The best games like Don't Starve Together are:
- arrow_rightThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- arrow_rightAmnesia: The Dark Descent
- arrow_rightCall of Duty: WWII
- arrow_rightF.E.A.R. 3
- arrow_rightGhost of a Tale
100 Best Games Like Don't Starve Together:
Filter by Platform Select a Platformarrow_drop_down
- PC (100)
- Xbox One (46)
- PlayStation 4 (59)
- iOS (36)
- Android (26)
- macOS (100)
- Linux (64)
- Nintendo Switch (25)
- Nintendo 3DS (4)
- Nintendo DS (6)
- Xbox 360 (27)
- Xbox (13)
- PlayStation 3 (30)
- PlayStation 2 (18)
- PlayStation (9)
- PS Vita (9)
- PSP (7)
- Wii U (5)
- Wii (8)
- GameCube (12)
- Nintendo 64 (2)
- Game Boy Advance (8)
- Game Boy Color (2)
- Game Boy (2)
- SNES (8)
- NES (2)
- Classic Macintosh (2)
- Commodore / Amiga (2)
- Atari ST (2)
- Genesis (2)
- SEGA Saturn (3)
- Dreamcast (3)
- Web (2)
1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The third game in a series, it holds nothing back from the player. Open world adventures of the renowned monster slayer Geralt of Rivia are now even on a larger scale. Following the source material more accurately, this time Geralt is trying to find the child of the prophecy, Ciri while making a quick coin from various contracts on the side. Great attention to the world building above all creates an immersive story, where your decisions will shape the world around you.
CD Project Red are infamous for the amount of work they put into their games, and it shows, because aside from classic third-person action RPG base game they provided 2 massive DLCs with unique questlines and 16 smaller DLCs, containing extra quests and items.
Players praise the game for its atmosphere and a wide open world that finds the balance between fantasy elements and realistic and believable mechanics, and the game deserved numerous awards for every aspect of the game, from music to direction.
Categories in common with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: Role Playing
2. Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Carefully constructed horror game relies on positioning, camera work, and shocking content. But Amnesia: The Dark Descent adds psychological elements to it. Players control the young man named Daniel, who wakes up in a seemingly empty castle, alone and with a massive memory loss. Through environmental storytelling, notes, audio logs and even visions, players are invited to uncover the deep-rooted secrets of the castle.
Throughout the game players will be introduced to the mechanics of Sanity, representing the mental state of Daniel which can be affected by lack of light, visions and even unpleasant encounters with the monsters. When decreased, Sanity will distort the vision of the player to a different and seemingly random effect, in order to depict actual effects of severe anxiety. Most of the game challenges are completed through the item search and physics puzzles, forcing players to be resourceful and courageous.
The game supports modding, and allows user-created content alongside the free DLC Justine, telling a story of a female prisoner. Given how short the DLC story is - several possible endings are available.
3. Call of Duty: WWII
Includes Digital Edition Bonus Content: 1,100 Call of Duty Points*
PRE-ORDER AND GET:
- Multiplayer Upgrade (Weapon Unlock + 2XP)
- Zombies Camo***
- Divisions Pack
Call of Duty® returns to its roots with Call of Duty®: WWII - a breathtaking experience that redefines World War II for a new gaming generation. Land in Normandy on D-Day and battle across Europe through iconic locations in history’s most monumental war. Experience classic Call of Duty combat, the bonds of camaraderie, and the unforgiving nature of war against a global power throwing the world into tyranny.
Call of Duty®: WWII creates the definitive World War II next generation experience across three different game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Co-Operative. Featuring stunning visuals, the Campaign transports players to the European theater as they engage in an all-new Call of Duty® story set in iconic World War II battles. Multiplayer marks a return to original, boots-on-the ground Call of Duty gameplay. Authentic weapons and traditional run-and-gun action immerse you in a vast array of World War II-themed locations. The Co-Operative mode unleashes a new and original story in a standalone game experience full of unexpected, adrenaline-pumping moments.
In the city of robots Machinarium, a gang called "Black Cap Brotherhood" is dominating. At first, it all started with the usual hooligan antics, beginning with a slingshot and ending with the theft of the gramophone. However, one of the gang members decided to attack the mayor, infecting his brain with parasites. The mayor manages to call the robot scavenger that will send the bandit to a dump. However, the scavenger by mistake sucks the cleaner Joseph (you play as him). And the bandit washes off, kidnaping Joseph's girlfriend, Berta. From this moment the game begins.
The most significant difference from other games made in this genre is that the interaction occurs only with those objects that the protagonist can reach. You can also increase and decrease your height (three positions: low standard and high). Also in the game, there are no dialogues, instead of which the system of animated clouds of thoughts is used.
5. F.E.A.R. 3
The third game of the FEAR series of games. The general outline of the whole line of these games is the confrontation of special forces, to be more precise, a soldier named "Operative", and a squad of super-soldier clones who refused to obey their superiors. Rebellious clone soldiers are capable of even cannibalism, and other details of the setting correspond to this level of fear.
Protagonists and antagonists have unusual abilities or conventional abilities, developed to an unusually high level. This is manifested, among other things, in the possession of ghostly forms, by which it is possible to mislead other people.
The game is strictly from the first person. A notable feature of the gameplay is the slow motion mode. In this mode, the player accelerates the perception to such an extent that it can see the flying bullets. This gives him obvious advantages. The slow motion mode, in the game, is explained by the increased content of adrenaline in the blood, which occurs in a person, in a situation that threatens life. If this condition is caused in a natural way, then it does not last long. It can be extended with the help of a special drug, which is included in the number of useful game stuff. Sometimes this mode is "turned on" during visions that visit the hero and act on him as much as the danger.
The hero of the game is Overlord, a great warrior, resurrected by predatory creatures - minions, to defeat the seven rulers of the seven provinces and capture their lands with all that is there. Overlord had a predecessor, who owned all the lands, but their present rulers defeated and killed him. And they fell into seven deadly sins, one for each.
The hero uses the old destroyed tower as a base. He brings there all the trophies and gradually transforms it into a comfortable, spacious and in every respect well-equipped room. Among the trophies are artefacts stolen from the tower, which add even new places to the tower, increase the health and magical power of Overlord.
Minions are of four kinds, each species has its own abilities. Minions perish in battle, but Overlord can summon new ones from special wells, paying for it with the life force of dead enemies. You can build a smithy and then buy and improve weapons there.
Overlord can behave differently, he is tempted by the same sins that enslaved his opponents. Its "corruption" exists in the game as one of its parameters, measured, displayed and affects the course and end of the game.
7. Ghost of a Tale
Ghost of a tale is developed by a very small team. Lionel "Seith" Gallat does 90% of the art, design and coding. Paul Gardner is the game's writer and an experienced game designer. Cyrille Paulhiac does coding and develops tools. Jeremiah Pena is the game's composer, while Nicolas Titeux is responsible for sound design.
• Includes BRUTAL content such as ‘The Brute’ playable character, ‘The Dark Forest’ outdoor environment, and much more.
• A 3D ACTION ROGUE-LIKE. Combines fast third-person combat with permadeath dungeon-delving for a game that’s diabolically hardcore. Anticipate enemy attack patterns, time your actions for maximum effect, and use smart combinations of light, heavy, and power attacks to defeat your enemies.
