The best games like Dungeon Siege 3 are:
- arrow_rightThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- arrow_rightLords of the Fallen
- arrow_rightThe Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
- arrow_rightOverlord II
- arrow_rightFINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
- arrow_rightDivinity II: Developer's Cut
- arrow_rightLichdom: Battlemage
- arrow_rightFRONT MISSION EVOLVED
20 Best Games Like Dungeon Siege 3:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The fifth game in the series, Skyrim takes us on a journey through the coldest region of Cyrodiil. Once again player can traverse the open world RPG armed with various medieval weapons and magic, to become a hero of Nordic legends –Dovahkiin, the Dragonborn. After mandatory character creation players will have to escape not only imprisonment but a fire-breathing dragon. Something Skyrim hasn’t seen in centuries.
After Oblivion, the magic system was reworked, in order to show players more aggressive and direct combat. As a Dragonborn, your character will be able to use the powerful magic of dragon shouts, powered, upgraded and researched with the souls of the dragons that will be randomly encountered by players, while traveling. Hundreds of sidequests will invite players to discover every part of the newly introduced land. Aside from already filled with guilds, Daedra and steampunk Dwemer ruins, Skyrim has additional DLC content that not only brings Solstheim island and vampire conclave but gives players the ability to build their own homes, instead of buying pre-made ones.
2. Lords of the Fallen
Lords of the Fallen is an action RPG, which is set in the fictional world abandoned by Gods and occupied by supernatural hostile power. Players assume the role of Harkyn, a human hero seeking to defeat threatening villains. According to the storyline, the main character is released from prison, where he was held for his sins, in order to protect the world. While wandering around the in-game world, the protagonist, controlled by players, eliminate bosses and earn experience points. As far as Harkyn has a branch of abilities, both combat and magical parameters can be upgraded with experience. In addition to the main story, players are able to complete various side quests, which expand the whole picture of the game, to gain extra experience or to unlock new equipment. Character’s customization ability allows creating a heavy knight as well as a lightweight attacker. The gameplay also features the progress-saving system: if dead, players can return to the ghost (remaining on the place of death) and get their progress back.
3. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is an action RPG with elements of the hack and slash genre and the first part of the trilogy of the same name. It tells the story of Van Hellsing’s son who continues his father’s work and kills monsters on the streets of the fictional Borgova city. There he fights against a cult that spoils the life of civilians.
You can develop the hunter's skills and upgrade his weapon and magic possession. Van Helsing Junior also has an ally, a ghost named Catherine who helps him in battles. Depending on your choice how to upgrade her, she can be a tank or a healer. The variety of weapons is not very huge; however, there are several ways to customize your character cosmetically.
While the developers took inspiration from Bram Stoker’s Dracula, the game only slightly reminds of this novel. However, they successfully caught the atmosphere of a little 19th-century town and filled it with deep NPCs and interesting technological details.
4. Overlord II
This sequel to the comic dark fantasy Overlord allows the player to have fun being evil. You play as the dark Overlord who leads his armies of minions against the human Glorious Empire (which obviously mimics the real-world Roman Empire). The Glorious Empire is not "good" anyway: its leaders are trying to eliminate all magic users, so the "evil" motivation is quite justified. However, to accomplish his conquest and become a truly powerful and feared dark lord, you will have to commit some really vile deeds. One of your first missions, for example, involves slaughtering baby seals.
The game follows the Overlord from his childhood, as he grows from a nasty kid to a mighty dark knight that looks a lot like Sauron as shown in The Fellowship of the Ring movie. The Overlord begins his conquest with a pack of goblins and a single troll, but over time his minions will develop into more powerful and deadly creatures and attack the enemy in large hordes. The game does not turn into a strategy, however, as you still only directly control the dark lord himself, and the minions are commanded through his orders. Overlord II is famous for its humor: the game does not take itself too seriously. There are all sorts of puns and parodies on the stereotypical villains and other fantasy tropes, such as elves and fairies. Goblin minions squeak, cringe and fall, while playful Danny-Elfman-esque music is echoing in the background.
5. FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn is a massively multiplayer RPG developed by Square Enix. It is the direct continuation of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn is a heavily updated version of the original FINAL FANTASY XIV with a different graphics engine, netcode, and storyline. The game was made because the game sold poorly and wasn't met with critical acclaim.
