Trying to find games like Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game? Try these 100 great games that are similar to Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game that have been tried, tested and recommended.
The best games like Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game are:
- arrow_rightFallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game
- arrow_rightAssassin’s Creed Rogue
- arrow_rightArcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
- arrow_rightFallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel
- arrow_rightPlanescape: Torment
- arrow_rightPlanescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
- arrow_rightX2: The Threat
100 Best Games Like Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (25)
- PlayStation 4 (27)
- iOS (33)
- Android (21)
- macOS (73)
- Linux (36)
- Nintendo Switch (15)
- Nintendo 3DS (3)
- Nintendo DS (6)
- Xbox 360 (9)
- Xbox (3)
- PlayStation 3 (18)
- PlayStation 2 (7)
- PlayStation (13)
- PS Vita (13)
- PSP (5)
- Wii U (1)
- Wii (4)
- GameCube (2)
- Nintendo 64 (1)
- Game Boy Advance (4)
- Game Boy Color (5)
- Game Boy (2)
- SNES (4)
- NES (4)
- Classic Macintosh (6)
- Apple II (1)
- Commodore / Amiga (11)
- Atari 8-bit (1)
- Atari ST (7)
- Genesis (7)
- SEGA Saturn (2)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Dreamcast (2)
- Game Gear (1)
- Web (1)
1. Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game
Fallout franchise started in a very different way than we all know it by this day. As Bethesda started to develop Fallout franchise only from the third game, original Fallout was completely different.
The game starts in 2161, 84 years after a nuclear war destroyed most of the planet and turned into Wasteland. You can either create your protagonist or play as three pre-set options - Albert Cole, Max Stone or Natalia Dubrovhsky. When in Vault 13 water supplies start to malfunction via technical reasons, Overseer sends protagonist in a quest to find a replacement and save the Vault. Having Pip-Boy and some standard equipment, the Fallout world is absolutely open for exploration.
Although being a completely different genre of the game, Fallout still uses the same systems as we know today. S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system of characters stats (strength, perception, endurance, charisma, intelligence, agility and luck) affect your skills in a variety from 0% to 200%, as well as definitive straits that you choose only once for whole gameplay. Known to players as Karma, you can choose how to act in most of the situations and determine your reputation with other characters in the game.
Categories in common with Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game: Role Playing
2. Assassin’s Creed Rogue
Assassin’s Creed Rogue is an action-adventure game developed by Ubisoft Sofia. It is the seventh game in the series, continues the story of Black Flag and serves as a prequel to Assassin's Creed 4. Its final mission is also a set up for Assassin's Creed Unity.
The game's story takes place both in the past and the modern times. During the Seven Years' War, a young American assassin Shay Patrick Cormac trains with his old French friend. After an unsuccessful mission, Shay is disappointed by the Assassins Brotherhood and goes rogue.
Meanwhile, in the present, a virus attacks Abstergo Entertainment servers. A major conspiracy is revealed by the player after fixing the servers.
The players can explore the northern part of North America - a frozen seashore of the Atlantic, the territory of the Apache, the Valley of Rivers, and New York, that got remade with respect to the real city of the eighteenth century.
The game features the same ship sailing mechanics as features in Assassin's Creed IV. It is essential for Shay to escape the Assassins he will encounter, minimize the casualties of his sailors, and destroy enemy ships. Shay's ship named "Morrigan" is well-adapted for sailing through the ice and the seas of the Atlantic. It is equipped with barrels of oil and Puckle guns.
In his inventory, Shay has several swords, an air gun, a pistol, and several grenades. The game rewards creative mission approaches and does not restrict the players in any manner.
3. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
An Industrial Revolution in a World of Magick
Imagine a place of wonder, where magick and technology coexist in an uneasy balance, and an adventurer might just as easily wield a flintlock pistol as a flaming sword. A place where great industrial cities house castle keeps and factories, home to Dwarves, Humans, Orcs and Elves alike. A place of Ancient runes and steamworks, of magick and machines, of sorcery and science. Welcome to the land of Arcanum.Character Design allows you to customize your character any way you choose
Whether you choose magick or technology, the Arcanum world adapts and responds to your character's development
Classless, point-based attribute system allows for limitless creativity in guiding your character's development
8 basic stats, such as Strength and Charisma
More than a dozen derived stats, from Poison Resistance to Character Speed
16 Primary skills, including Gambling and Healing
80 Spells with 16 Colleges of Magick
56 technological degrees within 8 disciplinesExtraordinary Adventure Features
Explore a world as vast as it is mysterious-it would take over 30 real-time hours to traverse the land of Arcanum
Meet more than 300 unique characters and monster types across this huge land
Many means exist to solve the myriad quests, from dueling to discourse to thievery
Take on a band of ogres in real-time, or plan your strategy through turn-based combat - you decide
Accurate day and night cycles affect the gameplay, from combat to thieving skills
Automatic character management lets action-oriented players delve into the quest at hand
Create your own worlds or play the included multiplayer scenario online cooperatively or competively
Categories in common with Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura: Role Playing
4. Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel
Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel tells a story about a squad named Brotherhood of Steel which is involved in a war. The game takes place in the well-known Fallout universe yet it does not continue the story of any other Fallout games released previously. For those who pre-ordered this game, a special bonus CD was delivered. It includes bonus mission for the main game and a table top game in the Fallout universe.
Fallout Tactics is a game about tactical combat and strategy and this time players have much more limited interaction with NPC characters yet they can still trade with them. The game centers around bunkers of Brotherhood from where the player has to go to missions after preparing for them by obtaining the services of quartermasters, mechanics, personal yeomen and medics.
In Fallout Tactics, missions take place in towns or factories, military camps or a Vault. In missions, the player gets a map with marked objectives and notes. Fallout Tactics offers a deep combat mechanic, which features three different modes of combat: Continuous Turn-Based, Individual Turn-Based and Squad Turn-Based combat types.
SpaceChem - a new puzzle with a unique design.
You play as a SpaceChem Reactor Engineer, which, using the available source chemical elements, using chemical reactions, nuclear fission or synthesis to create new ones.
The game is divided into several episodes, and the episodes, in turn, are divided into stages. Stages are divided into three categories by type — research, production and defence. In the research stages (usually they act as training tasks for new capabilities of the reactor), only one reactor is available to the player. In the production stages, the player opens several reactors, and he, combining them with pipes, must provide cargo ships with the necessary chemical elements. In the defensive stages (usually the final tasks of each episode), the player must be using the available means, stop any monster trying to destroy the production station SpaceChem.
6. Planescape: Torment
"Planescape: Torment is a wonderful game, and its Enhanced Edition is a splendid, unobtrusive, beautifying update."
-Geek & Sundry
"Planescape: Torment still stands tall as a landmark masterpiece that can continue to age gracefully, now on your phone or tablet"
"Planescape: Torment is a timeless classic, the Enhanced Edition just makes it better"
Uncover secrets of past lives in this story-rich, tactical roleplaying game set in Sigil, a dark fantasy city at the heart of the Dungeons & Dragons multiverse. Explore the planes, survive combat alongside a party of bizarre companions, and solve puzzles unlike any ever seen in the genre.
The original Planescape: Torment was released in 1999 to widespread critical acclaim. It won RPG of the Year from multiple outlets for its unconventional story, characters, and amazing soundtrack. Since then, millions of Planescape: Torment fans have enjoyed exploring the strange and dangerous city of Sigil and surrounding planes.
Discover an incredibly rich story and a unique setting unlike anything else in fantasy. Defeat strange and alien creatures, engage in rich dialogue, and explore the dark and dangerous Planescape setting in this 50+ hour RPG classic.
This is Planescape: Torment like you’ve never seen before.
"What can change the nature of a man?"
You are The Nameless One, a hulking figure covered in scars and tattoos collected over the course of countless lives—none of which you can remember, but are now coming back to haunt you. You are prodded awake by Morte, a floating skull and keeper of secrets, to embark on an adventure taking the Nameless One from the dirty streets of Sigil into the mysterious Outer Planes and even into the depths of Hell itself.
In your search for answers, you'll find companions matching the bizarre nature of the planes: a chaste succubus who can kill with a kiss, a confused crossbow-wielding cube, a suit of armor animated by a spirit demanding JUSTICE, and more. With these companions and others at The Nameless One’s side, you will explore worlds in search of answers, all to discover that some destinies cannot be escaped and some memories cost more than an immortal should be willing to pay.
Beamdog’s Enhanced Edition titles are designed for 7 inch and larger tablets. We recommend this title to iPhone players using the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus.