• EXPLORE AN EVER-SHIFTING DUNGEON. Every playthrough offers new locations to discover, new threats to face, new traps to avoid, new items to craft, and new treasures to uncover.
• DEFEAT HORDES OF DEADLY ENEMIES. Face ever-deadlier threats as you go deeper into the dungeon. Gemeaters, Changelings, Hoardmen, Fire Djinns, and many more exist only to kill you.
• TEAM-UP IN 2 - 4 PLAYER CO-OP. Drop into multiplayer games and fight side-by-side, revive fallen comrades, and share valuable treasures as you face the dangers together.
1 player, 2-4 Network Players, 4GB HDD min size, DUALSHOCK4, Remote Play, Online (Optional)
9. Hard Truck Apocalypse: Rise Of Clans / Ex Machina: Meridian 113
Hard Truck Apocalypse: Rise of Clans - is an addon to a vehicular Action/RPG set in an alternate future. New heroes and mysteries await you in the vistas of a post-apocalyptic North America. Special customization features, new types of weapons, and hi-tech bosses will immerse you even deeper into the ruthless world of Apocalypse, and your extreme driving skills will serve you well in its new multiplayer mode.
INCLUDED IN EX MACHINA GOLD EDITION
10. The Walking Dead: Michonne
The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries stars the iconic, blade-wielding character from Robert Kirkman's best-selling comic books. Haunted by her past, and coping with unimaginable loss and regret, the story explores Michonne's absence between issues #126 and #139 of the comic book. In this three part miniseries, players will discover what took Michonne away from Rick, Ezekiel, and the rest of her trusted group… and what brought her back.
Save 20% on additional episodes in The Walking Dead: Michonne by purchasing the Season Pass [Episodes 2-3 bundle] via in-app in the 'Episodes' menu
GPU: Adreno 300 series, Mali-T600 series, PowerVR SGX544, or Tegra 4
CPU: Dual core 1.2GHz
- - - -
Examples of supported devices include:
- Galaxy S5 and up
- HTC One (M7)
- LG G2/G2 Mini and up
- Motorola Moto X
Examples of unsupported devices include:
- Galaxy Tab 4 and below
- Galaxy S5 Mini and below
- Nexus 7 2012
- Droid RAZR
Categories in common with The Walking Dead: Michonne: Adventure
11. The Solus Project
The Solus Project is the brainchild of Sjoerd "Hourences" De Jong. As a one-man army he crafted the vision for the game and a large part of the game's looks. Sjoerd has over 12 years of experience in the industry and has worked for a range of large and small studios such as Starbreeze, Epic Games, Guerrilla Games, Digital Extremes, and many more.
The game has been in production since July 2013, and has a team of 5 to 10 people working on it.
Teotl is a small indie studio that was founded in 2010 and is located in Sweden. It released The Ball on PC in 2010 and followed up with Unmechanical Unmechanical on PC and iOS/Android in 2012.
The studio focuses on creating high quality and immersive single player experiences. The Ball won the PC Gamer USA Action / Adventure Game of the Year 2010 award.
Grip Digital is a privately owned developer and publisher of games for consoles and high-end portable devices, based in Prague, Czech Republic. The company was started by industry veterans who worked on games across all major platforms. Grip Games is working with the top independent developers to bring their games to console platforms.
12. Ethan: Meteor Hunter
Freeze time and manipulate the world with endless possibilities: build the solution YOU want where nothing is scripted and levels can be solved in multiple ways. When Super Meat Boy meets Braid, you may die repeatedly and enjoy it! With its unique blend of precision platforming and time-stopping physics-based puzzles, feel like a hero when you succeed!
Your name is Ethan, a rat that got touched by meteorites giving him the power of telekinesis: freezing time and moving objects around him. He is now looking for more meteorites that fell in his surroundings to get more power and his revenge against his neighbor who destroyed Ethan's house!They played Ethan
- When Super Meat Boy and Braid got together - Unique blend of precision platforming and time-stopping physics-based puzzles to race through a gauntlet of ruthless hazards
- "Okay just one more try" enabled - Difficult without frustration as you respawn instantly: you don't know it yet, but you'll love killing Ethan
- Telekinetic gameplay with real time physics - Pause time and move a wide array of objects with their different properties to build the solution you want, nothing is scripted: levels can be solved in multiple ways. Examples? HERE or also HERE!
- Play more than 50 levels within 3 different worlds
- Hardcore completionist gamers wanted - getting all the fragments, 100% of the achievements and secret bonuses
- Replay value - Time-attack, fragment collection or minimum number of pause goals in each level
- Leaderboards - once you've mastered the levels, will you be the fastest one?
13. We Are The Dwarves
The Dwarven stars are slowly dying-- putting the race at the edge of extinction. Deliverance is poised upon three Dwarven astronauts who are sent on an expedition to find a new star in the depths of the Endless Stone. Take control of Forcer, Smashfist, and Shadow as they explore the unknown territories of the stone universe while meeting new civilizations and ancient monsters from the deep layers of space.
We Are The Dwarves is an action-based tactical adventure with active pause (extreme slowdown of time) placing you in control of three Dwarven astronauts. Forcer is capable of ranged destruction, and timely set-up exectution. Smashfist, a brute at heart, gets up close and personal with rage worth avoiding. Shadow stays just where you'd expect him to, launching deadly successive assassinations and precision archery from afar. As a trio, combine each dwarfs attack styles into orchestrated destruction against your foe.
Features of We Are The Dwarves -
Three distinct characters, each with an array of abilities and talents.
Individual skill trees for each dwarf; customization varies from stealth to slasher.
Pause and queue gameplay - slow time and set up a series of commands to be executed.
Enemies vary in sense interaction, picking up movement, ambient noise and scent.
14. Don't Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition
In Don't Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition, You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Enter a bizarre and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Learn to exploit the environment and its inhabitants to escape and find your way back home.
If you're ready for a new challenge, Reign of Giants expands the entire world of Don't Starve with new characters, seasons, creatures, biomes, and other challenges to Don’t Starve.
If you're looking for adventures at sea, Shipwrecked will set you off to explore a mysterious new tropical archipelago that you can explore on both land and sea! Don’t let the tropical breeze lull you into a false sense of security - the world might be different, but it is still equal parts unforgiving and uncompromising.
Do whatever it takes to survive, but most importantly, Don't Starve!
Categories in common with Don't Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition: Adventure
Platform: Nintendo Switch
15. The Goatman
StoryIt all began on February 23, 2019 with a call for help from the Greenfield village. It was alleged that a mysterious creature like a half goat and half demon attacked people and animals. Upon this call, a military research team set out.GameplayThere are 3 different characters you can play in the game. Set the hunting strategy according to the characteristics of the character you choose.
Use the lights, explosives, traps and drone to catch Goatman. If the resources are exhausted, you can find new sources by finding the direction with the electronic compass and checking the buildings on the map. When you are looking for Goatman, you must be prepared for the threats that will come against you.Early Access Game Features* Up to 3 players Online CO-OP
* 3 Soldiers (Assault, Heavy, Sniper)
* 3 Animals (Stag, Boar, Bear)
* You should also pay attention to snakes and crows
* Drones, Mines, C4s, Tripod Lights, Compass, Medics, Traps etc...