The game takes place in Eorzea five years after the events of the original game. FINAL FANTASY XIV ended on an apocalyptic note - a dragon god destroyed most of the Eorzea. Thanks to the blessing of the Gods, the player-created characters were able to escape certain death and were sent five years to the future. In a rebuilt world they face the danger of invasion by the Empire of the north.
In FFXIV, the players interact with each other in a world that continues to live on even without any players on the server. At the beginning of the game, the players are met by a character creation screen where they choose the name, race, gender, build, appearance and the base class. It is also necessary to choose a game world for your character.
Players level up their characters by gaining EXP. EXP is gained by raiding dungeons, taking part in server-wide events, killing monsters, and completing quests.
The game's combat system revolves around using a combination of character-specific weapon skills, the use of magic, and the physical attacks themselves.
6. Divinity II: Developer's Cut
Dragons: they have been hunted, they have been slain, but now the hour to strike back has come. Break free from the confines of the human body and take to the skies in this epic RPG adventure that challenges your wits and pits you against a thousand foes. Spread your wings, burn your enemies: become the dragon!
This Developer's Cut includes the ultimate edition of Divinity II, good for 100+ hours of highly acclaimed RPG gameplay, as well as the brand new Developer Mode and many more amazing extras!Key Features:Developer Mode: Play the original version, or experience the game like the designers did and fool around with console commands to your heart's content! Ever wanted to test some new skills on a hoard of a hundred goblins? Go for it! Ever wondered what it would be like to explore the game-world in the guise of a troll? Well there you go! Discover a whole range of spectacular developer commands and feel like a wizard at play!
Hatching the Dragon: Watch this unique, behind-the-scenes documentary that gives you insights into the creative process of Divinity II: its ups and downs, its triumphs and defeats.
Treasure Vault: Rummage through a wealth of design documents, concept art and videos that give you an uncensored look at Divinity II not as a finished game, but as a work in progress. Experience firsthand just how a game is made!
Fight as both human and dragon: For the first time, an RPG unleashes the power of the Dragon on you! Climb high and vaporize all that stands in your way as you strategically use both your human & dragon forms to defeat the enemy and become the ultimate Dragon Knight!
Dynamically unfolding storyline depending on your choices and skills: Divinity II gives you a wide range of moral choices when deciding on how to act on quest objectives.
Use your powerful Battle Tower as base of operations: Looming like a colossal stone claw over Sentinel Island stands the Battle Tower, a vast citadel built many centuries ago by a long forgotten Dragon Mage. Become bound to the Battle Tower through a mystical relic known as the Dragon Stone.
Build your very own ultimate fighting creature: Conjure the spirits to bring to life a creature made from body parts you have collected during your battles. This creature's power is literally the sum of his body parts; once you are able to assemble this abomination, summon it to support you in combat!
7. Lichdom: Battlemage
In the game, you can follow two storylines, depending on whether you choose a male or female character.
Both versions of the character have their own reasons to hate the leader of evil forces, Shax. If a female character is selected, his sister is abducted by Shax as a result of a dispute over the jewelry that the player was selling. In the case of a man's game, the player refuses to sell the sword to Shax, resulting in Shax killing the character's wife.
Everything else in the game is the same for both female and male characters.
The character awakens to a new life by the great magician Roth. The great magician reveals to the character that the character was chosen to become the new Dragon - there have already been more than a dozen other Dragons before. The Dragon is given combat magic, the Dragon's task is to protect this world and rid it of lies, corruption and evil spirits.
The main character, male or female, accepts from the great magician Roth the name Dragon and the mission of improving the world. To achieve this, he follows a linear route, between checkpoints and fast travel locations known as Reliquaries. The hero is armed with magic - and it does not require replenishment of any resource, it always is, always works.
The enemies of the Dragon are diverse and contain a randomized loot, dropping out of them when defeated. The value of loot based on the rarity level of the character has been achieved through reaching checkpoints.
The magic of the hero, the power of his spells can be greatly increased if the hero performs specific tasks.
The main character helps another character, male or female. This character acts as a scout whose name is Gryphon.
After the end of the game, the player can continue to play the same character in order to strengthen the power of his spells - for this you should start a New Game Plus.
The Hero can have 3 Sigils applied at any given time. Sigils - Fire, Ice, Lightning, Corruption, and more - act as elemental schools of magic for the player to cast.
Sigils are unlocked as the player moves in the game.
You can switch between the Sigils you use at a Reliquary.
The level of each Sigil can be increased by achieving certain goals. The characteristics of magical spells can be improved and customized, by conscious manipulation and using the loot dropping out of enemies.
