Trying to find games like Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition? Try these 100 great games that are similar to Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition that have been tried, tested and recommended.
The best games like Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition are:
- arrow_rightAlien: Isolation
- arrow_rightFTL: Faster Than Light
- arrow_rightFINAL FANTASY VI
- arrow_rightGems of War
- arrow_rightHalo Wars: Definitive Edition
100 Best Games Like Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (22)
- PlayStation 4 (37)
- iOS (46)
- Android (29)
- macOS (99)
- Linux (67)
- Nintendo Switch (21)
- Nintendo 3DS (9)
- Nintendo DS (5)
- Xbox 360 (12)
- Xbox (4)
- PlayStation 3 (19)
- PlayStation 2 (8)
- PlayStation (11)
- PS Vita (8)
- PSP (7)
- Wii U (5)
- Wii (8)
- GameCube (5)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (8)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (2)
- SNES (7)
- NES (5)
- Classic Macintosh (6)
- Apple II (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (13)
- Atari 5200 (1)
- Atari 2600 (3)
- Atari Flashback (1)
- Atari 8-bit (4)
- Atari ST (8)
- Genesis (7)
- SEGA Saturn (3)
- SEGA CD (1)
- Dreamcast (3)
- Web (1)
1. Alien: Isolation
Alien: Isolation is an action-survival horror game played from the first-person perspective for a more intense experience. The game is not a sequel to any of Alien games, but it is directly connected to the original 1979 Alien film, so the gameplay includes historical references, and the game itself transfers the unique atmosphere and the old vision of the future. The action is set 15 years after the film events. Young Amanda Ripley accompanied by Nina Taylor and the android Christopher Samuels reaches a distant space station Sevastopol to investigate the case of her mother Ellen Ripley (the protagonist of the 1979 film) disappearance. On the way to the Nostromo’s (Ellen’s spacecraft) flight recorder, Amanda will face plenty of hardships like hostile androids and Aliens because the Sevastopol station is wholly abandoned. Players have to explore the entire station inhabited with Aliens. Due to the crafting system, players can create the necessary gear to prevent contacts with countless enemies.
Categories in common with Alien: Isolation: Action
2. FTL: Faster Than Light
FTL: Faster Than Light is a roguelike strategy game set in space civil war in the Galactic Federation. You control a spaceship that has to deliver an essential package of data to the Federation headquarters. This data can help defeat the rebel’s army and finish the war. To do so, you have to travel through eight procedurally generated space segments. Within those segments, the player can encounter other ships and NPCs both friendly and hostile as well as random events.
The gameplay’s key feature is that the player does not control the spaceship itself but rather the ship’s crew. During the game, the player can hire or rescue new crew members from different races. Each team member has its characteristics that affect how well he can handle different systems on the ship or his movement speed and fighting skills.
The game is notable for its high difficulty primarily since ship’s destruction causes save files deleting.
Stellaris, an evolution of the grand strategy genre with space exploration at its core.
Featuring deep strategic gameplay, a rich and enormously diverse selection of alien races and emergent storytelling, Stellaris has engaging challenging gameplay that rewards interstellar exploration as you traverse, discover, interact and learn more about the multitude of species you will encounter during your travels.
Etch your name across the cosmos by forging a galactic empire; colonizing remote planets and integrating alien civilizations. Will you expand through war alone or walk the path of diplomacy to achieve your goals?Main Features
- Deep & Varied Exploration.
- Enormous procedural galaxies, containing thousands of planets.
- Explore Anomalies with your heroic Scientist leaders.
- Infinitely varied races through customization and procedural generation.
- Advanced Diplomacy system worthy of a Grand Strategy Game.
- Ship Designer based on a vast array of technologies.
- Stunning space visuals.
4. FINAL FANTASY VI
FINAL FANTASY VI first debuted in 1994 as the sixth instalment in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Innovations included the ability to play all the main characters as the game's protagonist, and to this day, its epic story intertwining each of their fates is still highly rated and wildly popular.
With plenty of abilities available and the magicite system for controlling spells/summoning, players can develop their characters any way they want. This was also the first FINAL FANTASY game to include the Ultima Weapon, the most powerful sword of all and a recurring item in subsequent titles within the series.
The War of Magi left little but ashes and misery in its wake. Even magic itself had vanished from the world. Now, a thousand years later, humankind has remade the world through the power of iron, gunpowder, steam engines, and other machines and technologies.
But there is one who possesses the lost power of magic--a young girl name Terra whom the evil Empire has kept enslaved in an effort to harness her power as weapon. This leads to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire's clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.
Veteran character designer Kazuko Shibuya has painstakingly recreated the graphics, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your PC for the very first time!
Updated controls and active-time battle system are optimized for fluid combat for PC
Includes Steam achievements and Trading cards.
Categories in common with FINAL FANTASY VI: Role Playing
Xenonauts is a strategy game in which you control a multi-national military organisation defending a Cold War-era Earth from alien invasion, using small squads of persistent soldiers to eliminate the extraterrestrials and recover their technology in turn-based ground combat. A detailed strategic layer allows you to co-ordinate the defence of the planet, using your interceptors to shoot down UFOs and researching captured artefacts to learn about your foes and unlock new combat equipment to use on your missions.
Xenonauts is a spiritual successor to the classic X-Com strategy games from the 1990s. We aim to improve the graphics, add new content and streamline the interface whilst still retaining all of the key mechanics of the original games. Devoted fans should love this game, but we're also keen to introduce the joys of old-school grand strategy to a whole new generation of players who might not otherwise experience it!
Please note that the native Mac / Linux versions of the game are still in beta, however older WINE-wrapped "ports" are available and known to be stable whilst development of the native ports is still ongoing.Key Features
- Ground Combat: Xenonauts delivers tense turn-based combat across realistic, varied and fully-destructible battlefields, against almost fifty different variants of enemy. Missions range from capturing crashed UFOs or alien bases to defending cities (or even Xenonaut facilities) against alien attack. You'll experience the chill of encountering a new alien for the first time and the joys of test-firing a new weapon for the first time. Deeply asymmetric combat keeps the battles interesting - after all, you're fighting intergalactic invaders with 1970's ballistic technology!
- Strategic Management: You will also be managing the defence of the planet, dealing with the invading alien UFOs with your customisable interceptors. You need to balance the needs of your funding nations with your own. Your funds are limited - are you going to spend them on battlefield equipment, more scientists, or expanding your coverage of the planet? Your priorities must be balanced carefully if you are to win the war.
- Research Tree: Xenonauts has an extensive research tree with almost a hundred projects to unlock, each with its own unique description and painted artwork. It slowly reveals the intentions and origins of the invaders, while also unlocking new battlefield equipment, aircraft and vehicles for you to use as you harness alien technology and turn it against them.
- Persistent Soldiers: Soldiers in Xenonauts are persistent from mission to mission, improving their stats and gaining ranks with combat experience - but their deaths are always only a single bad move away. You will grow to care about the brave men and women under your command as they slowly grow from green rookies into hardened veterans, but that only makes it more painful when their heroic tale is cruelly cut short by a burst of plasma fire...
- Detailed, Emergent Simulation: Xenonauts contains no scripted missions, just broad rules setting the pace of the invasion. As such, no game plays out the same twice. If you shoot a Scout UFO down over a polar area, you get a Crash Site mission where you can capture a crashed Scout UFO in an Arctic tileset. Commence a battle at night and you'll be fighting the mission in the darkness with reduced sight range. If your base is attacked, you fight the defence in a perfect replica of your base. A lot of time has gone into weaving the two very different halves of the game together into something that feels both natural and enjoyable.
6. Gems of War
Gems of War is a puzzle role-playing game developed by Infinite Interactive. The game is a spiritual successor of another game made by the same developer, Puzzle Quest.
There is not much plot present in the game. The players create their character, choose their faction, and start off as a troop commander in an army of the faction they chose.
Gems of War is heavily inspired by Hearthstone and uses its core gameplay mechanic while putting its own spin on it. The players engage their enemies on the game board, by choosing specific cards. After that, a gem mini-game, similar to Candy Crush Saga, starts. The better the player completes the mini-game - the more damage will be dealt to the enemy. At this stage of the enemy encounter, the players have to put three gems of the same type in one row.
After completing several battles, the players will be invited to fight in a guild. Guilds grant the players specific abilities to use in the mini-game as well as new troop cards.
Several card types are present in the game. Some of them deal damage directly to the enemy or their cards, others provide upgrades to the player, while everything else serves to create additional hardships for your enemies.
It is possible to play the game at multiple platforms at the same time by logging in your game account at a new device.
7. Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is an enhanced version of the real-time strategy classic, Halo Wars, updated to run natively on PC.
Set early in the iconic war between the Covenant and UNSC - made famous by the Halo FPS games - Halo Wars: Definitive Edition provides a unique angle on the war while bringing new heroes to the battlefield. Control large Halo armies and direct them in action-packed warfare.
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition includes improved graphics, new achievements and all the DLC from the landmark game. Experience the epic campaign or compete in online multiplayer battles with armies of powerful Halo forces at your command.
Network play for this product is exclusive to Steam. Cross-play with Windows Store versions of the same game is not supported.
Categories in common with Halo Wars: Definitive Edition: Strategy
Artifact is a digital card game coming from the makers of Dota®2 and Steam®. A collaboration between legendary card game designer Richard Garﬁeld and game and technology maker Valve (Dota 2, Steam), Artifact offers the deepest gameplay and the highest-fidelity experience ever seen in a trading card game. It features more than 280 cards in the shipping set, including 44 heroes. Targeted for release on Steam in late 2018, players will be able to buy and sell cards on the Steam Community Marketplace. Artifact will also be supported as a service through expansions, competitive events, and new features.
Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
Categories in common with Artifact: Strategy
Prismata—the gripping debut from Lunarch Studios—radically redefines the strategy genre by combining elements of real-time strategy, card games, and tabletop strategy games to create something entirely new and unique.
Competing against other humans or ruthlessly efficient AI, you'll plan devastating attacks through a series of quick-fire turns. Will you outwit your opponents by striking at the perfect moment? Or will you fall victim to a devious trap?Game Modes
- Campaign: an enthralling 40-mission story-based single player adventure
- Casual Match: play friendly games against other humans or one of 30 different AI personalities
- Combat Training: over 50 hand-crafted puzzles and scenarios dripping with fascinating strategy insights
- Ranked Play: get paired against opponents of similar skill and compete for a spot on the leaderboards
- Custom Games: play bots or friends with fully editable unit pools, time controls, handicaps, AI difficulty, and more
- Expert Challenge: ultra-difficult mission variants for players seeking extreme challenges
- Event Mode: heart-pounding blitz brawl tourneys and crazy mode-of-the-week events with prizes
The StoryHundreds of years in the future, humans have engineered a prosperous new civilization on the distant planet Beacon, where the sun never sets. Meanwhile, the planet's frigid dark side has been colonized by an enigmatic faction of intelligent machines that threaten humanity with conflict.
In these new cybernetic times, human soldiers are obsolete. Instead, warfare is conducted swiftly with massive armies of robots. The Swarmwielders—human commanders of these mechanical forces—are the defenders of society, training relentlessly for the day when the machines strike again. However, when their own robots start to mysteriously malfunction, the humans find themselves endangered by something much closer than the machines lurking beyond the fringe.
- State-of-the-art enemy AI created by Professor David Churchill, winner of the 2013 StarCraft AI competition
- A custom replay browser where you can watch, share, and analyze game replays
- New Prismata units added regularly, each with a unique role and purpose in combat
- 100+ Steam Achievements to unlock
- Real-time spectator mode: watch live matches featuring top players
- Absolutely zero pay-to-win—no card packs to open; all units are free for all players
- Over 500 customizable emotes and 250 awesome unit skins to collect
- No randomness! Your fate is determined by your skill alone
- Over 100 trillion unique gameplay scenarios, each with a different optimal strategy to discover
GameplayIn Prismata, you’ll collect resources, create workers and technologies, assemble an all-conquering army, and trade blows with your opponent until one of you is obliterated. Prismata blends elegant turn-based mechanics with the tactical decision-making elements that are at the heart of real-time strategy games.
Featuring simple and intuitive economic and combat systems, Prismata is incredibly easy to learn. However, no two Prismata matches are ever the same. Every game, players get a new pool of extra buildable units that must be used to their fullest potential. There are always new builds to plan and discover, and new threats to respond to. Each battle is fresh and unique.
Containing no pre-built decks, random advantages, or luck-of-the-draw moments, Prismata’s cat-and-mouse duels celebrate quick-fire tactics, deep thinking, and decisive strategy. Will you execute a perfectly-timed attack, or will you build up a monstrous economy and overpower your opponent with a massive army?Testimonials from supporters and Kickstarter backers:"Almost nothing comes close to achieving this level of polish, depth, and replayability."
- Kevin "qxc" Riley, retired StarCraft pro-gamer and game designer
"Full skill, full focus, no RNG. It is beautiful!"
- Adrian "Lifecoach" Koy, Hearthstone and Gwent professional
"It's so good. I wake up and I'm like 'Yes, I get to play this game again.' I love it."
- Frederick "Freddybabes" Bird, Gwent Challenger, Open, and Slam champion
"I'm over-the-top addicted. Best game I've ever played."
- Mike "Timex" McDonald, poker professional
"A game I have been looking for all my life."
"One of the most intricate, well-thought-out, and best games I have ever played... the first and only game of its unique genre."
"More worthwhile than any other game."
"Truly unique in its ability to refine RTS and card game themes down to the core strategic decisions without the RNG or APM."
"Finally, a card game that removes the ‘luck’ aspect."
"When I start Prismata, it feels like my inner child is opening a bottomless toy box that's always holding something new and exciting."
"I honestly feel like a genius after I play a good game."
"Prismata is very approachable, yet there's always more to learn."
"I'm a filthy casual and I love playing a quick competitive game."
"10/10 strategy game! Phenomenal concept, unlimited replay value."
"Why did I even bother with those other games."
"I feel fortunate to live in the age of Prismata—the best game I've ever played."
"No mortal has 400 real APM. That's why we play Prismata, and leave StarCraft to the demigods."
"If you ever thought you'd be great at StarCraft if only you had the APM, now you can prove it."
"After 3 years and 11,000 games, I'm still innovating new strategies, and I don't expect that to ever stop."
"Prismata is the best thing that ever happened to me."
"It's as good as they say."
10. Subsurface Circular
MEET THE LOCALS, PICK UP THE LINGO
A detective stationed on the Subsurface Circular investigates a series of disappearances among the city’s robotic working class. Collect words and phrases, then use them in dialogue puzzles to uncover the world's secrets and determine its future.
Inspired by classic adventure games and modern dialogue systems, Bithell Games has created a single session story which respects your time and your intelligence.Key Features
- A mature, polished, one-sitting game.
- Developed by the award-winning team behind Thomas Was Alone and Volume.
- A graphical twist on the classic text-based adventure.
- Uses 'Focus Points', a unique vocabulary-based inventory system.
- Original soundtrack by Dan le Sac.
- Comprehensive art gallery featuring the detailed work that went into this world.
- Unlockable ‘BithellBot’, our interactive take on a developer’s commentary.
If this game is ‘short’, what’s to stop me getting a refund when I’m done?
You’re browsing Steam, which means you understand the work that goes into games, and are in principle up for paying for ones that entertain you. We hope that after a bit of time with Subsurface Circular, you’ll feel good about the price you paid.
Do I need to have played other Bithell games to enjoy this one?
No. Subsurface Circular tells its own self contained story.
Why is the game only available in English?
As you can imagine, a text adventure game contains a terrifying amount of text, but more importantly, throughout the game we use the particular quirks of word ordering and double meaning in English to support the combination and recombination of threads. Put simply, other languages are going to be more than a straight translation: They’re going to need rewrites and changed design. Not impossible, but more than we could get done this time around. If the game proves successful, we’d like to revisit this.
11. Tower Wars
Tower Wars is a tower defense game. It includes an army building and attacking enemies’ tower.
The player can choose both single-player and multiplayer modes, but sometimes it can be difficult to find opponents and matching can take a long time. The player has to build his castle, starting with a new battlefield.
You aim to break into the enemy’s tower before he gets his army into yours. As for the building process, the player is free to place his tower anywhere he wants inside the map. It gives the user the possibility to create traps and corridors according to his taste. Here his enemies have to battle through barriers, so you need to make it as complicated as possible. The game offers various weapons, both classical (cannons, launchers) and unique ones (enormous fan, pushing opponents back).
Moreover, there are two sorts of points: gold and battle. You can earn battle points while attacking the opponent’s tower. To get more gold points, you can use mines, which are already on your map. As for units, which you send to enemies’ castles, they can be primary and specialized. Although, it is possible to upgrade each one.
The graphic is crafted. The art style is also well-defined. It seems to be made with much attention. Despite the limited number of maps, they are detailed and comfortable for use. Moreover, the soundtrack is not as annoying as it can sometimes be.
12. Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition
Galactic Civilization is the first one in the series of turn-based strategy video games. After the invention of the Hyperdrive by the Terran Alliance the technology was shared four other races, but as a result, the contact with them was lost, starting the beginning of the intergalactic race to colonize and populate the systems with class 15 or better types of planets. At the beginning of the game, players will have to choose a political party that will provide hints, and chooses the intelligence of the rival races.
Players will command the humanity on its way to the stars, and in order to achieve this victory, the player has four ways to go: Political, Technological, Cultural, and Conquest, all of which can be reached through the control of the resources and how they are used. Ultimate edition includes the Altarian Prophecy expansion. Galactic Civilizations offer various editors that will allow players to create their custom maps, custom game environments, and entire campaigns.
Categories in common with Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition: Strategy
13. Gratuitous Space Battles
Gratuitous Space Battles is a mix of real-time strategy and tactics of Tower Defense, altogether featuring a science-fiction setting of space warfare.
The players find themselves taking the role of the high command of the space fleet, where your strategic placement of each ship and carefully prepared tactics ensures victory in the upcoming battle. The battles, as the name implies, lack any backstory whatsoever, as the game presents them as different skirmish maps. Different surroundings and different fleet compositions help achieve victory, but the enemy also uses environmental hazards as the means of preventing the player from winning. The battlefield is non-interactable, which means the player has to plan each movement.
The game features a multiplayer mode, where players can battle each other using their customized ships, with different upgrades allowing to gain an edge over the enemy. The stunning 2D graphics ensure that the look of each ship type is unique and memorable, and the battle itself shines with colorful explosions, laser beams everywhere and almost realistic crashes of defeated spacecraft.
14. Runestone Keeper
Runestone Keeper is a challenging roguelike to roguelite dungeon crawler that blends classic role playing elements and turn-based combat strategy.
Dive into the dungeon roguelite-ness and begin your very own epic adventure! Grab your rucksack, sharpen those dusty swords, step into the dark chamber and fight for glory![Features]
- Randomly Generated Dungeon Elements – Almost everything is generated differently each time to ensure a unique experience!
- Prefix and Suffix Based Equipment – Loots come with random yet rare prefixes and suffixes. Combat, collect and combine for a killer suit!
- Diverse Monster Mixes - Tread lightly, or be ganged upon by monsters with complementary abilities that might drive you crazy.
- Items, Traps, Devices and Events - Opportunities for a favorable turn even at the most desperate moment. Choose wisely and use the unwelcoming surroundings to your advantage!
- Heroes and Goddesses – Create your hero’s attributes build! Sacrifice to receive your mighty God’s blessing (and later betray him to check out his fury)!
- Modes and Leaderboards - Multiple modes to choose from and a global ranking system to check yourself among all the dungeon adventurers.
- A Challenging Experience - Prepare to have a tragic (not to mention permanent) death ;)
15. Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
A new breed of WARRIOR returns, committed to destroying the enemies of FREEDOM
When ONE angry man, has a world to protect - There is only ONE future – HIS OWN
No-nonsense hero Marlow never shied away from danger or trouble. But now he faces his ULTIMATE challenge. After crash-landing in Central America, he has an industrial evil to defeat whilst bound to an ancient Mayan Death Mask who’s had no-one to talk to for 2000 years. Another day at the office only this time Marlow is PUSHED TO THE LIMIT , his sweetheart has been abducted, the bad guys are making up their own rules and only one man can judge them – and EXECUTE THE SENTENCE .
Fearlessly fighting through Mayan temples and towering valleys, monstrous machinery, nothing, but nothing, will stand in the way of this bad ass warrior, his girl and the crushing of all opposition.
They told him to go to HELL, he was DEAD ready!!!
With cliffhanger over the top action and cinematic gameplay, Marlow Briggs takes inspiration from the best of blockbuster films, comic book heroes, and action games with its focus on relentless high-octane combat, exotic and danger filled environments and epic set pieces.
•Fight the enemies of FREEDOM with stacks of awesome combos and magic abilities,
•Single handedly destroy HUNDREDS of enemies
•Deploy MIGHTY weapons of destruction
•Leap out of HUGE EXPLOSIONS in slow motion
•Reveal the DEADLY secrets of the Mayans
•Save the ENTIRE planet
Underrail is an old school turn-based isometric indie role playing game that focuses on exploration and combat.
The game is set in a distant future, when the life on the Earth’s surface has long since been made impossible and the remnants of humanity now dwell in the Underrail, a vast system of metro station-states that, it seems, are the last bastions of a fading race.
The player takes control of one of the denizens of such a station-state whose life is about to become all that much more interesting and dangerous, as our protagonist is caught midst the conflicting factions of the Underrail as the violently struggle to survive in the harsh underground environment.
17. Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising is a real-time strategy game developed by Rage Games Limited. It is often classified as a hybrid of both a simulation game and a real-time strategy one.
In 2012 the last war on Earth took place. After the people defeated the corrupt government leaders, the world was rebuilt into a utopia in just twenty years. People started using the nanotechnological assemblers, which can create anything out of energy and useless objects. Even military equipment can be created.
Many cities suffer from missile attacks from an island in the southern Pacific Ocean. A spec-ops team is sent out to investigate. You are a part of it.
Each mission of the game takes place near the enemy island, which is protected by all kinds of anti-air defenses. All the player's vehicles are created using the assemblers aboard a military ship and are transferred to them using a boat. The vehicles are built up with the trash the player collects on the island.
The players have three ways of controlling their units. The first way is based upon the fact that the game allows for full control of a unit with a first-person camera and simulation-style controls. The downside of this is the need to control multiple units at one time.
The second way resembles the typical real-time strategy games. The players control their units by issuing orders on a schematic map. The third way is practically the same, yet it allows for much more complex orders.
Categories in common with Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising: Strategy
18. Star Wolves
Star wolves is a 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements. The game thrusts players into a world of freelance space hunters in the XXI-XXII century A.D. during a time of political crisis for the all-powerful Empire and the three mega-corporations that control all the known worlds. Corruption prospers planet-side and only space can give a man his freedom, but not without a cost: space is not a safe place anymore. Human space pirates, rogue AI computers that rebelled against humanity and empire patrol ships roam space in search of easy prey.
Players begin the game as a bounty hunter with little more than an old, run-down space fighter and a dream, but as they advance in the game and prosper, their piloting and battle skills improve, allowing access to more advance spacecraft. Players can control a party of up to six bounty hunters, each possessing different skills, abilities and personality.
Team tactics give players vast opportunities in battles when shear fire power isn't enough. Tactical ruses, planning and executing ambushes or deploying spaceships' special abilities provide cunning commanders the ability to crush enemies according to their style of play.
Spectacular 3D real-time battle system
Original blend of tactical and action game play
Variety of missions and mission-types including stealth, hit and run and assault missions
Non-linear storyline and game play
Secondary and secret quests along with primary missions
Over 25 space fighters
Dozens of energy and missile weapons
Over 40 missions
A choice of eight game characters, both male and female, to form your party
Original RPG system
19. Sid Meier's Starships
Take command of a fleet of powerful starships in this adventure-driven strategy game from legendary designer Sid Meier. Travel to new worlds, completing missions to help save and protect the planets and their people from dangerous Space Pirates, to powerful Marauders and other hostile factions. Build a planetary federation as you strengthen your fleet and secure your homeworld as you attempt to preserve intergalactic peace and your vision of humanity. Set in the universe of Civilization: Beyond Earth after the age of the Seeding, Sid Meier’s Starships offers sci-fi/strategy fans a full stand-alone game experience that also features cross-connectivity with Beyond Earth, expanding the depth of both games. See if you have what it takes to rule the universe!
• Tactical Space Combat: Encounter unique tactical challenges in every mission, with dynamically generated maps, victory conditions, and foes.
• Fully Customizable Starships: Create an armada that fits your tactical plan with modular spaceship design.
• Diplomacy, Strategy, and Exploration: Expand the influence of your Federation and gain the trust of the citizens of new planets. Use the unique abilities of the each planet to enhance your fleet and Federation, and keep your opponents in check. Build improvements on worlds to increase the capabilities and resources of your Federation.
• A Galaxy Of Adventure: Explore the galaxy as you lead your fleet to distant worlds and complete missions to help the citizens of these planets. Fight pirates, protect colony ships, destroy rogue AI, and more.
• Multiple Paths To Victory: Will you win by conquering the greatest threat to the galaxy? Or will you unite a plurality of worlds in your Federation? Perhaps you will lead your people to push the frontiers of science. Each choice you make carries consequences on your path to victory
Convoy is a tactical roguelike-like inspired by Mad Max and FTL in which you cross a wasteland in search of parts for your broken ship.