* Computer (You can control drones, cameras and c4s)
* Big World(2 Village, 1 Barn, Church, Graveyard, Bridge and much more things)
* World Events
* Day and Night Cycle
* Weather System (Sunny, Rainy, Thunder Storm etc...)
Thanks to David Angle for the sounds he designed.
16. The First Men
The skies and the earth were joined together as one unit of creation, after which they have cloven asunder, going through a phase when they were smoke-like after they simultaneously came into a shape to live in.
Six eras have been passed, the world and the cosmos have been created, all the creatures that walk, swim, crawl, and fly rise on the face of the earth from water. The angels, and the sun, moon and the stars started to dwell in the universe. The rain in torrents have been poured down, and the soil is broken up to bring forth the corn, the grapes, and other vegetation; the olive and the palm, the fruit trees and the grass. The earth is held to be inhabited by several other creatures, before that special act of creation; The First Men.
- Customization of the first man and woman with infinitely varied combinations.
- A character-driven gameplay. Body, Mind, Soul, Self, and Heart attributes with hundreds of traits and abilities offers a deep strategic gameplay, a rich and enormously diverse progress of characters to enjoy.
- Deep and immersive exploration. A vast fantasy world full of wonder rewards exploration as you traverse, discover, interact and learn more about the multitude of races you will encounter during your adventures.
- Settlement management with a tremendous variety of structures to build, upgrades and technologies to discover, and items to craft.
- Expeditions in which each character is unique and carries his or her bonuses and/or disadvantages, gains experience, learns new abilities with a memory system, and progress while obtaining new traits and collecting shiny items around the world.
- A unique real-time combat system using mechanics of a complex card game. Each subject you encounter, even a pack of wolves or a swarm of spiders, have their own cards to use.
- Detailed and stylish cartoony visuals set a distinct "fantasy-comedy" tone, reinforced by atmospheric animations, sound effects, and music.
- Different game modes for all players, scenarios with unique stories and victory conditions, skirmish maps for tailored competitions and random maps to add procedurally generated fun into the game, all available in both singleplayer and multiplayer sessions.
- Workshop support and an in-game map editor for crafting unique stories.
Reficul is a survival horror game designed for VR and motion controllers.
As darkness descends upon the world. can you survive the dark new world? Prepare for a challenging and unique enemy, realistic weapon handling, powerful magical relics, perma-death, and lots of eerie fun.
Built from the ground up for virtual reality, Reficul focuses on survival action combat gameplay with a variety of weapons and magical relics. With a unique visual real-time inventory and 2 hands, you become the controller as you react and observe the environment. Observation is a huge part of the game, there are no glowing way-point markers or highlighted pickups. Survival is not handed on a plate in Reficul, this game will test all your survival skills!
- Huge game world to explore if you dare
- Real-time Visual Inventory (No menus)
- Realistic weapon handling and physics
- Swap Items between hands
- left and right-handed control scheme (excluding some weapons)
- Immersive environments with a tense atmosphere and no Jump Scares!
- Powerful Relics with infinite and awesome power
- Procedural enemies and effects such as lightning
- Challenging gameplay which will get harder the more you play
- Perma-Death with huge replay value with the freedom we give you
- Locomotion & Teleport - Use either or both together
- Unique apocalyptic survival setting and gameplay
- Bonus Game - Unlocked upon Completion
This is a horror game and is not recommended for those who have heart problems, epilepsy, anxiety problems or mental and physical health issues.
18. The Riftbreaker
You play the role of captain Ashley S. Nowak - you are the Riftbreaker, an elite scientist/commando inside a powerful Mecha-Suit. Enter a one-way portal to Galatea 37, a distant planet at the far reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, with the purpose of building up a base that will allow travel back to Earth and further colonization. Ashley's Mecha-suit, which she calls "Mr. Riggs", can withstand the harshest environmental conditions and has a full range of equipment for base construction, resource extraction, gathering specimens and of course - combat. It is capable of traveling through rifts that connect space across vast distances.BASE BUILDING
Your task is to construct a two-way rift back to Earth. It is a very complex invention and requires enormous amounts of energy. Simple solar collectors and a few tons of steel will not be enough. You will need to build up a complex chain of mines, refineries, powerplants and research facilities to complete this mission.EXPLORATION
Galatea 37 is an unknown planet in the Sycorax belt of the Milky Way galaxy. Long distance surveys detected that it is inhabitable and perfect for colonization. The planet is full of rare minerals and substances that can be found in various locations around the globe. Varied biomes can surprise you with unknown fauna and flora as well as harsh weather conditions. Construct local outposts in resource-rich locations that will transport the required resources using rift technology.DEFENSE
Your presence on this planet will not go unnoticed. As you build up your industry and disrupt the natural order, the world will start seeing you as a threat. Build up your defenses. Construct walls, barriers and defense towers as the attacks get stronger with every passing day. You will face thousands of hostile creatures trying to eliminate your presence.HACK, SLASH, SHOOT
Mr. Riggs can be equipped with powerful weapons and abilities that will allow you to take on the largest of beasts. You will need to be ready to face lots of hostile alien creatures as you scout the planet.GATHER SAMPLES AND STRANGE ARTIFACTSFallen beasts will drop valuable research specimens as well as rare resources. Use everything that you can gather to research and craft new technologies, buildings, weapons, and equipment. You can also scout the terrain using your sensors and dig for treasure buried underground.RESEARCHUse the samples that you've gathered to research new technologies that will help you build up your base, improve your defenses, develop new blueprints for your Mecha-suit or improve existing technologies.CRAFTMr. Riggs is fully customizable and upgradeable. Use the blueprints that you've researched to craft new parts and weapons. Utilizing better materials for the crafting process results in developing gear with improved properties. Each crafted item has unique properties.INTERACTIVE STREAMINGThe Riftbreaker™ has built-in integration with the most popular streaming services out there. The stream's audience can actively participate in the game through multiple options, e.g. by voting to send waves of new enemies, spawn environmental disasters like a tornado or by donating resources.THE SCHMETTERLING ENGINEThis game is built using the latest iteration of EXOR Studio's in-house developed Schmetterling 2.0 engine which was previously used to create X-Morph: Defense and Zombie Driver. We pride ourselves in delivering fluid gameplay and utilizing all of your hardware's capabilities - uncapped frame rate, support for widescreen monitors, customizable controls and more.COMMUNITY DRIVEN DEVELOPMENTIf you've read everything and arrived all the way down here, then you might be interested in helping us shape the game. Please come and talk to us on the forums, our official Discord server or through any other of our social media. We'll be sharing inside info about our development progress, and we'd love to hear your feedback. Please come and help us make Riftbreaker the game You want to play!
19. Wildlife Camp
Lose yourself in the wild! What adventure, what fun!
Discover new animal species, nurse them back to health and care for them. Look after your little camp with its cute and extraordinary residents. Enjoy some breathtaking encounters with exotic animals, and experience direct contact with the animals and their environment. Besides their medical care, your daily routine includes rearing animals with a bottle and fun activities such as elephant riding.