Spells act not only as weapons of attack, but also as shields.
8. FRONT MISSION EVOLVED
In the year 2171, the world is a changed place. The countries have merged into rival super nations called U.C.S. and O.C.U. The human race started a massive push into space by building orbital elevators to set up surveillance satellites to watch over their adversaries. However, tension rises when a U.C.S. orbital elevator is destroyed by unknown forces. Dylan Ramsey, a young engineer, finds himself quickly caught in a swirl of destruction, conspiracies and crumbling alliances in a new war brewing between the O.C.U. and the U.C.S.
- Third-Person Shooter Action - Fast-paced action awaits as players battle enemies in the concrete mazes of cities, the frozen wastes of the Antarctic and a host of unique locations.
- Customization Options - Players can strategize their combat by choosing from dozens of weapons, shoulder attachments, and wanzer parts to build a war machine that suits their play style.
- Online Multiplayer - FME is the first in its series to boast online multiplayer with a team-based mode with up to 4-on-4 wanzer-sized death matches.
- Over-the-Top Visuals - Features breathtaking CG movies by Visual Works, the cutting-edge studio whose previous work includes cut scenes for the acclaimed FINAL FANTASY® series.
- Battle Skills - Gain a tactical advantage over an opponent by equipping your weapons with a wide variety of different skills such as a corrosive or piercing shot.
- E.D.G.E. System - Activate the E.D.G.E. system on your wanzer to enter a state of high-performance overdrive by boosting its power and slowing down enemies.
9. DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT
Choose from over 20 legendary FINAL FANTASY characters and battle in a unique 3vs3 arena. Call forth familiar summons like Ifrit, Shiva and Odin to dominate the opposing side or to turn the tide of the battle in each match in DISSIDIA® FINAL FANTASY® NT!
Network Players 2-6 - Full game requires PlayStation®Plus membership to access online multiplayer
Online Play (Optional)
CHARACTER DESIGN: TETSUYA NOMURA
ILLUSTRATION: ©2017 YOSHITAKA AMANO
Be clever, be quick – and show no mercy.
Beyond the veil of this world, there is a chain of strongholds that were once built to keep the horrors of the void at bay. And now the monsters are returning from the depths to conquer and kill: only you can stop the monsters before they break through to the everyday world. Choose your hero and defend the silent forts: use, rebuild and improve those ancient traps and magical machines.
Deathtrap is a Tower Defense game with strong action-RPG elements, a game of vicious tricks, killing machines, rotating blades and splattering blood.
- A truly unique mixture of Tower Defense games and action-RPGs.
- You and your traps against the whole otherworld: Defeat the hordes in an incredible single player campaign! You are on your own, so it's a good thing that you have deadly devices and powerful spells.
- Team up with other heroes and save the world together...: Cooperative campaign with specially designed maps.
- …or you can just show your friends your true personality: Players can set against each other in this game mode, where the defender prepares traps and defensive tactics, while the attacker has the ability to possess and control directly any creature in his or her army and employs skills to weaken the opponent or boost the invaders.
- Become the Master of the Deathtrap Strongholds: The integrated Map Editor and Monster Editor allows the creation of the user generated content; moreover, you can also share your deadly, cunning levels and challenging mini-campaigns with others.
- Knee-deep in blood: in the goriest Tower Defense game ever you can finally teach those monsters a savage lesson. Deathtrap gives you destructive spells and deadly mechanisms to smash, freeze, burn the creatures of nightmare, only to mention a few ways that can turn them into tiny, bloody pieces.
- Rewards of curiosity: Find the hidden corners on the maps and hunt down the neutral creatures hiding away from the battle for exclusive loot; you can also solve rewarding side quests as well.
- Become one of the specialists: Choose from 3 diverse classes (Mercenary, Sorceress, and Marksman); each class offers different tactics, skills and powers to dispose your enemies.
- With experience comes wisdom – and brand new ways to deal with those annoying invaders: The extended and detailed character development offers you 100 levels to achieve and more than 50 Skills per class.
- Weapons of destruction have never been so much fun: fend off the invaders with 25 deadly traps and more than 150 trap upgrades, not to mention the very special upgrades, which are tied to challenging and fun achievements.
- Enter a truly grim fantasy netherworld: the Ink, the mysterious otherworld in the Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing games has hidden regions and ancient secrets; now can face what is waiting in those depths.
- Gear up and stand your ground: The detailed equipment mechanics and the comprehensive loot system make your inventory highly customizable.
