The best games like Stronghold are:
- arrow_rightCossacks II: Napoleonic Wars
- arrow_rightCossacks II: Battle for Europe
- arrow_rightAge of Empires II HD
- arrow_rightSid Meier's Civilization III Complete
- arrow_rightStronghold HD
- arrow_rightAge of Empires
- arrow_rightAge of Empires II: Age of Kings
- arrow_rightHeroes of Might and Magic 4
100 Best Games Like Stronghold:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (12)
- PlayStation 4 (10)
- iOS (17)
- Android (8)
- macOS (33)
- Linux (23)
- Nintendo Switch (3)
- Nintendo 3DS (3)
- Nintendo DS (5)
- Xbox 360 (8)
- PlayStation 3 (8)
- PlayStation 2 (1)
- PlayStation (1)
- PS Vita (2)
- PSP (2)
- Wii U (1)
- Wii (3)
- Game Boy Advance (2)
- SNES (3)
- NES (3)
- Classic Macintosh (1)
- Apple II (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (7)
- Atari ST (3)
- Genesis (1)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Game Gear (1)
1. Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars
In Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars , lead your 19th century army to glory in this much-anticipated sequel to the internationally acclaimed Cossacks: European Wars. Whether fighting as Napoleon's highly disciplined "Grand Arme", the tenacious Russians and their Cossack horseback warriors, the Austrians, Britons, Prussians, or Egyptians, the challenges will be daunting as you master weapons and tactics during a time that redefined modern warfare.
Massive Historical Battles - Fight through battles of the 19th century, with massive armies colliding in varied types of terrain and weather.
Varied Game Play - Enjoy the strategic campaign for the dominance of Europe, follow in the footsteps of emperors and generals in history-inspired battles, or duke it out in open-ended skirmishes.
There's More To Winning Than Combat - Learn to weaken your enemies economically before the first musket volley is fired. Forge treaties, devise treacheries, or simply buy your opponents' loyalties.
Realistic Troop Morale System - Only well-led, well-provisioned troops live long enough to grow in experience and become valuable battlefield assets.
Online Play - Compete against or in cooperation with other armchair emperors via LAN or Internet connection.
Categories in common with Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars: Strategy
2. Cossacks II: Battle for Europe
Let the battle begin! The Cossacks II: Battle for Europe add-on continues the renowned Cossacks II:Napoleonic Wars game. It depicts the rather short historic period of the Napoleonic wars. The Napoleon wars changed Europe forever, leading to the formation of empires and putting an end to almost one thousand years of constant strife between small states. The game provides mass-scale battles between thousands-strong armies of the nations involved in conflicts during this period. The theatres of operation introduce France, Britain, Austria, Russia, Prussia, Egypt, and three nations not represented in the original game – Spain, the Grand Duchy of Warsaw (Poland), and the Confederation of the Rhine.
The Cossacks II: Battle for Europe reconstructs in detail the soldiers' uniforms weapons and architecture of each nation. Each nation's army has its unique units and possibilities. The game includes over 180 units 190 buildings and 1200 flora and fauna elements. When developing the combat system the peculiarities of early 19th century warring were taken into account as was the value of formations provisions and troop morale. Tactical tricks utilized by military commanders of the time are fully reflected in the game. An "honest" system of bullet and cannonball ballistics based on physics is an innovative addition to the Cossacks engine. Other engine features include 3-dimensional landscaping which creates realistic-looking scenery and towns and impacts combat tactics. For example the firing range of a subdivision of soldiers or a cannon positioned at the top of a hill is greater than the firing range of a unitstationed on flat terrain.Key features:
- Control the French, Russians, Austrians, Britons, Prussians, or Egyptians -- master new weapons and tactics during a time that redefined the meaning of modern warfare.
- Fight through historically inspired battles of the 19th century, with massive armies colliding in different types of terrain and weather.
- Battles on real historical scale with tens of thausands of units on one map.
- Realistic Troop Morale System - Well-fed troops live longer and grow in experience to become valuable battlefield assets, while fierce and overwhelming opponents, or marching long distances will cause morale to drop
- Enhanced diplomacy tools help you create treaties that give you the advantages
Categories in common with Cossacks II: Battle for Europe: Strategy
3. Age of Empires II HD
Age of Empires II HD is a strategy game, the remastered version of the original game with improved graphics and some new features including the Workshop compatibility. It's followed by three expansions: The Forgotten, The African Kingdoms and The Rise of the Rajas that add new civilizations, campaigns, and modes to the game.
In Age of Empires II HD, you develop the selected civilization from the Dark Ages to the modern time. You have multiple units to complete different tasks such as mining resources, explore the world and fight enemies. You can also reveal new technologies and upgrade your units. There are different ways to win: you can either fight the enemy civilization or choose a peaceful way and develop your science and culture instead of war. To develop efficiently, you need to manage resources carefully.
Categories in common with Age of Empires II HD: Strategy
4. Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete
Civilization III is the third installment in 4X strategy series Sid Meier’s Civilization. The game is centered around building a civilization starting in 4000 BC and until modern days. The player can choose from 16 different civilizations (15 more are added in expansion packs included in Complete Edition) all of which have their unique characteristics and individual units.
The primary goal of every match is to defeat other civilizations. This can be achieved in different ways, such as: destroying every other civilization with, controlling more than 2/3 of the world’s land, building a spacecraft, assimilating other nations and diplomatic domination. This brings a significant amount of variety in gameplay and lets player experiment with different ways of progression for each civilization.