• The player can give his customized avatar over 120 items of clothing, accessories and hairstyles
• Build, manage and maintain your own wildlife camp in Africa
• 10 different animal species with a bunch of accessoires and hairstyles
• Easy tutorial
• Amphibian vehicle, Jeep and helicopter to reach to far-flung areas
• Over 40 different tools, items of equipment and medicines
• Explore the park area/terrain
• Enjoy the challenge of endless missions and adventures
• 12 training methods to teach the animals fun tricks or to prepare them for life back in the wild
20. Inquisitor: The Hammer of Witches
Use your skills and true faith to save the souls of innocent people. Lead investigations against heresies during which you will use many interrogation techniques such as whipping, breaking on the wheel, burning and many more! Listen to people, sometimes the rumors contain a grain of truth so can find the trail of real sinners. Every successful investigation improves your reputation among the people but be careful not to condemn innocent people to death because the people's favor is not permanent.
- Hundreds of different clues that can lead you to the mission's goal.
- Expand the headquarters of your inquisitor.
- Talk to citizens about their problems, listen to gossip.
- Lead the investigation yourself.
- You can be a clever detective who will solve the matter using the available clues... or a brutal torturer who uses torture to find out the truth.
Categories in common with Inquisitor: The Hammer of Witches: Action
21. Glorious Companions
Glorious Companions is a turn based tactical RPG set in an original dark fantasy world of Navaroth where you craft your own journey as a leader of a mercenary company. Aspire to become a powerful lord, solve the mystery of the Ancient Guardians or just ride around the continent building your fortune on trade.
The world of Navaroth has been carefully built and maintained by us throughout the years. The whole premise began as a pen-and-paper RPG system. Even the game itself had many different forms throughout the years. In 2009 it was a small mini-game with 2D cards representing the characters. However, it has turned into so much more.
- Custom and gritty combat system: no one is invincible as a single well-aimed strike can take out a careless warrior.
- No battle is truly over until it’s over: eliminate the enemy captain to win the battle, but be careful as it works the other way around too!
- Tried and proven formula: the world of Navaroth has its roots in an original pen-and-paper RPG system featuring a science based magic system.
- Pick your side: become an ally to the vengeful Scarres or join the ranks of the wise Valrenay militia. More factions will be revealed during the development.
- Take care of your men: keep their morale high by serving them luxury food and alcohols, train them at special facilities when they gather enough experience and crucially - don’t let them bleed out after a tough battle.
- No two soldiers are ever the same: play to your units natural predispositions, train and equip them to your liking.
- New world on each playthrough: the continent and its political climate are procedurally generated at the beginning of every journey.
- Start small and expand: focus first on making a name for yourself as a lord by winning small skirmishes, or lay the foundations of a thriving merchant guild.
- More power means more responsibility: a wise leader is not merely an army commander; attend to a variety of political and economic issues as your empire grows.
- Danger from afar: try not to get too complacent, as the Ancient Guardians eventually wake up and threaten the known world.
At the very beginning there’s only you, your family’s grumpy servant and a rusty sword against the entire world. Forget about a big army of professional mercenaries, you’ll have to settle for a bunch of shoddy, club-wielding scoundrels as you work your way up and gain enough credibility and coin to hire better companions.
Remember that the journey is not a fairy tale. You will scramble for gold to keep your party fed, rested and more importantly, with their pouches full of coins - as your men will not stay with you for very long without their wages paid on time.
Your units earn experience points proportionate to their contribution on the battlefield. Send them to train in militia barracks or to master new abilities in distant shrines and they’ll come back stronger a few days later. You’ll be able to choose from a plethora of different equipment to gear them appropriately. Each item and armor piece has different qualities and there are no clear-cut best builds for every possible scenario - all the weapons are designed to be viable under favorable conditions.
Folks say that a brave commander doesn’t hide behind their troops. What they don’t tell you, though, is that they’re usually not alive for their second battle. You’ll have to be very careful to not overextend and yet not appear too scared to join the fray, as your men will take notice of that.
Depending on your starting archetype your lord commander will provide a different aura that helps nearby companions. Fighter’s Command is a buff that will help you to build a protective formation around your commander by granting nearby units a shielding/parrying bonus for each ally unit in direct contact with one another. Skirmisher’s Path on the other hand, grants a dodging and mobility boost for nearby units who are not standing next to allies. You’ll unlock more unique commander abilities as you progress in the game.
The game is a big breathing world where things happen even if you stay idle or focus on doing your own thing. Decide between rising in the ranks of the chosen faction, or risk making more enemies by founding your own kingdom; between playing dirty and taking any advantage you can, or becoming an honorable hero; between making bank and making allies.
Your end game is dependant on your play style and the actions you took. There’s no set story in the world of Navaroth. You may end up managing wood supplies between a dozen cities you own. Who knows, you might simply enjoy the life of a vigilante’s band leader and decide to stay on the run. This is your story.
SpellFront is a first person action in which you play as a mighty sorcerer. On each step of you journey you will be discovering new spells that can help you to defeat enemies and go further in your path. Rise from your slumber to defeat unstoppable horde of extraterrestrial foes. During three big stages you will be exploring ancient ruins to find the ultimate weapon and stop your enemies once and for all.
- Every you spell is a unique weapon that has a special role in the battle: crush your opponents from afar with help of Devil Hands, lure them into electric traps using Spheres of Thunder and destroy them in packs with Acid bombs.
- Challenge the diverse cast of enemies: from combat robots to stone golems.
- Use your spells to influence your surroundings. Use your surroundings to win the battle. You can destroy floor under your enemy fits, throw explosive at them using your telekinesis, or electrocute water to stun multiple enemies at once.
- You may face with dozens of foes in one fight. So be prepare to change spells on the run and adjust your tactic!
- Choose suitable spells to find secrets, traverse traps and solve puzzles. For example, you can use your telekinesis to build staircase from boulders, melt iron bars with Acid Bombs or charge an alien generator using Spheres of Thunder.
23. Hero's Song
Hero's Song is an open world roguelike fantasy action RPG with a beautiful 2D pixel art style. Create epic fantasy worlds uniquely shaped by your choices, the power of the Gods, and thousands of years of procedurally generated history. Adventure alone or with up to 25 friends (during Early Access) on your own server and crush your foes. Become a legendary hero in a dangerous and mysterious world of magic and monsters. Explore endless dungeons and ancient cities in long-forgotten lands in search of knowledge, treasure, and the power of the Gods!A hardcore action RPG for hardcore gamers
In Hero's Song, you use the familiar click-to-move and attack controls of classic action RPGs to navigate the battlefield, and outwit, overpower, and overcome your enemies.
- Challenge yourself to use a wide variety of melee, ranged, and magical abilities and defeat the intelligent tactics of your enemies.
- True to its hardcore nature, combat in Hero's Song is dangerous and has very real consequences, including the chance of permanent death.
- Friendly fire is always defaulted to "on," so positioning and precision are very important considerations. Death will come quickly if you think this is a simple clickfest.
Within a universe crafted by Patrick Rothfuss, the New York Times bestselling author of The Kingkiller Chronicle, the worlds of Hero's Song are living ecosystems with deep histories.
- Choose a pantheon of gods to dominate your world, influencing not just the physical geography but thousands of years of compelling history, including your hero's bloodlines.
- Adventure far and wide across grasslands, forests, deserts, tundra, oceans, and other procedurally generated environments.
- Stumble upon your own stories by following a merry band of warriors, rescuing a traveling merchant from a pack of wolves, or slaughtering an entire village.