Presented in pixel art and set in a future post-apocalyptic setting, Convoy is a squad based tactical roguelike-like in its core. You travel with your combat vehicles and convoy across a wasteland to find parts needed to repair your broken spaceship. During your journey you will encounter strangers in randomized scenarios by picking up radio signals.
Depending on the choices you make, signals can either lead to tactical combat, text based dialogue or chance based role-play. Whatever choice you make, you need to keep your convoy and its cargo safe from raiders, privateers and other enemies. Keep upgrading your vehicles, as death is permanent in Convoy.
- A new take on tactical combat: Combat plays out in real time as a high-speed car chase where you need to position your units and use abilities to maximise their effectiveness.
- Exploration pays: You will encounter many different radio signals, each with a text based event. What doesn’t kill you may reward you with loot.
- Fully customizable units: Each unit can be upgraded and outfitted with different weapons and abilities, allowing you to customize them to your needs.
- A randomized planet: Each play-through features different main and side objectives, events, choices, and different consequences to your actions.
- A cold war turning hot: Three factions vie for control over the planet, your actions tip the scales of balance making you an enemy to everyone. As each faction grows in strength, you need to keep up.
- Permadeath at the core: Knowing one wrong move could lead to certain death puts you constantly on edge.
21. Droid Assault
Play Droid Assault and experience running blaster battles with hordes of rampaging killer robots!
Discover a unique tactical arcade shooter, with the fun addictive gameplay of 8-bit classics. You'll need your wits and the help of your acquired droid squad to stay alive in this fast-paced retro actionfest. Wreak havok through 50 atmospheric levels of destructible scenery, avoid mines and turrets, and battle 48 different robot types from lowly Guardbots to the latest in Assassins, Special Ops and Battledroids.
With the aid of your trusty transfer beam capture your own squad of droids, armed with the latest hi-tech weaponry including lasers, rockets, grenades, flamethrowers and disruptors, boost their abilities with 17 kinds of powerup, and take on the formidable giant boss 'bots!
22. Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut
In the year 2299, an interstellar war rages. Take control of the Strike Suit – a craft with the ability to transform into a hulking suit of space armor - in a bid to save Earth from destruction. Immerse yourself in massive fleet battles where your dogfighting skills will directly affect the fate of the cosmos.
Discover a colorful and vibrant universe, with an epic story spanning 17 unique missions. Engage intelligent enemy fighters and take on colossal capital ships, exploiting weak points in their super-structure to blow them apart piece by piece. Upgrade your Strike Suit and customize your weapon load-outs to tailor combat to your tastes. Take advantage of six craft, including three Strike Suits, to experience dogfighting action as you’ve never seen it before.
The Director’s Cut is the definitive version of the game featuring a next-gen graphical overhaul, restructured campaign and additional content – including the Heroes of the Fleet campaign.
This is space combat reborn. Key Features
Fast, frantic space combat: freely engage multiple enemies, dogfight other pilots, fight massive fleet battles and defend vast structures.
The Strike Suit: strategically switch from Pursuit Mode (speed and power) to Strike Mode (a powerful, highly maneuverable combat mode).
Capital Ship Destruction: take capital ships apart piece by piece – take out their turrets or target weak-points to blow out entire sections of their superstructure.
Vibrant and vivid universe: space is far from the dark, featureless void you'd expect. Discover the color and vibrancy of the Strike Suit universe across 13 unique locations.
Ship Designs from renowned Mechanical Design engineer Junji Okubo (Appleseed: Ex Machina, Steel Battalion).
Music from award-winning sound designer Paul Ruskay (Homeworld) including a collaboration with Japanese singer/songwriter Kokia (Tales of Innocence, Gunslinger Girl: II Teatrino).
Director’s Cut features new ship models, improved textures and lighting, a restructured campaign, the Heroes of the Fleet mission pack and the Marauder and Raptor Strike Suits.
Platformines is a unique 2D platformer packed with exploration, RPG and shooter elements, set in a vast 16-bit underground world. In their quest to rebuild their spaceship, players will embark on a journey to discover the mysteries of a gigantic complex of mines. Deadly enemies, traps and treasures are just a few to mention from what players will encounter while trying to escape from the hostile world. Customise your character, master all difficulty levels and literally jump to the top of the leaderboards to prove your skills!Limitless Gameplay:
- An infinite number of randomly generated worlds to explore each one with its own configuration of traps and enemies!
- Unstoppable old-school action with 3 different difficulty levels to master!
- Discover hidden chests or just…loot your enemies in order to get tons of items and upgrades!
- Build your character choosing from countless customization options
- Additional in-game fancy items, like hats & wigs, for even further customisation
- Retro gaming experience with 16-bit graphics & reinvented classical music
- Simple classic mechanics for immediate fun; jump and slash!
- Prove your skills and climb to the top of the leaderboards!
24. Dungeon Rushers
Dungeon Rushers is a 2D tactical RPG combining dungeon crawler’s gameplay and turn based fights. Manage your team, loot dusty dungeons, crush armies of monsters and craft mighty equipment. Be part of an epic adventure with a colorful cast of characters in an off-beat universe. Build your own dungeon and challenge other players!The Game:
Over the course of an epic quest, explore many dungeons and loot their guarded treasures. Build your own team by choosing the best hero combination to overcome traps and monsters lurking in the shadows.
Upgrade the skills of your heroes to make them even more fearsome and place them strategically to achieve victory.
Craft your equipment on your own with components gathered during your journey thanks to an advanced system consisting of six different craftsmen.
Complete dungeons and their bonus challenges to unlock the Heroic difficulty, where only the best can make their way to the treasure!
Build your own dungeon in which you can spread traps and monsters to prevent other adventurers from looting your chest! Hire your « dream team » by exploring a world where dungeons and manors have been abandoned by men in favor of the worst creatures, then attack other players' dungeons to plunder their treasure!Heroes: Features:
- Campaign mode full of humor with various sound and graphic environments
- Interactive exploration system
- Revised turn based fights with a hint of nostalgia
- Advanced team management (equipment, skills upgrade, in-fight position, ...)
- Wide range of skills to use (scout, heals, dodge, trap deactivation, monsters stalking)
- Crafting system featuring many recipes to unlock
- High replay value with a Heroic difficulty for each dungeon
- Online arena system with matchmaking and ranking
- Battles among friends, to die against people you love
- Epic custom-made soundtrack
25. Dead In Vinland
CCCP is a small french development studio. For a dozen years, we've kept on surviving by making educational games, but now we want to focus on making games that we'd like to play ourselves, especially MANAGEMENT and RPG games, with NARRATIVE elements. We want to make CHALLENGING and MEANINGFUL SOLO, PREMIUM games, where the player has to THINK and DISCOVER by himself.
26. All Walls Must Fall
Berlin, November 2089: The Cold War never ended. For 150 years both sides have used time manipulation technology to observe and counter each other’s every move. Now this fragile state of affairs is approaching a breaking point, as a rogue nuclear strike will send the world into turmoil. Both sides have scrambled to send agents back in time to find who is behind the attack and how to prevent it. If they fail, the whole world will turn to ash, forever.
All Walls Must Fall is an isometric tactics game where actions happen to the pulsing beat of the music. You control time travelling secret agents as they jump and loop through a single night in the city of Berlin. Using a pausable real-time system, carefully plan your decisions and use powerful time manipulation abilities to your advantage, as you carry out your mission in the shadows or in plain sight. Levels are procedurally recombined, giving All Walls Must Fall a highly replayable campaign structure, while still offering individually crafted components and set-pieces.
All Walls Must Fall takes inspiration from genre classics like X-Com, Syndicate and REZ, as well more recent indie games like The Banner Saga, Braid, SUPERHOT and Crypt of the Necrodancer.
- Isometric action-tactics game for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Hybrid real-time / simultaneous turn-based tactical gameplay
- Procedurally generated levels and campaign that plays different every time
- Sci-Fi noir Berlin as a divided city in which the Cold War never ended
- Mind-bending time manipulation abilities that allow you to experiment with possible futures and rewind to the past.
- Synaesthetic nightclub environments and audio
- A simulation sandbox featuring crowd simulation and destructible objects
- A parable that reflects on free will, moral ambiguity and the meaning of freedom
- Developed by a team of former AAA professionals using Unreal Engine 4
All Walls Must Fall features a killer soundtrack that reacts to the gameplay, and features original music from talented artists drawn from both the Berlin club scene and the world of video game music:
- Jukio Kallio (Nuclear Throne, LUFTRAUSERS, Bleed 2)
- Ben Prunty (FTL, Darkside Detective, Into the Breach)
- Kuedo (Knives, Planet Mu)
- The Orion Correlation and Lost & Found (Voidance records)
- Mona Mur (Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, Velvet Assassin)
- muuutsch (inbetweengames)
Clones includes robust internet-multiplayer with team play, different game modes, powerups, leaderboards, and a built-in level editor that was used to create the singleplayer campaign of over 150 clontastic puzzles spanning 11 CloneMaster bosses over 5 regions of the Clones Planet.