The Complete Edition of Civilization III includes the most updated version of the game and both released expansions: Play The World and Conquest.
5. Stronghold HD
Stronghold is a real-time strategy game, the first installment in Firefly Studio’s Stronghold series.
The game takes place in Medieval Brittan of XI century. In most game modes, you take лrole of a Lord and have to develop your castle increasing its population, creating a stable economy and strong military while maintaining your popularity among the people. The game attends both the war and economics aspect. There are many types of resources in the game that can be divided into two groups: food and materials. The townspeople constantly consume food, so the player has to develop a stable production of meat, bread, apples, and cheese. Each of these types of food requires different structures and has different stages of production.
Unlike most other RTS, each military unit requires a different set of recourse to be created. E.g., crossbowman needs a crossbow and leather armor; swordsman needs a sword and metal armor.
The game has two campaigns: military and economic. In the latter, you don’t have to with other Lords, but only wild animals. Besides that, there is a free mode where you can develop your castle without any objectives or time restrictions and siege mode, separate scenarios that do not involve castle building but instead lets player attack or defend several historical castles.
Categories in common with Stronghold HD: Strategy
6. Age of Empires
Age of Empires is the first in a series of real-time strategy video games developed by Ensemble Studios and published by Microsoft. Players choose from one of 16 available civilizations and lead the same to victory, which can be achieved through various means, such as destroying all enemy civilizations or by building and protecting a Wonder. Players start with few resources and subjects, and utilize them to build an empire, advancing through 4 distinct stages and researching technology and building monuments and armies. An expansion, titled Rise of Rome, was released in 1998, adding four more civilizations and a host of QOL improvements.
Categories in common with Age of Empires: Strategy
7. Age of Empires II: Age of Kings
A real time strategy (RTS) game which added some new mechanics to the RTS genre (town bell is the most notable). Graphics is all bitmap, but it's quality is surprisingly high and sound design is immersive and unforgettable.
Categories in common with Age of Empires II: Age of Kings: Strategy
8. Heroes of Might and Magic 4
Heroes of Might and Magic 4 is a strategy game developed by New World Computing. It came out on 25-03-2002. It was published by The 3DO Company. Most rawgers rated the game as "Recommended".
Heroes of Might and Magic 4 is available on PC.
James W. Dickinson produced the game. David Mullich directed the game. It was scored by Paul James, Paul Romero, Rob King and Steve Baca.
Categories in common with Heroes of Might and Magic 4: Strategy
9. Age of Empires II: The Conquerors
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors is a strategy game developed by Ensebmle Studios. It was originally released in 2000. It was published by Microsoft Studios. Most rawgers rated the game as "Exceptional".
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors is available on PC.
Categories in common with Age of Empires II: The Conquerors: Strategy
All hail El Presidente! The proud nation of Tropico is now in your hands and badly in need of modernisation!
As the freshly elected leader of an underdeveloped Caribbean island with untapped resources and enormous potential, hopes are high that you will deliver Tropico into the glorious future its people deserve. The opportunities are boundless in this humorous city-builder with a political twist.
Develop and manage every aspect of Tropico, from its roads, buildings and people, to its military, trade and foreign policies.
BE A VISIONARY LEADER
Transform Tropico into the country you want it to be: a booming tourist paradise, an industrial powerhouse, a police state, or all three!
Recount elections, calm unruly elements, manage public opinion and reward your loyal followers…
BUILT FOR iOS
Exercise complete control with an intuitive touch interface and gameplay mechanics designed and refined for mobile gaming.
BUY ONCE, RULE FOREVER
Get the keys to power with one simple payment and no in-app purchases.
This game requires iOS 12 and just under 3GB of space to install.
• iPad mini (5th generation, 2019)
• iPad Air (3rd generation, 2019)
• iPad (5th generation, 2017)
• iPad (6th generation, 2018)
• iPad Pro (1st generation: 9.7", 12.9")
• iPad Pro (2nd generation: 10.5", 12.9")
• iPad Pro (3rd generation: 11", 12.9")
• iPhone SE
• iPhone 6S/6S Plus
• iPhone 7/7 Plus
• iPhone 8/8 Plus
• iPhone X
• iPhone XS/XS Max
• iPhone XR
11. Tropico 2: Pirate Cove
Tropico 2: Pirate Cove is a strategy game developed by Frog City Software. It was originally released in 2003. Gathering published the game. Most rawgers rated the game as "Recommended".
You can play Tropico 2: Pirate Cove on PC.
It was scored by Daniel Indart.
Categories in common with Tropico 2: Pirate Cove: Strategy
12. Dawn of Discovery
There are many unmet needs within the king’s empire - fulfill them,
while both expanding and sustaining the vast society.
Dawn of Discovery takes place in the year 1404, when King George’s land is suffering from severe droughts and brutal famine. Aware of his people’s distress, the king calls on his two sons, William and Edward, to acquire new territories in order to produce enough goods to satisfy the needs of his empire’s inhabitants. Whereas Edward suggests aggressive means to collect the precious resources, his brother William offers a peaceful solution, proposing to explore new and unsettled lands in the south of the kingdom.
