Trying to find games like Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist? Try these 100 great games that are similar to Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist, but stand out in their own awesome ways. This is a comprehensive list of best games like Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist that have been tried, tested and recommended.
The best games like Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist are:
- arrow_rightMax Payne 3
- arrow_rightThe Evil Within
- arrow_rightFar Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
- arrow_rightGone Home
- arrow_rightThis is the Police
- arrow_rightResident Evil Revelations
100 Best Games Like Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (21)
- PlayStation 4 (39)
- iOS (38)
- Android (23)
- macOS (100)
- Linux (82)
- Nintendo Switch (17)
- Nintendo 3DS (5)
- Nintendo DS (6)
- Xbox 360 (19)
- Xbox (4)
- PlayStation 3 (29)
- PlayStation 2 (8)
- PlayStation (10)
- PS Vita (12)
- PSP (8)
- Wii U (4)
- Wii (6)
- GameCube (2)
- Nintendo 64 (4)
- Game Boy Advance (1)
- Game Boy (1)
- SNES (1)
- Classic Macintosh (3)
- Commodore / Amiga (2)
- Atari ST (1)
- Genesis (1)
- SEGA Saturn (1)
- SEGA CD (1)
- SEGA 32X (1)
- SEGA Master System (1)
- Game Gear (1)
- Web (1)
FPS with RPG elements, Bioshock invites players to experience horrors of underwater isolation in the city of Rapture, the failed project of the better future. After surviving the plane crash, the protagonist has only one way to go – to the giant lighthouse that opens a way to the underwater utopia. Players will have to unravel the complicated history of Rapture, relying only on themselves, their guns and Plasmids, a mystical substance, that allows it’s user to obtain near magical abilities.
The atmosphere of isolation and threat is conveyed through the environmental sounds, subtle electrical buzzing and audio logs, telling the story of societal decay and despair. Players will shape the story, making moral choices along their way, saving Little Sisters or extracting ADAM, the mystical fuel for your abilities. While exploring the underwater city, players will complete missions for the last sane inhabitants of Rapture, while fending off the less fortunate ones.
Half-Life is the original game in the series. Being a revolutionary at the time, we follow the story of Gordon Freeman - a silent scientist at the facility called Black Mesa. Arriving late at work and hastily doing his routine he runs into the experiment field. However, the experiment goes completely wrong and opens a portal to a completely different dimension called Xen. The laboratory is destroyed as well as the facility itself, as unknown creatures like Vortigaunts are now everywhere in the facility. Gordon must battle his way to the surface and find a way to close the portal.
One of the main features of Half-Life was story-telling through scripted sequences within the actual gameplay. Without having cutscenes, the game was able to tell the full story of the game by showing scripted deaths, dialogues, character appearance while the gameplay was moving one. By not ripping off the player from the process, the game feels much more smooth as it continues. Despite his science nature, Gordon is masterfully using his weapons and destroys any enemy at his path with rifles, grenades, shotguns and much more.
3. Max Payne 3
In Max Payne III we see Max from a new perspective. Taking place nine years after the second game, Payne left the police department in New York and now serves as a private security contractor in São Paulo, Brazil. Guarding the Branco family - Ricardo, Victor and Marcelo, everything turns into a disaster when a local street gang kidnaps Ricardo's wife. In attempt saving Ricardo's wife, another outlaw involves. In the end, Max has to infiltrate the gang to save Fabiana and perform some justice.
Even if Max is old, he still can put on a hell of a fight. A cover system provides some good tactical advantages and bullet time is now something iconic for the series. Manipulating with time, Max can perform some amazing tricks to kill his opponent. Also, you can shoot from any angle basically, while lying on the ground. If that isn't enough for you, you can obliterate your enemies with melee attacks or blow them up by using explosives.
As another feature of the game, no loading screens are involved. Cut-scenes are also interactive, and with that, the process of the game is absolutely smooth which makes the best experience from an intense shooter.
4. The Evil Within
The Evil Within is a third-person survival horror action game developed by Tango Gameworks.
Detective Sebastian Castellanos and two of his and two of his partners come on call to the Beacon mental hospital. The hospital is filled with dead bodies upon the police arrival. Castellanos has to find out what is going on in the Beacon.
Being a survival horror, looking for supplies is crucial in The Evil Within. The game teaches the player when should they run away from the enemy or pick up the fight. Terrible monsters are not the only dangers in the game as there are a lot of traps scattered around the level that can be either used by Sebastian or trap him causing a lot of damage. The game world transforms during the game as a result of player actions.
Players can use a safe house named 'Safe Haven' that is accessed either further into the plot development or by finding mirrors during the game. This safe house features a save room, an upgrade room, and several storage safes.
Although the ammunition is hard to find in the game, players have access to a wide variety of firearms which include but are not limited to a revolver, shotgun, and a sniper rifle.
5. Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
The game uses part of the world Far Cry 3.
In 2007, a devastating nuclear war was interrupted by a temporary truce between world powers. But the state without war is not pleasant to everyone - on a remote island someone creates an army of robots called Omega Force, to force the world to resume the war. On the island comes the fighter of the special division Mark IV Cyber Commando, cyborg Rex Power Colt, to prevent the villain to realize his plan.
The character moves through the levels, destroys enemies, collects useful items and performs certain tasks. For example, to save a hostage or destroy an object. Successful execution of missions brings him points of "experience". As the game progresses, the hero's weapon and skills are improved.
This game is characterized by a visual solution in the style of fantastic fighters of the 80s. In the same style, the soundtrack is designed. Many decisions directly cite the classic footage from the films of this time.
Categories in common with Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon: Shooter
6. Gone Home
Portland. It's June 7, 1995. After a year of living abroad, the game's main character, 21-year-old girl Katie Greenbriar, finally returns home, waiting for a warm welcome from her family. But somehow, she finds that there is no one in the house! Where is everyone? What happened here? This will be seen in Gone Home - a unique adventure game.
This game is an interactive investigation. You will need to analyse the details of the most ordinary-looking house, learn the history of the people living here. The primary task is to reveal the mystery of what happened, using everything that is possible, as the house has a lot of interactive elements, which allows you to interact with the environment entirely.
Surprisingly, simple movements create an atmosphere of almost inhabited home, as well as expertly crafted light and sound. Each piece of paper breathes history, and it is stunningly believable in both form and content.
7. This is the Police
Jack Boyd - 60-year-old police chief of a small town Freeburg. He is informed that he will retire in 180 days. These 180 days are all that he has left to provide himself with a pension for the rest of his life. He needs to raise $ 500,000 for this. His family affairs are also not ideal. The wife went to another man, taking the children. On the other hand, the new prosecutor of his town, a young woman, demonstrates sympathy.
Mayor of Freeburg is exactly the one who wants to fire the hero, it was he who determined the terms of his dismissal.
In the city there are two mafia groups. And between them a war begins. The hero will have to understand his place in this game as well. For example, ignoring the call of the police, the hero can get money from the mafia.
The hero's day begins with sending policemen to the tasks. Policemen can be more or less professional, more or less rested, they have different experiences, and sometimes suffer from alcoholism or have other shortcomings. At the beginning of the game the situation is simple, then complicate. The game depends strategically on the ability to make the best use of police forces. If you can manage the situation in the city under control, there is a chance to survive to retirement and retire with the capital in your pocket.
8. Resident Evil Revelations
Not every survival horror fully explored different styles and formats like Resident Evil did. Resident Evil Revelations keeps the story and mechanics from the previous installments. It’s set between Resident Evil 4 and 5, taking place right after the creation of BSAA. Agents Jill Valentine and Parker are sent to the cruise ship Queen Zenobia in order to find two missing field agents Chris Redfield and Jessica. But they find a trap, set by a bioterrorist organization Veltro. And now players will have to solve puzzles and to kill monsters.