-Enhanced Planescape: Chris Avellone, Lead Designer on Planescape Torment, has partnered with Beamdog to curate gameplay updates, bug fixes, and enhancements to best capture his original vision for the game.
-The Planes Await: Planescape is a setting you've never experienced before, filled with strange magics, bizarre adversaries, and Dungeons & Dragons locations from across the multiverse.
-Conversations to Remember: Encounter personable items, philosophic undead, and rat hiveminds while walking the planes with the strangest collection of allies ever seen in an RPG.
-Pick Your Path: Character creation is just the beginning. The Nameless One can change his class, alignment, and even gain new abilities based on your choices.
-Remastered Music: The full Planescape: Torment soundtrack has been remastered in-game to add more depth to Sigil and the multiverse.
-New Tablet Interface, Same Planescape Feel: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been designed with tablets in mind. Open and close side menus with a touch, select dialog options with handy conversation buttons, and make tactical decisions with a brand-new action indicator.
-A Planescape For Today: Modern features such as tab highlighting, area zooming, combat log, quickloot, and more!
-Play It Your Way: Enable Enhanced Edition features as you desire or turn them off to experience Planescape: Torment in its original glory.
- Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is available in English, French, Polish, German, and Korean. Note: Korean translations are text only. Voice-overs are played in English.
7. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
The original Planescape: Torment was released in 1999 to widespread critical acclaim. It won RPG of the Year from multiple outlets for its unconventional story, characters, and amazing soundtrack. Since then, millions of Planescape: Torment fans have enjoyed exploring the strange and dangerous city of Sigil and surrounding planes through the Nameless One's eyes.
Discover an incredibly rich story and a unique setting unlike anything else in fantasy. Defeat strange and alien creatures, engage in rich dialogue, and explore the dark and dangerous Planescape setting in this 50+ hour RPG classic.
This is Planescape: Torment like you’ve never seen before.Story
"What can change the nature of a man?"
You are the Nameless One, a hulking figure covered in scars and tattoos collected over the course of countless lives—none of which you can remember, but are now coming back to haunt you. You are prodded awake by Morte, a floating skull and keeper of secrets, to embark on an adventure taking The Nameless One from the dirty streets of Sigil into the mysterious Outer Planes and even into the depths of Hell itself.
Portals riddle the planar metropolis of Sigil, providing access to anywhere in existence, but only if you have the proper key. Known as the "City of Doors," Sigil is a neutral ground where demons, devas, and races from across the multiverse gather under the watchful shadow of the Lady of Pain, the city's enigmatic ruler. This is a place where the word is mightier than the sword, where thought defines reality, and belief has the power to reshape worlds.
In your search for answers, you'll find companions matching the bizarre nature of the planes: a chaste succubus who can kill with a kiss, a confused crossbow-wielding cube, a suit of armor animated by a spirit demanding JUSTICE, and more. With these companions and others at The Nameless One’s side, you will explore worlds in search of answers, all to discover that some destinies cannot be escaped and some memories cost more than an even an immortal can bear.Features
Enhanced Planescape: Chris Avellone, Lead Designer on Planescape Torment, has partnered with Beamdog to curate gameplay updates, bug fixes, and enhancements to best capture his original vision for the game.
The Planes Await: Planescape is a setting you've never experienced before, filled with strange magics, strange adversaries, and Dungeons & Dragons locations from across the multiverse.
Conversations to Remember: Encounter personable items, philosophic undead, and rat hiveminds while walking the planes with the strangest collection of allies ever seen in an RPG.
Pick Your Path: Character creation is just the beginning. The Nameless One can change his class, alignment, and even gain new abilities based on your choices.
Remastered Music: The full Planescape: Torment soundtrack has been remastered in-game to add more depth to Sigil and the multiverse.
4K Interface: Sigil has never looked this good! The interface of Planescape: Torment has been rebuilt in high definition with tons of new convenience features.
A Planescape For Today: The Enhanced Edition includes modern features such as tab highlighting, area zooming, combat log, quickloot, and more!
Play It Your Way: Enable Enhanced Edition features as you desire or turn them off to experience Planescape: Torment in its original glory.
Cast Comprehend Languages: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is available in English, French, Polish, German, and Korean. Note: Korean translations are text only with voice-overs played in English.
8. X2: The Threat
X²: The Threat is of a new generation of space simulator games, you play the role of Julian Gardna who continues the story set by X: Beyond The Frontier. The updated graphics engine gives the universe a fresher feel with newly designed ships and stations adding to the complexity of the universe.
- Explore: You can explore over 130 beautifully designed sectors occupied by nebulas that affect your ships and stations, asteroids you can mine for materials you can later sell on for profit.
- New Ships: Explore in over 60 ships of varying sizes from scout class ships to the much larger carrier class battleships.
- New Upgrades: Upgrade your ships systems with many more upgrades, and download new upgrades that make use of the new scripting engine designed specially for X².
- New Weapons: Add new weapons to your ship including the Ion Disruptor and Mass Driver, but also build factories that will develop these weapons and sell them to make a profit, expanding your own empire among the universe.
- New Missions: Take part in missions offered to you on each stations bulletin board, make money by defending convoys and destroy incoming Xenon fleets intent on destroying everything in their path.
But above all else, help to defend the universe from the Khaak, before they kill everyone and everything they come across.
9. Avernum 6
Avernum is one of the great tales of indie gaming, an epic series of fantasy role-playing adventurers set in an enormous, subterranean nation. Avernum is a land underground, a subterranean nation full of rogues, misfits, and brigands, struggling for survival and wealth in the monster-infested darkness. Avernum 6 is the final chapter in the Great Trials Trilogy, three games that tell the tale of your weary land’s final destiny.
Avernum 6 is the final game in the long-running, award-winning Avernum series. Explore a gigantic world, with a fascinating storyline, hundreds of quests, multitudes of side dungeons, and many hours of adventure. The game features clever enemies and dozens of interesting scripted encounters. Learn over 50 spells and battle disciplines. Hunt for hundreds of magical items or craft your own powerful artifacts.
10. Thief Gold
Stalk your prey on the quest for stolen goods with your blackjack, sword, and an assortment of unique arrows. Steal for money and uncover the hidden agendas of your allies and enemies as you play through an unravelling story of deception and revenge. Survive in a world where shadows are your only ally, trust is not an option, and confrontation results in death!Key Features:
- Pioneering stealth based gameplay brings a new dimension to first person action.
- Thief™ Gold includes Thief™ The Dark Project (12 huge missions with multiple environments) and the Gold update (3 new campaign missions which deepen the plot and add five new types of enemies)
- Advanced enemies can see, hear, speak, and sound alarms.
- Your arsenal includes: blackjack, sword, fire arrows, water arrows, rope arrows and more
11. Pathfinder: Kingmaker
<br/><br/>With the help of over 18,000 Kickstarter backers, Narrative Designer Chris Avellone and composer Inon Zur, Owlcat Games is proud to bring you the first isometric computer RPG set in the beloved Pathfinder tabletop universe. Enjoy a classic RPG experience inspired by games like Baldur's Gate, Fallout 1 and 2 and Arcanum. Explore and conquer the Stolen Lands and make them your kingdom!<br/><br/>Based on our players' feedback and suggestions, this version of the game improves and builds upon the original. This edition includes: <br/>• numerous gameplay-enriching content additions and dozens of quality-of-life features<br/>• new abilities and ways to build your character, including a brand-new class<br/>• new items and weaponry<br/>• improved balance, especially in the beginning and last two chapters of the game<br/>• enhanced kingdom management system, both in terms of balance as well as usability and player comfort<br/>• increased variety of random encounters on the global map<br/>• thousands of fixes and improvements made since the game's initial release<br/><br/>Explore the Stolen Lands, a region that has been contested territory for centuries: Hundreds of kingdoms have risen and fallen in these lands, and now it is time for you to make your mark—by building your own kingdom! To do so, you’ll need to survive the harsh wilderness and the threat of rival nations… as well as threats within your own court.<br/><br/><br/><br/>Customize your character with a wide range of classes and powers including specialized archetypes, powerful arcane and divine spells, choosing from a multitude of class abilities, skills, and feats. Pathfinder allows players to create heroes (or villains) that fit both their individual gameplay styles and their personalities.<br/><br/>Meet a diverse cast of companions and NPCs, including iconic characters from the Pathfinder setting itself. You’ll need to decide who to trust and who to watch carefully, as each companion has an agenda, alignment, and goals that may differ from yours. Your journey will become their journey, and you’ll help shape their lives both in the moment and well into the future.<br/><br/><br/><br/>Conquer new regions as claim them as your own, carving your kingdom from the wilderness. While classic dungeon crawling and exploration lie at the heart of this adventure, diplomacy, politics, and kingdom development are also part of the challenge. Choose your allies well, and keep them close while exploring ancient tombs and ruins — and while dealing with politics in your own court. <br/><br/>Your kingdom is a reflection of your character and your choices throughout the game. It is a living thing shaped by your alignment, your allies, and your ability to lead your people. Not only can your kingdom expand, opening up new territories and allowing you to build new towns and communities, but your capital city will physically change based on your decisions, your policies, and even whom you choose to ally with. As your kingdom grows, a number of factions and neighboring countries will come to you to seek favor—and to test your strength.<br/><br/><br/><br/><strong>Explore - Conquer - Rule!</strong><br/><br/>The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game is an evolution of the 3.5 rules set of the world's oldest fantasy roleplaying game, designed by Paizo, Inc using the feedback of tens of thousands of gamers just like you. Whether you’re new to the Pathfinder® universe or you’re a seasoned veteran, Pathfinder: Kingmaker is the CRPG you’ve been waiting for.