With his Father’s blessing, William heads south to the mysterious Orient and returns with valuable new technologies such as the water pump that allows dry lands to be cultivated in order to produce enough food for the people. But there are still many unmet needs within the king’s empire, and players are tasked with the mission of fulfilling those needs while both expanding and sustaining the vast society.
o Explore a beautiful islands world, discover new places to settle
o Be the creator of your own empire and make it grow as you wish
o All the controls are smooth, the interface is fully adapted to the Wii Remote
o Be considerate, plan wisely and learn to manage resources
o Satisfy the needs of your citizens, care for your society and make everybody happy
o Learn from other cultures (Oriental, European…) & expand your horizon
o Master all challenges of the game and set up flourishing metropolises
o Relax & build your cities in a living, peaceful and lovely world
o Play together with your family & friends and let them help you in developing your creation, thanks to the 2 Wii Remotes Co-op Mode
Categories in common with Dawn of Discovery: Strategy
13. Firefly Studios' Stronghold 2
Firefly Studios' Stronghold 2 is a strategy game developed by FireFly Studios. It came out on 20-04-2005. 2K Games published the game. Most rawgers rated the game as "Exceptional".
Firefly Studios' Stronghold 2 is available on PC.
Categories in common with Firefly Studios' Stronghold 2: Strategy
14. Stronghold Crusader 2
Stronghold Crusader II is the fifth game in Stronghold series of medieval strategies. It is the direct sequel to the 2002 spin-off of the series, Stronghold: Crusader.
Stronghold Crusader II is set in the Middle East in the era of Crusades. The game's two campaign modes follow the two sides in the Crusades: the Crusaders and the Muslims. The game features historical figures like Saladin and Richard of England, as well as the characters from earlier games in the series, such as Rat and Wolf.
The game is similar to all Stronghold games. The player assumes the role of a medieval lord who controls his castle. The player has to build the walls and towers, hire the knights and archers, and establish a productive medieval economy to support the war effort. Most missions involve a siege of a castle, with the player as the attacker, the defender, or both.
Everything in Stronghold, from the food to the war, requires the player to establish a chain of production, such as a mill and a bakery to make bread. The player has to produce armor and weapons before hiring most types of units. There's also a reputation meter that tracks what the people think of their lord. The player can increase his or her reputation by offering the people more food, lowering taxes, or building pubs and churches.
Stronghold Crusader II has several multiplayer modes. It was the first game in the series to introduce a cooperative mode that allows two players to control the same castle.
15. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
In his evil plot to take over the Mushroom Kingdom, Fawful tricks Bowser™ into eating a magic mushroom. The mushroom causes Bowser to begin inhaling everything around him, including Mario™, Luigi™ and Princess Peach™! Do the Mario Bros. have the guts to rescue Peach and escape?
- Players are in control of two separate storylines. One features Bowser and his efforts to stop an arch-villain from taking over his castle. Meanwhile, inside Bowser, the microbe-sized Mario & Luigi must muscle their way through challenges and keep their nerve if they want to find a way out. They take action to control Bowser from the inside – but without his knowledge.
- Players can switch between storylines at will. What happens inside Bowser affects what he’s doing on the outside. Sometimes Mario & Luigi must solve puzzles and challenges behind the scenes to help Bowser overcome various obstacles and advance the plot.
- Players must make well-timed button presses to enhance their performance during battles and challenges. In some battles, Bowser grows so large that players must turn their Nintendo DS or Nintendo DSi™ system sideways, blow into the microphone or tap on the touch screen with the stylus to keep up with the action.
- The game features the same hilarious dialogue that has been the hallmark of the Mario & Luigi series.
Categories in common with Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story:
Platform: Nintendo DS
16. Stronghold: Crusader
Stronghold: Crusader is a strategy game developed by FireFly Studios. It came out on 27-09-2002. It was published by Gathering of Developers. The game is rated as "Recommended" on RAWG.
You can play Stronghold: Crusader on PC.
Categories in common with Stronghold: Crusader: Strategy
17. Cossacks: European Wars
Cossacks: European Wars is a historical real-time strategy based on events of the 16th through the 18th centuries in Europe, when nations and states were created and demolished, and wars shed seas of blood. There are 16 nations or regions in Cossacks: Algeria, Austria, England, France, the Netherlands, Piemonte, Poland, Portugal, Prussia, Russia, Saxony, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, and Venice. Each has its own original graphics, economic and technical development peculiarities, military advantages and drawbacks, and unique units and technologies, providing vast choices of tactics and strategy in war against any enemy. Thus, England is the mightiest sea power, Austria has powerful light and heavy cavalry, and Cossacks are the pride of the Ukrainian army.
Battles of up to 8,000 units may be conducted on single or network game maps. One can carry out lingering city sieges, wage guerilla wars, capture commanding heights and arrange ambushes, deploy landing forces on enemy shores, and conduct sea battles. The game system is arranged to reduce per-unit control and resource micromanagement, and to turn to global goals of powerful economy formation, science development, the capturing of new lands, and defending borders.
Categories in common with Cossacks: European Wars: Strategy
19. Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars
Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars is a strategy game developed by GSC Game World. It was originally released in 2005. It was published by cdv Software Entertainment. Most rawgers rated the game as "Meh".
Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars is available on PC.
Categories in common with Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars: Strategy
20. Cossacks 2: Battle for Europe
Cossacks 2: Battle for Europe is a strategy game developed by GSC Game World. It came out on 19-06-2006. cdv Software Entertainment published the game. Most rawgers rated the game as "Exceptional".