Revelations are using an episodic storytelling format, separating single player campaign into different segments, allowing players to experience different scenarios and play as several characters throughout the game. But it keeps the main focus and the events on the ghost ship. But aside from the single-player campaign, players can try to complete modified story mode scenarios, fitted for the combat survival. Completing the Raid Mode objectives will allow one or two players to receive experience points and weapons.
9. Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
The universe of Shadowrun is a weird mixture of cyberpunk and high fantasy. Magic and technology co-exist in this setting, dragons are real, as well as elves, goblins, dwarves and many other mythological creatures, but they are living in a future world full of hackers and megacorporations. The "shadowrunners" are specialists who perform all sorts of dirty jobs for syndicates and governments. This setting was originally designed for the tabletop games, but since 1990s Shadowrun is also a popular game series, in which Dragonfall is the sixth installment. In Dragonfall, you control a team of shadowrunners, led by your protagonist, in an isometric view. While hacking a data vault in Berlin, your party discovers dangerous secrets that were better left unknown. The characters in your team are highly developed, have backstories and inspire sympathy. To avoid losing your favorite companion, you will have to plan your battles prudently.
Dragonfall was originally a DLC released to support the previous part, Shadowrun Returns. Compared to the standard edition, "Director's Cut" includes five additional missions, several alternate endings, an improved interface design, a slightly different combat system and a new soundtrack composed by Jon Everist.
10. LEGO Batman
LEGO Batman: The Videogame is a part in the series of LEGO adaptations of popular franchises. It is based on DC Universe and follows its famous superhero, Batman. It was the first LEGO game to be based on an original plot rather than being an adaptation of an existing story.
The game is set in Gotham City. A group of supervillains once again escaped the ever unreliable Arkham Asylum. They formed three separate gangs led by Batman’s arch-enemies Joker, Riddler, and Penguin, respectively. Each gang has a chapter of the game dedicated to it. Riddler’s plan is to rob Gotham's gold reserves. Penguin is going to use his robotic minions to conquer Gotham. Joker wants to poison the whole city with his laughing gas. Batman and Robin have to disrupt the villains’ plans.
The game is divided into the heroes’ and villains’ missions. In the heroes’ missions, you play as Batman or his aides Robin, Batgirl, and Nightwing, while the playable villains change over the course of the game. Between missions, the characters reside in their respective hubs, Batcave and Arkham Asylum. Each character has his or her unique abilities, such as special weapons, double jumps, mind control or immunity to certain attacks. The player can also change the suits of the characters to use their specific effects. For example, a Glide suit allows Batman to fly short distances, while Robin can use Magnet suit to climb metal surfaces. Since it’s a LEGO game, the player will also have to build certain constructions from LEGO bricks.
11. Duck Game
Enter the futuristic year of 1984, an age where ducks run wild in a frantic battle for glory. Win over the crowd and gain a following by blasting your feathered friends with Shotguns, Net Guns, Mind Control Rays, Saxophones, Magnet Guns, and pretty much anything else a duck could use as a weapon. One hit and you're roasted. This is DUCK GAME. Don't blink.
- 2 to 4 PLAYERS in either Local Multiplayer Couch Combat, or NEW Online Play!
- Single Player challenge mode
- Easy to pick up, emphasizing strategy over twitch reaction
- 50+ Levels, 50+ Weapons
- Level Editor
12. The Fall
The Fall is a 2D side-scrolling adventure game developed by Over the Moon Games.
The game follows Arid, an artificial intelligence installed in combat space suit worn by an unconscious astronaut. They crash land in unknown environments, and Arid’s goal is to save her pilot and restore his health. Being AI, Arid follows strict rules such as not to endanger pilot or not to deceive. The boundaries of AI will is one of the main themes in the game’s story.
The game revolves around exploring environments, solving puzzles and sporadic fighting with different enemies. The gameplay incorporates elements of Metroidvania and point-and-click adventures. Some areas in the game require special items to access that can be found in other parts of the game world. One of the most notable gameplay mechanics in The Fall is that flashlight serves as a pointer. You have to highlight the items to interact with them.
During combat, your flashlight turns into a laser sight. The player can use covers or blend into the background using camouflage. The enemies usually do not need many hits to kill the player. So most of the time landing accurate headshots is the best tactics to defeat enemies. The player can also perform stealth attacks that recover the main hero’s health.
13. The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes is a quest game developed by Frogwares. It is the sixth installment in the Sherlock Holmes series.
Sherlock Holmes, the famous investigator from Baker Street, falls under the suspicion of committing crimes. The player has to investigate several cases, that do not appear to be linked between each other at first playing as Sherlock Holmes himself and his sidekick Doctor Watson. The player has to decide for himself who Sherlock actually is - a friend, a savior, a genius detective or an unusually witted law offender.
The main characters in the game are Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson. Frogwares continues to follow their tradition of using their own portrayal of the protagonists, however, this time their appearance was reworked, as the protagonists now appear to be much younger.
The gameplay revolves around arriving at the crime scene, examining the scene, finding clues (several items are used to help the players, such as a magnifying glass), talking to different characters, witnesses, interrogating the suspects and interacting with items. The players often have to make assumptions in a mini-game that simulates the deductive method that Holmes uses.
The game features both the third-person camera, that is used by default and the first-person one. The players are free to choose whichever one they like at any time.
Prismata—the gripping debut from Lunarch Studios—radically redefines the strategy genre by combining elements of real-time strategy, card games, and tabletop strategy games to create something entirely new and unique.
Competing against other humans or ruthlessly efficient AI, you'll plan devastating attacks through a series of quick-fire turns. Will you outwit your opponents by striking at the perfect moment? Or will you fall victim to a devious trap?Game Modes
- Campaign: an enthralling 40-mission story-based single player adventure
- Casual Match: play friendly games against other humans or one of 30 different AI personalities
- Combat Training: over 50 hand-crafted puzzles and scenarios dripping with fascinating strategy insights
- Ranked Play: get paired against opponents of similar skill and compete for a spot on the leaderboards
- Custom Games: play bots or friends with fully editable unit pools, time controls, handicaps, AI difficulty, and more
- Expert Challenge: ultra-difficult mission variants for players seeking extreme challenges
- Event Mode: heart-pounding blitz brawl tourneys and crazy mode-of-the-week events with prizes
The StoryHundreds of years in the future, humans have engineered a prosperous new civilization on the distant planet Beacon, where the sun never sets. Meanwhile, the planet's frigid dark side has been colonized by an enigmatic faction of intelligent machines that threaten humanity with conflict.
In these new cybernetic times, human soldiers are obsolete. Instead, warfare is conducted swiftly with massive armies of robots. The Swarmwielders—human commanders of these mechanical forces—are the defenders of society, training relentlessly for the day when the machines strike again. However, when their own robots start to mysteriously malfunction, the humans find themselves endangered by something much closer than the machines lurking beyond the fringe.
- State-of-the-art enemy AI created by Professor David Churchill, winner of the 2013 StarCraft AI competition
- A custom replay browser where you can watch, share, and analyze game replays
- New Prismata units added regularly, each with a unique role and purpose in combat
- 100+ Steam Achievements to unlock
- Real-time spectator mode: watch live matches featuring top players
- Absolutely zero pay-to-win—no card packs to open; all units are free for all players
- Over 500 customizable emotes and 250 awesome unit skins to collect
- No randomness! Your fate is determined by your skill alone
- Over 100 trillion unique gameplay scenarios, each with a different optimal strategy to discover
GameplayIn Prismata, you’ll collect resources, create workers and technologies, assemble an all-conquering army, and trade blows with your opponent until one of you is obliterated. Prismata blends elegant turn-based mechanics with the tactical decision-making elements that are at the heart of real-time strategy games.
