The best games like Goodbye Deponia are:
- arrow_rightGrim Fandango Remastered
- arrow_rightThe Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit
- arrow_rightTrine Enchanted Edition
- arrow_rightA Hat in Time
- arrow_rightDeponia: The Complete Journey
- arrow_rightThe Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
100 Best Games Like Goodbye Deponia:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (45)
- PlayStation 4 (66)
- iOS (69)
- Android (43)
- macOS (100)
- Linux (83)
- Nintendo Switch (41)
- Nintendo 3DS (4)
- Nintendo DS (6)
- Xbox 360 (14)
- Xbox (3)
- PlayStation 3 (26)
- PlayStation 2 (13)
- PlayStation (9)
- PS Vita (19)
- PSP (7)
- Wii U (8)
- Wii (14)
- GameCube (4)
- Nintendo 64 (2)
- Game Boy Advance (5)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (4)
- SNES (3)
- NES (3)
- Classic Macintosh (9)
- Apple II (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (10)
- Atari ST (3)
- Genesis (3)
- SEGA Saturn (3)
- SEGA CD (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
- Game Gear (1)
- Web (1)
1. Grim Fandango Remastered
Grim Fandango Remastered is a rebuilt version of the original 1998 adventure game Grim Fandango. The game is set in the Land of the Dead, which is a unique in-between world on the souls’ way from the mortal world to the spiritual one. All the in-game characters appear in calaca-like style, so the whole atmosphere reminds of the Aztec belief of the afterlife. Players assume the role of a Grim Reaper Manuel “Manny” Calavera, who escorts souls on their travel through the Land of Dead. The story progress depends on the completion of quests and solving various puzzles. Players, in control of Manny, are able to interact with the environment in different ways including dialogues with other characters in order to get some hints and tips about current puzzles. According to game mechanics, players can never fail a mission or the whole game. The Remastered version includes numerous graphical improvements including repainted, hi-res character textures and new, dynamic lighting, which are expected to improve player experience.
2. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is an adventure game set in the 'Life is Strange' universe. The game is considered to be a promo for the second part of the series — the entire walkthrough would take roughly more than 2 hours.
Connection with the series
The title indirectly connects the two parts of the game by sharing the characters and following the original timeline — the events depicted in The Awesome Adventures take place three years after the ending of Chloe and Maxes adventures. The game is being distributed for free. The title inherits the importance of the dialogue and in-game choices and emphasizes them by transferring all the options chosen in The Awesome Adventures into Life is Strange 2 by detecting the save file.
As this was the case with the 'Life is Strange,' the main accent in the Captain Spirit is made on the storytelling. The events center around Chris Eriksen — the nine-years-old protagonists who are coping with the loss of his mother with the help of made-out alter ago sharing the name with the game's title.
The game consists of several quests player needs to accomplish before finishing the walkthrough. The activities like microwaving the food, supposedly, using the Chris' ultra-abilities are accompanied by a lot of dialogues and in-game puzzles.
Categories in common with The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit: Adventure
3. Trine Enchanted Edition
The king died and did not leave an heir, the kingdom fell into civil strife, the land in response to lawlessness and disorder brought to the surface hordes of monsters, increasing chaos.
The magician, knight and thief were united by fate for the struggle for peace and the restoration of the kingdom. Alone and together they fight with enemies, solve puzzles and overcome obstacles on fifteen different levels. Decisions can be more than one, and they can be composed of the skills of all three players.
Exquisite, delicate drawing of the world and characters. Very elegant, subtle, very realistic sounds - yes, realistic sounds of the magic world. That's precisely the way it should be. But when the hero breaks the wall with a ram or stumbles upon a mountain of treasures - the battering ram sounds like a battering ram, and the mountain is imposing. Very cleverly put light makes the world deep, voluminous and alive. Passing the game, you do not want to rush, you want to consider, to discover all its details, to admire them for your pleasure.
The game supports 3D mode, you need a suitable TV and stereoscopic glasses.
Quest, very close to the original canon of the genre. The game has a minimum of hints, and puzzle solving is often very unobvious.
The plot of the game moves forward with the actions of the main character - Rufus, who lives on the planet of Deponia, long ago turned into a dump. Rufus dreams of moving to Elysium - a planet where life is entirely different.
He calls himself an inventor, but his ability to invent is very doubtful, like his successes in life in general. He lives in the home of his ex-girlfriend and does not do anything useful. Nevertheless, one day he manages to get on the ship of the organisation "Organnon", to get on Elysium. He meets on this ship a girl from Elysium, but when trying to protect her in a conflict with the owners of the ship accidentally pushes her off the ship. The girl flies down and falls on Deponia. Then the intrigue begins, the locals build their plans for the girl, and Rufus returns to Deponia and, as it turns out, has romantic feelings for the girl (and still wants to get to Elysium). In all this takes part the mayor of the city and many other residents, as well as robots. The girl herself lost her memory of the fall, and the members of the Organnon have an intention to blow up Deponia.
5. A Hat in Time
A Hat in Time is a cute-as-heck 3D platformer featuring a little girl who stitches hats for wicked powers.A little girl and her spaceshipIn A Hat in Time you play as a tiny space-travelling girl with a big tophat. Her adventure is halted when all her fuel, the Time Pieces, is lost and scattered across a nearby planet. Hat Kid must now jump, fight and stitch new hats to make her way into every nook and cranny of this new world in order to restore her fuel and resume her journey. On her way, she'll bump into the menacing Mafia of Cooks, the goofy birds of Dead Bird Studio, the spooky shadows of Subcon Forest, and more!Murder on a train! Parades! Trespassing in a movie studio?Every mission in A Hat in Time is unique! At one moment you'll be solving the Murder on the Owl Express by finding clues and interrogating the locals, the next moment you'll be the band marshal in The Big Parade, or sneaking through the bird-run Dead Bird Studio!Small child, giant worldsJump freely around in 5 massive worlds with new adventures to discover around every corner! Just like any child, Hat Kid loves to climb and explore, no mountain is too big for her sense of adventure. She can do multiple jump moves, as well as climb walls, and swing over gaps!Cute hats, magical yarn and snappy badgesBy finding and collecting rare magical yarn, Hat Kid can stitch new cute hats with a variety of abilities, including a witch hat that allows her to cook explosive concoctions, and a wooden ghost mask that allows her to peek into other dimensions. Hats can become even more powerful, by attaching badges that are found, sold and traded by the locals!Community-funded, community-focusedA Hat in Time was successfully funded on Kickstarter, reaching nearly 10 times its goal! In order to celebrate our community, A Hat in Time is releasing with full modding and Steam Workshop support, an in-game screenshot mode, and more!
6. Deponia: The Complete Journey
Deponia: The Complete Journey is a remaster of an approved Deponia trilogy consisting of initial Deponia, Chaos on Deponia and Goodbye Deponia. There is also a fourth installment widely considered parallel and off-canon. Another feature of The Complete Journey — four hours worth of developers' comments.
Deponia is a point-and-click adventure set on the planet of the same name. The game features 2,5D gameplay which means there are layers to the static background. As in the most games of this genre, the game includes interactions with the objects on the screen some of which are: pick up, combine, use for puzzle and talk to, if the object is animate.
The title features multiple hints if the player finds himself stuck at the level. Hints can be turned off.
The story derives from the planet Deponia, the population of which were forced to move to the city called Elysium leaving Deponia as dumpster behind them and considering all its inhabitants to be dead.