The Intergalactic CloneMaster Organization welcomes you! Take the scenic route and solve the fun and challenging problems crafted by the most cunning creatures in the universe. Then try the competitive route and test out your strategies head-to-head, in real-time, against other players from around the galaxy!
Guide your clones as you explore over 150 perplexing puzzles on your pilgrimage across the Clones Planet to learn from the clever and quirky CloneMasters. Truly a thing of wonder, the clone’s body has the remarkable ability of morphing into many different shapes to perform various actions. As a CloneMaster you must instruct each Clone when to perform a morph to overcome any obstacles. By defeating the Elder CloneMasters in one-on-one matches you will piece together the ancient CloneMaster Medallion and reveal a most formidable opponent.
Enjoy the thrill as you outwit your opponents during online play and witness the glory as you sneak out a clone on a successful sabotage mission, or admit defeat as your squad of clones is secretly stolen due to marvelous misdirection! Team up with friends and play co-op in any of the over 50 multiplayer levels, or create your own using the built-in level editor. Custom levels are automatically shared when a new player joins your server.Key features:
- Puzzles Galore: With over 150 unique singleplayer puzzles presented by 11 zany CloneMasters spread across 5 environmental themes, Clones will provide you with many hours of mind bending fun! Pack a lunch.
- Multiplayer Mania: Support for up to 16 players in 8 colorful groups. Experience intense real-time strategy at its best by using the built-in server browser to find a LAN or internet match. In-game chats help you co-ordinate with your team and confuse your opponent! Spectators can watch matches without participating to study your mad skills.
- Customization: Use your creativity and the avatar creator to generate your own personal clone avatar by arranging the hair, antlers, eyes, body, and mouth any way you want! Easily tweak multiplayer level settings on the fly to adjust morph counts and play with dozens or thousands of clones, if you can handle it.
- Player Friendly: Per-puzzle checkpoints can be set at any time, preventing the frustration of having to start all over again on the tricky levels we’ve carefully prepared. Mini-map lets you quickly navigate, and warnings sound when your clones are in trouble.
- No Fillers: We know your time is important. Each and every level in Clones is different and presents a unique puzzle concept. We’ve worked hard to make the Clones experience as smooth as possible in every way.
- Bonus Items: Unlock stamps, decorations, and hidden levels as you progress. Use decorations to customize your clones in action, and use stamps to tag the terrain and taunt your opponents in multiplayer!
- WYSIWYG Level Editor: Easily create and publish your own puzzles using the fully featured built-in level editor. Freely browse and download levels shared by others directly from ClonesGame.com
- CloneStats Ranking: Prove you have the quickest mind on the block with CloneStats world ranking system which includes detailed per-puzzle leaderboards and a chess-inspired multiplayer ranking system.
- Match Playbacks: Each game session is automatically recorded so you can share your solutions with others, or record a video of your epic multiplayer victory for all to see!
- Diverse Gameplay: Dozens of awesome contraptions to interact with: some will help your clones, others will obliterate them! Your clones can fly, walk on the ceiling, grow and shrink, predict the future and more! Multiple FPS-style game modes such as Capture The Clone, Quantum Quarrel (aka Last Clone Standing), and Multiverse Match (aka Head-to-Head) provide variety and replayability.
28. Nexus - The Jupiter Incident
At the dawn of the 22nd century, the conquest of space and the colonization of the solar system is being monopolized by several huge and ambitious mega-corporations. Although extremely delicate and vulnerable, a balance is maintained by these companies. At the very edge of the solar system the companies make a discovery which will shift the technological advantage and upset the balance. And so a new conflict is born: "The Jupiter Incident".
Nexus - The Jupiter Incident is a real-time mission-based tactical space game featuring spectacular real time battles and breathtaking motion picture quality. Focus on tactics and action as you control up to a dozen battleships encountering aliens, unknown solar systems and astrophysical phenomena in your struggle to save Earth.
Are you ready to take on the challenge?
- Epic campaign with 6 episodes and more than 26 thrilling missions
- Diverse mission types: espionage, fight, stealth, sabotage, rescue, science, etc.
- Control up to 10 extremely detailed, customizable spaceships from basic to simulation level
- 6 different alien species with race-specific tactics and 30 alien spaceships
- More than 50 unique characters and 90 different weapons and devices
- Flexible starmap system: animated map objects, light flares, etc.
- Zoom in on more than 350 planets, moons, comets, etc. in a fully 3D environment
- Planet movement based on real physics
29. Fate of the World
Fate of the World is a dramatic global strategy game that puts all our futures in your hands. The game features a dramatic set of scenarios based on the latest science covering the next two centuries. You must manage a balancing act of protecting the Earth’s resources and climate versus the needs of an ever-growing world population, who are demanding ever more food, power, and living space. Will you help the whole planet or will you be an agent of destruction?
Fate of the World is brought to you by the award-winning Red Redemption games team and Battlestations: Midway Producer Klaude Thomas with climate science by Dr. Myles Allen (University of Oxford), writing by David Bishop (Dr. Who, 2000AD) and music composed by Richard Jacques (Mass Effect, Alice in Wonderland) with game design by veteran game designer Matthew Miles Griffiths (Conflict: Desert Storm, Battlestations: Midway).
Fate of the World has been nominated for the 2011 Index: Design Awards and as a Top 10 Social Impact Games of 2010-11 by Games for Change
- Covers 2020 to 2200 - Two centuries years of possible futures
- 12 regions - China, Europe, India, Japan, Latin America, Middle East, North America, Northern Africa, Oceania, Russia, South Asia, Southern Africa
- Scientific Model - by Dr Myles Allen of Oxford University
- Detailed real-world data - gathered over years of research
- Over 100 major policies - including geoengineering, technological research, international aid, diplomacy, economics, emergency defences, species protection, forestry, health, energy choices, population, politics, and clandestine operations
- More than 1,000 impacts - including storms, floods, heatwaves, flash fires, desertification, glacial melt, sea level rise, resource wars, drought, famine, dissidence, extinctions, epidemics, technological break-throughs, energy shortages, and political backlash
- 50 signature animal species to save - against the backdrop of enormous biodiversity loss
- 40 specific future technologies to develop - including nuclear fusion, biofuels, nanotech, robots, AI, smart grids, advanced medicine, synthetic food, and space exploration
- 6 'tipping points' - world-changing events such as the Amazon collapse and the Antarctic ice shelf collapse
- 3D Earth globe - showing climate related changes with Earth 'telemetry' - visually graphing past and future change
- Earth overlays - revealing local temperature change, devastation, and population
StarDrive sets a new benchmark for the ‘4X Space Strategy’ genre. Starting with a single planet and a small number of space-worthy vessels, you must venture forth into the galaxy, conquer new worlds, build new colonies and defend your very existence against those who would take what is yours. How you play is your decision. Use diplomacy or brute force. Trade, spy and research your way to galactic domination. Make friends, or create mortal enemies…
The heart of StarDrive is its ship design and combat engine.
StarDrive takes a modular approach to ship design, allowing the player to create custom ships where the composition and placement of ship modules really matters to the performance of a ship.. In combat, if your portside armour is taking a beating, then rotate around and show them the starboard side! Hide behind a friendly capital ship’s shields; warp into and out of the fray, launch fighters, lay mines, and so much more.Key Features
- Real time gameplay with a seamless zoom from a grand strategic view to a close-up action view
- Choose from 8 beautifully rendered alien races or design your own to lead into the stars; interact, negotiate and forge allegiances on your way to victory
- Expand your empire and colonize all kinds of planets, terraform and populate them and build them into specialized centers of trade or industry
- Research and unlock an array of technologies to improve your military and industrial capabilities
- Control your ships with classic real time strategy commands or jump into the fray by taking direct ‘arcade’ control of any ship in your empire
- Create your unique ship designs with the modular ship design system and determine your own fate in battle
- Create custom fleet formations and set rules of engagement in the easy-to-use fleet editor
- Steal technologies, incite rebellions, or rob your enemies blind with a rich agent-based espionage system
- Deploy ground troops from orbit to defeat the enemies’ last planetary defenses in ground combat
- Explore the rich universe that comes alive with random events, remnant elements, hidden treasures, deep space terrors and late-game threats
VoidExpanse is an open-world, science fiction action-RPG set in deep space.