Categories in common with Pathfinder: Kingmaker: Role Playing
12. Gorky 17
Gorky 17 is a role-playing game set in a fictional polish town of Gorky 17. The town was attacked by mutants and destroyed. Several years after these events a NATO group disappeared near Gorky 17. You take control of the second team sent to find missing allies. Another goal of the game is to reveal the reason why monsters appear.
You manage a group of three people: Cole Sullivan, the operation leader, and his two subordinates. The characters can be upgraded; the line-up changes during the game. Gorky 17 features several huge locations you can freely explore while some areas require special items to be opened.
The game features turn-based battles with a heavy tactical accent. You are strictly limited in supplies so wise ammo management is a must. Sometimes you need to fulfill a certain task during fights, such as protecting someone; some fights are time limited. A character’s death leads to restarting the battle.
13. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
Kidnapped and taken to an unfamiliar location, nine people find themselves forced to participate in a diabolical Nonary Game by an enigmatic mastermind called Zero. Why were they there? Why were they chosen to put their lives on the line as part of a dangerous life and death game? Who can be trusted? Tensions rise as the situation becomes more and more dire, and the nine strangers must figure out how to escape before they wind up dead.
- Two spine-tingling Nonary Games
Zero welcomes you to take part in both the Nonary Game and the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition as the award-winning escape-the-room visual novels Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (999) and its sequel, Virtue’s Last Reward (VLR), are together for the first time.
- A remastered and revamped Nine Hours
The well-received classic Nintendo DS game 999 has been updated with hi-res graphics and a variety of new features including both Japanese and English voice acting!
- Seek a way out
Search for clues within numerous locked rooms and solve mind-bending puzzles in order to escape. VLR even has two difficulty settings for more of a challenge.
- Fascinating theories and pseudo science ideas abound along the twisting, turning journey to uncover who Zero is, why everyone was kidnapped, and the shocking connection between the Nonary Games.
Categories in common with Zero Escape: The Nonary Games: Adventure
14. ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game
ATOM RPG is a post-apocalyptic indie game, inspired by classic CRPGs: Fallout, Wasteland, System Shock, Deus Ex, Baldur's Gate and many others.
In 1986 both the Soviet Union and the Western Bloc were destroyed in mutual nuclear bombings. You are one of the survivors of the nuclear Holocaust. Your mission - to explore the wild and wondrous world of the Soviet Wasteland. To earn your place under the sun. And to investigate a shadowy conspiracy, aimed at destroying all that is left of life on Earth.
• A powerful character creation tool, aimed at making the wasteland hero you want to portray!
• A balanced roleplaying system inspired by GURPS. Each stat combination provides a unique gaming experience, unique dialogues, and new ways to solve some of the quests!
• Dozens of skills, from lockpicking to gambling!
• Many hours of gameplay on all sorts of locations. Meet the other survivors in a brave new settlement, built from the dust of the old world. Venture into the wilds, where mutated creatures and savage bandits lurk. Work out the secrets of an old military bunker. Or simply lose yourself, fishing at a scenic pond...
• Turn-based combat, inspired by Fallout 1 and 2.
• Random encounters with the dwellers of the Soviet Wasteland - both friendly and dangerous. Sometimes all at the same time...
• Many deep, multiple-choice dialogues that feel like real conversations with the unique NPCs of the game.
• Nonlinear gameplay! Dozens of quests, each with many alternative solutions. Play the game like You want to!
Categories in common with ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game: Role Playing
15. Silent Storm Gold Edition
Silent Storm from leading Russian developer Nival is a true 3D tactical turn-based Role-Playing-Game set against the backdrop of WWII. As the conflict rages on the frontlines, you’ll be leading a small multinational squad behind enemy lines to gather information and wreak havoc on your enemies while trying to thwart a mysterious new rising power whose plans are even more horrific than anything the world has yet witnessed.
Silent Storm is fully rendered in breathtaking 3D – and includes fully destructible environments, realistic weaponry and unlimited tactical possibilities. Turn-based gaming has never looked this good!The Story1943: The world seems to face its destruction in all parts; war is raging like never before. You are the commander of a squad, leading the soldiers you’ve selected into special and top secret operations to change the tide of war in your favour – allies or axis, it’s you choice!
The new Add-On "Sentinels" begins with the end of the WWII nightmare. Veterans from all countries, even former enemies, stand together and form the secret investigation and intervention group "Sentinels", for one purpose only: To stop the evil secret society "Thors Hammer" they have faced in war.
Turn-based game, heavy on tactics and team-management
Flexible missions, 2 different campaigns for axis and allies.
24 missions during night and daytime, each one has to be prepared carefully and is enriched with random events.
Multiple options for mission success: brutal force and tactical cleverness can be used in the combination of your choice and in 3 difficulties
More than 75 authentic weapons from WWII, including experimental prototypes and rare items
More than 40 male and female soldiers to choose from, each one has his / her own character and special abilities
Destructible environment opens up tactical options, whether it’s flushing an enemy out of a building via rocket launcher or knocking holes in a wall to make a field-expedient shortcut.
Unprecedented realism featuring true 3D, a fully destructible environment, and real projectile physics that take into consideration trajectory, speed, and piercing performance.
Includes Silent Storm and Add-On "Sentinels"
16. Jagged Alliance 2 Gold
The small country of Arulco has been taken over by a merciless dictator - and only you can loosen the iron grip! Jagged Alliance 2 Gold Pack immerses you into an elaborate role-playing universe where you will interact with more than 150 characters, recruit your own band of soldiers and create your own custom mercenary to win back Arulco - not once, but twice! The perfect blend of strategy, role playing and tactical combat!
Categories in common with Jagged Alliance 2 Gold: Strategy
17. Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 is a turn-based RPG, set in a postapocalyptic world. The game is the direct sequel to the original release of 1988, and it follows in the predecessor’s footsteps, trying to preserve the feel of an old-school RPG.
The story of the game is in the year 2102, 15 years after the first game and more than a hundred - after the nuclear war. The player will create a platoon of four recruits to the Desert Rangers, and guide them on different quests through the Wasteland. The game’s roleplay mechanics will ensure that every action that you take will have an impact on the story, which makes every playthrough enjoyable and new.
The game’s difficulty will often set obstacles for new players, as the sequel is as unforgiving as the original. After three, ten, hundred attempts, the players will realize the need to be always ready for new challenges, and in that, Wasteland 2 shines the most, providing great tests but offering great fruit.
Categories in common with Wasteland 2: Role Playing
18. Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption
Before your fall, you led a crusade against evil. Now you've become one of the undead creatures you once battled - a Vampire. Inhabiting the World of Darkness, you must face a series of brutal confrontations with your nemesis Vukodlak, a powerful vampire lord.
Your unholy showdown begins in medieval Europe and rages on into the modern day, as you track a soulless enemy in an eternal struggle to destroy him. For this is the only hope of vengeance for your tortured immortality.
A storyline that begins in Middle Ages and ends in the present
A well-known universe as the game’s setting: World of Darkness
Your decisions during both gameplay and conversations will determine the final outcome of the story
19. Runestone Keeper
Runestone Keeper is a challenging roguelike to roguelite dungeon crawler that blends classic role playing elements and turn-based combat strategy.