The player follows a story of Rufus who is eager to follow the quest of his father's life and reach Deponia. Sadly, his ship brokes and he is forced to live on Organon ship — this is the organization responsible for dumping trash on Deponia's surface. Rufus is set to find out the truth about Deponia undoings.
7. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is an action RPG with elements of the hack and slash genre and the first part of the trilogy of the same name. It tells the story of Van Hellsing’s son who continues his father’s work and kills monsters on the streets of the fictional Borgova city. There he fights against a cult that spoils the life of civilians.
You can develop the hunter's skills and upgrade his weapon and magic possession. Van Helsing Junior also has an ally, a ghost named Catherine who helps him in battles. Depending on your choice how to upgrade her, she can be a tank or a healer. The variety of weapons is not very huge; however, there are several ways to customize your character cosmetically.
While the developers took inspiration from Bram Stoker’s Dracula, the game only slightly reminds of this novel. However, they successfully caught the atmosphere of a little 19th-century town and filled it with deep NPCs and interesting technological details.
Explore huge, beautiful worlds, meet (and beat) an unforgettable cast of characters and horde a vault-load of shiny collectibles as buddy-duo Yooka (the green one) and Laylee (the wisecracking bat with the big nose) embark on an epic adventure to thwart corporate creep Capital B and his devious scheme to absorb all the world’s books… and convert them into pure profit!
Using their arsenal of special moves, our heroes will tackle a huge variety of puzzles and platforming challenges in their search for Pagies, the golden bounty used to unlock — and expand — stunning new worlds, each jammed to the gills with oddball characters, hulking bosses, minecart challenges, arcade games, quiz shows, multiplayer games… and much more!KEY FEATURES:
INTRODUCING OUR NEW BUDDY DUO: Yooka and Laylee boast an awesome arsenal of abilities built for platforming fun and unlocked with added freedom from the serpent salesman Trowzer.
CARVE YOUR OWN PATH: Purchase and unlock moves with freedom, choose to expand your favourite worlds into even larger, more complex playgrounds and equip unique Tonic gameplay modifiers to customise your play style. Every player will have a unique experience.
A COLLECT-EM-UP FOR THE MODERN ERA: Seek out a roster of shiny collectibles with gameplay progression at their core (as well as other, more valuable materials), such as the dual action Butterfly Energy or tricky Ghost Writers!
A CAST TO LAST: Meet (or beat) a huge cast of memorable characters brought to life by the art and audio teams behind legendary platform games, and destined to endure in future adventures as part of Playtonic Universe. Expect all manner of grunts, squeaks and squawks.
A DREAM SOUNDTRACK: David Wise (Donkey Kong Country) and Grant Kirkhope (Banjo-Kazooie) combine for a melodic masterpiece! Seriously, clean out your ears – they’re in for a treat.
BUDDY UP: Establish your own buddy-duo and adventure through Yooka-Laylee in co-op mode! Taking control of a unique co-op character, a second player can assist Yooka and Laylee by stunning enemies and helping them tackle tricky challenges. No piggyback required.
AND A WHOLE LOT MORE: Discover unique boss fights, mine cart challenges, retro-tastic Arcade games, quiz shows and 8 unique multiplayer games!
9. Deponia Doomsday
Deponia Doomsday is a point-and-click 2,5D adventure. There is a canonical Deponia trilogy with Doomsday being the spin-off.
The narrative is centered on the planet of the same name. One day, all of the Deponia's dwellers were ordered out to Elysium. So, the Deponia is currently seen as a dumpster behind all the inhabitants who left — all life forms there are counted to be dead.
We follow an arc of Rufus — he is excited to continue the doings of his father and carry on the study of a lifetime. His goal is to get in touch with Deponia. However, unfortunate events come forward, and Rufus' ship crashes, and the protagonist now has to inhabit Organon — the ship incorporated by the company which is liable for dropping toxic waste on Deponia's surface dwells. Rufus is firmly determined to seek authenticity in the events of Deponia's difficulties.
All of the games in the Deponia series are point-and-click adventures which share the settings of Deponia planet. Every title in the series feature
The game utilizes a 2,5D point of view meaning there are deepening to the 2D environment.
The list of possible actions in the game is limited by interacting with the objects and NPC's, combining objects and using them to aid the player in multiple puzzles throughout the journey.
10. Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi is a first-person shooter with a mix of survival horror elements developed by Idol FX.
The game is set in the nineteenth century. James Patterson is on his way to the wedding of his sister at the manor of a wealthy Romanian Duke. Upon arriving at the destination, James sees crosses nailed to the doors and meets a holy father who tells the protagonist that this manor is a home for vampires and the Pattersons are held prisoner.
The objective of the player is to save every one of their family and fight back the vampires. At the beginning of every game, the rooms in the manor are generated randomly using several templates. The players are given some time to find a save a family member. Should the player fail, the game's boss will grow stronger. The more family of yours you save, the easier it will be to fight the final boss.
Initially, the only weapons James has are a sword and bare fists, yet it is possible to find new weapons, such as firearms or classic vampire hunter weaponry later in the game. There are notes scattered around the manor which describe the monsters and how to fight them.
11. Fran Bow
Fran Bow is a creepy adventure game that tells the story of Fran, a young girl struggling with a mental disorder and an unfair destiny.
After witnessing the gruesome and mysterious loss of her parents, found dismembered at their home, Fran rushes into the woods, together with her only friend, Mr. Midnight, a black cat that Fran had previously received as a present from her parents.
In the forest, Fran goes into shock over the loss of her parents and when she recovers, she’s at Oswald Asylum, an oppressive mental institution for children, and Mr. Midnight is nowhere to be found.
After having a dream about her beloved cat, Fran decides to escape from the mental institution to find him and go back home to Aunt Grace, her only living relative.
- Story driven creepy psychological horror adventure game.
- Unique and peculiar hand drawn 2D Art-Style and 2D animation.
- Self administer medication to open the terrible hidden world that will help solve puzzles and find objects.
- A big variety of puzzles designed with different levels of difficulty and specifically based on the story.
- Three arcade inspired mini-games all with different art style to be part of the transitions in the story.
- Interactive and occasionally playable pet cat, Mr Midnight.
- 50+ interactive unique characters with unique personalities.
- Original Soundtrack.
12. The Night of the Rabbit
The secret formula
The game - developed and published by German studio Daedalic Entertainment for Microsoft Windows and OS X in the spring of 2013. In the last days of the summer holidays, twelve-year-old juggler Jerry Hazelnut finds a recipe for a secret formula with which can create a carrot flame. Mixing all the ingredients, Jerry stumbles upon mysterious suitcase. Inside is a magic wand and hat, which later turns into a white rabbit. His name is Marquis de Hoto, and he tells Jerry about the existence of an infinite number of parallel universes.
The gameplay is based on the basic principles of point-and-click adventure games: the player controls the main character with the mouse, manipulates objects from the inventory and tries to solve with their help puzzles. The items can be used by themselves or mixed before use. Jerry has a special coin that can find hidden magic. Its usage also highlights all usable objects on the screen which significantly simplifies the game. In addition to other items, on the game levels are scattered collectibles, like stickers and audiobooks. They almost do not affect the gameplay, but by collecting them, the player can get an achievement on Steam and some information about the game world.
13. WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY
CAPTURE, CUSTOMISE AND EVOLVE! Embark on a magical journey with siblings Reynn and Lann as they explore the vast land of Grymoire to rediscover their past and save the future. With charming and stylised visuals, players will capture, customise and evolve iconic creatures by stacking them to form adorable yet strategic monster towers. The memorable legends of FINAL FANTASY come to life in this imaginative, colourful world as an epic story fit for the smallest of heroes unfolds.
- A New Twist on Classic Battles: master an all new battle system where players can utilise their captured monsters to create powerful towers of monsters to fight foes. Use the monsters´ size, element, and order effectively to win the battle!
- Capture, Customise and Evolve: strategise over endless customisation options by turning creatures into ability-boosting magicite, leveling and evolving them to gain new specialisations, or simply ride them to travel faster over the vast landscapes of this enchanting world.
- A World of Vertical Possibility: dive into vertically stacked dungeons and use creature abilities and magicite effects to get past obstacles and progress. In this world of stacking objects, the sky is truly the limit!
Also included are the following bonus legendary creatures:
- Sephiroth summon
- White Chocobo
- Glow Moogle
- Red Bonnetberry
- Sky Dragon
- Kaguya Flan
- 2P Serafie
- Dark Behemoth
- Kobold Mimic
- Topaz Carbuncle
- 2P Tama
Categories in common with WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY: Role Playing
14. Bendy and the Ink Machine
"Bendy and the Ink Machine™" is a first person puzzle action horror game that begins in the far days past of animation and ends in a very dark future.
Play as Henry as he revisits the demons of his past by exploring the abandoned animator's workshop of Joey Drew Studios. With twists and turns around every corner, "Bendy and the Ink Machine" is sure to thrill you... and decimate your childhood.
You'll never look at cartoons the same way again.
This first chapter sets the tone for the adventure ahead.
Solve the riddle. Escape the workshop.
Above all, fear the machine and survive.
Resist or Embrace
Sundered is a horrifying fight for survival and sanity, a hand-drawn epic from the creators of Jotun. It is a replayable metroidvania where you resist or embrace ancient eldritch powers. You play Eshe, a wanderer in a ruined world, trapped in ever-changing caverns filled with hordes of terrifying enemies. Harness the power of corrupted relics to defeat gigantic bosses, at the cost of your humanity. Resist or embrace.Key Features
Beautiful hand-drawn art and animation
Terrifyingly epic boss fights
Unique abilities that may be powerfully corrupted… at a cost
Hundreds of upgrades and multiple character builds
Dynamic encounters against hordes of enemies
A mix of hand-crafted & procedural levels
Multiple endings and over 15 hours of gameplay
Delve into a procedurally generated dungeon at the heart of a beautiful hand-drawn world. Classic Metroidvania elements such as backtracking, secrets and unlocking new abilities that open new regions are at the core of the exploration experience.
Confront hordes of dynamically spawned eldritch monsters. Put your skills and reflexes to the test through furious melee combat and epic boss fights against uniquely designed enemies. All monster spawns are dynamic, constantly keeping you on your toes.
Designed as a challenging adventure for seasoned gamers, frequent deaths are part of the Sundered experience. But taking our inspiration from our favorite rogue-like games, death in Sundered is only the beginning.
When you die, you respawn in the Hub, where you level up and customize your character. Equip and upgrade a host of unique Perks, stats and special Abilities hidden throughout the world.
Also known as The Dark Eye: Memoria, it's a point-and-click adventure game from a German developer and publisher of Daedalic Entertainment. The game is part of the series, based on the game The Dark Eye in 1984 and a direct continuation of the plot of Chains of Satinav.
The history of Memoria begins immediately after the end of the events of the previous game and tells the story of Geron's quest to find a way to help his fairy Nuri. The plot develops linearly. The developers use story-in-story method to tell two parallel telling two stories of two heroes. The camera in the game is in such a position that the player feels like an observer of the game world. To direct characters to a certain point on a screen it is necessary to click there. Clicking is also helping with interacting with objects, the characters comment on their possible use of items, and this is somewhat simplifying the task of the player.
The game tries to connect the classic point-and-click gameplay with the mysterious setting and features of The Dark Eye RPG universe.
17. 60 Seconds!
As Ted, a responsible citizen and a family man, you are faced with a slight disturbance to your happy, suburban lifestyle. THE NUCLEAR APOCALYPSE.
With only 60 seconds left to impact, guide Ted in a mad, intense and action packed dash through his house in search of his family and useful supplies. Everything will be against you - time, your very own furniture, the house that's different every time you play and the fundamental question - what to take with you and who to leave behind?
Reaching the fallout shelter in time and alive is only the beginning. Whatever you scavenged and whoever you saved will play a vital role in your survival. Each survival story will be different, with every day surprising you with unexpected events. Will all of these stories end well? It's up to you. Ration food and water, make best use of your supplies, face difficult choices and even venture into the wasteland.
- EXPERIENCEthe suburbian nightmare of a nuke dropping down on your neighbourhood in this atomic, dark comedy set in 1950s.
- SCAVENGE any supplies, you will need to survive, and family members in a 60 second rush through your procedurally generated house.
- PREPARE for the worst. Don’t just grab arbitrary items, plan your survival and follow helpful tips from emergency broadcasts!
- SURVIVE in a fallout shelter with whatever you brought with you. How many days will you last? Will everyone make it out alive?
- DECIDE what to do, when the post-apocalyptic world pushes you to the corner. Will you risk going outside? Who is not eating dinner, when barely any food is left? How do you deal with a mutant cockroach infestation?
18. Sam & Max Hit the Road
Grab your nightstick, squeal like a siren, and Hit the Road with Sam & Max, Freelance Police, as they attempt to crack their toughest case. Sam (a canine shamus) and Max (a hyperkinetic rabbity thing) are hot on the trail of a runaway carnival bigfoot across America’s quirky underbelly in this deranged animated adventure!
Solving this case is up to you! You direct the actions of Sam & Max, tearing down the road with mayhem on their minds and Corn Duds™ on their breath, on a peril-fraught mission to make the world safe for Sasquatches and sentient mammals everywhere!
Based on Steve Purcell's unconventional cult comic books, Sam & Max will take you on an irreverent road trip adventure that will put hair on your back. Collide with tacky tourist traps and intimidate their bizarre denizens.
Help our frightening, furry flatfoots find the fugitive freak! Do it now!
• Enjoy edgy animation and twisted humor!
• Endless hours of fun playing mini-games like Wak-A-Rat and CarBomb!
• Indulge in gratuitous antisocial behavior!
• Roadside attractions your parents refused to stop at!
• This game is powered by ScummVM.
Categories in common with Sam & Max Hit the Road: Adventure
Armikrog is a unique stop motion clay animated point and click adventure game from the creators of Earthworm Jim and the Neverhood. Follow the adventures of space explorer Tommynaut and his blind alien talking dog Beak-Beak, as they unravel the mysteries of the fortress that holds them captive through exploration and puzzle solving!
• Follow the adventures of space explorer Tommynaut and his blind alien talking dog Beak-Beak, as they unravel the mysteries of the fortress that holds them captive through exploration and puzzle solving!
• Loveable characters designed by Doug TenNapel creator of the Earthworm Jim and developed by creators of The Neverhood, Ed Schofield and Mike Dietz.
• Rich cast of voiceover talent brings Armikrog’s characters to life, including well-known actors Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite), Rob Paulsen (Pinky and the Brain) and Michael J. Nelson (Mystery Science Theater 3000).
• Original soundtrack created and recorded by American songwriter and record producer Terry Scott Taylor.
