited him at the end?
Could they keep their promise and escape from the building alive?
Official Site: https://gamemaga.denfaminicogamer.jp/satsuriku/en/
Traditional Chinese: 咲月漢化組
English: Ryan Stofer
46. OH! RPG!
Deep enough for the veteran roleplayer... Humorous enough for the casual gamer!
OH! RPG! is a quirky, innovative and colorful adventure by RosePortal Games (of Epic Quest and Whisper of a Rose fame) and released on Steam by RPG veteran Aldorlea Games.
The game consists of 8 chapters, each with a different atmosphere, gameplay and protagonist, all contributing to an exciting and fresh experience.
Mixing elements of parody and great use of interaction with an enthralling storyline, this game is a quality blend of pure RPG goodness - but with an unique twist!
Heroes always win. But what happens to those who don't?
The world is coming to an end and the heroes return home after their ludicrous failure, to be with loved ones for whatever's left.
Except this time you're not going to play them. Who wants to play failures anyway?
In OH! RPG!, traditional roles are reversed. You play the NPCs and help the heroes along the way.
- See the story from another perspective and embark with a new protagonist in each of the 8 chapters
- Travel from front to back, from awe-inspiring castles to your remote peasant village, from enemies super strong and big, to end up proudly defeating... pathetic slimes?
- Enjoy a collection of unique protagonists such as an upbeat Jester, a quickwitted Goblin or even the Hero's own family, as you interact with them in an innovative way
- Visit 8 chapters, all with a different style and optional content to discover!
- Unique battles using the special skill "Hero Calls": Harold, Therese, Marsha and Lucius are never in battle, but you can call them and wait until they arrive, and they will perform one powerful move - this is different for each battle depending on where they are in the story
- End-level ratings based on performance
- Stage selection to replay levels and improve your ratings in each
- Global User Rank based on overall end-level results - unlock goodies with higher scores!
- Collect material to upgrade the power/efficiency of your weapons, armor and potions
- Unlock skills of RPG Maker History like Call Ralph!, Mapping Tool or Summon Don Miguel
- FREE license original resources for everyone who purchases the game to use - includes 4 side-view monsters, some side-view battlers, tileset, charsets, and even the airship above!*
- Steam Achievements & Steam Trading Cards!
- Mouse, keyboard and gamepad/controller fully supported, with non-invasive full screen or windowed mode and higher resolution graphics
*Find your free resource pack here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\OH! RPG!\Resources
Meet our Heroes!
A simple farm boy with big dreams of seeing the world. Always level headed and one to help another in need. Tries to be friends with everyone he comes in contact with. Expert cow milker!
A tough princess who trained herself as a knight so she could one day leave the castle walls. She's never afraid to use her title to get her way. Often impatient and comes off as cold when talking to others. Expert at judging people.
A mysterious girl with an even more mysterious past. Her lighthearted and mischievous behavior has landed her into hot water countless times. Always looking for a way to be important to the people around her. Expert at playing tricks on others.
Often described as stiff as a book's spine yet somewhat sarcastic. Even though he is a priest, he questions everything within the teachings. Always willing to help those in need but is never looking for thanks. Expert at disapproving books.
TIP: When playing on Windows XP and experiencing issues, please launch the game manually at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\OH! RPG!\Game.exe
47. Chicken Assassin - Master of Humiliation
Chicken Assassin - Master of Humiliation - Epic Action RPG! Full of sarcastic and hilarious characters, rich artwork and beautifully structured class/inventory/wardrobe/upgrade/achievement systems to make it a joy to play.
*Epic missions and boss raids (Follow the story of Mean McAllister through various missions, plus jump in some of the dangerous boss raids while on the path)
*Large inventory system (Over 450+ unique items & 9 combat stances)
*Combat and resource upgrades (Are you all out berserker who only cares about fights? or you also like to upgrade your resources? -it's your choice)
*Wardrobe (dress Mean McAllister the you want! Various possibilities for different builds)
*Achievements (Get rewarded with souls by performing various actions)
*Black Market (Don't feel like selling your junk items straight away? Then keep them for black market!)
48. Cube & Star: An Arbitrary Love
Cube & Star: An Arbitrary Love is a surreal open-world exploration game about the creation of life, joy and the pointlessness of existence.
Eat fruit, nudge trees, stain the ground and thrill to the emergence of strange and vapid creatures in your fool's errand to reunite the Ancient Cube and Star.
Day breaks, grass grows, night falls, stars fall from the sky, trees shed their fruit...
And across the world other cubes like yourself are bounding around, each with their own tiny opinions to impart to you... if you have the patience to listen.