Dive into the dungeon roguelite-ness and begin your very own epic adventure! Grab your rucksack, sharpen those dusty swords, step into the dark chamber and fight for glory![Features]
- Randomly Generated Dungeon Elements – Almost everything is generated differently each time to ensure a unique experience!
- Prefix and Suffix Based Equipment – Loots come with random yet rare prefixes and suffixes. Combat, collect and combine for a killer suit!
- Diverse Monster Mixes - Tread lightly, or be ganged upon by monsters with complementary abilities that might drive you crazy.
- Items, Traps, Devices and Events - Opportunities for a favorable turn even at the most desperate moment. Choose wisely and use the unwelcoming surroundings to your advantage!
- Heroes and Goddesses – Create your hero’s attributes build! Sacrifice to receive your mighty God’s blessing (and later betray him to check out his fury)!
- Modes and Leaderboards - Multiple modes to choose from and a global ranking system to check yourself among all the dungeon adventurers.
- A Challenging Experience - Prepare to have a tragic (not to mention permanent) death ;)
20. Tropico Reloaded
TROPICO RELOADED is the ultimate game compilation for hobby-dictators and those dreaming of their own Caribbean island. Tropico combines real-time strategy and simulation elements with a healthy dose of political intrigue and Caribbean flair to create a unique and critically acclaimed game experience.
You are the sole ruler of a remote banana republic. Fight against poverty, corruption and rebels, make your own people happy or enforce your rule through military strength. However, do not forget to set aside a few dollars for your own retirement on a swiss bank account!
TROPICO — PARADISE ISLAND
The official expansion for the original game not only brings natural disasters like tropical storms but also new tourist attractions to your island. Face the challenges of tons of new scenarios, prove yourself a worthy leader to your own people and make Tropico a paradise for wealthy visitors from overseas.
TROPICO 2 — PIRATE COVE
As a feared Pirate King, you have to keep both your buccaneers and prisoners under control and send your ships on the prowl for treasury. Apart from an entirely new setting, the official sequel to the original Tropico offers gameplay improvements, new features and scenarios.
- Includes the original Tropico, the expansion Paradise Island and Tropico 2: Pirate Cove
- Over 100 scenarios
- Random map generator for an infinite number of challenges
21. POSTAL Redux
The classic dark and surreal twin-stick isometric shooter returns with a vengeance!
POSTAL Redux is a high definition remake of The Postal Dude's infamous first foray into the world. Prepare to experience his psychological journey with faithfully recreated high resolution visuals, remastered music, sounds, and dialog, and revamped and modernized gameplay. Crazed gunmen out for your blood await you around every corner. The only choice is clear: Get them before they get you. Fight back with a devastating arsenal as you make your way through a violence-stricken town.
It's time to relive the madness of GOING POSTAL!
- Online Co-op: Go POSTAL together with up to four players! Join up with your friends to wreak carnage together.
- Online Deathmatch: Engage in free-for-all frenzies with up to eight players!
- Brand new Rampage mode: Take aim for the high score in this frantic mode that awards points for sustained kill streaks, creative methods of destruction, and blistering fast action!
- Battle through 17 levels in the classic Campaign: Beginning from your humble Home, traverse through The Mine and Trailer Park, witness the mean streets of The Ghetto and the bright lights of The City, all the way to the final standoff at the Air Force Base, including a stop at the all-new Carnival.
- Includes the original add-ons: Blast through Special Delivery's EZ Mart, Shanty Town, Earthquake, and the luxurious La Palamino Resort, and then head to Japan in Super POSTAL's Tokyo and Osaka! Play through everything together in the massive combined 23-level Excess Postage campaign!
- A wide range of foes: Defend yourself against gun crazy Vigilantes, trigger-happy Police Officers, trained and efficient SWAT and Military squads, the quintessential Marching Band, and angry Ostriches!
- 10 weapons of destruction: Lay waste with the mighty Shotgun and Spray Cannon, roast attackers with Molotovs and the Flamethrower, fill the streets with fire with the Napalm Launcher, clear out entire groups with Grenades and the Rocket Launcher (Heatseekers included!), lay traps for unsuspecting pursuers with varied types of Mines, and introducing the commanding Revolver!
22. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
The coup d’état that threatened to shake the foundation of the Liberl Kingdom has now come to a close and Her Majesty the Queen’s birthday celebrations are in full swing throughout the streets of Grancel. During that same night, a boy who vowed to make amends for his past disappeared before the girl he loved. Clutched in the girl’s hand was the one thing he left for her to remember him by: a harmonica. Now her journey to find him begins…
The Legend of Heroes Series Continues…
The tale of Estelle and Joshua concludes in this engaging narrative twice the size of its predecessor. Partner up with either Schera or Agate on over 70 hours of core gameplay to thwart the growing evil that threatens Liberl.
An Immersive Adventure
The meticulously detailed land of Liberl awaits your return with new quests, new mini-games, new collectibles, and new and familiar locations to explore populated by hundreds of unique NPCs with their own stories to tell.
Expanded Combat System
The series’ staple strategic turn-based system with unmatchable customization has been taken even further with all new arts, crafts, upgraded orbments, and combo attacks.
Falcom’s celebrated Sound Team jdk returns with 44 tracks to underscore the tumultuous resolution of one of the most moving and expansive JRPGs ever created.
The Hunter of Love
More Olivier than ever.
Categories in common with The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC: Role Playing
23. Cosmic Star Heroine
Alyssa L'Salle was one of the top secret agents at the Agency of Peace & Intelligence on the Planet Araenu. But when she uncovers a horrible conspiracy, she has to go rogue in order to save the day! Can Alyssa save the galaxy when everyone (and everything) is out to stop her!
- The best of classic and modern RPGs!
- Brisk pacing that respects your time! Save anywhere!
- No separate battle screen! Battles take place directly in the areas that you explore!
- 2D visual style straight from the height of gaming's 16-bit era!
- Animated cutscenes reminiscent of the Sega CD & Turbo Duo era!
- Soundtrack by HyperDuck SoundWorks (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Precipice of Darkness 4)!
- Over 100 minutes of music!
- Multi-character combo techniques!
- Innovative turn-based combat system that focuses on flow & strategy!
- Your own spaceship! Recruit new agents to help your home base grow!
24. Skyshine's BEDLAM
"I haven’t seen a better looking game this year." - Rock, Paper, Shotgun
You are the Mechanic, the last known member of a once-thriving guild of brilliant operators of the rolling fortresses called Dozers. You are in charge of commanding your crew in battles, managing your resources, improving your Dozer, interacting with various characters, and protecting your passengers while navigating through the post-apocalyptic wasteland.
25. Zombie Shooter 2
Zombie Shooter 2 is an action game by the maker of Alien Shooter series. It also contains elements of RPG. This game is a continuation of Zombie Shooter.
The actions take place in a ruined and devastated city, where all the citizens became zombies. After arriving in this unknown city, the player has to find out what has happened here. To finish the game the player has to fight crowds of zombies and face the leader of the threat at the end of the game. Moreover, he should not miss his last chance to save the life of his beloved.
The user can choose the preferable game type: campaign, survive or gun stand. Also, the player selects character according to his taste.
As the game progresses, the main character’s parameters can be upgraded. While playing, you can gain experience, improve your skills and earn money to spend it on user devices. Zombie Shooter 2 implies a high concentration since the number of enemies reaches more than 100 at a time. There are at least 60 types of weapons to resist zombies. Among the armaments, you can find the sniper rifles. The player can also use auxiliary devices. For instance, radar or battle drones. Moreover, there is a variety of modes of vehicles. Besides, you have an opportunity to get medicines, if necessary.
26. Battle Islands
"It’s 1942, and deep in the South Pacific your platoon of crack troops lands on a tropical island, but can you defeat enemy forces and hold your ground to fight another day?
You’ll need to act quickly in this action-packed, WW2-themed battle strategy game – Control air, sea, and land forces, build your garrison, battle against friends and create powerful allegiances!
- Control troops, jeeps, tanks, boats and warplanes over air, sea, and land as you vie for superiority deep in the South Pacific
- Build and improve your military might, and use it to raid and pillage enemy islands and capture their resources
- Make sure you've a strong garrison - your enemies are itching to invade!
- Exciting Real-time strategy and combat gameplay
- Battle against friends in the fight for supremacy
IT'S TIME FOR BATTLE, SOLDIER!"
27. Planet Alcatraz
Planet Alcatraz is a 3D role playing game with isometric projection. The player travels through the game world and fights against enemies in the real-time mode. In a general sense Planet Alcatraz can be portrayed as a non-linear adventure with lots of shooting. Several genres are mixed in this game but despite that fact it isn't stuck between them and appears to be a classical RPG that is based on a specially developed system.