Pinstripe is an emotionally charged adventure through Hell created entirely by a one-man team over the course of five years. Play as Teddy, an estranged ex-minister forced to venture through the frozen afterlife in search of his three-year-old daughter Bo, and her perverse kidnapper. Discover the dark secrets of Teddy's past, and confront his sleazy, demonic nemesis, Mr. Pinstripe.
Thomas Brush, creator of award winning indie games Coma and Skinny, reveals a gorgeous art style, breathtaking score, and chilling story with influences from The Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, and Alice in Wonderland.
Explore six hauntingly beautiful levels of Hell.
Listen to an immersive and unique soundtrack written by the game's creator.
Use your slingshot to fight your way through bizarre beasts and interesting puzzles.
Hang out with your family pet George and sniff out clues.
Discover the mystery behind Teddy and Bo's death.
Features a hilarious cast of professional voice actors and celebrity cameo performances!
• Includes BRUTAL content such as ‘The Brute’ playable character, ‘The Dark Forest’ outdoor environment, and much more.
• A 3D ACTION ROGUE-LIKE. Combines fast third-person combat with permadeath dungeon-delving for a game that’s diabolically hardcore. Anticipate enemy attack patterns, time your actions for maximum effect, and use smart combinations of light, heavy, and power attacks to defeat your enemies.
• EXPLORE AN EVER-SHIFTING DUNGEON. Every playthrough offers new locations to discover, new threats to face, new traps to avoid, new items to craft, and new treasures to uncover.
• DEFEAT HORDES OF DEADLY ENEMIES. Face ever-deadlier threats as you go deeper into the dungeon. Gemeaters, Changelings, Hoardmen, Fire Djinns, and many more exist only to kill you.
• TEAM-UP IN 2 - 4 PLAYER CO-OP. Drop into multiplayer games and fight side-by-side, revive fallen comrades, and share valuable treasures as you face the dangers together.
1 player, 2-4 Network Players, 4GB HDD min size, DUALSHOCK4, Remote Play, Online (Optional)
22. Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail!
When we last saw our less-than-dashing hero, Leisure Suit Larry, he was in a rather sticky situation. Not one to be tied down, Larry makes the best of things by going on a cruise to forget the previous escapade. Once he arrives on the deck, he finds out there’s a Mega-Contest for the heart and body of one Captain Thigh, the sexiest sea captain this side of the Atlantic. Our hero must use his wits and wiles...wait, he’ll just cheat and “win” his way into the Captain’s bedroom. Set sail for steamy adventure on the high seas!
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! drops a world-class lounge lizard onto a cruise ship filled with gorgeous women and side-splitting slapstick. Using the latest and greatest technology of the time, the Grope ‘n’ Click interface is perfect for those moments of “one handed mousing”. No more icons! No more messing around! If that’s not enough, you can always type in your own personalized and customized responses and see what happens. Don't miss the final classic installment of the hottest point-and-click adventure in existence!A bountiful bevy of beautiful, bouncing babes in every nook and cranny of the game!
Exquisitely hand-drawn graphics and animation along with some hidden Easter eggs that will make your eyes pop!
Witty humor alongside spicy dialogues, a feast for the discerning and adventurous gentleman!
23. Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
At the beginning, young Edna wakes up in the padded cell of an insane asylum with no memory of her past. She doesn’t have the slightest idea how she wound up there, but one thing is for sure, she wants out! After all, she feels perfectly sane – and her talking stuffed bunny Harvey agrees completely. Together, they attempt an escape and, in doing so, meet their extremely bizarre fellow patients – from the man in the bee costume to the pseudo-Siamese twins Hoti and Moti. But Dr. Marcel, head of the asylum, will stop at nothing to keep Edna from escaping. What does he have planned for her? And why was her memory erased? Gradually, Edna regains her memory of the time before her detention in her cell…Key Features
- Over 20 hours of twisted humor
- Incredibly funny insane characters and crazy dialogs
- Unique comic style
- Unlockable achievements
- German and English voiceovers
- Winner of the 2009 Red Dot Design Award (PC Edition)
- From the creators of the award-winning games The Whispered World and Deponia
24. Runaway 2: The Dream of the Turtle
Travel to the four corners of the world with Brian and Gina in a crazy story packed full of surprises. Pirates, spies, surfers, soldiers, and even aliens get in on the act - all combining to create a wonderfully rewarding experience to savour and remember forever!
With loveable characters, rib-cracking humour, brain-tickling puzzles and stunning graphics, Runaway, The Dream of the Turtle is a glorious sight to behold.
Runaway, The Dream of the Turtle is an adventure game that is a pure pleasure to play.
- A beautifully produced adventure game, with rich scenarios, ever-present humour and captivating puzzles.
- Hundreds of places to explore throughout the world.
- Over an hour of superb animated sequences bring to life the intrigue, plot twists and many comic moments.
- High quality sound featuring cinema quality dubbing, as well an original and hugely inspirational soundtrack with both vocal and instrumental tracks.
25. Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
Enter an enchanting world of legends and magic, filled with gloomy forests, forbidden temples, and abandoned castles; a realm of dark secrets, where your destiny was written long before your birth...
Within the shadow of an ancient forest, on the bottom of a foggy valley, stands the lonely village of Ravenbrook. The folk there are cheerful and diligent, yet warily superstitious. They surround the village with countless charms to keep the evil spirits at bay, for on the other side of the forest, there lies a seemingly bottomless pit, known as the Abyss. It is the place the villagers of Ravenbrook fear most...
On this night, a young woman is returning home for her twin sister’s wedding. The sisters haven’t seen each other in years. Yet the invitation was strange, almost as if someone else wrote it, other than her twin. But still she comes, ignorant of the danger that awaits...
For just before the wedding, amidst the happiness and reverie, a stranger arrived in Ravenbrook...
- Thrilling story, full of intrigue and adventure
- Fuzzy sidekick – the cutest kitty helper you’ve ever met
- 24 versatile mini-games and 14 hidden object scenes
- 38 beautiful, hand-painted locations
- 11 intriguing characters with different passions and dark secrets
- The Book of Elusive Objects tells the story of local legend
- Collect 30 Spirits of the Forest for your Faerie Meadow
- Additional, intriguing story
- 24 achievements to unlock
26. Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood
While explosively stripping the evil pirate LeChuck of his demonic mojo, Guybrush Threepwood inadvertently infects the entire Caribbean with the arch-fiend's expelled voodoo, which threatens to transform buccaneers into unruly pirate monsters. Pursued by a notorious cut-throat Pirate Hunter and a creepy French Physician who believes that Guybrush's eerily-infected hand holds the secret of eternal life, Threepwood sails the seven seas in search of La Esponja Grande, a legendary sea sponge with unparalleled voodoo exfoliating abilities. But little does Guybrush know, his quest is part of a larger, more sinister plot, and good and evil are not always as they seem...
Who can Guybrush trust? Where can he turn? Everything you think you know will be challenged as Tales of Monkey Island builds to its unexpected finale!
Categories in common with Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood: Adventure
27. Before the Echo
Before the Echo combines elements of both rhythm and role-playing games to create an entirely unique experience. Join Ky on his ascent of a mysterious Tower, guided onward by a mysterious girl named Naia. Encounter deadly monsters and ridiculous characters, and discover the grand scheme behind Ky's mysterious imprisonment...that is, if you can survive the journey.