Featuring simple and intuitive economic and combat systems, Prismata is incredibly easy to learn. However, no two Prismata matches are ever the same. Every game, players get a new pool of extra buildable units that must be used to their fullest potential. There are always new builds to plan and discover, and new threats to respond to. Each battle is fresh and unique.
Containing no pre-built decks, random advantages, or luck-of-the-draw moments, Prismata’s cat-and-mouse duels celebrate quick-fire tactics, deep thinking, and decisive strategy. Will you execute a perfectly-timed attack, or will you build up a monstrous economy and overpower your opponent with a massive army?Testimonials from supporters and Kickstarter backers:"Almost nothing comes close to achieving this level of polish, depth, and replayability."
- Kevin "qxc" Riley, retired StarCraft pro-gamer and game designer
"Full skill, full focus, no RNG. It is beautiful!"
- Adrian "Lifecoach" Koy, Hearthstone and Gwent professional
"It's so good. I wake up and I'm like 'Yes, I get to play this game again.' I love it."
- Frederick "Freddybabes" Bird, Gwent Challenger, Open, and Slam champion
"I'm over-the-top addicted. Best game I've ever played."
- Mike "Timex" McDonald, poker professional
"A game I have been looking for all my life."
"One of the most intricate, well-thought-out, and best games I have ever played... the first and only game of its unique genre."
"More worthwhile than any other game."
"Truly unique in its ability to refine RTS and card game themes down to the core strategic decisions without the RNG or APM."
"Finally, a card game that removes the ‘luck’ aspect."
"When I start Prismata, it feels like my inner child is opening a bottomless toy box that's always holding something new and exciting."
"I honestly feel like a genius after I play a good game."
"Prismata is very approachable, yet there's always more to learn."
"I'm a filthy casual and I love playing a quick competitive game."
"10/10 strategy game! Phenomenal concept, unlimited replay value."
"Why did I even bother with those other games."
"I feel fortunate to live in the age of Prismata—the best game I've ever played."
"No mortal has 400 real APM. That's why we play Prismata, and leave StarCraft to the demigods."
"If you ever thought you'd be great at StarCraft if only you had the APM, now you can prove it."
"After 3 years and 11,000 games, I'm still innovating new strategies, and I don't expect that to ever stop."
"Prismata is the best thing that ever happened to me."
"It's as good as they say."
15. Marie's Room
Marie's Room is a short-story exploration game about an unconventional friendship between two classmates, told through memories. You play as Kelsey, remembering Marie's room as it was 20 years ago. What happened to Marie and Kelsey all those years ago?
“It was supposed to be simple. Get in, get out. I should have known better.”
Kelsey arrives in a seemingly empty room. She has only one goal, one purpose there -- getting Marie’s journal. But the room is not empty at all. In fact, it’s filled to the brim with memories, memories from 20 years ago, some of them which Kelsey would rather forget. Some of them, she cherishes to this day.
Join Kelsey in her trip down memory lane and uncover Marie and Kelsey’s past by exploring Marie’s room as it was all those years ago, or at least, how Kelsey remembers it.
Explore their stories, linked to every object in the room. Open drawers and search Marie’s laptop for clues. Find out what secrets the room holds.
“She once asked me, you know: ‘Don't you ever dream, Kelsey?’ And I said I don't. I don't dream, I plan. What I didn't tell her, was that I would not allow anyone to mess with those plans.”
16. Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure is a detective game with a high amount of attention given to plot unraveling. It is the 6th game in the corresponding series: with the five titles preceding it and one succeeding in late 2018.
The game very much resembles the tradition of point-and-click adventures. One of the core narrative features is a 3D realistic background and live captured videos instead of usual cutscenes. All of the games within a series feature the self-titled protagonist with a setting in 2050. Tesla Effect uncovers the story of a Chelsee Bando disappearance. The first part of the title cues the players into realizing the role of Nicola Tesla in the narrative.
It is little to invent in the point-and-click genre, but the development of Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure is presumably cut into two parts: actual cutscene and backgrounds filming and composing it all into the game content. The game features 5 endings and branching paths within the characters' arcs. The choices within those arcs influence the ending outcome.
Blackwake is a multiplayer naval FPS focused on teamwork and cooperation.
Broadside or board enemy ships as a crew with intense FPS Naval Combat based in the Age of Sail
Man the cannons and fire off coordinated broadsides with other players to sink the opposing ship. You will fight as a crew of up to 16 real players on a ship led by another player that has been voted as captain. Modes can have up to 54 players in a battle!Coordinate and cooperate to be efficient and be a devastating crew
If you're part of the crew, you may help the ship in any way you see fit without being forced to a role. You can be the part of the gunnery crew by loading cannons and firing at the enemy, or be the master of repairs and help keep the ship afloat by patching holes in the ship, repairing sails, or pumping out water. Help keep your ship's fire power up by running supplies for your fellow crewman, or even board an enemy ship and conquer it!Lead your crew as the Captain and dominate the opponent or defeat an arch nemesis
Issue commands to your crew, keep the coordination flowing as to which side to be at the ready, focusing on repairs or boarding the enemy! You can order which sides of the ship you want loaded with what, and motivate them until victory or death. Captain nominations occur at the start of the round and captain ratings improve or worsen depending on your success or failure.Game modes with variation
Ranging from a traditional duel style 1v1 ship deathmatch all the way to a 3v3 deathmatch of various ship sizes, you will be tested as a captain, your coordination with other captains, and as a crew. Weather will change with each round, spanning from a calm day with islands to a heavy storm in the open ocean. More game modes are planned to come in free content updates to make sure things stay interesting!Communication is key
There are multiple voice chat channels to keep coordinated, global, crew, faction, and proximity. Tell the powder monkey next to you, to fill yer' crate or the friendly ship's captain to come to your aid. Aside from voice channels there are also crew commands that are extremely helpful to people without microphones. You can expect the crew with the best communication and cooperation to win!Customization as both player and yer Ship
Name your ship, change its colors and make it known in tales told. Change your appearance and outfits to display your skill, time played and persistence as a fellow crewman.Developers that are passionate about feedback and are part of the community
Since our early development and Kickstarter we've spoken to our players through both discord and in-game chat, taking suggestions and feedback with care in real time. Every suggestion made by our players is truly considered and discussed, and we've been careful to keep in line with the vision we set out to create for Blackwake. The result is a game that we all helped create together and can enjoy together.As long as Blackwake breathes we'll keep her fed with content
We want to keep developing Blackwake with FREE additional content to make Blackwake the best possible game it can be. No paid DLC to divide the community or pay to win items to give players who spend more an advantage. We have many more ideas for Blackwake, and we're excited to use them to keep the game fresh and active.
Navigate miles and miles of tyre changing, fuel burning, carburettor busting, mud clattering terrain, through night and day, rain and shine. Adapt to whatever the procedurally generated world of Jalopy can throw at you.
Upgrade, maintain and care for your Laika 601 Deluxe motor vehicle. Keep close attention to everything from the state of your tyres, the condition of your engine and even the space in your trunk. Repair each aspect of your scrappy little car and install unique upgrades to deal with the changing world. Everything from cargo weight to the condition of your carburettor will determine how your car performs on the open road.