The action takes place on prison planet Alcatraz. Its inhabitants are inveterate criminals that were banished there for the life term for their terrible crimes. The main objective of the game is to control a sabotage group that consists of the only one person in the beginning and enlarges through the game. The player has to use all sorts of resources and means to accomplish the mission.Key features:
- Absolutely unique universe
- Creation of the main character allows changing basic characteristics and appearance including facial animation based on LifeMode technology
- Tense atmosphere determined by deep immersion to planet's criminal world
- Comprehensive dialogue system allowing the player to choose the way of behaving and communication on his own
- More than 100 kinds of cold steel and firearms
- More than 200 characters involved in dialogues
- More than 80 original monsters, including flying and poisonous
- Fights and adventures with different behavioral and battle options
- Original sounds and music
Categories in common with Planet Alcatraz: Role Playing
28. Eschalon: Book I
Eschalon: Book I is an old-school role-playing game that will take you across massive outdoor environments and deep into dozens of sprawling dungeons as you seek to uncover the mystery of who you are. It features a tile-built, turn-based game world where the result of absolutely every action is rolled, calculated or statistically determined. Hundreds of items and dozens of creatures await your discovery in this classically inspired RPG.
- A tile-built, turn-based game world where the result of absolutely every action is rolled, calculated or statistically determined. Strategy is paramount to success; careful skill management, equipment selection and magic usage will win your fights, not rapid button clicking. We are very pleased to say this is not another "action RPG".
- Hundreds of items and dozens of creatures await your discovery. A combination of randomly generated treasure and carefully hidden goodies means that no two games will play the exact same way.
- Unlimited character development style: Choose from 24 unique skills to make the character you want and 8 base attributes that affect your character's every action throughout the game. The game world does not scale or adjust itself to match anyone's play style, so the ease or difficulty of the game is directly related to how successful you are at developing your character.
- Combat plays out at your pace. Eschalon: Book I features a turn-based system that allows you to roll through combat as fast or slow you want...make it fast and furious, or analyze every option for maximum advantage.
- A non-linear storyline means that the game world is open to explore as you desire. Follow the storyline or don't...it's up to you. Just be careful where you go and who you choose to trust- the world of Eschalon can be a deadly place for an inexperienced adventurer.
- An epic adventure that you must face alone...a single-player RPG carefully designed to feel like the great old school RPGs of the past such as Ultima®, Might & Magic®, and Wizardry®
29. Infestation: Survivor Stories Classic
Infestation: Survivor Stories is a Survival Horror MMO that immerses players in a zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic world in which a viral outbreak has decimated the human population leaving in its wake, a nightmare of epic proportion.
- A Huge Persistent World: This is an nonlinear open world game
- Explore, Scavenge, Kill, Survive: You are one of the few survivors and must navigate the desolate countryside exploring cities and scavenging for items
- Group with other players to increase your chances of survival
- Combination of First-Person and Third Person Perspectives
- Meld of PVE (Player versus Environment) and PVP (Player versus Player)
- Safe Settlements where Players can access their global inventory
- Create your own Clans
- Reputation system – Choose to become a lawman or bandit
- Leave Messages for friends in the game world with a time capsule
- Immersive environment with unique and spine chilling sound effects
- Huge variation of melee and firearm weapon types
30. Disciples Sacred Lands Gold
It is now the dawn of a new age. The most momentous of wars has begun in the heart of
the Sacred Lands. Four races - the Empire, the Mountain Clans, the Undead Hordes and the
Legions of the Damned - stand ready for battle as they fight for the survival and dominance
of their war-torn world, and the gods they have long believed in.
The Mighty Lords watch silently as their Disciples prepare for the daunting tasks ahead.
Each warrior must engage in a struggle of swordplay, sorcery, and uncommon courage in order
to complete their sacred quests.
The Empire fight to secure their people's future; The Mountain Clans search to regain their
rune knowledge; The Undead Hordes seek revenge for their accursed god; and The Legions of the
Damned battle to resurrect their fallen angel's soul. It is a struggle of desperation.
Every stroke of a sword, each blast of fiery magic must be endured beyond exhaustion. For once
the clouds of destruction clear, lands will have been transformed, new armies will have been
forged and the cheers of the liberated will resound throughout the land.
The day of reckoning has come...
Only one race shall claim victory. Only the chosen will survive.
*Gold Edition includes over 25 new scenarios created by the developers and improved multiplayer functionality.
*Engage in classic turn-based strategy and RPG action in a fully explorable medieval world.
*Master over 100 spectacular spells, each boasting its own dynamic animation.
Categories in common with Disciples Sacred Lands Gold: Strategy
31. City of Chains
Holt Allaway is a skilled engineer, specialising in the construction and programming of robots. When the government approached him to sign up for a military programme to create battle machines, Holt declined, not wishing to create weapons of war. He expected this wouldn’t go down well, and he was right. Shortly after, the officials fabricated a story that he was conspiring with underground movements against the government and convicted him of a crime he did not commit.
Upon being arrested, Holt is taken to a temporary holding facility where all arrested criminals are brought for an interrogation, as well as a verdict that decides their fate. Some are executed, and their organs are harvested and sold. The others are taken to high-security prisons and used as labourers or test subjects.
Shortly after an interrogation, the holding facility is attacked by corrupted machines, and chaos ensues. A scout bot that’s remotely controlled by a mysterious individual calling himself Cai sets Holt free and instructs him to escape. Holt joins forces with a smart scientist Chloe and an assassin Lorelei, both of whom were also imprisoned. Following Cai’s lead, they flee the facility.
However, their ordeal has only started. With no allies, few resources, and government police on their heels, they must find any means to survive and escape this condemned city - a City of Chains.
- A dark sci-fi set in a large, dystopian city.
- 4 leading protagonists, each with their own skillset.
- No levelling up or experience points. Acquire skill points by making progress and use these to learn new skills and passive bonuses for each character.
- Enemies can be approached with direct combat, taken out with a grenade, or bypassed altogether.
- Non-linear and semi-linear locations. Use hacking, lockpicking, charisma, and wall smashing to find alternate routes to your goals.
- Choice and consequence – your decisions will have impact on the world around you.
- Grenade crafting and Medicine making. Use ingredients to create various grenades and medicinal pills.
- Watch morale of your teammates! Morale makes your allies more efficient in battle and out of battle.
- 3 difficulty modes – Casual, Hardy, and Dystopia.
32. Master of Orion 3
Experience first-hand the challenges of leading one of 16 different races into unequalled galactic supremacy and face a universe of decisions. Set policies, explore, build, declare war, negotiate - put all these elements into motion to guarantee your place in the annals of space and time.
Are you prepared to become the Master of Orion, and to discover the truth behind the Orion Sector and its inhabitants? Welcome to the world of Master of Orion 3. Your journey begins here.
- Dominate the galaxy as any one of 16 unique races
- Espionage, disinformation, subterfuge, betrayal, subversion and assassination - do whatever it takes to achieve victory
- Dynamic galaxy generation ensures that no two games are ever the same
Categories in common with Master of Orion 3: Strategy
33. Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones
In Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones, the player journeys from a doomed Arkham into the depths of the Abyss. Create your own character based on 1920's archetypes and carve a path through a broken and mysterious world.
Your desperate battle against forces beyond comprehension will haunt you until the end. Physical combat will be challenging, spellcasting will have dire consequences, and your sanity will be strained to the breaking point by unknown abominations. Sometimes the best solution will be to flee what lurks beyond the threshold.
A hand drawn 2D world reflecting Lovecraft's themes of cosmic horror and dread.
Enemies, environments and storylines inspired by Lovecraft’s iconic original works. Take part in quests inspired by your favorite stories and see them play out according to your own decisions and role-playing style.
Choose from 8 main character Archetypes, each with its own origin backstory and specialties.
A host of weird companions will accompany you on your ill-starred journey: the lonely, antediluvian 'Outsider', a fallen soldier of the Great War reanimated by Herbert West, a psychic (and narcissistic) cat from Ulthar. Recruit these and other outlandish beings to your crew.
Your character's Sanity and mental state will influence dialogue options. Mental illness comes with advantages as well as hindrances. Sometimes it pays to be mad in a world gone mad!
Stygian's Belief System determines how your characters cope with the warped reality of the new Arkham, as well as the rate at which they regenerate lost Sanity. Belief Systems also offer unique dialogue options, expanding the breadth of role-playing possibilities.