- Fully voice-acted, 10+ hour story mode
- With music by Ronald Jenkees and Michael Wade Hamilton
- Deep item synthesis and spell customization mechanics provide a full RPG experience
- Full integration of Steam achievements and cloud saves
28. Randal's Monday
- No Zombies! (Let's be honest, they are kind of a feature nowadays...) Then again, in fact... We got some of those, so: ZOMBIES!
- A ton of unexpected twists... And even more twists you'll see coming from a mile away
- A hilarious script, written by the best friend of the neighbor of the guy who's Terry Pratchett's barber
29. Runaway 3: A Twist of Fate
Runaway: A Twist of Fate is the adventure game of the year! Featuring a production worthy of a big 2D animated movie, Runaway follows a story full of twists and turns, and packed with comical highlights. All in all, you will be confronted with more than 200 mysteries and puzzles to keep your brain running through a big adventure that you will never forget!
Some say that Brian saw aliens and that he killed someone. Others say that he wanders in the streets of New York, or that he parties in Hawaii. Some even believe that he is dead… But his girlfriend Gina will do everything possible to find him and prove to anyone that they are wrong. Help Brian and Gina solve the mysteries of their greatest adventure packed with humor, suspense, twists, golden chickens, lies and a happy ending… even two happy endings!Key Features:
- A rich scenario, hilarious humor, and stellar realization make Runaway: A Twist of Fate a great adventure game.
- Visit nearly one hundred exceptional visual sets with unequalled detail.
- Dozens of charismatic 3D characters perfectly integrated in the 2D sets.
- An improved engine for better sound and visual quality.
- Different levels of difficulty and a new, fully interactive help system to adapt itself to all players, both novice and experienced.
30. Tower Unite
Tower Unite is a living, evolving world, fueled by the community. Play online games with your friends or make new friends from around the world!
Tower Unite is a large online multiplayer game that spans genres.
- Play minigames such as Minigolf, Ball Race, Virus, and more!
- Earn items
- Hang with your friends in your own personalized house
- Connect with others through a massive Plaza with various attractions and games
- Party with friends!
- Watch synchronized media such as YouTube or Soundcloud
- Suggest new features - we listen!
- No microtransactions or subscription fees
Tower Unite has many games to play, with more to come, such as...
- Supports up to 16 players online
- 8 courses with 18 holes (144 holes total) and more in the works!
- Based on the original 2009 minigolf hit from GMod Tower that inspired other minigolf games
- Unique controls (100% skill, no timers)
- Hole-in-one fireworks
- Wear tiny hats on your golf ball
- Putt in snow, gardens, mines, sky, and even in space!
- Simultaneous putting (everyone putts at once!)
- Player hosted servers
- Supports up to 8 players online
- 4 unique levels and more in the works!
- Thrilling 1 vs All gameplay
- Play as the Dragon and devour the knights
- Turn off the rampaging Dragon as the knights
- Player hosted servers
- Supports up to 16 players online
- 8 unique worlds and more in the works!
- Roll around in a giant ball
- Speed past tricky obstacles
- Player hosted servers
- Supports up to 12 players online
- Survive in 5 unique levels and more in the works!
- Fast paced old school first person shooting action
- Blast infected away with 12 sci-fi weapons
- Team tag elimination, with weapons
- Player hosted servers
- Supports up to 8 players online
- Battle in teams as cat or dog in a struggle for the planet's resources
- Frantic gameplay with lots of sci-fi shooting
- Player hosted servers
Once you've played some of the games, head on over to your personal space...
In Tower Unite, everyone has their own personal space, called a Condo.
- Place tons of different furniture and items
- Watch synchronized media such as YouTube
- Place images from the internet directly into the game synced with online players
- Listen to synchronized music with Soundcloud
- Customize wallpapers, lights, and time of day
- Invite friends to party, chat, voice chat, drink, and eat virtual pizza!
- Play instruments like a piano or drums
- Interact with various weird and cool items
- Build unique creations
- Get a pet cat or dog
- COMING SOON: Cook/craft food and new items
From the Condo, you can exit through your front door into a bigger online experience called the Plaza. The Plaza acts as a gathering point, like a shopping mall.
- Gamble at the Casino
- Walk along the Boardwalk and enjoy:
- Laser Tag
- Typing Derby, a keyboard racing game
- Ferris Wheel
- COMING SOON: Bumper Cars
- COMING SOON: Rollercoaster
- COMING SOON: Fishing
- Laser Tag
- Watch synchronized YouTube videos in the Theater
- Unlock new items at 15 different in-game stores
- Connect to the bigger Game Worlds
- COMING SOON: Explore the ocean with your friends
- COMING SOON: Play games at the Arcade
- Voice chat and text chat
- Player hosted servers
- Play multiplayer games of various genres online with friends.
- Play online Minigolf with up to 16 players.
- Customize yourself with accessories.
- Furnish and design the layout of your personal space (the Condo) with furniture and interactive toys.
- Invite other players over to your Condo for parties and mini-games.
- Watch synchronized YouTube videos in a virtual theater or your Condo.
- Fly around in jetpacks.
- Imbibe alcohol to an irresponsible extent.
- Join official servers or host your own server.
- Hang out with your friends or find new friends!
- Enjoy free DLC, no microtransactions, and developer support.
- Collect tons of unique items with Steam Inventory support.
31. Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure
In Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure, Maxwell unites with Batman™, Superman™ and the rest of The Justice League™ to restore order to the DC Comics Universe.
Challenge your imagination as you battle the mightiest villains in an exciting, action-filled adventure through GOTHAM CITY™, METROPOLIS™, ATLANTIS™ and other iconic locales from the DC Comics Universe. Bring out your inner super hero (or villain!) with the all-new Hero Creator by crafting completely original objects out of parts of existing DC Comics characters. Then assign unique properties to your creations and use them to solve puzzles, or share them online with friends – which they can use in game or further modify as they like.Key Features
- The DC Comics Universe: Summon thousands of your favorite DC Comics characters and objects - all drawn in the unique Scribblenauts art style!
- Heroic Feats: Enjoy addictive replayability with new, dynamic puzzles that continuously generate different missions every time you play it.
- The Hero Creator: Create, edit and share your own personalized super hero or villain by using parts of existing objects from the expansive DC Comics universe. How will your Wonder Joker stack up against your friend’s Bat Bain?
- Introducing the Batcomputer: Need help looking for that perfect object to summon? Reference the in-game encyclopedia that lists the names and description of every object from the DC Comics universe.
32. HIVESWAP: Act 1
Monsters in the yard. Monsters in the house. Monsters in the hall, beating on your door. Your brother's trapped in his treehouse, so he’s not gonna be much help. You're going to have to get yourself out of this. But where did they come from? How are you supposed to deal with this? Well, certainly not by cowering in your room. That's for, uh, cowards.
First things first. You need to open the door.
A LOVE LETTER TO '90s ADVENTURE GAMES
...without the accompanying frustration. As fun and well-paced as you generously remember them being. No dream-logic solutions, no hearing the same “those items don’t work together” message over and over. HIVESWAP has unique responses for everything you can try. Spend hours trying everything on everything, if you want to -- but not because you have to. Learn about the characters by exploring their homes! But like, in a good way! No audio logs split up and scattered around -- GUARANTEED.
HAND-ANIMATED IN TWO DIMENSIONS
Strange homes to explore, every room brimming with secrets. The world of HIVESWAP is beautiful and alive, from its hyper-detailed environments to its gorgeous fully-rendered animations. Come take a look!