Cossacks 2: Battle for Europe is available on PC.
Categories in common with Cossacks 2: Battle for Europe: Strategy
21. Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge
Desperados 2 is the sequel to the successful wild west title Desperados - Wanted Dead or Alive. The gameplay is based on its predecessor but with brand new tactical possibilities in a beautiful 3D environment. Switch from an isometric view to a third person view whenever you want; for example, for duels, brawls and shoot-outs. The great variety of settings includes dusty canyons, ghost towns, American Indian villages and forts, creating a breathtaking atmosphere. Take on the role of up to six heroes, including the famous bounty hunter John Cooper, and experience a thrilling story with surprising turns.
- Real-time-strategy and tactics in an exciting story and a thrilling Western atmosphere
- Varied settings including towns, American Indian villages, dusty canyons, forts, wagon convoys and ghost towns
- Double 3D view: pivotable isometric view and 3rd person view for fights and very close action
- Several levels of difficulty and a new A.I. with more tactical opponent behaviour and more interaction with allies
- Six individual actions per hero and overall 20 new actions, such as swimming, sedative injection and handcuffs
- A new hero: Hawkeyes, the American Indian
- Five actions per hero planable in advance with headword overview (Quick Actions)
- More interaction with the environment due to full 3D interior views of buildings and movements like climbing, sneaking, jumping and hiding
22. American Conquest
American Conquest – Players set sail from Europe to discover new world and conquer its innumerable riches. The game begins in 1492, when Columbus lands in the Caribbean beginning three centuries of war as 12 different tribes and nations battle for survival and conquest. In eight historical campaigns spanning 42 missions you will play the role of great legends such as Pizarro and Washington commanding epic real-time battles containing up to 16000 soldiers on 3D landscapes. Harness new technologies, unique weaponry, improved fighting units, and the delicate world of diplomacy. Play with fire! Conquer America!Key features:
- Epic real-time strategy with historical background
- Captivating real-time battles with up to 16,000 units
- Covers the era between 1492 and 1813
- 42 versatile missions in 8 thrilling campaigns e.g. Pizarro's Expedition, the War of Tecumseh, the Seven Years War, the American War of Independence
- 6 historical battles in multiplayer mode
- 9 separate single player missions
- 12 different nations and tribes: Spain, England, France, Aztecs, Incas, Mayas, Sioux, Delaware, Huron, Iroquois League, Pueblos, USA
- Over 100 different units and 106 buildings
- Tactical formations for infantry, cavalry and artillery using officers, drummers and standard bearers
- Realistic artillery effects, including gunner squadrons transporting and loading canon, as well as detonating canon balls
- Fighting morale is influenced by victories, defeats, food supplies, equipment and mercenary pay
- Apart from wide range attacks, all shooting units can fight with swords and knives (Cold Steel Attack)
- All buildings can be attacked, occupied and defended by troops
- Fortresses, forts and log cabins provide defensive advantages; units can also be accommodated and trained there
- Map scaling provides an extensive overview of the fighting action through a unique zoom perspective
- Huge maps (30x20 screens, 1024x768 pixels) and fascinating landscapes in four different climatic zones
- Detailed animation of all movements, including loading weapons
- Intricate diplomacy system allows players to build alliances with neutral tribes to trade for warriors and raw materials
- Natural environment can be used strategically: caves as hiding places or ambush starting points, hills extend the shooting range
- Multiplayer mode for up to 7 players via LAN or the Internet: Deathmatch, historical battles, automatic championship system and global rating system, War For America
- Detailed random maps in various sizes and with multiple settings for unlimited gaming fun
Categories in common with American Conquest: Strategy
Blitzkrieg is a tough-as-nails tower defence game from Loui Studios. Complete with a built-in level creator, so you can create and share levels with other players!
You must defend the motherland from invading convoys of tanks, cars, and jeeps while enemy aircraft bomb vital buildings. Utilise an arsenal of flamethrowers, high-explosive cannons, artillery, machine guns, missile launchers, AA turrets, pill-box bunkers, and experimental tesla weaponry to survive the blitzkrieg.
Each level is a tightly woven puzzle of turret placement, optimisation, and upgrades. Careful strategy is the key to your survival.
25. King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame
Welcome to the lost age of chivalry, where magic and myth is alive, and you are destined to be one of the living legends: Arthur, the son of Uther Pendragon, the Once and Future King of the prophecies.
Fulfill your destiny and claim your rightful place on the throne of Britannia. Recruit fabled knights to your Round Table: send them to adventures or battles, let them gather knowledge and artifacts, see how they become the most powerful heroes of the realm. Build the majestic Camelot, but beware: there will be enemies, both mortal and otherworldly that will try to destroy you. Send your heroes and their followers to battle with legendary warriors and monsters and see how the folk of the faeries and the saints set against wizards and evil knights.
- Real-time fantasy battles: spectacular fight scenarios on grandiose battlefields, featuring thousands of soldiers and powerful heroes such as Sir Lancelot, Sir Galahad or Merlin. Battles rely on the strengths and weaknesses of the different arms with several tactical possibilities, the abilities of the units and the heroes, monsters and most of all, spells.
- Turn-based Campaign Map: Britannia is represented as a fully three dimensional topographic map where heroes move freely, conquer provinces or find adventures. In the turn-based campaign the changing seasons have effect on the gameplay and the graphics of the Campaign Map.