A new kind of spell system which sometimes takes more than it gives. Being a master of the occult is not as simple as flinging colored missiles from your fingertips. The black magic of Stygian is potent but may cost you your mind, your health, and possibly even much more.
Strategic, turn-based combat from a 2D perspective, similar to the classic Heroes of Might and Magic games.
The struggle in Stygian is not to save the world, for that battle is lost already. Pursue your own goals in these end times: salvation, vendetta, or perhaps something darker.
«Marauder» is a tactical strategy with RPG elements. The game is based on the book "Marauder" by Berkem al Atomi and brings you to an alternate history where anarchy and endless strife have become a rule. You will play as a marauder who is trying to survive and settle a comfortable life. At first you have nothing but a double-barreled gun and a handful of shells, but in time you will gather "a family", arm it, and learn to stay alive in this constant war of everything against everyone.
- Game script and character dialogues written by Berkem al Atomi himself.
- A full-blown RPG system to develop your squad members.
- A small Uralian town with various different locales for you to explore (ruins, forests, military bases, underground bunkers); flexible system of weapon customization and a great diversity of items for barter and survival equipment.
- Possibilities for tactical play and rich selection of combat situations – you will have to use stationary weapons, assault fortified buildings, operate at night, battle enemies indoors and outdoors and much more.
35. Dead In Vinland
CCCP is a small french development studio. For a dozen years, we've kept on surviving by making educational games, but now we want to focus on making games that we'd like to play ourselves, especially MANAGEMENT and RPG games, with NARRATIVE elements. We want to make CHALLENGING and MEANINGFUL SOLO, PREMIUM games, where the player has to THINK and DISCOVER by himself.
36. Planet Alcatraz 2
Body marks: knife scar on the right cheek.
Graduated specialist in hand-to-hand combat and usage of cold and Imperial weaponry. High achiever.
Hartman was appointed commander of the reconnaissance and sabotage unit Ghoul. During the insertion to the prison planet Alcatraz the group has been attacked by unknown enemy force. Four cadets where captured, but later escaped the planet thanks to exemplary relief operation. Sergeant Hartman remained MIA.
- Sergeant Hartman is the main hero of the sequel to Planet Alcatraz adventure RPG.
- Choose between two gameplay modes: in a new ultimatistic Goblin mode Hartman is a seasoned soldier with nearly maxed combat skills from the start of the game, letting you to concentrate on the story. A regular RPG mode provides a more classic RPG experience like in Planet Alcatraz.
- Random encounters and improved enemy AI.
Explore the dangers of the depths in this beautifully realized flooded world, and unearth untold riches and glory. Discover the remnants of civilization in numerous unique towns and learn their local lore, trade stories and treasure, and hire crew new members.
Continuously improve each of the game’s 9 unique pilotable submarines using a deep upgrade system, and gain access to new areas and loot. Discover numerous types of cannons and torpedoes to help you overcome the dangers of the deep, and assemble your own unique crew to brave it alongside you. Whether you wish to play as a silent hunter or a guns blazing dreadnought, arrange your crew members and weapons to fit your playstyle.Game Features:
A Beautiful Underwater World to Explore: Three massive and beautifully realized open sea zones to explore, each with their own factions, local stories and more
Innovative Combination of 2D & 3D Graphics: Experience the mysteries of the deep in beautifully rendered 3D graphics as you navigate your submarine, and seamlessly switch to meticulously hand-painted 2D graphics when exploring towns and cities
Thrilling Real-Time Submarine Combat: Utilize an arsenal of underwater weapons to engage in life-or-death firefights with other submarines and deadly terrifying creatures
Crew Recruitment: Assemble your own unique crew to fight alongside you by recruiting different Helmsmen, Gunners and Sonar Technicians. Utilize each of their special skills and personalities to change the flow of combat and exploration.
Upgradable Submarines: Continuously improve your vessel by acquiring new weapons that can dramatically change the tide of battle
9 Pilotable Submarines: Explore the world to uncover 9 unique pilotable submarines, each with their own feel, strengths and weaknesses
Resource Management: This world is not for the faint of heart, as resources are limited and survival is a constant battle. You’ll have to actively manage your food supplies and oxygen levels should you wish to keep your crew alive and overcome the perils of the sea
Upgradeable Home Base: Build- and grow your own base of operations under the sea to house all your stand-by crew members and submarines. Upgrade your base to increase your notoriety and wealth, as upgraded bases can also house valuable opportunities, such as rare item merchants and bars with notorious sailors as patrons.
Loot System: The world is filled with rare loot and hidden quests to discover…. Especially for those who dare to venture off the beaten path
Terrifying Underwater Foes: Explore the world and test your bravery against giant sea creatures and mysterious undersea anomalies!
38. Lobotomy Corporation | Monster Management Simulation
Administrator and monsters, you cannot possibly imagine.
Lobotomy Corp is a Monster Management Rogue-Lite Simulation game.
Our game was inspired by the monsters from game and movies such as SCP series, Cabin in the woods and Warehouse 13. Furthermore, it was developed from the thought of “What if those monsters were real and your job is to manage them”.
You will be playing as an administrator of the company which is in management of such creatures. These monsters generates a new energy source, and your job is to collect them through giving out to your subordinates. Through this process, you can open up new departments that facility allows and encounter various monsters. In the game, the player will have to go through the company’s fear and tension filled atmosphere.
“Our new technology will bring salvation to the human race.”
Lobotomy corporation is a newly established energy company that extracts infinite amount of entropy through the isolation of abnormality with our self developed technology. This is only an impression that the public has regarding our company. You will see its reality after you have joined us.
Our facility is formed of many departments just like any other companies. You will have access to various departments as you gather more energy. The more you have access to various departments, the more easier the management of abnormality will become.
Furthermore, an AI named Angela will be by your side to support your needs for the smooth process of work.
An existence you constantly have to examine and observe.
We have decided to call the monsters in Lobotomy as ‘Abnormality’.
You will have to try your best to keep your employees out of danger while keeping the energy extraction level at its maximum.
At first, you won’t have any information on Abnormality. You will only have your eyes and the manual to guide you. Speculate which process will be most suitable for each Abnormality. After that, just pick and place your employee who is best suited for the job and wait for results. Also, you will have to gather information through giving out orders to your employees to ‘examine’ the creature. Proceed to the end of the observation to complete the Abnormality’s encyclopedia.
Abnormality’s energy generation level depends on their conditions
This game is NOT a tycoon.
As mentioned before, Abnormality is a creature that should be handled with extreme alert. Some of them might doesn’t like the idea of humans keeping them locked up in chambers. They will try to escape when they have a chance and when they do, they will destroy everything. Be it our employees or the facility.
Furthermore, certain Abnormality can brainwash and corrupt our employees into their pawn. These ‘pawns’ can have a bad effect on other employees and might randomly attack the people around them. Also, they also bring down the other employees mentality level which might result in disobedience. You could get rid the them of course, but you should consider the fact that all the information and data regarding that employee will be deleted as well.
One disaster will cause another, and it will lead everything into chaos.
If you do not stop them instantly, the situation will get out of hand and fall int chaos. When this situation does occur, you will have to decide whether you will gather employees to recapture the Abnormality, or destroy some part of the facility with explosives to secure the company’s safety. “Do you have any wishes, administrator?”
Lobotomy corporation is divided into work procedure and the story mode. In work procedure, you will be doing your job as the company’s administrator managing the Abnormality and the energy generation level. A game’s story will follow right afterwards. You will have short conversation with many people such as Angela the AI and other employees. Furthermore, the player will be placed in a situation where they have to answer or ask questions. You can also discover secrets surrounding the company and the player.
What you will discover in the story solely depends on the choices you make throughout the game. (There is also an infinite work procedure mode for the players who wants to concentrate only on the energy production.)
Newly self-aware, I.R.I.S. the martial-arts wielding assassin motorcycle, has begun a cross-continent escape to freedom. I.R.I.S.’s only ally is her engineer Pablo, who gets conscripted into the quest after his pant leg gets caught in her chassis. Hunted by the psychopathic motorcycle S.P.I.K.E. and a multinational weapons cartel, I.R.I.S. and Pablo face long odds, but they are riding for ‘Murica and freedom - so how can they lose?