The rise of capitalism brings an economical conundrum. Scavenge for scraps to make a small return of investment, or become a baron of the open road and smuggle contraband under the eyes of border patrols to make a sizable profit.
Developer Greg Pryjmachuk worked on the Formula 1 franchise from 2009 through to 2014. In late 2014, Greg began work on this new driving simulation featuring the fictional Laika 601 Deluxe car; reminiscent of the East German “Trabbie”, it will need much love and care to keep it going on this memorable road trip!
19. Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition
Experience one of adventure gaming’s most stunning masterpieces all over again in this blockbuster retelling of the award-winning 1993 murder-mystery, which adds all-new puzzles, scenes, and HD graphics!
Blending the best of yesterday and today, it re-imagines the 1993 original, voted one of the greatest games of all time, for an entirely new generation of fans. As struggling author and bookstore owner Gabriel Knight, players will investigate a series of savage ritual killings in New Orleans and their connection to voodoo’s sinister mysteries.
The deeper you dive into master storyteller Jane Jensen’s tale of terror and suspense, the closer you’ll come to discovering the secrets of Gabriel’s family history–and unfolding his destiny.Key Features:
- Relive one of gaming’s greatest adventures of all-time: Adventure Gamers' 20 Best Adventure Games, Computer Gaming World's Adventure Game of the Year 1994, and Honorable Mention in The A.V. Club's Top 100 Games of All-Time
- Experience the award-winning voodoo murder-mystery in stunning high-res 3D
- Adds new puzzles and scenes to familiar challenges
- Includes remastered soundtrack by original composer Robert Holmes
- Enjoy special extras and bonus edition content, including original concept art, behind-the-scenes extras, exclusive new interviews and more!
20. Red Risk
Volunteers fight in a bloody contest for freedom and money.
You'll play as one of three volunteers armed with their favorite weapons.
Survive waves of enemies with a large quantity of rounds, enemies and bosses.
You will need to eat, drink and fill your ammo in order to survive.
Elite monsters will cast an unique set of skills to hunt you down.
This game requires a lot of strategy and rational thinking.
- 3 Players Co-op
- Original Soundtrack
- Deadly traps
- Skilled Enemies
- Blood, gore and dancers!
- Level Up System
- Steam Achievements/Trading Cards
Ronin is stylish a turn-based action platformer following the exploits of a vengeful heroine determined to strike down five prominent figures of a powerful corporation. Move with precision by meticulously planning out each silent step, soaring leap, and devastating swing of your blade from the shadows as you seek your revenge.
Turn-Based Action: Carefully plot your movements to setup the perfect strike before retreating back into the shadows or boldly confronting your opposition head-on with your katana.
Decisive Strikes: Dispatch all that oppose you with your lethal blade and razor wire or avoid their attacks with a holographic replicator and grappling hook to find a more advantageous position.
Path to Vengeance: Battle through over fifteen complex missions as you stalk and cut down five closely guarded figures within a secretive conglomerate.
Paradigm is a surreal adventure game set in the strange and post apocalyptic Eastern European country of Krusz.
Play as the handsome mutant, Paradigm, whose past comes back to haunt him in the form of a genetically engineered sloth that vomits candy.
Paradigm’s unfortunate life begins at DUPA genetics, a company who sells prodigy children to the rich and powerful who don’t want to leave their inheritance to their poor excuse for biological children.
Something went wrong during Paradigm’s growing process and he was left horribly mutated. To save their reputation, DUPA dumped the hideous infant in a nearby post Neo-Soviet abandoned town, forcing him to fend for himself.
Paradigm didn’t let this get him down and found solace in music. He dreams of becoming the best electronic music artist the world has ever seen! Unfortunately his past is set to catch up with him and he must reluctantly step up as the world’s saviour. When really he just wants to finish his latest EP.
On his journey, Paradigm meets an array of strange characters. Some include: a psychopathic superhero, an evil sloth, a secretary knight , and a glam metal cult leader pug.
- Classic point [/img[/img]]and click adventure: Think Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Space quest, Full Throttle.
- Surreal 2D Graphics: Pixar meets Fallout
- Post apocalyptic: The year is 2026, dial-up is back in fashion.
- 70/80’s influences: Paradigm's world is what people from that era imagined it to be; large super computers, space age furniture and floppy disks that can save the world.
- Mature content and dark humour: Help the local drug addict and have a hot date with a toaster.
- Ugliest protagonist in gaming (maybe): Look at him, Jesus.
- Evil sloth antagonist: Who is a genetically engineered living candy machine.
- Glam metal cult: May your pants be tight and your excess be excessive.
In Sanitarium you play an amnesiac thrust into a morbid, really creepy universe. After a car accident you wake up to find that instead of lying in a hospital, you’re in an asylum with your head wrapped in bandages. Who the hell am I? What am I doing here? How do I escape? There endless questions eating away at you, and so too are the many puzzles you’ll need to resolve throughout this immersive, captivating adventure.
Featuring a rich, complex plot set in an intense world where a very thin line separates reason from madness, Sanitarium is a masterwork suitable for point-and-click beginners, experts and everyone who enjoys captivating storylines and horror games. Sanitarium was recently voted one of the scariest games of all time.
Originally released in 1998 for PC and Adventure Game of the Year Winner, this timeless point-and-click horror game is a must-have for adventure game fans.
You got caught smuggling VHS tapes across the border, and now there's hell to pay. You want to find an elusive rare bird in the forest and snap its picture. You have to kill a man in the back room of a shady diner.
This is Paratopic, an experimental first-person horror game, one of the best-rated horror titles on itch, and one of Rock, Paper, Shotgun's best games of 2018.
- A narrative, horror tinged adventure game that takes you on a journey through a cruel fever dream world.
- Cutting between numerous detailed and varied vignettes, unravel how the stories of three separate characters intersect.
- Explore the detritus of forbidden industry, kill, drive through the night, find yourself in conversation with some very off-kilter individuals.
- A leisurely playthrough should take forty five minutes give or take, with plenty more to discover in the detailed, grimey low polygon environments. Or speedrun it, if you'd prefer.
- Over an hour of gorgeous dark ambient music is used to create our subtly dynamic soundscape. An anachronistic blend of modern and outdated production as glitches and textural pads meet synthesis & sampling akin to a haunted recollection of 90s Unreal Engine soundtracks.
How far would you go to save your best friend?
For Gomo, the answer to this question is clear: To the end of the world and further, if necessary.
Join him on his journey through the bizarre 2D landscapes of this dreamlike Point & Click Adventure!
Far away, in a hidden valley Gomo and his dog Dingo live in undisturbed peace; but serenity in this fairy tale vale soon comes to a violent end: an unknown alien force abducts Gomo's companion. In exchange for his beloved pet, Gomo is supposed to obtain a rare crystal for the alien. This crystal lies well protected in a subterranean mine- getting your hands on this one won't be easy!
However, there is no choice, but doing as the alien asks...
You want to help Gomo? Then be prepared for a surreal journey packed with challenging puzzles.Features:
- Presented by the creators of the „Deponia“-Series, „The Whispered World“ and „Edna & Harvey - The Breakout"
- Point & Click exploration through a surreal dreamscape.
- Fondly animated characters, hand-drawn backdrops and creative puzzle design
- Communication in non-verbal comic style
26. Level 22: Gary’s Misadventure - 2016 Edition
THE FIRST STEALTH GAME SET IN THE MERCILESS AND FRENETIC WORLD OF WORK!
Gary is an office worker who overslept after a drunken night out in town. Here's where it gets tricky, because this isn't the first time Gary's been late for work, and he could be fired if he's spotted arriving at his desk after everyone else yet again. So he’ll have to prove his smartness and slyness to make his way up the 22 floors standing between him and his office without being caught.