Take on the role of a spaceship pilot and navigate the vast reaches of VoidExpanse! Mine asteroids for valuable resources, trade to improve your ship, complete story missions offered by one of several factions with their own agendas, advance your character through diverse skill-trees -- and engage in fast-paced combat with hostile aliens, mercenaries and pirates in the rich and exciting Sci-Fi universe of VoidExpanse.
- Open exploration of procedurally-generated galaxies in sandbox mode.
- Upgrade your ship using hundreds of different modules and devices.
- Complex real-time combat system.
- Factions that have their own agendas, people, territories and storylines.
- Character customization with a number of diverse skill trees and branches.
- Meaningful trading system involving trade routes and supply/demand simulation.
- Advanced asteroid mining with a multitude of ores and mining devices.
We want to keep polishing the game as long as people are interested in the world of VoidExpanse. Please join our forums so that we can read and address any feedback you might have! Tell your friends about VoidExpanse if you're having fun with the game. The more we hear from you, the more we can achieve together!
Player takes control over a spaceship that was built with the cooperation all human nations.
His task is to explore space, establish relationships with alien races and bring back home any valuable objects.
Anything, from artifacts of forgotten civilizations to new technologies, from unusual lifeforms to secret alien cookie recipes
can help Earth overcome its political and energy crises. The human governments will monitor your efforts:
they won’t let you waste their time and use the precious spaceship inefficiently. And who knows what dangers
can be found in outer space, dangers that can be a threat not only to the lone vessel, but to the entire civilization...
1. Adventures and combat in space, on planets and inside spaceships.
2. Procedurally generated universe: star systems, planets, even animals and plants.
3. Many different alien races. Some may become your allies while others will definitely become your enemies.
4. Global storyline and large variety of quests.
5. Communicate with your crew members and officers, discover their story and personality
6. Research and development system: discover new technologies and upgrade your ship
7. Global strategy elements - help humanity establish first colony and outposts outside Solar system and choose
how they should progress.
33. Aeon Command
The three factions of the Aeon Nebula have broken out into war.
Aeon Command is a tug of war strategy game, where you play as one of three unique factions to help gain dominance over the Aeon Nebula! Take control of your mother ship to gather resources, produce ships and fight off the enemy mother ship. Grow stronger as you progress through the 24 mission campaign and unlock new upgrades.
Go head to head using our match making system with cross platform multiplayer, or take on your friends directly using Steam.Key Features:
- 3 factions each with unique ships and abilities.
- 24 mission single player campaign. 8 missions for each faction.
- Play through the Alliance, Cyborgs and Exile campaigns to unlock upgrades and abilities.
- Skirmish modes including Classic, Close Quarters and Resources and 3 difficulties.
- Multiplayer! Go head to head with a friend or stranger with your favorite faction.
- Cross-platform multiplayer support. (iOS and Android restricted to match making).
- Persistent upgrade system. Unlock upgrades as you play the game to constantly improve your fleet.
34. Unity of Command: Stalingrad Campaign
Unity of Command is an innovative and refreshing operational-level wargame that covers the entire 1942/43 Stalingrad Campaign on the Eastern Front. Playable from both the Axis and Soviet perspective, it strives to recreate the strategy, the forces involved and the general tension of that crucial period in World War II.
Experience the highly fluid, enormously large battles of maneuver in a turn-based strategy setting. Take command in this mobile, back-and-forth sort of war where logistics and poor weather are often the decider, and defeat and victory are sometimes just a mile, or a day, apart.
35. Chainsaw Warrior
Chainsaw Warrior from Games Workshop is the classic nail-biting game for one strong-nerved player! It's the year 2032 and spatial warping has opened a hole into another dimension in the midst of the old municipal buildings at the heart of Manhattan. Bizarre and dangerous creatures are flooding into our dimension, intent on destruction. Behind their actions is a controlling intelligence known as 'Darkness', who intends to drag New York back into the warp – destroying it utterly!
Air strikes, ground assaults and WMDs have all failed to stop the swarming forces from beyond. All that remains is a single hope: a shadowy ex-special forces soldier, enhanced for combat and known only as 'Chainsaw Warrior'. Equipped with all the latest high-tech armaments, he must battle his way through to the trans-dimensional ground-zero and defeat Darkness. Not only are there swarms of zombies, mutants, traps, Chaos Agents and other twisted denizens between him and Darkness, time is the enemy too! Only an hour remains to save New York before it is torn from our world forever.
First published as a solo boardgame in 1987, it has been updated, translated and re-engineered for the digital generation. In Chainsaw Warrior it's just you against both the clock and a tide of evil! Can you prevail where all others have failed? You only have 60 minutes to save New York!
36. Jump King
"Tactical Leaping Adventure - Jump King: There is a Smoking Hot Babe at the Top!" is a challenging climbing-platformer about the struggle upwards in search of the legendary Smoking Hot Babe! Jump along the vertical path to the top in this test of your courage and fortitude!Gameplay:The game is built on a single iconic mechanic: charge the height of each jump by holding down the button and release to leap away! But beware - once you are in the air there is no way to turn back! Though you cannot die, your progress is fragile - a single missed jump could lead to your fall and much progress lost...
Leap through an intriguing world, meeting curious characters along the way. The hand-drawn backgrounds and distinct animations paint a rare picture, reminiscent of the old classics! The blend of retro sfx, beautiful arrangements and high definition ambiences give a peculiar atmosphere - thanks to composers/sound designers Nils Eklöf and Elias Thörnlund.
This game is a trial that demands skill and willpower, mastering the jump and reaching the top will test the limits of your ability! Do you think you have what it takes to defeat this game!?Features:
- The only way forward is up, and your only enemy is yourself!
- Simple but iconic jump-mechanic, charge each jump just right!
- Once you leap away there is no retreat.
- Tactical platformer; the obvious path is sometimes not the best...
- Mysterious world with characters that you will learn to love and hate.
- The higher you jump, the harder you fall!
- All your progress (and each setback) is saved automatically!
- That jump which you so easily cleared a moment ago has somehow turned into the hardest jump in the game - what are you going to do? Cry about it? You only have yourself to blame! He he he...
- Classic graphics - painstakingly hand drawn backgrounds.
- Tough but addictive gameplay
- Tough but addictive gameplay makes you come back for more even after you fall on your face for the 100th time!
- Challenge your friends to see who can first master this test of resolve!
- Hours of nail-biting suspense await you!
- Full controller support and freely rebindable keys.
37. There Came an Echo
***Note: There Came an Echo, though designed primarily for voice commands, is fully playable without them.***
Ender Wiggin. Admiral Ackbar. That dude who commands the G.I. Joes. These totally rad commanders knew that battles are won not by a single footsoldier, but by issuing precise commands that put their units in position to achieve victory.
In There Came an Echo, follow in those commanders' footsteps by giving orders to Corrin Webb (Wil Wheaton) and his squadmates in a unique real-time strategy experience. Using an advanced voice recognition system, direct your units through a variety of mission types against foes armed with futuristic energy weaponry and personal force fields. Make your move with standard commands ("All units, advance to Bravo 3!") or utilize custom variants to express your unique personality ("Everyone, do the worm over to Buttface 3!"). Keep it classy, folks.
Follow a complex, character-driven sci-fi plot: Corrin, an ordinary cryptographer, is thrown into a deadly game of secret agendas when a group of mercenaries tracks him down in Santa Monica, California. Guided by the mysterious Val (Ashly Burch), Corrin must escape from a foe with seemingly limitless resources and discover what secrets his own unbreakable algorithm, Radial Lock, is safeguarding...information that, if released, will rattle the very foundations of reality itself. Also starring Laura Bailey, Yuri Lowenthal, Cassandra Morris, Rachel Robinson, and Cindy Robinson.
- Experience an epic single-player campaign that focuses on plot and character development over the course of the game
- Utilize a robust voice command system, or use standard keyboard/mouse/controller methods
- Customize every command, unit, and location in the game to literally any word or phrase
- 20+ track original score by phenoms Ronald Jenkees and Big Giant Circles
- Numerous language models supported, including various English-language accents and foreign languages!
(Note: if your Intel® RealSense™ needs updated firmware to function properly, please see instructions in this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/319740/discussions/0/530646715632003344/)
38. StarDrive 2
- Turn-based 4x strategy, featuring real-time tactical space combat and turn-based ground combat.
- Build a space empire turn by turn in an immersive, living galaxy filled with 9 alien races, pirate factions, galactic lore and mystery.
- Hire unique heroes to govern your worlds or to command your mighty fleets in battle.
- Populate the universe and colonize planets, moons, asteroid belts, gas giants, and more!