- Create your own legend! The saga of King Arthur is an epic tale about the conquest of Britannia through a story-based campaign. The Campaign is divided into chapters, like a chronicle, each with a unique tone and theme. The chapters all have objectives, long- and short-term goals that also fit together to draw a grandiose picture of an unfolding storyline. There are many possible events and outcomes that all influence the legend itself and determine the ending of the storyline.
- Morality Chart: Every decision in the game will influence the position of King Arthur on the Morality Chart. King Arthur might become a Christian ruler or the Follower of the Old Faith; a rightful or a ruthless monarch. These choices unlock special contents, allies, heroes, units and developments.
- RPG elements: Heroes lead the armies and learn skills, spells and abilities from an ability tree for experience points. Heroes can also use magic items or become liege lords, entrusted with the leadership of a province, which is the best way to have them indebted. Arranging their marriages with the nice damsels of Arthur’s court also raises their loyalty.
- Adventures: adventuring is the essence of King Arthur’s world. Quests pop up on the Campaign Map regularly. In technical terms it is a short story where the chosen knight has to make important decisions. Some adventures end in battles on special battlemaps.
26. Anno 1503 A.D.
ANNO 1503 A.D. includes Anno 1503: The New World and its expansion Treasures, Monsters & Pirates.
Lay claim to the New World in an epic saga of adventure and discovery. ANNO 1503 A.D. is a PC title that blends the excitement of real-time strategy with the depth of empire building.
The aim of the game is to establish colonies and seek out wealth and power. Watch your colonies grow while establishing trade and diplomatic ties with neighbouring cultures. Engage in combat on land and at sea to protect your colonies or to maintain freedom and independence.
The all-new combat system allows for much more sophisticated tactical preparation and some truly epic land and sea-based battles. Enjoy the variety and challenge of five varying climate zones while competing against computer-controlled players, including interactions with nine different cultures such as the Africans, Aztecs and Native Americans.
Stretch your influence through a powerful economic system which varies depending on location and includes goods such as weaponry, raw materials, and necessities such as clothes and food as well as more exotic items like silk and spices. Trades can be made several different ways, via an easily accessible trading menu that allows you to interact with other nations and form peace treaties. However, some cultures may rely on a more offensive, aggressive style of interaction, which can lead to potential conflict.Unique blend of real-time strategy with the depth of an empire-building epic. Compete against computer-controlled players and interact with nine different cultures from the 16th Century - each with their own personal traits and unique characteristics. Settle in climates as diverse as frozen tundra, bleak deserts and lush jungles - each with their own unique natural resources, vegetation, wildlife and terrain. New combat system - vary your tactics based on the opponent, terrain and weaponry. Enhanced AI - differences in cultures lead to a variety of behaviors and interactions. Over 250 authentic building types including tobacco plantations, watchtowers and cannon foundries. Several gameplay modes - Single Scenario, Campaign, and Open-Ended
27. SimCity 4: Rush Hour
SimCity 4: Rush Hour is a strategy game developed by Maxis. It was originally released in 2003. Electronic Arts published the game. Most rawgers rated the game as "Recommended".
You can play SimCity 4: Rush Hour on PC.
Categories in common with SimCity 4: Rush Hour: Strategy
28. Sudden Strike 2 Gold
- 5 epic campaigns and a new combat theater: The Pacific!
- Massive battleships, landing craft and trains
- Command airfields and deploy aircraft
- Mechanized units now have individual crews to command
- Dynamic weather system
- Contains "Sudden Strike 2", "Resource War" add-on and "Total Victory" map pack
- Contains map editor for user-generated maps and missions
Categories in common with Sudden Strike 2 Gold: Strategy
29. The Entente Gold
On June 28, 1914 in the center of Saraevo Gavrilo Princip shot Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife. Those shots began one of the bloodiest wars in the history of mankind the First World War. For four long years the earth trembled from gun explosions, the air was whistling with bullets and the sky was covered with smoke and ashes. It was the first war with such amount of troops to take part in it and with military operations going on earth, in the skies and seas, even under the water. Weapons of mass destruction were used for the first time.
The Entente WWI Battlefields gives a chance to see it with your own eyes and try to change the history. Choosing one of five available countries of this real time strategy game (France, Germany, Russia, Austro-Hungary, England) players get under command troops with various units starting from infantry and cavalry and ending with battleships. All units were made true from historical point of view by using archive documents and photos. Every nation has its own features, which allow you to use strengths and weaknesses of troops from different states.
Economic and military advisors are present in the game to facilitate control over economic and military development. Advisors assist in upgrades, obtaining resources and producing units. There are more than 1000 structures on the map and 80000 units, 3D sound and full encyclopedia of armament that give a chance to feel like high military commander entrusted with the fate of the nations.
• One of the first games based on actual events of the WW I
• Massive battles (up to 10,000 units can take part in a battle from each side!)
• Non-linear mission structure and authentic historical battles
• Various types weaponry, armor, vehicles, buildings from that period, which are unique for each nation
• Entente Gold includes two new campaigns with 7 missions each, map and missions editor.
Categories in common with The Entente Gold: Strategy
30. Blitzkrieg 2
Blitzkrieg 2 is a strategy game developed by Nival Interactive. It was originally released in 2005. cdv Software Entertainment published the game. Most rawgers rated the game as "Recommended".