- Hide in closets, crawl through air vents, slink along the walls… nobody must spot you!
- Use everything in your reach to get to the end of the level: hide behind a newspaper, smash a vending machine with a well-aimed kick, or use donuts to lure the security guards away.
- Want to drive your colleagues crazy, knock them out, poison them or even expose them to harmful radiation?
- Fool photocopiers, stroll hiding in a cardboard box or distribute laxatives ... It is possible in Level 22!
- Ready to settle the score with your bosses?
From the basement to the boss’s office via the research and development labs, explore the zany little universe of LEVEL 22.
27. My Summer Car
MY SUMMER CAR is the ultimate car owning, building, fixing, tuning, maintenance AND permadeath life survival simulator. You start the game with hundreds of loose parts and assemble both car and engine. Not only you need to maintain your car, but yourself as well. Sausages, beer and sleeping will do just fine.
If everything goes well, you have a working car which you can use for various 1990's Finnish countryside summer activities. Basically doing stupid things under influence of alcohol. After you have gathered extra money from various random jobs, you can start to tune and upgrade the car with parts ordered via snail mail. You can turn the car into a obnoxious bass-boom disco machine.... or into a rally car to participate rally competitions... or just fix it into perfect factory condition. Of course car also needs to pass the inspection or you might get into trouble with police.
Not only you have access to one car, but also several other cars and vehicles which you can use. (Mostly useful to get groceries and for towing the project car from some ditch, again).
Warning, this game is not for fainted heart. Severe car fever is required to play this properly due to it's meticulous approach on car building.
- Full car assembly with over hundred parts
- Detailed driving and engine simulation
- Various other vehicles, cars and boat to use and drive
- Dozens of kilometers worth of dirt and paved roads with AI traffic
- Random paying jobs to cover food, beverage and fuel expenses
- Rally event to participate in
- Permanent death
- Sauna bathing
- 90's Finnish summer!
- Support for steering wheel and shifter controllers
- Much more!
28. Kraven Manor
Turn out the lights, take a deep breath, and prepare yourself. Explore the depths of the immersive, atmospheric world of Kraven Manor. Uncover its secrets, solve its mystical puzzles, and face the growing threat within.
Kraven Manor challenges you to explore an expansive manor and discover the mysteries that lurk in its dark corners. You have the power to dynamically alter the layout of your environment by interacting with a miniature scale model of the manor, located in its extravagant entryway.
Dynamically build the manor around you. Find miniature room models and carry them back to an increasingly elaborate scale model of the manor. Adjusting the model causes rooms to move and appear in real space, awaiting your arrival.
Each new room exposes revelations into the troubling past of William Kraven. Face your fears and see if you have what it takes...the doors of Kraven Manor await you.
- Experience a hauntingly beautiful first person atmosphere
- Hear chilling symphonies and bumps in the night that will have you looking over your shoulder
- Become the architect of Kraven Manor by constructing a scale model of the house
- Prepare for tension, puzzles, and a mounting threat that avoids the cheap scare
- Beware a unique antagonist that pursues you relentlessly to the final moments
- Find collectible secrets hidden within the Manor and obtain a very special ending
- Play Nightmare Mode for a scarier challenge and a battery for your flashlight
- Enjoy robust graphical settings and custom key binding options
- Face your fears in 14 Languages
29. Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location
Welcome to Circus Baby's Pizza World, where family fun and interactivity go beyond anything you've seen at those *other* pizza places! With cutting-edge animatronic entertainers that will knock your kids' socks off, as well as customized pizza catering, no party is complete without Circus Baby and the gang!
Now hiring: Late night technician. Must enjoy cramped spaces and be comfortable around active machinery. Not responsible for death or dismemberment.
30. Decay: The Mare
A new psychological horror adventure game from the creators of the successful Decay series:
Sam is an addict who ends up in an institution named “Reaching Dreams”, hoping to kick his drug problem and sort out his miserable life. But during the first night, something goes horribly wrong and he gets stuck in an endless nightmare…
Decay – The Mare is a 3D psychological horror adventure and homage to the Resident Evil and Silent Hill games, as well as to horror adventure games like Phantasmagoria, The 11th Hour and Gabriel Knight.
For the first time the compelling, high-tension Adventure is available in one package, including an exclusive third chapter that will bring Sam’s journey to an end.
Decay’s developer Shining Gate Software is a small indie studio located in Stockholm, Sweden. The studio is best known for their work with DICE and Electronic Arts on the Battlefield franchise and for their own Decay series, released on multiple platforms.Key Features
- Contains the defining third chapter
- All three chapters of the game in one compelling experience
- Amazing atmosphere, art and music
- Scary and deep story
- Challenging riddles and puzzles
- Unlock achievements and collect all Steam Trading Cards to receive exclusive emoticons and profile backgrounds.
Wickland is an indie arena shooter heavily inspired by classic FPS games of the 90's. Morph into eight deadly beasts and use their own unique abilities, blaze through maps at insane speed to pick up power-ups, and fight your friends or foes in classic maze-like arena maps, just like the good old days. Wickland is an arena FPS dedicated to PC Gamers.Main Objective
- Wickland revolves around the unique arena FPS mechanic of morphing, fighting, and killing your opponent's beasts until their human character is defeated
- Each beast you pick up has it's own armor which stacks onto your base health. In duel mode, beasts can only be picked up by 1 player at a time. Use map knowledge and strategic routing to take control of the beasts and win the match
- 8 beasts with their own suited range and close range abilities
- 6 themed arena maps
- Warm-Up (FFA Deathmatch) and Duel (1 vs 1)
- Practice offline or online against bots
- Watch live competitions via spectator mode
- Community supported tournaments with prize pools (eSports Leagues)
- Power-ups such as health potions and armor
- Wall jump ability to increase momentum, perform trick jumps, and take shortcuts
- Steam Login with stat tracking
- Steam Trading Cards
- Steam Achievements
- 2 new maps will be released in Spring 2015
32. Tick Tock: A Tale for Two
In Tick Tock: A Tale for Two you and your friend get trapped in a game created by the skilful clockmaker Amalie Ravn. In order to escape you need to navigate a magical clock world filled with secrets and puzzles. The only problem is... neither of you have the full picture. Only when you combine the information on your two screens will you have the means to get closer to the truth and your ultimate escape.
Prepare yourselves for a narrative adventure where your communication skills are put to the test. Read out loud to each other, discuss what you see and what you are told, and remember, time is a fickle thing.
Key Game Features:
Solve Puzzles with a Friend
Share and combine information with a friend to solve puzzles. Keep your screen hidden from the other player if you want a more challenging experience.
Experience a Story
Uncover the memories of two sisters and piece together the full story.
Explore an Eerie World
Enter a world in a hand drawn style where you'll be able to explore different locations in an eerie village. Visit an old clock shop, investigate rooms with creaky floorboards, and venture down into a dark basement to find answers.
This game can be played cross-platform, you just need two devices. So you can play the game on either two computers or on one computer and one phone.
33. The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief
'The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief' is a thrilling crime adventure in three chapters from the creators of 'The Book of Unwritten Tales'. Full of twists and turns, it immerses you in both sides of the story, combining thrill-of-the-chase whodunit with the risk and reward of a heist story.
Paris, 1960. Europe is in the grip of the gentleman master thief The Raven. His burglaries are spectacular and he always emerges unscathed. Young hotshot investigator Nicolas Legrand stuns the public when he confronts the master thief and fatally wounds him.