As the grey world comes to life - secrets emerge from the ground: discover ancient relics, bizarre monetary tokens and personal journal entries left by cubes long gone.
Fill your void with knowledge, flood the world with color, burn the world to ashes - and watch as an ancient entity is reborn.
- Explore an ever-changing, ever-bizarre world.
- Night falls, day rises, grass grows, and the world becomes slick with rain.
- Seek out the lost voices of the Tiny Things, unearth relics, pointlessly accumulate currency.
- Decrypt the bizarre language of the Tiny Things.
- Resurrect long-dead creatures.
- Flood the world with color.... and drown the world in fire.
- Raise strange new structures and bear witness as their occupants continue their grim calling
49. Strategic War in Europe
Strategic War in Europe takes you back in time to World War 2.
This game is about:
Waves of Infantry
World War 2
Land, Naval and Air battles
Following the 'easy to learn, hard to master' design principle, Strategic War in Europe combines accessibility with a plethora of strategic options. A compact, large-scale map and clear basic rules will not overwhelm you, yet the choices you will be presented with should satisfy all your tactical needs. From overthrowing governments and researching new technologies, to securing air supremacy and supplying your troops by water and railway, Strategic War in Europe is a strategist's dream.
Seven scenarios with up to 25 controllable countries, each with five scaling difficulty settings make for an incredible replayability. When pitching yourself against the AI is not enough, Strategic War in Europe offers hot-seat and PBEM for all your multiplayer needs. Match your wits in an epic East vs. West showdown or try to survive together as Poland and Norway.
Muster Your Panzer Corps!
Prepare Waves Of Infantry!
The War Begins Now!
- Take over one or more of 25 countries, ranging from Nazi Germany to Iraq
- Play through seven unique scenarios, including six historical from 1939 to 1944, and a fictional 1945 West vs. East campaign
- Command hundreds of historical units and leaders
- Declare wars, host elections and carry out coup d'etats
- Experience dozens of historical events with great repercussions on gameplay
- Enjoy tactical battles, with weather, supplies and terrain all being important factors
- Control the skies with air combat, recons, fighter interceptions, bombardment, and even nukes!
- Sail the seas using a naval system that includes convoys, raiders and sea battles
- Manage economy and research
- Fight against your friends in hot-seat and Play By E-Mail multiplayer modes
50. Featherpunk Prime
Featherpunk Prime is a vibrant and explosive twin-stick shooter-platformer, set in a neon-soaked mechanical world. You play as a badass Cyber-Flamingo with the agility and firepower to take down Cybirdroid, the evil corporation that has captured your fellow flamingos. A horde of avian warbots stand in your way, deploying a range of attacks and battle tactics to stop you. Make it past them, and the Guardians await; brutal boss fights that will throw as much destruction at you as possible. To reach the summit of the tower you’ll need to keep your claws on the move and finger on the trigger!Key Features:
- Challenging Combat
Combat grows more intense as you ascend the tower, yet more rewarding as you hone your skills and learn strategies to eliminate enemies. Use your surroundings wisely and make sure you prioritise the right foes. Find space between bullets, dodge projectiles and be wary of warbots hunting you down!
- Super agile Cyber-Flamingo
Tight and responsive controls are combined with a range of moves; you can boost through the air, slide under projectiles, cling to walls, dodge attacks, crawl through ducts and… stand on one leg.
- Brutal Boss Battles
The Cybirdroid Guardians are programmed to kill! They’ll unleash relentless waves of attacks; you’ll need to stay on your claws and use all you have learnt to take them down. Eliminate these brutal bosses to unlock checkpoints and upgrades, such as the Shockwave attack or Overdrive mode!
- Weaponry and Upgrades
Every floor gives you a new weapon from the ultimate arsenal. Wield classics such as the shotgun, minigun and crossbow, or unleash bouncing bullets, remote mines and heat seeking rockets. Collect Tekcells from bio-eggs and defeated enemies and use them to buy upgrades including more firepower, faster reloads and increased critical hit damage.
- Unpredictable Tower Configuration
Each time you enter the configuration is new, offering fresh routes to the exit. The Cybirdroid tower is constructed from carefully hand crafted sections, connected together differently each time you enter (procedurally generated). You'll also encounter various traps and hazards, so stay alert!
- Killer Avian Disco Soundtrack
Storm the tower to the sound of pumping beats from Wing Cap Audio!
Full support of gamepads and keyboard/mouse, with fully customisable controls.
Fully animated cutscenes tell the story with style!
Collect the 20 missing Dataspheres hidden in the tower
Lock... Load.. Flamingooo!