In worlds so vast you will never encounter every living being, worthy heroes can accumulate wealth and power beyond imagining, ultimately ascending to godhood themselves.
- Discover hundreds of crafting recipes and thousands of hard-to-find resources while contending with a horde of dangerous creatures and self-interested factions.
- Loot, craft, and steal nearly 8,000 handmade items, including ancient and magical artifacts passed down through the generations and lost to time.
- Struggle to survive in a harsh fantasy world, attending to basic needs, camping in the wilderness, and treating injuries and illness.
Hero's Song offers an online community of heroes from which you can recruit other players to join you on your adventures, or battle for supremacy on the field.
- Host your own persistent worlds supporting up to 25 simultaneous players.
- Customize your public world, including PvP, permadeath, and the day/night cycle.
- Join a public world without a separate game client.
24. Dark Souls III
Dark Souls III is the fourth installment in the Dark Souls series, now introducing the players to the world of Lothric, a kingdom which has suffered the fate similar to its counterparts from the previous games, descending from its height to utter darkness. A new tale of dark fantasy offers to create and guide the path of game’s protagonist, the Ashen One, through the dangers of the world before him.
Sharing many gameplay similarities with previous installments of the Souls series, Dark Souls III improves at what it is best. These features are the unforgiving difficulty and unique, overwhelming environments. Let alone the soundtracks, allowing players to travel through the familiar locations and encounter new obstacles alike, resulting in a great test of nerves, while also giving the fruit of resolving the secrets and echoes of the past of Dark Souls series.
The new changes to the systems of multiplayer, crafting and combat will offer new and experienced players to challenge themselves on the field of battle, and to enhance the playthrough with each consecutive New Game +, where the in-game cycle never indeed ends, allowing for a multitude of different playstyles, and showing different events based on player’s actions.
25. Monster Hunter: World
Monster Hunter: World is the fifth game in the Japanese franchise Monster Hunter, which is about hunting giant beasts. It is set in a medieval fantasy setting, on a continent known as the New World that is being colonized by the humans from the Old World. The plot revolves around a dragon migration called Elder Crossing. Your protagonist is a hunter, whose name and appearance can be customized. You traveled from the Old World to study and hunt the dragons and other local monsters.
The hunter, accompanied by an assistant, starts at the city of Astera, from where they can freely wander the open world. There are six regions in the New World, each with its own base camp. The camps are where you have to thoroughly prepare before every expedition, gathering equipment and provision. Before you can fight monsters, they need to be tracked down using Scout flies and studied to discover their habits, strengths, and weaknesses. There are no character levels, so your hunter’s effectiveness relies on the hunting gear you have equipped. Advanced armor and weapons can be created using a detailed crating system. Many items that you found on missions, including body parts of monsters, can be used for crafting.
26. Don't Starve
Don’t Starve is an adventure survival game set in a procedurally generated open world environment and made in a specific cartoon manner. Players assume the role of the scientist Wilson lost in the dark world. The main objectives for Wilson are to stay healthy, fed and mentally stable, and to avoid attacks of supernatural enemies in order to survive as long as possible. Players control the action with the keyboard (general activities) and mouse (combat). The game features day/night time cycles, which change survival pace dramatically. Days are usually spent exploring the map, gathering resources, and crafting, while nights require maximum concentration and caution to stay aware of dangerous enemies. Enemies range from tiny frogs to carnivore birds and tentacles. To lead a successful survival players must control tree scales in the screen top, which track hunger, health and sanity respectively. Death occurs in various ways from including starving, insanity, and deadly wounds inflicted by monsters.
Categories in common with Don't Starve: Indie
27. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
In the fantasy world of the game, there is a confrontation between the Order of the Sourcerers, the adepts of the magic of the "Source" and the Order of Source Hunters. Hunters believe that the Source's magic is dangerous and consider it their duty to destroy it.
At the beginning of the game, two characters are created, which the player will control. You can choose the gender, appearance, features and skills of the characters.
The game world is totally interactive. Almost all items can be transferred. For example, to make a barricade of them at the entrance. You can create strong combinations of objects. For example, tie a knife to a broomstick and get a spear.
In the game world, much is connected. If the enemy is wet, it will be harder to defeat him with a fiery spell. The player's actions also do not remain without consequences, especially immoral, such as looting and murder.
Between the characters is a dialogue. If it concerns a joint action, but the characters can not agree, the game itself will decide for them. It is interesting that the relationship in this pair can also develop in a romantic direction.
The game that started the popular Crysis series. You control a member of Delta Force special military squad, codenamed Nomad. Your squad was sent to rescue a group of American archeologists who are about to be imprisoned by North Korea. The archeologists recently made a world-changing discovery that needs to be protected by any means. Soon it turns out your real enemy is not North Koreans, but rather something not from this world. The plot is told partly through cutscenes, but mostly through in-game events that the player participates in.
All Delta Force soldiers are equipped with super-powered futuristic Nanosuits, which are the trademark feature of Crysis series. The Nanosuits provide four types of powers that can (and should) be switched on a fly during battles. "Strenght" enhances the wearer's abilities in melee combat, "Armor" protects him from the damage, "Speed" allows you to move faster, and "Cloak" renders you almost invisible to opponents. Besides the story mode, there are two multiplayer modes that allow up to 32 players to participate. Instant Action mode is a traditional deathmatch, while Power Struggle mode features two teams (designed to look like American and North Korean) trying to destroy each other’s bases.
29. Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell is an action-adventure game, a standalone DLC that serves as an epilogue to Saints Row IV. The Boss is taken by Satan to Hell in order to marry Satan’s daughter Jezebel. Saints lieutenants Johnny Gat and Kinzie Kensington follow them to rescue The Boss. You can play as one of the lieutenants.
The game is set in an open world of New Hades, consisting of five islands, that you can explore flying around. This world is full of side quests, collectibles and other activities that you need to complete to progress through the story. While you can’t customize your character, you obtain superpowers, including summoning demons to support you during the battle, magic aura to confuse enemies, and demon weapons. The core gameplay is third-person shooting but with a twist: instead of bullets your new guns will shoot with explosive toads and locust.
In general, Gat Out of Hell follows the spirit of the franchise, supporting its fast pace and absurd tone that turns another mafia game in a colorful burlesque.
30. Shadow Warrior 2
Shadow Warrior 2 is a first-person adventure and the second part of the original's title released in 1997 reboot. The company responsible for the original is 3D Realms.
The player controls the protagonist with the arsenal of 70 weaponry including melee weapons, firearms, and throwables. The weapons may be customized: there are three gem slots in each one with the gems improving different characteristics in the armament. Due to the detailed battle system, it is allowed to cut an enemy into pieces and tear him apart in different ways, shooting, for example, his limbs off. A hero moves through levels, overcomes obstacles and climbs walls. There is no linear structure to the game as early missions can be replayed and newer location re-explored — that is one of the contrasts with the previous installment the title is made. Non-story-related levels are generated procedurally — it means their layout differs from time to time. There is a four-player cooperative mode, in which a party can walk through the same campaign levels together.
The narrative centers around Yakuza — the gang is trying to force Lo Wang — the protagonist — to accomplish the job of reclaiming a piece of jewelry from a local Shrine. The story circles around relationships between the characters, mutations due to ancient relics and the adventures in Indiana Jones style.
31. Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry
Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry is a standalone expansion for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and set 12 years after its events. The game introduces a brand new character - a pirate called Adéwalé who joins the Order of Assassins in order to stop slavery in Haiti. He confronts the local government and starts to sabotage their actions.
Freedom Cry, like the original game, is a pirate-themed title with an accent on sea battles. The story is split into nine missions. You can explore an open-world sea map and attack ships to set slaves free. The ship development system and the amount of weaponry are reduced compared to Black Flag. The game also features land missions and side quests that allow you to upgrade your character and get additional bonuses. You even can recruit unchained slaves to your crew so they will help you in battles.
Freedom Cry follows the traditions of the series and combines stealth elements, used mostly during city missions with open combat. You have several weapon types including swords, guns and throwing knives to distract enemies.
32. Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
The universe of Shadowrun is a weird mixture of cyberpunk and high fantasy. Magic and technology co-exist in this setting, dragons are real, as well as elves, goblins, dwarves and many other mythological creatures, but they are living in a future world full of hackers and megacorporations. The "shadowrunners" are specialists who perform all sorts of dirty jobs for syndicates and governments. This setting was originally designed for the tabletop games, but since 1990s Shadowrun is also a popular game series, in which Dragonfall is the sixth installment. In Dragonfall, you control a team of shadowrunners, led by your protagonist, in an isometric view. While hacking a data vault in Berlin, your party discovers dangerous secrets that were better left unknown. The characters in your team are highly developed, have backstories and inspire sympathy. To avoid losing your favorite companion, you will have to plan your battles prudently.
Dragonfall was originally a DLC released to support the previous part, Shadowrun Returns. Compared to the standard edition, "Director's Cut" includes five additional missions, several alternate endings, an improved interface design, a slightly different combat system and a new soundtrack composed by Jon Everist.
33. Octopath Traveler
Eight travelers. Eight adventures. Eight roles to play in a new world
brought to life by Square Enix. And now, you can enjoy all of them in
the new demo. Step into the shoes and live the stories of each of the
eight travelers and freely explore the world of Orsterra. Then, carry
your choices and adventure into the main game with save data transfer.
Use each character’s special abilities in and out of battle. Break
through enemy defenses by discovering and targeting weaknesses. Store
Boost Points with each turn and then spend them at strategic times to
strengthen abilities, chain attacks, or provide aid. Choose the path you
wish to walk and discover what lies beyond the horizon.
Explore multiple, distinct RPG adventures in a world created by Square
Choose from eight characters, each with their own distinct story
Deep, strategic turn-based combat with a layered battle system
Visuals inspired by retro RPGs, brought to life with modern touches
and a rousing, dynamic musical score
34. Wizard of Legend
Become A Wizard Of Legend!
Wizard of Legend is a fast paced dungeon crawler with rogue-like elements where you assume the role of a powerful wizard intent on overcoming the Chaos Trials to become the next Wizard of Legend.Story
Every year in the City of Lanova, the Council of Magic, comprised of the most powerful wizards in the world, holds the Chaos Trials to determine if there are any worthy of becoming a Wizard of Legend. The contestant that successfully navigates all of the challenges and demonstrates superior wizardry earns the right to become a Wizard of Legend!Gameplay
Battle your way through each challenge by defeating powerful conjured enemies! Collect valuable spells and relics and build up your magical arsenal to fit your playstyle! Achieve mastery over magic by chaining spells together to create devastating combination attacks! Face each council member in combat and earn your right to become a Wizard of Legend!Features
- Fast Paced Spell Slinging Combat
- Use powerful spell combinations to destroy your enemies
- Procedurally generated levels mean a new challenge every time
- Tons of spells and items to fit your playstyle
- A variety of unlockable wizards to discover
- Local multiplayer allows you to play with or against a friend
- Gamepad and controller support for most major devices
35. Lost Planet 3
Lost Planet 3 is an action third-person shooter developed by Spark Unlimited. It is the first game in the Lost Planet series timeline.
Several colonists and miners are sent to a planet of E.D.N. III by a company called NEVEC. You play as a miner named Jim that works for NEVEC. All the mined resources are sent back to Earth. Jim unravels the secrets of the corporation Throughout the story.
The game features giant mining mech rigs that are upgradeable to some degree. Players can also upgrade their weapons and suit. In order to buy new upgrades, the players have to find specific parts and scrap that also can be bought. Using the mission-based mechanic, the game allows the players to go on completing the main quests or get some side-quests to help their comrades and gain some new equipment.
Throughout the game the players fight an alien race of Akrid. Akrids have thermal energy flowing in their veins instead of regular blood. That's why they can survive extremely cold temperatures on E.D.N. III.
36. STAR WARS Empire at War - Gold Pack
A collection of strategic games in the world of Star Wars.
During the Galactic Civil War, you can lead the rebels, dominate the Empire, or become a criminal at the head of a powerful criminal group.
Being in more than eighty terrestrial and extraterrestrial locations, you can control everything from one unit to the Death Star. Each decision affects the next fight, each battle affects the entire Galaxy.
Among the locations and heroes there are names familiar from the films - Tatooine, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Han Solo and Chewbacca, R2-D2 and C-3PO and others.
In addition to playing for the Light and Dark sides of the Force, you can play "against all and only for yourself" - in the role of Tiber Zann you can lead a group of criminals to the top of the criminal world of the Galaxy. This option is provided by the addition to the game - "Forces of Corruption". In the arsenal of criminals are well-known methods: piracy, kidnapping, extortion and bribery. And with the help of such an all-powerful key as corruption, you can achieve complete control over the Galaxy.
Categories in common with STAR WARS Empire at War - Gold Pack: Strategy
37. Supreme Commander 2
Supreme Commander 2 is a real-time strategy, a sequel to Supreme Commander. The story is set in the near future in the world of giant mechs and the rise of technology. The plot tells about the confrontation of three forces: the United Earth Federation, the Illuminate and the Cybrans. They united in the first game but the newly elected President's assassination makes them break up.
The game is split into three missions dedicated to these forces. You have an opportunity to play as each side of the conflict that allows you to see it at different angles. At the end three separated campaigns come together and have the single ending.
The gameplay is typical for the RTS genre: you need to build facilities, mine resources and create an army of different military forces, including robots, tanks and super weapons. Your units are upgradeable with special points you can get developing technologies and defeating enemies. The goal of the game is to overcome your opponents. However, in a single-player campaign you can win by the numerical superiority of your army.
38. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance is a standalone expansion pack for Supreme Commander which includes a new campaign, a faction, 110 new units, new modes and multiplayer maps. It is an RTS game.
Two years pass after the Black Sun weapon was fired. The president of the United Earth Federation was murdered. The Seraphim occupy Earth. The old enemies unite to fight back the alien race.
The gameplay does not differ much from the original Supreme Commander. The main feature of the game is still the number of the vehicles featured. Players can fight on land, air, and water. The game also features various stationary buildings and experimental units that can withstand a massive amount of damage.
There are two types of resources in the game: Mass and Energy. Both of them are essential for the development of the player's army and economy. It does not matter how much materials you have for your future expansion. The speed you gather them at is what's important. One of the core mechanics of the game is the mining of Mass from the destroyed units and buildings while Energy can be obtained from trees and unfinished buildings.
Categories in common with Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance: Strategy
Verdun is an indie multiplayer squad-based FPS developed by M2H and Blackmill Games.