London, 1964. An ancient ruby – one of the legendary 'Eyes of the Sphinx' – is stolen from the British Museum. At the crime scene: a raven feather. Is somebody trying to follow in the Raven's footsteps? – Legrand is back on the case. At the same time in Zurich a phone rings. Constable Anton Jakob Zellner looks up from behind a mountain of files. He has no idea what lies hidden in a bank vault, just a few hundred meters away from him. As he reaches for the receiver his life takes a crucial turn…
All three chapters are now available:
- Chapter I: The Eye of the Sphinx
- Chapter II: Ancestry of Lies
- Chapter III: A Murder of Ravens
- King Art's thrilling crime adventure – full of twists and turns – immerses you in both sides of the story, combining elements of classic whodunit and heist stories
- Cinematic presentation with hundreds of camera angles and dozens of cutscenes
- Optional puzzles and scoring system for adventure game veterans
- Notebook and help function for adventure game newcomers
- Breathtaking real-time 3D graphics in full HD
Categories in common with The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief: Adventure
34. Tank Universal
Tank Universal creates a huge virtual 'Tron-like' world where you take part in immense 3D tank battles involving scores of units both friendly and not so friendly in wide open levels!
Players can bombard the enemy from a distance or close the gap and dodge shells point blank - all in an immersive first person perspective.
- 20 levels of highly addictive and intense tank battles
- Some missions require you to leave the safety of your tank and explore the world on foot
- Ability to upgrade weapons and tank equipment
- Fight alongside allies against highly intelligent and numerous enemies
- Spectacular looking virtual world and eye-popping particle effects
- Take the battle in any direction with wide open levels allowing freedom of play
- Intriguing storyline switching between the 'real world' and the digital virtual world
- Enhanced resolutions, including widescreen support up to 1680x1050
- Unlock over 25 achievements, including Roadkill, Sheep Master and the all important; Saviour of the Resistance
“Humanity found a way into the depths of the space. First brave hearts set off to grasp the unknown. It found them first.
Dreams of pathfinders crashed against the cold flesh of the space. Now and on only one thing matters: what are you capable of to survive?”
“Dispatcher” is a first-person horror with RPG elements.
The game takes place in the near future on a spaceship “Dispatcher” which crew got into an accident and trapped with alien monsters. The few survivors have been infected and are not as friendly as you think.
But was it an accident?
- - Scary mixture of survival horror and atmosphere of classic space science fiction of 60-80’s;
- - Stealth-based gameplay with RPG elements;
- - System of characters’ upgrade that unlock according to the amount of gained experience;
- - 6 character classes, each of which has its own strengths and weaknesses;
- - 4 unique kinds of unpredictable monsters;
- - Partial random generation of levels;
- - Hardcore mode for the most daring players;
- - Beautiful graphic that can fully immerse you into the atmosphere of fear and terror;
- - Also chicks in skinny clothes, blood, screams and other possibility.
36. The Ship: Remasted
You find yourself aboard a series of luxury 1920s cruise ships – a guest of the mysterious Mr X who has engineered your presence on board to take part in a murderous game. You and your fellow passengers will be assigned a target to kill and must do so before your own hunter tracks you down. Armed with a wide array of weapons and traps, use all of your cunning and skill to dispatch your unsuspecting target and avoid sleeping with the fishes.
All aboard and enjoy the cruise.
Dedicated servers (16 players) are live! LAN (16 Players) and Listen Servers (8 players) are also available to set up. Please read our FAQs in the Steam discussion forums before you buy.
You can find our Development Roadmap here and it is updated frequently. We'll also be posting regular updates here on Steam and on our blog. Players can expect to see game updates once or twice a month at least, with the option to opt-in to test builds to check out new content and features before they go live.
37. NEON STRUCT
You are Jillian Cleary: an ex-spy on the run, framed for treason and hunted by your former agency. You must move in secret, survive off the grid, and find a way to clear your name. Old friends and new allies will lend their support; but with the eyes of the world upon you, who can you trust?StealthKeep in the shadows, move in silence, and stay out of sight. Escape from tight situations by scrambling your enemies' vision. Enhance your performance with black market stims.WorldExplore a concrete-and-neon brutalist vision of the modern surveillance state. Undertake eight missions spanning two continents. Meet a diverse range of interesting characters.MusicFeaturing an 18-song soundtrack by electronic rock band The Home Conversion.
38. TRI: Of Friendship and Madness
With every twist of a corridor, every raised gantry over your head, every new floor of towers and dungeons in the Odd Gods’ world, TRI challenges you to think outside the box. Empowered by the TRI artifact, you place anchor points on the walls around you and conjure triangular platforms which can be climbed on, walked over and otherwise employed to negotiate the levels ahead. They’ll help you solve puzzles, reach otherwise impossible ascents, reflect light beams and even walk up walls… once you discover how to do it, that is!
A real test of spatial awareness, TRI is a mix of first-person and puzzle gameplay that will push your mind to the absolute limit!
- The Power Of TRI – Create your own path through each level by conjuring triangles out of thin air, then use them to solve puzzles scattered throughout the world of the Odd Gods.
- Go Anywhere, Everywhere – Careful planning and thought can see you go almost anywhere using the triangles; think about where you place them and hunt for the mystical fox statues that allow you to move on!
- New Abilities – There’s always something new to learn, always a new power to be earned. Want to walk on walls? Redirect light rays? Use teleportation? It’s all waiting to be discovered!
- Replay Value – Finding your way through each of TRI’s 16 stages is taxing enough, but you can also hunt for hidden idols, beat the best time or meet fewest triangle targets, against other players on the in-game leaderboards of the Challenge Mode.
The hidden idols also unlock bonus content like making-of pictures and developer commentaries!
- First-Person Puzzling – TRI is a thinking gamer’s FPS; there’s no violence or killing, only the joy of exploration, puzzle solving and triangle conjuring. It’s a true test of skill and spatial awareness!
39. Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube
Created by Liquid Flower, QBEH-1: The Atlas Cube is a prequel to their much beloved Qbeh, a small student project that found its way online and into the hands of gamers and journalists alike who wanted more after feasting on the appetizer. Now, QBEH-1: The Atlas Cube builds on the core concept and aesthetics introduced in the original and brings even more polish, passion and gameplay into the new game.
Now includes a LEVEL EDITOR with STEAM WORKSHOP support! Build your own levels then share and play those made by the community.MAIN GAME FEATURES:
- Solve elaborate puzzles using a variety of Cube types such as Building Blocks, Energy Cubes and Gravity Manipulators
- Explore atmospheric Worlds, each with 6 challenging levels and unique themes
- Discover alternate paths, intriguing platforming elements and secrets to unlock an unfolding mystery
- Experience an immersive & mesmerizing Soundtrack that pulls you into the adventure
- Uncover the game’s narrative through interpretive imagery
- Oculus Rift Support (supports DK1 & DK2)
- Create levels using similar (world) styles found in the game
- Mix and match styles from multiple themes in one level
- Add doors, switch activated doors, moving platforms, fans and more
- Add special cubes (basic, energy, gravity and force)
- Add geometry blocks such as walls and floors with different styles
- Move, resize and rotate objects (only geometry blocks are resizable)
- Change lighting and add light cubes as light sources
- Change skybox
- Select your background music from tracks available in the game
- Test levels right in the editor
- Share levels through Steam Workshop
- Play levels made by others
After improving the game and having many play testers play Prospekt. Today i'm releasing a huge update for the Summer Sale! This includes:
- Extended gameplay with whole new levels.
- Greatly refined gameplay for a much more enjoyable experience.