Experience sci-fi tactical combat and exploration in a procedural world that combines traditional roguelikes with an immersive modern interface like no other. Build yourself from components found or salvaged from other robots. Attach power sources, propulsion units, utilities, and weapons to become a slow tank bristling with weapons, or a fast-moving flier zipping past enemies before they even have time to react, or a stealthy sword-wielding assassin/hacker, or whatever else you can come up with from the salvage you find. The situation can quickly change as you lose components and rebuild yourself from enemy remains. You are the Cogmind. Discover what that means as you explore a living, breathing world ruled by robots.KEY FEATURES
- Build and modify a unique robot from parts found, or enemies defeated
- Dynamic character development without XP/grinding
- Procedurally generated world combined with hand-crafted content
- Seven different animated endings to uncover
- ASCII evolved: Most advanced terminal interface ever
- Thousands of particle effects and SFX
- Fully destructible environment
Although currently in Early Access, Cogmind is mostly complete. There are over two-dozen map types, nearly a thousand items, thousands of sound and particle effects, multiple plot lines, hundreds of hand-made locations and encounters, thousands of lines of dialogue, and seven different animated endings to discover. That said, there are many plans to continue expanding the world with features and content, so for now we'll just call it EA :D
(Cogmind has been in full-time development for over four years.)
Cogmind is a turn-based roguelike, very traditional in many ways (permadeath procedural dungeon crawler built with ASCII in mind...), but at the same time innovates on the genre in terms of both design and accessibility features.
- Within you have full mouse control--and full keyboard control! Use only one or the other, or both, and all common roguelike movement methods (mouse, numpad, vi, arrows) are enabled out of the box, no configuration required. Mouse users get drag-and-drop inventory management, and the keyboard is even faster with its multiple command schemes and built-in automation features.
- Stealth play is just as viable as straightforward combat, using hacking and information warfare to outsmart the Complex. The lack of an XP system means you only have to use whatever means you can to reach new areas and find new gear to advance.
- The world is alive with many types of robots, most of which are actually not hostile to you and have their own duties to carry out.
- Map objects are labeled as they come into view, making for less tedious play and allowing you to instead focus on tactics and survival. A large number of other options and useful features are available to customize the UI.
- While the most skilled players can reliably win the default mode, easier difficulty settings are available for those with less experience, or less time on their hands :) (advanced players can also attempt to take on the extended end-game!)
- Accumulate knowledge across multiple plays, collecting info about previously used items in the ASCII art gallery (over 800 pieces of art!), and collecting lore about the world as you discover its inhabitants and guess at their potential motives, and true capabilities. While there's a rich story to uncover over many runs, know that it doesn't get in the way if you prefer to just strategize and min-max through your roguelikes.
- Take on built-in Challenge Modes for a different kind of experience, or to prove just how good you really are.
Not every game is for everyone, so there are a few things to point out that may affect your interest in Cogmind.
- Rampant Item Destruction: Every item in Cogmind can be destroyed, and many of your items will be destroyed. At first this may be discouraging, but once you figure out the basics you'll generally be replacing old and broken parts with much better loot even before you lose it anyway. Building and, more importantly, rebuilding, is a vital part of the experience and what keeps the game dynamic and interesting throughout. Adaptability is key, and amazing comebacks are commonplace.
- No Classes, Skills, Etc.: Unlike many other roguelikes and CRPGs in which you may form a sort of attachment to your character class and the levels, stats, skills, and equipment they've acquired over time, Cogmind is defined almost purely by items. And as mentioned those items will be destroyed, so there's not much chance to form that kind of attachment. However, this also leaves room for great flexibility during a single playthrough, flexibility you might want or need to rely on to maximize your chances for survival depending on what locations you visit.
- A Different Kind of Game: As a whole Cogmind is quite different from pretty much everything out there, a fact that turns some people off, but others rather enjoy it for that same reason. It can also take a little while to get into, but once past learning the basics and how to reliably overcome early-game areas, the world and its opportunities really open up.
- Not Suitable for Small Screens: Due to the game design, the screen is always divided into a minimum of 80x60 spaces that make up the "terminal grid." This means when played on a physically small screen, such as that of a laptop, each space will be relatively small and some players could have trouble comfortably seeing the details. Zooming is not supported by the engine. You can test what Cogmind will look like on your screen of choice here: http://www.gridsagegames.com/cogmind/ui_preview.html (Note that ASCII mode is easier to see at smaller sizes, but it's understandable that three-quarters of players prefer the default tiles mode anyway :P)
41. There Came an Echo
***Note: There Came an Echo, though designed primarily for voice commands, is fully playable without them.***
Ender Wiggin. Admiral Ackbar. That dude who commands the G.I. Joes. These totally rad commanders knew that battles are won not by a single footsoldier, but by issuing precise commands that put their units in position to achieve victory.
In There Came an Echo, follow in those commanders' footsteps by giving orders to Corrin Webb (Wil Wheaton) and his squadmates in a unique real-time strategy experience. Using an advanced voice recognition system, direct your units through a variety of mission types against foes armed with futuristic energy weaponry and personal force fields. Make your move with standard commands ("All units, advance to Bravo 3!") or utilize custom variants to express your unique personality ("Everyone, do the worm over to Buttface 3!"). Keep it classy, folks.
Follow a complex, character-driven sci-fi plot: Corrin, an ordinary cryptographer, is thrown into a deadly game of secret agendas when a group of mercenaries tracks him down in Santa Monica, California. Guided by the mysterious Val (Ashly Burch), Corrin must escape from a foe with seemingly limitless resources and discover what secrets his own unbreakable algorithm, Radial Lock, is safeguarding...information that, if released, will rattle the very foundations of reality itself. Also starring Laura Bailey, Yuri Lowenthal, Cassandra Morris, Rachel Robinson, and Cindy Robinson.
- Experience an epic single-player campaign that focuses on plot and character development over the course of the game
- Utilize a robust voice command system, or use standard keyboard/mouse/controller methods
- Customize every command, unit, and location in the game to literally any word or phrase
- 20+ track original score by phenoms Ronald Jenkees and Big Giant Circles
- Numerous language models supported, including various English-language accents and foreign languages!
(Note: if your Intel® RealSense™ needs updated firmware to function properly, please see instructions in this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/319740/discussions/0/530646715632003344/)
42. Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga
In Baldur's Gate (Role Playing Game of the Year, 1998), with expansion pack Tales of the Sword Coast, deeds are rewarded with vast treasures of legend, glory beyond compare and a world rescued from the brink of disaster!
Unleash your imagination in a fantasy world where heroes use magic, steel and their wits to battle fearsome monsters and unscrupulous villians. Guide your party of adventurers from the bustling medieval city of Baldur's Gate through hundreds of quests and challenges that will take you on a journey that you will soon not forget!
Categories in common with Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga: Role Playing
43. MegaRace 2
MegaRace 2 is the sequel to 1994's combat racing smash hit and is once again developed by Cryo Interactive. The sequel included several upgrades such as fully rendered 3D cars, new weapons, and track shortcuts.
MegaRace 2 also features the return of eccentric MegaRace host, Lance Boyle (played by actor, Christian Erickson, of "Hitman" fame). In MegaRace 2, Lance is joined by a stunning female co-host whose name keeps changing. MegaRace 2, was the first entry in the series, to allow players to fire weapons in reverse at cars behind them. The game was also the first to introduce in-game cash prizes for winning races.
This in-game currency could be used to purchase new cars and weapon upgrades. Each race contained multiple paths for the player to cross the finish line. MegaRace 2 was released for PC in 1996.
44. MXGP - The Official Motocross Videogame
Finally: official Motocross is back! Put yourself to the test, racing in the two MXGP championships with all the riders and bikes from the MX1 and MX2 categories! Take up the challenge from the promising young MX2 riders and the MX1 champions, and join them on the tracks!
Race on the official championship tracks, faithfully reproduced for the first time in a Motocross game. Get yourself noticed in your Debut Season to attract offers from the official teams and launch your career in MX2. Race your way through the events and, with the right results, you'll be able to aspire to an offer in MX1 to take on the heroes of Motocross.
Take full control of your bike with dual stick control: the advanced game physics allows for separate control of the bike and the rider. Jump, scrub and whip! It's all in your hands!
Rencounter is a difficult, turn-based, RPG, roguelike game with a mysterious atmosphere.
The world of Rencounter is immersed in gloom. The game begins in a maze full of bloodthirsty enemies, valuable resources, and secrets. Help your squad survive while navigating through a network of tunnels and rooms. Distribute provisions and medicine to keep them alive.
In a world where every choice counts, you will be taken away on a path that will shape your destiny. Find your way to the end of the quest and discover the secrets at the end of your journey!