- Research hundreds of technologies, including technologies that are unique to your race. Find even more technologies through in-game events and galactic exploration.
- Build your own ships in the custom ship design mode and take them into real-time battles featuring stunning visuals and sound effects.
- Enter a Battle Arena mode for quick-fix battles against cunning AI opponents. In this mode, you will earn rewards as you fight through the challenges, allowing you to unlock new weapons, ship hulls, and ship modules to upgrade your ships and to purchase new ships to add to your fleet.
- Created with the Unity engine for simultaneous release on PC, Mac and Linux.
39. Sublevel Zero
Sublevel Zero Redux is a roguelite six-degree-of-freedom shooter set in a universe where reality is falling apart. With your gunship, fight in zero-g through a vast, procedurally generated underground facility to recover the technology you need to escape the many dangers hidden around every corner. Featuring a brand new expansion that adds hours of new content, the action is more intense than ever.
The Redux expansion brings many new features to the game, including a restructured campaign, new enemies, difficulty modes, new starting classes and much more.
Strap on your Oculus Rift or HTC Vive and experience Sublevel Zero in Virtual Reality with an immersive cockpit view and VR-enabled weaponry.
Your gunship is free to fly and rotate in all directions. You can attack from any angle, and so can your enemies. Inspired by classics such as Descent and Forsaken, Sublevel Zero’s retro gravity-defying combat is driven by modern looting and crafting.
No lives. No saves. Fight your way through a different procedurally generated environment every time. Make every shot, every decision count. A wide range of environments stand in your way, from industrial zones to mining caverns. Think on your feet and adapt to each one’s hazards before it’s too late.
Collect a wide range of randomly-generated weapons, upgrades and game-changing items. Craft them together to equip your gunship for your play style. Unlock more items and blueprints as you play and keep those unlocks across playthroughs.
40. Devious Dungeon
Set in the Dark Ages, Devious Dungeon is a medieval focused action platformer title.
Under orders by the King, you will assume the control of a Knight instructed to head into the catacombs beneath the Kingdom, to slay the fowl beasts and monstrosities that have invaded the murky depths.
You must venture deep within the dungeons eliminating the threat!
Slay monsters, collect loot, level up and upgrade your gear.
Only a true champion will be victorious!
* Level randomization
* 5 worlds
* 68 levels
* Slay monsters and collect loot!
* Lots of weapons and gear
* RPG styled upgrades
* Boss Battles
* Mission system
41. Shark Attack Deathmatch 2
Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 captures the thrill of underwater multi-player mayhem like no other game. The combat is savage, gritty and brutal. Players hunt each other down in various game modes with the constant threat of terrifying sharks joining in on the bloodshed.Tear divers apart as you take on the the role as the ocean's top apex predator, The Great White.
- Brutal Multiplayer Combat
Multi-player combat in Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 is intense. Up to 8 Online Players battle it out against each other with the added threat of terrifying sharks joining in on the mayhem.
- Predator Mode- Play as the Great White Shark
Players get a chance to take on the role of the oceans top apex predator , the Great White. Tear divers limb from limb from in this visceral experience as the hunter becomes the hunted.
- Online CO-OP Survival Challenge
Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 features the most intense CO-OP underwater action you will ever experience.
It's just you and a friend against a terrifying onslaught of sharks! Will you survive?
- Single Player Survival Challenge
Survival is a single player experience where players take on a constant onslaught of some of the most terrifying beasts in the ocean. Every encounter you survive could have you climbing the global leaderboard for prestige and world domination.
- Breathtaking Seascapes and Levels
The game already features 6 amazing maps, each with it's own unique style and location. Whether it be hunting down the Ragged Tooth Sharks in The Boneyard, surviving brutal attacks in the flooded New York City map called Tsunami, fighting among the carnage of Wrecks and Reefs, exploring Atlantis, or battling between the Russian Attack Subs in The Red Tide. New maps will be released constantly during the early access process.
- Character Customization
Players have complete control of all their gear. Personalize Wetsuits, flippers, goggles, tanks, snorkels and more. Create your own signature look that other players recognise and will soon grow to fear.
- Terrifying Sharks and Creatures
Jump straight into the action and take on a variety of terrifying sharks. Great Whites, Ragged-Tooth's, Bull Sharks, Black Tip Reef Sharks, Shortfin Mako Sharks and Tiger Sharks, when provoked will hunt you down and become your worst nightmare.
Interstellaria is a real time space-exploration sim and crew management game.
Command a fleet of vessels wandering the galaxy for adventure and profit! You’ll be forced to make tough decisions as you face hostile starships, crippling space anomalies, and intriguing aliens. When your fleet faces certain doom, should you direct your crew to make critical repairs, or report to their stations and boost your fleet?
Land your flagship on an alien world, allowing your crew to gather valuable resources for you— but be sure to equip them with powerful armor and weapons! It’s a dangerous universe out there, and although many helpful creatures will trade or share valuable information with you, many more will attack on sight!Features
- Tactical crew management. Direct crewmen to put out fires, or repair damaged equipment. Posting them to their station boosts your fleet's speed and combat abilities.
- Customize your ship with helpful stations. Allocate power to important systems or simply outfit your ship with lasers and put all power into weapons!
- Your crew eats, sleeps, and needs entertainment. Each one develops unique traits throughout the game that help or hurt the mission. Various outfits and weapons can be found to customize them further.
- Fleet-based combat. Instead of controlling a single ship, you control multiple ships each with their own crew.
- Fully explorable galaxy, no areas are off limits. Each region has unique ships, aliens, and mysteries to find.
- Land your ships on planets! Each world is a new experience and has special rewards for you and your crew.
- Featuring an all-original soundtrack from the incredibly popular chiptune musician Chipzel.
43. Cannons Lasers Rockets
For victory you need only three tools - Cannons, Lasers and Rockets! Discover a spaceship MOBA game with 2D combat in 3D environment, wide variety of play styles and fun gameplay for casual and pro gamers alike.
We wanted to make something that we ourselves would like to play - a game chock-full of what’s cool about spaceships shooting each other up and with none of that boring stuff.
We set out to make a game with both a light-hearted gameplay that is hard to find today and deep tactical potential that allows for sophisticated approach to team play.
So we made Cannons Lasers Rockets - a fast-paced, bright and colorful space arcade equally enjoyable for hardcore and casual gamers.
In our game you will discover that:
SPACE COMBAT IS EASY
A videogame spaceship is usually not an easy ride - three-dimensional navigation makes you dizzy and disoriented. But in CLR you struggle against your opponents, not against your controls. We simplified gameplay just enough so you wouldn’t need to BE a great star pilot to FEEL like one.
SPACE COMBAT IS INTERESTING
No boring parts, only what you come for - going into combat to send some rockets into the other guy’s hull.
And if you eventually get a little tired of shooting, and start looking for more - be sure that we will give you more. Multiple game modes, a metric ton of different tactical situations, a MOBA core that creates many possibilities for fun and meaningful gameplay - and even more!
SPACE COMBAT IS FUN
We don’t really know what «realistic» starships will look like, so we don’t really care. A ship in a game should be fun to look at and fun to ride in, period. We want ships to be weird, plentiful and different - everyone will find one that is suited just for them, both in visual style and the distinct way of playing that comes with every ship.
We streamlined our gameplay as much as we could, and then we turned the coolness knob up to eleven!
44. Space Tyrant
Founded by Jason Kapalka, who formerly founded some outfit called PopCap, which made puny weakling non-space-conquering games like Bejeweled and Peggle and Plants vs Zombies, before it was acquired by the necrotic empire of Electronic Arts. Blue Wizard recently released the darkly comic sliding block puzzle/ 80's slasher movie tribute Slayaway Camp to Steam and iOS. The Space Tyrant team consists of a crew of gore-thirsting void pirates and psychic mutants barely contained inside a fetid barracks atop a Capitol Hill coffeeshop in Seattle. Sanctions are already in place.
45. Polygon Attack
The game based on saving the Earth from complete termination by aliens. You are the only one who decided to go against the army of enemy spaceships. Get ready to maintain continuos fire against enemy. Use your agility to destroy a hole bunch of foes. Break through unlimited waves of enemies, fight unpredictable bosses, summon your allies for help.
- variety of weapons with unique characteristics and effects
- weapon and equipment upgrade system
- unique awards and bonuses for destroying enemies
- each enemy needs his own approach
- convenient control for gamepad or mouse
- unique graphics inspired by the "Vectrex" game console and carefully recreated on modern hardware
46. The Extinction (2015)
The Empire is falling. We're lacking in resources and our worlds are overpopulated. Civil war may break out anytime. You have been chosen to explore the unknown worlds and colonize them in order to protect our people.