MUSIC TO MAKE YOU WEEP
An eclectic, ambitious, genre-spanning soundtrack, featuring contributions from Undertale’s Toby Fox and, regrettably, at least one third-wave ska song. Also featuring at least one pseudo-revolutionary garage rock duo, with regrets of their own.
WORLDS TO SEE, TEENS TO BE
Play as JOEY CLAIRE, EXTRAORDINAIRE, a teen trapped in her room and in 1994. Play as JUDE HARLEY, BIZARRELY, her kid brother, trapped in his treehouse. Play as XEFROS TRITOH, ALIEN REBEL, wait. Aliens?
JUST GETTING STARTED
HIVESWAP: Act 1 is the first of a four-part series set in Andrew Hussie’s Homestuck universe, with a companion series, Hauntswitch, to follow. Continue your save from chapter to chapter, then from game to game, to carry your story, choices, friendships and frenemies across them all--then do it again! Once released, HIVESWAP and Hauntswitch will be playable in either order. Haven’t read Homestuck? That’s fine! This game is set in 1994! Homestuck hasn’t even been invented yet!
33. The Little Acre
The Little Acre follows the story of Aidan and his daughter, Lily, set in 1950’s Ireland. After discovering clues as to the whereabouts of his missing father, Aidan begins investigating until he inadvertently finds himself transported to a strange new world. Ever the hero, Lily sets off after him, encountering her own perils along the way. Featuring full voice-acting and hand-drawn animation, The Little Acre is a memorable, lovingly crafted adventure game.
The Little Acre is developed by Pewter Games alongside Executive Producer Charles Cecil (Broken Sword, Beneath a Steel Sky).
Two playable characters
Traditional hand-drawn animation
Unique perspective transitions
Beautiful original score
Fully voice acted
34. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
A legendary series returns with a grand new adventure!
Enjoy a colorful action-adventure game made alongside Ryuichi Nishizawa, creator of the original Wonder Boy in Monster World series.
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom borrows the best from the classic series to deliver a fresh, modern adventure with fun gameplay, memorable music and gorgeous hand drawn animations.
Can Jin save Monster World Kingdom? Help our young hero defeat challenging enemies, discover hidden locations, upgrade powerful equipment, and more! You'll also unlock special forms with unique skills used to open new paths where mighty bosses and secret treasures await.
Six awesome forms with unique combat and platforming abilities to make your adventure exciting from start to finish.
Unlock new paths and secrets with special equipment: look for magic weapons and items that gradually open up the world.
Over 15 hours of epic adventure: explore the new Monster World in a vast interconnected environment.
Hand Drawn animations: characters and enemies come to life with detailed animations and fun facial expressions.
Soundtrack from iconic Japanese composers: Yuzo Koshiro, Motoi Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane, Keiki Kobayashi and Takeshi Yanagawa.
35. The Inner World
The Inner World – A 2D-Point’n’Click Adventure
Robert is a novice, a bit clueless, but with a heart of gold. He lives a peaceful life as a court musician in Asposia's largest wind monastery. Contrary to the laws of physics, Asposia is an enormous, hollow space surrounded by an infinite expanse of earth. The world's air is provided through three wind fountains, but as one wind fountain after the other petered out and the wind gods came to Asposia, all of the sudden Robert found him in the middle of a whirlwind.
Together with the help of the mysterious thief Laura, his best intentions and no clue whatsoever, Robert sets off on his adventure to discover the secret of the wind's disappearance. Will the young adventurer be able to save his world? And what are Laura´s secret intentions…?Features, Features, Features! This is where The Inner World shows what it means to be lavishly with tons of content waiting for you:
- Screamingly funny dialogues!
- Numerous tricky puzzles!
- A handmade world fully drawn with love and devotion invites you to discover countless details (at least 325!).
- A patented multi-level hint system enables everyone to finish the game!
- A wonderful comforting atmosphere!
- Eye-pampering backgrounds in non-stereoscopic handmade 2D (!) – going up against all current graphic trends!
- Five spectacular chapters!
- A story with more twists than any Asposian nose!
- Stunning cartoon-like animations!
- The most epic soundtrack since the origin of Asposia as well as professional voice overs – even lip sync!
- Lots of cut scenes! Optional hotspots!
- ... And of course: Robert, the very-very-very-VERY-last hope for Asposia!
36. My Brother Rabbit
A loving family discovers that their daughter has fallen ill. While her parents set out to get her the treatment she needs, her determined older brother turns to the power of imagination to help them cope. While the outside world offers a harsh reality, these innocent children create a surreal fantasy world that gives them the play and comfort they need. Embark on a grand journey to five different lands filled with incredible robo-moose, floating baobabs, giant mushrooms, and clocks melting to the rhythm of passing time.
Imagination will find a way
In this magnificent land of make-believe, a cute little rabbit wants to nurse his ill friend the flower back to health in any way he can. He must use his wits to decipher puzzles inspired by classic point-and-clicks, uncover hidden objects, and play minigames to continue his adventure. Is it just child’s play or does it all have a deeper meaning that reflects reality?
An emotional story of love and courage
Take part in this inspiring story of siblings who support each other in difficult times through the power of imagination. Accompany them on the quest to help the flower regain its health.
Tons of environmental puzzles, minigames, and hidden objects
Travel through the wondrous lands of a colorful universe where you must question everything you know about reality. Help the rabbit solve puzzles, find hidden objects, and assemble strange machinery in a world where conventional logic doesn’t apply.
Fantastic music by Arkadiusz Reikowski
Every step in the journey is accentuated by the atmospheric music created by the composer behind the scores for Layers of Fear, Kholat, Husk, and >observer_.
A nostalgic journey to a time when dreams had the power to build worlds
Remember your childhood and see the world through young eyes again. Believe in the power of imagination: it always finds a way, even in the darkest of times. Your empathy and ingenuity can save the day. How will this journey end?
37. Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry
Hey ladies, I’m back in business! My new adventure, Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don’t Dry, takes me – whatever the route or twist of fate – from the end of the ’80s directly into the 21st century and wow, how the world has changed! While my view of the world and women from way back in the 1980s collides with modern reality harder than the breasts of a lusciously stacked blonde jogging along a beach, I’m all set to date my way across the modern world!
In a “point & click” adventure I’d call typical for the genre we mutually experience how I fall head-over-heels in love with Faith, the hot-to-trot assistant to the boss at Prune, a technology enterprise successful worldwide. Since even dating is done digitally nowadays, the first thing I have to do is to work on my score at Timber, the totally hip, can’t-get-anywhere-without-it dating app where I date women, satisfy their needs, and accordingly pick up points for my Timber profile. And whenever I get a chance in between, always briefly check out a few new bikini pix at Instacrap – the 21st century is gnarly smill!
Leisure Suit Larry is coming in the 21st century – and no, there’s no word missing here
Explore a lovingly designed, non-linear game world set in the modern world with over 30 handdrawn venues
Use “Timber”, the ingame app, along with an innovative dating mechanism to date women, consequently improve your score at Timber, and ultimately clear the way to get to Faith, the women of your dreams
Solve true-blue puzzles and interact with over 30 handdrawn characters
Categories in common with Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry: Adventure
38. Grim Legends 3: The Dark City
PLAY THE CAPTIVATING THIRD INSTALLMENT OF GRIM LEGENDS!
Grim Legends 3: The Dark City is a high-quality hidden object puzzle adventure game that focuses on mini games and puzzle solving in the creepy scenery of a gothic city.