You can play Blitzkrieg 2 on PC.
Categories in common with Blitzkrieg 2: Strategy
31. Sudden Strike 3
- Huge variety of landscapes, sceneries and destructable environment fully detailed in 3D
- Massive operations on huge maps of several square kilometers
- More than 300 tanks, ships, soldiers, guns and aircraft in historically accurate 3D reproduction
- Use an advanced AI to help command your massive army
- Realistic lines of sight, projectile ranges and impressive visual effects simulated in real-time
- Five campaigns for American, British, German, Imperial Japanese and Soviet Russian Armies
- Contains "Sudden Strike 3: Arms to Victory" and "Sudden Strike: The Last Stand" sequel
- Contains map editor for user-generated maps and missions
Categories in common with Sudden Strike 3: Strategy
32. Eisenwald: Blood of November
The duke is dead. Without an heir it falls upon the council to decide who will become the new duke. Amidst the upheaval two powerful clans vie for the crown: Eisig and Horn. But they are not alone for some lesser clans have dared to declare their own bid for the throne.
The cards are dealt and the stakes are too high for anyone to give support to another contender. Whatever decision the council makes, feudal war looms on the horizon. You alone have kept your neutrality and the fate of the war is in your hands.
This game contains references to the current political situation.
This new adventure will have the following new features:
- Random events that add replayability;
- Smart re-spawn - improved dynamic balance of the armies;
- Updated look - the engine and graphics will be reworked and improved;
- Sandbox like gameplay – freedom of movement;
- Experimental quest system where some events will change according to your behavior;
- 6-10 hours of gameplay.
33. CivCity: Rome
CivCity: Rome, an innovative city builder inspired by the world of Sid Meiers Civilization, and created by a collaboration between Firefly Studios and Firaxis Games, invites players to shift focus from building a multi-city empire and zoom-in on the great cities of the Roman Empire, culminating in Rome itself! Through dozens of missions, each offering an array of interesting decisions, players will be charged with building, nurturing and managing one of these great cities as they endeavour to lead the Roman Empire from its humble beginnings to its mighty apogee. Features players have enjoyed in the Civilization series, like research, city happiness, production and culture, can now be managed actively in the wonderfully immersive world of CivCity: Rome.
- Look inside the buildings - For the first time in a city builder you can look inside the Villas, the forums, and even the Roman baths! Discover, in much greater detail, how Romans went about their daily lives.
- Civilize your city - More than 70 technologies can be developed over time to give your city a strategic advantage. Use the rich research tree to improve many aspects of your city and its relation to the wider empire.
- Follow the life of a Roman family - Do they thrive and prosper from humble hut to noble palace as they move through the generations or not? Well, thats your call!
- Ease of play - Driven purely by building placement and strong visual feedback, the game lets you create your own living community simply by choosing and placing the wide variety of buildings.
- Real Romans - An intriguing array of characters will interact with you
34. Stronghold Crusader Extreme
Stronghold Crusader Extreme is a strategy game developed by FireFly Studios. It came out on 29-05-2008. Gamecock Media Group published the game. Most rawgers rated the game as "Exceptional".
Stronghold Crusader Extreme is available on PC.
Categories in common with Stronghold Crusader Extreme: Strategy
35. Seven Kingdoms 2 HD
Seven Kingdoms 2 is an award-winning classic real-time strategy game of intrigue and diplomacy, of trade and industry, of betrayal, espionage and conquest.
Take control of any of twelve emerging Human civilizations: Egyptian, Indian, Persian, Chinese, Japanese, Mongol, Greek, Roman, Carthaginian, Norman, Viking or Celt.
- Unique gameplay that is not just about gathering resources, amassing a big army and attacking enemies.
- An incredible blend of city management, trade, industry, espionage, diplomacy and conquest.
- You can either fight or buy your way to victory.
- Play as Humans or Fryhtans
- 12 Ancient Human Kingdoms, including Egyptian, Indian, Persian, Chinese, Japanese, Mongol, Greek, Roman, Carthaginian, Norman, Viking or Celt.
- 7 Fearful Fryhtan Species and their Special Units & Powers
- 12 Powerful Gods and Goddesses
- Heroes to hire for each of the 12 human civilizations
- Build Industries & Trading Routes
- Intriguing espionage actions, including agitation, counter-spy, information theft, bribing, assassination, technology theft, and camouflage.
- Conduct Subtle Diplomacy or Flagrantly Break Treaties
- A Random Campaign Generator with role playing elements.
- HD support – Support screen resolutions up to 1920x1080.
- Large map mode which is 4 times as large as the original map, opening up new strategy possibilities.
- 14 high quality music tracks
- Improved gameplay balance
- Enhanced shortcut key support
36. Heroes Chronicles: All chapters
Eight titles featuring the gameplay you know and love from Heroes of Might and Magic III. Eight chapters that tell the story of Tarnum, a barbarian hero and liberator of his kinsmen. After generations of oppression, Tarnum discovers his people's true history and leads an army of Stronghold troops against their tyrannical masters. Marching from the arid roughlands of his homeland and the muggy swamps of the lowlands, he follows and even surpasses the deeds of his legendary ancestor, who defeated the spellcasting oppressors long ago.
This great pack of all eight Heroes Chronicles chapters will allow you to spend hours adventuring on the continent of Antagarich.