Verdun is set in the World War I period and is inspired by the French Battle of Verdun. The game is historically accurate, featuring multiple WWI weaponry, uniforms, and equipment. To display the horrors of war, the game also features a detailed injury and decapitation models.
Most of the matches of Verdun feature 32 players, yet it is possible to up that number to 64 in a private Frontlines mode match.
There are four game modes in Verdun:
The main mode is Frontlines, in which two teams fight over the sectors of an enormous and authentic frontline maps. Depicting the typical trench warfare of WWI, the players attack and counter-attack each other in turns. Each player is a part of a 4-player squad, with each squad having its own perks. 12 types of squads are available. Upon joining a squad, the players have to choose a class available to their squad type.
The Attrition Warfare mode is basically a common Team Deathmatch. Each team spawns with a number of tickets that deplete when a team member dies. The first team to lose all their tickets loses the match.
Squad Defense is a cooperative horde mode when a squad of players defend themselves from waves of opposing forces.
In Rifle Deathmatch, the players participate in a free-for-all deathmatch, where every player fights for themselves. Players can purchase attachments for their weapons after killing their enemies.
Vessel is a game about an engineer who operates machines in a heavily industrialized steampunk world. The player assumes the role of Arkwright, a genius scientist who invented a new type of automaton called Fluro. The Fluros are amorphous creatures that can be made of any type of liquid and perform tasks for people. One day, the Fluros mutated and went out of control, ruining most of the world’s machines. Arkwright has to find the cause of the malfunction and restore control over the Fluros.
The gameplay consists of solving physics-based puzzles and manipulating the ridiculously complex machinery in a 2.5D environment. Arkwright jumps the platforms and pushes buttons to activate machines in a certain way. He can also use devices called Seeds to create new Fluros out of the liquids found on the levels, including lava. The Fluros, in turn, can be manipulated to perform helpful actions, such as to pull switches that are inaccessible for Arkwright. The liquid is the central element of the game, and a special graphics engine was made to animate it. The music by the famous DJ Jon Hopkins works as a hint for the player, becoming more complex when he or she does the right actions.
42. Slain: Back from Hell
Slain: Back from Hell
You control the fate of Bathoryn, a doomed hero in a Gothic world, who seeks to liberate six cursed realms from six deadly overlords.
He must battle his way through this blighted land, packed with gruesome pixel art foes before ascending (or sometimes descending) into a stronghold, all the while defeating fiendish traps and vile monsters alike.
At the heart of every domain Bathoryn will confront a mighty foe - defeat it and his quest continues to its ultimate destiny. Fail, and you’ll die gruesomely – mauled by werewolves, disintegrated by floating monstrosities, squashed by great weights or torn apart by hidden blades. And you will fail…
There are 3 key areas to be mastered in order to vanquish Slain: Back from Hell.
- Learn to wield 3 deadly elemental weapons, each one exploiting weaknesses in different enemy types. Each has a different combo, timing and use. Mastering quick switching between weapons is the path to victory!
- Glean the placement and timings of enemies and booby traps.
- Generate, conserve and unleash your Mana wisely.
Accompanied by the heavy metal visuals is an even heavier metal soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant (formally of Celtic Frost).
- Challenging ‘elemental’- based melee and magical combat
- 6 hours of bone-crushing, metal-fueled mayhem & gore
- Choose from 3 unique weapons in your fight against the demon hordes.
- Full soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant formally of Celtic Frost. \m/
- Cunningly concealed secrets (shhh).
- Boss fights, mini-boss fights, sub-mini- boss fights & macro-sub- mini-boss fights.
- No laborious levelling, no tedious grinding, no wimpy crafting!
43. Rock of Ages 2: Bigger & Boulder
The greatest “giant rocks rolling through historical/artistic ages” tower defense game is back with Rock of Ages 2: Bigger & Boulder. Just like the title says, Bigger &Boulder cranks up the surrealism and gameplay to be, well… BIGGER AND BOULDER. With an emphasis on the chaotic new multiplayer for up to four rock-rollers, new time periods, and improved graphics, physics, and destructibility powered by Unreal Engine 4, players will need to be ready for some intense rocking and rolling.
ACE Team’s Trademark Quirkiness
The Monty Python-esque humor is turned up to 11, as players literally rock and roll through the ages. Humorous animated vignettes will also make a return in full force, so famous historical figures beware!
An Emphasis On Multiplayer
A little friendly competition never hurt anyone, so that’s why ACE Team decided to improve the multiplayer feature of the game. Play with a friend in local split-screen or up to four players online in a 2v2 match to the death, all with the ability to customize banners and colors for your units and more. Oh, and did we mention that opposing tracks can now intersect each other?
A Positively Absurd Art Style
Just like in the original game, ACE Team has created various levels inspired by the greatest art periods in history. Players will gaze upon exquisite art from the Egyptians, Late Gothic era, Early Renaissance, and Surrealist movement, as they carve a path of destruction with their rolling rocks of doom!
Historically Inaccurate Bosses
Take on works of art come to life in boss battles featuring the likes of The Thinker and the Great Sphinx, leading up to the all-powerful final boss in a showdown like you'd never imagine!
Improved Physics and Destructible Environments
With upgraded physics and even more things to be cracked, crushed, flattened, and slammed, rolling various rocks down a hill has never been a more pleasant experience!
With the addition of brand new defensive units and unique boulders with special traits, chaos reigns supreme so be sure not to take each turn for granite.
44. Grey Goo
Grey Goo is a real-time strategy game developed by Petroglyph Games in collaboration with Weta Workshop.
On a distant habitable planet called Ecosystem Nine, three factions confront each other. Humans, Betas, and the Grey Goo nanobots. The humans arrive on the planet to investigate an unusual signal, as they thought to be to only intelligent beings in the planet system. Betas established a colony after escaping from their own planet. And the Goo used to be an old human-made surveillance system, which reprogrammed itself and tries to return to its creators while consuming everything on its way.
The players are free to choose any faction to play as both in singleplayer campaign and multiplayer PvP mode. Each faction has its own set of units, buildings and drastically differs in gameplay from every other one. For example, Betas rely on speed and mobility to outmaneuver their enemies, while humans can use teleportation devices to deploy their forces to the battlefield quickly and reconstruct their own base in a matter of seconds.
The game's developers put a heavy emphasis on the preference of macro decisions instead of micromanagement. This being said, the player's strategy serves as a deciding factor in winning the game, not the speed with which they buy their units and build structures.
Categories in common with Grey Goo: Strategy
Be clever, be quick – and show no mercy.
Beyond the veil of this world, there is a chain of strongholds that were once built to keep the horrors of the void at bay. And now the monsters are returning from the depths to conquer and kill: only you can stop the monsters before they break through to the everyday world. Choose your hero and defend the silent forts: use, rebuild and improve those ancient traps and magical machines.
Deathtrap is a Tower Defense game with strong action-RPG elements, a game of vicious tricks, killing machines, rotating blades and splattering blood.
- A truly unique mixture of Tower Defense games and action-RPGs.
- You and your traps against the whole otherworld: Defeat the hordes in an incredible single player campaign! You are on your own, so it's a good thing that you have deadly devices and powerful spells.
- Team up with other heroes and save the world together...: Cooperative campaign with specially designed maps.