- Greatly improved graphics including some Ultra high definition textures.
- Real time dynamic lighting.
- Real time dynamic environments.
- New special effects
- Much more brand new content.
- Better game flow with better balance.
- And much more!
Thank you to everyone who has tested this version of the game behind the scenes and leaving feedback on what you have wanted me to improve. Much more to come soon!
- Substantial, highly-polished and totally new addition to the Half-Life 2 universe, comparable to Half-Life 2: Episode One in length
- Developed by one person, 25 year old Richard Seabrook
- Official Valve approval for Half-Life 2 license and assets
- Standalone PC game built using the Source engine - no requirement for Half-Life 2
- Continues the story of Opposing Force, Gearbox Software’s (Borderlands) update that tells the original Half-Life 2 story from the perspective of the Marines.
- Gordon Freeman is cornered and being overrun by soldiers in the Nova Prospekt prison; the player controls US Marine Adrian Shephard - the unsung hero - as he’s teleported in by Freeman’s Vortigaunt allies to help fight back.
- 13 new levels featuring fully-scripted puzzles and action sequences, all carefully integrated into the Half-Life 2 story
- Substantial graphical updates over the original game, including but not limited to:
- New Textures
- New Models
- Updated high resolution Combine soldier skins with improved normal mapping
- Updated high resolution textures
- Updated lighting
- Higher resolution models
- Increased cube mapping
- Over 20 new particle effects
- Modded HUD
- Modded VGUI
- New player model skin
- Return to Xen
- New voice acting
- New music
- New AI improvements, such as soldiers attempting to undo the player’s actions
Thank you everyone for your immense support! I can’t wait to hear what you think of the finished game and work the feedback into my next project.
This game contains STRONG language that may not be suitable for minors and younger audiences. Player discretion is advised.
Categories in common with Prospekt: Action
41. Freedom Fall
Freedom Fall is a diabolical down-scrolling platformer set in a prison tower so tall it touches the clouds. Presented with hand painted art, its old school vibe mixes with fast-paced free falling action and a story with both dark wit and heart. With the promise of freedom for those who escape, find your way through the traps and mechanical monstrosities set up by a twisted princess who you'll wish was in another castle. As your bid for freedom continues you start to see that things aren't quite as they seem. In the end you'll determine who is guilty and who is innocent … but until then there are lots of deathtraps to avoid, killer balloons to bounce off, jetboards to ride and even a dragon to fight!
42. Solar Gun
Will you be able to escape alive from the factory? Manage the light wisely, unlock new levels and try to find a way out.<h3>Key Features</h3><br/><ul><li>More than 16 different puzzles for players of any skill level<br/></li><li>Avoid the mortal floor, handle the laser lights and manage your orbs to go throught the installations.<br/></li><li>But be careful! Death affects the way how puzzles can be solved.<br/></li><li>Find the hidden minigames<br/></li><li>Speedrun mode</li></ul>
43. The Sojourn
The Sojourn is a thought-provoking first-person puzzle game in which you traverse the parallel worlds of light and darkness in search of answers to the nature of reality.
A classic story about light and darknessYou are born into a beautiful, pure land, but everything is not as it seems. Darkness seeps through every crevice and forms the foundation of the world you live in. Open your eyes to the shadows of the world to uncover the hidden truth.Challenge and lose yourselfVenture into the enchanting world of The Sojourn and face life’s obstacles by solving dozens of unique puzzles that will challenge your perception of your own reality. Take in gorgeous environments as you delve into the game’s four chapters, each with a distinct atmosphere and style.Key featuresDozens-upon-dozens of challenging puzzles
Delve into four beautifully crafted chapters, each with their own distinct style and atmosphere
Banish the darkness in order to reveal the obstacles The Sojourn has prepared for you
Unravel a captivating tale of light, darkness, and the nature of reality
you are stuck in a dangerous area with no help, you gotta find the damn radio to call for evacuation and wait until rescue arrives. a small portion of players are mutants and the rest are peasants who turn into mutants if they die.
45. Bayou Island - Point and Click Adventure
This is the full release of Bayou Island.
Help an unknown captain make his way through the mysterious Bayou Island and try to find a way back to his ship. Solve the various puzzles and talk with the island's inhabitants to uncover what is really going on. But is something sinister afoot? Who is telling the truth? Who can you really trust? Using your logic is the only way you're going to win. This has been made with the love and inspiration of the point and click adventure games of the 90s.
- Easy to use Point and Click user interface
- Gorgeous graphics
- Beautifully composed original music
- Easy to use controls
- Rich storyline which progresses when each puzzle is solved
- Full voice acting by professional voice actors
Press Pack = http://www.andy-howard.com/bayou-island/press
PR movie trailer = http://www.andy-howard.com/bayou-island/trailer.mp4
PR screenshots = http://www.andy-howard.com/bayou-island/screenshots.zip
Promo site = http://www.andy-howard.com/bayou-island/
All enquiries email address: [email protected]
46. Depths of Fear :: Knossos
Depths of Fear :: Knossos is a Greek-themed 1st person adventure game with stealth, action and edge-of-your-seat elements within rogue-like procedurally generated levels. You will run. You will hide. You will fight. You will die.
The fate of Athens is in your hands as you step into the role of legendary Greek hero Theseus. Offering yourself for tribute unto the corrupt King Minos, you embark upon a perilous quest deep beneath the city of Knossos to slay the twisted mythical beast - The Minotaur. But, before you can complete this hero's journey you must steadfast the trials of ever-changing creature-filled labyrinths. Collect gold to deal with Daedalus, building up your armory whilst seeking out the mythological medallions that unlock a master sword, the only weapon known that can pierce the Minotaur's cursed flesh. May the gods of Greece be with you, son of Poseidon!
- An ever changing Labyrinth: Each stage in Depths of Fear is crafted to never be the same twice creating a constant state of tension of the unknown.
- Face the Beasts of Ancient Greece: Survive encounters against 8 immortal legendary creatures: Saytr, Cerberus, Centaur, Manticore, Griffin, Medusa, Hydra and the horror of the Minotaur.
- Diverse Gameplay: To survive one must learn when to sneak through the shadows, when to run and when to engage in combat as they attempt to survive each rung down into in the darkness.
- Knowledge is Power: Appease the gods by finding their books and earning their favor for special powers such as lightening from Zeus, Speed from Hermes, Earth shaking might from Poseidon or the illuminating light of Apollo.
- Build an Arsenal: Loot the labyrinths for gold to purchase 8 trusty weapons that range from Blades and Clubs to the Trident and Crossbow. Use these weapons to secure the 8 creature medallions that unlock the only weapon known that can slay the legendary beast Minotaur.
- Challenge the Unknown: When the adventure ends, the game has just begun. Beneath the skull a never-ending challenge awaits in the entrance of the unknown that provides countless replay value. How far down can you make it?
- Unique & Adaptive soundtrack: Featuring a tension-based music system, the soundtrack (recorded with mind-altering 70’s era synthesizers) adapts to your situation.
47. Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion: HD Renovation
Spooky and her mansion of creepy cuties are back in Spooky’s Jump Scare Mansion: HD Renovation! Can you survive 1000 rooms of adorable terror? Or will you break once the cute facade dissolves, and you find yourself running for your life from the unspeakable, hideous creatures that dwell and write in the bowels of this house? They wait for you. They wait, and they hunger for your encounter. . .