The Extinction is a two-dimensional space shooter with an unsual design. Discover four* different game-modes, all set in mysterious and colorful empty void called space. Your goal is destroy all your enemies, upgrade your ship and bring peace to the galaxy again!
- Four* gamemodes to disover
- 2.5D Environment
- Colorful levels with unsual graphical design
- Survive Mode with countless waves of enemies, including upgrades to your ship and weapons.
- Campaign Mode* with story, ships to buy and objectives to complete.
- Dialogue System* with important decisions to make
*FEATURES THAT WILL BE IN THE FINAL VERSION
47. Armada 2526 Gold Edition
Conquer the Galaxy In This ‘4x’ Strategy Game.
Lead one of 18 different alien races to become a mighty pan-galactic empire. Manage your colonies, deploy your fleets and conduct research. Plot your strategy and turn your planets into mighty bastions. Explore new star systems, where you may encounter tachyon storms, psychic plants, primitives or find abandoned alien technology. Diplomacy is of utter importance in being successful. Make pacts and alliances, make threats or ask for favours - and when the time is right, replace diplomacy by space combat and fight it out in real-time 3D.
The trade system lets you trade valuable commodities between both your own and alien worlds. Alien relics, rare minerals, tourists, or even natural anti-matter, your freighters will carry them all. Although the game is complex, and the possible strategies endless, powerful help and advisor features, help you get up to speed quickly. Unlike many games in this genre, Armada 2526 Gold Edition focuses on providing a game that can be finished in a reasonable time, and emphasizes battle and strategy over economic micro-management. All with one purpose: to emerge victorious and conquer the galaxy with your armada.Key Features
- Turn based star map for fleets, colonies, research and diplomacy.
- Customizable map size and number of players. Map designer included.
- 18 animated alien races to play and battle against.
- Full featured diplomacy system.
- More than 150 technology items to research.
- Trade system plus espionage and special ops system.
- 3D Real-time battle system for fighting huge battles.
- More than a hundred beautifully crafted ship models.
- Multiplayer by LAN or PBEM
- Tough A.I. opponents.
- Includes the expansion Supernova !
48. Encased: a sci-fi post-apocalyptic RPG
Old-school isometric RPG;
- Sci-fi and post-apocalyptic setting;
- Turn-based combat system;
- Single protagonist with companions;
- Story campaign of approximately 30+ hours long with significant replay potential;
- Dozens and dozens of side quests to adventure;
- Gigantic open world via the global map with about 200 handcrafted locations to explore;
- More than 75 unique random encounters.Story premise
The events of the game happen inside the Dome – an artificial construction of unknown origin. The Dome is indestructible. Technology, items, and relics can be extracted from it, but people who enter the Dome are not able to leave it. Beneath the ground yet more mystery awaits, as the Dome is just the tip of an enormous complex hidden beneath the sands. These ancient underground labyrinths contain artifacts, weapons and AI systems that control the complex… not to mention lethal traps and dangerous anomalies that guard the riches.
Research and exploration of the Dome are conducted by staff of the C.R.O.N.U.S. Foundation. To the outside world, little is known about the inner workings of C.R.O.N.U.S. Those that sign up for a life within the Dome do not speak of their experiences, and those managing the Foundation from outside speak even less. Thanks to the powerful artifacts extracted from within the Dome, C.R.O.N.U.S. have become powerful enough to hold sway over the leaders of the world. Now, the fate of the entire planet rests in the hands of the soldiers, businessmen, scientists and even criminals who comprise the ranks of C.R.O.N.U.S.
In the end, the Foundation’s political machinations led to nuclear war, the echo of which was heard inside the Dome. All communication means with the outside world were lost, and another power has now arisen – something that explorers never faced before. An intelligent entity has awakened in the depths of the underground complex, causing death and destruction. Within the Dome, the survivors will have to build a new civilization upon the ruins of the old one, and the player’s character is among them.Combat
- Encased combat is inspired by classic, tactical turn-based systems, with a grid overlay, action points, cover system, special abilities, various ammo and damage types, many different resistances, and more!
- The player has direct control over his character only. You will manage the behavior and tactics of their your henchmen but their specific actions will be guided by the game’s combat AI system, introducing funny and interesting situations into your battles.
- There are dozens of weapons to be found, many of which can be stripped and upgraded.
- Impacting the narrative
Maelstrom dominates everything, its telepathic rage sowing chaos in the minds of everyone trapped under the Dome. But the player, having “freed” the entity, enjoys a special relationship with it. The two of you have regular interactions, and Maelstrom may even grant “wishes” to the player... but be warned: every call for assistance will eventually incur a price.
- Impacting the gameplay
Maelstrom’s power grows stronger the closer you move to the heart of the Dome, and that is exactly where you must go to find the answers. There is a special stat influencing interactions with Maelstrom: Psyche. Resistance to Maelstrom’s negative effect can be developed in several ways, and develop it you must before you may venture deeper into the Dome. There is also a special skill branch related to Psychic abilities.Factions
Following the devastating events of Maelstrom’s release, CRONUS splintered into multiple other, often warring, factions. The world has changed while you were in stasis, but has the nature of Man?
Trapped inside the Dome like spiders in a jar, these factions will show the worst and best of humankind. Will you join them, or strike out on your own?
Each faction has two unique endings. Likewise, there are two endings for those who choose to go it alone.Justice System
If the player chooses to commit crimes against society, he will incur penalties to his reputation, and earn titles ranging from ‘Petty Thief’ to ‘Enemy of the State,’ or even ‘Threat to Humanity.’
Crime begets punishment. The player may be fined, imprisoned, and even executed. Luckily, there are several ways to deal with your arrest: bribe judges, organize a jailbreak, or return alive from the Labyrinth of Death (this last one may be particularly challenging).Global Map
The Dome is huge and for the most part is an open sandbox (if you are able to resist the psychic presence of Maelstrom). The map consists of more than 170 sectors, each carefully planned and handcrafted. There are abandoned bunkers, black caves, the complexes of the Forefathers, as well as wastes, swamps and other biomes.Random EncountersRandom encounters have been a standby of the old-school role playing game since the dawn of the genre. But Encased will bring them to a new level. Each encounter is a separate post-apocalyptic story, not just a bunch of critters attacking you. Want to participate in a game of Russian Roulette? Find a pathway through a deadly anomaly to find a rare relic? Defend an automated rail transport from raiders? Or end up a victim yourself? All this awaits you, in addition to more classic encounters like fighting bandit scum and haggling with caravan traders.
49. Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars
Sea of Stars continues the Infinite Space series of games that defined the genre of short-form space roguelikes in Strange Adventures in Infinite Space (2001) and Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space (2005). It compresses a galaxy-spanning starship adventure into the space of a single sitting, but as the game world is randomly generated each time you play, you will keep coming back for more. There is enough variety in items, aliens and special encounters that you will always discover something new - no two sessions play the same.
Sea of Stars begins in the Glory star system, in an area of space known as the Purple Void for its colorful nebular clouds. The long-isolated Terran colony of Hope has discovered the secret of faster-than-light travel, and an age of interstellar adventure has begun. Choose your starship and blast off into the Infinite Space in search of fame and fortune! Travel from star to star, explore planets and discover strange lifeforms and artifacts left behind by ancient empires. Find technology to upgrade your ship and gain allies to grow your flotilla. Encounter bizarre and delightful alien races, trade with them or blow them up - the decision is yours. And sometimes, you will face an existential threat to all life in the sector, and get to save the world.
50. Conquest: Frontier Wars
Mankind has finally learned how to explore the outer regions of space using wormhole technology, but Man is not alone in the Void. Two other races are also exploring and exploiting the cosmos for its resources and living space: the Mantis, an insect-like race whose technology relies on large numbers of quick fleets, and the Celaerans, beings of energy cursed by their creators to spend their lives in strange, armored canisters. Expand your fleet, explore your universe, and crush your opponents!
Conquest: Frontier Wars features large-scale fleet battles, intelligent fleet admirals who serve under your command as hero units, and pulse-pounding deep space RTS Sci-Fi gameplay! Manage your supply lines while waging war in multiple maps simultaneously. Don’t let your fleets collapse because as the old maxim states: your fleet is your fate.
- Oversee up to 16 interplanetary battle maps at once through the cunning use of wormholes.
- Enter a new dimension of strategic possibilities with the supply line management system.
- Command up to 6 highly intelligent fleet admirals who implement your orders, assess threats, and react with organized tactics.
Also includes Game Manual, Soundtrack, and Source Code in download.
Categories in common with Conquest: Frontier Wars: Strategy