- A wide variety of horrors to defeat: Invaders come in 3 races and more than 40 different types; the countless combination of monster abilities will make the invading swarms even more colorful.
- Make your legendary weapons even more effective: Artifact crafting gives you new ways to experiment with lethal magical items.
- King of the Maze: The leaderboards and the rank system lets you compete with other players.
11. Ragnarok Odyssey ACE
Enter a majestic wildland, sundered in a war of the gods. Here stands an army of giants, ready to crush the human realm and plunder its ruins. Against them stands a mighty wall, guarded by the hardest warriors, deadliest assassins, and greatest mages humanity has ever seen. As a new recruit, your mission is clear as it is mad: Venture into the Sundered Lands, rise through the ranks of your mercenary company, and become a giant slayer.
An expanded and enriched version of the hit RPG Ragnarok Odyssey, ACE features new quest lines, a new 400-floor dungeon, even more character customization options, all-new skills and powers, and more new features to come.
Solo players can hire new NPC mercenaries to form a party and explore the Sundered Land with the strength of numbers. Up to 4 players can cross-play between the PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system versions.
Epic battles, fearsome foes, and towering challenges await you in Ragnarok Odyssey ACE!
Some functions and features may not be available on PlayStation TV.
Ad Hoc Mode 2-4 Players
Network Players 2-4
Dual Analog Sticks
Cross-platform play (PS3™)
Software subject to license (us.playstation.com/softwarelicense). Online activity subject to Terms of Services and User Agreement (www.sonyenteretainmentnetwork.com/terms-of-service). One time license fee entitles play on up to 3 PlayStation® Vita systems activated by this account.
13. Dungeon Siege 3: Treasures of the Sun
Dungeon Siege 3: Treasures of the Sun is an action-RPG game developed by Obsidian Entertainment. It was originally released in 2011. Square Enix published the game. The game is rated as "Meh" on RAWG.
You can play Dungeon Siege 3: Treasures of the Sun on PC and PlayStation 3.
14. The SoulKeeper VR
The SoulKeeper® VR is an episodic dark fantasy Virtual Reality Role Playing Game. Experience the immersive world of Gerindak, filled with lore and adventure, as you play through the intertwining stories of various characters. Start off as Isoropos, a warrior monk, member of the ancient monastic order of the Lavordians as you embark on a dangerous quest to investigate rumors surrounding the Mardonians, the hated rivals of the Lavordians. Engage in combat wielding your sword, casting ferocious spells, utilizing your staff, or shooting arrows, all while treading on a treacherous path brimming with daunting enemies, towering beasts and deadly traps.
Requires VR Headset, HTC VIVE or Oculus Rift.
- Dark Fantasy themed action RPG for VR
- Different combat styles including melee combat, spell casting and ranged
- Multiple optional methods of locomotion, making VR more comfortable
- High quality visuals
- Story rich fictional world
- Highly interactive environments that also give you more insight to the lore
- Multiple game modes
Additional features in progress, following after August 15th, 2017
- Multiple optionally playable characters with intertwining stories and different gameplay mechanics
- Controllable mounts, including DRAGONS!!!
Requires VR Headset (HTC VIVE or Oculus Rift)
The Shield Maiden, as with all mortal Norsemen, was to have her fate determined by the three fate-weaving Norns and their sacred loom before she even entered the world. However, her destiny was shattered when the mischievous god Loki interfered, dripping spots of the wretched substance Eitr into the unwoven loom, forever altering the Shield Maiden’s path and engulfing the great tree Yggdrasil in darkness. Now the Shield Maiden must venture into the nine Norse worlds connected by Yggdrasil and unravel the mystery of her fate.FEATURES
Striking Presentation: A unique isometric perspective provides stunning visual dimension to the chronicle of the Shield Maiden with detailed characters and environments, lush animations, and brilliant visual effects.
Exceptional Combat: The Shield Maiden uses a variety of weapons with strategic movement, accurate arrow strikes, and enchanted special attacks to decimate the nightmarish creatures and profane warriors lurking throughout the corrupted nine realms.
Remarkable Experience System: Eitr replaces the traditional experience point structure of an action RPG with the unique Favor System, requiring a choice between permanent level upgrades and more powerful but fleeting perks that can be upon death.
Valuable but Vulnerable Loot: Collect randomly generated loot from fallen enemies and hidden caches but beware – fortune does not favor the fallen as even the heroine’s most precious items may suffer damage after she perishes in combat.