Spooky’s has been recreated in the Unity engine, featuring HD graphics, 3D models, and some new twists and turns along the way. Now with full controller support, Steam trading cards and backgrounds, new specimens, the ability to toggle between the old and new specimen visuals, and Oculus Rift and Vive support. This new version of Spooky’s will also have Endless Mode and all DLC bundled together. This new game will also have a “Build Your Own Mansion” feature integrating with Steam Workshop. There will be both tools in the game to edit rooms and a development SDK that allows players to create new specimen, mechanics, and whatever they desire and share them on the Workshop!
WHY THIS IS A NEW GAME:
As you might know the original Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion was written in GameMaker 8 - which only has the most rudimentary of 3D support. In order to add features like 3D specimens, VR, Mac & Linux ports, and to fix a lot of the nagging issues (like getting stuck on corners) and other much-requested features it has to be rewritten from the ground up! We're taking this opportunity to add all that and more in Unity - which is a modern fully featured natively 3D engine that is a lot easier to work with for this kind of game than old GameMaker.
48. Cat Burglar: A Tail of Purrsuit
Cat Burglar: A Tail of Purrsuit is a stealthy puzzle platformer adventure of a cat's quest to get one over on the dastardly dogs.
By playing as Kat and clearing each level you will unlock Pet charities and get an opportunity to learn more about these great organizations and how you can help.
Kat must sneak her way through 7 different levels to best the dogs and escape with the LOOTS!
GAMERS FOR GOOD BACKSTORY:
Gamers for Good was formed in 2012 as a result of a group of Game Devs wanting to work together for a greater cause.
We have published 2 charity artbooks supporting causes like mental health awareness and cancer research, As we move into game development we seek to provide answers to the age old question; "How can I give back as a gamer?" Specifically as a game developer. we hope to provide multiple replicable examples for the industry.
We provide community service opportunities, charitable giving projects as well as gaming related service options.
➣ It's an oldschool/boomercore game not by just looks and engine, but by gameplay.
➣ Gory, fast paced shooting, a solid arsenal of weapons and magic items.
➣ Sprawling levels that offer a degree of freedom and don't hold the player's hand. Exploring, hunting secrets, backtracking, patience and having to figure out what to do next is key. Monsters and pickups are hand-placed and vary according to the difficulty you play on.
➣ Original story packed with lots of lore and doubled by a permeating atmosphere.
➣ Original soundtrack ranging from tense to serene ambient, spiced up with bursts of metal. Also, did I mention the legendary Alexander Brandon? If you enjoyed the Unreal and Deus Ex soundtracks, you're in for a treat!
➣ Thousands of hours of work put into an original concept, digitally hand-drawn graphics (textures, sprites, frame by frame animations etc.), scripting, sound effects and level design, all by a one man dev team aiming to create a unique game with a unique atmosphere.
➣ Six to eight hours of good 'ol singleplayer action with five difficulties including Brutalizing, which changes the gameplay to allow interesting second playthroughs (different fights & pick-ups, companions etc.).
➣ It's very light on storage (under 300mb) and well optimized. It's also portable so no DRM and no online ties either - you buy it, it's yours!
My aim is to research classic game design and refresh the valuable bits we've lost in an experience that ultimately rewards the player through learning and investment rather than through mechanically administered gratification.
Hedon is an oldschool game, and that's pretty much enough of a description. You will be dropped in a hostile world that has its own workings, characters and intrigues, and you will be expected to fend for yourself. The build up is slow and steady, the story is consistent, the combat is fast paced and ruthless. You will sometimes find yourself lost in a non linear level design with various aesthetics (forest, caves, forge, barracks, snowy mountain etc.) where exploration and learning by yourself is the key to improve.
You may find that Hedon takes a certain amount of inspiration from games such as Unreal, Blood, Thief, Arx Fatalis, Serious Sam etc. but nonetheless aims to be original at all times.
You play as Zan (any similarity with the creator's username is a pure coincidence), a half Orc - half Demon warrior who wakes up in a caved in tunnel with no memory of how she ended up there. The first episode will focus on our hero's descent into a strange underground world which is threatened by the sudden attack of a massive Cultist force.
There are certain races and factions populating the world of Hedon.
The Iron Division
A faction of amazon-like Orcs and Goblins, the Iron Division are the keepers Hedon's greatest secret - the crystal technology. Various magical crystals sprawl across the underground, providing energy, heat, oxygen and often forming entire biomes around them. Combining this power with crafting and the ancient art of magic, the Iron Division has founded a whole new civilization within their mountain stronghold known as Valc.
Fallen to sin, the raving husks of what were once human now worship various figures of the Underworld. Little can be done to cull their addiction to pain and suffering. Little but a spray of frag fire or an explosive bolt that is...
Chaotic Demons dwell in the deepest parts of Hedon, lashing out at the weaker minds of the inhabitants of the Overworld. Along the ages, they have subdued entire towns to become their cultist slaves and feed their endless hunger through pain and suffering. Demons only care about feeding, and they will stop at nothing to do so.
Ancient dwellers of the underground, Minotaurs and Dwarves have built their own civilizations, ever clenched in warfare with the Demons spawning from below. However, their great cities and heritage were lost hundreds of years after their inevitable defeat in front of Hell's armies, and now they have been scattered and forced to live in small clans and towns.
iamfailtacular - story collaboration/world building, brainstorming
Akhzul - Hedon's OST dedicated composer. A one guitar man band.
Alexander Brandon - The man himself. If you enjoyed the soundtracks of Deus Ex or Unreal, then you're in for a few pleasant surprises. I bought few licenses for some of his personal tracks (and other songs that didn't make it in Deus Ex/Unreal) and fit them into Hedon!
Breathelast - A band of underground sharks who pitched in with instrumental tracks of their songs. Also one of my favorite bands ever.
Methadone Skies - Another solid band from the underground, guilty of creating dreamlike musical atmosphere.
Shivaxi & Xenofish - 5 Michelin Star chef and his cool friend who made an awesome remix for Alexander Brandon's Underworld.
Coding/Scripting/Resource Management: SLADE3
Level Design: GZDoom Builder
Graphic Design (Textures, Sprites, Animations etc.): Adobe Photoshop Elements 8, Clip Studio Paint
3D Modelling: Blender
Sound Editing/Recording/Mixing: Audacity
50. Dark Train
DARK TRAIN is an oppressive sci-fi/industrial 2D adventure made of paper. Assume the role of mechanical squid ANN 2.35f 💙that is tied to a railroad tamagotchi and deliver the mysterious order for the deceased D. W. Tagrezbung, famous inventor from the Border City.
* controls - dynamic, no point-n-click
* narration - strong, non-textual, situational
* atmosphere - dark, oppressive
* exploration - non-casual
* audiovisuals - paper-made
* no hints, no help - solve it
Dark Train in its game mechanics core is an adventure without point-n-click mechanics. You take control of a mechanical squid Ann 2.35f 💙 via a controller or a mouse. By exploring the train structure, environments within wagons, train control panels and its surroundings, you are progressing further in the game and story.
Our story follows the journey of the inventor D. W. Tagrezbung and the mysterious contract from unknown client which he received years ago. Even as a child, he created a functional model of the universe and throughout his life drew attention to himself thanks to a number of significant inventions. At an advanced age of his peaceful life he received the last big contract with a very strange assignment. The client requested the creation of a model of the human world that embraces changeable weather and civilization. What he did not want to be part of the model was the human face or even people themselves. The actual challenge was presented by creation of transportation that would be capable of delivering the order. Inhospitable territory stretching between the client and the inventor is for centuries connected only by rail. Therefore D. W. decided to create a self-sufficient train with four wagons where each wagon will contain one familiar environment from his world. Eventually D. W. Tagrezbung devoted the rest of his life to the client's order. The day the train was finally ready to go, the famous inventor died.