"Heroes Chronicles: All chapters" includes "Warlords of the Wastelands", "Conquest of the Underworld", "Masters of the Elements", "Clash of the Dragons", "The Final Chapters", "The World Tree", "The Fiery Moon", "Revolt of the Beastmasters", and "The Sword of Frost".Spinoff of the classic Heroes of Might and Magic series - 8 games, each a chapter of the immortal hero's story
Different atmosphere in each campaign - from arid, deserted wastelands to beautiful and lush forests
A fun, extensive, and addictive turn-based strategy experience that will keep you hooked up for many hours
Categories in common with Heroes Chronicles: All chapters: Strategy
38. Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Blinx: The Time Sweeper is a fast-paced action game featuring a cool, clever new character in wild, warped worlds. The ability to control the flow of time provides a totally new 4-dimensional gaming experience only possible on Xbox.
Platform: Xbox 360
39. Desert Law
Desert Law is a new spin on the traditional real-time strategy that immerses players into a post-apocalyptic world where gasoline is the new world currency.
In Desert Law, player takes on the role of Brad as he begins his quest for vengeance against those who ruined his very existence. After returning to his home village and finding the settlement plundered and destroyed, Brad swears to bring justice to the memory of his slain village. Uniting desolated outcasts, he forges a fighting unit to strike out against bandit gangs, drawing allies under his banner.
Use your tactical skills to survive in the harsh wasteland as you control a group of heroes with different statistics, drive various vehicles and fight your way through the enemy lines.Features
- Post-apocalyptic settings
- Over 30 missions with multiple objectives ranging from defense, to rescue, to all-out assault
- Detailed isometric visuals combining 2D and 3D graphics
- Modified Blitzkrieg engine
40. Cuban Missile Crisis: Ice Crusade
The year is 1967. The Cuban Missile Crisis that led to World War III continues. Use of nuclear weapons resulted in global cooling which changed history and aggravated the struggle for survival. Inspired by the takeover of Europe and Africa the Soviet government decides to start an uprecedented military operation called Ice Crusade. Soviet expeditionary forces march over the Arctic and attack unguarded Amerian cities and towns. Deserted areas of Mexico and icy American megapolises become the new battle-grounds.Features
- Cuban Missile Crisis: Ice Crusade is the follow-up (stand-alone) to the RTS Cuban Missile Crisis which shows a new span of the military confrontation in alternative history.
- Turn-based tactical mode and a real-time strategy in one game.
- New battle-grounds: southern part of the USA and northern Mexico.
- 2 new campaings – USSR and USA. 10 scenrios and over 25 strategic missions.
- 22 new military units including T-60, Hunter, Chieftain, Grand MLRD, Akatsia self-propelled gun.
- 2 new super units – Convair-49 and Tyulpan 240mm self-propelled mortar.
Categories in common with Cuban Missile Crisis: Ice Crusade: Strategy
41. Industry Giant
Experience the soaring heights and the shattering depths of being an industrial giant!
A factory, a store and some lorries – a simple beginning can be the start of an illustrious career! Build all types of factories, buy your raw materials at a bargain and manufacture the products that will bring you fame and fortune. All you need now is the right advertising strategy – and watch the tills in your newly opened stores fill up.
See what you can do in the toy and sports goods industry. Earn your money from jewelry and furniture. And be prepared for the challenges of the computer age. The automobile and electronics industries will make demands on your organizational skills. What is the competition up to? Are they starting to become a nuisance? Then by them out! If you have enough money, that’s it. Or make your companies running more successful than others! So no one will be able to stop you on your path to success…
Industry Giant stands for simple and comfortable commands combined with a high degree of complexity – yet easy to understand.Features:
- Economic strategy simulation in real time
- Infinite number of game worlds
- All kinds of Industries and over 30 products
- Up to three intelligent computer opponents
- Lots of exciting careers and single missions
The year is 1849, and gold has just been discovered in California. You decide to head out west, to seek fame and wealth in the approaching Gold Rush.
Will you strike gold and become an overnight mining magnate? Or will you build your fortune bit by bit by supplying 49ers with pickaxes and blue jeans?Gameplay1849 is a city management game set during the California Gold Rush. Your task is to build towns, populate them with workers, and make sure that they are housed, fed, and entertained. You’ll have to manage and coordinate extensive production and trade networks to make sure your towns thrive.Key Features Of 1849
- A campaign mode that traces the development of the Gold Rush from mining camps to bustling cities. Each city scenario presents players with unique starting conditions, victory goals, and obstacle events.
- Sandbox mode with a procedurally-generated map for your location, based on geography (from the Pacific coast to the Sierra Nevada mountains), precipitation, resource availability, and starting lot size.
- Vivid old west towns with buildings lining the streets directly inspired by California’s Gold Country.
- Over 50 resources that players can dig up, farm, refine or manufacture as they build complex towns and cities.
- Developed by SomaSim, a new studio dedicated to producing deep simulation games for today’s players
43. Clockwork Empires
Take on the role of a Colonial Bureaucrat sent forth by the Clockwork Empire to build a Frontier Colony. Design buildings and their contents from the ground-up to feed the Ravenous Maw of Industry, manage the uniquely unruly population, and make Important Decisions when the Occult Investigator shows up for a surprise inspection. It's up to you to ensure the success of a Frontier Colony populated by ambitious overseers, brave soldiers, and oppressed labourers who work and live in workshops, mines, scientific laboratories, lavishly decorated houses, farms, chapels, pubs, and more!