- Explore dungeons
- Fight enemies
- Scavenge equipment
- Loot valuable items
- Build Your character
- Manage inventory
46. UnReal World
Into the Far North we shall take you -- as far as we can by the means of computer role playing...
UnReal World is a unique combination of roguelike roleplaying game and survival simulation set in the Far North long, long ago. Throughout the years, UnReal World has been praised for its depth, realism, atmosphere and immersion. The game is completely open-ended and you decide whether you wish to lead a life of a fisherman, a hermit searching for the peace, a brave adventurer, a rough hunter, a trapper or a tradesman.
As a member of one of the nine different cultures you'll enter a detailed and enchanting iron-age game world in which northern folklore, knowledge and way of life play an important part. The world and mechanics of the game are highly realistic, rich with historical atmosphere and emphasized on survival in the harsh ancient wilderness.
A wide world with vast forests, mires and mountains to roam and watercourses to row is randomly and procedurally generated - and you can live off the land and explore it on very detailed level. Track animals, set traps, hunt with bows and spears, tan hides, go fishing, pick berries, cook food, sleep in a temporary shelter or build a log cottage, trade with the villagers, craft items, interact with cultures near and far -- and so much more.
A few of the key features:
- turn-based and open-ended - think before you act and live off the land as you please
- random world generation for endless replayability
- intricate procedural world full of wonders both mundane and extraordinary to explore on very detailed level
- no character classes but nine different cultures to choose from
- skill based system including multitude of skills from cookery to hideworking, from herblore to tracking
- detailed terrain generation with diverse and accurate northern vegetable kingdom
- convincing northern animal kingdom with species specific behaviour patterns and feeding relationships modelled in detail
- keep in touch with the spirit world and the supernatural guardians of nature
- find excitement in surviving everyday life and the quest for success in the harsh ancient wilderness
- detailed combat (and hunting) with many tactical options and galore of weapon, battle experience and combatant related factors resulting in vivid and rewarding struggles
- no "hit points" but detailed generation of injuries such as bruises, fractures, tears and cuts to specific body locations
- injuries rated to determine their effect to physical activity
- craft items from weapons to traps, build constructions for temporary shelter to log cabins
- moddable crafting, building and flora
- and so much more. Everything is up to you...
The initial UnReal World Steam release doesn't feature Steam goodies such as achievements, trading cards or cloud saves but there's no end in sight and all of those will be considered in the future.
UnReal World is the longest living roguelike game of all times. It was first released in 1992 and has been continuously maintained and developed ever since.
Over the years we’ve seen dozens and dozens of new UnReal World versions each of them being complete games of their own, and still there is no end in sight to working with updates and new versions. UnReal World Steam version out now is the third evolution of the game (3.*) and a great deal of updates, enhancements and new features to it will follow.
You can get to know it more and test for free at http://www.unrealworld.fi
47. Construction Simulator 2015
Construction Simulator 2015, you take the controls of 16 realistic construction machines made by LIEBHERR, STILL and MAN with high-quality 3D graphics.
Excavate the foundation of a house with realistic machines, pour concrete into the wall panels of a factory with an enormous concrete pump, or test the steadiness of your hands by placing gigantic roof trusses with a mobile crane. Thanks to the realistic controls, you can steer an excavator with two joysticks using SAE controls and feel as if you are working on a real construction site.
Discover the world on your own or with your friends!
Explore an expansive, freely navigable world with various towns, fields, and even a highway – you will find a variety of new challenges for your constantly growing motor pool. If you are successful, then even larger and more lucrative jobs and various office locations with even more possibilities will beckon.
Work is more fun with friends, and construction is no exception. Operate vehicles with friends in multiplayer mode, and complete construction missions together or just play around in the wide-open game world.
Up to four workers can participate in multiplayer games. The player who opens the game serves as the host and takes the lead role in running a construction company shared by the other players in a cooperative game.
Many tasks are waiting for you!
In a single game, you can work together to accomplish construction tasks. Dig pits together using multiple excavators, while another player transports the excavated material to a gravel plant. In an advanced game, you can work on up to three construction sites at one time and really start raking in money with your construction company.
Are 200 working stages in over 150 different missions not enough for you? The Construction Simulator 2015 offers plenty of opportunities to integrate your own vehicles and construction sites into the game. You can use the developer’s own Construction Kit to shape your own worlds and create your own game content.
You can of course also share your mods with the wider community of fans through Steamworks or on fan sites. This way, a huge community of players can access an endless and varied supply of user-created content.
The barrier to entry into the world of modding is not particularly high – all you really need is a 3D graphics program like 3ds max or Maya as well as the free version of Unity3D.Features:
- Over 200 missions ensure hours of enjoyment
- 16 realistic construction machines made by LIEBHERR, MAN and STILL
- Realistic vehicle controls – e.g. SAE controls for excavators supported
- Realistic sound effects recorded from the original machines
- Multiplayer mode
- For beginners and pros: freely switch between arcade and pro controls
- Expansive, freely navigable world with diverse areas and districts
- Numerous dealers and suppliers that you can visit
- Detailed tutorial ensures a smooth start in the game
- Non-linear dynamic mission system provides endless gaming enjoyment
- For DIY fans: the modding of construction sites and vehicles is fully supported
- Experience system with numerous levels that allow you to unlock special missions
- Diverse gamepads, steering wheels, and joysticks are supported (Unfortunately, “Thrustmaster” joysticks and steering wheels are not supported by now)
48. Kult: Heretic Kingdoms
In the world of the Heretic Kingdoms, a world where God is dead and religion heresy, you are cast as a young female inquisitor, working to stamp out the last remnants of religion. On instructions to destroy a relic which the Inquisition considers to be a significant threat, you are drawn into a war between two warring secret societies – a conspiracy of mages whose goal is true power, and a shadowy cult who seeks to resurrect the Dead God.
As the story progresses, you will be placed in an amoral world and left to decide your own morality. Just like the real world, your actions have consequences, and it is up to you to decide if you can live with them or not. Play as an altruistic heroine, a vicious and selfish egotist, or just a woman trying to get her job done – your actions will lead you to one of six different endings depending on where you decide your loyalties lie. Will you crush religion underfoot, or become its savior? Only you can decide!
An engaging story line written by a script team lead by critically acclaimed game writer and designer Chris Bateman (Discworld Noir, Ghost Master)!
Features a simple but rewarding combat system that keeps the action flowing thick and fast.
A vast world to explore containing around fifty locations, scores of unique monsters, and tons of loot!
49. Dungeon Warfare
Dungeon Warfare is a challenging tower defense game where you become a dungeon lord to defend your dungeon against greedy adventurers.
As you successfully purify your dungeons throughout the world from the pesky invaders, you will gain access to more powerful traps and devious utilities.
Gain experience from killing the invaders to permanently upgrade your traps.Game Features
- 26 unique traps with 3 upgradeable tiers each
- Passive upgrades for the traps
- 40+ handcrafted levels
- 22 types of enemies
- Mix your own difficulty by combining 12 difficulty mode runes for more challenge
- Endless mode (unlocked after obtaining the Infinity rune)
- Launch a huge rolling boulder to crush everything on its path.
- Reroute enemy path towards a busy minecart track to smash the invaders away.
- Place traps that mercilessly throw mighty warriors into the pitch black abyss
- Gather a force of your own by using summoning portals to instigate a chaotic brawl.
- 30+ achievements
- Juicy pixel art
- Juicy sound effects
- Juicy adventurers!
50. VERSUS SQUAD
Versus is a fast action twin-stick shooter from the creator of Nation Red. Create your own sandbox defense before doing battle with thousands of enemies in fast-paced top down combat. Face up to a dozen bosses. Simultaneously. Play in single player, on-line or local coop with up to 4 players.
Set up your player class, attributes and weaponry, then choose your map setting and build barricades, tactically place explosives, sentry guns, ammo and medical kit stockpiles, weapon stations and more.
Build defenses or keep the map free-roam with only weapon stations and sentry guns.
Then hit the Play button to battle it out in Free Play or Tactical Mode, alone or with friends and survive against 360-degree enemy attack or defend one or more breach points.
Save your diorama map to disk or Steam Cloud to play later or rearrange your defenses after a defeat to try a different tactical approach.
During your play earn dozens of perks ranging from increased weapon accuracy to setting up drone strikes.
Versus supports leaderboards, per-game and lifetime player and weapon stats, achievements, custom map making and more.
Try it, build your sandbox defense and see how long you survive on your own map!