HUNT MONSTERS IN THE HAND PAINTED GOTHIC CITY!
Sylvia, the acolyte of the mysterious monster hunting Order, loses her memory. One year later, the Incarceri Stone – a powerful artifact that binds Koshmaar, a horrifying creature from another world – is stolen!
36 CAPTIVATING HAND PAINTED LOCATIONS!
Sylvia and her master, Solomon, embark on an adventure that will lead them into the city of Lichtenheim, where they will face the thief whose identity will come as no less a shock than the actual disappearance of the artifact.
TEST YOURSELF IN 36 MINI GAMES AND HIDDEN OBJECT SCENES!
The heroin and her mentor will need to put on their detective hats and face not only the evil forces within the gothic walls of the grim city, but also dark secrets from the past. Will Silvia succeed in recovering the Incarceri and prevent the Koshmaar from breaking free? Will she muster the courage to save Lichtenheim and its inhabitants?
HELP THE ESTRANGED LOVERS IN A BONUS ADVENTURE FROM THE COLLECTOR’S EDITION!
The additional content contains an immersive bonus adventure that will pull you deeper into the game!
BRING THE HIDDEN OBJECTS PUZZLES ADVENTURE WITH YOU!
Optimized for phones and tablets, filled with hidden objects, perfect for playing while traveling. No Wi Fi required for this offline game!
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER FOR NEW ADVENTURE GAMES EVERY MONTH!
Captivating adventures, stories, tales, and eerie mysteries await in our selection of immersive hidden object puzzle games!
- Master the third installment of Grim Legends!
- 36 atmospheric hand-painted locations!
- Test yourself in 36 mini-games and hidden object scenes!
- Help the estranged lovers in bonus adventure!
- Examine and put together useful items!
39. Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside
Sam is an ordinary kid who, with the help of his red cape, turns into "superhero" Pajama Sam. In No Need to Hide When It’s Dark Outside, Pajama Sam journeys into the land of darkness (his closet) to face his fears. Help Pajama Sam figure out who or what is behind the darkness and realize that there is no need to hide when it’s dark outside!
Think, listen, explore--fun learning encourages critical thinking, fosters listening and memory skills, and reinforces good social skills.
Cartoon-quality learning adventure where you choose where the characters go.
Explore exciting locations and collect information to complete the adventure.
The adventure changes each time you play!
This product uses ScummVM across Windows, Mac and Linux which is released under the GNU GPL v2.
For more information, please visit - http://www.scummvm.org
The GNU GPL can be viewed here - https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
40. Grotesque Tactics 2 – Dungeons and Donuts
Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons & Donuts is the successor to the celebrated RPG-parody Grotesque Tactics. Experience an ironic story-driven RPG with humorous dialogue-puzzles in the style of Monkey Island as well as a strategic combat system, where your party members are controlled simultaneously.
Our story starts as the citizens of the Kingdom of Glory celebrate their victory over the Dark Church. While in the catacombs of their former enemies, their revelry is disturbed by a sudden all-encompassing fog. The citizens wrapped by the fog disappear screaming into nothing. Those that remain alive after the strange attack, barricade themselves in the depths of the catacombs. As time passes, food becomes scarce and the people of the Kingdom of Glory begin to realize that they might all meet their demise. The ‘heroic’ Knights of Glory, shady mercenaries and the arrogant high elves band together into guilds in order to survive and escape the dank catacombs. Unfortunately, the guilds are far too concerned with their distaste for each other and are oblivious to the awakening of dark forces in the dungeons below…
- Experience the thrilling, deadly and sometimes humorous turn-based combat.
- Join up with comrades-in-arms and create your own guild to help defeat the mighty bosses.
- Play babysitter as you alleviate conflict amongst your party, so they attack the enemy and not each other.
- Each guild member has a talent tree to improve and specialize their skills after your advancements.
- You can choose from three different factions; the High Elves, the Mercenary Guild or the Kingdom of Glory.
- Each faction has an alternate ending depending on decisions made in the game.
- The story pokes fun at the RPG genre and popular games, such as Oblivion, Gothic and LOTR.
- Become a successful Guild Master by collecting gold and improving your reputation.
- Food is rare and has become the new currency - collect food, learn to cook and woo survivors to your side with delicious meals such as hippie grub, spider salami, or the zombie cocktail!
- Different levels of difficulty make sure that both beginners and experts will enjoy the game.
41. Blacksad: Under the Skin
A dark corruption scandal in the heart of the New York City's underworld for charismatic detective John Blacksad!
The 50s, New York City: Joe Dunn, owner of a boxing club, is found dead.
Meanwhile, rising star Bobby Yale, due to take to the ring for the most important fight of his career, has mysteriously disappeared.
Sonia Dunn, Joe’s daughter, takes over the gym and must deal with its financial woes. She hires private detective John Blacksad to investigate Yale’s disappearance. This sinister case will take our investigator to the darkest, most dismal depths of New York.
With its anthropomorphic characters and its incredible 1950s feel, BLACKSAD: Under the Skin promises all the eerily dark adventure of a detective novel, just like the eponymous comic book series.
Conduct the investigation in your own way. Make use of your feline senses as you hunt for new clues. Make decisions on behalf of Blacksad and influence the outcome of the case.
Categories in common with Blacksad: Under the Skin: Adventure
42. 60 Parsecs!
In the late 1950s, the Cold War opens up a new front: THE OUTER SPACE!
When an unlikely crew of astronauts gets stranded among the stars after a haphazard evacuation from the exploding space station, their fate rests in your hands.
Time to act, Captain!
Get your people and enough supplies to the space rocket, before the incoming nukes, accidental debris or the vaccum get you first. Is 60 seconds enough to prepare for the 60 parsec, unplanned journey into the unkown?
Hurled into the depth of far away galaxies, only you can get everyone back home. Decide what to do, facing impossible odds every day and a unique adventure every time you play. Ration food, somewhat radioactive fuel and make the best of your supplies to keep your crew spaceworthy.
Can you survive the horrors lurking outside and within your space rocket?
- SCAVENGE for supplies, resources and your crew in just 60 seconds and live with the consequences of your frantic decisions!
- SURVIVE the farthest reaches of outer space with an almost competent crew and a modest supply of soup cans in your trusty space rocket. Can you reach your destination?
- EXPLORE the vastness of space in a procedural, non-linear narrative, incorporating roguelite elements for short but intense play sessions, where every decision made can make it or break it.
- CRAFT your own space-faring adventure and experience a neverending stream of story events with a diverse cast of characters*!
* including, but not limited to space octopi, the infamous swinging aliens of Omicron-7 and of course those pesky Soviets.
The most violent adventure game of all time comes to Steam!
You wake up one morning to a town full of strangers and inexplicable sights. You share your home with your not so perfect family and your supposed fiancee lives next door. Then you are plunged into a nightmare! Your fiancee is missing and you find a hideous bloody skull and spinal chord draped across her bed! Is it hers? What is going on? The only clue left behind is an engraved invitation for you to enter...
THE ORDER OF THE HARVEST MOON
...a mysterious organisation that controls the town in way you don't (or can't) understand.
Is the order behind this gruesome execution? What are their motives?
One thing is certain, you're going to get to the bottom of this killing, or die trying.
Categories in common with Harvester: Adventure
44. Candle: The Power of the Flame
Candle is an adventure with challenging puzzles. Play as Teku, a young novice on a dangerous journey to rescue his tribe's shaman from the evil tribe of the Wakcha. But the way is littered with sinister traps and difficult obstacles. To master these challenges, you need to have keen eyes and a good sense for your environment, or your next step may be your last.