- …or you can just show your friends your true personality: Players can set against each other in this game mode, where the defender prepares traps and defensive tactics, while the attacker has the ability to possess and control directly any creature in his or her army and employs skills to weaken the opponent or boost the invaders.
- Become the Master of the Deathtrap Strongholds: The integrated Map Editor and Monster Editor allows the creation of the user generated content; moreover, you can also share your deadly, cunning levels and challenging mini-campaigns with others.
- Knee-deep in blood: in the goriest Tower Defense game ever you can finally teach those monsters a savage lesson. Deathtrap gives you destructive spells and deadly mechanisms to smash, freeze, burn the creatures of nightmare, only to mention a few ways that can turn them into tiny, bloody pieces.
- Rewards of curiosity: Find the hidden corners on the maps and hunt down the neutral creatures hiding away from the battle for exclusive loot; you can also solve rewarding side quests as well.
- Become one of the specialists: Choose from 3 diverse classes (Mercenary, Sorceress, and Marksman); each class offers different tactics, skills and powers to dispose your enemies.
- With experience comes wisdom – and brand new ways to deal with those annoying invaders: The extended and detailed character development offers you 100 levels to achieve and more than 50 Skills per class.
- Weapons of destruction have never been so much fun: fend off the invaders with 25 deadly traps and more than 150 trap upgrades, not to mention the very special upgrades, which are tied to challenging and fun achievements.
- Enter a truly grim fantasy netherworld: the Ink, the mysterious otherworld in the Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing games has hidden regions and ancient secrets; now can face what is waiting in those depths.
- Gear up and stand your ground: The detailed equipment mechanics and the comprehensive loot system make your inventory highly customizable.
- A wide variety of horrors to defeat: Invaders come in 3 races and more than 40 different types; the countless combination of monster abilities will make the invading swarms even more colorful.
- Make your legendary weapons even more effective: Artifact crafting gives you new ways to experiment with lethal magical items.
- King of the Maze: The leaderboards and the rank system lets you compete with other players.
46. Savant - Ascent
Savant - Ascent is an action game. This is a result of the collaboration with the artist, called Alexander Vinter. He is also known as Savant.
The gameplay is quite simple in the beginning. The player should shoot, dodge and jump on two spots.
However, while progressing it is becoming more complicated. When you start playing, you have a limited set of skills, but you can pick CDs from enemies to unlock bonuses or to acquire ultimate power. Every new ability, you unlock, forces you to get used to a new tool, so it makes the game process more tricky and challengeable. The player has to collect six CDs to unlock all achievements and get to the final fight. There are a few modes. In the Story mode, you need to finish five levels. After accomplishing it, the player can try the Time attack mode, where you aim to kill foes for a limited time. Alternatively, try the Endless mode. There you have to fight with never-ending units of foes. Every new wave is stronger than the previous one. However, there is an indicator, showing you the location of the new enemies.
Savant has composed each song, and it fits in with the environment of the game. There are seven unlockable soundtracks.
Moreover, in the boss fight, it can seem that you fight to the music beat. As for the graphic, it is simple. There are nice 16-bit images, so the design feels a little bit retro.
48. Lifeless Planet Premier Edition
While seeking life on a distant planet, an astronaut discovers an abandoned Russian town. He suspects his mission is a hoax until a mysterious young woman saves him from a strange and deadly phenomenon... Lifeless Planet is a third-person action-adventure that features an old-school sci-fi story and spectacular environments in the spirit of classic action-adventures.
After a hard landing on the planet, the astronaut discovers the planet that was reported to be rich with life is instead a barren wasteland. When he goes searching for his crew, he makes a more startling discovery: evidence that humans have already been to this planet years ago! When he comes upon a deserted Soviet-era Russian town, he struggles to make sense of his mission. Did his light-speed travel to the planet send him back in time? Or is this all some strange Cold War hoax?
Along the way, the astronaut meets a Russian woman, Aelita, who is somehow able to survive the hostile atmosphere of the planet. Through an unusual natural phenomenon, her skin causes the soil to glow green under her feet. The player must use these glowing tracks as a guide across the planet past treacherous and deadly threats. Is she leading him to safety... or an untimely death?
Lifeless Planet was inspired by Cold War era science fiction stories, posing questions about humankind's desire for space travel. What if you journeyed across the galaxy to another planet, only to find humans had already been there? What kind of person would sign up for a one-way mission, leaving behind planet Earth and everyone they've ever known and love... to go in search of an Earth-like planet?
Equipped with a limited-use jet-pack and a mobile robotic arm, the player must use wits and skill to solve puzzles, unravel the mystery, and survive the Lifeless Planet!
Explore 20 unique and atmospheric environments on a vast and treacherous planet.
Follow a mysterious young woman as she guides you past dangerous terrain and deadly life-forms.
Investigate the startling discovery of an abandoned Russian town.
Experience an exciting and intriguing story through rich graphics and cinematic cut-scenes.
49. RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum combines the excitement of rollercoasters with the fun of great strategy sim. RCT3 Platinum combines the roller coaster theme park fun of the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 with included expansion packs Soaked! and Wild! Now enjoy more options than ever. Build your own water slide or create your own safari with real animals. Watch guest reactions to your ultimate theme park!
- Grab a front seat for the ride of your life with the jaw-dropping Coaster Cam.
- See every detail in stunning 3D with fully controllable park cameras.
- Cope with changing weather patterns and enjoy beautiful vistas, sunsets, moonlight, and more.
- Experience the latest extreme coasters and heart-pumping rides! Live Every spine tingling detail in stunning 3-D with fully controllable cameras.
- Spice up any backgrounds, rides, fireworks display and laser light shows with your own music.
- Create your own park guests and groups with the Peep Designer and experience their reactions to the rides you build! Soak them and watch their reactions! Send them on wild safari and let them pet the animals!
- Create savage encounters and thrilling safaris! Conquer 12 Wild! Scenarios and experience cool jungle and prehistoric design themes.
- Play through dozens of scenarios in three difficulty modes or build without limits in Sandbox mode.
- Create pyrotechnic wonders and laser light shows with the RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3 MixMaster.
Take control of a mighty mercenary and leap into the heart of one of the most action-packed MMORPG experiences available. Master the art of combat as you utilize brutal combos, devastating magic and the environment itself to wreak destruction on your foes.
This is unlike any MMORPG you've experienced before. This is Vindictus.
- Brutal Combat – Experience a complex and fast-paced combat system that raises the bar for the MMO genre. There are dozens of combos to learn and spells to cast, and mastering them is the key to survival.
- Avatar of War – Choose from nine distinct characters, including hulking behemoth Karok and exiled princess Lynn. Each has their own set of skills, exclusive armor and a unique personality. Learn their strengths and weaknesses to conquer your foes.
- Forged in Blood – The monsters of Vindictus are some of the most fearsome you will ever face, so massive they blot out the sun. The greater the beast, the tougher the challenge, and the greater the rewards.
- Brothers in Arms – Some horrors are too terrible to be faced alone. Team up with friends, form a clan, and take on Vindictus’ mighty raid bosses. Coordination is key, and only the strongest will survive…
- Visual Assault – With higher fidelity than nearly every other MMO on the market, Vindictus boasts highly-detailed characters and monsters, explosive particle effects and massive battle arenas.