But be wary - every colonist is a unique simulated individual with their own personality, motivation, secrets, and peculiar desires which must be satisfied lest they invite Terrible Consequences ranging from occult rituals to delicious cannibalism.
- Colonists are simulated with individual personalities, memories, and will be happy or miserable depending on your management.
- Free-form building: Design your own floorplans & arrange machines, furniture, and decorations as you see fit. (Or stuff everyone into dire bunkhouses.)
- Mine ore, chop trees, farm cabbage, brew beer, tin weird caviar and try to keep your people from eating one another!
- Beware weird horrible things: Menacing Fishpeople, cults, cannibalism, and more await your colonists.
44. Dillon's Rolling Western
Armadillo ranger Dillon leaps into action at the touch of the stylus, using his rolling attack skills to defend frontier villages from waves of invading rock monsters. During the day, Dillon collects resources to build up defenses such as gun towers and defensive walls. At night, he battles the Grocks with the help of those defenses. The 3-D graphics bring the game’s Wild West setting to life. Dillon’s story unfolds as he and his partner, Russ, interact with the inhabitants of the many western villages they fight to save.
• 10 different villages, each with 3 days and nights of action.
• 22 different types of Grocks, from lowly Footgrocks to gigantic Ultimogrocks.
• Multiple strategies are possible, and you can re-play the stages to get a better time.
• Dillon gains additional attack abilities as he progresses through the game.
• Unique mix of character action and tower defense.
Categories in common with Dillon's Rolling Western:
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
45. Tropico: Paradise Island
Tropico: Paradise Island is a strategy game developed by BreakAway Games. It was originally released in 2002. Take Two Interactive published the game. Most rawgers rated the game as "Recommended".
Tropico: Paradise Island is available on PC.
Categories in common with Tropico: Paradise Island: Strategy
46. Defender of the Crown
The Age of Chivalry! A time of lusty wenches and black hearted villains. King Richard has been murdered and England is thrown into civil war! Amidst the ringing clash of steel and the thunder of charging steeds the bold Saxon knights have chosen you to lead them into battle against the hated Normans. Victory will not come easy. To save England your skills as swordsman and military leader will be severely tested. But should you succeed you'll win the Crown of England and the love of many a beautiful damsel!
Defender of the Crown is a turn-based startegy where you vie for control of a war-torn England. Starting out with a small band of soldiers, you'll gather your military strength to take England back from the Norman menace. Joust for fame and glory! Engage in swordfights to save damsels in distress! Siege Norman castles - all the while revelling in the Amiga quality sound and beautiful graphics!A classic gaming gem returns - with glorious Amiga sounds and graphics! Heart pounding action as you enter joust tournaments, swordfight to save the damsel in distress, or siege Norman castles. A unique blend of role playing and strategy combined with dazzling arcade style sequences
Categories in common with Defender of the Crown: Strategy
47. Sudden Strike Forever
Sudden Strike Forever is a strategy game developed by Fireglow. It was originally released in 2001. It was published by cdv Software Entertainment. Most rawgers rated the game as "Exceptional".
You can play Sudden Strike Forever on PC.
Categories in common with Sudden Strike Forever: Strategy
48. 9th Company: Roots Of Terror
9th Company Roots of Terror is an action-oriented real-time strategy game based on actual events that took place during the Soviet military campaign in Afghanistan.
9th Company follows the story of a ragged band of young recruits undergoing brutal training in Uzbekistan’s Fergana Valley and culminates with a bloody stand against the Mujahideen warriors on a nameless mountain top in Afghanistan. It’s the Battle of Thermopylae all over again: one Russian fighter against 10 Afghanis!
9th Company recreates in detail the events that took place during the last large-scale Soviet military operation. Few know the history: the 9th Company of the 345th Guards Airborne Regiment came under heavy fire on “Hill 3234” on January 7th, 1988. They managed to stop several attacks by an estimated 400 Mujahideen and Pakistani mercenaries and held their position for two gory days. The company lost 6 men, and the remaining 28 of the total 39 were wounded. Two 9th Company soldiers were posthumously awarded the Golden Star medal and the title of Soviet Hero.
- Warfare on two tactical levels: use the area operations map to choose your mission or explore 12 unique and highly detailed tactical maps of Afghanistan.
- Stunning 3D graphics and a spectacular physics engine guarantee a one-of-a-kind experience in destroying any mechanized unit or building.
- Merit reward and in-combat morale system for every character and advanced hit location system for mechanized units make tactical battles even more realistic.
- A complex system of tactical behavior and firepower control for mechanized infantry, assault, reconnaissance and special operations units. More than 80 different unit types.
- Nonlinear mission structure.
- System of experience gain the crew now become more and more experienced with every battle. A possibility of forming an elite military unit is available in requisition screen.
Categories in common with 9th Company: Roots Of Terror: Strategy
50. The Settlers 7: History Edition
Let yourself be enchanted by the new world of Settlers in this modernized History Edition – in the midst of green forests and lush meadows, it will bustle again. You alone hold the fate of your kingdom in your hands. Which strategy will you choose? Whether as a well-read scientist, crafty merchant, or brave general – it is up to you to build a prosperous kingdom with power and prestige.
IMPROVEMENT HIGHLIGHTS: Windows 10 compatible
Categories in common with The Settlers 7: History Edition: Strategy