But Teku has a special gift: his left hand is a candle. Let it be a bright beacon to drive off your enemies or to shed light on dark places.
Gorgeous hand-painted watercolor visuals give Candle that special flair, as all backgrounds and characters have been carefully drawn and then scanned, picture after picture. The game consistently feels like a living painting.
45. Biodrone Battle
"Looks well made and polished."
Somewhere in the far future, mankind succeeded in building the first artificial beings from biological and electronic components.
Not surprisingly, one of their first applications were as highly intelligent battle drones. These drones are called Bionics. The Bionics constantly enhance their artificial brains by learning rapidly from all previous perceptions. Their self-awareness develops day by day. Eventually, they chose to turn against their creators.
All training rooms in the laboratory are now occupied by aggressive battle machines. Their utmost desire is to survive in all scenarios and to preserve autonomy.
Your mission is to eliminate all hostile drones fighting to keep their recently gained autonomy.
A remote-controlled drone is the only way to defeat the rebels by using two methods that go hand in hand: shooting and morphing.
Unfortunately, your starter drone is too weak to compete with much stronger opponents. Therefore, morph into more powerful drones in order to benefit from their abilities for a limited time. Here's the drawback: you cannot morph without energy packs dropped by killed drones which leads back to method one - shooting.
The game is a tribute to the memorable Paradroid.
46. One Eyed Kutkh
One-Eye Kutkh - an exciting space adventure based on the fairy tales of the Far North.
A single traveler on his way home crashes on a mysterious planet. To continue his journey, he'll have to get to the ninth heaven, deceive the Sun and the Moon and steal their space-boats.
- The unique graphic style
- A mix of fiction and fairy tales of the Far North
- Explore the World Tree
- Two playable characters
- The game tells its story through the action
- Interesting and simple puzzles for everyone: from child to elder
One Eye Kutkh is an experimental project, something in between video game, theatrical performance and an animated film. But most importantly, One-Eye Kutkh is a unique world filled with the atmosphere of the Northern myths. The challenge of the game lies not within obstacles that prevent the player from moving forward, but within the possibility to see the world through the eyes of his heroes.
We will be happy if you give our game an hour of your time and are grateful if you tell us about your impressions, good or bad.
If you liked "One Eyed Kutkh" and you'd like to support developers you can do that by buying DLC. Here's a list of what you'll get for purchasing it:
- Two digital art books showcasing concept art (44 pages), in-game art (32 pages) and scans from design notebook (80 pages).
- Original music soundtrack consists of 6 original and one bonus track, a total of 15 minutes.
- Desktop backgrounds.
47. Loot Rascals
Only you can rescue Big Barry - your huge robot head pal - from a space theme park that’s been invaded by a tentacled pan-dimensional godbeast.
Explore an alien planet, beat a menagerie of strange baddies and win Loot Cards which give you special abilities. Choosing which to equip requires strategic thinking - the way you lay them out is crucial, and some must be sacrificed because cards are also the precious resources you need to heal and use powerful abilities.
Careful though because baddies can loot you! The cards they steal drop into other players’ games. When you defeat an Elite Baddie you’ll get another player’s card: will you return it or keep it for yourself?
Either way, prepare for a visit from that player's Holographic Helper to shower you with thanks or terrible vengeance - Loot Rascals is a tale of friendship, loss, and redemption!
Every game is different in this procedurally generated roguelike: gather Loot Cards, show the Thing Below who’s boss, and fly Big Barry to victory!
48. Darkestville Castle
Like any decent demon Cid spends his nights performing all kind of evil deeds to the peaceful people of Darkestville. Little does he know that his old arch enemy is about to change his life forever.
Live the adventure of Cid, the demon of Darkestville, a laid-back being of pure darkness that will see his evil routine life disrupted by The Romero brothers, a group of demon hunters hired by Dan Teapot, Cid’s arch enemy. Follow CId through an epic quest full of danger, intrigue, and ridiculous premises.
The game pays tribute to late 90’s point-and-click adventure games, featuring fascinating fairy-tale story and trendy visuals in Tim Burton’s style. It delivers more than 7 hours of truly enjoyable gameplay to both old and new generations. Dive into the unforgettable good old-fashioned atmosphere of classic adventure games and meet dozens of funny characters living in this amazing hand-painted world of Darkestville Castle.
• Point-and-click adventure classics in the same vein as Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle
• Lots of Tim Burton-esque gallows humor
• Funny characters and charismatic protagonist
• Dozens of carefully designed levels
• Quirky and trendy visuals
• Numerous puzzles
• Captivating story
• More than 7 hours of exciting gameplay
• Violence, horror and death-free adventure for all ages
• This Game has been awarded with an INDIE PRIZE as the BEST GAME NARRATIVE
FIRE is a puzzleventure with intuitive puzzle design. Without losing many words it tells a savagely hilarious story. Journey into the Stone Age and face the most challenging task of this era: The search for fire!
This story's hero is the lovably chaotic Neanderthal Ungh who dozes off during his very first night watch. The next morning, the catastrophe ensues: the fire's gone out and Ungh is banished from his village. Now you have to help Ungh finding a new flame, searching every corner of the Stone Age world. No matter if he has to search the insides of a dinosaur, smoldering volcanoes or even through time itself, there is no place Ungh wouldn't look for new fire.
One click or swipe and your environment comes to life. A small dash of logic and you'll be able to solve any puzzle and there will be no limit to your exploratory spirit while interacting with the game's world: fire coconuts from a mammoth's trunk, turn into an animal or save the fair maiden from the Octo-Boss' grasp.
- No text or dialogue at all
- Coherent and intuitive controls
- Explore a lovable, vividly animated Stone Age world
- 10 beautifully hand-drawn sceneries
- Atmospheric soundtrack by the composer of "The Night of the Rabbit" included with every purchase
„It’s [...] an intriguing evolution of the genre”
„After the presentation I would have loved to start right away.“
50. Near Death
After your plane crash-lands in Antarctica, you find yourself stranded and alone at an abandoned research facility in the midst of a deadly blizzard. Plunged into utter darkness, temperatures 100 degrees below zero, and conditions far too harsh to allow for rescue, you must explore Sutro Station and and use the tools at your disposal in hopes of escaping and finding your way home.
Not a survival game, but instead a game about surviving, Near Death pits you against an incredibly cruel opponent: Antarctica. Never more than a few minutes from freezing to death in the darkness of polar night, you must reclaim the station from the elements and fight for your life in a terrifying environment that’s more like another planet than the world you know.Features
- A fully explorable Antarctic research station with seamless open world navigation over an unforgiving landscape.
- Unique gameplay and innovative player tools suited to the harsh realities of a frigid, dark continent. Mark your way with light trails in zero-visibility storms, melt frozen obstacles to explore the base in search of much-needed supplies, create pockets of warmth with a personal heater, and more.
- A dynamic weather system that utilizes snow, wind, temperature, and lighting to create a multitude of Antarctic conditions ranging from blinding whiteouts to brief moments of calm.
- A real-time temperature simulation that freezes and thaws the environment room by room based on exposure to the elements, building layouts, the base’s power system, and your own ability to establish safe areas with makeshift repairs.
- Discoverable blueprints and upgrades that enhance your capabilities and increase your ability to withstand the cold.
- An original score of haunting ambient music that amplifies the isolation of Sutro Station.